Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Exalted Sidestory
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 720
This is mostly for Beard, and unfortunatley, isn't the full transcript

Quote:
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:28 am » Oh, well. Can't be helped.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:27 am » I had to reload a few times myself
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 am » Did someone save this for Dr.Beard to read? I lost my connection a couple of times/
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:23 am » Ki: *Seeker? Seeker who?*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 am » Nor I, probbaly. Convention.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 am » Well, have a good night all
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 am » Repelling in Oragen (too alte to spell properly)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:21 am » I most likely won't be here next week
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » Sweet dreams
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » Seeker: You know exactly what I'm talking about... *sigh* Stupid scroll...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » kk~
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » Night, Tinker.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » If I can't be on tomorrow, I'll certainly be on in the beginning of next week.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » *~
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » Sweet dreams
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 am » Los: *smiles sweetly* Whaaat`
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:19 am » Sweet dreams, folks.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:19 am » ...Actually, now that I thinka bout it, I'll probably be here for a tiny bit more...
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:19 am » heh
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am » Seeker: *looks at Los* ...I don't like my odds
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am » Good night, Wally.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am » And goood night!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am » Wooo!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am » Tomorrow: The spellbinding conclusion!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:17 am » All right. That was fun.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:17 am » I think I can manage tomorrow... And yeah, it's getting pretty late here
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:17 am » (Same here)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am » I'm free tomorrow.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am » (tomorrow is good for me)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am » Ki: That guard will be able to describe us when he wakes up...now if we run, everyone will notice us and chase. Come on, let';s be apair of amorous lovers who can't wait to get alone together.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am » [Or monday, or whenever we're next present?]
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am » [Would anyone be interested in playing the escape, and the end of Tinker and Wally's segments, tomorrow?]
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 am » The amulet is hidden.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 am » Ki has a chain shirt on under his clothes. he slips the amulet over his head, under both his clothing and the chain shirt.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 am » (Incidentally, by not picking the lock, the duo missed setting off a nasty poison gas trap...)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 am » Cat: Good. Hide that thing and let's head for the exit!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:13 am » Ki: Oh, what the hell. *smashes the glass, and will be sure to be the one grabbing the amulat*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:13 am » Cat: That's not a bad idea. [Looks at the sword at his side]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » Heh.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » Ki grits his teeth, Stupid lock! "We could just break the glass."
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » Seeker: *rolls eyes* You always were better at the second try...
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » on the lock* gah the typos
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » spit*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » Cat: Look, I'll help, but we gotta be quick about this...
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am » naw, you just need to spiot ont helock, that will do it :P
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 am » So much for the great Ki Tsune.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 am » . . . The lock stays stuck.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 am » ...that sucked.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 am » Ki zooms into action. If he can pull this off, what a coup it'll be! The second the guard is down, he applies all his skill to the lock. BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=3
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 am » /
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 am » So that's 11 Dice.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 am » Sure!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 am » Channel conviction? He knows he only has one shot at this, and really wants to pull it off before fleeingthe isle.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:06 am » wits 4, larceny 5...trying to think if there's anything i can do to increase my roll.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:06 am » The guard says, "Look, Miss, there's no one—" and that's when Cat knocks him on the head.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 am » Meanwhile, Cat is talking to the guard. "But what if someone was behind... oh, say, that Tapestry?"
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 am » (Oh, he'd slip it ove rhis head, and under his shirt)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 am » But first, you have to open the case. ROll Wits + Larceny.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 am » Ki: "I'm an idiot. But the possible payoff.... heh." *grins, and prepares to get to work.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am » Or, attempt a roll to conceal it on your person— this is Exalted, where the impossible is possible, after all.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am » Worn, believe it or not. On a chain around the neck. And it's a small dinner plate. But you could probably carry it.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 am » Cat goes over to talk to the guard.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 am » Okay, you said it was the size of a dinner plate? Is it something to be worn, or carrier, or held?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 am » Ki: *cracks his knuckles*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 am » Oh, I see.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 am » She's doing this before the guards knoicked out?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 am » Cat: I'll distract the guard, then you get that case open.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:01 am » Cat is applying a cord to the lock, which glows; then, the cord ties itself into a knot.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 am » A little ways away, but he looks pretty bored.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:58 am » How close is the guard?
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:58 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:57 am » Cat: There's a pretty nasty sorcery on that, but I brought countermeasures. [fishes out a special cord]
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:57 am » It's behind glass. There's a lock, but it doesn't look like there's much other protection.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:56 am » Ki: I never. *absently, as he's studying it*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:56 am » Ki takes a good look-at the artifact. Is it on a stand? Behind glass? What can he see, or deduce?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 am » Cat: It makes you blush.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 am » Ki: You keep saying that. Why's it forbidden,,anyways? *thinking furiously*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 am » Cat: *giggle* Personally, I was hoping on a partnership, myself. No betrayal. What keeps you from betraying me?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:54 am » Cat: "Our forbidden love affair, of course!"
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:53 am » SeekerOOC: Well... Not exactly what I was expecting, though my guess might not be entirely wrong...
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:53 am » Ki: It did at that. Not that I'm admitting a thing" *grins at her* "But, what keeps you from betraying me later, Kitten?"
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:53 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:52 am » Cat: "So, I picked your pocket. I figured that would get your attention." She smiles sweetly up at Ki.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:52 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:52 am » Cat: So, I figured we could join up— imagine how much that could be worth! It's definitely a 2-person job, though. And I brought sorcery-capturing cords, and some other useful items."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:51 am » Cat: Sure! Let's just say we both know that one-eyed guy for the same reason. I only heard of you because someone mentioned you'd landed in the pokey. But I did hear a few stories."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 am » He blinks. "We've never met before, Miss Kitty cat. You sure you thinking of me?"
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 am » "Besides, even assuming that I COULD do such a task....if this was mine, I'd have more than one measly guard on it. I'd have peepholes in the walls, and magical layers of protections, and...what was that?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 am » (Actually, it's not that worthy of spit-taking. I take that back.)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:48 am » (Ki, feel free to spit-take at this point.)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:48 am » Cat: Besides, I've heard of some of your past 'excursions'. I'm pretty sure we can do it— together.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:47 am » Cat: The idea is that that doesn't happen.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:46 am » Ki: "Oh, is that all? You left out the part where the imperial guards lock us up for a zillion years. Assuming they don't just gut us, first." But he's rubbing his chin.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:46 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 am » Cat: I'll distract the guard, you steal the artifact, and we can bluff our way out of here.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 am » Ki draps an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Giving her an excuse to speak for his ears only. "What?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 am » Cat moves closer to Ki, speaking in a low voice. "We just have to take the artifact to someone who can find that out!"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:44 am » Cat then perks up. "You know, I know a way we could find out!" She does a surreptitious glance around the room as she says this. The guard is some distance away, and can't hear them.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:44 am » Ki: Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not boring. *smiles*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:43 am » Cat: Oh, I know there's people who'll be able to work artifacts! It's just a matter of asking someone who can find out." She sighs, looking at the artifact. "I wonder... what could it do?"
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:42 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:42 am » Ki: Yeah, you'd think the first age makers could have left an operating manual for it, wouldn't you? Seems kind of pointless for their works to survive, and be unusable. *casual shrug*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am » Ki stiffens. He knows that man, and that shop. That man is a fence, whom he has sold stolen goods to. Better tread carefully.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am » (Good saying, Hawk.)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am » "Well," she says, "I once knew this guy... he ran a quaint little item shop. It was filled with all kinds of shiny stuff! I bet he could tell you. He was an old man, with a scar over one eye."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am » Ki: Crazy. I wonder what it does?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am » Ki and Cat are admiring the artifact. They're talking together.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 am » ,
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 am » (reminds me of a saying "If you think you got the better deal, better count your fingers then your relatives)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 am » *whistles* Grand manipulators are *fun*.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 am » Now, back to Ki and Cat:
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 am » His anima brightens for one last moment, then goes out, its purpose accomplished.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am » "So on so fort read the fine print, check your pockets on the way out." he adds, seeming to smile at some inward joke.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am » "Then I purify this oath between us in the eyes of the Heavens, so mote it be."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am » Los's anima swirls brightly for a second, the text of the agreement writ large, then dies down again.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am » He flares with blinfing white *light* that flares and shifts, a glowing circle radiating on his forhead. is anima is like falling coins and rising chains, with a impression of a swinging scale.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 am » Mnemon: Here. Oh, just a warning: there might be a bit of a drain on your Essence as that knife breaks the protections. I haven't really tested it, but hopefully it won't be a problem for you.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 am » I expect 10 essence, 1 wp.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 am » hehe
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 am » Mnemon grasps it.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 am » "Always add a little extra if you think you can, Lass." he smiles, and hilds out is hand to her, palm facing up.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 am » Mnemon: ...did you have to add that last one? Agreed.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 am » (He might have put it beter, but this was what I could whip out.)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 am » "I will, in service to you specificaly or any heir(s) you may see fit to name at a later date, lend the support of myself and my city to your position on the throne, and see your way clear *to* said throne, specificly but not limited to 1 (1) faked murder, to be followed up on if nessisary. In return you grant my city (Nexus) favorable trade and relations to be specified as you have already written out, agree to keep my secret(s), will shift the Immaculate texts to ease the anti-anathemia slant, ease the wild hunt (In a manner subject to future debate between us no doubt), contact the Silver pact on favorable trade returns, and not protest when I call you lass. Agreed?" he holds out his hand.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 am » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 am » (right)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 am » .
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 am » (one se)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:27 am » Mnemon: Name the exact terms, and I will swear to them.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:27 am » e holds out his hand, smiling like the kind uncle Mnemon probably never had. "You prepared to swear?" something odd seems to be gathering...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:26 am » (I;m havign FUN yes I am~)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:26 am » Mnemon: Agreed.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:26 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:26 am » (Tinker is playing Vetenari?)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 am » He nods, tilting his head. "I don't rule. I guide, Lass. Then you get your support and space, we get the trade and your aide, the wyld hunt is loosened, my kin less hunted... and two more thngs, on my end. My secrets kept quiet. And I want you to reach out to the Silver Pact. Not right away, of course..."
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am » Mnemon: I step in, Nexus gets what it wants, and you go back and rule your city. How does that sound, to you?
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am » (shhhhh, Cleveland is a lie :P)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 am » (Cleveland?)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 am » Mnemon: A scratch should do. It'll cast an illusion, and teleport him to— well, I've got an appropriate holding location.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 am » He looks at her, and holds out his hand- letting it drop into his hand. "A faked death, and a quiet retirement, then."
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 am » Mnemon: I built some of the more sorcerous of Fokuf's protections myself, and short of ME, that knife is the only thing that can get through them.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am » She gives it to you.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am » Mnemon: A faked death it is, then. Take this knife.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am » ,
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am » Mnemon takes the orichalcum knife. There's some sort of sorcery been laid upon it, and she starts to modify it.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 am » Mnem: Wait, I could still do that.... of COURSE!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 am » Then she realizes.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 am » Mnem: ...huh. I never thought of that. Next time I have to power-grab for the Scarlet Throne, I'll set my plans up so they can do that, instead.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 am » "A faked death?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 am » Mnemon: Here, he can die, and I can — step in and take over.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 am » Mnemon: [sigh] I tried planning it out every other way. If Fokuf is exiled, or power-structured out, someone'll rally behind him, and I can't keep the throne.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 am » "I get nervous when omeone says things like 'death is the only option', Lass."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 am » (Tower checkmates king?)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 am » ,
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 am » (mmmm chess)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:13 am » Mnemon takes out a small orichalcum knife, and lays it on the table. "I only ask that, for me, you slay the Regent of the Realm, Tepet Fokuf."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:13 am » "I always preffered chess. Pity it fell out of style."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:13 am » Mnemon: "You and I are the only ones who may see all the pieces on the Gateway board, so to speak. And I cannot do the action I am about to request of you, or all my plans would be wrecked."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 am » He nods, and listens.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 am » Mnemon: "I can make an agreement. In writing. Whatever you desire. But there is one thing."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 am » He waves a hand a litle. "Stopping riots and stopping the iron armies of the empire are a bit different, Grace. I;m just saying, if I was to take this, I'd need a solid agreement." he smiles a little. "Oh? A third thing~?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 am » Mnemon: "But, for all that I can give you and your city, there is one thing I need from you."
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:09 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:09 am » Mnemon: "I've seen you. In the streets of Nexus. Stopping riots with a touch. I don't know how you wield the reality-bending power you do when you are the Emissary, within Nexus, but I doubt I could grind Nexus off the map, under any circumstances."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:08 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 am » "Theres more then just te one, Grace. Whos to say you won;t just grind my little humble city off the map once you choose to?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 am » Mnemon: "The second thing my plans need to succeed is the death of the Regent, Tepet Fokuf. I talked to some 'friends' of mine, and arranged it— but it seems the agent they sent was captured. As such, we will have to improvise."
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:06 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:06 am » Mnemon: "Your kin will be safe, or at the least, safer, from the Realm. I am prepared to offer you further trade concessions, so on, the stuff of empire. But there is a problem."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:06 am » He looks her over a little, considering- seeming to turn her words over.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:05 am » Mnemon: "It will take time, but over the course of the years after I take the throne, I will attenuate the Wyld Hunt, and work upon attenuating the power of the Immaculate Philosophy."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 am » Mnemon: "I offer you the support of the Realm. An Alliance between the City of the Rivers, and the greatest empire of the Second Age. And, a personal promise, as well."
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 am » He seems to consider commenting, but lets it slide.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 am » Mnemon: "The first, and most important, thing, is the support of Nexus. I am not the Guild's choice— but Nexus, and you, have power over the city (and thus, the very center of guild operations) like none other."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 am » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 am » He listens politely, sifting in his seat a bit- moving his staff to lay it over his lap.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:01 am » Mnemon: " I want the Scarlet Throne. It's no secret. What not many know is that my plans to get it— and keep it— are almost complete. They just need two things to finish it."
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:01 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:00 am » Mnemon: "So you say. But here is how things stand:"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:00 am » He tilts his head a little, waving a hand. "Flattery, Your Grace. barbed flattery, in fact." he sits, still holding his staff. "If Nexus had a puppetmaster, you;d think itd have better curfiews."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 am » "Please, sit down," Mnemon says. "I know who you are, so we'll skip the diplomatic niceties and get straight to the point, O puppetmaster of Nexus."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 am » The humble Ambassador has bowed, and is still standing.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 am » Which is a neat point to switch back to Los, the representative of Nexus.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 am » "But you two have fun... and keep an eye on her for me, alright?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 am » And the two head off.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 am » *right
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am » Cat: All righ!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am » Ki: Will it fit in a pocket? *grins* Oh, why not?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am » Seeker is still keeping an eye on the Regent, in addition to talking to Cat. "You know, I find it funny you didn't refute that it was a forgery, just agreed that no one could detect it as such..."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 am » Cat looks at Ki. "You know, your friend really doesn't make sense sometimes. Wanna see the first age artifact?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 am » Cat shrugs, and grins— but she's still focusing intently on Seeker. "Of course!"
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:55 am » Seeker smiles. "Of course you do. And of course, no one would be able to detect it as a forgery, would they?"
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 am » Cat: And you can call me 'Cat'!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 am » Cat: But what good would that do? I have an invitation! [grins]
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:53 am » On hearing Seeker's response, Cat suddenly is giving a lot of attention to Seeker.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:53 am » Cat puts two fingers on her chin, cutely. "I don't know. Would you be?"
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 am » Seeker: Really? Well, as a servant, I suppose I'll just double check the guest list, so I can make sure to adress you properly for a lady of your obvious stature...
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 am » Ki: Would I be here if I wasn't?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 am » She smiles slyly at Ki. "And you, how'd you come to be here? You're invited too, right?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 am » Hah!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 am » Cat: What? What's this about pockets? I'm here because I'm invited!
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 am » Seeker: *smiles back* So, Cat was it? More importantly than how you two lovely birds met, how'd you come to be in this fine party?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 am » Ki: Oh, you mean when you picked my pocket?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 am » Cat: Go on, Ki, tell your friend how we met!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 am » Ki: *gives Seeker a glance, that can be interpreted as 'help?')
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 am » Cat: [nods brightly] I suppose.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:48 am » Ki: ....you're bored again, aren't you?
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 am » hehe
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 am » *snrk*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 am » Cat: Oh, don't worry. Why would I punch such a handsome man?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 am » Ki: *wheezes and thumps himself on the chest a little* Lady, just what was in your punch?
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 am » Cat: [@Seeker] And he's told me about his trading business, and how he wants me to join in with him, and how we could be happy together—
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 am » Seeker: Oh, obivously...
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 am » Ki: *chokes on his fruit bread*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 am » (Ki, Seeker, you have the option to spit-take if you so choose.)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 am » "Oh, come on! You look pretty interesting. I mean, if you're a friend of this guy— who fell in love with me at first sight—"
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 am » Ki: Very.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 am » Cat looks straight at Seeker.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 am » Seeker: *takes fruit bread tray* Oh, not me... just a humble servant, very boring...
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 am » (she's referring to Seeker)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 am » In any case, Cat, on Ki's arm, is perked up. "Ooh! Is this a friend of yours?" she says.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 am » (better then the white glove society from Fallout new Vegas, I hope)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 am » Seeker: Hmm... *feels like he should be especially close to the regent while he's eating his next meal*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 am » Someone else: "Nah, nah, you know there's no such thing as the White Veil society."
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 am » SeekerOOC: Now that's just unfortunate...
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 am » convenient
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 am » Someone: "...and it's rumored she's even a member of the White Veil Society!"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 am » Unfortunately, while she was on stage, she tried to shoot poisoned darts at the regent from her flute.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 am » Cat: A fun party!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 am » Anyway. Apparently, Nemi is being hauled away for— well, two of the musicians on the mainstage fell mysteriously ill. Nemi volunteered to replace one— she plays the flute.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:36 am » Ki: Nah...just another party.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:36 am » Seeker: *nods to Ki-Tsune* Hmm... seen anything unusal?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:35 am » Ki Tsune: *snags some fruit bread from Seeker's plate*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:35 am » OK, how much was the bet?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 am » Bodygaurd! Yesssss.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 am » *snrk*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 am » You carefully watch the commotion as Nemi, the Dragon-Blooded you were talking to, is hauled away by Fokuf's courtesan friend bodyguard.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 am » Seeker: *serving food as close to the Regent as he can manage*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 am » Now then. Moving on to Seeker and co...
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 am » And you're back in the party, and now you have some private info that your spymaster friends and Lunar friends'll be glad to have!
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 am » Gently: *gonna fly out the door and once safe, gonna change back and back to the party*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 am » (I believe the procedure for small insects involves eating the entire thing.)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » (Teeeny tweezers)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » Okay. The drawer is shut. The door opens, and three guards in armor walk in. They see nobody, so they start doing a cursory search of the room for intruders.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » ((It rquires tweezers~))
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » (lolw as jsut thinking that too)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » (Ok, NOW I am jelous of Lunar's shape chanign abilities)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 am » (Okay, now I'm seeing a lunar killing a 'skeeter, and using a magnifying glass to find its heart to remove and eat so it can take the form)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am » then change
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am » before I do that, gonna shut the drawer
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am » wait
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am » Gently: *changes into a Mosquito and flies to a safe corner and out of the way. no point in getting swatted at
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:29 am » You've searched the desk, and just as well, as it sounds like your letter-reading might have attracted attention. You hear someone approaching. No, correction. Several people approaching. In chainmail.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:28 am » Okay. Copied they are.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:28 am » Well if they go missing, people might suspect that they were taken and thus those orders probably be cahnged. I am going to copy them, in note format
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 am » Anyway, what do you do wiht the orders?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 am » ,
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 am » /
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 am » (Fun fact: Gently used a charm to block it, or she'd probably be enthralled right now.)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 am » bet me to it
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 am » Gently: *is not quite sure what to make of that letter but will look for the info ont he Wyld hunt*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 am » There is one more item in the drawer. The fourth and final item appears to be orders for the next Wyld Hunt.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:24 am » (9back))
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am » The rest of the letter goes on like that, though a slight shifting of the text implies that it may have different text for everybody. With a groan, you carefully place the letter back into the drawer, fighting the urge to crumple it into a ball.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 am » "Dear Ms. Lunar: Please protect and tutor young Cynis Nemiah, and teach her —
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 am » hehe
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 am » with a fly swatter? wait, you're not a mosquito right now, nevermind.:)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 am » The next portion of the message is addressed directly to Gently.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:20 am » .
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:20 am » Gently: *is caught off guar! Looks around, kinda half expecting someone to jump out now*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am » ((brb))
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am » nice.
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am » Night!
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am » (Gnight, Sarah.)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:17 am » Funny thing is, I kinda saw that coming
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am » Hah!
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am » *snerk*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am » At this point, let's count the letter as making an unexpected social attack.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am » "...including, {a long list of names, and what the names are proficient in}, along with the Lunar spy who is currently reading this letter."
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 am » "I know that you are as of yet unskilled in the business of ruling and governing, so I have arranged for the Realm to be held temporarily by a lesser member of my house, and for you to be instructed by a number of experts in the various arts of statecraft...
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » Okay.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » Goodnight, Sarah.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » Wait. Just wait until this letter's over.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » All right.
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » Really sorry, but I've got to go now.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » Gently: *will take notes of what she is reading*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am » hmm...
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 am » "I have, as you know, instructed the White Veil society to see to the death of Regent Fokuf; in the event you were unable to kill him, my backup plan should have worked successfully. In any case...
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:12 am » "My plans are were almost complete; all that is left is for the untimely death of the Regent for everything to fall into place. Obviously, this letter will only be read if I, too, have vanished; this obviously puts a crimp in things.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 am » (interesting so far)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:10 am » "In the light of the troubled contest for the throne, I have been carefully arranging matters such that I would have been able to claim it.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:10 am » "If you are reading this, I have succumbed to the same fate that befell my mother, several years ago.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 am » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 am » .
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am » Gently: * will wait a moment before trailing the Elder disgreatly*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am » What do you do?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am » The military dragon-blood strides off. The mortal heads in the opposite direction.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am » Elder: [facepalms] I will go, and put the item away, right now. You, please get as far away from me, as you can possibly be. Thank you.
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 am » (my character has gained a name! Gently Changing Winds!)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am » Japeth: An Anathema. In the Imperial City. In the Imperial Palace. Riiiiiight. Why don't you just say that you forgot you wanted it left out, and be done with it?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am » Elder: How hard is it to put something in a drawer? Wyld Hunt orders are not a thing to be taken lightly, Japeth. I mean, suppose a spy, or an Anathema had seen—
chicgeek « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 am » Mortal, more of a clerk-y type: It was an accident! Ac-ci-dent! Copying out stuff with that kind of time limit—
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 am » (I apperently forgot to come up with a name so working on that right now)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 am » *snrk*
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 am » *stops to listen discreatly*
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 am » ,
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 am » Elder Dragon-Blood, a real military type: "You left what sitting out?"
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 am » Lately, she just overheard this conversation.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am » Hawk is walking around, still listening idly. She's presented herself to the Regent, who nodded, agreed with the vague blandishments she said and then turned his attention back to the show.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am » (We'll post it. :3)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am » (Sure!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 am » ((I'm fading fast. Can I find out how this game ends from someone else later?))
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 am » (I think it was seven, but still...)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:44 am » (Something like that.)
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:44 am » which reminds me of the question I sent you earlier in IM
Hawkwolf « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 am » (wasn't 12 what Scott had to face? Could not remember)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 am » Now then, back to Hawk, who we haven't seen in a while.

_________________
Survivor of six years wandering the dimensions. Come on, just give the guy a break!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Exalted Side Story: An Eventful Occasion
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:19 am 
Offline
Heh heh heh.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Behind you
Here are the full transcripts. Remember, read from bottom to top. I've annotated it with roll difficulties and a few notes.



Quote:
Los: ...poor innocent silverling. *pats gently* you;ll learn~
Professor_Tinker, 11:29 pm
Zzzz.....
Professor_Tinker, 11:29 pm
Gently: Can't believe she tried to control me like that.
Hawkwolf, 11:29 pm
It was very fun. Well done, Jane.
Professor_Tinker, 11:29 pm
Zzzzz....
chicgeek, 11:28 pm
Goodnight.
chicgeek, 11:28 pm
goodnight
Hawkwolf, 11:28 pm
Gnight, folks. :3
Professor_Tinker, 11:28 pm
It was fun
Wallycaine, 11:28 pm
Los: Comeoooon, we have a very nice pension~
Professor_Tinker, 11:28 pm
It was. Thanks, Jane.
chicgeek, 11:28 pm
Goodnight!
Wallycaine, 11:28 pm
yey
Hawkwolf, 11:28 pm
*applause*
Sarah McLaren, 11:28 pm
Thanks, everyone— it was really fun!
Jane Narbon, 11:28 pm
Log will be posted by tomorrow.
Jane Narbon, 11:27 pm
Yay!
Sarah McLaren, 11:27 pm
THE END
Jane Narbon, 11:27 pm
~ An Eventful Occasion ~
Jane Narbon, 11:27 pm
Truly, it has indeed been
Jane Narbon, 11:27 pm
Will a new Age of harmony with the Solars begin? Can the world of Creation be a better place? Only time will tell. But at this party, this Gala, the world has changed.
Jane Narbon, 11:26 pm
Los, at some point, somehow, sends seeker a bsket of fruited-soft desert bread. With a small, hard to trace note uggesting his skills could be put to better ue.
Professor_Tinker, 11:26 pm
And, of course... Mnemon now rules the Realm as the new Scarlet Empress. Over time, she's careful to hold to her promises. Nexus and the Realm grow closer together— and, over hundreds of years, the Immaculate doctrine... changes.
Jane Narbon, 11:26 pm
heh
Hawkwolf, 11:26 pm
Man, if only this could happen in canon.
chicgeek, 11:26 pm
Seeker: And they probably ignored my discription of the assisian... lazy gits
Wallycaine, 11:25 pm
Fokuf is now housed at Mnemon's own expense in one of her palaces. He's actually happy, for once— ruling was a strain.
Jane Narbon, 11:25 pm
And Los, the Solar who is the Emissary of Nexus, still reigns there. Mnemon sent his staff back later.
Jane Narbon, 11:24 pm
He was promptly sent out on missions to attenuate the damage to the Bronze Faction's agenda. And took a pay cut.
Jane Narbon, 11:24 pm
Not a gazebo ranch?
chicgeek, 11:24 pm
*things
Professor_Tinker, 11:24 pm
Seeker headed straight up to Yu-Shan as fast as he could after the dust settled.
Jane Narbon, 11:23 pm
Solars made the funniest thing...
Professor_Tinker, 11:23 pm
Cat and Ki have now started a new, mutual life of crime in the Threshold.
Jane Narbon, 11:23 pm
You'd have probably been making many trips to nexus to tutor Ms. Nemiah.
Jane Narbon, 11:23 pm
Ki: Whaddaya know...
chicgeek, 11:23 pm
Pfff.... <3
Professor_Tinker, 11:23 pm
curious, what would have changed if I had not resisted that mental influence to help seek out Nevi?
Hawkwolf, 11:22 pm
I second Wally on that.
Sarah McLaren, 11:22 pm
The artifact was none other than the legendary Construction-Amulet of the Gazebo.
Jane Narbon, 11:22 pm
...D'awwwww
Wallycaine, 11:22 pm
"Peep!" A little baby Gazebo appeared.
Jane Narbon, 11:22 pm
SeekerOOC: Oh, I'll have my own stuff to worry about
Wallycaine, 11:22 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 11:21 pm
The fence-savant booted it up, toggled some options, and...
Jane Narbon, 11:21 pm
KiOOC: Oh, man, Seeker's going to kill me for ditching him...
chicgeek, 11:21 pm
Cat and Ki, with the artifact in tow, got off the Blessed Isle as fast as they possibly could. When they went to sell the artifact, they found out what it was.
Jane Narbon, 11:20 pm
yey
Hawkwolf, 11:20 pm
Gently, the Haslanti League ambassador, went home to her people with lots of info. She was praised— by both the League and the Silver Pact, for finding the Wyld Hunt plans as well.
Jane Narbon, 11:20 pm
*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 11:19 pm
She is now on loan to the Council of Nexus (under a different identity). The Council has a use for her now and then.
Jane Narbon, 11:19 pm
and she was smuggled off the Blessed Isle, to the care of a White Veil branch in the Scavenger Lands.
Jane Narbon, 11:19 pm
Anyway! Cynis Nemiah was tried for treason, attempted murder of the Regent, and other charges. She was sentenced to death. However, with politics as what it is, her execution was faked,
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
Yes, she did.
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
...Just answer me this: Did Mnemon facepalm?
Professor_Tinker, 11:18 pm
yey
Hawkwolf, 11:18 pm
Now, it's time for a little epilogue of "Where are they Now?"
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
And that is IT for the story.
Jane Narbon, 11:17 pm
Meanwhile, with all the commiotion, Cat and Ki have had time to slip out at their leisure.
Jane Narbon, 11:17 pm
And scene.
Jane Narbon, 11:17 pm
Los juuuuuuuuuust makes it— and Seeker has to pull up short as the gate slams down.
Jane Narbon, 11:16 pm
heh
Hawkwolf, 11:16 pm
"Well done, then."
Professor_Tinker, 11:16 pm
Whoa. That was diff 3, and...
Jane Narbon, 11:16 pm
*snerk*
chicgeek, 11:15 pm
1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=5 (Diff = 3)
Professor_Tinker, 11:15 pm
(Does he have a hat to grab after he dives through?)
Sarah McLaren, 11:14 pm
(exalted Olympics? No need for a burning torch)
chicgeek, 11:14 pm
"I do have to try, you know..."
Wallycaine, 11:14 pm
One last obstacle: They're bringing down a big portcullis over the gate. It's half-closed. Los, Dex+Dodge to get under it— and then you're safe.
Jane Narbon, 11:13 pm
One of the guards falls behind, out of breath.
Jane Narbon, 11:13 pm
"You know, you;re very good at this!"
Professor_Tinker, 11:13 pm
1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=9
Jane Narbon, 11:13 pm
6 successes even. Each.
Jane Narbon, 11:12 pm
Heh,'
chicgeek, 11:12 pm
...I really pity the Nexus criminal that tries to leg it from Los. I really do.
Professor_Tinker, 11:11 pm
1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=10
Professor_Tinker, 11:11 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 11:11 pm
1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=10
Wallycaine, 11:10 pm
Do it!
Jane Narbon, 11:10 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:10 pm
*channelling conviction for this one, if it's okay?*
Wallycaine, 11:10 pm
Guards, same as for Seeker.
Jane Narbon, 11:10 pm
Difficulty is 3 for both of you, and 2 for the guards.
Jane Narbon, 11:09 pm
You're just about to the outskirts of the palace. One last burst is in order. Los, if you can make this, there might be a portcullis, but you won't have to contend with any further Stamina + Resistance rolls. Seeker, if you get more than double the successes he does, you'll have a shot at catching him.
Jane Narbon, 11:08 pm
1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, // 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, // 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=7
Jane Narbon, 11:07 pm
I mean, the regents dead via jester and then- the bloody artifact.
Professor_Tinker, 11:06 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 11:05 pm
1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=5
Professor_Tinker, 11:05 pm
1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=5
Wallycaine, 11:05 pm
Okay. You're getting closer to the outer wings of the palace. Roll again. Seeker, Los, it's Diff 2 now. The guards are still fresher, so they still have Diff 1.
Jane Narbon, 11:04 pm
KiOOc: *Doesn't mind that a bit!*
chicgeek, 11:04 pm
...pfftt... thats going to annoy people.
Professor_Tinker, 11:04 pm
The Guards: 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=7 // 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=8 // 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=7
Jane Narbon, 11:03 pm
you know what I jsut realized, udner this commotion, no one will most likely notice the issing artifact
Hawkwolf, 11:03 pm
heh
Hawkwolf, 11:03 pm
Los: *rather enjoying himself*
Professor_Tinker, 11:03 pm
1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=1
Professor_Tinker, 11:02 pm
1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=8
Wallycaine, 11:02 pm
Both of you are successfully chasing and being chased— though Seeker's shouts have attracted three guards. Roll again, still difficulty 1.
Jane Narbon, 11:01 pm
Los will also be on te lookout for promising hiding spots, although lit up like this...
Professor_Tinker, 11:01 pm
1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=8
Professor_Tinker, 11:01 pm
1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=5
Wallycaine, 11:01 pm
Seeker: *will also begin yelling stuff like "Catch him!"
Wallycaine, 11:00 pm
Los has some way to go before he gets to a palace gate.
Jane Narbon, 11:00 pm
*well Los is a Sol...*
chicgeek, 11:00 pm
Ah, the chase begins! Both of you, roll Stamina + Resistance.
Jane Narbon, 11:00 pm
Seeker: *takes off after him*
Wallycaine, 11:00 pm
Sorry, typoed.
Professor_Tinker, 11:00 pm
Los.
Professor_Tinker, 11:00 pm
Jogging. Jauntily.
Professor_Tinker, 10:59 pm
Yeah, Seeker can see Los/Sol. Who is running for it.
Jane Narbon, 10:59 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:59 pm
Phew.
Professor_Tinker, 10:58 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:58 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:57 pm
1d10=3, 1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=3 (Diff = 1)
Wallycaine, 10:56 pm
Sol is going to take, I beleive, to his heels. Hes counting on Mnemon to be able to vouch for where he was.
Professor_Tinker, 10:56 pm
Roll Perception + Awareness, then.
Jane Narbon, 10:55 pm
Seeker is immediately going to jump up, and try and find the man he saw giving the knife to Fokuf
Wallycaine, 10:54 pm
Now then. What do you do?
Jane Narbon, 10:53 pm
Immediately, the crowd— and guards— surge in around the Regent.
Jane Narbon, 10:53 pm
*ba dum bish!*
chicgeek, 10:53 pm
Yes, I do beleive its running time...
Professor_Tinker, 10:53 pm
"...wrong dagger?"
Professor_Tinker, 10:53 pm
When the light-show's over, Fokuf is on the ground, apparently dead.
Jane Narbon, 10:52 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 10:52 pm
Heh heh.
Sarah McLaren, 10:52 pm
Sorcery being shattered is always a nasty effect, and there is a small shockwave that throws Los, Seeker, and several nearby partygoers flying in all directions.
Jane Narbon, 10:52 pm
Only assisntaion by dagger *handle* anyones ever seen, ey?
Professor_Tinker, 10:51 pm
*Popcorn*
Wallycaine, 10:51 pm
(Nod. Pretty much, sidereal anima effects are one step down from where Solars would be)
Wallycaine, 10:51 pm
When the knife touches Fokuf's skin, it begins to glow, first gold, then white-gold. Then, there's a brilliant flash, as it cuts through the many layers of sorcery around Regent Fokuf.
Jane Narbon, 10:51 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:50 pm
(Oh. Huh. Man, sidreals have it easier a little there then.)
Professor_Tinker, 10:50 pm
(And 7 on a solar shows through anything... but anyways)
Wallycaine, 10:50 pm
(Well. Hellfire. And I have been keeping track and splitting up useage. 16 of perihrial gone, all but 1 of personal gone.)
Professor_Tinker, 10:50 pm
Anyway.
Jane Narbon, 10:50 pm
(Right, but it still counts towards the total, even if he's regenerated it, unless more than an hour has past)
Wallycaine, 10:50 pm
7, I think.
Jane Narbon, 10:50 pm
*Not personal, but perihial?*
chicgeek, 10:49 pm
(Fourteen motes? ...You're a bonfire, friend)
Wallycaine, 10:49 pm
You have. Technically, your hearthstones have regenerated a bunch, but you're about somewhere between 1-3 and 4-7.
Jane Narbon, 10:49 pm
Of periphial.
Professor_Tinker, 10:48 pm
*bad at keeping track of anima...*
Professor_Tinker, 10:48 pm
Glittering under makup, by which I meant it was opefuly still covered... then again, I think I have spend more then 14 motes.
Professor_Tinker, 10:47 pm
{moving out of combat time now}
Jane Narbon, 10:47 pm
*has popcorn* This has been a treat, whatever happens.
chicgeek, 10:47 pm
What happens next is quite... dramatic.
Jane Narbon, 10:47 pm
Before Seeker can stop him, Los, his caste mark glittering, gives the knife to Regent Fokuf.
Jane Narbon, 10:45 pm
Sol: *privatly a bit amazed this has gone so well so far*
Professor_Tinker, 10:45 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:44 pm
Fair enough.
Professor_Tinker, 10:44 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:44 pm
But I would have had to declare it's use and how much it was for before he rolled, so it's a moot point
Wallycaine, 10:43 pm
Okay then.
Jane Narbon, 10:43 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:43 pm
Just used an excellency instead
Wallycaine, 10:43 pm
Don't worry about it...
Wallycaine, 10:42 pm
What would you have done?
Jane Narbon, 10:42 pm
*shrug*
Wallycaine, 10:42 pm
Okay... Sorry, I misread the charm the first time, otherwise I would have done something different
Wallycaine, 10:41 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:41 pm
Give me a moment
Wallycaine, 10:41 pm
6 < 7
Jane Narbon, 10:41 pm
Nope.
Jane Narbon, 10:40 pm
1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=5
Wallycaine, 10:40 pm
Okay. Roll {Dex + Martial Arts}.
Jane Narbon, 10:39 pm
So minus four for PDV... Plus, Seeker's going to activate Grasping Mantis Defense
Wallycaine, 10:39 pm
"Here, hold this, Your Exelency~"
Professor_Tinker, 10:39 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:38 pm
Vs. PDV of 4...
Jane Narbon, 10:38 pm
7 sucsesses total...
Professor_Tinker, 10:38 pm
1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=5, 1d10=1
Professor_Tinker, 10:38 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:38 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:38 pm
(Nod)
Wallycaine, 10:38 pm
(Sorry... I'm trying to improv this just as much as you are)
Wallycaine, 10:38 pm
So, 6 dice to roll, +5 sucsess.
Professor_Tinker, 10:37 pm
He's at... what, -2 PDV?
Jane Narbon, 10:37 pm
9 dice, -3... and he will spend 10 motes to add 5 sucsesses, which is enough to make his caste sign glitter *under* the black makeup he smeared all over his face. For good reason.
Professor_Tinker, 10:37 pm
Okay then.
Jane Narbon, 10:37 pm
They Are... but the second half of Seeker's flurry was a defend another action... So maybe not grabbing the knife, but at least trying to stop Los from handing it to him)
Wallycaine, 10:36 pm
Wait a sec, wait a sec. I thought Seeker already tried to grab the knife. These actions are going on simultaneously...
Jane Narbon, 10:36 pm
*Assuming that's what his defend another action will consist of this turn*
Wallycaine, 10:35 pm
(I'd say Roll for the melee attack, but at a -3 penalty for a flurry... and Seeker's going to try and grab the knife, if only to be on the safe side)
Wallycaine, 10:35 pm
Roll for the 'attack'.
Jane Narbon, 10:34 pm
.
Wallycaine, 10:34 pm
Should I roll to have him catch the handle, or just go ahead and roll for the ;melee attack.
Professor_Tinker, 10:33 pm
Prefferably with a "Hold onto this for me, will you~?"
Professor_Tinker, 10:33 pm
(the 'attack' is soaked for Seeker.)
Jane Narbon, 10:33 pm
"I am *so* sorry, really..." he will try to catch the knife, which may count as a flurry... for the purpose of ducking under Seeker and meleeing to cheerfully put th eblade, handle first, into the Regents hand.
Professor_Tinker, 10:32 pm
,
chicgeek, 10:31 pm
"Oh! Do watch your hands, sir... its an ordimental blade, but even a butteknife, you know. Here, why don;t I put it away. Anyone in the audience have a stick, stone, brooch, little hairpin I could substitute...~? Anything, relly."
Professor_Tinker, 10:30 pm
This doesn't change it's flight path, but it does sting.
Jane Narbon, 10:29 pm
Los is unable to alter the knife's throwing path on a dime— but it doesn't matter. Seeker reaches out for it, is unable to catch it, and the blade hits him as it passes by.
Jane Narbon, 10:29 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:28 pm
1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=2 (Diff = 5)
Wallycaine, 10:27 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:27 pm
...Huh.
Professor_Tinker, 10:27 pm
1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=10 (Diff = 4)
Professor_Tinker, 10:27 pm
(Channeling compassion is OK.)
Jane Narbon, 10:26 pm
T: Um... well... you could opt to try to redirect the path of the knife in the air. But that'd be a tricky roll, too. (Wits + Thrown)
Jane Narbon, 10:26 pm
Probably some risk of damage... but Seeker doesnt' care much about that
Wallycaine, 10:26 pm
(yes, he does.)
Jane Narbon, 10:26 pm
(I'm gonna make an argument for channeling compassion here... he doesn't want to hurt the juggler, and he doesn't want the Regent hurt, so he's hoping that by taking away his weapon he'll be able to settle this peacefully)
Wallycaine, 10:26 pm
should he have a risk of taking damage from it? I mean, if he grabs it by the blade...
chicgeek, 10:25 pm
Can I perry or dodge it?
Professor_Tinker, 10:25 pm
(its not like Los could get it changed to an amusing cabbage...)
Professor_Tinker, 10:24 pm
(Ah, well.)
Professor_Tinker, 10:24 pm
(I was hoping for Martial arts, but okay)
Wallycaine, 10:24 pm
I'll rule Dodge, only you're using your Dodge to get your hand into place.
Jane Narbon, 10:23 pm
Insanity?
Sarah McLaren, 10:23 pm
Hoo-hoo. Trying to catch a juggled knife? That's Dex + ...
Jane Narbon, 10:23 pm
(If it was anything but a knife... *sigh* But he's gonna see that as a clear and present danger)
Wallycaine, 10:22 pm
As Los juggles, Seeker is going to keep an eye on the knife in particular... and attempt to dart his hand out and grab it. He'll also fall back afterwards, and continue defending the Regent...
Wallycaine, 10:20 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:20 pm
(He's first in being simultaneous!)
Jane Narbon, 10:20 pm
Hey, hes *juggling*~
Professor_Tinker, 10:19 pm
Heh... well, Seeker will go first
Wallycaine, 10:19 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:19 pm
Ouch!
Jane Narbon, 10:19 pm
Heh.
Professor_Tinker, 10:18 pm
1d10=1
Professor_Tinker, 10:18 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:18 pm
1d10=5
Wallycaine, 10:18 pm
Sounds fair to me
Wallycaine, 10:17 pm
I mean, dueling 1d10.
Professor_Tinker, 10:17 pm
one dice off on each other?
Professor_Tinker, 10:17 pm
So... which of us wants to go first? It's simultaneous, but order does matter a bit...
Wallycaine, 10:17 pm
Righto.
Professor_Tinker, 10:16 pm
Next: {tick 15 - seeker, los - fokuf goes tick 16}
Jane Narbon, 10:15 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:15 pm
So, next up is Fokuf, on Tick 13... and he's going to guard again, watching the juggling act.
Jane Narbon, 10:15 pm
(That sounds fair)
Wallycaine, 10:15 pm
(I'll treat that as a misc. action.)
Jane Narbon, 10:15 pm
(Thats fair.)
Professor_Tinker, 10:14 pm
(Typically, if you fail, you fail... you generally don't get to try and do something with that outcome until the next time)
Wallycaine, 10:14 pm
Los juggles the items quite successfully, eliciting applause.
Jane Narbon, 10:14 pm
1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=7
Professor_Tinker, 10:13 pm
(And if deciding what he;ll do if he fails isn't kosher, thats alright.)
Professor_Tinker, 10:13 pm
heh
Hawkwolf, 10:13 pm
Yep.
Jane Narbon, 10:13 pm
Dex-Preform?
Professor_Tinker, 10:12 pm
Juggling objects of different sizes is a bit tricky, and they;re unbalanced to boot, so this'll be a hard roll... which is why if he biffs if, hes going to try and throw the objects out to fall by the regent, if not on him.
Professor_Tinker, 10:12 pm
Fokuf glares at you, rubbing his shoulder. "Ow! I think I'll clean my own dust, thank you." (he's keeping one arm in front of him now, counting as a Guard action.)
Jane Narbon, 10:11 pm
...Los is going to use the two halves of his broken broom, and the knife, and cheerfully *juggle*, while singing a slightly dirty limerick.
Professor_Tinker, 10:10 pm
{tick 10 - everybody}
Jane Narbon, 10:10 pm
"I assure you, sir the death of our good regent is the last thing on my mind Its just I saw a speck of dust on his shoulder, and patriotic fevor took over~!"
Professor_Tinker, 10:10 pm
Sooo... that means everybody goes at once on Tick 10.
Jane Narbon, 10:10 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:10 pm
;
chicgeek, 10:10 pm
Seeker: *is just going to use the Defend another action again*
Wallycaine, 10:09 pm
Seeker: *glares at Los, and maintains his spot* Don't you think you should be a little more careful with your tricks, considering someone tried to kill him earlier?
Wallycaine, 10:09 pm
^^
Professor_Tinker, 10:07 pm
yep
Hawkwolf, 10:07 pm
So, {tick 5 - seeker - fokuf and los go on tick 10}
Jane Narbon, 10:07 pm
OK. So Los comically whacks the Regent on the shoulder.
Jane Narbon, 10:06 pm
Yep.
Professor_Tinker, 10:06 pm
He'll do that, then. The Regent seems like hes no harm... Los means him no ill will.
Professor_Tinker, 10:06 pm
It's just a stick. Not a sword or anything. Does that sound good?
Jane Narbon, 10:06 pm
If you want, we can throw the damage calculations out of the window and say that Los is pulling the punch, as it were.
Jane Narbon, 10:04 pm
He was trying to not do any real damage. Does that effect th eblow?
Professor_Tinker, 10:04 pm
'
chicgeek, 10:03 pm
Let's see. It's a broom, so treat it as an improvised staff with damage +6b...
Jane Narbon, 10:03 pm
...*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 10:02 pm
*nod* Likely not much, but yes
Wallycaine, 10:02 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:02 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 10:02 pm
Calculating damage.
Jane Narbon, 10:01 pm
...What's going on right now?
Wallycaine, 10:01 pm
OK, cancel that.
Jane Narbon, 10:01 pm
OK, now Seeker's turn. {tick 5 - fokuf and los on tick 10}
Jane Narbon, 10:00 pm
Fokuf gets whackéd on the shoulder.
Jane Narbon, 10:00 pm
*snerk* Those pattern spiders sure are busy
Wallycaine, 10:00 pm
(*blush* Sorry.)
Professor_Tinker, 9:59 pm
Shoulder, please.
Professor_Tinker, 9:59 pm
Oh. NVM. What T said.
Jane Narbon, 9:59 pm
*ahem*
Professor_Tinker, 9:59 pm
Seeker can't quite bring his staff up in time, and he and Regent Fokuf get whacked on the side of the head.
Jane Narbon, 9:59 pm
Lo swings his weapon and... it harmlessly cracks over the Regents shoulder. "Whups! Sorry, Mlawd~"
Professor_Tinker, 9:58 pm
...Heh.
Professor_Tinker, 9:58 pm
'
chicgeek, 9:58 pm
(Seeker's PDV is 5, actually, because of the action)
Wallycaine, 9:58 pm
Seeker brings his staff up neatly to block this amateur comedian.
Jane Narbon, 9:57 pm
Versus Seeker's PDV of 6...
Jane Narbon, 9:57 pm
No,just swinging a broom~
Professor_Tinker, 9:57 pm
(Never mind)
Wallycaine, 9:57 pm
6.
Professor_Tinker, 9:57 pm
1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=10 +2 sucsesses...
Professor_Tinker, 9:57 pm
(Also, are you flurrying it with the knife attack?)
Wallycaine, 9:56 pm
9 dice, +2 from Essence Triumphant Melee.
Professor_Tinker, 9:55 pm
{tick 4 - Seeker goes on tick 5}
Jane Narbon, 9:55 pm
Righto~
Professor_Tinker, 9:55 pm
Roll Dex+Melee for an attack with your staff broom, T.
Jane Narbon, 9:55 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:55 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:55 pm
Fair enough~
Professor_Tinker, 9:54 pm
(Speed 5, -1 DV, has to get through my Parry DV before it can try and hit the Regent)
Wallycaine, 9:54 pm
Hang on a sec
Jane Narbon, 9:54 pm
Okey-dokey. Los lands in front of Seeker, who is in front of the Regent.
Jane Narbon, 9:53 pm
'
chicgeek, 9:53 pm
The Seeker is going to step backwards, and place himself in front of the Regent, and use a defend another action
Wallycaine, 9:52 pm
Righto.
Professor_Tinker, 9:52 pm
Seeker sees the 'tramp' jump forward at the Regent. {tick 0 - los goes tick 4}
Jane Narbon, 9:52 pm
*nod* Yeah...
Wallycaine, 9:52 pm
Considering...
Professor_Tinker, 9:51 pm
3 for Fokuf.
Jane Narbon, 9:51 pm
...Nice Tinker
Wallycaine, 9:51 pm
3 for Fokuf
Hawkwolf, 9:51 pm
13 for wally
Hawkwolf, 9:51 pm
Fokuf: 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=1, 1d10=10
Jane Narbon, 9:51 pm
1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=3
Wallycaine, 9:51 pm
9
Hawkwolf, 9:50 pm
wow
Hawkwolf, 9:50 pm
....OO
Professor_Tinker, 9:50 pm
1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=3
Professor_Tinker, 9:50 pm
{Wits + Awareness}
Jane Narbon, 9:50 pm
There is a ringing sound. Time slows down. And the Wheel with the Toys of Power appears before y— oh, sorry. Wrong game. T, Wally, roll Join Battle.
Jane Narbon, 9:50 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:49 pm
*smiles*
Professor_Tinker, 9:49 pm
(T and Wally have issued a request that we do the scene under proper combat time. So, without further ado...)
Jane Narbon, 9:49 pm
As Asna works on the Loom, time stops, going back just a hair... to right as Los begins his jump to the Regent.
Jane Narbon, 9:48 pm
This particular button sends a signal to Asna Firstborn, oldest and largest of the pattern spiders. The signal is: "Instant Replay".
Jane Narbon, 9:48 pm
*Hi again, Jane
Wallycaine, 9:48 pm
Hi.
Wallycaine, 9:47 pm
;
chicgeek, 9:47 pm
The group of pattern spiders watching the screen wave their arms and hit a button on the control box. This episode of FFHT (Fate's Funniest Home Threads) has proved the best ever!
Jane Narbon, 9:47 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:47 pm
Keee.
Professor_Tinker, 9:47 pm
Before we continue, a short interlude in the Loom of Fate.
Jane Narbon, 9:47 pm
'mback.
Jane Narbon, 9:45 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 9:42 pm
OOCLos: Ah, well. I know the feeling. Can;t build up relations much, when you just need to cycle back through again.
Professor_Tinker, 9:42 pm
KiOOC: So? Mark 'em. *may have a deck of marked cards*
chicgeek, 9:41 pm
SeekerOOC: Actually, those backgrounds just show that I already put the effort into it... It's still a house of cards, as far as I'm concerned
Wallycaine, 9:41 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:40 pm
OOCLos: Tch. Not always, ye fool. Put some dots into the right bckgrounds.
Professor_Tinker, 9:39 pm
SeekerOOC: *shrug* Because keeping up contact is so easy at this job... I'm not saying it's impossible, but I just get annoyed that I have to put ten times as much effort into something that could all fall apart if I get kept away from home for a month
Wallycaine, 9:38 pm
KiOOC: Forget this season? With more hijinks than I've had in ages? Heh. Well, maybe I could write a note to myself...
chicgeek, 9:36 pm
OOCLos: Dear heavens do they build all the starborn as such quitters these days? Keep up contact, and theyll never forget.
Professor_Tinker, 9:36 pm
(back)
Professor_Tinker, 9:36 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:35 pm
SeekerOOC: What's wrong? What's wrong is that I can't manage anything like what any mortal or any other Exalt would call a normal life... hell, you're probably gonna forget about me after the end of the season... *sigh*
Wallycaine, 9:34 pm
SeekerOOC: Thanks Ki, but don't worry about it... I'd rather not have them worrying about who I was after I leave
Wallycaine, 9:33 pm
KiOOC: What's wrong, Seeks?
chicgeek, 9:33 pm
SeekerOOC: Plenty of time? Dammit, that's just the problem... *sits down and sulks*
Wallycaine, 9:32 pm
KiOOC: I keep offering to set you up.
chicgeek, 9:32 pm
Brb
Professor_Tinker, 9:32 pm
OOCLos: You;re young. Plenty of time~
Professor_Tinker, 9:32 pm
KiOOC: Heh.
chicgeek, 9:32 pm
SeekerOOC: Actually, that was more of an envious sigh than a crude one... but whatever
Wallycaine, 9:30 pm
Hee.
chicgeek, 9:29 pm
brb
Hawkwolf, 9:29 pm
Also this: http://xkcd.com/214/
Sarah McLaren, 9:29 pm
OOCLos: In battle, and as comrades. Don;t be a crude thinker.
Professor_Tinker, 9:29 pm
SeekerOOC: I'm sure you have... *sigh*
Wallycaine, 9:28 pm
Heh... darn TV Tropes
Wallycaine, 9:28 pm
Injecting a little random: http://xkcd.com/609/
Sarah McLaren, 9:26 pm
OOCLos: Why, I;ve known many an honorable lady in my time... oh, yes~
Professor_Tinker, 9:25 pm
Now, whether they get away with it is a completely different question.
chicgeek, 9:25 pm
Ah. Cool.
Sarah McLaren, 9:24 pm
Ki tsune and Cat just swiped the 1st age artifact.
chicgeek, 9:24 pm
Amulet?
Sarah McLaren, 9:24 pm
OOCLos: Yes, yes, or women, of course~
Professor_Tinker, 9:24 pm
*gah*
chicgeek, 9:23 pm
*amulat*
chicgeek, 9:23 pm
KiOOC: ..Honor? *fingers the purloined amular* I'll settle for keeping my skin intact, thanks.
chicgeek, 9:23 pm
SeekerOOC: True, true... But sometimes, that's just how it works out
Wallycaine, 9:23 pm
GentlyOOC: Or woman in some cases
Hawkwolf, 9:22 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:21 pm
OOCLos: A man must have some honor in these things~
Professor_Tinker, 9:20 pm
Seeker: *chuckles* You silly person...
Wallycaine, 9:19 pm
OOCLos: Oh, i don;t know. You should have got a better shot of cutting me off at the pass. These old bones don;t leap like they used to.
Professor_Tinker, 9:18 pm
SeekerOOC: *shrug* Yeah, but it all works out. And that's the point, isn't it?
Wallycaine, 9:18 pm
KiOOC: *has a doughnut* Yeah.....I just hope I don't have to do a retake. Takes forever, and who knows how the glass will shatter next time?
chicgeek, 9:18 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 9:17 pm
OOCLos: Well, they bicker like children, is all...
Professor_Tinker, 9:17 pm
Nemi: *sipping*
Sarah McLaren, 9:17 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:16 pm
SeekerOOC: Silly Union...
Wallycaine, 9:16 pm
OOCLos: *stops to drink some tea*
Professor_Tinker, 9:14 pm
OOCLos: Oh... right. 8sighs* The unions. Bah.
Professor_Tinker, 9:14 pm
SeekerOOC: *has tea* Mmm...
Wallycaine, 9:14 pm
Trolly Pusher: *hands out cups to the crew* Union rules. Break time!
chicgeek, 9:13 pm
Los: *picks up a biscuit to munch as he practices*
Professor_Tinker, 9:11 pm
*pushes a tea trolly through, for the exalted cast*
chicgeek, 9:11 pm
LosOOC: *doing a little tap dance* ya-ta-tah tah-tahhh~
Professor_Tinker, 9:11 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:10 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:09 pm
'
chicgeek, 9:09 pm
.
Wallycaine, 9:07 pm
Back!
Professor_Tinker, 9:05 pm
yep
Hawkwolf, 9:04 pm
KiOOC: Oh, man-I missed the floor show?
chicgeek, 9:03 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:02 pm
(Don't worry about it, Tinker... We'll work it out, one way or another)
Wallycaine, 9:02 pm
(And Ill brb in anycase. )
Professor_Tinker, 9:02 pm
(But regardless, I don;t mean to kick a fuss. #^^# ))
Professor_Tinker, 9:00 pm
( I feel a bit foolish for it now, tell the truth... I would have liked to *roll* for the knife being dropped/thrown. :/ ))
Professor_Tinker, 8:59 pm
(You have to admit, it was a heck of a stunt)
chicgeek, 8:59 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:58 pm
(I don't suppose the fact that Seeker's saying something and hitting Fokuf's hand away make any difference)
Wallycaine, 8:58 pm
(Its alright. First time and all.))
Professor_Tinker, 8:58 pm
(Sorry if this has been confusing.)
Jane Narbon, 8:58 pm
And then we see what happens.
Jane Narbon, 8:58 pm
I'll do a roll for each of them to get there— higher roll grabs it.
Jane Narbon, 8:57 pm
Let's assume both Seeker and Fokuf are reaching for the knife.
Jane Narbon, 8:57 pm
Here's how it's going to work:
Jane Narbon, 8:57 pm
No, don;t apologize...
Professor_Tinker, 8:57 pm
*what happened.
Professor_Tinker, 8:57 pm
...Sorry? >_<
Wallycaine, 8:57 pm
Im not arguing that he could have warning, just wish it was more clear.
Professor_Tinker, 8:57 pm
:/
Professor_Tinker, 8:56 pm
(He was about to, but... prior warning gave Seeker a bit of warning, and he figures the knife is covered with contact posion)
Wallycaine, 8:56 pm
Well.
Professor_Tinker, 8:56 pm
He won;t turn around and run if seeker gets it, obviously...
Professor_Tinker, 8:56 pm
Seeker will pick up the knife himself, preparing to deal with poison or something
Wallycaine, 8:55 pm
Er... I thought it was implied he picked it up...
Professor_Tinker, 8:55 pm
{Ooh dear. What happens will be resolved after a short intermission for dinner.)
Jane Narbon, 8:55 pm
Bending over quickly, Seeker knocks the Regent's hand away. "Now now, You should have a servent pick it up for you
Wallycaine, 8:54 pm
And thats when he turns to Sesus Chenow's direction, bows, and makes to run like hell for it.
Professor_Tinker, 8:54 pm
He nods. "Well, then," he says, reaching down for the knife to hand it back, "here you go—"
Jane Narbon, 8:53 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:53 pm
Your response is the one thing that keeps the Regent from screaming like a chicken and taking several steps backwards.
Jane Narbon, 8:52 pm
heh
Hawkwolf, 8:52 pm
"Whu-ps... sorry, sir. I was going to do a throwing act next."
Professor_Tinker, 8:52 pm
;
chicgeek, 8:52 pm
I;d feel a bit better rolling combat to see who got there when... but I guess its a bit late.
Professor_Tinker, 8:51 pm
The Regent looks down curiously at the small object that has fallen on the ground.
Jane Narbon, 8:51 pm
(Or that works, I guess...)
Wallycaine, 8:51 pm
(sorry. browser blinked for a sec there)
Jane Narbon, 8:51 pm
With Seeker inbetween Los and the Regent, he's just a bit short. The knife falls to the ground at the Regent's feet.
Jane Narbon, 8:51 pm
(Perhaps we should roll to join combat, since that's what those rules are for?)
Wallycaine, 8:50 pm
Ah... shoul I have him roll to drop'throw the dagger, and is Seeker between me and him?
Professor_Tinker, 8:49 pm
(I know you were planning that, but my intention was to have Seeker do that from the begining of your leap... I just took a bit writing it, sorry)
Wallycaine, 8:49 pm
"Sorry, lordship. Just time to... clean up~"
Professor_Tinker, 8:49 pm
Lap, will do.
Professor_Tinker, 8:48 pm
Yup. I assume the intention is to drop it onto Fokuf's lap?
Jane Narbon, 8:48 pm
I did say he would do so *as* he swung, the idea being he was letting it slip from hsi hand...
Professor_Tinker, 8:48 pm
brb
Hawkwolf, 8:48 pm
He'll lean close, smile, and drop the knife down his shirt if he can, then. Or armor.
Professor_Tinker, 8:48 pm
Admittedly, some of the Tepet house are up on their feet yelling, but the others are pulling them down.
Jane Narbon, 8:48 pm
The Seeker is going to take a step, and interpose himself inbetween the Regent and Los, watching Los' other hand.
Wallycaine, 8:47 pm
Regent Fokuf doesn't get too much respect, it seems.
Jane Narbon, 8:47 pm
Everyone reacts to the Regent being whacked upside the head. The guards and servants start, but seeing that it was a light whack, then relax. A tiny bit. The assembled Dynasts fall to laughter and applause.
Jane Narbon, 8:46 pm
*applauds, whether it works or n ot*
chicgeek, 8:46 pm
Should I make a melee attack? Maybe two for the knife as well.
Professor_Tinker, 8:46 pm
Then with a cheeky grin, he is going to smack the regent upside the head with his flimsy bamboo broom... and carefuly drop the litle knife into his hand, or down his shirt.
Professor_Tinker, 8:46 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:45 pm
Yep!
Jane Narbon, 8:45 pm
Do I make it to within brooms reach of the regent?
Professor_Tinker, 8:44 pm
You easily vault forwards.
Jane Narbon, 8:44 pm
1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=4
Professor_Tinker, 8:44 pm
;
chicgeek, 8:44 pm
OK... yeah, Valor sounds good.
Jane Narbon, 8:43 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:43 pm
Yessim.
Professor_Tinker, 8:43 pm
(Whether Valor in particular is approved, is up to the DM of course)
Wallycaine, 8:43 pm
Not as far as I know... But yes, you can channell virtue
Wallycaine, 8:43 pm
If not, i will make a case that such a foolhardy move may designate channeling valor.
Professor_Tinker, 8:42 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:42 pm
*thinks* I forget a bit... but can you use an intimacy to add dice to a roll?
Professor_Tinker, 8:42 pm
Oh. Muffed the reference there. "Would you kindly".
Jane Narbon, 8:40 pm
Make a Dex+Athletics, will you?
Jane Narbon, 8:40 pm
What shall I roll?
Professor_Tinker, 8:39 pm
Okay.
Jane Narbon, 8:39 pm
"- Two three four..." he;s going to flip forward into the crowd, using his broom as a ple-vault mid-way to leap at the regant.
Professor_Tinker, 8:38 pm
Glorious. Well, in the bit of the song where they go 'And a one two thee four- and a five six seven eight'...
Professor_Tinker, 8:38 pm
;
chicgeek, 8:38 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:37 pm
Probably Sesus Chenow. Power-seeker, and a bit of a bully. Yes, he's present tonight.
Jane Narbon, 8:36 pm
Seeker: *watching the onstage act carefully*
Wallycaine, 8:35 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 8:35 pm
Also- you just *know* Mnemon is restraining a face palm.
Professor_Tinker, 8:34 pm
Cruellest? Hang on.
Jane Narbon, 8:33 pm
Nastiest, like cruellest~
Professor_Tinker, 8:33 pm
And... while I;m at it, who is the nastiest rival to Mnemon~?
Professor_Tinker, 8:33 pm
*Grin*
chicgeek, 8:33 pm
A good 10-12 yards buffer space.
Jane Narbon, 8:33 pm
I got a counter song but not gonna share it here XD
Hawkwolf, 8:32 pm
(Argh. Ear worm! Ear worm!)
Sarah McLaren, 8:32 pm
Hoo. Well, it's a bit of a distance. I'd say, oh...
Jane Narbon, 8:32 pm
How close is the Regent to the stage?
Professor_Tinker, 8:31 pm
[I think I'm never gonna get that song outa my head now.]
Jane Narbon, 8:31 pm
Go on.
Jane Narbon, 8:31 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 8:31 pm
(Credit to Chic for the idea~)
Professor_Tinker, 8:31 pm
Twirling hsi bamboo broom.
Professor_Tinker, 8:30 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQgXccbxHbM
Professor_Tinker, 8:30 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:30 pm
If he lands the trick, he will begin to sing... "A gentlemans got a walking stick, a seamans got a gaff- "
Professor_Tinker, 8:29 pm
Certainly no one's complaining.
Jane Narbon, 8:29 pm
Many people are enjoying the act. A few (more of the military-looking types) seem to have been affected by the Charm, but your act is going well so far.
Jane Narbon, 8:29 pm
(Ah, but a good mood is infectious)
chicgeek, 8:29 pm
;
chicgeek, 8:28 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:28 pm
Probably not enough to overcome many MDV's... but still. ^^
Professor_Tinker, 8:28 pm
1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=3, 1d10=8, 1d10=2
Professor_Tinker, 8:28 pm
Righto.
Professor_Tinker, 8:26 pm
Perform + Dex.
Jane Narbon, 8:26 pm
No, I take that back.
Jane Narbon, 8:26 pm
At this point, I'd say Athletics + Dex.
Jane Narbon, 8:25 pm
Preform-Dex again, I assume.
Professor_Tinker, 8:25 pm
6 Motes, to inspire a feeling of levity and joy~
Professor_Tinker, 8:25 pm
Suddenly, he seems to trip- but instead of falling, rolls up into a flip that balances him up on *top* of the broom, still whistling- and he will cast 'Heart Compelling Method'.
Professor_Tinker, 8:25 pm
(Okay.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:24 pm
(Think about it. I'll get back to you. I've gotta go pack for the night anyway.)
Professor Zobot, 8:23 pm
Okay. You're on, Los!
Jane Narbon, 8:23 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:23 pm
When they go off, he'll walk up onto the stage- whistling a complex concerto and 'sweeping; te stage.
Professor_Tinker, 8:23 pm
(Uuumm... Drat. I'll take "lucky dip" for $2. Can't decide.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:22 pm
(Basil, and the other three are Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.)
Jane Narbon, 8:22 pm
(Herbalshop? is the lead singer basil?)
chicgeek, 8:22 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:21 pm
He is now a tramp with a broom— and the herbalshop quartet has just finished a very sad song.
Jane Narbon, 8:21 pm
With that done, he will wait for his turn on stage, the knife still in his pocket.
Professor_Tinker, 8:20 pm
He'll set his staff in a prop cupboard and use the broom, then.
Professor_Tinker, 8:20 pm
(Let me know what book/books you want, Sarah)
Professor Zobot, 8:20 pm
Oh, a broom or mop? There's a broom lying around, if you want that to count.
Jane Narbon, 8:19 pm
Not even a broom or a mop?
Professor_Tinker, 8:19 pm
Congratulations! Los is now dressed up as a tramp. There's no staff, but there is a floppy prop sword if he wants to borrow it.
Jane Narbon, 8:18 pm
;
chicgeek, 8:18 pm
He's willing to pay decently, and picks out- if they have it- the shabbiest costuming there is, to go up as a sort of patchwork tramp. Inclusing, importantly, face blacking. He also sees if they have a different staff he can use.
Professor_Tinker, 8:17 pm
(Eh, it's ok. I'll spend next weekend planning story 4, then)
Professor Zobot, 8:17 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:17 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:16 pm
Ranna is amenable to bargaining with you, and you can borrow costume and makeup.
Jane Narbon, 8:16 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:15 pm
The Wit: I promise! Being a sit-down comic, like the ones watching the stage, is far more rewarding. Also, I'd ask Ranna about the fees. She'll probably agree with you, though." He points her out.
Jane Narbon, 8:15 pm
Shall I roll presence? :3
Professor_Tinker, 8:14 pm
All of which is tecnichaly true.
Professor_Tinker, 8:14 pm
" Tell ya what, I;ll give you a coin just to promise ne;er tryin' ein' a stand up comic. Look, give an old hoofer a break. Some fool's seen to it I;m without my gear but this ;umble staff, and I;ve finaly gotten the go head to preform. I'll pay for a costume, and use of someones colors."
Professor_Tinker, 8:13 pm
(Going to the local nerd con. I'll bring my laptop in case tehre's free wifi, but I may be b usy with friends)
chicgeek, 8:12 pm
Several theater-types surround you. One wit says, "Do you mean the jade, or the costumes?"
Jane Narbon, 8:11 pm
Going repelling in Oregen and unelss we get a hotel that has free internet, I won't be on the whole weekend
Hawkwolf, 8:11 pm
Of course he does.
Jane Narbon, 8:11 pm
(not me Z
Hawkwolf, 8:11 pm
/jade
Professor_Tinker, 8:11 pm
He makes a sarp 'hsst' noise, and waves a hand- moving to stand near the table. "Aye, aye... bugger me for a lark. Whos lot is this?" he takes out a handful of coins ( I assume he has these), and plonks them down with a clink of metal.
Professor_Tinker, 8:11 pm
(But it would mean I'd have to leave a lot earlier.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:11 pm
(Much the same... I'll do my best, but idk if I'll be available)
Wallycaine, 8:10 pm
(I'll be at dad's place... I think. I might be.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:10 pm
(Yep!)
Jane Narbon, 8:10 pm
(I'll check in, but I can't guarentee it)
chicgeek, 8:10 pm
(Probably not. )
chicgeek, 8:09 pm
(aye)
Professor_Tinker, 8:09 pm
(?)
Professor Zobot, 8:09 pm
(Are people going to be here next weekend, btw>)
Professor Zobot, 8:09 pm
Not guarding per se, but there's people milling around, so the primary danger is that someone might see you.
Jane Narbon, 8:09 pm
Or generaly watching?
Professor_Tinker, 8:09 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:09 pm
'
chicgeek, 8:08 pm
(Does a torrent work or do you need a straight download?)
Professor Zobot, 8:08 pm
Is anyone gaurding it?
Professor_Tinker, 8:08 pm
They had a troupe putting on a play earlier that evening. There's a big table of costumes/makeup/props— but it's labeled DO NOT TOUCH! (kind of a rule in showbiz). You'll probably have to make a Wits+Larceny check to make off with something from it.
Jane Narbon, 8:06 pm
He;s going to look around for any kind of makeup kit, or costuming.
Professor_Tinker, 8:06 pm
(Just interested.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:06 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:05 pm
(I can find them, Sarah. Why do you ask?)
Professor Zobot, 8:05 pm
"Thankee, sah~ Oi'll just get readdeh, then."
Professor_Tinker, 8:04 pm
Los is now back of the stage.
Jane Narbon, 8:04 pm
The guard raises one eyebrow, and steps aside. "O-kay. Pass. You're on after the herbalshop quartet."
Jane Narbon, 8:03 pm
(He has essence Triumphant performance? Cool)
Wallycaine, 8:03 pm
(sets out popcorn)
chicgeek, 8:03 pm
7 total, then, for a little cane-trick.
Professor_Tinker, 8:02 pm
1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=10
Professor_Tinker, 8:02 pm
I'll also use Essence Triumphant- for 6 motes- to add three sucsesses.
Professor_Tinker, 8:01 pm
(Hey, Zo... do you have any lnks to any other Exalted sourcebooks?)
Sarah McLaren, 8:01 pm
(Hi Zobot)
Wallycaine, 8:00 pm
Hmm. I'll say... Dex + Performance.
Jane Narbon, 8:00 pm
(hey z)
Hawkwolf, 8:00 pm
Preformance... Dex? Athletics?
Professor_Tinker, 8:00 pm
(Good to see you back!)
chicgeek, 7:59 pm
Alright. I think this may requite a ceck- but he is going to spin his staff, and roll it from one hand accross is shoulders, down to the other shoulder- rapping it smartly down on the ground.
Professor_Tinker, 7:59 pm
(Hi Zo!)
Sarah McLaren, 7:59 pm
(Did you have a good weekend, Zobot?)
chicgeek, 7:58 pm
(Glad to see everyone's having fun)
Professor Zobot, 7:58 pm
;
chicgeek, 7:58 pm
"Performer?" says the guard, who is playing with an artifact slate showing a game of solitaire.
Jane Narbon, 7:58 pm
brb
Hawkwolf, 7:57 pm
All right. There's a back area behind the mainstage— but it's guarded by an extremely bored-looking guard. He's obviously supposed to let performers in and keep Dynasts out, but it's highly likely noone's bothered to question his authority. Or even get in there when they weren't supposed to.
Jane Narbon, 7:57 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:56 pm
He's going to, as nonchalontly as possible, see abot wandering backstage.
Professor_Tinker, 7:56 pm
Hmm...
Professor_Tinker, 7:55 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:54 pm
The realm has booked a full bill on the mainstage, though they now request any further musicians to play from behind a reinforced screen. Presently, there's a guy up there making a comic monologue.
Jane Narbon, 7:54 pm
Seeker is standing off to one side, slightly, paying close attention to who approaches the regent
Wallycaine, 7:53 pm
The entertainment?
Professor_Tinker, 7:53 pm
;
chicgeek, 7:53 pm
Regent Fokuf is still watching the entertainment, as he occasionally takes a bite from his green plate. His bodyguard/courtesan has left, probably still off restraining Nemi or something like that. He's not particularly attentive of what's around him.
Jane Narbon, 7:51 pm
He will quietly scope out for the Regant, just to see.
Professor_Tinker, 7:50 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:49 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:48 pm
He waves as she exits, and thinks a bit- careful to talk out with the step of an older man. Its habit, these days.
Professor_Tinker, 7:48 pm
He goes a little still, and then nods. For just a faint moment, when she mentioned the suit, his face seemed to take on something of flint... before smiling again. "I see. Clever~ Just wanted to see... always curious, you know."
Professor_Tinker, 7:48 pm
"There were a few other things, but that was most of it." She stands up. "Now, sorry to dash off, but I've got to be visible when it happens, so no one can pin the blame on me." She smirks a bit, then heads out, back for the main room.
Jane Narbon, 7:47 pm
(Hi, Zobot!)
chicgeek, 7:47 pm
"Apparently, you've been seen with a golden radiance around you, occasionally? Well, that couldn't have been the suit, so..."
Jane Narbon, 7:47 pm
Mnemon spreads her hands wide. "Well... it was somewhat tricky. But, the facts add up. Long lived, hides face, incredibly powerful... but the decisive moment was when I found an old scroll describing the properties of your Emissary suit."
Jane Narbon, 7:46 pm
(Hey)
Professor Zobot, 7:46 pm
,
chicgeek, 7:45 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:44 pm
"How, exactly...? Oh, I know, it might not be the hardest thing, if you know what to look for."
Professor_Tinker, 7:44 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:43 pm
Mnemon nods. "You're welcome. And, what is it?"
Jane Narbon, 7:43 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:43 pm
He bows hsi head a little, smiling. "Now, mind if I may ask an honest question...?"
Professor_Tinker, 7:41 pm
"That... I think I can manage. Thank you, lass."
Professor_Tinker, 7:41 pm
.
chicgeek, 7:40 pm
"You're right, of course. The good news is, he doesn't actually have to get cut by it, because it's the magic that does the work. He only has to touch it. Perhaps you could throw it, or trick him into picking it up somehow?"
Jane Narbon, 7:40 pm
Mnemon starts thinking, putting her hand on her chin in a pose reminiscent of a classical statue.
Jane Narbon, 7:39 pm
*suspect
Professor_Tinker, 7:39 pm
He nods, shrugging. "Doing it the right way means never having been anywhere near him. Your promises and mine aren;t much if I;m a subject~"
Professor_Tinker, 7:39 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:38 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:37 pm
Mnemon: Good luck. When that hits him, it'll cast an illusion of a 'dead' Fokuf, and teleport him to... well, it's complicated. I suggest not sticking around after that.
Jane Narbon, 7:35 pm
Los has just finished making his deal, and is noting the loss of aura. "Neat trick, lass. Could be handy."
Professor_Tinker, 7:35 pm
,
chicgeek, 7:32 pm
Seeker: *staying close to the Regent, mostly ignored*
Wallycaine, 7:32 pm
But first, let's focus on Los, and see what he does.
Jane Narbon, 7:32 pm
And meanwhile, in the room where the artifact that was the excuse for the party was being displayed, a throughly larcenous pair was attempting to make off with it...
Jane Narbon, 7:31 pm
...something that Seeker of Clarity, the Sidereal, was determined to prevent.
Jane Narbon, 7:31 pm
There was one cost: Los agreed to help Mnemon fake the death of the Regent.
Jane Narbon, 7:31 pm
A true alliance between the Realm and Nexus— along with slow and careful rewriting of the Immaculate doctrine to ease off the Solar and Lunar Exalted.
Jane Narbon, 7:30 pm
GentlyOOC: almost
Hawkwolf, 7:30 pm
And speaking of Mnemon, she just completed a deal with the Emissary of Nexus, Los, for an earthshattering deal;
Jane Narbon, 7:30 pm
(That's okay, Jane!)
Sarah McLaren, 7:30 pm
(Mnem really doesn't miss a trick, does she...)
Jane Narbon, 7:29 pm
Meanwhile, Gently, the ambassador from the Haslanti League did some judicious spying, and almost injudiciously got caught by a specially written letter.
Jane Narbon, 7:29 pm
Among the fates of those attending the party, Cynis Nemiah was caught trying to off the Regent. Her fate is uncertain. (Note: Sorry, Sarah, but you left, so I had to do something...)
Jane Narbon, 7:28 pm
Hi.
chicgeek, 7:28 pm
PREVIOUSLY ON EXALTED:
Jane Narbon, 7:28 pm
Hi Jane!
Wallycaine, 7:27 pm
Let's finish this!
Jane Narbon, 7:27 pm


{ONE DAY LATER}


Tomorrow: The spellbinding conclusion!
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 am
All right. That was fun.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 am
I think I can manage tomorrow... And yeah, it's getting pretty late here
Wallycaine
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 am
(Same here)
Professor_Tinker
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am
I'm free tomorrow.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am
(tomorrow is good for me)
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am
Ki: That guard will be able to describe us when he wakes up...now if we run, everyone will notice us and chase. Come on, let';s be apair of amorous lovers who can't wait to get alone together.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am
[Or monday, or whenever we're next present?]
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am
[Would anyone be interested in playing the escape, and the end of Tinker and Wally's segments, tomorrow?]
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 am
The amulet is hidden.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 am
Ki has a chain shirt on under his clothes. he slips the amulet over his head, under both his clothing and the chain shirt.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 am
(Incidentally, by not picking the lock, the duo missed setting off a nasty poison gas trap...)
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:14 am
Cat: Good. Hide that thing and let's head for the exit!
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am
Ki: Oh, what the hell. *smashes the glass, and will be sure to be the one grabbing the amulat*
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am
Cat: That's not a bad idea. [Looks at the sword at his side]
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
Heh.
Professor_Tinker
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
Ki grits his teeth, Stupid lock! "We could just break the glass."
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
Seeker: *rolls eyes* You always were better at the second try...
Wallycaine
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
on the lock* gah the typos
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
spit*
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
Cat: Look, I'll help, but we gotta be quick about this...
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
naw, you just need to spiot ont helock, that will do it
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 am
So much for the great Ki Tsune.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 am
. . . The lock stays stuck.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 am
...that sucked.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 am
Ki zooms into action. If he can pull this off, what a coup it'll be! The second the guard is down, he applies all his skill to the lock. BBCode 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=3 (Diff = 5)
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 am
/
Wallycaine
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 am
.
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 am
So that's 11 Dice.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 am
Sure!
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 am
Channel conviction? He knows he only has one shot at this, and really wants to pull it off before fleeingthe isle.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:06 am
wits 4, larceny 5...trying to think if there's anything i can do to increase my roll.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:06 am
The guard says, "Look, Miss, there's no one—" and that's when Cat knocks him on the head.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 am
Meanwhile, Cat is talking to the guard. "But what if someone was behind... oh, say, that Tapestry?"
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 am
(Oh, he'd slip it ove rhis head, and under his shirt)
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 am
.
Wallycaine
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 am
But first, you have to open the case. ROll Wits + Larceny.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 am
Ki: "I'm an idiot. But the possible payoff.... heh." *grins, and prepares to get to work.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am
Or, attempt a roll to conceal it on your person— this is Exalted, where the impossible is possible, after all.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am
.
Hawkwolf
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am
Worn, believe it or not. On a chain around the neck. And it's a small dinner plate. But you could probably carry it.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 am
Cat goes over to talk to the guard.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 am
Okay, you said it was the size of a dinner plate? Is it something to be worn, or carrier, or held?
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 am
Ki: *cracks his knuckles*
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 am
Oh, I see.
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 am
She's doing this before the guards knoicked out?
chicgeek
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 am
Cat: I'll distract the guard, then you get that case open.
Jane Narbon
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 am
Cat is applying a cord to the lock, which glows; then, the cord ties itself into a knot.
Jane Narbon, 11:59 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:59 pm
A little ways away, but he looks pretty bored.
Jane Narbon, 11:59 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 11:58 pm
How close is the guard?
chicgeek, 11:58 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:57 pm
Cat: There's a pretty nasty sorcery on that, but I brought countermeasures. [fishes out a special cord]
Jane Narbon, 11:57 pm
It's behind glass. There's a lock, but it doesn't look like there's much other protection.
Jane Narbon, 11:56 pm
Ki: I never. *absently, as he's studying it*
chicgeek, 11:56 pm
Ki takes a good look-at the artifact. Is it on a stand? Behind glass? What can he see, or deduce?
chicgeek, 11:55 pm
Cat: It makes you blush.
Jane Narbon, 11:55 pm
Ki: You keep saying that. Why's it forbidden,,anyways? *thinking furiously*
chicgeek, 11:55 pm
Cat: *giggle* Personally, I was hoping on a partnership, myself. No betrayal. What keeps you from betraying me?
Jane Narbon, 11:54 pm
Cat: "Our forbidden love affair, of course!"
Jane Narbon, 11:53 pm
SeekerOOC: Well... Not exactly what I was expecting, though my guess might not be entirely wrong...
Wallycaine, 11:53 pm
Ki: It did at that. Not that I'm admitting a thing" *grins at her* "But, what keeps you from betraying me later, Kitten?"
chicgeek, 11:53 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:52 pm
Cat: "So, I picked your pocket. I figured that would get your attention." She smiles sweetly up at Ki.
Jane Narbon, 11:52 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:52 pm
Cat: So, I figured we could join up— imagine how much that could be worth! It's definitely a 2-person job, though. And I brought sorcery-capturing cords, and some other useful items."
Jane Narbon, 11:51 pm
Cat: Sure! Let's just say we both know that one-eyed guy for the same reason. I only heard of you because someone mentioned you'd landed in the pokey. But I did hear a few stories."
Jane Narbon, 11:50 pm
He blinks. "We've never met before, Miss Kitty cat. You sure you thinking of me?"
chicgeek, 11:49 pm
"Besides, even assuming that I COULD do such a task....if this was mine, I'd have more than one measly guard on it. I'd have peepholes in the walls, and magical layers of protections, and...what was that?"
chicgeek, 11:49 pm
(Actually, it's not that worthy of spit-taking. I take that back.)
Jane Narbon, 11:48 pm
(Ki, feel free to spit-take at this point.)
Jane Narbon, 11:48 pm
Cat: Besides, I've heard of some of your past 'excursions'. I'm pretty sure we can do it— together.
Jane Narbon, 11:47 pm
Cat: The idea is that that doesn't happen.
Jane Narbon, 11:46 pm
Ki: "Oh, is that all? You left out the part where the imperial guards lock us up for a zillion years. Assuming they don't just gut us, first." But he's rubbing his chin.
chicgeek, 11:46 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:45 pm
Cat: I'll distract the guard, you steal the artifact, and we can bluff our way out of here.
Jane Narbon, 11:45 pm
Ki draps an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Giving her an excuse to speak for his ears only. "What?"
chicgeek, 11:45 pm
Cat moves closer to Ki, speaking in a low voice. "We just have to take the artifact to someone who can find that out!"
Jane Narbon, 11:44 pm
Cat then perks up. "You know, I know a way we could find out!" She does a surreptitious glance around the room as she says this. The guard is some distance away, and can't hear them.
Jane Narbon, 11:44 pm
Ki: Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not boring. *smiles*
chicgeek, 11:43 pm
Cat: Oh, I know there's people who'll be able to work artifacts! It's just a matter of asking someone who can find out." She sighs, looking at the artifact. "I wonder... what could it do?"
Jane Narbon, 11:42 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:42 pm
Ki: Yeah, you'd think the first age makers could have left an operating manual for it, wouldn't you? Seems kind of pointless for their works to survive, and be unusable. *casual shrug*
chicgeek, 11:40 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:40 pm
Ki stiffens. He knows that man, and that shop. That man is a fence, whom he has sold stolen goods to. Better tread carefully.
Jane Narbon, 11:40 pm
(Good saying, Hawk.)
Professor_Tinker, 11:40 pm
"Well," she says, "I once knew this guy... he ran a quaint little item shop. It was filled with all kinds of shiny stuff! I bet he could tell you. He was an old man, with a scar over one eye."
Jane Narbon, 11:38 pm
Ki: Crazy. I wonder what it does?
chicgeek, 11:38 pm
Ki and Cat are admiring the artifact. They're talking together.
Jane Narbon, 11:37 pm
,
chicgeek, 11:37 pm
(reminds me of a saying "If you think you got the better deal, better count your fingers then your relatives)
Hawkwolf, 11:37 pm
*whistles* Grand manipulators are *fun*.
Professor_Tinker, 11:36 pm
Now, back to Ki and Cat:
Jane Narbon, 11:36 pm
His anima brightens for one last moment, then goes out, its purpose accomplished.
Jane Narbon, 11:35 pm
"So on so fort read the fine print, check your pockets on the way out." he adds, seeming to smile at some inward joke.
Professor_Tinker, 11:35 pm
"Then I purify this oath between us in the eyes of the Heavens, so mote it be."
Professor_Tinker, 11:35 pm
Los's anima swirls brightly for a second, the text of the agreement writ large, then dies down again.
Jane Narbon, 11:35 pm
He flares with blinfing white *light* that flares and shifts, a glowing circle radiating on his forhead. is anima is like falling coins and rising chains, with a impression of a swinging scale.
Professor_Tinker, 11:35 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:34 pm
Mnemon: Here. Oh, just a warning: there might be a bit of a drain on your Essence as that knife breaks the protections. I haven't really tested it, but hopefully it won't be a problem for you.
Jane Narbon, 11:34 pm
I expect 10 essence, 1 wp.
Professor_Tinker, 11:34 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 11:33 pm
Mnemon grasps it.
Jane Narbon, 11:33 pm
"Always add a little extra if you think you can, Lass." he smiles, and hilds out is hand to her, palm facing up.
Professor_Tinker, 11:33 pm
Mnemon: ...did you have to add that last one? Agreed.
Jane Narbon, 11:32 pm
(He might have put it beter, but this was what I could whip out.)
Professor_Tinker, 11:32 pm
"I will, in service to you specificaly or any heir(s) you may see fit to name at a later date, lend the support of myself and my city to your position on the throne, and see your way clear *to* said throne, specificly but not limited to 1 (1) faked murder, to be followed up on if nessisary. In return you grant my city (Nexus) favorable trade and relations to be specified as you have already written out, agree to keep my secret(s), will shift the Immaculate texts to ease the anti-anathemia slant, ease the wild hunt (In a manner subject to future debate between us no doubt), contact the Silver pact on favorable trade returns, and not protest when I call you lass. Agreed?" he holds out his hand.
Professor_Tinker, 11:31 pm
,
chicgeek, 11:29 pm
(right)
Professor_Tinker, 11:29 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:28 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:28 pm
(one se)
Professor_Tinker, 11:27 pm
Mnemon: Name the exact terms, and I will swear to them.
Jane Narbon, 11:27 pm
e holds out his hand, smiling like the kind uncle Mnemon probably never had. "You prepared to swear?" something odd seems to be gathering...
Professor_Tinker, 11:26 pm
(I;m havign FUN yes I am~)
Professor_Tinker, 11:26 pm
Mnemon: Agreed.
Jane Narbon, 11:26 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 11:26 pm
(Tinker is playing Vetenari?)
chicgeek, 11:23 pm
He nods, tilting his head. "I don't rule. I guide, Lass. Then you get your support and space, we get the trade and your aide, the wyld hunt is loosened, my kin less hunted... and two more thngs, on my end. My secrets kept quiet. And I want you to reach out to the Silver Pact. Not right away, of course..."
Professor_Tinker, 11:23 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:22 pm
Mnemon: I step in, Nexus gets what it wants, and you go back and rule your city. How does that sound, to you?
Jane Narbon, 11:22 pm
(shhhhh, Cleveland is a lie )
Hawkwolf, 11:21 pm
(Cleveland?)
chicgeek, 11:21 pm
Mnemon: A scratch should do. It'll cast an illusion, and teleport him to— well, I've got an appropriate holding location.
Jane Narbon, 11:20 pm
He looks at her, and holds out his hand- letting it drop into his hand. "A faked death, and a quiet retirement, then."
Professor_Tinker, 11:20 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:20 pm
Mnemon: I built some of the more sorcerous of Fokuf's protections myself, and short of ME, that knife is the only thing that can get through them.
Jane Narbon, 11:19 pm
She gives it to you.
Jane Narbon, 11:19 pm
Mnemon: A faked death it is, then. Take this knife.
Jane Narbon, 11:19 pm
,
chicgeek, 11:19 pm
Mnemon takes the orichalcum knife. There's some sort of sorcery been laid upon it, and she starts to modify it.
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
Mnem: Wait, I could still do that.... of COURSE!
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
Then she realizes.
Jane Narbon, 11:18 pm
Mnem: ...huh. I never thought of that. Next time I have to power-grab for the Scarlet Throne, I'll set my plans up so they can do that, instead.
Jane Narbon, 11:17 pm
"A faked death?"
Professor_Tinker, 11:16 pm
Mnemon: Here, he can die, and I can — step in and take over.
Jane Narbon, 11:16 pm
Mnemon: [sigh] I tried planning it out every other way. If Fokuf is exiled, or power-structured out, someone'll rally behind him, and I can't keep the throne.
Jane Narbon, 11:15 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:15 pm
"I get nervous when omeone says things like 'death is the only option', Lass."
Professor_Tinker, 11:14 pm
(Tower checkmates king?)
Jane Narbon, 11:14 pm
,
chicgeek, 11:14 pm
(mmmm chess)
Hawkwolf, 11:13 pm
Mnemon takes out a small orichalcum knife, and lays it on the table. "I only ask that, for me, you slay the Regent of the Realm, Tepet Fokuf."
Jane Narbon, 11:13 pm
"I always preffered chess. Pity it fell out of style."
Professor_Tinker, 11:13 pm
Mnemon: "You and I are the only ones who may see all the pieces on the Gateway board, so to speak. And I cannot do the action I am about to request of you, or all my plans would be wrecked."
Jane Narbon, 11:12 pm
He nods, and listens.
Professor_Tinker, 11:12 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:12 pm
Mnemon: "I can make an agreement. In writing. Whatever you desire. But there is one thing."
Jane Narbon, 11:10 pm
He waves a hand a litle. "Stopping riots and stopping the iron armies of the empire are a bit different, Grace. I;m just saying, if I was to take this, I'd need a solid agreement." he smiles a little. "Oh? A third thing~?"
Professor_Tinker, 11:10 pm
Mnemon: "But, for all that I can give you and your city, there is one thing I need from you."
Jane Narbon, 11:09 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:09 pm
Mnemon: "I've seen you. In the streets of Nexus. Stopping riots with a touch. I don't know how you wield the reality-bending power you do when you are the Emissary, within Nexus, but I doubt I could grind Nexus off the map, under any circumstances."
Jane Narbon, 11:08 pm
.
chicgeek, 11:07 pm
"Theres more then just te one, Grace. Whos to say you won;t just grind my little humble city off the map once you choose to?"
Professor_Tinker, 11:07 pm
Mnemon: "The second thing my plans need to succeed is the death of the Regent, Tepet Fokuf. I talked to some 'friends' of mine, and arranged it— but it seems the agent they sent was captured. As such, we will have to improvise."
Jane Narbon, 11:06 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:06 pm
Mnemon: "Your kin will be safe, or at the least, safer, from the Realm. I am prepared to offer you further trade concessions, so on, the stuff of empire. But there is a problem."
Jane Narbon, 11:06 pm
He looks her over a little, considering- seeming to turn her words over.
Professor_Tinker, 11:05 pm
Mnemon: "It will take time, but over the course of the years after I take the throne, I will attenuate the Wyld Hunt, and work upon attenuating the power of the Immaculate Philosophy."
Jane Narbon, 11:04 pm
Mnemon: "I offer you the support of the Realm. An Alliance between the City of the Rivers, and the greatest empire of the Second Age. And, a personal promise, as well."
Jane Narbon, 11:04 pm
.
Wallycaine, 11:04 pm
He seems to consider commenting, but lets it slide.
Professor_Tinker, 11:03 pm
Mnemon: "The first, and most important, thing, is the support of Nexus. I am not the Guild's choice— but Nexus, and you, have power over the city (and thus, the very center of guild operations) like none other."
Jane Narbon, 11:03 pm
,
chicgeek, 11:02 pm
He listens politely, sifting in his seat a bit- moving his staff to lay it over his lap.
Professor_Tinker, 11:01 pm
Mnemon: " I want the Scarlet Throne. It's no secret. What not many know is that my plans to get it— and keep it— are almost complete. They just need two things to finish it."
Jane Narbon, 11:01 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 11:00 pm
Mnemon: "So you say. But here is how things stand:"
Jane Narbon, 11:00 pm
He tilts his head a little, waving a hand. "Flattery, Your Grace. barbed flattery, in fact." he sits, still holding his staff. "If Nexus had a puppetmaster, you;d think itd have better curfiews."
Professor_Tinker, 10:59 pm
"Please, sit down," Mnemon says. "I know who you are, so we'll skip the diplomatic niceties and get straight to the point, O puppetmaster of Nexus."
Jane Narbon, 10:58 pm
The humble Ambassador has bowed, and is still standing.
Professor_Tinker, 10:58 pm
Which is a neat point to switch back to Los, the representative of Nexus.
Jane Narbon, 10:58 pm
"But you two have fun... and keep an eye on her for me, alright?
Wallycaine, 10:58 pm
And the two head off.
Jane Narbon, 10:58 pm
*right
Jane Narbon, 10:57 pm
Cat: All righ!
Jane Narbon, 10:57 pm
Ki: Will it fit in a pocket? *grins* Oh, why not?
chicgeek, 10:57 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:57 pm
Seeker is still keeping an eye on the Regent, in addition to talking to Cat. "You know, I find it funny you didn't refute that it was a forgery, just agreed that no one could detect it as such..."
Wallycaine, 10:56 pm
Cat looks at Ki. "You know, your friend really doesn't make sense sometimes. Wanna see the first age artifact?"
Jane Narbon, 10:56 pm
Cat shrugs, and grins— but she's still focusing intently on Seeker. "Of course!"
Jane Narbon, 10:55 pm
Seeker smiles. "Of course you do. And of course, no one would be able to detect it as a forgery, would they?"
Wallycaine, 10:54 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:54 pm
Cat: And you can call me 'Cat'!
Jane Narbon, 10:54 pm
Cat: But what good would that do? I have an invitation! [grins]
Jane Narbon, 10:53 pm
On hearing Seeker's response, Cat suddenly is giving a lot of attention to Seeker.
Jane Narbon, 10:53 pm
Cat puts two fingers on her chin, cutely. "I don't know. Would you be?"
Jane Narbon, 10:52 pm
Seeker: Really? Well, as a servant, I suppose I'll just double check the guest list, so I can make sure to adress you properly for a lady of your obvious stature...
Wallycaine, 10:52 pm
Ki: Would I be here if I wasn't?
chicgeek, 10:52 pm
She smiles slyly at Ki. "And you, how'd you come to be here? You're invited too, right?"
Jane Narbon, 10:51 pm
Hah!
Professor_Tinker, 10:50 pm
Cat: What? What's this about pockets? I'm here because I'm invited!
Jane Narbon, 10:50 pm
Seeker: *smiles back* So, Cat was it? More importantly than how you two lovely birds met, how'd you come to be in this fine party?
Wallycaine, 10:50 pm
Ki: Oh, you mean when you picked my pocket?
chicgeek, 10:49 pm
Cat: Go on, Ki, tell your friend how we met!
Jane Narbon, 10:48 pm
Ki: *gives Seeker a glance, that can be interpreted as 'help?')
chicgeek, 10:48 pm
Cat: [nods brightly] I suppose.
Jane Narbon, 10:48 pm
Ki: ....you're bored again, aren't you?
chicgeek, 10:47 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 10:47 pm
*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 10:47 pm
Cat: Oh, don't worry. Why would I punch such a handsome man?
Jane Narbon, 10:46 pm
Ki: *wheezes and thumps himself on the chest a little* Lady, just what was in your punch?
chicgeek, 10:46 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 10:46 pm
Cat: [@Seeker] And he's told me about his trading business, and how he wants me to join in with him, and how we could be happy together—
Jane Narbon, 10:45 pm
Seeker: Oh, obivously...
Wallycaine, 10:44 pm
Ki: *chokes on his fruit bread*
chicgeek, 10:44 pm
(Ki, Seeker, you have the option to spit-take if you so choose.)
Jane Narbon, 10:44 pm
"Oh, come on! You look pretty interesting. I mean, if you're a friend of this guy— who fell in love with me at first sight—"
Jane Narbon, 10:43 pm
Ki: Very.
chicgeek, 10:43 pm
Cat looks straight at Seeker.
Jane Narbon, 10:43 pm
Seeker: *takes fruit bread tray* Oh, not me... just a humble servant, very boring...
Wallycaine, 10:42 pm
(she's referring to Seeker)
Jane Narbon, 10:42 pm
In any case, Cat, on Ki's arm, is perked up. "Ooh! Is this a friend of yours?" she says.
Jane Narbon, 10:39 pm
(better then the white glove society from Fallout new Vegas, I hope)
Hawkwolf, 10:39 pm
Seeker: Hmm... *feels like he should be especially close to the regent while he's eating his next meal*
Wallycaine, 10:38 pm
Someone else: "Nah, nah, you know there's no such thing as the White Veil society."
Jane Narbon, 10:38 pm
SeekerOOC: Now that's just unfortunate...
Wallycaine, 10:38 pm
convenient
Hawkwolf, 10:38 pm
Someone: "...and it's rumored she's even a member of the White Veil Society!"
Jane Narbon, 10:37 pm
Unfortunately, while she was on stage, she tried to shoot poisoned darts at the regent from her flute.
Jane Narbon, 10:37 pm
Cat: A fun party!
Jane Narbon, 10:37 pm
Anyway. Apparently, Nemi is being hauled away for— well, two of the musicians on the mainstage fell mysteriously ill. Nemi volunteered to replace one— she plays the flute.
Jane Narbon, 10:36 pm
Ki: Nah...just another party.
chicgeek, 10:36 pm
Seeker: *nods to Ki-Tsune* Hmm... seen anything unusal?
Wallycaine, 10:35 pm
Ki Tsune: *snags some fruit bread from Seeker's plate*
chicgeek, 10:35 pm
OK, how much was the bet?
Jane Narbon, 10:34 pm
Bodygaurd! Yesssss.
Professor_Tinker, 10:34 pm
*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 10:34 pm
You carefully watch the commotion as Nemi, the Dragon-Blooded you were talking to, is hauled away by Fokuf's courtesan friend bodyguard.
Jane Narbon, 10:34 pm
Seeker: *serving food as close to the Regent as he can manage*
Wallycaine, 10:33 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:33 pm
Now then. Moving on to Seeker and co...
Jane Narbon, 10:33 pm
And you're back in the party, and now you have some private info that your spymaster friends and Lunar friends'll be glad to have!
Jane Narbon, 10:32 pm
Gently: *gonna fly out the door and once safe, gonna change back and back to the party*
Hawkwolf, 10:32 pm
(I believe the procedure for small insects involves eating the entire thing.)
Jane Narbon, 10:31 pm
(Teeeny tweezers)
chicgeek, 10:31 pm
Okay. The drawer is shut. The door opens, and three guards in armor walk in. They see nobody, so they start doing a cursory search of the room for intruders.
Jane Narbon, 10:31 pm
((It rquires tweezers~))
Professor_Tinker, 10:31 pm
(lolw as jsut thinking that too)
Hawkwolf, 10:31 pm
(Ok, NOW I am jelous of Lunar's shape chanign abilities)
Hawkwolf, 10:31 pm
(Okay, now I'm seeing a lunar killing a 'skeeter, and using a magnifying glass to find its heart to remove and eat so it can take the form)
chicgeek, 10:30 pm
then change
Hawkwolf, 10:30 pm
before I do that, gonna shut the drawer
Hawkwolf, 10:30 pm
wait
Hawkwolf, 10:30 pm
Gently: *changes into a Mosquito and flies to a safe corner and out of the way. no point in getting swatted at
Hawkwolf, 10:29 pm
You've searched the desk, and just as well, as it sounds like your letter-reading might have attracted attention. You hear someone approaching. No, correction. Several people approaching. In chainmail.
Jane Narbon, 10:28 pm
Okay. Copied they are.
Jane Narbon, 10:28 pm
Well if they go missing, people might suspect that they were taken and thus those orders probably be cahnged. I am going to copy them, in note format
Hawkwolf, 10:27 pm
Anyway, what do you do wiht the orders?
Jane Narbon, 10:27 pm
,
chicgeek, 10:27 pm
/
Wallycaine, 10:25 pm
(Fun fact: Gently used a charm to block it, or she'd probably be enthralled right now.)
Jane Narbon, 10:25 pm
bet me to it
Hawkwolf, 10:25 pm
Gently: *is not quite sure what to make of that letter but will look for the info ont he Wyld hunt*
Hawkwolf, 10:25 pm
There is one more item in the drawer. The fourth and final item appears to be orders for the next Wyld Hunt.
Jane Narbon, 10:24 pm
(9back))
Professor_Tinker, 10:23 pm
The rest of the letter goes on like that, though a slight shifting of the text implies that it may have different text for everybody. With a groan, you carefully place the letter back into the drawer, fighting the urge to crumple it into a ball.
Jane Narbon, 10:22 pm
"Dear Ms. Lunar: Please protect and tutor young Cynis Nemiah, and teach her —
Jane Narbon, 10:21 pm
hehe
Hawkwolf, 10:21 pm
with a fly swatter? wait, you're not a mosquito right now, nevermind.
chicgeek, 10:21 pm
The next portion of the message is addressed directly to Gently.
Jane Narbon, 10:20 pm
.
Wallycaine, 10:20 pm
Gently: *is caught off guar! Looks around, kinda half expecting someone to jump out now*
Hawkwolf, 10:18 pm
((brb))
Professor_Tinker, 10:18 pm
nice.
chicgeek, 10:18 pm
Night!
Sarah McLaren, 10:18 pm
(Gnight, Sarah.)
Jane Narbon, 10:17 pm
Funny thing is, I kinda saw that coming
Hawkwolf, 10:16 pm
Hah!
Professor_Tinker, 10:16 pm
*snerk*
Sarah McLaren, 10:16 pm
At this point, let's count the letter as making an unexpected social attack.
Jane Narbon, 10:16 pm
"...including, {a long list of names, and what the names are proficient in}, along with the Lunar spy who is currently reading this letter."
Jane Narbon, 10:15 pm
"I know that you are as of yet unskilled in the business of ruling and governing, so I have arranged for the Realm to be held temporarily by a lesser member of my house, and for you to be instructed by a number of experts in the various arts of statecraft...
Jane Narbon, 10:14 pm
Okay.
Sarah McLaren, 10:14 pm
Goodnight, Sarah.
chicgeek, 10:14 pm
Wait. Just wait until this letter's over.
Jane Narbon, 10:14 pm
All right.
Jane Narbon, 10:14 pm
Really sorry, but I've got to go now.
Sarah McLaren, 10:14 pm
Gently: *will take notes of what she is reading*
Hawkwolf, 10:14 pm
hmm...
Professor_Tinker, 10:13 pm
"I have, as you know, instructed the White Veil society to see to the death of Regent Fokuf; in the event you were unable to kill him, my backup plan should have worked successfully. In any case...
Jane Narbon, 10:13 pm
.
Wallycaine, 10:12 pm
"My plans are were almost complete; all that is left is for the untimely death of the Regent for everything to fall into place. Obviously, this letter will only be read if I, too, have vanished; this obviously puts a crimp in things.
Jane Narbon, 10:11 pm
(interesting so far)
Hawkwolf, 10:10 pm
"In the light of the troubled contest for the throne, I have been carefully arranging matters such that I would have been able to claim it.
Jane Narbon, 10:10 pm
"If you are reading this, I have succumbed to the same fate that befell my mother, several years ago.
Jane Narbon, 10:09 pm
,
chicgeek, 10:08 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:08 pm
My dear,
Jane Narbon, 10:08 pm
The letter reads:
Jane Narbon, 10:07 pm
The third item is a letter, written in a smooth calligraphic hand.
Jane Narbon, 10:07 pm
.
Wallycaine, 10:07 pm
The second item is a memo regarding some sort of attack upon ships in the Western ocean. The writer of the note explains that various large items of fauna (sharks, and such) suddenly went wild to attack ships.
Jane Narbon, 10:07 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 10:07 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:06 pm
yeah
Hawkwolf, 10:05 pm
(I'm going to assume you want to keep reading until you tell me 'stop'.)
Jane Narbon, 10:05 pm
Oh dear...
Professor_Tinker, 10:05 pm
The first item is.... a map of the city of Nexus. Spots are circled on it, with handwriting saying, "Immaculate monastery?", and "Gods could open tombs?"
Jane Narbon, 10:04 pm
yep
Hawkwolf, 10:04 pm
The lock opens easily. Inside the drawer are a number of papers. Read some?
Jane Narbon, 10:03 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 10:03 pm
1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=1
Hawkwolf, 10:03 pm
ok let me look up that number and roll
Hawkwolf, 10:03 pm
(Fortunately, the Eyes of the North provided you with a few tools for moments just such as this.
Jane Narbon, 10:02 pm
Anyway. No, the Dynast's not coming back. Now then, roll Wits+Larceny to get through the lock.
Jane Narbon, 10:02 pm
,
chicgeek, 10:01 pm
.
Wallycaine, 10:01 pm
You notice that the room is large, and lavishly furnished. THis is probably someone's quarters.
Jane Narbon, 10:01 pm
Gently: *make sure he isn't coming back and change back into human form and see about opening the drawer*
Hawkwolf, 10:00 pm
You are inside the room. The door is shut, though you could probably get through the crack under it. Now what?
Jane Narbon, 10:00 pm
All right. By straining, you manage to follow the Elder Dynast. He's entering a room, and placing some papers that were left out on the desk into a drawer. He then locks the drawer and leaves, shutting the room door (and grumbling) behind him.
Jane Narbon, 10:00 pm
and gonna continue to follow that person
Hawkwolf, 9:59 pm
heh sorry still find it silly of me turning into a a little thing like that
Hawkwolf, 9:58 pm
yep
Hawkwolf, 9:58 pm
Poof! You are now a mosquito. I'm going to assume you want to fly through that guarded door?
Jane Narbon, 9:58 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:58 pm
XD
Hawkwolf, 9:57 pm
into... a mosquito!
Hawkwolf, 9:57 pm
Into... ?
Jane Narbon, 9:57 pm
ok will wonder over there, to check out the vase, and once out of sight gonna change form
Hawkwolf, 9:56 pm
.
Wallycaine, 9:56 pm
Yeah. There's an alcove with a decorative vase in, and no one's here except the guards anyway.
Jane Narbon, 9:56 pm
.
chicgeek, 9:55 pm
is tere a safe place to change form?
Hawkwolf, 9:54 pm
give me moment to look over my char sheet
Hawkwolf, 9:54 pm
hmmm
Hawkwolf, 9:53 pm
Okay. The Elder is heading into a wing of the Imperial palace. Guards stand aside as he passes, then go back go standing in front of a large door, which leads into the wing.
Jane Narbon, 9:52 pm
Gently: * will wait a moment before trailing the Elder disgreatly*
Hawkwolf, 9:52 pm
What do you do?
Jane Narbon, 9:52 pm
The military dragon-blood strides off. The mortal heads in the opposite direction.
Jane Narbon, 9:52 pm
Elder: [facepalms] I will go, and put the item away, right now. You, please get as far away from me, as you can possibly be. Thank you.
Jane Narbon, 9:51 pm
(my character has gained a name! Gently Changing Winds!)
Hawkwolf, 9:50 pm
.
Wallycaine, 9:50 pm
Japeth: An Anathema. In the Imperial City. In the Imperial Palace. Riiiiiight. Why don't you just say that you forgot you wanted it left out, and be done with it?
Jane Narbon, 9:50 pm
Elder: How hard is it to put something in a drawer? Wyld Hunt orders are not a thing to be taken lightly, Japeth. I mean, suppose a spy, or an Anathema had seen—
Jane Narbon, 9:49 pm
.
chicgeek, 9:49 pm
Mortal, more of a clerk-y type: It was an accident! Ac-ci-dent! Copying out stuff with that kind of time limit—
Jane Narbon, 9:49 pm
(I apperently forgot to come up with a name so working on that right now)
Hawkwolf, 9:48 pm
*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 9:48 pm
*stops to listen discreatly*
Hawkwolf, 9:48 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:47 pm
Elder Dragon-Blood, a real military type: "You left what sitting out?"
Jane Narbon, 9:47 pm
Lately, she just overheard this conversation.
Jane Narbon, 9:46 pm
Hawk is walking around, still listening idly. She's presented herself to the Regent, who nodded, agreed with the vague blandishments she said and then turned his attention back to the show.
Jane Narbon, 9:46 pm
(We'll post it. :3)
Professor_Tinker, 9:46 pm
(Sure!)
Jane Narbon, 9:45 pm
((I'm fading fast. Can I find out how this game ends from someone else later?))
Dr. Geneve Beard, 9:45 pm
(I think it was seven, but still...)
Wallycaine, 9:44 pm
(Something like that.)
Professor_Tinker, 9:44 pm
which reminds me of the question I sent you earlier in IM
Hawkwolf, 9:43 pm
(wasn't 12 what Scott had to face? Could not remember)
Hawkwolf, 9:43 pm
Now then, back to Hawk, who we haven't seen in a while.
Jane Narbon, 9:43 pm
And so Cat and Ki-Tsune walk off, arm in arm.
Jane Narbon, 9:43 pm
(hahahaha)
Hawkwolf, 9:42 pm
"Tempting, tempting. But then your twelve fierce brothers would be compelled to hunt me down. For now, let's enjoy the party."
chicgeek, 9:42 pm
"Or we could just walk around, and I could try to find out about the mystery man on my arm."
Jane Narbon, 9:42 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:40 pm
.
Wallycaine, 9:40 pm
"We could still have that forbidden love affair. Mysterious gentlemen are prime candidates for that sort of thing."
Jane Narbon, 9:39 pm
Cat rolls her eyes, and grins brightly. "OK, you have me there. So, what do you want to do now?"
Jane Narbon, 9:38 pm
"Besides, if I quite being mysterious, you'll be bored again, and then where will we be?"
chicgeek, 9:38 pm
Ki winks at her. "I find travel to be most enlightening. It keeps me on my toes. And really, does picking a man's pockets entitle you to all his secrets?"
chicgeek, 9:37 pm
*snrk*
Professor_Tinker, 9:36 pm
lol
Hawkwolf, 9:36 pm
(Heheheh)
Sarah McLaren, 9:35 pm
KiOOC: Hush, you.
chicgeek, 9:35 pm
*snrk!*
Professor_Tinker, 9:35 pm
"And that's it? So how do you not be bored? What do you do? What house are you? I mean, even the Dynasts of House Cynis do something really well, even though it's orgies. Not that that's a bad thing."
Jane Narbon, 9:34 pm
SeekerOOC: Yeah, that's not all he does
Wallycaine, 9:34 pm
back
Hawkwolf, 9:34 pm
Cat looks at you, with the distinctly dubious expression of one who has found a baby Essence Spider in their salad.
Jane Narbon, 9:33 pm
Ki: Me?As I said, call me Ki. As to what I do, I endevour to go through life not being bored, Lady.
chicgeek, 9:32 pm
She's still just as bright and bubbly.
Jane Narbon, 9:31 pm
Ki-tsune looks at Cat. She looks back, and says, "No, I don't do stuff like picking the pockets of the ones I love! But enough of me. Who, may I ask, are you? And what sort of things do you do for a living?"
Jane Narbon, 9:30 pm
{And at this point, we'll switch viewpoints to...}
Jane Narbon, 9:30 pm
Los preforms a perfect deep bow, one hand on his staff. "Your Grace."
Professor_Tinker, 9:29 pm
Mnemon, daughter of the Scarlet Empress, walks into the room, gives a reasonable bow as appropriate to your true station as the Emissary, and sits down.
Jane Narbon, 9:29 pm
(Hee.)
Sarah McLaren, 9:29 pm
The servant leads Los into a well-furnished, well-lit room with a small table and several chairs. Displays of art and artifacts line the edges of the room. A few moments after Los enters,
Jane Narbon, 9:28 pm
(Nice, Chic)
Wallycaine, 9:28 pm
(*snrk!*)
Professor_Tinker, 9:28 pm
[snerk]
Jane Narbon, 9:28 pm
(That's Mac. lead on, Mac Toff)
chicgeek, 9:27 pm
Los raises an eyebrow. "Well. No helping that, then. Say, lady- when that lass comes back, apologize to her for me, for not being able to accept that drink...? If I;m not back in a half an hour, don;t sen a search party." he nods to the servant, and waves his hand. "Lead on then, my good Toff."
Professor_Tinker, 9:26 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 9:25 pm
"Um, Mnemon, daughter of the Scarlet Empress, would like the pleasure of your company and discussion in— well, there's a meeting room, and I'm supposed to show you the way there."
Jane Narbon, 9:25 pm
(He's serrentipitiously keeping an eye on where Nemi is going, and keeping an eye out for everybody else)
Wallycaine, 9:24 pm
Sacre smiles, and chuckles. "Oh, you'd be surprised at what people dont' notice"
Wallycaine, 9:24 pm
(Slow chat on my end, Should've hit a dot.)
chicgeek, 9:24 pm
"Scuse me. Los, Representative of Nexus?" He's reading the name off a small scroll.
Jane Narbon, 9:24 pm
(I just did. )
Jane Narbon, 9:24 pm
(Yay! You want to tak a sec to catch up?)
chicgeek, 9:23 pm
He seems to mean it.
Professor_Tinker, 9:23 pm
As Los and Nemi talk, a servant comes up to Los and taps him on the arm.
Jane Narbon, 9:23 pm
"Nonsense, lad. No ones beneath notice."
Professor_Tinker, 9:23 pm
He turns a bright red. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Sacre, though you shouldn't mind me. Just working here..."
Wallycaine, 9:23 pm
{I'm baaaaack}
Jane Narbon, 9:21 pm
"I mean your name, lad. I'm Los, Ambasador for Nexus. Humble Servant of my City."
Professor_Tinker, 9:21 pm
brb again
Hawkwolf, 9:20 pm
(Yes, he)
Wallycaine, 9:20 pm
Seeker turns towards the old man. "Oh, don't worry about me... I'm just fine."
Wallycaine, 9:19 pm
((I assume he))
Professor_Tinker, 9:19 pm
"You're too kind, miss. And you, young sir...?" he looks at the c aterer, giving him a wink.
Professor_Tinker, 9:18 pm
Nemi laughs. "I'm sure you sell yourself short, dear sir! Allow me to get you a drink."
Sarah McLaren, 9:18 pm
("Good. Bad. I'm the one with the spider.")
chicgeek, 9:18 pm
*Twinkilyness
Professor_Tinker, 9:18 pm
He has titled his head a little, and smiling with a certain twikliness.
Professor_Tinker, 9:17 pm
(( I could do a genre savy lunar, no doubt.))
Professor_Tinker, 9:17 pm
(although does not mean he is playing one here >.>)
Hawkwolf, 9:17 pm
((hehe, I would swear tink enjoys playing siderals due to them being able to be genre savvy and get away with it )
Hawkwolf, 9:16 pm
(Hah! Oh yes~)
Professor_Tinker, 9:16 pm
((Who, me? Perish the thought~))
Professor_Tinker, 9:16 pm
(k.)
Sarah McLaren, 9:16 pm
(on my oath, I am not a violent man?)
Sarah McLaren, 9:16 pm
(Sarah, sent you a PM, just checking something)
Wallycaine, 9:15 pm
((I think he's egging Fate on.))
Dr. Geneve Beard, 9:15 pm
"Ahhh, but I am a humble mortal man, and ths my ideas are surely half a nonsense."
Professor_Tinker, 9:15 pm
(Heehehee~))
Professor_Tinker, 9:14 pm
"If it's inconcievable how can the idea be concieved, unless it isn't?"
Sarah McLaren, 9:14 pm
(totally, rolled off my chair in laughter)
Hawkwolf, 9:14 pm
(Get the quote?)
chicgeek, 9:14 pm
(I don't think that wpord means what you think it does.")
chicgeek, 9:14 pm
I am *indeed* Genre savvy~
Professor_Tinker, 9:14 pm
.
Wallycaine, 9:13 pm
"Nonsense. How in the world could anything bad pos'bly happen among all these fine dragon blooded lords and ladies~ Its inconceivable."
Professor_Tinker, 9:13 pm
I think i spelled that wrong
Hawkwolf, 9:13 pm
(you know how tink is Genre savy)
Hawkwolf, 9:12 pm
(heehee)
Sarah McLaren, 9:12 pm
(hehehe)
Hawkwolf, 9:12 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:12 pm
(Nooo! Next you'll be saying 'at least it can't get worse'!)
chicgeek, 9:12 pm
Nemi chuckles. "I doubt it. Not if someone wanted it enough."
Sarah McLaren, 9:10 pm
He tilts his head, resting his hands on his plain staff. "Oh... I;m sure whatever it does, its perfectly safe here~"
Professor_Tinker, 9:09 pm
"Everyone seems to be talking about what it does..." Nemi muses.
Sarah McLaren, 9:07 pm
"Me? Oh no, miss. This humble Emissiary has been lucky to be summoned for Nexus." he smiles at the new coversationalit, tilting his head. "Not at all~"
Professor_Tinker, 9:07 pm
"I'm... working with the caterers, so I apologize for interuptting. I thought... it doesn't matter. I should get back to work." He obviously wants to stay, but doesn't want to offend either of the powerful exalts.
Wallycaine, 9:07 pm
"Its a basic filo- thats flaky layers of sweet bread- with bits of fresh fruit worked in, honey over the top. Little crdamom or cinnamon."
Professor_Tinker, 9:06 pm
Nemi smiles. "Why thank you, sir, I try. Have you seen the artefact yet?"
Sarah McLaren, 9:06 pm
(Baking, or cooking up trouble? )
chicgeek, 9:06 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 9:05 pm
"You're quite polite, miss..." he glanced over, an smiles a little. "Oh, yes, indeed. It quite easy."
Professor_Tinker, 9:04 pm
The Seeker wanders past the conversation, and then turns around. "Did you mention fruit bread? I don't suppose you still know how it was made, do you?" Pausing, seems to remember himself, and bows. "I'm sorry, but baking's a bit of an interest of mine"
Wallycaine, 9:04 pm
"No,no, it was quite interesting."
Sarah McLaren, 9:03 pm
"But I;ve held your ear too long, miss. Do forgive me. I get out of the city so rarely- someone new to speak with is a treat."
Professor_Tinker, 9:02 pm
(heh)
chicgeek, 9:02 pm
Nemi is starting to flag, but is careful not to let this show. "Fascinating."
Sarah McLaren, 9:00 pm
"...of course no one ever quite seems to make that kind of fruit bread anymore. Bit of a pity, even if it *was* just to use up the last of the fruit." the Emissary has somehow gotten onto the subject of baking, and reminiscing.
Professor_Tinker, 8:59 pm
Ki makes an sweeping bow, and winks at her. "Then call me Ki. Forbidden love affair? Promising, and I suppose it would make picking my pockets that much easier. " (He's teasing her a bit, but careful not to let her get away with it again)
chicgeek, 8:59 pm
(Okay.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:59 pm
(ok)
Hawkwolf, 8:59 pm
(I assume other people can wander by and join the conversation?)
Professor_Tinker, 8:58 pm
{At this point, I'm going to switch back to Nemi and the representative of Nexus and let them gab a bit, because it's dinner time and I must adjourn for a short time.}
Jane Narbon, 8:58 pm
((*snrk*))
Professor_Tinker, 8:57 pm
"Hi!" says the girl. "I'm Ledaal Cateia, but you can just call me Cat!"
Jane Narbon, 8:56 pm
(forbidden lvoe affair? hehe funny)
Hawkwolf, 8:56 pm
Ki grins at her. "Yes, it's a lovely evening, and yes, you're lovely too." He carefully tucks the stone back away. "Friends? Heh, perhaps... Shouldn't you introduce yourself, then?"
chicgeek, 8:55 pm
SeekerOOC: Steal something, and now we're friends? ...Methinks you're missing a step there
Wallycaine, 8:55 pm
"Or, I suppose we could have a forbidden love affair! That could be fun."
Jane Narbon, 8:55 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:54 pm
She's already perking back up.
Jane Narbon, 8:54 pm
"Fiiiiine," she says. "I... guess I am bored, rather. But look on the bright side: Now we can be friends, right?"
Jane Narbon, 8:54 pm
....*snerk*
Professor_Tinker, 8:54 pm
The two of you are in a shady spot by the trees. After a quick look around to make sure no one's watching her, she slips the hearthstone out of a secret pocket, and gives it back to Ki.
Jane Narbon, 8:53 pm
The girl looks at Ki, expectantly, for a second, as if waiting for a reaction that fails to happen. Then, she gets huffy. (Cat tried to use a Charm on Ki here, to turn his anger into passion for her. It failed.)
Jane Narbon, 8:52 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:51 pm
Ki strolls along with her. "Riiight. let me guess, you suffer from a mysterious malady that causes you to pick pockets without knowing it?" *Sighes* "Pretty lady, are you so bored that you must resort to this at parties?"
chicgeek, 8:51 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 8:49 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:48 pm
She doesn't smirk.
Jane Narbon, 8:48 pm
"Isn't it a nice evening?" she says to Ki, walking along. "How peaceful are the flowers, and the trees, and I still don't know what you're talking about."
Jane Narbon, 8:47 pm
Ki grits his teeth. "Return my property, and we'll say no more of it."
chicgeek, 8:47 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:47 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:47 pm
Unexpectedly, the girl twines her arm around his, emulating a friendly walk as they move away from the group, heading for a shady spot.
Jane Narbon, 8:46 pm
(Okay, the charm I thought of isn't applicable, drat)
chicgeek, 8:44 pm
Does Ki see a pocket or pouch where it might be? Wait, let me check something on his sheet.
chicgeek, 8:44 pm
Ki eyes have a dangerous glint, but he keeps up the smile for the benefit of any watchers. "You know exactly what I mean. Aren't you a little young for such games?"
chicgeek, 8:42 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:42 pm
The girl looks up at Ki, eyes wide. "Whatever do you mean?" she asks, innocently
Jane Narbon, 8:42 pm
Ah, well.
chicgeek, 8:42 pm
6 vs MDV of 7 =
Jane Narbon, 8:42 pm
jane is right, I mis counted XD
Hawkwolf, 8:42 pm
*Six*
chicgeek, 8:41 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:41 pm
wat, 6.
chicgeek, 8:41 pm
I count 7. a 10, a 9, a 7, and another 10.
chicgeek, 8:40 pm
I count 6.
Jane Narbon, 8:39 pm
7
Hawkwolf, 8:39 pm
BBCode 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=10
chicgeek, 8:38 pm
The woman is a young dragon-blood, her face relatively bubbly.
Jane Narbon, 8:37 pm
+ 4 extra dice. (I made a mistake here, and forgot about a talisman that granted a +2 bonus to social rolls that the Fake was wearing. My bad!)
Jane Narbon, 8:37 pm
Roll {Charisma + Presence}.
Jane Narbon, 8:37 pm
And he speaks for her ears alone.
chicgeek, 8:37 pm
The woman who picked Ki's pocket has been sidetracked by a group of important people, which she's just finished greeting as she goes on her way. Ki's purposeful stride through the crowd soon catches up to her.
Jane Narbon, 8:36 pm
If so, Ki will lay a hand firmly on their arm, smiling in a friendly fashion. "I'll be having that back now."Hhe casts Voice of Mastery as he does so.
chicgeek, 8:36 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 8:36 pm
*whistles*
Professor_Tinker, 8:35 pm
I think you jsut did it with a flaire no less
Hawkwolf, 8:35 pm
ncie
Hawkwolf, 8:35 pm
BBCode 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=5
chicgeek, 8:33 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:33 pm
, one mo.
chicgeek, 8:33 pm
Ki moves swiftly through the crowd, smiling pleasantly, like a man hurrying to catch up with an aqauintance.
chicgeek, 8:33 pm
Following someone through a crowd— while not stepping on anybody's toes— is rather tough. Roll {Wits + Dodge}.
Jane Narbon, 8:32 pm
Hang on a moment.
Jane Narbon, 8:31 pm
He does so.
chicgeek, 8:31 pm
Ki turns, to see the tail end of a robe and headdress disappearing into the crowd. He could probably follow the person, if he started moving now.
Jane Narbon, 8:30 pm
As a matter of fact...
Jane Narbon, 8:29 pm
Did Ki see who it was?
chicgeek, 8:29 pm
What do you do?
Jane Narbon, 8:28 pm
Someon has just picked your pocket.
Jane Narbon, 8:28 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:28 pm
You recognize what happened at once, and a quick check of your pockets confirms it: the hearthstone you were carrying around is missing.
Jane Narbon, 8:28 pm
/
Wallycaine, 8:28 pm
When someone brushes by you.
Jane Narbon, 8:28 pm
Ki-Tsune: You are standing, watching the end of the fire-dancing act,
Jane Narbon, 8:27 pm
(Okay.)
Sarah McLaren, 8:27 pm
"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Representative. Enjoying the party?"
Sarah McLaren, 8:27 pm
I think we'll leave these two to talk for the time being, and shift back to the central pavillion...
Jane Narbon, 8:25 pm
"I am the humble Representative of Nexus for this fine affair, Ladyship."
Professor_Tinker, 8:24 pm
Nemi chuckles too. "Somehow, I doubt it. But what brings you to these parts?"
Sarah McLaren, 8:23 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 8:23 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:23 pm
,
chicgeek, 8:22 pm
.
Jane Narbon, 8:22 pm
"Weeelll, when a man gets a little older, gallentrys about all he has left." he demures, chuckling.
Professor_Tinker, 8:20 pm
"I appeciate your gallantry, sir. It's seems so rare, sometimes."
Sarah McLaren, 8:18 pm
He bows a little, touching his hand to his forhead. "I just dislike his type, miss~ No rumor's ever call to approaca lady like that."
Professor_Tinker, 8:18 pm
((And hi Demo!))
Dr. Geneve Beard, 8:18 pm
((Yesssss scared him off. Win.))
Dr. Geneve Beard, 8:17 pm
(hey demo)
Hawkwolf, 8:17 pm
(Hey demo
Wallycaine, 8:17 pm
(Hi Demo!)
Sarah McLaren, 8:17 pm
(Hi, Demo!)
chicgeek, 8:17 pm
(hey all)
Demothesis, 8:17 pm
Nemi chuckles and watches him run. "Not at all, dear sir."
Sarah McLaren, 8:16 pm
The Emissianary laughs, holding a hand over his face. "Hah! Well said, miss. Well said. I hope I didn;t interrupt your fun."
Professor_Tinker, 8:15 pm
The kid realizes you've heard him muttering, lets out a small 'eep!', turns bright red, and runs for it.
Jane Narbon, 8:15 pm
(hehe yeah no kidding)
Hawkwolf, 8:15 pm
Nemi smiles. "These rumours do fly about, don't they?"
Sarah McLaren, 8:14 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:14 pm
("Also, I'm wondering if all the stuff they say about House Cynis is true~")
Jane Narbon, 8:14 pm
(Subtle. Real subtle.)
chicgeek, 8:13 pm
"But... anyway... come away with me, miss Nemi! You're beautiful!"
Jane Narbon, 8:13 pm
(All thanks to gene Wilder...)
Professor_Tinker, 8:13 pm
The kid, seeing as he's not being challenged, and not having any good retort, decides to get back to what he was going with before.
Jane Narbon, 8:12 pm
He cups a hand to one ear, tilting his head. "Ehh? Oh my, what a funny way age takes ones senses~" he winks to the girl again, tilting his head. "Not that our beloved gaurdians of the earth would know this~"
Professor_Tinker, 8:12 pm
Nemi watches the two with interest.
Sarah McLaren, 8:11 pm
("Except when I really, really feel I have to,") he mutters.
Jane Narbon, 8:11 pm
"I don't mutter!"
Jane Narbon, 8:10 pm
He stiffens even straighter, and puffs himself up a bit.
Jane Narbon, 8:09 pm
"Ohoho, do forgive this humble emissianary. Funny thing... my *hearing* must be going, too~ Polite young men don;t mutter~"
Professor_Tinker, 8:09 pm
"
Jane Narbon, 8:09 pm
"But I wouldn't impugn them of anything! Not with such a beauteous specimen standing here before me, my lady!
Jane Narbon, 8:09 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:09 pm
(hehe)
Hawkwolf, 8:09 pm
.
chicgeek, 8:09 pm
he mutters,
Jane Narbon, 8:08 pm
("and trafficking in slaves and desire, but that's what I heard")
Jane Narbon, 8:08 pm
The kid doesn't flinch. He stands up straight, and says, "Of– of course not! House Cynis is well-known for attending parties, and hosting parties,"
Jane Narbon, 8:08 pm
He looks mortal, and perhaps in his 40s.
Professor_Tinker, 8:07 pm
A somewhat humbly dressed- for the occasion- man bearing a simple yew staff winks at th eyoung lady.
Professor_Tinker, 8:07 pm
,
chicgeek, 8:07 pm
"Good word, a younge gentleman can;t possibly be inferring anything untoward of the honored house cynis...?" queries a mellow, deep voice with a thick Nexus accent.
Professor_Tinker, 8:06 pm
Incidentally, the representative of Nexus has just wandered into range of the uneven pair.
Jane Narbon, 8:05 pm
".... so, do you often come to events like this? Because I hear you're from House Cynis, and, uh, uh—"
Jane Narbon, 8:05 pm
Nemi takes some pleasure from seeing him flustered.
Sarah McLaren, 8:05 pm
Is the emissianary close enough to overhear this courtly exchange?
Professor_Tinker, 8:05 pm
He seems to be trying to say something....
Jane Narbon, 8:04 pm
He blushes. The dragons chose this one poorly. "Er... always! Always!" he says, hastily.
Jane Narbon, 8:04 pm
Nemi turns to the speaker and giggles. "Only tonight?", she says teasingly.
Sarah McLaren, 8:03 pm
.
Wallycaine, 8:03 pm
(ah, was a bit confused there)
Hawkwolf, 8:03 pm
So, what do you do?
Jane Narbon, 8:03 pm
(Nemi = Sarah's character)
Jane Narbon, 8:03 pm
Nemi: You know he's going to follow you around all night if you don't do something.
Jane Narbon, 8:02 pm
Nemi successfully suppresses a groan. This Dragon-Blooded has been following you around for weeks. Just exalted, no experience in his head, and he's pretty much smitten.
Jane Narbon, 8:02 pm
"How beauteous bright your lips are tonight, my lady!"
Jane Narbon, 8:01 pm
Ki casually meanders towards the stage and the buffet. Those fire dancers are really something!
chicgeek, 8:01 pm
The Emissianary will walk back to the most crowded room, not wishing to disturb the gaurds; it could reflect poorly on Nexus.
Professor_Tinker, 8:01 pm
When suddenly...
Jane Narbon, 8:01 pm
,
chicgeek, 8:00 pm
back
Hawkwolf, 8:00 pm
Nemi, The Dragon-Blooded (of House Cynis) has made her way to the main set of rooms that the party's held in, greeting various friends and acquaintances. As a member of House Cynis, Ms. Cynis Nemiah (or just Nemi) is pretty well known. And House Cynis is pretty well liked, not least because of the whole 'hedonist/pursuit-of-pleasure' thing.
Jane Narbon, 7:59 pm
brb real quick
Hawkwolf, 7:58 pm
Meanwhile...
Jane Narbon, 7:58 pm
The Artifact is being kept in a room of its own, watched carefully by an armed guard. It is the size of an amulet, if the amulet were the size of a dinner plate, and it has many controls on the sides. It is kept in a glass case.
Jane Narbon, 7:58 pm
/
Wallycaine, 7:57 pm
(just trying to soak up what is happening atm)
Hawkwolf, 7:57 pm
(Anyone who speaks up, I'm listening to.)
Jane Narbon, 7:57 pm
(Nah.)
Jane Narbon, 7:57 pm
((Oh, sorry, I hope I wasn;t out of turn.))
Professor_Tinker, 7:55 pm
The Nexus Emissianary will see if he can gp and get a look at the Artifact, perhaps a little idle peek~
Professor_Tinker, 7:55 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:55 pm
[The party is taking place through several rooms of the central palace. Think of 8 rooms arranged in a sort of big square, with the display room branching off of one of those, and the big grounds in the center.
Jane Narbon, 7:54 pm
And meanwhile...
Jane Narbon, 7:54 pm
OOC: Are we in one large area, or a series of rooms? Trying to get an idea of layout and surroundings.
chicgeek, 7:54 pm
Hundreds of Dragon-Blooded are at this party, from every great house. Most are engaged in idle conversation, or intrigue designed to look like idle conversation. It's hard to tell which.
Jane Narbon, 7:53 pm
The representative sent from the city of Nexus is walking around, in halls of the palace that happen to be near the display room for the artifact from the First Age.
Jane Narbon, 7:52 pm
Meanwhile...
Jane Narbon, 7:52 pm
Seeker of Clarity makes his way up there. Few notice him.
Jane Narbon, 7:52 pm
The courtesan on Fokuf's arm whispers something in his ear. He laughs, and nods. You can't help but wonder who she's working for, and how the political policy of the Realm was irretrievably affected.
Jane Narbon, 7:51 pm
Seeker will head up along the Most High Buffet Table, bowing to practically everybody as he passes
Wallycaine, 7:51 pm
The Regent is sitting in a place of honor, near the stage and table. He's a jolly sort, and reasonably plump. He has a courtesan on his arm, and is watching the dancers as he eats and drinks from a green plate and goblet.
Jane Narbon, 7:50 pm
Seeker of Clarity is entering the main pavilion, which has been set up on the grounds inside the palace, surrounding the Imperial Manse. A sort of Most High Buffet Table has been set up here, along with a stage for entertainments. There are some fire-dancers on stage now.
Jane Narbon, 7:50 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:50 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:50 pm
Ki looks around, debating. What is the Regent doing?
chicgeek, 7:49 pm
.
Professor_Tinker, 7:47 pm
As Ki walks through the party, a group of older- and richer-looking Dragon-Bloods in a knot off to the side catch his eye. They have the slightly plump look of financiers, perhaps... or politicians. Over in the center of this room, a large knot of people are watching some entertainers. And he sees the inevitable accretions of youngish, female Dynasts scattered all over.
Jane Narbon, 7:46 pm
Interesting.
Professor_Tinker, 7:46 pm
(ok, thanks for the heads up)
Hawkwolf, 7:46 pm
(OK, I'm going to be jumping focus a lot. If I mention another character's name, such as "So-and-so sees"— that's a character jump. Sorry for the uncertainty, but this should let people come up with things to say while other people are saying their own pieces.)
Jane Narbon, 7:44 pm
No, no one's sure! A few people have seen it— it's on display in another room of the Palace. Apparently, it's a large, complex amulet of some sort.
Jane Narbon, 7:43 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:43 pm
any loose rumors on waht the first age object supposed to be?
Hawkwolf, 7:42 pm
noted
Hawkwolf, 7:41 pm
Ki-Tsune wanders through the party, with a ready smile and a smooth line of talk. Nods, polite greetings, moving around the area. Keeping an ear open for interesting conversation, and a practiced eye on the attendees. Their outfits, acoutremonts, demeanor.
chicgeek, 7:41 pm
You even hear of a small scandal involving House Cynis... okay, apparently, they're devoted hedonists, so that sort of thing is quite common. Never mind. False alarm. ^^
Jane Narbon, 7:40 pm
You hear that Mnemon, the elder daughter of the Empress, has been less politically active than normal lately, despite her obvious desire for power.
Jane Narbon, 7:39 pm
ok
Hawkwolf, 7:39 pm
There's the usual sort of speculation about Fokuf and the Scarlet Throne. It's been about a year and a season now, and everybody is amazed he's lasted this long.
Jane Narbon, 7:38 pm
You make small talk— technically, you outrank a good deal of them. There's not much information to be found, but you do hear a few rumors.
Jane Narbon, 7:38 pm
You're on the outskirts of the party, Hawk. Most of these people are dragon-blooded of varying statures.
Jane Narbon, 7:37 pm
[Sorry I forgot to tell anybody before.]
Jane Narbon, 7:37 pm
Was not gonna do that Jane, don't worry
Hawkwolf, 7:37 pm
(Its not your fault, sarah.)
Professor_Tinker, 7:37 pm
[It's OK, Sarah! Just making sure everything goes smoothly.]
Jane Narbon, 7:36 pm

Sarah McLaren, 7:36 pm
[OK. Regarding what Sarah said, the rest of you: please don't say which role you are; also, plz don't metagame with the spilled info.]
Jane Narbon, 7:36 pm
heh ok. Then I will start with the nearest person and start from there
Hawkwolf, 7:35 pm
Of course you do! You recognize many people— you're the ambassador for the Haslanti League, after all.
Jane Narbon, 7:35 pm
The Seeker and Ki-tsune will enter the party, looking around. After a quick whispered conversation, they split up, the Seeker heading closer to the Regent...
Wallycaine, 7:34 pm
Well a quick scan, before doing my rounds Do I reconize anyone?
Hawkwolf, 7:34 pm
yey? hehe
Hawkwolf, 7:33 pm
All right. Since Chic and Wally seem to be debating what to do... ah, what the heck, let's start with Hawkwolf.
Jane Narbon, 7:33 pm
Okay... again, sorry!
Sarah McLaren, 7:32 pm
[It's just, some characters' goals may be at odds with others'.]
Jane Narbon, 7:32 pm
[It's okay.]
Jane Narbon, 7:32 pm
*mope*
Sarah McLaren, 7:31 pm
I am going to make my rounds the Gala, greeting people in a polite manner, but not staying with one person too long for now
Hawkwolf, 7:31 pm
Sorry, I'm new at this! Sorry!
Sarah McLaren, 7:31 pm
[Sarah: You're not supposed to SAY that you're... oh, forget it.]
Jane Narbon, 7:30 pm
The assassin needs t complte her mission, and the first thing to do would be to ascertain the position of her target by talking with party goers in a natural and unsuspicious manner.
Sarah McLaren, 7:28 pm
This humble Emissiary would like to take a walk or two around he grand gala, to make note of who is here, what they are doing, and interesting conversation. He so enjoys these kinds of events.
Professor_Tinker, 7:27 pm
give me a moment to think
Hawkwolf, 7:26 pm
(Everyone: Please give a one- or two- sentence idea of what you want to do first, and I'll pick someone to focus on to begin.)
Jane Narbon, 7:26 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:26 pm
What do you do?
Jane Narbon, 7:26 pm
The Gala is ready, as you feel the air thicken around you, as four random words appear in your mind.
Jane Narbon, 7:25 pm
Several of you have just entered the central areas Palace, from various directions. Each of you has an agenda, a goal. And, although none of you can see it, momentous things are happening tonight.
Jane Narbon, 7:25 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:24 pm
((.))
Dr. Geneve Beard, 7:24 pm
The party has begun. And you, five characters, are part of it.
Jane Narbon, 7:24 pm
But, in truth, any party is a chance for intrigue.
Jane Narbon, 7:23 pm
Its ostensible purpose is to celebrate the unearthing of a new artifact of the First Age.
Jane Narbon, 7:23 pm
24 Resplendent Earth, a grand party— an Imperial Gala— is being held at the Imperial Palace.
Jane Narbon, 7:23 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:23 pm
.
chicgeek, 7:23 pm
And it is part of the ordinary running of the realm that tonight, this day,
Jane Narbon, 7:22 pm
It is, for the most part, business as usual. Grossly inefficient business, but still as usual.
Jane Narbon, 7:22 pm
Today, the Realm continues to move... bumpily, as cut-throat politics is the order of the day.
Jane Narbon, 7:21 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:21 pm
*wince*
Professor_Tinker, 7:21 pm
Of course, that didn't stop various persons and factions from wanting the Scarlet Throne to themselves, but that's another story entirely.
Jane Narbon, 7:20 pm
However, the Realm was able to function... to some extent.
Jane Narbon, 7:20 pm
Fokuf proved to be a terrible leader. He agrees with anything said to him, signs anything put before him, and spends most of his time in his rooms, contemplating the Immaculate Texts.
Jane Narbon, 7:19 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:18 pm
After a significant time of absence, the Dynasts— the Dragon-Blooded— choose someone to rule in her stead. This was Regent Fokuf.
Jane Narbon, 7:18 pm
Several years ago, the Scarlet Empress retreated into the depths of the Imperial Manse, inside the Imperial Palace, and simply... vanished.
Jane Narbon, 7:17 pm
,
Sarah McLaren, 7:17 pm
Or, at least, she did.
Jane Narbon, 7:17 pm
And, at the center of the Imperial City, at the pinnacle of Realm Society, with all the force and cunning she can bring to bear, rules the Scarlet Empress.
Jane Narbon, 7:15 pm
the Imperial City.
Jane Narbon, 7:15 pm
And at its center,
Jane Narbon, 7:15 pm
Ruled by the Dragon-Blooded, the Realm stretches hundreds upon hundreds of miles, and works to expand its borders every day.
Jane Narbon, 7:15 pm
The Realm. Presently, the largest Empire in Creation.
Jane Narbon, 7:14 pm
~~~~~~~~~~
Jane Narbon, 7:14 pm
Chejop Kejak: "Nara-O... ?"
Jane Narbon, 7:14 pm
.
Wallycaine, 7:14 pm
Chejop Kejak: "What do you mean, Nara-O?"
Jane Narbon, 7:13 pm
(I remember that)
Hawkwolf, 7:13 pm
Nara-O: "It wasn't the answer I thought."
Jane Narbon, 7:13 pm
Nara-O: "Whether you would prefer a better world, or one less interesting."
Jane Narbon, 7:13 pm
Nara-O: "Just the answer to the question I asked you earlier—"
Jane Narbon, 7:13 pm
Nara-O: "Nothing."
Jane Narbon, 7:12 pm
a lot of info to take in right away XD
Hawkwolf, 7:12 pm
.
Hawkwolf, 7:12 pm
Chejop Kejak: "...what are you getting at?"
Jane Narbon, 7:11 pm
Great!
Sarah McLaren, 7:10 pm
Okay, let's begin.
Jane Narbon, 7:08 pm


A few fun bits of info:

• Every character had a B (secondary) plot, but only one of the characters got to see theirs aired. Here's what the plots were:

The Master - suddenly gets hit with love-at-first-sight when he meets the Haslanti Ambassador, his bonded Lunar mate.
The Ambassador - would have had to rescue a youth who was about to Exalt Lunar at the party.
The Sidereal - would have been requested to make off with the First Age artifact.
The Assassin - would have been consistently impeded by that kid who was following her around, spouting romantic nonsense— only for it to turn out that he was a white veil fanboy, and for him to beg her to let him join.

The Fake's B plot was the only one that actually saw the light of day. When someone tried to pick his pocket, the Fake would meet a beautiful possible-partner-in-crime.
I must admit that I really had fun with Ki-tsune and Cat. I think I'm going to have to bring them back, someday.

_________________
"My conscience is feeling all prickly."
"A bit of absolute power can remedy that."
Kid Radd


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums