Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
((Lemme know if this is incorrect and I'll fix it!))



Jane Narbon « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 am » Good night, all.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 am » Goodnight, all.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 am » Thanks, Z!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am » Someone post the chat log and I'm out. Thank you guys for the fun tonight!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am » Ok. I'll post the individual Maiden Interviews sometime next week when I'm back at this computer.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am » I've got the whole thing if you want me to grab it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am » I have the log, in addition to anyone else.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » Did someone get a chat log? I kinda lost most of mine when it crashed the fisrt time
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » Sounds good to me
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » Take care Z!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » We'll decide tomorrow, and see whose around
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » kk
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » Haha, its pretty late. <3
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am » At the moment? I'm just saying "Maybe".
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am » I am. until at least 10:30 my time
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am » I'll see if we can get people playing otmorrow night, but I know it'd have to be late. Demo said he was working, didn't he?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am » I'm pretty tired, too.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am » .
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am » Are we still playing tomorrow night?
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am » Alright ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am » Hopefully next session we'll get farther. But I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am » ...guys? I hate to do this just as we're getting started? But my computer keeps fighting me. I'm going to have to shut it down due to some weird error, and I'm exhausted mentally. I'm gonna call it here for tonight.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:46 am » (Watch me die in the first session. Watch.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:46 am » Mikan's going to go up the burning staircase and make dead sure nobody's trapped up there. She's going to try to get in and out quickly.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am » Zixin will go up the center staircase to see what's on the other side of the double doors that are open.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am » Oddmund is going to go up the safer set of stairs, calling out if anyone is inside.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am » Now where do you go?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 am » Smoke is everywhere. It's hard to avoid it
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 am » Ok. Oddmund and Mikan are the first two in, followed shortly by Zixin. You enter what was once a lavish entry hall. There's two sets of winding staircases, one on either side of the room, heading upwards, and a third staircase between them, leading down towards a set of double doors, that are hanging open. There's doors on the east and west walls as well. There's some fire on the left staircase that appears to be growing, but the right side's staircase and the center one look to be ok from what you can make out. THere's also smaller fires along the floors scattered in places... and some small brown puddles of indeterminate liquid spashed on the ground
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:41 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am » 5,5,3 (failure)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am » !
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am » Good luck@
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am » Alright.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:39 am » (brb)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:39 am » drat. nothing
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:39 am » Go ahead.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 am » righto. want me to roll it or you chic?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 am » Three total.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 am » for both of us, or three total? jsut to make sure
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am » Er, roll them however you want. You find a large flock of people being drawn in by Misa's demonstration
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am » Ok... this adds 3 bonus dice for Rain and Slays. You guys can add them however you want.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am » (The one die failed. But thanks ^_^)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » Wally? Add 1 bonus die for that. I'll allow it to be a stunt
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » (five successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=10
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » .
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am » Misa: *runs down the street, throwing knives at metal signs to make a racket* FIRE, FIRE, JUST DOWN THE STREET
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:34 am » And if you want, remember you can stunt if you can think of a way.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am » I know. I thought you changed your mind for some reason... like Wally just did. Ok, Wally, make your check
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am » *wanted to balance the teams, approximately
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am » Hmm... in that case, Misa will be outside, rousing support.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am » Oddmund doused hsi jacket in water and everything.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » It's cool. No harm done.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » I got confused... I meant C.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » Er, ok. Well then, we'll use the roll as is. Five successes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » ...Wait, I mean tto say, going into the house!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » Oooh.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am » Kee.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:31 am » Fair enough ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 am » The people going in? We'll start with you guys once the I know how many successes you guys get in your favor
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » Again, you can stunt, Odd, if you can think of a way to.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » 8,9,7,6 (3 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » 7,5,2,4,7, 3 (2 successes)
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » Zixin: *hoping he is sufficiently practiced in 'not catching on fire'*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am » Oddmund, you must make a Performance or Presence + Charisma check to get notice and attract attention. The more successes you get, the more people will arrive to help with the bucket brigade and the more extra bonus dice Rain and Slays will get to roll
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am » Misa: *dumps water over herself and heads in*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am » The successes here will affect how long the house stays structurally sound for people to attempt rescue in.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:27 am » Alright. Rain and Slays: Both of you have to make Stamina or Strength +Athletics checks. Add all your successes together, this reflects how well you work on the bucket brigade. You may also stunt if you can think of a way how. Or you can attempt to use leadership if you can think of a good way to use Performance or Presence, but toherwise that's the default roll
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:26 am » Zixin: *would be really bad at A or B*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:25 am » Mostly because it looks like enough people are working on A :D
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 am » Zixin's going to give Slays the bucket and go with C, I think.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 am » Misa: C
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am » Slays:A
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am » Mikan: C
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am » I'm waiting for you to answer my question before I pick.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am » Odd: B!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am » Rain: A.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 am » Alright. At this point, I need to ask one last time, since it'll affect some checks of what people do. Who is A) Staying outside to try and coordinate and work in the bucket brigade, B) Staying outside ot try and rouse more people to help, and C) Going inside to try and rescue people?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am » The woman dithers a bit, then keeps bucketing.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am » Same for Mikan.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am » Oddmund is is already going to try and get in.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am » Misa: *will probably follow, once the bucket brigade appears to be handling itself*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » Ok. Mikan and Odd are both declaring that they're heading inside.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » Rain will join the bucket brigade, keeping away from the house as much as she can.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » Between Odd and Misa, it seems like the eight people are getting mobilized. Kate, you can roll a craft (earth) plus intelligence check, yes.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » Misa: *sighs, and keeps directing people to form the chain* Anybody else want to go in the house?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am » Slays:*at the well, wheeling the bucket down into the well and bringing it out, passing it along the line*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 am » As Odd's announced it, people start moving to form a bucket brigade. Misa recieves several nods. "I know the Shunshos have lots of water in their house, for their tonics..." and two of the women break off to try and wake other people up
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 am » Can I roll craft (earth) for trying to figure out what's less likely to be on fire/collapse when people are going in?
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am » Misa: Alright... Someone needs to stay out here and keep the line forming. Anybody got some water?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am » Oddmund is going to take off his coat, and couse it in the bucket that Zixin has, and drape it over himself. "I'm going in, then! Please keep the buckets going"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am » Mikan's going into the house.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am » The folk talk... from various accounts, The group can determine there's at least 3 servants and "Master V'neef" in the house, plus one "weird little servant" creature that Master V'neef employs.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 am » One of the men nods. "Aye, an' that weird little servant of the Master..."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 am » Mikan: In the house still?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 am » "Yes! My friend... I don't think she made it out..."
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am » Zixin: *BUCKET* *out of breath* *looking at the blaze*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am » One of the woman looks at Misa. "O-one of my daughters... working as a maid in there for Master V'neef! And the Master... and Jun's son was a cook... and..."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am » Oddmund: Is ANYONE inside this house?
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am » 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=1
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am » Oddmund: We need a bucket chain, handing buckets hand to hand from the well back here, to put out the fire. And as many people as possible to move quickly. *speaking without hsi accent for clairity* If thsi spreads, it could take out many houses!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am » As Rain approaches and points, one of the men nods to Odd. "Tha's Beria's well, just a block that way. Never ran outta water or nuffin!"
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am » Slays:*nods at rain and goes to get some buckets and water from the well*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am » (brb)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 am » 10,2,5,3,5, 5,10,7,2 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 am » Rain: *Runs up to the others* The well is a little bit that way. *points*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 am » (I'll allow a Presence check. Sorry. Long day and I'm a bit fuzzy headed)
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 am » (Since it's more just Yelling, can we use Presence? Since that's pretty much the definition of Presence?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am » Ok. Oddmund and Misa, both make Performance + Charisma checks.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am » Zixin: *is not a fast runner, but is trying*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am » Slays:*is oddmund's shadow*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am » Misa: OI! WHERE'S THE WELL? ...And the rest of what he said.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 am » Oddmund is going to screech to a halt, using his cane to halt himself. "City WATCH! Is there anyone left inside this building? Someone find some buckets, and we will need the closest source of water or dirt!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 am » Oddmund: *speeeed!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 am » You find yourself standing before an enormous house, two whole stories tall, which is a rarity for people in this area of the city. There's smoke pouring out of several broken windows. one of the two double doors stands open, waving in the wind, as the other looks stuck in place. There's a small crowd of about eight people standing outside, apparently unsure of what exactly to do
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am » Rain: *stopping to talk to...the air?*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:07 am » Zixin: *going to be following, but behind everyone else*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 am » Ok... as people follow the plume of smoke...
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 am » 8,7,5,8 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 am » As for Rain? Make a Perception + Awareness check.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 am » Zixin: *heading to his workshop to get a bucket/buckets, provided that said workshop is close by/on the way/close to the blaze*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 am » Misa: *heads out with the woman*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 am » Yes, there'd be a bucket in Zixin's forge.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 am » Sorry. I had to do something IRL very important.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:01 am » Oddmund: *quickly a ginger blurr, even with his cane*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:01 am » Slays:*following Odd*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 am » Mikan: Right! *runs toward giant smoke plume*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 am » Oddmund is going to grin, nod, look around for the smoke plume, and take off towards it like a shot.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 am » Misa: *smiles* It's okay. We'll help you find some more help. Here, let's get headed out, so we can at least see what we're working with. *shouting again* FOLLOW THE GIANT SMOKE PLUME
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 am » Mikan probably has a helmet. She will put water in the helmet when she finds water.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am » ...there'd be at least one bucket in Zixin's forge/workshop, I'd imagine?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am » Rain: *looks around for any gods or ghosts in the area, they should know about wells and fountains*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am » Zixin: *glad he has his bow*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am » Slays: *thinking on where some buckets and a well would be*
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am » "I'm sorry, I paniced! This is the first place I could think of!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am » Oddmund: *nudges Zixin* So if its a trap or something, we go and fight the trappers! Ahahaa~!
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am » Zixin: *mumble, hoping no one hears him* But we're far from the fire and she ran all the way here...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am » Mikan is looking for water and buckets.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am » Misa: By the way, *shouting* WHOSE GOT THE BUCKETS?
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am » Misa: *rolls eyes* Everybody in town is part of putting out fires. After all, wood houses and all that.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am » Rain: ma'am, does this town have any kind of fire brigade? Or a bell to ring out the alarm?
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am » Zixin: ...are we the people tasked with putting out fires? *wishes he'd been more clear on this part of the job description, so he could've made some buckets*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am » Oddmund: Reaaaaa-dy~
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am » Rain: A fire, apparently. And I can't get *too* close. *grimly* Let's go.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am » Misa: *looks over her shoulder* So you guys ready to help out? *starts out hte door*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am » Oddmund: Oooohhh.... *thinks* ....The Master?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am » "The master's house is burning!"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am » Mikan: Fire!
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am » Slays: *to odd* there's a fire.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am » Oddmund: ... whats going on~? I only heard a noise~
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am » Slays: *slips bell into his muffled pocket and follows. might need to be sneaky*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am » Rain:...great.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am » She follows the advice, and seems to calm down a little. "Thank you, thank you."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am » Misa can see, off about two blocks away, smoke rising from the direction of the pointed finger
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am » Mikan: *has a mace, to beat firestarters with, and follows the group*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am » Misa: Alright, down that way? *looks in the direction of the pointing finger* Take a deep breath, I'll be more help if I can bring the rest of the squad with me
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am » She runs a few steps away from the door and waits, wringing her hands.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:50 am » "Ah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's down that way, I'll show you, you've got to..." She's rambling.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:50 am » Oddmund: *fals down the chimney, getting dressed the rest of the way as he falls, hitting the ground on his feet to dart out*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:50 am » Rain: *up, ready-grabs a pitcher of water and pours it over her head, then resolutly grabs her staff.*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am » Zixin: *heads to door* ?
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am » Misa: *steps back from the pounding* So... Where is it?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 am » Mikan: *up and at em!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 am » Ok... Misa, you reach the door, with the pounding not ceasing. Opening it, he sees a middle aged, slightly heavy-set woman, her face a mask of panic, her brownish-red hair smelling faintly of bread and dust. Her green eyes are watery, as she almost hits Misa in her frantic pounding.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 am » Slays:*makes his way towards the door...habitually along the wall and not out in the open. but remembered his bell this time*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 am » Zixin: *shoes jacket grab bow and quiver*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 am » *cane
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 am » Oddmund: Cmon, Tripitka. *grabs his sword*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am » Misa: *opens door, looks out* Where's the fire?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am » Oddmund: *is up the chimney, strapping his shoes on!*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am » Rain: *hangs back*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am » Zixin: *putting on the bracers he keeps next to his bed*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am » I'd say.... Misa's the closest
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am » Misa: *sits straight up* ...Well that's not what I wanted to hear. *gets out of bed, jogs towards the door*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am » (sorry! I had been up a sec)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am » The beds are all kept in a separate room, away from the Front Door. Basically, everyone's sleeping in a single Guards Barracks. There's eight bunk beds there, so there's more than enough space for all of you.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am » Rain: *eyes widen* f-fire?
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » (whose bed is closest to the door?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » (Incidentally, I have asked Sarah to play the part of this NPC. For flavor)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » "Let me in! Let me in! Fire!"
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » Zixin: *AWAKE* ...?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 am » Misa: *cracks eyes* Hmm?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am » Slays:*is probably napping lightly in a dark corner. awake at the pounding*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am » Each of you are mercenaries under the command of Contessa De'mora. Having been assigned to this squad and patrolling a small region of the city of Storm's Break up by the northern gate, you've had a fairly dull first day on the job. As you're retiring for the evening, you're snapped out of your stupor by someone pounding frantically at the door!
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 am » Life can be funny sometimes. Stories start out of the most mundane things. The first day on a new job, for example. You wear the armor, walk around the beat, mostly to remind people you're there. And nothing much happens. Whatever could go wrong, didn't. Stories can start when you least expect them. When you least want them. This is a story about a bunch of people who found themselves on a very small raft in a very large ocean. Hah! Metaphorically speaking, I mean. Although actually, it starts just after they've stopped. It's a few hours after these mercenary's shift, when they've retired to the local guardhouse to rest and recover, and in the middle of the night there's a loud pounding on the door...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 am » Ok! We're starting now, for however long we keep playing tonight
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 am » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:37 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am » Try again there.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am » *pat pat*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am » ;_;
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am » ...dang it. Let me repost that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 am » [i]Life can be funny sometimes. Stories start out of the most mundane things. The first day on a new job, for example. You wear the armor, walk around the beat, mostly to remind people you're there. And nothing much happens. Whatever could go wrong, didn't. Stories can start when you least expect them. When you least want them. This is a story about a bunch of people who found themselves on a very small raft in a very large ocean. Hah! Metaphorically speaking, I mean. Although actually, it starts just after they've
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 am » Zixin: *is awake and alarmed and he doesn't know why* *TEDDY BEAR HUGS*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 am » Oddmund: *plays a little flute*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 am » Misa: *dances*
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am » .
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:24 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:23 am » Oddmund: *balencing on his Cane*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:23 am » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 am » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:19 am » .
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am » Sol: She lkes a bit of that.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 am » Hehe
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 am » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am » Sol: Mostly because I made it once, and got slapped
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am » Heh... I found it fun
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am » Sorry.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am » Sol: Old joke.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am » It's entirely possible for a card game with Venus to end up with two winners. :D
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am » Sol should play vs. Saturn. Then he'd always win— for now.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 am » Almost done
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am » Sol: *sigh* Somehow, I always seem to lose.
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am » Ellis: *has a huge sword, but also isn't from a jungle*
Kate « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am » Don't be silly, the kittygirls from the jungles would use bows and arrows.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 am » The Blue Maiden: True, but you have to admit I WON that game of Five Card Draw against Sol. I know the results were indeterminate because the cards were scattered across the table, but I don't care what anyone said. I WON
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 am » Oddmund: Ahm tellin ya, its true! Th kittygirls migrate, bringin peepin with them as they go.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 am » Pfff.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am » Also, that there aren't indigenous tribes of teeny catgirls with spears migrating north from the jungles of the eastern pole
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am » XD
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am » If the maidens play 52 card pick up, every sidereal in Creation gets a headache and the Pattern Spiders have to work overtime to make sure that three headed yaks aren't a new species.
Wallycaine « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am » You mean they didn't do that for anybody else?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am » Probably.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am » Hee.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am » .
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm » So, if the Maidens decide to play 52 card pick up with us, we should worry?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm » Oh, okay. ^^;
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm » It's true. I'm sort of varying things a bit. Card-tapping is supposed to be implied. Sorry
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 pm » Yeah, they haven't tapped Rain with the crads, either, so we're okay!
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm » He says he just omitts the tapping for brevity sometimes.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm » We're almost done, btw
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm » Zixin: *having difficulty with questions*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 pm » Huh...
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 pm » oh, that's actually pretty interesting
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm » Well, she gave a two word answer, and the Red Maiden just turned around and walked off instead of tapping her with the card.
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm » Aww, I'm sure it'll be fin
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm » Its okay, Oddmund had a good flail.
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm » I think Mikan just flunked a question.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm » Oddmund: *strapping his stilty shoes on*
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm » Rain: *idly reading a scroll, and munching a plum*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm » Hee.
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm » Mikan: *putting on eyeshadow, using her shield as a mirror*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 pm » .
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 pm » .
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 pm » Misa: No problem. *smiles*
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm » Slays: *checking his daiklaives for nicks*
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm » .
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm » Oddmund: Thank ya dumplin.
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 pm » Misa: Oh, alright... *settles down calmly, and goes back to cleaning nails with knife*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 pm » SargeOOC: Bwi. *Trying to Scale Odd's tail*
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 pm » Slays:*quirks eyebrow at Misa. judging maturity*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm » Oddmund: Misa, dont you be a gingerin.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm » Rain: *grins*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm » Misa: *immune to judging* *sticks tongue out*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm » JUDGE
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm » *snrk*
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm » you can hear him silently judging you though
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 pm » Slays is just quietly dissaproving of certain things
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 pm » heh, makes sense to me.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:25 pm » ...I figure hes cheerfully strict
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm » .
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm » .
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:22 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm » Oddmund: *has Rules*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:19 pm » (I'd say she probably looks younger, and plays off people's expectations of that, too)
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 pm » Slays: *wasn't going to stab her. That'd be attempted murder and the dragons dissaprove of that. They have little to say on the matter of bappings though*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm » Oddmund: *sing song*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm » (Former street urchin, but probably still youngish? Like, 17-18
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm » Hee.
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » Oddmund has the best rules.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » Mikan: Not yet!
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » Pffffffffffffff.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » Oddmund: *rubs his eyes* Weeeeyul stabbing means sitting in the coooornerrrrr.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » (Is Misa a kid? Or, just a former street urchin?)
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 pm » .
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 pm » Misa: *singsong* Nooot yet
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 pm » Oddmund: *wakes up and sits up* ... Noones stabbin anyone, righ?
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 pm » Heee.
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm » *snrk*
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm » Slays:*was thinking about bapping Misa with it*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm » Misa: *was amused too*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm » ...I like how Slays had to think about it before sheathing the daiklaive.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm » Oddmund: *snzooooz*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm » Misa: Slays. *spins knife between fingers, makes it dissappear*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm » .
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm » Slays:*daiklaive half drawn before he realizes it's Misa...thinks.... sheathes the daiklaive* Misa.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 pm » Rain: *amused*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 pm » Misa: *gets tired of this, walks out from behind Slays*
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm » Slays:*watching Odd, wincing a bit any time he looks like he's about to fall*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm » Oddmund: *hanging from his feet*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm » Misa: *doesn't plan on being noticed*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm » Pffffff.
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm » Slays:*does not tend to react well to being snuck up on... years of hunting dangerous stuff that can be sneaky has certain... reflexes. involving daiklaives and vital organs*
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm » (he needs one of those belly dance bracelets, with all the little bells^^)
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 pm » Slays:*it's also a present from Odd, so it's important.*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 pm » .
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 pm » Misa: *sneaks up behind slays*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 pm » Heehee.
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm » Slays:*is an accidental sneaker. the bell helps*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm » (He wears one, cause he tends to accidentally hide on people)
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm » (Does he wear a bell, or ring one, or what?)
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm » Zixin: *curled up in his bedroll, hugging his teddy bear while he naps*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm » (to keep from freaking people out with his silence)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm » Tangerine: Ask Slays, he'd know better than me.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 pm » (Why does Slays have a bell?)
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 pm » Misa: ...Does he always sound like that?
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 pm » Oddmund: SsssNnnnRRRRKkkkkzzz.....
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm » Tangerine/Mikan/Satsuma: *puts a table under the clothesline, just in case*
Kate « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm » .
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm » Oddmund: *rolls over onto his face, somehow*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm » Tangerine: *fist bump!*
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm » (bell?)
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm » Slays:*being quiet in a corner... except the bell*
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm » Oddmund: *napping on a clothes line*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 pm » Misa: 'Ey Tang.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 pm » Hehe.
Sarah McLaren « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 pm » :D
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm » Cute!
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm » Rain: *friendly fist bumps Tangerine*
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm » I like it
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm » Fun!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm » I was actually just working that out. Probably given name Mikan, family name Satsuma. May be the other way around. Both words mean Tangerine if you want to just call her that.
Sarah McLaren « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm » Hi Geneve!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 pm » Hey Kem, I don't have a name for your character written down. Did you name him/her yet?
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 pm » Hiya!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 pm » Hey Kem!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 pm » Allo allo!
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 pm » Slays answers are all good for me. if anything I feel they may have been a bit more open and wordy than he'd usually be? but it works
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 pm » Alright. I'm going to be reaching out to each person in IM then. I WILL admit I may copy and paste some of the description. Wally and Demo, you guys can take a break for a few moments.
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 pm » I think all my answers were okay... feel free to ask me for elaboration, though, since Misa left large points out.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 pm » *Phew!* Thanks.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 pm » Also @Chic: Rain is perfect.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 pm » Aye aye
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 pm » I'll also allow Wally and Demo to adjust their answers if they feel they want to
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 pm » Sounds good to me
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 pm » Anyone else have any strong feelings for or against?
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 pm » *uses the Hiho from Kermit the frog~*
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 pm » Sure.
Demothesis « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm » Does that work for people?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm » Before we do: To save on time and give people more chances to elaborate on their answers, I wanted to propose that I handle all the further Maiden Interviews via IM, and then post all the results in the chat logs where everyone can read them. I can do it faster that way while prepping for the introduction anyway.
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm » Hiho, hiho, it's off to game we go
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 pm » Hiho.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 pm » Ok. I'm here. Just catching up with a few things and we'll begin
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 pm » She's a thief street urchin type :D
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 pm » I finished my character sheet around 9:30 ish. ^^
Sarah McLaren « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 pm » .
Wallycaine « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 pm » Oh, sorry, missed your question. I'm playing Misa.
Jane Narbon « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 pm » I'm doing well.
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 pm » all right.
Jane Narbon « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 pm » How are you?
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 pm » Hi.
Jane Narbon « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 pm » Hello?
chicgeek « Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 pm » *crosses fingers*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards Session 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » Night, Snail.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » Ellis: *is the Exalted teeny catgirl! hisses at Chromia*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » Night Geneve!
Jane Narbon « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » Night, Geneve.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » ChromiaOOC: *Got a shiny thing from the weird essence place!*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am » Goodnight, Geneve.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am » Rain: Maybe I'll take the time for a swim and explore a bit. Interesting things in old wrecks...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am » Goodnight all.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am » Seems like this session went well.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am » Oddmund: Okay, how someone throw me some plates!
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 am » Rain: *applauds*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 am » Oddmund: Think anyoned pay a ruby for this? *balences on his cane with his nose*
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am » Zixin: *wondering if there's anything he can make that's worth a ruby*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 am » (Hee)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 am » Oddmund: Nuh nuh, I babsysat up in the palace. I'll explain later, when its plot-relevant. I mean. Important.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 am » Rain: You used to babysit the leader of the city?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am » Rain: Maybe Contessa would give me an advance on my pay.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am » Oddmund: Well, we could pay him back. I used tuh babysit fer him.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am » Zixin: *still needs to make Misa more knives... but could stay up late to make extra stuff...*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am » Rain:..You guys are the best.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » Oddmund: ...or I could do mah old balengingin acts.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » Rain: Lending won't help, Oddmund. I need to give it to the earth elemental. But thanks.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » Zixin: ...I could make things and sell them until we had a ruby...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » Oddmund: I kin help, rain! I betcha the Mister Leader of the City will lend us one!
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » Amusing, yes. Common sense-intensive, no.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am » And really, you made sure Zixin didn't die. I let the dice fall where they would.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 am » Come now, Kate. I think Zixin's little adventure was pretty amusing, myself
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 am » Rain: Great. Contessa left me in charge *and* I have to save up for a ruby.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 am » Oddmund: I alsp promise not to *stab* anyone. Even though I could! But I won't. I mean, I wouldnt! *beams~!*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 am » I did have fun!
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 am » I appreciate you not killing Zixin off right at the begining, even if his player is lacking all common sense. :P
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am » yep ^.^
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am » Yes!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am » I thought a burning building might be a good way to start off the game
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am » Did people have fun?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am » Does anyone have the log or should I get it?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am » Ok then. I'm calling it here. 2 sleepy players and a sleepy DM is 3 people too many.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am » Im awake, but on the west coast. :d
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am » (sleepy here too.)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am » I would be willing to stop it here if everyone else was tired. I just felt having all the interviews done would be a good stopping point.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am » How is everyone else?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am » No worries. I'm sleepy too.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am » Sorry!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am » Oddmund: *hop hop hop backflip!*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am » Geneve? You still up? If you're tired, we can do this later and I can post it up somewhere.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 am » Ok... Mikan and the young serving girl?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 am » They nod and go back to their homes.
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am » Rain: Thank you for your assistance. We may call upon you later with more questions.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am » "Creepy, but at least he's on our side" is a good way of summing it up.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am » He kept to himself, but had an odd fascination with people he deemed "exotic". Dancers, martial artists, gymnists... he'd try to hire them to perform privately for him. Frequently such people would come and go from the house at different times. He also often tried to hire people of less... human.. species. Beastmen from halta, people wiht the blood of elementals or gods... and so forth
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am » The general concensus from all three is the same. He was a healer, or "doctor" who studied a bit in Great Forks, which is renown for their great healers and medics. He would offer to treat the sick and the hurt and lame as long as he could study what was wrong with them, and at times try new things to see if they improved things. Most of his neighbors found him creepy, but pretty much all of them would give Rain an anecdote about how he did SOMETHING when they were sick or hurt that benefitted them
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am » Oddmund: *also hopping on one stilt/sandal*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am » Oddmund: *thinking to himself...*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am » (Yay woman. )
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am » Rain: How well did you know Rokun V'neef? (asks all of them)'
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am » (Go woman!)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am » The Gruff Man: .... Rokun V'neef was a strange neighbor. They didn't call him "The Corpsetaker" for nothing. He'd offer to buy the bodies of the dead. He hired acrobats and performers to watch them dance and move. One of them said he took NOTES."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 am » The woman baps the lanky man. "Don't speak so badly! Issun's just a poor orphan whose' fallen on hard times."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 am » The Lanky Man spits. "'s a homeless kid! Muddy hair, always weari'n' that oversized patchy cloak, barefeet... 'es some kid who used to live 'round here. Dunno more, 'cept his family died. 'es a creepy kid. Always with the staring."
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am » Rain: *to gruff man* His odd tastes? Can you elaborate, sir?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am » Rain: *to lanky man* Why do you call the homeless kid creepy? What does he look like? Do you know his name?" (will want to try and find him, he may be a witness)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am » The Gruff Man thinks. "'bout a ways after sundown. Moon was rising. Bit a'ways from the time the fire started.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 am » Rain: About what time was this?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 am » Gruff Man: He looked like a player, and V'neef's had entertainers over before, I thought it was just his... odd tastes.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am » Gruff Man: A man wearing an oni's mask. With with blue painted details... he went into the house by the kitchen's entrance. I live just behind the V'neef home, and servants came in and out through the kitchen with the key."
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am » Rain: Yes?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am » Gruff Man: ...There was one thing I saw."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am » The lady: "I didn't notice anything unusual... no one came in or out of the front of the house this evening when I was doing the laundry..."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am » The lanky man scowls. "I was asleep, but I saw one person... that creepy homeless kid! When everyone woke me up for the fire, I saw him sitting there on a roof... just... STARING at it... he probably started the fire!"
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am » How well they know the house's inhabitants, anything they can tell me about them.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 am » That's a reasonable assumption. Ok... there's a few neighbors around. A lanky looking blue-haired man wiht a scowl rubbbing his eyes, a rather chubby middle aged lady, and a gruff old man wiht a striking mustache
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 am » If they saw anyone entering or leaving the house that night, for one.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am » Rain, what questions do you want to ask?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am » And Rain will want to talk to whoever lives nearby. They were probably out with the bucket brigade to make sure the flames didn;t spread to their houses.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am » Ok... Bystanders first.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 am » Sounds good. Mikan will talk to the girl from the stairwell.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am » I figured I'd wrap up the interviews and we'd call it a evening
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am » It's ok... we're almost done for the night, Geneve. I'm tired too
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am » Sorry, nodded off. Yes, she'll help.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am » Will Mikan help, too? Or is she doing something else?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am » Yep, she is.
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am » Heheheee.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am » Zixin: *but now SLAYS IS SCARED OF SOMETHING aaaaaaa*
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am » Zixin: *just glad he's not the one talking to Auntie*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am » Ok... so Rain's approaching the Bystanders?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am » Poor Zix.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am » Oddmund grins, and salutes. "M'ayum, as a memvber of the Sacred Lotus Preformin' House, ah promise tuh be sure justice ayund tannin be done."
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am » Zixin: *why is he surrounded by scary people*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am » She suddenly snarls. "SO I CAN TAN THEIR HIDE!"
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am » Auntie nods. "Oh of course dearie. Even in death, a servant of House V'neef won't violate her master's privacy! Please find whoever did this..."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 am » Oddmund: Ayund a mop, I reckin. I'll be sure to tell them tayut. But could you do me a biiig favor, ayund leave the basement alone? We will need to investigate more. If you could keep folks out, ayud be real greatful."
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 am » RainOOC: Yep.Not telling Auntie about the earth spirits.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 am » She waves. "You take care, young man! And tell some of your nice soliders to find me a broom! That house needs a sweeping like you wouldn't believe."
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am » Zixin: *... *meep*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am » Oddmund bows. "I may have more questions for ya at another time! Thank you verreh much. "
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am » This is fairly common knowledge but the players might not know it: The name "V'neef" is the name of one of the Dragon Blooded houses of the BLessed Isle.'
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am » Slays:*current expression is the closest Zixin has seen him to "eep" *
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am » She nods. "Anytime, dearie!"
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am » Slays? he can hear her talk, yes.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am » Oddmund taps hsi nose. "As course as it is, protectin th peace means collectin th' gossips. Ayud be glad to know anyone who would know any gossip!" he notes 'Bundok'. "Thank you miz."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am » ((...))
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am » is Slays able to hear her talk?
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am » She thinks. "I do know... there was this one monk he got into a lot of arguments with. Something... bundok?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am » She sighs. "Enemies? Not that I can think of... I don't really gossip, dearie. Try to stay out of other people's affairs, that's my motto! The master wanted his privacy and I just kept the place in spit-shape!"
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am » Crocodile LunarOOC: I wondered why that guy randomly headbutted me once....
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am » "He never came back. That man would have run off to fight a crocodile if he thought it was anathema in disguise..."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am » She thinks. "The war? That was a bit ago... The Imperial Legion's battle against the Golden Bull nine years ago. That's when Master V'neef ran off and left his son here to run the home."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am » Oddmund nods a little. "Did he hayuve any... enemies?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 am » Auntie: Always was a bit reserved. He liked watching people and seeing how they moved. Good lad. Helped people, you know. Tried to make sure no one died. Around here most of the healers think you can cure a headache by drilling a hole in your head.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 am » Oddmunds ears droop down visibly. "Ahmn sorry for your loss... kin you tell me what war that was? I understand if it is not done tuh ask such questions so soon, but ah have mah duity.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 am » (Let me know if I'm too bossy! Rain's just trying to think of what to do, she wasn't expecting that command from the Contessa and doesn't want to disappoint Da Boss)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am » Auntie: *Sips her tea and looks very sad* Oh... oh my. That's very disheartening. I watched over him since he was a young boy, you know. He lived out here with his dear old papa until he left to fight in the war.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 am » Oddmund removes his helmet, and put it over hsi heart. "Ahm sorry to tell you, your Master wus found desceased in the basement. Ah was hopin ah could ask you xsome about him, so we can better bring justice to this affair."
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 am » (Rain would also ask Mikan to help talk to people, unless she has something else she thinks of to do instead)
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 am » Zixin: *wants to know the imp's summoning conditions*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am » (Rain figures Zixin needs to rest, and Slays can keep the imp from fleeing)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am » (Suggested Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEo8cW_d18)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am » Ok. We'll do Auntie first, then the Bystnaders, and then the Imp
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am » Rain: *will go talk to bystanders*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am » Auntie is currently sitting under a canvas out of the rain, where she's somehow harangued another member of your mercenary company to make her tea. She's sipping it as she looks at Odd. "Ah! The nice young man from inside. Thank you, dearie."
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am » Zixin: *will stay with Slays. Rain is in charge*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 am » Oddmund goes to check on Auntie. "How are you, Auntie? ah apologize for the time spent with our work! We coulda been faster."
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 am » Slays: Right.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 am » The kid from the kitchen is breathing now, Mikan, and seems to be recovering. He's not conscious though.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am » Rain: Interviews now, then go over the notes and the tome back at the barracks.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am » Oddmund: Yessim! ...yesser. ...yess miz? Yez, Rain!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am » Mikan checks quickly to see if the kid from the kitchen is okay.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am » Rain: ...if that's okay?
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 am » Zixin: *no notes for the imp*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 am » Rain: Oddmund, Auntie seems to like you. Why don't you talk to her? And if she's willing to tgalk, I have a feeling the other servants will, too. Zixin, you do need to rest. Why don't you sit here with the imp, and perhaps you and Slays can get some information from it?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 am » Ok. So the general concensus is to interview people?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 am » Oddmund takes off his coat, sodden, ashy, and muddy "...so... cin we interview folks, and then go back t be? I sure could use some nerve soothin tea and a nap."
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am » Slays: *nods* Very well.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am » The Imp: *NOTES!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am » Mikan: *pats Odd*
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am » Zixin: *goes back to watching the imp*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 am » Oddmund: Duly noted!
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 am » Zixin: *curious about how one would unwind creation starting with a demanse now, but Odd said he didn't know how to*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 am » Mikan: Not really, Odd.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am » Rain: Slays, I am temporarily in charge. *sighes* I say we don't banish the imp, as long as it's being helpful. Anyway! First things first, w eneed to interview people before theyall take off.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am » Oddmund: ... well, you *could*. Not you. I could! Cept I dunno how. Also I wouldnt. Its comforting to know someone wouldnt, right?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am » Mikan: ...I didn't need to know that.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am » Also, back
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 am » Oddmind: Daddy alwys said you could unwind ceation within onna those. Not that hed wanna. Usualy.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 am » Rain: *shakes head* It keeps getting more complicated. We need to examine this place thoroughly, but in the daylight.
Kate « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 am » Zixin: ...a demanse? *thoughtful*
Demothesis « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am » Slays: oh? *looks down at the demon* if it refuses to be helpful then there is definitely no reason not to have it banished. I am not in charge though. If the contessa was convinced it was worthwhile to remain unbanished then I cannot reject that cmmand.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am » Mikan: It looked pretty much untouched, and the entrance was locked tight.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am » Oddmund: I dunno what the real difference is, sides that.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am » Oddmund: Manses is wha is a real specific contraption t take advanatages of the essence. This is more hat like an untapped spring, as compared to a Manse bein a well!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am » Oddmund: Aw, naw.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 pm » Rain: ...So, was this house a...manse?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 pm » Oddmund: Yanno, what Manses is built on, and what Cysts is made from.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 pm » Oddmund: Issa place what where there was a confluence of ley-lines, channelin the energies uf creation.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 pm » Oddmund: A De-manse!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm » Mikan: Somebody was murdered. SOME kind of evil happened, demons or not.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm » Rain: Slays, I think that imp could have useful information, but he won't talk since you said you were having him banished. *blinks at Oddmund* You found a what?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm » Oddmund waves rain down. "Rain! Raaaaaain! We found a thin- a thingum- a Demanse!"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm » Rain: *after stationing some of their fellow guards front and back of the building, in pairs, goes back to the others*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm » Zixin: ...I don't know if evil was happening or not! ...I think I need a library. *worried he's going to get in trouble*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm » Oddmund taps one foot- which means outright bringing his foot up and down. "...I figger th' Auntie might know whats what... just cause of a demon dun mean evil wus happenin. Ness'sarily.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm » ok NOW brb. Bio
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm » Armor which, by the way, has the insignia of a blazing red dragon against a black backdrop over it on a tabard, the sign of Duke Mishu
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm » Zixin: ...his summoning conditions did not include a clause to de-summon him upon the death of his master?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm » Contessa is not there, Luc, but she's left Rain in charge. Contessa has left to deal with the ACTUAL City Guard, but you can see her a few blocks away talking to them in their gilded armor
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm » Okay, since Contessa left Rain in charge, she goes up to whoever seems most in charge of the guards. "Allright, I want some of you stationed around this building to keep people out. It's a crime scene, and we don't ned anyone going in and mucking with the evidence."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm » Is Contessa still out there?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm » Slays: anything of use from the demon?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm » brb, talk amongst yourselves and decide what you want to do
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 pm » Zixin: *nooooot letting the imp have the notes*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 pm » There's also a few bystanders from nearby houses watching, who may also know stuff, but are being shooed away by guards
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm » You are all now outside, with fellow guards escorting people outside. It's raining which is dealing with any remaining fire. Zixin is under a canvas where the fire won't ruin anything he found. There's currently the Serving Girl, the unconscious young cook whom the Medic just got done doing a basic sort of CPR on, the Book the serving girl gave you, and Aunty, all of whom the other guards are looking after and temporarily detaining. There's also the Scroll Imp, who is trying to get at Zixin's notes despite being restrained with a determination that can only be described as single-minded.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm » Slays:*follows out, checks to make sure the demon hasn't run off*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm » He trots out.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm » Did Contessa leave Earth Company here? About how many people is that?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm » Oddmund is still coughing from time to time, but he trots out, after tying the door downstairs closed with a leather tie from his pocket, that ue usualy uses as a replacement part for his shoes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm » Yep.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm » Alright, let's head outside then?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 pm » Ok. A cursory look over the rest of the house reveals that most of the upper level is unburnt, but now muddy and the fire did some damage to the foundation, so some parts of it are collapsing. There's no one upstairs. The first floor is badly damaged, especailly from all the fire but also slightly from the mud, and is also empty of people now. The basement? Well...you guys already explored it
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 pm » (heh, no, she won't0
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm » Zixin: *wants Slays to come back- worried Rain is going to order him to show the demon the notes*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm » sounds good to me
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm » Right.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » We'll do a quick sweep, and then rejoin the group.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » *whole
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » yeah
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » *checked
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » Unless someone else wants to do stuff?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » She rolls it over in her hand for a moment, then pockets it and nods. "We still haven't cheked the whol house either. Fire's out, but there might be someone else who needs help.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm » Ok. I take it you guys are rejoining your companions outside?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm » Oddmund raises a single ear towards her, and then uncurls to stand. "C'mon, lets skitter. This place is pow'rful juju."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm » A leaf-shaped one is perfect.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm » Ok... you manage to break it off by finding a point where it's more brittle. The purple crystal seems to pulse faintly in her hand.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm » Preferably a leaf shaped one, so it's narrower at the base.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 pm » A piece that fits well in the palm of her hand. Smallish, but not so tiny you could comfortably set it in a ring or something.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 pm » It's a reasonable precuation, although I should point out it brings him closer to bare soil
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:41 pm » Oddmund looks nervous, and duks into a crouch, flinching as if she was disarming a bmb. This isnt based on any real info he has, hes just edgy.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm » The smallest are about the size of a human finger. They tend to be elongated, like leaves or rods or such
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm » Ok. How big a piece do you want to break off? The largest crystals are about as large as sword blades.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 pm » 8,2,5,3,5, 3,10 (3 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm » A fumble DOES mean she'll cut herself. Otherwise she won't get hurt
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm » Craft (Earth) would work as well
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm » Larceny to find a point where it can be broken off easily
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm » Ok... Mikan? Make a Strength + Athletics or... let's say a Larceny check to break off a crystal.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm » Zixin: Oh. *watching the little demon*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm » oh! Gah, missed that.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm » She tried to lift a crystal, we're waiting on you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm » are you guys searching more or rejoining your comrades?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm » Ok... are Oddmund, Slays, and Mikan staying downstairs?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm » The woman describes the man Zixin saw downstairs, minus the blood and the sliced up body. "He was a shorter man, with black hair... spoke with an accent o'the blessed isle, with blue eyes and a tendency to limp."
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm » Zixin: ...what did he look like?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm » One of the townsfolk, nearby, listening to the demon in a sort of frightened awe, steps forward. "Um... I don't know if this is important, but... Master V'neef Rokun was the best healer in town. He helped the sick and wounded for free, as long as he got to study what was wrong with them."
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm » Zixin: ...so you are supposed to help your master learn how bodies work?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm » [skeptic face]
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm » The demon holds its arms up in the air, frantic. "Mastersummonedmetoadviseonhowmortalbodiesworked! Differencesbetweenmortalsandgodsandbeastsanddemons! Masterlikestudyingbodies! Masterstudiedbodiestomakebodiesbetter!"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm » Oddmund steps back as se does so. "Cayruful."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm » *pick
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm » Mikan's going to see if she can pik one of the crystals up without hurting herself.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm » Mikan: Agreed.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 pm » Zixin: *holds the notes tight* We don't even know why you were summoned yet.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 pm » The demon makes a whining noise, like a puppy begging for table scraps
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm » (pffthee)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm » Zixin: ... *and turns them away so the demon can't read them from a distance*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm » Zixin: But I don't know why they're important yet! *holds them out of the demon's reach*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm » The demon doesn't respond to Rain, it's just following the notes Zixin's holding with it's eyes, hungrily.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm » Oddmund whistles, lookign around the room. His ears lift up into the eir a littlw, tail whistink back and forth in the air. hes stillc oughing a little from the smoke, earlier. "...Ah think we miyut wanna tell th' contessa bout this."
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm » Rain: Maaaybe he'd let you read them if you told us what happened tonight. Maybe. *looks at Zixin*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 pm » The demon just sulks, then sees Zixin's notes. "Ah!Letmereadplease!" It reaches for them with it's teeny arms
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 pm » Zixin: You're. Um. Adversarial.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 pm » Zixin: ...sorry.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm » Rain: *raises an eyebrow*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm » 10,4,8 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 pm » Then the teeny demon folds its arms and sulks
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 pm » It's an Int + Lore check, Geneve
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 pm » Meanwhile, the demon fumes at Zixin's comment. "I'mveryuseful!" It scowls and begins droning, in a surprisingly pleasing tone, the most accurate description of how to assemble a magitech-powered engine that Zixin's ever heard. To everyone else, it sounds like a bunch of weird sounding jargon. "See?!?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 pm » That's int + lore, right? Or is it lore by itself?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 pm » Slays: ... *stoops and picks something up* hmm. *examines and places in his pocket before following the sounds of Odd and Mikan*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 pm » 7,9,5 (2 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm » Oddmund blinks, and dpeers back after the teeny catgirl, before going back to the matter at hand.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm » Make Lore or a harder Occult + Intelligence check, Mikan and Oddmund!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm » Mikan smiles back. "Don't apologize for having style, Odd."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm » Ok. The door opens, as a teeny catgirl of no canonical relevance scurries out holding a shiny she pilfered from the room... inside is what appears to be a large unhewn chamber of stone, wiht soil flooring instead of the tile that you've been walking on. There apprear to be multi-colored crystals grwing out of the ground, shimmering shades of blue and green and purple, growing in a manner similar to that of a plant. They look rigid and sharp, but very pretty. The whole room feels... good. Comfortable. It looks like there's a spot where someone had set a pillow down, in a place surrounded by a ring of the growing colored crystals.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm » ....Oddmund is going to suddenly turn red, and grin at Mikan. "...I gues ah coulda done that simpler, huh? Haha! Sorry fer th' nonense."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 pm » Mikan follows.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm » ...and that sudden dramatic done, heads in!
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm » Zixin: ...I don't know why anyone thinks they're useful to have around.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm » Oddmund bows his head, and neatly sheaths his sword back into the cane, twisting it back into place.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm » Rain: Zixin, do you think he'd be useful for you to have around? If so, maybe we could talk Slays out of banishing him.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm » Ok... the lock, severed neatly in two places by the masterful cut, falls to the ground in front of the door.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm » @Rain: The demon looks at her again, scowling. "Yousendingmeback!Notell!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm » 8,5,6,2,5, 9,8,6,10 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm » Oddmund draws hsi sword in a neat sudden unsheting, twisting motion of his cane. The sword glitters and shines, long and thin as he brings it down on the lock.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 pm » Ok. So 9 damage dice. Roll 'em, Luc!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 pm » Rain: Well, if you get to feeling worse, let me know. *looks at scroll demon*Demon, tell me what happened tonight.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 pm » 5L+3+1...
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 pm » Zixin: I'm ok. I can stay here. *still coughing, but less now*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 pm » Ok... the lock effectively has 0 dodge or parry, so you hit it. It's got a lethal soak of 8, so Odd's damage is soaked down to 1 + his strength + any weapon damage bonuses
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm » Rain: Zixin, are you holding up okay? Do you need to go back to the barracks and rest right now?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm » @Rain: The demon looks at you. "MasterRokun! Isummonedtorepeatstuffandreadthebooksandtellhimthingsheneedstoknow!"
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm » 5 successes
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm » 5,4,6,6,7, 9,4,7,8,7, 6,7,10 (8 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm » Slays, also make a Perceptoin + Awareness check
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm » Rain: (wondering if she can make a requsition request for a shiny ruby and slip it in to the report she'll have to write.)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 pm » Slays:*notes lots of mud downstairs, follows noise to Odd and Mikan* ...*examines room of dead body* Odd. *greeting*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 pm » I'm liking Contessa's attitude so far. I've been waiting to write for her
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm » Zixin: *meep* Sorry again, sir.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm » Ooo... ambitious. Yes, I did say padlock. Ok. Make an attack against it, like you would a foe
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm » Rain: Yes, Ma'am. (thinking. 'oh, crap.')
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm » You said a padlock, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm » Oddmund is going to draw his swird, and try to cut the lock off.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm » Back!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm » Contessa frowns and closes her eyes. "Ok... so someone was murdered. And any moment the Duke's men will be here, asking questions. Rain! I'm leaving you in charge here. Find out what was going on and why a man is dead and who he was. I'll want a full report later. I'm going to go deal with the actual city guards, probably by repeating phrases such as "investigations are ongoing" and "it's our jurisdiction" over and over again until I want to scream. Unless you feel he can be helpful right now, Quartermaster Zixin is also ordered to get some dang rest and possibly some shade and sweet water."
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 pm » Rain: *curious* So, you like to read? Was the owner of the house the one that summoned you? What tasks did you perform?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 pm » ((*concerned about never having anyone go through the east door*))
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 pm » Zixin: ...ok. *watches the scroll demon*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 pm » Slays: *silently ties a rope to it's arm and something solid nearby* Watch it. it's not dangerous but may try to run. I'mm checking on Odd. *heads into the house*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm » Mikan's behind to catch him if he does fall.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm » The Scroll Demon shuts it's maw and folds it's teeny, spindily arms, silently fuming
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm » Slays: Scroll Demon. It likes reading and books. It will be banished later. Until then. It may have information. *looks down at it* and will behave. Or I will take it to the shrine now.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm » Oddmund has to catch himself to avoid hitting the ground from the force -
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm » @Oddmund: Surprsingly enough, the door holds. It shrugs and there's an unholy creaking and snapping noise, but it stays in place.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » ((bb, real quick.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » Ok. Strenght + Athletics check plus any relevant bonuses... ok. You already did.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » 4,1,7,9,7, 4,4,10 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » Rain: ...So, what are you going to do with it? *gestures towards the demon*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » "Woman outside said the master of the house was a doctor," Mikan replies, following. "But that looks awfully suspicious."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » @Slays: Your immaculate training suggests a logical way of dealing with the demon. Take it to a immaculate shrine in the city and monks will happily banish it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » Oddmund: Alley-oop, heave- ho! *door breaking!*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm » Zixin: ...sorry. It didn't want to leave the library, but the library was on fire...
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » (Break the door doooooown~)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » Oddmund, it's locked with a padlock on it. You'll have to either force the lock or somehow break the door down or pick the lock or something
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » Slays: ...was behaving.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » It's teeny little arms are folded in a sign fo protest.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » He makes a cringy face, and goes to open the door he can feel essence coming from.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm » With a voice that sounds a bit like a cat trying to avoid being shoved into a tub of water
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Out loud.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » The little demon is grousing and trying to entertain itself by reading the signs of nearby houses.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Oddmund: ... maybe he was... a... docter. Savin folks.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Slays: you're injured. It's behaving currently.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » There's also a few organic-looking parts in jars. Floating in a weird green liquid.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Oddmund: ... ooooh....... this... is... a thang.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm » Inside that room... there's a strong, pungent smell that is strong enough that Oddmund can even smell it over the smoke... there's what looks to be a body on a long table, with the torso cut open very delicately. Several... parts... for lack of a better term that Oddmund may or may not know, have been removed and are in jars. This looks to actually be of a beastman, as Oddmund can tell by gills and scales covering his body. He can also make out some signs of age on the body as well. More interestingly, Oddmund can feel the natural flow of Essence nearby as well. There's another door here on a nearby wall here, a smaller one, to the east, which looks to have a large padlock on it. This is where the feeling of Essence is coming form, as if there's something behind that door that's very... spiritually interesting. There are also a few papers scattered on a workspace nearby, and a few on the ground near it, but it looks like someone was going through this room hastily and left some on the floor.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm » Zixin: ...Slays, do you want me to hold that?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 pm » Slays:*babysits the demon. with lots of so-help-me-if-you-try-anything-I'll-stab-you side-eye*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Oddmund Leaps out into the new revealed space!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm » (Hee, your characters and doorknobs.^^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Mikan is giving him an odd look.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Oddmund: ... *checks the handle* ... thayut was *not* locked. Oh well.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Ok, Oddmund bashes the door off it's hinges. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Oddmund is an Oddmund.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Odd has no time for silly doorknobs.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Ok, sure.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » or want to
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » ...Can I blow it open anyhow? I got a 5.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » You can take back the check if you need to.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Aw.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm » It's not locked. My apologies. I made a mistake
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Oddmund: One, two, Alley-oop!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Er, nevermind. My bad.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm » 9,3,10,7,1, 7,1,3 (5 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Woo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm » The closed room? Ok, Odd can try that. The door's locked, though. He can make a Strength + Athletics check to force or break it open, however.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm » The open door leads into a small nook that's filled with junk scattered across the floors, including a desk that's been oeverturned and the drawers pulled out. There's bare shelving and junk on the ground, and a wooden chair and desk in the open room
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm » Oddmund is going to trry and shoulder open the closed door.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm » He might have passed out though. *wishes Mikan was there when Zixin said everyone was dead* But if you say he looks dead.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm » Zixin: ...sorry, sir.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm » Odd? There's two doors, one to the room behind the corpse, wihch is open and looks to be clear of any fire, and then there's another door, made of firm oak wood, that's shut tight.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm » Normally when people are on fire, they generally try to move or roll or get out of fire
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm » @Mikan: Well...it's on fire and covered in mud. And doesn't seem to be moving. Mikan's not fully sure, but she's pretty sure
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm » Contessa's eyes widen. "Murder? Gods...this is going to get... political. I just know it."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm » So, can I definitely tell it's a dead body?
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm » Zixin: They looked important, but I don't know why. *is confused by a lot of things*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm » Mikan: Looks like.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm » Rain: Zixin, why are you carrying papers? *curiously*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm » "Thank yah. It looks like th firr mighta been set here...?" oddmund is going to check the edges of the room to see if thers any exits, and try to keep to the shallow mud.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm » Slays: *holding the demon. looks to Contessa* This demon was summoned by a man named Rokun. *just the facts*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 pm » Mikan's going to go look at the body, just to be sure.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm » Mikan: I can do that.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm » Zixin: I... didn't do a very good job avoiding the fire. Or the smoke. *shallow breaths to try to limit coughing* And, um... I think the fire was set to cover up a murder? But I'm not sure why the murder happened in the first place. *being quiet with this information*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm » Contessa: *Standing nearby, issuing orders to her men while trying to pretend she's not interested in what Zixin hsa to say*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm » Rain: *goes to Zixin* So, what happened down there? *pulls out a flask and offers him a snort*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm » Ok... Zixin... you can treat your smoke inhilation pretty well. Instead of recovering 1 bashing health level per 12 hours, you will recover them in half that time. SO one level per 6 hours.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm » Oddmind:Ah need you to check to see if the' person over there is alive for me, ah cant touch the mud."
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm » Zixin: *still holding all the papers he was carrying*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm » Zixin: *one success* *the doctor is busy with everyone else who's more injured right now anyway*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 pm » (Well that was poorly written. Oh well.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm » Mikan: I don't think anybody's checked the east door. You wanna head back up there?
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm » (Zixin has <6 dice right now, but he still thought he'd offer)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm » Zixin can make his own medicine check if you want.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm » Zixin: *still having trouble breathing* ...you just seem busy and I thought maybe because I know a little medicine...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm » Hey, he's got 6 dice! He's pretty talented for a mortal!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 pm » Zixin: ...would you like some help? *coughing*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:40 pm » Fortunately, most of it was bashing, so Zixin will mostly recover pretty quickly
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:40 pm » 6,3,2,6,3, 2 (failure). The medic can't seem to do much for Zixin, so the wounds will heal at the normal rate.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:40 pm » Oddmund swallows, and steps side to side. "Ah need you to go check on the body, mikan. I cant touch thuh mud."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm » Thank you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm » Ok... medicine check on Zixin.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm » Er... replace *Zixin* with *Odd and Mikan* there at the start of that.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm » Zixin: *wondering if he more should have emphasized the point about everyone being dead*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 pm » At the edge of the double-doors, Zixin can see, inside, a large hall filled with bookshelves. And it appears to be BURNING. Someone's set fire to the library. There's bottles of old alcohol everywhere scattered along the floor, and smoke is heavy in this room. There USED to be fires, but it looks like a lot of mud has put them out. There's also a bookshelf in one area of the room which has given way, shelves broken and books fallen over on the ground in large pile. On the other side of the library there's a body which is burning, fallen over in a pool of blood. As the two enter, mud is being thrown onto it to put out the flames. There's also an open door into another room behind the body, which is a mess from waht they can see, and another door that looks to be firmly shut
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 pm » Mikan runs up to him. "The master of the house is still missing. Any sign of him here?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 pm » "IS ANYONE HURR! THIS IS THE WATCH!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm » Oddmund looks visibly shaken, and seems to be shifting side to side in all the mud.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm » Slays: *ignores the demon's question, getting Zixin to the medic.*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm » 4,9,6,1 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm » RainOOC: Maybe summoning rainfall *and* earth spirits at the same time wasn't a good idea.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm » 6,6,8,7,6 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm » Woo, dear.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm » Ok... @Mikun and Oddmund. Both of you please make perception + awareness checks. The fire seems to be being put out downstairs, which is a large, now-muddly and smouldreing library. Many of the books on various shelves are ruined and destoryed. There's empty bottles scattered around.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 pm » The Demon looks up at Slays. "MasterMasterRokun! Whosummonedyou?"
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 pm » Zixin: *meep Contessa*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 pm » I really need to change my screen-name here.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm » Slays:*helping Zixin to the medic at the same time*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm » Ok. More on that in a moment, Tinker and Geneve.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm » Okay, Mikan's still headed down the stairs then I guess.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm » She looks over at Slays and Zixin. "Get him to the company medic. That's a bad burn. I would know." She nods at Slays.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm » Slays: *nods and looks down at the demon* Who summoned you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm » Contessa nods. "Playing Big Damn Heroes, I see. I guess we weren't needed after all! Good work, Priest." She looks at the house. "Any information about what started the fire? Or whose home this is? I'll be expected to give a full report. If you don't know anything, your new orders are to find out who owned this place and what happened. The men of Earth Company" She nods at the people behind her "Will assist."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm » Sorry. I was typing up Contessa's new comments
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm » Ok. I missed that. Alright, Zixin and Slays are outside
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm » they did
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm » I thought Zixin and Slays went outside.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm » Rain is outside, so she does.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm » Mikan is also inside, so she doesn't see Contessa.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm » CURRENTLY, Oddmund is downstairs. Zixin and Slays, to my knowledge, are inside the house, so they don't see Contessa yet.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm » Ok. One moment.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm » ((Oddmund ran back downstairs to see if nyone else is there. I think everyone else is outside.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm » ((...*is confused about where everyone is*))
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm » Zixin: *meep Contessa* *meep meep meep*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm » Oddmund: *huming a theme song*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm » Oddmunds too far way to hear. And also slightly an idiot.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm » Slays: A Scroll Demon. Ma'am. *nods to contessa*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm » Rain: Slays started a bucket brigade, Misa rounded up townspeople to help, the others ran inside and saved people. *lowers her voice so only Contessa can hear* And I suspect arson, from what the elemental said. I'm going to question him later, right now he's having fun flinging mud."
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm » Zixin: ...it was just the one. *coughing still*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm » Mikan meets Slays and Zixin on the stairs.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm » Slays:*nods* I'll join you shortly.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm » And with that, Oddmund darts down the stairs.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund nudges slays. "Ah;m headed downstairs. We got us some demons in hurr."
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm » Slays:*helping Zixin get outside*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm » (Zixin would like to head outside, if Slays is cool with that)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm » ((Sorry. Oddmund is inside, andheaded downstairs.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm » ((Oh, right. Scratch that!))
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » Rain:...And I owe an earth elemental a ruby.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » (Isn't Oddmund inside?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » ...Compare and contrast Rains tone, vrsus Oddmund.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund: Hi contessa! There wus a fire! We saved sum folks. I think th' master hat wus in hurr was summonin some demons, like.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » (I like that name. ^^ )
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm » Rain: *straightens up* Ma'am! One of the servants ran to the barracks, we responded.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm » (hey, we have a half god, a half demon, and a half fae. We're the God Squad!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm » The house isn't very burny. Sorry Rain, I was typing slowly.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm » Ok... at this point... Rain, who is the only person still outside, sees a large group of guards following A familiar face. It's Contessa De'Mora, your commanding officer, who is rushing forward, with several guards armed with buckets of water. She looks at Rain. "Report! What's happened here? We saw the smoke clear from Eastgate!"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm » Because Rain won't get too close if it's burny, but if it's out she'll go see her teammates.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm » 3 successes out of 3 dice. nice
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » How burny is the house now?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » slays does have occult. one sec
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » ....*suprised!*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » 8,6,4 (1 success)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » Zixin: *holding the papers* *bluuuuuh coughing*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm » I only mentioned Slays because he said he was explictly looking at it
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Yes, Odd may.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » He's right there too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Can I roll?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Oddmund has Occoult.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Slays? Do you have any Occult? If so, make an Occult + Intelligence check.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Mikan shakes her head. "He might still be inside. Get SOMEONE over here." She puts him down and runs back in, meeting the rest of the group on the stairs.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm » Slays: No one is. *looks suspiciously at the creature and helps Zixin to the door*
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm » Zixin: And the only ones I found were pretty dead...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm » The creature starts to sniff at Slays and then.... just falls totally silent. Its stops trying to resist
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm » Zixin: *coughing* ...I'm not very good at uncontrolled fires.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm » "Can you get outside? A'm gonna chec to see if nyones downstairs still!"
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » (oops, typing sped)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » Zixin: *coughing* *SLAYS* ...Slays can you hold this please. *gestures toward the creature*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » Slays: *grabs the small creature so Zixin doesn't have to. helping get Zixin to his feet with his other arm*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » @Mikan: One of the villagers looks at her with a mask of panic on her face. "The Master of the House...where was he? He's the best doctor in Storm's Break!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm » (eep!)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm » Zixin looks pretty badly beaten up.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm » Odd and Slays burst back into the muddy room to find Zixin weakly climbing the stairs from the basement. Zixin is coughing heavily, looks to have a bad burn on his left leg, and is holding in one hand a large supply of papers and is firmly grasping a small yellow-skinned vaguely-human shaped creature in his other hand, which is trying inneffectually to gnaw free with blunted teeth. There's smoke following Zixin, so the water and mud must not have gotten downstiars yet
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm » "Hey! I need a doctor, this guy's not breathing!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm » Yes, Mikan can set him down and someone will tend to him. He seems unconcious and isn't breathing, though. The girl Mikan and Odd saved seems much better now, and is currently sipping some water under a tree on the far side of the fire, while someone is trying to set her broken limb
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm » Is there a safe place to put the boy down?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:12 pm » Slays: *counts heads. Zixin?... follows Odd back in. because the fire's almost out and Zixin*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:12 pm » (ruh roh)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:12 pm » Oddumd takes a deep breath, and moves to try and run back in again.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm » meeeep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm » Just then, Mikan follows Oddmund, a young teenage lad over her shoulder.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm » One of the townsfolk mentions to Odd that only the other guard that went in with Mikan and Odd is still inside, and hasn't come out at all.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm » (Nice job Rain!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm » *and
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm » Then she's running over to snag him before he's buried nd carrying him out.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm » @Mikan: yes, it is.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm » Oddmund has to bend over and gasp for air. "Is anyone still in there?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm » Is the fire between me and him out?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm » ((Theology is not Mikan's strong point.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm » Jun (The young boy) aaaaah... *he's falling over*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 pm » Mikan: What in nineteen hells?!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 pm » ...Well that works.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm » Oddmund and the Aunty manage to get out just as things start getting... dirty, bursting out of the front doors.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm » pff
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm » (Rain:...Oops.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm » Mikan, you're thinking of what to do when suddenly the room seems to explode in mud.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm » Ok. Between the rain, and Slays and the bucket brigade, and the strange and sudden onset of dirty mud being thrown up in the house (Something which seems to get Aunty so angry that Odd gets a bit scared) it seems like the fires in the first and second floors are totally put out and the bottom floor is... still unknown.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 pm » Wooo!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 pm » 10,1,10,9 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm » Rolling.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm » Rain: And in the meantime, I will make you that mandala. (colored sand, elaborate design, maybe green in then center)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm » Ok. Rain... you need to roll 4 dice for the godly help.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm » GokGok nods it's eye eagerly. "Then GokGok will! Go get friends! Mud party in burny house!"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm » Rain: It may take me a while to get a ruby, but I will.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm » (no, I was being slow, it's okay!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm » (Sorry. I should have waited)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm » (Ack, I type too slow!)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm » GokGok stares at Rain. "Goodfun Deal?"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm » Rain: "What if I did something for you? Would you like me to make a mandala for you, when it is daylight and not raining?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm » GokGok: "GokGok get friends to help. Rainy lady finds GokGok a shiny ruby later and buries it under that tree near burny house. GokGok be happy and deal is made."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 pm » GokGok closes its eye and smacks it's headish region for a bit. "GokGok like nice Rainy lady... GokGok thinkie of a goodfun deal."
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm » Rain sighs. "The Immaculates would get mad if they prayed to you, yes. " (Thinking)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 pm » "GokGok not 'posed to..."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 pm » "Would Maculates not get mad?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm » "Would bucket people pray to GokGok? To the soil?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm » GokGok stares at Rain with it's one green glowing eye. "Lots of fire inside. Much risk. Much risk. Danger."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 pm » Rain beams at him. "That would be a big help, thank you! Can they do it inside, so they don 't scare off the bucket brigade?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm » Gokgok is pounding the pavement, which looks to be less broken whenever he pounds it rather than more. It looks up. "Gokgok knows some soil spiirits. Scatter earth and soil everywhere. that help?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm » "Gokgok, we need help putting out this fire. Can you help, or do you know of any beings here who can?"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm » Rain will talk to GokGok.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 pm » (That's your call)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 pm » (I would take to the spirit of the well, but if it responded visibly it would scare off the bucket brigade^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 pm » Alright. Rain can't see any other spirits around, at least not ones that seem very useful. Just that minor earth spirit from before, Gokgok, who is watching the fire while making sure that cracks in the stone street dont' get bigger
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 pm » 9,3 (1 success) Just perception.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 pm » Wooo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 pm » Ok... then just make the Perception + Investigatoin check
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 pm » Um...no dots in investigation. Just roll perception?
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 pm » 'may automaticly see dematerialized ghosts, demons, and gods without a roll.'
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm » My bad.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm » Gah! No, it's a merit, not a charm. yeah, it doesn't take essence cost.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm » It's Spirit Sight, page 63 under merits, I don't think it has an essence cost, let me check real quick!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:39 pm » Ok... back. Rain, spend the essence ot use your Godly Sight charm and then make a perception + investigation check
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 pm » (spirits, not soirits! Typing fail)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm » Woo!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm » Okay, Rain will look around for other gods and soirits, see if there's any she can ask to help fight the fire.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 pm » Well, she's already prayed for rain. ^^ Going back to the bucket brigade seems anticlimatic.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm » (Take your time, :) ))
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm » (sorry, thinking!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm » kk
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm » Ack. Brb. Gotta get something
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm » Um...
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 pm » 3 successes
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm » Right: slays is back to fighting the fire.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm » Go guys!
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm » And, as an added benefit... there's a light sprinkling of rain from the clouds above... adding one success automatically to your chances.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm » Rain and Slays... this is your second chance to fight fire! If you can beat 5 dice of successes, you can put out the fire entirely, and make the house MOSTLY safe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm » Mikan and Zixin: Think about what you're doing for a bit. We're going to shift back to Rain and Slays
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 pm » Ok... the boy's coughing and hacking a LOT. He doesn't look so good, Mikan. His brow is sweaty and he may be suffering from heat exhaustion. Or not. You're no doctor-ologist.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 pm » 6,8,4 (1 success)
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm » He takes 3 potential dice of bashing damage.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm » Less luck for Jun, the boy Mikan's just met, however... 1,3,9,4 (1 success)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm » Oddmund: HAI sa dau *coughs, and grits his teeth*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm » 6,4,9,10,3, 9,5,6 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » Ok, Odd, you take one bashing damage. Your lungs feel like they're on fire.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » (Auntie could carry Oddmund out of the house.^^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » Woo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » 8 (1 success)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » Odd, you failed it by 1 die, so you take 1 die of damage. I'll see if you take any.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm » That's Juuuust enough for her to resist damage, since her threshold is higher since's been in the house longer. She takes no damage.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm » Dangit 0,6,1,3 (2 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm » The Auntie got: 6,4,7,9,10 (4 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm » And I'll channel Valor this time too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm » Yaaay!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 pm » Ok. At this point Oddmund, Mikan, Zixin, the teenage boy, and Auntie all have to make another Resistance + Stamina check for smoke inhilation. Oddmund and Mikan, both of you add a bonus die for being in places where the smoke wasn't as bad/wasn't existant, allowing you a gasp of fresh air
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm » ((Ooh, wine isnt *that* flammable.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm » Various kitcheny things... there's a clay oven and a rack with a few bottles of purple liquid inside, probably wine... there's some spaces for preparing ingrediants, and a bucket of a foamy liquid on the far side of the room, past the young lad... Make a perception + awareness check wiht all the smoke to find something more useful
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm » Heavy apron, towels... water?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 pm » Or do I see anything in this room?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 pm » In the burning dining hall, was there a tablecloth or curtain that wasn't soaked in alcohol?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm » "Town Guard! I'm gonna get you out of here!"
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm » The lad looks up. "Aaah! *cough cough* W-who... who are you? Do you have any water?*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 pm » The Kitchen is pretty badly on fire. There was alcohol spilled everywhere in here. The lad's caught on the end near the door Mikan's opened, but he's separated by a patch of flame from her.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm » Inside is a large kitchen. There's a young man inside, about 16 to 18 years of age, who looks to be panicking. He's swinging a frying pan at fires around him, as if trying to fan them out wiht the only near-fan he has.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm » Go mikan!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm » Regardless.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm » She looks inside.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm » Opening Door 2, but not going in until I look inside.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm » Nope! Neither door is on fire yet
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm » Unless one or both doors are visibly on fire.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm » Ok... Door #1 doesn't seem warm at all. Door #2 appears moderately warm.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm » Mikan's putting her hands to both doors to feel how warm they are.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 pm » So... Door 1 or Door 2?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 pm » Ok. Moving back to Mikan... time-wise you're a bit behind Odd. So we'll focus on you a bit. You enter a large dining room, which appears to not be set up for any kind of dinner right now and thus was in a state of emptiness before alcohol was spattered in places and it was lit on fire. Opening the door lets out a large burst of smoke which brings tears to Mikan's eyes, but you press on. There's two doors on the other end of the room, which I'm calling Door 1, which looks smaller and is rounded, and Door 2, which is larger and looks to be squared.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:12 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:11 pm » He bows a little, holding onto his cane. "Thank you, ma'am! I will do my best to wipe my feet before I walk back inside." he grabs a pitcher, and tries to escort her out, using the water to try and wash the fire out as they go.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:11 pm » She grabs one pitcher of water in each hand, flexing muscles honed by years of scrubbing out resistant spots
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm » Ok... Oddmund, her appearance softens a bit. "Aww... you're a bit like my son. So polite! Alright, young lad... grab a pitcher full of water and lead the way! If I'm abandoning the master's house, even for a moment, I'll at least tidy up a bit along the way!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm » Oddmund smiles. "Th sooner I preform m duty, the sooner you may return to yours. Safely."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm » Go Odd!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm » I'm impressed.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm » Dang. That... that beats Aunty's MDV exactly by one.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm » ...0.o
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm » Okay, west door.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm » 2,10,9,10,5, 9,5,8,10 (9 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm » g
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm » Rollin
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm » Oddmund glances around, and reaches out a hand, leaning n his cane. "Please, m'am? You're trying to do your duity, but I'm trying to do mine!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm » zixin Descended, while Odd Ascended.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 pm » Down the middle staircase
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 pm » Zixin went up the middle staircase.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm » Zixin went down stairs.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm » Which staircase did Zixin go for again?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm » Odd: She scowls at you and grabs some soapy water from the tub. It looks like she was using it to wash things. You're going to have to try and persuade her. Make either a Charisma + Presence or a Manipulation + Presence check
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 pm » Ok... Mikan, you dash back into the house. You're back in the entryway. See my earlier description of it: Stairs going up, Stairs going down, two doors, one on the west and one on the east. What do you do? Where do you go?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:03 pm » Oddmund isnt going to argue- he nods wuickly, and launches off his cane, skidding near the water tub, and tucking his cane under his arm to carry the tub over to Auntie- he'll do his best to slosh it over the floor, suffocating the fires around the woman. "Please! We have to get out of the house! We have a chain putting out the fires from outside!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm » She scowls at the fire. "There's a tub of water in the bathing area over there. Grab a pitcher and be a *cough cough* dear."
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm » Slays has no dots in medicine so sadly he can't help the girl except to see if any of the people is good with treating injuries
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm » @Oddmund: The "Aunt" looks up at him. "Horsefeathers! Lad, the *cough* House has owned this home for generations! Oi'm a good servant, I am, and I'm *gasp* not going to be the one to let it burn!
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm » Slays is staying, mikan going.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm » Ok... Rain, I'll get to you in a moment. Mikan and Slays, decide who stays and who goes and what not.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:58 pm » (hee!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 pm » Oddmund: *unsure if the Daring Carrying of the Damsel is a good idea here. hes pretty sure he'll get clocked. Also, he might hurt his back*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 pm » Mikan's going back in. Oddmund's got Auntie upstairs, but where is Zixin again?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 pm » Rain is also going to look around for other gods and spirits, her intent is questioning them about this fire.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 pm » Slays:*shrugs and takes the book and girl away from the fire*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:54 pm » (nah, that works. Slays isn't always clear about what he means. this works fine ^.^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:54 pm » ((I am useless tonight, sorry.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:54 pm » ((...Wait, I may have read that wrong. Though if you want a chance to go be heroic in the building, Mikan CAN do stuff outside.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm » Mikan: Yep! Take this too. *hands book to Slays*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm » Rain looks up at the sky, and says, "Thank you."
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm » Slays:*Runs up Mikan, helping her get the girl away from the building* need to trade off? *to mikan*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm » Slays is right there where Mikan is?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm » Oddmund: "Hi M'am! City watch, special import something something! I'm here to help you out of the house! Although you seem to have it pretty under control!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm » What do you do, Odd, Mikan, and Slays and Rain? Misa has run off again.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm » Oddmund: ... *impressed!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm » Slays, meanwhile, sees Mikan burst out of the building, carrying an unconscious teenage girl and a tome
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 pm » Meanwhile Oddmund enters a large chamber with windows overlooking the street, made of actual GLASS, which is a rarity in this poor side of Storm's Break. There's doors to the NORTH and the SOUTH, and a large, heavy set woman surrounded by fires on the other side of the room near a table. She's got a pitcher in one hand and a cloak in her other hand. She's tall, black haired, and looks angry. She throws the pitcher, which spills out with water at the fire in front of her, and then throws the cloak on another patch and is diving at it, stomping on it. The windows, which are behind her, look open. Well, specifically, ONE looks open, the other looks broken due to a latch that was sticking. The smoke is escaping out the windows, and since this is a larger room, the fresh air and ability for smoke to escape is giving Odd temporary breathing room rather than the more enclosed areas downstairs.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 pm » Meanwhile...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 pm » Next check will need 5 successes to put the whole fire out!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 pm » Ok. Between the efforts of Rain, Misa, and Slays, the fire has lowered down to stage 1, since you guys passed the 4-success threshhold
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 pm » (Suggested Musical accompainment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hoxf9Tk ... D&index=19 )
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm » (Go Us!)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm » Slays:*is a fighter of people and monsters, not fires*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm » yay! more productive than slays.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm » Ok... Misa returns with a large crowd of people, including the guards who were scheduled to be on patrol tonight, while you guys were resting. They're all here to help!
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm » Woo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm » Misa's attempts: 7,1,7,10,10 (6 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm » Ok. The skies are starting to darken as large black clouds are moving overhead slowly...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm » One moment
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm » Ok. And since Wally's not here and can't constructively contribute, I'm going to instead roll on a random table for the fire to see if his previously declared efforts to gather other people helps in any way.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm » 7,5,9,7,2, 8,6 (4 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:41 pm » 1 success
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm » "I, Rain, daughter of Kien-Giang, ask you!" (Okay, rolling)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm » Slays, Make another Athletics + Stamina or Strength check to reflect your additional efforts
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm » \.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm » Add a die to the check for the stuntt
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm » Ok... Rain, make a prayer check. Charisma + Performance.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm » "Great (Insert Name Here), I implore you! Rain down upon this place, and let the magnificence of the rain defeat these flames!"
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 pm » *can't*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 pm » I can think pf a good stunt-y way to do this, but Rain will try to invoke the Rain God/Goddess, and implore them to rain upon the fire. Hmm...Rain steps back from the bucket brigade, into the shadow. Easy to do with all the n oise and confusion. She lifts her hands in invocation, and begins her prayer.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm » Good luck, guys. <3
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm » about all I can think of that Slays would do, since there's people there now, is try and focus on getting some water on parts not already on fire to prevent it from spreading any
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm » Let me know when you're ready
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 pm » *thinking*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 pm » So take a moment to think about your options, while I write out stuff for Odd and Mikan and Zixin
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm » Basically, this segment is largely Stunt-Driven. Whatever you choose to do, something I've suggested, working in the brigade, or something that surprises even ME, how you say you do it can help out a LOT.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm » There are, by now, many people fighting the fire by pouring water. You guys can help in many ways, and each way you declare and what you do with it will give you more dice to a collective pool. You can go gather more help, or try to coerce local gods or spirits to offer assistance, or something else as well.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm » ok
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm » Before you declare actions, let me say one more thing.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm » and for Slays, he's pouring water on the fires of course, but he's also trying to get surrounding areas so they're less likely to go up in flames
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm » *snrk*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm » Stages 3 and 4 make the house less hospitable and more dangerous for the people inside
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm » The longer the three of them stay inside and/or the fire is allowed to burn, the harder each successive check will be. There's also other ways you can contribute, which we'll look into. If you guys do POORLY, however, the fire can advance to stage three: Inferno, and then stage 4: Burninating the Countryside, Burninating the Peasents.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm » right, then Slays will be the end of the bucket brigade nearest the fire, being one(?) of the folks using the buckets.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 pm » Ooooh.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 pm » Allow me to explain a bit about how this works. The fire is currently at stage Two: Blazing. If you guys find ways to fight it, such as the bucket brigade, or other ways, you can lower it to stage one: Controlled, and then to Stage zero: Out. If you guys work hard, you can make the environment for Odd, Zixin, and Mikan safer inside the house, and even put the fire out!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 pm » Well, Rain is at the well, as far from the fire as she can be and still help with the bucket brigade.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 pm » SOunds good.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 pm » Demo, Chic? You're up.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:23 pm » Ok... We're going to put that group on hold for a moment while I type up the descriptons of what Odd and Zixin see, and move back to the group outside
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm » Oddmund is going to pull his coat up further, and run upstairs at top speed, hlding his coat over his mouth to breath. "Someone get the kid from the kitchen, and the Master downstairs!"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm » "Okay!" Mikan half-shouts, half-coughs. "I'm getting the girl out!"
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 pm » "...Upstairs might collapse soon. I;m gong t get up there and find this 'Aunty', o- h- okay?"
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm » Oddmund grits his teeth, ignores the burning pain in his throat, and takes shallow breaths.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Yay!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » (to me, I mean)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Odd takes no negative effects!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Okay. I guess it's not relevant now, but in the future.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » ....*stunned*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » ....Holy.... 8,8,8,9 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Don't reroll the already-rolled dice, just add the dice to your check
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Mikan passes the 2-success Threshhold, so she takes no negative effects. And yes, roll temperance and add it to your successes
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm » Reroll entirely or roll just the extra dice?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm » So roll temperance?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm » Go ahead. That's one of Odd's channels for the Story.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm » Woo, Valor!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm » I'll allow a Temperance check. This is ideal for Temperance or Convictoin or Valor, really.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm » Id like to channel Temperance, to have the self control to keep breathing steadily without coughing.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » Since I want to be fair and people may have forgotten
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » I'll allow it post-roll.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » I missed that we could.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » ...yes, actualy.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » Um...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 pm » So no one's challening any virtues?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm » 6,8,7,5 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm » Well oddmund is going to try breathing through his soakedcoat from now on, anyhow.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm » Remember, you CAN channel, or spend Cards If you feel you have one that might apply
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm » 0 successes for the smoke check
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm » 6,4,2 (failure)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm » This won't end well.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm » ...nerts.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm » Ok. At this point I need Oddmund, Zixin, and Mikan to roll Stamina + Resistance checks to see how well you guys deal with smoke inhilation.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm » (thing is it wouldn't have been an issue if I'd ironed out my character sheet on time. That's why I felt an apology was owed)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm » Oddmund pushes the ceiling chunk up a little more. "Okay! Auntie upstairs! Kitchen, someone named Akito! Master of the house downstairs! Mikan, can you get her outside?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm » Mikan shifts the book to one hand and tries to pick the girl up with the other, if she can.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm » Ok... she's coughing a lot. "A-*Hack* Aunty....up stairs... *cough cough* A-akito... *wheeze* kitchen... The mastah... *hack* downst..." *she passes out*"
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm » "Can you tell me where he is? Is there anyone else in here, can you tell us where they are?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 pm » Ok. Between Mikan's MONSTEROUS STRENGTH and Odd's WIREY BUILD, they manage to get the rubble off the girl in a matter of seconds. She looks rather beat up, but other then what looks to be a broken leg, she's physically fine. She's got a book clutched to her chest, which she looks at Mikan (Since Mikan got there first and was in a better position, with Odd supporting) and thrusts a leatherbound tome into her hands. "Please... t...tha' mastah... asked me to... keep tis...safe..." she coughs
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm » + my four. :D
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm » I don't think I've ever rolled that well even playing an Exalt.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm » 9,10,10,8,4, 9,9 (8 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm » Whoa, dang.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm » No one remembers the rules. <3 Its Exalted.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm » You didn't screw up, Geneve. You asked me about a rule and I answered. It happens.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm » Don't worry about it. ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm » I'm sorry everyone I &#@!$ up basically.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm » kk
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm » And also resolving Zixin's thing
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm » One moment please. Helping Geneve with something
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 pm » Oddmund is thin, but wiery! He has to crouch and grip from higher up, so he won't touch the floor.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 pm » 9,1,2,10,6, 2,5,7 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm » I.E: make the same check, Str + Athletics, Luc
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm » If you work together it's easier.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm » Ok. Oddmund, you can add your successes with Mikan's.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Oddmund is going to duck low and move towards the rubble, and help mikan.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm » Zixin, wait for a PM from me. Mikan, please make a Strength + Athletics check if you want to free the young brown-haired servant girl.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm » Mikan, you hear it louder. It's a girl's voice, probably about 12 to 14 years old. She's pinned under what looks to be part of the ceiling that's somehow collapsed.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm » Ok... Oddmund, it's difficult to get your voice to be heard over the sound of the fire and the smoke that gets into your mouth as you talk, but you manage. You hear a voice from the burning rubble just as Mikan's moving towards it, but from where you are, it's very faint. ""Help! Help!""
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm » Zixin was heading up the middle stairway.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 pm » Huh. Last session I thought you just said it was partially on fire. But yeah, she'll get as far as she can without being too stupid to live.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm » A) What do you guys do, and B) Mikan, are you still deciding to do that?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm » Yeah. She figured that was the way most likely to be closed off soon, so she went for the burning staircase.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm » Oddmund is going to call out. "Is anyone in here? This is the watch!' as loud as he can.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm » As for the group outside? We'll get to you guys soon
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm » I don't remember what anyone else had declared as far as actions
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm » As I recall Geneve said Mikan was going to examine the burning wreckage on the staircase, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm » We're starting with the people in the house. Let me refresh everyone's memory as to the layout: Zixin, Mikan, and Oddmund are standing in a burning Entryway, with Staircases going upstairs, one on either side of the entryway, however on the Eastern Side there's firey rubble blocking the path up. There appear to be puddles of brown liquid burning on the ground in places, and there's another Staircase between the two Ascending ones, that Descends downward, into what appears to be a set of double-doors, one of which is ajar. There's burning tapestries on the walls on either side of you, but it's hard to tell what they are becuase of the smoke in the air. Lastly, there's two Doors, one on the western wall and one on the eastern wall.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm » I would like to see that crossover, actually.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm » Ok... back to the seriousness.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm » ...I like what Geneve said better. Can I change my answer?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 pm » ...I did say it was a fanfic. In this case "Crossover: DnD Vs Exalted."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Fair folk probably made them.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Yeap. And oddmund was calling out for anyone whos there.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Sounds right.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Do they even HAVE Dire elk in Exalted?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » As I recall, Oddmund, Zixin, and Mikan were going in, right?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Hehehe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm » Ok, so when we last left off, the group was split, with some of the members going inside the Burning Building and the others outside, fighting the fire.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm » Yes, bu does Baoshi rescue nellus from the fortress of doom?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm » Er, moving on. Dangit it I'm weird tonight
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm » my horribly written fanfic. MOVING ONE!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm » When we last left off, Fuzzy was holding off an army of dire elk, while Baoshi and Jan were stealing the Elixer so that they Shun cou- er, wait, that's in my fanfic. Nevermind!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm » *start now!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm » Alright. We're going to start no.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm » Hee hee!
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm » http://www.redbubble.com/people/kyleand ... ?p=t-shirt
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm » Also I would quite enjoy the adventures of a hobbit/elf. Or just the story of their parents meeting.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm » Pfff.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm » ....so tall, but I really like breakfast.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm » Somewhere between hobbit and elf sizes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm » The tallest hobbit.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm » Hobbit!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm » One shelf away from the shoes you could sit a baby in.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 pm » My dream shoes would be oxfords or penny loafrer in shades of neon nd glitter. Also, apparently I'm a mens 11 now? sheesh.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm » Nice. ^^
Demothesis « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm » hey all
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm » Ooo... sounds fun
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm » I;m pleased cause I got new shoes today. They are three shades of neon.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 pm » Sounds nice~
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm » I figured it'd take some time for peeps to show up, me to stop clowning around and actually be competent, and my food to be prepared. Mmm... Red Hot Beef Kabobs...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:34 pm » Yeah. I planned for this. 6:30 CST, or 4:30 for Tinker, was a liberal estimate.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 pm » And Wally and Demo aren't here yet anyway, Geneve.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm » 's ok. I'm still getting some basic prep done.
SoItBegins « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm » This particular section features the second battle with May, our rival— and she is NOT going to be easy.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm » Sorry, be right there.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm » Ooo... Let's Play... I'll have to check that out
SoItBegins « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 pm » I just wanted to let everyone know that Part 11 of the Let's Play has just been posted!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:29 pm » Also, there's some stuff there from the Maidenterviews.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:29 pm » For people who haven't read them yet, there's more Campaign 3 Preview material up in the Exalted Logs thread.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm » *hands Kate some fuzzy dice*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm » I'm still getting a few things set up. Also, Geneve's not here yet
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm » Ooh, you should get some cheap bulk dice.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm » Ok, once Demo sends me a file I need for tonight, we'll begin
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm » I could donate a few. We have a huge chest of them here.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 pm » But I'm not sure I want to sacrifice any of my dice.
Kate « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 pm » I want to do a series of standardized tests involving dice and microwaves.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 pm » There's a sacred bond between the Old Guard of DMs. We keep each others secrets!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm » I can neither confirm nor deny.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm » .
SoItBegins « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm » Is that really true?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 pm » Oh sure. Every DM worth his salt as one die labled the "Die Die Die" Die, just in case we need to deal with a mouthy player. :-p
chicgeek « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm » Loaded dice?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm » *Setting up his DM'S SCREEN and a variety of DICE*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm » Bwi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am » Also, I don't want ot get too far in without giving Wally another chance to join in
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am » Alright. As much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna call it here. This is a good stopping point, I'm losing focus and I think geneve may be asleep
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 am » Zixin: *is nervous and wants to get to follow Slays*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am » Oddmund: *nod!* Basicleh, theres a lot of resources there. We aint monks, we dont got th' privlidges of the upper class or whatcha callems. But we have the benifits a justice. And nep'tisim
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am » (mama odd's trailing ducklings.)
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 am » Zixin: And then I could go with you and Slays?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:08 am » Oddmund: DUn see why not.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:08 am » Zixin: *meep* ...w-would I be allowed to use it?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am » Oddmund: The Duke.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 am » .
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am » Zixin: Mishu?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am » Oddmund: Mishu has a private library, its pretty big. Theres a smaller un in the city, public.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 am » *nods*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 am » Alright. So Slays and Odd heading to see the Duke and Princess Fujio, and Zixin wants to find a library, and Rain wants to look over the book... anyone else?
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 am » Zixin: *still having trouble breathing* Does anyone know where a library is?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am » Rain: Well, you 're healing up still anyway, right? A library sounds restful.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am » Zixin: ...I think I need to find a library but I don't think that's related to the case.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am » Oddmund: Good! An' follow any leads ifin it gives any.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am » Rain: How about I study that book, see if I can find anything helpful?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am » (Good point.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 am » (The latter two together.)
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 am » (the mental image of Slays as Sugarplum?)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 am » Oddmund: aw, naw fussin. We're just gonna go see Fu, the girl I used tuh babysit, an her uncle. *beams*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 am » Rain: Don't remind me, I have to come up with a ruby.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 am » (Hatful of saints, or canola oil?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 am » Mikan: Trying to save our paychecks.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 am » (Best. Line.)
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 am » Zixin: ................what are we doing? *meep meep meep meep*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am » Oddmund: In charge, lord and a hatful of saints. Anyone who HAS a lead should take it. But anyone whut would like t come along should. Ah know a crowbar and a pint o canola oil wont move slays from me, so it taint like id be goin lone. Not that I mind, sugarplum,
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am » Alright. So that's Slays and Odd. What are the rest of you doing?
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 am » Zixin: *meep maybe he's not allowed to follow Slays*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am » Rain: *grins* You're in charge.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am » Rain: Do you want the rest of us along?
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am » Slays:*will go with Odd*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 am » Oddmund: Wyuk, im gonna go talk to the Duke asap. He might know more then we do.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am » Zixin: *has no idea what he's supposed to be doing* *will follow Slays?*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am » Rain: *turns to Oddmund* Okay, Sarge, now what?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am » (yeah, the Immaculates wouldn't have much use for the Odd Squad. I can see us meeting that delegation now...)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am » Alright... so now that Contessa has dismissed all of you, what do you do?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am » Contessa: Anyway, you're all dismissed. I expect a report on your progress in the next two days, if at all possible
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am » .
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:44 am » Zixin: *what's going on*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:44 am » Mikan: Wouldn't have done much good.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am » Oddmund: ....Knew I shoulda nailed the proto manse shut...
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am » Zixin: Yipe! *jumps* ... *what just happened what are they supposed to be doing did he say anything outloud*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am » Contessa: One other bit of relevant business. At the immediate moment the remaining members of House V'neef have claimed the house. Apparently one of the diplomats from the Isle here is a distant relative. They're surveying the damage right now. Try ot stay out of their way.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:40 am » Mikan: *less gentle poking*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am » Oddmund: *nods* Yeuh. Pity we in a hurry. It'll be fun t' see th' littleun. Sheeeyeesh, she must be gettin big, now'days.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am » Zixin: *hasn't been paying attention*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am » Rain: Yes Ma'am.
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am » Slays:*has promoted self to sergant's bodyguard*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am » Contessa: I don't honestly claim to know how to find out whose responsible. But get it done, and try to get it done quickly. Please.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 am » Oddmund: *ears go down* Sergant? ... Gotcha. *nod nod*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 am » Zixin: *thinking* An ivy vine pattern in metalwork would help channel the essence properly.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:35 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am » Mikan: *gently pokes Zixin*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am » Zixin: *is zoned out considering an appropriate design*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:32 am » Contessa: *Nodding at Rain* As all of you are the most familar with this situation, I am pulling each of you, plus Misa, from active patrolling and assigning you all to form a special squad to investigate who did this. Oddmund, since you know the Duke and have been here before, I am asking you to serve as the Sargent in command of this squad, at least until the matter is resolved.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 am » Zixin: *considering what kind of a manse building would fit well there*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am » Contessa: ...Duely noted. After meeting with our employers last night, I've been told that the representatives of the Blessed Isle are calling inot question the Duke's ability to keep the peace and enforce his own laws in his city. Since they've also had to TRIPLE the guard around the envoy from Thorns in the Summit, they have no formal manpower to spare there. So they've asked us to conduct the investigation.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am » Oddmund: ...Maybe here its uh. Socialy appropriate tuh mention I know th' Duke, ahn I cin talk to him bout it?
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am » Rain: Maybe....first we could go back to the house and do a thorough search? Before the Duke or the envoy from the isle forbids it/stakes a claim to it?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 am » Contessa: *Will not display emotion in front of the Troops, because that will undermine morale... will simply stare at Oddmund silently for a few moments and hope it comes off as inscrutible*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 am » Zixin: ...do you think someone will put a manse there soon?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am » Oddmund announced, proudly, "It gets worst, Ma'am!" he stops, and moves his finger in the air, as if tallying. "....I mean, it gets a little worse." he repeats, in a more somber tone. "There wus a layline convergence in th' basement, which means uh, theres basic'ly a huuuge motive fer... anyone whod like a manse who might take th' house. So we need t' tell the Dukes."
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am » Slays:*nnnnnot good at investigating. but will be able to help if it comes to blows*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 am » Contessa: ....yes, Oddmund?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 am » Mikan: *meeeeeeeeep*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am » Oddmund: Oh! Oh! *puts his hand up*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am » Zixin: *eep*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am » Rain: *winces*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am » Contessa: But... the situation is bad. People are nervous and apparently this guy was the best healer in the city. And the envoy from the Blessed Isle has taken offense, and is demanding a full investigation. This is close to a political incident, and if we let that happen The Duke will cancel our contract and none of us get paid.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 am » .
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:22 am » Zixin: *meep*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 am » Oddmund downed a half cup of something foul, and passed well out. Now he seems brighter, and less fidgety.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 am » Contessa: I won't lie. Last night all of you did good.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 am » Contessa: Alright, first of all, Zixin, you are ordered to take any steps you feel necessary to recover fully, and also not to do anything even remotely dangerous.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 am » Zixin: *still tired and coughing and on edge*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 am » Demon: *Because it's the only place people can put him without him sneaking out
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 am » Demon: *Has spent the night trapped in a safe in the guard house*
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 am » Slays:*wearing his bell again*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am » Zixin: *still holding the notes at 10 am*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am » ,
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am » @Kate: The nearest library? Zixin doesn't know, but once it's say he'll have a better chance of finding it
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am » Because of your exemplary performance last night, Contessa allows those of you who need it to sleep in. At roughly 10:00 AM the next morning, however, she's ordered all of you together in the Guardhouse you've been posted to in the city.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am » Theres more Oddmund could be doing, bu hes not in amind to do it tonight.
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am » ...where is the nearest library?
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am » Zixin: *very tired but important but orders meep*
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 am » Slays:*is a professional, still....sleeeeeep*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:14 am » Zixin: *still wants to find a library*
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am » Zixin: *meep*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am » Alright. Then... given how late it is, and the fact that the group was woken up in the middle of the night, Contessa basically orders all of you to go get some rest after getting a report from Rain.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am » Mikan's going to share what she learned with the group, but other than that, nah.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am » Makes sense. Ok... so there's guards outside
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am » But that's all, I think.
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am » nope. *forgot Slays had the book*
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am » Well, last session Rain said she wanted a few guards posted around the house, to keep people out-we'll ahve to come back in daylight and do a thorough search.
Demothesis « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am » Ok... so that's it for the interviews. Does anyone else have anything they want to do before the group retires for the night and starts the next day?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am » (Ah yes. Slays has it)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am » Maid: He stayed with the Master, and they spent much time together. I think one of his servants, a miss Akane, is still in the city somewhere too...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am » (Mikan handed it to Slays before going back into the burning building, I think.)
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am » Rain: Thank you, you've been most helpful. One of us may talk to you again later, if we have more questions. I appreciate your help.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 am » Maid: Ryo V'neef, one of the dignitaries. He was staying here with many of his servants for a few days before the summit. He's at the castle now, I think.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am » (She gave it to Mikan)
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am » Rain: Who?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am » Maid: One of the Lords from the blessed isle here for the summit.
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am » (does she still have the book or did she give it to one of us earlier?)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am » Maid: Yes! The Master had a visitor from the Blessed Isle and his servants earlier this week
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:04 am » Rain: Visitors?
Kate « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am » Rain: One more things-can you remember anything out of the ordinary happening earlier? Anything odd, changes in routine, things like that?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:01 am » Maid: Um, i've worked here since I was fourteen... four years ago. Auntie got me my job. Master V'neef was... he was very nice. Never hurt anyone, although he was... strange. Very quiet, kept to himself. But he talked to me. He liked talking to me...
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm » Rain: How long ahve you worked here? What was Master V'neef like to work for?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm » (scratch that)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm » Rain: Did the masked man say anything?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm » Maid: Um... there wasn't much talking. The master was angry and bellowed something about his research... but the masked man didn't say anything!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 pm » The Maid describes the mask the cook described.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 pm » Rain: Can you remember anything they said? And what his massk looked like?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 pm » Maid: But then fire seemed to erupt everywhere...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 pm » Maid: They fought a bit, but the Master wasn't armed. It wasn't... I tried to sneak upstairs to hide the book, I didn't know what else to do.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 pm » Maid: I saw someone else in the room.... wearing black. Master V'neef demanded to know why they were there. It was a big man in a mask.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 pm » Rain: *nods* And then what happened?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 pm » Maid: He seemed nervous about something. Then he came running downstairs a bit later telling me to hide
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 pm » The Maid thinks. "The Master and I were downstairs arranging some books in his library... *Sniffle* There was a noise upstairs, and he went up to look into it. He asked me to go into his study room for some reason and get a big book in his desk.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:50 pm » Rain: Tell me where you were, and what you were doing.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm » Rain: Can you tell me what happened here tonight, when it began?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm » The Maid nods. "Ok... I'll help if I can..."
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 pm » Rain: *sympathetic* I know. But what we need to do now is find out what happened. I'd like to ask you some questions-it'll be a big help.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm » Maid: My leg hurts, but otherwise... *has a broken leg which the Company Medic has set* Oh... poor Master V'neef...
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm » Rain: *goes to the Maid* How are you feeling?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm » (Nah, you were fine)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm » (sorry to take so long)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm » (kee.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:44 pm » Ok... moving back to Rain and the Maid
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:44 pm » Cook: *Thinking* ... nothing I know of... sorry, I don't know what's important.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm » Mikan: Alright. Anything else you think we should know?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm » Cook: paid well.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm » Cook: Other than that, he was a good master.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 pm » Cook: It would always sort of... um... well, he would sometimes just sit there and stare at you. For a while. And, um... not say anything. At all. Just staring.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm » Mikan: Mind if I ask what you thought of him? What was it like working for him? You don't have to be flattering.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 pm » Cook: ...oh... geeze, I only worked for him for a few weeks... wow...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:34 pm » Mikan: ...No. I'm sorry. But I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say about that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 pm » Cook: Ah! Is Master V'neef ok?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 pm » Cook: It was all over the kitchen... maybe other places too? I didn't see much in the dark and I was half asleep...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 pm » Mikan: So was there just that puddle, or was there more of the oil or whatever it was set around?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm » Cook: Anyway, he took off running after that. The fire moved so quickly I couldn't catch it. And then... I was surrounded
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 pm » Cook: Ugh... no, i'm fine... just needed to catch my breath
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm » Mikan: You need a sec? That's a bad cough.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm » Mikan: Uh huh...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 pm » Cook: You know... *cough* the ones in those plays the Immaculate Order has children do sometimes... talking about the ancient Sun Kings and their demon *cough* allies?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 pm » Cook: *Describes a mask designed to look like the ones used in many Immaculate Drama plays to portray demons, painted in vivid shades of blue hues and white paint*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 pm » Mikan: What did the mask look like?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm » Cook: Um... they were wearing black... all black. Except a mask...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm » Mikan: So you *saw* an arsonist? Did you get a good look?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm » Cook: It spread so fast...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm » The cook nods. "I... think so? I got up to get something to eat and I *cough cough* saw someone with a torch in the kitchen... he thrust it into a puddle on the ground and things started *cough* lighting up...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm » Mikan: Not yet. We're hoping you and the other folks we pulled out could help us figure that out. Did the fire start in the kitchen?
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm » He sits up. "Yeah... just a bit rare, but at least I'm not well done... *cough cough* any idea who lit the kitchen on fire?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 pm » Mikan: You're welcome. Are you alright?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 pm » Mikan, the cook is sputtering a bit, but he's conscious now. He smiles weakly. "Ah.... *cough* you saved me... *wheeze* thank you..."
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 pm » Ok... Mikan started first, so I'll go with her next
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 pm » Yep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm » Alright... we've got Mikan with the cook, and Rain with the Maid, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund has a bright smile as he says this.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund whrugs. "Just dun try te escape, cutie! Or Ill huntcha down an turn yu over tuh uncle the Monks after shakin th' abused charity outta ya fer them infos~"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm » It folds its' spindly arms and sits in Slay's lap, grumbling and making noises that sound vaguely reminiscent to a kitten purring, except more rumbly
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm » Not yet, but we're keeping the option.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm » Scroll Imp: *EPIC POUTING!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm » Well, I'll give everyone a chance to speak up, but otherwise it seems like the Imp isn't getting what it wants.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm » Oddmund: Well, I say we wait then. *to the imp* Feller, its still not bein shipped tuh bootlick central. I;ll rustle yuh up some encylopedias r sumthin.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 pm » Zixin isn't going to let it read the notes unless someone insists.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm » Zixin: *thinks this needs more discussion* *somewhere the scroll imp isn't listening*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm » So you're not going to let it read the notes? Or are you just going to jail it and decide later?
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm » Zixin: *nodnod*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm » Scroll Imp: *Pouts*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm » Oddmund: Weyull, no, iffin its a poor idea, then we maybe shouldnt do it. But its a gauranteed answer. We could always chuck im in th' clink, and decide tummorow.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm » Slays:*not letting go* Stay still. if you get notes you get them here.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 pm » If Slays allows it, the Scroll Imp is going to crawl out of his grip and bounce excitedly since it thinks Odd might be giving it what it wants
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 pm » Zixin: *is reluctant still* Are you sure this is a good idea? *trusts Odd* Scroll Imps have certain behavior patterns...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 pm » Oddmund: Sheeyeesh, last time I seen a feller in a state like this, it wus over... well, actualy it wus over chilli flakes, come tuh think.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 pm » " Notes!Notes!" The demon jiggles its arms excitedly like a toddler insisting on candy
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm » Oddmund tilts his head. "He sayin' hell sing if we let him read them tharr notes... is seems like all he wants.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm » Zixin: *meep* B-but what if this is the information he was supposed to find out?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm » (Woo! Go Odd!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm » (Bartering time?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm » (Achievement unlocked: Calm down a hostile witness!)
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 pm » (Heh, I wanna see Slays be Good Cop)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 pm » Ok... Odd, the imp seems to relax a bit more after you talk to it like that. " PromiseIcanreadthenotesandIwillanswerthreeofyourquestions!" it points a spindly arm at the notes Zixin is holding.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm » ((I feel like good cop/bad cop is the natural symbiotic relationship of Oddmund and Slays.))
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 pm » 3,6,5,1,10, 2,7,7,4 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm » Oddmund is crouched on his ankls, and waves a hand a little. "I like it here n creation. Its solid, and firm in space, and hardly anyones llowed tuh just setcha on fire or turn yuh to a kittin r somethin. And I bet you like it here too, right? Betterin where you came from. There might just be nuh reason fer us to see you along to anywhere else, iffin yah could help us out with whats been goin on. Givin infermation, yeah? S yer job.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm » Zixin: *back to holding the notes tightly and watching the imp* *meep not accomplishing much with imp*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 pm » It's a reasonable assumption that whoever made this ring made it deliberately for someone else
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 pm » Zixin? You're a bit more lucky, as the check you asked to make was a bit easier. You can tell the ring was definately specialty made... it's just made out of brass, but the etching on it was done by hand, rather than mass produced.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:54 pm » But you're quite sure you know how an Immaculate would banish them, either peacefully and nonviolently, or violently.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:54 pm » Ok... Slays? Your training involving demons has been all through the Immaculate Order, and largely concerns how to DISMISS or BANISH them. You haven't really much of a clue about how to summon them or how to discover what the conditions for their summon are.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 pm » Tinker, you can also do that
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 pm » Zixin: *distracted by coughing again*
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 pm » 1 success for slays too.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 pm » (pfff, 1 success on the int + craft (fire) check)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm » I'd like to make a charisma and presence check for Oddmund to put the demon at ease.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm » And I hadn't considered that, Kate! Yes, you can make an int + craft (fire) OR craft (air) check'
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm » Oh! Sure, yeah, you can make it
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm » (speaking of the ring, can I do int + craft (fire) or craft (air) to see if it's the sort of thing that's a specialty make/has rare materials/would have been mass-produced or something?)
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm » no, for asking about summoning conditions
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm » Intelligence + Occult? For what? The ring?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm » maybe.... int + occult Z?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm » Oddmund: Ah'm half hinged. *smiles a winde grin, and winks* Nah worry, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm » The Scroll Imp seems rather... nervous.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm » Zixin: *back to looking at the imp* ...Slays do you know how to ask about summoning conditions?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm » Oddmund: Ah have no quarrel witcha, lil' servant. Did th' docter keep ya alright? Tain no good of a man whos kind to the servants what folks see and aint to them what aint seen
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm » Scroll Imp: You'redifferent.Notmortal.Youraurafeelsunhinged...
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm » Zixin: *is not really the most focused right now*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm » Oddmund: *sets his fist on his open palm, and makes a very short bow* Ahum a childer of Creation.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm » (botch)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm » Okay.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm » Then to Rain, and then to Mikan
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm » Ok. We'll deal with Odd, Zixin, Slays, and the Imp first, since I started that.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm » Mikan: *sits by the cook* Feeling okay?
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm » Rain see Mikan checking on the cook(That's what you said, right, Geneve?), so she'll go check on the maid, since Zixin, Oddmund, and Slays are all with the imp.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm » Zixin, make either a Bureaucracy + Intelligence or Investigation + Intelligence check
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm » The Scroll Imp: *Looks at Odd* Whatareyou?
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm » Zixin: *peers at the ring* ?
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm » Ring:*shows a pouncing bear alnog with the words "member #44352"*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 pm » Oddmund: ...*pokes the demon* Hallo, lil sun of th' Green Circles anna city uh bronze. Yuh been fed fer a while?
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 pm » Slays: I did find something odd. *holds up a ring he found in the basement*
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 pm » Rain: *sighes* But for now, we need to talk to the otehr servants.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 pm » @Geneve: The cook is walking up now, stirring. Also, and no one to my knowledge was talking to the maid
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 pm » Rain: Plus, GokGok was grumbling about people destroying things, or maybe setting fires?, and making more work for him. We'll want to check on that, see if there have been other suspcious cases of arson. And I know, Oddmund, I'm not saying the doctor did anything like that-I'm just keeping it in mind.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 pm » Oddmund bows respectfuly to close that speach, and straightens up. "Anyone ah should be pokin fer infermatin?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm » Oddmund: If we find out more asuin the story- case continues, we'll report it as fairuh.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm » Oddmund: There isn' any real evidence' sayin any foul play wus in order of the docter. My daddy would pick things part, but that aint a crime. Right now, we gotta solve usin this murder, not fan th' flames uh suspicion.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:37 pm » Mikan was going to go check on the cook, I think. Was somebody already talking to the maid?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:37 pm » Oddmund takes a deeeeep breath, and calms his NERVES gauge.
chicgeek « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm » Rain: Even the people who praise him as a healer said he was creepy. And if he'd pay acrobats and such so he could take notes....I hate to say it, but he may have thought a homeless person or two wouldn't have been missed.
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm » Zixin: *not letting it read his notes!* *at least Slays is making it behave*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm » => Zixen and Slays: Fail to Interrogate Imp
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm » ...:3
Kate « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm » Zixin is sitting by the Scroll Imp, guarding his notes from it and failing to interrogating with Slays.
Demothesis « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm » all I had was that there was a scroll demon that had been summoned to help Rokun in his work, but Slays isn't much of an interrogator...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 pm » But you get me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 pm » .....And breaking tag links.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 pm » And Oddmund is [b]bordering a panic attack{/b]
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 pm » So.... do you want to continue doing any interviews? Or do you feel you've gotten enough info on the situation?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 pm » It's also worth noting that Rain now owes Gokgok the Pavement Elemental a Ruby.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm » Alright. Just a quick recap before we begin: The group had just, with the aid of villagers they roused, put out a burning building and investigated the premises. In doing so, they saved the lives of several people but at the same time discovered the murdered body of a Dynast of house V'neef, named Rokun V'neef. The reason for his death, or the destruction of his house are both unknown! When we last left off, the group was investigating the people that had been involved in the house fire, starting with Auntie, an elderly yet fiesty woman housekeeper, and then some of the people who lived near the V'neef household. These two interviews brought up a few details, mainly that Rokun V'neef frequently had guests and was fascinated with the human body and how the bodies of other creatures differed from it, and also that A man wearing a blue and white Oni mask was seen leaving the house from the kitchen entrance. Also noted was that a homeless boy was seen staring at the house fire for some reason. As of yet, the group also has the Maid and the Dynast's Scroll Imp to talk to if they so choose, and you all can also talk to the young Cook if you're willing to wait for him to wake up. There's also the Book the maid gave Mikan for safekeeping, and someone else may have found another clue or two in private if they think back...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm » *Takes his DM's Hat off of Momo and puts it on his head*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm » I'd rather he be here, but we've still got the interviews to wrap up and stuff.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm » Ok. With Wally AFK, for the sake of doing a bit, I'm going to start now.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 am » Aaaand that's it for tonight unless someone has anything more pressing
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 am » He nods. ""I must be going now. The guards at the doors will show you out once you're ready to leave."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 am » Oddmund: Unusual title... well, maybe he kin help us with some questions.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 am » ""If you ever meet him, he knows more about the city than anyone I know, and he's always been helpful to the Deva line. "
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 am » He nods. ""Desmond. The self-proclaimed God of Pride. He's been in the city as long as I can remember, and he's been up at the Summit itself keeping everyone's tempers down."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 am » Oddmund: Oh?
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 am » .
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 am » Zixin: *needs to learn to not vocalize thoughts*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 am » Hong Sho: "I trust in myself and those in my employ. Not gods. Although there is one god who has consistantly helped the city."
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 am » Zixin: ... *meeeep being stared at* *meep meep meep*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 am » Hong Sho: *Turning to stare at Zixin* You can. And sometimes they even bother to care.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 am » Oddmund: ... *smiles* Good answer. *writes something down breifly, and hands it to him* Let me know if theres anythin I cin do for ya.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 am » Zixin: *very quietly* ...can't you speak to Dragon-Bloods directly?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 am » Hong Sho shrugs. ""I can't say I'm tremendously impressed with any god, myself. If there were a powerful Sun God like in the ancient stories, he's certainly never seemed to spring to any of his follower's defense. I suppose I follow the Dragons, but I have little use for entities who I can't speak to directly." He bows to Oddmund. ""I live to serve the city, Oddmund, and I will continue to. "
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:20 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:20 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am » ?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am » Oddmund: Well, sides from the paper, thass all for now... oh, and one last thing. *smiles* Whats your religion, outta curiosity
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am » Zixin: *thinks the Unconqured Sun is scary*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » Oddmund: *nods* Oooh, th' Unconqured Sun! Mah daddy used tuh talk bout him. Tall feller, I guess. Still worth lookin at. Th left hand dunno what the rights doin.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » (it's ok)
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » (agh. well, you know what I mean)
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » "Not everyone hates him, however. The Immaculate Order, in my opinion, was just angry... they were investigating the existance of some "Sun God Cult" within the city, going over our own city guard's heads in their pursuit."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » (...Somehow, it seems appropriate)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » Oddnund: ...hm. Well, thank you. I might have tuh ask you for details again at some point. I;d like to shake your hand, and tel yuh if any of th dukes supporters mutter about 'evil vizers' they can kindly talk it out tuh me and th' cane. *to Zix* Doncha worry about it, hon. Maybe y'all could find me a history bout th' manse discovery on th' isle, an then we;ll scoot.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am » *Zixin: [size = 50] It wasn't important after all... sorry for wasting time. [/size]
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am » .
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am » (...oops. I forgot that size is 'pixels' and not 'font')
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am » (I'm sorry for falling asleep everyone)
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am » Zixin: It wasn't important after all... sorry for wasting time.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 am » (Yeah, we're ending it prettty soon. After this conversation, in fact)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 am » (Ppffhhf its late even on the west coast)
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am » (He says opium, and you think of Peri? ^-^)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am » Peri: *whistles* So, th criminals *and* the preists.. hard damn cheese...
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am » He thinks. "We've had to step up the guard since THAT ruling. And of course there were suspicions that his brother was murdered, which are of course baseless suspicions after the investigation we made after the last King's last days."
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 am » Slays: Anyone attempting to take his life for that hasn't read the texts. *blunt*
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 am » Zixin: *puts the book back and goes to stand next to Oddmund*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 am » He folds his arms. "You weren't here for this, but recently he made the decision to allow the veneration of any gods within the city. The Immacualte Order's monks openly protested for a week after that, and many people felt he made an enemy of the whole order for encouraging deviency from the True Worship of the Dragons. There have been several attempts on his life in the past few years since he banned the sale or use of Opium in the city as well.
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am » Oddmund: *nods* 'Everyone in the city' isnt a small pool tuh question.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am » He thinks. "His greatest enemy? The people. It's no secret he's an unpopular ruler, Master Oddmund. Plenty of them would love to see his neice on the throne years before she's legally an adult. Or anyone other than him, really. If you're asking about specifics, though..."
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am » Zixin: *reading a book*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:06 am » Oddmund tips his helmet to him a little, smiling. "Thats about it, honestly... just uh, straight skinny with me. Does the Duke have any *specific* enemies, righ now? Or anyone pushin him bout the feller what died?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:05 am » "I'll... be sure to pass that along" Oddmund notes that there actually ARE small burn marks on his robes. " We were going to have the Captain of the Guard instruct her in swordplay, but if she knows you're offering... I'm sure she'd jump at it. I'll let her know. Is there anything else you need, or may I go?"
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 am » Slays: *listening and being an unobtrusive shadow pretty much*
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 am » Zixin: *going through the books*
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am » Oddmund frowns. "Shes still just a kid... I mean, I had to learn a lot by then, but thass different. Sheeyoot. Well. let her know. An tell her I'll scold her if she explodes somethin, or sets yer robes on fire. its a chea joke."
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am » "She's taken well to exorcism, but she has no patience for studying and refuses to let me instuct her in the forms and styles of elemental summoning for longer than a few minutes. I think she might like fencing, when she has time. There's a lot she has to learn rather quickly, however.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am » Oddmund whistles. "Oooohhh. Well, let her know m' here, okay? I'm gonna be sure n come t' see her. Maybe she can learn fenvcin~"
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 am » He bows. " I trust this is acceptible?" At Odd's question, he frowns. "It's been fairly humdrum. Nothing tremendously interesting, save that I've been asked to instruct the Princess in the Thaumaturgical arts. This has... not gone well.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:58 am » Oddmund whistles, looking around. "Oh yeaaaah, last time I wus in here, I was doin cartwheels. So hows the job been?"
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 am » He nods, walking past you and out the other door of the recieving room. "Of course. Right this way, behind me." He leads the three of you down a few halls, past severla guards and a lot of people coming and going. Finally, you reach a smalll, subdued, at least compared to the ruined on in the burning house's basement, archive of books. There's only about 12 bookshelves filled with books, but it's more than most libraries
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 am » Zixin: *tries to look small and unintimidating*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:55 am » Oddmund nods. "My research and tech man needs to look something up"
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 am » *oddmund
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am » The Vizier stares at the three of you. " Let's see... the library, correct?"
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am » Zixin: *hurries after Slays and Oddmund*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am » And with that, he turns and follows the flanking guards out.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am » Mishu: I trust your instinct, Oddmund. Find proof of what's going on and I'll be happy to act on it as best we can.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 am » Slays:*follows Slays*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am » Oddmund nods, putting his helmet back on. "Yesser. I wish i was just here to do tumbles for the lil' un again. We'll see to the truth of the matters worked to... I just gotta say, my persnal opinion.... someones beins et up to take a fall. Cant figger on who." he bows, and nods to Slays and Zixin.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am » Zixin: *looks around the room for any interesting manufactured goods to serve as a distraction from eep*
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am » Duke Mishu sighs. "Duty calls. Oddmund, I'll have Hong Sho lead you and your friends to a library, and he'll make sure the paperwork's in order to allow you unrestricted access to investigate that Demanse, and offer any other aid you can think of. Is that acceptible?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 am » Oddmund: Thass fine, sir. I was just makin' sure the Duke was aware of th' finer points of the situation. I wouldnta interrupted, just turns out there was some... sensitive details."
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 am » Slays:*keeping an eye on the guard and the vizer...*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 am » Hong Sho: Running myself as sleepless as you are keeping the day to day affairs of the castle in order while the Duke is busy. My apologies, Oddmund, for my tone." He bows back. "I would not think to intrude otherwise except that this cannot be delayed."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 am » .
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am » Zixin: *nervous fidgeting!*
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am » Slays: *examines the vizier momentarilly*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am » Oddmund: Awww, yanno. Botherin' th' pfficials in charge a hings bout sensitive case details. Just mah little hobby. How ya doin', honorable Sho. *bows half way*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:44 am » The Duke sighs.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:44 am » He smiles at Oddmund. "I'm sorry. I believed we were employing "ya'll" to resolve these matters so they didn't distract from matters of state.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am » Oddmund: *smiles~!* Oops, that was a poor actorin' bumpkins slip a th' toung. Y'all know how it is. Woken up by a fire alarm, not a lot fo sleep~
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am » Zixin: *meep grumpy person*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am » Oddmund, you've met this man before... Hong Sho, the Vizier of Storm's Break, assistant to the Duke.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am » Oddmund: *politics* Ah'm sorry, Ah wasnt aware anyone in this castle considered murder a frivolus distraction.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am » "Lord Duke, if you're done with this frivolous distraction, the envoy from Sijan is requesting you be there to moderate a dispute between themselves and the envoy from Thorns..."
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am » The door opens to reveal a long black-haired man wearing green robes, with a scowl on his face.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am » Oddmund: *door opening! Man, this better not be politics*
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am » Alright... for the moment, we're switching back to Slays, Oddmund, and Zixin
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am » He exchanges the ruby for your dinars.
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am » Misa: *chuckles*
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:39 am » Rain: I'm starving mine, too, paying this. *smiles* Pleasure doing business with you.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am » He frowns. "Fine. But know that you're starving my kids."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am » Rain: One fifty. And that's my final offer.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 am » He thinks. "Two hundred."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:36 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:36 am » Rain: It's small, and whoever cut it made a botch of it. I'd have to get it recut, and reset into something suitable. One twenty five.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am » He narrows his eyes. "The ruby's the most valuable part of the whole thing. Three hundred."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 am » Rain: Four hundred? As poorly cut as the stone is? Now, with the necklace, and for a high quality stone...it'd still be too much. I'd go...oh, a hundred on it.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 am » "Oh, I meant Dinar."
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 am » He looks at Rain. "Ah... recent buy of mine. I can't quite vouch for it's quality... I'd say four hundred shekels for the ruby by itself."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 am » Misa: Just figured I'd keep an ear out.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 am » He thinks. "I think I heard that some people in the Guild were looking for a book of that name, but if there's not a buyer already, I'd have little interest in it."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 am » Rain: *looks it over* Not something I'd wear on duty. *fingers the ruby* Setting's loose. How much?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 am » Chen pauses and thinks for a moment. "Hm? Is that a story, Misa? I don't deal in books..."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 am » Misa: Out of curiousity... have you heard about 'On the Nature of Spirits'? Or anyone looking for it?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:27 am » Rain, the ruby's actually LOOSE on this. As if it's been taken out and put back in several times. Somehow
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am » He nods. "Of course, miss. I offer quality in all my wares. Regardless of how they're.. obtained."
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am » Rain: Mm. It's a start. *turns her attention to the necklace he w as polishing* Can I take a look at that? *idly*
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:25 am » Misa nods.
Demothesis « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:25 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 am » Chen: I'm not a member! I have no idea. They're underground, though. No formal hall or organization that I know of. The rumors I've heard just say they respect strength, though. Maybe as a blacksmith or a prize fighter or something?
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 am » Misa: *idly leafs through wares*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am » Shiny junk, but still just mundane jewelry
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am » Nope! Sorry Chic. It all looks like Junk to rain
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am » 1d6=4, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=3 I can't roll for crap tonight.
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 am » Misa: Ahh, okay... Where might I find them?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 am » Rain, make a Wits + Awareness check if you're going thorugh his wares.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am » Rain:*idly looking at the items on display*
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am » Chen laughs. "This is a Clan ring! For the Clan of the Angry Cougars... formerly the Brotherhood of the Angry Cougars, until a few years back when a lady with extreme punching experience caused a bit of an upheval in their ranks. Since then they've let anyone in. They're a sort of underground club in the city. Men and women join to talk tough and flex their muscles."
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 am » Misa: No, we... well, we found it. What's it a membership for?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 am » "Misa... don't tell me you're a member? Down on your luck and looking to huck the ring? Or is it your friend? I wouldn't have thought her the type any more than you."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 am » Rain: Oh?
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am » (I'm pretty sure it's rain)
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am » He looks over at the ring, then gets out an eyepiece and scans it. "Hm... copper make, impurities in the metal... still probably worth something, but only a pittance... except that no one would pay for it save for the base materials. Owning this ring without earning it is rather irritating to the wrong people, i'm afraid."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 am » Rain: *casually hands over the ring* (don't know which of us has it)
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 am » Rain: *smiles* And whatever you can tell us about it.
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 am » Misa: *chuckles* Well, we'll see. Rain?
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am » "And if you want, I can take it off your hands!
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am » He gives a smile far too wide for any normal person. "Of course, my dear! I'll just give whatever you've got a quick peek and I can tell you more about how much it's worth."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 am » Misa: So... could we get you to look over something? As a favor? I'm pretty sure I've still got one owed, at least...
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 am » Misa: Hello.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 am » Alright. Chen's behind a counter, looking at a necklace he's polishing, a guady piece with a poorly cut ruby set into it. He looks up. "Is that... Misa? Hello, dear..."
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 am » Misa: *continues in*
Jane Narbon « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am » I think so.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am » With that odd interlude set aside, are you continuing to the pawn shop?
Kate « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am » Misa: *chuckles* Probably.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am » Rain: ...We're going to have every two bit thug with dreams of advarice after us. Yep, the investigation's getting interesting.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am » Rain: I do believe she meant the term 'mercenaries' unkindly. *mild tone*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 am » She frowns. "...have a nice day, mercenaries." As she turns and walks off, this time not stopping
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 am » Misa: *is direct*
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 am » Misa: Referring to your lying, of course.
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 am » Rain: We'll keep our eyes open.
Wallycaine « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 am » Misa chuckles. "Well, thanks again. I do appreciate the fiction to pass the time."
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 am » She laughs. "Hah! Yes, I imagine it does."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am » Rain: *smiles* The book, I mean.
Professor Zobot « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am » She tilts her head. "That's not for me to know."
chicgeek « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am » Rain: Must have a heck of a plot.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 pm » "or woman, as the case would be."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 pm » She turns around to face you both again, a bit more frusterated. "...fine. I work for Boss Teipi, of the Guild. He has expressed an interest in obtaining this book for matters regarding the day to day operations in the city. I don't know why, merely that he will make whoever brings it to him a wealthy man."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:58 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:58 pm » Rain: *nods, casually*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:57 pm » Misa shrugs. "That would require that I had it. I might look a little harder for it, though."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm » "And if I did tell you... would you give it to me?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm » She stops
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm » Misa: *smiles blandly*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm » Misa: Good day. Feel free to tell us why you're really after it any time.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm » "I think I'll have to speak with them, then. Good day, mercenaries."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 pm » She doesn't respond, just smiles. But, Misa... you notice when she said her reason earlier, she flinched a bit.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 pm » *clueless*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 pm » BBCode 1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=3
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 pm » Seven successes.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm » 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=2
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm » Misa: ...Really? Enough of a reason to track down everybody who helped out and asked?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm » Rain, you can make one too
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm » Misa, make a wits + awareness check.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 pm » Rain : You might want to check with whoever is managing his estate. *innocently*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 pm » She looks at Misa pointedly. "As I said, it's valuable to scholars and collectors. That's enough of a reason."
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm » Misa: That said, I have to ask why you... I mean your employer wants it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm » She sighs. "A shame. I guess it must have been consumed in the fire, then. Ah well. IF you discover it in your investigations, it's quite valuable to the right people. And my employer would be willing ot buy it first, no questions asked. Interested?"
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm » The lady smiles. "*IS* it bribery? If you haven't seen it, then there's nothing for me to offer you.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm » Rain: I'm not much of one for old books. Well, the Adventures of Inspecter Tao are kinda fun...
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm » Misa: *shrugs* I don't remember seeing anythign like that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 pm » ????: An old tome, "On the Nature of Spirits", written just after the downfall of the First Age.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 pm » Rain: Tisk, tisk. Attempted bribery. There just might be a law against that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 pm » ????: And you're guards... if you could help me obtain it, my employer would reward you all handsomely.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm » Misa: What kinda thing? And why's he want it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm » ????: *Sighs* May as well cut to the chase. I represent a collector who is looking to buy something from the late Dynast.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm » (Alright)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 pm » (Ok, due to some issues I'm stepping in and running the character)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 pm » Misa: *looks suspiciously* Mighty specific rumors you've got there.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:41 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:41 pm » ????: And also some items, if I've heard the rumors right.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:41 pm » Rain: What with the dark, the rain, and all the smoke. *humorless smile* What's on your mind?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:41 pm » ????: *laughs a little* I've never seen you in my life. That was a guess. Looks like I'm right, hey? And congratulations are the least I can offer. I understand you managed to rescue some poor souls.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm » Rain: *eyebrow lift* You saw more than just smoke if you recognize us.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 pm » Misa: *looks carefully* ...And you just figured you'd chat us up?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 pm » Okay, instead, she says "Oh, are you the guards from the fire? I saw the smoke. Just terrible."
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm » /Oh whoops./
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm » (Hm. I missed that. Ok, rewind)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm » Earlier I said-" (Sure, but she'll tuck it away in a pouch or backpack or something, so she's carrying it without it being visible)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 pm » (The part of this NPC played by Sarah)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 pm » She nods to the book under Rain's arm. "What's that you've got there?"
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 pm » The starer is a shortish woman, tanned, with brown hair tied into a ponytail. Her clothing is plain and she's wearing sandals. She gives them a warm smile. "Hello. Sorry to bother you."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm » (Hold on a moment. Setting this up)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm » (anybody we recognize?)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm » Rain: *looks*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm » Misa: ...Whatchu looking at?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm » However, nearby the pawn shop, you hear a whistling from a nearby alleyway. There's someone standing just outside it, staring at all of you
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 pm » Alright. Misa... you lead them to a pawn shop run by a guy, Chen Sak, that you know as "Cheap Chen", who deals with jewelry pretty specifically.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 pm » Two successes
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 pm » 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=3
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 pm » You know of many people, and this will help you find someone who might know something specific about the ring
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 pm » Alright. Misa, roll your Investigation + Wits check, and add your Contacts to it plus any relevant specialties.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 pm » Alright. So Misa might have something? how are you going to go about that
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 pm » Misa: *leads the two towards a location near the docks, to what appears to be a pawn shop*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 pm » Misa: *nods* That makes sense.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 pm » Rain: Good a place as any to start.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 pm » Rain: Misa, you said you have 'contacts'?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 pm » Misa: So... investigating this ring, eh? I think I might know a guy...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » What are you guys going to do first.]
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » Back at the Guard House. In the past.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » Ok... we're now Rain, Misa, and Mikan.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » There's another, louder knock on the door, as it opens and then suddenly we're the other group.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm » Oddmund looks down. "...if thats the case I'd appreciate a tolken of police authority from yeh, sos we can investigate wi' authorrity."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm » Oddmund holds up his hands. "Sirr, he wus bloody. Splain to me how a man dies by accident in a burnin house, but not from burnin, and bloody like? It might well be, but... we can ensure this doesnt spread around, iffin thats whats needed."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm » "That's... unusual. Any manse or potential manse in the city is supposed to be properly registerd. I only knew of three in the whole city. Well, four now." At the mention of a murderer, he frowns. "I expected that, but the reports I heard didn't mention any murderer. Still, a man with polticial significance rarely dies on accident." He folds his arms. "If the detail that his death was a muder gets out without a definate killer found, this could be very bad."
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm » "...theres no definitie person we know mughtuh done it, time of death difficult t ascertain, but its not unresonable tuh assume th' fiir was related..."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm » He blinks.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm » "Fer starters, th' descease had a Demanse..." Oddmund will recount the events of the night of the fire, and the murder scene as they found it- asking Zix and Slays for details here and there.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 pm » "You have my attention... tell me about the situation."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm » "Very well. I appreciate it, Odd."
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 pm » The Duke nods.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 pm » Oddmund waves a hand. "Ahm just hrr to deliver up th' details. Ah feel there might be facters that wont be reported accur'ty, and we were th' first resonders."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm » At this there's a knock on the door behind the Duke.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm » The Duke's smile breaks into a scowl. "Ah yes... the matter of the deceased Dynast". The word is dripping with venom. "If it were up to me, I'd simply tell the complaining lapdo- Diplomats from the Empress' throne to fish up a tree, but it's my responsiblity to ensure that justice is meted out within my city. If I can, I promise I will offer my assistance to your investigation. Your friend Zixin can certainly use the private library for as long as he wants. What else would you need?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm » Slays:*keeping an eye on that one guard*
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 pm » Zixin: *making a crude bracelet because nerves*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:06 pm » (back!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 pm » ((Please, excuse me a sec while I brb!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 pm » "But I need tuh discuss with ya th matter uh th recent murdr case, accusin I think its of some import. An also my friend hrr, Zixin, is in need of a library, if thats possible." he beams, smiling about the news of the princess. "Well, no should be rushin a child out of childhood. Maybe slays could teach hrr a little. He wus a monk fer a time."
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm » Zixin: *fidgets, fiddling with some small pieces of metal that were in his pocket*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm » "But I apologize, I can't stay for long. What business do you have with me?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm » 'He laughs. "Half the people in the castle certainly seem to believe so! Myself included. The other half seem to feel she acts far younger than she should. Vizier Hong and her martial arts instructor both are quite fed up with her, it seems."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm » Slays: ...*looks back to the duke when Odd steps in*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm » Slays:*simply stares the guard down, unmoving.*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm » Oddmund is going to casualy step to the side, between Slays and the gaurd. "Ah have every intention of makin time t' see her. I hear shes all up in grown now, since I bin here last. "
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 pm » One of the guards is looking at Slays strangely for a while, and seems to be inching closer to him as the conversation goes on. (One moment. As Mishu's a plot relevant character, I'm giving him a new text color more fitting) "Ah, excellent. Have you said hello to Fujio yet? If she finds out you've visited without seeing her she'll just sneak out and try to find you. I humbly ask you help me avoid the stress that would cause."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm » He gestures to the side. "These here is my compatriots, and workin under me while ahm temprerrily of a Sargental nature. Zixin, an Slays. Both fine an trustworthy. i regret this aint entierly a social visit."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm » ,
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm » Oddmund hopfs forward, and land in a little sweeping bow, leaning on his cane to keep stable. "Hullo, Your Lordship!" he straightens up. "Fit an fiery, sur! Sellin packed crounds out 'long the coast this time uh year. I regret tuh say they aint accompanyin me- I somehow found good honest work with th' Contessas brigade, whats been brought in recently."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm » Slays:*bows respectfully to the duke and casually watches the guards*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 pm » The guards fan out through the room, all making sure to cover each point where danger could come from. The Duke is smiling warmly. "Oddmund, it's a pleasure to see you again. How is your mother and her troupe?"
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 pm » Zixin: *squeak*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:55 pm » Eventually, the double doors on the other end of the room open, and four guards lead a man inside. Tall, with short cropped black hair that has begun to gray, standing there in flowing robes and with a sheathed katana at his side, stands the brown-eyed Duke Mishu Deva, current ruler of the City-State of Storm's Watch.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 pm » Zixin: *admires the architecture*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 pm » Slays:*is used to manses. tends to find them relaxing*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm » the guard, Mer, leads you in, and then gets another guard to take you to a receieving room as he runs off to rouse the duke
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm » Oddmund reacts faintly to the uptake in essence, mostly his tail fur poufs out into a fluffy red sheep pouf.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm » Zixin: *following Odd and Slays*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm » Inside the castle enters into a large lavish courtyard filled with lots of greenery. There's trees and plants and bushes, all elegantly trimmed, everywhere. There's also a small waterfall leading into a tranquil koi pond. All three of you actually feel a similar sensation... a buzzing, the feeling of Essence flowing. This place is a Manse, like the Demanse you all witnessed before in the house.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm » Odd walks in through the gates with his head held up high, leaning on his cane and making sure Zixin doesnt panic.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm » Slays: *follows Odd in. wearing his bell as usual*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm » Alright. The guards wave to another guard at the top of the walls, who gives the signal that allows the gates to open for the three of you.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm » Odd waves his friends in, and tips his helmet to the gaurds.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm » Slays:*was going to come with Odd, explicit permission or no.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:50 pm » "Yeah, sure. Mer, you called him weird, you go get the Duke. I'll stand guard here and... guard."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:50 pm » "To th' Duke, please. Tell him Lil' Odds come by t lend a lil hand~"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm » Oddmund uses his cane to poke the gaurd. "And please give leave fer my companions to companies."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm » "Mort, shut up. Look, we'll get a runner to take a message for you ahead. To who?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm » "A message? I could try using quantum entanglement to-"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm » Oddmund laughs, and hops back down to the ground. "Nuh worries, fellers! And I do have funny ears, true nuff. Thats ergant Oddmund tuh ya, all the same, and I'd like someone tuh send a message on 'head for us, iffin ya please~"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm » "Gah! Sorry, I dind't mean to point out your ears! Ok, I'll open the door! Just, um, don't tell the captain about this, ok?"
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm » Zixin: *confused*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm » "Mer, stop that! You'll get us in trouble agian!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm » "Didn't mean to give you the run-around, weird ears!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm » "Ack! Gah, sorry! Sorry!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm » Ok. At this, the eyes you can't see with their helmets on widen.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm » ( :) )
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm » Oddmund steps forward, grabs the barrier, and does a sudden hand stand on it, holding out something on a chain with his one free hand, cane in his tail. "Th Crest Uh th Duke, Gendtlefolks~"
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm » (These two guards are actually two of my favorite characters from the last campaign, where they gave Fuzzy and Inspector Tao a hard time in Thorns before the invasion. I kind of wanted to import them so I could have them dicker about science again)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 pm » "Well, I wouldn't if any one of them were making sense since then!"
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 pm » Slays:*after Odd speaks* Demon Slays Demons. I'm with Oddmund. *matter of fact.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 pm » "Gah! Ever since we escaped Thorns you've been such a downer! I can't believe you'd dismiss ALL of my theories like that."
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 pm » Zixin: *meep*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 pm » Oddmund stops short, and raises his helmet up. "I'm herrr on the services uh the Contessas own patrol, an usin mah own persinal permanent invitation tuh see th' Duke an th' Lil Princess."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 pm » "Oh posh. You also think that there's some force that pulls people down when we jump but not one that drives the charge in a circuit." None of you hvae any idea what a circuit is. Except possibly Zixin
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 pm » "Wait, Mort. I think I recognise the one with the weird ears."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 pm » (Lookin good!)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm » (Nice!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm » (That awesome image that last post links to was drawn by our own Sarah)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm » (Actually, they're seemingly crazy enough to believe that all matter in existance is made up of tiny strings and are arguing about the math of it. But that's insane, since obviously the Gods created the world)
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm » Zixin: *don't hide behind Slays... hiding behind Slays is not an appropriate action*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm » One of them looks at the three of you. "Halt! Please state your names and reasons for entry!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm » "Coooo-eee! Hows it goin thurr, personages~"
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Slays: *stops a couple of feet behind Odd, looking around for anything out of place*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm » (Let me guess... it involves the string suspended from the giant turtle that supports the world)
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm » (does the contessa have a symbol? because Slays probably has a marker of that on his cloak at least)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Oddmund marches up to te cates with a big wide smile, and puts his fingers between his teeth- producing a sharp, birdlike whistle*
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm » Zixin: *following Oddmund*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm » (No. :-p)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm » (are they playing cat's cradle?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm » As you approach the gates, there's two of them standing outside the portcullis, arguing about something called "String Theory", which makes no sense to anyone.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm » As the three of you travel, you start to notice something. The closer you get to the castle, the more armored men, each wearing a black tabard with the image of Hesiesh, the Immaculate Dragon of Fire, on it. You've all seen them before, this is the symbol of the Duke of Storm's Break, and they're the Proper City Watch.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm » *nods* He remembers that much.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:35 pm » Alright. Oddmund knows the city pretty well so the three of you make a beeline towards the Castle, where the Duke spends most of his time..
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 pm » Zixin: *...but might ask one of the Duke's aids for help if he can't find it*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 pm » *nods*
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 pm » Zixin: *only wants to look one thing up*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » Makes sense
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » I figure if the Duke thing doesnt take too long, they can always double around to heck on the homeless kid, and that mysterious figure.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » righto
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » *nods* Good with me.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm » If so, we'll start with Oddmund and Zixin and Slays, since that'll be a bit faster as they've got only one destination, not multiple ones
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Ok. Oddmund's proposed that he, Zixin, and Slays go to see the Duke, while Misa, Rain, and Mikan look into the ring, the house, the fmaily, and the orphan kid. Also, rain investigate local gods. Is everyone cool wiht that arrangement?
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Slays: *is making sure his gear is properly in place. less trying to look impressive and more competant. important for interacting with any guards.*
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 pm » Zixin: *will look at the book more later if no one else is working on it*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 pm » Scroll Imp: *It's anyone's bet whether it'll break a tooth or scratch the safe first*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:30 pm » Scroll Imp: *Trying to chew it's way out of the safe*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:30 pm » Rain: *nods*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:29 pm » (can't put it in the safe, it's full of little demon^^)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm » (Sure, but she'll tuck it away in a pouch or backpack or something, so she's carrying it without it being visible)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm » Oddmund: How bout its me, Zix, an' Slays to the palace, less anyone specific'ly wants tuh come. You guys, check the ring with a jeweler, and check the house, and the family, and follow up bout that kid. Rain, ahd specificaly like you to check up with local gods- if he was investigatin them, they might know this doc.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm » (is Rain going to take the book back from Zixin?)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm » Rain: I will.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm » Misa: I can check up on the ring, too, see if anybody recognizes it... Who wants to go with me?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund: *nods* ... wi all my greatest love ferr allaa ya, ussin what canvasses the street should be our more generrally easy tuh tal to sorts. *smiles*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm » Rain: So, maybe you could go with Oddmund, Zixin? Sounds like you might get to look at the library there?
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm » Slays:*hands the ring off to whoever's checking on that. he's no good at complicated converrsations including questioning in this region*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm » Misa: Hmm? Maybe I'll see what I can find out...
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm » (I appreciate the concern, Tinker. Given his background I'm allowing it, I'll nudge you in private if it becomes a problem)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm » Oddmund: Ah could see iffin the library at the Dukes would be available rr use.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm » Zixin: *offers the book back to Rain* ...can I still go to a library? I don't know if it's important or not.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm » ((Let me know if Oddmund sayng things are a 'storyline' sometimes is annoying- I'm using it as a Raksha affectation, from his perspective its not really 4th wall awareness, ut I don't want it to be jarring.))
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 pm » Rain: Misa, an or[han kid was on a roof acros the way, the neighbors mentioned it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 pm » Oddmund: *holds up his hand, and notes up one finger* Investigatin thuh ring. *second finger* Invetigatin thuh house, and possibleh checkin out thuh relitive. Them thurs both in the main city, and askin around. Ah would propose then that one group investigate Ring House and Populace, while some of us head upin off to th; castle. Smaller groups, but not individuals, lead to a faster bt more progressive storyline. Ah mean, is effective ferr investigations.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm » Misa shrugs. "I could always try asking around... see if anybody saw anything."
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm » Zixin: *book study* It wasn't mass produced like that, so it probably was part of a series.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm » Rain: I think an indepth search of the burned house, but Contesa said that the relative from the Isle, that delagate, had claimed it. But, it's worth a try?
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm » Slays: The ring has a numbering on it. it may be part of a series. Someone could find out if anyone here made it?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm » (Contacts is criminal underworld
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm » Resources 2, Contacts 2
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Oddmund: ...oh, right. *picks up a little temporary Sergants badge* Well, ahm goin to the dukes, and there resources therr, and things tuh be known an all. Does anyone hurr have any *clear* leads they would like tuh forward tuh think of investigatin/
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm » What are Misa's backgrounds, btw?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Misa: Well... want me along? Or is there something else I could be doing?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm » The contessa might want to stop by, because Oddmunds ACTUALLY wearing a clean, mostly unpatched uniform for once.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Rain: Odd, the Commander put you in charge. Any orders?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Anyone else?
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Slays is going with Odd))
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 pm » (pffff)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 pm » (Snerk)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 pm » ((.....as his author, i relinquish any responsability for this accent. its bigger then me now.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Oddmund: *takes his helmet off, and wipes hsi face off with a wet cloth* Just cause some men r corrupt not all men is. Most people r' basicaly okay, maybe a lil selfish. Sounds t me like folks thought he was wierd. Like folks think we're wierd. Tain no charity tuh thinkin it ould go neither ways. Maybe he wus sellin it, maybe he wus currius, maybe he was bound t do somethin terrible wiout nowin. But the fact is, hes dead nao, so whatever he wus doin mayhap someone wanted him ded fer it. Now me, i got to tell folks whut about it, straight from us, nwt through nuh one elses filter.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Er, with the duke
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Ok. So who is going with Oddmund to hobnob with the nob?
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm » Zixin: *frowning at the book*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm » ((<3))
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Just cause some are noble don't mean all are.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm » Rain: It's allright. *smiles* Just my sneaky suspicious brain at work, throwing out worst case senarios.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm » Oddmund: ...sorry rain. I just get riled, cause of my own personal connections, whih may not be ratin'al.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Oddmund: 'Knowledge is fer th betterment of sum knowledge.' Iffin ya asusme a researcher studies whut fer hsi own gain lone, why for does a man study the ocean, or small things, r dirt?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Rain: Don't know that he did, just wild guessing here. *shrugs*
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Zixin: *has tugged the book out of Slays's hands and is looking over it*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Oddmund: Why would he be wantin it fer himself?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm » brb, bio
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm » Misa: ...Creepy, huh? That's not good.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm » Slays:*dressed plainly and functionally. won't be talking anyway.*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 pm » Rain: *to Misa* Because he wants, er wanted, godlike abilities himself? The neighbors all said he was obsessed with how the human body worked, and the best doctor in town, but 'creepy.'
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 pm » Oddmund: *sticks his tounge out* This doctor fella reminds me ah uh ma paw. He was always pokin away at that kinda thing. He wus real innerested in ghosts fer a while. And Im nattin up for he Duke, right? Sure i all dont care much fer statiun, but some things is just po-lite. It wont do t' dishonor th' position by bein impertinen'.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Rain: Got a hot date, Oddmund? *smiles*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Misa: ...They're just plain different. Why's he got to figure it out?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Oddmund: *combing his hair for the first time almost anyone has seen*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Why he wants that knowledge is unknown
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 pm » That seems to be the biggest thing he comes back to. He's not sure how they're different and thinks that if he could get a chance to study a god's body or a god or an elemental, he could learn how their bodies work.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » He seems to have believed that if he could find "The Silver Lining" he could figure out how Gods and Elementals WORK, and ideally study their natures so he could see how they differ from mortals.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » Zixin: *looking at the book text*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » In particular, there's a lot written on one page, referring to an entity he speaks of as "The Silver Lining". He mentions that if the story is correct, it's something in the city, and he is going to have to gather up a group of people ot find it so he can study it
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm » Oddmund has been listening in, asusming this is at the gaurd house, while dressing himself a little more... neatly then people have been used to seeing
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm » You can't really figure out a LOT from the subtext about the actual book itself, except that the book is on the nature of Divine entities and spirits.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm » Rain: Anything about Kien Giang?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm » Misa: ...His notes any good?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm » Rain: *perks up ears*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm » Specifically, it seems to be Akito V'neef, the Master of the house, and his observations about the natures of the various Gods, Spirits, and Elementals listed within the book
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm » Alright. Between Zixin and Slays, you can pretty much translate the comments in the margins
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:02 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm » One moment, then
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm » (Zixin can prooobably translate for people if need be)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:59 pm » But not high relm.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:59 pm » (Misa only knows Riverspeak)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:59 pm » Oddmund knows a few languages, from his nomadic nature.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » *nods8
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » And Misa, and Oddmund, and anyone else
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » Plus, there's Zixin
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » I imagine he also knows enough River Speak to at least be functional outside the isle
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » right. retracting his previous statement then
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » Ok. So he knows how to read and speak High Realm, but most other languages he's pretty clueless in
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm » he has a dot in lore
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm » he doesn't have dots in linguistics, but he has int 2. so he should be able to read his local language?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm » Does Slays have one dot?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm » But I was wrong before... if you don't have one dot in lore you don't typically know how to write and read.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Rain: That little demon could read this...if we promised not to send him back.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Slays is a Bundok, so since he's from a Dynast house he'd probably at least know to speak High Realm.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » (oh, then he knows high realm. he's from one of the major familes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Ok. There's one way to settle this
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Zixin: I can look at it? *holds out a hand for the book*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Rain: Zixin?
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm » (he also might know the language, but not how to read it?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm » (Low Realm is the language most commonly used by the Immaculate monks since it's spoken by eight tenths of the isle)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Not much use for that on the streets...
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm » (Only if he came from a good family. Anyone from a poorer background would only know a few sentences in High Realm, and be fluent in Low Realm)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm » (Hold up, Slays was raised as a child on the isle- he would know High Relm.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm » It goes on like that. The full details are pretty murky
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm » Rain: *nods* Anybody else?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm » "[i]The description of <unrecognisable word> indicates that <unrecognisable word> <unrecognisable word> <unrecognisable word>. I shall have to <unrecognisable word> others and <unrecognisable word> <unrecognisable word> city."
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm » Zixin: ?
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Slays: ...apologies. but no. *didn't learn much reading stuff*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Rain:Hmm.... Slays, you were a monk, can you read this?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 pm » "<unrecognisable word> It seems they <unrecognisable word> <Unrecognisable word> bodies."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm » The notes in the margins, however, are different. They're written in High Realm, which is the language of dynasts and the Blessed Isle's elite. Since she speaks Old Realm, Rain can at least figure out a bit of it.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm » Rain:...drat.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 pm » Ok... Rain can't make heads or tails of it. There are words she can recognise... "Spirits", "Elementals", "Gods", and even some things like "Laws" and "Organs" that all seem to be words she can recognise. As near as she can make out, it's a book that's talking about Godly or Divine entities, but she can't quite understand anything about it
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 pm » Rats. Shame I couldn't yse occult. ^^
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm » (...unfortunate)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm » BBCode 1d6=4, 1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=4
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:48 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm » I'll do lore/int.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm » There are, however, notes written in the blank margins. I'll get to those once we see your results
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm » Ok. Opening the book, Rain can't entirely seem to understand what she's reading. There's pictures of various odd creatures and beings that look like men and women but aren't, in a variety of different ways. However, the text of the book is all... odd. It uses the Old Realm alphabet, but it doesn't seem to make much sense! You'll have to make a Linguistics + Intelligence check, or a harder Lore + Intelligence check
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:46 pm » Is the book in a language she can read?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 pm » Thanks.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm » I'll allow it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Shes the kid of a god, right? Thats reason enough to know OR.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Okay then would you allow her to have Old Realm?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm » it's ok
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Unless she grew up elsewehre
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Sorry, I forgot to do languages when I made her up.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » I think she starts out with it
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Riverspeak is the common language of the scavenger lands.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » As much as I want to give her Old Realm, I don't think I can justify her having it. So, Riverspeak makes sense-unless that's the basic language we have?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:42 pm » Alright. I'll get to Oddmund and whoever is with him right after I resolve Rain's thing
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:42 pm » Well, Oddmund was going to go in to the Palace to talk to the Duke about what happened. Some are coming with him.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm » Three dots in intel, so that's okay.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm » *FYI
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm » If you have less than 2 dots in Intelligence you can speak but it's unlikely you can read, just FTI
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm » You start out speaking the language native to the region you grew up in, as well as since you have one dot, one other language you speak and read fluently
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm » Okay, I have one dot in linguistics. What does that allow me to have?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 pm » @Rain: What languages do you speak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 pm » Oh! Lastly, the testimony of the Aunt indicated that the Master of the house had a problem with one Li Bundok, an Immaculate Monk living in the area. They frequently fought
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 pm » Rain wanted to study the book.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 pm » So then... I will ask, now that we've covered all the details. On this cloudy day after the murder... what do you do?
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 pm » As it turns out the man murdered was a Dynast from the Blessed Isle and now the diplomatic Envoy from the Isle here for the Peace Summit is making a big deal of it, Contessa De'mora, your company's Commanding officer, has formed all of you into an independant squad to investigate this crime, pulling you from active duty
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 pm » Lastly, the group currently as the following pieces of Evidence found from within the burning house after they explored it: 1) A piece of elemental crystal found from a demanse under the house, 2) A ring they found with odd engravings on it, 3) the book the maid gave them that her master asked her to secure, and 4) The various testimonies of the people they rescued, indicating many things about the Master and his habits of studying people, as well as reporting a man clad in black attire, wearing a blue and white [b]Oni's Mask leaving the scene of the crime
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm » Alright, cool ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm » They currently have it locked in a safe until they can decide what to do with it
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm » The group also found the Master's pet Demon, which was summoned to help him study things, as this particular breed of demon, though frail, can remember exactly anything it reads.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm » RainOOC: *eep*\
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm » On a side note, there's a certain elemental that still expects a Ruby from someone in the party
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm » They managed to put the fire out with the help of the villagers, a fortuitious blessing in the form of a rainstorm that came from previously clear skys, and a sudden onset of mud inside every room in the house
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm » They rescued several people, a Maid who was carrying a book held by her Master, whom they discoverd was murdered in the house before the fire. A Cook who saw who started the fire, and an Auntie who had been with the House and the Dynast Family who owned it for longer than anyone else there
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:30 pm » The group split into two teams, one rousign people outside the burning house, the other group trying to rescue people inside
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Thanks ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » A brief bit of recap for Wally, since he wasn't here last time.
Kate « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Let me try that again
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Er... wait, nevermind
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Claire the Cat and Chic the Human went off on an adventure to find their friend Frederic Lee.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Duhn duhn duhn
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Alright. Previously, on Exalted...
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Hidy.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » No need to apologize since you're here on time, Geneve
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » And Beard
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Hi, T, Geneve!
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Hi Tinker
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm » I'm sorry I fell asleep
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 pm » Lolo
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 pm » Yep, I know. :(
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm » Jane, remember that you will need to stay quiet once we play. I don't mind you watching, but please leave at that.
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Fiona: [watching from a distance]
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Hi, Demo.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Ok. So most people are here.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Hey Demo
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm » Hi Demo
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Hiya, Demo.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » *nods* We don't have to make changes, but it's nice having the excuse to.^^
Demothesis « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » heyas all
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Cool
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Oooh!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Bwi
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm » /Two fifths done in ZS, Jane/
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm » Tip: You can check in the Character Chat topic to see what other people are doing— I made a post there recently.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 pm » Oooh... probably leaving them as is? I really need to figure out what everybody else is doing...
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:18 pm » Hey Wally, are you rebooting your characters for msw or leaving them as is? And yeah, Invisible castle! I was trying to remember that name!
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:17 pm » You can use Invisible Castle? It's a bit harder to roll, but it's not too bad
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 pm » The exalted dice roller page appears to be down.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 pm » Hey
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15 pm » Hey.
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm » Hi Chic!
chicgeek « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm » *waves*
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm » It's good, though I can't handle the spinners.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Cool! I wish I had that game
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Pretty good. Playing Osu! Tatake Ouendan 2.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm » Good. :D
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm » http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbUNF1Q4R8
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm » How are you guys?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm » Hi Z!
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Hi Z! How are you?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm » Hey Jane!
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm » Evening to you too, Z.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm » Tick Tock Break Heads
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm » I got new shoes!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:08 pm » Good. Got a gardening job tomorrow, and my bike fixed.
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm » How are you?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Hi Jane!
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 pm » ...
ms.org - get a forum for free.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:34 pm » thanks
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm » Sure.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm » I'll go get some water and be back. Can someone post chatlog?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm » Thanks.... I'm still around, but I'm really losing focus.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm » tWhat Geneve said. Feel better.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm » Oddmund will use their hands to 'juggle' with, by the way. :d
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm » Thanks for running as long as you did, Z. Take care of yourself.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm » D'awww. Odds
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 pm » Ok... this seems like a good stopping point.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm » Oddmund smiles. "Ill tell ya later. Okay! Whos a brave volunt'eer whod like tuh learn how tuh juggle~ Just one first, please~
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:29 pm » Fujio: What is important about the mask, O-rwar?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm » The group is left with a large group of kids who are surrounding Oddmund looking for entertainment
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm » He takes the mask back and turns around to go back inside.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm » Oddmund bows a little, leaning on his cane. "Ah'd appreci'ate it greatly."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm » He looks at Oddmund again. "I believe it's still in the back... I was going to throw it out later."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm » Slays:*worried about odd. hands mask back* Could you answer Odd's question please?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm » (Slaaaaaaaaays Odd needs hugs)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm » Oddmunds ears ars so low they're almost dlat against his neck, like a dog that has just realized maybe its owners dont want the trash there
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm » The monk gives a wry smile at Slays. "It accomplishes that too."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm » Slays: ... odd. I would think it was to teach the others to work together. Using a competent opponent.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:24 pm » Oddmund: ... is there anythin' left of th' *other* one? That was... uh. Burnt?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:24 pm » "It's a special training exercise to teach monks how to face several opponents at once. They're all supposed to stay away from the face, but sometimes they slip"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:23 pm » The Monk frowns. "There's a crack? Oh dear. Probably during a training exercise. One of the things we use the mask for is for a special form of sparring... if a student is undefeated during a training session, our Sifu will have them wear the mask and face several of their compatriots at once."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 pm » Oddmund: I think its Probably th' right mask. But I also just almost fell over doin' a trick I learned when i wuz *five*, so maybe th' heats gettin to me... *ears droop* almost new? Well, applefeathr's.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 pm » Slays: Brand new. probably been barely worn at all. Where'd the crack come from? *to the monk*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm » Looking at it, Slays would say it was made yesterday
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm » Ok... Slays? This mask is almost new. There's no signs of wear or tear, nothing that even shows it's been worn at all, except for a small crack at the bottom of it.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm » (*snerk*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm » wow. I got lucky. 2 successes with one die
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:18 pm » Slays: hmm? *blinks and looks down at the mask to examine it*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm » Due to knowing hes an idiot, he'll check with his trusted friend.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm » You forget, Oddmund is *well* aware he's a moron.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm » (Oh noooooo)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm » Oddmund is going to double check even though he is ~completely~ convinced, and hand it off to slays. "Whacha think?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm » The fact that there are absolutely no traces of soot or dust proves it!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm » Oddmund? You're absolutely certain that this is the mask that was worn by the murderer. It's so obvious that they would have disguised any incriminating evidence by repainting it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm » Oddmund: ...8ears droop*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm » >:3
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm » 6,1,5,2 (botch x 1)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm » (...I hadn;t thought of that... I had sort o thought he means 'burned completely', and that it was sometime in the past.)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm » Slays:*slight headache*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 pm » Oddmund? Make a Perception + Investigation check.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 pm » (Why not look at the one he *said* was burned? Did he say when it was?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm » Oddmund is going to examine the mask, looking for soot, smokey smell, dirt, or any evidence of the resin being singed.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm » The monk nods. "Of course. Take it." He lifts it up and holds it out to Oddmund.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm » He hands Fuji and Slays back their coins, and returns the items to his pocket. "Mind iffin I see th' mask, sir?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm » Oddmund: Aw, heck. Next time, kids. I'll come back 'gain, promise. *smiles!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm » The cloth parts again, and the same monk steps back out, holding an Oni mask that is white faced with blue highlights... exactly the same sort of mask the witnesses described.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm » Oddmund: *turned the slip into a crouch* Hahah! Phewee, Gosh, I;m glad ya like it, kids. Tell ya wha, who'd like to learn how t' juggle?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 pm » Pretty soon afterwards, the kids are all circling around Odd, looking up at him with adoring faces and begging for an encore.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm » Regardless, the kids are watching, astonished. If it weren't for the brief look of surprise on Oddmund's face for a moment, everyone would have almost believed it was part of the act
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm » Slays: ! *reflex move to move in to catch Odd*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm » Ok... Oddmund puts on an amazing performance. However, as his foot is sliding back into place, suddenly his left knee buckles forward, causing him to plummet in what was almost a bad fall. He manages to recover using years of honed practice, narrowly avoiding taking a pratfall onto Gaia's looming soil, but for a moment he almost trips and falls
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 pm » Oddmund: ! *looks breifly suprised*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 pm » 3,7,8,6,3, 9,10,6,6,7 (6 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm » I was thinking the same thing ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm » *nods* I figure Slays is close enough to catch him, if need be.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:59 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 pm » Make your check
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 pm » Ok... I'll give you a bonus die for that. Good work. I will say if you fail, however, and roll a critical failure, Oddmund is going to slip and fall
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 pm » Oddmunds movements are quick and sure, and the objects glitter and twirl in the air, as if gravity was for a moment forgetting them. The coins glint and sparkle as he moves, the whistling following the lilt of a orchestral peice- seeming to add a sense of tension to the moment. he flicks his wrist up, and pushes aginst the cane- scraping it against the ground as he kicks his foot to one side, sending the sandal back out, and neatly slide his foot back into place- holding his hand out to catch the coins, apple, and keys to send them spiraling back up towards the sky.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 pm » (I still got a bit more in me. I'll let you know when I'm fall-over dead)
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm » (it's cool man. wrap up whenever is good for you)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm » I;ll stunt first.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm » (thats fine! Your health first, dude. )
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm » (I mean you can roll now, or if you want to stunt, you can keep going to build up stunt dice)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm » (Guys? I'm starting to feel tired out, and also there's stuff that's going to be happening soon. So we're probably going to be wrapping it up soon. I'm gonna go as far as I can if other people want to, ideally get to a point that feels a fair stopping point, but I am not feeling great all of a sudden)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm » Do you mean I can roll *or* stunt?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm » Hmm... ok, make a performance + dexterity check, Oddmund. You may continue if you want to stunt.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm » Oddmund neatly begins to juggle the new coins, but alternately sends them up in higher arcs, and flipping them off his fingers s o they produce a small chime and 'twirl' in the air.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 pm » Slays:*throwing one coin at a time to Odd*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm » Oddmund is going to kick off one sandal, and hop nearly onto it with his other sandal, balencing on both. "okay now, Slays, Apple, y'all throw me yer coins, one at a time now~" He is still leaning on the cane, which seems longer, now.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm » Slays:*nods*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm » Oddmund: *whispers back* Less wait tillin' if we think thass nessisa'ry.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm » Slays: *whispered to Odd* want me to check inside the temple? since they won't... object. *slight annoyance at the word*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm » With a flourish, Oddmund leans on his cans, and begins to juglle the keys, coin, and apple one-handed, keeping them aloft in a quick arc- whistling cheerfully as he sends them up into the air.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm » Ok. So what are Oddmund (Slays?) and Fujio going to do?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm » Oddmund: *takes fro his pocket a small apple, a coin, and a ring of keys* Allrightythen! Less go!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm » "I've got a Jade Pendant..."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm » Slays: I have a small amount of money.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm » Fujio reaches into her pocket. "
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:46 pm » He turns and walks in, parting a cloth cover. Inside, the three of you can see several young folks with shaved heads in robes, mimicing a punch in unison. Then the cloth falls and you can't see isnide anymore.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:46 pm » Oddmund grins, and bows. "Sir, Ah'd never dream of bein inappropriate. Hey Apple Blossim', Slays, y'all got anythin in yer pockets?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 pm » He pauses for a moment. "I would appreciate the assistance, so long as your methods of entertainment are tasteful. I will see if they are done with it or not."
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm » "Couldja do me a hyooooooge favr' and bring it out sos I can examine it?" Oddmund beams brightly. "I could entertain th' kids while ya do."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm » He nods. "Of course. Li is wearing it now, during the demonstration."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:39 pm » "Uhm... gosh, I suppose that either is possible, but cha said the old one was burnt. So th' new one."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:39 pm » He reaches a hand up to rub some stubble on his chin. "Which one? The old or the new?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 pm » Oddmund nods. "I have reason to inquire if it is still on th' premis... prem... in the buildin'."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm » "We use them at times for demonstrations. Morality plays. And in some situations, for training purposes."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm » The monk thinks. "I believe Sifu Li may have purchased one. Our previous one got burnt somehow, so he had a new one commissioned."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:35 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:35 pm » Oddmund turns neatly. "Ah'm not human, Apple Blossi'm. That would upset folks inside, cause theyre young in foolish. I've paid *much* worse prices then this forr it.Keep a respectful." he turns back to the monk. "Yes, thank yeh. Now, I need to ask. Has the temple purchased a Blue Oni mask recent'ly?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 pm » "I did not say that, nor did I intend to imply it." He folds his arms. "I will answer any questions you have about my order to the best of my ability. Shall we begin?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 pm » Fujio folds her arms. " I don't have to like it! The way he talks it's like you're not even a person!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 pm » Oddmund nods. "All tolerance means is tolerance, no more, no less. And its good enuff to eat off'v."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm » The man nods at Slays. "I seek to follow the precepts of Mela and walk the path of least conflict."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm » Oddmunds tail swipes to the side to cover Fujios mouth. "You too, Apple Blossim. Sometimes folks just don't need to be ruffled fore they can learn."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm » Oddmund: ... weyull, thats the politest way I ever bin told to keep off relig's soil cause fer bein' 'fae-born'. Shoosh, Slays, hes tryin' real hard to be nice. And I dont wancha fightin nuh lil preistlings. Ahm here for the Watch, sir. Just a few questin's/
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm » At this Fujio scowls. "What? That's ridiculous! O-Rwar is perfectly fine!
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 pm » Slays:*Odd's shadow, keeping an eye on the monk* ...Then they would learn a lesson in respect.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm » "In exchange, however, you must promise not to enter the temple regardless. Your kind are not appreciated within, and many of our younger initiates would behave recklessly and do things which would shame themselves in the eyes of the Dragons."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm » Slays:**
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm » Oddmund: *a little visibly tense, but polite and chipper*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm » "I will answer your questions, of course."
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:27 pm » At this he is quiet, and looks over Oddmund, as if sizing him up.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund nods, respectdully. "Could I take up some of your time, beggin your forgiveness, to ask a few questions tuh the best of your knowledge, then?"
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm » Fujio: *Has been following Oddmund while asking Slays more questions than he's probably accustomed to*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 pm » "My apologies, but you may not enter. There is currently a martial arts class in process."
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 pm » Slays:*will give a small bow, hands together in the manner of an immaculate himself*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 pm » "
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 pm » Oddmund will stop respectfully, and remove his helmet. "Aftern'oon, yer respectful honorable sir.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 pm » Ok.... as Oddmund approaches while singing, the monk outside the temple closes his scroll and stands up as he steps between Oddmund and the door.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 pm » Slays:*falls into step a couple steps behind Odd, keeping his eyes on everything.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm » Outside the Temple there's a man in white robes with a shaved head, reading from a scroll to a crowd of about 8 children. He is seated on one of the outside steps. Inside, there's the sound of men practicing martial arts.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm » Oddmund started singing while walking to the temple to bypass furthur questions, some kind of jaunty tune involving the words "Movin' Right Along" reffering to some unkown place called 'Holly Wood'.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 pm » The Temple of the Immaculate Order in Storm's Break is a larger building that has seen better days. While it's hardly falling apart, the stone of the walls is cracked and dirty, and the symbols of the five dragons outside, emblossed in gold, could use a polishing. Everywhere on the outside of the building it's clear that maintance is required.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm » Oddmund: *laughs!* I git bored fast. <3 S'why I aint musc'lr~
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm » Slays: Odd is too humble.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 pm » Oddmund: He works hard. Hardern I do!
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 pm » Slays: Yes.*to Fujio*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm » Oddmund limps on reluctantly
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm » Yep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm » Alright. So heading to the Temple, eh?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm » Fujio: *Circling Slays* Huh! You're really kind of brawny. Is that from being a mercenary?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm » Oddmund: .... in no way is this gonna crash'n burn like a kerosine lantern. Onward.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:14 pm » Slays:*nods, looking slightly uncomfortable.*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 pm » Oddmund: Temple! Which is... uhm. *taps his cane* ... Gonna go ~*great!*~ *smile!!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 pm » From where you guys are? You're in the market district, sooo... the Temple.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm » Whats closer, the theater or the temple?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm » So what are you guys going to do?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm » Fujio: Lets go! Wait... where are we going?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm » Alright. Slays and Oddmund had just asked around about the Oni Masks and found two leads: The Immaculate Order's temple in the city and a local theater company. Also, Fujio sort of strongarmed her way into the group.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm » *waves*
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 pm » (Ok... we're going to tranisition over to Slays and Oddmund now becuase Troll and Demo have been waiting, some longer than others. We'll get back to this in a bit)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm » Mikan: *sads because Zixin is scared of her again*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm » Misa: So... what's she look like.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 pm » Zixin: ... *meep* *wishes he were with Odd and Slays*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 pm » Rain: That works.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 pm » Mikan: Gourd?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 pm » Rain:...Kidding, Zixin.
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » Rain: A mace to the face, a flail to the tail, a spear to the rear, a sword to the...hmm, what rhymes with sword. Mikan?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » Mikan: Aww... I'm sorry Zix, I didn't mean to scare you...
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » "Ack! Wait! Wait! Look, there's this girl who I talked to you! I'll tell you what she looks like!"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » (.)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm » Zixin: *hides behind Rain* I'm sorry!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 pm » Mikan: Well what do YOU think deserves a mace to the face then?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 pm » Zixin: ...I don't think that's how just cause works?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 pm » Mikan: Misaaaaaaaaaaaa, that HAS to be just cause for a mace to the face!
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 pm » 10,3,9,4,10, 3 (5 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 pm » Mikan: ...You were gonna lynch a homeless kid to get into a group you don't even know the name of?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:00 pm » (Zixin can, yeah)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:00 pm » (can I make the same check?)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:00 pm » 2,7,4,5,2, 7,8 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm » Rain? Make an Occult + Intelligence check
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm » (@Demo and Luc: We will be scene-changing soon.)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm » Does the name ring a bell with Rain?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm » He looks back at Mikan. Then swallows uncomfortably. "It's... um... I think they're called the Illuminated or something..."
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm » Zixin: ...you aren't a very good fighter, are you?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:55 pm » Misa: More than she'll not like you keeping quiet?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 pm » He looks a bit nervous. "Um... um... they might not like me saying it..."
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 pm » Misa: Which group?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 pm » Ok.. one look at Mikan with her shiny new mace and he opens his yap profusely. "Ok so these people asked me to incite a riot and I could get into their group and I figured everyone thinks this homeless kid is creepy anyway so why not pick on him and-"
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 pm » 8,1,4,6,9, 8,9 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm » (Rain can make a check too. I'm just using the highest one)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm » Mikan rolls 8 dice to Be terrifying 7,3,8,4,8, 9,9,1 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm » (Okay, so only one of us rolling for this, right?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm » (Hey Demo!0
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm » (Hi Demo)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm » Hiya, Demo.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm » ...ok. Mikan would add TWO dice to the check
Demothesis « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm » heyas all
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm » Mikan: Some people have really hard skulls! Anyway I really like the new one~ Thank you~ *singsong voice*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm » Misa: 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=10 (Four successes)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » Zixin: ...your old one was dented.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » *mace
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » Mikan: It's just Zixin made me this wonderful new mae and I haven't tried it out yet!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » "W-why would you ask me to resist-"
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » Rain: *musing* I wonder if I could persuade the God of Fleas to infest his cell? Hmm...Depends how bad he ticks us off, I suppose.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » Ok... SOMEONE, one of you, needs to make a social attack against him. Given the situation, an intimidation check using Presence and Manipulation or Charisma is probably going to work best. Rain or Mikan or Misa would get one extra die for it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm » Mikan: Oh oh! Hey, if we arrest you, could you pleeeeeeaaaaase resist arrest?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 pm » Rain: We could be looking at a *lot* of jail time, with all these charges. *smiles*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm » He looks at Mikan, his face getting pale
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm » Misa: Or, as stated before, we're off duty. Oh, and to add to the list, assualting an officer.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm » He scowls. "I ain't sayin' nuthin!"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » Mikan: Heeeeeeeey, think we could manage conspiracy to murder?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » (Yeaaah... I booted the spambot)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » Mikan: Disrupting the peace is something wrong.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » Rain: Well, there's always incinting to riot.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » Zixin: ...you were wrong about the fire being set by a small child?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » (I want a group portrait of the God Squad someday^^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » (Or had)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm » The man looks back and forth between Rain, Mikan, and Misa. "Y-you can't do this! I gotta do something wrong first!"
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm » Misa: I'm not even holding it that hard, geez. Now the faster you answer the nice ladies questions, the faster you get out of this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm » (Hey folks, looks like we have a spambot present?)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm » Mikan: *bounce!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm » Yeah... he didn't get even a single success. He's not going anywhere.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm » Mikan: Oooo, I could get one!
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm » Rain: *attempts to grab his other arm*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm » Rain: I'm sure I could find a pitchfork fairly easily if you'd rather that than an arm twisting.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm » The man is trying to break Misa's hold.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm » (Services here meaning "blunt objects")
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm » (.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm » Ok... Misa wrenches the man's arm backwards, holding him tightly. He squirms. "Ow! Yer hurting! Let go!"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm » Anyway, she lets go once she gets up to the crate, waiting to see if her services will be needed.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 pm » Misa grabs his arm, and twists it behind his back. With a smile in her voice, she leans into his ear. "Yes, please tell us."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 pm » Rain: And just 'who' was going to let you in?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm » Three successes
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm » Would he rather be left alone in the same dark edge where all his friends disappeared?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm » 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=7
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm » Ok, the guard is following Mikan grudgingly. he's a bit more comfortable when he's not by himself
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm » (It'd be Martial Arts + Dex in this case)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm » Mikan grabs the guard and pulls him along as she runs towards the fight.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm » Zixin: *ooooh. ok. That makes sense*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm » Misa casually sidesteps, then grabs his arm and twists it behind his back. (Martial arts+Dex or Strength? Her dodge is around 3, iirc)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm » Rain: !
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:35 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 pm » Even inebriated, he manages to scrape together 3 dice to get: 1,9,5 (1 success)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 pm » He snarls. "Yer ruining everything! They were going to let me in and-!" He stops his talk and snarls, and then rushes forward to try and punch Misa
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 pm » Zixin: ...you could try persuading them with evidence instead of false claims?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 pm » Misa: *shrugs* I don't think they're coming back. You lost your mob, sorry.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 pm » ((Gah, this is what I get for typing out dialogue in advance.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 pm » Er...ignore that stupid grin part.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 pm » (I would offer people 4 extra ssxp for creating an Exalted children's story)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm » The crowd is dispersing now. The man looks over at them. "He gives a stupid grin. "H-hey! Wait! Come back!"
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm » (I want a book of Inspector Tao and Gilded Ice stories. ^^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm » ((Hehee.))
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm » Rain: Even Inspecter Tao needs time to crack the case.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm » Er, Mikan wasn't participating yet, so no.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm » Misa: ...Because finding people is hard? After all, you haven't managed it yet.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 pm » Zixin: *blank stare*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 pm » He gives a stupid grin. "Huh! So if the kid ain't the fire...er... then why hasn't you caught them yet?" He postures in front off the crowd, as you see people starting to sort of break off, leaving the crowd.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 pm » Mikan too, or no?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 pm » Zixin: *is negatively charismatic*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 pm » 2,4,1,3,1, 7,6,4 (1 success) 8 dice and I roll a 1.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 pm » *nods*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm » *raises hand* My dice total comes to zero with the +2.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm » 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=3 (Three successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm » Ok... you guys should probably make a Charisma + Presence check. Add 2 dice for the use of both LOGIC and FACTS
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 pm » Mikan: *proud of compatriots* Ha! Aren't they great? *pats guard on back*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm » (Brb)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 pm » Rain: Now, if anyone here has information they'd like to share, we'd like to talk with you. But torches and pitchforks will just lead to more death and destruction. Innocents have a bad habit of being caught up in these things, sadly.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm » Rain: And we aim to *keep* saving lives. That's our job.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm » Er, her mouth
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm » At Rain's gesture, some of the crowd is turning to glare at the man speaking. In fact, a few of them started when Misa started opening his mouth
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 pm » Misa: Besides, we are looking for who set the house on fire. And it certainly wasn't the little kid.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm » Rain: 8gestures to Misa* That 'lapdog' went into the burning house to save people that n ight.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm » Mikan: Not the patient type, is he?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm » Zixin: ...the fire required far too much time, planning, and material to be set by a homeless kid. *does not think before speaking on technical details*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm » The man snorts. "All we're doin' is yer job while the duk who ain't even the real ruler sits on his (censored for content!) and talks to foreigners! The kid who burned the Corpsetaker's house is out there an' you lapdogs ain't even doin' nuthin!""
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm » Mikan: Typical. Well, my friends are gonna try to talk things out, but if that doesn't work out just stick close to me and duck when I swing, alright?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 pm » The guard looks at Mikan: I don't know! Some kid who lives around here, I think? Or maybe doesn't live... I think they said he's homeless.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 pm » Zixin: *doesn't like mobs*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm » Rain: Why, I bet someone is going to pull out marshmallows any minute now.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm » Misa: *smiles* Of course not. But since you're such a peacable gathering of people, I'm sure you won't mind if I join in?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm » Zixin: ...pitchforks are heavy.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm » Mikan: Who's Issun, again?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 pm » The man gazes back at Misa. "Oh, and you're gonna tell me what we can and can't carry while talking?"
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 pm » (Misa is awesome)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 pm » Zixin: *follows Rain*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm » Rain: *steps up behind Misa, casually.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm » The guard looks around. "I don't know! They just vanished!"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm » Mikan: Gone like ran off, or gone like foul play?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm » Rain: Afraid so. Mr Soapbox is inciting the crowd to go after someone he blames for the fire.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm » The guard looks at Mikan, calming down a bit. "I... I just looked the other way and the rest of my squad was gone! I... I don't think I can just leave it like this, but..." he looks over at the crowd and bites his lip nervously.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm » Zixin: *looks at Rain* ...did it make sense to you?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm » Misa: Aww, isn't that nice. Awful lot of torches and pitchforks for a peacibly like gathering. Gonna go raise a barn later?
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm » Mikan: Technically we're off duty, but it looked like trouble brewing. *beams*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm » The lone guard is looking at Mikan. "A-are you backup? Thank the gods!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm » Alright. The man steps off his crate, startling a teeny catgirl of questionable continuity who was inside it, and approaches Misa, gazing into her eyes. As Misa gets near the man, she can smell cheap whisky on his breath. "We're just gathering all peacibly-like, talking about things we talk about. Nothing worth guarding.\"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm » Mikan: *smiling cheerfully at the lone guard*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm » Misa: *chuckles* Aww, but I'm off duty and everything! Sure would hate to have to go on duty, though.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm » Zixin: *confused* *calls out* Excuse me? Sir? Wouldn't officers be interested in preventing something that would cause the city to catch on fire?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm » Zixin: Oh.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm » "Well I say we don't give Issun the chance! We won't sleep safely at ni-" he turns to stare at Misa. "Oh, a guard. Move along officer, there's nothing to see here."
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm » Rain: *look at Zixin* Welp, we'd best stay ready. Might need to pull Misa's fat out of the fire in a minute.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm » (The one shouting at the center of the crowd. She's hoping one of the others talks to the guard)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm » Mikan: *hops over to the guard* Hello! How are you this evening?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm » (Which guy is Misa walking towards?)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 pm » Misa: *is very tactful*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 pm » Misa: *walking towards the guy* Oi, Ugly!
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm » Zixin: ...what?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm » "Your family, your friends, your very livelihoods are in danger! He burned his own home down, now he's burnt the doctor's house, he won't be satisfied until the whole city's in flames!"
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm » Misa: *gestures towards the guard* One of you guys find out what's going on? I think I wanna have a word with the guy at the center.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm » Mikan: *has figured out that when people start talking like this, she finds folks to punch soon afterwards*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm » Mikan: Oooo. Interesting~
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm » The man at the center of the mob speaks. "So are we supposed to just sit around and wait until he strikes again? I think not! He's out there, plotting his next move! You think the Corpsetaker's house will be the last he burns?!?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm » You also see one of your fellow guards, from the squad assigned to patrol this region, looking around. He's all by himself and looks a bit nervous. He's standing in an alleyway nearby, clutching a spear like he has no idea how to use it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm » Mikan: We gonna pull a daring rescue or is this out of our jurisdiction?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 pm » Misa: Yeah, tis how it goes. I'm not really surprised.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 pm » Zixin: *confused*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:54 pm » As the group reaches the center of the docks district, you see a large crowd mob of people all gathered around a man standing on an old crate. You all recognise this man, though you don't know his name. Specifically, it's one of the witnesses from the night of the Burning Mansion!
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:54 pm » *Persistant*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:54 pm » Rain: peristant, isn't she?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:53 pm » Misa: *chuckles* there's a lot of people with torches, Zixin. Also, book lady is following us. *smiles* Don't look for her, though.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm » Rain: *sigh* Guess we might have some peace keeping to do.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm » Zixin: ...wait, what?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm » Misa: The kind of party with a lynching.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm » Mikan: Looks like a party.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 pm » All moving in the same direction as all of you
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm » Zixin: *hides behind Rain from the drunk parrot*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm » As the group is walking along towards the docks, all of you except Zixin, who is lost in thought, start to notice an odd pattern. More and more people wandering in groups... carrying torches and pitchforks and other blunt or sharp implements.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm » The Docks District of Storm's Break is one of the larger parts of the river-situated city, growing larger as trade along the Yellow River has increased. Vast numbers of ships go in and out of the city every day, and the Docks service all of them. To be found there are some of the more seedy restaurants, many storage buildings, run down bars and taverns, at least one drunk parrot, and the formal outpost of the Guild's operations in the city
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm » Zixin: *this is embarassing for someone with perception 5*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm » 9 (1 success)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm » 4,5,9,10 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm » (Four successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm » 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=6
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm » 2,1,8,10 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm » Alright. As the four of you are going along towards the docks district, you all need to make Perception + Awareness checks.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm » Poor imp.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm » Yes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm » *snrk*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm » ScrollImpOOC: NobodyknowsthetroubleI'veseen!Nobodyknowsbutmeeeee....
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm » Zixin: *is intimidated by Misa*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm » Alright. So Zixin, Rain, and Misa are heading towards the docks to see the God-kid. Is Mikan going with them?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm » Misa: It's all in the padding.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm » You look slightly less lean, but the book is now hidden on your person
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm » Ok... Misa, I'm not ENTIRELY sure how... I think black magic is somehow involved, but... you manage to secure the book on your person in a manner that looks both perfectly natural and entirely normal for a human being. We're not even talking an odd HUMP.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm » Misa: *Larceny master*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm » Rain: *blinks* You know, that sounds like a good idea.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm » (Nine sucesses)
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm » 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=7
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm » Zixin: I think I might be able to. Maybe?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm » (I think Larceny is one of the few skills I've never used in an Exalted game. I've even used Bureaucracy)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm » Zixin: ...did you want me to try to sit down with the book and properly translate it at some point, too?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 pm » ((Ooh, Larceny.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 pm » Ok... Misa, make a dexterity + larceny check
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm » Misa: *puts the book somewhere safe, using Larceny to keep it from being noticiable/takeable*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm » Zixin: *will follow Rain, since she seems in-charge-ish*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm » Zixin: Ok.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm » Misa: Well, if we're going to look for the god kid, that's where we'd have to go anyways. So it's not out of the way.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 pm » Zixin: ...I don't suppose we can find anything useful for the case on the docks?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 pm » Well... Zixin would have to find a shipping group carrying to the western isles, which is largely on the other side of the world... since it's just messages, the initial cost would be lower than say, a crate of stuff, but the distance involved may complicate things. Zixin will have to find a shipper down by the docks to agree to carry the medical documents to their intended recipient
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm » Zixin: *trying to do mailing things without disrupting what everyone else is doing*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm » Rain: I'll take you up on that, Misa.
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm » Z, how much is it gonna cost to mail them to where I want them to go?
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm » Misa: Well, if you want, I can carry it. I'm probably a bit better at hiding stuff from prying eyes, after all.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm » (Back! Yeah, Mikan dragged him over to talk to the guards and he gave it to her.)
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm » Zixin: *takes some pieces of paper out of his quiver*
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm » (Obviously)
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm » (Ah! I forgot about that! Yeah, they do have ODDMUND'S SEAL... but not ODDMUND'S AQUATIC MAMMAL, which is more useful in water based settings)
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm » Rain: I'm out of bright ideas, Misa. *wry smile* And, sure, Zixin, why not?
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm » Zixin: ...can I mail some things?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm » ((Oh, and I think one of the gorup has ODDMUNDS SEAL, which gaurantees entrence almost anywhere.))
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm » Rain: Well...I kind of hate to be carrying this book around now, since it seems the Guild has a reward out for it. *sighs* But we still ahve a demon in the safe.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:30 pm » Misa: So yeah... I don't really know where the kid's gonna be now, but if you want, we could try and head over to the docks again. Unless somebody's got a better idea?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm » So.... what are the four of you going to do now?
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm » Go figure.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm » Also, Rain had just buried a ruby, which produced flowers. Apparently burying rubies somehow does that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » We weren't really waiting on you, so no need to feel guilty
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » SargeOOC: *Has resolved to nudge Oddmund's leg with his head to see if Oddmund is made of Jade*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » .
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » *didn't realize you were waiting on me*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » Ok... so when we last left off, Misa, Zixin, Mikan, and Rain were at the Mansion. Misa had just described her encounter with the weird homeless god/kid who apparently has some of the personal effects of the killer.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » OddmundOOC: *little dragon~*
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » Hey, sorry.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm » Or rather, we will once our final player... and there she is! hey Kate!
Kate « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:26 pm » Poor Fujio.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:26 pm » Fujio: HEY!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:26 pm » Ok... Demo's job is probably running him ragged, so we'll start without him. Last I checked his character, Oddmund, and Fujio were going to investigate the Masks more, so we'll pick up with them later. For now, onto the other group!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm » Oddmund: Awwwwwww.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm » Misa: *secretly really impressed, doesn't want to show it*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 pm » Sarge: *Has seen Daddy-sized creautres with tails and stuff, of course, but never with weird shimmery essence auras he still hasn't figured out Daddy can't see*
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm » Rain: *after Desus, takes dragon in stride*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm » Sarge: *Turns at Oddmund* Bw....wi? *Tilts his tiny muzzle... not entirely sure how to process Oddmund*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm » Oddmund *poking the dragon*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 pm » Sarge the teeny blue jade dragon: Bwi! *Waving his talons at Rain in an attempt to intimidate her*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm » Oooh, interesting.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 pm » I was going to start using it tonight. I might still, but at this point I may need more time to put together stuff that looks halfway decent for maps and stuff
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 pm » At least in the context of our game
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 pm » I will.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » As it's offically in "Coming Soon!" Status
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » I'd recommend people look into it, making user accounts, and looking for a token that they'd prefer to represent their character.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » It is very useful.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » Dang it, I forgot to look into that this week!
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » It's flexible, powerful, and will help immensely in keeping track of where people are during combat situations, which will be coming soon
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm » For a myrid of reasons, I am steadily taking baby steps towards implementing Roll20, Free online gametable software, into our Exalted game in the coming future.
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 pm » One other thing I should mention before the game begins.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 pm » Also Luc I really hope you are feeling better
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm » In the meantime have a thing: http://snailchimera.tumblr.com/post/438 ... ing-morbid
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm » *hands Troll hot tea*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm » Ireally, really, REALLY need to do dishes
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm » I'll be here officially in a minute
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm » Oh, if you haven't, I highly recommend trying out the new Fire Emblem game. It's awesome
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm » Thanks. ^^
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm » Hope you feel better, Troll!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 pm » Still have a sinus cough, still helping with Baby. ^^
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 pm » That's good
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 pm » Doing all right.
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 pm » Hey.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm » How're you guys?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 pm » Hello hello.
Wallycaine « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 pm » *waves*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 pm » We'll ideally be starting in about 20ish minutes. I am still setting some stuff up
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:04 pm » We're just waiting on Demo, really
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:04 pm » Hey
chicgeek « Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 pm » *waves*
Professor Zobot « Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 pm » Bwi
Jane Narbon « Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 am » .
Jane Narbon « Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 am » So how are you doing otherwise?
Professor Zobot « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 am » Yeah
Jane Narbon « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:48 am » .
Jane Narbon « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am » :D
Jane Narbon « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am » .
Professor Zobot « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 am » Yah, I'm liking it
Jane Narbon « Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 am » It's great that the Character Chat is resurrected.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Online List
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 am » I'm actualy working on that. I don't know when Id have it ready, but sometime I'll ask people to help me playtest a DND streamlined *esque* Exalted combat.
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 am » *still thinks we should get rid of damage dice*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 am » I can get it.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am » But anyways... does someone have the log?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am » And hopefully once 3E exalted comes combat will be faster, or at least less confusing.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am » I MAY be able to do some stuff with Tinker and Demo tomorrow
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am » Yeah, combat takes a while. Sorry Tinker, Demo.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am » ideally earlier
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am » We'll pick up next time.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am » Ok. I'm going to call it here. I'm starting to pass out and the thing saves automatically maps
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:23 am » Alright, Misa doesn't do damage then.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am » (And it beats it by 1, Wally, given that he attacked)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am » 5
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am » What's the speed on Mikan's weapon?
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am » Alright... So how much does a four beat the guy's DV?
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am » Okay.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am » Ok. He's not harmed, but that's a miss
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 am » 2,1,10,1,5, 9 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am » (*is tired*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am » Er, yeah, dex)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am » (Yes, you got it. So not useless)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am » Dexterity + Melee + Weapon Accuracy + any specialties
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am » *is useless*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 am » I can't even remember the attack roll... Strength + Melee + weapon accuracy?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 am » Ok... make your attack!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 am » Attacking the thug in the kitty mask.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:15 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 am » What are you doing, back on tick 2. IN THE PAST>
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 am » (Oops)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 am » Mikan! You technically go on tick 2. My apologies, your speed will reflect this.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:13 am » One moment, Wally. We'll get back to this.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:13 am » Gah! I keep forgetting Mikan!
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:13 am » No damage if so
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:12 am » One over?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am » Ok, he attacked this round and he's wounded, so it hits
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am » Misa throws a dagger at the man wearing the silly bunny mask
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am » Four successes
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am » "Oi, ugly!"
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:10 am » Misa steps around the thug in front of her, and chucks a knive at the thug fighting Tali.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am » Ok... Misa?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am » "The poison will kill you even if we don't. Goodbye, Tali."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am » Asa isn't going to stick around. She's making a Dash action to retreat down the alleyway.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am » Ok. Misa and Asa go on tick 5
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am » (yep)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am » (six)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 am » What was the speed on Rain's staff, CHic?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 am » Good to know
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 am » 5
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 am » Speed on your bow?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 am » Ok... Asa gasps and winces as she feels an arrow impact her waist.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:04 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 am » .
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:01 am » 2 successes.
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:01 am » *damage dice
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:01 am » So 4L damage.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:00 am » She's wearing a chain hauberk, so 6L, 7B
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:00 am » *has +3 str +2 bow +2 sidreal starmetal thing +2 from arrow L damage*
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 pm » What's her soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 pm » Hits with 1 success spillover
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 pm » *her
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 pm » 5 successes.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm » Firing the second arrow at him too, then.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm » Miss.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 pm » 3 successes
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm » Ok, firing the first arrow at Asa, so 9 attack dice.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm » Hmm.... I'll... allow this
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:54 pm » If I say he's going to flurry and fire 2 arrows, can I see how the first attack resolves before choosing the second target?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 pm » So yes, Zixin can fire a broadhead arrow
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 pm » That's fine
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 pm » 10 fowling, 5 broadhead, 5 target, and I'mma say that he doesn't carry any of the kind he's invented for now because those are going to need DM approval before I include them.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 pm » (Strapped to various areas that are mostly easy access, and a few extra that are hidden)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 pm » (I mean, there ARE artifacts that reload automatically or auto-return, so it just makes sense to keep track of this stuff)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 pm » (Stay away from electromagnets, Misa!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 pm » (I'll agree to the 20 knives thing)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm » (But okay, she's got around twenty knives strapped to her)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm » (Is 'A lot' a number? I sorta assumed that since we're in the middle of the city, we can buy more knives without having to keep track of individul numbers, and I can easily carry more than enough for a single encounter...)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm » I already know you have the craft skills to make them
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm » Mix and match them even, it's reasonable that Zixin could have probably even invented some new ones if you think about it
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 pm » @Zixin: A typical quiver can carry between 20 to 50 arrows in the real world, given my archery training back in boy scouts. Zixin is EFFECTIVELY a god of crafting. You can start with 20 arrows of whatever type you want from the book
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 pm » Ok. House rule: From now on, for realism sake, we keep track of these things.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm » Mikan: Aww, what a cute mask! Sorry if I break it~
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm » I don't know the answer to any of those questions.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm » Mikan's taking a swing at adorable kitty thug.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm » For that matter, How many daggers is Misa carrying?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm » Does Zixin HAVE broadhead arrows? What's your arrow total? How many does Zixin carry?
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:46 pm » Can I have him using a broadhead arrow?
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:45 pm » Zixin: *hiding behind Rain from the thug that was attacking him and drawing an arrow for his bow*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 pm » So for fairness sake, I'm going to have Mikan go now with Zixin and then just adjust where she goes on the tick track
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm » ...also, I just realized that I skipped Mikan
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm » (There's no AoO's in exalted)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm » No. Attacks of opportunity don't exist in this game
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm » Asa has hit once, dealing 1 damage with a poisoned jade dagger. The thug has missed
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm » And if I back up, do I provoke an attack of opportunity?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm » That's true. Asa and a thug.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm » It looks like there are two people attacking Tali... is that right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm » Ok. Zixin's turn!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm » (yeah, just confirmed that. Sorry)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm » (No, equal goes to defender, so she still misses(
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm » just with 0 successes spillover
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm » So she hits, actually
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm » Wait, yeah. his dodge is lowered by 1
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 pm » (He did make an attack, so his Dodge should be lowered by that, but probably not enough)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 pm » 6
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 pm » Ok. Their dodge is a 5 and he's unhurt, so Rain misses. What's the speed on that weapon?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm » 4 sucesses.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 pm » make your attack, then!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 pm » Rain will charge towards the thug attacking Zixen, and attempt to whale on him with her hitty stick.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm » It's now Zixin and Rain's turn on tick 4!
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm » (It's fine ^_^)
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm » (sorry for all the holdup! ^^; )
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 pm » Ok. Zixin is missed by the attack.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm » One sec, resolving the attacker in Zixin
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm » The man wearing an ADORABLE kitty mask swings and slices across Mikan's shoulder, grazing her. Her swift reflexes narrowly avoid the attack possibly severing her limb
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm » 1,8 (1 success)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm » Ok... so he gets 2 successes over. 2 damage dice
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 pm » 6L/8B.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 pm » (Just a reminder, you guys DO have your tarot cards. You can use them whenever, just declaring them)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 pm » Ah, good to know!
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm » (Lethal soak is just your armor, since your'e not exalted)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm » (eep)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm » Also, these are slashing sowrds, so they do +3 L
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm » Ok... So 2 successes over, and these thugs have a str of 3 (generic thug is generic) So what's Mikan's soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm » Remember to divide by 2, yeah.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm » (So a parry of 3)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm » Thanks Wally!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm » 2+3+1=6!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm » For those who haven't seen it, the Exalted Quick reference guide is useful: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/Ex ... sheet.html
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm » *gonna read the core book cover to cover tomorrow*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm » Parry Defense Value (DV): (Dexterity + Combat Ability + Specialty + Weapon Defense)/2.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm » ...I have no idea!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » (Ooo, point!)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » (Might be higher for Mikan)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » Yeah... what's Mikan's parry?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » (Jumping Jack Flash? That sounds a fun name)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » (Well, you can use parry too)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm » (Hee!)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:17 pm » (Okay, with Misa's amazing dodges, knife throwing, and sneakiness I'm dubbing her Jumping Jack Flash)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:17 pm » Mikan has a Dex of 2. You can probably guess what her Dodge looks like.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm » No chance of Misa being hit
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm » Yeah
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm » Meep...
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm » Misa dodges!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm » The one attacking Misa rolls... 7,3,5,4,3, 2 (1 success)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm » The one attacking Mikan rolled 5 successes
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm » The one on Zixin gets 4 successes. Does he hit?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm » The other thugs are moving and attacking, one on Zixin, one on Mikan, and one on Misa
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm » But he misses her with only 2 successes wiht his curved sword
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm » The thug near Tali is attacking!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm » Next tick: Mikan and the thugs!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 pm » She makes a valiant showing but misses
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm » 8,1,5,3,7, 7 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm » (Or at least not one that takes up a full tick)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:09 pm » (Correct. Technically, unless you run, moving isn't really an action)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:09 pm » Tali, meanwhile, is attacking a thug, but she's swinging with the flat of her blade, trying to cause bashing damage
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm » However, they move again next tick, since they can do so without penalty, right?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm » (Rain shugs, thinking, 'can't win 'em all', and moves belatedly towards the fray and her tick 4. ^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm » The other thugs are all moving towards you guys.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm » The first thug is moving towards Tali
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm » Now the thugs and Tali!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm » So you go again with Zixin on tick 4
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm » However, since there isn't a set speed for a beseechment check, I'm going to rule it takes a speed of 3 since you were just talking and praying a bit
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm » Ok. The God of Flies doesn't seem to pay you much heed, Chic.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm » 1 success.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm » Heh. that sucked. ^^
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm » Rolling perform/charisma.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm » Rain addresses the God of Flies. 'Greetings! Oh Lord of the Flies, I beseech aid. If your subjects could buzz the eyes of our foes, it would aid us greatly by distracting them. I could make you a gift of fine honey? Or perhaps something else?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm » (So she's still at no penalty, iirc, but she's obviously closer to getting one.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm » Rain! Your turn
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm » Ok. So Tali's got 1 wound, and lost her 0 health level
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm » Asa's attack damage: 5,7,5,3 (1 success)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm » Ok. So you go again with Asa on tick 5.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm » Aaaaaaaaaagh
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm » (Speed five)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm » (Yes, with one success)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm » Oh, and what's the speed on that dagger, Wally?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm » Tali's dodge DV is 4 and her parry is 3, so I THINK she's hit?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm » Asa's attack: 9,6,3,10,6, 4,5,9 (4 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 pm » Closest to group
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:54 pm » Which one do you want dead? The one closest ot the group or the one to his right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:54 pm » Ok. he's dead.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 pm » Two wounds, enough to drop him
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 pm » Ok. Wounded guy had 3 wounds and has a standard 5 health boxes. His innate dodge was a 5, but now he's down to a 3, so it hits
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm » "Yes Ma'am!" Mikan shouts back, perfectly serious.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm » "Only one person need die tonight, Tali. By drawing this out you only increase the slaughter."
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm » Five successes on attacking the wounded guy?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm » Misa takes a step back, and flings another knife at the guy she wounded the most, holding another one up to defend herself. "Mikan, get in there to protect that girl!"
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm » The blade drips with a odd blue liquid smeared on it
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm » It's beyond her no-penalty movement, so she'll have to flurry to get there,
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:49 pm » Ok. Asa's turn is fairly simple. She's removing a large green jade dagger from beneath her cloak and rushing at Tali with it, intending on attacking
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm » yep
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm » Ok. So according to the Tick Traq, Misa and Asa go on tick 0, Rain and the thugs go on tick 1 with Tali, Mikan goes on Tick 3, and Zixin goes on Tick 4.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm » Alright, so order is Misa, Asa, Thugs, Rain, Tali, Mikan and then Zixin?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm » k
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm » just distracted
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm » I am here
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm » It's fine ^_^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 pm » I'm sorry family is calling meeeeeee
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 pm » Ok.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm » She'll be back in a minute.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm » Snail is afk
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm » ?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Tali's join battle: 5,2,7,9,5, 5,9 (3 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Whoops!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 pm » Gah! I forgot about Tali, too
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 pm » Ok. So order goes Misa, Asa, Thugs, Rain, and then Zixin.... I don't think I've seen Mikan's roll, though?
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 pm » (Thanks, thanks)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm » *nods*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm » (Wally, that was a BEAUTIFUL line.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm » 6,3,5,10,7, 9,2 (4 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm » (I think he missed the roll, but it was two successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm » (How many successes did you get again?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm » 9,3,8,2,5, 4,7,5,9 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm » (Zobot, how did Rain do on her check to see if she saw anything?)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm » "I hear corpses are real fun to smile at."
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm » (Pretty much)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » (I think you just automatically get zero successes, Kate)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » "If we die in service he'll smile upon us."
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » (3 here)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » "No surrender. We have a greater purpose. Remember that."
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » (Four successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm » (If I disappear it's because bttery died))
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Standing in the mouth of the alley, Misa looks over the three men who were just hit with knives, and looks out at the rest. "So, you can either listen to the lady, and die in a pool of your own blood, or surrender. Up to you, but I'd decide quick."
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » I have -3 dice.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Everyone roll join battle!
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Ok. All three of them gasp and groan as knives come flying into their backs, but none of them, even the one most injured, appear to be dead. They whirl around, murderous intent on their faces.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm » And one lethal on the last guy too.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:30 pm » That's a reasonable assumption, yeah
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:30 pm » Three successes on the third, so same calculation, assuming they all have the same armor
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 pm » One lethal to the next guy
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 pm » Alright, three successes, +6 means 9 raw, so four damage dice
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 pm » use the one you rolled before.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm » Should I reroll the second attack, or just use the one I rolled before/
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm » Three lethal, with the corrected roll
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm » I guess?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm » This is before init?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm » But raw, yes, it's twelve, because six extra successes, plus three lethal on the weapon, plus strengh
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm » ...speaking of, did we roll initiative?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm » His soak is a 5. I'm going to ask you to re-roll that with a corrected number of dice.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm » yeah, I guess we're all a bit rusty
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm » :P
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm » I forgot to ask for soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm » ...how do you get 12 dice of damage!?!
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm » Five lethal damage to the guy in front
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm » Ok. Your first attack hits with 6 successes. And since he is unaware, yes, he doesn't get his dodge.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 pm » Six successes on the first attack, which should catch him unaware, right?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 pm » Yep
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 pm » (Oh, how did Rain do on her percep/awareness check?)
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm » Awesome. So 3 attack flurry?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm » Alright, so Misa's going to step out of the alley she's hiding in, and whip a trio of knives at the three closest thugs
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:21 pm » Mikan's already charging at a guy with the mace.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Hmm... well, on one hand, it's pretty obvious they're going to try and kill us, but on the other giving them a chance to surrender is customary...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 pm » Ok. Misa beat everyone's perception checks, so before we roll Join Battle, she can take an action if she wants. Misa?
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:09 pm » Either one is fine
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Roll in Roll20 or the exalted die roller?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Choose where you want to be on the map and draw an x on it, and I'll place your pog there and give you control
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm » *but I'll allow it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Anyways... Rain, make a perception + awareness check to notice any gods or spirits. As for going another way: you did say you were following Misa. bit O
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm » It does sound like a good idea.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm » (*snerk* Seems reasonable)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm » (Hey. if a stealth check comes up again, I'd like to try to aid by being a very loud distraction, if that's okay.)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm » Rain looks around for any godlings or spirits. Can I go another way, so I'm not giving away Misa? Or does that mean I need to just hang back for a little?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:05 pm » MisaOOC: I really gotta train you lot in stealth...
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm » MisaOOC: Sorry...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm » Got it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 pm » Ok. Rain? You try to follow Misa, but you aren't as good at sneaking... rather than give away Misa's position, she has to ditch you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 pm » Asa, the raven-haired lady, frowns. "Tch...How troublesome. And me without a mask... kill Tali. Kill the guard if you can. They're all dead anyway. If they prove dangerous, escape. If you can't escape, kill yourselves."
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:02 pm » As the group in the alleyway sees anyone who is charging in, Tali (the blonde haired girl holding her sword poorly) looks up at them, with a sudden flash of hope in her eyes. "Please! Whoever you are, lend me your aid!"
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:02 pm » I rolled on the Roll20 page.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:00 pm » Ok. Rain, then you need to make a stealth + dexterity check, just like Misa
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 pm » Rain follows Misa.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm » Mikan's charging in.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm » is anyone else going to sneak or are you all walking in?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm » And the unmasked lady certainly didn't hear Misa either, although she came close
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm » 1,8,10,7,8, 2,1 (5 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm » 2 successes on my end. Ok. The masked fellows might have heard Misa if she's having an off day.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm » We're coming in from teh bottom of the screen, I assume?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm » 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=1 Only six successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Yes. If you succeed you can place your character at start anywhere on the board that you could reasonably hide on, and you can take an action before anyone else does.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Ok. You need to make a stealth + dexterity check then. I'll roll for the guards.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Dex+stealth, I'd guess?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm » Since the others can be more direct, and this looks like it's not going to go well
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm » Misa will try to sneak into position
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm » Now I need to ask. Is anyone trying to sneak into this situation or are you guys just walking in
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:50 pm » The blackhaired woman in the alleyway nearby is the same lady who offered to buy the book from each of you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:50 pm » What the group sees as they enter an alleyway is a grim sight. There are several figures, all of them wearing various different masks, armed with curved swords, and wearing black garb, all encircling a young blonde-haired woman in a white robe, who is holding her own sword in a shakey, you-swing-the-sharp-end-at-the-other-guy fashion. She's looking around for any avenue of escape, but the only one nearby is an alleyway behind here where a masked figure and a woman Misa, Mikan, and Rain have seen before is standing.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 pm » Thanks!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 pm » Yes, Snail, for now please do
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm » Demo and Tinker, if you two so choose, you can also join the table to watch.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm » Should I assume normal stats for the mace?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm » We will still be roleplaying in here, but for the purposes of combat please join this board
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 pm » Which means we can begin. Please make sure you are logged into Roll20, and open this link in a new window: Exalted Table
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Ok. Since the other guard is watching your prisoner, I'm going to rule retroactively that Misa can show up with the rest of the group.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Zixin: *has a buff jacket*
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Alright, I got Chic her stats, and I'd figured mine out a bit ago
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 pm » Sounds good.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 pm » Normally I'd say that armor was probably made by Zixin and thus might be of higher quality, but we can resolve that later. For now lets' assume standard issue armor. Zixin can make better stuff if the player in question asks him to later and he consents and they have the resources
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm » The rules and stats for this armor is all on page 375.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm » *nods* I thought, being a front line soldier isn't why she's there. Although anyone part of that troop has to be prepared for some fighting. Buff jacket makes sense.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm » Buff Jackets are inexpensive yet offer decent protection. Contessa has probably had the people who manage equipment either buy or make them for most of the non-combatants and ranged fighters. Lameller is also a bit more impacting.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm » So buff Jacket for Rain, Lamellar for Mikan
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm » @Wally: That's the standard issue stuff, yes.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm » Company armor is probably... Buff Jacket for the non-frontliners, Lameller for the more front line people?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm » A dagger is fine. Armor is sensible, given what she's been doing in the city and the whole guarding thing
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm » *is so very pleased*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm » Well, do you have any preferences for her, Chic? Any weapons or armor you'd WANT?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm » I found it~ Thanks~
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm » And since Rain is the squad God Talker, I can see her having the company armor. Perhaps a staff to whack things with, and a dagger?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm » Pg 367, Beard
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm » Ok. Equipment wise.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 pm » Ok. Brief break in the action (Or build up to it) to determine equipment and get everything set up
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 pm » HA HA I HAVE THE BOOK I can look things up!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm » Hm... that is probamatic.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm » Ohhh, point. Do I even have the stats for my mace written down?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm » never decided anything like armor or weapons. I take it we have standard guard issue, whatever that is?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » Yes, Chic?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » (Raises hand)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » I'll just have you guys decide right now, since what you do wiht the guard can- Oh, ok. Misa has got it. Ok, the guard will watch the guy you guys captured
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » Yes. That works.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » Misa: *shoves the Man to the Guard* Hold on to this guy, okay?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm » Up to you, I guess?
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:34 pm » Zixin: *...what?*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm » Oh! Er, I forgot about that guard. Yeah, he's still around. Do you guys want him to do something?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm » "We were friends, Tali. But this is for the world. Don't bother screaming again. The guards in this region are dealing with a riot. Help's not coming. Just lay down and make it a clean kill."
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm » Wait, Mikan had that guard with her and she let go. Is he still around?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm » "Asa, please! We were friends... listen to me. This is madness-"
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 pm » As the three of you proceed forward, you hear voices.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 pm » Ok. Rain and Mikan are able to find their way towards the sound of what seems to be... a lot of people moving. And a bit of talking. And the sound of metal hitting metal. And they lead Zixin with them, Misa trailing behind.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm » 8,2,7,6 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm » (Hey Demo)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Snail?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » (Hey Demo!0
Demothesis « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » (heyas all)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » Misa: *still knows where she's going*
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » 8,5,2,9 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=2 Four successes
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm » 5 (failure)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm » Including Misa
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm » As they get close, I need you all to roll (easier this time) perception + awareness checks so you can identify where the disturbance is coming from
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm » Alright then. The others will move ahead of Misa, who will show up a bit later then
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Yeah, she trusts the others to get there first
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:25 pm » Still gonna do it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm » I will say that if you're moving while holding the guy, Misa, you're going to suffer a movement penalty.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm » ..."runs where Misa points" may be an accurate overall description of Mikan so far.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm » Zixin: *follows Misa, Mikan, and Rain*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 pm » Rain: *follows Misa*
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 pm » Misa: Too damn bad. And more like shouting. Now if you don't want to get dragged there, come along. *she starts running in the direction, dragging the guy if she has to*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 pm » Mikan: *runs where Misa points*
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm » Zixin: ...asking?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm » Man: Ow! You're hurting! You're 'urting!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm » Looking up quickly, Misa hauls the Man to his feet. "Somebodies asking for help, over that way!" She points.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Ok... that's everyone. I've IMed people if they heard anything.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm » (No worry)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm » 7,6,1,4 (1 success)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm » (AH sorry I am bad player)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm » Ok
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 pm » *here
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 pm » (she'll be right there)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 pm » Kee. And Mikan?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 pm » Misa: *observant*
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm » (yay Misa!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm » /
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm » 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=3 Four successes
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm » 7,1,1,5 (1 success)
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm » 5 (failure)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 pm » it's at this point that I actually need everyone to make Perception + Awareness rolls
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Man: *Looks downcast and sullen, and shuts up.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Zixin: Oh. Sorry. *meep*
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Misa: Not really. Unless you happen to remember more about this bunch you're involved with.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Rain: No. Shaddap.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Zixin: What's your vote?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Man: ...don't I get a vote in this?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Rain: Hmm...maybe she'll know about this 'Illuminated' bunch he's talking about, at that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm » The man, who was one of the witnesses from the night of the burning building that started this whole mess, is currently if I recall correctly being restrained by Misa.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm » Zixin: ...shouldn't we take him to Contessa?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm » Mikan: *hopeful look?*
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Misa: *glares*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Zixin, Mikan, Rain, and Misa had just ended a mob riot before it began, and currently have the ringleader in their grip.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 pm » *Sweeps Rex and the moose out of chat, sprays some De-Claire to keep the catgirls out of chat for the game, and then sets up his DM's screen* Previously, on Exalted: Those Dang Guards....
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 pm » Yay, resurrection!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 pm » Now then.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:09 pm » Both Little Hue and the character chat thread are fun.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:09 pm » Second off: MSW character chat is coming back from the dead! Presumably due to someone hooking electrodes to it and lifting it up into the sky to be struck by lightning, as per true mad science tradition. I invite everyone to join in
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » Wow, thanks for the plug there!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » =o
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » First off: Snail has started a Little Hue thing which is adorable. Contact her about it if you're interested.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » Yes?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » *is pleased*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm » Two more things before we begin.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Congrats!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » :)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Kate got it!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Ok. We're going to start now
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Khan: ...that's random.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Pfffffff
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm » Rex: *chases a moose through chat*
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm » My sister avoided biting a moose.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm » *may be cheating*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm » heeehee
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm » Exalted core rulebook?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm » and a squirrell to go with the moose?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm » A Moose vonce bit my sister
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » *Moose
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » You got a moost
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » What?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » I.... am going to guess a moose
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » *mumbles around gag*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm » Wally, Luc, you're not allowed to guess.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm » Also~ Guess what I got today?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm » Yay!\
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm » Hey!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm » Kate's back and I'm here!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm » Hi all!
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm » zzz
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:45 pm » Kwoom
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm » Bbar
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm » Eh heh. Sorry
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm » Er... you might want to open it in a new window instead of clicking it
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm » Make sure you're logged into Roll20 and then click this link: Roll20 Test Table
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 pm » Ok. While we're waiting on Snail and Kate, I'm going to create a new table for Roll20 and post a link here for it. We won't be using it much beyond helping people learn, but I can show the basic feature of the software in it
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm » Life is much more fun
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm » *hands Kate tea and a fuzzy blanket*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm » Aw, hope you feel more like Life soon
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm » Ok. Awesome. Then I can stop feeling like death, hopefully.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm » I'll be happy to give people a bit of time to mess around with Roll20 and teach them what I know.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm » Mmm... if you need it, go buy it. We can delay the game a bit.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » I think I need to go buy some bendaryl...
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » Would it be ok if you took some time to give Chic a tutorial on roll20?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » I think I should be able to use the same account once we start
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » I did. It's pretty cool.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » Yes?
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm » Hey, Z?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm » The new one is canonical. For those interested, go check it out when you get the chance
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm » Also, for people who might not know about it: Snail's character for the Exalted-side of the game, Blade Carrier, has had her Teaser-thingy done and put up on the site. The ORIGINAL one is now non-canon and any plot points it covered have been written out
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm » I set up an account, but haven't had a chance to do more than glance at the site.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm » Good to know.
Kate « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm » Snail is alive, awake, and will be here in a few minutes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm » If you do not already, you should set up a Roll20 account. It's handy
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm » *nods*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm » Demo will be joining us later, yes. I feel comfortable starting this now without him only because there's stuff we can do before Slays and Oddmund get directly involved
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm » In the mean time, I should let people know: As of tonight, we are going to be starting using Roll20 gametable software.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm » Will Demo be joining us later?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm » Alright. So we're starting Exalted as soon as I get a heads up that Geneve is currently alive and awake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 am » I can get it
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am » Not I.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am » Rain: I need a bathtub. Fountain. A well. River. Heck, I'd settle for a horse trough. *grimaces*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am » *log?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am » Does someone have the lo?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 am » Yep!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 am » Yep!
Demothesis « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 am » yep ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am » Did everyone have fun?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am » If we kept going we'd switch back to Demo and Tinker anyway. If people want to stop here I have no problem with it
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am » Makes sense to me.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am » I'd agree. It's a natural place to stop.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am » Same here.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am » Mikan: *hefts her up* Hang in there. If you can talk still, tell me what they got you with so we can tell the hospital.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am » I can keep going, but it does seem to be reasonable stopping point.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am » A lot has happened tonight. Most of the group now knows Rain held a card that seems very similar to the ones each of you holds. A girl's life hangs by a thread. Oddmund and Slays may have found an ally or two.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 am » Rain: *staggers to her feet*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 am » Aaaaand I'm gonna call it here, unless people want to keep going.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 am » Her speech breaks up as she starts panting. Her skin is very pale. She's feeling cold to the touch
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 am » Ok... Tali is reaching up and clinging feebly to Mikan. "L-listen! Asa was kind... she changed... we a-a-all c-changed... that man c-changed us... I was s-scared... wasn't s-supposed to... our p-purpose was to... to...
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 am » Misa looks at him. "...That's dedication."
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 am » Zixin: ...what?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am » The final thug, seeing his compatriots are all fallen, looks and then remembers his orders. "All is lost. They will awaken with pain!" He shouts as he brings his sword into his own chest
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am » Ok. He's dead.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am » (Did already)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am » (Dealing 3L)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am » (yeah, sorry. I got the numbers mixed up. Make sure to roll)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 am » (You mean the opposite. 4B, 3L, piercing drops it to 1L, so I have 8 damage dice)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am » Er, 3B
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am » Ok... buff jacket, so his lethal soak is 4L and his bashing is 3L
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am » Three lethal to drop him
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am » So 8 damage dice after soak
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am » And the attack hits, Wally. 3 spillover
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am » @ Geneve: Unless someone here is carrying medicine, none of you have it. #2: you don't know where the nearest hospital is.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am » His DV should be 3 atm?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:30 am » (I think... I might be at -1 by now, but I'm not sure)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:30 am » 6 successes to bring down fighty mc thug
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 am » I have medicine but I'm also at a -2 health level.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 am » 1. Who here, if anyone has medicine, and 2. where's the nearest actual hospital?
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am » Misa: *chucks a javelin at the one who was fighting Tali, since screw paying attention to her own attacker*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am » Ok... where are you headed with her?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am » (I understand, but it's mostly for convience sake, as it'll wrap up the fight faster than having us both swing at someone who goes down to Mikan's swing, but that works too
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am » Because orders.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 am » ...Actually, I think Mikan's gonna pick Tali up and run off with her.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 am » Guys, technically this happens at once
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am » Ohhh.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am » Um... well, I was going to see if Mikan took out the thug next to Tali before I attacked
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am » If folks want.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am » Misa can go before me.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am » Ok... at this, Tali's falling to her knees, clutching her head and panting. "Aaah..."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 am » (She is.)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 am » (Tali is dodgy dodgey person)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 am » Tick 15: Mikan, Misa, and Tali!
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 am » 2 successes. He barely misses.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 am » Dang. Ok. The last one looks at the situation. "This is getting bad. All is lost... but at least we can deal with the traitor." He's attacking Tali.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am » Miss
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am » 2 successes vs. Misa's Dodge DV
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am » Zixin: *that is a lot of blood*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » The Misa-Thug is taking another swing at Misa
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » (Well, technically they're simultaneous, so he does still get the attack... but if you want to rule that it doesn't go off for the sake of time, that's fine)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » Ok. He's dead.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » Aw.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » Nope.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » 2 successes?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am » A From Hell's Heart I Stab At Ye sort of thing
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am » Well, before he dies he gets one attack against Zixin
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am » ...does his attack against Zixin still resolve, since they both go on the same tick?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am » Zixin: *...people are not supposed break like that* *O.o*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am » Zixin has managed to kill him
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am » Ewwwww.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am » ...6L
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am » Yes.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am » ...which presumably means hit with 3 successes -> 12 raw dice -> 9 damage dice?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » And 5 successes on the second attack.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » (2 successes on 7 damage dice, I mean)
Demothesis « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » Ok... he's badly hurt but still standing
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » Bwi?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am » That was very sad. 2L damage.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am » Wait, you're using the lethal arrows. yeah. it's 3L
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am » I'm using a broadhead arrow this time. It's lethal damage.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am » His soak against bashing is 4B
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am » Which I believe is 3L because it's a buff jacket?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 am » .
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 am » 10L - soak.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 am » 1.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am » With how many successes?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am » Zixin hits
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am » (using the broadhead arrows)
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am » 4 successes on the first roll
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:14 am » Zixin: *two-arrow flurry again* *along with ack noises*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am » He's got a -1 DV penalty since he attacked Zixin last time, you don't know how many health levels he has left but he looks unharmed.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am » .
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 am » And are we doing the 'actions resolve before DV penalty takes effect' or 'actions resolve after DV penalty takes effect' thing?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 am » What health level is the guy attacking me at?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am » Alternatively he'll attack Rain, which would make it LESS than useless.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am » Mikan: *swears*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am » I suppose
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am » That won't do anything helpful.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am » ...then the guy will just follow me.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am » Typically if you're an archer it makes sense to get some distance
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am » Because then the guy can attack him again?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am » Why not?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am » Zixin can attack point blank, but he probably shouldn't.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » The thug to the right of you is still attacking you.
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » Can I fire an arrow at stupidly blank range at him?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » Is he still attacking me?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » And almost managed it
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am » Misa just hurled a javalin at the guy who just tried to kill Rain
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am » .
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am » ...be confused as to what Misa is going to be doing, should that happen?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am » No pressure, though. :-p
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am » Zixin, the weight of your ENTIRE team may fall upon your shoulders! What do you do?
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am » Tick 13 is cool, though. That's just a coincidence.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am » Tick 14: Zixin and the Thugs!
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am » Booo tick 12. No one likes you.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am » Tick 13: No one goes!
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am » Tick 12! No one goes
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 am » "Oooo.... I don't... feel... good..."
Kate « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am » She gets 1 success, just enough to avoid critically failing. But she misses.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am » Ok... Tali's going to try and attack the thug nearby her. But her swing is slow and her face is pretty pale now.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm » Fair enough
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm » Alright, she'll abandon the second javelin then
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm » Oooch. Ok, he's incapacitated
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm » Three lethal damage
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:56 pm » So 6 successes instead of 7
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:56 pm » Buff jacket: 3L soak
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 pm » Alright, 6+1-soak, halved for piericing
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm » First one got 4 successes? since he just attacked, you hit. 1 success over
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm » Four successes to the first attack
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm » (Ok. Still add a dice for the stunt. I'lll even give you one die per attack)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm » (Two attack flurry)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 pm » Following through the motion, she turns and flings another one right after.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 pm » Hm... ok, add a dice for a stunt for that one
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 pm » Misa turns at the flash of light, and starts. "Oi, Git AWAY." With a short hopping motion, she spins away from the thug in front of her, and flings a javelin from her back towards the thug standing over Rain.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 pm » Misa, what are you doing?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 pm » Next tick! Tick 11: Misa and Tali!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 pm » So they're done
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 pm » The other one spins is... not here anymore. Mikan got him taken down
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 pm » Last 2 thugs! One of them attacks Tali, one swing only: He gets 3 succeses, which misses... barely.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 pm » (Misses)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 pm » I assume that misses Misa?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 pm » ... only 2 successes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 pm » Just one attack, since Misa's proving hard to hit
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 pm » The third thug is attacking Misa, trying to hit.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 pm » Ok... after the flash of light, Rain is on the ground, her clothing stained with blood but her eyes open. She's still alive and staunching the bleeding. If she isn't hit again, she might just pull through
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:40 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 pm » Chic, one moment.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 pm » Ok. Everyone fighting here. There's actually a bright flash of deep violent light, and each of you (The PCs) see a card in Rain's hands. Similar to cards you all carry, but don't remember ever obtaining...
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 pm » yep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 pm » Are you going to use it?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 pm » Okay, Rain gasps, and fumbles out a card, as she crumples.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 pm » I have The wheel of fortune-something good will happen soon.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 pm » Oooooh >_>
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 pm » At least unconsciousness
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 pm » Unless Rain has a card that can save her or someone else does, this may be it
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 pm » 8,10,10,8,7 (5 successes). This time the thug had murder on his mind and wanted it hard enough to do WELL with it.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 pm » Meep, indeed.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 pm » Meep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 pm » Ok... 5 damage dice, then
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 pm » Buff jacket, has 3L.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm » 3 successes over, with +3L and 2 strength. So 8 successes, does Rain have armor with soak?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm » yep.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm » Yeah, you attacked once. So just 2 this time?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 pm » wait...less because I attacked last time?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 pm » 3
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 pm » Rain's DV?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 pm » Guy in the Grumpy Baby Hedgehog Mask: THIS is how you attack!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 pm » (gulp)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm » 5 successes!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm » One attack this time, as he is putting all his force into it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm » The thug in front of Zixin and Rain is attemtping to attack Rain again!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:25 pm » Moving back to the game and the thugs.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:25 pm » Ok. Then for the moment I'm going to set an end date as an hour from now, or longer if people WANT to continue. But I'll at least check. And from here on out we'll set up a tentative stopping point at the start of each session
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm » I'm ambivalent.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm » Kate? Troll?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:21 pm » I'm tired, but I got early today for work after not enough sleep the night before. But I can sleep in tomorrow, so I can stay up.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:21 pm » Well, I'm actually properly awake for the first time today, but a set stopping time would be nice in general.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:21 pm » (I'm fine, but I understand if other people are tired.)
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:20 pm » well at the moment I'm up for a while at the very least. if I'm working I'll be more tired but if I'm not working I can stay up a good long while
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm » I'm wide awake, but I wanted to check with people and see how much longer we want to go on
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm » Specifically, setting a set stopping time each sessoin. Is this something we want to do? Are people tired/sleepy/fatigued right now?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm » Ok. Before I go any further, I need to address something to the whole group.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm » Ok then. Zixin manages to dodge!
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » (Equal goes to defender in Exalted)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » (Yeah, that's what I figured happened. And no Zobot, that means he misses)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » So he has 5 vs Zixin's soak
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » Ah. Then he just uses the L damage of the weapon and his strength
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » So his current DV is 3.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » Zixin's DV is usual 7. Right now he's at the -2 health level, and he performed 2 actions. I thought it was just 'doing something decreases your DV by 1' so I subtracted on instead of two.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm » Zixin's DV was 4, -2 for the attacks, and he got 3 successes. Shouldn't that give him one over?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm » against lethal
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm » (And you can't hit for zero successes, so I'm assuming that would drop Zixin to 3 DV? Which would be a miss)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm » (the thing on page 142 isn't as specific)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm » Ok. What's Zixin's soak?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm » Kay.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm » (142 for attacks specifically.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm » "For instance, each attack the character makes reduces both DVs by one."
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm » z
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm » Under "DV penalties"
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 pm » It's in the core book, page 147
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 pm » And he'd hit Zixin for 0 successes.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 pm » Can I have the page number?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 pm » Ok, so He hits Zixin with one success.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 pm » (He's right.)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 pm » (Your DV goes down by one for each attack you make. Since you attacked twice, it goes down by two)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:13 pm » ...no, since that is the first time I've heard that rule.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm » (I assume that includes the -2 for attacking twice?)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm » Zixin's DV is currently 4, I believe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm » 3 successes! And Zixin's dodge or parry at present?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm » Zixin: *squeak!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm » The lowest thug is attacking Zixin. One attack, since he moved
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm » Thugs turn!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 pm » Mace's speed is 5.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 pm » Mikan: You see? Put more space between your hands! Need to make the weight work FOR you, not against!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 pm » The speed of the attack?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 pm » Tali: Ooo...
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 pm » Thug: *Falls over*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 pm » By more this time, even.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 pm » Ok. She STILL KO's him
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm » (Sorry :()
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm » (Fault. Skimmed over too fast)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm » Oh. Okay, so I do have to reroll. Sorry. =(
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm » (Sorry, my fualt)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm » Ok... so re-roll, minus her Melee.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm » (It's Strength+Damage+Extra successes-Soak)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm » (You don't add Melee)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm » strength+melee+weapon's bashing+extra successes-soak, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 pm » Ah. Ok... well, in that case, he's dead. or KO'd, at least. He's hit incapacitated
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm » Here, lemme doublecheck the math.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm » I did.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm » Er, you have to re-roll. You subtrac the soak and THEN roll your dice
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:03 pm » Oh, that's sad. =(
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:03 pm » 1,6,6,3,4, 3,10,8,1,3, 2,2,4 (3 successes)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:03 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 pm » 4 then.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 pm » It's bashing damage.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 pm » Sorry. They're wearing buff jackets
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 pm » No. Three.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 pm » For lethal
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 pm » His soak is 4.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 pm » What's his soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 pm » You hit with 2 extra successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 pm » He's already wounded from Misa's attacks, and they don't have more than 4 dodge.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 pm » Woo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 pm » 4 Successes, that hits.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm » Aaaand...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 pm » "Hey miss! More like THIS!" Mikan shouts, attacking the nearest thug with her best practice form.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm » Still, she's light on her feet.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm » Her form is weak, her hands are shaking, the weapon isn't balanced to her, and she doesn't know how to move to get much power out of it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm » She's holding a sword, but she clearly has NO clue how to fight with it. Mikan could give her tips.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm » I was way off.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm » Tali. She's... relatively unharmed, save for a graze on her waist. (She's lost her -0 health level). The poison doesn't seem to have any noticible effect YET, although you see she's sweating a lot more than most people would. That may just be because she was fleeing assailants, though.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm » Is she down, is she fighting, what are the thugs doing?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:51 pm » Before I decide what I'm doing, can you describe the situation with... Tika? The girl who was just poison-stabbed.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 pm » Ok. Mikan?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 pm » Yup. He sidesteps it. "You don't do this much, do you, lass?"
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:47 pm » Heh...looks like my staff whooshed through the air and missed with 2 successes. ^^
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 pm » Ok... best of luck with that!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 pm » Rain will try and bash Thug with her staff.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 pm » We'll handle Rain and Mikan first.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 pm » Ok. Tick 10: Mikan, Rain, and the thugs all go!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 pm » (Just making sure I add you in)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 pm » (It was five speed)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 pm » (I'm going on 11)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 pm » Misa... what was the speed of your last attack? I somehow lost you on the tick track last time.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 pm » Ok.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 pm » 5
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 pm » Ok. Speed on that attack?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm » Bleh
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm » The arrows slam into her back, and she lets out a hoarse cough. Zixin is a bit far away to see it, but he THINKS he saw her cough up some blood or something
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm » Ok. She's in her -2 health levels but not dropped.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm » 1B damage
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm » eeyup
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm » 4 successes on the second attack, which I think resolves to 2 damage dice again?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm » Ok. She's down to her second -1 health level.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm » She's the only one who had an artifact and the only one who is attuned to it.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm » 1B damage
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm » Blaaaaaaaaah
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm » Her soak is, due to the heartstone on her jade dagger and her armor, is 9 for bashing.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 pm » Ok, damage is +3 str + 2B (from arrows) + 2 from bow + 2 more from magic material of the bow + 2 succeses = 11B raw
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm » Ok. you hit with two successes on that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm » Bashing damage enhancers, eh? Ok
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm » 5 successes on the first attack
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 pm » I'm using fowling arrows.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 pm » That's accurate, yes. Go ahead and take the shots.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:30 pm » Zixin: *can be yelled at by Rain later*
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:30 pm » I'mma flurry with two arrows at her. By my count, she should be at -3 to her DV, so I should have at decent shot at hitting her...
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 pm » The thug is still going to be there next turn, though.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 pm » It's a long shot down an alleyway. You can still see her, but this is the last turn you have a clear line of sight. Also, there's a thug menancing Rain right in front of you
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm » Can I still hit her?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm » Sorry. my bad. She's gone
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm » Er... good point. She should be off the board now.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:27 pm » (Dashing takes three ticks, but you can move for each of those ticks)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 pm » ...wait, has she been dashing? Doesn't dashing take one tick? Why's she still on the board? If she's not on the board has she turned a corner or can I still hit her?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 pm » Yes. You hit her for 2 damage.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » And is she the one I dealt damage to last game/how much damage was that?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » She's also the only attacker here that is unmasked
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » Is she dashing?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » (I'd assume)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » Ooo... wait until the next tick. Got it. And yes, Kate. That's Asa, and after stabbing Tali with a poisoned jade knife she's leaving the scene of the fight.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm » (the tick after so she gets to be unpenalized)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 pm » Is the person on the grid at the very top the one fleeing?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 pm » For what? Zixin?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » I'll wait.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Okay, that answers my question.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » I moved, so would attacki
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Also, Zixin also goes this turn
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Ok. You may attack as part of a flurry (so a minimum of -2 to your attack roll if you just attack the guy with the puppy mask once) or you can wait one tick and attack unfettered.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm » Okay, so now she's gonna smash THIS guy's mask instead.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm » Woo~
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm » yeah, Roll20 rocks
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm » It's awfully nice to have the grid, incidentally.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm » I think you miscounted... you move one square more by my math
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm » ...Did I miscount? It seems like I'm still a bit too far away.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:19 pm » (Swing away!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 pm » Nope.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 pm » That is, unless Mikan is going to change her stated intent, in which she can do so now while I brb.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 pm » Tick 8: Mikan moves again. Tick 9! Mikan reaches near enough to Tali to fight alongside her. Also, Zixin goes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm » for now let's move on
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm » This is kinda crazy to calculate using a grid like this
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm » It's ok. starting next session I'm probably going to have to simplify the movement rules.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm » (Ahh... so she'll get there tick nine, then. It's fine, the move dash thing is worded weird)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 pm » *facepalming into infinity*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Which means she'd be attacking the same turn as Zixin
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Yep, I misread.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm » Pretty much. She can attack a guy near Tali wihtout penalty by tick 9 by my math,
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm » Okay, I must have misread the rules. Her dash is 6, it seems.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm » (So you'll be able to either flurry to hit him in a tick, or wait three ticks so you can swing without penalty)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm » Since Mikan has no wounds beyond her -0 health box, you only have to worry about armor slowing you down
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 pm » Sure. While Dashing you move dex + 6 - wound and armor mobility penalties per tick and take a penalty to defense, but otherwise move faster)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 pm » Okay, gonna dash then?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 pm » You can move 3 squares per tick right now, or you can choose to dash and get there faster.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 pm » ...Well, I need to know how many squares I can move her now.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm » This battle was meant to be a shakedown to identify problems and see how to adjust for using a grid
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm » Roughy. I may just house-rule it and say each square is a yard, but I haven't decided yet.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm » (Five feet, unless we're deciding it's different?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm » Oh. Sorry, misunderstood the scale- each square is 2 yards?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm » So to my knowledge you can move past him, but not through him
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm » The guy in the kitty mask wants to stop her, but there aren't any attacks of Opportunity in Exalted and he's taken his action
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 pm » (So about three squares per tick, or seven per two ticks. She can get there in three ticks)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 pm » Is anyone stopping her or can I just move her?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 pm » Ok... so you can move 6 yards
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 pm » She has a move of 6.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 pm » Movement: (Dexterity) yards on land. Climbing/Swimming is (Dexterity)/2 (Round down). Speed 0, DV -0 Reflexive action, used automatically during an Action. Effected by Mobility. Dashing: (Dexterity + 6) yards on land. Climbing/Swimming is (Dexterity). Speed 3, DV -2 Action, once per Action/Flurry. Effected by Mobility, voids Parry DV without a stunt or Charm.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm » Yeah.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm » Regardless of tempting kitty masks just begging to be cracked. Sadly.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm » So she's going to move to get to the girl?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm » So that is what she will do~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm » Orders were to get the girl, which seems a bit more urgent now.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 pm » Mikan has ORDERS.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 pm » Okay!
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm » (Onslaught doesn't apply to attacks from two different sources anyways)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm » Mikan! It's your turn!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm » ...dang it. Even WITH the onslaught penalty, she manages to parry or dodge BOTH of them
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm » 1 attack each, so 2 attacks against her.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm » The last two attack Tali.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm » Misa, you can tell where he's swinging before he even does. You make sure you aren't in the sword's path
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm » (Yeah, they both miss)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm » Wow, these guys don't have all the luck tonight, I guess.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm » Two successes on the first attack, 1 on the second.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm » Same thing as with Rain, two sword swings. Misa isn't very heavily armored so he thinks he's got a chance at carving her up
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm » ...isss attacking Misa
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm » Next thug!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm » Mikan, the sword blow, to your trained and thickened Chiascurian skin, feels like a feather tracing across your face. A cold, metal feather.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm » 4 (failure)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm » Ok then. So he gets 1 die roll for amage
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm » Her armor's soak is 6L. Her lethal soak including armor is 7.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm » Lethal
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm » Which soak is it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm » What's her armor's soak?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm » (Hey, it's fine.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm » It's ok. It happens.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:56 pm » God I'm bad at this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:56 pm » Oh, that's not... something you roll for.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:56 pm » 8,7,6 (2 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:56 pm » Ok. So 2 successes over... +3L, plus strength of 2. So he's hitting with 7 successes vs her soak. ANd your soak?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 pm » so parry
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 pm » Okay (Dex+Dodge+essence)/2 = (2+1+1)/2= 4/2 =2, vs (Dex+Melee+defense)/2 = (2+3+1)/2 =6/2=3
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm » (Yeah, basically just acts as a tiebreaker if you're already even)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm » (I'm pretty sure it's still included, it's just one? But I could be wrong)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm » I was wrong about that... We haven't seen any hint that you don't include essence. You just round down, so for most mortals it's almost irrevalent
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm » (Fastest link in the west!)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm » I thought you didn't include essence for mortals?
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm » (Dammit, got outdrawn)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm » (Dex+Melee+defense/2 for Parry, Dex+Dodge+Essence/2 for dodge DV)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 pm » Dodge Defense Value (DV): (Dexterity + Dodge + Specialty + Essence)/2. Parry Defense Value (DV): (Dexterity + Combat Ability + Specialty + Weapon Defense)/2.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 pm » http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/Ex ... sheet.html
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 pm » It's cool. need a link?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:50 pm » I'm sorry, I should really just print the cheat sheet
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:50 pm » ?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 pm » Mikan's dodge and/or parry?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 pm » (Is happy they don't do double 10's as thugs)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 pm » 5 successes!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 pm » Er, well-armored.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 pm » One attack, since Mikan looks a bit more lucky.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 pm » (Dang, that was lucky!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 pm » Thug 2's going after Mikan
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm » It leaves a nasty bruise, but nothing that would really be debilitating
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm » no damage. at all. Huh. Ok Rain, he slices at you, but the sword is badly maintained and the blade is dull. Zixin would be horrified at the poor maintance.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm » (Yay, no damage!)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm » RainOOC: Just don't creamate me or I'll haunt you.
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm » (Yeah, that's one thing the character sheet doesn't do well... it kinda assumes everyone is exalted, even on the mortal sheet)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm » 1,6,1 (failure)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm » This could be bad
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm » Ok... so he gets 3 damage dice.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm » (Ah, okay!)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 pm » (Just three, only exalted get natural lethal soak)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 pm » Okay, that would be 3 for the buff jacket, and 1 for natural soak, so 4.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:43 pm » Ok. So +2 strength and +3L. So 6 vs her soak. What's rain's lethal soak?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm » Ok. He hits with one success, then
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm » dodge is a 3, so minus one makes it 2.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm » His second attack has 3 successes! What's Rain's dodge or parry dv, minus the one onslaught penalty?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:40 pm » Eep!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:40 pm » Ok. Thug one is attacking Rain with two sword slices!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 pm » ((*cheers on the sidelines* ))
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 pm » There's five thugs left. The two on the right are wounded.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 pm » Mikan goes next on tick 7, and Zixin on tick 9 and Rain on tick 10
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 pm » We were on tick 6. Misa and Asa had just gone. it's now the thugs turn!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:36 pm » let me check my notes.. one second
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm » So where are we in the tick order?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm » https://app.roll20.net/join/83128/QJYo7w
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 pm » Ok.... everyone log into Roll20 and I'll repost the link. You guys who aren't involved, we will continue to do RP in here, and you can also log into Roll20 as well
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 pm » Zixin: *ack fighting*
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm » (Thanks!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm » Good luck, guys!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm » We do have a battle in progress, after all. Gotta wrap that up.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm » -and then we stopped being the Slays and Oddmund and began being Mikan, Misa, Rain, and Zixin.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm » He nods. "Can't be too sure of whose listening..." He turns and starts walking towards the alleyway
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm » Slays: *nods and approaches*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 pm » Oddmund waves to Slays. "Well thanks, sir! I'll make a point tuh speak in yer behalf tuh the COntessa, or any other such person that might disparage yer intentions. May we take this down some convenient alleyway?"
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 pm » He frowns. "Well... I suppose it is in the best interests of all of us to be neighborly and help the Guard... especailly after you saved those people from that burning building. Alright. Ask me anything. I am an open book!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm » 8,8,4,8,10, 6,1,10,10 (9 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm » Probably Presence + manipulation
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm » Go ahead. I'd say this is more of a Presence + Charisma or Presence + Manipulation check
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 pm » I'd like to use a presence/ preform or presence, please, to convince him to be of a happier disposition.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 pm » Oddmund is going to smile, brightly. "Sir, I know ya represent interests. But in the event of continuin dissaray, th; ecenomic stabli'ty would- well, you dont get cash playin in a civil war, and ya dont sell stuff well either. Y'all could be n' possible consideration to help th' police what is willin to listen any old how."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:22 pm » Oddmund looks up, sees slays, and puts his harp back on its hook at his side. "I aint AGREED to nothin yet."
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:22 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 pm » "What, really? Very well then. If it will get us what we need, I will arrange to have the whole sum of 1000 silver dinars donated to a charity of your choice. Does that seem fair? I'll even allow you to hand it to them." He thinks for a moment. "I think... I'd prefer not to deal with your leader. She's not a friend of ours."
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Slays: *hangs back a bit while Odd does his own thing*
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm » "Would you be willin t' make this offer tuh the contessa an me, or is this a limited offer?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm » "...Ah wasn't bein clever, I really meant if I get you it, youd have to pa the sum you were gonna give him to charity. First of all, this is essentialy bribin me, which for all I know you wanna do to defame th' Duke." he waves a hand in between strums, nodding his head to the side a little. "
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm » Ok. As Slays leaves Cho and walks back outside, he sees Odd and Fujio standing and talking to a tall thin man wearing merchant's lavish attire, with a firewand strapped to his waist.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:17 pm » Slays: Good. *nods* Your morality far outshines your observation if you think I smirk then. *stands, ignoring the threat* Reamin diligent in your studies brother. *walks back to the gatekeeper* Thank you for your time.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:15 pm » ((He'd try, and he just kind of grits his teeth))
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 pm » ((*cannot picture Slays smirking*))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:12 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm » He snorts. "And just who are you to accuse me in such a manner?! Aiding a murderer? I would never do such a thing! Begon lest I wipe that smirk- (Note that he's saying this whether Slays has a smirk on his face or not) -Off your stupid face!
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm » 2 successes. woo low charisma and presence!
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:06 pm » That would be a Charisma + Presence check, then.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:05 pm » I'm trying to intimidate him yeah. or at least in Slays mind, make it perfectly clear the dangers of lying in this case
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 pm » Ok... are you attempting to intimidate him or just saying that for effect?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 pm » Slays: *leans in, staring brother Cho in the eyes intently, unblinkingly* Brother Cho. I hope you are telling ther truth. Otherwise you are assisting a murderer. No amount of prayers will lighten your soul so it may climb higher if that is the case.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 pm » (RainOOC:Offers to sell Slays a bridge)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 pm » Slays you have no real clue whether he's lying or not. As far as you can tell his only motivation appears to get you to stop bothering him.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 pm » drat, 1 success
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 pm » (It'd be Wits + Awareness, I believe)
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:56 pm » (make a check for if he's lying or not?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:56 pm » He shrugs. "What? That old thing? I dropped it on the floor and it got burnt. That's all. Are we done?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 pm » Slays: Thank you for your time. A week ago a mask was damaged in the temple. I am told you were the one to wirtness this occur. could you describe how it occured? *listening carefully*
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 pm » Cho scowls. He's clearly intent on getting rid of you as quickly as possible
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 pm » Not with one of the great men of the Isle showing off! Fine. What is it?
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Slays: *does not let go* I do not want a fight brother Cho. I need to speak to you about a matter of some importance. There will be other demonstrations.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm » Cho tries to brush Slays hand off. "What are you all riled up about? What is this? If you want a fight, wait until after the demonstratoin!"
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 pm » Slays: *hand tightens on his shoulder* Apologies for the misunderstanding my manners have caused. That was not a request.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm » Oddmund: *playing loud enough to be heard inside*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm » He turns back to stare at the sparring session.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm » The man called Brother Cho frowns. "Hm? Brother, do not distract me! I'm watching one of the V'neef demonstrate the Proper Arts!"
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:44 pm » Slays: *nods* Thank you. *approaches Cho and places a hand on his shoulder, speaking in a quiet tone* Brother Cho, if I may have a moment of your time. *tone making it clear the request is only a formality*
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:42 pm » The Gatekeeper follows Slays, closing the wooden door behind him. "Brother Cho is over there." He points at a man near the back of the crowd, who has white robes stained at the bottom with some brown smudges, likely mud. His nose is bent, as if it has been broken in the past.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmund: *playing An Old Hym http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-26imkQax8 *
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 pm » As Slays enters, the blue-armored man rears back, closing his eyes and withdrawing a hand, which starts to swirl with a vortex of air around him. He rushes forward to try and punch the black-robed monk, who sidesteps it.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 pm » Slays: *waits for the "gatekeeper" to enter, so he can be led to brother Cho*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:40 pm » This room of the temple is wide, with many pads on the ground in various places of the ground. The walls are white, with paper doors to the north leading into other areas of the temple.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:39 pm » Slays starts to step into the Temple. Inside he sees a large number of men in white training robes, most of them with shaved heads. Each of them are watching two people up front, one clad in bright blue essence armor, the other clad in black robes with a white belt fastening on them, fighting with hand and foot on the other end of the temple's training hall
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm » Whatever it is, while Slays goes inside, he'll pluck out a few notes of an old hymm on his harp he usualy keeps on him. "Dun worry, Fuji. He'll be fine."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm » Ok. Fujio follows Oddmund, although she looks back at Slays, mournfully.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 pm » Oddmund looks around for somplace with a clear beam of light.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 pm » Slays:*bows in return* Maybe one day brother. *steps to the curtain and pushes his way through*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:34 pm » Fujio frowns. "Um, I don't want to leave you out here alone, O-rwar..."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:33 pm » Oddmund nods, and nods to Fujio. "You wanna go too, kittin? Ah'm stayin out here. Might do a lil prayer ah mah own."
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 pm » The monk smiles. "Ah! Such technique!" He bows. "You do have great skill, Brother. It would be an honor to test my skill against you someday. For you, I may pass." He steps aside.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm » 7 successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm » Alright. Add a dot to the roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm » Oddmund has a wide grin as slays moves.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 pm » Slays nods and slowly slides his feet apart as he drops low into the nuetral stance for the Five Dragon style. His face showing no emotion as he simply allows all his years of practice to guide his movements. Wih only a brief bob down he launches into the air taking the stance with sharp precision.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:26 pm » (Roll a Martial Arts + Dexterity check as if you were attacking. You may also stunt)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:24 pm » (do I need to roll for that?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 pm » The monk thinks. "Hmm... show me Mela Soars Over The Biting Earth." he says, naming the name of a fairly common Immaculate Martial art technique Slays probably would know.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 pm » ((About..... halfish?))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 pm » ((*curious as to how much of a lie that is*))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:22 pm » Oddmund elbows Slays. "Course he is. Hes Slays Demons, member of the order, was sent on haitus rto serve with the common man." he lies, quickly.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:21 pm » He looks over at Slays. "Perhaps... the teachings of the Immaculate martial arts are not for the uninitiated, however. Are you of the order? "
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » Slays: *might be feeling like inconveniencing some monks currently. *
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » ((yeah, but his dad is literaly older then literal dirt. Oddmund knows old sayings.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » Oddmunds ear goes down, as he searches his memory, and snorts. "Phweh, ahm' not maksed Ahm clay-baked." (*using an equaly archiac term for humans*)
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » (He might not have heard of it. It's about as old as "Golden Bull" is to describe a caste of Solar Exalt)
Wallycaine « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » (pokes head in, is sorry for lateness)
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm » Slays: He would have no objection to speaking with me then.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm » (It's a fairly archaic term for Raksha)
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm » " The men from beyond the world."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm » (unless this is a phrase I have heard before?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm » He tilts his head. "Masked Ones?"
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm » The monk shakes his head. " He is inside, sparring. In addition to that, he wouldn't be very receptive to your inquiries. Brother Cho does not like the Masked Ones very much.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:16 pm » Oddmund nods. "Y'all could ask for us. Or is that not wi'thin yer powers?" He looks over at slays. "I *presume* My assosiate here could go in, if possible."
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:15 pm » The monk bows back. " Oh, my apologies. I'm not the reverend. He's inside, participating in the demonstration of the Five Dragon Style. I'm just the Gatekeeper."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm » "Hmn... alright. Thank you for your time, this'll help us in our enquireys. Now we fot somethin to show folks, and you was throwin it out anyhow." he smiles brightly, and bows. He looks at Fujio, and shrugs. "I guess so, but I cant go in. Brother Cho might just been doin what he wa asked. Would be be available t' talk?"
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm » Slays: That would be reasonable
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm » Slays: *bows lightly* Thank you for your cooperation Reverend.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:13 pm » Fujio: *Frowns* So maybe we should talk to this Brother Cho?
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:13 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 pm » The Monk nods. "From what I remember, Brother Cho said the mask was dropped near the fireplace a week ago and a stray spark caught it aflame."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:11 pm » Oddmund puts a hand over her mouth and gently pushes her back. "Discretn is the better part of valentines day, kittin.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:09 pm » Fujio is leaning around Oddmund to look at the mask. So what's so important about the Mask? Is this crucial evidence? Is it something that'll crack the case?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 pm » Oddmund will take a cloth out, and wrap the mask in the cloth. "Ah think we need to take this with us, iffin its all the same, or even be it not all th' same, m' afraid. However, that'l be all for now, less you can tell us who had this last b'fore it wus damaged.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm » So what are you up to?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm » Sure! The Mask was ORIGINALLY white, with blue details under the eyes, around the lips (With clear white fangs) and around the nose snout. There are large white fangs/tusks outlined by white, as well as angry eyes. There's also a strap along the back as well. However, that being said, the lower half of it is charred, and a lot of it on the lower part is burnt. The upper half looks totally fine
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 pm » I mean, the mask Oddmund has presumably received.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 pm » Okay, so, could I get a descritpion of the mask they're replacing?
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm » Slays: *slight frown*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 pm » Oddmund: *rubbing his sore knee*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm » ....also, on a completely random note, Mysterious Reason sounds like the name of a fanpony for that Friendship is Magic show
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Mysterious Reason: Heh heh heh.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Also, Oddmund did some performing, and almost tripped due to his knee giving out for SOME mysterious reason
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm » *nods* And Oddmund caught on, sloooowly, to ask for the one they were replacing.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Anyways, the monk, regardless of his intolerance of Raksha and their kids, he was willing to let them see the mask the monks use for their drama plays, which was covered in burn marks.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 pm » Oddmund: Resins, kittin.
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 pm » Slays: .... I don't think I'm familiar with that verse.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 pm » Fujio: Wait, why would it be ironic?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm » Also, they're currently babysitting the Teenage and rebellious princess of Storm's Break, Fujio.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm » Oddmund: *gestures to Slays* Ironic, aint it? Like rai-ai-ai-ain on the weeddin of the Sun Kings.
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm » They attempted to gain entry, but the monk at the Door wouldn't let them in due to Oddmund being... well, Oddmund.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm » Alternately, Slays and Oddmund had went to investigate the mask that the killer had used, which had led them to the Immaculate Order's temple-dojo in the city.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:55 pm » They were fighting them to try and save the girl in trouble, Tali, from her assailants, but she had been stabbed by a poisoned knife and didn't have much time...
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm » Ok, after dispursing a riot, the group following Misa found a person being attacked by a group of masked men and women, and the woman who offered to buy the book.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm » Previously, on Exalted:
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm » Anyways... you asked for a recap... *puts on the Re-cap* Weeelllllllll.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm » There's something else I need to talk about but I'd rather everyone including Wally was here for it, so we'll table it for now
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm » Ok, cool
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm » Ahhh, give me two seconds- go ahead and recap for us, boss~
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm » At least I THINK that's Raksha...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm » Oddmund OOC*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm » Oddmund: *trying t put sun lotion on his tattoo, which sort of involves bending over backwards off a rope*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm » *claps*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm » Alright. Since Wally isn't here, I'm going to start with the comedy duo of Oddmund and Slays, since they didn't get any screen time last time and Raksha need laughter or else they fade away.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 pm » Glad to hear it!
Kate « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:47 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:47 pm » I had a good day myself
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:45 pm » I had an okay day. Not much happened. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 pm » Ahh, had some angry baby time today~ Her mom needed to eat after they had been out a while.
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 pm » Worked today, gladd to be home now!
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm » been pretty good actually.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm » Mmhmn.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm » How was everyone's respective days?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:39 pm » But I can reach Kate pretty easily, so we're really waiting on Wally
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:39 pm » Ok, so we're waiting on Wally and Kate.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 pm » Aka Snail.
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 pm » Hey Dr. Beard!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm » I fell asleep but I'm here
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm » Hey Chic! Hey Tinker.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm » I'm here
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm » Hi
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm » woo doodling ^.^
chicgeek « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:34 pm » *waves*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:34 pm » Ah, I;m alright. Working a little on doodling.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:34 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:32 pm » kk ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:31 pm » Waiting for people...
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm » Yay Demo!
Demothesis « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm » *here before 10 for once!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm » Hello Tinker, how's things?
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm » Aw
Professor Zobot « Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm » Zzz
Sarah McLaren « Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 pm » Oh wait wrong date nvm.
Sarah McLaren « Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 pm » Hi!
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 am » Wally: ...Maybe?
Kate « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 am » Claire: Maybe it was a really cheap mace.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 am » Heh... true
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 am » Of course, sometimes you wan t a game to take a long time. http://xkcd.com/393/
Demothesis « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 am » Rolf: Ooh, good point about the door.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am » Rolf: Run some tests, perhaps.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am » Geneve: ...It could also have been the wrong kind of door?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am » Geneve: Yes, that might be it. Perhaps you coul give the mace to someone of similar build to your character next time.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 am » Wally: That is rather silly of them. But then, maybe you've got a higher strength than your character.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 am » XD
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 am » Rolf: These games are so unrealistic. And when I tried to show the gm, that yes, a mace could smash through a door, they got upset for some reason.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 am » I personally do still like the "dodgy versus protective" difference between DV and Soak, so... if we can, I'd like to preserve that.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am » Ahh, not to pause on a dour note, but brb~
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 am » Ive played exalted live action. The combat doesnt go much aster, and as a DM, I'd wind up fidging rules wuick and fast for expedience.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 am » I;ve tried that.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 am » *nods*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 am » Yeah, I don't mean to say you are, sorry. And to be fair, I think there are aspects that would work better irl, or at least faster

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm » I can get it
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 pm » No, sorry.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 pm » Alright. I'm gonna wind this down. Does anyone have the chat log for this?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm » It's a cool idea, Tinker
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm » (whup, brb, babyholdin.)
Sarah McLaren « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm » Fair enough. I like the idea.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm » I haven't heart about Ex3 coming out...? Y'all can do what you like, I just ame up with a solar.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm » Sounds pretty fun.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm » i'm not really sure when we or even if we're going to switch to Ex3. I'd like to try it some time, certainly, but at least with the current campaign there's stuff we're using that wouldn't even be viable rules-wise without a ton of house ruling for a while
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm » No? I just came up with the idea for fun on the side. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm » Mop: <I also dont know why my hair is growing so fast in here, but I really feel like any answer cant possibly be good.>
Sarah McLaren « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm » Are you saving him for Ex3?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm » Poor guy.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm » His name is a colloquialism and unitelligable to modern Old Relm, so he will wind up going by what was written on the top of his box... 'Mop'
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm » He's... going to be pretty confused. Also his case has been piling up on Sidreals tables for basicaly ever, until they mostly gave up on the matter.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm » Awww
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm » Hes been spending the time trying to escape, and wondering why his strength has been weakening.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm » It was open a crack, so time moved in his storage again, but at a hugely slowed rate... so in his perspective, the last thousand years went by at the speed of about a year or so.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:36 pm » But then the Purge hit, and the last of his circle-mates was struck down in the middle of trying to push his case open, which activated a auto-lockdown charm.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:36 pm » From his perspective, he just sort of saw the decline of the first age compressed into a month solid of problem solving and not much actual sleep or rest.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm » They yanked him out whenever they had a problem they needed him to solve, because hes very good at solving problems, and increasingly out of their own sloth.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm » Specificialy, after the War was over, he noticed the members of his circle were starting to get a little... *mind controll* ey, and 'terrifying abuse of power' ey, and... corrupt... ey. He confronted them, and was assured that the mtter would be fixed. Which actualy meant, he would be shoved into a stone box that had been fixed s the inside lead to a time-stopped pocket of Somewhere else, essentialy temporally freezing him.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm » "...9 gazillion and 99...100 gazillion! Come out come out, whereever you are!"
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm » Hes a first age survivor. The short version is, they forgot him in a supply closet.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm » Sure
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm » sure ^.^
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm » sure!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm » Soo... anyone wanna hear my Solar idea?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:27 pm » Mysterious Diplomat: *reading a newspaper* Tcha, so much for my break. Who even hires our of city mercenaries for this?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm » Man, I can't wait until next week when things start coming to a head
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm » Unless Zixin is scared of slightly off-key singing.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm » Zixin would probably be less scared of Mikan when she's cooking, I think. She's quieter and more centered.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm » Mikan: *cooking!*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm » Misa, meanwhile, just goes for the expedient of looking for people looking out of place in the docks.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm » Contessa: *Is like anti-Zixin bait*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm » Zixin: *would show up at a dead run and then hide behind someone while trying to figure out how to offer to fix the thing*
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm » Slays:*is zixin bait just by being big and protective of Zixin*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm » Mikan: *is quiet because EVERYTHING SHE SAYS EVER scares him off*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm » *amuuuuused*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm » Oddmund: ...*clears his throat* OH NO MAH FAE MAGIC SWORD THING GOT SCUFFED AH NEED A PERFESSIONAL
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm » *claps*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm » PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm » That would be appropriate.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm » RainOOC: *loudly* What? They need someone to design a manse? Shame Zixin isn't here.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm » ...I'm sort of imagining Zixin-bait would be some kind of broken artifact that needs to be repaired
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm » *sets out bait for Zixin*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm » Oddmund: Get a note from yer uncle an you can come back with me tuh the main cop house.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm » Alright. This is a pretty good stopping point, so I'm going to call the game here if that's ok with everyone
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm » Fujio: Fine.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm » Fujio: Um...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 pm » Oddmund: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill anyone be arrestin me if you aint back there by a certain' time?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm » Fujio: Can I vote not to go back to the place where the creepy Guild man said something creepy might be happening?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm » Deeeefinitly doing that.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm » Misa will split off from the group to hunt for Zixin quickly, but probably head back to the guard house shortly.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 pm » Slays would probably be voting for putting Fujio back in the palace. She's not proven to be very restrained
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 pm » Oddmund would be taking the mask back... I guess he was going to check with that theater that had a mask like that made? See why they had it made... and escort Fuji back home before the end of the day.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:13 pm » Alright. One quick check: Slays and Oddmund? Were you guys going to do anything else out in the city?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm » Rain: *full of energy!*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm » I vote going back to the guard house.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm » Rain votes for bringing her straight back, because she's vunerable.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 pm » Alright. So what is the group going to do now? Bring her straight back to the guard house or try to find Zixin?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 pm » (MikanOOC: If someone can find Zix, we can send him to buy some sugar.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 pm » (MikanOOC: Of course~)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm » He nods.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm » Misa: You'll probably be working under the company doc technically, but that really just means he'll double check your work.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm » Buggy Lou nods. "O-o-ok. I'll f-f-follow you all back to the guardhouse with her. D-d-depending on the injuries she m-m-might not be s-safe moving too much
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm » Misa nods. "We'll hire you."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm » (RainOOC:...Cookies? Enough for all of us? *looks hopeful*)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm » Rain: Right now we don't know if she needs long term care. But...I bet the Contessa would okay it, if needed."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm » Mikan: *will make tea and soup and maybe cookies*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 pm » Buggy: T-that depends... am I b-b-being hired for l-l-long term care?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 pm » Mikan: *self-appointed bodyguard!*
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:03 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm » Misa: Buggy, do you think we could ask you to take care of her until she wakes up? We'd probably have to move her to the guardhouse for a little bit, though.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm » Rain: "Welp, we should take our mystery guest abck there anyway, keep an eye on her until she wakes up."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:01 pm » Rain cups her hands around her mouth and yells. "ZIXEN! WHERE ARE YOU?" She cranes her head and looks around, trying for a glimpse of him. "Maybe he went back to the barracks? Odd."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:00 pm » Alright... so what is the group doing now?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:00 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 pm » Misa nods. "Yeah, it's a distinct possibility." She looks up. "Zixen's missing? Dammit, I knew the kid would get in trouble." She sighs.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 pm » Buggy Lou looks up at Misa. "'s far as I can tell, she needs a bandage and s-somethin' to clear the wound, but I d-don't see any signs of any p-p-p-poison... She might be sleepin' a while, though. W-w-who knows what that watery s-s-stuff did to her."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm » Rain: *looks around* Where'd Zixen go? Was he doc hunting, too?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm » 7,7,6,4,6 (2 successes)
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm » Rain grins. "He did say she'd need to be cared for-he just kept her from dying."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm » Buggy Lou nods. "O-o-of course!" He rushes over, carrying a bag, and looking over the body of Tali, taking her pulse and examining her.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 pm » Misa: *points at Buggy* He's a horse doc. I knew he wasn't far away, so I figured I'd fetch him in case your whole 'ask daddy' thing didn't work out.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm » Misa slides over to Tali, still dragging Buggy along. "I don't mean to doubt the gods work, but... think you could check her over?"
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm » Rain whispers, "Thank you, Father.", and stands up. She looks curiously at Misa holding a man. "Who's this?"
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm » Mikan picks Tali back up, out of some vague sense of commitment. "So... horse doc?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm » Rain, you feel conscious and fine, but brimming with energy... this is the essence equivalent of a sugar rush or a caffiene high, as you feel power coursing through you. It's rare that mortals feel the energy of a god rushing through them, and you've just felt a large part of it.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm » Meanwhile, Zixin has scooted off to who-knows-where.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:51 pm » And just like that, the waters recede. Kien-Giang's form begins to melt away, sinking back into the waters, as you see Rain and Tali's bodies both gently wash to shore, both alive, with Rain looking much less worse-for-wear. Tali is unconcious and the stab wound she had is sitll there, but she looks to be much better and is breathing gently.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 pm » (that did happen-all of a tree's leaves falling at once. Mom still talks about ibeautiful it was.And, I like the music.)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 pm » (I don't mind. I encourage people to suggest music as long as it's context-specific. This feels very appropriate.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm » ((And everyone else.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm » ((Also if Chic doesn't mind.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm » ((If Z doesn't mind, I have a suggestion for music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNyk_x-Y-Vw))
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm » Rain was at the banks of the river on a perfect autumn day, sunny and just enough of a snap in the air to refresh, the colors vividly bright. Suddenly the leaves from a nearby maple all fell at once, and the wind swirled them round and round, like magic. A perfect moment of beauty, fleeting but breathtaking. Rain catches her breath, and dives into the river, swimming in circles herself for pure joy.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm » (....I maaay have borrowed a bit from certain sources, Sarah)
Sarah McLaren « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm » /Is it just me or is Kien-Giang reminsicent of King Neptune from Spongebob?)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm » (back)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm » Zixin: *going somewhere with fewer scary gods*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm » (Also, I have to brb, so type away)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm » (A play on the phrase "time heals all wounds")
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm » (Rain: At this point you may heal up to 5 health levels on a single condition... Kien-Giang is using a variant of a Godly charm he has called "The Waters of Time." You may heal wounds, but only if you write up the equivalent of a stunt in 4 sentences recounting a moment in her life when Rain was truely happy.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm » (RainOOC: I'd better not wake up with a tiara, that's all I have to say.")
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm » (Hee!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm » ((*thinking of Sailor Moon transformation sequences*))
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm » Alright... Kien-Giang reaches forward with two large watery arms, in what looks to be a move to crush Rain... and engulfs her. Those watching see as Rain seems to be floating in a large bubble of water, seeing her eyes close as she floats, curled up in a ball, within the currents. Her body begins to glow a deep blue in color.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm » Misa: *slowly dragging Buggy closer to the water*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm » Zixin: *moving slowly awaaaay from the river*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm » Mikan: *getting OUT of the water*
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm » "We will see that she is cared for." Rain smiles, and steps forward.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm » "Step into the waters, my daughter."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm » Alright... Mikan, you feel the water start to force you and Tali apart, as you see Tali's body swirling around in the currents under the water. How she's breathing is anyone's guess. "Mmm... I can make this one live, but I cannot undo the damage she has suffered if I am to heal you as well, little Current. She will need to be taken care of."
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm » Misa: ...Looks like I might not have needed to pull you out. Still, better safe than sorry?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm » Zixin: ... *Rain's Dad does seem like he knows what he's doing... maybe there's a post-person nearby and he could meet up with the rest of the group later*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm » Buggy Lou at this point stares at this procession with wide-eyed awe and shock
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm » Buggy Lou: *Oh Gods. In this case, literally.*
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm » "Thank you, Father." Rain waves to Mikan .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm » Mikan: Right. *wades in with her*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm » "The town is not to blame, and we defeated the foes. And we will catch the one who escaped us, my companions and I. "
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm » He stops and looks down at Rain. "It's a matter of principle, sweetie. Mortals need to be taught some respect now and then... but if you would prefer I didn't, then I will stay my hand this once." He looks down at Mikan, holding Tali. "MMm... you wish for this girl to live, correct? Place her in the waters."
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm » Zixin: *WANTS TO LEAVE*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 pm » Misa stops for a moment, before tugging Buggy along. "...Probably should have warned you there might be gods involved."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm » "No, Father! Please!"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm » it's at this point that Misa and Buggy Lou arrive
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm » His eyes narrow and he snarls. "WHAT?!? WHO DARES WOUND MY CHILD? I'LL FLOOD THIS ENTIRE-"
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 pm » Rain bows her head. "Yes, Father. But I came to ask your aid for another...we have a young girl with us, poisoned and I fear near death. We were victorious in the fight against her attackers, but she and I were wounded in the fray."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 pm » FujioOOC: Mmmph. *No, really, she'd be very happy if someone could remove this princess gag*
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:27 pm » SlaysOOC:*thought he was doing a good job being a princess gag*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:27 pm » ZixinOOC: ...meep?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm » ((OddmundOOC: If you promise to be on Princess Duity, then deal.))
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm » Zixin: *maybe puppydog eyes at Oddmund will help with that?*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm » Zixin: ... *really, REALLY wants to be with the Slays and Oddmund group*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm » He looks around, frantically. "What was that? I could have sworn I sensed Saturn's essence, but-" And then he stops and looks down. "Oh! Little Current, what are you doing here? Ah! You're wounded! Did someone hurt my daughter?!?"
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm » And then, the water in front of you starts to bubble and froth. The water itself begins to rise in front of you, as the water level itself recedes. And the waters begin to take the shape of... a giant of a man, standing at least twice as tall as Mikan, his form made entirely out of water, translucent and yet tranquil. There are even some fish swimming through his form, including a certain Mimic-y creature that is unlikely to have any significance in any canonical capacity. This is one of the forms of Kien-Giang, the God of the Yellow River, who is venerated daily by thousands of sailors and people who depend on the river for their livelihood.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm » (Suggested music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXRN_P9miUc ) You feel in your mind a single perfect moment of thought. Your pain fades away, and you remember distantly, a memory of a time when you were growing up. You were swimming in this very river, and then at that moment, you saw him. The face of your Father. That face burns in your mind, as if a strange force beyond your comprehension holds it right in front of you. You reach out, and feel the familiar trace of His essence in the water. For just a moment, the rivers waters start to circle around you, in a whirlpool, with you as the nexus, the center of the spin. You feel the waters rising around you as the river starts to swell. You are keenly aware that there is an Ending tonight, and someone has mandated that it is an Ending that shall not be.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:14 pm » Nothing happens. You can't seem to focus with any clarity over the pain of your wounds. But then...
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:13 pm » Rain, you walk into the river, getting your feet damp in the familiar waters of your Father's domain. You try to focus on him, directing your prayers towards him.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm » Ok. While this is happening, let's address Rain.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm » He nods. "Ah! L-let me g-g-get my bag, and..."
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm » "She was getting attacked, and you're the closest thing to a doc in these parts, so..."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm » Misa winces too. "I got someone posioned back there with a bunch of the guards, but none of us know enough about meds to really help, and I remembered your office was close, so I ran here, and... we could really use your help."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm » He turns and looks at you, and then winces as the mare's mouth slams shut on one finger, which he hastily withdraws from her mouth
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm » "M-m-misa? W-what's this about ci-ity business?"
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm » Misa: City business. Put yourself on the right side of the law for once?
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 pm » Misa: *burst through the door* Oi, you know stuff about putting people together and stuff, right? I needs your help, like, right now."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 pm » He's in a stable, looking into a chestnut-furred mare's mouth to investigate it's teeth as you arrive
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm » Ok. Misa, you manage to reach Buggy Lou's as fast as you can. He's so named due to the nervous tick he has, but he's a capable animal doctor, particularly for horses.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 pm » Zixin: *figures it's worth a try*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 pm » Ok, so Mikan can assist on the offchance that that helps.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 pm » (Misa's doing the most mediciny thing she knows, which is find the guy in the back alley who knows what to do.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 pm » Mikan does, rather.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:05 pm » I have 1 dot in Medicine and two dots in Intelligence.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:05 pm » (Rain doesn't have medicine-one of these days she'll add that on!)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm » ...does anyone besides Zixin in this group have medicine, by the way? I'mma TRY a treatment roll unless Z says that not having any supplies gives me a penalty, but if anyone else can assist that would probably be good.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm » (It's less a hospital and more... a dude that might know how to keep her alive? Though he'll expect a longer face)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm » Misa basically rolled her contacts to try and find anyone with any medical training within distance
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm » Sorry. In this case I probably should have made the knowledge roll for Misa public.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm » (I'm not 100% clear on how knowledge rolls work, though)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm » (see, if Misa knew where a hospital was then I figure she would have known that all along, not like starting just now?)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm » Misa: *At a dead run*
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm » Misa: *heads to Buggy Lou's*
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm » (Well, Misa basically did, but since it was internal, it was out of chat...)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 pm » Brb.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm » Buggy Lou's clinic is just a few streets away.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm » *is confused from information I recieved several steps ago*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm » Now then. Misa... we'll resolve you next.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm » I still want to know why we can't have done a 'where is a hospital' roll...
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm » Ok. One moment.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm » ...I did. I got 3 successes.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm » *this
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm » Mikan asked Tali what the poison was. Tali said it might be a wood spider. Is thi info in any way beneficial to Zix's roll?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm » Ok then. Go ahead and make that roll, then
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm » No, I was making a 'what kind of poison is it' roll, like I said I was.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm » 6,1 (botch x 1)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm » Are you making any checks to try and help Tali's condition?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm » First, Zixin:
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm » alright. We'll address these one at a time
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm » Misa heads down to Buggy Lou's.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » Misa takes a deep breath, and watches Rain walk into the water. "Let Rain do her thing, but keep her safe. I'm off to get a horse doctor."
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » (...couldn't someone roll a 'where's a hospital' check?)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » It's a Charisma + Performance check, Rain. Remember however, you're at a -4 due to your wound penalty. I can give you a lower threshold for success due to your lineage, given that this God is your father, but it's still a bit rough for you to focus on praying right now
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » (We don't know where it is.)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » (I thought we were doing that.)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm » (also what happened to taking her to a hospital?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: *trying to be helpful!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: She said it might be some kinds spider!
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm » 5,8,10,3 (3 successes)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm » While Rain does her thing.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm » I don't have medicine supplies, but I'm making a 'what kind of poison is it' roll, because I figure it's worth a try.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm » yep, what do I roll for that?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm » Rain wades out into the river, sighing with relief at the touch of the waves. She can draw healing for herself-but later. That would need her complete concentration. And right now there's something more important. The poisoned girl. Wincing, she raises her arms in invocation.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm » Zixin: *...is not good at craft(water)*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm » Also: Rain: Are you saying you're going to try to talk to the God of the Yellow River? If so, you'll need to make a prayer check for it.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 pm » Also, do you have any medicines or supplies available?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 pm » You can substitute Craft (Water) for Medicine to diagnose the poison, since that pretains to alchemy, but to actually TREAT Tali's wounds, you'd need a medicine check.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm » Ok... Zixin, make a Medicine + Intelligence check
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm » Also remember that the whole group saw Rain use a card, which all of you now know she owns
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm » (Not at all)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm » Mikan's carrying the girl to Zix.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm » (Any problem doing that?)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm » Zixin: Yes, Rain.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm » Rain: Look at her, Zixen. But let's get to the river's edge.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm » (No, I said you were NEAR the river, which is true. If you guys are going down there, that's your thing)
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm » (Oh, you already posted we were going to the river, that's all. no big oops.)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm » Zixin: *very quiet* ...does someone want me to look at it?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 pm » (Ooops for what?)
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm » (ooops)
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm » Rain staggers to her feet, and grimaces at the blood messing up her robes. "Right. We need to get to the river. Me, and that woman who's hurt-she's fading fast, and I don't know if we'd find a hospital in time. I'm...going to ask the River God for aid. "
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:38 pm » Misa, Zixin, Rain, and Mikan, the last of the 4 carrying the badly wounded and poisoned Tali, down near the docks of the Yellow River in the Port District.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm » Aaaand on that note we're going to transition back to our OTHER cliffhanger...
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm » He nods and takes the mask. "Right."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 pm » He adjusts his helmet a little, thinking. "Yeah? Well, s' worth followin up... iff you have asec..." he'll fish out the bunt demon mask. "Ask your eyes and ears if anyone was crossing the city on th' day, or fore that, wearin a mask like this, and from where."
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 pm » .
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 pm » "He's always been very close to that odd swordmaster, Sensi Shoot, as well. Not rich, but possibly the best swordsman in the city. They visited each other many times. A few nobles, too, visited him for medical advice."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 pm » Oddmund nods. "No kiddin'... most folks in a position to *git* hurt dont have much coin. Like th' preist once said, 'THe only people desperate enough to sell an arm, can't pay for the stitches.'.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 pm » He thinks. "The Duke wouldn't want him dead. He saved Princess Fujio's life once when she was little. Or so I heard. Some really bad illness. He treated anyone for free as long as he could study them and he knew how to heal people. Even in just a mortal, those traits are valued. "
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:30 pm » Oddmund shakes, firmly. "Just one more thing, before you go? Who *else* in this city had a lot of money to make from V'neef staying *alive*, that you might know of?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm » Rawford takes Oddmund's hand. "Fine by me. I'll report back to my shadowy superiors, and you go report back to your shadowy superiors, if you have them, and we'll send a representative back to your guard house. See if you can find us Master V'neefs research. If the location of the Silver Lining is written down anywhere, it'd be there."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm » Oddmund nods. "Then thats fine, I just waanted to make that clear, yeah? Look, I come from an actor family- I know people get screwed by verbal contracts.if thats the truth, then we have a deal." he holds out his hand. "Merchants never did bad by me, actors dont eat without someone who'll take forgin' coin."
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm » "Look, if it IS a weapon, it's worthless to us. The Guild doesn't need the ancient ray of blowing <censored for content> up. Bad for business, blowing up potential clients"
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm » He sighs. "Is that any way to treat me? I've been perfectly helpful. As much as I can."
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 pm » Oddmundd ears are sort of flat and back, at this point. "...if it turns out to be a weapon, I dont hand it over, and if you find out it was a merchant, you dont have to tell me shit. I could still walk, because I dont think you *should* consider muddyin the waterhole."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 pm » "But As long as we're being up front with each other and completely honest, let me make the offer you shouldn't refuse... You want to find the killer. We want to find the Silver Lining. Agree to help us find it and let us keep it with no trouble, and you'll have eyes and ears through the entire city's merchants and laborers looking for clues for you."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm » An astonishing example of the law of averages at work. That being said, Rawford smirks. "Sure. No skin off my nose."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm » Damn hell.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm » D=
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm » .... *going to cry* 1,10,5,6,4, 1,7,3,2,3, 6,1 (3 successes)
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm » Plus three, 5+4+3=12, and rolling.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm » (or preformance? Same dice either way.)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » Okay! Charm and presence!
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » Fair enough.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » I'll... choose the ssxp, I don't have a lot of charms that need wp. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » Wooo!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm » (Very nice)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:18 pm » Ok, add 3 dice and choose between 1 extra SSXP or regaining 1 willpower for the session
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:18 pm » Slays:*is being a Fujio gag*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:17 pm » ...that... is a pretty strong example of a 3-die social stunt
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:17 pm » He looks up into the mans eyes, with a big smile. "Its in your best interests, right? You know how it is. Invest, and dividends."
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:17 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm » Oddmund Sighs, and gives him a sheepish smile and a big shrug to the merchant. He walks past the other man, taking his arm, leading him down the alley a little way. "Lets chat a little, friend. You're a smart fella, and like you said, Im more sympathetic to hearin someone out then the Contessa is. I know you understand me, that Im just escorting a girl around who was raised a little high class- dad *working in the palace as a scribe* and all. And I know I can trust your kind silence in about mentioning something so minor as who I was here with in any detail, right? Because I will, after ll, be passing along information on your fancy weather machine, provided it turns out not to be a *bomb*. And you, friend, need to consider very firmly that-" he lowers his voice to a hissing whisper, ducking his head. "Shes going to rule the city eventualy, and you have ONE, count it, ONE chance here to make a good enough impression that she wont try to boycott the Merchants from the city. Shes smart, and full of pep, and has morals like a saint. She'l learn to bend, but sour her running around the city up? Long grudge. Maybe see clear no one tries to ell this info out? And she'll be that much kinder."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm » Ok.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm » Whoops, hit enter too soon, one second.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm » Oddmund Sighs, and gives him a sheepish smile and a big shrug to the merchant. He walks past the other man, taking his arm, leading him down the alley a little way. "Lets chat a little, friend.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm » You may go ahead.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm » FujioOOC: Mmph. *Would be more angry about this, but honestly doesn't mind a large muscular man only a few years older than her carrying her*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm » I'd like to take a different route, instead, and this will be stunting.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 pm » *think think*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 pm » Sorry. Not high enough. Unless you want to spend a card to help somehow, or channel a virtue
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 pm » 6,8,9,4,9, 2,9 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 pm » Fujio kinda almost sunk the ship there, but there's a chance
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm » Yes... and because of that, it's at a pretty high threshold.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm » Thankee. Yeah, I mean, I'd like to have the ability to back odds transparent lie there. ^^
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm » Sorry. I misunderstood you
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm » Oh! Um... no. Performace + Manipulate
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm » How does that involve Oddmund needing to be paying keen attention around him?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm » For *odds lie* to be beleivable?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm » Assuming it ISN'T Rebellious Princess Sneaking Around
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm » .....?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm » It'd be a wits + perception check.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm » ....can I roll something to have even a *chance* of him buying that this isnt a Rebelious Princess Sneaking Around?
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm » Slays: *stern look*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm » Fujio: Mmph!
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm » Slays:*nods and picks Fujio up, covering her mouth firmly*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm » ...snaps hsi fingers, tho hes also snapp*ing*.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm » At this the man smirks. "Aaaah, little girl. We don't sell JUST slaves... and there are many things in your city that isn't illegal."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm » Oddmund snaps. "Slays, pleas help our NEW RECRUIT whos UNCLE WORKS AS A SCRIBE IN THE CASTE keep quiet."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm » Oddmund cups his chin. "Hm... wunner if anyone elses eyes in ears vanished. h dont like that and OH my sun kings..."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm » Fujio scowls and sticks her tongue out at Oddmund. "Well, good for them! You're with the GUILD! If Uncle knew you had men in the castle, he'd have a fit! I thought you all weren't allowed anymore. Slave trading is illegal in Storm's Break, you know."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm » Oddmund uses his tail to thwak Fujio in the face gently. "So thass a problem wit' the *gaurds*. Currious."
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm » He looks away. "Not that I know of? Several of the guards who were in our pocket have just... vanished. Or if they haven't vanished, have stopped working for us. They won't leave the castle."
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm » Fujio: *Breathing heavily* W-what are you saying...?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm » Oddmund is the le nonchalance.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm » Oddmund tilts his head. "Oh? Trouble wi' th' duke?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm » He folds his arms and sighs. For the first moment, he actually looks something other than amused. "That's just it. I don't know anything more about that. The Guild has eyes and ears everywhere in the city, of course, but... not in the Palace. Not anymore."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm » Oddmund nods. "Yeah, yeah, predict which area has a *drout* and rady supplies tuh be offere first at rate, predictin storms. Sorry ah asked. Please, if ya could tell us any more bout th' gards? Or is that all ya know?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » He frowns. "As I said, the most boring treasure ever, but not one without use."
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » Pffffffffffffffffff
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » Oddmund: ... *groans* First age *puns*.
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm » He frowns. "Listen... the Silver Lining's what we're after, Sargent. And it's nothing too interesting. From what we can tell, it's a weather prediction machine. Something from the first age that can accurately predict future weather patterns within all of Creation."
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 pm » Slays: That emphesis was unneeded.*at the same time as odd*
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm » Oddmund raises an eyebrow. "First of all, shes the Contessa, an' ah am allergic tuh a lack uh respectin. And I eel yer playin th literal djinn on these questins. But I will also ask you to continue."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm » "The real one, not your captain."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm » He waves a finger at Odd. "Ah ah ah... you asked about who did it, not The Silver Lining. I doubt it'd interest you anyway. Most boring treasure ever, if useful. During the last week of V'neef's life, he saw many people. Some members of the Chiascurian delegation of diplobrats here for the Summit. A few locals, mostly small-time merchants and mercenaries. Not any like yourselves, but local boys. Dunno why they came to see him, but who cares. And then... one other. The Captain of the City Guard."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm » Oddmund nods a little, crosing his arms. "And ya found somethin'?"
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm » Slays: *not fond of this person, but being quiet about it*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 pm » "Hah! We pawned the Golden Rule ages ago, Sarge. V'neef believed this Lining was in the city. So we looked around, twisted a few scholar's arms, and did some digging."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm » Oddmund: Shur, I betcha the Golden Rule sells for a hot tickit, too.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm » "See, Master V'neef came to the Gu- ah, our collection of concerned merchants, asking about something called "The Silver Lining". We didn't know anything about it at the time, of course, but anything that's got silver involved has got to have a SLIVER of profit in it."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 pm » Oddmund winks at the man. "New recruit! Mah own neice. Even merc'naries have tuh enjoy a policemans nepitisim."
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 pm » She takes the notebook and pencil and nods.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm » Fujio: Eep! Um, I'll be good, O-rwar.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm » Oddmund: Gel, I *will* putcha in timeout. *sets her down, and takes out a notebook and pencil* Writ things down for me, wilya?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm » Oddmund is going to pick Fujio up, bodily, by her shoulders.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm » The man looks at Fujio, then back at Odd. "Wish I knew. The Doctor was more valuable alive than dead, and his research was something we had recently found might be... profitable. But I do know many people took an interest in him, in the past few weeks."
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm » Fujio hops forward, pointing at him. "Who do you work for!?!"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm » Oddmund: Whacha got on whudunnit, I guess. Any par-tic'lr suspects we might have been having overlook?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:43 pm » He nods. "So, what questions do you have?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:43 pm » Oddmund: Weyull, I think I can say with confi'dence that allus hurr are in strict confidence.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 pm » He leads Slays, Oddmund, and Fujio into the alleyway. "Now, understand that what we may discuss isn't meant for everyone's ears. None of my confidants mind if I tell you so long as it gets us access to the good Doctor's old records, but we do need to keep this a bit quiet from the common folk, understand?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 pm » (It is just so much fun to be Odd today.))
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm » Man: *Nods* You can call me Rawford, Sargent Funny-Ears.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm » (Hey Hannah.)
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm » (Hi beard)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm » Hi. I'm mostly conscious. I think.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm » Oddmund: Hah ha ha, thats Sergant! *bright smile*
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm » Slays:*trailing Odd slightly and being on the lookout for traps*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm » Man: Hahahahahaha! I like yah, Funny-Ears.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm » Because Oddmund charmed the honor system into him.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » Anyways. When last we left off with Oddmund and Slays, they were going into an alleyway with the man representing "a group of concerned merchants" who had agreed to answer their questions, such as they are.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » *waves a hand* Eh, there;ll be time.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » *Nods*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » (just agreeing with the hard time limit)
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » Seeing as I have to go to sleep tonight...
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm » And as for shop-testing Mop: There is always time to do it on other nights. I'd love to see him in Chat interacting with other characters.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm » My apologies, Tinker. I did try to bring it up earlier but wasn't very good about it. I promise that a 4 hour limit will be observed from now on.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm » Good deal.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm » works for me
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:36 pm » That sounds okay.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:36 pm » I was about to say....? I'm not settign down a hard rule, but I did ask about this before, without it coming up, is all. So a three hour for tonight, thats fair enogh.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 pm » As for tonight, we have a different time limit: I'm ending the game at 11:00 CST, due to a variety of reasons
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 pm » Sounds okay to me.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 pm » I'm fine with four hours as long as we leave a provision there that we can continue after that IF EVERYONE WANTS TO.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 pm » I think four hours sounds fair. We need a time limit, because having people sheepishily ask if we can close, or wind up exausted, isnt fair on them.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 pm » I was thinking if we have a timelimit then a good rule of thumb would be 4 hours since that's a decent period of time
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm » Before we do anything: Lets talk hard time limit. We can't keep all falling asleep at the keys.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm » Aw, i was gonna shop-test Mop. Ah, well.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm » Ok! With Tinker here and Dr. Beard waking up, we're going to begin, starting with Oddmund and Slays.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm » Hidy!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm » Allo allo
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm » Desus: *Was hiccupping burnt powdered sugar for DAYS after that, and may have accidentally burnt a load of laundry*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:27 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:26 pm » *canon
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:26 pm » The cannon is cano
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm » Hee.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm » That is now canon
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm » Hahahahahaha!
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm » And then we ended up with Dragon pixie cannons
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 pm » And let's not talk about the time Dawn mixed powdered jade with sugar to try and make Dragon pixie stix.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 pm » I think as he's got older, Desus has tried non-jade food a few times. Usually with messy results.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 pm » Desus: Dad let me try Jam once. It just got my insides all stucky... I had to swim in a river to wash it all out. *Doesn't like water that much, because he's a FIRE-based dragon*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 pm » Fuzzy: *nodnod* It's very good jam.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm » Wei: Yes. Yes it is.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm » Desus: *Confused* Is jam quality that important? *Doesn't quite understand how non-jade food works*
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm » Fuzzy: We have to get the GOOD jam.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 pm » Wei: ...You obviously haven't been to where we buy jam.
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 pm » Dawn: Desus and I could go get jam!
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:16 pm » Desus: You need armor to buy jam?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm » Fuzzy: Where's my armor?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm » Fuzzy: I'm going to have to BUY MORE JAM!
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm » Wei: But how can we make sammiches without jam?
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 pm » Meanwhile, on the other half of the campaign, Fuzzy was about to make a horrifying discovery: She and Wei had run out of Jam. To counteract this terrifying state of affairs, they- *Reaches up and takes the Re-Cap off his head* Ow. That's enough of that.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 pm » Tali, alive but poisioned and wounded, appears to be getting worse. Rain, the Company's God-Talker, is also badly wounded. Down in the ports district, by the yellow river and with a wounded witness with crucial information, the group hasn't much time...
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 pm » Misa, Mikan, Rain, and Zixin, on the other hand, went down to the Docks to speak with the orphan boy who witnessed the burning house incident and apparently had some of the killer's personal effects but refused to let Misa see them. They got distracted really quickly. Specifically, they encountered one of the men who witnessed the fire inciting what basically amounted to a riot. They diffused that social time bomb and then, thanks to a certain sharp ear, heard someone crying for help nearby. IN a rush, they found what appeared to be a group of assailants attacking a mysterious young lady, Taliu. One of them, the woman that Rain, Mikan, and Misa had seen before who offered to buy the group's book, stabbed Tali with a poisoned knife and fled despite Zixin attempting to stop her.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:08 pm » Oddmund and Slays (And Fujio) went to the Immaculate Temple in the city, where they were initially refused entry by a very polite yet racist monk. He eventually let Oddmund examine their Oni Mask, which did seem to be likely to be the one used in the killing. However, there was no direct proof, and the person who returned it burned isn't talking. While Slays was inside attempting to interrogate him (with a bit of something in the back of his head prodding him) while outside, Oddmund was approached by a strange man claiming to represent a "group of concerned merchants". Oddmund has persuaded him to talk, which he's agreed to do in an alleyway where no one can see them
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:07 pm » Zixin: *wants to be in the Slays and Oddmund group because he doesn't have anyone to hide behind in his group*
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:05 pm » The squad had been broken up into two groups: The group of Slays and Oddmund, who are with the princess of Storm's Break, Fujio, and the group of Mikan, Misa, Rain, and Zixin (Slays is also supposed to be there, but got removed from the roster when it was discovered that he cannot, in fact, be in two places at once.
Wallycaine « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:03 pm » Previously, on Exalted...
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:03 pm » *Puts on the Re-Cap, a mad invention that mind controls whoever is wearing it to recap recent events until they take it off*
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 pm » Meanwhile...I may as well give a recap about what's been happening, for anyone who forgot.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 pm » It gives Tinker time to show anyway.
Professor Zobot « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 pm » It's cool. We're gonna have a shorter session tonight anyway, so she can take her time.
Sarah McLaren « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 pm » /Back./
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm » Ah.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm » metaphorical bricks
chicgeek « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm » Bricks?
Kate « Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm » Snail is waking up but there are bricks.
Demothesis « Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:59 pm » .

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:48 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am
Posts: 4538
Location: Burnsville
(The following conversation is canon, intended to be inserted between the most recent game session and the next one.)

Zobot: Fujio: Um, O-rwar? I, um, hate to interrupt, but... um, well... I'm sorry, ok?
Fujio: When you were talking to that man, I got really frusterated. Sorry...
insanityluc: Oddmund: ... I know, kit. And I forgive you, because ah assign the uality ah quantify as bein love to you most greatly. *fuzzes her hair* But it was stupid. The Guild are verreh powerful, and while they carry slaves, they *also* carreh literaly every other resource 'vailable. And while their intentions as ah understand them are often what we could quantify as 'Evil', to do so to any group without understanding opens the gate to assuming easier, and easier, especialy when y'all are in charge. *hugs* And y'all, unfortunately, have no luxury of learning that the long, gentl' way. So I will inform you by the short, sharp way: by assumin', and blurtin', and lettin' anger ovetake you, ah have had to cede important ground in getting help to solve a murder. There was an action, and ah absorbed its consequence. Because I love you, and am loyal to yah. There will always be people like me in your life; but you need to learn enough that y'all dont spend our williness to absorb these moments.
((....*got long winded*))
Zobot: Fujio: *Thinking* I guess I understand... I really do have a lot to learn, don't I? Um... I feel bad that I caused you a problem. I hope I can find a way to make up for it...
Fujio: I guess I got this idea in my head when you were back in the city that you were off on some grand adventure and if I came along I could join in. Sounds kinda silly, doesn't it?
insanityluc: Oddmund: *shrugs~!* Ahhhh, I mighta just blown it eventualy anyhow. But this is what occoured, and what happened, and taint no one but the Starry Folk can change whats what. I think you mostly just got to stop refferin to our uncle in conv'rsation. its a dead Giveaway. An... as for that... well.... *looks sad*
Oddmund: ... There are adventures in stories, and there are adventures, and they are also the kinds of adventures in stories, but they are the stories where sad things happen. You had not seen me for a time, and it was because I was in jail. I was ashamed to ome back here, for a while. *hugs her* Youc an still come with me. You just have to learn.
Zobot: Fujio: *Blushes* I'll try not to cause any more problems. And I didn't really sneak out, not really... Um, well, the Vizier let me out.
insanityluc: Oddmund: *snort!* why that ol' goofus... well, if hes lettin you out okay, thass fine. Its good for y'all to get some fresh air, yanno? Gotta learn how an imperfect world works. ....*foot scuff...* Does HE know I got arrested?
Zobot: Fujio: Da-um, Uncle can be kind of over protective, but the Vizier says I have to learn about how people live in the city state. He helped me make a real-person disguise.
insanityluc: Oddmund: He's a pretty smart guy. Besides, your supposed to be in charge of this place... y'all cant do that if you dont know th' heart of a cit. and it aint always pritty.
Zobot: Fujio: *Impish grin* He tells Uncle that I'm learning Northspeak for four hours every week and I get to go out with a soldier in plainclothes. But today he said I had to leave... he was kind of nervous about it
insanityluc: Oddmund: ... Huh... and he sent ya to me...? Or did he just say you should leave...?
Zobot: Fujio: He told me you were in the city. He didn't say I had to see you, I just decided to come.
insanityluc: Oddmund: ... *concerned....* Okay. You remember what to do if I say come to me, right? You come to me, and hold on *to* me, tight. And.... and if I;m not here, you listen to Slays, okay? *holds up his staff* I trust slays with my sword. I'd trust him with you. Um. Less he seems... wierd crazy. Then come git me.
Zobot: Fujio: Alright, I promise!
insanityluc: Oddmund: *nods* My squadmates, if hes not there... and... I guess if none of them are there... trust your instincts. And I mean your instincts, not the ideas in your head about heroisim. *hugs her* Th' cities in your blood, kiddo.
((When he saved her life, he did it by phazing her through a wall, and then down into a basement. For a moment, they wre immaterial as air.)
Zobot: ?
insanityluc: (When she was little? Its a Fae mutation, becoming immaterial for a literal minute, with someone, sometimes.)
Zobot: (Ah! Oh yeah, I recall that. Sorry)
insanityluc: (No problem! I was hest telling you cause Fuji would remember.)
Zobot: Fujio: I trust you, O-rwar. I know you'll be able to find the killer!
insanityluc: Oddmund: Ahahaa, if not me, then a teammate! *quietly* and maybe prevent whatever disaster seems rilin up.

_________________
We've learned a lot, but this still isn't going to be easy. But I don't think the elder star's confidence in us was misplaced. I know we can do this! We'll set things right! ...somehow.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
4/14/2013, originally logged by chicgeek

Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » no worries man.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » I don't mind waiting, I mean. ^^
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » Ehhh, works for me, I;m wiped from helpin my parents move heavy things.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » Aw, sorry, Zobot. I hope you feel better soon.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » (Next week we'll play more. Sorry...)
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » (Oh shoot! Go take care of that, man. Sounds like a migraine.)
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 am » (Oh, I'm sorry. I completely understand, though)
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 am » (I can't think like this. I"m sorry)
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 am » (Arrrgh... sorry sorry sorry... I hate that I'm doing this after getting everoyne here and all the waiting, but I need to stop. I have a horrible headache...)
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 am » Misa: So that's all you've got to say?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 am » He sighs. "I was being sarcastic. And it's in our best interests to help. After all, we have a beneficial arrangement with your officer."
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 am » Misa: Mister, I grew up on the streets. I know you guys don't just give stuff away. Besides, you said you wanted to go to the market district, right?
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 am » Misa: *nods* Alright. Thanks for the tip. Now here's the part where you want something, right? *rolls eyes*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 am » Man: Hey now... I'm trying to help!
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 am » Mikan: Awwww...
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 am » Man: All three have had access to masks of that sort, and all three may have had some connection to the doctor before his death.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:01 am » Man: You have three suspects: The Immaculate Order, A theater group, and the Abyssal embassy from Thorns.
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 am » Misa: But then, if you insist... *leans back* Mikan! This guy wants to take a walk!
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 am » .
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 am » Misa: We could, but I don't think you want to. So, hows about your tip?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:52 am » The man laughs. "We can mosey over to the Market District if you'd prefer.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am » .
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am » Misa: *smiles* I find the best ways to keep secrets is to speak them in crowds... nobody believes you'd say anything of importance then.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:49 am » The man breaths some smoke. "What, not even letting me in? You ain't much for secrets, are you, miss? Alright. I'll play your game. I can stand out here all night if I have to... but listen: You're hunting the guy who killed the V'neef nob. A man wearing a mask, right? Only two groups bought those masks in the past few weeks. The first is the Immaculate order, the second is a theater troop putting on a performance they use such masks for. Buuut imagine my surprise when we discovered that there's a third in the city that looks like the other two..."
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:47 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 am » .
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:44 am » Misa: *shrug* Alright, what's your tip?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:43 am » Man: Aw don't be like that, Miss. We're on the same side, I promise. And I humbly vow to help you however I can in bringing the killer to justice. In fact, we have a tip.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 am » Mikan: I promise I remembered to put up the "No Solicitors" sign!
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 am » Misa: Ahhhh... Well, that's great for you. I assume he gave you the appropriate forms to fill out?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 am » RainOOC: And I have a bridge I'd like to sell.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 am » .
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 am » Man: I represent a group of concerned merchants. Because we wish to act in the community's good, we have promised to help him and you track down a killer.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 am » ((Oddmunds in trrrooouuuuubleeeee))
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 am » .
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 am » Misa: ...I see. And why'd he send you?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 am » There's a man at the door, a cigar in his mouth, his clothing a mix of blacks and grays with a slick black coat. "'ello there. Your man, Oddmund, sent me."
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 am » Mikan: *curious*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 am » Rain: *pats her shoulder*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 am » Rain: *pulls the blanket back up over Tali, just in case*
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 am » Misa, unofficial spokesman of the group at the guardhouse, goes over to the door and opens it.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 am » And at this... there's a knock on the door.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 am » Rain: Worth a try.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 am » .
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 am » Tali: If you could. I don't know if he'd help, but... he's the greatest swordsman in the city. Or so he says.
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 am » Misa: I'll go with you.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am » ((*then))
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am » Mikan: Want me to get him?
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am » ((Allo!))
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am » ((Allo))
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am » Misa: Yes, that's the same Mal. So this Sprout sounds like someone to talk to.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 am » Mikan: Because it sounds to me like your friend Sprout may just be a decent judge of character.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 am » ((Allo.))
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 am » Mikan: ...This the same guy who told everyone to wreck !@#$ just to get the sun god's attention, than got your folks to try to kill you?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:28 am » Tali: But he had nothing but loathing for Mal since the two met. Which is weird. Mal's so... charming.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 am » Tali: He used to be so nice to us. He told us stories about the Sun Kings. He even claimed he fought one once, although that may be hyperbole.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 am » Tali looks down. "I don't know if he'd come. He's... particular. But you could try, I suppose."
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 am » Misa: ...We could probably do that. But yes, it might be easier to bring him here.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am » Mikan: *frown* I'm not sure you're in any shape to move. Could we bring this Sprout guy here instead?
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 am » Could all of you please escort me to the dojo of Sprout the Undefeated? I think... he may be the only person left in the city who can protect me from Mal and the others without killing them.
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 am » Misa: Yes?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 am » Tali: Um, I have a favor to ask, if I may.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 am » And that is where we find Mikan, Rain, and Misa. In the Guardhouse with Tali, who is sitting back up on the bed, looking tired.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 am » The Princess has met Zixin and is currently with Slays, Zixin, and Oddmund. Slays and Oddmund made a deal with the Guild to have their agents in the city help find the murderer, in return for being promised any info that the group finds on "The Silver Lining". Meanwhile, Tali (The Wounded Girl) Told you all her story, and about being a member of the Cult of the Illuminated. Whose local members, having never even SEEN a solar, are getting anxious and frusterated. Until they met a man named Mal, whom she can't describe or talk about much. Mal has told them that in order to draw the Sun and it's Children's attention they must convince it that the world still needs its Heroes. To do this, they must commit tragedy. This terrified Tali, who ran and was hunted by her former friends. The NPC Troll played stopped by and tried to talk his way in. He wanted to make friends, and was asking about the Silver Lining. But he's not the same person that Oddmund and Slays met, and speaks with a Flametongue accent, just like Mikan does. Misa sent him away without committing to anything. If he's of the Guild or another group, it's hard to say.
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:22 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 am » Ok.... just a quick recap for Wally, since I already did for everyone else.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 am » Zoe: *now has a sudden urge to murder someone*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:19 am » *Sweeps the book and Jennifer out of chat and then puts Zoe back in her place in Echo's library as the campaign starts in antoher place in the world* Previously... in Exalted!
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 am » Zoe: *not letting Jennifer take the book out of chat*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 am » Jennifer: I am trying to READ.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am » Teal: *finds the sweet an appropriate bribe to leave chat*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am » I move quickly
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am » That was fast.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am » They're all banned now.
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am » Hiya all
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » So they might just be existing because.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » Weirdly enough most spammers don't actually post ever.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » Fuzzy: *supervising*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » no idea. figure it's a spammer about to do their thing elsewhere in the forum
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » DM: That's it! Someone's here. I'm sweeping MSW people out. And gently convincing Teal to leave by offering her a sweet.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am » Hiya, Wally.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » Shun and Demothesis:*fighting*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » What's with all the spammy-looking names starting with Emary?
Wallycaine « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » *pokes head in*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » Demothesis: ...*this is quickly becoming an unpleasant trip*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » Fuzzy: Ooooh. I can do that.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 am » Shun: ohhhhhh, this one knows how to fight. *grinning* nope, I've got this, bap me if it looks like I'm about to break something of his.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » Fuzzy: ...Shun do you need rescuing?
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » Fuzzy: *pokes Demothesis*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » Michael: Thank you, Demothesis.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » Demothesis:*pinning Shun to the ground and handing the scanner back to Michael*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » Michael: *Glaring at BC* Not using any of the tech I brought with me, no. This machine was meant to detect energy signatures and their general shape, not analyze the effects they have on people. Beyond that, it's not my specialty field, and I'm mostly just a dabbler due to voices in my head. I'd say to even get started doing what you're proposing I'd have to watch the process of the pair-bonding with the scanner right off the bat
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am » BC: Ideally while maintaining a safe distance from the person you would be illustrating this to?
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am » Zixin: *wants to see the device because he's curious now*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am » Demothesis:*ready to restrain Shun if needed.*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 am » Shun: Too late, thought of it. Now I just have to make it reality. I do the transfre of the first to the second pretty fast most days. *grins*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 am » Sai: *Watching the spectacle and face-pawing his wolf-ish frame*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 am » BC: You couldn't, by any chance, clearly and effectively illustrate that said essence construct does not replace or dramatically alter one's personality, moral code, or core soul?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 am » Michael: Mr. Demothesis, please encourage this lout to let go of my not-so-passive scanner. *Points at Shun*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 am » Zoe: I would posit that this is more related to your behavior than to the similarity of other people to me.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:10 am » Echo: just checking because there's a strange girl reading my books and she's giving me the exact same "you must be stupid" look you do frequently~
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:10 am » Zoe: *restraining the urge to hit Echo with a book*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 am » Zoe: I did not clone myself, Echo.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 am » Michael: Unless you and the clone had some kind of networked mind. Also, don't even think of getting near that. *Pulls the Scanner Gun back away*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 am » BC: *hands it over* This is getting interesting.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 am » Echo: A special brain sharing clone then~
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 am » Shun: *suddenly behind Michael* excuse me what? You can actually measure the essence closely enough to determine it's a construct? BC let me see that thing. *manners, what are those?*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:07 am » Zoe: A clone of me would not enable me to read more books. It would enable the clone to read books.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:07 am » Michael: Hey! Let go of that. I need more data on how that weird essence construct lodged into you guys functions.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:07 am » Echo: I don't know, to read more books~?
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 am » BC: ...*whistles while disarming Michael*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 am » .
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » Jennifer: *this is a weird approach to psychology* *reading*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » BC: Please don't.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » Michael: You'd best. *Getting out the LARGE scanner*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » Yoriki: ... I'm just going to start running and screaming now.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » Zoe: ...why would I do that.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am » Slays and Demothesis:*going to ignore the other exists as long as possible*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Michael: *Looking at Yoriki*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Yoriki: *Looking at Michael*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Michael: *Looking at Yoriki*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Yoriki: *Looking at Michael*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Echo: ...Zoe, did you clone yourself~?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 am » Yoriki: Ack! Blade WAIT! Most of these people don't even know who I AM!
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am » BC: *stands him next to Michael*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am » Michael: ... fine.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am » BC: *grabs Yoriki*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am » Demothesis: Sir, in my role as the official voice of reason I'd like to suggest against that. I suspect he's more dangerous than he looks. He also snuck past me.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am » BC: He reminds me of someone...
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 am » Jennifer: Hi. *reading*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 am » Michael: Ah! Another one! Demothesis, use the short range not-at-all passive scanner on him! *Points at Echo*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 am » Claire: ...Fredric's Da is my Da. I have PAPERWORK that says so.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am » Echo: Hello there~ *to jennifer, looming friendily*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am » Michael: Claire, we both know you will anyway, regardless of anyone's permissoin. Short of Frederic's dad telling you no
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am » Claire: ...can I still blow things up?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am » BC: Don't worry, there will probably be explosions anyway.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am » Michael: I am? Blast!
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am » Claire: I can provide that part. *helpful!*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am » Sarcastic: In a manner implying agreement
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 am » Sarcastic: ...Michael, you're shaking her hand already.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 am » Michael: But then I'd miss out on the fun of trial and error as I develop my own! I'll be missing out on the explosions and the spray of schrapnel!
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 am » BC: Tell you what. I'm an archaeologist. If you promise not to touch anything without permission, I'll let you come on a dig with me so you can see the remains of essence batteries anywhere between five hundred and two thousand years old.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 am » Jennifer: You are too. *reading one of Echo's psychology books*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:57 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 am » Michael: *Pushes BC's hand away* I am not adorable!
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 am » BC: *pats Michael* Aww, you're adorable.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 am » Zixin: *wonders if someone should tell Michael about the things that are wrong with his design* *maybe Shun will do it*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 am » Dusk: *grins*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 am » Shun:*does not build tech on a whim, has to plan very carefully due to very limited resources*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 am » Zixin: *jealous of people who can build advanced tech on a whim*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » BC: *abrupt laughter*
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » Shun: *pfffft!*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » BC: ...
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » Michael: That would require some sort of... essence battery. The concept is so laughable that I'm only half-heartedly sketching prototypes on this cocktail napkin
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » Claire: *babysitting Teal at the moment*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 am » Teal: Peep, Mii-chu.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am » Michael: You can't... import... essence. It's not like there's someone who can put it in a jar and carry it home to their parents. *Is oblivious*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am » BC: You also get cancerous tumors from Wyld exposure, due to mutation.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am » Teal: *has a mote of essence in a little jar*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am » Claire: We could import some.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am » Shun: necrotic essence would likely have a similar reult actually since cancer is something of growth gone out of control
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am » Michael: I'm comparing it to sources of energy from my universe. Which doesn't have Essence, at least not in the same context as yours does.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am » BC: *unsure why this person is opposed to order and lack of cancer*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am » BC: What are you comparing it to, Wyld energy?
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am » Demothesis:*helped*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am » Michael: You don't want to know the answer to that, and I don't want to tell you.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am » Sarcastic: Wait, when did you test two hundred...
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am » Michael: It tends to induce order into unordered systems. Cancer rates in this universe are remarkably low based on a test percentage of 200 poeple I've tested.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 am » BC: ...You've clearly never seen an essence cannon in action.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 am » Michael: Quite frankly, it's an insufferably benevolent energy source, at least in the states I've seen
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 am » Michael: ...essence is not like something we have called radiation? At all.
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 am » BC: What have you found so far?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 am » Ti: *drapes a blanket over Hue*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 am » Michael: Yes. Comparing it to similar cirucmstances in my own universe, as well as dissimilar ones. Since I now have four kids I'm doing more research and less evil scheming these days.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 am » Claire: I'm here because it's shiny.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 am » BC: That... actually sounds pretty interesting. Like ambient essence?
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 am » Hue: *curled up asleep in the background*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 am » Michael: I'm just here to get background energy readings for a paper on interdimensional physics.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 am » Fuzzy: *has been recognized!*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » Claire: I'm Claire!
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » BC: ...Except you, Fuzzy.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » Zoe: *doesn't turn into a hedgehog like ever*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » Ti: *rubs his ears* You do have skritchable ears.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » Blade Carrier: Who areall you people?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am » I think Sai spends a lot of time in his wolf-form. It's easier and less burdened by heavy thoughts
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 am » Ti: *grins*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 am » Wolf'd Sai: *Chasing and catching one*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 am » Ti: *starts casually throwing sticks*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am » Michael: ... I suppose.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am » Fuzzy: Chael?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am » Chic: Then your name is shortened, since the whole name isn't said casually in a sentance.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am » Michael: No.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am » Fuzzy: *it is the only logical conclusion to be drawn*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am » Fuzzy: ...so your last name is Ael?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am » Michael: I have a last name.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:30 am » Chic: Yeah, Michael, but most people have surnames, even middle names. You're an exception.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:29 am » Michael: MINE doesn't.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:28 am » Dusk: Tell me about it. *grins* If people had to use my full name...heh.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 am » Fuzzy: ...doesn't everyone's name get shortened?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 am » Michael: It's pretentious and while accurate, too much to ever be said casually in a sentence, forcing a contraction and effectively divorcing the name from general use.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 am » Fuzzy: ...accuracy is ridiculous? *confused*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 am » Michael: Actually, a younger one. I'm not sure if you've met him or not... his name is Hare Which Pushes Open The Wolf's Snapping Jaws. Which by the way is a ridiculous example of the odd naming structures many of your kind use
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 am » Rex: *chases the ball!*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Fuzzy: If it was Echo your data is probably wrong.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Fuzzy: Which lunar?
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Claire: Michael asked.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Mimic: *throws the ball again, wibbly colors giving an impression of giggling*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Michael: I've studied a lunar.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 am » Fuzzy: How do you know?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:20 am » Chic: *snorts with laughter* And mad science does?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:20 am » Michael: *Glaring at Fuzzy* The matter/energy conversion behind your transformations makes almost no sense.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:19 am » Rex: *flies after it, and brings it back*
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:19 am » Mimic: *throws ball*
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 am » Chic: *shrugs* As long as we've appeared, what difference does it make, Claire?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 am » Rex: *noses Mimic* As much as I am. Bah, here we have a reboot, and I'm still chihuahia sized. *drops a ball in front of Mimic*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 am » Claire: Is suddenly appearing because the universe says so natural or unnatural?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:16 am » .
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:15 am » Mimic: *is not sure if she qualifies as a natural anything*
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:15 am » Fuzzy: *pokes Michael*
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 am » Michael: Hmmph. It's still an interloper.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 am » You can't say for certain that your own mad scientists aren't equally unnatural, at their origin.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 am » The effects of the magical energy are semi-heritable in many cases.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 am » Michael: That's only the people whose brains are short circuiting on some sort of magical energy. They don't have NATURAL ones.
Snail « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 am » It... does?
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 am » Michael: Hmmph. All this waiting for a game that is fundamentally ridiculous. And why doesn't this other universe have it's OWN mad scientists?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 am » Beta Labs chat. ^^
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 am » Heh, I clicked on the old chat log thread randomly, just because, and it was the creation of Teal.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 am » yeah, if we did start we'd start with MIkan and Rain.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 am » Waiting is fine.
Kate « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 am » I don't wanna play without Luc 'cause he said he'd be late and it seems unfair
Demothesis « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 am » I'm cool with waiting until whenever ^.^
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am » I don't want to play without people, but I would like to play tonight if at all possible
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am » I'd... PREFER to wait for just a bit longer.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am » Doesn't matter to me, I could play or I could wait.
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am » Thanks, Zobot.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am » Ok... Wally and Tinker are both still afk. Would either group want to start without them?
chicgeek « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am » .
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am » And that, as I recall, is that.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am » If he's of the Guild or another group, it's hard to say.,
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am » The NPC Troll played stopped by and tried to talk his way in. He wanted to make friends, and was asking about the Silver Lining. But he's not the same person that Oddmund and Slays met, and speaks with a Flametongue accent, just like Mikan does.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am » This terrified Tali, who ran and was hunted by her former friends
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am » Mal has told them that in order to draw the Sun and it's Children's attention they must convince it that the world still needs its Heroes. To do this, they must commit tragedy
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:57 am » Meanwhile, Tali (The Wounded Girl) Told you all her story, and about being a member of the Cult of the Illuminated. Whose local members, having never even SEEN a solar, are getting anxious and frusterated. Until they met a man named Mal, whom she can't describe or talk about much.
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 am » The Princess has not gone home yet, but has met Zixin and is currently with Slays, Zixin, and Oddmund. Slays and Oddmund made a deal with the Guild to have their agents in the city help find the murderer, in return for being promised any info that the group finds on "The Silver Lining"
Zobot257 « Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 am » To clarify that:


Last edited by Snail on Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
4/20/2013, originally logged by chicgeek

FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » I had loads!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » It's ok, Wally. Life happens, and we started with the other half anyway.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Slays:*this istuation is not ideal*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Yes
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » yep ^.^
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Yeah, definitely. Sorry for being late.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » kk
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Did people have fun?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am » I'm sort of worn out, I have prep work to do for next time, and it's late for everyone
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am » And with this, with Oddmund in mortal peril, Zixin confused and concerned, Slays racing to his aid, and Misa, Mikan, and Rain reading to go meet someone new, we're going to stop for the evening
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » Misa: Does he now? Huh... guess I should talk to him more...
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » Mikan: Oh, like Odd's folks! I'm sure he'd like a chance to talk to you. Misses the theater, you know?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am » Tali: That makes sense. She stands up, wobbling a bit, still a bit woozy. "Ah... dizzy." She looks at Mikan. "Yes... my family are entertainers."
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am » Mikan: You wear costumes a lot?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Misa: Trust me, I'd rather do some extra work, and find out it's not necessary, than have it turn out to be a problem when I could have fixed it
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Tali: This is better than some of the costumes I've worn before. You have quite a talent.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Mikan: We do a good job, huh? *proud*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Misa: That's kinda the point, after all.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » Tali: This seems... very elaborte. I don't even recognise myself in my reflection in the water!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » MikanOOC: Her eyes change color too often as it is. I wanna SEE when they go all green-y and creepy.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » The average onlooker, or even the discerning scrutinizer, wouldn't see anything more than another guard. Wearing baggy clothing and having fallen in the mud a few times.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am » It'd be better if you could change her eye color, but that would take some sort of tiny lenses... perhaps the sort that would be flexible, and have ot be kept in fluid to stay moist. But that's just the glubbing of insanity.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 am » Alright. Between Misa and Mikan, you manage to make over Tali to look nearly entirely different from who she is. With flat, straw hair, a spare guard's uniform that is baggy and puffed out, and even makeup to make her face look darkened and muddy, you manage to nearly entirely conceal every trait about her save her eye color.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 am » 7,4,10,5,7, 4,1,3 (4 successes)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » ,
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » (Yeah, I think that's what we figured out)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » (I think)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » No wait. It has to be water because it's a two dot specialty.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am » (It'd be craft Water.... I mean, taht's what most chemical-stuff is)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am » (Dangit, I have three dots in Craft Water and one in Craft Air and I can't remember which is relevant. I think Air?)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 am » (Darn tupos)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *would also have been less than pleased if renamed Amy*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *would have been very sad if unable to use specialty*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *typo dangit!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » Yaaaaaaaaaay!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » I didn't just try to rename you amy. That was just a typ
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » You may
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » You amy
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » Yes.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » I have a specialty in Craft: Makeup Artistry. Can I substitute Craft for Larceny?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » Misa already made one, so between the two of you we'll determine how successful this is
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » Alright. Mikan, you need to make a Larceny + Wits check plus any relevant specialties to contribute to disguising Tali
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am » Misa: Good, that makes things easier.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am » Rain: *watches, with interest*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:13 am » Tali: *As people disguise her* Not that I know of...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:13 am » (Back. Sorry)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 am » ((*have))
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 am » Mikan: You hve any allergies you know of, miss?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Mikan: *pshnerk* Bold claims is right.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » (kay)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Dog wants out
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Misa: Between the Sun and Moon? Huh... that's an interesting claim.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » brb
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » Tali: *Nervous gasp* A-ah... Well, anyways... Master Sprout used to tell us stories about the great Sun Kings he claimed he met, and making bold claims. He was always a bit over the top, really. But talented in fighting. Able to fight even without hurting his foes. He even claimed once to have dueled a Sun King who stood between the Sun and Moon!
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » Misa: *chuckles* Yeah, just Tali. I mean, that girl we saw with the attackers... she definitely claimed to be guild. So if the Guild is involved, and just had someone at the door... I don't want them seeing Tali outside.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » (nifty^^)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am » ((Mikan has an actual specialty in Craft: Makeup Artistry I am genuinely excited about this))
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am » Rain: *grins* Just Tali? I'm not easy to disguise.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » Misa: Yes Tali, disguises. I'm pretty decent at them, though having a proper makeup kit helps. Used to be, I mostly worked in boils for the beggers... obviously I'm moving up in the world
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » Mikan: *makeup kit!*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 am » Misa: Sure thing Mikan. Here... put some here... and there.... open your mouth...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am » Tali: D-disguises?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am » Mikan: ...Is it time for disguises? Because I could help with that~
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am » Misa: Naw, I get the feeling this group doesn't like to be thwarted. So, we'll take her with us... just give me ten minutes.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Tali: I... I guess.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Rain: Well, hang tight here for a little? Or just one of us go to see the Sprout?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Tali: *Nods* Yes. I think Master Sprout is the only person in the city who can stand up to Mal and my friends without having to hurt anyone.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » Misa: That's not a terrible idea... At the same time, given Sleazy just left, I feel like we probably shouldn't bring Tali out into the open...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » Tali: *Sitting up and shaking her head* Thank you.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am » Misa: *shrugs* It's possible. Odd may have not known what he was getting into, or just thought it was the best thing to do. Regardless, if Odd wants to tell him things, Odd can tell him things. I'm not being the go between.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am » Rain: No way to know until we talk to Odd. *shrugs* Soo...Tali, you want to see your martial artist friend?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:56 am » Mikan: You think he really made some deal with Odd? *pulls covers back on Tali after door closes*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » So now the four of you are alone.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » Misa: *pulls back into the guardhouse* ...Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not telling anything to him ever again.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am » He walks out of sight, heading towards the direction of the setting sun.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am » Misa: *waves* Seya.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » And he starts to wander off
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » Guild Agent: Suuure. Alright. I guess I'll just come back later when your superior is around. See y'later, Merc.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 am » Misa: *isn't terribly good at lying* (No sucesses)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 am » Make a Performance + Manipulation check for that, Misa. It's a bit of a lie.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 am » Misa: *shrugs* Honestly, between stopping a disturbance on the docks that I'm sure you know nothing about, and dealing with our normal guard buisness... we haven't had a ton of time
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:42 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:40 am » Guild Agent: Well, yer boss promised you'd all help us find out more about what the Corpsetaker was looking for. Before he died. I'd like to ask if you could share what you know.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am » Misa: *raises an eyebrow* ...And why should you be allowed into a secure guardhouse, especially since you've already completed your buisness? I hope you're not expecting tea and crumpets.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 am » Guild Agent:Hey, no need to be so unneighborly. We're in this together. Ain't I allowed t'come in?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:36 am » Misa: *still pointedly standing in the doorway*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:35 am » Misa: Well, thanks for your help. I'll be sure to let them know.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 am » Mikanooc: You don't like cookies?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Taliooc: It smells like cookies for some reason! ><
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Mikan and Rain are making noise to keep Tali from being noticed, and Tali is underneath some covers on a guard's bed.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Just a recap, Misa has been talking with an envoy of the Guild collection of concerned merchants at the front door, who has just told her that there's a third suspect. the Abyssal diplomatic envoy from Thorns at the diplomatic conference, who brought an oni mask WITH them. He's trying to be let in.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » So, just to review our position... there was the guy from the guilds at the front door? Or was he about to wander off?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 am » *snk*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » *vwooop*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » And no, this is certainly not a stalling tactic since I didn't have time to prepare pogs for this creature. How silly of you to even ask!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » Well, gives me time to find the fate cards.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » Hah.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » You are now Misa, Rain, and Mikan. In the Guardhouse, with the girl Tali in tow.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » The creature attacks- And then suddenly you stop being the Theatre Group, because you are too busy being the other group, slightly in the past.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » Hi!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » *searching through files for my fate cards...*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » Damn, no.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:29 am » Usually you only can if the charm states you can
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » Let me see...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » You're considered unaware since you didn't get a high enough perception. Can you still do that?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » Oddmund uses Spirit Shift!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 am » As one of the singers on stage chimes "An' she shot Fraya's ear off, jess ta' prove 'o was tha' best! Slays begins climbing up towards the catwalks. It is then that Oddmund smells something. Right behind him. A scent of burnt metal and spilled blood. As a creature, all greenish tinted iron with muscles grafted to it, eyes with a deep violent glow, materializes behind him. It raises a claw and lunges forward...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 am » Zixin: ...yes, Slays. *scared. gonna keep working.*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 am » Oddmunds ears are beginning to twitch from the pain, and he quietly draws his sword, leaning n the 'sheath' to try and stay upright as he walks further to the stage.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:25 am » Slays: *grimaces and shakes his head, setting his jaw in determination* Stay here Zixin. *dashes over to the ladder to the catwalks and climbs them rapidly and silently*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:25 am » *amused by Luna prayers*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » Ok. Oddmund, you don't see anything, or hear anything. The sound seems to be echoing up in the catwalks, coming from every directoin.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » Pfff.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Gosh ding dang gosh heck feck hazza! 6,7,6,2,5, 5,3 (1 success)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Luna considers people pulling pranks on other people to be a form of worship. Everything about Luna is weird
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » LunaOOC: My favorite~
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Woo!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Luna prayers are wierd.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » ...he's also going to say a quick one to Luna, which sort of translates to 'If its funny, make him trip'.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 am » Alright. Make a Perception + Awareness check. You can add one dot due to your supernatural sense.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » While still praying the holy mantra to Sol.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » Oddmund is going to *as quietly as possible* walk back and forth on the catwalk, and try to see if he can sense where it is.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » Ok. How is Oddmund going to go about trying to find what's up here?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » Oddmund is going to whisper a fervent and *complex* Ancient Prayer to The Unconqured Sun to find victory and for his Suns light to shine on this monster.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 am » Eeee...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 am » It is said to be a twisted creature of greenish iron forged by greater servants of the dark forces of Malfeas, lured to places where great tragedy have occured. Anyone of the Monks of the Wyld Hunt who have faced one and lived have told traveling storytellers and such of the strange noises these creatures make when they move, and how they can whisper dark thoughts into the minds of the bloodthirsty
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 am » Zixin: *has shakey hands as he's working, now*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 am » Traveling actors and storytellers tell tales of horrible battles where both sides continue the slaughter long after memory of the purpose behind their conflict is forgotten. In the face of such senseless slaughter, a particular sort of malfean-entity known as a Nephilim may be able to find its way into Creation, drawn by the din of the fighting.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 am » Slays: *is edging slightly towards the back of the backstage, hesitatingly*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » The noise itself Oddmund has never heard of, but he knows of it.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » Zixin: *nervoouuus*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » Oddmund is in pain from the sound, but he's still going to grit his teeth and try to pin-point *as close as possible* the sounds source.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » 5,10,8,6 (3 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » I do!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » Yessir, lesee....
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 am » Zixin: ...meep.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 am » Slays:*grimacing* Something very dangerous in here with us....
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » (meep)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » Zixin: ...Slays? *fix fix*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » Odd, the sound is almost cacophanous here. If you have Occult, please make an int + occult check. If you don't have it, there's no roll necessary. Now that you're up here, with the noise around you but no noticable source, what do you do?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » Odd, you nimbly bounce up into the catwalks, surrounded by darkness. They sway back and forth lightly as you land, hearing the performers singing about Fraya Ferras, the woman who grew up the best little markswoman the south had ever seen. As the chorus continues to go into how Fraya Ferras started working as a lawwoman for a settlement in the south, and then got into an archery duel with Kitha Kill'em, a roguish lass who was also skilled with a bow, you see, down below, Slays grimmacing and clutching his head.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » Slays:*holding the side of his head and wincing suddenly*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 am » Oddmund grabs hold od hsi staf, and wordlesly activates it, holding carefully to it as it grows, launching him straight up, attempting to land with care on h catwalk, retracting the staff as he hits the middle of his leap.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am » 6,10,2,10,6, 1,1,1 (4 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 am » Woo!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:04 am » Hah! Ok, yeah, that's a good point. I'll allow you to make a stealth + dexterity check with a 1 die stunt bonus to do it unobserved
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am » Actualy, it wouldnt. You just said that the play has started, right? So the house lights are out, but the stage lights are on brightly, and all audience attention is fixated on the stage. Oddmunds staff makes no noise on its own, and Oddmund is pretty graceful- the worst he can do is thunk when he hits the catwalk. He's in the audience, but to the side, in the aisles. With all that in mind, I don't see why he couldnt do it quietly.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am » Fujio: Ah, r-right.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » That would make a bit of a scene, is Oddmund going to do it with that in mind?
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » Oddmund is going to grasp the Princess' shoulder, *firmly*, and sort of push her back aainst the wall. "Y'all stay *here* unless I call, yes? YOU need to watch after the *crowd*. Thems yer people. Time tuh prove yer *their* gal." he gently kisses her forhead, gives her a stiff but sincere smile, and grabs his cane. He's going to activate it's ability to stretch to launch himself into the catwalk as gracefully as he can try to.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » Fujio: Um... Sarge? You aren't doing that because the performance is cheesy, are you?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » Zixin: *FIXING things!*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » There soon forms a line
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » That being said, once Zixin fixes that prop, other backstage workers soon find other things for him to fix
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Sorr Z, I didnt see the extra descriptions, the page had moved up.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Zixin: *continuing to poke at props*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Sorry 'bout that.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » You notice nothing as you help back stage.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Ah. Ok, sorry. I didn't realize
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » I have -3 dice.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Sorry.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Um, I can't.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Kate, did you make your roll?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 am » I mentioned it sounds like it's coming from above, up in the general direction of the catwalks
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:56 am » Can he tell what direction its coming from?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » It's difficult to pick out over the din of all the people around you, but it's there. And since it's so unusual, it's easy to listen for it once you know it's there.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » Except that it doesn't sound like clawing or scraping. Those are just words used conventiently to describe what it would sound like if a mortal coudl hear it
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » (XD)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » It's a bit hard to put specifically into words what you hear. It's not on a frequency most mortals, unlike yourself, can distinguish. There's a sort of... *clawing* sound. An odd metallic scraping noise from up in the darkened catwalks above the stage.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » He put his arm around the princess from the front, pressing her back into the wall, and strains to identify the noise, and where its coming from.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » Oddmunds esrs both go up- *straight* up in the air, making him look like a pissed off donkey with ginger hair.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:51 am » Alright. Oddmund? As you are here, you... hear something. Something odd. Something supernatural.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » 3 sucsesses.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » Just did. *points down*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » Alright. So make your check, Oddmund! Also, Zixin, make an investigate + wits check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 am » (heya)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:46 am » (Hi Wally!)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » (Hey all)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » (Hey Wally!)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » 4,2,3,10,1, 9 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » *pokes head in, apologizes for lateness*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » Oddmund 'wavers' for a second, and it could be said he stops 'glittering', and instead sort of... 'gleams' instead, Notably, his shoulders, tail, and ears drop into slouches. To anyone who knows him, lik the Princess, it just means hes 'concentrating'.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » Zixin: *wants to look at the other props*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » oooo.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » Righto.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » Alright. Yes, you can certainly do that
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » just keeping an eye out for out of the ordinary, the usual for slays
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » It spends two motes, and switches Oddmunds Intelligence and Charisma stats, and lasts either one hour in game, or or comitts one mote to last longer, one mote to end it earlier.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » What does that do again? I recall you suggesting it
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » Ah, may I do something first? I meant to have Oddmund utilize his special charm, Queens View to Backstage
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » Soon as the performance starts, Zixin and Slays find themselves backstage with little to do. Are you guys doing anything here?
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 am » Ooh!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Oddmund! Please make a perception + awareness check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Aka: The Pallywides. No one knows why they're called that.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » If theres no chore that looks like it can easily be fixed, Oddmund is going to find a empty place to stand in the audience, in one of the aiseles to the far right or left.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Meanwhile, Fujio and Oddmund are led to watch from "th' pallywides". As they see a man holding a banjo on stage as the lights dim. "The ballad of Fraya Farras..."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Zixin: *projeeeect*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:37 am » Despite that, it's not that hard to fix. There's a part that's bent too far out of shape, and needs to be replaced. However, Zixin is able to improvise.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » Zixin: *distracted by nerves*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » 2 successes for craft(wood) + dex
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » (I'd say wood is easier than magitech)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » (Hmm, i bet a prop wuld fire a little firework, but in a gun casing.)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » (wood versus magitech? does it matter?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 am » (Fletching specialty wouldn't apply here)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 am » (any preference between wood and magitech? and I'm asking 'cause I do have a fletching speciality but I don't know if it applies or not)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 am » (They're a bit more complicated than bows. I'd say it'd be a craft Wood or a Craft Magitech roll, plus dexterity. Since ti's only a prop.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 am » Oddmund gives her a loving, gentle cuff around the ear. "More like yer chaperone, girrly. Y' aint mah type~"
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 am » (also what's the roll to fix the flamewand, and do flamewands fall under 'fletching' because the rulebook sort of counts them like bows but that might just be for the purpose of combat rules)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 am » Fujio: *Grins* So are you my date tonight, uh, "Sarge"?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » Oddmund tips his hat, and grabs the princess' arm. "I kin help with quick-changin costumes, but if theres not much else to do, we'l go and watch from th' pallywides."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » (...I'm not sure.)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » (4 successes on a perception +awareness)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » ((...Zix does know it's just supposed to be a prop, right?))
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » Slays: *Works to get the props on stage as he was asked, keeping a look out for anything out of the ordinary*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » Zixin: *DISTRACTION* *close examining*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » "The play's a bit'a an old mellydrama, fer some'a the foreigners in the city lately." She grins as she points out some of the actors, and then quickly assigns Slays a job of pushing out set props onto stage while the curtains are closed. To Zixin she asks him to help fix a fake Flamewand that has broken and won't function properly on stage
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:26 am » Oddmund: *doesnt seem to notice the staring, or possibly is riding high on it*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Zixin: *meep*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » There's a lot of staring, and a few actors whisper amongst themselves. There may be a bit of giggling and a few smirks.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Slays: ... ah. *slightly embarassed apologetic look*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Oddmund gives people bright smiles and little waves, effortlessly stepping around people, neatly.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Alright. As you guys are led in by the young lady, she closes the door behind you and leads you into the brightly colored theater dressing room. Then, after a few moments of thought, she slides a chair in front of the door's path of opening. She leads you past several other actors, some in traditional Delzahn garb, and others dressed like lavish merchants.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 am » Oddmund gently elbows Slays. "You sure ferget yer handsome a lot, fellah."
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » (Ouch...)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » Slays: *looks confused at Odd*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » (Dang it, the window closed and I lost my post and the chat session)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 am » Oddmund grins, and pats Ziixin. "I reckin it'd be good for im. Slays here could probably haul sumthin heavy, but he might distract th' chorus gals an boys. Thanks so much fer yer help, ma'am!'
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 am » Zixin: Y-yes'm.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 am » The young lady giggles a bit. " Aww... ain't he a quiet little sweetie! 'ello Zix! Ah don' think we could say no t'another set of hands backstage. Come on, Ah'll see if we could give ya somethin' t'do!""
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 am » Oddmund pats Zixins head. "Theres a fellah."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 am » Zixin: *squeak* H-hi? I'm s-sorry I didn't knock!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 am » Oddmund hums, and crosses his arms. "Weyull, thats verreh good of yah. Gossipins a terrible sin~" he winks at her a little. "Weyull, Ah wouldnt mind iffin we could stand at the back of the theater. Wouldnt dream ah takin no seats. Kin say were here tuh keep the enthralled crowd frum riotin. Y'all sure ya dont need a spare stagehand?" he slaps Zixin on the back, dragging him out. "Zixin heres deft as anyone. Say 'Hello' to th' nice lady, Zix."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am » She frowns. " Aw, I ain't really comfertable swappin' stuff behind other's backs! Now, if yah wanna talk to Roke, ah could let you watch the show an' you could ask him after...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am » Oddmund nods firmly. "Aye, but just cause its happened before aint no reason not t' worry. How come she aint been given the boot fer vanishin? Skilled gal?"
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am » She tilts her head. "Ah, no need fer concern! Tha lil' miss is always ah bit moody. Ah think she's just got butterflies in her stomach. This ain't thah first time she's flown tha coop.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:11 am » Oddmund frowns. "Lookin' fer an actress? Someones missin'?" he asks, with concern.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 am » She shakes her head. "Now ah'd love t', but Roke's on stage raiht now, gettin' ready tah set tha stage fer the crowd. We're ah bit behind t'night... a lotta the stagehands ah' out lookin' for one of our actresses!"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 am » Oddmund makes a note of the location. "Beeyutiful! Mikan'll like that. Diya think y'all could be so kind as tuh let us through, or ask Roke tuh come back in' talk to us? Its terribl' important, but ah dont want tuh waste yer time, miss....?"
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 am » She tilts her head. " Shucks, Ah'd be happy t'tell ya! There's this nahce place down'a street run by ah rahel sweetie of an alchemist. He made it all up jess fer me!" She folds her arms. " Props? Thah'd be Roke. 'es thah stage managah.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 am » Zixin: *hidiiiiing*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 am » Oddmund gestures to the others. "Mah menfolk hurr dont know the theater, ma'am, but if I know Zixin he'll never' open a door without knockin' fer th' rest uh his life. Delicate flower, I'll loan ya'll him tuh fix yet stage lights sometime."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am » Zixin: *staying behind Slays*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am » Slays: *reemerges around the corner*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » (Er, sorry. Repost that)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » She tilts her head. "
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » Oddmund beams, and bows a little- gesting for the others to come back around the corner if they want to. "Weyll once you're *not* buisy gettin' ready for th' ol' evenin' daily grind, I'll have to ask where ya found it. Pity they putcha in the Alley Room, that ain't no place tuh stick a star!" He winks at her, and then looks a little more serious. "Ah dont mean tuh take yer time, we just need tuh speak with whoevers in charguh the props, an' the crowds too thick tuh get through."
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 am » She folds her arms. " Y'all had business with us? This ain't foolin? We have a show in a few, so ah'm a mite busy."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am » The young lady, who has several ribbons tied in her hair, smiles. "Why yes! Ah'm surprised ya noticed!" She grins a bit. " Now, ah ain't mad. Iff'n I had jade fer every time tha's happened, ah'd have a load'a scrip!"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:58 am » Oddmund looks back, and replaces his helmet, doffing it. "Ayus ma'am, I am being so *verreh* sorry about that. Is that eyeshadow ypu're wearin 'Sunset of the Virtuous Garden #24', by any chance? Ah have a friend whos been lookin' for it'." he gives her a bright smile.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » After a feew moments, the door is re-opened. A young brown-haired lady with blue eyes and an outfit that looks to be made of tanned and stretched leathers, opens the door from the inside. " 'Ello? Mister Police Sah? Are yah still here?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Oddmund is going to wait in the alleyway, shoulders squared, and eyes turned towards the sky, muttering a prayer and circling over his chest with one hand.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Zixin: *hiding sounds like a good idea*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Slays: ... *nods and escorts Zixin and Fujio around the corner*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » (pfff)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » "Accause this is going as is said, durian shaped."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » Zixin: *never opening a door again*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » He then sliiiides the door closed, and turns back to everyone. "...Y'all might want to duck around a corner till this is situ'ated."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » Oddmund will put his helmet over his face, lean back into the door, and hold out his badge. "Pologies, ma'am. Gonna close th' door now, but let someone know th' police need tuh talk tuh someone."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » There's a loud screech. "EEEEEEEEEEEK!"
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Zixin: I'msorry!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » "ZIXIN WE KNOCK IN THE THEATER!" Oddmund shouts, voice re-verbing.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Slays: Apologies.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Zixin: *squeak!* Sorry!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Oddmund makes a "*whoop*" sound, and he suddenlyt ackes everyone else back into the alley.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Her eyes widen as she looks at the group. There's an intake of breath.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Behind the doorway is a small, lived-in dressing room with costume parts scattered over every available surface. There's many candles lit in here, giving a bright light in the room. There is also, however, a young brown-haired lady in a state of partial undress, donning her costume's top as the group opens the door right in front of her, without the typical tradition of this particular troop to knock three times before using the Actor's Entrence.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 am » *cigarette butts
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 am » Odd: Normaly yuh can tell em by ashes in the alley, and butts.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Zixin: ...ooooh.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Ooh.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Oddmund: *to Zixin* It's a Acters Entrence, sos the crowd wont try tuh sneak in, but actors can get in, and pop out fer a smoke.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Opening the door takes a bit of effort. It seemingly hasn't been opened in a while, or perhaps it's just designed to be hard to open. As it starts to turn with a loud creak of poorly maintained joints, the group is treated to a surprising sight
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am » Zixin: ...? *has no idea what the doorway was FOR, was just looking around*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am » Oddmund: That wus plan C.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:49 am » Slays: I would have suggested the window. *might be joking a bit, might not be*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Hu! Very nice. Oddmund nods firmly. "Good. Mah backup plan was tuh knock real loud and pretend to be a chorus girl late for the show.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Fujio: That's pretty clever!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Zixin: *faaaancy* *tries the doorknob*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » A performer who knew what to look for would be able to see it with some searching, but it's not immediately obvious
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 am » @Zixin: With Oddmund's insight, you do discover there actually IS a door hidden in the alleyway. It's deliberately obscured for some reason, possibly to discourage people from sneaking in to watch the performance from behind. There's a small wooden slipcover that can be pushed up to reveal a hidden indentation with a doorknob on it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » Oddmund: *Overcome by nostalgia.)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » Zixin: *being distracted by wood carvings*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » (6 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » 2,9,3,1,4, 7 (2 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » Because it's creative, and I like encouraging that
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » It's a streeeeech, but I'll allow it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » Can I add the Preform?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am » I will allow you to aid Zixin, Oddmund. Make your roll as well and it'll impact Zixin's. Zixin: Yes, it would be craft wood and perception
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am » Craft(Wood) would be for woodworking, which this would work.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Oddmund will run a Search, and can I add, say, half of my Preform skill to indicate being familliar with theaters?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Craft wood? Huh, not complaining. Is it perception and craft(wood)?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Well... now that you're in the alleyway... IT woudl be a craft (Wood) or a harder craft (Earth), Zixin
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Oooh, clever!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Can I make a craft(earth) check for hidden doors?
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Slays: *nods* that's why I ask.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Oddmund is searching around for any hint of an entrance.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Is there absolutely no back door? Because if a theater member came late, they'd be screwed...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Oddmund: Aw, Ah figger I'd like alluyuh to come wit' me, but I can't see no door...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Alright. It's a second floor window, so are you going to try and crawl up to it?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Zixin: *following?* *is somewhat confused* *ooooh theater architecture*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Slays: *follows* Want me with you or watching the window?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 am » Hes going to sing vauge snippits of refrains from 'Journey to the West' as he trots.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 am » Okay, Oddmund gestures for everyone to follow him, and walks around to the *other* theater, tipping his helmet at passer byes. hes going to walk into their alleyway, and use the *back* alley to get to the back of the theater they need to go into.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » ,
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Slays:*sees where Odd is looking and nods thoughtfully*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Beautiful!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Yes! There is one second floor window above the alleyway, from what you can see.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am » Okay so. Are there any first or second floor windows on the alleyway visible, where say an actor might covertly be taking a smoke brea.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am » I figured.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » @Zixin: No, not that you can see.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » (1 success)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » But they aren't connected physically, the two buildings are not
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » @Oddmund: There is another building next to it, what looks to be a winery. There's an alleyway between the two, yes.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 am » @Zixin: Make a perception + Awareness check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » Oh wait! Is there another building by it with an alleyway, and does it look like they're connected around the back.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » Zixin: *looks around for a back entrance? that's not swarmed with people?*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » How far does the crowd seem to be into the alleyway?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » The roof? The building is 3 stories tall.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Yes. And it's currently swarmed by people.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » How high up is the roof?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Is there an alleyway around the theater?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Hm... thats the theater we need to get to, right?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 am » So what are you guys going to do?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 am » Zixin: *fiddles with an earring he had in his pocket as he looks around*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » Alright. Slays? You don't see anything out of the ordinary, but it's hard to be sure with people coming and going.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » The show in question is billed as "Fraya Farris, Southern Surgeon"
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » 2 successes
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Meanwhile, there is also a problem... there's quite a large crowd in front of the theater, presently barring entry
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Oddmund: *tail flitting behind him as he finishes singing* H'wyo! Looks lahk someones got a guudin.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » kk
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Slays, if you are on the alert, you should make a perception + awareness check.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » There is, however, a long line in front of the theater, with people waiting for tickets.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am » There's a strong breeze in the air, an unexpected surge of wind picking up after the relative lull of the earlier week. The four of you navigate the crowds heading towards a building known as the Castella Theater, where the particular troupe you're looking for is performing. The troupe's name is billed as The Storm's Break Singers, which is a fairly dull and unoriginal name. Their theater building is older and not quite as shiny as some of the other ones you've seen here.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 am » Zixin: *admiring the paint jobs on things*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 am » He may, in fact, skip faintly, which is quite a sight on his stilts.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am » Slays:*on the lookout, more people means more hiding places*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am » Oddmund noticably perks up as they approach the area, seeming a little more... at home then usual.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 am » This district, nearby the docks, is a lot smaller and home to entertainers of all sorts. At this time of day there's a lot of activity here as the various theater troupes entertain people within the city.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 am » It is getting later, the sun is starting to set as the four of them enter the theater district. Fujio behind Odd, and Zixin behind Slays.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 am » Oddmund: *singing to himself as they walk to the theater https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 2109,d.eWU *
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » Zixin: *FOLLOWING SLAYS because things have been scary*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » Fujio, the young princess that I'm not sure if Zixin knows is a princess, is accompanying them
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » (Oh yeah, I remember now, Luc!)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 am » SERIOUSLY, though. Oddmund, Zixin, and Slays were going to go investigate the Theater district and the troupe that bought one of the masks that may have been associated with the killing
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am » Desus: Mmmph!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am » Dawn gave Desus a taste of peanut butter, which ended up temporarily sealing his mouth shut
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » Alright. Previously, on Exalted...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » Ahaa, Z posted it up. Its not important. ^^
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » It's a separate chat in the chatlogs. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=646 is a good link
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » if it was in aim I think I missed it
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » I don't remember...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » Out of game, in AIM... I guess 'last time', more or less.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » One moment as I get ready.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » is it the one that occured the last time?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » It's a fun chat.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » I think so?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 am » Yay! *still proud of that. *
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 am » I have!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Has everyone seen Oddmunds Lecture to the Princess, out of curiosity? ^^
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Princess Fujio: *Not looking very princessy, wearing a dented guard's helmet and raggedy clothes*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Righto!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Zixin: *meep princess*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Alright! Ok, since Wally is going to be a bit late today, we're going to start with Oddmund, Zixin, Slays, and Princess Fujio.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Ok, better.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Oooh, that seems to have helped.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » *tries refreshing the page*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Mikan: *holds up scorecard: 7.8*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am » Odd: *skids into the Chat area at high speed*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am » okay here.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » nope. not here
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » Hm.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » I sorta am too...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » Teal: *helping!* *goes to find more dice*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » ...so is anyone else getting a delay between when they enter text and when it appears? Because I'm having to wait a lot longer than the 5 seconds it's supposed to take to refresh.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » That's... that's... good. Thank you, Teal.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Teal: *puts a d17 on the table* Peep!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Just, geese.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Geese.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Strange person.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am » DM: *Having Teal bring him dice in exchange for shiny coins*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » DM: *Setting up the game table.*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » not sure about nommed, but he annoyed a goose by getting too close to the hatchlings
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » Anyways...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » Sorry. I was helping my dad get home from the hospital
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am » ...did someone get nommed by a goose.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am » one guy got a broken arm for the trouble
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » (sorry, I type stuff and it takes a few seconds for it to appear, so sometimes I get a bit behind in the conversation)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » ...Ohhhhh dear.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » and some students don't seem to understand you stick clear of the geese and their hatchlings
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Oooo. Hamster might be appropriate.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Maybe like one of thos ridiculous poofy dogs.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Something hapless.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » the geese gather on our campus for the winter and they've been wandering around with their hatchlings
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » I dunno, I'm imagining, like, a hampster or something.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 am » on that note, some of the students at my college can be a bit dim it seems
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am » Geese can be pretty furious
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am » THat... would be pretty hilarious
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 am » I was thinking more emu or something. Good runner, decent stamina. Then again emus are vicious. Like giant geese.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 am » The Cowardly Lion?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am » Exactly. Noweverybody who knows who Rincewind is, just... picture that for a second.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am » Luna: Exalt him, of course~
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am » What would happen if Exaltedverse's Luna got ahold of him?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am » We will begin once Troll is free. Which shoudl be soon
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am » He is pretty good at running away
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am » Hmm, well, Rincewind is known for surviving.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Awww.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Rosalind: *Is reading a book on behaviorial psychology, but is cleverly masking the behavior as sleeping on it when anyone looks*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Basically the human embodiment of survival instinct, right?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 am » Okay, so. Rincewind.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 am » I do.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » I do
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Who here reads discworld books?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Hey Demo
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » heya all
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Okay, can anyone see the eevee getting a crush on Foxvid?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » We will be starting once Troll and Demo show up.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Yeah, Z's got it about right.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » It's known for its ability to become many different kinds of evolved pokemon.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » Kind of a cross between a fox and a cat, according to my eyes
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » Sort of fox-like with a squished face and very long ears.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » This is an eevee: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » It's a pokemon.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » Rosalind: *Reads books whenever she's pretty sure no one's watching.*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » So, what's an Eevee?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » Said eevee is named Rosalind.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Jennifer got an Eevee as a gift from Michael, who got it through bizarre circumstnaces
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Hi! And Eevee? Rosalind?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Jennifer: I can imagine Rosalind doing that. <3 *feeding her slices of orange*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » ALso, hello Chic!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » Rosalind: *Could totally kidnap David, but is keeping a lower profile*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » kid! Agh.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » Sarcastic: I think it happened once, but with Sparky. Or maybe it was that weird Eevee that hangs around Jennifer.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » I can see David being kinapped by a puppy.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » It totally is.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 am » ...Is it just me, or is that exactly the kind of thing liable to happen to David?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am » I know. It's a pity.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » Awww...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » Z got kidnapped by a puppy.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » It's cool, Chic! We haven't started yet.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 am » Ewww. Glad I washed them, then.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 am » sorry I'm late!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:43 am » The most important things though. I wouldn't have gotten to the dishes tonight on my own, and the last thing we need is scuzzy dishes sitting in a box overnight.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:42 am » I cleaned a small number of things.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Oooo, puppy.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Kate also cleaned things!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Brb, gotta take the puppy out
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » That's awesome
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Snail did an excellent job cleaning today.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Jennifer: *has an orange for Rosalind*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » I cleaned things today!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » D'aww.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Allo!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 am » Rosalind: *Balancing Rulebooks on her back as she helps set up*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 am » DM: *Setting up Chat for the game*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 am » Fair enough. We've got the people needed to start with Zixin, Odd, and Slays, who have been waiting for several weeks now
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am » Snail'll be on in a sec.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am » Makes sense.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 am » I'm doing alright. Waiting for people
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 am » So how're you?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » No worries
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » Yes. Because I was going to type '8:30 EST' and then thought it would make sense if I said what you actually said and then got my wires crossed.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » Sorry.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » I meant 7:30 CST.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » And isn't it 8:30 there right now anyway?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » *CST
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:27 am » ...I thought I said CST, but yeah.


Last edited by Snail on Sun May 12, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 pm » I'll get it.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 pm » Did someone get the chat log?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 pm » Hee, next game session is going to be fun.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 pm » Shun: *jumping through Hoshu's fire wall with his anima flux going. because haha, can't touch me*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 pm » Rain: Pain in the ass know it all Dragonblooded.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm » We should sell tickets.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm » Hoshu: *Smiling smugly*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm » RainOOC: *glowers at Hoshu*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm » SproutOOC: Hah! If you throw me through my own sign, I'll personally paint whatever you want!
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm » Yesssss~
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm » MikanOOC: If I throw you through your own sign I get to decide what you replace it with, okay?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm » Definitely
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm » Yep!
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm » And that's the end of the session. Did you guys have fun?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm » This was fun.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm » *waves pompoms* (Go Mikan!)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm » MisaOOC: More like, if we beat/fight well against him, we prove our quest is just is all.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm » MikanOOC: I don't care about logics I GET TO PUNCH HIMMMMMMM
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm » SproutOOC: Indulge an old war hero, miss.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » *snerk*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » RainOOC: Wait, so by beating him up he proves he's the better choice to protect her?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » pffhee, kick his ass Mikan
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » Hee!
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » And it's at here that I'm going to stop things tonight. Because I would like time to set a few things up for next time, because Kate is missing for right now, and because this way I can say: "Next Time in Exalted: x2 Strife Combo!"
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm » MikanOOC: I get to punch him! Eeeeeeee!
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm » Misa: ...Welp. That will be... interesting.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:26 pm » Misa: *nods* We hope you can forgive her.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:26 pm » He closes his eyes and sighs. "You're all a bit like them, I suppose. I must be feeling nostalgic." He opens his eyes, as they glint. "You've wracked my poor heart. I suppose it wouldn't be quite proper for an old hero to abandon someone in need... I'll promise to protect you, Tali, and answer any questions these men and women have. IF one of the four of you defeats me in a ritual battle!"
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm » He looks at Mikan. "Good. I haven't seen proper hostility in quite some time." He frowns as he looks over towards Misa. "It's the principle of the thing. I warned them that he was dangerous and they didn't... but perhaps it is better she came forward now than later, I suppose."
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm » Rain: Whatever you can tell us. He has some kind of powers, obviously, and a crew of fanatics under his sway hurting people. All under the guise of getting the sun god. *shakes head* That's pretty much all we know.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm » Misa: (Charisma+Presence) *Four successes*
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm » Well... you can make a social skill check to see if you can convince him. I'd give you +1 die bonus due to what you're saying.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm » Sprout: *Looks at Rain* What would you like to know?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm » Yeah, pretty much.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm » (basically by Delzhan standards Mikan is genderqueer)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm » Hm... misa, are you trying to persuade him?
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm » Mikan: Yeah, it is. Also, good job not calling me a girl but you're still wrong.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm » Misa: So something must be done at the first opportunity to count? She was attacked because she realized what she was doing was wrong.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm » (oh, okay, sorry)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm » (there's a reason he got it wrong)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm » (Snail knows what Sprout meant)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm » (Mikan's a woman)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 pm » Sprout: Is that disrespect, young man? He turns to look at Mikan.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 pm » Rain: But as long as we're here...before we go, is there anything you can tell us about this Mal person?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 pm » Tali doesn't respond to Mikan. She's crying, and covering her face with her hands.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 pm » Mikan: Let's not waste any more time with the "Sensei" here. I'm sure he's busy. *dripping with condescension*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 pm » Rain: But, we'll take care of her.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 pm » Rain: It's hard to go against your whole family-and who knows, maybe he whammied them from the start.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm » Sprout looks at Rain. "He did? Abominable, but a cheap trick. Mal is not nearly as talented as he would like to believe he is." He looks over at Misa. "Her friends and family made it quite clear I was no longer welcome to visit with them. They didn't care anymore about the truth of the glorious past. They had their "Sun King" and she didn't speak up then."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm » Mikan: And THEN you're learning how to handle a sword.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 pm » Mikan: ...*pats Tali* We're going back to the guardhouse, we're gonna put some good food in you, you're gonna get a good night's rest surrounded by folks with shiny weapons.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 pm » Tali is almost in tears. "I.. I thought that... " She looks horrified. "But you were so nice to us before..."
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 pm » Misa: *raises an eyebrow* So you would not protect someone else to who wishes your help?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 pm » Rain: *nods* All right, then. Tali, you can come back with us. Master Sprout, be careful-that Mal guy used some kind of magic whammy on the others, we think. Tali here can't describe him, can barely talk about him.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm » MikanOOC: Well that was a complete waste of time.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm » "I am too old to be in another conflict. And I have other concerns to worry about, such as the safety of my students." As his gaze goes to Bud, who looks at him, scowling.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 pm » Sprout sighs. "I am not unsympathetic, guards, but I have already washed my hands of this. If they could not stand the intensity of the sun they found, they should not have sought it out in the first place. I will not lend my blade Manticore to any side."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:08 pm » Mikan: She says this place will be safer for her than the guardhouse. *looks skeptical*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm » Rain: She was almost killed today, by her 'friends'. We've brought her here at her request.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm » (*snerk* Oh Chiun, you're so fun.)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm » RainOOC: What, he's Chiun in disguise? He doesn't look like the master of Sinanju.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm » MikanOOC: To hell with Rule One, did you see his sign?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm » Tali shakes her head. "I am not with my father anymore. And... they are right. I need you to protect me."
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm » Misa: Things have... changed. She need protection from those who were hooked by this... Mal guy.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 pm » "Tali, I understand you and several guards have business with me? At this hour?" He frowns. "It was made quite clear to me by your father that I was not to return, before."
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 pm » MisaOOC: Does nobody remember Rule One?
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm » MikanOOC: I'm less than impressed myself.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm » Sensi Sprout is an older man, a golden ring on one finger on his right hand, which is wrapped around an old gnarled Staff he is leaning on. A sword, thin of blade and looking tarnished and dingy, is strapped to his side. His hair is brown with gray streaks and roots on it. His eyes are a cool subdued green. He is wearing bright, showy clothing, as his wrinkled face turns to look at all of you.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm » Misa: Thank you for seeing us.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm » RainOOC: That's who Tali thinks can protect her better than us?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm » Rain: *grimaces* Damn showoff bully...I'm fine.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm » Misa: *stands up, and bows as the hunched figure comes in*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm » Mikan: You okay? That dragon was a (censored). Fire was awful close.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm » After a few minutes, there's the sound of wood hitting the ceiling. Thump! Thump! Thump! As you see first a staff hitting the stairs, one by one, and then a hunched figure.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm » There's a few moments of silence as Bud lets you into a large open room, the floor padded and several training dummies made of wood set up. There's a stairway up to antoher level that Bud dashes up, and a door next to it reading "Basement" There's several blunted swords of various design on the walls, and many wooden blades as well.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm » Mikan: That sounds nice.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 10:00 pm » Rain: *gives Mikan a wink* Maybe there'll be a thug to beat up on the way home.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:59 pm » Mikan: *weak smile at Rain*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm » Misa: Sure thing.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm » Rain: 8gives Mikan's arm a squeeze*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm » He pushes the door open. The boy is lithe yet muscled, wearing a thin gray shirt and some black pants. He's got a thin sword sheathed at his waist. "Sorry. Sorry! I'll go get him right away..."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm » Mikan: ...*twitch*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm » At Tali's speech, Bud's expression softens, but when Mikan shows him the seal, his eyes widen. "Ah! S-sorry, Miss. Er, sir? You're clad oddly for a Delzahn. Sorry, sorry! I didn't know you came with the Duke's seal. Of course you're guards. Come in, come in! I'll get Sensi Sprout. Sorry, Tali."
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm » (I like the Odd Squad. God Squad. Whatever we are.)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm » Mikan: *whips out seal* This good enough for you?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm » Well, Mikan hasn't met with Odd to give it back, so I'd say yes
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm » At this, Tali sighs. "Bud, we really do need to speak with Sprout... please, I beg you, let us in.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm » Does Mikan still have that seal Odd gave her?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm » Misa chuckles. "I've got the badge of office if you want to see it."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:53 pm » Mikan: *must...not...use physical violence on small child...*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 pm » He looks up at Misa. "Sensi Sprout is busy. If you're with the guard, prove it."
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 pm » The boy frowns. "Huh? You're with the guard? That's a laugh!"
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 pm » RainOOC: 'Sprout'? Is his student named Bean?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm » Misa: Wait a minute. We're with the guard, and we need to talk to Master Sprout.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm » Mikan: *catches it* We need to talk to your sensei.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm » He starts to close the door.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm » After a few moments, there's a "Snk" of a lock being slid open, and the door opens just a few cracks. A young blackhaired boy, no older than 12 years of age, looks out at all of you. "We don't want any."
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 pm » Ok... Mikan, after pounding for a bit, you hear footsteps on the other side of the door.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 pm » Tali: Miss Rain... she smiles. "Thank you."
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 pm » Misa: ...That's good to hear.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 pm » Rain: Tali...even if he agrees to help you-you come to us if you need help, okay? *smile, quick arm pat*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 pm » Mikan: *up to door* *BANG BANG BANG* HEY! Anybody in there?!
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm » Tali steps forward. "It's later than he'd be open for new students, but he almost never leaves, these days. If we pound on the door we could probably wake him."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm » Mikan: *hopes there is something to punch inside because she would very much like to punch something after this night*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 pm » Mikan: *glares at sign*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 pm » Tali: Oh Sol watch over us, we're here. *She sighs quietly while hanging behind Mikan* Yes. He lives in his building with his one student.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 pm » Mikan: I like this guy already. *sarcastic*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 pm » Misa: This the place?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:39 pm » The group passes without any further dispute, eventually exiting the alleyway. A few more minutes travel, and Rain, Misa, Mikan, and Tali arrive at a large building. "Sensi Sprout's Real Ultimate Swordplay Dojo", advertised with a gaudy sign that looks almost as cheesy as the name. A man and woman in obvious "barbarian" attire are shown fighting back to back against a large circle of what appear to be crude caricatures of demons, skeletons, and other boogymen.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 pm » Mikan: Jinx. *smile*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm » Misa: Hear that? You'll have better luck next time. *smiles a bit*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm » Mikan: I didn't either. That's why we've got a Misa.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm » Rain: Me, neither. Misa'a *good*.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:36 pm » Tali: Gods, I didn't see...
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 pm » Misa: *slipping into street slang a little*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 pm » Misa: Oi know. Just figured I'd save you the trouble.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:34 pm » A man clad in black, with soot covering his face near the golden glint, looks up. Rain and Mikan, neither of you saw him before he moved. "Oi, ain't got no quarrel wit'cha. Jess makin' a livin.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm » Misa: *chuckles* Alright, let us go by, and you won't end up with broken bones.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm » There isn't any seeming response to your outcry, Misa.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm » Rain: ? (looks around , wonders who Misa is talking to)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 pm » Mikan: Nah, I think you're right, but Misa's got it.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 pm » Rain: I mean, someone sees the gleam, walks into the dead end, and whammo! Heh, or am I being paranoid?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 pm » Misa: Oi, you two! That your gold?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:29 pm » Misa: Hmm?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:29 pm » Rain: ....bait for a trap, perhaps?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:28 pm » Alright. All three of you see at the end of the dead-end alleyway, there's a bright glint of gold on the ground.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:28 pm » (yay shinies!)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:28 pm » (using shiny dice Kate gave me!)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm » (1,6,7,10 = 3 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 pm » SargeOOC: Bwi! *Attempting to climb Luna*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm » 5,1,7,9 (2 successes)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm » (frig I just dropped my sheet one sec)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm » Misa: *six successes*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:23 pm » Mikan: Oh, that guy. Nah, it was just like three ribs and a wrist. He'll be fine.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:23 pm » Alright. There's not a lot of attention that the group gets, thankfully. As the group walks down the alleys, you see a branch in the path leading to a dead end. Please make a perception + awareness check
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:23 pm » Mikan: *grins, getting the idea*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:22 pm » Rain: Tuesday?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:22 pm » Rain: *thinking if a hidden thief sees armed guards and overhears talk like that...^^*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:22 pm » Mikan: Wait, who are we talking about? I've broken a lot of bones lately. Was it this week?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:21 pm » Rain: *casual conversation, to Mikan* So, how many of his bones did you break, anyway? I hear he'll be in the hospital a looong time.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 pm » Don't think so... for Mikan the only thing that MIGHT be visible and valuable is the mace, and I'm not sure that's the sort of thing that would make a thief go "ooo, good mark there!"
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 pm » Rain: *has her dagger and hr staff*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 pm » Rain: *pretty broke, nothing of value visible*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 pm » Rain:*quietly* I can't *see* any spirits, but I heard a man sob, briefly.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 pm » Misa: *has all her valuables hidden by Larceny*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm » is anyone carrying anything of value that would be visable?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:16 pm » @Rain: Nothing supernatural that you can see. There's a lesser spirit of disease doing its business in a trash can, and a spirit of mold encouraging some green growth on one wall, but nothing unusual or out of place
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm » Misa: *keeps an eye out*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:14 pm » I will, yes. (p.63)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:14 pm » Are you using it?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:14 pm » Does rain's Spirit Sight see anything unnatural that could be behind the freaky wind and shadows?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 pm » Tali tries to stay in-between all three guards as you enter. It's a lot darker than the candle-lit main streets, and the shadows seem to cling to all of you
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm » Rain: *shoulder hugs back, and grins*
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm » Alright. The winds have started picking up, as a strong breeze blows against your clothing. It's almost as if the wind is trying to keep you away, as you approach a shadowy gap between two building walls, flanked on either side by a butcher and a baker.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 pm » Mikan: *clap-on-back/shoulder-hug hybrid for Rain*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm » Mikan: *mutter mutter make him show devotion to my FIST mutter*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm » Hoshu: Dragons keep your path safe, friends, until we next speak
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm » Rain: *nods* That bastard knows good and well the flames bother me. It's not like I hide my gills. All right, let's go.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 pm » Misa: *shrug, talking lowly* I dislike bullies. We'll talk to him when we choose.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm » Rain: Your call.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm » Rain: *sighes* Misa, shall we talk to the hothead and get it over with? (so just Misa can hear)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm » Misa: Alright, let's head out this way. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm » @Misa: You guys would have to backtrack a bit, but there's a series of alleyways that circles around the main road a bit back from where you are. You'd probably save about 10 minutes on the 20 minute delay.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 pm » Hoshu: My apologies, but as I am unable to gather more information on the disturbance that occurred earlier today, I would instead prefer to continue my practice session. I'm sure you would not find fault in a man showing his devotion to the Dragon of Fire.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 pm » (Does Hoshu answer Rain's request?)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:03 pm » Misa: *Three successes*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:02 pm » Rain: Nope. No way. Not going that close to it. *to Misa* *shakes head*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:02 pm » You couldn't squeeze around it. It's about 10 feet tall, so you MIGHT be able to get OVER it, but that might be risky
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm » Misa: *Tries to find an alternate route*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm » Yes. It's stretching from one end of the road to the other, just naaaaarrowly not touching any buildings
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm » Rain: W-would you please quit burning the road for a while?
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm » Does the fire block our path?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm » SlaysOOC*wouldn't be nearly this cheeky in the main game*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm » You can go around it, but this is a main road in the Market district. Going around requires you to change your route a bit. If you have a skill that might help you know the layout of the city a bit better you might be able to find shorter route, but as things stand not taking this road will delay you by at least 20 minutes, as a rough estimate.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm » SlaysOOC: And wasting your essence in part to intimidate needlessly. Should I read you the story of Hesiesh saving his essence until properly needed? There seems to be a few of those. A theme almost.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm » HoshuOOC: I am being quite patient. I am patiently sitting here seeing how long I can maintain this instead of wasting time antagonizing hapless guards who may or may not be abominations who are both god and man.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm » (seconding Wally)
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm » (true)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm » Rain: *nervous around that much fire*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm » (He lit a road on fire. I'd say it's warrented.)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm » Rain: You know, I had just decided that it would save time to talk with you. But I wouldn't dream of interfering with your much needed practice! *smiles brightly* Where shall we meet you?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm » (woops, missed that last post thought he was going to be more troublesome)
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm » SlaysOOC:*facepalming* Heshiesh is the dragon of patience you dolt, try learning from your chosen dragon.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm » He nods as he sits down, looking over at Rain. "I will see you soon, I trust. We have inquiries as well we must conduct to keep the city safe. I'm sure you understand."
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm » Misa: *smiles* Of course. Enjoy yourself. *steps smartly towards a nearby alley* Oh, and try not to get the Contessa called down on you.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm » Mikan: *cheerful* Sounds like a plan!
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:54 pm » "I believe this is as good a spot as any to practice with the gifts that Hesiesh has granted me. Don't mind me, you are free to go wherever you wish."
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm » Rain: *steps back*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm » Several of the monks, wide-eyed and on the other side of the wall of flame, step back, startled.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 pm » Hoshu: *Looks back and forth between Rain and Misa. " I see. Well, I have no desire to prevent the guard from doing their duty. I am willing to speak with you later. It is at this point that he raises his right arm, which has been branded with the symbol of Hesiesh, the Dragon of Fire. He thrusts it down into the ground nearby him. As the air in front of all of you shimmers and then erupts into flame. A thin wall of fire stretches between one end of the road and the other. "I will merely hone my abilities and disciplines until the guard has time to meet with me.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm » (Thanks for the offer, though)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm » (yes)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm » From what i'm seeing, they aren't trying to intimidate, Snail. They're trying to reason with him.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm » If the goal is to be intimidating, Mikan could assist.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm » *two*
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm » *six successes*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 pm » Rain or Misa, please make a Presence + Charisma check.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 pm » Rain: *innocent smile*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 pm » Rain: And also that we'll be glad to chat with you later?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 pm » Misa: *steps in front* Apologies, but as her commanding officer it is me you should be annoyed at. I need her assistance at the moment.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm » Rain: I believe we mentionend we are on duty?
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm » (hey, if he was cracking down on petty criminals or something...)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm » Hoshu: You. The young lady with the white hair. I understand you wish not to grace me with your presence for a few moments.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm » (*is amused at the notion of Misa knowing anything not underground)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm » (nope)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm » (Not I)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm » (That would require some sort of knowledge of dragon blooded nobility or just Scarlet Empire politics in general. Does anyone have any skills taht might fit that bill?)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm » (I mean, do we know anything besides that? have we heard the name?)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm » (I'm presuming he's the large dragonblooded man)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm » (Do we know who Peleps Hoshu is?)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm » Misa: *smiles brightly* Yes, Peleps?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm » Rain: *slight smile* Odmund or Contessa can pull rank on them later, if need be.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm » It's at this point that you see the armored man you assume to be Peleps Hoshu stomping over towards each of you.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm » Mikan: *beats feet, sticking close to Rain and Tali* D*** dragons act like they own everything. *mutter mutter something about the South*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm » Rain: *quiety* If they do start something-you two book it with Tali, okay? I'll be the one they'd chase after if we split up. You guys can come get me later, if I have to go with them.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm » (Arrgh, just lost the chat log due to my window timing ot on me)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm » Misa: *nods* We'll probably have to talk to him at some point, but let's not let them try anything.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm » Rain: Let's move, people. I just know they're going to try something. 8sighes*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm » The Dragon Blooded man scowls as he's speaking with the monk.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm » Mikan: *glaaaaare*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 pm » Monk: My apologies, then. He turns and walks back to his group. You see him speaking with several of the other monks.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 pm » Misa: Indeed. Rain is correct, and as we're on duty, we must ask that you step aside. I'm sure we'll talk to your Master, but we must discharge our duties.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 pm » Rain: *lifts eyebrow* I am a member of the Contessa D'Mora's company, and on duty. And I belive you have no *legal* authority. We will talk to you later. *plesant smile*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:33 pm » Tali: *Hiding behind Mikan*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:33 pm » Mikan: *loyal friend! diplomat, not so much*
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:33 pm » Mikan: *scoots closer to Rain* Who says you get to order us around?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:31 pm » The monk fold his arms. "My apologies, but this is not negotiable. Your friend appears to be Blood of Two Rivers, possibly a mingling of God and Man. He will wish to speak with you." He nods to Rain. "If you are willing to cooperate, however, I may be able to negotiate the rest of you being questioned later.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:30 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 pm » Misa: We investigated someone calling for help, is all. But we've got places to be at the moment, so we'll have to go see him later.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm » Monk: Master Peleps Hoshu has requested anyone who has been at the Docks District around the time of the disturbance give him a few moments of their time. He has some questions to ask you.
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm » (Okay, so no legal authority, even though they're powerful, plus, we're the hired cops. Got it!)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:26 pm » (It's also worth noting that during the Summit the Duke who rules the city has also issued an amnesty towards anyone normally declared Anathema legally, mostly to account for political entities such as the Abyssal envoy from Thorns, or visiting beastmen. However, the Immaculate Order protested this considerably)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 pm » (The City is not ruled by the Scarlet Empire or the Immaculate Order, no. Officially it is also legal to worship any god you wish in the city, much to the Immaculate Order's frusteration. This ruling is recent, though, and the Immaculate Order has a large presence in the city, even if they enjoy no official authority)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:23 pm » Misa: I was down there earlier, yeah. Why?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm » (The dragons aren't in charge though here, are they?)
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:21 pm » (uh oh)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm » The monk's eyes widen as he looks at Rain, and turns to Misa. "Earlier today there was a spiritual disturbance which resulted in some flooding in the docks district. His Grace Peleps Hoshu detected and alerted us to this activity, and we have discovered that it is related to the manifestation of a Powerful River God, defying the natural order of the Dragons. We are looking for more information as to what happened. Were any of you present at the docks earlier today?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm » (unnatural being says I'm affected by any wards, bindings, ect. that would affect my parent)
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:16 pm » Okay, I have Unnatural Being as a 2 pt. Flaw (p.138) I assume I have some kind of company insignia? A loose robe with trousers under. 'Polar bear hair' Think David Bowie in the Labyrinth, but the clear/white polar bear color. She has gills on her neck, but I don't know how obvious that is-she doesn't try to hid them. Her eyes-I don't remember, but nothing weird, human eyes. Average height.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:16 pm » Misa: Yes?
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 8:14 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 pm » Chic, what is Rain's current physical appearance? Please describe your character, this may affect what happens next.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 pm » Rain: *looks at the monk* Yes?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:12 pm » Tali shakes her head and whispers back. "No. He's... no fond of the Order."
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:12 pm » One of the monks begins to walk towards you. "Pardon me, each of you. A moment of your time."
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:12 pm » Mikan: *leans and whispers* I don't suppose any of them is your friend Sprout?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:10 pm » They bare the symbol of the Immaculate Order on their robes, yes. Several of them also have dark circles around their eyes, or look rather frazzled. One of them is yawning.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:10 pm » Rain: *murmurs* Let's duck to the side out of their way.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm » *they*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm » Do the look like Immaculate monks?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm » And thus it's why a large group of white robed Monks with shaved heads walking in your direction stands out like a sore thumb. They are led by a large, broad-shouldered man with red jade encrusted into his armor and a scowl on his face.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm » Alright, sounds good.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:07 pm » Alright. The group walks outside, and begins to walk towards their destination. The streets are fairly empty right now, with the odd person packing up the a merchant's district or consorting for various reasons
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm » Well, unless Misa is going to spend money, you guys walk. Fair enough.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm » Well, looks like we walk. ^^
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm » Mikan spent all her money in out of game shenanigans.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:02 pm » Just to answer your question: A horse-drawn carriage costs about 35 silver dinars and WOULD get you there faster and would also have the advantage of being an enclosed space where people can't see you
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 8:00 pm » Safe to say
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm » Well, Rain is probably pretty broke after buying that ruby.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm » Does anyone have any currency? That's a good question
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm » can we *afford* one?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm » (Yeah, Rain just has a 2 stealth)
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm » There are carriages in the city, yes.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm » So yeah, what Snail said.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm » Could we hire a carriage to get there faster?
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm » Hmm... Unfortunately, if we try to sneak over, it'll be lowest common denominator
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm » I'm just gonna remind everyone that Mikan is Bad At Stealth.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm » Misa: Alright... lets just not draw attention to ourselves.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm » Are you guys going to just walk straight there or go about this in any less conventional way?
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm » Mikan: Don't worry! You have bodyguards this time.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm » According to Tali, the residence of Sensi Sprout is over on the other side of the city, at the edge of the Residence District and the central part of the city, the Market District. It is also worth noting that the sun is setting and a lot of people aren't on the streets right now.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:55 pm » Mikan: *pleased with disguise!*
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 pm » Tali: *Swallows* A-alright.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:53 pm » (Ack, forgot about getting custom text colors set up)
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:53 pm » Misa: ...Mostly. Keep your head down too, should help.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:53 pm » Tali: ...are you... are you sure this will work?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:53 pm » Rain: Welp, might as well get this show on the road.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm » Yup!
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm » Indeed. And we just got done disguising her, right?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm » (hiya Luc!)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm » ((Here to watch in the background~))
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 pm » Any questions?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 pm » Tali: *Not excited about going outside again*
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm » Tali, as a refresher, was the lady you guys saved from the masked assailants, who told you about an "Illuminated Order" group in the city which revered the ancient Sun Kings, and after meeting named Mal who claimed to be a Real Sun King, were devoted to causing a great calamity in order to convince the spirits of the Sun Kings and their Divine Patron that the world still needed them.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:48 pm » Oddmund and Slays and Zixin went to the playhouse that had bought one of the two masks that was seen at the site of the murder. There, they found a play starting, and got involved in helping. Oddmund heard something odd from above the play, and went up into the catwalks to investigate. Meanwhile, Slays started feeling an odd presence in his mind, causing him horrible trauma as a demon materialization behind Oddmund, ready to pounce! Meanwhile Taki had asked Mikan, Misa, and Rain to take her to a man named "Sensi Sprout", whom she believed could keep her safe from further attempts on her life.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:45 pm » Alright. So where are we?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm » Previously in Exalted.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm » So, with Luc going to be a bit due to dinner, we're going to start.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm » Awesome
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm » kee
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm » One other thing: I have a way of making pogs to represent characters out of pretty much any image now, so if you want a custom pog for your character, give me a link to an image or transmit an image to me somehow and I will use it
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm » We will be starting with Rain, Mikan, and Misa tonight, since Kate can't make it
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm » Hi Snail!
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm » Hiya, Snail.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm » At least I think that's what he said.
Snail « Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm » Z said I needed to get over here.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:35 pm » I've been meaning to post for ages. ^^
Demothesis « Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm » as long as she's ok with it I am
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm » Been way too long. :-p
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:33 pm » Awesome ^_^
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:33 pm » Also, I plan on posting in MSW tomorrow.
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm » They've both responded, so they should be here.
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm » Will Snail and Luc be playing tonight?
chicgeek « Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm » What Wally said.
Wallycaine « Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm » It would be nice to play, so I'd probably be willing to play, as long as we're dealing with stuff that we don't need her character for?
Zobot257 « Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 pm » We'll be starting soon when everyone shows up, but Kate has told me she probably won't be able to play tonight. I was going to wait until people are here, but are people ok with playing without her, or would we prefer to wait?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:15 pm » I'll hand out SSXP at the start of the next session. You guys have all earned some, certainly
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 11:15 pm » WeiOOC: *waves*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:14 pm » SproutOOC: Aaah, the days of my youth...
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:14 pm » Eh, I'll be on for a bit longer. I'm just losing focus too much to really commit to running this seriously
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm » (G'night, Z.)
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm » Goodnight, Zobot!
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm » (Sounds good. Night Zobot!)
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm » Not I, sorry.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 pm » (Guys? I'm going to be wrapping this up here for tonight. It's not the best place to stop, but I'm really tired. I hope everyone had fun, does anyone hvae the chat log?)
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm » Mikan: Do you have proof that he murdered V'Neef?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm » Rain: Well, if we can find out his weaknesses, or the best way to fight him, and where to find him, it'll help. I don't like what I'm hearing, though...he has mind control? If we find him in a crowd..yeah. And, he can make demons listen to him. *gives Misa and MIkan a Look*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:10 pm » Sprout: Weaknesses? Hmm... Mal puts too much of his faith in his own mechanations. He doesn't seek to tie up loose ends. Understand I know little of the man, as I had no patience for him and he none for me. But he really should have tried to kill me. Or made his murder of the V'neef man a bit more neat and tidy.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 11:06 pm » Mikan: *suddenly, a deeply personal stake! This can only end in more smacking*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm » Sprout: The Delzahn blaming the Dragons of Lookshy, and the Dragons blaming the Delzahn and somesuch nonsense.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm » Misa: Aaahh... Yeah, everybody and their brother want that thing.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm » Rain: Do you know of any weaknesses he has?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm » Sprout: I believe the Immaculate Order calls them demons, yes. Although I've never felt the term was quite appropriate. *He snorts.* If my suspicions are correct based off of the few of his "sermons" I saw, he seeks to unleash the Silver Lining, an ancient machine of the First Age. Some old contraption he thinks will cause a great calamity. If something terrible were to happen during the summit, it could cause the different factions gathered here to mistrust and despise each other more than they do.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 11:03 pm » Mikan: *listening instead of guessing, being very quiet*
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 pm » Misa: Probably those Demons he mentioned. And if I had to guess... power of some sort as his goal.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 pm » Mikan: *to Tali* Good. You can probably learn a thing or two from Sprout too, though. *listens*
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 pm » Rain: What creatures? And what is his goal?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm » Sprout: I know not the extent of what gifts he has, but he has a sway over the minds of the meek and needy. He can call demons to himself and make them listen. But his greatest strength has always been to twist the desires of others towards his own goals.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm » Sprout: *To Misa* Mal is an upstart. A man who made deals with creatures best left alone for a pittance of power your religions forbid for good reason.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Tali: I promise I will. And I want to learn how to fight from you! I do..
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Mikan: Wow. Must have smacked *sense* into him. *smiles*
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm » Misa: ...That does seem likely to be true. So what do you know of this... Mal?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm » Sprout: But our words shouldn't be wasted discussing my world, but yours. Time, I believe, is of the essence.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm » Rain: *nods* Fair enough.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm » Mikan: ...*hugs back* If you get into any more trouble, you and Mr. I'm So Happy I Got A Tooth Smacked Outta My Laughing Mug come straight to us, alright?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm » Er... shoot. Sorry, wrong color for that
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm » Sprout: *Quietly looks over at the boy, Bud, who was at the door* An old man with a young responsibility.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Rain: So, Master Sprout. What are you? *her voice holds friendly curiosity*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Tali walks forward and hugs Mikan firmly
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm » Tali: Mikan... thank you.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:54 pm » (Sorry about that. Internet troubles)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:54 pm » Sprout: Aaaah... it has been too long since I shed blood. Too long... I tend to forget... nothing is forever. Not even the lack of a challenge. He walks over to take his staff up again. "A bargain is a bargain. Tali... you are safe as long as you are with me. And I will answer any questions you have about the man named Mal."
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Misa: ...Shush, you two.
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm » (....this can't possibly end well)
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Rain: *grins at Misa* You, normal? Naaahh.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm » Mikan: Really Misa? Cause I'm not convinced.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 pm » Misa: *nods to Sprout* Pleasure to meet you again. I've no doubt of your ability to protect her now. *aside to Rain* ...Somedays I swear I'm the only normal person in this city...
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm » Mikan is backing up in the direction of her armor and mace, just in case.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm » z
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 pm » Mikan: *backs up, watching warily but not in a panic* S'like when Odd starts throwing glitter everywhere. You're not gonna try to make me kiss anyone, are you?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 pm » For a brief moment, there stands a tall, regal looking figure, lithe and slim, holding a shining silvery Sword, clad in Rainment that shimmers with every color of the rainbow. He gazes at Mikan with the fevered eyes of a madman, but with a warm smile on his face that seems to completely contrast the glare. Then, almost as quickly as it comes, it's gone. There's just a tired old man, standing just outside the circle, with blood from his mouth dripping onto his left hand.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 pm » Rain: Eh, so someone else is not quite human. *shrugs* Interesting, though.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm » Misa: *idly twirling a knife* Either that, or his 'alright' is reallly different.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm » Rain: *looks on with interest*
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:47 pm » Misa: ...He looks slightly less alright.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:47 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:47 pm » He rears back. Suddenly he seems a bit taller. "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" His hair, a dull gray, seems to have more brown in its hue, as if someone had run mud through spider's silk. His eyes are almost pupiless, as fleshy points to his ears poke out of his long hair.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 pm » Mikan: Clearly. *not as biting as before* You alright?
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm » Misa: *raises an eyebrow*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm » "Hahahaha... hehhaahahahaha... actual blood. Gods it's been far too long."
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm » "Ha."
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm » "B-blood. That's... *My* blood..." he stares down at it, like a man possessed.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 pm » Ok. Mikan rushes forward, swinging her staff with both hands at Sprout's face. He actually anticipates the blow, reaching up with his Staff to parry it. "Your movements give away your targ-" he spouts triumphantly as the force of Mikan's swing slaps his Staff out of his hands, sending it flyiing out of the circle. The force of her blow goes on, slamming into his face. The actual damage of the hit itself doesn't matter as much. He's unarmored and although he has soak, the fact that you connected with his face at all causes his eyes to bulge. He's sent staggering backwards, blood dripping from his face. His mouth scrunches up as he looks at Mikan, and then spits out a tooth. A bit of blood drips onto his hand.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 pm » *Maidens
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 pm » ,
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 pm » Alright. One moment. This needs to be done right
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm » The maidens really DO like Mikan!
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm » Anything lower than a 7 would have failed.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm » *him
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm » That's exactly what you needed to hit im
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm » .... wow. The Maidens of Fate don't want Sprout to be badass tonight, it seems
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 pm » *at
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 pm » ...Well would ya look t that.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 pm » 10,9,7,2,9, 5,9,8 (7 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 pm » Speed is how many ticks until you go again. Accuracy adds to your dice pool
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 pm » (No, that just determines how long it takes to swing again. But yes, Accuracy is the relevant thing)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 pm » gah
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » I mean not attribute as in...
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » And the relevant attribute here is accuracy, right? Does speed come into this at all?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » *waves pompoms*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » That's right, yes.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm » Woo~
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm » *nod*
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm » ...Frig I can't remember the roll again. Dex + melee + weapon?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm » Makes sense.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:32 pm » Okay, as stated she removed her armor, which removes the movement penalty for that armor.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:30 pm » kay
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 pm » Yes, she took a staff. I thought I said? Thanks for the page number, one sec.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 pm » SproutOOC: Ah... must be slowing down after so long at peace...
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 pm » On tick 0, you go first, Mikan.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 pm » Unless you choose to take a wooden sword or a wooden axe, which work like the weapon off that type except they do bashing damage instead of lethal, you and Sprout are both using Staves, found on page 368 of the book
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm » (Er, yes. Sorry. Tick 6)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm » ^^ Let's get started then.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm » (Tick six)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:25 pm » Ok then! According to the rules, a both means Sprout goes on tick 10.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm » ...Welp. Lucky for me. 4,3,3,8,2 (1 success)
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm » *snerk*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm » Sprout botched
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm » 3,5,1,5,4, 6,4 (botch x 1)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm » ... 0.o
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm » Mikan: *sheds armor and sets mace aside to lose the weight*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm » Roll a join battle, Mikan.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm » Sprout: HaH! Well said! Very well then. May the most true warrior prevail!
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:20 pm » Mikan: One truth deserves another. I couldn't care less how you feel about my indignation. *picks up a staff*
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:18 pm » ((Forgot to hit enter.))
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:18 pm » ((It's okay, I'm just slow tonight.))
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm » (Sorry!)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm » ((Dang, Rain beat me to it...))
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm » Mikan: Because I'm going to choose hard-hitting over range in a fight to see who hits first. That makes sense.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm » "I will not lie. I like the indignation in your voice. Quite the boquet of defiance. Reminds me of another loudmouth I encountered in my youth... he and his friends traveled off the edge of the world and were never seen again, if I recall correctly... old mind is slipping..."
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm » Rain: Mikan, that simple stick greatly extends his reach. I know fists are satisfying, but maybe you want one too? Just sayin'.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm » Misa: Personally, I'm just hoping this convinces him to work with us, either way.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm » (Suggested musical accompaniment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-PFmTf00GQ )
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm » Sprout guides Mikan over to a circle that's been drawn in the ground over in the training area of the dojo. "Each of us will stand on one end. As I don't want to kill you, we will both be using wooden weapons. Or you may use your fists, if you prefer. I shall use my Staff." He lifts a light walking stick and shakes it gently.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm » Mikan: *nonplussed*
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 pm » (d'oh.)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 pm » Sprout: Aaah, much better. *Now* we can fight. Step over here, onto the ring of trials!
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:12 pm » Sprout: Wait, wait... this isn't right. One moment
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 10:12 pm » (oooh)
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm » Sprout: You may try.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm » Mikan: If I don't hit first, can I still hit?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 pm » Rain: *grins* My only objection is the lack of poppcorn.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm » Misa: Well... I think Mikan wants to take this one. Got any objections, Rain?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm » Alright. For the other group: Misa, Rain, and Mikan had escorted Tali to the home and training facility of Sensi Sprout, the owner of a dojo. Sensi Sprout had some rather rude things to say about Tali, but agreed to protect her under the condition that one of the three of you fight him in a fair fight and hit him before he can hit them
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:08 pm » ((mmm, tea...)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm » ((*leaving))
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm » ((But I'm not leving.))
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:04 pm » ((I may be a bit distracted. Tired and hoping to remedy tiredness with tea))
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:04 pm » ((Oh hi mal))
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm » (Okay, Luc^^)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm » ((Seriously, I wasnt protesting shifting.))
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 10:02 pm » (( I dont mind shifting, I'm just mentioning it. ^^ ))
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:02 pm » (Either way is okay by me)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm » (It's true, but a lot just happened.)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm » ((...we did miss a session last time, Z, for reasons beyond anyones control. But it's fair enough to shift.))
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm » We're shifting to the other group, who have waited long enough.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm » Aaaand... scene.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm » He looks Zixin up and down. "That was some nice shooting! But... I cannot help but wonder what you were shooting at... a Thing, you say? My name is Mal. In addition to playing my part on stage, I also was helping with security for tonight's performance. May I trouble you to tell me what you just saw?"
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:59 pm » Zixin: *meep*
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:59 pm » Slays: *nods* I'll handle it.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm » One of them, one of the actors from the performance, pushes through the crowd and approaches Zixin. He's a taller man with subdued green eyes and a weak, nervous smile on his face. He's done up in the garb of one of the southern settlers who lived along the Delzahn south of Chiascuro
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm » Oddmund looks down. "...um. Maybe I had beys go help smooth things over wi' Zixin... can you lug th' corpse?"
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm » Zixin: *meeeeeeep* *puts his bow away* I'm sorry there was a THING
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 pm » metal
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 pm » While Odd and Slays are busy raising the monster up to the roof, someone actually DID notice Zixin shooting things. A fair number of the set and crew. Several of which have encircled Zixin, watching wide-eyed and with confusion and amazement at the sudden display of Arrows flying into the sky from a shimmery mythical bow made of an unusual emtal
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:56 pm » Slays: Sure. *helping*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:56 pm » Zixin: *still down below the rafters* *meep what if someone noticed him shooting things*
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm » Slays: *looks down at Zixin and nods approvingly*
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm » Oddmund: Speakin of, what say you help me drag it's corpse up thurr so it dont bleed on th' matinee.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm » Oddmund: Don't look t' me, Xixin nailed it. I wus just tryin to carry it to th' roof.
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm » Slays: ... Impressive.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm » It's at about this point that Slays manages to get up to the catwalk, seeing Odd standing next to a dead demon.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm » The body lurches forward and rests on the catwalk. Unlike a god, when a demon dies in creation it dies for real. So the body doesn't just vanish
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm » Oddmund puts a fist to his hand, and bows slightly. "<Goodnight, cousin. May you ne reborn into a better fate.>"
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm » "I... I've... failed him..."
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » The Nephilim, which sounds more dangerous than it is, gives a lurching sound that sounds like metal grinding against metal. Its eyes start to flicker, and dull.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » *whistle*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » Zixin: *SCARY MONSTER THING ATTACKING ODD*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » Alright... well, that's more than enough.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » Second arrow: 2,6,4,8,3, 6,3,3,6,8 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm » First arrow: 10,4,6,6,8, 2,8,8,10 (5 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm » Go ahead and roll your damage
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm » Oh. My bad... ok, 9 and 10.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm » That was from me subtracting the soak of 2.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm » ...I said 11 raw damage -> 9 damage dice.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm » Oddmund: *this was a GOOD USE of a fte card*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:50 pm » So 7 and 8.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:50 pm » ok. You're using piercing arrows, so it's soak is only a 2 each time
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm » Ok, lessie... 4+3+2+2 = 11 raw -> 9 damage dice for the first attack, and 10 damage dice for the second attack?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm » Ok, so +4 and then +5 successes?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm » So you beat its highest DV by 4.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm » Zixin: *thinks it needs to be a pincusion*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm » It's currently at -2 health levels and it just used a charm, so it's highest DV is a 2.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm » 6 successes for both rolls
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm » Take the shots!
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm » And this time I can roll the correct number of attack dice to begin with.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm » Yes. Two shots, both peircing arrows again.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm » (Well, technically the demon can move. It just can't attack until the ticks go by, or move any faster than a walk)
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm » Zixin: *going to shoot at it more*
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm » *nods* He wont go up the ladder until its close to him.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm » Let me know if Odd's doing different. Zixin? Are you taking another shot?
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm » I assmue Odd is lingering still, since the demon can't move.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm » ((meeeeep))
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm » Alright. Then it's tick 7, and Odd and Zixin both go again.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm » *nods* With a complicated gesture that suggests their mother does something disreputable.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm » So thats what he does on tick 5. I assume you're lingering on tick 6 to keep the demon after you?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:44 pm » Alright. You can get to the ladder and start climbing it pretty easily. In one tick you can get to the ladder, since you're unharmed and have a good dexterity
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm » Okay then, Oddmund is going to back up into the ladder, and start to climb- depending on how far it is, he might be able to make it up to the roof pretty fast, but hes going to deliberately linger somewhat to make sure the demon is following him.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm » It's tick 5. Oddmund, you're up.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm » The charm takes up a speed of 5, so the demon goes next on tick 10.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm » Oddmund winces, and redoubles his resolve to make it to the roof.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 pm » Nice one. However, it does have an unforseen consequence. The claw is deflected, sending it flying... below the catwalks. It lands with a small clattering sound in the musician's pit, narrowly missing beaning a cellist.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm » I think even from the jump, Oddmund brings his cane up in a sparkling arc, smacking it out of its path.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm » PDV of 5.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm » Remember that your DV is down by one for your acrobatics, but by my math that still misses Oddmund.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm » Nooope.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm » Zixin: *helped!*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm » Just one success.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm » Well, small blessings.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm » Fortunately, it's wounded, so this isn't going to have a lot of liklihood to hit..
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm » Oddmund: *ears go straight up and tail poofs out*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm » The claw actually detatches from the rest of it's muscle-on-metal body as it swings, flying towards Oddmund
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm » Oddmund, it's raising one clawed paw, and swings it at you, it's entire body glowing with a faint yellow aura that Zixin would probably think makes it easier to shoot.
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm » ?
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm » Shhhhhhhhhhtttttt
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm » That's as far as it can move before tick 5. So it's spending some essence and activating a charm.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm » fair!
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:33 pm » Odd, i'm going to rule that the jump you made is effectively speed 3, so you go on tick 5. Zixin goes on Tick 7. Slays arrives, on the end nearer the ladder, on tick 10. The demon's movement gets it... this far...
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 pm » ....So long as it'd only trying to hurt Oddmund, thats fine enough. Oddmund only cares about getting him to the roof.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 pm » But, given that it's wounded, it can't move very fast.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 pm » It's moving towards Oddmund.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 pm » (The demon DID promise it wouldn't fight anymore as long as it was not harmed further. That's specifically what it swore.)
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm » Zixin: *meep is TOTALLY A MORTAL HONEST*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm » "I promised my dear cousin that I wouldst not do any harm to him so long as no harm came to myself." The demon speaks, voice bubbling with rage. "Those arrows couldst not fly from mortal hand.... how many of thy kin have infested this place? Doth thou seek the Silver Lining?" It attempts a snarl. "But if I am to die here... I wilst not allow thy to survive."
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm » (Soory, had a monty python flashback)
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:30 pm » Slays:*would facepalm if he could see what wass going on up there*
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:30 pm » (Your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general diraction!)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » ((If he had but the *time* to moon him. A;as, he's wearing a belt.))
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » (hee.)
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » Zixin: *Oddmund is REALLY BRAVE*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » ((Oh Odd))
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm » (I was just wondering if you were going to moon him.^^)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm » *gonna
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm » That'll be it tho.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm » One last thing, when he lands, Oddmunds conna slap his own ass at the demon.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm » Oh!
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 pm » Alright. It's the Demon's turn.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 pm » Just for speed of time.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 pm » The X I just drew is where the ladder up is
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 pm » Alright. Oddmund, you land right there, neatly on the other catwalk.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 pm » Sheesh! Well,at least I rolled it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 pm » Oddmund rolls 10 dice to JUMP 4,9,3,2,5, 1,7,5,4,3 (2 successes)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm » You only need 2 successes. This isn't a very hard jump to make
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm » (Ack! Lost the chat log... dang it. >< ) Alright. Go ahead and make your athletics + dexterity roll
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm » If he wasn't trying to keep quiet, Oddmund would be going 'WOOP WOOP WOOP'
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 pm » And then he's going to jump from one catwalk to another towards the ladder.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 pm » Heeheehee
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 pm » Hmm... Oddmund is going to flash those four hand signals again at the demon- reminding him of the sancity of the Oath they swore, and then neatly turn his hand around to flip him off...
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm » Ok. I can see two different ways you could do that. You could either try to vault over the demon, which would require an athletics + dexterity check, or you could try jumping from one catwalk to the other and bypass the demon entirely, which would require a different athletics check
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm » Oddmund Is going to take a running start, and try to run to the ladder to the roof, vaulting over the demon if he must.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm » Oddmund is going to spread his hands out. "<Cousin dear! I promised I would not alert anyone, and I have not! If you have been so clumsy as to be noticed *before I made the promise* I cannot help that. Noww... if YOU dont follow ME to the roof, you will BREAK A PROMISE, *cousin*.>
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 pm » No, Oddmund is not joining the attck. Oddmud just made a promise.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 pm » the Demon goes on tick 3, since it didn't attack, just moved and allowed Odd to follow it on his tick. (Which didn't turn out too well for it)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 pm » Ok. Zixin next goes on tick 7, then.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 pm » 5
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 pm » Also: Oddmund, you go on the same Tick, if you're going to join in the attack
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 pm » What's the speed on your weapon, Kate?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 pm » Ok. The arrows, fired from a sacred bow made of a heavenly metal, slam into the demon's muscled sinew. One on one flank, the other on another flank. The demon screams, a sound that sounds like a war cry. "TRETCHERY!" As it whirls back to glare at Oddmund, an odd yellow ichor leaking from the wounds on its body. "Capricious and whimsical words whispered by deceptive and decietful cousins!"
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:17 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:16 pm » ((Pfff, you're literaly no slower then me. Combat is ALWAYS slow. <> ))
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 pm » 2,7,7,10,4, 2,6,7,1,4, 4,6,9 (5 successes)
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 pm » 5 successes.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » *rolling all 13 at once because I have already slowed this way down sorry about that*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » Go ahead and roll for damage
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » From what I can see, the math works out.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » 7 and then 6. Str = 3
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » Wait, no.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » Yes?
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm » So it's 9 damage dice on the first attack, and 8 on the second.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 pm » Just to attack dice, I believe.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 pm » ...does my internal -2 penalty apply to damage dice as well as attack dice, or just the attack dice?
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 pm » So it's str + 0L for the arrow + 2L for powerbow + 2 for starmetal (sorry to spell everything out but I'm worried I'll screw something up otherwise) + successes - 2 soak
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm » So it's reduced to a 2.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm » Ok, we'll I specified peircing arrows, which say to use half of the lethal soak.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm » Lethal Soak, yes.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm » ...you mean lethal soak?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm » (Okay, I've got 'On the Roof' running through my head now.)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm » I'm assuming you're using arrows that deal lethal damage. If you are, it's lethal DV is 4.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm » Ok, didn't get any extra successes anyway.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm » ((Interestingly, I like to think when Oddmund *sings*, he also sounds a little like Cherry from Studio Killers, but now Im just getting arcane.))
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm » ...procede.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm » Can I roll an extra 2 dice for each of those? I forgot to add the powerbow's accuracy.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm » ...wait, shoot.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm » Er, 0
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm » For this purpose, i'm going to be generous and rule that these are unexpected attacks. It's Parry DV is -.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm » Ok. The demon isn't suspecting an attack and honestly didn't consider Zixin a threat.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm » 2nd attack, 1 success
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm » 1st attack, 2 successes
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm » So 7 dice, then 6.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm » ALright
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm » Two arrow flurry, using piercing arrows.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm » Ok. Zixin is firing? Make your rolls!
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm » .
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm » hee
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm » Oddmund: *and sanctifying the oath means the demon cant squabble the technichalitys*
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm » Oddmund: *did NOT promise that no one else hadnt ALREADY noticed him*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm » Yup. Firing arrows at the demon.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 pm » It's now tick 2. Zixin, are you doing anything?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 pm » That being said, Zixin is not privy to this conversation. He merely sees the demon attack Odd, the two of them pause, and then it turns and starts moving back away from Odd for some reason.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 pm » The demon is beginning to turn and scrabble, metal clacking against metal, against the catwalk as it heads towards the ladder, leaving nicks and dents as it goes.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 pm » ...pffffffff.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm » Oddmund holds up a hand, with his palm up- mking these gestures in quick sucsession: One finger, Hand cupped upwards, Pinky and thumb out, and finaly hand in a fisat downwards- the signs of the Wand, the gestures of the Sword, Cup, Wand, and Coins- the symbols used to sanctify oaths smong the Fae. "<I promise, I will not bring anyones fresh attention to thee as I adjourn to the roof.>"
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm » "Until then, cousin, I give my word that I wilst not harm thou so long as none seek to harm me."
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 pm » The demon pauses for a moment. "I honor your bargain in good faith, but wilst warn thou that if my presence is brought to anyone's attention before thou arrive, I wilst kill thou and every other mortal within this warren once my refuge is lost. "
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 pm » ((Hatchworth is the one in the dapper bowler hat. With the mosutache~))
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 pm » ((Hatchworth the robot, by the way, is featured here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DFWwlGIMdA ))
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:54 pm » Oddmund shrugs faintly, hands on his cane- he has hsi hands in the position to draw the sword, which is always odd, since he still has to lean on it. "<Cousin, thy can'st blame me for fufilling mine function, for thou still seeks to service *thine*. The roof, then, cousin? Mine word Ill get there, but as thou can see, I am a cripple, and will be a little slow.>"
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 pm » ((Heh... *tries to imagine how a voice sounds over sprinkles*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 pm » (pfff)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:52 pm » ((If anyones curious about Oddmunds voice, take one part Hatchorth the Robot, add a shot of Vocaloid, and shake. Serve over ice with sprinkles.))
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:52 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:52 pm » The demon's eyes narrow and the tone, despite being quite hard to sound anything other than horrible, sounds a bit... scandalized. The tone, over the din of battle always innate to it's speech, sounds similar to that of a young noble lady asked quite brazenly to remove her top. "I wilst most certainly not! I am not a bird to be caged, nor wouldst my binder condone such treatment!"
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 pm » Oddmund licks his lips, slipping into Old TOunge- his voices echo of the Wylds unnatural reverbation more clear, even though he speaks quietly. "<You could always surrender and allow me to arrest you, or interiew you for the possibility of a crime.>"
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm » There is a way up. There's a ladder on the catwalks, on one end, going up towards the roof.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm » A ladder, or something- a maintenence route.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:47 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:47 pm » A way to the roof?
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm » Oddmund blinks, one ear pricking up. When he was in the theater, did he notice a way yo to the roof?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm » The Nephilim speaks in low, hushed tones, that Oddmund can hear, but aren't audible to others over the play going on below
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 pm » Then he understands the voice that sounds like the snapping of bones and the screaming of men in a quiet chorus quite clearly. "Cousin mine, I wilst relent this assault shouldst thou promise that ye and I shall both withdraw from this structure. Tis nae boon for neither ye or I if the mortals see either of our true natures."
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 pm » Because of his dad.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm » Yes, he does.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm » It speaks, this time in Old Realm. Oddmund, do you know that language?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm » This means that the Demon goes first. It's not presently aware that Zixin is onto it. However, given that Oddmund wasn't hurt by its previous blow, the demon is going to actually do something OTHER than just lunge forward at him.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:41 pm » Alright.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:40 pm » Ok. That makes sense.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:40 pm » Now let's get back to this. Slays will start at tick 10, Oddmund and Zixin both go at Tick 2, and the demon goes at tick 0. Under the circumstances I'm not going to let Slays roll to start faster, if only becuase he was on ground level at the time and getting up to the catwalks by foot takes some doing. I feel it is an appropriate delay in time. Once Slays arrives he can take his first action at tick 10 and will continue as normal from there
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm » Thank you.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm » ...my apologies to everyone. I've been running tongiht's game rather lackluster and it's showing. I've taken a moment to clear my head and I am prepared now. I will strive, as always, to make an entertaining game for everyone.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm » Okay.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm » ...Ok. I hate to hold everything up, but I need a moment to regroup. I will be right back
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm » So we are using ticks, and Slays will arrive on tick 10. Ok.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm » And thats- thanks, kate...
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm » I think Slays could roll to try and go faster...
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm » kk
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm » No, it's a valid point. Alright. Slays will arrive on tick 10, and then rolls a join battle then.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm » (did we stopusing ticks? I remember we discussed it...)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm » ........*confused*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm » So once the demon as gone 3 times, Slays will arrive
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm » I'm defining it as once the demon takes an action
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm » 2,6,2,3 (failure)
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm » What'sa turn?
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm » kk
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm » Slays can roll Join Battle in 3 turns.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm » Zero successes,
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm » does slays need to roll join battle or do that after 3 turns?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm » Er... yes, please roll join battle
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm » Demon got 2.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm » ......Roll join battle, you mean?
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm » Alright. Join Battle rolls! Slays, you've got 3 turns left. Zixin, Oddmund, and the Demon all go
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:28 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm » Oddmund: ....Ah need to buy th contessah a whisky for not lettin' me not wear armor.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm » It rolled a 6! Oddmund, by some miracle of fate, luck, or just really well made armor, the demon scrapes along your armor but doesn't manage to cut your body!
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 pm » Ok. So just one lethal damage die.
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 pm » +4L/2B
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm » Lethal Soak
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm » Ok! Back to the fight. The demon lunges at Oddmund. It only got one success, but since Odd's DV is 0, it hits anyway. Oddmund is struck by a Green Iron claw, scraping along his breastplate. What's Oddmund's Soak?
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm » Zixin: *AGH AGH AGHAGH BOW AGH*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm » Hostility is obvious as it lunges at Oddmund.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:23 pm » At just the right moment, at just the right time, Zixin's head looks up to see a large creature, all sinews of muscle grafted onto green iron, lunge at Oddmund
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:23 pm » The odd not-tugging sensation seems to be pulling you upwards, as if trying to tug you into the air, but it's much too light for it to actually lift you. But it DOES manage to make Zixin's head turn
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 pm » Zixin: *eepwhat*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 pm » Rewrite then: Zixin! As you're working on a prop, you suddenly feel something that's not quite a physical sensation. It's not like anything you've felt before, but the closest parallel you can imagine is someone tugging on the hem of a bit of your clothing, except instead of your clothing, it's the hem of your soul.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 pm » Er, sorry.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 pm » Hey, hey. No Oddmunds Thoughts, please.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm » Alright. The demon lunges at Oddmund, who in his panic reaches down and grabs at whatever he can to try and protect himself. He doens't get to his sword, however. By some quirk of fate his hand grasps around The Lovers card. He invokes its power, and suddenly feels the world around him get all strange. It's as if the entire world is a web, and he cna see himself as a single thread inside it. For just a moment, he is briefly aware of every Wyld Concept invoked into this theater house and how they all connect to become the Shape of the House and everyone inside it. He sees Zixin's thread and wonders if he can just reach out and...
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm » I'm just glad I went for heavy armor for a speedy uy. These things happen.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm » I accept your apology. Thank you.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm » Alright, lovers card, and Oddmunds breastplate can get a workout.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm » ...let's just move on. Sorry if I was rude.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:16 pm » I'm apologizing in a 'I am terse about this subject' way, my friend. But thanks for magnanimously accepting it.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:16 pm » It's ok, Troll. NO need to apologize, we're all a bit rust.y
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:16 pm » I'm sorry I forgot after two weeks that I had a atribute bonus, for a roll that could have meant life or death, and that I'm holding up the game while being attacked by a demon.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm » Sorry. I should have been more clear.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm » Well I feel a little bit scrutinized, so I apologize for being terse, I guess.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 pm » I know you did. I was more clarifying that I was going to let you pick
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 pm » Id like it to be Zixin. Slays is already on his way, and Zixin uses long range weapons.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 pm » I said 'or'
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 pm » I'll let you pick: Either Slays or Zixin, you can get one but not both
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:13 pm » That's a creative use of the card. Not ENTIRELY what I planned on it being used for, but given the definition I gave you, I'd say it fits.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:13 pm » Or alternately to get Slays up into the same area, or whatever you decide is the correct interpretation.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:13 pm » I'd like to use The Lovers, and specificaly, I'd like to use it to bring Zixins attention to the battle.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm » I
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm » "profzobot: (8:47:23 PM)The Lovers: Even in the darkest pit, Oddmund will find a friendly face!"
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm » Ok....
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm » AP BAP
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm » Alright. The demon attacks.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 pm » 9,3,1,3,3, 3,9 (2 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 pm » There. It's the same roll.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm » No. You can use either one
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm » Is using the app chat roller manditory versus using the exalted dice roller?
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm » It's been two weeks, and combat is literally always slow.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:09 pm » /
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm » .... alright. I'll allow it this time, but just in the interest of saving time, if you forget something that's factored into a roll, from here on out you have to live with it. That goes for both players and DMs. We need to keep track of that
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm » It's alright if you choose to refuse that, but I am within my rights to request it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 pm » I'd preffer to take a re-roll. Just adding two dice would require me to critical one or both dice.
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 pm » So if it gives you one or two extra dice, roll those and add the results.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 pm » I'm usualy not the person to squack about a re-roll, but if I may, his Backstage Face perception is 5, and he did have to spend essence.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 pm » Alright. Under those circumstances, I'll allow you to roll the extra dice to whatever your upper roll is
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 pm » Which means I rolled with the wrong Perception stat.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 pm » It swaps the stats of his Personality and Intelect attributes horizontally, trading out his enjoyable, easygoing likability for speedy intelligence.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm » Ok... remind me what that does?
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm » *hand up* Oddmund is still under the effect of Backstage Face.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm » I'm not urging, really. I'm making sure people remember we've got the cards. It's been a while
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm » ...WAIT A SEC
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm » *sigh* It rankles me to use a important, unreplacable artifact at the urging of a DM, but I think I do.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » (Yes. It was, Wally)
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » Last chance: You COULD use a card if you have one that's applicable.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » (The four successes was on the stealth roll, correct?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » Thats fine.
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm » Looks like one success. Unless you've got a way of re-rolling, or changing circumstances, Oddmund doesn't notice
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm » Anyways. You make a Perception + Awareness check. The demon had 4 successes, so you have to beat 4 to notice it ahead of time
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm » It's cool
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Nt something I could have intuited.
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Magic like defensive charms, I mean.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Oh, thank god.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » He has essence.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » That being said, I am also supposed to give you a chance to detect an unexpected attack unless a charm is used. So since I'm clearly rusty on the rules, we're going to back up a bit
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Oddmund HAS magic
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm » Oh well, fan damn tastic- WAIT
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:58 pm » ...I just looked it up. Without magic, your parry and dodge DV are set to 0
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm » DV is 4, PDV- which I know he can't use unaware, I imagine, is 5. I dont know what difference being unaware makes; it hasnt come up before.
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm » back
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm » It's an unexpected attack, so it happens before Join Battle is done
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm » Ok. What's Oddmund's DV while he's unaware?
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm » What are you rollinz, Z? I know from context it's probably supposed to be an attack, but battle is literaly always a giant hassle, and I'd like to be as clear as possible.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm » Just if I need more than 2 successes to succeed, letting me make checks seems sort of silly.
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm » 1 success
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm » I know, Kate. I'm just being fair.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm » ( 7 + 8 + 10 + 1 + 2 )
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm » I still only have one die for it, you know.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm » (Suggested music, btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S-Sm4olqbM )
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:52 pm » Zixin, you blew your last Perception + Awareness check, but I'll allow you to make another one now if you want.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:52 pm » Oddmund: .....*mneep*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm » So anyways, the demon hisses quietly at Oddmund in Malfean "Ing ith rune ath!" and lunges at him, sharp green iron claws swinging at him!
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm » I'll keep it in mind for next time
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm » brb, I've been volunteeered to take care of dishes. luckily looks like I won't be doing anything for a bit
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm » fair enough.
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm » It is an old theater, also I'm not entirely up on my theater architecture.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm » But it could be an old theater
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm » theyre also usualy shaped more like a spine+ribs.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm » ...what an oddly positioned catwalk.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm » Oddmund: *did his Son Goku trick*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm » Slays, it will take you (4) turns (defined by both the demon and Oddmund and anyone else who may get involved) to get up to the catwalks from where you are, unless you have a way of getting up quickly like Odd did using a charm or an artifact
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm » Since I don't have a specific pog for Oddmund, he'll be being representated by the purple-haired chap. The demon is right behind him
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm » Slays has no reason to *trust* it, killing demons is part o his job(in his name in fact), and that's Odd up there, no way he's walking away
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm » https://app.roll20.net/join/127684/O5C6Kg Please join this Roll20 board. The demon's action is considered a surprise, so Oddmund is considered unaware until it acts
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm » yep.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm » Ok... Slays, you indicated that you were climing up into the catwalks to get to help Oddmund, inspite of the voice in your head, right?
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm » (hi!)
Snail « Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm » ((Agl I was asleep! Hi!))
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm » Oddmund: *musnt scream itll ruin the performance musnt scream it'll ruin the performance*
Wallycaine « Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm » (Yay, fixing things!_
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm » Slays:*is not fond of this headache. is going to hurt whatever is causing it*
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm » Zixin: *FIXING things*
chicgeek « Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm » RainOOC: *gets popcorn*
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 pm » But on lighter notes, Zixin found the spring he was looking for to fix the broken fake sword!
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 pm » Oddmund; Bugger.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 pm » A Nephilim.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 pm » Slays's head started to pound and a voice inside it started telling him to run. Meanwhile, Oddmund heard something from the catwalks, went up to investigate, and then... a demon dematerialized behind him.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:40 pm » When last we left off, some of the group had met with the odd, old Sensi Sprout. Meanwhile, Oddmund, Slays, Zixin, and the young princess of Storm's Break, Fujio (in disguise) went to a playhouse that may have the murderer hiding inside it
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 7:40 pm » .
Kate « Sun May 19, 2013 7:39 pm » Fuzzy: Wait, I know Blade Carrier. She's not mysterious.
FriendlyTroll « Sun May 19, 2013 7:39 pm » Oddmund: i like this story about the baby dragons.
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:39 pm » Seriously, though
Demothesis « Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 pm » Jan was trying to reason with his baby jade dragon, who had claimed his sock drawer as a new nest. Meanwhile, Fuzzy encountered a mysterious person named Blade Carrier, who had all the jam!
Jane Narbon « Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 pm » DUN DUN DUN...
Zobot257 « Sun May 19, 2013 7:37 pm » Alright. So previously in Exalted...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:44 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 pm » Oddmund: *occasionaly has morals that wander off and to the left and down a hill*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 pm » Oddmund: *sits on the dloor* Can't I jus plant contraband in th' jerks room?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 pm » Okay, Zobot. It's been fun!
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Or alternately: Sad FairyKid Demonstration.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm » *nod* Sounds good to me
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm » Princess Escorting Sim 2013!
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm » Ooooh. *nods* Zixin will follow Odd and Slays then, I think, and get demon metal tomorrow morning.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm » ALright. As much as I hate to cut things off here, I need to end the session here tonight
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm » Oddmund would say they can just leave it for the morning, in that case... if Zixin wants to do that, or come back in the morning and go to bed earlier, thats fine. Its mostly just a game of not keeping the Princess out forever.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:35 pm » Zixin has to go back to the base to get tools anyway, but if it's late and Odd wants to banish it tomorrow he might just go base and then straight back to the demon so he can actually get sleep tonight...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:34 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 pm » Oddmund is figuring theyll take Fujio to the palace, and then he's going to go with Slays to see the Bundok... if Zixin wants to go with them, or go back to their base, thats fine either way.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:32 pm » Oddmund: ...*thinks* Well, Why doncha get the metal from it, we can worry about banishin it tommorow.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 pm » Oddmund: Oh! Hmmmm. Well... *frowns*
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 pm » (darn it tags)
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 pm » Zixin: [size = 80]It'd take me a few hours to get the metal I wanted from it...[/size]
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 pm » Slays:*quirks eyebrow but follows*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 pm » Oddmunds ears perk up. "Heyo! That'd be great~!" his tail geeeently curls around slays leg, and tugs him... further away from the corpse, and fuji.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm » Fujio: I think I could try to banish it... da- er, Uncle and the Chancillor made sure I was taught some of the Immaculate Thaumaturgy... if you wanted.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm » Oddmund, for his part, puts his hands together and mutters a very quick prayer. "So... Leave it here? Dumpster? Take it tuh th' temple? Fuji, we're gonna 'scort you home soon, me n' Slays got somewhere tuh go- zixin cin come with us if he wants.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm » (sorry for the pause in responses, got called away for a moment)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm » Slays:*nods thoughtfully* I would appreciate it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund: Go fer it!
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 pm » Zixin: ... *pokes fingers together* Odd could I have the metal parts of the demon maybe please or is that too disrespectful
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm » It's within the range of 7 to 9 pm right now in game.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 pm » *nodnod*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 pm » Er, sorry. Telling Zixin what he knows
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm » In game.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm » What time is it?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm » Oddmund: ...*smiles* Yeah, accorse. I dont have any new leads right now... all I got is, I think this Mal feller might be Hamlet-ing th' duke. I'll go witcha, if you like."
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:20 pm » Slays: *thinks for a moment and talks to odd quietly* if I may make my own request. I wished to meet with the Bundok who is in the city. To determine his reasons for being here... hopefully they do not involve me, but....
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:20 pm » Oddmund: *to Fuji* I dunno much bout this type. I do know lotta demons is in a Contract. Try gettin em in a new one tuh diffuse.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » 6,2,9,7,3, 8,10 (5 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Oddmund rolls 4 dice to Lore? 3,5,3,8 (1 success)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Fujio: Wooah... She circles the demon and looks around it, occasionally stopping to gaze at some odd part of it's makeup
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » *then
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » Okee. Lore + int them
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » ...I mean, its worth a try.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm » You may
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Can I also do a lore check?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » According to Oddmund waving at the group, I assumed you were all going with him. Unless you'd rather be somewhere lese
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » He wanted to talk out of hearing.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Oddmund told them all to follow.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » Wait are we all on the roof or just Odd and Fujio?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm » I think I can about check to see if it has pants on.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » Lore is easier in this case.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » Hell. 7,3,2,6 (1 success)
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » Lore + int for me, unless occult + int will be easier.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » *debates using Backstage....* I'll just do a basic for now.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » ....Percep and Investigation for me.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Oddmund rolls his sleeves up, and takes out a pair of leather gloves.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Anyone can make occult + intelligence or lore + intelligence checks on the demon's body if you want to know more about them, or if you want to learn about any valuables they may hide. Or you can use Perception + Investigate to search it
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm » Alright. You guys find the Nephilim's corpse on the roof. It's lost a lot of it's weird yellow-green blood, and the body is basically bits of brass and disturbing muscle grafted together inot a form similar in size to a large lion.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 pm » Oddmunds salutes. "Granted! I'll go witcha. We need to loooo..... search fer evidence." he waves the froup, and they'll go to the roof to pat the demons pockets down, because you never know.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 pm » ((Pffff))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm » Fujio starts to take off running, and then her mind catches up wiht her feet and she looks at Oddmund and Slays and Zixin "Um... respectfully respecting the right to ask respectful permission to go, er, examine the assailant, sarge!"
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 pm » Slays: on the roof
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Zixin: ...why would you want to see?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Oddmund frowns, and scuffs the foot. "Dangit. Well ahll talk tuh contessa. Thanks, kiddo. Hmm... yeah~! Slays, wheredja leave th' body at?"
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm » Fujio: CanIsee?CanIsee? *Like an excited child*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm » She looks up at the group. "Um, yes. Warrents are issued by the offical head of the Guard, or by the Duke himself"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm » "Oh aye, a.. watchcallit. Battleytype demon." Oddmund nods, and taps his nose.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm » Slays: I am not sure. Apologies
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:10 pm » At the word demon, Fujio's eyes widen. "A real demon?!?"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 pm » Oddmund taps his foot a little, crossing his arms. "Him? Oh, a de'min. I oathed it, and was leadin it tuh th roof, but cha really nailed it... Heyyy, slays? do we need warrants in this town? Fuji, y' know?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 pm » Slays: *nods* it was a demon.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Zixin: ...so what was the scary thing?
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Zixin: *followed Slays*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm » Alright. The four of you are back together, backstage. What now?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Oddmund beams at her. "Fantastic! We'll talk bout it in a sec~ Cooeeeee, Slaaays~! Lets boogie."
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Oddmund, you see Slays and Zixin are both up in the catwalks. Are you going up there with them?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Slays: *notices Odd looking around and nods to him* We should go Zixin. *makes his way towards the ladder*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm » Fujio: *Trying to resist yelling at the actor* Grr... um! Oh! Sure! I dont' think Uncle will mind, anyway.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 pm » He smiles a little painedly, and then squares his shoulders, and waves to Fujio, looking around for the other two. "Dunt matter anyhow. Hey, halfpint, howdja like a coupla chaperones for a tuh-do tommorow~? I;ll make slays bring a corsage."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:04 pm » Oddmund: ... *hff* Ah, well~ Actors dunt get tipped oftin enough. Right. Crowds spoiled, less go get th' others, Half-pint.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:04 pm » (( D= ))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:03 pm » Alright. The actor babbles something about needing to get some makeoff up his face and then pushes away and starts to scurry off
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:03 pm » Oddmund: *smile~! Chummy~! Pleasant~! Harmless~! Doesnt look like a demon~! Looks like a fluffy ginger sheepie~*
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm » 7,2,8,7,3, 8,1 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm » Ok... the Actor is a bit nervous at Odd grabbing him already. I'm going to have to ask you to make a manipulation + presence check for that
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm » Oddmund smiles brightly at them. "Good! And where was he [date/day of the fire], iffin y'all can remember back tuh then~" as he says this, a coin might ~happen~ to slide into the actors hand.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm » One of the performers jumps as Odd grips his shoulder. "Um, um... well, he's got one of the private dressing rooms he lives out of... I think he's there a lot!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:55 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 pm » Oddmund smiles at fujio, and ruffles her hair. "Good! I was tryin tuh lead it out, but Zixin got it. I betcher prayers helped loads." he says sincerely. He gives her a big 'wallpaper' smile- it looks nice, but its covering something up. "And y'all can tell me watcha really did/saw in one sec. Hold on." he's going to do his best to grab a random actors shoulder. "Heya! Whurr is that mal fella when y'all aint performin r' practicin?"
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:51 pm » Fujio: *Arms fidgiting and looking away from Odd's direct gaze*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:51 pm » Fujio: Um, I, um... I saw something up there with you. I prayed for your safety... um...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm » Oddmund Will wait, and I assume theres nothing but awkward silence and smiles, and he'll walk out to the princess, doing his best to be smiley, and genial. "Heya, Private. I don't think we'll get much more here. Someone... soured th' crowd."
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm » Fujio: *Looks up at Oddmund* O- um, Sarge! Are you ok?
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm » Zixin: *squeak* Thanks Slays. *APPROVAL*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm » Slays: I did not. You were efficient enough to finish the foe before I even entered battle. *nods approvingly*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm » To be fair, she's doing a good job of it.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm » She's right where Oddmund told her to be. In the audience, trying her best not to be kidnapped
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm » Oh hey, wheres the princess?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm » He's not talking to Mal, he's talking to the actors.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 pm » Zixin: Hi Slays. You didn't get hit, did you?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 pm » Mal is ignoring Oddmund now, too busy issuing orders to really pay much attention.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm » Then he swuares his shoulders, and beams at the group around him. "Gosh, sorry bout the show! I was tryin to be quiet, but fightin hand to hand- well, gets noisy. Performin fer th duke, huh? Swag!"
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm » Zixin: *fewer people on the rafters!*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Slays, after a few moments you see Zixin walking up into the Catwalks
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Oddmund glances around at the gap between himself and the actors, and his ears go down.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm » Slays:*arrived in time to ehar the demon remark from up in the rafters. bristles lightly*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Oddmund stares after him, and crosses his arm, tapping his foot.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm » They'll talk to you if you start things, but they try to be avoiding you moreso than they were.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Oddmund, as Slays walks off, you notice people in the stage crew and most of the actors seem to be giving you a wide berth now
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm » Zixin: Yes Odd. *scurrying off toward the catwalk*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 pm » He starts to walk off.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 pm » Mal nods. "That makes me feel a bit better. Thank you, Sargent." He turns. "Well, since this performance is quite disrupted, we had best pack it in. A few of you: refund the audience for their trouble. We'll just hope to recoup the losses for our performance with the Duke tomorrow. "
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm » Oddmund shrugs. "Unfortunately, they likely got in through way a' Magic. So there was no security failin' here. Inquires are ongoin as to their purpose or sender. Zixin, go head up the cat walk to the roof, and check on Slays."
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm » Mal sighs. "My apologies, sir Sargent. I am usually quite good at this, but I am not quite in the right of mind tonight. But please! Security was my responsibility and I clearly failed. Can you tell me how the assailant got in? Or who it was?"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 pm » Oddmund: It's a rude term no matter who my parents wus. Iffin you must reffer tuh another persin' as somethin sides their name, it's god-born. And t' you, civillian, it's Sergant. Now if arsin' about is finished, me an' the private here will recon'vine with our man on the roof. Scuse us.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 pm » Zixin: *is having trouble with this conversation* ... *puts his bow back over his shoulder so it's away*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm » Mal: Oh. OH! I'm so terribly sorry! I didn't mean... I just assumed... I made quite an ass out of myself, didn't I? My apologies. I was trying to thank you, and that came out wrong, and... Ag.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm » ((MikanOOC: Say the word Odd. I'm sure a nice red concave dip in his head would suit the blue eyes nicely.))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm » Oddmund'd bristlig goes from 'mild' to 'Someoen startled the cat. "Thass a rude term, and I won't be hearin' it agin." he sais firmly, acid etching into his words. "Be told."
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm » MalOOC: My apologies. I'm not racist, just stupid and ignorant... :-p
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm » At the mention of demons, oyu see a few of the stagehands step back and look at Odd nervously.
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm » Zixin: ...but Odd isn't a demon. *not making any comments about being touched by demons*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm » "You are demon-touched, are you not? I am not judging, merely curious."
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm » Mal smirks. "I was not referring to the assailant. I was referring to the creature with a tail and ears before me. You are quite odd, for a guard. No wonder you got past without a ticket."
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm » Zixin: ...?
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm » ((Whoooops.))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm » Oddmund blinks faintly. "...why did you ask what he was shooting at, and then know it was a demon?"
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm » Mal looks at the two of you. "Huh. Odd ducks, 'fer guards. But you have my gratitude. I stationed some stagehands as guards this evening! I was expecting people to try and sneak in, but not demons! Do you know how it got here?"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 pm » Oddmund visibly bristles a little- its like watching an animals fur spike out. He puts an arm out as if to sheild zixin. "We was pertectin peace. An assailant had made it intah this theater that needed bein' takin care of, and his shootin probably saved mah life."
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Zixin: I'm sorry it looked dangerous!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm » He turns to look at Zixin. "What were you shooting at? Panicked half the stagehands!"
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm » Mal raises an eyebrow at Oddmund. "Huh! Never heard of your troupe. It's sloppy of me, that. I try to keep up with all the acting groups I can. A shame, I'd love to watch your troup in performance! However, I must know..."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:25 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm » Zixin: *very out of his depth with respect to anything theatre*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm » Oddmund grasps the edge of his helmet, and flicks it up into the air- neatly catching it- bowing shortly, before putting it back on. "Have and already been! Oddmund Olglason, grew up in the Red Winds Silver Edge troupe." he explains, before looking back at Zixin. "M fine, Zix. Good, good shot!" He turns back to mal. "But I chose t' go into protection of the peace."
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 pm » Zixin: Odd, are you ok? *timid but there was a thing ATTACKING*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 pm » "Almost as good at stealing the show as I am! That's no mean feat!"
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 pm » The tall, dark-haired man who introduced himself as Mal's eyes go wide. He looks at Zixin, then at Odd, and then he tilts his head and gives a loud belly laugh. "Hah! You're wasted as town guards, both of you! With skills like that you should be on stage!"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 pm » And he should be between Zixin and Mal, although he doesnt know why thats important, he just wanted to keep Zixin from panicking.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 pm » He glitters fainty as he smiles, the motion going smoothly from 'Badly made animatronic unfolding' to 'genuine charmer'
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm » Thank you.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm » Mmm.... usually you have to declare you're doing it before an action, but I'll allow it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm » One mot.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm » Shoot, on the way down, can he reverse his Theaterface charm before he says that?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm » "Allo! Hell, ladies and gents! Whoo, that one shook the anklebones, ay? Hi! Could you give my debonair and very single friend here some breathring room? Wonderful! You're so kind~ Isnt he a great shot? Good job, Zix!"
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm » He's successful in landing gracefully and in such a way that he manages to prevent the ground from thumping him back once he thumps into it
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm » Oddmund runs long the catwalk, spots his shy friend, and with a hop and a skip, leaps down off the scaffolding with a whistle- landing with a hop and a stumblw, capped with a laugh at the near-fall.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm » Three successes is juuuust enough to do it. Ok, Oddmund has clearly been trained in all manner of acrobatics, and as such knows the secrets to falling without being hurt, and how to reduce the danger that an impact poses.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm » Oh, sorry.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm » 6,5,3,4,10, 5,1,8,5,3 (3 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm » ehhhh, not m best, bt not a fail. Blame the demon rattling him. 6,5,3,4,10, 5,1,8,5,3 (3 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 pm » One sec.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 pm » It's not the hardest leap in the world (certainly easier than say, skydiving) but still a fall from that height could hurt a person
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Woo!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Still a bit of a jump. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for an Athletics + Dexterity check for Odd to land gracefully and without injury
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Zixin: Hi, Odd.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:11 pm » Well, once hes more overhead.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm » That is quite a leap
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm » Oddmund specificaly Is going to leap down off the catwalk, and land in front of Zixin.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm » *nodnod*
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm » Zixin: *needs someone to hide behind*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm » *talking to him
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm » Ah, really? I missed that detail. Alright. SLAYS is the one dragging a demon's body up the ladder, which may be a bit harder with just one person, while Odd is going back down to help Zixin not have a panic attack with people staring at him and talking
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm » (...We're totally the mafia)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm » actually just slays was taking care of the body. odd was heading back down to zixin iirc
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm » The first of those three who was meeting with Mal in a very literal sense, while the second and third were disposing of a body in a way that is less mafia-esque than it sounds
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm » Sounds good to me!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm » So anyways... this is a perfect segway to shift the action over towards Zixin, Oddmund, and Slays
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm » Oooh, good luck...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm » Seeing if it will be cooperative when other things are not
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm » My laptop may also be having issues. I'm currently on my ipad
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm » Ok. I've officially had it up to here with my parent's interent connection
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm » (Aww, that always sucks. We decided to head out to the Theatre district)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm » ...dang internet connection
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 pm » Misa: Sounds good then. *heads off to the Theatre district*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 pm » Rain: Works for me!
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 pm » Mikan: And also that.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 pm » Mikan: Theater. We'll have better luck at the palace if we've got Odd with us.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm » Misa: *chuckles* Well, I think the theatre district takes us out of the way, so we might not run into him on the way back... So maybe that?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm » Rain: Bleagh, you would have to remind me of him.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm » Rain: *to the others, as they leave* So-the palace, the theater district, or somewhere else?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm » Alright. As the group leaves, what are you guys planning on doing next?
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm » Mikan: Alright. Let's hope the damn dragon got bored or set himself on fire.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm » MisaOOC: Yeah, yeah, you crazy bastard.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm » (Heh... I think we've managed to run out of them)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm » SproutOOC: Now be off with ye, lest I sic this non-canonical tiny cat-beastman on you!
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm » (Okay, I'm out of questions^^)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm » Misa: Good to know.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:52 pm » Sprout: ...Ah. THAT man believed that the Silver Lining was somewhere beneath the Deva's palace. Some ancient Sun King bunker or such rubbish. He believed it was dangerous, so he was looking for people to guard him as he went to find it.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:50 pm » Rain: And do you remember what he said about the Silver Lining? Please, it would be a tremendous help.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:49 pm » Rain: Wait, he wanted you to be his bodyguard? Did he want protection in general, or against anyone in particular?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm » Misa: Well, we shouldn't rely on just that, but thank you.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm » Mikan: Alright. That's something.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm » Sprout: *looks up at Mikan* Hm? I would be willing to testify, for what good it is.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm » Sprout: *Muttering mostly to himself*The whole dojo stank of his obsession for days after he asked me to be his bodyguard. And sweat. He was far too sweaty. Even for me.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: *very obviously expecting a no*
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: *disappointed* Any chance you'd at least be willing to testify?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 pm » Sprout: And that V'neef noble wouldn't shut up about it. Even I took notice
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 pm » Sprout: Proof? Hm, no. I chose not to bother with observing him. But I would not be surprised if he was the killer. I know he told his allies to silence anyone who knew of the Silver Lining beyond his little circle
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 pm » MisaOOC: *socially awkward fistbump*
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 pm » ((Misa and Mikan: Socially awkward buddies!))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 pm » Misa: ...You're welcome. *pat pat*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 pm » Misa: *the awkwardest of hugs*
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm » Mikan: *to Sprout* You said Mal was the murderer. You have proof of that?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm » Tali smiles, going to Rain and hugging her tightly as well. "You sacraficed for me, if I remember correctly." She then turns to Hug Misa. " And you fought for me."
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm » Misa: What?
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm » Mikan: Hold it hold it wait!
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 pm » Mikan: ...*awkward yet sincere pat!* Welcome kid. You were brave today. Don't forget that.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:40 pm » Rain: *quietly, to Misa* We'd best not use that little demon to read the book, since Mal could control it if it got away from us. And...maybe we'd best warn Slays, when we catch up to him next.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 pm » Tali nods and walks forward. She leans in and hugs Mikan. " I... Miss Mikan... thank you for everything."
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:38 pm » Mikan: *to Tali* ...You be careful, alright? If you wanna practice tomorrow, I'll come here. Best for you not to be running all over town I think.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm » Rain: Okay, we're shooing already. Thank you again, Master Sprout.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm » Misa: *bows*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:36 pm » Sprout: I have answered your questions and promised to protect Tali. I believe our business is finished, and I am an old man and need my rest. Off with ye, guards.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:36 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:36 pm » ((Oooo.))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 pm » (Trainers will always be NPCs that have some role in the story, but will not be identified as such unless the group asks to work with them)
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 pm » Mikan: She'd flatten him. Obviously.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm » (...Yay for off the cuff questions turning into actual help!)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm » (Sprout is a Trainer of the Melee attribute. Contessa, just for a reference, is also a Trainer of the War attribute)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm » Rain: *grins* Why not? Now I'm wondering what a sparring match between him and the Contessa would be like!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm » (It's worth noting now that Sprout has become the first Trainer your group has found! Congrats! What this means is that, if you are choosing to train under Sprout to increase a specific attribute, you can raise that attribute in less time than you can training by yourself.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 pm » Mikan: Don't encourage him.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm » Sprout: Fu fu fu... train, you say? I would be honored! The dojo's been quite sparse since I scared off my last group of students. Just me and the boy.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm » (So, it would make sense for us to go to the Theater district, after what Master Sprout said, but we don't know the particular troop, or that the others are there. Got it!)
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm » Misa: I believe that's it? *looks around* Unless I could ask if we could stop by and train here occasionally?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm » (Nods)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm » (If anyone remembers otherwise please clarify, but I don't think Slays or Oddmund told you guys, and Zixin sort of found them afterwards on his own)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm » (As far as I know, just that they're out, yeah)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm » (If I recall correctly, you don't know they're going to the theater district. Just out investigating)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm » (Do we know that the rest of the God Squad is going to the Theater to track down a lead on the mask? Or just that they're out investigating, too?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm » Sprout: *Nods* Is there anything else I can assist you with?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:28 pm » Rain: And repulsive to me. Or, his trinket anyway. And has a theater group of killers. *nods(
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:28 pm » Mikan: Needs to be in control, insufferably friendly, thinks everything exists for him...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm » *snerk*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm » (Insert irony after that last statement)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm » Sprout: I cannot tolerate a man who believes himself to be the main character of a story and because of that belief, that every other character is irrevalent.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:24 pm » *leave
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:24 pm » Sprout: As he could not control me, I chose to left before he would try to destroy me.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:24 pm » Sprout: Aside from his personal insistance that the greatest of the gods has abandoned mortals, which I cannot abide as it is quite dishonest and manipulative, Mal suffers under an arrogant belief that he is infalliable which rather annoyed me, and desires to be quite in control of anyone who is near him.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:23 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 pm » Mikan: Aside from insufferably friendly, what's he like? *stuck on this point* ...What didn't you two see eye to eye on?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm » Sprout: Mal has short black hair and pale cream-colored skin, with pale blue eyes. He might have dyed his hair or changed his appearance, however, since I met him
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm » Misa: Well, he mentioned a theatre group, so I'd probably start there.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 pm » Rain: And, any idea on where to search for him? Groups he controls, places he hangs out?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:18 pm » Rain: What does he *look* like?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:18 pm » Sprout: Insufferably friendly.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:16 pm » Mikan: ...You've met the guy. What's he like?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:16 pm » Rain: Thank you, Master Sprout.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:15 pm » Sprout: *Folds his arms* That is all I really know about this subject.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:15 pm » Rain: So, it'll be like I have godly hayfever? *grins* Okay, I can be a token detector. That's useful.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:13 pm » Misa: ...Interesting.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 pm » Sprout: *Raising his arms* Gods and demons; locked in a war more ancient than nearly everything alive. The token would be something those with the blood of gods would be repulsed by merely by being close to it, and something those with the power of demons would find quite dear.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm » Sprout: Ah... the token? I don't know what it is, no. He smiles at Rain weakly. "But perhaps you might be able to sense it. You have the scent of them on you... Gods, that is."
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm » Misa: Of course.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:10 pm » Mikan: Huh. Any chance he's got to the Merchant's Guild?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:10 pm » Sprout: *Looking at Mikan* I do not know his full plan. He and I did not see eye to eye, as he couldn't convince me to see things his way. I do know he seeks something known as The Silver Lining, and he seeks it before others would claim it.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 pm » Rain: *looks at Misa, as she talks as the same time he does, with a small smile* Great minds think alike?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 pm » Rain: Is there a way to identify what the token is, short of stripping him buck naked ?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 pm » Misa: ...That's useful to know. I'm gonna guess you don't know what his token is?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:07 pm » Sprout turns to look at Rain. "The powers of Akuma are always linked to a physical token that is symbolic of the deal they have struck. Claim the token from him or destroy it and his powers will fade."
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:06 pm » Misa: *sighs* Well, that's unfortunate. It seems much of his power depends on who he can talk to, and we don't know who he can talk to.
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:06 pm » Mikan: *raises an eyebrow*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 pm » Sprout scoffs. "I have no dealings with demons! At least not of the kind that allow me knowledge of them. Perhaps some of the people I used to know might have better answers for you, but the Sun Kings are gone now... they walked off the edge of the world and never returned..."
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 pm » Mikan: And just what is he trying to *do*? Long or short run.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 pm » Rain: Is there a good way to lessen his control of people? Is there anything he is particularly vunerable to?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 pm » Misa: *nods* What of the Demons he knows? Do you know anything of them?
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 pm » ((groooooooaaaaaaaaaaan))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm » Sprout: He believes these gifts make him powerful. Yet his power is not his own, just the gifts of beings greater than his own
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm » (It was just a Mal-opropism. ^^)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm » Sprout: *Closing his eyes* Mal is a housecat who believes himself to be a lion. He has made deals with demons for power and I believe his intent is to somehow repay that deal with his actions here. What I know of his gifts as an Akuma are unfortunately limited. He has some sway over people who listen to him long enough. He can talk to demons and make them listen, or at least not kill him themselves. He was somehow able to turn a troupe of actors into something not dissimilar to a guild of assassins.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm » (*nods* *embarassed* Go on, then.))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm » Misa: And what can he do?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 pm » (Oh, it's fine. Just had already typed that up.)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » (Sorry! Sorry! )
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » (He is. We were just clarifying that, and letting Chic know that she met Mal at the theatre)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » ((Ooookay. I was... very confused. Go on then. ))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » (Alright. To clarify to everyone: I misspoke and said Zixin was with Misa and Mikan instead of Rain being with Misa and Mikan. So I just made a joke about them switching places.)
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » ((He is. We're talking to someone who is not Mal.))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm » ((*missed something*...))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:59 pm » ((I thought Zixin was at the theater with Oddmund and Slays))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:59 pm » Misa: Well... what can you say of what Mal can do.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:59 pm » .....? *confused*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm » TiOOC: (Where'd my bath poof go?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm » (Yes. A man calling himself "Mal" Just introduced himself to Zixin after Zixin got done shooting arrows at a demon*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm » OOC: *Zixin and Rain switch places with a poof!*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm » (Wait, Zixin meet mal face to face? )
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm » Er... sorry. Yeah, it was Rain, not Zixin
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:57 pm » *nods*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:57 pm » (Yep)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:57 pm » (So where did we leave off the questions? And I think it was Rain, not Zixin
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm » Sensi Sprout, leaning on his Staff, sighs. "Consider my knowledge at your disposal. So what do you wish to know?"
Kate « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm » Zixin: *meep?*
Snail « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm » yay~
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm » (Of course)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm » Wooo!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm » So we'll be starting with Misa, Mikan, and Zixin!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm » Now these are both very significant storylines... but meeting Mal face to face has a bit of story-weight to it that the others don't.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:53 pm » Meanwhile, after dealing with an (apparently) rogue demon in a theater house, Zixin had just met mr. Mal face to face, while Slays and Oddmund had to figure out what to do with the demon's body
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:53 pm » Anyways... previously on Exalted: Misa, Mikan, and Rain had gotten the agreement of the man known as Sensi Sprout to answer their questions about Mal and who and what he is.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm » Peri: Bugger.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm » Ti: *sighes*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm » *story
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm » Er, wait... nevermind. Wrong stor
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm » Previously on Exalted, Peri and Sai had gone drinking!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm » hee
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm » A fry of Spammers.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm » Hehee.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm » What do you call a group of spammers? A can of Spam-mers? A Hormel of spammersz?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm » kk
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 pm » Slays and Oddmund, and Misa, you guys I'll be meeting with sometime during the week to resolve what happens with each of your side bits. And then we'll get back to the main game sometime next weekend
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 pm » ((Don't look now, but I think we have spammers.))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 pm » Alright. I'm unfortunately going to call the game here tonight. This night was fairly low key, but it's important to set up for later events.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 pm » Oddmund: *needs to work the stress off, and is secretly hoping for a decent half a fight*
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 pm » Zixin: *wishing going back to get demon metal didn't have such a high risk of being attacked by a demon*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 pm » Rain: Just keep an eye out for that Peleps Hoshu.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm » Slays: ...Something like that. *takes arm and heads for the door*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm » Peleps HoshuOOC: I'll be back!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm » Oddmund: Ooh, she might like that. *offers his arms to Slays* You and me, mate, 'ave a preiest to... what, shake down, talk to? Whatever~
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm » Mikan: *to Fujio* Can also paint your face up if you like. Later.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm » Mikan: ...Unless she'd rather learn how to make a pie. Up to her.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 pm » *Hoshu*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 pm » Mikan: *salutes* Yessir!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 pm » Ok... Misa, I'll be handling your thing in chat.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 pm » Oddmund nods, and squeezes Fujios shoulder* Oy! Mikan! Keep an eye on the Private for me? If she gets fidgity teach her how to swing a hammer.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 pm » Rain: Slays, that hot head was called Peleps Hishu, I just remembered.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm » Fujio: ...I jus want to stay here and think a bit, O-rwar. 'm Sorry.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm » Rain: Wait!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund salutes Misa as she goes.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm » (Obviously attempting to be stealthy on my way to the trade district, if you want me to roll?)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:25 pm » Misa nods. "Alright, wish me luck." Heading up the stairs, she swings out a window, and starts out across the rooftops.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund: ...*biting his lip* ...Private? How you feeling? You... could come with me and slays?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm » Oddmund: *nods* I have it all put together here... *scribbles on the side of the letter: Attacked by demon, keeping Little Descendant with me, on advice(?) of Dukes staff. Has not been kidnapped.)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm » Rain: So, the rest of us hold the fort here until your return?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm » Slays: I'll be going with Odd for that.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm » Misa: So I'm heading to trade district... alright, that should do it. Got anything else you want to put in the letter, Odd?
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Rain: Hey, didn't Slays want to see somebody?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Mikan: *mildly disappointed*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm » Rain: *grins* Non taken.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:21 pm » Misa: No offense, but I can probably get to the contessa and back with less trouble than all of us trouping down there.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 pm » Oddmund: *whistles* That might be the place. Okay, I think I 'ave a message for the contessa... *crouches and writes, carefully, a letter to the contessa: 'Contessa: Have suspect for murder; name of Mal, head of [____] theater company. Have evidence connecting him to crime, and possible witness connection, and alligations of demon summoning. Cannot confirm these without search; Is performing for the Duke. I beleive he may be trying to commit an assasination. Planning on forming gaurd detail; please advise'.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm » Rain: So...do we go to the Contessa and fill her in?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm » Fujio: Un- The DUKE won't let m- us dig too deep into anything mysterious
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:18 pm » Fujio: Or there's also the secret passage in the Dragon's Temple... I don't know where it goes, but some of the Immaculate Monks have used it before for some rituals they won't let me see.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:18 pm » Mikan: But he also straight-up said Mal was the murder-hm? *listening*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm » Fujio: *Thinking* Um... well... there's the crypts beneath the castle. Uncle's troops discovered them a few years ago, but he didn't let me investigate them...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm » Rain: I think he said that the murder victem thought it was in the basement under the palace. He'd tried to hire Sprout as a bodyguard.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Oddmund: Any... I dunno... wierd secret passages?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Mikan: Sprout said he was the murderer too, but couldn't give us any kind of evidence. Said he'd testify, but that's not much.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Oddmund puts his hands on his hips. "Th mask is somewhat good, and we could corroberate timing, bu not 'fore tommorow. The main thing is to *be there*, and keep him safe.... and have a gaurd between him and the thing he wants. *to Rain* And findin it first would be a boon Private! Do you know anything?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Or we lead him right to it. I think protection detail is our first job. Finding whatsits is going to be second priority.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:15 pm » Rain: Odd, but what about our tip from Sprout? That the...whatsit...is under the palace, and that Mal wants it. Maybe we can find it before he tries to tomorrow?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm » Oddmund: Wellll, the plan is tell contessa what to do, and then stand tight gaurd around yer uncle... we need to see if we have enough grounds to actualy arrest anyone.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm » Zixin: *sitting down in a corner of the Guardhouse*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 pm » Rain: If he's going to the palace tomorrow, we should go there toinight.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 pm » Fujio: Ah! Um, so, what are we going to do? It sounds like Mal is planning something bad...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 pm » Oddmund gives Fujio a firm hug.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:10 pm » Fujio: I'm... I'm sorry. I just need to think about this...
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:10 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm » Oddmund: ... I think so. I'm going to try and make sure he is, I promise you. *holds out his hand* We could still take you back to the palace, and talk to him directly.... *speaking quietly*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:07 pm » Fujio: This is... really big. Um, do you think my Dad, um, the Duke will be ok?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm » Oddmund: ...? *leans over* Hey, you okay, kiddo? Iknow its been a stressfull day... *squeezes her shoulder*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm » Rain: Ask the other guards?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm » One of the guards says that Contessa is at the Main Guardhouse in the trade district. She's coordinating the Night Watch there.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm » Misa: *looks around* ...Got an idea on where the Contessa is? The offer to carry your message still stands.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm » Fujio: S*ighs*
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm » Mikan: ...Odd? Might wanna look after your recuit there.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm » The Contessa is not there. There are a few other guards, who are suiting up for night watch, however
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm » Is the Contessa there?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm » Alright, the group has returned to the Guardhouse, where Fujio sits down behind a desk and closes her eyes
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:00 pm » Oddmund: *has been in hought during the conversation- which is unusual!*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:59 pm » ((Dusk: But cold iron is effective against a lot of things, and it hefts so nicely.))
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:59 pm » ((MikanOOC: Good way to ruin your pan, and the balance is terrible! Use the right tool for the job!))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 pm » So anyways, the group arrives back at the guard house after talking about a variety of supernatural things.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 pm » (And Shadow Thief is a figure to Rival Inspector Tao and Gilded Ice)
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm » ((Mikan: *has OPINIONS about the uses of frying pans as cookware and not weaponry* ))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm » (We talked about how we all have weird tarot cards, and Misa had one of them stolen by some weirdo Shadow Thief
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm » (( Whats gone on? ))
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm » DuskOOC: *picks up frying pan, offers one to Shun, too.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm » (Shun, they probably went after Dawn^^)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm » ShunOOC:*would have punched this thief if they tried to steal from his wife...and let her beat them with a frying pan if they tried seducing her*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm » (Back! I'm so sorry, my grandfstrt id in ton. ^^.)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm » (Spoiler Alert: It's Luna. (No it isn't)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:53 pm » There's a number of stories, all of varying believability, about this figure. Some of the more unlikely stories, including the one about stealing an entire castle using an army of tiny Moonsilver Ants, also portray the Shadow Thief as a rival figure of sorts to the notorious Inspector Tao and Gilded Ice.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 pm » Wei: I know you would dear.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 pm » Fuzzy: I'd have a prettier costume.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 pm » *results
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 pm » Misa: ...Doesn't seem to fit their MO, though.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 pm » The Shadow Thief almost always announces his/her heists ahead of time to whoever is charged with protecting the object of theft, and will usually attempt ot abduct a young man or woman along with the object being stolen and attempt to seduce them, with mixed result.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:50 pm » All of them treasures or very valuable things. Inevitably the thefts are always ostantascious and draw much attention ot the act, which is gerenally counterproductive to the actual act of STEALING things.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:50 pm » DuskOOC: *glowers*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:50 pm » (It's Fuzzy, isn't it? :P)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:50 pm » Supposedly, this unidentified rapscallion has made several infamous attempts at ambitious thefts of hard to obtain objects: A War Machine from Lookshy, a legendary Sun King circlet from the Witch of the Wilds, an entire Manse from the city-state of Sijan, to the north, and various other goods
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 pm » Alright. Misa knows of the infamous Shadow Thief, who has been a rather notorious name in the criminal underworld within the Scavenger Lands in the past several months
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm » ^_^
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm » (Have you seen them in the same room?)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm » (shush)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm » (Misa is the Shadow thief? ^^)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm » (Hee!)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm » ...*snerk* Five successes. Apparently she's just fishing for stuff she already knows.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 pm » Well, a Wits + Investigation check might allow someone to have known about the Shadow Theif
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Not much I can do about it, unless somebody's heard of the Shadow Thief?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:42 pm » Rain: I used one after the fight earlier, when me and our new friend were hurt. And my father came and healed us. I'd been trying to call him, but I was too hurt to concentrate. Playing that card, somehow, drew his attention to us when we needed it. *shrugs* I don't know if they took itin mind to help us, or if they're using us as chess pieces. What I don't like is someone stealing one from Misa... .
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:42 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:42 pm » Fujio hands the card back to Mikan. "Creepy"
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 pm » Slays: *to mikan* Agreed.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm » Mikan: *pockets the High Priestess anyway*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm » Misa: Could have to do with your heritage, too.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm » Mikan: I don't lke it...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:39 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:39 pm » Slays: strange. *shrugs* Ifg they were powerful beings. Might be why the rest of us don't remember.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:37 pm » Rain: I was asleep, and five goddesses came into my dream. They each asked me a question about myself, and gave me a card. Then, I fell out of bed and woke up. And, I don't know who they were, but I'd say they were powerful.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 pm » Fujio: *Looking at The High Priestess* What's with that lining the edge of the card? It feels like some weird metal... I don't think I've seen a card like this before. Very fancy.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm » Slays: Possibly. What do you remember?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm » Mikan: *pulls out a card, The High Priestess, and shows it to Fujio* You ever seen one like this?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:34 pm » Rain:...Am I the only one who remembers? *softly*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:33 pm » Misa: I'm guessing collective delusion, but there's always another shot.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:33 pm » Misa: *shrugs* For some reason, these seem important.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:33 pm » Mikan: I don't remember getting them, but I felt like I should carry 'em around once I found them...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 pm » Fujio: Wait, so some of you have tarot cards? That's not that uncommon... can't anyone buy some?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 pm » Slays: I do not.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 pm » Rain: Do you remember, Slays? And Zixin, Odd, did you get some, too?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:31 pm » Rain: And I remember getting mine, but Misa and Mikan don't.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm » Slays: *nods* Same.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm » Misa: And I know most of the ways of doing that.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Because I've got a few, Rain's got a few, and Mikan's got a few. And someone named The Shadow Thief thought one was important enough to steal off my body without me noticing...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm » Rain: I have some, too.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm » Zixin: *trying to figure out if the correct answer is 'no'*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm » Rain: It's important, Slays.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm » Slays: ...why?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm » Misa: Or just had on you one day?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 pm » Fujio: Cards? I don't have any...
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 pm » Zixin: Found?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 pm » Misa: *chuckles* Why not? But anyways, we found out something weird... did any of you have Tarot cards that you just sorta found?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm » Mikan: When you shoot em off of catwalks yeah.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm » Rain: *sobers up* Yeah...*looks at Misa*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm » (I'm back)
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:24 pm » Zixin: ...one up? We're counting demon kills?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:23 pm » Mikan: Nice job Zixin. *wide grin* You got one up on alla us now, huh?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:23 pm » Misa: *nods approvingly* Very nice. I mostly just investigated today... and got something stolen out from under me.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 pm » (Okay)
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 pm » Zixin: *it was scary and Slays DID say he helped by shooting it...*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 pm » ((I hate to do this, but I have to brb! ^^ ))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm » Oddmund points to the long scratch on his brestplate to demonstrate* Yeh, Slays woulda torn it 'part. <3 But I wuz in tubble, an Zixin wuz great~
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm » Slays:*because if zixin didn't kill it he would have*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm » Slays: It would not have had your head. *matter of fact*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Zixin: ...it was scary and attacking Odd.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Oddmund beams wide. "Good thing too cauze th' demin' near had muh head~ I wuz Bunnyin it up tuh th' roof when he nailed it~"
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Zixin: *just glad Mikan has stopped cussing out Dragon-Bloods*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Mikan: *low whistle* Nice one!
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Rain: *grins at Zixin* I'm impressed!
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm » Misa: *raises an eyebrow* Impressive
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:19 pm » He points at Zixin. "ZIXIN killed a DEMIN. Shot it right off th' catwalk near did! It wuz amazin!"
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:19 pm » Mikan: *cheered by thoughts of food and Sprout-smacking*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:19 pm » Rain: *to Mikan* Oh, there's lots good! Mussels, fish...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:19 pm » Oddmund quirks one ear up and the other ear down. "Master... sprout? Oh oh! Everyone!"
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm » Rain: Oh, you should have seem Mikan earlier. She defeated Master Sprout!
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm » Mikan: *gradually grumbles off into silence* ...No good seafood here. Rain, what's in the river we could chuck in a pot fresh?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm » *then*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm » Oddmund tops his helmet to Misa. "Course. Id be delighted. Hey, Private! You kin come along and have a fruit juice with a half licka' sake in it or somethin~
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm » Rain: *smiles* I say the two of you buy the beer for us next time Mikan makes gumbo, them everybody's happy.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 pm » Misa: *smiles* Well, then I owe you one. We'll have to grab them together sometime.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm » Oddmund: *looks down, and swipes accross his nose* It's allrigh'. I aint used tuh rank, and I was on edge, from bein reminded I aint a proper man. Its irri'sponsible of a leader to act out against thems hes meant to be protecting. *looks up at Misa* I was' actin a fool, an' next time jes tell Slays ta whacks me one. I was a poor example, an' should netter hold my own emotions in check. Thank yuh er ein proper talkin about it, persin' tuh persin. *smiles* I owe yeh a drink~
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm » Zixin: *l...learning new words? meep people talking about Dragon-Bloods like that. or talking like that at all*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:13 pm » Misa: I realized shortly after I stormed off that I was reacting to something you hadn't meant at all...
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:13 pm » Mikan: *has probably used at least one word Zixin doesn't know*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:13 pm » Slays: Raised water would likely be the local river god. it's their duty to look into that sort of thing. ... It does not change the needless pettiness of their actions.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm » Misa: *turns to Odd* Anyways, I just wanted to say sorry for how I reacted yesterday. I shouldn't have gotten pissed at you for reminding me of your rank.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm » Zixin: *speaks Flametongue* *O.o*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm » Misa: Hi Private.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm » Rain: Well, the water didn't hurt anything, and it settled back down. Not that I told him why it happened.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm » Mikan: *calling the DB a variety of unpleasant names in Flametongue*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm » Oddmund nods a little. "Private, Misa. Misa, Private. Privates smart, and learns fast, but runs ahead of her own sandals. Private, Misas clever, and fast, and sparks ood.'
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm » Zixin: *meep* ...the high waters COULD have been caused by something dangerous?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm » Misa sidles over. "Not particularly. Just didn't want to shout across the whole group...
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm » Slays: ... Petty of them.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm » Rain: Good reason or not, he was an arrogant bully, and made a fire wall just to intimidate me. Plus, he doesn't have any authority here! Hell, I asked him to stop, and he said he needed to 'practice.'
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:09 pm » Oddmund looks over at Misa, and waves somewhat casually- reaching accross Fuji to pat Slays gently. "Sure, is it somethin y'all need t' say private?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm » Rain: And when we said we were working, he made a wall of fire down the street, we had to detour. Jerk. Tey were investigating the ah, high waters today.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm » Slays: *reflexive* I'm sure they had a good reason.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:07 pm » Zixin: Eep. *squeaks*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm » Rain: Oh, there's this stuck up dragon blood we ran into, had a crew of monks with him. They wanted to 'question' us. *snorts*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm » Misa: ...Odd? Can I talk to you for a sec?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm » Oddmund: *sigh* Well we tracked down whurr the mask might huh come from... th' temple mighta been the place, but the theater seemed equaly possoble. Oh, an we fought a demon.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm » Oddmund: Ah'll see if I have the storyboards somehow. That mal fellah... he prickled mah ears all wrong.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm » This may be a good time to recap, plan, or just chat
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 pm » Alright. Well... the group begins to walk back to the guardhouse. I unfortuntaely have to step out for a few moments, so feel free to talk amongst yourselfs until I return
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm » Fujio: *Is awfully silent, and looking a bit morose*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm » Mikan: Nope.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Not a ton of time for it.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm » Slays: *nods and takes the other side of Fuji* never. Not seen many plays.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm » Zixin: *considering who in the group needs new equipment as they walk*
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm » Oddmund signals for slays to walk on the other side of Fuji as he walks on the other side. "....y'all never seen Hamlet? Seriously?"
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm » Rain: It's not today anymore, it's tonight. But yeah, let's go!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm » Slays: *takes up the rear of the group*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm » Oddmund: Yeh, gaurd house. Less go.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm » Mikan: My vote's barracks if anyone cares, but let's go *somewhere* fast.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm » Misa: Guardhouse for now? If she's supposed to be away from the palace today...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm » That's a good question
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm » (So, which way are we going?)
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm » Mikan: Yes! Let's all listen to Misa!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm » Slays: that would probably be adviseable. *keeping an eye on the surroundings*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 pm » The Palace is at the north end of the city, taking up a large part of the Living Districts and the Craftsman's District
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 pm » And the Palace?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm » Oddmund looks at slays. "...Promise we'll make it out th'rr next- is that okay?" he asks.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm » To clarify: The Guard House that you guys are stationed at is at the south side of the city, near the southern gate, in the Business District
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm » Misa: *nods* Now, can we get out of the street?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:58 pm » Oddmund: ....Not a con'vr sation tuh have out here. jes call 'er Private, fer now. Private, I *trust* all these people. She's training wi me. Shes verreh *close* tuh me. Known er since I wus leel.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:58 pm » Fujio: Um, I'm a guard at the, um, palace!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:58 pm » (You guys have not met Fujio no, but the name was mentioned by the Duke if anyone was there with Odd when he visited the castle)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm » (back)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm » (I thought we met her before? Maybe not?)
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm » Mikan: Odd, who *is* this kid? Wait, no, I don't wanna know.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm » (brb just a moment)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm » How close is the guard house, and the palace? Are they in the same direction?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 pm » Rain: *Upon hearing Fujio* Okay, I think we all need to be at the palace. Whoever's taking that message could join us there? ...If Odd approves.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 pm » Oddmund: ....*looks back at Fujio* ....thats right... you might be safer at the gaurd house.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:54 pm » Misa: *looks at Oddmund* Sure. What's the message?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:54 pm » Rain: Should we stick together?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm » Mikan: I can.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm » Fujio: Odd... remember what I told you before? The Chancellor told me to sneak out today.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm » Rain: *to Slays* How close did you get to him?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm » Oddmund: ...goddamned mother{–––] son of a [!!!!] with a crooked Ministers {****] Okay, Ah'm sorreh, bur ah have to take.... *grabs Rujios elbow* our new part time trainee home, and then I promised to do somethin with slays. Cin one of you take a message to the Contessa?
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:52 pm » Zixin: ...wait so was the demon who attacked Odd and Slays under Mal's orders then? *still not catching on very fast*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:52 pm » Rain:*quietly* And we got a tip that the whatsist is under the palace.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:52 pm » Mikan stops. "Odd?"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm » Oddmund doesnt move to follow Misa, hes furrowing his brow and thinking intently.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm » Slays: I didn't notice anything like a trinket of that manner. *looks around after Misa does*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm » Oddmund bares his teeth, curses, and kicks the cround under him, leaning on his cane* Their theater troup is perf'rmin for the Duke tommororra. I was already plannin on bein there, but NOW its official.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm » Fujio: *Looking around nervously*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm » Mikan: *follows quietly*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Misa: *looks around* ...Lets get out of this district then. Now. *starts trying to herd people towards the exit*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Mikan: He's gonna what with the Duke?
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Zixin: *not following*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Rain: He has a...trinket...which gives him powers. Apparently demons would really like it, it' draw them, and people with my blood would be repulsed by it.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Fujio: We spoke with a Mal! He was in the theater we were investigating!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Oddmund: ....th' son of a BITCH. he's gonna ty and Hamlet my Duke.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm » Misa: ...Let me guess, you met someone by that name?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm » Mikan: He's got mind control powers, and guess what he's after?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm » Oddmunds fur/hair suddenly, at once bristles/poofs
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm » Oddmund: ....*EARS GO UP*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm » Rain: *nods* Demons listen to him, and apparently he has a group of actors who are his assasins.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm » Slays: *blinks* ...Odd. Do you think it's the same Mal?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm » Misa: But it looks like we came to late to try and find him...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm » Misa: It was an... interesting day. Apparently there's this... Mal guy who's consorting with demons and is behind the problems with the girl last night...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm » Doors are shutting for the night. The theater district is closing
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm » Oddmund: *looks his usual self, but seems somewhat decidedely dense around the ears*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 pm » Rain: Things have been interesting.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 pm » Slays: *quirks eyebrow* stories?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 pm » Rain: *Startled, then grins* Oh, do we have stories for you.
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm » Zixin: *sticking close to Odd*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm » Allies are reunited.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm » Slays: *nods a greeting towards Misa and the others*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » But it was probably nothing
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » Rain: *blinks*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » Rain, meanwhile, thinks she sees a tiny feline-beastperson, dragging an oversized sword through an alleyway.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » Rain: *Doing her Mister Magoo impersonation*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm » Misa: *waves* Hey! Fancy seeing you guys here...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm » Alright. In this case, Misa and Mikan both see Oddmund, Slays, Zixin, and a fourth person in a guard outfit, who are leaving the theater district.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm » Rain: *not subtle. or sneaky.*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm » *good thing
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm » 5,4,5,10 (2 successes) good indeed
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm » And Mikan?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 pm » Misa: *All seeing and stuff*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:40 pm » (good thing we have a Misa^^)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:39 pm » 3,1,1,6 (botch x 2)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:39 pm » Six successes
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm » As you're entering the theater district, please make a perception + awareness check
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm » Rain: *tisks* He defaced property. And was being a public nuisance. Heh, it's nice to think about arresting him. Not that we could without causing an incident, but still.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm » The trip to the Theater District goes fairly uneventfully. Which is an odd change of pace given the previous antagonism of the night
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:37 pm » Misa: We're not out of the woods yet... *keeps going, keeping an eye out*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:36 pm » Mikan: *smiles at Rain* Well, you made me look like a coward. Good job.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:36 pm » As you return to the spot where that Hothead was before, you don't find him there, or his monks. There's just a scorchmark in a line where his wall of fire was, and a lot of footprints.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:35 pm » Alright... the sun continues its descent as Sol lets Luna take to the sky, and our heroes walk/run/jog/whatever pace they desire towards the Theater District.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:34 pm » *nod*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm » Yep.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm » So general concensus is to head back through the Market District and see if he's still there?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm » Rain: *nods*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:30 pm » Misa: Hmm... lets see if he's still there, I guess.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:30 pm » Rain: Alleys mean thieves, fightes, and delays. We got lucky this time, and still lost something important.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 pm » Rain: *adjusts her many necklaces, fingering a cloisonne water lily that's in among all the clay and wooded beads and shells, then straightens her shoulders* Might as well take the straight path. I don't want that hothead thinking we're scared of him. *hesitates* What do you say, Misa?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 pm » Mikan: Misa, you know a way to get us to the theater district without dealing with Fire Hazard?
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm » Alright. So are you guys going to take the straightforward path through the central market district, take a roundabout way through one of the other districts, look for a shortcut, or something else entirely?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm » Misa: *nods*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm » Rain: All right. Nothing we can do about it now.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Not a clue.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:25 pm » Rain: Misa? What effect was that card supposed to have, when used?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:25 pm » Mikan: Me neither. I'm with Rain on this.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:24 pm » Rain: And, Superthief knew enough to take one from you. I don't like this...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:24 pm » Misa: *Shrugs* Vaugely? It could have been godesses, could have not. But... maybe we should ask everybody else about them?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:24 pm » Mikan: *shakes head* No. But I've been carrying thecards around cause they felt important...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:23 pm » Rain: Goddesses. Five of them. And, not ones I'm familiar with, but they had to be powerful, to enter dreams like that. You don't remember dreaming?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:22 pm » Mikan: *Goddesses*?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm » Rain: I used one of them, during the fight-when me and our little friend were hurt.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm » Rain: I was asleep. And, these goddesses asked me questions, and each one left me with a card. Then, I fell out of bed and woke up.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm » (I was going to post something, but I'll hold off while this conversation happens because it may be important)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm » Misa: *raises an eyebrow* Yeah, like five or six. Just had them. ...Good to know.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm » Rain: ...I do.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm » Mikan: ...*checks her cards* Me three. Any of you remember where we picked them up? Cause I don't.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm » Rain:...Tarot card? ....you got them too?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm » Misa: This tarot card thing. Picture of the World on it. Just said he needed to borrow it.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm » Rain: *double checks her own pockets* They must be good if they got past you.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 pm » Misa: Anyways, considering I didn't see them the first time, we should probably head out... just keep your eyes peeled.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 pm » Mikan: What'd they take? And what's it say?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 pm » Misa: Apparently.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm » (Well, Rain's okay with skipping the shortcuts this time, whatever Misa and Mikan want)\
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm » Mikan: Well that's professional of them at least.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm » Rain: Wow, thieves leave thank you notes, now?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm » Misa led you guys on a shortcut before, which took a lot of alleyways, and saved you guys some time, but was also a bit risky
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm » Answering your earlier question, Chic: Getting through without passing where you saw the annoying dragon blood before is possible, but requires you to take a fairly roundabout way, since he was near the central Market Square of the city.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm » Misa: They left a note, though.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm » Misa: Well, apparently they're really really good. Cause they just stole something off me while I was walking out of the dojo.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm » (jinx!)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm » Rain: Nope.
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm » Mikan: Nope.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm » Misa: *chuckles* Not quite. Though there hasn't been a lack of that, either. You guys heard of a Shadow Thief?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm » (Sounds good)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 pm » (Works for me! I have a roast in the oven. )
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm » (Alright. We're starting with Rain, Mikan, and Misa, since by my clock they're actually a little bit behind Zixin Slays and Odd)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm » Rain: What. something's unusual about this case? *feigns surprise*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm » Mikan: Hm?
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm » Zixin: *following Odd, though, because it is scary out*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm » Misa: *pats herself down, pulls out a note, reads it* ...Well, that's unusual.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm » Rain: Misa, if we need to pass the jerk to get to where we're going, that's okay. He doesn't have any authority over us.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm » Oddmund was taking the Princess home, and then he's going with Slays to see the Bundok. Zixin can go home to sleep or come with. u.u
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm » Zixin: *plotting what he is going to do with demon metals*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm » FujioOOC: SSh! Sssh! I was hoping he'd forget!
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm » I don't think so... Other than something odd that happened to Misa, but she'd probably just mention it to the other two ^_^
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm » Oh, and wasn't Oddmund taking the princess home?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm » Slays is planning on meeting the Bundok in the city. but that's all I have
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:05 pm » Can we get there without passing the annoying dragonblooded, or do we need to go that way to get there?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:05 pm » Did I forget anything? Does anyone have anything else to add?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 pm » Seriously now! In the last session Zixin, Slays, and Oddmund met with the infamous Mal, who talked with them after revealing that his acting troupe was going to be acting at the palace tomorrow. He also implied in front of everyone that Oddmund may be a demon, resulting in a lot of the actors, who had taken a shine to Oddmund, giving him a wide bearth. Meanwhile, Mikan, Rain, and Misa interrogated Sprout, who gave them information about who and what Mal IS. And after getting the scoop, left, intent on heading straight to the theater district.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:03 pm » Oddmund OOC: *slapped Sprout*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:03 pm » Sounds good. ^_^
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:02 pm » The DM: *Continuing even though no one's listening to him now* But unfortunately the giant robot thing dind't really pan out, so Misa and Mikan had to scratch the session, resulting in a totally different situation with people guarding a city and some weird cult and stuff. It's not as interesting
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm » Heh.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm » I'm sure it'll come out eventually ^_^
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm » *shipping*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm » Oh? Who ya shaipping for Sprout, Wally?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Pfffff.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Sarge: *Spinning around in a business chair* Bwi bwi bwi! (You made it all too easy!)
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » ...That was perfect Demo.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Besides, I already have a ship for Sprout. *nod nod*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » And then, Sarge was revealed to be the mastermind behind it all!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm » Slays's dadOOC: Get in the robot slays
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Besides which, Slays+Odd=OTP. =p
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Zixin: *so confused*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Rain:Can I officiate?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Sprout: That would never happen. Mmmhmmhmm... much too young for me
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm » Meanwhile, Sprout proposed to Oddmund
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 pm » ...Can we play that campaign too?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 pm » Previously, on Exalted... Everyone was astonished that Zixin had been spending all his extra time building a giant Starmetal robot beneath the city of Storm's Break! But it quickly seemed necessary, as a giant alien monster descended upon the city! With no other choices left, Slays was picked to pilot the giant robot and fight to save the city from total destruction!
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 pm » ...Did I ask that already?
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 pm » Oh! Jane! Is it okay for me to move your log to the main thread?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:56 pm » Anywho, with that set in motion...
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm » Mikan: *doublechecks makeup*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm » Hiya, Jane!
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm » Oooo, we have an audience.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm » Also, hello Jane!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm » And yes, Chic and Snail can both post again and earn another SSXP if they want.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm » Sounds good.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm » Thanks ^_^
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm » Woo~
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm » *thumbs up~*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm » (Now she gets to rampage. ^^)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm » Everyone, for continued participation in the game, gains 4 more SSXP. In addition to that.... Oddmund: For tricking a demon like you did, you gain an extra one. Zixin, for KILLING a demon, you also gain a 5th ssxp. Mikan: For knocking Sprout's block off, you gain an ssxp. And Misa? For navigating everyone safely through to the place, you also gain an extra SSXP
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 pm » (hee, thanks)
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 pm » (Speaking of, the hyena laughter was a nice touch Chic.)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 pm » I think you guys could get ectra and have it be fair.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 pm » Does that mean Chic and I could get an additional one, or is it just extending the time?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 pm » The reason I've been holding off on it is that our last few sessions have been pretty short ones.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm » Speaking of which! This is as good a time as any to give you guys SSXP in general
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm » Yeah... it happens ^_^
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm » Hmn, I need to check hoe much ssxp I have from last games.... Z has still been forgetting to give out at the end of all games.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm » Oh, yeah... *forgot*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm » 1 ssxp per player, giving everyone a fair opportunity
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm » So any posts made this coming week, until the next time we play, will also count
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm » And due to... circumstances beyond my control, since I am not able ot post yet, I'm going to extend the arrangement for another week
Kate « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm » Man, I totally forgot to post. Ah, well
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm » RainOOC:*High fives Mikan!*
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm » Mikan: *helping!*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm » As per the arrangement, both Rain and Mikan will gain one ssxp
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm » Hiya.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm » RainOOC: *looking for a water hose to turn on the dragon blooded*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm » Hey Troll!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm » Also, inspite of my lack of abilty to post this weekend, I saw your posts, Snail and Chic! I loved them both
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm » Howdy folks
chicgeek « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:43 pm » *grins*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:43 pm » Alright ^_^
Snail « Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:43 pm » *bounces about*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:22 pm » Rain: Okay, okay, Mikan. You're in charge of the food, we'll get a pointy stick.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:22 pm » Misa: Alright, no sugar, let him out before midnight, and don't get him wet?
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:22 pm » I'll get it.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:22 pm » Did someone get the archive log for tonight?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 pm » DM: ==> Begin 1200 page Zixin intermission
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 pm » Mikan: I'm serious guys don't give him sugar. He hates it and it makes him sick.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 pm » Night luc
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 pm » Rain: *winks back*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 pm » G'night Luc!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » g'night luc
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Goodnight, Luc.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Misa: *winks*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Annnd with that, I'd better go~ Gnight, folks~
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Misa: *smirks* Well, I do enjoy putting my magic fingers to use...
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Mikan: I was thinking omelette. Odd's not overfond of sweets.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm » Rain: Wait. Chocolate. That puts anybody in a better mood. Plus, it melts, and you have to lick it off your fingers...
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 pm » Mikan: Yeah, but I don't want my hand getting stabbed. Or gnawed.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 pm » Rain: You could slide pancakes under the door?
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm » Mikan: ...Speaking of, anybody have a really long stick they don't mind getting the tip snapped off of?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm » Oddmund: *causing a suprising amount of noise for someone who only weighs as much as a pile of wet towels*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm » Rain: *grins* We couldn't have done it with your magic fingers, Misa.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm » Contessa: Technically it's my job to put a stop to this... I think I'll do that in a few hours.
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm » Mikan: Make sure some of the door is clear so I can wedge food in there.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Misa: We should probably be away by the time they get out of here...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Contessa: Ah the sweet whimsy of barracks shipping charts. Reminds me of my days back in Lookshy's Infantry
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Misa: Rain, you are wonderful. *puts up some more stuff for the barricade*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Oddmund: AHM GONNA REINACT TH' WYLD INVASION WI MY FOOT AN YER ARSE YA'LL I AINT FOOLIN
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Slays:*is so confused. Is not fast at social events*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm » Rain: *high fives Misa, between sprinting for more stuff for barricade*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 pm » Misa: *pulls out key, twirls it in fingers*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 pm » Mikan: *moving heavy things!*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 pm » heee
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » Zixin: *hiding in his bunk. this is the correct approach*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » Mikan: Yes ma'am!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » ODDMUND: HAND TUH SOLS OWN DAMN WAGON WHEN I GIT OUTTA HURR THURR WILL BE A FIRST AGE RECKONIN
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » Rain: Mikan! Grab a cot, don't just stand there! *is shoving a chair under the knob*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » Mikan: That was wonderful. I am in awe.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm » Oddmund: .....DAMNIT.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm » Yep. ^^
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm » ..did people just trick oddmund and Slays inot the closet?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm » Slays:*waitwhat?*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm » Rain: *Slams door shut, locks it, and starts pushing stuff in front of it*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund: RIGHT. CLOSET IT IS. *drags slays into the closet*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Zixin: *because ANGRY ODD*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Misa: ...Shush, Rain.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Zixin: *going to go hide in his sleeping bag until shenanigans stop happening*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund: *tends to look like an angry, fluffy cat*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Rain: Misa, didn't I see you chuck the key in the closet?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund: *hair has spiked out*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Slays:*apologetically helping odd up*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Misa: I can find it... but it'll probably take a while...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » I'm not confirming or denying. Simply saying there's a possibility
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm » Oddmund: ONE MORE COMEDIC SHENNANIGAN AND MISTER NICE ODD CIN START SINGING SOME DAMN PRISIN' SHANTIES UP IN. *clambering up off the ground lighting fast*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » Wait is it not?
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » ...I...assumed?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » Oddmund: YIPE! *sent down too* ALRIGHT THE WHOLE FLAMING LOT OF YOU I SWEAR UP AND DOWN AH WILL HAVE YER DAMN GUT FOR MY PERSINAL STATIONARY AND WRITE A LETTER TUH MAMA
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » ...Mikan's crush is one-sided?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » Slays:*but lets go*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm » Misa: Isn't that like, a major rule of romantic comedies? Everyone knows that as soon as I try to unlock you, I'll lose the key, so i just figured I'd cut to the chase and lose it beforehand!
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 pm » Zixin: *is not convinced Misa is helping*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 pm » Slays:*grumbling about smartallecky former theives and their slight of hand tricks*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 pm » Misa: *smiles*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm » Rain: *casually sticks out a foot and trips Slays*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm » Odd: Put Misa down, slays. BAD. DOWN. RELEASE. NO BISCUIT.
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm » Those two are head over heels, mutually.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm » Slays: *casually pins Misa to the wall and holds out his hand for the key... tugging odd around by the cuffs*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm » At least Mikan's crush is just a crush, and one-sided at that, so it makes sense for her to keep quiet.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm » Misa: *pats Slays on the shoulder* Haffun! *has handcuffed them together*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm » Zixin: *now doesn't have to repair the closet*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm » Zixin: *oh. that works too*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm » Slays:*patrol time!*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm » Oddmund: CMON SLAYS
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm » Slays:*raises hand. wait does that help or not*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm » Misa: *pats odd on the shoulder*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 pm » Oddmund: AHM GOIN ON PATROLL WHO WANTS TO COME
Jane Narbon « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 pm » *they're*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 pm » Rain: Hmm...we can just pile stuff in front of the closet as a barricade once their inside.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm » Misa: Either the disarming, or the handcuffing
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm » ...Zixin puppy dog eyes asking them not to break the closet might actually work.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm » Oddmund: *whistling loudly*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Misa: ...I could probably do that
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Zixin: ...even if we asked them not to break it?
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Mikan: Unless you've got a good way to disarm them.
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Mikan: I don't think it'd hold them though.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Rain: Maybe we could handcuff them together for good measure?
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm » Zixin: ...doesn't the barracks already have a closet with a lock on the outside?
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:02 pm » Mikan: Hey. Hey Zix. Why don't you go design a room we can lock them in until they talk about their feelings.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:01 pm » Zixin: *only knows how to fix problems by making things*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Oddmund: ....*STRUM STRUM*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Hee!
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Mikan: ...Nice pit trap.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Pffffffffff.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » I do know that if Slays exalts, he will likely ask odd out on an exaltation high
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Rain: Oddmund, look at that face! That bluush is adorable-how can you resisit that blush?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Oddmund: *strums loudly on his bass guitaur*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Zixin: *carving fancy arrow shafts*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm » Misa: *shoves Oddmund into Slays, sets off elaborate pit trap*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:58 pm » Slays: *is being all the quiet, miiiiightbe blushing a bit*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm » Mikan: *distressed noises in the background*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm » Rain:*grins* And, remember-there's one good way to make sure he's not a Bundok any more.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm » Oddmund: Havint th' faintedt idea whatcha mean~
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm » Contessa: ...this will sound dangerously close to what my sister would say, but get a room, have a night of unbridled passion, and just formalize it
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm » Zixin: *trying to figure out how to get them to ask each other out* *is thinking of carving fancy flower arangements on arrow shafts and tying nice ribbons around them with the words 'ask each other out already' printed on them*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm » Heeeee.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm » Pfff.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm » pff, yyyyyep
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 pm » I think even the contessa is a little tired of it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm » They've probably been, in game, awkwardly hovering around almost being a couple for like two years now.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm » Oddly enough (fnar), they are not.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm » Yes. Chic, Snail, and Kate all posted, so you all get SSXP in bous
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm » So, are Oddmund and Slays currently an item?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 pm » Oddmund: *was SASSY*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm » Because ambiguous phrasing.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm » *nods* That would make sense, I just wanted to make sure.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm » And a few people posted to get an etra ssxp.^^
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm » As in, four total
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm » I believe it's four for both, but I could be wrong
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm » ...is that 4 ssxp for this session and 4 ssxp for the last one, or 4 ssxp between the two sessions?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm » I had fun for sure ^.^
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm » Everyone gains 4 more SSXP for this session and the last one.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm » Alright ^_^
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm » Speaking of which: I didn't give out SSXP last time, if I recall
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » I had fun~
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » (sorry I vanished a sec!)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » I hope people had fun
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » kk
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » *nod*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm » Kee.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 pm » It's a bit early, but that's not necessarily a bad thing
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 pm » Ok. Things have kind of slowed down and this is a good stopping point, so I'm going to call it here for the night
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 pm » Slays: *nods*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:43 pm » Misa: Plus, we've gotta get back to the barracks, since she's gonna send someone to relaive us and wants to talk... just figured I'd swing by the Immaculate's place to see if I can set them on Mal to slow him down...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 pm » Misa: Apparently the all of the guard is going to be busy at the Duke's thing tomorrow night, so...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:40 pm » Misa: Well... apparently the Captain of the Guard has specially requested us to guard the Embassy tomorrow.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:38 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm » Oddmund: Whut complications?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm » Slays: ?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm » Misa: I talked to Contessa... there's been some complications
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 pm » ((I have a headache, so I'm okay with being on the sidelines today.))
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 pm » (being in the God/Odd Squad will loosen him up. ^_^)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 pm » What do you do?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 pm » Slays, Misa, and Oddmund are now all in the same mostly-empty street
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 pm » (eh, that's mostly jsut the result of how Slays is. He's pretty passive ^.^ He'll improve with time there)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 pm » (What Z said~ slays hasnt gotten much screentime. <3 )
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm » (Plus, Slays hasn't really had much screentime)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm » (besides, there's been nights where they weren't involved at all, it all balances out. ^^)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm » (It happens sometimes.)
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 pm » (I'm amused)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 pm » (It's been fun, I don't mind)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 pm » (agreed. sorry abotu slays taking up all the time ^.^;)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 pm » *luck*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 pm » (...I'm sorry a lot of tonight has been centered around just 3 characters... ><)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 pm » Misa: *looks up* Huh... that's good look. *heads toward them*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:29 pm » Oddmund: ? *whistles at Misa, and waves*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 pm » As the two of you are leaving, you both see Misa, heading towards the same temple Li is walking towards.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm » Li: I can do that, certainly. Best of fortune, cousin.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm » Slays: *bows and makes for the exit*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm » Slays: I have one request. If you encounter my mother in your travels... tell her I'm doing well?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund raises his helmet. "Weyulp. Mightin' the sun shine on th' honored dragons brow, n' honor tuh th' mother'd gaia."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 pm » Oddmund: Hrm... I getcha. Thank yeh.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 pm » Li: ....If he knew the art of Sorcery? But I've never heard of anyone but the chosen of the Dragons and certain Anathema using that power.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund: ...is thurr a way he *wouldnt* need all that....?
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm » Oddmund: Hmm.... *nods* I getcha. So he'd have to have equipment set up somewhere. Thass helpful.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm » "Powerful chosen of the Dragons can use powers to summon demons swiftly, but for most who summon a demon, there's a lot of preparation involved, even for a minor demon."
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm » Slays: *nods*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm » He turns and thinks. "Well... it's not my area of expertise, but Monks trained to hunt demons look for summoning circles or relics of the realm of Malfeas. A trained thaumaturgist specializing in Exorcism might be able to tell you more. "
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm » Oddmund: Weyulp, all them folks what dont like me a lick might need bein told off iffin' ahm killed by that pelleps fellah~ That'd do me~ Otherwise, kin ya tell me iffin theres a way tuh prove tha' someones summoned a demon?~
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm » Scratch, God of GraffettiOOC: *scribbles a silly sketch about the dragons on the teahouse wall, and departs*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm » Li nods. "If I can be of service, let me know..."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm » Oddmund: *stands and bows~* Fergive mah imper'tnance~ Ah'm but a humble servant n' all.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm » Slays: *stands and bows* thank you for your time.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm » Li: *Pushing himself up* Now, I'm tired. It is getting late.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm » Li: I'm not investigating him, good thing.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm » (Maybe it's just not worshiping any gods, or believing that they are powerful beings but not gods?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm » ((I think that batman said: I have met many all powerful beings; not all of them demand to be worshipped.)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm » (depends on how you define gods? maybe athiest about the dragons, since they're never seen?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm » Oddmund: *nods* Ah'm a policeman. Mah tuck aint with no gods; its wi' servin out fer them whats unfortunated. *tips his helmet* Beggin yer pardin. But allowin hatred t' cloud aninvestigation leades tuh a policemans injustice.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm » (Li: It's largely a case of willful disrespect to gods rather than the typical reverence. In his case, smashing certain statues of certain dragons)
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm » ((Wait how does atheism in Exalted work? O_o))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 pm » Li: ...perhaps you're right. He just rubbed me the wrong way, but I shoudn't celebrate his death.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 pm » Oddmund: *tilts head* So? He wuz murdered. That wuz Unjust. Last I herd, thass all a policemans supposed tuh care about. Ah help everyone; even though 70% of them would rather see me executed fer mah own scenario of birth Th luxury of bein' abe to argue wi a man over religion and their hobbies sounds nahce.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm » Li: *Glaring at Oddmund* We didn't quite see eye to eye. He used his profits to fund his own personal interests and was the source of many unsavory rumors. He was also an athiest.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm » Slays: No.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 pm » Oddmund: ....D' bundoks often feel glad a man wuz murdered in his own house cause he wuz creepy~?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 pm » (Ppfpffggghhfff)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:10 pm » Li: Do you have any other questions for me?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 pm » (Aww... poor Equius expy I mean what)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 pm » Oddmund: ...so whut, he dissect'd folks? Mst'r, ah have a tail, yah gotta bring more wierd tuh th table.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm » Li: He was too interested in people and how they moved. And their anatomy. He was a man of excess.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm » Li: And the SWEATING... Dragons, he was a creepy, creepy man.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm » Oddmund: ...*thinks* Necrimancy? ....Pedophillia? .....Necrophillia?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 pm » Li: He was... far too interested in activities that aren't quite healthy. Oh, he worked to save lives, but his behavior behind closed doors was... there are standards that ought not be crossed.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 pm » Oddmund: ? *tilt head*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 pm » Slays: ? How did he comport himself? *might be relevant?*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 pm » He frowns. "I can't say I'm sorry to see him pass. The way he comported himself is improper for one of the noble Houses."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm » Oddmund: Heck iffin I know! But every damn fool in this city seems to want a hand onit, an' its whut got that poor damn docter killed.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm » Slays: He appears to have been murdered over it.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 pm » Li: *To Oddmund* I've... never heard of a Silver Lining? I think? ....wait, are you talking about that thing that V'neef Bast<Censored for content!> was babbling about? HIs fist suddenly clenches
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 pm » Li: *To Slays* The only oni mask I know of is the one that we used for Scripture Plays. It was broken recently, when it got dropped into the firepit.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm » Oddmund: Watcha know bout th' Silver Linin, cause everyones got a wolves jaws fer dinner on it in this damn town.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 pm » PeriOOC: ...its a family thing.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 pm » LiOOC: I only do it when discussing business! Put me behind a Gateway Table and I'm a totally different man!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 pm » RassilonOOC: I don't do the stoneface thing~! Usually~
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm » Li: It doesn't, no. Within my role I can't go against the command of one Chosen by the Dragons. Not unless They Themselves are preaching heresy.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm » slays: ...*thinks* Have you observed anything suspicious involving an oni mask owned by the temple?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm » Oddmund: ....*leans on his hands* Does everryone in th' family do th' stoneface thing?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm » Slays: *shrugs* I suspect it does not make yours any easier cousin.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm » Li: But I've been leading the conversation. Did you have any other questions for me?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm » Li: Indeed. I imagine this will make your job much harder.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm » Oddmund: *wipes his face* Gnnffhh...
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 pm » Slays: ... *first time odd gets to see exasperated slays face* The Contessa is not going to be happy about this.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 pm » Oddmund: ...Y'all do know about th' lore behind th' royal family in this town, dont ya?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 pm » DMOOC: At this point I can't help but wonder if someone's going to grab someone else and shake them while panicking.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 pm » *glory
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 pm » Li: *Saying this completely flat and emotionlessly* He's the nephew of the Commander of the Wyld Hunt and determined to prove that his station isn't just due to his relations. I think he's quite bent on seeking glorly
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 pm » Oddmund: *AAAAAAAAA AND THE AND TELLING FUU TO GO OUT OF THE PALACE WHAT IF WE'RE ROSSING WIRES ON THREATS* I mean... Haha... he cant be crazy enough tuh... do somethin politicaly SUPER explosive, right....?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 pm » RainOOC: *wonders if she can persuade the Storm god to permanently have a small black clould rain on him*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm » Slays: *is currently in city guard mode of "gooddammit someone's going to disturb the peace."*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm » MikanOOC: *looms behind Rain protectively*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm » Oddmund: ....Soooooooo JES how...... big a crazy incident dya think hed be comf'rtable causin...?
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm » "All he knows is that she's the daughter of a powerful god... or someone with a similar level of spiritual power."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm » Oddmund: ... Emergence? .... *That matches Fuu, too.............*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm » Slays: ...So he is set on causing an incident then?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm » "Whether or not that's the truth or simply his reason for being here, I don't know. It's what he's told the monks."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm » "Yes. There's a woman in the city he's looking for for Hunt matters. Sent here by Deled Peleps himself, Commander of the Hunt, by guidance of Astrology. Apparently she's in danger of emergence as an Anathema."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm » Oddmund: ... uh.... *looks at Slays* ....rain?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:48 pm » Slays: Godblooded girl? *looking at odd*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm » "But with Master Peleps commanding the Order to search for that Godblooded girl, it complicates things.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm » Oddmund: ooh! Ooh! Ahm good at those! *to slays* Tolja I coulda planted something.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 pm » "Tch. I'll have to invent a reason to investigate this."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 pm » Li sighs. "From what I know of the laws of the city, if he has a Thaumaturgist's license, then there's nothing wrong with summoning demons unless it's done recklessly. However, everything else you've said..." He snorts and closes his eyes.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm » Slays: He has also manipulated a group of people into doing tasks for him, they may include some of the issues you mentioned before
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm » Oddmund: War d'min. Pritty sure its cunnected tuh him. Hes been summonin other demins, an we're pretty sure hes fixin tuh kill th duke r' try and get the whatchacallit.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm » Slays: *nods* At least one.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:41 pm » Li: While the Order doesn't take a high view of those who are Water Fed From Two Rivers, I can assure you that as long as the Amnesty is in place, no one within the Immaculate Order with any sense will try to harm yo- did you say demons?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm » Oddmund: ...Oh, yeh. *smiles!* Theres a theater fellah summonin' demins. We fought one!
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm » Oddmund: *SOCIAL MANUVER: BLUNT* Oh, yeh... but I mean, I dun want folks tuh decide ALL th wiggydy wierd is from ONE group, and SOME of it might be us, and so then quipso whatchacalli it must be *us*. Thass half s frame job.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm » (I thought so. just try not to use outside knowledge as best I can but sometimes forget what's been specifically passed ont o slays ^.^; )
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm » (YOu guys have been told about Mal, yes. Oddmund's hair got all bristly when he learned)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm » (yup)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm » Slays: *nods* The incidents may have something to do with Mal's group though, could it not? (...we did get told about him right?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:37 pm » Oddmund: ...Y;all, can I be straight? Ah'm as inhuman as its obvius t' be visually, and yuh *know* bout *hand waves not even gesturing at slays because he knows Slays Is Private*. Whurr with the Contessa, and like, half of us is wiggly god blodded. It;s vurreh likely tem incidents wus jes *us*. I mean. I cent rot abbige...
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm » Li: I don't think he cares. It could cause an international incident.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » (But they would know her father's the river god)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » Slays: ...He is aware of the Duke's decree is he not?
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » (...Zixin might have said something to them, because he left because it was scary, buuuuut it probably wasn't very comprehensible)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » He nods. "It could be nothing more than natural weather. Unfortunately, the most Revered Chosen of the Dragon who arrived in the city with some of the isle's diplomats seems to think otherwise. He's determined to take matters inot his own hands.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » (I don't think it came up in conversation.)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm » (yeah, they were elsewhere. I think at the temple for info)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm » ((Yeah, I thought so.))
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm » ((Not Odd and Slays, I think.))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm » ((Oooh.))
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm » (You all were there, I think. When her father healed Rain and the girl. )
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm » Oddmund: ... *river?* I' migh' be wise t' consider that many things kin happen whuts not related tuh yer case. We're lookin' fer a murder, but that dun mean tha' any other murder is ness' sarily connected.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm » (did Rain tell us about that?)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm » RainOOC: ...oops.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm » Li: In truth, I suspect he is working with several local gods. There have been some unusual activities recently that have terrorized the local populace. Initially it was smaller things, pranks, theft, the unexplainable rotting of cabbages... but earlier today something concerning happened. The river swelled up and sent several workers in the docks district into a panic. I am working to see if it's connected.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm » Oddmund: *thinking....* *bufering....* *CPU at 130%*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm » (back)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm » (brb)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm » Slays:*wondering if there might be connections to their mystery*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm » Slays: *nods* is there anyone the priest has been seeing often that may be involved?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 pm » Li nods. "I would appreciate it. Discretely."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm » Oddmund: Dayum. *grumbles into his tea* Coulda saved ME a solid four yurrs....
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm » Slays: *nods* A difficult position to be in... If we encounter any information that may help...*leaves it open ended*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:23 pm » Li: Offically my position doesn't exist.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm » Oddmund: ...*blink!* Thurrs someone you cin report to fer that? ....whuts th' statue of limi... lim.. lim... how long cin ya report after th thing happened?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm » Li: There is a priest in the city suspected of using his position to sell indulgences to the locals, and profit from our holy work of keeping the proper Order. I am here to find the truth of things and if necessary stop him from using others for his own benefit.
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm » ((MikanOOC: I'll cater! And handle the budget. Slays'll go too small, Odd'll go too big.))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm » Li: *Nods yes to Slay's question* It is my purpose to identify and bring to justice corruption within the Order itself.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » Oddmund: *swish tail swish tail siiiiiiip* Gosh~ Whut twist~ *swish~*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » Li: As for your question... it is perhaps easiest to answer that by informing you of my proper role. I am not a low level initiate, in spite of appearances.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » RainOOC: I'll do the ceremony!
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » Slays: ... is that part of why there may be others from the House coming here?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » (...Reasonable plan)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm » ( ^_^ )
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » (Shiiippiiiiiiing)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » (Ppffhghghggfffff THATS VERY CLEVER)
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » ((XD))
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » (pffhee, excellent shipping logic)
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » *Bundok
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm » (If Odd marries Slays Slays can take Odd's name and stop being a Bundnock *shiiiippiiiiiing*)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm » Oddmund swishes his tail, and sips hsi tea. "Ah lahk th' sound a yer head uh house. Pr'snly I dont have tuck wi' astrology. Th' course a' fae is' a mans own provenance; bowin' tuh fourtun tellin' is as good as tuh fufillin' yerself.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm » Slays: ... That is... worrying.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 pm » "One of the Astrologers from the Royal City, in the employ of the Patrician and prior to him the Scarlet Empress, came looking to speak with the head of the house. He had dire tidings. The stars say a great tragedy will befall House Bundok if you remain counted among our number by year's end. As I recall, the head of the house told him to stuff himself, but a great many are concerned about his... "Prophacy"."
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:15 pm » Slays: *manages a slight smile of confirmation*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 pm » Oddmund: ? *tilts his head* Weyull, thats vauge. .....*smiles!* Sorreh, if I dont pry, Slays wont, and then heyull sit ah'n be sad. <3 *wags his tail~*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 pm » Slays: *questioning look, eyebrow slightly quirked*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 pm » He takes a sip of his tea. "Actually, a great deal of them are... concerned... with Takyo. Shortly after you left, there was a disturbance that you ought to know about."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 pm » Oddmund: *gently nudges Slays* He said *not* everyun from th' House, meanin' a small percenti'ge r' somewhat hostile. Not 'everyone else in th' family'. *being quiet, and flashes a smile*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 pm » Slays: If I may ask. Why are you here then?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 pm » Slays: *nods thoughtfully* Everyone? Is the family... *shakes head* Nevermind. It is no longer my place to ask of such things. I appreciate the warning... And that not everyone wishes me dead.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 pm » Li Bundok, eyes completely having shed any signs of fatigue or exhaustion, looks up at Slays with the eyes of a Navy Seal. "We can speak freely here. I have an understanding with the owners here. First, let me say I am not here to kill you, though I should warn you that not everyone from the House you meet soon shares that sentiment"
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm » Slays: *sits opposite Li, watching the surroundings carefully*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm » Oddmund: *BAD AT BEING QUIET*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm » Oddmund follows but a little discreetly, trying to be quiet and polite.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm » Shortly afterwards, another waitress spills some tea on the only other patron there, who howls and is quickly led out of the teahouse.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm » The waitress nods and then speaks with a rehersed casual-ness. "Ah... we only have one board and I've lost some of the pieces, but I will ask the staff to look for them. It may be a little while."
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 pm » He leads you into the teahouse, which is almost empty, and takes a seat in a corner table. He orders some Ginsing tea for all three of you, and then waves to the waitress working there. "And... bring us a Gateway Table, will you? I do so enjoy playing with a skilled opponent."
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm » Slays: *follows, keeping up the pace easily*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm » If Oddmund seems to be following, he'll frown and sigh, mutter something to himself, and then do the same thign
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm » Li begins to walk, faster than most people would normally move, yet not quiet a run, out the front door. He looks back to Slays to see if he's following, then leads him down roughly a block, and into a run-down tea shop.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:02 pm » Oddmund: *Shit what do you say to family members. 'Please take care of me'? 'May I have his hand in marri-NO WRONG'*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm » Slays:*this is a good sign right? Can't tell*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm » Slays: *nods and steps aside to allow Li to lead the way*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm » "There are things that are best discussed in a quiet, intimate setting, I've found."
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 pm » Li's eyes widen for a moment, which he quickly disgusies to onlookers with another yawn. "Ah... good to see another member of the family. We really must catch up a bit. I know a fine teahouse nearby... I would humbly request that you and I go sample their selection. "
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm » Pfffheee~ Poor Oddmund.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm » Oddmund: *LOOK CHARMING BE PLEASANT*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm » Oddmund: *bows~* Ahm' his comrade, Oddmund Dubsaron.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm » Slays: *nods again, seeming to relax slightly. Immediately getting less relaxed at the question, but bows* My name is Bundok Helsis Takyo honored elder. *looking to see if there is any recognition to that name*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 pm » Li: And... I do not believe you've introduced yourself, have you?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 pm » Li: Hm? Ah... I believe it is said that The Loyal Knife cuts both ways, does it not? He yawns.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 pm » Oddmund: *awkwardly bows too, like a half second behind*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 pm » Oddmund: ? *Bundok Stuff...*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 pm » Slays:*nods and bows* Apologies for the late hour Honored Bundok. I have a question before I speak any further though. Which way does the loyal knife cut. (just to be clear he's sort of doing a secret passphrase thing)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm » /
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm » He looks at Slays and bows.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm » Monk: My name is Li Bundok. I understand you wish to speak with me?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 pm » That being said, one of the monks is glaring at Oddmund, and then turns and runs into the back room. Shortly afterwards, a man in a dusty gray once-white robe, shaved head polished until it is shining, with a sleepy expression on his face, steps out.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:45 pm » Oddmund: *stretches, and shifts his weight back and forth on his shoes*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:45 pm » Well... As you're waiting, you guys do catch a few stares, but most of the monks aren't present at the moment, so there's not as much chance of anything bad going on
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:44 pm » Hmm.... alright
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm » He has his five incher shoes on.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmund braided his gingery red hair back neatly, or as neatly as he can, and may have tried to wipe some smudge off his face. His ears are still wierd, and his tail, and hes Definitively On Sight Inhuman But he has a helmet and slightly more battered breastplate on, as well as his usualy triple-patched triple repaired third-hand shonky clothing, in re-dyed blues and greens. Hes slightly tense, but doing his best to be twinkly and charismatic.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm » Slays is wearing his usualy stuff, dark clothes in much the same style as a monk, over his armor and a small cloak over his shoudlers, with his pair of black jade daiklaive shortswords on his hips.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm » Oddmund and Slays, what is your appearance right now?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm » The monk bows and walks off into the back room
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm » Slays: Thank you. *bows lightly*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm » Monk: Hm... you need to speak with Bundok Li? I can get him for you, yes.
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm » Slays: *looking down at the monk, waiting for a response to his request*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:37 pm » Oddmund: *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa MONKS EVERYWHERE*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 pm » Ok, one of the monks who is watching the sparring is approached by Slays, who looks up at him
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm » The Dragon Blooded man, Peleps Hishu, is heading to the Sleeping Hall
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm » Slays:*to one of the less occupied monks*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm » Oddmund: *trotting after him*~
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm » Slays: Pardon the intrusion, but if the Bundok is currently here could one of you pass along the message that there is a loyal knife at the entrance that would like to speak with him?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm » Inside the dojo, there's a few monks getting some late night sparring in, while a young initiate sweeps in the corner, emulating the techniques of the infamous Sweeper Lao Tzu. It seems like most of the other monks have retired inot the sleeping hall at the moment
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm » Alright. Slays, there are monks all around.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 pm » (Alright, that good too. Im just a little jumpy because the HERE TO MURDER ANATHEMIA guy and all.)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 pm » (Yes, he has the letter, but not ihs seal)
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm » (So, Oodmund has the official letter authorizing us as working for the Duke, I think)
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm » (Righ thats why I was asking if Oddmund got it back. Thats literally all.)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm » (We had two things-Oodmnund had the token he got long ago for saving princess, and recently the duke gave us a letter with his seal )]
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 pm » Slays: *approaches the entrance and looks for a monk nearby*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 pm » As far as I recall, Oddmund gave it to Mikan
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm » He walks into the Temple as several of the monks follow him
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm » (...did Oddmund ever get his token from the Duke back?)
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm » Slays: *waits a respective distance for the dragon blooded to finish at the entrance*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm » He scowls. "This makes no sense. The Astrologist said that there would be anathema in the city, but all I've seen so far is that god blooded girl..."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm » Oddmund: ....*considering tucking his ears under his helmet and his tail up under his shirt*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:25 pm » RainOOC: *sticks out tongue*
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:24 pm » Slays: *a bit nervous about the idea of meeting the Bundok, not that it really shows, besides an extra tightly nuetral expression as they approach*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:24 pm » As the two of you arrive at the temple, you see there's a large, regal looking coach parked outside it. A large man in red jade armor, looking rather furious and flanked by several shaven-headed monks, steps out of it.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm » MisaOOC: *pulls out her cellphone to call Slays*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm » Oddmund: *braidinghis hair neatly, although a inevitable paintbrush poof end is involved*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm » Which is convenient.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm » He's been staying at the Immaculate Temple in the city. You guys actually where there before.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm » But yeah, if there's no set location mentioned, Slays would start with the local temple
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm » Asking at a temple would be the first thought Oddmund has, but this is Slays rodeo. And also yeah, what demo said.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm » I thought someone mentioned him being somewhere specific? It's been a while though, so I don't remember where ^.^;
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:20 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:20 pm » Yes
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm » Well... we know he's a monk, right?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm » (One a penny, two a penny, hot cross Bun...doks)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm » How are you guys going to go about tracking him down?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm » Alright... meanwhile! Oddmund and Slays were committed to using their evening to find a Bundok in a haystack
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm » Misa: *nods* Thanks.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm » Misa: Ooh, good suggestion. I'll let Slays and the rest know.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm » Contessa: My suggestions? If you suspect this man of summoning demons without a thaumaturgist's license, tell the Immaculates. Let them sort it out tomorrow. At least it'd slow him down.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:16 pm » MalOOC: Hm, what a very fortunate turn of events...
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:16 pm » Misa: *nods* Well, hopefully you can pass on this information onto the captain of the guard... but no, no objections. We'll be at the guardhouse.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm » Contessa: Get the rest of your company together. I'll be sending a squad to relieve you for the night shift, and I need to speak with all of your squad directly before tomorrow. Do you have any objections?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm » Contessa: *Nodding* Those are your official orders. I know this seems strange. We were told when we started this job we were going to be keeping the peace while the Guard of Storm's Break watches everyone at the Summit. Why they're suddenly changing things I have no idea... but the Duke is entertaining delegates from both Lookshy and Chiascuro at the palace tomorrow. I believe his intent is to try and diffuse tensions between them before things spark into a war.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm » SlaysOOC:*will likely not be happy with the assignment*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 pm » Misa: So we'll be in charge of guarding the members of the Embassy, correct?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm » Misa: Ahh.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:10 pm » Contessa: I know. Unfortunately, we don't have any offical authority here aside from what they're giving us. As important as catching this killer is, it'll have to wait. The Captain of the Guard, has requested that your squad be there personally to watch the Embassy from Thorns. In his own words, "they'll be safer guarded by a group who can keep an open mind."
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:09 pm » Misa: ...I don't suppose we could happen to be off duty tomorrow? And attend the event tomorrow, as civilians of course... *musing aloud*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:08 pm » Misa: ...Ahh. That's... unfortunate.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:08 pm » Contessa: We've recieved a new request from our employer: The Head of the City's Watch. Due to an event that's going to be happening tomorrow night where all the offical guards will be required on the Duke's estate, we're to be pulling most of our men out of the city and into guarding the Embassy. That unfortunately includes your company
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:07 pm » Misa: Oh?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm » Contessa's face shifts from curious to surprised and then looking a bit exhasperated. As she finishes, she lowers the letter and folds her arms. "This is important and significant, but unfortunate in it's timing."
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:05 pm » (I realized it'd help those following at home/make it easier to follow in the logs)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:05 pm » Scribbled on the side of the letter: Attacked by demon, keeping Little Descendant with me, on advice(?) of Dukes staff. Has not been kidnapped.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm » (I just looked it up, but if you want to repost it again, go-you did it before I finished)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm » Letter: 'Contessa: Have suspect for murder; name of Mal, head of [____] theater company. Have evidence connecting him to crime, and possible witness connection, and alligations of demon summoning. Cannot confirm these without search; Is performing for the Duke. I beleive he may be trying to commit an assasination. Planning on forming gaurd detail; please advise'.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm » (Ooh, yes.)
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm » (Do you want me to copy what's inside it?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 pm » She takes the letter and begins reading it.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 pm » Misa: And wait for response, of course. *smiles*
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 pm » Misa: *reaches into a pocket, pulls out Odd's letter* Oddmund wanted me to deliver this to you...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm » ,
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:58 pm » Contessa: *Jumps in surprise, and then recovers* Yah! Uh, yes... good to see you, Private Misa. Do you have new intel to discuss?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm » Misa: Contessa?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm » Misa: *coughs politely*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 pm » Contessa De'mora, it seems, hasn't slept a wink in the week that the guards have been stationed here. She's standing outside the guardhouse, issuing orders to B-Squadron, while silently hoping that this time they won't accidentally cause anything to be set on fire. She doesn't seem to notice Misa as she approaches, but as she thinks she's alone, sighs and puts a hand on her head, slouching and muttering a bit to herself
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 pm » The Central Square Guard Station is flush with activity. There's several squads of guards going in and out of it at any given time, unlike the relatively small, homely guard station in the Residence District that Misa and the others have been stationed at. It's also several orders of magnitude larger, and has a proper jail, rather than just the safe that the group stuffed the demon into
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 pm » ((Yay!))
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 pm » *nod*
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 pm » ((I like it.))
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 pm » So Misa is content to ignore her and keep on heading towards the guard station?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 pm » She had been making attempts to follow Misa, which failed rather horribly. Midway through Misa's trip she had been left in the center of a street, looking cluelessly around for any trace of Misa
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 pm » Misa: *unfortunately has a mission, or she'd go mess with her*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 pm » The woman from before who had stabbed Tali and left during your earlier fight. Asa, who was currently wearing bandages and a hood black cloak
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:48 pm » Anyways... when we last left off, Misa was moving stealthily towards the Central Square Guardhouse, where Contessa was. During this time, she had successfully eluded any sort of pursuit, but had discovered that someone WAS following her.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:48 pm » *snerk*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 pm » ((PS! Here is a preview to everyone here of something that could happen to odd at a later date. Its a WIP design. http://friendlytroll.tumblr.com/post/53 ... h-eyepoofs ))
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 pm » Oh my.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm » Unlike the 12 part Zixin epic.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm » We're going to start with Misa, since her role is going to be the least lengthy.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm » *snrk*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm » RainOOC: Go Fish.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm » Zixin: *debating between going to sleep and going back to get metal and attempting not to get murdered.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm » ... at the moment, playing Gateway.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm » The group split up again: Misa went off to deliver the message to Contessa, Slays and Oddmund were going to find the Bundok in the city, and the rest of the group was...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:42 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm » Previously on Exalted...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm » Hmm.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm » *nod*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 pm » So anyways... people are here. We're... going to get started
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 pm » yeah, I don't know where she is. *Concerned*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm » Has anybody heard from Sarah recently? I haven't seen her for a while.
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 pm » Sparky: *galumps away*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 pm » Sarcastic: *Reaching for a trash can lid just in case someone takes another potshot at her
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 pm » Sarcastic: He's out of chat right now. So that's where you'll find him. Out of chat.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » *waves*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » Sparky: Oooh, good idea!
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » Khan: *On the other side of the city* Wait, WHAT?
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » Sarcastic: Here's a fun idea. Why don't you find where the stuck-up tiger is and see what he'd look like as a hairless ape?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » Hiya.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm » *waves~*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm » Laitu: *still doesn't understand marmosets*
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm » Laitu: I have fur...
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm » Sparky:You call that hair? Pitiful, just pitiful.
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm » Wally: Hey, we've got hair!
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm » Sparky: What's the big deal? So you would have been a different kind of monkey than a hairless ape. *deranged doggy grin*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:31 pm » (Y'know, Sparky can have careened into the rubble after everyone has left. ^^)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm » Sarcastic: I run now.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm » Sarcastic: *Holding a cat that's now a marmoset in front of her* eep.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm » Laitu: ...what's a marmoset?
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm » Sparky: *fires at Sarcastic, turns her into a marmoset*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm » (Heh)
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm » Sarcastic: *Looking at Sparky's rampage* Nope. Nope nope nope.
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm » James: I'll get you a stuffed animal.
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm » Michael: .... I may need someone to exposit to
Kate « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm » Claire: *poking Michael*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm » Hey guys
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm » I'm okay.
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 pm » doing pretty good. you?
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 pm » How're you all?
Demothesis « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm » heyas
Wallycaine « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 pm » *waves*
chicgeek « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm » *waves*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:14 pm » *Setting up shop*
Zobot257 « Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:05 pm » Bwi
Snail « Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 pm » Terrible post is terrible.
Jane Narbon « Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:29 pm » Hi.
Snail « Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:33 pm » nevermind crisis averted
Snail « Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:17 pm » I NEED YOU TO TELL ME THAT SOMETHING POKEMON-RELATED IS A TERRIBLE IDEA
Snail « Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:17 pm » HELP
Snail « Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:17 pm » JANE
Sarah McLaren « Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 pm » Arghblarg
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:35 am » night
chicgeek « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 am » falling asleep. g'niht.
chicgeek « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:17 am » Almost all will be spammers
chicgeek « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:17 am » We've always gotten a lot. Pick a random letter on the members list and scroll through it.
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 am » Why are we getting so many though? =/
chicgeek « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 am » Rillspeef sounds like a comic sidekick gnome or goblin.
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am » It is kinda awesome
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am » I like that one. I might steal it.
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am » Envegnalvat, the vegtable evangilist
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:11 am » Oooo, there's a new one. Envegnalvat. That's actually pretty cool.
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:11 am » *nodnod*
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 am » I feel like Beandantscusa is an attempt to blend in... after all, we've got names like Demothesis
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am » Phadayhar? It is kinda amusing
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am » Like an obscure, peaceful river.
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 am » Looks kinda Welsh.
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 am » I mean look at waiaicrh.
Snail « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 am » ...There's an odd sort of beauty to the nonsense names of spammers.
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:02 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:00 am » Fall asleep on the keyboard?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (yeah, I think this is a good stopping point)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (That sounds good to me)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (kk, sleep well snail)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (Alright snail... maybe we should break here?)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (We can stop for the night, Snail. Unless anyone has any other business to conduct)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » Slays: It's not important. *relays the info*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (everyone I'm not much longer for consciousness here)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm » Misa: Oh? why not?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm » (*nods* I thought as much)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm » (The Wood/Fire thing at the end is specifically a weird sort of coordinate system. The 4 cardinal directions North South East and West in Exalted are, in old imperial, typically refered to by the Elemental Pole they point towards
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm » Slays: ... I do not think I like the entity answering this card's question.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm » And with that, suddenly Slays finds the lights are back on, and everyone else is staring at him
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm » .
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 pm » "[b]The Silver Lining may be found in an ancient Solar Research Facility that was hidden by the Chosen of the Stars beneath the Storms' Break Castle. It is secured by several security systems built to prevent dangerous things from leaving the facility, as well as by its own obscurity. The entrance to the facility was buried and only recently accesasble due to an earthquake a few months ago caused by the Silver Lining's resonance. The exact coordinates of the entrance are 352 Wood, 124 Fire.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:20 pm » "That's a good answer. I was hoping you'd say something like that."
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 pm » (there are lots of semi-racist tarot cards out there, to be fair.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 pm » Slays: Do not call me child of demons. My name id Demon Slays Demons. And I will not do anything with it. I wish to know only to prevent others from accessing it.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 pm » (Their time has come. :-p)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 pm » (...Semi-racist Tarot cards? :P)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 pm » ZixinOOC: ...this is a very strange 'solve a mystery' card.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 pm » "What will you do with the Silver Lining, child of demons?"
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm » "What you are asking is a level 4 secret that is not meant for mortals to know. If information about the Silver Lining falls into the wrong hands, the world could be thrown into chaos that it has not seen since times before the Usurption. Before this one answers, please say one other thing. Should I trust one with your... lineage... with information this dangerous?"
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 pm » There's silence.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 pm » Slays: ...How does one gain access to the area containing the silver lining?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm » There's a booming voice that comes from the card, but also overhead at the same time. "Please state your request in the form of a question and it shall be answered"
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm » Slays: ...*looking around*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm » But for Slays, it looks like he's standing under a spotlight as the rest of the world and everything else in it starts to fade into Shadow.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm » Everyone else in the room doesn't seem to notice anything. For a moment Slays just sort of Flickers. His whole body blinks and then the card is out of his hands
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:11 pm » Ok. As you use the card, there's... sort of the opposite of a flash of light. it's like light around the card sort of collapses INTO the card itself, which begins to start faintly glowing in a manner similar to that of red hot iron. It doesn't seem to burn as Slays holds it, but the room around him starts to get darker and darker.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:11 pm » (shush, Wally. No giving the gm ideas!)
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:11 pm » (that wouldn't really be 'solve a mystery', to be fair)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm » (...It's going to be "by walking through the door," isn't it?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm » yep
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm » Alright. So Slays' mind is made up?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 pm » Slays is using the Hermit card to gain an insight into the mystery of "how does one gain access to where the silver lining is kept in storm's end"
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 pm » Zixin: *nods*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 pm » Slays: *nods* "wrong hands" is too subjective I think. *gonna use a card!*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:08 pm » Misa: Good luck
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm » Rain: Maybe ask for what we need to know about the SL to keep it out of the wrong hands? Or yeah, access sounds good.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm » Slays: *nods* I'm going with access method unless someone has a serious reason not to
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:06 pm » Rain: Like asking for wishes from a genie...there's always a way it can backfire. *wryly* So, just ask as best we can, and move on.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:06 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:05 pm » No, nothing to apologize for. Still a good reminder to have
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm » Sorry.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm » But yeah, I understand
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm » Well, Misa was suggesting we take the night :P
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm » Rain has a good point. In the context of the game, you guys only have this night before you have to start making hard decisions
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:02 pm » Rain: But we don't jave the time, Misa. We're guarding the Thorns envoy tomorrow, and know that Mal and his troupe are performing at the Duke's tomoorw night.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:01 pm » Slays: I have no idea how to word it for that, but knowing the access method is the earliest step we can stop anyone accessing it, we can determine the rest with time
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 pm » Misa: Maybe we should take the night to think on it? Gives us longer to come up with what we're going to ask, and all that...
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 pm » (Thank you, Demo)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:59 pm » (I have the log so far)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:59 pm » (My connection wen fuzzy a while back too...)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm » (ARRG ARRG ARRG sorry about that my internet connection died, so I lost the chat. I hope someone else has the log)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 pm » Rain: We need to be able to find it, and recognize it, and maybe deactivate it? Hmm...
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 pm » Zixin: ...can you word the mystery to try to encompass several questions we have about it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 pm » Slays: I f we know how to gain access to the SL we don't have to do so. we can prevent anyone from doing so.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 pm » (I'm fading fast myself, just as a warning...)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:55 pm » Slays is going to be using his hermit card, just trying to decide what exactly on
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:54 pm » So the question is... are you guys going to use a card? More cards? Or none?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:54 pm » (Bye luc)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm » (Bye, Luc!)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » (it's cool. later luc ^.^)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » Rain: *planning on buying coffee on the way to see the Contessa in the morning*
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » Zixin:*sketch sketch* ...Slays, what aspect of the silver lining are you considering the mystery?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » ((*bows* I wonld't normaly, but Im taking leave early. ^^ See you guys~)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » Misa: Sorry. Lot of stuff happening. But yeah, guildlady followed me out.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm » Fujio: *Not really listening to the plot right now* It needs to be light weight so I can jump and roll around with it! And it should look super awesome! Maybe have some sort of jewel or something in the center of the breastplate? If it has a breastplate?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 pm » Rain: I hear you, Misa, but better us finding it than them? Or, how about we ask how to destroy/deactivate the SL? That way, if baddies get it, we can maybe still save the day?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:50 pm » Slays: *nods* I have no other need for it. Does everyone think the siler lining is the best mystery to use the card on?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:50 pm » Mikan: ...No, you didn't.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:50 pm » Zixin: ...yes? What do you want it to look like?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:50 pm » Misa: *nods* My only concern over that is... well, I'm paranoid that they're waiting for us to find it before they move in. Oh, did I mention that the guildlady tried to follow me out of here?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:49 pm » Rain: Slays, it's your choice if you want to spend a card or n ot...but that's just my suggestion.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm » Rain: Our victim was murdered over it, the Guild wants it, Mal who works with demons wants it, and that's just the ones we know about.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm » Fujio: *Watching Zixin to avoid being jealous about cards and magic thingies* That's amazing! Can you draw me a suit of armor?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm » Rain:...if we have to pick a mystery to solve, I'd say the Silver Lining. Because even if we take care of Mal, as long as it's hidden, people will be searching for it, and doing Gods know what to get it.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 pm » Zixin: *fancy armor doodling* Mal might not be in charge of whatever he's doing...
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 pm » Oddmund: *still considering his tower card(
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 pm » ((quietly cleans shipping goggles))
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm » (d'awwwww)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm » Misa: I probably wouldn't recommend it? After all, we don't know if Mal's got handlers... I'm not sure it's worht the risk to you.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 pm » Slays: *to odd* Then it's not worth it. *firm*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 pm » Oddmund: Well, it'd hurt me, too.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 pm » Mikan: I've also got the Fool, the Strength, the Empress, the Justice, and... the High Priestess. I think that one's special.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 pm » Slays: ...Would that work?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 pm » Oddmund: ... I could just tower Mal now. *considers*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 pm » (The Star leads, the Hermit sheds light on mysteries)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 pm » Mikan: It leads us to something. Doesn't have to be a mystery.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm » Slays: That's two mysteries we can get information on then?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm » Mikan: Hey, I've got the Star too.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm » (There's really only one other jade dragon that survived to the 3rd Age...it's currently in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they have or how valuable it is)
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 pm » Zixin: ... *notebook sketching*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 pm » Misa: Most of them aren't too useful for this, or already been offered.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Wheel, Hanged Man, Hermit, Strength and the Fool. Some theif stole the World, but may give it back? I dont' know
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 pm » Rain: The Moon, Death, The Hierophant, The Devil, and I spent Wheel of Fortune.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 pm » Oddmund: ... *muzily considers*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 pm » (Adorable tiny jade dragons)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:37 pm » Oddmund: Star, Empress, Tower, Fool. *yawns* Had th lovers, used it sos zixin would save me from th demons
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:35 pm » Mikan: Which ones do you have, Odd?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:35 pm » Oddmund: .... *slides one card out*
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:35 pm » Zixin: *still pretending he doesn't have any cards*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:34 pm » (we'll all become little jade dragons?)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:34 pm » ((I doubt it, anyhow))
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:34 pm » (All will be explained in the end! Heh heh heh)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm » ((Nahhhhhh.))
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm » ((You know, in all our musing about exaltation, I don't think we've considered the possibility that we're ALL meant to exalt Sidereal.))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:32 pm » Oddmund: Mmhmnnn. Hadda dream. Someone... asked bou my mum?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:32 pm » Fujio: Hey, wait... you all have those weird magic cards?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm » Mikan: Hey, Odd's got em too!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm » Oddmund: ...oh, y'all have those...? *muzzily takes his out*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm » Rain: So-do we go check out this 'sun-king bunker' tonight? We're just assuming Mal is going to attack the Duke tomorrow. What we *know* is that he wants the doohicky.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm » (recap for Troll: The group has been debating using their cards to try and solve some of the mysteries you all face, or possibly helping them stop Mal/ find the Silver Lining/solve problelms in a preferably non-trickstermode way)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm » Mikan: *nudges bucket*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm » Oddmund: *sort of dozily half asleep, eith his ears sitll back*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 pm » (Ahh, sorry. Thought she said before bed.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 pm » (sorrym my internet cutout )
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm » Rain: That's for the morning. Wouldn't it be nice to have the puzzle solved before then? *grins*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm » Mikan: You're right, I just... knew.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm » (Contessa was going to talk to you guys tomorrow morning)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm » Mikan: ...This one. It'll show me where to find something I'm looking for.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm » Misa: *shrugs* I'm not really sure what we should do... but wasn't the Contessa going to talk to us?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 pm » Mikan: *takes hers out and studies them*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 pm » (Sorry. I should have made that clear)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm » (Oh, I thought those were more meta stuff)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm » Rain: Well, I know, because I remember my dream. *shrugs*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm » Slays: *Shrugs* I don't *know* I just have a gut feeling.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm » (er, Mikan should have an idea of what hers does too. Didn't I give you the hints like I did everyone else?)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm » Rain: Whoever those goddesses were....at least we know when a card was played, it didn't backfire. Either for some weird reason they wish us well, or we're playing pieces for them. Or maybe they're just bored. But hey, resources! Weird, unreplaceable, mysterious resources, but resources.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:25 pm » Mikan: How do you all know what they do?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 pm » Slays:*nods at zixin* true.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm » MaidenofSecretsOOC: *Watching, highly amused*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm » Rain: A couple of my cards could possibly be helpful, too. One, people will listen to me and follow me. *grins* I'm saving that one. Does anyone else have a helpful card for this situation?
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:22 pm » Zixin: ...limiting the question to Mal is probably a bad idea?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:22 pm » Slays: *counting off* Is the captain on our side or doing the right thing, where is the silver lining, where will Mal strike, there's a lot of choices....
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:21 pm » Misa: ...Ooh. That's... a good question. We could always go philosophical, and try to solve the mystery of what we need to do to prevent the duke from dying...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:20 pm » (pfft)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:20 pm » Rain: Something good happened. I was pretty hurt, and our young friend was dying, and...I tried to pray to contact my father, but coiuldn't concentrate enough. But somehow, his attention was drawn to me.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:20 pm » Zixin: ...the mystery of how to solidify a soul? *has nooooot been paying sufficient attention*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm » Slays:*holds up his Hermit card* I could use this, if it works similarly. To help figure out a mystery... But not sure what mystery.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm » Rain: Yes, the card did something.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm » Rain: Okay, so we don't know the ritual to awaken it or whatever-that's fine by me. We don't want to wake it, just keep it out of bad hands. The 'Guardian' of it being gone..dunno if that's good or bad...
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 pm » (Rain has probably never heard of that term. It would require a lore check that's very VERY high)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 pm » Slays: ...! I just rememebred. Rain... you said the card did something before right?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 pm » (Has Rain ever heard the term 'Star's Chosen'?)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 pm » Oddmund: *wringing his hair dry again*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 pm » Rain: So...if the sword is an old Sun King's soul, it stands to reason that the Duke's palace is the castle the Star's Chosen were building above the Sun King's Ancient bunker. Hmm...'Star's Chosen'...*thinking*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:15 pm » Zixin: *oooh artifact*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:15 pm » Fujio: So... it's a mah-chime that makes clouds or something?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:14 pm » Rain: That's all I got. It would take a *lot* of time to translate the whole book.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 pm » .
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 pm » .
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 pm » Mikan: There is a very important distinction between "protect" and "activate". *sets bucket of water by Odd*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 pm » Rain: And, another note in the margin, presumably written by our victem. "it's gone. How lucky!"
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 pm » Oddmund: *dunks his head in the bucket*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm » Rain: No physical description of the doohicky. There's a bit I can't quite make out, maybe ""Guardian" of the SIlver Lining, said to protect it or activate it or something like that
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm » Mikan: *fetches a bucket*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm » Fujio: I don't understand. What does that mean?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm » Oddmund: .... U would like a bucket of cold water to stick my head in, so i can go and talk to th duke befor esunrise.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm » Rin: there's more-this is written in the margin. " Written in the margin below, by the man who died to protect this book. "How fascinating! I must find my way beneath the castle! This would be an opportunity to examine one of these without danger..."
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm » Slays: ... Little wonder Mal desires it.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:10 pm » Mikan: Welp. Explains why he wants it.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:10 pm » It is said that the machine rests beneath the castle that the Star's Chosen are building above the Sun King's ancient bunker, and that only an ancient ritual may waken the Machine and the Silver Lining within.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:10 pm » Mikan: Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's bad.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:10 pm » (I mostly just want to stick Demon in the same room as Garments, because it amuses me)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm » Oddmund: ....... well. Shit.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm » all so a single man chosen by the Stars could get close enough to quiet it within the machine. (Still reading)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm » " discovered that it took the efforts in concert of a hundred of the oldest gods of the land around the scavenger lands to calm it, and quiet the devastation left in its wake.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm » Slays: I am not OK with it. It is our assignment, someone must do it or we are defying orders entirely. I may not like it, but I am capable of doing it.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm » Rain: *reading* "The Silver Lining, though an inaccurate term, is an appropriate appelation for the entity who left naught but clouds and rain as it vanished from the earth. In my investigations, I have
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 pm » Oddmund: Mmmmkay.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 pm » Mikan: Go for it.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm » Rain: Guys? I'm going to read a few passages out loud to you, okay?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm » Misa: *shrugs* It could be worse.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm » Zixin: *has gotten distracted by trying to figure out how you would make a soul into a solid object*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm » Mikan: *surprised* YOU'RE okay with guarding the death knight?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm » Oddmund: ... *makes a sad face at Slays*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:06 pm » Rains: *mutters* Oh, this sounds bad...*reading*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:06 pm » Slays: ... *thinking* I think, it'd be best if I were not there for whatever is done to confront mal. I do not wish to test if my blood makes me... susceptable to his talisman. I can guard the envoy.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:06 pm » Oddmund: *ears back flat against his head like an angry cat*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:05 pm » Mikan: One's enough.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:05 pm » Rain: *One* DK, Odds. *reading!*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:05 pm » Fujio: O-Rwar, I DID say he hates you.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm » *ears*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm » Oddmund: ..... *wars go up, and then back* .....they want us to gaurd DEATH KNIGHTS?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm » (I think we were going to, but the debate just continued*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:03 pm » Rain: And Death Knight could mean she'd like to snitch the macguffin, too. Maybe it's just as well she won't be at the party. *reading book*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:03 pm » Misa: Good to know... Young can mean likely to defy orders...
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:02 pm » Rain: About the Thorns Envy? the Ambassador from Thorns is a young lady known as the Stitcher of Torn Garments, or just Garments by people who know her personally. She's one of the fabled death knights of Thorns, servants of the enigmatic Mask of Winters, and is fairly young compared to her compatriots. She's said to be a very eloquent, if depressing,s peaker
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:02 pm » Zixin: ...are the hilt and jewels also made from the soul, or just the blade? Or is the hilt the soul and the blade and jewels are something else?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 pm » Oddmund: .... *cautious sip* welll... iffin its OUR story then we come in and nobly defy our orders, possibly coming in early to head off th danger. if its the captains story, then we're the bumbling comic releif who runaround before he defeats evil.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 pm » (I though Odd and the rest were napping for a couple of hours while Rain checked the book?)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:00 pm » Misa: Don't suppose that helps you figure out how the ragtag group of investigators is supposed to stop the climax of the story from happening?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:00 pm » Mikan: *pushes tea-like substance at Odd*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 pm » Fujio: *At Zixin*The Sword looks like a sword. It's got a white blade and a gray hilt encrusted with gleaming jewels.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 pm » 9,4,3,2,8 (2 successes) Intel, lore
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 pm » Oddmund: *face down* Princess n a duke n a sword n a city... weapin... n... rag tag... investigatrs..
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 pm » I do, gah!
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 pm » Wait, I thought you said you had 2 lore, Chic?
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 pm » Zixin's tired and is gonna sleep rather than helping with the roll, I think?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm » And, I don't have any dots in Lore. Just roll intelligence? And is Zixin rolling, too?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm » Mikan: Not that awesome, since the undead won.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm » intel/bur first-3,8,4,8 (2 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm » Oddmund: ... they could. It'd be the right kinda... story.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm » Mikan: Storms and artifacts and sun kings... I dunno.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm » Fujio: Thorns was attacked by undead. The invincible Inspector Tao fought against them! It was awesome! Or so that children's scroll O-Rwar read to me when I was younger said
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm » Mikan: But could the sword and the Silver Lining have something to do with each other?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:55 pm » (It's a lore + intelligence c heck)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:55 pm » Mikan: ...I'm tired, and I might be about to say something stupid.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:55 pm » (IN addition to that, you can make the roll to decypher the book now if you want)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:55 pm » (Ok. Rain can make an Intelligence or Wits + Bureaucracy check to know stuff about the Ambassador from Thorns)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm » Oddmund: *laying down*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm » (Rain has 1 dot in Bureaucracy)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm » Misa: *shrugs* I think they're a different type of demon? That's why I'm asking...
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Zixin: Does the sword look like it is made from one material, or multiple materials?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » (People might know something about the Thorns Envoy if they have Bureaucracy or Investigation the (Politics) specialty in either Bureaucracy or Investigation
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Oddmund: ... a pity carin bout somethin doesnt mean actin in its best interests....
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Misa: Interesting. So they just have to think they're acting in the best interests of the city?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Rain: Misa, didn't Thorns get overrun by demons or something? Maybe the envoy is one...
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Oddmund: Ooooohhh. A Ledgond....
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm » Zixin: ...yes, but generally when people say that something is made into a weapon, other materials are involved in the process.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm » Fujio: *To Zixin* The legend says she just took the soul and made it into a weapon. It wasn't combined with any material I know of
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm » Zixin: *it's IMPORTANT*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm » aaaaaaaand zixin is derailed by crafting details XD
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm » (Do we know anything about the Thorns envoy? Sex, species, anything?)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm » Fujio: *Going on even if no one's listening* She took his soul and forged into a weapon or something. When it's held by someone who believes they're acting in the best interests of the City, it's supposedly able to shatter almost anything. But when it's held by someone who doesn't care about Storm's Break, it can barely cut cheese. I don't know why.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm » Zixin: ...does the soul get refined into a solid material, or combined with a solid material?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm » Misa: ...Hmm. Anybody know how the Thorns guys feel about demons? Maybe we can get them to work against each other...
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm » Fujio: Huh? The Storm's Sword? Oh! I wouldn't expect any of you to know about it, even O-Rwar. It's sort of a state secret. See, there's this really powerful demon lady from Malfeas who creates things from human souls... a long time ago, there was a man who lived where Storm's Break is now. He was one of the Sun Kings, and he summoned that demon lady and promised him her soul if she made his soul into a weapon that could protect the city.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm » Oddmund: Oh sweet soul a sol yes please.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm » Rain: Why don't I, or I and Zixin, if he feels up to it, look at the book, while you lot n ap for a couple of hours?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm » Oddmund: ....yeh, but what'r we supposed to do?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm » Slays: *nods* I'll make sure it doesn't run off Rain.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 pm » Rain: *chugs soem tea*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 pm » Misa: ...I hate to be the Yozi's advocate, but if he is, goodness forbid, unloyal or under control, having Fuji ask about getting us specifically might tip our hand. Or, perhaps worse, connect her to us.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 pm » Rain: Okay, I want to look at the book. Slays, would you please come with me to the safe? I don't want that little demon escaping...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 pm » Rain: Princess, like Mikan said, he could be loyal as the day is long, and have still been con trolled by Mal.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:47 pm » Mikan: What's the Storm's Sword?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:47 pm » Oddmund: *hugs fujio* thass a fair point. You gwa and ask him then.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:47 pm » Fujio: *Whibbling*But... but... he's got the Storm's Sword! Uncle woudln't let him use it unless he was totally loyal
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: We don't know how good he is. The captain may be helping without knowing it.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm » Mikan: Let's not forget the mind control powers.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm » (You can also both cooperate as well and add your successes(
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm » Oddmund: Ahn mind control aint out of any pictur.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm » (Either Rain or Zixin can try to decypher the book. Remember Zixin still is in -2 health levels, though.)
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm » Oddmund: Its possible t love somethin an still prot, Fuji. Bein a ruler will mean seper'atin these things. But Its possible yer faith is verreh well founded. *to Misa* He also jes think ahm a freeloadin freak, sos.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm » Misa: Hmm... well, that could be. It's still suspicious timing to me, though.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:44 pm » Fujio: Captain Hong kind of hates you, O-Rwar... but he's really loyal! There's no way he'd plot against my dad! Er, my Uncle. Captain Hong Zhu cares about Storms' Break more than anyone in the city, except maybe Uncle and me.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 pm » Misa: *inclines head*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 pm » Fujio: *Waves, as if this isn't a big deal*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmund: ... Oh, right. Y'all, Princes Fuji. *gestures~*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Fujio: I'm not sure if he'd listen, but I could try.
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Zixin: *has mostly been distracted with a blueprint sketchbook, because political intregue is confusing*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmund: Oh yeh! Good idea, fuji~! <3
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Rain: Maybe we can ask the Duke to over ride the Captrain's orders?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmund: Ah'l take suspicious over lettin a crime happen.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » Fujio: *Trying to think* Um... maybe I could try to tell Captain Hong Zhu I want you all as personal body guards tomorrow?
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 pm » (Zixin's got Old Realm and 4 lore?)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:41 pm » (Rain has Old Realm and 2 lore)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm » (The book may have a written description, but no sketch. However, someone with Old Realm and a good lore or bureaucracy skill might be able to decypher it in a few hours)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm » Misa: *sighs* Yeah, but it's gonna look awful suspicious if we're not guarding the Envoy
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm » Oddmund: In an out of th' castles? Prolly nu one better.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm » Mikan: *looks to Odd* How good?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm » (Did the book have any kind of sketch or written description of the Silver Lining? We looked through it back when we got it)
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm » Oddmund: Thatcha are, peaches. <3 *floofs fuzjis hair.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm » Mikan: *making something green-smelling and faintly acrid*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm » Fujio: I could sneak you all into the castle! I'm really GOOD at sneaking people into things!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 pm » Mikan: Maybe he could even finagle us into being close by anyway. At least he needs to know where the threat is.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 pm » Rain: Or, if you're more worried about Mal, we could co after him tonight. If Sprout is right, I'll notice his talisman that gives him demon power, and can point it out to you fighter types.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 pm » Oddmund: He's gonna be buisy, but i agree.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 pm » Mikan: If we're going to the Duke's castle, I vote we talk to the Duke. Let him know what we know.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 pm » Rain: We still have that book.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 pm » Oddmund: Im more worried about the attack part...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 pm » Slays: *raises hand* do we have any idea what to look for? None of us are archeologists. And no one's found it so far....
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 pm » Oddmund: M not letting that happen, Fujis. And you're staying close by me okay? *thinks...* close. ok?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 pm » Mikan: *nod*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 pm » Fujio: *Has been silent most of this whole time* But... what if this Mal guy tries something at Uncle's dinner tomorrow!
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 pm » Rain: Mikan, can you make Soldier's tea?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm » OddmundL Couldnt we go to the dukes in the early morning....?*kicking* I feel like bloody goblin
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm » Misa: After all, we're under orders to guard his person, not keep him away.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm » Rain: We follow our orders and guard the group from Throns tomorrow. But tonight, we're free...
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm » Mikan: *listens to Rain* *looks at Odd* I'll make tea. Unless someone knows where to get coffee beans here this time of night...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm » Misa: ...Personally, I was wondering if we could convince the Thorns Envoy to go visit the Duke's big spectacular...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm » Misa: We were specifically requested, by the captain of the guard. Which, personally, makes me think he might be in on it, but that stays between us.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm » Slays: ...bit dangerous though. No sleep.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm » Rain: Who needs sleep,anyway?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm » Your group has been ordered, via special request by the Captain of the Guard himself (The guy who gave Oddmund a hard time at the castle) to guard the envoy from Thorns
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm » Oddmund: .....*hugging his pillow*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm » Oddmund: ...Rains idea is good, tho.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm » Oddmund: .....*flips through his notes* .....I've got some time off coming to me. Takin a day off, tommorow. I have a show to attend.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm » Slays:...*not happy, but not in charge, so going to do his job*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm » Rain: If Mal and his troop are going to the party tomorrow, and we can't be there because we have to be at the Embassy...And we know Mal is up to no good, and also, Sprout said that murder victim said the magic whatsit was under the palace....We go to the Duke's tonight. Find the whatsit that Mal's after, before he has a chance to.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm » ah, righto. so we're guarding the thorns envoy
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm » Ahh, okay.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » The various different diplomatic envoys are being housed in the castle while the Duke is mostly staying in his private estate.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Ahhh.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Let me clarify. There's one large Summit, which is being housed in the Royal Castle. I misspoke when I said Embassy before
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Oddmund: ....Thorns?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Rain: I have an idea.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Misa: The one from Thorns.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm » Oddmund: .... wfhfrf? Wh? wwhhhhh- but- the- and- the DUKE.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm » Misa: Also, does anybody find it surprising we were selected riiiight after we found out about Mal?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm » (wait, is there jsut one embassy in the city?)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm » Mikan: Why were we requested?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm » Slays: which embassy?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm » Misa: ...Not as great as it could have? Turns out we've been tasked with defending the Embassy tomorrow, so we won't be able to protect the duke without a lot of shenanigans. We were specially requested by the captain of the guard.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:29 pm » Mikan: *wound up discussing embroidery as an art form with the princess*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:29 pm » Oddmund: *crawling up to his hammock*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:28 pm » Oddmund: *wave wave*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:28 pm » Rain: Yep. How'd it go?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 pm » Misa: *Looks around* Everybody here?
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 pm » Oddmund: *more or less exausted*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 pm » Slays:*glad that went well*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 pm » Misa, Slays, and Oddmund make it back to the groups guardhouse without any major problems. You're all together now.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 pm » Seriously. Oddmund and Slays had just gone to visit the Bundok in the city, and had met Misa, who was under orders to gather the whole team up before bed and go back to speak with Contessa about some new orders.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm » Oddmund: *posing in a powr rangers outfit* Whata!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm » Spokes: Ooooo. That's a great idea!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm » Ppppffff.......
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm » Scratch: Pfff. Spokes, you could build a better one. Look how slow that thing is.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm » Seriously though....
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm » Will it be enough?
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:22 pm » XD
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:22 pm » Seeing no other option, Rain besought the gods for help, convincing Luna, Sol, and the 5 Maidens to transform the Saint's Smasher, a giant-er robot piloted by several people! This new Nakama consisted of Oddmund, Misa, Rain, Zixin, and Mikan
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 pm » Slay's Zixin-built Giant Robot was on the ropes! An evil alien overlord named Lord Saffron, piloting a giant arboral land squid, had it grasped in it's clutches!
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:20 pm » Ok. PREVIOUSLY, on Exalted!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:20 pm » Oddmund: With jake the dog and finn the human the fun will never end it's adventure time~
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm » *Setting up the game screen and luring the MSW characters out of chat using shinies*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm » It's going to be turquoise and neon green. ^^
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 pm » *Getting ready to start the game in one minute.*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm » Yay! Blanket Octopus!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm » ^^
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm » Aww!! That sounds great, Snail!
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » Sarge: *Leaping off of Oddmund's hat to try and latch onto Rain's coat*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » .
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » At least a baby can be wrapped up in it.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » For a baby.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » For it shall be large enough to ALSO function as an actual blanket!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm » Indeed!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm » But it shall be no ordinary plushie!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm » I am making a blanket octopus plushie.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm » ooh~ thats neat~
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm » *soundbox
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm » Guitar players will rap on the soundbo for a drum effect sometimes. It sounds cool.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm » That is pretty cool looking, Snail!
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm » Sarge: *Holding onto Oddmund's hat and trying not to fall off*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm » Oddmund: *somehow generating drum sounds to go with his gauitaur as he plays*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm » Sarge: ...! Bwi! *Looking around for a way to get down. Can't find one! TRAPPED!*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm » http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yFCek-xYm4E/T ... ctopus.jpg So this is a blanket octopus.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm » Eh, this is noncanonical anyway. Sarge hasn't ever met Oddmund, and only dislikes him because he smells SORTA like something from the Wyld and Jade Dragons were made to keep the Wyld out of Creation
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » Oddmund: ....Aww~ *puts him on his helmet*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » So long as it doesn't interfere with the adventures of Sarge.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » Fluffy cuddly projects are awesome
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » Eh, go ahead. This is more of a casual night anyway. We'll start in ten minutes.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » Hee.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » ...Should I hold off on discussing fluffy cuddly projects until after the game?
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » Sarge: ! *Under attack!* Bwwwwiiii! *Squrim!*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm » .
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:09 pm » aww~
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:09 pm » Oddmund: *pivks sarge up*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 pm » Sarge: *Determinedly booting at Oddmund's leg*
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » Allo!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » A fluffy cuddly project.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » I have another project!
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » Welcome back, Snail!
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » Coool!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm » Oh AND
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm » Wooo~
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm » ...Which may be the day after tomorrow, since first I need to tackle a small mountain of dirty dishes.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm » Storage is good
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm » *have
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm » ...Well. I will hve storage after I clean the thing.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm » Yay!!!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm » and now I have STORAGE
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm » the handles are kinda terrible anyway so I'm gonna knock em all out and replace them
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:04 pm » Nice :)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » .
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » was the very nice metal knobs
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » Hah!
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » where the only salvageable part
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » I ran into a ruined dresser
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » but a while back
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm » the handle is shot on one of the drawers
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 pm » best part
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 pm » oh oh
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » ...Can I catch my breath for a sec then because that thing was really heavy
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » It's fine :)
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » good
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » okay
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » oh
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:01 pm » and someone who lived there said yes it was being thrown out but pickup was tomorrow morning
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » Hiya, Snail! We've just been being silly.
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » but I got there
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » You're okay <3
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » I was just going to check if a dresser I thought was getting thrown out
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » ?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » Sparky: Well, if you want puns...we could do a SarcasTick/
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » sorry
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » I'm really really late
Snail « Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm » Agl sorry I'm so late
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 pm » Oddmund: *tuning his guitaur*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 pm » Sarcastic's Writer: But... but.. the puns!
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 pm » Sparky: You'd be a lemur, or an orangutang...how do you feel about chimpanzies? Hmm...maybe an organ grinder's mon key. *muses*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 pm » Sparky: And you wouldn't be a tiger, Sarc! I wouldn't do that to you.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:55 pm » Sparky: Heh. Heh. Heh.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 pm » Khan: *odd feeling of feline impending doom*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 pm » Sarcastic: I think I'm going to let someone else handle Sparky. I've had enough excitement for a month, and I'd rather not be SarcasTiger again, despite my author's amusement by it
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:53 pm » Wally: ...*squints* It's very special
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:53 pm » Xerox: Its gone a bit quantnum.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:53 pm » David: ...I'm not really sure if I have a robot arm right now or not.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm » Also, it's sorta nice seeing people here. :-)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm » Alright... sooooo... we're going to start in about 15ish to 20 minutes. Still waiting for Snail, if that's ok
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm » Oddmund: *waving his tail back and forth to the music*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm » Pfffff.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:50 pm » ...if Sarge ever meets Oddmund he may just spend most of his time gnawing on Oddmund's sandle in a childlike attempt at aggression.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:50 pm » Sarge and Desus are always adorable
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:50 pm » Sarge: Bwi! *Wrestling with Oddmund's tail*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 pm » Desus: *Confused because his kind were built to fight Wyld-things, and that smells like a Wyld Thing, but also NOT a Wyld Thing, and doesn't quite know what to make of it*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 pm » Oddmund: *raises an ear as he sings~*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 pm » *snerk*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 pm » Shun: C'mond Des, his playing's not *that* bad
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:48 pm » Desus: *Looking at Oddmund* Daddy, I think I'm supposed to smush that person.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:48 pm » Henshin: *Clinging to a tree branch* I'm better at jumping when I'm not being surprised dangit!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:48 pm » Oddmund: *strum strum strum~*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm » Dusk: Heh.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm » Shun:*can cheat at jumping*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm » Shun*watching* good air. almost as good as I get
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm » Zixin: *kindred spirit?*
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm » Pfff.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm » Henshin: AAAAAAAAH! *Jumps 12 feet*
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 pm » Oddmund: *playing a new song~* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkEmDItUAUU
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:45 pm » Shun: *behind henshin* don't worry, we'll get there!
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:45 pm » It's fun~
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 pm » Awww, thanks
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 pm » Henshin: I'd personally like to say that I'm glad that all the attention has been on people who aren't likely to get involved with me and make me part of the plot. Only bad things happen to me during the plot
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm » Zobot, it's been great fun. I've really been enjoying myself.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm » Anyways... so yeah. While we're waiting for snail, I would like to say that I'm honored that each of you has been playing in the game I'm running. It's touching to have such a great group of players, and thank you all for coming every week.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm » Heh
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm » heh, I got the reference ^.^
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm » ...that could have been worded better.
FriendlyTroll « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm » *nodnod*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm » Speak of the Devil-blooded and his player character doth appear
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm » heyas
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm » Wally: *plays harp*
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:38 pm » Tonight's going to be a bit of a casual night anyway. Demo's not here yet and to my knowledge this is Tinker's last weekend with his GF in town, so I figured at least earlier on we'd just hang out a bit and chat

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm » I'll try and make sure my minichapter stays active, give everyone a nice way back into activity ^.^
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm » Rain: Slays, I thought I was the unstealthy one. You feeling all right?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 pm » Hee, I was talking to all of us, Luc. We've all been busy.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 pm » *salutes* Righto! Consider it back on the frontburner for me,with my sweetheart back on the other coast.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 pm » Sparky: Heh. Heh. Heh.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm » Khan: EEP!
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm » yes. 2 SSXP for everyone present tonight.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm » Oh! While everyone's here. We need to get the gang out of Europe and back to Xyon eventually. ^^ I know Demo has the Gods of Sumer, and I have my thing after that. Gah, I still need to post and have Sparky mutate someone. *aims at Khan*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm » Slays:*failed at stealth. is dissapointed in self*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm » Do we get SSXP for tonight?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm » Sounds good
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm » I did have fun- a exausted character is fun in its own way. ^^
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm » it was plenty fun. and progress ^.^
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm » Absolutely.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm » I know tonight was a bit dry, but I hope everyone had fun
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm » Woo~
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm » Alright. I'm calling it here.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Alright. Just don't blame me if things blow up before we get there.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm » (JINX)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm » Rain: So, we kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully Desmond is on the way to the palace, and the info he could give us may be what we need before we get up close and personal with the doodad.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 pm » Oddmund: Well, if someone IS there, all the better to get ther sas a group. We check with this Desmond person, try and find it, and get back out in time to make sure we can see to the events tonight.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 pm » The palace is in the part of town where Desmond is, yes.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:46 pm » Zixin: *nodnod* *has taken another one of Misa's knives for sharpening*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:46 pm » (is the Palace in the part of town where Desmond hangs out?)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:45 pm » Misa: *sighs* Or trying to find it? We know the general area, and we're fairly certain somethings already gone one with it...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:45 pm » Oddumd: As Rain has said, thats entierly ahead of us. We need to find it, and as a group; no one of us *should* be facinf these things on. *to Zixin* ...huh. No kiddin? Polite feller.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:45 pm » Zixin: *has taken one of Misa's knives and is sharpening it* Oh! Y-yes. I. Um. I d-did. ...there was an assassin there but he's not planning on killing anyone until tonight and he didn't see me and I told Contessa. *is meep-y in general about overhearing things*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:45 pm » Mikan: *laughs* It's fine. *listening to everyone else while putting on makeup herself* I can guard the thing if we can get to it, but I think you're looking too far ahead.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:44 pm » Rain: *raises eyebrow* Misa, we have to find it first.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:44 pm » Misa: Hmm... I'd feel better if we had at least one person hanging out with the Silver Lining, just in case things happen faster than we expect?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:43 pm » Oddmund: Oh! Zixin, y' said you wanted to go look at it... did ya ever?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:43 pm » Rain: Try an d find Dedsmaond for help and info, and maybe swing by the theater for the demon body?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 pm » Misa chuckles. "If that's what it takes..." She lets out a theatrical sigh.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm » Oddmund: Hm... Well, we need to look under th; palace, and we need to follow up on this info... but I'd rather get info first, cause I dont want us splittin up before we go in. Can anyone think of anything else we need to follow up on? *offers Mikan back the makup* Sorry hun, Ill ask next time.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm » Rain: Heh. Misa, she might think that was flirting.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 pm » Misa: Cool, cool. I was hoping I wouldn't have to try and convince creepy thorns lady to go investigate the catacombs...
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 pm » Zixin: *back from reporting to Contessa* *doesn't NEED to hide behind Slays but can double-check his armor for damage from back there*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 pm » Mikan: Should I be doing something special? *watching Odd dab on the borrowed makeup*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 pm » Oddmund: *snorts, from Rains comment* Naw. But I just asked th ruler of a city to hedge bets... might as well make sure th' horse racin' looks like it can cross the gate. *smiles* Th duke overrode those orders. Our priority is on the Silver Lining officialy, but i have a desire tuh ensure th' murderer is as well brough to justice. A lone weirdo bein kilt... coulda been me in another life~
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 pm » Rain: I thought the Duke overrode those old orders?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 pm » Misa nods. "Anyways, at least some of us should put in a token appearance guarding the emmissary... unless things changed recently about that?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 pm » Rain: Looks like finding Desmond for a chat is on the agenda. Hey Odds, you're looking spifffy. Got a hot date?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 pm » Oddmund: ...*snorts faintly* So, th' mysterious informant with unclear goals, huh....? I trust im~ How fun!
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 pm » Misa: Oh, and you may want to tell the guard to be extra careful with the Princess of Sojin... he said he wasn't going to do it now that trouble was stirred up, but...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 pm » Rain: Interesting...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 pm » Misa: He seemed pretty knowledgeable. Also probably not entirely human, given he was talking about how if the Silver Lining was completely unleashed, I'd be dead and he'd be inconvienced.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:34 pm » (I was going to suggest we wrap things up soon anyway, Snail. 11's usually a pretty reliable cut-off point for our game)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:34 pm » Oddmund: ... Well, hell. TH' duke just made administrative descisions based on 'that half raksha who saved my neices life that one time said so'. If its good enough for royalty, its good enough for me. *borrowing Mikans makup to add a dot of white eyshadow over his eyes*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:32 pm » Misa: Remember how I told you my one card got stolen by the shadow theif or whatever ridiculous epithat he uses? He gave it back last night, and offered to answer a few questions in exchange for the favor of lending it to him. He mentioned Desmond in passing.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:32 pm » ((Hey folks, I'm fading fast. Not saying we should stop, but if I disappear that's why.))
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:31 pm » Rain: *nods* mind if I ask how you know? I'm curious. *grins* Did you meet Desmond?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 pm » Oddmund nods firmly. "Good lead. Card?"
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 pm » Misa: ...Oh, and I had a visitor last night, gave me back the card.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 pm » Misa: Apparently this Desmond dude was involved in the original binding of the Silver Lining, so he's likely got a stake in keeping it together. Big on formality and stuff, so you might be the best one to approach him?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 pm » Rain: Yep, I've heard of him. He's an old, OLD, god. hangs out in the lah-di-dah district, mostly, and they say he likes to help people.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm » *Empire
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm » it's rumored he's been around since the days of the ancient Sun King emire.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm » (he also still has the card tucked into his helmet's band)
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm » Slays:... *odd looks very presentable. that's the only reason he's looking. yes. getting his own equipment ready*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 pm » Ok. What Rain knows about "Desmond" is that he's a very old god that lives within Storm's Break these days, mainly within the wealthier district of the city alongside nobility and the better-to-dos. Unlike most gods, he frequently interacts with mortals and has a reputation for being eager to help people.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:27 pm » Misa: *whistles*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund is, in fact: Actually Put Together.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm » 7,4,3,5,8 (2 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm » (You'd need to make a Lore + Intelligence check, Rain)
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm » Zixin: Oh. Okay. *intimidated by Contessa and was hoping that would not be the correct answer*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm » Oddmund is foing to take some time ashe gets ready. His hair is combed down smooth, plaited with care, and a small orimental pin used to hold back the pouf tha usualy obscures his eyes. His face is washed, he shaves, and he wears a neat, clean set of clothing, with only the smallest patches, with his breastplate, helmet with the card still in, and curiously a set of (prop) monks beads. He selects his medium tall sandals, and has seemed to even polished his cane a little.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 pm » Slays: Yes. *to zixin*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 pm » Rain: *hand on chin* Desmond...desmond. *thinking*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 pm » (does she?)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm » Misa: ...Well, I got my card back. Oh, and Rain... do you know a god named Desmond?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm » There's a lot of clouds in the sky, blocking the sun's view of the city
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm » Zixin: *quietly* Slays, if really stupid people are plotting to take over the city in a way that probably going to fail but likely to cause major damage, should I tell Contessa?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:22 pm » The weather outside is very strongly windy today. Not windy enough to be dangerous or tornado-y, but very very VERY blustery.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 pm » Misa: *stretches*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 pm » Slays: *will explain things, and then check the weather outside*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 pm » Zixin: ... *will ask Slays about things*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 pm » Alright. Fast forward to the next day... people wake up as they normally do.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm » Zixin: *will wait until morning to talk to people, because sleep*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm » ...Oddmund is going to go through his clothing, and do something, but then hes going to bed. And what he did wont matter till hes getting ready in th emorning, is non plot consiquential, and took five minutes.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm » Rain: zzzZzzZzz...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:18 pm » Slays: *going to sleep*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:18 pm » sleeeeeeeeeeeep
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 pm » So anyways, is there anything anyone else wants to do before day comes? Aside from sleep?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 pm » Slays: ...? *thought misa was going to sneak along*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 pm » (My apologies for the delay, something happened)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 pm » Misa: *slumped in a chair*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:14 pm » Eventually, the group returns back to the guardhouse. Zixin and Misa are both there, asleep.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:12 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:11 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 pm » (One moment)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:02 pm » Mikan: *falls asleep in the coach*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:59 pm » Rain: *has made sure Slays get the spot next to Oddmund*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:58 pm » Slays:*enjoying not being out in the rain, keeping an eye on odd to make sure he doesn't pass out*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 pm » Oddmund leans forward as they go, muttering old bits of stage lines.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 pm » Rain: *catches a catnap while she can*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:55 pm » The trip back is uneventful, the ride almost nondescript. Everyone's tired and the moments seem to run together.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:55 pm » Oddmnd looks out to see if the carts there. "Well, good thing that is work. Second plan was pretend tobe officer tao. I hear its popular as a tactice."
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm » Slays:*following*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm » Rain: *follows*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 pm » Oddmund will bow, and gesture for the others to go with him while he leaves... but he stops and turns. "Oh! Um. Yeah, been... but theres supposed to be a secret passage under here...? Well anyhow. tommorow. After sleep." And then he walks back out.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 pm » ((Guess we won't be needing those pokeballs after all))
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 pm » Rain: *hopes the carriage is still there*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 pm » He nods. "If what you are saying is true, then I am entrusting the safety of my city to you and yours. Get some rest."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm » Oddmund will, tucking it into his pocket. "Sorry for wakin' you, sir."
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 pm » He has someone bring him a quill and scroll and writes out new orders on it, and then hands them to which ever member of the party will take them
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:46 pm » Oddmund nods a little- the fires drained out of him,and he seems... weary, and tired, but faintly triumphant. "Thanks, sir. I appreci'ate it." he says, bowing a little. "We'll do our best."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:45 pm » "I will ensure that tomorrow you are given new orders, and give you a written copy tonight as proof as well, that you go in my name to investigate this Silver Lining. However, before tomorrow, consider your employer as ordering you and yours to get what sleep you can."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:44 pm » He laughs. "That is no major problem. I had planned for her to be present with me tomorrow during the discussion and then later with the dinner as well. It'll be good for her to learn, and people like seeing her."
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 pm » "...which is why I'm sorry that I have to tell you one last thing, and I literally can only say: I know this cause of... wierd star magic. Ya gotta keep Fujio close to you for a while. Not fer her sake alone, but yours."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 pm » Oddmund nods firmly. "That would be fine, s'r.... I appreciate your trust. I know we'r havin to deliver without much in the way of evidence; and in the curr'nt political climate, if we're wrong, it won't be good for y'."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:39 pm » "Until their premises are found and a connection between them and the demon is found, or until I find other incriminating evidence"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:38 pm » "The theater troop I will need formal proof of before I can judge any man within it a murderer, but I will not allow them entry to the castle tomorrow, and will detain them when they arrive."
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:38 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:37 pm » The Duke closes his eyes and sighs. "Then, under the circumstances, I will trust your word. If I give your commander specific orders to have you investigate this Silver Lining and ensure that it is no longer a threat, would you be willing to carry those orders out? "
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 pm » ((Ohhh.))
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 pm » (Not for the demon fight, nope. But for talking toSprout and reading the book, yes)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 pm » (yes)
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 pm » ((Rain wsn't present there, was she?))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 pm » Oddmund rubs his face. "I feel like you are taking things I'm not actualy *saying*... all I know is all I can trade on is being loyal, and honest, and working on this case we were HIRED to investigate. Havin' s be officialy turned aside from it to be put where no one can see us is bad enough, I just figgered youd take us seriously." He looks up. "Th' bloody silver bloody lining. The stupid thing everyone and their uncle is looking for right now, and why that poor man was killed."
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 pm » Rain: *bows to the Duke* I, for one, would be willing to have a truth charm cast on me, if it would set your mind at ease.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 pm » The Duke yawns again, but looks very serious. "If there is a dead demon on top of the roof of a building I would believe that to be proof enough of much of your story. I know not of any "superweapon" beneath the city, but that someone has been summoning demons within my city unbound would be enough to be concerned about merely by itself.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:32 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 pm » The Duke sighs. "My apologies. We are tired and our tones reflect that." He folds his arms. "I will speak with Fujio on this in private later. On matters concerning her I would prefer not to discuss them with too many people present. Regarding the other things you've brought forward to me, however..."
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm » Rain: Plus, the superweapon? That comes from the murder victim's writings, and from someone he tried to hire as a bodyguard. *tone still mild*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 pm » Oddmund straightens up, still buzzing with indignation at being accused of making up stories.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 pm » Mikan: What Rain said.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 pm » Oddmund looks... frustrated. "All I know is I came to this city to find a murderer! I probably know who the murderer is! Someone has since pushed us off of actively investigating and dealing with this, which if that was the plan, Im not sure why I spent time in a house sinking into the mud giving myself a panic attack."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm » "Because no!" he waves ha hands. "I dont have anything else to say in proof! I took her on her word! I trusted the chancellor till I realized he hadnt told anyone ELSE about this, because someone came to get her! Shall we move on to accusing me of kidnapping her? "
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm » Rain: Plus, there still may be a demon's corpse on the theater roof. *mildly*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm » Oddmund stares. "...Well. You can call Fuji back in here, since I am reporting something YOUR NEICE told to ME with o prompting."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm » "And if the Chancellor sent Fujio out on her own, alone, into the city during such a time, without any form of protection, then I think I will have to question at least his judgement, if not his motives."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm » "Oddmund, while I trust you, I feel it would hardly be wise of me to believe what seems to sound like one of your more fantastical plays merely by one's word alone. Can you present me with any proof of what you're claiming?"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm » "All I said is that he sent Fuu to spend the day with me, and I dont know why, but Fuu said he seemed worried. That is literaly what FUU said to ME. I didnt say anything else about him."
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 pm » Oddmund rubs his forhead a little. "Whuh? No, I dont think hes doin nothin bad... when did I say that?"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 pm » Fujio looks sullen and turns, then walks off. The Duke watches to make sure she's left, and then turns back to Oddmund. "These are very serious allegations you're making. And ones that would lead me to be questioning, among other things, one of my closest and most trusted advisors."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:23 pm » "Now."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm » Mikan: Well the demon guy can mind control folks. That's a thing.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm » Fujio looks astonished. "But-"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm » The Duke blinks. "Fujio? Go to your chambers."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm » "Or maybeh I did. I havent slept tnight~"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 pm » Oddmund blinks. "Oh yeh? I might notta known bout the mind control."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 pm » Mikan: You forgot the mind control.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 pm » "Ullo, duke! Yer chancellor told Fuji to come sneak out to spend th day with me, posisbly fer an indefinite period of time, wi' some kinda dire portent! Whassat about? Oh also we think we found a superweapon under th caste, a demon summoning murderer is runing a theater troupe whats coming to perform for you tommorow, someone transferred uf off the murder case into gaurding a diplomat from thorns and... uh..." he trails off, thinking.... "Am I missin somethin? I mentioned th silver linin might be 'neath th' castle, right? Oh! And I need you to keep Fujio by you fer like... a week. Hard t splain why."
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm » Fujio steps forward. "Da- Uncle, please listen to what O-rwar and his friends have to say! There's something rather concerning going on."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm » Oddmund waves at him cheerfully, yawning a little himself because its really catching.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 pm » Duke: "Fujio... Master Oddmund... all of you... I do not wish to take offense, but what is the meaning of this?"
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 pm » Slays:*hanging back, not wearing his usual bell*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 pm » ((awwwwwwwww~))
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm » The Duke is flanked by 4 guards, two on either side, wearing matching outfits. At the immediate moment his presence is quite counter to his political position: the man is dressed in what appears to be a fine terrycloth robe, hastily wrapped and tied around his frame. His hair is an atrocious mix of bed-hair and untamed tangles, and his mustache is showing signs of needing maintance before he'd be seen in public. It's also rather odd that he seems to be carrying a small stuffed bear with two golden stones sewn into it's eyes. He stifles a yawn as he looks out at each of you
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm » Rain: *quiet*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm » Slays: *nods thankfully to odd*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm » .
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 pm » Mikan: *bodyguard-ish*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 pm » Oddmund waves Slays up to them, takes off his raincoat, and puts it around Slays shoulders*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 pm » Slays: *following Odd, not trying to hide at this point. slightly soaked and embarassed*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm » Fujio: *Quietly beaming*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm » Oddmund smiles at Fuji. "That was good." he says, with audible pride.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm » The guard looks at Fujio, then back at Oddmund, and then turns and goes into the palace. After about ten minutes another guard returns and tells you all that you're permitted inside and that the Duke will see you now.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 pm » "He will if *I* ask too. Go get my Uncle."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm » Mikan: *following along*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm » It's at this point that Fujio finally speaks up.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm » Oddmund: *has Fuji hold onto his elbow*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm » The guard looks at Oddmund. "I don't know if the Duke would be willing to consent to an audience this late..."
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm » Slays:*slightly embarassed, but still following along.*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 pm » Slays, you're noticed as you follow the carriage, but the guard driving it is the same guard who saw you before, and doesn't really seem concerned. You do have to run a bit to keep up.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 pm » Slays:*stealth...y?(only 2 successes)*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:06 pm » Rain: *sticks with Odd*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:06 pm » ((Ahh, okay, I was confused.))
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 pm » (True, but the guard figured he'd at least offer in case the others didn't want to follow. Also bear in mind he probably doesn't know the full extent of Oddmund's relationship wiht the duke)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm » ((This being what Oddmund said he was going to do, many times, to the gaurd...?))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm » Oddmund shakes his head. "Ahm walkin the Princess in, and talkin to the Duke, even if hes asleep. Or the Chancellor." he takes Fujios arm in his hand, and looks firm.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:03 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:03 pm » As the group steps outside, the rain pours. The deluge which only started a few hours ago seems otherwise so very unlike a storm: almost no wind to speak of, a lack of thunder or lightning or hail, and the rain is quite warm. It's almost as if the sky is crying. Fujio, usually quite spunky, just looks at the floor of the carriage the entire trip. When asked why she's gotten so silent, she just shifts uncomfortably and mumbles about how "It feels like this is the last time she'll ever see any of you, even though she knows it won't be." And, after all that tension and foreshadowing, it seems oddly anti-climactic to say that absolutely nothing else of interest or relevance happens during the trip. The carriage gets to the palace unmolested and the guard leaves with Fujio. The friendly, if stiff, guard offers to have the same carriage drive you all back, which he figures would be helpful since the rain doesn't seem to be letting up.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 pm » ((Anyone whos sort of forced themselves awake, especialy while studying, I am sure knows the slightly manic state of mind Oddmund is in. This is being sleepy, and also essence use))
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:58 pm » Oddmund: *AWAKE NOW. sooo awake. Sooo awake*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:58 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:58 pm » yep
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:58 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:57 pm » Yes.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 pm » Yeah, pretty much
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 pm » Alright. So everyone's worked out what they're doing?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:55 pm » Incidentaly, Oddmunds jacket looks like this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltn9e ... o1_500.png
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:55 pm » Mikan: *hefts mace* So I'll come along.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm » Mikan: *blinks* Everything's so weird tonight I don't expect to sleep anyway.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 pm » Poor Fuji.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 pm » Fujio looks a bit confused, but signs and goes along with it
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:52 pm » Oddmund smiles at Slays a little, and is too tired to not go a decent pink shade.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm » Rain: I'll go.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:50 pm » Slays: You already know my answer. *matter of fact*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:50 pm » Misa: Stay. *winks*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:49 pm » Oddmund kisses Fujis head, takes off his rain hat (which was over hsi helmet) and puts it on her. "Am sorry. <3 But this is important. Not for city, but for your Uncle. This time, you are saving him. Trust O-rawr." he looks back at the rest. "Stay and go is voluntary. Orders: THose staying be gtting rest, those going are for accompanying me. Sound off now: Stay or go. In morning, we will make other plans based on what is found tonight."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm » That way no one's sleep is interrupted THAT much.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm » Rain: Um...just you and her, Sarge? Orders?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm » He says that if it helps, he'll see to it they get a carriage from the palace to take anyone coming to deliver Fujio back.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm » The guard nods. Fujio looks a bit confused and frusterated, clearly expecting that she was staying rather than leaving, but doesn't protest.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm » Misa: Totes his thing. Except for all the times he doesn't do it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 pm » His eyes are, although he is not aware of this, his eyes are temporarily a amber hue. He bounces forward, and grabs Fujis shoulder. "Right! Buck up. We're goin' back to yer uncle, Foo~ You kin sleep over before we are leaving, yes? Yes. Come on- Mister gaurd, it helps if you are thinking of me as an dramatic idiot. Less questions. You could use a better raincoat. Lets be going~"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 pm » Guard Guy: That was unusually dramatic. So is card flipping that guys' THING, or...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:44 pm » Misa: Huh.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:44 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 pm » He crouches, and caaaarefully picks up the jack of Spacdes- trying not to touch the ground- and tucks it into the band on his hemet. He turns, takes a deep breaths, and turns around to the group as he breaths- eyes opening with a seemingly fresh crackle of energy.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 pm » Oddmunds ears suddenly shoot up into the air- first one, then the other.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 pm » Oddmund: .... *rubs his forhead in the pause, looking up into the air*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 pm » But in this, as Oddmund flipped the card into the air, there was... nothing. It's almost as if the card itself didn't work. But what fell to the ground as Odd flipped it was NOT the card he flipped, but instead a small playing card, the Jack of Spades. (Or, if you'd prefer, insert mundane playing card from the world of Creation there instead.) But after a few moments...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 pm » Ok. Previously, when someone has used a card there's been some sort of grandiose display somewhere along the lines. With Slays it was specific to him, so no one else really noticed it, but when Rain used her card previously the summoning of her father was monumental.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:36 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm » Woo~
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm » Oddmund closes his wide, sometimes slightly alien eyes, folds hsi ears down,s waying faintly on his sandals, and waits for the answer. He is tired, and as his hair shifts faintly, he can feel the faint shift of creation under him.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm » Alright. Give me a moment... using a card is always a narrative-changer and this will require a bit of writing
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm » Yes. I'd preffer if it be implied 'not at the expense of the city, friends, or innocent deaths', but so farno literal genie monkeying has been done.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm » (So that's the goal Oddmund is stating?)
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 pm » (pfffffff)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 pm » ((Edited out: "an if th answer is lock em in a cupboard, Ill clothspin you to a bike spoke'))
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 pm » He draws the Star, and flicks it face up. "I want to keep the Princess and the Duke safe." he says firmly, and flicks the magic token up into the air.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm » (A card, eh?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm » (Wait, if anyone was going to be Kaiba I thought it'd be Slays)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm » (got any threes?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm » ((Its the blue eyes white dragon! I kid.))
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm » Rain: It's that or knock out the guard...she doesn't want to go, and the Chancellor sent her to you for a reason. You know we'll back you whatever you do.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm » Okay, Oddmund is going to turn away from the gaurd- and if possible, everyone around him, and reach into his pockets, pulling out a card
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm » (back)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm » Oddmund: ...*thinks hard*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 pm » Rain: *So only he can hear* Send the guard on ahead to the carriage, maybe princess has to tinkle or something. Then, send out whichever one of us is about her height, wearing the helm,wrapped up in a cloak from the cold and rain. With you. They ask, she doesn't feel safe revealling herself un til she's safely back. She's tired, sleeps in the carriage. When you get there and it's found out it's not her, then you get to sort it out with the Duke, the Chancellor, or whoever. Maybe?
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm » brb
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm » he also literaly tilts a ear up.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm » Oddmund nods to rain,a nd steps aside.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 pm » Rain: Sarge? A word in your ear?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 pm » Oddmund: ...*rubs forhead* Its VERY late, expecting to keep up with bilinguality is a lot. *grumblegrumblr* Is tying to track forward time, and I am too tired to explain that! Go, lets.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm » Misa: *sighs*
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:22 pm » Guard: I... appreciate that you're talking in an oddly stilted manner for some reason and probably need some sleep, so I'll let that slide, but you DO know I'm supposed to bring her back regardless, right? I mean, if it comes to phyiscal blows all of you could probably subdue me, but I have orders and I do need to follow them. Her staying here was never really an option. I just felt it would be rude to interrupt.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 pm » Oddmund: ... *paffs Fuji on shoulder* I change mind. Stay. You, gaurd, you seen her here, seen she is safe? I will be blunt: Chancellor told her go out. Go out with me, who has saved liniage of city once. I go, get yelled at, get.... so on. We go now."
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:20 pm » Fujio: *Smiles at everyone, a bit sadly* And... I have 'sponsibilities, right? I'll go. Get some rest, everyone. And if you need a favor, I'll help if I can.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm » Oddmund nods a little, and shrugs. "Cannot say. Future is opaque. Also, captain of gaurd always dislike me. He is seeing he monster beneath my skin; or maybe I think he think. But maybe you have instincts. You feel city through spirit; if it say stay stay."
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm » Rain: *sticks her tongue out at Misa*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:18 pm » Misa: *shrugs* Ain't like it hasn't happened before... Hey, stop stealing my lines!
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:18 pm » Rain: *smiles at Fujio* Heh, like we aren't used to people being mad at us.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:17 pm » Fujio thinks for a few moments, frowning. "I... don't want to go. But if I stay here there's going to be more problems, aren't there? I don't want to get the guard mad at all of you...
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:16 pm » @Rain: Yes, there is a carriage. It's marked with the insignia of the Duke, a large red serpent coiling in a circle.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:15 pm » Rain: *looks out the door-can she see a carriage?*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm » Oddmund: Nuthin. *rubs his forhead* But if true gaurd would not SAY because... *muttermuttermutter* ....*ears go down* Forgive. O-rawr is very tired. Fuji, you rather stay? Rain, Misa, X-ie, all very capable. Choice is yours. Is strange night.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 pm » Ok... if he is lying, he's good at it. Rain doesn't notice anything that would give him away for telling falsehoods: no obvious tells, no nervous mannerisms, no tics or twitches.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 pm » Fujio: The weather's always a bit random, O-Rwar. I think that's why they named the city Storm's Break...
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm » 10,5,3,3 (2 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm » Guard: The Silver what now?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm » (Sorry)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm » (Er, yes. Wits + Awareness)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 pm » (Wait, isn't it attribute +ability? )
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm » Oddmund: ...*rubs his forhead* Someonehas to the silver lining been.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm » (Rolling)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm » (You can make a perception + wits check to see if he's lying, but you don't need to make a perception check to see that he's somewhat wet. I said he was being rained on when he entered)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm » Guard: There's clouds NOW, but they seem like they came out of nowhere, yes.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm » (perception roll, to see if he should be that soaked, and if he's lying?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm » (Well... he's wearing armor, which doesn't get WET in the conventional sense, but the bits of clothing you guys see DO look pretty wet)
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm » Oddmund: ... Out of clear sky?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm » *to our*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm » Oddmund: ...*ears both perk intensely up* .....
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm » (Z? Does it look like he'd be that soaked justwalking from a carriage o olur door?)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm » Guard: Have you seen how much it's raining out there? It came out of nowhere, too. Earlier this evening there wasn't a cloud in the sky...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm » Oddmund: Oooh. Night Watch, eh? We pulled a shift on that in some town.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm » Misa: It's raining really hard?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm » Rain: ...If you have a carriage waiting, why are you soaked to th skin?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:06 pm » Fujio: *Sullen, but not protesting*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:06 pm » Guard: We have a carriage waiting and I need to head back to report back in. I'm on the night shift.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:06 pm » Rain: Aye aye,Sarge.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:05 pm » Oddmund: *tired. Forgetting grammar. Jettisoning unimportant vocal inflections*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:05 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:05 pm » Oddmund: *I* need sleep. *ears fltten, then raise, as he takes a deep breath* Right. Misa volunteered. Zixin killed a demon, is exemt from needing to be doing things. Rain? Am wanting you with us, as group. Gaurd from palace, why won't *you* stay here. We take your badge, you get to stay out of rain with hot tea.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:04 pm » Zixin: *sleepin* ....shrapnel... *zzzzz*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:04 pm » Rain: *big yawn*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:03 pm » Misa: *has a 'don't question my logic look on her face*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:03 pm » Misa: Of course we do. Some of us need sleep, after all.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:02 pm » Oddmund: ... I don't like it either, Foo. Stay close to me. Grab me if things go south, right? *to Rain* ... I dunno, do we ave a reason for anyone t' stay behind? *rubs forhead*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:02 pm » Misa: You can stay here with me. *plops in front of the fire*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 pm » Rain: Do I stay here or come along?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm » Rain: Sarge?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm » Slays:*waiting until everyone's left the building*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm » Fujio: *Sitting up* Aw, O-rwar... I don't like this...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 pm » Oddmund puts on a rain jacket he has, and a wide brimmed wooden hat of the kind you find in the far east of the continent. "Cmon, Foo. I aint foolin. Rulership means considerin th' panic possible in hidin. Object lession in cuttin t' th' quick of a moment time."
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm » (Guard: *Secretly Moriarty*)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm » Rain: *glances over at Oddmund*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm » (Obviously, this means he's plotting!)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm » During this timeframe the Guard is entirely tactful and doesn't do anything disruptive. For once, it seems, someone may be on the level.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm » Misa: *chuckles* We'll have to see.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 pm » Oddmund heads back out to the main room, and shakes Fujis shoulder. "Cmon. We're gonna go talk t th duke, right? M' not just handin ya off."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm » Mikan: *nods, and takes the kettle off before tamping the flames* Sounds like a plan then. I'll be nice and loud. *sleepy smile*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm » Oddmund: Deal.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm » Misa: *shrugs* I'd rather not be around when he figures out his badge is missing... so I'll follow discretely.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:55 pm » Slays:*nods* If Mikan will be there I'll remain hidden unless it becomes necissary
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:55 pm » Oddmund: C'm long if y wanna. *smiles* If it goes bad... well.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:54 pm » Mikan: How about me?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:54 pm » Oddmund: Howe'vr your comofortable. I dun think its bad t be obvious, but Im... tired as blazes. *sigh* Cant we just go find th badguy an punch him in the heaf/
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 pm » Slays: Are me and misa coming along obviously or...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 pm » Oddmund: *nods* Okay, lets go. *stretches out* We can talk t' the duke, and everythin' ll be okay. Thass how authority figures work. Sort of.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 pm » Misa: I promise not to ask you to use it to get to stuff I dropped behind the bed. *smiles*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:51 pm » Misa: ...Ahh. Well, useful skill to have, even if it's just as a trump card. Hopefully, we don't got to use it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:51 pm » Oddmund: It hurts like *hell* so I hate doin' it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:50 pm » Oddmund: Eruh... ignore... that... creatins real? It means I kin go through stuff... is' how I saved her from assasin'atin years ago...
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 pm » Misa: I mean, my plan was just to bluff that I'm/someone's part of the guard, complete with shiny new badge, and get her out of there...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm » Misa: ...What her out?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm » Oddmund: *rubs his eyes* Thats a good idea. Okay. Less do that. An if things go bad, I kin [unitelligable] her out...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 pm » Misa: Well... we could bring her back, talk things out, and then... I don't know, take her away again? If things don't seem to be safe, obviously...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm » Slays:*nods* I think me and misa should both shadow you. inc ase things go badly. Mikan and Rain will be able to guard here.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm » [wave]
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm » Oddmund: But if I go, I kin explain... An I wanted to talk to th duke either way... no matter wh', Im goin.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm » Slays: If she doesn't go back there'll be a panic... *thinking* in either case I'll shadow you back. just in case
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm » Misa: Hmm... well, I think I already said I've got my suspicions about the captain of the guard. And besides, we've got an extra tool, if you need it... *spins the guards badge in her fingers*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm » Oddmund: ... I go back wi him, *new trainee* stays here?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm » Oddmund rubs his face, making a low key grumbling noise* M not smart enouh' for this righ now.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm » Misa: *walking in, hands in pockets* So... what's the plan?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm » Oddmund: He seems legit, and I dont think he up to nuffin, but I dont know if whos givin him commands innit... Or maybe just uniformed? But why wouldnt the chancellor tell anyone, r... if he knows somethin, then...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm » *nods* I think so.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm » Resume your conversation.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm » The guard is sipping his tea.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm » Rain's staying put and Zixin's asleep.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm » Ok. So Odd is joined by Slays, Misa after a few moments, and Mikan from what I'm seeing?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm » Misa: *follows Odd out, smiling to herself*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:38 pm » Rain: *staying by Guard*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm » Misa: *Will follow odd after a moment with the guard*
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm » Zixin: *is actually asleep*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm » The Guard is not following.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm » Ok. So I need to check really quickly. Who is following Odd and who is staying in this room? To clarify, Fujio is still faking "asleep"
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm » Slays: ...and just one guard to return her home. It's not the safest decision.
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 pm » ((Sorry, having trouble focusing...))
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 pm » Mikan: *is also by Fujio, but will go brew more tea if they run low*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 pm » Oddmund looks at Slays/whoever is there. "M' a bit conflicted. Th' Chancellor sent her, she says, but if th Duke din know, and th gaurd r gonna panic... *unsure*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 pm » Misa: *helps him get a refill*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 pm » *unless she sees Fujio get up and follow Oddmund*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 pm » Rain: *doesn't want to leave Guard in the same room alone with Fujio if everyone else is leaving the room, so stys by the stove with the Guard,*
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 pm » Guard: *Takes a sip of tea*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:32 pm » Slays:*follows*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm » Fujio: *Is so TOTALLY asleep*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm » Oddmund turns to the others and gives them a quick questioning look, ficking his eyes from the gaurd, to Fujis sleeping form, and then walks into another room in the gaurdhouse (or the back, if theres only one room.)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm » Oddmund gestures at himself. "Well, yanno, descisions bein made... aint the first time fer me, ay? Anyhow, lemme just clear it wi' my mates."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:28 pm » He winces. "Better you folks than me. No offense, but that dame from Thorns creeps me out."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:27 pm » Oddmund sighs, and scratches his head. "Yeah, I feel you- I mean, us, right? Were suppoed to be doin this *murder* case, and where do they have us? Escortin diplomats from *thorns*. Slap in the face, eya?"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm » The guard shrugs. "I don't know if they did or not. I didn't know what was going on until I got my orders. I'm supposed to be watching the envoy from Teal's Outcry right now."
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm » Slays:*already planning on shadowing them back to the palace*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:25 pm » Oddmund nods ambiably. "Yeh? Didja ask th' chancellor bout that?"
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:25 pm » .
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:23 pm » He looks over at Oddmund. "I suppose I wouldn't mind an escort. I was the only person we could spare at this late hour."
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 pm » "Our apologies if she's been interfering with your jobs. We didn't know until a routine check on her and her uncle tonight. The Chancellor's been so busy he apparently forgot to tell us she never showed up."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 pm » Oddmund laughs a little, scratching his head. "Oh, aye? Well sensible fellah, mate. Never a good idea tuh be panickin, right? M I in trouble wi the duke?"
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 pm » .
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm » .
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm » He sits down and thanks Rain for the tea. "The Princess disappeared earlier today, never showing up for her lesson in Law with the Chancellor. Rather than launch a large scale manhunt for her, however, the Captain of the Guard suggested we visit her traveling friend who was in town and see if she was here first before anyone did anything that might seem like panicking."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 pm » Oddmund offers the gaurd a towel. "Spposin I could walk back witcha, mate? Aint like no one never got in trouble fer an extra gaurd comin along~"
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 pm » (Err... ignore that. Sorry. Posted too soon)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 pm » He sits down and thanks Rain for the tea. "Guard Guy
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 pm » Rain: *smiles, leads Guard to the stove, keeping his eyes away from the bunks* Come on, dry off and have some tea. *pours him a cup without waiting for an answr*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm » Fujio at this point has her head down on the desk and is feigning sleep, with the guard's helmet that she was wearing over her head.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm » (Only one guard that you can see)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm » The guard looks at Misa with the look of someone whose used that same excuse before and recognises it, and then turns to Oddmund and steps inside if he's allowed to. He presents his badge, showing the insignia of Storm's Break on it, similar to Oddmund's but less ornate or fancy.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:14 pm » Slays:*suspicious*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:14 pm » (One guard, or more?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 pm » Oddmund: ... *flips down to the ground, and tips his hat* Ullo, fellas. Cin I see some documentation? Oy, yer soaked! Cmon, comon in while yeh get it, we;ll do ya a tea.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 pm » (Art done by the awesome Sarah, by the way)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 pm » Misa: ...You'll have to talk to my supervisor about that. I dont' know anything above my paygrade, you know?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 pm » Fujio: ...!
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 pm » Guard: Pardon me, but I have orders to pick up the Princess, since she'll need to be at the palace tomorrow with her uncle.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:11 pm » Standing outside the door in the rain that started about a half an hour ago isa Royal Guard of Storm's Break, looking wet and somewhat miserable. This is one of the first times the group has seen one of his ilk, since they've largely been guarding the various diplomatic groups from the other countries during your time here.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:10 pm » Zixin: *couch cushion over his head*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » Oddmund: *snnnooozzzz* ? *ear fwips up* Huh ? Wh? M?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » Rain: *waits behind Misa, then. ^^*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » Misa: *helps Rain with the door*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » Slays: ...?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm » Misa: *is unofficial door answerer person*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 pm » Rain: *walks towards the door*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 pm » Rain: ? At this time of night?
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 pm » It's at this point that there's a knocking on the door.
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm » Zixin: *already asleep*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm » *passed*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm » Rain: It means a sleepless night, but I'd suggest some strong tea and a trip to sneak around the catacombs tonight. *sighes* At least we've past on the warning about Mal...
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm » That too
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm » And oddmund passed out onto his self sacrafice plan.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 pm » Aaaanyways... previously on Exalted, the night was getting late, and the group was debating about what to do tomorrow. They had suspicions that something was going to happen during Mal and his "Theater Troupe"'s performance at the Palace tomorrow during the meal the Duke was hosting for both the envoys from Lookshy and Chiascurio, but they were also under orders from Contessa, who had been ordered by your employer, to guard the Diplomatic Ambassador from Thorns at the same time tomorrow. And amidst all this, there's the name of "The Silver Lining" which is apparently an object of power, if the book you translated is anything to go on. Slays used his hermit card to find out where it could be found, and discovered it's hidden beneath the catacombs under the palace, in the ruins of a solar bunker the city was built over.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 pm » Shun:*taught Desus how to focus well!*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm » *snrk*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:01 pm » Sarge: Bwiiii! *You win THIS round, Son of Shun!*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:01 pm » (And I insist you use the line 'Those meddling Bundoks!' i9n game sometime.)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:00 pm » Alright :)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm » (Z? That was perfect.)
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm » oh shoot, I need my notes. One moment
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm » Ellis: Peep. *wondering if THIS is ssxp*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » The DM: THE WINNER! *Holding up Desus' talon*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » Sarge: *Pounces at it*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » The DM: *Throws a shiny stone past the two dragon's line of sight*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » ...
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » The DM: Well, let's see. I got my dice back from the tiny cat girl with the sword in return for a ruby, got the Wyld Hunt off my back by pointing them in the direction of a few corrupt gods, brought the core systems of Sal Maneth back online, supplied evidence proving to Inspector Tao that it was Old Man Withers all along, appeased the local gods with a harvest dance, scared the Jingoistic Raksha off my lawn by threatening them with science, resolved the tea biscuit dispute between various Dragon Blooded houses, broke the trade embargo around Lookshy, and escaped those meddling Bundoks. So I guess the second there's a winner of the Jade Dragon Staring Contest Semi-Finals we can start.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm » Hello, folks.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:56 pm » I'm doing alright
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:56 pm » How're you all?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 pm » heyas wally and kate
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 pm » Hi, peoples.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 pm » Hey Kate!
Kate « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:52 pm » Allo.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:50 pm » *pokes head in*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:50 pm » It's cool.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:49 pm » getting a drink and then I'll be here.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:46 pm » Hey Snail!
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:45 pm » heyas
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 pm » Allo.
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:39 pm » Hey Demo
Demothesis « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:38 pm » heyas Z
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:31 pm » Desus: *Can keep this up all day since neither of them have to blink*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:30 pm » Sarge: *Will never give up!*
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:30 pm » *Looks over and sees Desus and Sarge still glaring at each other* ...right. I forgot I can't start the game until the Jade Dragon Staring Contest Semifinals are resolved...
Zobot257 « Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:30 pm » *Setting up DM's Screen*
Snail « Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 am » Yep! :D:D:D
Snail « Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:24 pm » *hugs website*
Snail « Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm » Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Snail « Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm » It's back!
Jane Narbon « Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 am » :D
Sarah McLaren « Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 am » Hihih!
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 pm » I'm here
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:25 pm » .... darn it, late again
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 pm » G'night, Z.
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm » http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... 99369.html
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm » I'm going to bed, but I'll leave you wtih this odd link:
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:32 pm » THanks!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:31 pm » and logs posted
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:31 pm » At last things are starting to fall into place
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:31 pm » Yus~
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm » Definitely :)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm » Yep!
chicgeek « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm » (yep! ^.^)
Zobot257 « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 pm » (Did people have fun?)
Kate « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (yeah, I think this is a good stopping point)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm » (That sounds good to me)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Campaign 3: Those Guards
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 pm 
Offline
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 132
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm » You can keep asking questions, sure.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm » Not I.
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm » (can I keep asking questions? I had to re-read Desmond's statements a bunch and lost time)
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm » Good game. <3
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm » Anyone have the logs?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm » Goodnight,Demo!
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm » Goodnight!
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm » Night, Demo!
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm » Oddmund: *really really scared but hes FASTER and STRONGER like that really really scared but it could mean so much*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm » (ok, been fun folks, but I need to get to bed. g'night everybody.)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 pm » .
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:35 pm » Zixin: *NOT A STARCHILD* *MEEP*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 pm » Rain:....Starchild?*looks puzzled,then shrugs*
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 pm » Oddmund leans his head towards Mikan, and wordlessly nods.
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 pm » Mikan: Does it involve the eh... *gestures at hair, then eyes, standing on tiptoes*
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 pm » *dangers of the lab of the sun kings
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:32 pm » Oddmund: ... How big around are th' tunnels of th' maze? Cause... I *could* carry... quite a few people... wi' one... method......
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:32 pm » Desmond smiles at Zixin. "Little Starchild, answering your questions is an honor. Being buried does not inhibit it at all, to my knowledge. I don't understand fully how it works, but the sun kings could use it to control weather patterns throughout any part of creation. The dangers I spoke of, aside from the Silver Lining's unstable behavior, are the dangerous of the lab of the Sun Kings. Old experiments may be down there, presenting dangers. I know that they studied the makeup of demons and beings from outside Creation there... as well as gods."
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 pm » (Alright.)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30 pm » (Rickshaw!)
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm » (Alright. We're going to be ending once this scene is over, since Demo has to work tomorrow, but I'll still be around if anyone needs questions, like Zixin's most recent one, answered from Desmond, and stuff. Just letting you know that we're winding down)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm » (RainOOC: We could allpilein a cart...)
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm » ((hehehehe))
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm » (Pfff.)
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm » Zixin: *indoor lightning seems bad*
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm » Zixin: *pokes fingers together* I was just thinking about it for a while... does being buried inhibit its process? ...were the dangers you mentioned lightning-related?
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm » (...well, I do NOW)
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm » Desmond looks at Mikan. "A backup plan? I suppose it would be to go myself, or to tell the Duke and his men. Unlike most of the lesser gods I cannot leave this place so easily. It would take me weeks to gather up my full power from this sanctum and relocate."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm » (Okay,anyone else have the mentalimage of Odd running all out,and the otherson skateboards behind him,being towed by a rope?^^)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm » .
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm » Oddmund: *beams* Zixins smart as a wagon fulla grad students. Maybe two."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm » .
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm » Desmond looks at Zixin. "...if you know enough to ask that question, then disabling it is not beyond you, I'm sure. And it works by affecting local weather patterns directly."
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:26 pm » Zixin: ...and does the weather control machine work by affecting the local area directly, or through fate?
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 pm » Zixin: ...how much experience?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 pm » Misa: Well, like Mikan said, Zix knows a lot of stuff.
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm » Zixin: ...meep?
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm » Mikan: Bet Zix could do it.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm » Desmond nods at Misa. "If you do not know someone with experience working the ancient tools of the sun kings it may be wise to seek one with those skills out."
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm » Misa: Ahhh... yeah, otherwise it might blow up the city?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm » Slays:*was going with odd anyway, pretty sure odd already knew*
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm » Oddmund: *dislikes it, but doesnt want to have to argue...*
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm » Oddmund: ...alright.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm » Rain: *quietly* Plus,perhaps he may havemoreto tell us...
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm » Desmond looks at Misa. "Ah! I had forgotten. Well, the Silver Lining is an ancient machina... There's a special ritual to formally activate it and seize control of it's power, but to ensure that it cannot be activated at all, you need to cut it off from its source of power. This is.. part of why I was apprehensive in entrusting this to you. The ancient sun kings made great machines, and understanding them enough to take them apart safely can be... difficult for anyone who is not them."
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 pm » Mikan: That's smart.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 pm » (HATE my spacebar)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 pm » Rain: Why don't we goto the river together? Wedon'tknowif he can help anyof us,allofus,one of us...then we'd know how manyhave togo by wayof the catacoms?
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:19 pm » Oddmund: ...*craks a small smile* Iffin one or two folks insist on foin with me, I know some folks what I can't be tellin *not* to do so. *will take down the directions.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm » Misa: And Odd, is it alright if I go with you? We need at least someone to watch your back
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm » Mikan: ...Do you have a backup plan, if we do fail?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm » Rain:Odd?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm » Misa: How do we keep the thing from activating?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm » Rain: I don't.Does anyone else? *turns to Desmond,bows* Thank you.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm » Oddmund: ...But ah wont be able to go either way. *take sout his note-paper* I'm getting the catacomb directions and goin to the palace.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 pm » Rain: Let's take time togoto the river,on the chance he can help. If we hurry,wewon'tlose much time.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 pm » Desmond: Do you have any further questions for me?
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm » (Any body of water would do, but it'd be EASIER at the River, since that's his portfolio normally)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm » (Since the waters may be connected?)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm » (Would we need to be by the river to try to pray/talk to the river god?Or would the spring do?)
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm » Oddmund: *rubs his chin*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm » Rain: I don'tknow, Mikan. *serious answer* We'llhave to ask and see.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 pm » The Spring is in the castle: It's pretty close by. The river is to the east of the Noble district, which overlooks it. You can get there pretty quickly, but it's in the opposite direction of the castle.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 pm » Question-are we farfrom this spring? Are we far from the river?
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » Zixin: *meep*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » (CALVIN!Boy of Destiny!)
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » Oddmund: But like Mikan said- th river god should be helpin other folks goin in.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » Misa: We'll figure something out...
Kate « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » (I can see it XD)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » Rain:*sticks her tongue oput at Mikan*
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm » Oddmund: *nods* Pritty fast.
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » *snrk*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » Rain: Odd,could you carry someone with you and stillmovefast?
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » Mikan: No really, I wanna know what the river god could do to get us mere mort... er... not-Rains through the water path.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » DesmondOOC: Desmond! Des-mond! Des-des mond!
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » *snerk* I'm imagining him saying his own name, solemnly
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm » Oddmund: Well, then... I think two groups ave a better chance uh someone gettin there first. Ah kin go alone in th' catacombs, if need be- and NO arguin, I only want folks goin with me if the river aint an option.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:09 pm » Desmond will tell the group a route through the catacombs.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:09 pm » Desmond: *tilting his head* I do know the route, yes.
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm » (Er...sorry about that)
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm » Desmond: *Tilting its head* Desmond
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm » Oddmund: ...*considers* ... *to Desmond* Do you know th route through th catacombs? Ahm rull fast iffin Imnot matchin pace.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:05 pm » Rain: Well,we'll need to know the route through the catacombs,them. Odd? Should we split up,or stay together and take the longer route?
Snail « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm » Mikan: How?
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm » Oddmund nods to misa. "Yeh, two prong approach. Ah can't swim a lick. Not without a panic' attack."
Zobot257 « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm » Desmond shrugs. "That you would need to discuss with him."
FriendlyTroll « Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm » Oddmunds ears flatten. "Water... blessed five elements..."
W