Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Wei and Fuzzy miniquest!

Quote:
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 pm » *applauds*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 pm » Wheeeeeee!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 pm » Fuzzy: *turns into a bear* Gruf!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » heh, ok Miniquest over! Well done!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » Fuzzy: *turns into a human* Wheeee!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » EchoOOC: Thank you miss.~
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » Fuzzy: *turns into a Jackdaw* Caw!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » Wei: Good, good...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » Fuzzy: Eeee!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm » *Heeheehee... But, but... all my characters keep getting closer and closer to being Ed from Full metal alchemist*
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » DekaOOC: smart man
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » Echo: Yes you do, and yes you may
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » EchoOOC: Hey I'm a nice guy, but there are still political things that go on around here.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » Fuzzy: So I have a cast and stuff, now? And I can transform and stuff, right?
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » *we have some orichulmum pieces from the manse...No, don't do it, Wei!*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 pm » *snerk*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:46 pm » Echo: Very well then.*making sure a circle of Solars rely on me, success!*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:46 pm » Wei: Then, I'll come back to you... but for now, I'll aid Fuzzy in keeping us safe...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:46 pm » heh
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking... Plus, knowing Wei, he'd want to have it ready already... and possibly made of orichulmum...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Echo: But I'd suggest not asking another Elder... they'd choose for you and some will be quite... creative in what they pick
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Fuzzy: *fretfretfretfretfret*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Echo: Yes you may.
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm » OOCBaoshi: You know... pigmentation. Become an albino.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm » not sure you'd be able to pull it off currently though
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm » Wei: Ahh... And I may think on it, and come back to this later?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm » heh clever
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » WeiOOC: ...What, I'm just wondering... not going to make a mechanical leg or anything... nope...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » Colors, Baoshi?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » FuzzyOOC: I don't want him to lose ANY eyes!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » Echo: There should be one in the nearby village...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » DekaOOC: would trhe left eye count?
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm » BasoshiOOC: ...voice? See if he;ll accept losing your colors.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm » EchoOOC: Yes. And it's a stupid tradition.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm » FuzzyOOC: What is he DOING!? He still gets to follow me around and I'm gonna protect him and stuff WITHOUT him joining the Pact! What does he gain?!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm » Wei: ...Is there a forge nearby?
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm » DekaOOC: Painful?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm » EchoOOC: I always hate making this offer.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Fuzzy: ...if I let you lose a limb or something, then I'm not guarding you properly.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Fuzzy: *nods*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Fuzzy: But...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Echo: Her guardianship is over her friends, among which I'm sure she counts you. Just helping to defend them will allow you to help her. You can always choose later to join the silver pact.
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 pm » (plus it adds character)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 pm » Wei: ...True, I do like having all my limbs too... But... this is something I want to join you on...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:39 pm » Echo:... I am willing to push tradition that far.*small smile*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:39 pm » Fuzzy: I like you having all your limbs...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:39 pm » Fuzzy: ...Wei, I don't think this is really necessary.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm » Wei: ...and I would get to choose?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm » Echo: It is not a decision to make lightly.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm » Fuzzy: ...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm » Echo: A limb, your sight, or voice... things along those lines.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm » Wei: Ahh... And what would I have to sacrifice?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm » Fuzzy: Wei, you really don't have to join...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:36 pm » Echo: Any outside the silver pact must make a major personal sacrifice to join.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm » Wei: I can understand... What does that mean, though?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm » Echo:... I would like to say that you have more than demonstrated your willingness the silver pact. You placed the lives of Fuzzy and even Whisper above your own... But there are traditions that even one as willfull as I cannot aford to lightly cross...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 pm » Fuzzy: ?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 pm » Wei: Yes?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 pm » Echo: Now, Wei. Your request to join the silver pact.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 pm » Fuzzy: And ok...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm » Fuzzy: Is that better?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm » Echo: Now, I will ask Fang to act as your Foster. He is of the same caste as you and will be best able to explain things to you. *chuckles at the exchange*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm » Wei: ...That does sound pretty awesome... and kinda fits in, too.. *sticks his tongue back out at her* We'll still call you fuzzy, though
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 pm » Fuzzy: *sticks her tongue out at Wei* Winter Claw of the Fuzzy Paws, if it'd make you feel better.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 pm » Most Elders are going to look down on her for it though
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 pm » sure, you get to pick your own name.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 pm » (they're actually letting her pick Fuzzy?)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Wei: Oh, never mind...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Wei: ...I'm not sure that's long enough...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Echo: Very well then Fuzzy shall be your Lunar name, and you shall have guardianship over your friends. Will you serve as a steward of Luna under this title and goal?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Fuzzy: Fuzzy's really a nickname...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Fuzzy: Can I chose 'Fuzzy' as a name for -ouch!- myself? And take guardianship over my friends?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 pm » ManyVoices:*Last bit of tattooing*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 pm » Fuzzy: Yay! I think...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 pm » Echo: Very well then. Many Voices, please affix Fuzzy's caste as Full moon. and Fuzzy, you may choose a name for yourself, as well as something to take guardianship over.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 pm » Wei: *next to Fuzzy* You're plenty brave... and wise, too... though I'd go with brave too *trying to sound upbeat about it*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 pm » Fuzzy: So brave, I guess?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm » Fuzzy: I'm not really very wise at all...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm » Fuzzy: *shuffles her feet nervously*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm » Echo: You showed great Mettle in fighting me and the other disguised packmembers, but also great wisdom in seeing through the disguise... Do you think you are more wise or brave?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm » Wei: ...Hmm...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 pm » Fuzzy: Oh... ok...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 pm » Echo: Now I have to decide where you showed the most promise.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm » Echo: Fuzzy, you already took the tests. That encounter was all the tests in one.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm » Fuzzy: So what do I have to do?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:20 pm » Fuzzy: *turns into a human!* (1 point personal essence)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:20 pm » Echo: It was a test. and yes Fuzzy, human works best here. Every lunar is tested in 5 categories. Mettle, Succor, Glory, Cunning, and wisdom. To decide which Caste they should belong to.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 pm » Wei: Er... never mind, I'll wait...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 pm » Fuzzy: Should hy turn back into a human for dis?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm » Wei: *turns to Echo* So... What was the point of that?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm » Echo:*sits in front of fire* Now, we have to decide on your caste young Fuzzy.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm » Fuzzy: *can still carry Wei with the -1 penalty!*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm » Wei: It's nothing...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm » Fuzzy: Ya. *picks Wei up and carries him back to camp* Sorry about de blood...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm » Yay! Back at camp...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm » *back at camp!*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm » Wei: *is supported* Are you sure you don't need help?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm » Echo: Let's get everyone back to camp. We'll get you two fixed up and Fuzzy can get her Caste~
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm » Fuzzy: *supports Wei*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm » Fuzzy: *7 foot tall bear/human hybrid*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm » Echo:*very amused*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm » Echo: You two are so sweet!~
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:15 pm » Wei: *shakes his head* Oh, it's nothing... I mean, yeah, the rooms swimming a bit, and what not, but... *fretting about Fuzzy*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:15 pm » Echo: I made sure it wouldn't kill him~
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:15 pm » Fuzzy: *fretting about Wei*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm » Fuzzy: But he hit hyu so hard!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm » Fuzzy: Hy'm not really hurt... vell, maybe a little...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm » Wei: *completely ignoring his bashing damage*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm » Wei: Oh, goodness... *goes over to help Fuzzy* Geez... can you take care of the wounds?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 pm » Echo:*sees to Fuzzy's injuries. Stablized...(don't remember the rules on that...)*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 pm » Fuzzy: *3 points of lethal damage*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm » Fuzzy: *still feels bad* Hy should've said sometink vhen I noticed ...do hy need to do sometink about de bleeding?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm » Fang:*long suffering sigh*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm » Whisper: Wha?!*was not in on this*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm » Wei: ...I suppose not... And... it's okay Fuzzy. You did what you could, right?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm » Echo: Well, let's get you all back to camp.~ Many Voices, pleas see to Wei. I hope there are no hard feelings.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 pm » Fuzzy: *open mouth, insert giant polar bear foot*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 pm » Wei: *rub's his temples* Shapeshifters...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 pm » Fuzzy: Hy taught hy might be able to convince hyu not to pull anuther stupid stunt like dot again... *sheepish*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 pm » Echo: Earlier? Oh, so you saw through it before acting...*ponering*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Hee!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Fuzzy: Hy didn't tink he vould hit hyu so hard...
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Still, hav to imagine Echo leaping back from the attack...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Fuzzy: *scuffles feet*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Wei: ...What!!! What?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm » Fuzzy: Sorry, Vei... hy should have said sometink sooner...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:09 pm » Echo:*motions sharply and the remaining hobgoblin backs down* Well done little one.~ *morphs back to original form* Very well done, all of you.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm » STILL worth a try, though.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm » I know... but his dodge DV is WAY to high, and she doesn't have a dexterity excellency.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm » drat, that would have been epically hilarious...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm » (2 successes)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm » Fuzzy: Stop hitting Vei, Echo hyu bully!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm » well, good luck
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm » 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=3
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm » 4 dext + 1 martial arts + 2 stunt dice - 1 wound penalty = 7 dice
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm » (I'm so not gonna hit... but totally worth it anyway XD)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm » ok
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm » *a bit extra 'kick' if I hit
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm » Oh, and I'm activating Impressions of Strength, Undeniable Might (lunar 144) to give it a bit extra...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm » ShunOOC: Kicker of Fae danglies! New title!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » Wei: Go Fuzzy!
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » OOCGrandpa Jan: That;s my little Dandelion.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » (Tinker gets credit for this suggestion, by the way)
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » *grandpa would be so proud*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » ok, that's a two die stunt
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » FuzzyOOC: Grandpa Jan has the BEST advice.
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm » *snicker*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 pm » Fuzzy: *jumps over the body of the fallen hobgoblin, and sprints over to the being she knows is Echo, getting into stance... and bringing up her shin squarely between his legs, as hard as she can*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » heh
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » Ok!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » Fuzzy: *really hopes this works, otherwise she's just gonna look silly*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » I demand a description of this thouroughly heroic action!
Professor_Tinker « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » ((*snicker*))
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm » *snerk*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 pm » So she's gonna run over and try that. ^^
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 pm » Fuzzy: *remembers Grandpa Jan's advice: "Little dandelion, if ever you are faced by a mighty foe, fear not, and remember my sagely advice... Kick them in the fork, and then put the boot in when they fall over."*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 pm » ok
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 pm » Fuzzy's going to be stunting.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 pm » yep
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 pm » Fuzzy's turn?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 pm » only one more hob and the cataphract left
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 pm » heh, well I don't want to distract too much from the important parts with technicallities, so yeah two more hobs down
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 pm » Do you want to? You're kinda the DM ^_^
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 pm » should we just assume they're doing well enough?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 pm » ok next is fang and whisp
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm » miss
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm » 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=2
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:57 pm » Wei: Thank you... *Swings again*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:57 pm » I beleive Wei is up next
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm » Cataphract: Impressive. Your resolve and your fortatude.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm » Wei: *staggers, but stares the Cataphract in the eye* Yes, I would always do that...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm » FuzzyOOC: *knows what she's doing next turn*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm » heh, that's usefull
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 pm » WeiOOC: *singing* I'm still standing, better than I ever did
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 pm » EchoOOC: It's bashing damage. He'll be bruised, but he'll live
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 pm » FuzzyOOC: Grrrrr...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 pm » 7 damage
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 pm » BBCode 1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=3
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 pm » WeiOOC: ...Want that charm...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 pm » ok so 14, and he activates 'subduing the honored foe'(147 lunar)... so 28 bashing damage dice that cannot wrap into lethal.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 pm » Wei: Yes... yes I would...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:52 pm » Cataphract: So, would you die to protect these two?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 pm » Eeeeeeeeeeep/
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 pm » minus five soak
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:50 pm » 5+8+6=19 raw
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:50 pm » so 5
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:50 pm » ...yeep.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm » -11 parry dv
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm » 16
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm » And Eight essence into the second excellency buys him four more parry DV..
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm » ok, cataphract attack: BBCode 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=6
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm » Bulwark defense gets rid of his DV penalties until next turn
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 pm » what's that do for Wei?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 pm » WeiOOC: Burning through essence... sooo fast...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm » Wei: Activating Bulwark defense...and eight essense into defense
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm » Yep...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm » anyway, Cataphract attack time!... right?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm » FuzzyOOC: ...wow.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm » EchoOOC: Hee~ I'd be long dead if this was all I had.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm » Writer: *REALLY hoping Fuzzy can get at least one attack on Echo...*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm » yep another hob down and that's suppoesd to be OOC
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm » FuzzyOOC: My Wild Mass Guessing.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm » Echo: Who says this is *my* dodge and soak?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm » 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=2
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm » (4 melee + 4 dext + 1 acc - 1 wound = 8 dice)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm » go ahead then claire
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm » FuzzyOOC: Well, it makes sense... I mean, Echo's an elder, so he'd have super-high dodge and soak and stuff...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 pm » ah, my mistake.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 pm » it's reflexive... therefore doesn't take a turn
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 pm » ? I thought she was using this tick for the charm?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » Yeah, Fuzzy still has a turn
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » WeiOOC: You mean this is a Fake cataphract? Geez
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » (wait, I thought I still got an attack)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » he's attacking Wei again.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » She is, however, going to attack one of the hobgoblins flanking her with the knife.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm » then it's the cataphracts turn next
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm » ok
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm » Ok, Fuzzy's not going to say anything... yet...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm » well done. :)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm » I figured. :)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm » ok, that sent is Echo's scent. Coming from the cataphract. Not mixed in with another scent. that is Echo's scent
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » yep, minus one
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » Wheee success!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=1
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » do so.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » (at a minus one penalty, because of the wound, I believe)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm » ok
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm » I have to make an int + lore roll
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm » Where have I smelled that scent before?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm » Counting the Elephant's Wrinkles, page 188, 1 mote of personal essence
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm » which charm?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm » yep, that's fine
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm » Ok, I'm gonna use it before my attack, then (it's a noncombat charm)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm » ah, ok
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm » just use it at the right step, and you're good... it's not actually an action
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm » so, she waits on tick then? or the normal 5?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm » then there won't be any penalty if you use it on her turn
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm » yes the two hobs are flanking her
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm » type is reflexive
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm » (and are the two hobgoblins still flanking me?)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm » Is it a simple charm, or what? What does it say under type line?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:36 pm » Cataphract:How nice of you to say~
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:36 pm » Can I use an instant charm and wait until next tick to attack so I don't suffer penalty?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm » WeiOOC: Yeah, you guys kill all the hobgoblins, while I keep the crazy killing machine busy!
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm » DekaOOC: go Whisp!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm » next is fuzzy
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 pm » one more down
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 pm » BBCode 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=6
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm » then Whisper who will be shooting one of her hobs
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm » and since the hobs are extras down it goes.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:31 pm » BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=9
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm » well, improvisation time. Omen dog +3 in combat
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm » ...Not really sure...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 pm » wally, you know of a book with wolves stats?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 pm » looking up wolves...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm » Wei: *sadface*
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm » DekaOOC: yeah!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm » Second attack: (not spending essense) 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=7
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm » Bad cataphract! No killing Whisper!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm » ... ok, you baped the cataphract
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm » heh
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm » Heeheehee... yep.. just had to spend TONS of essence ^_^
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm » I think this is the equivalent of 'bapping' the cataphract...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm » woohoo you hurt the cataphract!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » 1d10=9
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » yeah
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » same difference... 0ne die of damage
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » sorry, though the bashing was lower for a sec
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » EEP!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » 15B
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm » oh oops
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm » cataphract 12L soak
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm » (bashing... his swords still sheathed)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm » Wei: 2+4+5=11 raw damage
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm » Fuzzy: *snuffles curiously*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm » Interesting...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm » ... hmmm... Fuzzy knows the cataphract smells familiar...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:20 pm » 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=4
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm » and 1 gets through on the first attack
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm » ok... make a perception+ awareness check Claire. with whatever bonuses to scent there are
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm » Nine sucesses
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm » 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=4
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm » Wei: *spending willpower point, activating combo again, attacking cataphract twice, Spending eight essence for four sucesses*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm » (oh, and she's keeping the knife in her hand)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm » (she has the mutations fangs, enhanced scent, enhanced hearing and armored hide (all on page 289) )
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 pm » ok Wei next
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 pm » (3 ticks)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 pm » Fuzzy: *Deadly Warbeast Transform* VHooohooooo!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm » *next
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm » We'll do our best ^_^
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm » ok, nect up is Wei, Fuzzy, Fang and whisper. Fuzzy first.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » So remind me when I inevitably forget which penalties I'm supposed to be applying...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » WeiOOC: Yeah... apparently
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » Ok, I'm at the -1 health level.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » FuzzyOOC: ...you know, I don't think I insulted them. I guess I was wrong about that, then.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=3 2 damage
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm » Eep eep eep...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:13 pm » 3 after dodge DV +9L+ 4=16 -10 soak=6
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:13 pm » Oh, ok.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm » no it should still be 5
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm » Nope... it's a different opponent, so it's dodge of five still
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm » *SO glad she got the ox-body charm*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm » So dodge dv of 4 now?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 pm » 8 successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 pm » second attack on claire: BBCode 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=7
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » BBCode 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=7 1 damage
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » it's okay claire... that's why we're all learning... Plus, it's the first time you've been hit since you got it... perfect time to figure it out
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » that's alright by me.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » TEN lethal soak. Sorry...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » yep
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » so she has ten soak... sorry demo for making you reroll...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm » so, 5 damage dice
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm » Ok, I've apparently had that wrong since I got the shirt... *headdesk*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm » Gah...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm » yep, 3 lethal
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm » No, it's the other way around... chain shirts give +3 lethal, +1 bashing...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm » *confused*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm » What? The armor only gives me 1 lethal soak, I thought.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm » You're still wearing the chain shirt, as far as I could tell...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm » BBCode 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=5 3 successes
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm » so that would raise your lethal soak by six... +3 from armor, +1 regular, right?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 pm » I said I was spending 3 motes...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 pm » ...you're not going to spend more than one mote?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm » ok
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm » Yup. So 7 damage dice.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm » so... is that including all the bonuses?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm » Lethal soak is 8
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm » So she's spending 3 motes of essence on Hide-Toughening Essence (lunar 160)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm » and use her lethal soak, including armor+charm... (unless it ignores armor?)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm » so you'd activate it now
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm » No, it's an increasing soak charm
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm » that's Lethal damage too
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm » yes... now she would activate her charm, before applying soak... unless it specifically says after soak
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm » Ouch...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 pm » 2 get past her Dodge+ 4 str +9=15 raw
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 pm » alright... it's strength+weapon damage+extra successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:02 pm » ok... wally make sure I do this right ok?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm » yes, after it's determined, before it's rolled
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm » (and dodge DV of 5)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm » I've got a step seven reflexive charm I'm going to use... that's right before damage is rolled, right?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm » sorry, the others aren't going to be able to attack Whisper until next turn
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm » FuzzyOOC: EEP!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm » yes
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm » Is this one of the ones going after me?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm » *successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:59 pm » 7
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:59 pm » attacking hobgoblin 1- BBCode 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=3
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:59 pm » two are attacking fuzzy, and one is going after Whisper. The other three ignore fang entirely and go after Whisper
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 pm » and I'll handle fang
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm » *places an anti tornado shield around Z's place* hopefully that will work
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm » alright. hobgoblins!
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm » Take care, Zobot...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm » later, and hopefully no tornados
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » Bye... it's okay... Demo can fight with fang, right? (if you need to)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » oh ok zo
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » Be safe!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » Aww, see you, Zobot.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » We've got a tornado watch, so I'm being told I gotta go take shelter. And our basement is crap for intenet signal
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » bye
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » awww
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm » ...*Sighs* Sorry guys, i've gotta go
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm » next are the hobgoblins again.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm » (Eh, it's fine... the dice don't like me, usually...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm » sorry, nothing
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm » Wee!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm » four sucesse :(
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm » 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=2
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm » Wei: *spending two essence for an extra sucess*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm » Whew! Go Wei!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » nine essence spent, all peripheripheral...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » ok
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » DekaOOC: He does not know you are exalted
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » And activating ready in eight directions... counterattacking him
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » Catapract: You fight well mortal
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm » so, you parry the cataphracts attack
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm » it's alright wally
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm » (I swear I typed in the four before I even saw the dice...)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm » Wei: *With four essence... 9 Parry DV...*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm » *wally
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm » ok wei
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm » 9 successes
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm » Wei: Eh, whatever... *activating Combo! four essence on second melee exelency
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm » wow
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm » ...gah!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm » BBCode 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=5
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm » who will be attacking Wei
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm » ok next is the cataphract.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm » (...Transform and roll out?)
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm » (Pretty sure, Wally)
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm » (go team go!)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm » (Transforming is speed three, right?)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 pm » Ok.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 pm » you won't mutate. I'll rule you're stable enough to do so without trouble, for now.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » WeiOOC: Oh, okay... I guess that works
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » FuzzyOOC: And what was the answer to the 'am I going to mutate if I transform' question?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » FuzzyOOC: I don't think you SHOULD insult them... I'm just saying that's why they're ignoring you.
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » DekaOOC: Go fang! Go Fuzzy! Go Whipser! Go Wei!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » what's the speed on that?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 pm » ok
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:46 pm » Ok. Fang is going to spend his action transforming into a wolf.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:46 pm » fang's up next
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm » WeiOOC: But... i don't like insulting people... plus, I think they're mindless...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm » FuzzyOOC: Bcause you haven't insulted anyone yet?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm » they'll be even with Fang and Fuzzy now
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:44 pm » WeiOOC: ...That was strange... *sadface* Why are they ignoring me?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:44 pm » Ok.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:44 pm » ok. first up are the hobgoblins who are moving at the group. streaming past Wei. pretty much ignoring him.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 pm » Claire: BOX!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 pm » FuzzyOOC: *puts David in Claire's box*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm » FuzzyOOC: EEP!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm » David: *Zzz... *Sleeping on Fuzzy*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 pm » Heehee
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 pm » ok making the tick sheet starting points...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm » FuzzyOOC: And neither am I...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm » FuzzyOOC: Yay!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm » WeiOOC: ...I'ma not gonna go for a while...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm » Whisper: BBCode 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=3
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm » You are getting your caste tonight, Fuzzy
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:38 pm » cataphract for real this time BBCode 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=5
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:38 pm » FuzzyOOC: I thought I was getting my caste here...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:37 pm » Well, the whole point of the tattoos is to fix a caste on a lunar... I'd say that she can avoid making rolls for wyld mutatoins for a little while, but if she doesn't get a caste affixed eventually she'll still run into the same trouble
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:37 pm » oops that's the hobgoblins
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 pm » Cataphract BBCode 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 pm » yeah, she has tattoos just no caste
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:35 pm » I think so.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:35 pm » Hmm... good question. I'm not entirely sure out of game, although Fang would know in game. Does she have her moonsilver tattoos, but just not her caste mark?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:34 pm » ok one moment while I roll up their join battles...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm » yeah, my bad
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm » Fuzzy: Hey, Fang? Can I go bear yet, or is it still dangerous?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm » Err...that was a join the battle roll, not a lore check, but ok
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm » Fang: Cataphracts are soldiers of the Fae, weak against Iron and capable of a fear inducing Charm.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm » WeiOOC: Oh, okay...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm » Wei: You know a cataphract is a Fae of some sort, a warrior possibly
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm » FuzzyOOC: Oooooooh...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm » Fang: 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=2
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 pm » Fuzzy: You think a cataphract is a kind of cake.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 pm » (...ouch)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 pm » Wei: *what's a cataphract? 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=5, 1d10=8*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » ...botch.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=5
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » Fang: *Sighs*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » sure
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » Can I make a lore + intelligence roll to figure out what a Cataphract is?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm » Wei: 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=1
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » 1d10=5
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » Fuzzy: Who is this guy that you insulted, anyway? And how does being insulted by a random stranger damage prestige?
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » DekaOOC: But she has such a cool tongue though
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » join battle rolls!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » Cataphract: *draws sword* Very well then.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm » Whisper: Have my tongue cut out?! No!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:28 pm » Wei: Neither do I...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:28 pm » Fuzzy: *looks at Whisper*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:28 pm » Fuzzy: ...I guess if Whisper's ok with it, I can't complain, but it doesn't seem like she would be.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:28 pm » Fuzzy: I don't like this 'compromise'.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm » WeiOOC: ...Jinx?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm » Cataphract: It may take time to track her again, but yes.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm » Wei: Forestall?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm » Fuzzy: ...so you'd just kill her later?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 pm » Cataphract:*ignoring Wei* ... There is not enough damage to be done to her prestige that would satisfy my lord. The tongue is the only agreement I can make. And only to forstall her death.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 pm » Fuzzy: I dunno... it's nice that you're going to compromise and not kill her, but I'd feel bad if you took her tongue, too.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm » Fuzzy: Remove all her prestige, and poke her in the tonuge with a stick?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm » Fuzzy: Negative prestige?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm » Cataphract: ...*looks appraisingly at Fuzzy* It would have to be in such a manner as to damage her standing to a similar degree. She does not have enough prestige within her own society for that to work.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm » *nevermind... didn't spend anything
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm » Nvd... didn't spend nything
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:24 pm » Wei: No. That is not an agreement, and you have no reason to take anything from her. (spending point of willpower to resist effects)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm » Fuzzy: ...can't you just insult her back?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm » Oh, ok.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm » no, it's 12 automatic successes
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:21 pm » (was there a roll associated with that?)
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:21 pm » Fang: ...I am unsure.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:20 pm » Whisper:*pales*
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm » they need dusk
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm » Cataphract: I am no diplomat... but perhaps we can come to an agreement? I take the child's tongue, since that is the source of the insult and she retains her life... for now at least.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm » yep, six... it's always rounded down
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm » Fang's MDV is... well, his integrity is 3, and his essence is 3, and his willpower is 6, so he's got a 6? I think.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » heh, it's ok. I doubt anyone will succeed anyway, and I beleive so Wally
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » five
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » I designed him to be an upfront fighter!
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » (distruptive strike! O wait wrong game)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » and that's (willpower+integrity+essence)/2 , right?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm » Fang's Dodge MDV is...erm... not good.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 pm » 5
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 pm » I beleive only dodge MDV
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 pm » ...can we use the other one, or not? (and how are they calcuated again?)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 pm » OK, what's everyone's Dodge MDV?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 pm » FuzzyOOC: *gets distracted by a butterfly*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 pm » (kay... we'll wait, right? ^_^)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 pm » ok one moment while I look something up real quick
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 pm » Fuzzy: *desperately trying to figure out what's going on* So why do they want your head?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm » Whisper:*shakes head*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm » Fuzzy: Unless the insult was stealing the lord's head. I suppose then it would be proportionate, but weird. *looks at Whisper* Did you kill anyone?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm » Wei: ...Which one are you reffering to? *Steps up to the front*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 pm » Fuzzy: I see they like disproportionate reactions...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 pm » Fang: *Looking at Fuzzy* These are denizens of the wyld. Left unchecked they would unmake the world.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 pm » Cataphract: Moon children... Lawgiver... The one that hides behind you has insulted my lord in the past. I am here to take her head. Stand aside and no harm shall come to you.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm » Whisper:...*draws bow slightly*...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm » Wei: ...Hello?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm » Fuzzy: And hi!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm » Fuzzy: ...are they supposed to be here? Are you gonna wolf at Whisper again?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm » Fang: *Growling*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm » Cataphract:... Hello...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm » Wei: Fae? Raksha? Um... Who are you?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm » A moment later a group of hobgoblins(6) and a Cataphract walk out of the foliage.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm » Fang: The Raksha? Here?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm » Fuzzy: Ok... so was she not supposed to be near here, then?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 pm » Whisper:*in the distance* Ah! *streaks back into the group's clearing* Fae!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 pm » Fang: Whisper is one of those.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 pm » Fang: *Closing his eyes* There are many among our people who would rather the past stay buried.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm » Fuzzy: ...Fang? What was Whisper doing? Why'd you wolf at her?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm » Fang: *Spending another mote of essence to turn back into a human, save with a tail and moonsilver streaks*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm » Whisper: Ah!*turns and flees!*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm » Wei: Umm... Fang turned into a wolf and jumped into the bushes... Not really sure why, but... *is wary*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm » Fuzzy: ...Whisper, are you a trap?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 pm » Fang: <Harsh indication of rapidly thinning patience!>
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 pm » Regardless, the point of action still remains. Any surprise SHE had is gone.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 pm » Fuzzy: ...what just happened?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 pm » Well. it's the price I get for flurrying.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm » so, the grapple misses
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm » 6DV for her. And normally she would be surprised by the sudden attack, but she has Wary swallow method.
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm » 4 there
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 pm » Fang's Reroll: 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=7
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 pm » We do, Claire, but I rolled before even thinking of the penalty.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 pm » It's what we did in previous games...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm » (don't we just normally take off the last three dice for that?)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm » a reroll sounds good. Sorry I forgot the penalty earlier
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm » at least against her grapple check
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm » I think you hit
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm » Alright. well, I can reroll if you guys want with the three less dice. it's only fair.
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm » more, unless 10's don't count as double fot it
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm » well, it's minus three dice....
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm » Alright. So even if we subtracted 3 successes from the roll, it'd still be 3 successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm » -3 sounds right for a flurry, and I need to calculate her dodge
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm » typically, it'd be a -3, since you're flurrying, and the second action is the grapple
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:57 pm » They're both supposed to be one action each, so doing them both is probably subject to some penalty
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:57 pm » I WILL, however, suggest that I take a penalty of the GM's discresion for transforming AND jumping at my target.
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm » more then enough there
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm » 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=3
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm » 2 successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm » Whisper's grapple: BBCode 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=8
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm » yep... what he said
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm » dex/str+M/A
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm » ok. Give me a second to look it up and make rolls
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 pm » grapple sounds right.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 pm » When I was DM, I determied this as a grappling action. But since you're running the show, what rolls should I amke for this? I've already spent the 1 mote for transforming.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:53 pm » Fang: *Is going to abruptly turn into a wolf and pounce in the direction of the noises, attempting to tackle whoever is there and restrain them with a set of jaws firmly pressed on their throat, a favorite trick of his*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:53 pm » Wei: *hasn't noticed Whisper*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 pm » Fuzzy: *doesn't notice Whisper!*
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 pm » DekaOOC: You need a new trick
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 pm » Fang: You hear a twig snap a few yards to the group's right. followed by the creaking of a drawn bow
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 pm » Yay... Fang might spot her...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm » Whisper's stealth- BBCode 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=1= 3 successes
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm » brb
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm » Fang: 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=7
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm » (every single roll I've made in this game so far has been 4 dice...)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm » 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=7
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 pm » 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=8
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 pm » anyway, roll perception+awareness!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:47 pm » heh, lucky you. :P
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:47 pm » 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=2
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:47 pm » WhisperOOC: Yes. Several times now
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 pm » DekaOOC: you had to do that woo whisp?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 pm » roll compassion Claire, and take limit for successes
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 pm » Fuzzy: ..... *takes her knife and cuts out the jackdaw's heart, consuming it*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 pm » Wei: Oh... okay
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 pm » EchoOOC: Oh, don't worry, I'll mess you you all's heads next... well mess with them again
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 pm » Wei: So... what now?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 pm » Fang: For you to take on a new form, you must first drink it's heartsblood, and know of its essence. Devour the heart of that creature, and it's form shall be yours.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 pm » *snerk*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 pm » EchoOOC: Heh, have fun with that Fang.~
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm » *Fuzzy has found and chased a jackdaw to ground. Fang gets the unpleasant job of explaining the rest*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm » Alright!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm » ah, so a normal bird. Then yes.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm » (a raven would be cool to hunt too, though)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm » (it's like a crow or a raven)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm » (nothing particularly interesting about it, but I like the name, and it's not a ridiculously bright color or anything)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm » http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackdaw
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:40 pm » uhm... yes? What's a Jackdaw?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:40 pm » (are there jackdaws in the area?)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 pm » ok, it'll take you 5 hours to hunt down your target. and please do
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 pm » Fang: I am going with you to observe and ensure nothing dangerous occurs. You are going with as moral support and backup.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 pm » (erm, do I need to specify the type of bird?)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 pm » 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=3
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:38 pm » Claire: Roll Wits+survival and mark a point of WP
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 pm » (thank you claire)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 pm » (128)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 pm » Fuzzy: *forest!*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm » (ok, I seem to have misplaced the page number for hunting a target for heart's blood...)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm » Wei: *has sword out, sheathed* I suppose so... I guess we're going with you as... moral support?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm » Fang: Yes. You hunt.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm » Echo: Yep.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » Fuzzy: ...so we go, now? And I hunt?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » *Err,,, that should be Fang OOC:
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » Fang: Bah. taking perception specilties next time the author updates me. Darn it
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » Fuzzy: *has her knife*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » WeiOOC: You'll still probably sneak up on me...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » DekaOOC: You are sneaky as it is
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm » Echo: Have fun kiddies~
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm » WhisperOOC:Awwwww...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm » DekaOOC: Stealth excellency?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm » (Whisper suffers a -3 penalty on all stealth rolls.)
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm » wow, 10
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 pm » BBCode 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=4*everyone is suddenly reminded of Whisper's sudden appearance at his words.*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 pm » Fang: (Has perception 4, War 3)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm » (Perception 2, War 2)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm » (perception 4)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm » Echo: Oh, and remember the forest can hide many traps. (Everyone, list your perception or War, whichever is highest)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm » Echo: Very well Fuzzy. It will allow her to take it's form whenever she wishes. Fang will explain more when the time comes.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:31 pm » Wei: ...And what does that do? Or am I not allowed to ask?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm » Fuzzy: I want to hunt a bird.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:29 pm » Fuzzy: Maybe a- or- hmmm...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:29 pm » Wei: ...*slightly confused, but supportive*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:29 pm » Fuzzy: *indecision!*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm » Fuzzy: *thinkthinkthiknthinkthinkthink*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm » Fuzzy: Hmmm... *thinkthinkthinkthinkthinkthink*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm » Echo: You may choose whichever animal you like Fuzzy, but you must hunt it in the forest itself.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 pm » Fang: Hmmph.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 pm » (we get them here too, but usually only with a hurricane... so they're sort of overlooked...)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 pm » Fuzzy: ???
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm » (I meant, Zobot)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm » Echo: *mischeivous grin* No, I have everything taken care of Fang.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm » Fang: *Looks confused* I... aren't you forgetting something?
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm » (crossing fingers, Demo-we're prone to them here, too)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 pm » Wei: Alright... *gets up, and goes over to Fuzzy*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 pm » Echo: We shall see Wei... But that will be later. Currently we have one last step for Fuzzy before her caste is fixed. She must hunt another creature of the forest and take it's hearts blood. Fang, if you would accompany Fuzzy and Wei as she hunts her prey?
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 pm » (I think SOMEONE was messing with a weather amchine)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm » (oh, hopefully no tornados*crossses fingers*)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm » Wei: *to Echo* ...Do you know how I'd go about that?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm » Fuzzy: *waves to Wei, smiling*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm » (eep)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm » (oooh... that doesn't sound good...)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm » Wei: *waves to Fuzzy* Hey there...Glad to see you're back
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm » (Gah... I may have to leave soon. There's a tornado watch in effect and if it gets too close we'll have to take shelter)
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:20 pm » Fuzzy: *wondering what else needs to be done*
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:20 pm » hey Jane
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:19 pm » MV:*returns with Fuzzy*
Jane Narbon « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 pm » [Mei, OOC: Ooh! This looks interesting.]
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 pm » Echo: Oh? Well now, that is interesting...
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 pm » Wei: ...I am not sure. You did mention that it might be possible to become part of this... Silver Pact... but that would be up to your elders, you said.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:16 pm » Fang: *Looking at Wei* So what do you intend to do now?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 pm » Wei: Ahh... that is good to hear...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 pm » Fang: Thank you.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:14 pm » Echo: Many Voices should be finishing soon. We will discuss the next step when they return.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:13 pm » Wei: ...Good luck with your hunt for it...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm » Echo: Ah yes, that. You are quite focused Fang. Very well, I will do everything within my power to see that any information on the relic is passed to you.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm » Fang: I merely ask that any of the Pact who hears of it pass such information to me.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 pm » Fang: I have never hidden my desires from the pack. I seek a relic from a previous life. Su'nari Del'rei. Best translated as the Moonsilver Mirror.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 pm » Echo: Do not worry, she is easily offended. You have done no wrong.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:09 pm » Echo: So Fang. To you. What is the boon you would have me pass to you in exchange for your efforts?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:09 pm » Wei: I hope I haven't offended too much...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm » DekaOOC: More tea for whisper I guess
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm » Echo: *shrugs* Children can be very strong willed. She will calm with time.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm » Wei: I'm... sorry.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:07 pm » Whisper:*Glares at Echo and storms off*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:07 pm » Echo:*side glance at Whisper* No more than we ourselves would. Now sit. Down. Whisper.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:07 pm » Fang: Any more tahn a gathering of lunar already does, Whisper? Any precautions we take should hide him as well.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:06 pm » Wei: *cocks his head* How so?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:06 pm » Whisper: -!- A solar?! *stands suddenly* He should not be here. He'll draw the attention of the Wyld hunt!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 pm » WeiOOC: Temperance 1, Go!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 pm » Fang: Elder, I'm of the impression that these two might- *Thinks better of what he was about to say and falls silent*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm » Wei: Of the Dawn caste, I believe...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm » Echo: Fascinating, there has been a large number of Solars apearing in recent years... And yourself?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm » Wei: ...Yes, you could say that. More than one, actually...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:02 pm » Echo: Oh? So Fuzzy was not the only one in your village. But they must not have been Lunars if our astrologers did not see them in that village... Was it a Solar perhaps?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:01 pm » Wei: Yes... I've managed to avoid most of it, but a friend of mine was the subject of a Dragon-blooded attack... which made us fugitives, when we helped...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 pm » Echo: Oho!~ You speak as one with experience in people attacking on sight. Most people do not appreciate the situation.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 pm » Wei: Well... With what I've seen over the past few days, a group of people willing to talk to you instead of kill you on sight seems a reasonable thing to hope for... And as for why... *looks towards where Fuzzy left*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 pm » Echo: We don't want to fight in front of an honored guest. *turns to Wei* So Wei, how did you come to follow Fang all the way here? Most humans fear us terribly.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 pm » Wei: I do have to say, he was quite resourceful about it... I didn't even notice that he was there until he revealed himself...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 pm » Whisper:Hmph.*crosses arms*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 pm » Echo: Now now, no fighting. Whisper, show your betters respect.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm » Whisper:Hmph, you're about as stealthy as a dragon blooded tripping through a forest.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm » Fang: It was merely a matter of unriveled stealth. *glancing at Whisper pointedly*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm » Fang: *Moves ad sits down*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm » Wei: *sits next to echo, once he motions*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 pm » Echo: *sits and motions for Fang and Wei to do the same* Well done Fang, even I was uncertain of your success.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 pm » Wei: *Looks around uncertainly, then takes a seat near the fire to wait for Fuzzy's return*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm » ok fun time. Multitaking conversations...
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm » Done
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm » Claire, could you get on AIM?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 pm » Fuzzy: *bounces a bit* Once I get the tattoos I'm allowed to turn into a bear again, right? *follows the woman*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 pm » Many Voices: *a woman shrouded in a volumnous robe steps forward and motions for Fuzzy to follow before stepping out of the clearing*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 pm » Echo: So, shall we start then? No need to waste time I suppose. Many Voices, if you could take care of Fuzzy's tattoos? I need to discuss Fang's Boon and it would be terribly rude to ignore our guest.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 pm » Fang: *Nods* I would take any risk necessary to spite the children of the five dragons.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 pm » Whisper:*frowning at Wei suspisiously*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:48 pm » Fuzzy: *nods at Echo and Whisper, smiling*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 pm » Echo: So Fang, I see you've done the improbable!~ And a pleasure to meet you Fuzzy, and your friend as well.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 pm » Wei: *bows* I'm Wei-Lan Pie-Ching
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm » Fuzzy: I'm Fuzzy!
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm » Fang: *Can't help by smirk*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm » Wei: *rejoins* It is nice to meet you both...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm » DekaOOC: Ooo nice name
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm » Wei: *is pulled* I see... I'll do my best
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm » Whisper: That is not my name! *she Glares at Echo* I am Whisper of the Passing Adder.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm » Man:*has a pair of large jackal ears on top of his head that swivel towards the group* Good morning~ *he bows with a Flourish* My name is Echo of the Jackal's Laughter. You've already met Loudmoth Rattlesnake I see. *he smiles mischievously*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm » Fang: *Pulling Wei Aside* Be on your best behavior.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 pm » Fuzzy: *looks around the clearing*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 pm » Fuzzy: *kind of looking forward to it* Ok!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm » Wei: That's good...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm » As the group travels into the forest a clearing opens up ahead of them, revealing maybe ten people sitting around a fire. A man dressed in fairly fine threads, though very casually worn, steps forwards and answers. "Very soon."
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm » Fuzzy: Do I get to do that soon?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm » Fuzzy: Oh, ok.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm » Whisper: Well, I guess you technically don't count yet. You are still unblooded.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 pm » Fuzzy: Sister?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 pm » Whisper:*puffs up a bit* Why thank you new sister.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 pm » Wei: *nods* I was... And Fuzzy's right. But regardless... *follows*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 pm » FangOOC: That's it, I'm taking an Awareness specialty.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 pm » Fang: *Narrows his eyes* Hm.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 pm » Fuzzy: In our defense, you're really, really sneaky...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 pm » Whisper: *begins to lead group into forest further* Oh? He seemed surprised enough when I showed myself... as did you.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm » Fang: *Turns to Whisper* This man would not be easy prey. *Smirks*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm » Whisper: Then you are very lucky.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm » Fuzzy: Well... not all of hte wyld hunt people, I guess... *scuffles her feet*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm » Wei: I... see.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm » Fuzzy: Oh, yeah. We did have a wyld hunt-type thing right near us. But everyone's still alive!
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Wei: *has lowered his sword* Ahh... I would hope not to be eaten too...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Fang: Lands too close to the realm are often too dangerous for individuals, or even full packs, to go after, especially with the formation of this... Grand Hunt.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Whisper:*nods* Not many are rescued from those lands.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » (heh, nice image)
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Fang: *Turning to Fuzzy* Your Second breath occurred within the scavenger lands, but close to the Realm. Well within the range of they wyld hunts.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Fuzzy: *still has her knife out*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm » Fuzzy: And I'm hoping no one eats Wei... that'd make me sad.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 pm » Fuzzy: Wait, why was I unsafe to rescue?
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 pm » Wei: I'm the friend... *stands next to Fuzzy*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 pm » (back sorry)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 pm » Whisper:... Fang.*slight nod to Fang* I see you managed to return alive... and with another mouth to feed too. Or is he a meal?
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 pm » Fang: And her...friend.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 pm » WeiOOC: I never said it was a bad thing... I'm not exactly subtle myself...
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 pm » Fang: I've brought the one most of the elders thought was unsafe to rescue.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm » Wei: Fang that Closes around the Hunter's Mouth Was leading Fuzzy here *points to fuzzy* to a wyld zone for... well, something or other... I'm just following along...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm » WhisperOOC: I'm on guard duty, I have to announce my presence. And thanks Deka.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm » Sorry.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm » Ok, back
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:33 pm » DekaOOC: I like
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm » WeiOOC: Subtlety, thy name is not whisper
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm » Wei: ... *points to Fang*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm » WhisperOOC: Stealth thy name is Whisper.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 pm » Whisper: Go no further. Who are you and what business are you here on?
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 pm » Whisper:*seems to just apear on the path in front of the group, bow held at the ready, but not quite threateningly.*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm » (brb myself, since Zobot's away)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm » Wei: *spots Fuzzy spotting a beetle!*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm » Fuzzy: *spots a beetle! but not the game-relevant thing*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm » Fang's awareness BBCode 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=10
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:28 pm » ...wow.
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:28 pm » stealth+Dex check BBCode 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=9... Apparently being GM gives me awesome rolls...
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 pm » ok
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 pm » Fang has 7 dice in perception and awareness
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 pm » I ahve to go outside and put a tarp over something before the rain gets worse
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 pm » ...ack. Brb. DM, you can roll Fang's perception check
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 pm » Wei: *can occasionally see stuff* 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=1
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm » 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=10
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm » Wei: *draws sword* Alright...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm » (*rolls* oh wait...)
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm » everyone make a perception+awareness check.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm » Fuzzy: *draws her knife*
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 pm » Fang: It's not much further, no.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 pm » Fang: Be on your guard. Even if this place is not the true Wyld it's still dangerous.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 pm » (Waves at Chic... Welcome to the peanut gallery)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm » Wei: *walking with Fuzzy* So... Fang... Are we close to the place?
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm » (waves to Chic)
chicgeek « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm » Hi, lurking! have fun!
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm » Fuzzy: *taking a break from her training to walk normally with Wei*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm » It's unnaturally dark and quiet for the most part, sounds seeming to almost be muted slightly. But Fang leads towards it's center confidently
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm » Wei: *walking along*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:21 pm » OK, so in actually Wei, Fuzzy, and Fang have just entered the wyld zone at the center of a small forest.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:21 pm » FangOOC: Hm.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:21 pm » (Sorry, I was having trouble connecting at first)
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 pm » DekaOOc: *pats whipser on the back* good luck. Will be watching* (entering spectator mode)
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 pm » Heeheehee... Don't scare us like that, Demo
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » what si
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » *working
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » Oh good, it's owrking
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » Hello?
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » Deka: *sips*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 pm » anyway: When we last left our heroes they had jumped from a cliff into a river to escape their pursuers! ... Wait, that's Zobot's joke.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 pm » Hey.
Professor Zobot « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 pm » Ok. So yeah
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 pm » Cookies make everything better!
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 pm » heh*cookie!*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:17 pm » Laitu: *still has her wiffle bat*
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:17 pm » D'awww... *gives the GM a cookie*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:17 pm » GM:*stage fright! I mean stretches!*
Herr Doktor « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 pm » Oh, hey Zo. Have fun with exalted stuffs, you guys.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 pm » Ok, Demo.
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » Wei: *stretches*
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » later herr.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » Fuzzy: *stretches to get ready for game*
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » Alright... have fun Herr... or at lest try
Demothesis « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » just a note before we begin. I'm on dialup, so my posts WILL be a bit slow in coming.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » Alright. See you later, Herr.
Herr Doktor « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm » Well, I just popped in to say hi. I'll be back later.
Claire « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:14 pm » Fuzzy: Aww... start time already? Ok...
Hawkwolf « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:14 pm » Deka: I guess that means we have to end this gmae so you can get ready huh
Wallycaine « Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:14 pm » Wei: *walks back into chat with Fuzzy* Alright... I think that's enough training for now...

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Fuzzy and Speaks With Many Voices during the tattoo process.

Quote:
Starwar009: Many Voices: Hello Child. My name is Speaks with Many Voices*the name fits quite well as her voice sounds like several people talking at once in harmony* While I tattoo you, I will ask you about your life, and I need you to be perfectly honest, ok?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ok.
Starwar009: MV: So, who are your parents, and familly? What do they do, and how do you get along with them?*begins tattooing,slighlty painfull*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Well, my dad's the town doctor, and- ouch- my mom's the baker, and we get along... alright...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I never told them I was a Steward, though.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And I didn't tell them before I left town...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: They're used to be going off and not seeing them for a while, so I figure this way, they won't worry for a bit, at least.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I hope...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I have a cousin named Shun, too. We get along ok... he's mean sometimes, but he doesn't really mean it.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: But Shun's Dad... I don't know... he gave me weird looks for a long time, and then kidnapped me and tried to sacrifice me to a god...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Shun rescued me- that's when I turned into a Steward- but Shun's Dad didn't mention it again.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He just kept giving me weird looks. And I never talked to him about it and now he's dead.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ouch... should I keep going? My friends are kind of like family...
Starwar009: MV: Friends are fine too.*tattoo tattoo*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Well, there's Baoshi. I didn't see him a lot, since he was part of a caravan, but he came through every year.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He gave me a poetry book! It was the only book I owned for a long time. And he almost died when the Dragon-blooded attacked, and then he had to go away.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He promised he'd come back, though.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: We're meeting up with him in Thorns.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Mei went with him. I don't know her so well, though. I tried to be nice to her, but she was kind of shy or something.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And there's another girl named Dusk, who's with Shun right now. Dusk is nice. She's really smart and good with people.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: She and I are pretty good friends... although I guess I could've been a- ouch!- better friend if I hadn't been busy exploring the woods all the time.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And there's Wei! Wei is amazing... he's strong and nice and smart and really cute...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He even came with me here... I'm not sure he should have, but I like his company...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: We all went glowy-foreheaded at about the same time, so we're all meeting in Thorns to avoid the wuld hunt. There's another girl named Deka, too, but I don't know her so well.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I don't really talk to her much. She and Baoshi seem to get along, though, so she can't be that bad.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: That's about it, really... I don't have a lot of family or know a lot of people...
Starwar009: MV: That's perfectly alright child. And what have you done with your life so far?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Well... *thinks*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I trained a lot with Wei, mostly for different styles of combat- his mom's an ex-adventurer. I'm pretty decent with a weapon, but I need a lot more practice without.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And, well, I learned as much medicine as I could from my Dad. And I've tried to read all the books I could before they disappeared.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: After I turned into a Steward, I managed to not get killed by a bunch of giant spiders...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And I found Mei after she turned into the- umm- the ones who do knowledge and fate and stuff. I can't remember the name.
Starwar009: MV:*pauses* You have met betrayers?
Starwar009: * headdesk*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Mei hasn't betrayed anyone...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I mean, she went glowy where all the dragon-blooded saw her, so I guess she kind of betrayed herself, but that wasn't her fault.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And Baoshi's the same type as her, and he'd NEVER betray anyone.
Starwar009: MV:*ressumes*... That is what we thought of them as well... But that is for another time. Have you done anything that you beleive is of importance to you or your friends?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Kind of? I- ouch!- I did manage to kill an Omen hound that was attacking Baoshi.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And I helped distract the one of the Dragon-blooded so Deka could shoot him... I think he died after that. *isn't sure how she feels about this*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He attacked Mei. Now he can't attack anyone anymore, at least.
Starwar009: (I thought that was the abyssal?)
madgirlkate: (err, yes- sorry- abyssal)
madgirlkate: (my mistake, not Fuzzy's)
Starwar009: (ok)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I also managed to stop one of the Dragon-Blooded... I tackled her to the ground and she couldn't hurt anyone... and she surrendered to me so I knocked her out so she couldn't chase us.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: They were trying to kill Shun!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: But we managed to stop them.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I haven't done much on my own yet, though... but I've always been with my friends.
Starwar009: MV:*done tattooing* Alright, now we have one more thing to do, before we finish.*Heads back to the clearing*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ok... *follows*

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Baoshi miniquest!

Quote:
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 am » Heh. *nods* true enough...
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 am » DuskOOC: *Go Baoshi! Go Beetles!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 am » Wheeee!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:35 am » I'm still desparately clinging to the hope that you and Jane can be resolved in one miniquest, and there's other stuff we all COULD be doing. Plus, I'm hungry.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 am » Alright. And I'm going to call it there for now
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 am » Baoshi: I'll have to learn that trick, someday. I look forward to knowing you again. *he smiles a little, and leaves the way he came*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 am » Chejop: It is no trouble.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 am » Baoshi: I understand. *he stands, and bows a little* Thank you for the tea, sir.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 am » Chejop: Mmm... Interesting. Alright. That is all I wished to know. You may leave, Baoshi. But before you do... if you can remember anything about a device known as the Fivefold Snare, report to me at once and tell no one else. Understand?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 am » Baoshi: If its a memory, or just an idle thought... I can;t say. *shrugs* I apologize.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 am » Chejop: ...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 am » Baoshi: 'I regret the need, not the act'... or something to that effect.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:29 am » Chejop: ...a phrase?
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am » ShunOOC: Beetles on the Go board, more and more appropriate every day.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am » Baoshi: Nothing more then flashes and a vauge memory of beauty.... *pauses* and one phrase.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am » (You can take something that enhances your MDV as an excellency, yes)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am » OOCBaoshi: ....the best part? I am in no way lying.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am » Chejop: ...you remember NOTHING? Truly? *His eyes narrow. The room seems to grow colder for a moment* Nothing at all about anything strange? Nothing at all about the Snare- *He stops* Ah, I see.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 am » (can you take a MDV eexcellency?)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 am » Baoshi: I dream of having tea with a small red sort of *jelly* creature shaped like a meat bun, under a sprawling tapestry of unraveling cloth and stars. I think I'm boyond help with them, really.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 am » ChejOOC: This is what I get for not spending more than 2 motes on that.
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 am » Go Baoshi!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:25 am » (Ok... you can do what you wish.)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:25 am » (He got four successes to your 5 defense. Holy crap.)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:25 am » (...he *missed*?)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:25 am » Err...uh. wrong thing: 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=6
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:25 am » (..well.)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am » Persusasion roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2582415/
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am » (If you can't resist this charm's effects on you, you have to tell him anything and EVERYTHING you know about your previous lives... flashbacks, anything you've known in dreams... or just pay 1 willpower to ignore it's effects)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am » (5 and 3. So, Mental Defense)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am » (Tell me which of your two is higher, ok?)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 am » I'll have to make a roll...)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 am » (Specifically, he's using a charm listed in his character sheet... "Obediant Recollection of Forgotten Fates"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 am » (Eeeep. I better check)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 am » (Better get ready, Tinker... Chejop is making a social attack on Baoshi... what's your mental dodge and parry ratings?)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 am » Chejop: Now then. It is often very difficult for newly Exalted at first... the flashbacks, the odd dreams... if you desire any help making any sense of the odd things you have been seeing, I would of course be happy to offer some assistance.
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:19 am » (thanks-just in case)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:19 am » (*hugs chic* We;ll post da log)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:19 am » Baoshi: Was I sarcastic, too? Because I do that a lot, and it could be nice to know it;s already expected of me. *he munches one of the scones, thinking* ...well, that could explain why rocurring dreams I have all now seem to have looked like this city.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 am » Chejop: It's not as impressive when you understand that I have outlived every other Sidereal in the Bureau of Divinity save two others, however. I make it a point of note to be familiar with the past lives of as many as I can.
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:17 am » (Storming-I may possibly vanish)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:17 am » Chejop: Mmm. Indeed. You are the Seventh reincarnation of an old/new friend of mine, as it so happens. Someone whom I've grown used to fighting with.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 am » Baoshi: ...dear gods, my favorite tea. Truely, you are a villian dire. You can;t even *get* that kind of scone out side of thorns, you know. *he sips the tea, sighing* I'm sorry. i;m in no way in the right midnset for this. Everyone has forgotten me? Fine. I;ll scream and rage and break something later, but *then* there are still things to be done. And... *pauses* ...you mentioned twice knowing me, before.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 am » ChejOOC: There's no point to being Essence 10 if you can't use it frivilously now and then.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:13 am » The Tea itself is Baoshi's exact favorite brew.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:13 am » There is a moment of almost near silence, as you hear a faint buzzing sound. It soon occurs to you that Chejop is muttering something at an insanely rapid pace. You feel a slight tugging on your mind for a moment, as if someone is pulling your ear, and then a silver platter with a teapot and teacups appears on the desk in PLACE of the paperwork, whcih has all vanished... also on the platter are large pink discs which smell like cherry blossoms but turn out to be cherry-flavored scones*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:13 am » DekaOOC: YOu tell him cart brother
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:10 am » Baoshi: *deeeeeeeeeep breath* ...this is probably too informal a tone, but I would like it noted that I;m suprised my *head* hasn;t blown up. Alright. I can accept that... but I;ll be damned if I'm to hate you because you say so. Ill make up my mind about *that* later. *pauses* and yes, I would very much like some tea.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:09 am » Chejop: If anyone is to be the villian here, it had best be me. So I am forbidding you to leave Yu Shan without my order first. Any attempts to do so might be detrimental to your health. *He pauses, and then smiles warmly* Would you like some tea?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:08 am » Chejop: Regardless, the point is irrevalent. Your training, condensed even though it will be, will take months. There is a lot to teach before you can move among creation without risking damaging the Loom of Fate.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 am » Baoshi: ...perhaps there isn;t the place I remember. But I still promised the people dear to me that I would return as soon as I could, and perhaps... they don;t remember that. But I do, all the same.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:05 am » Chejop: *Begins to laugh* True, true! I see nothing about your insight has changed.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:05 am » Baoshi: Yet by not allwing me to leave, you also don;t allow me to *verify* this. *still calm... but it;s not a healthy kind of calm*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 am » Chejop: Even if you DID leave, there's no longer a place for you as there once was out there. I would rather you learn that here and now, before it becomes too painful by realizing those dear to you no longer even know who you are.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 am » Baoshi: ....I assume this is not, in fact, true.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 am » Chejop: Understand that you are here by my hand. And it is by my hand that you will not be leaving anytime soon, even though the people sent to collect you were informed that you could leave anytime you wished.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 am » Chejop: It is part of who and what we are. I am sorry.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 am » Baoshi: ....*seems to quietly freeze, barely breathing*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 am » Chejop: *closes his eyes* As Sidereal, it is our fate to dwell outside of the Loom of Destiny. We are not bound by it or restricted by it. This is both a blessing and a curse, but... the core of the matter is that by now, everyone you've ever known or loved has forgotten about you.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 am » Baoshi: *notes that it *also* makes him think of the man as noble, and that he mentioned past relations*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 am » Baoshi: *raises an eyebrow* ....well, that seems thoughtful... and yet, now I can;t help but be cautious.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 am » Chejop: I had requested that the two sent to collect you refrain from telling you about the nature of our Exaltation, or at least specific aspects of it. This is because I didn't want them to hate you. If you must grow to loath anyone, it ought to be me. I am old and soon to pass.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:59 am » Chejop: I shall spare you any waste of your time with formalities. Most likely you already have been told who I am. People can never seem to shut up about it anyways... I have requested to meet with you here for several reasons, the least of which because I felt obligated, after our... past relations, to be the one whom you would blame.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:59 am » (Even Better- Jewel Meow)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 am » (XD I was wondering if someone would ever catch that... :3 ))
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 am » Pfffff...
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 am » *Just hit me-Baoshi's name is meow. And we're going to Aunt May's high tone cat house...*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am » ((Whoo soundtrack!))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am » (Suggested GM music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUv5Fs7r ... re=related)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 am » Baoshi: *he waits patiently, reciting poetry in hsi head to calm himself. He nods, as he is aknowledged, unrure if he should relax a little or not* Yes, sir. Baoshi Doya Miao.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 am » Chejop: Hmmph. Very well then. *Eventually, after taking his own sweet time in doing so, the elderly man acknowledges you once more.* They tell me your name is Baoshi this time around. That is correct, is it not?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am » Nara-O: *In a voice not louder than a whisper, just barely audible* Anything exchanged between the two of you I would know of as it happened anyways.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am » Baoshi: *he sits, feeling a faint sense of deja vu... something about all thi is....*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am » The man at the desk looks up. "Hm. I presume you are the one. Take a seat, boy. I shall be with you in a moment." And then he writes something on the piece of parchment, sets it down, and turns to the creature in bandages. "Nara-O, I suppose it would do me no good whatsoever to ask you to leave?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am » (sounds like it)
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 am » *Foigran?*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 am » It looks like a man. At first. But the truth, upon further examination, is a lot harder to determine. A humanoid figure clad entirely in wrapped bandages, it's flesh hidden completely from sight, the bandages billowing slightly ever so often, as if there was nothing beneath them at all. Wrapped around that is a ragged cloak.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:50 am » ((Cleese?))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:49 am » Ok. The room at the end of the hallway is... oddly spartan. You may have expected grandiose or ritzy decor, but the room itself is painted a plain brown color and there is little in it save some good wooden furniture (A desk some chairs put out for guests) and two elegantly shaped metal statues of lions at the very entrance of the room. The desk is buried in paperwork, and seated behind it is an elderly man. He doesn't seem to be wearing anything overly orinate or showy, either... just some plain gray robes with a black cloth belt fastening them shut, as he clutches a quill and scrawls somehting on a piece of parchment. However, standing next to him is something much more fascinating....
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 am » Baoshi: ....*quietly crumples the scroll, and secures it in hsi robes, taking off and poloshing his tinted glasses before continuing to walk, taking the advice to heart*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:44 am » Ok... Baoshi, on the tiny scroll there's just two small sentences: "Chejop Keyjak can be very persuasive and not someone you want to anger, even if you don't agree with him. Try to avoid promising him anything directly, but if you can, one way to get on his good side is to let him think you have."
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:40 am » (ok I'm going to tie up and gag Shun so he stops interefering.)
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:40 am » ShunOOC: Uhm, arogance? Pot, kettle, black, hypocracy, and more words that mean shaddup.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am » (*snerk*)
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am » *so joining Grandpa Jan's fan club*
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am » OOCJan: ....dear god, man. Did you *plant* that stick, or does your ass produce your own?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:38 am » ChejOOC: I swear, arrogance like that is exactly why I got the ball rolling on the Usurptation in the first place! You kids today... *Grumps*
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:38 am » ShunOOC: Thank the sun, moon, and stars for that little mercy. *more Glare* Yeah I know we shouldn't know yet. Can I settle for instinctive hate?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 am » ChejOOC: Not to mention only the oldest and most powerful Sidereal who get special permission and BLESSINGS from the Five Gods can even USE second circle spells...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 am » Baoshi: ...*slows his pace a little, unrolling it against his palm and adjusting hsi robes with his other hand, trying to be discreet*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 am » ChejOOC: Quiet Mr. "Oh Look at me! I can cast solar level sorcery!" Do you have any idea how much easier my job would be if I could get beyond second circle spells?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am » Baoshi, actually, you DO find something pinned to your outfit, cleverly hidden on your back between two folds of your outfit... a tiny scroll.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am » OOCBaoshi: Heeeyyyy, watch it... we don;t *know* anything yet... do we?
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am » DuskOOC: *slips an arm around Shun* I know, I know....
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 am » ShunOOC:*busy glaring at Chejop KejakOOC*... hate.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 am » Baoshi: ....*feels dizzy again, before taking a deep breath, and walking forward- drawing out a comb from his sleeve, and quietly brushing his hair, a cloth to wipe off the dirt on his face, and straightens his robes. He puts these away again- pausing, to see if there something on his clothes unusual...*
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am » FuzzyOOC: *attempts to distract Shun with a shiny*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am » OOCBaoshi: kay, I can use this *here* 'Soooo... compensating'?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am » Baoshi, Shota pats your back and then knocks on the large doors made of a mixture of Oricalcum, Moonsilver, Jade, and a glittery grayish substance that you've never seen before, which begin to slowly slide open. "From here on out, you're going to have to go on your own. Just walk down the central hallway and don't deviate from it until you get to the final chamber. Check your outfit and make sure your shoes and nose are clean before entering the chamber, you want to make a nice impression, yada-yada. I'll be waiting for you out here once you get done."
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am » ShunOOC:*biting tongue*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 am » Baoshi: ....*both suitably awed and biting back sarcasim* Well. Color me flattered and terrified.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 am » ShunOOC: Fine.*grump*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 am » Shota: Anyway, enough of the lecture. *He leads you up to a large structure that looks almost like a palace in it's own right.* Anyway, enough quibbling. Baoshi, newest of the order, allow myself and Fujiko to welcome you to the Manse of Forbidding Ivy, one of the most powerful Manses in the world, and one of the homes of the Chair of the Capital Convention and the leader of some of- *Looks voer at Fujiko, who is glaring angrily at him* -well, ALL of the Sidereal: Chejop Kejak.
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:29 am » DuskOOC: *digs an elbow into Shun's side* Some of us are interested!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:28 am » OOCBaoshi: 'nothing my *ass*.
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:28 am » FuzzyOOC: Shhhhh, Shun! I'm trying to listen!
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am » ShunOOC: That sounds like a whole lot of nothing.*peanut gallery thy name is Shun*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am » Baoshi: ....I see.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » Fujiko: Nothing's happened.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » Shota: *Scratches his head* Er, yeah. Yeah.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » Baoshi: What happened?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » Fujiko: *Walking behind you both* And they work fine.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » Baoshi: ....*immediately distracted by what 'EM' stands for, before trying to pay attention.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am » ShunOOC: Oh, like a great contagion or invasion of otherworldly evil?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 am » Shota: They're all managed by the various powerful gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy. Or at least, they're supposed to be.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 am » Shota: There are many other Bureaus in Yu Shan, such as the Bureau of Nature, The Bureau of Artifice, and, oddly enough, the Bureau of EM. Yeah. I'm not entirely sure what that last one does, it rarely comes up.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 am » OOCGrandpaJan: Huh, whaddya know. Looks like my sarge owes me a few thousand jade...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 am » Baoshi: ....well, thats sensible...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 am » Shota: The Sidereal, the chosen of the Five Maidens of Fate, are all members of the Bureau of Fate... it's our job to ensure that the world is running on a proper track and to keep things from sliding into any sort of great tragedy.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » Shota: Well, most of this isn't exactly common knowledge anyway.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » c-ya, Jane... :)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » Bye!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » For now, I did promise to do this tonight. So we'll divide you and Baoshi up
Jane Narbon « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » See ya!
Jane Narbon « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » Proceed without me. :D
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am » It's ok, Jane. *Sighs* Well, we'll do something separate with you later, ok?
Jane Narbon « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am » And then sorry with cheese. :D
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am » Baoshi: I'm trying my best to keep up! I was raised to beleive in the spirits of trees and small gods of the land- the rest of this is new to me.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am » I'm really, really, really sorry about this.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am » Hi. I can't stay. A.... social event swallowed me. I have no choice but to stay (though there is karaoke here where I am.) I may/may not be able to make it at all.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am » (OOC: Jane? Did you finally manage to show up?)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 am » Shota: None of us would be here if it weren't for them.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 am » Shota: I just told you their names, kid. The five Maidens of Fate, The Unconquered Sun, Gaia, and Luna are the Celestial Gods, the supreme lords of all of Creation.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 am » Baoshi: *does a double take on the dryads, trying to keep up* Something went wrong.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 am » Baoshi: ....alright, so I got an edited version. Celestial Gods?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 am » Shota: *As you pass a group of dryads* And they all are expected to work together in a grand system known as the Celestial Bureaucracy, which manages all the affairs of heaven and of the Earth. At least, that's how it was SUPPOSED to work.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:18 am » Shota: See, kid, everything has spirit within it. Even the stones beneath your feet. And it's their jobs to manage any affiars that might be involved with whatever he/she/it is tied to. The most powerful of these spirits are called Gods, and the most powerful of the Gods of the Earth gather here, in Yu Shan, as the subordinates of the Celestial Gods: The Five Maidens of Fate, The Unconquered Sun, Luna: The moon God/Goddess (don't ask. Trust me.) and Gaia.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:18 am » (trifle)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 am » Baoshi: *is a riffle stunend by hsi surroundings*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 am » Baoshi: *follows him, lookign around curiously* Huh. So Grandfather was actualy pretty much right, then...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:16 am » Shota: Very well then. Follow me. *He turns and starts walking ahead of Baoshi, leading him down an immaculate stone pathway free of any cracks, flaws, or imperfections, and made of white marble. You see a number of odd sights just walking by: a man with the head of a badger instead of a man, a short man with the wings of a butterfly instead of hands, a squid the size of a man slithering out of a room holding several books... Shota explains as they go about how nearly everything in the world has spirits and gods who govern it, from single blades of grass to the largest bridges and roads and buildings.*
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:15 am » (*snerk*)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:15 am » ooCleese: *accepts sweet bun and noms happily*
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am » FuzzyOOC: ... *offers a sweet bun to the little red god so he doesn't get angry at Shun*
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am » DuskOOC: *rolls her eyes at Shun*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am » OOCBaoshi; They;re restful dreams...
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 am » ShunOOC: Ignoring you all until you become coherent again.*fingers in ears. Model of maturity Shun is not*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 am » Baoshi: ... sorry. Never mind- I think I was hit a little harder by the drain then I thought...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 am » Shota: Err... why would there be?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 am » Fujiko: *Raises an eyebrow*
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am » FuzzyOOC: *pokes Shun* But the little red god is nice...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am » Baoshi: Techinchaly, weeks ago then. Still, a nice turn of phrase. *pauses* ...is there a red, sort of... bun jelly thing anywhere here?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am » Shota: Most people don't remember it, but it's commonly used amongst our ranks.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am » ShunOOC: Aaaaaand back to my fingers in my ears.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 am » Shota: Your first Breath is the first time you breath when you're born, just when you've left your mother's womb. The term "Second Breath" was, long ago, a term used to describe the moment when one Exalted.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 am » BaoshiOOC: Only there isn;t cheerful little red sort of jelly bun thing offering me tea.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 am » ShunOOC: Oh, well that's more practical. Probably some sidereal future sight stuff.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 am » Baoshi: oh... I hope Mei will be alright... *looks concerned* I felt a bit faint myself...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 am » Baoshi: Aha... I see. Well, fair enough- orders are orders. But... 'second breath'?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 am » Fujiko: *Is holding Mei, who fainted mid-trip* You'll have to go alone... the girl appears to have donated a bit too much of her spirital power. She needs to rest.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am » BaoshiOOC: I wasn;t being lyrical yet, anyhow. I was being literal it looks lik my dreams.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am » Shota: *Winces a little* Well, see... protocol and all... technically, some of the Sidereal holding higher stations in the Bureaucracy of Destiny can exercise a privilage of meeting with new Exalts when they first take their second breath. It's almost never done because we're all so busy, but... well... The big man himself made a request to meet with you both when we first discovered we'd somehow missed the two of you
Hawkwolf « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am » deka:OOc: *nods* how about you whisp?
Claire « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 am » FuzzyOOC: I want to hear about it...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 am » BaoshiOOC: I'll keep it to a six sylable maximum.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am » ShunOOC:*fingers in ears* Alalala! can't hear you! No going on in overly flowe-ow!
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » WeiOOC: What? I'd like to listen to it...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » Baoshi: I assume this is not the current plan.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » Shota: Ordinarily, this would be the time when we'd take you to meet your Sifu, the man who will be teaching you the basics of how to control your new powers and what it means to actually BE a sidereal.
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » DuskOOC: *baps Shun*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » BaoshiOOC: Will not! ....maybe a little.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am » ShunOOC: Yep, lot's of Baoshi waxing poetic in our future. Anyone got earplugs?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 am » Baoshi: ... *contemplates the possibility of getting into grandpas special tea, and having been having a very large hallucination as he looks around* ... it looks like my dreams.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 am » ShunOOC:*facepalm* #$^^$ we're going to have to listen to him go on and on about this experience aren't we...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 am » ((Sorry, firefox crashed. back!))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 am » You feel a hand on your shoulder. Shota, standing behind you, smirks. "Welcome to the heavenly city, kid."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 am » And ahead of you, emerging from a small building you can see a little tiny girl with insect-ish wings sprouting out of her back, pushing open a human sized door and bzzzing out of it with the rapid beat of her wings as she carries a large scroll.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:01 am » A gust of light wind blows cherry blossoms from a nearby tree across your path, scattering some in your hair.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 am » Ok Baoshi. You die instantly. Just kidding! Anyways, as you step through, you enter into a radiant garden, surrounded by flowers. The first thing that occurs to you is how vibrant all the colors around you look. This place, Yu Shan, seems so much more alive, so much more REAL than anything your eyes have ever seen before. The air you breath in tastes sweet, and there's a nearly overwhelming sense of tranquility and peace in the air. If there was music, it'd be pleasent and soothing.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 am » (Optional GM: Provided music for this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5u-RTNE ... re=related)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 am » Baoshi: *wavers faintly, steadies himself, and nods* Alright. I;ve come this far... *he walks forward, striding through the rift*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am » BaoshiOOC: Might have something to do with hitting 0 essence...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am » As the rift opens, the two hooded figures stand there, arms outstretched towards it, their bodys shaking with exertion. Fujiko turns and walks through the gateway, guiding Mei along with her, and they vanish. Shota turns back to you. "It's not the easiest way to get to Yu Shan, but it is the most convenient. Finding a natural gateway we could all go through could take days if not weeks of searching, and this way at least we can come and go as we please. Go through."
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am » WeiOOC: ...No, I usually can't smell green, so this time isn't any different...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am » DekaOOC: green?
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am » ShunOOC: Well, in the end it won't matter because I am so getting solar circle sorcery eventually. So HAH!*victorious point at GMOOC*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 am » BaoshiOOC: I can;t do any at all. And does anyone else smell green?
chicgeek « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 am » DuskOOC: Yeah, but I'm translating the Art of Sorcery book. *looks smug*
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 am » ShunOOC: Hey I never said what they're doing isn't impressive, but to relegate mine to not true sorcery seems a bit far.*grump grump grump*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 am » GMOOC: I'm sorry, Shun. But this is second-circle sorcery... head and shoulders above your first-circle parlor tricks)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 am » (alright, then spend 2 of your peripheral as well)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 am » Baoshi: *very nearly faints, watching the portal open....*
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am » WeiOOC: Of course not... it's just a silly little spell *Sticks his tongue at Shun*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am » (Only 10, alas)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am » (Brb)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am » It grows larger and larger, and as it does, you break out into a cold sweat and feel a bit more of your power drain. Eventually, the sphere itself cracks, and you watch as the air itself seems to part in the center of the circle, exposing a glowing blue rift. (Mark off 12 points of personal essence, if you have it)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 am » Baoshi: *wavers a little, but is determined to watch this...*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am » Baoshi, you start to feel dizzy and drained as you see a crackling ball of what appears to be lighting, trapped in some sort of glassy globe, form within the center of the circle.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am » Baoshi: Sensible enough... and good to know.
Demothesis « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am » ShunOOC: What my dragon claw spell doesn't count for true sorcery? *grumble*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 am » Shota motions for each of you to stand at the edge of the circle as everyone joins hands. As the two hooded figures chant odd sounding syllables, Shota explains quietly what they're doing. "It's not as if anyone can just walk into Yu Shan, the heavenly city. There are spells that can carry one across Creation in an instant, but none of them allow entry to Yu Shan. This is a powerful spell that will create a temporary gateway to the heavenly city. It's difficult to cast and normally takes more essence than most younger exalts such as you or I have at all... to keep from being overly flashy and giving ourselves away to any Dragon Blooded who might be nearby, we're all chipping in."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 am » Baoshi: *nods* May as well.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 am » Mei cautiously and distantly agrees
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 am » Shota looks over at the two of you. "Hey Kid. To make this easier on everyone, we're going to have to draw a bit off of your essence. Is that alright with both of you?"
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 am » Two hooded figures, presumably other Sidereal, have been waiting there, and together with Shota and Fujiko, the four of them begin scrawling an intricate circle on the dirt of the ground, drawing in all sorts of astrological signs and three overlapping pentagrams within the inner of 2 circles.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 am » Baoshi: ..........*fascinated, despite himself*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:44 am » It's here in Port Calin that the two Sidereal guide you both to an obscure, tiny hamlet in the docks district of the town, make sure all the windows are covered and the doors are shut, and you begin to witness true sorcery for one of the first times.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 am » The Wyld Hunt and Realm forces maintain a strong presence here, but the local government is officially it's own entity.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 am » Eventually, the four of you reach Port Cailan, one of the largest ports in the Scavenger lands, and also the only one that's not strongly under the control of the Realm outside of Nexus
Wallycaine « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 am » *Aggravation!* :P
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 am » During this trip Shota tells you a bit about the Sidereal, mostly stuff you as a player have already read about in the book. Much to the aggrivation of the other non-sidereal players here, I won't repeat it. Fujiko is more or less her distant, somewhat annoyed self, and Mei seems to be mostly lost in thought
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 am » Wheee! New techniques.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 am » Anyways, in all seriousness... Baoshi: The first few weeks are mostly pretty boring. You travel through forests, down dusty trails, through smelly villages, and in general discover a number of new and kinda-exciting ways to get dirty.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 am » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 am » Actually, what REALLY happened was... aw crap, I forgot the joke! >-<!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am » When we last left our heroes, Baoshi and mei had split off from the rest of the group to be guided to Yu Shan through mysterious passage ways,

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:00 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
A snippet of Sidreal mini-quest

Quote:
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 pm » He sat on the bed, and leaned against the wall- feeling... a trifle... blank. It was all rather a lot to process... and clearly he could not affort to dwell. And mei... Mei still diddn't... well. Perhaps it would be esier for her... or harder. She had... less.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 pm » (*snickers*)
Demothesis « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 pm » (*snerk*)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 pm » Baoshi was quiet on the walk, and diddn;t respond much to the compliment- it did make him feel a little better. He looked around at the room... it was nice. Although the size of it felt a little odd to him... perhaps he could fill it with something to croud it mote. "...thank you, sir."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 pm » "Try and get some sleep, kid." He turns and starts to walk off. "Tomorrow you'll meet oyur Sifu, who will be teaching you the basics of our combat styles and mentoring you in the powers the Sidereal possess."
Claire « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 pm » (there was also this random prank poster about how the Eiffel Tower's roots were destroying nearby housing districts)
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 pm » (wow)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 pm » (I KNOW! it's awesome!)
Claire « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 pm » (If you stand underneath, each one of the little 'feet' has a medium-sized building attached to it)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:21 pm » Shota falls back into his usual smirk. "For what it's worth, kid, you're doing a better job of coping than I did." He stands up and leads you back outside, onto a pleasent stone walkway. He leads you to a large building, explaining that most younger Sidereal, and those waiting to Exalt were quartered here, and showed you to a rather plain room about twice the size of Baoshi's grandfather's wagon, furnished with a bed, a nightstand with a candle on it, and a bookshelf.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:20 pm » (How big is it?)
Claire « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 pm » (it's awesome. I saw the Eifel Tower yesterday)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 pm » Baoshi land back in a stance after the blow connects, and exhales. "That will suffice. I don;t wish to waste any more of your time." he stands again.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 pm » )
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 pm » OOC: How are you, Claire? How is France?_
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:17 pm » Ok, Baoshi smacks the dummy in the chest, hitting a wooden peg that starts to cause it to spin around.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:17 pm » (1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=7)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:16 pm » "Not hurt. Hit. There is a difference." he approaches the training figure, and takes a deep breath- grinning his teeth and aiming a kick at the dummy- releasing the tension of keeping from cryin, or screaming, or trying to escape... channeling the emotions he;s having to, more or less, bury beneath acceptance.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:14 pm » And yes he is following him.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:14 pm » Ok. Shota is leading you down a hall... and into a training room. You watch several children, much younger than yourself, sparring, either with each other or at wooden training figures. Shota waves a hand at an unoccupied training figure. "You wanted to hurt something?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:14 pm » "....I shall remember not to bring it up again, I suppose." he adds, a little angrily, but is doing hsi best to keep things shut tightly.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm » I said he walks after him.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:12 pm » Well, what is Baoshi doing? Responding? Following?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:12 pm » (Should i have him respond to Shuns last comment, or....?)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm » (Yeah... er, yeah. I;ll say something, next time.)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm » (My bad. Should have given you a chance to respond)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm » (Er, I was just having trouble writing... sorry, should have said something.)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm » "...I;m not sure why I even had a choice. The more I learn, the less makes sense. i have to hope it;s just a question of learning more." he looks away, and up into the sky a little. "I really would benifit from something to hit, or scream at. If this is where I am, fine. I'll take as much from it as I can. But... I had so ver little to lose as it was. And it is still so very dear to me." he grits hsi teeth, and walks after him.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm » His gaze suddenly hardens a bit as he starts to walk off. ""Follow me if you want. Or stand around and cry. Have fun with your pity party, kid. Just remember that nearly everyone here's gone through the exact same thing you're going through."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:08 pm » Shota looks back at Baoshi. "That's why I'm with the gold faction. The bronze faction are traditionalists. They guide the wyld hunt, think it's ok to take kids from their families, and hide behind the greater good. Gold faction claims they're for changing stuff like that."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm » ...sorry Jane
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm » (That's fine, Tinker)
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm » [d*m* it... I'll be back in (hopefully) under 30 min.]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm » (Is it okay if I switch to the same format you;re using Z? it;s awkward for me otherwise)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm » "My soul's sister and I, they took us young. I don't think either of us remember our families at all."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:05 pm » "Do you think that you're the only one who didn't want this? We tried to give you the thing we didn't have, Fujiko and I. The right of choice."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm » "..."
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm » [Okay. After a valiant but unsuccessful attempt to find my character sheet, I'm going to have to play using the copy of the sheet I pmD zobot. The only noticeable difference would be that things might be a bit slow.]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm » Baoshi: Oh, and everyone I have ever known and love is going to forget about me. But you knew that part. *he doesn;t move*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm » He turns and motions for Baoshi to follow. "Come on, kid. Let me show you your room. We're supposed to let you get some sleep, and then tomorrow you'll meet your new Sifu."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm » Shota paused, eyes wide. "Endings! I suspected that might happen..." He looked at Baoshi with a bit of pity in his eyes.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:01 pm » Baoshi: ...I;m not to leave. For a few months. He diddn;t tell you that part. I need something to punch. A lot. *pauses* Screaming might be involved*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm » Baoshi looks... tense. It might put one, say, in mind of a frozen over river.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm » Shota looks up to you. "Boss man done putting the screws in you?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm » "Hey Kid."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 pm » As you leave the Manse of Forbidding Ivy, Shota is waiting for you outside.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 pm » Baoshi: *walks away, doing his best to keep his composure- following the same path out that he took in, and trying to review the conversation to see if he agreed to anything*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 pm » Mei now has 0 Personal and 28 Peripheral essence remaining.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 pm » And now Baoshi will go and see about scheduling hsi nervous breakdown.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 pm » Baoshi, we're going to start off with you. Kejop Chejak has just dismissed you from his presence.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 pm » DekaOOC: *cheers for Baoshi*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:57 pm » When last we left off, Baoshi had just had a meeting with Chejak, while Mei had briefly passed out after spending essence to help power the gateway to get to Yu Shan

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:58 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am
Posts: 4538
Location: Burnsville
More of the Sidereal Sidequest: Tea between Mei and Chejop Kejak!

ladymadsci: Can we just play it? You never know what could happen.
ladymadsci: It's hard to bore me....
Zobot: Fair enough. Alright...
Zobot: brb
ladymadsci: seeing as this is my first try with tabletop games that's actually gone anywhere.
Zobot: valid point.
ladymadsci: [Also, Baoshi is either holding a Cleese, or, if that cannot be obtained, a Cleese plushie. This is important.]
Zobot: Ok. Well... Shota leads you to the Manse of Forbidding Ivy. "Welcome to your new workplace... as a Chosen of the Maiden of Secrets, you will be working here with your colleleagues, as a member of the Division of Secrets inside the Bureau of Destiny."
ladymadsci: Mei: Ooh. Wow. (she's looking at the building's façade)
Zobot: Actually, that statement is more true than you know
ladymadsci: Why do you think I chose that word?
Zobot: Shota: The Manse of Forbidding Ivy is a level 5 Manse, like each of the other Divisions run by the 5 Maidens of Fate... one of the unique things about it is that it's true appearnace is a secret... everyone who views it sees something different, based off of their beliefs about secrets. Reaaal philosophical stuff."
Zobot: Shota: And as long as I'm stuck playing tour guide, here's a fun fact: It's theorized that if Yu Shan were ever attacked by it's enemies, the Manse of Forbidding Ivy would be the safest palce here, because the Maiden of Secrets could just make it's location a Secret to everyone in existance.
ladymadsci: Mei: [Sees her own personal image, not particularly forbidding, or even imposing. Rather pleasant-looking, in fact.... but something about it seems to say that you might have a hard time discovering what is inside.]
ladymadsci: Mei: ...."level 5?" What does that mean?
Zobot: Shota: Regardless, this is where I get off. You have to go inside on your own... Chosen of the other four Maidens cannot enter Juipeter's domain...
Zobot: Shota: Hm? Oh... that's Old Realm terminology. Back when the world was ruled by the Celestial Exalted, there were places called Demanses, which were where different lay lines of Essence, called Dragon Tracks, crossed each other. The more types of dragon tracks that cross, the higher the level of the manse. A level 1 demanse was just one that had two Dragon Tracks crossing, while a Level Five manse has six or more.
Zobot: Shota: If you know how, you can build a building on a Demanse and harness the power of it. The building is called a Manse.
ladymadsci: Mei: Ah. I see.
ladymadsci: Mei: One more question.
Zobot: Shota: Yes?
ladymadsci: Mei: Devoted to which Maiden are you?
Zobot: Shota: ... that's a personal question. But it's hard to keep a secret from one of Juipeter's chosen, I suppose... I work for Mercury, the Maiden of Journeys.
Zobot: Shota: It's part of how we found you. There is a charm I can use that points me in the right direction of the goal of any task given to me... only a general direction, but it's still very useful
ladymadsci: Mei: I.... see.
ladymadsci: Mei: Well. Thank you for all your kind assista— [something occurs to her].
ladymadsci: Mei: When I was in the river? And I lied to you? I'm.... curious.
ladymadsci: Mei: Did you believe me, or, were you skeptical....?
Zobot: Shota: Yeah... that was a headache... the charm I used was ringing in my head, telling me you were the one, but you were pretty convincing when you said you had no idea... I didn't know what to believe
ladymadsci: Mei: Thank you. And thanks for.... the help.
ladymadsci: Mei: [puckishly] Oh, and I'll be sure to call you Mr. Orange-Hair, in commemoration of it.
Zobot: Shota: ... one word of advice. Chejop can be very, VERY persuasive. Don't ever agree to help him unless you're prepared to be unable to break your word.
ladymadsci: Mei: [focuses seriously, internalizing the advice] Thank you.
Zobot: Ok... at a touch from Mei, the doors themselves seem to melt away, revealing a long hallway with many doors behind it
ladymadsci: Mei waves to Shota, and enters the Manse.
ladymadsci: Inside, she looks around.
Zobot: As you enter the manse, a cold chill passes over you. You feel your forehead faintly tingling... while inside, your caste mark is present as a matter of point: you can't hide it.
ladymadsci: What does the hallway look like?
Zobot: You are now standing in a long hallway, it's dimly lit, with a candelebra with faintly burning candles (which burn blue, by the way, just like your Anima banner) stretched out every 12 feet. There are 6 doors on either side of the hallway, and a 13th door at the other side farthest away from you. Each of the doors has a plaque next to it written in old realm.
Zobot: What do you do?
ladymadsci: Read the plaques, in order.
Zobot: Can you read Old Realm?
ladymadsci: Yep.
ladymadsci: Linguistics of 2, remember?
Zobot: Ok: The Six on the right side read, in order from closest to farthest away: "Gateway to Central Council's Manse", "Supply Storage" "Filing", "Narra-O's Corridor", "Xao's Corridor", and "The Library"
Zobot: The one farthest away from you reads: "Jupiter"
Zobot: The ones on the left read.. (brb a moment)
Zobot: "Senior Offices", "Junior Offices", "Practice Hall", "Secrets", "REALLY Secret Secrets", and "Manse mechanisms*
ladymadsci: Mei, deciding that she who hesitates is lost, wanders towards the Library.
Zobot: ok. Brb. I ahve to look up the Librarian.
Zobot: Ok... you step into another room lined with bookshelves and surrounded by corridors. And no doorway back out.
Zobot: There are countless pathways spreading out everyhwere, and books as far as the eye can see... and, seated at a desk right in front of you, is a lady reading a book, with glasses on, her platinum-blond hair done up in a bun, and a wrinkle on her forehead. She doesn't look up, but adresses you. "Yes?"
ladymadsci: [hold on a sec]
Zobot: ok
ladymadsci: Mei: [first takes the opportunity to glance at the titles of the books] I'm sorry, but I was dropped here, and told that I have to meet a 'sifu', and Chejop Kejak, in that order...
Zobot: Lady: Mm... if you were looking for Chejop Kejak, you took a wrong turn. This is my library. Are you new?
ladymadsci: Mei; Yes.
Zobot: Lady: Then I am obligated to say it is a pleasure to meet you. *She attempts a smile, only manages to look curt, and gives up, going back to her book." I am one of the 3 Senior gods working under Jupiter, Luxana, the Daimyo of Recorded Knowledge. May I have your full true name?
ladymadsci: Mei: *sigh* Meiguihua Ban Yu [Petal of the Jade Rose].
Zobot: Luxana: *Records it down* Alright. If you ever need to conduct any research or begin the path of Sorcery, you may come to me for information. As for the question you were most likely going to ask, take 4 left hand turns from that hallway- *She points to a hallway on the other side of the enclosure you're in* and open the Jade door. You'll get back to the entranceway. Central Chair Kejak's office will be the 5th door you can see.
ladymadsci: Mei promptly follows the directions.
ladymadsci: When she gets to the aforementioned 5th door, she takes a note of what's written on its plaque— and, if it's one she didn't see before, she wonders why.
Zobot: Actuallly, when you get bakc to the main hallway, it's no longer straight.
ladymadsci: ????
Zobot: In fact, it's shaped like a plus sign, with the door reading "Juipeter" in the same place on the far end of the hall, facing the exit. But there are now two branching hallways, each with six of the 12 other doors on them
ladymadsci: Mei just gives up and goes through the fifth door that catches her attention.
Zobot: (Don't look at me like that. This is how the Forbidding Manse of Ivy IS... the interior changes every time you go through a door. They say that anyone who works there eventually just develops a knack for knowing how to get where they go)
Zobot: (Just consider yourself lucky you aren't a Chosen of Serenity... the building they work out of caters to every single pursuit of pleasure imaginable... including the dirty ones... eeew)
ladymadsci: Jane: I'm sure I wouldn't mind.
ladymadsci: Mei: What are you doing in my story?
Zobot: Luxana: We employ Jane's Exalted Alternate as a Mortal Leision in our Secret-Keeping endevors. She's very.... VERY... good at keeping things we need covered up covered up.
Zobot: (That should be OOC, by the way)
ladymadsci: [you mean 'Liason', right?]
Zobot: (...spelling is hard!)
Zobot: Ok... at long last, you've found yourself in...another hallway. This one is circular and in the pattern of a half circle. There are about 7 doors, one of them reading "Chejop Kejak" on the far end. On the other end, however, there's... a changing blind, half-pulled shut, with a question mark pattern... someone is giggling queitly behind it.
ladymadsci: Mei investigates the blind first, but if there's a door, she doesn't step through.
Zobot: There's no door. Just a voice, quietly giggling to itself. When you approach, however, you hear a voice from behind it. "Ah... ThE cHoSeN oNe HaTh ArRiVeD!"
ladymadsci: Mei: [*sigh* What have I got myself into?] Yes?
Zobot: "MmMmHmHm! MeI, yOuR cHoIcE wIlL- (Ok, this sort of typing takes forever so I'm just oging to write it normally, you cna just assume that it sounds all crezzy) -decide who among your friends lives or dies! Yes... I can see your future clearly... you will voyage into the Wyld... visit a place man has not walked in ages... and obtain the legendary ripened-yellow peelfruit of destiny! Mwahahaha!
ladymadsci: [A name comes into Mei's mind. It is an odd name, but it fits.]
ladymadsci: Mei: Herman.... Toothrot, I presume?
Zobot: "Look behind and see... would you like me to tell you the name? The name that will give you mastery over reality?"
ladymadsci: Mei looks behind her briefly.
Zobot: Behind HER or behind the screen?
ladymadsci: Behind herself.
Zobot: Ok, you see nothing.
ladymadsci: Mei: [might as well humor him.] All right. Tell me.
ladymadsci: [Writer: If I, or Mei, had more sense, I'd decline, but...]
Zobot: "The name of the Wyld! The Name is ><><><><><><@$*(&" Ok, suddenly everything itself starts to bend and distort around you. Sound seems to beocme matter, matter to light, and everying vanishes and exists and doesn't exist and you feel your mind melt like a twig and reform and- then you forget it all. You wake up, suddenly sane again, in a small, plain room, on a carpeted floor, with an elderly, balding man staring over you.
Zobot: Man: ...Mei, I presume? The new chosen of Secrets?
ladymadsci: Mei: Uuuuuuhhhhhh..... yeah. Hi.
Zobot: Man: First of all, that was Xaos. The god of Secrets Not Yet Known. As a general rule of thumb, it would be prudent never to listen to whatever he says.
Zobot: Man: He's tragically gone insane ever since something that happened long ago..
ladymadsci: Mei: Oh.
ladymadsci: Mei: And you are?
Zobot: Man: And what he was trying to tell you nearly drove YOU insane.
ladymadsci: Mei: Oh.
ladymadsci: Mei: Oops.
Zobot: Man: I an Chejop Kejak, and I was very surprised once I heard a girl babbling about being prince of the kumquats outside my door
ladymadsci: Mei: What's behind the screen?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Xaos' true form. Anyone who sees it, thus far, has fallen over into a seisure since his unfortuante mission inot the deep Wyld....
ladymadsci: Mei: *suddenly realizes she was very fortunate*
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: SOMETIMES what he saids is a very real and significat and important secret foreshadowing the future,. but most of the time it's just idle babble
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: We'd replace him, but honestly no one else WANTS his job... and technically he outranks everyone but Nara-O and the Maiden of Secrets herself
ladymadsci: Mei: *picks herself up off the floor* I.... see. So who is Nara-O, and... you're the leader of the Sidereals, huh? [looks around at the room]
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: That is Ridiculous. I am the oldest and most powerful of the Sidereal Exalted, but that does not make me their master.... although my wisdom is often heeded by others.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Nara-O is the offical head of the Bureau of Secrets, and both of our bosses... he is the God of Secrets Known only to One, and Jupiter's cosort
ladymadsci: Mei: [has just about recovered from being melted and reformed] All right. [looks around the room] So, why did you want to meet with me? [tries for innocent impression; it isn't hard] To teach me some basics?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak turns and walks over to his desk, sitting down. "Would you like some tea, child?"
ladymadsci: Mei: [tea. oh-kaaaaaay..... what's this about?] [smiles] That would be delightful.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: I never discuss business this early without tea. Forgive an old man his quirks, lass. *He closes his eyes... at first you hear a soft humming.... then you realize it's actually HIM, chanting faster than you can even distingusih... suddenly, in a flash of blue essence, a tea tray with a pot of whatever Mei's favorite tea flavor is and two cups appears, as well as a plate of what look to be scones, shaped like giant cherry petals*
ladymadsci: Mei: [pours a cup of the tea, sniffing it slightly to get a whiff of that flavor she remembers so well... and to make sure there's nothing else in it. she also takes a scone.]
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: *Pours his tea first and makes a show of sipping it in order to prove to you it's not poisoned..."
ladymadsci: Mei promptly sips a small portion of the tea, and carefully takes a bite of scone.
ladymadsci: Mei: So. You said, 'business'?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Yes. For the first bit, I must inform you that I have asked Shota and Fujiko to lie to both you and your friend.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak closes his eyes.
ladymadsci: Mei: [narrowly avoids a spit-take. trying to keep calm....]
Zobot: "As I told your friend, if you were to hate anyone for spiriting you away, it ought to be me, since I gave the order."
ladymadsci: Mei: About?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak looks at you sternly. "Give it a few years and you would have discovered it on your own, but it is best that the choice not be yours. You see... we, the Sidereal... the world abhors our presence. We are not part of it's destiny, and therefore it strives to erase us. By now, everyone you have ever loved, anyone who has ever grown up with you, everyone you knew and grew close to, has forgotten your name."
Zobot: (OOC: This isn't NECESSARILY entirely true, but Chejop Kejak certainly isn't going to tell you every detail when telling you just what he wants you to hear suits him better)
ladymadsci: Mei: [almost asks about the others who exalted, but thinks better of it. best to play her cards close to the chest. that decided, she speaks the next thing that comes into her head.] ...............that fast?
ladymadsci: [OOC: I know. I read the manual.]
Zobot: Chejop kejak: Yes.
ladymadsci: Mei: Does this apply to all Sidereals?
ladymadsci: Mei: Is it one-time, or permanent?
ladymadsci: Mei: Why is this?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: It is permanent... due to something that happened long ago. But you are not here for a history lesson.
ladymadsci: Mei: Everyone? What about... say, other Exalted? [OOC: I'm assuming Shota+Fujiko taught her a little history during the journey.] Or other Sidereals?
ladymadsci: Mei: What is the rate of memory's fade?
ladymadsci: Mei: Are there ways to create exceptions?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: The only ones I know of who are not immune are other Siderals and the most powerful of the gods.
ladymadsci: Mei: [continues trying to DoS him]
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Some powerful Exalts and strong willed mortals will take LONGER to forget, but no one can remember a sidereal entirely unless they walk under the hood of a Resplendant Destiny.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: To interact with Creation, we craft false identites that people will remember for ourselves
ladymadsci: Mei: [finishes with] .....including my mother?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: ... eventually, yes.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: If you return, she would remember you, eventually... but... as long as you are apart, you would fade from her mind.
ladymadsci: Mei: And, you told this to Baoshi?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Fate seeks to sweep us away, like unwanted motes of salt across a dining room table.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Yes.
ladymadsci: Mei: Far be it from me to offer suggestions, but if what I make of him is accurate, he's really not going to take it well.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak's brow furrows. "No one takes it well. That's why we don't let anyone know until they return to Yu Shan."
ladymadsci: Mei: Ah.
ladymadsci: Mei: Was... this what you wanted to tell me?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak nods. "In part. However, I also wanted to get a good gauge of who and what you were this time around... and I believe I have. Lastly, I wished to demonstrate exactly what we are up against to you."
ladymadsci: Mei: [a strange thought comes into her head. She speaks it without considering its content.] I don't suppose you could get a Cleese for him, or something...
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: ...what is a cleese?
ladymadsci: Mei: *blinks* [why did I say that?] [makes an excuse] Sorry. Nonsense thought. I think my encounter somewhat took it out of me.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Hmm... odd. Now then. *He stands up and withdraws a scroll case inexplicably from the folds of his robes* I am told that your Exaltation occurred alongside several others, including those of many anathema.
ladymadsci: Mei: ....yes. Speaking in a broad sense, of course.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: *Begins to open the scroll case* You should make no mistake. They are not what they appear to be.
ladymadsci: What I know is, I was.... er, I experienced... never mind. I think I was the last to get gifted thusly.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Would that they could, they would wipe out every problem mankind faces and lead in a new golden age.
ladymadsci: Mei: Oh. Well, that sounds good, then.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: *Removes what appears to be a small fiber from the scroll case, and lets it land on the table* And this is what resulted from the last time they were allowed to do taht
ladymadsci: [that's a thread of the Loom of Fate, isn't it?]
Zobot: (Something like that, yes)
ladymadsci: Mei: [picks up the fiber, curiously]
Zobot: Ok.. give me a moment. I've gotta type something in the Chat thread's game
Zobot: Ok...
Zobot: Reality melts away from Mei. At first it feels like what happened with Xaos, but then you open your eyes into a different world. You see countless visions. Visions of peace and prosperity... of mortal servants serving Sun Kings... of amazing wonders and creations beyond mortal men. And then, through a haze of blood, you see what happens next.
Zobot: You see men enslaved for no reason. Mortals being experimented on to try and create new exaltations. Blood sacrifices to the Sun Kings themselves. Hedonism. Abuse.... the last memories you can witness are of a laughing prince whipping what you feel to be your body over and over again for a stray word... and that's before Chejop Kejak snatches the cord away from you."
ladymadsci: Mei: *blinks* Uuuuhhhhmmmmmmmmm......
Zobot: Chejop Kejak closes his eyes as he puts the cord back inside the scroll case. (INcidentally, take one bashing damage from the intensity of the vision itself)
ladymadsci: Mei: What. Was. That.
Zobot: "Would that they could, they would solve everyone's problems... or go insane trying. The Solar Exalted, the Anathema, were created as Perfect Beings. Can you imagine what it would be like to be Perfect in an imperfect world? To lose all challenge? To be better than nearly everyone at anything innately? To know that everything is so simple and wonder why others couldn't understand it?"
Zobot: Chejop Kejak scowls at you. "Permitted to live, they would develop followings... cults around their personalities. They would be seen as gods... champions... heroes. And then, years after their rise to power, they would fall into corruption. It has happened once before. Every great tragedy... every "cataclysm" creation has ever suffered has happneed because of a change in the ruling powers around it. Even my hands are not clean. And each time Creation has become lessened because of it. Despite Good intentions, if the Solar Exalted were allowed to exist once more, their inevitable rise to authority would merely be our death blow."
ladymadsci: Mei: What happened? And why did they become corrupted if they were perfect?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak frowns. "I do not know... and I am the last remaining who lived to see it. There are theories, of course, but none which explain why what was meant to be perfect fell so far... or why they went so mad.
ladymadsci: And.... what happened then?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak crosses his arms. "The Sidereal saw a vision in the Loom of Fate, the predicted future, and the recorded past and present, of our world: Oblivion."
Zobot: Chejop Kejak sighs. "And we saw a way to prevent it.... creation would continue, albeit in a diminished state
Zobot: I have to reboot my computer. Brb
ladymadsci: Okay.
Session Start (profzobot:ladymadsci): Mon Jul 12 01:14:51 2010 -0500
Zobot: back
ladymadsci: Okay.
Zobot: Anyways... so let's pick up where we left off
ladymadsci: All right.
Zobot: so yeah... Chejop Kejak continues. "Slaughter the Princes of the Earth, the Sun Kings, and any allies of theirs standing in their way, and prevent them from coming back. That was the only option we had to prevent oblivion."
ladymadsci: Mei's not sure what to think.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak looked at her. "The Sidereal of that time chose to supplant the Solar Exalted in place of the Dragon Blooded, who were much more numerous, but much less in power."
ladymadsci: Mei: Not to.... counter what you say, but I seem to recently recall some Dragon-Blooded (at least I assume that's what they were) chasing me with a single intent.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: That's because, for better or worse, immaculate teachings, which the dragon blooded largely follow, don't make any differentiations between sidereal and the other Exalted.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak looks at you. "We operate in secret. Any properly trained Sidereal shoudln't be caught by dragon blooded to begin with. And as I mentioned beofre, Creation easily forgets us. Even if we wanted to make an exception for our own kind, it would never STICK."
ladymadsci: Mei: Oh.
ladymadsci: Mei: So, what happens now? For me, I mean.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: For now, you recieve a few weeks of training. After that, you will be a new member of the Fivefold Fellowship, the Sidereal Exalted, and, at times, be sent down to Creatoin to conduct fieldwork.. Or, alternately, if you wish, after you ahve recieved your training, you can choose to leave. I do not recommend that, however.
ladymadsci: Mei: Go on. Explain both about fieldwork... and what happens if you leave.
ladymadsci: [note: you're going to be on after this, right? Because I might have to leave for about half an hour to 45 min.]
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: if you leave, it merely means you have none of the support or learning we and we alone can provide you with
Zobot: Your existance in creation, so long as you do not do anyhting to threaten the Loom of Fate, will not be our problem, nor will you be allowed to return to Yu Shan. If you cause problems, we will kill you, otherwise, we'll leave you alone. But if you stay, you can learn to become a part of cretaoin again, at least in part... and you can become something more than what you are now...
Zobot: (I AM going to call it at 2:00 am, my time. So I'll be unavailable after then)
ladymadsci: [okay.]
ladymadsci: Mei: All right. You mentioned 'fieldwork'?
Zobot: Chejop Kejak takes a sip of tea. "Yes. Missions that sidereal go on in defense of the Loom of Fate and of Creation itself. Missions are issued by the various bureaus, divisions, and councils you are affiliated with, as well as the Council of Oversight and theoretically the Maidens of Fate themselves.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: As it stands, you sit on no councils and work in no divisions, so any work you'd do would be concerning the Bureau of Secrets, and would mostly concern discovering that which is kept secret, or covering up some form of dangeorus knowledge in Creatoin... although exceptions always come up."
ladymadsci: Mei: I see.
ladymadsci: Mei: Well. Oh, Mr. Orange-hair mentioned a 'sifu'?
ladymadsci: [I understand— though it seems no one wants to stay up until 2AM PDT these days.]
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: Normally, you would study under many teachers for years before you Exalted. However, we are pressed for time and need everyone we can. And since you've already taken your Second Breath and seem to know how to use it, at least on a rudimentary level, you get instead a crash course on our ancient lore and the martial arts all Sidereal know at least a bit of.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: As the senior mortal member of the Bureau of Secrets, the task of presenting you wiht a Sifu falls to me. And I have chosen that your teacher will be the man known as Wilting Lotus. I shall send him over to you tomorrow.
Zobot: Chejop Kejak: That is all. You may leave.
ladymadsci: Mei leaves.
ladymadsci: ....scene?
ladymadsci: Oh, wait~
ladymadsci: Mei: Thank you. [Bows or gives some gesture of respect]
Zobot: *Nods*
ladymadsci: Then she leaves.
ladymadsci: .....scene?
Zobot: Ok... and...scene
ladymadsci: Yay!
ladymadsci: That was fun
Zobot: What do you think so far?
ladymadsci: This is going quite neatly.
Zobot: Incidentally... you may already know if you've read the guide, but one of the big things that happens when you JOIN the bronze faction si that you have "Tea with Chejop Kejak"...
Zobot: and this was a public thing. Even if it happened irregularly... it now loks like Mei and Baoshi are at least somewhat suspicious.
ladymadsci: Suspicious of...?
Zobot: That was one of the reasons Chejop Kejak used that privilege... to intentoinally get the Gold Faction to be wary of the two of you before you even met them
ladymadsci: Oh. Of-suspicious them.
Zobot: Political intrigue.
ladymadsci: Ai yi yi....
ladymadsci: Anyway, it was a nice session.

_________________
We've learned a lot, but this still isn't going to be easy. But I don't think the elder star's confidence in us was misplaced. I know we can do this! We'll set things right! ...somehow.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Quote:
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am » peopel have to get some sleep and all that.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am » We're calling it there.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am » Aaand... scene
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am » Second... suddenly something begins to happen. The lion begins to animate. You watch as the paws spread out, nearly crushing Dusk and Falilng Star, however they move out of the way... the head slumps forward, and lays on the ground, as the mouth opens... revealing a darkened passageway...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 am » DekaOOC: Hey, who knows where the door opens up anyways
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 am » ShunOOC: Brilliant move crazy lady.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 am » too late, and that goes to perferal by 4
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 am » makes sense Chic
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » Ok. First of all: Deka: Mark off 15 points of essence. It seems alomst as if the Lion is devouring your essence.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » I do.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » You don't hate saying that chic, you jsut want to play your characater :)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » Hawk, I though we were joinging you before you opened the door?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » That had to be very scary, and 1 valor.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 am » earlier* about* mote* personal essense* statue*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » Okay, I hate to say this, but I should make a valor roll or spend willpower before trying to get back up that rope.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » gah bad typing
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » yeah
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » Then I'd better not use obvious magic.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » so a night's sleep would fix it
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » Well I placed my hands in the indentations and remembering what was done easrlier, see aobut channeling 1 motes of personal into the statues and see what happens*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am » So it'd be like getting hit wiht a baseball somoene threw, really.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am » It's very light damage, And with your saok you'd only take 1 of it anyway.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am » Err, well, Bashing damage goes away by 1 point every 6 hours of rest.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am » And the spell description says Obvious.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am » How bad off am I if I just suck it up? Haven't taken damage before.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am » (poke)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am » Ok... Deka, what are you doing up there?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am » (Well... correct me if I'm wrong, but if you use personal motes for it, it doesn't make you glow... it's just obviously magical, since you bounced off the ground without harm)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am » Okay, question-
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am » ShunOOC: Yeah, working on it.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 am » Safe but glowing.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 am » DekaOOC: Shun, You better get back down and help her up and make sure she is ok
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 am » (yep.. spend four motes and you'll be safe, if I recall... ^_^)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am » Of course, it's obvious...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am » Yeah, that's why I asked ealier if whoever was on top could pull me up.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am » Ok... yes, you can use that charm
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am » Soak is 3 bashing, 1 lethal.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am » Could I use the Spirit strenghtens skin?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am » what's your soak?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am » err...just 4 B damage, I mean
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » ("How did you survive a 2 miles drop?" "Easy, I blocked the ground")
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » If it increased your soak it would protect you, but as it is... you take about 4 L bashing daage.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » I do have Spirit Strenghtens the Skin,
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » course it can, you just dodge the ground! It's like flying!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » *nods* That's fair.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » I'm not sure,
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am » @Chic: Hmm... technically, that charm is supposed to defend against Attacks... this isn't an attack
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am » I have a feeling Deka is going to be alone on top of the lion pretty soon
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am » I don't think a dodge charm will help with falling.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am » Your hand slips from the rope and with a shriek, you start to plunge towards the earth. Although Falling Star runs to catch you, he can't get there in time...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am » Oh, yes.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am » gonna hurt
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am » Can I invoke Durability of Oak? Page 206, 207.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am » from about midway up. That's... not good...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am » Dusk, you're falling.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am » Err... not now taht you've rolled, Shun
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am » Ah, well...who wants to live forever?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am » can Shun help Dusk?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am » botch... ouch
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am » eeek
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am » fail!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am » Dusk will tie the end of the rope around herself before climbing. BBCode1d10=1, 1d10=4
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 am » heh, shun shoots up the rope like a monkey...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 am » Eek. 0 athletcs, dex and str each 2. Cursed diplomate character...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 am » BBCode 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=8
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 am » Deka: Hmmm *will place her hands in the indentations*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am » nvm
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am » what do I roll to examine again? investigation and int?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am » ok... Deka can move a bit of Mane away so that it looks like it's a different part. Underneath are two indentations shaped like hands spread out.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am » Just an athletics + dexterity or strength check, Chic.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am » Okay, what roll do we need to make to climb up the rope?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am » *will try to secure the rope so the others can follow before examining the stone
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am » Deka is now next to a bit of the stone mane of the lion that looks as if it can be moved or shifted
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am » yay
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 am » Ok... You pass on both coutns, Hawk.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 am » Stealth check (1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=1)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 am » (yes I registerd so I can add notes)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 am » Althetics check to climb lion (1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=6)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 am » Dusk: Heh, I'll say our crazy master has driven you to attempt suicide, if I have to.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am » Ok, make the rolls
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am » Dusk: Ready.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am » Deka: Ready?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am » Shun: Works for me. Let's get on with it.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am » Deka: Oh and if I am spotted and dissapear, just pretend the guards are seeing things ok
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 am » Deka: I beleive so
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 am » Dusk: *nods* At least now we could say we were getting details right-they think we're crazy anyway. Deka, can you fasten the rope securely once you're up, so the rest of us can climb and join you, before opening it?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 am » Shun: Heh, like I said, I can handle a few guards.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 am » Falling Star: It might be a loud noise... it mgiht be quiet. It might cause the entire lion to shatter.... all I know is that the Lion's nature will change somehow. Regardless, once we enter, it will become obvious that we've done so.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 am » Falling Star: But at the same time, it might also be possible to mislead or distract the guards... then again, I don't knwo what sort of disturbance opening the door would make.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:29 am » Falling Star: Coming back at dark presents us with a new risk and a new opportunity. It may be easier to sneak in, but if we ARE caught there would be no way to convince these men we were not thieves or criminals or brigands or mountebanks.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 am » Deka: Sure Falling
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 am » Deka: I think alter would be ideal, give us time to FULLY prepare and the darkness will cover us up nicely
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 am » Shun: go ahead.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 am » Falling Star: Um... may I offer a word of advice?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:27 am » Shun: Then since you'd be the one climbing, now or later? I'm sure I can handle a few guards.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 am » Dusk: It'd be ideal if there was a disturbance on the opposite side to draw the guard's attention away for a little while...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 am » Deka: I would think stealth is key for this
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 am » hmm... 3 dots in strength and 3 of them... I'm not sure...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:25 am » Dusk: *sighes* Shun's taking the biggest risk. Up to him. Shun, can you pull us up once you're there?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:25 am » Shun: So which one?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 am » there's not a ton of observers, even if it is in an outdoors area
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 am » only a -1 because there aren't actually that many guards out there and this IS private property.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 am » Shun: Six of one half a dozen of the other.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 am » only a -1? I expected more tbh
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 am » Dusk: let's call this reconassince and come back tonight.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 am » Deka: But I can see we might have to
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 am » However, I should mention that the stealth check is at -1 dice for the sake of it being difficult to avoid notice. It's birght out, there's guards on patrol, and you're in the open. Plus, there's not much places to hide while climbing a lion statue
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 am » Deka: I prefer to get this done soon
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 am » Dusk: Want to sneak back tonight?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 am » You know, for a bad moment there I thought Fallen Star had set us up and was turning us in for the reward..
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 am » Shun: Thank you. Now have rope. any ideas?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 am » So I would have 6 for the althetic check and a 8 for the stealth
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 am » Fallen Star looks up. "Hm? Oh yes... I brought a few things to help... dear me, this is quite exciting!" He hands Shun 50 feet of rope... nearly the only thing he was carrying
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:19 am » he, MIGHT be able to get up there unoticed...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:19 am » Shun= 5 dex, 3 athletics, 0 stealth
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 am » I have no dots in athletics, so you're up on me, Deka!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 am » Shun: Hey, fallen star. Got any rope?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 am » *they
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » Pity weve allready had a run in with the guards-otherwise if they saw we could say it was a drunken bet.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » would thay be a flurry?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » Deka has only a 2 in althetics
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » it's unlikely shun would have rope.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » the first is a Dexterity + Atheltics Check, and the second is a Stealth + Dexterity
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am » So who has stealth and athletics?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 am » Not I.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 am » To avoid the attention of the guards, you'd have to amke TWo skill checks: One for climbing and one for stealth.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am » zo, if Shun climbed the statue correctly, would he avoid the attention of the guards?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am » Not I said the cat
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am » Deka: You figure it out, I will keep a look out
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am » Teal: *peeps at a pygmy shrew*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am » Ok...does anyone have rope?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 am » We need a rope-I think we'd all like to go up there.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 am » back
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 am » D'awwwww again...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:13 am » I want to wait for Zo to get back so I can check if the guards would be able to see Shun
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:13 am » http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Pygmy_Shrew What do you think, Claire?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 am » Dusk: We could come back after dark...but if they see us, they'll think we're burglers..or coutesans.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 am » Dusk: It's the middle of the day-unless you can turn invisible someone will take a shot at you.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » Shun: Well... if I'm quick about it... maybe?
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » D'awwwww...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » ok
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » Ok, I have to reboot my computer. Brb
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » Deka: and not be seen?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am » OOC: A pygmy shrew. Weighes 4 grams, has the highest metabolic rate of almost any animal, must eat about every two hours.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 am » Shun: I could climb up there.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 am » Deka: And last time I checked, no one can fly
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 am » OOC: I found the perfect pet for Teal.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 am » WeiOOC: Yay... don't have to fight guards in the middle of the day...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 am » Shun:*eyeroll!*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 am » Dusk: Okay, I notice what looks like a loose bit up top, at the mane. Trouble is, this thing's what, 60 feet high?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 am » Ok, the guards are leaving, yes.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 am » For some reason Firefox and several toher programs I had froze up at once
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 am » Ok...sorry.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:07 am » *poke*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 am » Because Dusk doesn't want to talk to the others while the guards are in earshot.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 am » (poke)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 am » hmm
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am » Are the guards walking away?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am » (*matches poke for poke*)
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 am » *Launches poking flurry at Chat*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 am » *hee!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am » Shun:*rolls eyes once the guards are gone*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am » Shun:*full bow and a smile*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am » (*chat pokes back*)
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am » (*pokes chat*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am » oops, nevermind*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am » Dusk: *nudges Shun to follow suit*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am » Shun:*slight bow*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am » Deka: *bows as well*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am » Dusk: *bows* Our deepest thanks. Sir.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am » *hair braided around her circlet, to hide it as she wears it**darn it, I should have cast Mastery of Small manners, but didn't declare it before I spoke*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am » And I have to refresh, dang conenction is being buggy on me
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am » Ok... the head guard listens to Dusk and raises an eyebrow. "I suppose if you're just admiring the statue there's nothing too wrong with that... I mean, it's not as if you can steal something that big. Just don't wander around the grounds. People will get the wrong ideas about you ladies.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 am » *sigh* 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=2
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 am » 3, plus 1, plus 2 for something else, for manipulation.BBCode1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=3
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 am » ok making a manipulation check then
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 am » you can both add 1 die to the roll because of Shun
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 am » ok... Deka and Dusk, you should both make Appearance or Manipulation + Presence checks, depending on if you're trying to use your looks to convince them or your words.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 am » Shun:*internally sighs and tries a smile to see if it helps things any*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am » *nope, appearance 3 here, unless i use mastery of small manners, and it increases one*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am » Dusk: *bows* Forgive these humble ones. We did not mean to tresspass on the hon ored Daimyo Kubota. The sheer grandeur of his estate is overwhelming....may these humble ones spend a moment in study of these magnificent lions? And lions are symbols of strength, Sir, and power. Besides, much safer to study a statue than a real lion, eh?.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am » Deka: Our Lord have strange tastes I admit but if you look closely at the carved lines in the lions, you can see a beauty that is hard to find in most places
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 am » Writer:*evil grin*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am » Several of the guards are giving you odd looks now, Deka...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am » Writer: Beacause I'm evil. does anyone have an appearance higher than 4? Cause if not I'd say Shun should be presented as the possible model for the robe...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am » THe guard looks confused. "...copy a design of a LION statue for a new robe? What kind of freaky robe is your employer making, lady?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am » Deka: We mean no harm but merly want to do our duty
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am » Deka: *nods* I am sorry to disturb you. Our employer was merly euthesatic about the design of this statue and merely wished us to study it so we can copy the designs for his new robe. *bows*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 am » ShunOOC: Deka, talk fast...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:44 am » Heehee
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am » *snicker*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am » ShunOOC:... Nope, drawing the line here. I can deal with the dress, but no way am I pretending to be a cortesan.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am » (*snerk*)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am » Dusk: *looks nonthreatening!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 am » Shun:*tries not to look surly*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 am » Head Guard: ....madams, I'm afraid unless you're the cortesans that Daimyo Kubota has requested, I'll have to ask you to leave.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 am » Now then... the guards approaching look ornery and a bit annoyed. One of them, the one in the shiniest armor and with the sharpest looking spear, steps forward.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 am » *poke*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 am » Dusk: *keeps it in mind for later*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 am » Dusk finds something interesting on the lion: it looks like a small part of the mane, on one side, near the top, looks to be LOOSE. It's very small and hard to see, but if you climbed up you might be able to pull it away.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:39 am » Ok... first of all, we'll deal with Chic:
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 am » Deka: *will smile at the approaching guards*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 am » Dusk: *stands behind Shun*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 am » The guards walked up before I could cut and paste earlier...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:36 am » (Oh, I'm slow typing-if it's investigation + 3 mBBCode1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=5
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 am » Shun:*stands just a bit behind Deka*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 am » We'll try...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 am » Dusk: *facepalm* We
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 am » Deka: I think I better *stand in front of the group but waits for the soldiers to come*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 am » Shun: Sure it did. *sigh* I'll handle this. Unless you want to try negotiationg Deka.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 am » Falling Star sighed. "Oh dear... I forgot to mention that this is technically private property.... It slipped my mind, forgive me..."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 am » Shun, actually... you don't just stand about being useless... for as Deka has just foreseen, there are men in armor carrying spears approaching you..
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 am » 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=1
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am » Shun:*will stand by beeing useless and apparently a good looking woman(unless it was supposed to be different)*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am » ok
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am » do I need to make a perception check?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am » Deka, make a wits plus awareness roll
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 am » Ok... make your rolls
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 am » Dusk: *will spend 3 motes of personal essense to add to her roll*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 am » Deka: You do that, I will keep a look out
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 am » Dusk: Yes. *has a first excellency in investigation*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:29 am » Falling star leads you up to one of the lions.. "Here is where the doorway is meant to be... this lion statue is the key. Of all the lion sculptures, it's the only one that shares a key differnence mentioned in the ancient records: The tail is showing as wrapped around the base, rather than simply curled up behind it... theoretically, there should be some way to open a secret entrance, but I don't know what it is... shall we search?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:29 am » Deka: Impressive
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 am » Shun:*whistles, impressed*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 am » Dusk: Wow....
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 am » anyways moving on
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am » Falling Star has led you to a large stone wall... surrounded by giant sculputures of Lions that are as tall as even 6 Shuns, all stacked on top of each other
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 am » The thing is, I don't always trust the randomness of electronic rolling, that is why I prefer handrolling
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 am » heh, yeah even with my crummy dialup
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am » The very center of the city, and the best maintained part... and to a palace at the center of the center of the city.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am » Invisible Castle is easier anyway...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am » it's ok hawk. We know.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am » and for the record I was not cheating!
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 am » Claire: *looks at the jar* ...it is?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 am » Regardless... Falling Star leads you through the city, into the Bastion District
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 am » I knew if my luck went like that Z would do that
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 am » Writer: Your jars don't count. and it's in your writer's head. So there.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am » I knew it
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am » First of all: Hawk, from now on I'd really prefer you to use Invisable castle, ro something I can use to track your rolling.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am » Well, yeah.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am » Heehee.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am » Claire: *holds up a jar of luck* This isn't in my head...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:21 am » Well, here's the fun part about luck. It's all in your head.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 am » yeah
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 am » heh, waiting for your luck to give out at the worst time?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 am » ...that sucked.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am » BBCode1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=1
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am » BBCode 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=8
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am » My dice are scaring me you know that
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am » ok Deka got a 9.9.9.8.6.2.1
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am » Falling Star OOC: Aww...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am » Except for Falling Star.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am » yeah, well I figure Dusk and deka would insist to keep the facade up.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am » Ok... everyone make Wits + Awareness checks.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am » But you don't HAVE to walk like a girl if you don't want to
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am » You can roll to walk right if you want, Shun
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am » Grandpa Jun will stay behind, and watch for trouble.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am » does shun have to roll to see if he manages to walk right? Since the issue came up...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am » yep
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » Yep!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » yes
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » I have to admt, I am surprisaed at how well I rolled
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » Anyways... so you guys are going to the tomb now?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » Ok, back.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am » thanks, they were fun too.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 am » *The exalted pairing pictures were awesome, Demo*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 am » *snicker*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 am » heh, now I have to draw a disguised Shun since we've done this twice now and it provides such amusement.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 am » Grandpa Jan: *watches, amused*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 am » (I so need to raise my dex eventually)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 am » Shun:*sigh...mimics Dusk.(Dex of 5 should let him pull it off I think...)*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 am » Dusk: Move you hips like this, and your stride, like so...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 am » DuskOOC: S'alright.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 am » DekaOOC: I should have left the bapping to Dusk, sorry
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 am » Dusk: *sighes* Like this, Shun, watch me.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 am » Deka: *baps Shun on the head* act the part or that disguise will do nothing
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 am » Shun:*acting? What's that? most manly walking woman you've ever seen.*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 am » one moment. I have to go get something. I'll be back in a second
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 am » Alright...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am » Deka: Make sure to move like the age she is diguised as*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am » Grandpa Jan: Heh. Unless you need me along... I suppose someone needs to watch the cart.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am » Deka: Lead on
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am » OOC: If I have to call Shun by another name, it's Gilligan.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am » Shun: Funny, I'm not a lady so it works.*grump*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am » Falling Star: Ah... yes. Shall we proceed?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am » Deka: You staying here right Cart Grandfather?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am » Dusk: That's not very ladylike, Shun.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am » Shun: Shut it gramps.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am » Dusk: Yes, let's go! *tries to stifle a grin*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am » Grandpa Jun: Hello, Ma;am.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am » Perfect then
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:06 am » Shun:*disguised as a woman again* Can we go now?*grump*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:06 am » And not particulary rich.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:06 am » Err...Deka, Falling is about 60 and is graying haired and old.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 am » (Goodnight, Dr. Beard!)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 am » For giggles, Deka will disguise herself to look like Falling's wife
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 am » (Night beard)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » Ok... Falling and Dusk are the only two that look sorta similar.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » ((Good night))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » Night Dr. Beard.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » Goodnight, Dr. Beard.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » (night!)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » g'night beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » ((Goodnight))
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am » FuzzyOOC: *watching, amused*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 am » ShunOOC:...*shrugs* A random peddler woman I guess...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 am » WeiOOC: Just make sure it's not a dress... he can still be dressed girly, just not a dress... then you're not lying to him ^_^
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am » And for Deka.... wow..... 10.10.8.5.3.3
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am » for falling I got 8.8.6.4.3.2
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am » Okay, Demo-you pick Dusk's disguise then.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am » For dusk. I got a 9.9.7.4.2.2
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am » Mmm... ok. so for the toher disguises?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 am » heh, shun being humiliated is a good running gag imo.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 am » DuskOOC: Hey, if we see a wanted poster of us, let's tear it down. And if anyone notices us doing it, we say it's for reference because we want to try for the bounty.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 am » Shun:...*long suffering sigh*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 am » ... Snerk
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am » So I guess for amusement, Deka dresses up Shun to look like a girl then
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am » Writer: Do want. Shun being annoyed is hilarious to me.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am » (I SWEAR! I seem to have good luck when it comes to rolling d10)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am » Dusk: *hands Shun a small mirror*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 am » Dusk: *looks closely at Shun * Deka, you're GOOD.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 am » For dusk. I got a 9.9.7.4.2.2
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:58 am » DuskOOC: Nah, not as a girl. Unless shun's writer wants that.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:58 am » I leave that up to Dusk actually
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:58 am » ...you guys have no idea that it's shun anymore.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 am » *being
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 am » oh, and how's he bing disguised?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 am » Deka: *Does Shun first* (I got a 10.10.9.8.3.1..... surprisingly)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:56 am » Jun: I have some spare robes... I;d offer one of Baoshi's, but the boy somehow destoryed all but hsi festival robe.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am » Shun: Fine, but no dress this time.*determined!*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am » Deka: So who wants to be disguised first then *grins*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am » Dusk: Agreed.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am » DuskOOC: So, disguises and then go?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am » Deka: I don't think anyone is watching us. lets just change now and go
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am » Err... I thought it was inside, but ok. There ins't anyone in the caravan watching you
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am » Yeah..unless he cooked on a stove inside the wagon. Possible.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 am » I thought we were having bacon outisde?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 am » well right now we are seeing if we can see if anyone is watching us
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 am » Err...hawk, you guys are INSIDE the wagon. Looking around will just show you the wagon
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 am » Ok.When you guys have a plan, let me know and we'll proceed
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 am » RandoOOC: *snuggle*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 am » BBCode1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=9
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » ok I got a 10.9.7.6.5.4.3
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » Shun: I could always knock out our current tail then we leave.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » Dusk: *also will look*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » MimicCOOCOO: *rearranges her tag*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » Teal: *hugging Daddee's fingers again* Ah!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am » Grandpa Jan: *gets dressed in a older blue robe od his, with a wave pattern.*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 am » *looks around* (perception+wits right?)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 am » Dusk: I don't know, I just know we're probably being watched here...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Deka: What kind of distraction you thinking?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Shun: We leave for someplace public where we can get lost in the crowd and change there then head for our goal?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Writer: *whistles inncoently*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Dusk: Perhaps, if there was a distraction? *ponders*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Hey, I didn't put it back, Hawk did...
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am » Teal: *stops crying* ...peep?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 am » RandoOOC: Look, can;t she just share my OOC tag?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 am » MimicOOCOOC: *steals Teal's OOC*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 am » TealOOC: *super upset*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » RandoOOC: *snuggles comfortingly*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » Falling Star: *Consents to his disguised-ness*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » Dusk: *to Shun* Of course, the wagon is no doubt watched...and they can just follow whoever is seen leaving it. Ideas?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » Deka: I prefer as soon as possible
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » MimicOOC: *sulk!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » Shun: Great, disguises again.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » TealOOC: ...waaaaah!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 am » GRandpa Jan; you lot tell me when we;re going... this old man needs to chug some tea and prepare a little.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:46 am » Dusk: Thank you, Falling Star. Better safe than sorry.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:46 am » writer: *puts OOC back onto Teal's name*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 am » Falling Star: Oh very well...if you insist...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 am » WeiOOC: Wheee! Mysteriously unmolested tombs...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 am » Dusk: Falling Star? We wish to be circumspect, and disguised-there is little love for us here. I'd like to suggest Deka disguise you also.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 am » Teal: Peeep! *just managed to get rid of all of her O's and C's*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 am » Deka: *nods at Dusk.* I can do that. This time we don't have to disguise Shun as a girl, unless you want me to *smiles*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 am » brb
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 am » MimicOOOOCCC: *invites Teal into her cozy nest of O's and C's*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 am » Shun: Oh, ok then. Much better.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 am » Falling Star: I've already invesitgated the hidden door myself. I'm sure I'd know if it had been opened before.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am » Dusk: But we don't know what's really there. And...I don't want to get hurt as much as anybody, but how many chances do we get to find out about what we are?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am » Jan: Because of the gate.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am » Falling Star: Of course not. The tomb has remained untouched! No one has entered in a thousand years.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am » Jan: Intersting...
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 am » FuzzyOOC: Whee character building!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 am » Shun: Soooo, we're risking life and limb to *not* get anything, except the character building exersize of almost dying?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 am » Falling Star: Actually, I believe the man who ruled this city believed he would reincarnate with his full powers somehow and come back to claim what he sealed away. Obviously that proved not to be the case, however.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 am » Teal: Ah! *gives Mimic the last O*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 am » Dusk: *nods, has an Unconquered Sun side up egg* Deka? How about you disguise us after breakfast, and off we go? *very curious*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am » Jan: Hmm... Interesting...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am » WeiOOC: Aww... we don't get awesome treasures? *sadface*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am » Deka: *nods*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:40 am » Falling Star: Such places have historically always contained traps, but some of the readings I've read seem to indicate this Burial Chamber was only meant to be a temporary home for the objects inside.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 am » Falling Star: Cross-referencing my oldest records with writings of the Immaculate Order, I've found out that the Anathema who once ruled this city was supposedly an Unclean, one of the ancient scholars who the Immaculate order teaches made dark deals with demons for knowledge and power. I believe that this would reflect the contents of the tomb itself... tests of wisdom, willpower, and knowledge, where those who excel are rewarded and those who fail are punished.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 am » Shun:*listening while eating*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 am » Deka: Please enlighten us then
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 am » Grandpa Jan: Oh?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 am » Falling Star: I've done a bit more reading, and I believe I know what's inside the tomb... or at least, what challenges to expect.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 am » Deka: Fallen, what kind of knowledge is in this tomb we are going to today?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 am » .....I love chat. Even if it's a time eater.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 am » MimicOOOCC: *builds a little cave to hide in out of the O's and C's*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 am » WallyOOC: Hmmm.... I don't think I do...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am » Shun: *has already helped himself* ...Thanks.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am » ShunOOC:*jim gaffagin voice* it's bacon!
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am » TealO: *offers Mimic one of her O's which she's managed to tug off*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am » Grandpa Jan: Good man. *brushing his hair*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 am » Falling Star: Hm? Oh... help yourselves... there's Unconquered Sun Side up eggs, Bacon, and some potatoes I borrowed from a nearby farm I'm going to cook...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 am » ChicOOC: They do, I just wondered...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 am » MimicOOCC: *waves at Teal*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am » Deka: Mmmm bacon. *sits next to the fire*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am » WallyOOC: ...I don't know... I haven't tried that one... Don't they usally speak english anyways?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am » Shun: Huzzah for Star! and Bacon. Can't forget the bacon.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am » Dusk: Oh, that smells good. *starts making tea*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » Mmmm...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » Shun:*food! Imawake!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » Grandpa Jan: ...have I mentioned how much I like you, Star?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » Mmm, bacon....
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » The next day, everyone is woken up gently to the smell of searing meat... it seems that Falling star is preparing Bacon.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:32 am » Morning
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am » ClaireOOCupcake: *being weird somewhere else*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am » Moot point now
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am » ChicOOC: Wally? Can you speak grue?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » WallyOOC: No problem... it's fun trying to talk in peeps all the time...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » Basically I want to make sure no one is going to try to kidnapp Deka in the night
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » Ok... so nothing happens in the middle of the night. Good to know.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » doomed...
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » TealOO: Daddee! Peep! *points to the OO*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » I was thinking a covered wagon
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am » 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=3
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am » MimicOOCC: *collects Teal's C and adds it to her own tag*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am » OOC: We're in a wagon, Deka...no bars and rooms and locks.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am » Rando: Thanks Wally...
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am » TealOO: Daddee!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am » Shun:*sleep!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » RandoOOC: *picks up Teal*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » WallyOOC: *picks up teal* Meep Peep eep! *You know you really shouldn't do that?*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Dusk: *grumbles, and nudges Shun*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Sleeping yeah but keeping my door barred and locked and triple locked
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Grandpa Jan: *stays up a while, before sleeping*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » TealOO: *tugtugtugtug*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Ok... sleeping, eh?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Dusk: ...heck with it. Sleeepp....
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am » Deka: I was thinking of something like that Dusk
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » (I decided a long time ago, Shun's a morning person, not night person)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » Oh! Just in case I am making sure my 'room' is secured agaisnt break in
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » Dusk: Do you think we should keep a watch, in case of a doublecross? Or the heck with it?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » Shun: SLEEPING.
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » TealOO: *tugging on one of the O's now*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » Dusk: Oh, drat, wait-
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am » WallyOOC: ...Meep? *I don't think that'll help much...*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » yep
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » Yeah
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » So you guys are going to sleep.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » Shun: I better not end up in a dress again.*grump*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » TealOO: *has succeeded in tugging off the C* Peep!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am » Dusk: *leans on Shun a little*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 am » Dusk: *sleepy* Looks like your disgusie skills will get a workout, Deka.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 am » WallyOOC: Meeep, eep! *It doesn't mean you're someone else... it's just an extra little thing, that lets them know you're over here. You're still Teal, though*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 am » Deka: Not yours, jsut the ones who fought against the dragon blooded
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 am » Deka: Oh Jan, we can't show our faces freely in town, our faces are on wanted posters
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 am » Dusk: *yawns* Goodnight, all.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » Shun: Good. I'm going to sleep now. *gets beds set up for him and Dusk*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » Dusk: Agreed. But we must be twice as cautious not to be followed.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » Grandpa Jan; He likely will. And I think that;s wise, Deka.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » Deka: I don't think we can do anything until we get the copy in the morning anyways. I want to go to this tomb first since I got a couple of days for the agreement
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » DuskOOC: Okay, okay-I'll quit being a worry wart. Let's sell a couple, then,
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 am » TealOOC: Peeeeeeeep! *I don't wanna be someone else!*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am » 500 for just the jade itself, more to a collector who colelcts old coins
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am » WallyOOC: ...Peep, eep meep jeep... *It just means we're over on this side, that's all Teal?*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am » ShunOOC: And what, somone will try and rob us? Or threaten us? We've gotten plenty of both already. A little more won't do any harm
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am » Dusk: Your friend lives here. Will he knows the laws on slavery?
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 am » TealOOC: *trying to get rid of the 'ooc' tag*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 am » DuskOOC: It's up to Deka if she takes that agreement. And Zobot said each coin's worth maybe 500 yen, very rare. We didn't want to flash them around. But sure, let's find a dealer.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 am » Grandpa Jan: Well, I;ll try and remember. But we need a resolution about the arrangement.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 am » Shun: Well, that was almost hilariously easy
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 am » Deka: She means where in town
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 am » TealOOC: Peep? Eep! *pokes the 'ooc'*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 am » Grandpa Jan: ...just find a money changer, or an antiques store.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 am » Dusk: And this is changing the subject, but we keep forgetting. *shows Grandpa one of the old jade coins* We'd like to sell one or two, if we can safely. You've been here before-any ideas on finding a collecter?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » Grandpa Jun: ...I have one thing that would help. I will Sponser you. I;m a Dragon Blooded, like it or not... even a stray, they might have to pay a little careful attention to.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » So have you guys come to a resolutation yet?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » MimicOOC: *tries to approach Teal again, this time with Dr. Beard*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » FuzzyOOC: *snugglesnugglesnuggle*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » WeiOOC: ...Eh, whatever... *snuggles*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am » Shun: Well, we could always send a message to one of our shadows...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am » Deka: But having a written copy will help our cause, forgery or not
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am » Deka: that has crossed my mind
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am » Dusk: I just don't like them knowing who we are and where we are like they do, and them following us.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am » Deka: I doubt it is air tight and I bet we can find many loopholes and problems with it
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am » Grandpa Jan: it'll be a forgery, I imagine...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:16 am » Deka: I suspect there is more he isn't telling me about the agreement, hence I asked for a copy
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am » Andrewooc: s*Snuggles* Better then what happened to me in candyland...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am » Deka: He said my destiny was to find this treasure. They knew about it before the agreement
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am » Shun: Shut it gramps. It was a disguise, one I wasn't too keen on...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am » Grandpa Jan; Where, there goes my first two suggestions. Well, then we need a compromise, at the least.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am » Davidooc: *Cuddling Andrew* I think that's the third board game I've played that ended in a trade agreement
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » WeiOOC: I know I don't...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » Deka: I know I can run away or kill him but I want to find a different uniquie solutionb
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » MimicOOC: *sets up a thriving economic relationship, then abdicates in favor of a handpicked white piece leader, leaving the two sides to their new allied existence*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » Grandpa Jan: Nice dress, boy.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » Dusk: Deka? What did he say about your destiny? That was odd....and apparently true. *wipes off makeup*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am » Deka: I don't know anyone. But I am glad you are thinking along the same tracks as me. If we can prove that agreement to be void, then I am free
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 am » Shun: Huh?*holds still*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 am » Dusk: Even if that eyeshadow brings out your blue eyes.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 am » Grandpa Jan: Well, you;re not your fathers to give away. Anyone know the laws for this area on property?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » Davidooc: *Watches as the checker pieces accept the wood polish and offer a peace treaty with Mimic and a trade agreement*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » Dusk: *giggles, and gets a cloth* Hold still, Shun.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » Falling Star: *Is asleep*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » MimicOOC: *offers the wood polish*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » Shun: Agreed.*back in normal clothes... forgot the makeup Deka applied*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am » Dusk: What worries me is that all this 'treasure beyond price' comes up after we've talked to your friend. And it's whatever god is the guild's patron who wants this treasure....
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am » Deka: *nods* I agree. They are supposed to have the agreement here in the morning. he gave me a few days to think about it. Dusk pointed out this treasure may be the same thing That Fallen wants us to help find
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am » Grandpa Jan: ....Oh, that is *such* utter bullshit.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am » Andreeooc: *swings by on a vine, stabs a peice, and grabs David*
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am » *snerk*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am » Deka: Well, he came to the guild for some money. And instead of a loan , he offered me as collateral. According to that man, I am a legal slave. But he said that I am destined to find a 'treasure beyond wealth' and he wanted me to be magically bound to bring it to the guild
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:09 am » Davidooc: *Is being deposed by rebel black checkeroboard pieces as they sweep across Mimic's side of the board, and is hooked up to a little checkerboard guillotene they've somehow set up that's only half the size it'd need to be to cut off his neck* ANDREEEEEW!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am » Grandfather Jan: Hah! Well, if that isn;t classic... well, what this time, then.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am » Mimic: *writes up a peace treaty that allows for reparations in the form of a bottle of wood polish*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am » Deka: For the moment yes. But it seems that my father is causing me troubles even though he is not here
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » ((Hello Tinker!))
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » Shun: Hey gramps. *goes over to a private corner and changes out of disguise*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » DavidOOC: How do you even GIVE little wooden pieces health care?!?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » DuckOOC: Oh, is Grandpa going to tease Shun!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » Grandfather: Is everyone alright? *stands up*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » DavidOOC: *is being badgered by his checker pieces* How is this a democracy now! And they made me ratify a little constitution and give them all health care...
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am » (Hi, Tinker!)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » Deka: Grandfather Jan. we need to speak to you
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » ((Hey Tinker.))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » (H'lo, foks. And of course he is. :D)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » ?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » MimicOOC: *is having more difficulty now*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » Grandpa Jan: *has stayed up late for them*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » Grandpa still awake/.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » *waves*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » Ok... you're back at the wagon
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am » (THERE you are, just in time, HEY TINK!)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am » *back at the wagon!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am » (Dives into chat)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am » Shun: Yet you insisted I wear these. Sickos.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am » Dusk: Lower center of gravity. *reaches up to muss his hair slightly*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am » Deka: I usually wear traveling boots
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am » Shun: Definitly.*walking* I don't see how you all can walk in these things.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am » Deka: Alright.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am » Dusk: And I think Shun might appreciate a change of wardrobe. *grins*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am » Shun: Agreed.*heads for the wagon, keeping a lookout*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am » DavidOOC: Aww... I only have two more pieces left... *Makes a bad move, which is SO bad his pieces rebel against him and hop off the board to bap him on the head* Ow! Ow! Ow! Hey! Ok, ok, I'll move elsewhere! *Is being pestered by his pieces to make moves they suggest*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am » Dusk: Let's get back. I don't like it out here...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am » Dr. Beard: *taking notes*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am » MimicOOC: *performs a complicated jump that takes three more pieces*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am » Ok... so what are you guys going to do? Are you guys going to head back to grandpa jun, or are you guys going to do something else during the night?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am » Shun: Yeah.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am » Dusk: Agreed. But...perhaps n ot in front of the poor scholar? Why test the friendship?
Claire « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am » Claire: *trying to eat one of the captured checkers*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am » ok
chicgeek « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am » OOC: Okay, I like the mental image of David and Mimic playing checkers.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am » Shun: And we need to ask about the jade too.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am » DavidOoc: Aaaaah! *Tries to get a king in his next move*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm » Hawk, I'll PM it to you after the game...
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm » Deka: I agree
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm » MimicOOC: *gets another king!*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm » Dusk: We have to fill in Grandpa Jan. The guild knows we're here, we don't want him caught in any crossfire-he needs to know.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 pm » Oh really. What does it basically say
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 pm » oh, yes... that. Yes... actually, there is a transcription of a verbal conversation between your father and Roken waiting on the door of the wagon, Hawk.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm » The agreement that her father suppsoedly made with him
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm » Copy and paste from the conversation
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm » Deka: *Nods* Fair enough. I still want to see this agreement though. May I see it? Roken: There shall be a copy waiting for you on the door of the wagon you hav been uisng as a home.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm » DavidOOC: *Five moves later, has somehow lost 8 pieces* DARN IT!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm » What agreement on the door?
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:55 pm » yeah
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:55 pm » on the door?
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:54 pm » Is there the agreement lon the door like he said?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:54 pm » I used 12, and 2 temp. willpower.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:53 pm » ShunOOC:... I never used any essence. Yay me?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm » We were going back to the wagon.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm » When we last left our heroes, they had just encountered an army of Fuzzy-appearance golems! Oh wait, sorry, that's not for weeks to come. When we last left off, you guys had just met with the guy from the Guild, Roken, and a new day was dawning... your essence scores are more orless back to normal
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm » where did we last leave our mismatched so called heroes :)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm » DavidOOC: *sits next to Mimic*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm » Mimic: *gets behind the other side of the checkerboard and starts planning her first move*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm » ok then
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:50 pm » yey
Demothesis « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:50 pm » sorry I was gone. looking up a bit more info on my possible combo. Need to raise my resistance too it seems...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » back
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » I like hanging out with you, too.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » David: *Pokes Mimic with a checkersboard* Rematch?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » ((We'll be playing shortly, yes...))
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » I like hanging out with you
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » Plus, i don't wanna chase you off.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm » Not until Demo show sback up, Dr. Beard.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » WeiOOC: Yeah, me too...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » ((You guys playing now?))
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » Wally: *sets up video for all the other people to watch game*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » Okay, we just need Demo.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » Dr. Beard: Not at all. I can understand the feeling very well. Mimic, I want you to stay on my arm for now, okay?
Claire « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » FuzzyOOC: I'm OOC!
Claire « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » *moves characters to the side for the game*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm » Lagos: I do though... cause that makes soo much more sense
chicgeek « Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:47 pm » Okay, I'm ready if you all are.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:37 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Quote:
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » Goodnight!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » Practice makes Perfect?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » Post your schedules online for this week if you can! Thanks!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » ok, g;night
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » Good night
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » good night Tinker!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » I'm gonna call it here too
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » (night)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am » ((Goodnight, Folks. :) I need to head to bed.))
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 am » Shun: Interesting stuff. *picks up chainmail*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 am » DuskOOC: Oooo's over the chain-or would if she was looking. :)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 am » DekaOOC: Looks like I found my bow
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 am » Deka:Ooooo *check the bow*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:31 am » Alright. Inside the cabinate you find what seems to be a tiny egg, crafted of red jade... it feels warm to the touch. There's also a few other things: An excellently crafted suit of ancient chain, made of a glittering silver material with the phrase "To my darling Lilith" on it , a Perfect Long bow wiht the word "Practice" etched on it in Oricalcum script.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:30 am » Deka: *looks inside*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » Shun: Ah, wonderfull, vaguely specific advice. *opens cabinate to look inside*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » Dusk: *writing, still*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » Falling star is reading as fast as his old eyes can
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » Deka: You did hear my warning about the coffin thing right?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » WeiOOC: Ooh... more shinies?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » What are you guys doing now?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am » Dusk: Treasure later. This is more important, and I don't want you setting off any booby traps.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am » There is a clicking sound, and the cabinate's doors unlock
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am » yeah, mine too, but the more certain the better
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am » The woman nods at you, Shun. "Yes... Time is the crux of it. My husband, given time, began to change. Our relationship, given time, changes. Men desire time, but with enough of it, everything changes. Fear it, mortal.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am » *Yeah, my guess, too*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 am » Dusk, you can now easily copy the whole room's writing in two hours.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 am » (That is my guuess)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 am » Deka: What was the riddle? I missed part of it
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 am » Shun: It's time correct?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 am » Shun: yeeeeeep.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 am » Dusk is frantically writing, meanwhile
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am » Deka: *comes over to Shun* Another riddle?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am » And as for your clue...I'm Iming you
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am » brb
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am » Yes, they do all hear the riddle, Shun
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 am » Dusk: *writing! Wants to get all that she can.*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 am » that's why I was asking.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 am » Yeah, but Deka and I are concentrating on other things-and she may have spoken so only Shun would have heard her?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 am » 5 successes sweet.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am » would the others hear the riddle?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am » Deka: Don't touch this thing! Not unless you want to die from poison gas
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am » *puts Claire in a box* Stop that.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am » Deka, you do in fact find sometihng... if the sarcophagi is pulled up of of the grave, you're fairly certain something will break inside and release a poison gas
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am » (actually, I am almost certain I know it)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » BBCode 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=10
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » WeiOOC: Well... I think you're in the room, right? So you can talk to him...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » ClaireOOC: Oh! Oh! I know! Cookies! All men seek cookies!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » (I think so too)
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » So that's thirty times the normal speed... so two minutes per hour's worth of copying?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » DuskOOC: Darn it, I think I know that one....
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » Ok... Shun, you can make a lore + int check to guess a clue, but yeah... not the answer.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am » Shun:...greeeeat... more riddles...*lore +int check?*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:18 am » Yes.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:18 am » 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=2
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:18 am » Dusk's essence is 3, correct?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am » ok
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am » Deka, make a Wits + Awareness check
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am » Ok... Shun, as you aproach the cabinate, a phantasmal figure of a tall, purple-haired woman carrying a staff appears before you. She speaks: "[i]Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown. What am I that all men seek?"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:16 am » NellusOOC:*drool* If only I was there. Eidictic memory...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:16 am » Essense times 10 my normal speed.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » But you can get a specific wall done in a few hours.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » ok guys. There's a LOT of writing, Dusk. You could spend a whole day copying and not finish.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » Dusk: *writing!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » Shun: *examines the cabinate*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » Page 232
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am » (FuzzyOOC)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 am » Dusk: You know, I don't know how much time we have here...*pulls out paper and ink, and uses Whirling Brush to copy the writing*
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 am » Fuzzy: Shinies?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 am » Deka: *will examine the sarcophagai*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » Shun: Cool.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » Falling Star gasps. "This writing! it's... it's..." he rushes forward to examine the walls. "This...this is talking about someone! This is a biography! I ahve to translate that..."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » Dusk will examine the runes-can she read them?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » WeiOOC: ...I probably can't do that either...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » WeiOOC: Dibs!
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » WeiOOC: And shiny object... come on, shiny objects...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am » The third is what looks to be an Oricalcum great sword hanging from a walll
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:12 am » Deka: I wonder how many more traps we have to deal with now
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:12 am » Inside you see what appears to be a large chamber, with a sarcophagai in the center of it, covered with a glittering orinate bust of Desus's face in life... The walls of the room themselves are covered in what appear to be ancient runes in the langauge of Old Realm... Aside from the wallls and the Sarcophagi, there are three things of note in the room: The first is what looks to be a orinate cabinate, the doors covered in jewels and crafted of gold and silver, which glitter in the light of Shun's anima banner. The next is an alter with graven images and patterns of the sun on it
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 am » Yay!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 am » Shun: Any time.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am » Deka: *will look through the open slab without stepping through
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am » Dusk: Thanks for taking the risks for us.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am » Dusk: *hugs Shun*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 am » Shun: Thanks Dusk.... Dear ghost of Desus, I hate you.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 am » WeiOOC: ...And now for five more rooms like it...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 am » FuzzyOOC: Yaaay!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 am » Deka: There you go *smiles*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am » The Slab slides downward.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am » THere are two "Chak!" noises, and with noticible rumbling...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am » WeiOOC: *crosses fingers*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 am » Shun:*up on the second statue*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 am » Shun:*eclipsed moon and day* sure.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 am » Deka: That is a better idea
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am » Dusk: Humor me-try my two now?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am » Ok, Shun dodges it again.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am » Deka: Yes but somehow keeping the spikes from coming up will make it go alot faster
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am » Dusk: And Hug/climb on the second statute before pulling off the mask, to avoid the spikes?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am » Shun: Bah, trial and error works. We'll get it eventually.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=10
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » Deka: Is there a way to prevent the spikes from coming up?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » Dusk: If that doesn't work, try Eclipsed Moon, since that isn't a phase, and Day, since that isn't a cast.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » Falling Star winces. "Oh dear... this may be beyond us. I'm really sorry..."
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » drat again
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=8
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am » Boht statues face's pop out wiht the telltale "Snik!" sound.... and the spikes come popping out as the statues reset! Shun, make a dodge check!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 am » Dusk: *watches anxiously*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 am » Shun:*pulls out the faces for the no moon and night statues* And...*waiting for spikey death*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 am » Falling Star: You may try it, of course!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 am » Shun: I'm fine...*perched between to statues* Can I try my idea now? If I'm going to get stbbed I'd rather it be my own fault.*grin*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 am » ok I am done being distracted
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am » Falling Star: Oh dear... I'm terribly sorry... are you alright, Mister Shun? Perhaps I was wrong...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am » Ok. Shun manages to dodge the spikes, since he knows they're coming the second he hears the panels on the floor slide awawy
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am » Ouch...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am » BBCode 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=8
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am » drat
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am » 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=1
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am » Shun, make a dodge roll again!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am » Snickersnack?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am » Suddenly the spikes come back out of the floor again! The masks reset!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am » Ok... the Eclipsed Moon statue's face pops out with a "Chak" sound.... the Eclipse Sun mask pops out wiht a "Snik!" and....
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am » Shun:*grin*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am » Shun: All of us.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 am » Dusk: And who are you calling not normal? *grins*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 am » Shun:*waits for everyone to exit the room then pulls out the masks on the two eclipse statues*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 am » Dusk: Stands just outside the doorway so she can see.'
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 am » Falling Star toddles back out inot the hallway
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 am » Dusk:....thanks you, Shun...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 am » Falling Star nods and pats his forehead. "This old bag of bones isn't so dense..."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:51 am » Dusk: Well, Eclipse is a caste, as well I know. But they would be unused, unseen faces.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:51 am » Shun: Let me do both masks. I can take a hit a bit better.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:51 am » Dusk: Falling Star, thank you. You'd best stay in the hall a bit longer.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 am » Shun: So eclipsing moon and eclipsed sun I guess, since neither are normal.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 am » Dusk: An ecipsed moon isn't seen!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 am » Dusk: That's it! The one that is unseen, unshown!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am » Falling Star: That would be my guess.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am » Falling Star: remember, the 6th statue said "Eclipsing Moon."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am » Dusk: It is.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am » Falling Star: But No-moon is one of the phases of the moon, isn't it?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 am » Shun:So, we try no moon and night?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 am » Dusk: *hits head* That's right.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 am » so sorry for not really talking, distracteed
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 am » Dusk: We do know that waning seemed to be a safe choice-it's worth a try, anyway.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 am » Falling Star: I merely know that when the tomb was made, there were five types of each... it says so on the stone slab, remember?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 am » Shun: But was it like that when the tomb was made?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 am » Dusk: So, we might as well try those two.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:45 am » Dusk: And the old tale I remember says the two phases between full and dark are no more...that would be half, then waning...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:45 am » *poke*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:44 am » new waxing, half, gibbous, full, gibbous half, waning cresent, dark.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 am » Falling Star: As I said before, according to the old scrolls I listed, long ago the Immaculate Order would identify the bestial Anathema by the way the moon changed. So maybe that's a clue?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 am » *looking it up!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am » I figure Shun would know that much at least...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am » Shun:*lists phases.*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am » the hall.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am » Dusk: I'm glad you were in
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am » Falling Star: I've given it a little thought. Consider the way the moon moves. What are it's phases?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am » no we did waning then night.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 am » Dusk: Please do.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 am » So, Waning again. Then Half Moon, if Half Moon doesn't work, try Day.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 am » Falling Star rubs his brow. "Sirs, if I may?"
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 am » You just did twilight, right?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 am » the best I have is the same first mask and the twilight second.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 am » I suck at puzzles remember?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:37 am » Brb, gotta get something... have our Solar thought up their next answer?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 am » WeiOOC: *Drool*...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 am » Baoshi almost chokes up, and holds out his hand. "Thank you, Sifu.... I will use it as well as I can."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:35 am » She swings the bits of rod, and in one swift movement they snap together, all of them forming a long staff, almost a head taller tahn Baoshi himself.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:34 am » Eternal Snow: Baoshi, you have shown yourself to have a strong will. I've heard you fear for your friends, however... while I cannot help you find them, I can give you something to protect them if you find them once more." Out of the box she pulls out what at first looks like a string of rods, all connected by a thin silver cord. "This is a seven sectioned staff made of Starmetal. It does not have any sockets for hearth stones in it, unfortunately, but it is a formidible weapon in it's own right, if held by a Sidereal. Use it to keep those you care for from harm, understand?"
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:34 am » Mei bows. "I am honored to accept it." She takes the band, and fits it on her arm.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 am » Baoshi: *curious*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 am » *poke*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 am » Eternal Snow moves to affix the belt around each of your waists, as Wilting Lotus walks over to a wall, and knocks a particular point three times... a sectoin of the wall flips, turning inside out, and a small wicker box is pushed out of it. "Also, evne though neither of you perhaps show the necessary level of skill yet to fully use these, tradition demands a Sifu present their student with a gift upon graduation. Mei, to you we bequeath this..." He reaches into the wicker box and removes a plain gray metal band with two small sockets on it, and a clasp allowing it to be fitted around the arm. "This is an old relic you may have owned in a past life, if what a friend of ours, Nezier, suspects is true. In it's basic state it merely protects minorly from mental influence. But it has hidden properties only hearthstones can awake. Carry it well, wear it with pride."
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 am » [Mei has learned to keep a cool head... as if she needed to.]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 am » Baoshi smiles proudly- and accepts with another bow. he enjoyed the strict, harsh training... accepting it to channel mush of his anger and frustration into.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 am » Mei gracefully accepts.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:25 am » Eternal Snow reaches inot the folds of her robe and removes two belts, each with the symbol of Journey on it. "So, it is with mixed appreciation that we give you each the Journey Belt, a symbol of basic proficiency in the martial arts and indicative of your first step down the road to a larger world."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:25 am » Baoshi bows, and smiles. "I will endeavor to train more when I can. Thank you, Sifu...."
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:25 am » Mei: [refrains from rolling her eyes]
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 am » Wilting Lotus scowls. "Would that we could keep you here longer, we could teach you more. But for now, Creation is in need of as many Sidereal operatives as are availalbe... you must go to work.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 am » Eternal Snow smiles. "Students. During the past few weeks we have been as hard as we can on each of you. We have singled you out, used your exaltation as an excuse to push you harder than those around you. And you have risen to the challenge."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 am » Each of you are gathered in the same room, alongside Eternal Snow and Wilting Lotus.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 am » Alright. Discuss it amongst yourselves and let me know when the three of you come to a conclusion of what to try. Meanwhile... back in Yu Shan, weeks after their training begins, for Baoshi and Mei, it is complete.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 am » Yeah, and I used 4 personal.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 am » (night)
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » ((Aww, night beard))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » Ok... Shun, your caste mark is showing now, by the way
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » Aw...sorry, Beard. Good night!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » g'night beard
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » (Night, Dr. Breard!)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » oh, and shun use 3 periphial essence on that charm earlier.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » ((Actually, I'm going to bed.))
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » Deka: So on;y one person should be inside then
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am » Shun: Well, let's try the half set sun one, that was the other one I thought of. and yeah, though it could prove annoying...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am » Falling Star looks a bit impressed. "Well done, sir and madam! At least now we know the trap poses no threat to each of you... so this could be solved by trial and error, correct?"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am » aw, sorry beard. they can be unreliable at times.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am » Dusk's voice is a little shaky. "That was too close. All right...it looks like the first one was right. We need to think really hard on what the second should be..."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am » The masks have all sunk back into their original positions
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:19 am » ((I am beginning to hate this wireless connection.))
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am » Shun:... Well... apparently that was wrong...
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am » [Mei: Phew! Nobody died...]
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am » (Darn... acutally was kinda disappointed by that trap. Oh well.)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am » The room is now clear again
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am » So Shun, the spikes actually poke at you, without breaking the skin, and force your arm upwards, but don't acutally hurt you. It's uncomfortable and annyoing, but not lethal
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 am » Yes, it's less than that
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 am » if the raw is 8 or less it negates it
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am » well, it depends on what the raw is
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am » Well, Durability of Oak, if I remember correctly, more or less negates that.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am » Shun's damage: 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=8
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am » 4L here, and 8 hardness from durability of oak if it matters.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am » [Mei: Go Dusk!]
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am » WeiOOC: Shun still got hit a bunch, though...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am » Ok, it missed Dusk. She just NARROWLY stepped into one of the few panels wtihout dots on them and shrunk herself down just enough so it didn't hit her.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am » Oh, missed that
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am » What? She got 5 successes too, doesn't that mean a success for her?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » One.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » WeiOOC: But Dusk got five sucesses too! and the trap only got five, right?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » now I roll for damage. What's your lethal soak, each of you?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » so the trap actually hits.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » Ok... Shun and Dusk both...er...crap...fail.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » Man, I should've used Durability, too. Well, live and learn. Or not...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am » FuzzyOOC: What do imginary druids do, anyway?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 am » *crosses fingers* c'mon raw of less than 8...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 am » Wei: ...*has level one spell: Throw things*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 am » OOCBaoshi: *imagenary monk!*
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 am » FuzzyOOC: *imaginary druid!* ... *pokes a tree*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 am » WeiOOC: *Imaginary Wizard!* ... *with a strength of five*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 am » Okay, spending 4 motes for 4 more dice.BBCode1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=3
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 am » GMOOC: Sure Wei. You can. *Gives him an imaginary Wizard hat*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 am » ok
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 am » WeiOOC: ...can I be an imaginary wizard?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 am » You can only use reflexive charms, by the way
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 am » hopefully I can use durability of oak meditation...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 am » FuzzyOOC: Wheee! *level up!*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 am » GMOOC: Sure, why not
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 am » FuzzyOOC: ...can I use this to become a level 3 imaginary druid?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am » Hmm. 3 dodge, 2 dex-using my ist excellencly in Dodge. Lemme look real fast...
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am » FuzzyOOC: ...buh?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am » OOC SPikes: *Take 10 damage from the watermelon! Takes 99 damage from the watermelon truck! The OOCSpikes are defeated! Fuzzy and Wei get 500 imaginary EXP!*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am » WEiOOC: *Throws OOC Watermelon truck at OOC Spikes*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am » BBCode 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=5
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am » Eek!
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » Ouch...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=8
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » Probably
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » FuzzyOOC: ... *throws an OOC watermelon at OOC spikes*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » You may use charms to increase your soak or dodge.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » Deka didn't say.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » If the trap has more, it hits. Rolling now:
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » seems so
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am » Ok... you guys have to make a dodge + dexterity check. Your number of successes matches up against the trap's number of successes.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am » So just Dusk and Shun?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am » so so we roll to dodge or just take damage?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am » WeiOOC: ...Darn it... *keeping mouth shut*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am » Shun:sonnava#$%
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am » Dusk was.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am » Who is standing in the room?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am » And then... it becomes evident that the center dot of each tile has pulled away, and suddenly sharpened steel poles shoot out of the ground, impaling anything in the room above and quickly pulling back down!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am » Dusk: Pull out the Waning one again!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 am » Ok... there is another quiet "Snik!" sound, and then suddenly... the two masks pull back in. And there's small grinding noise. The stone slab with the writing on it shakes.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 am » Dusk is inside the room, but not too close while he does that.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 am » Shun:*takes arrow and approaches the night statue, pulling the face out as well.*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 am » what's the next mask you're pulling?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 am » Dusk: Use this-just in case...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 am » Dusk hands Shun the arrow.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 am » Dusk: Shun, you choose the next one.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 am » Shun:... hopefully that's a good sign...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 am » It can't be moved out or in anymore
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 am » Shun is, he's there to yank Dusk out of harms way if necissary.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am » Other than the noise. However, the Mask is now immobile
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am » Just asking. Alright... you pull out the oricalcum face with a resounding "Snik" sound. It doesn't seem like anything happens.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am » Long day-brain tired!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am » Oh, you mean the others!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am » Wouldn't we have to? An arrow isn't that long.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » Are you standing in the room when you pull?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » Dusk approaches the Waning Moon statue for this.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » Deka: Sure
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » Hmm... clever idea. Ok... you can do it, Dusk
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » Shun:*stands ready to grab Dusk and yank her out of harms way if it comes to that.*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am » If not, she'll use the tip of her knife.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 am » Dusk holds the arrow near the end, by the fletching-and tries to hook the arrowhead under the chin, and pull, if Deka lets her have an arrow.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 am » Dusk: Deka? Can I have one of your arrows?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 am » Well, if you can figure out a way to pull them remotely, feel free to try it
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » DuskOOC: Or a rope to pull?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » ooc: or an arrow?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » DuskOOC: Do we have to use our hands to move them, or can we use a stick to push?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » *I'll do the pushing, in case it triggers something.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » Ok..so WHO is pushing WHAT? this is important
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am » Shun: Well, I'
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » Dusk: As long as we're guessing, let's guess with those four.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » No, Deka... none of them look used in recnet memory... nice thought, though
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » sorry ignore the deka part
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » Falling Star nods. "Sounds like a wise idea, Mister Shun... I'll just go back into the hallway, then."
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » Shun: Sure...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » Deka Do any of them look used?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am » Dusk: Waning and half sound like they'd be between full and no moon.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:52 am » Ok Deka... the loose faces are all made of metal, and each appears to be mounted on a sort of track, so it can be slid forward or backward... not very far forward, though
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:52 am » Dusk: How about we pull off the Twilight and Night on the solar side, and the waning and half on the lunar side.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:52 am » Shun: I'm with Falling star. Guessing sounds best. Though I'd suggest he stand back a bit in case something bad happens.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am » Deka: *gonna examine the loose faces more closely*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am » Dusk: *sighes* I think we'll have to.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 am » Falling Star: Perhaps we could just guess?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 am » Shun: Well the one I heard had a twilight and night... So...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 am » Dusk: The clue was unused, not unshown...Bah, riddles.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am » OOCBaoshi: ...it's... comforting.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am » Shun: Probably. If I was better at riddles...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 am » Dusk: I'm still puzzling...I'd say waning moon and half moon, based on an old story I heard, but your guess makes sense Shun.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 am » OOC Shun: How is that likeable?*broken arm*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 am » ?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 am » Falling Star blinks. "...what? Oh yes, sorry, I was admiring the statues. A riddle, you say? Let me see..." He waddles over to the writing and examines it. "Hmm... I know from old records of the Sun Kings of the first age and thier allies that those "Chosen by the Moon" took on roles that emphasized the movement pattern of the moon... does that help>
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am » OOC Baoshi: She;s like grandpa!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am » OOCBaoshi: I like my teacher.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am » Shun: Hey Falling star, got any ideas on this riddle?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 am » yeah... I'm still sticking by my original guess, being the best I can think of...but...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 am » Argh.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 am » when last we left off, our 3 solars, plus Falling Star, are all in the tomb. Have you guys thought about the puzzle?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 am » And then, for each of them, there was a training montage. Weeks of practice were condensed into a single sentence by the DM for purpose of narrative necessity. It was intensely rigorous and probably very trying for each of them. For Mei, it strongly resembled this, including the presence of other, younger students training with each of them, students that hadn't exalted yet, and were quite jealous of the new Sidereal and gave them quite a hard time. For Baoshi, it was more like this. Elegant Snow proved to be a surprisingly stern teacher when not caught off guard, and prone to more of a "I say, you do" teaching method. Fortunately, her students formed strong bonds of comradery based off of mutual fear of their own demise (She coudl be really, REALLY stern if someone implied something about her Caste...) and ultimately they managed to learn something, each of them, in just a scant few weeks. The upshot of this is that if they didn't have a martial arts of at least one dot, you automatically get it. If you have more than one dot of martial arts, the next dot you take will cost 2 experience less to learn, with a minimium cost of one. And now, let's move back to the Solar, while our two Sidereals watch their movies...)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 am » Wilting Lotus nodded. "Let's get to work."
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 am » pm'd back chic
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 am » Wilting Lotus dodges the Thorn by just tilting his body. It passes right by, impacting the wall. "Hm. We shall have to move quickly, I see."
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 am » *poke*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am » [Essence Thorn Practice is Sidereal P. 139]
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am » *poke*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 am » brb
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 am » ok
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 am » Baoshi smiles, and straightens. "I confess to being impressed, then. And I am pleased to meet you, Sifu."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am » OOC: Demo, Hawk-pm'd you.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am » Mei, knowing her strengths, stands back and fires the charm Essence Thorn Practice at the man.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am » (One moment, everyone...)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am » Elegant Snow sighs and wipes some sweat off her forehead. "Oh... I'm sorry. I just assumed... My name is Elegant Snow Falling Upon a Frozen River... it is nice to meet you, Baoshi..." She smiles. "You know I am the youngest Sidereal of our generation to master one of our martial arts?" SHe stands up. "Now then... let us begin..."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am » Wilting Lotus looks down at her. "...Hm." His gaze softens. "First of all, what do you know already? Have you ever learned any martial arts? Do you know how to fight at all? Bah, nevermind. There is a better way. Come at me. Attack as if you were to slay me. Right now."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am » He blinks and holds up his hands. "Honored Sifu, I was told nothing of you. Truth be told, I am so new I know nothing of the house of serenity. I would have to make educated guesses based on knowing what the word is." he bows deeply. "Forgive me. I am Baoshi Doya Miao. I am to be your student, if you will have me."
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am » Mei: [her inner steel takes over. She stands straight. She's not scared.] "Understood. What shall we do first?"
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am » Elegant Snow sniffled. "No... no, it's ok. Tell me, did they tell you anything about me? They did, didn't they! Oh, don't get the wrong idea! Just because I'm from the Divsion of Serentiy, I'm not like that! I swear! I'm a good girl!"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am » ShunOOC: Oh, she got the drill sergeant.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 am » Wilting Lotus stands up. "This is how this shall work. I am your sifu. I speak. You will listen. I will teach. You will practice. Words will not be wasted, but doled out economically. Discipline is critical, for we have little time. It is my role to break you apart and reshape you in a stronger manner."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am » Baoshi shakes his head a little. "Really, I do apologise. If you like, I could go out and walk in again?"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am » *snerk*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am » Mei: [perhaps a bit softer than she otherwise might have been] "......sorry."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am » The Lady frowns and bites her lip. "Oh dear... and now I look daft... I'm so frusterated! Aaah... and I wanted to impress you..."
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am » Mei blinks. It's not in her nature to show fear, though.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am » Baoshi shrugs a little, and bows slightly. "I thought it best to wait. My apologies if this was improper behavior, Sifu."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:27 am » Baoshi, it takes the better part of a half-hour before the woman notices you are in the room. She looks up. "Hm? Oh, you're here already? Why didn't you say anything?
Claire « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:27 am » *poke*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 am » *poke*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 am » Ok... Mei, a wrinkle crosses his forehead as his fist flies forward at you, so abruptly that you don't even have time to expect it. His fist stops just a centimeter from your face, perfect control hodling it motionlessly there in the abortion of a blow that could have shattered your skull. "You show improper respect, maggot. The student awaits their master's voice before speaking. It is proper!"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:24 am » Baoshi steps into the room and waits patiently.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 am » Mei walks forward, and bows politely. "Good afternoon, Mr. Wilting Lotus... I was told you are my new sifu. I am Meiguihua Ban Yu."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 am » Ok... we'll get back to you guys in a second. I'll PM you your clues. Mei and Baoshi... Fujiko and Shota separate you and lead you down roads, paying the fare for dragon boats which carry you across the massive surface of Yu Shan in nearly an instant. Eventually, you both arrive at a Dojo on the other side of Yu Shan... Mei, you are led into an empty room with a middle-aged man sitting between two large boulders, meditating. He's wearing plain gray robes and a straw hat and thus far ignoring you... Baoshi, you are led into a room with a young, lithe lady dressed in white robes and a black belt, who is fussing with her hair in a mirror... she also doesn't seem to notice you.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 am » hey jane
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 am » Okay!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 am » BBCode 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=1, 1d10=1 ...-.- fail...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 am » BBCode1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=4
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 am » Also, Dusk, you can also make a Lore + Intelligence check.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 am » Ok. While those three are mulling over their puzzle, I'll go back to Jane and Tinker
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 am » I thin k Dusk will also make a lore check.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 am » [I'm baaaaaaack!]
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 am » Alright. Shun, it'd be a Lore + Intelligence check. And Hawk: There are six statues made of Oricalcum on each side... each statue has a loose face. One side has 6 Solars depicted. The ohter has 6 Lunars.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am » Dusk: The unused faces...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am » yeah, I'm going to do that now. Lore +?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am » Ok Can you explain the layout again for me Z?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am » It's ok... like I said, you guys COULD theoretically make a lore check
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am » heh, me too. I'm grasping at straws to be honest.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 am » Gah I suck at puzzles sorry
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 am » (Incidentally, here's the DM's recommended music choice for the tomb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWpGFKyYtY_
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am » Dusk: That makes sense.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am » Shun: Well, each of them has one group where they're not shown. Yanno the sun and moon. The no moons and the night.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am » Deka: What do we do with it though
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am » Still, that's a big if... I'll admit the clues I've dropped are very VERY subtle
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 am » I'm not going to penalize you for meta-gaming, but if you can figure out the hints I've dropped, you might get an exp bonus.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am » Well I ask because I'm pretty sure I know it, but shun might not... actually he might. It'd be pretty funny if he did imo...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am » Dusk: That would be an unused face. And, hmm...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am » Dusk: The Day statue isn't a type of solar exalt.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am » Or maybe consult your own knowledge nwith a lore check or something
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 am » Or find someone who knows more than you do
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 am » What would you roll? You solve it yourself.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 am » do we roll for the puzzle, or just solve it ourselves?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am » ShunOOC: *Might* have it...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am » Dusk: The unused faces will open the door....
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am » back
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am » DuskOOC: My player doesn't have it figured out, so I'm glad you do!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am » ok
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am » Dusk: Alll right...each Solar statue refers to a different metal. Loose floor dots, loose faces...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 am » brb, bathroom
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 am » And Dusk, you can easily tell that each face on the statues is somewhat loose... like it could be pushed in or pulled off with enough force.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 am » The statues are all people sized.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 am » The other 6 statues depict what appear to be various types of Beastmen: "Full Moon", "Waxing Moon", "Waning Moon", "No Moon" "Eclipsing Moon", "Half Moon"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 am » ShunOOC: My player's pretty sure he's got the riddle figured out... hopefully. do we roll for solving the puzzle?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 am » *Are these statues small, like an Oscar? or people sized?*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:04 am » Dusk will carefully examine the statutes and bases.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:04 am » WeiOOC: Oh, I know, I know... but I can't say....
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:03 am » Deka: Hmmm
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:02 am » that bright golden metal
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:02 am » Ok... the six statues on the left side all depict resplendently dressed men, clad in exotic rainments and ornaments... the plaques on them read in order: "Dawn, the Bronze Tiger", "Zenith, the Golden Bull", "Day, the Graceful Swan", "Twilight, the Copper Spider", "Night, the Iron Wolf", and "Eclipse, the Quicksilver Falcons". And Dusk: Each of the statues is made of the smae metal as those parts you found in the manse.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 am » *Animals, people, things?*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 am » Dusk: But I don't know about the moon. And the unused faces? *shrugs, and goes to a statute-what are they of?*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am » brb sorry
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am » Shun: Probably.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am » Dusk: The Sun has 5 faces, the 5 kinds of solar exalt?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am » Shun: Heh, yeah.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:59 pm » Dusk: Oh? Sharp eyes, Shun! But let's read the rest before we pry up the floor?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:58 pm » Shun: Huh, weird floor tiles. I think there's something under the floor...
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:58 pm » Dusk: *reads it aloud* That's clear as mud. Let's have a look at the signs on the statues.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm » *NellusOOC
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm » FuzzyOOC: 'k! *snuggles*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm » OOCBAoshi: 8snuggles~*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm » Shun... you do notice something unusual... the center dot of each tile is in fact hollow. You just barely noticed it. It seems like a small slab of stone covers something hidden beneath
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm » hey beard
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm » Nellus: sounds like a fun party game.*snuggles Baoshi*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm » ((Hi Beard))
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm » (OOC: I screwed up. There are twelve statues, not six, but there are six on each side) "Here lies the remains of Desus, Sun-King of Hollow, champion of the Unconquered Sun, survivor of the Primordial War, husband to Lilith, the Owl Woman. Tomb Robbers, Thieves, and Vandals beware: you'll find more than treasure there." Below it reads another passage: "The Sun has five faces, and the moon five more. The unused faces shall open this door."
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm » Hi!
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm » Hi, Dr. Beard!
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm » (hey beard)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm » WeiOOC: ...Snuggles all around?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm » ((*pokes internet connection cautiously*))
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm » OOCBaoshi: <3~
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm » NellusOOC: ooc party sounds fun.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm » ShunOOC: Yay for observational skills.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm » BaochiOOC: *brews tea*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 pm » WeiOOC: Yep, you too... though you probably won't like the party games as much... *snuggles*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 pm » baoshiOOC: And me.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:52 pm » nice
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm » BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=9
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm » WeiOOC: Oh, I figured... but hey, OOC Party! ...even if it's down to me and Fuzzy
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm » Dusk, the writing reads as follows:
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm » Ok... shun, make a perception + awareness check
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm » Deka: Great, puzzles
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm » FuzzyOOC: Ooooh...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm » Shun: Huh...*looking around for random traps still*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm » OOC: Remember though, you guys who aren't here can't help with suggestions to puzzles. Sorry.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm » the tiling of the floor is odd in that each tile has five black dots imprinted on it, in the manner of a five on a six-sided die. (I.e: four dots circling a 5th)
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm » WeiOOC: Yay, puzzle room!
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm » Dusk walks over to the stone slab, to see if she can read the writing.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm » Eventually, the corridor breaks into a small room lined with statues, three on either side. They gleam in the darkness, seemingly crafted of a bright goldish metal... on the other end is what seems to be a stone slab with writing on it, and there are small plaques on each statue.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm » Dusk: *sticks close to Shun, will also look*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm » Deka: *is watching the rear
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm » Shun:*looking around for traps and the like*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:47 pm » Shun: I think that should do.*tthat was periphial essence btw*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:47 pm » Nevermind...
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:47 pm » Dusk will look inside the entrance, once we're in-mainly to see if there's a way to open and close the entrance.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:47 pm » Alright. Your group walks down a long, dark hallway... it appears to be slanting downward, so you descend as you enter it. The air around you begins to grow chilled the further down you go, as it happens.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 pm » Shun:*commits a mote to cause his anima to shine once inside(the 8-10 version)*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm » Deka: Come on. lets enter the lions den as quickly as possible
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm » Falling Star: I'm... I have a lantern I bought a few weeks ago... it's a newfangled one that burns oil.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm » Dusk: Let's hurry, before we have to fight guards.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm » The light issue is a minor one
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm » It's not as if you havne't seen how anima banners work before.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm » You can probably figure it out, Shun
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm » do we know about the lighting up our anima's trick yet?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm » Dusk: Falling Star? Do you have a light for the tomb?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 pm » Shun: Alright. Let's go before the guards get curious.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 pm » Dusk: No...
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 pm » Deka: Alright *climbs down from the mane* we better move fast. Anyone bring a light?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm » Dusk: *still shaky* I'm okay.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm » Shun:*helps dusk to her feet*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm » Deka: You ok Dusk?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm » The entrance is shrouded in darkness. What do you do?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 pm » When we last left our OTHER gruop of heroes, they were facing the giant opened mouth of a stone lion, which had just laid down after Deka triggered the switch on it's mane. This changed how the statue positioned itself so that the head was down on the ground. There is now an exposed opening to an ancient solar tomb, it's secrets unplumbed as of yet
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm » heh that works too. Let's go then.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm » why*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm » I even got a long speech on my too :P
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm » ok rolling
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm » can I be the selfish one and demand we go solar?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm » Alright. *Shrugs*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm » You guys go ahead. ^^ Needs of the many, and all.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm » I will! Pick me! Oh me!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm » Oh well... fine. Someone roll. Evens we go with Tinker, odds we go wtih the solar
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm » Alright. Well, SOMEONE'S going to have to be selfish here... I'm the DM, I'm impartial
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » WeiOOC: I'm OOC either way... whatever works...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » *shrug* either or. should we flip a coin?
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » demo just went afk, just so you know
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » Whatever you all want.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » Either way.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » That works
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm » Or, alternately, we can swap over to the Solar group if everyone would rather d o that.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm » Well... I can continue on with Tinker and get back to Mei...
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm » [I warned you, and now I gotta go and eat. Sorry! I should be back in about half an hour or so.]
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 pm » Mei looks at Fujiko. "All right," she says.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 pm » Baoshi: I was raised by January of Winters Strom- make no mistake, any urge to show off to a teachers gone by now. A moment, then. *he walks into hsi room, to dress*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:36 pm » brb
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:36 pm » Shota looks down at Baoshi. "By the way... I probably shouldn't have to tell you this, but around a Sifu it's considered proper respect not to, ah, "show off"... just kepe that in mind, kid."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 pm » Shota smirks. "If you show up to meet Elegant Snow Falling on a Frozen River like that, she'll have a heart attack. Go change."
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 pm » Fujiko folded her arms. "Those qualtiites are essential."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 pm » Baoshi: Ah, I see... um. *he looks down at his somewhat ragged 'sleping' robe, remembering the condition from before*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 pm » Fujiko: Mei, since it seems like you know less about the Martial Arts, we're assigning you to Wilting Lotus. He has a record of being skiled at tutoring beginners and although you'll be his oldest student, he's also got a repuation of being able to teach quickly.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 pm » The two of them basically appraise each of the younger Sidereals. Shota speaks first. "Hey Kids. We're supposed to send you off as you meet your Sifus."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 pm » OOCRando: *scoops up Teal to go and feed her*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 pm » Mei opens the door, also politely greeting Fujiko.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 pm » WeiOOC: ....you're supposed to wear it, not eat it...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » baoshi: *bows a little* Good morning.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » *is shutting up the OOC talk so the game can run smoother*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » DuskOOC: *hands Fuzzy a cart of watermelons* These will hurt more, and still splat and make a mess. Throw these.
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » Teal: *has put her OOC on a sammich* Peep!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » Shota is outside Baoshi's door, and Fujiko is at Mei's.
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » FuzzyOOC: Oooooh... yummy...
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm » WeiOOC: But I could go for a BLT right now, I don't know about you?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:32 pm » DuskOOC: Don't you like blts?
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:32 pm » WeiOOC: Well... maybe some of them, anyways...
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:32 pm » FuzzyOOC: ...awww, we aren't throwing tomatoes at people?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm » Baoshi: *answers the door, his hair brushed*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm » There ya go- IM'd it....
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm » DuskOOC: Throw? I brought bread, lettuce, and bacon!
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm » OOC*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm » Deka: What, chips? Dip?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 pm » It gives me time to brief Nellus
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 pm » WeiOOC: ...who are you going to throw those at?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 pm » I'll give tinker half a second.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 pm » DekaOOC: *grabs some chisp and dips and sits next to whisp and leans*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 pm » Mei gets up to answer the door.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » Ah..fair enough.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » ...Oh crud! I never gave Z Meis outfit description. half a second!
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » one sec, got to refresh chat. You should be able to do without me for a sec...
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » both doors knock at the same time
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » It starts with a knock on each of the doors of the Trainee apartment complex. By the purest *cough* quirk of fate, the two of you have rooms right across from each other
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm » FuzzyOOC: *has OOC tomatoes*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » Mei: Wilting Lotus, huh?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » Anyways... back to the game.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » Okay.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » BaoshiOOC: Thanks, guys...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » ok
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm » WeiOOC: What she said!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm » Demo, IM me. I have to brief you a bit on Nellus.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm » ...holy crap, I did the whole thing wihtout a joke. A first.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm » I'm ready with Nellus whenever he's usefull.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm » Alright... when we last left off, Baoshi and Mei had just swallowed a bitter pill and now were going to meet their sifus for the fisrt time ever.
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm » FuzzyOOC: *turns back into a human to watch* Go Baoshi! Boo people who are mean to Baoshi!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 pm » BaoshiOC: *whimper*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 pm » Note: I may have to break for dinner at some point, but otherwise I see no interruptions.
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 pm » Teal: Ee!
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » WeiOOC: Well, time to start partying...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » Rando: *picks up Teal* Hahaha, you like him, huh beeps?
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » Oh yeah.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » Woooohooooo!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » Jane, Tinker,a re you ready for the Sidereal thingy?
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm » Teal: Peep! Daddee! *points to Michael* Meep peep!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 pm » Rando: Hee hee heee...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 pm » Sir Honor: ....?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 pm » Penny: *glares at Elleb*
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » Deka: *helps!*
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » I'm good!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » Alright.
Claire « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » Teal: *nyams a biscuit, sitting on Michael's head*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » Baoshi: ....*tries to wiggle free of Paperwork*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm » Pretty good

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Exalted Quest Logs III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Quote:
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:58 am » And pick it up tomorrow. When we'll hopefully resolve the Solar Sidequest entirely.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » And we're going to halt it there.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » DekaOOC: I was unaware of where you drew the line
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » WeiOOC: Dusk talks to them anyways... Period...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » Not enough, unfortunately. Kubota snarls at Deka. "If you did not wish trouble you should not have invaded a Daimyo's personal property and slain his men! Guards! Guards!"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » ShunOOC:*hide hide hide*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » DuskOOC: Mad was waitin g until later. Getting out alive takes priority.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am » Shun:*stuffing cloth in his ears, nods.*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 am » Dusk: I'll give you a sign, like this, to remove them.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 am » DekaOOC: I would have had Dusk talk to them, if Roken was not there and she wasn't being quiet and possibly mad about the guards
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 am » WeiOOC: ....Definitely dusk, from now on...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 am » IRK! 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=1
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » WeiOOC: Agreed...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » Falling Star: Err...um...ok...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » ShunOOC: Next time. Dusk talks to the angry people.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » ok hold on z
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » Dusk: You too, Falling Star.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » brain*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 am » Hey, brind melted remember?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am » DuskOOC: Yep, Deka the Diplomat!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am » Deka, make a Presence + Charisma check
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am » Shun: *rips a couple of strips of cloth* I'll try.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am » Deka: I Do not wish more trouble. let us leave now and we will never bother you again, get in my way, nad there will be more trouble then you can handle
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am » Dusk: All right, Shun-if this doesn't end soon, I'll walk out, hands raised. Can you stop your ears?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 am » Shun:*quietly* I can't attack from a distance Dusk.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 am » Kubota growls. "Those were my personal guards! I'll have the city's authorities on you!"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am » ShunOOC:*still hiding*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am » Roken lights up a cigar. "I'm... consulting"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am » Writer: yeah, don't choose her
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am » WeiOOC: ...when breaking delicate news, do not select Deka...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am » Deka: *will take this time to see if there is anyone else nearby*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 am » Dusk: *quietly, to Shun and Star* If I go out by myself, as use the power of my circlet, there is a chance that they must stop and listen to me, as long as I talk. If we're in danger, I will do that, and you attack from a distance. But if you can hear me, you may be trapped as well. That's a last ditch plan.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 am » ShunOOC: That again? We do not have TIME for that. We need to leave before more show up.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 am » Deka: And what are you doing here Roken?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 am » DekaOOC: Probing
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 am » Shun:*inside the tomb. mutters* Ah yes, this is going so well...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 am » Deka: *nods* They set off a trap they did not know about and died
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 am » Roken narrows his eyes. "What did I tell you, Kubota. These people are trouble."
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 am » Kubota sputters. "they're DEAD?!?""
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 am » ShunOOC: Ypu're either lying or reeeeealy naive.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:48 am » Deka: Unfortunately they befell to a trap. I am truly sorry and willing to compensate for their losses to the best I can
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am » I say about 40 yards so no one has to shout
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am » WeiOOC: So... Think what you did will help?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am » Ok... at this, Roken smirks, the guard blinks, and the rich-clothed man snarls. "Who are you? Where are my guards? Why are you here?!?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am » Deka: *will walk out and make sure she is seen but still some distance away from them* Hello
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 am » screw it, gonna keep it in hand
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 am » But it's not like it's going to be that well hidden there
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 am » you can strap it to your back
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 am » I mean like behind me
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am » How do you plan to hide that?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am » OOCBaoshi; *nods*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am » Only about a head shorter than Deka is
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am » It's a huge bow, Hawk. I did say that
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 am » quick question Z, can I keep the long bow hidden but still in easy reach?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 am » Shun: *sighs and nods* Be careful.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 am » Dusk: *nods*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 am » Deka:*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 am » I want you two to try and stay hidden, I want to see what they have to say ok. If there is trouble, I want you to jump in and help ok
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am » Shun:*still being quiet*...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am » WeiOOC: ...I'm sure it is...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » Deka: *will sneak back to the group* three people are waiting outside, including Roken.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » ShunOOC*hiding under a table from Dusk*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » ShunOOC: Oh?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » sent
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » They're actually being silent. the man in rich outfits looks very angry
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am » OOCBaoshi: Sireal astrology is very... interesting.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:40 am » oh chicgeek, sending you a pm
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:40 am » Are they talking?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:40 am » they seem to be waiting. The man in the rich outfit is tapping his foot and scowling
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 am » Alright. Deka, you can see three figures outside that you can tell. A remaining guard, Roken, and another man dressed in various extravagant bits of silk clothing, in partial undress for some reason.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 am » Dex+stealth right? 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=4
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 am » Shun:*being very quiet*...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 am » ok
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 am » Alright... Deka, make a stealth check
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 am » Deka: Right, I will take a peek first to make sure the coast is clear *does so*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am » Dusk: *Very calmly, a definite chill in the air* Let's go.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am » ShunOOC:whooboy...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am » WeiOOC: ...*hides from the storm*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am » Dusk: *looks at Shun*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am » Deka: That was my intention, but they set off the trap. Now do you want MORE to come down here or not
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 am » Shun: We were, they decided to play with the statues.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 am » DuskOOC: Ooh, yes...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 am » ShunOOC: I sense trouble in my future...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 am » Dusk: *very quiet* I thought you were just delaying them...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 am » Deka: Agree. We got everything right?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 am » Shun:We should really leave before more show up.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 am » So what now?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 am » Dusk: *still*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am » WeiOOC: I know... *sigh* oh well...
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am » FuzzyOOC: But I'm all the way over here...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am » Deka: *hesitates for a moment* Well, they kinda got killed by the spike trap
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:32 am » Dusk: I agree with Deka on this egg thingy.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am » WeiOOC: You know... fuzzy probably has the best bet at figuring it out...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am » Dusk: *idly* So, how'd you get the guards to leave us alone?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am » nothing more or less
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am » Dusk, you draw the same conclusions that Deka did
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 am » Dusk: 1 lore, 3 int.BBCode1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=7
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 am » brb
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 am » Deka: *has handed it over*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 am » Dusk: *Holds out hand for the egg*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 am » ShunOOC:Either or.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 am » DuskOOC: 2 dots in craft, wood! Not like Wei, though.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 am » Deka: I think this unfolds into something else if you put essense into it. *hands the egg over*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am » WeiOOC: I'll see... though I still think razor claws suit you better...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am » It's counted as a Jade artifact you can attune to with usual rules for attuning to a foreign artifact, unless you're dragon blooded. But you don't know what artifact it IS>
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am » Alright... Deka. You've never seen this thing before, but it's definately a magic item of some sort. You think if Essence is put itno it, enough of it, something will happen. You think the egg somehow UNFOLDS into somethig. But you're not sure into WHAT.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am » ShunOOC: Can I have a smash fist or something? I'm feeling left out in the new weapons department...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am » Dusk: Deka? Can I see the egg when you're done?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am » Dusk: I suppose we'd best take this-now that the tomb's open, someone will.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am » WeiOOC: *also wants to argue with the disembodied man about the nature of swords...*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am » ok, then I got 2 sucesses
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am » Keep the dice you rolled
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 am » WeiOOC: Yay, I'm a craftsman!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 am » So do I keep the 4 I rolled or reroll?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 am » it still would be 4 dice then
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » yes. It'd be int
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » int
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » *to make it*... any 2 dot or lower item
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » Ok so what goes with lore?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » You may acquire enough oricalcum to make a single magic item if you have the craftsman to take it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am » "Correct. A sword is a tool of war, and nothing more. Remember that." With that, the alter's lid slides open, revealing a small compartment which is filled with something interesting... an offering of Oricalcum to the Unconquered Sun itself.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am » ...he said lore check... he was talking about a wits check for dusk
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am » He said that to dusk,
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am » oh oops
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am » for you I mean, lore is one dice higher for me
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am » I was going on what Z said
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:23 am » eh? Wouldn't it be a lore check hawk?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am » Deka: *will examine as well* (wits+ investigation) 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=8
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am » Dusk: *bows, respectfully*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am » ShunOOC: Maybe it went stale?
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am » FuzzyOOC: *gnaw* Yeah... it doesn't taste very sweet...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am » Shun: Sure.*hands over egg*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » ShunOOC: See?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » Deka: can I see that egg?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » Shun: Oh, what a happy riddle he has for us.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » My thoughts exactly
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » FuzzyOOC: *gnaws*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am » Dusk: A sword. metal, torn from Mother earth. Forged in fire, and hammered.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 am » WeiOOC: ...Of course they ask this riddle when I'm not there...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 am » Ok... Dusk, at this, ther'es a sudden click of machinery inside the alter. And then a small sectoin of the top pops open revealing a mirror, and a beam of light hits it from within the alter. And as it reflects off the mirror, it coalasces inot an illusory image of a well dressed man in elegant clothing. He looks down at you. "Ripped from my mother's womb. Beaten and burned, I become a bloodthirsty slayer. What am I?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 am » want me to roll wits+investigation?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 am » ShunOOC:*hands egg over to fuzzy* Tastes funny for rock candy.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:18 am » Deka: *snort* I doubt it here let me see
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:18 am » Shun: Cause it looks kind of like rock candy?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 am » WeiOOC: ...Didn't the guards just teach the lesson of not pressing random buttons? Oh well...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 am » Deka: Didn't need to do that Dusk
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 am » FuzzyOOC: *feels kinship with ShunOOC!* ...which would make sense, since we're cousins...
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 am » Dusk: Hey, Deka-I take it buying time went succesfully? Did you do the appease the spirits schtick? Ooh, there's a secret button here! *presses it*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 am » Deka: Shun? Why does it look like you are tempted to bite the egg?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 am » There's soemthing inside... and she can figure out that there's a button built into the gravings... hidden as an effergy of the sun.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 am » Ok.... four successes... while Shun is being distracted by what he believes to be the Jade Equivalent of rock candy, Dusk has discovered something... this alter is clearly designed as a prayer point for various gods. If a sacrifice is offered here, it can add a bonus to a prayer roll to gain a god's favor, or improve effects such as Sidereal Astrology or cosmic-related effects. But... she finds something else as well... the alter is HOLLOW.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 am » ShunOOC:*gnaws on egg*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 am » That sucked! Oh, well.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 am » I see 4
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » BBCode1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=1
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » even though it's made of red Jade
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » *snerk*
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » Doooo iiiiiiit!
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » 3 investigation,4 wits, and I'll spend 3 motes for the excellency.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » *Snerk*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am » Ok... Shun? You have no idea waht this frigging thing is. You think.. you THINK it might be edible.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 am » Ok... Dusk, make an Investigation + Wits check
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 am » BBCode 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=5 and horrible botch! Shun thinks it's santa clause taking a nap!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 am » ok, I can't beleive it took this long to think to do that.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » nvm
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » Deka: *Once the guards are out of sight, and Dusk is done, gonna open the door again
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » Dusk: Examines the alter-has a first excellency in investigation*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » you CAN, Demo.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » by the way, can I make a lore check to see if shun knows what the gg thing is?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » You hear someone tapping their foot outside, though
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am » There isn't anyone else coming that you can see, Shun
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am » Shun:*and grabs egg*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am » Shun:*heads back up the tunnel a ways to make sure there aren't more coming*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am » Dusk will plotz, and Falling Star better not have a weak heart...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am » Now then... what next?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » Deka: *will set the guards out of view*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » WeiOOC: ...They're going to make Dusk gain limit, aren't they? *sigh*
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » Wow.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » So the guards are dead by arguably their own hand. Dusk, you've finished copying all the walls.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » not Shun
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am » Ok then! No limit gain!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » not I
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » no
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » Are either of you compassoin based heroes?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » Deka: Ouch
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » ouch
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » Even in armor they're dead. The spikes recede and seven dead men remian in the room, perforated.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » I'm going to spare going through the motions... these are all Extras, after all. They' only have 2 health levels
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am » WeiOOC: ...Alright, whatever... Why don't you come over here and watch with us?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am » The spikes shoot out of the ground and there is a large, violent shooting of spikes out of the ground.
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am » It's ...POKES.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am » spikes it is.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am » ouch
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am » 1d100=63
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am » heh
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am » I secretly hope for the 100
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am » WeiOOC: ...What's so bad about getting poked?
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am » Yes, but you can't poke me.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am » Otherwise, spikes
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am » if they roll a natural 100, they open the door
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am » Wei: ...*lifts up the box* You know I can see you under that?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am » oh?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am » Ok... I'm going to give the guards a very, VERY unlikely chance.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am » or you know, at the threshhold
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am » I was going to say, Deka is going to conviencly just be outside of the room, looking at the doorframe
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am » Shun is at least.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » One of the other guards looks at another one. "Hmm...this is kinda loose too..."... are Deka and Shun in the room?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » Hey, what I would do and what my compassion 3 character would do are two different things...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » Ok... one of the guards finds something: "Hey... this statue's face is loose..." He pushes it in
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » Deka: We only briefly looked at it closely.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » well MORE levelheaded
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am » Asking the level headed chicgeek :P
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am » heck no. let em find out themselves >:)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am » Shun:*looks around* Well waddya know, it does look odd...
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am » should I tell them about the chance of spikes coming out of the ground?
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » *hides under a box*
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » Eep! Pokes!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » They're searching for it
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » The guards are in fact fanning out to examine all the things in the room... including the statues. Obvsiouly there's some switch somewhere.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » WeiOOC: Also... *pokes back*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am » WeiOOC: ...I hope they don't get a chance to mess with the statues... cause they'll probably pick the wrong combo...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:00 am » Ok... the lead guard pauses. "What do you know about this room? It looks...odd."
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:00 am » funny thing is, I just upped my pressense from last adventure too
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:59 am » gah lower then I want 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=3
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:59 am » *poke*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 am » yey ok
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 am » Ok, Deka. Make a Presense + Manipulation check
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 am » (Yes I should)
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 am » Deka: Well it was already open when we got here. Then when I passed that threshhold, the door closed behind us *looking worried*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » DuskOOC: And my name's Lilith!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » (You should draw that, Demo)
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » (I really enjoy the image of Shun just standing there looking scary and smiling while the guards keep looking at him nervously.)
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » WeiOOC: Nope... none of us... we totally had this great big honking sword here when we walked in...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » They might have heard the door closing, but I rolled and they haven't. But it was too far and too dark for them to see that room ahead of time
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » ok
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » (I mean if they could
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am » No, Deka. It was too far off for them
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:55 am » (I am asking if they seen or possibly heard the door closing and opening)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:55 am » OOC: "But Officer, it was like that when we got here! We never broke in, not us!"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am » Shun:*Lets Deka do the talking and just keeps looking amiably scary*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am » (quick question, could they have seen the room from where they were?)
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am » OOC:
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am » Ok, the guards are following you all into the room with the statues. They start to spread out, four of them inside the room, three others at the entrance, watching you all. THe lead guard looks at Deka. "You. How do you open this?"
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am » Dusk: *frantically writing!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 am » Shun:Hmmm... Dunno.*shrug and heads back down the hall expecting a possible attack* Let's go find out.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 am » Deka: The door shut on them and I can't get it open again
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 am » The lead guard looks up. "What's going on?"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 am » Deka: *yells so that the guards hear* Something is wrong!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 am » Falling star nods. "Yes, yes..."
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 am » Dusk: Falling Star, let's get back to work!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 am » Shun:*plucks out a hair and flicks it across the blade, severing the hair* That's nice.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 am » Ok, the trap closes behind Deka, resetting itself
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am » Deka: *is going to walk out and "accidently set off the trap once she is as clear as she can be*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am » The guard looks a bit unnerved. "I.... I have a spear..."
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am » ShunOOC: So so much fun.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am » DuskOOC: Do the slice a hair in half trick!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Shun:*oh look at how sharp that blade is!*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Deka: Alright
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Deka: *chuckles* I have never tried that before
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Dusk: You'd better scoot.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Shun: Nah, it's really a big place.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am » Dusk: Fake that gods or ghost or spirits must be appeased! Sing, pray, ham it up. Just a thought.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am » The lead guard steps forward. "Err... you aren't just stalling for time, are you, sir?"
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am » WeiOOC: Having fun, Shun?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am » Dusk: Oh! Idea!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am » Deka: OK, I can do that
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am » Dusk: As long as you can give me-I'm a bit less than half done.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am » Shun:*really enjoys intimidation*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am » Dusk: You fake to the guards-"Oh no! A trap went off!' And let THEM try to solve it!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am » Yeah, really sorry about the mind melt here
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 am » Deka: How long you need?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 am » Dusk: One more time. You get to the other side of the statues. We trigger the trap-if you can't, I'll throw something at the faces.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » *snerk*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » Dusk: I and Star will be trapped inside.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » Dusk: That's what I said!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » The guards are waiting, shifting nervously, while hoping that the nice Shun won't hurt them, but not outright retreating.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » Dusk: Spin them sound kind of story, to distarct them. You know the saying-if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » Deka: I mean copying
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am » Deka: Not going to finish reading this?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am » Dusk: And it might buy enough time.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am » Shun:*standing in the middle of the hallway, examining the sword, while keeping the guards in sight.*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am » Dusk: They will, eventually, if they want us all gone.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 am » Dusk: And let the guards waste time figuring it out.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 am » Dusk: I can throw. Get to the other side of the statues, and I'll lob something at a couple to push in the faces. the spikes should shoot up. Bewail the fact that a trap unexpectedly popped up. And-
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am » Falling Star fusses. "But.. but... the history! It's.... if we leave now the immaculates will probably just find a way to get in! This might be the only chance I get to read an opposing account of the ancient past that the Immaculate order hasn't touched!
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am » Deka: Ok, need my help with that?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am » ok.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am » Dusk: I'm almost halfway done, and I want to look at the alter. Deka, I have an idea...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am » the hallway is wide enough for three people to walk side-by side in with just a FEW cramped conditions.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am » Deka: Nothing Shun can't handle, the guards came down and wants us to leave. How son are you to finishing the text?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am » by the way, how wide is the hallway?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 am » Ok...Dusk, the door opens again. Falling star looks out at the room where Deka is in. "Is something wrong?"
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 am » Shun: Yeah... that may be a problem. *grin* But we'll see if we can't talk you your boss.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am » Deka: Alright. I am sure you are more then good enough to handle them. *goes to unseal the door*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am » The guard pauses. "Err... we'll have to have you hand over anything you found in there, of course... it's Daimyo Kubota's property. But we can worry about that later...go get your friends.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am » WeiOOC: ...Did you let Deka in on this plan of yours?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am » OOC: Nevermind, I didn't see that Deka was delaying.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am » DuskOOC: Yeah...that's not really delaying things. And we haven't even checked out the alter!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am » ShunOOC: Deka can take a while before they try anything hopefully.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am » *then
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am » WeiOOC: Well... they why are you agreeing to leave now?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 am » ShunOOC:Not my fault they're cowards. I just wanted to delay things so Dusk could finish.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 am » Shun: Then go get our friends so we can go. I'll wait here and make sure there's no backstabbing. *still grinning*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am » WeiOOC: Wait, Shun trying to avoid fighting? *Mock gasps*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am » Deka: I think that is quite agreeable
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 am » Shun: Sounds reasonable. What do you think?*looks to Deka slightly.*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 am » Sorry, was away cleaning, but was seeing what was the response to what I said
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 am » The guards look sorta taken aback. the lead one takes a step back. "Hey... woah... we don't really want any trouble. But this is, well, this is kinda not your property... can we just agree to have you guys leaving now. Please?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 am » Dusk tried to open the door from the inside-could she?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 am » Welp... ok
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 am » ... and I think Hawk dropped off again...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 am » ShunOOC: Quick Deka, distract them with a wall of text!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:28 am » 3
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:28 am » BBCode 1d10=5, 1d10=6, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=10
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 am » oops charisma then
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 am » ah ok. Dexterity it is.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 am » It'd be charisma
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 am » Generally, charisma... or manipulation if you're trying to lie about how ready to fight you are, or something
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 am » looking dangerous. Too vague?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 am » If oyu're just talking, it's presence + manipulation or appearance. if it's through a show of strength or dexterity, it'd be one of those
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 am » depends on what you're DOING to intimidate them
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 am » well I know it's presence, but with strength or what?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am » Deka: *steps closer* Look, we are not looking for a fight. But we will give one if need be. We are not trying to harm your master in any way
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am » make your intimidation roll, or stunt first. Whichever way.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am » Alright.
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am » WeiOOC: ...What high perception he must have!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am » so, intimidation roll?
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 am » Shun:*sets the egg down to the side and taps the sword's flat against his shoulder impatiently. Still grining* How veeery observant.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 am » *snicker*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 am » Ok, the guards walk towards Shun. Ironically enough, it looks like the lead guard is the same one you guys met before. "Halt! You're one of the people who were here before! You're under arrest for tresspassing on Daimyo Kubota's property!" He points at Shun. "I can see now you all weren't the exotic dancers Daimyo Kubota ordered!"
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am » Deka: Alright, sounds like a plan *glad she still ahve the disguise on*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am » Dusk: *tries to open it*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am » Dusk: Hmm? *looks up, and walks over to look at the door*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am » Shun: Nah, you talk. I'll look scary.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » Falling Star: *To Dusk* Why do you think the door shut?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » Deka: Guessing you want a go first?
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » Dusk: *oblivious!*
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » it's ok hawk
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » ok, Shun you see seven lightly armed men with spears coming towards you both.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am » Just so you know, I'm going to try and intimidate them when they arrive. Using presence+ ???. Hopefully slow them down at least
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:19 am » Sorry, a little scatterbrained and cleaning
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 am » Shun:*Waits in the middle of the hall for the people to arrive, grinning intemidatingly*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 am » Shun, you can see the light from the entrance and are drawing near it...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:17 am » meanwhile, as Shun walks forward, he hears more voices. "Alright men, I want you seven to investigate this new... this new THING... from top to bottom! With what I'm paying you I expect no thievery and you will all be searched the second you leave! This is on my property, it belongs to me!
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:17 am » Shun:*waits for Deka to catch back up. Cause he told her to come back towards the entrance when done.*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:17 am » DekaOOC: Well at least they won't know there is more
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 am » ... sooooo should have seen that coming...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 am » *headesk*
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 am » WeiOOC: ..Well, that would have been nice to know ahead of time...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am » ok... Deka, when you press in one of the wrong statue faces, the trap resets itself... and the doors forward shut... leaving Falling Star and Dusk INSIDE.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am » Shun: To kill if it comes down to it. But I'm hoping you can talk them into a deal.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am » Deka: *will hide behind one of the wrong statues, setting it up so that all she needs to do is activate the face to set off the trap
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am » DuskOOC: If it's moonsilver it's yours, Fuzzy. i'm just borrowing it.
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » oh ok, misread
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » FuzzyOOC: I'm trying NOT to worry about that...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » Shun's heading for the entrance, mostly cautiously. He asked Deka to go back and press one of the wrong statue faces to set up a trap if necissary
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » Deka: Ambush to knock out or kill?
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » WeiOOC: Well, lets worry about that later Fuzzy, and just hope they get out of this fine, alright?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am » rereading
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 am » ouch, but hey again hawk
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 am » ok... Solars.... what do you do?
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 am » (I lost connection,was cleaning up and accidently dc the modem
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am » also, add 10 successes to your roll for the combined assistance of Shota and Baoshi... you're weaving a practice destiny onto the Solar group.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am » Ok. Jane, I'll tell you what I told tinker: Shota is teaching you guys to create Sidereal Astrology effects. make a performance + charisma roll and turn to page 189 in your book
Claire « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am » FuzzyOOC: *fidgets* I wanna know if the armor is moonsilver...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am » ShunOOC:Already grabbed it.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am » I think Hawk dropped off...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am » WeiOOC: Or at least grab the sword on the way out... *sigh*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am » Dusk: *grimly copying, will get all she can*
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am » DuskOOC: Pity we can't shut the door behind us.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am » There's a LOT there.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am » Dusk, you've copied about a wall and a half out of four right now
Jane Narbon « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am » [I'm back!]
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am » DuskOOC: And the alter...
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am » WeiOOC: ...Here's to hoping they can manage to give Dusk enough time to copy...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am » I finally planned it out
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am » Incidentally, Hawk, next time you're on IM I'll give you that account that Roken gave you
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 am » Shun:*sigh, mumbles to self* Yep... fun to be had all around...*whisper's to Deka* I want to set up a trap at the spike room, go back and push one of the wrong faces in. I'll get the rest.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 am » DuskOOC: Uh oh...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 am » "Shall we send men inside to investigate this, sir?"
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 am » Specifically, speech: "What the HELL!?! Who did this to my Lion! And HOW?!?" "Sir, we were watching the entire time, there wasn't much but a few performers..." "They weren't performers, Kubota..." (The voice, for the record, sounds like a certain Guild member's you've heard before) "I don't CARE who they were!?! This is outrageous!"
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 am » Ok... the tomb is fairly straightforward, although you guys DO hear some sounds coming from the entrance
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 am » back
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 am » and brb too.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 am » Shun: Cool sword. All right Deka, let's see who's waiting back at the entrance.*heads back towards the entrance. being carefull to note if anyone is in the tomb with the group*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 am » brb
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 am » Dusk: *slips it on, then gets back to writing*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 am » The sword is a straightedged katana with a blade that has countless etchings of what appear to be flying birds scraped into the blade during it's forging. It appears to ahve a spot on the pommel to affix a hearthstone
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am » Shun: Sure.*hands Dusk the fancy chainmail*
Hawkwolf « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am » Deka: I will come with Shun
Wallycaine « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am » WeiOOC: ...that's the most interesting comeon I've heard recently...
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am » Shun: Ok, I'm gonna grab the sword and check the entrance to see if we have any visitors.
chicgeek « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am » Dusk: *glances at shun briefly* can I slip on that armor? I'm not asking to keep it, just thin king of all the guards that'll be waiting to give us a warm welcome.
Demothesis « Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 am » ok
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » So is deka
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » but right now it's irrevalent
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » Shun would have to make a check if it was in any way important that failing might threaten the group somehow.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » Shun is wearing chainmail, yes.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » Dusk: Getting there...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » oh, do I need to make a check to do that with the dress?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm » The sword is being altered, but it's still there, yes.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:58 pm » DuskOOC: Are Shun and Dekawearing armor?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:58 pm » Shun:*using the dress disguise as a makeshift sack to store the egg and chainmail. Wearing normal clothes underneath* How far along are you Dusk? *Heading over to the sword(unless that was retconned out.)*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:57 pm » ok
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:57 pm » to reiterate what they'd found in the cabinate: Alright. Inside the cabinate you find what seems to be a tiny egg, crafted of red jade... it feels warm to the touch. There's also a few other things: An excellently crafted suit of ancient chain, made of a glittering silver material with the phrase "To my darling Lilith" on it and the aforementioned Longbow,
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 pm » and Shun had 3 too.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 pm » ok, how far back are we retconnoning?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 pm » Yes, Dusk has essense 3.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:56 pm » Sorry... I AM retconning a few things...
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » Deka: Oooooh I like. Mind if I keep the bow?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » Is anyones essence above 2?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » Oops, sorry.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » No... you guys hadn't left the chamber. I was just copying and pasting where you guys were.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » Yeah, Shun answered the ghost's riddle and opened the cabinet.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm » Ok... the bow is... well, it's a magnificant bow, just a head shorter tahn you are, Deka. Made out of Oricalcum, and with a bow string drawn so tight as to be nearly invisable.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm » We'ren't we a bit further?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm » When last we left off, I gave you a description like this: Inside you see what appears to be a large chamber, with a sarcophagai in the center of it, covered with a glittering orinate bust of Desus's face in life... The walls of the room themselves are covered in what appear to be ancient runes in the langauge of Old Realm... Aside from the wallls and the Sarcophagi, there are three things of note in the room: The first is what looks to be a orinate cabinate, the doors covered in jewels and crafted of gold and silver, which glitter in the light of Shun's anima banner. The next is an alter with graven images and patterns of the sun on it
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm » Deka: *checking the bow*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm » Dusk: *frantically writing!*
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm » WeiOOC: And here I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that... * :P *
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 pm » Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... and by that, I mean the Solar Exalts...
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm » Also..... one final thing: You're going to have to make a resplendant destiny, at least one, befroe you leave Yu Shan... read that section and pick one and PM me with it
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm » Wait... the bare minimmum successes needed are 6... ok, so you have 7 effect points to spend.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm » PM me with your decisions and I'll take them into account.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm » I was worried, actualy...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm » Awesome.
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm » FuzzyOOC: ...eep.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm » Now I'm going to switch over to the Solars... I need you to read the chapter and decide what you want that destiny to BE... it's kinda like picking out background traits, and it explains it in there
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm » ok... so 13. So you have 13 effect points to choose from
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm » 3
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm » 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=10
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm » which I'd already hinted at in Fuzzy and Wei's ending.
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm » exciting, truly
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 pm » FuzzyOOC: Ooooh... foreshadowing...
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 pm » ok then
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 pm » Alright, I;ll make th eprayer roll, then...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 pm » ShunOOC: Yessah.*grin*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm » DuskOOC: Oh, hush, Shun. I'll take all the good destiny I can get.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm » GMOOC: True, but this is a tutorial. Beyond that, it's a convenient way of demonstrating foreshadowing.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm » WeiOOC: Yeah, yeah... you'll take your help and be happy for it, arlight?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm » BaoshiOOC: Oh, yes, I;m sorry- forgive me oh sacred one. *twacks Shun in the arm* Shaddup and take your bounuses.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm » ShunOOC: Not complaining, but we are solars, we make our own fighting chances. Not bragging, just pointing out a fact...
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm » DekaOOC: Yey?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:46 pm » Okay, a moment..
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:46 pm » Make your roll
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:46 pm » He expalins it won't necessarily save them, but it might give them a fighting chance
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Shota is essentially showing you guys how to craft an Ascending Destiny centered around a clique of people, (the Solar group) so as to confer a positive bonus for them.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Dr.Beard, I responded to your post!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 pm » Nice.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm » You and Mei now have access to the abilities in this chapter if you ever see need to use them, by the way.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm » The normal difficulty is six, but you have both Mei and Shota helping you, so that counteracts it.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm » WeiOOC: Yay... I'm still out of character...
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm » make a Charisma + performance roll, and at the immediate moment add 10 successes to it.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 pm » Okay.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 pm » With Jane gone, we're going to switch over to the solar game for a bit. But first... Tinker, I need you to open your book on Sidereals to page 189.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 pm » Alright.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 pm » [got to go to eat. back as soon as possible!!]
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 pm » *pokes to stay*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 pm » ShunOOC: ...A bit...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Baoshi: ...alright. *looks firm* I'll gladly learn for that sake.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 pm » WeiOOC: ...that sounds bad...
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 pm » Shota sighs. "... I was worried we had a mole. Look, kid. I think the Gold faction has been... infiltrated. I've told our leader, Tezzim Nyura, about that." His face grows stern. "Now then... it's time to teach you both about something important. Sidereal Astrology. We will, if possible, use it to help your friends, remotely."
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 pm » *chat poke to keep recent*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:38 pm » Baoshi: ...an ambush right before the hiding place, my friends. Arrows
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm » No. Fujiko went outside to chase the other recruits that actually DIDN'T just pass out
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm » Z, is Shoutas partner there?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 pm » Shota smirks. "Yeah, we're not doing that. If it pretains to the future, then it can be changed. That was part of the purpose of bringing all of you here. To show you how you COULD."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:35 pm » Baoshi: ....I wish to discuss it a later point. *doing that stiffly polite thing*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 pm » Shota looks down at you, Baoshi, his face blank. "...when people panic like that in the presence of the loom, it's usually because they've seen something that they couldn't accept. What did you see?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 pm » Baoshi: ....*somewhat dazed*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 pm » Mei: Woah.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 pm » Baoshi, a few moments later, you're slowly stirred back to consciousness by Shota. Mei, meanwhile.... the sheer enormity of the Loom of Fate before you hasn't scared you off, like it had the other recruits, but you're staggered by it. Just by looking into the weavings you can see everything that ever has been and everything that IS... it's very, VERY difficult to keep from falling to pieces about that.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm » [I will break for dinner at some point. Just warning you!]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm » Cleese: *om!*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm » now then... as previously arranged, we'll start with the Sidereal sidequest, since it's got more time-pressing problems. Ideally, we'll juggle both sidequests tongiht, but we've got to cover some ground.
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm » TealOOC: EEP! *tries to escape the 'OOC' tag*
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » FuzzyOOC: OOC again...
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » Anyway.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » OOCShun: Ouch.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » WeiOOC: OOC party! *hasn't missed an OOC party yet*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » ...ooc: *Feeds Cleese a hearthstone*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm » OOCBaoshi: ....*blush*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:30 pm » And in a private IM session... Baoshi had succumed to the Loom's panicking effect that happens whenever anyone first sees it, while Mei hadn't... Baoshi had been plagued with a horrible vision of an event that may yet be, and passed out.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:30 pm » ...So would I
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm » Team solar was in the crypt of a fallen Sun-King, while team Sidereal had entered the Chamber of the Loom to gaze upon the Loom of Fate, the very destiny of the world itself and everything in it (Well, sorta anyway)
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm » Mei: Who, me?
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm » ...I would so read that fanfic.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Oh wait... that's just my crossover Fanfic. When we LAST left our Exalts, things were still looking somewhat dire for them
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » *snerk*
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Ok then! When we last left our group of intrepid Exalts, Cleese had just accidentally swallowed a hearthstone and Frederic was panicking, when-
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Hello dangerous people!
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Hi Tinker, Hi Jane!
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » ...perfect timing?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Howdy!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm » Huzzah!
Hawkwolf « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » yey
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Speak of the devil!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Hello, folks.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Now we just need Tinker
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Now all we need is Tinker.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Hi, Jane!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm » Mimic: *solved the puzzle!*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Rolf: Very good, Dollink!
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Shredded Rulebook remains: *reform into a rulebook when Mimic helps them*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Mimic: *repairs the rulebook*
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » [Here!]
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Claire: I beat the rules!
chicgeek « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm » Tinker would so play. This is the man who created grues and gazebos, after all.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:25 pm » Laughingman: I don't think it works like gordian's knot...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:25 pm » heh, that's one way to win I suppose.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:25 pm » Shredded Rulebook Remains: *Sit there indignantly*
Claire « Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 pm » Claire: *has shredded a rulebook* Hah! I win!

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums