Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dusk's path...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am
Posts: 4538
Location: Burnsville
As the Heroes are split, so are their stories. What has happened to Dusk while the rest of the group is away?


Quote:
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 am » Ok. Lemme post this up
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 am » Yup! That's when everyone starts meeting back up!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 am » I did. Saturday is going to be fun.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 am » Glad you liked it...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:01 am » This was exciting.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am » It gives her less time to be miserable, anyway. :)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am » Nah, let's just have Dusk crumple to the ground in a heap.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am » If you're ok with it, I'd say just knocks you out for story purposes. Sorry, Chic. We can play it out if you want
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 am » For the moment, I'm going to rule that since it's attacking someone while they're fleeing is pretty ruthless, and since this is gonna all be bashing damage...
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 am » Well...
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 am » .
Jane Narbon « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:55 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 am » All right, he's lobbing evil mjolnir at me. Roll to hit, dodge, or just say he knocks me out for story purposes?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 am » (heh, never heard of an Akuma either)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 am » (Akuma being people who have sold their souls to demons for power)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 am » (She MIGHT think he's an Akuma, which is pretty close to accurate anyway)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 am » (No. No one's heard of an Infernal. Period. They're unprecidented)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 am » He's taking his massive hammer and throwing it at her as she retreats.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 am » (Okay, has Dusk ever heard of an Infernal?)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:50 am » (Chat froze again, but seems to be okay now)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 am » Well, Dusk will attempt to run, again.If I can't flee, I defend at a 2 die penalty, it says.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am » Okay, it's working again.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am » Lucent frowns. "You try to help someone and this is how it goes? Alright, I guess I gotta knock you out."
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am » testing
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am » ... that sounds like a dresden files weapon... something butters would make.)
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 am » infeeeeeeernal!!!!!!! *baps with a foam sword filled with holy water*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 am » Ok... Dusk's literal shadow rises up from the ground to grab at her and attempt to hold her, but she's too quick for it and she manages to evade it. He sighs.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:45 am » Yup.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:44 am » Eclipse? And he's glowing green?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:44 am » four
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:44 am » Please roll your integrity plus essence.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 am » Roll the dice for it. His anima banner is showing off brightly, and a large green eclipse caste mark is emblazoned on his head
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 am » Okay, it's 1 integrity and 3 essense.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 am » Dusk stumbles, tears she can't stop blinding her. It's all hopeless, all the suffering and death, and her puny egfforts can't change it..
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 am » Ok. he's using a charm. What's Dusk's Essence score + Integrity?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 am » Dusk dodges his hand, and RUNS! Somewhere, anywhere.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:38 am » Ok... He's sheathing a humoungous hammer along his back and reaching to grab your hand. "Hey now. Don't be that way. We're on the same side, after all. All I want is World Peace. Or a Piece of the World. Hee hee. Here, I'll lead you to a place you can be nice and alone for a while, ok?"
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 am » Dusk gets to her feet, shakily. "Leave me alone!" And she turns to flee.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 am » "Eh, I don't mind minding you while you recover."
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 am » (Okay, it says I try to avoid human contact, soo-)
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 am » ooooooooh dear....
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 am » Dusk: "l..leave me alone!"
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 am » He's going to bend over to gaze at Dusk. "Hm. I wish I could say this fit in with my plan. Now, to take advantage of this opportunity, or to let you here to be eaten by a Grue?"
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 am » And the man wearing the starmetal boots, the man Mei introduced to you in Chiascuro as Lucent, walks towards Dusk, his anima banner glowing with all the light of a green sun... "Well what have we here?"
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 am » Dusk: "hopeless...it's all hopeless..."
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 am » The fight takes a while, until the Abyssal is slain.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 am » A grim melee plays out before her as the two Exalts fight.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 am » Dusk's eyes widen in shock and horror at the scene before her. She knew the Abysalls were depraved, but this! She falls to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 am » Ok... well, at this point, Dusk is overcome with the horrable barbarism of the world and her inabilty to sooth it.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:28 am » Eh, Dusk will embrace it, since you aren't going to kill her. What else happens, happens.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:27 am » A "day", which I'm defining as 12 hours for the purposes of this story. For the reference, Shun used about that long in his side-story, and Wei's already used 6.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:26 am » Heh, no social or mental abilities or charms? Fuun. Okay, if I embrace it, how long am I out of action? It says for a period of time I'm ruled by my flaw, but what is it?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 am » Then tell me if you're resisting the Limit Break or embracing it
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am » I'm not that vindictive
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am » Go refresh your knowledge of the condition... I will say that no matter what happens here, the outcome of this, even if you're entirely subdued, will not end up with Dusk dying just because you hit limit break
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 am » Yep!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 am » Oh dear... that's... umm.... that's a limit break right there
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 am » (don't be sorry, it's all part of the story!)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 am » One.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 am » ShunOOC: oh for F's sake! *goes on a long angry rant in the corner about abyssals*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 am » Sure!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 am » Er, sorry to do this to you twice in one night, Chic, but it's been established that these guys are using mortals as "essence batteries"... and I really dind't take into account your 1 remaining point of limit...sorry... roll essence?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:19 am » At this point, the Drummer, who is seemingly losing, is using a charm. Reaching a hand over to one of the mortals held behind him, his palm glows with a black light as the mans' blood is literally ripped out of him and into the Drummer's mouth. The mortal is dead.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:19 am » ShunOOC: evidently. *cuddles*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 am » DuskOOC: *musses Shun's hair* So, hanging around with you is paying off?
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 am » ShunOOC: there ya go! that's how you make an entering quip!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 am » Dusk smiles cheerily. "Can I play too, or is this invitation only?"
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 am » Eh, it happens.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 am » Sorry, Chic.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 am » Sigh, I roll a 5, and the reroll is a botch. The die roller is having fun with me.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 am » Oh dear... not only does it go wide, but it attracts attention to you. Both the Drummer and the Mystery man look over at you for a moment.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 am » A botch.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 am » No charms this time, jsut tossing it.And I rolled before your post about a one die penalty appeared.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 am » So you'd take a 1 die penalty on any throw. What are you doing?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:06 am » Okay, then.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:05 am » Ok... it's an unexpected attack, but you're throwing into a battle that's moving quickly, as the Drummer strikes the man in the face, the man grimmacing in pain as a tooth is dislodged
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:05 am » Wait-she hesitates.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am » Dusk pulls out her war boomerang and takes aim. She'll try to hit the drummer.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:03 am » They don't appear to notice you just yet. What are you doing?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:03 am » Nope.. he's a tall lanky man with soulsteel drumsticks he's using like bokens, and drum-armor. Very absurd, with shaggy hair and an annoying nose.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 am » Is the Abysall one I've seen before?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 am » Dusk: *Okay, no telling who he is, but he';s fighting an Abyssal, soo...*
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 am » ShunOOC: ohhhhhhhh, cool
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 am » Ok... because the last thing you see in the room is a tall man, wearing starmetal boots, as well as a variety of other mix and matched artifacts, locking blades with an Abyssal as ghosts swarm and hold several humans around him.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 am » Any sign of who came through?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 am » back
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 am » Lemme know when you're back
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 am » Very recent. The cordial hasn't dried at all. If you had to guess, you'd say this was the source of the boom you found earlier.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 am » brb, refilling my soda.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 am » Does the disarry look old, or recent?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 am » The entire room is in a state of disarray. Lab tables and beds have fallen over, surgical implements that haven't been used in decades are scattered around, Sweet Cordial lays spilled on the ground, and....
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 am » Dusk: *Looks around-any sign of life? people, animals, ect?*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 am » Medical is interesting, because it must have at one point been a very sterile, clean enviroment, built right at ground level near a hatch that allows you outside. This hatch was only recently unlocked by another Adventurer wandering the Manse... and it's now noteworthy because it has an enormous crack torn through it, large enough for a man to walk through, and glowing with green fire.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:50 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:44 am » Ok... Medical is... one second
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:44 am » It's entirely silent in the room, Dusk.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 am » Dusk: Ini-Cthon, am I still out of your perception? *whispers*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:42 am » Dusk: Well, might as well mosey on. *goes to Medical-quietly*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:40 am » Ok... well, Dusk doesn't find anything tremendously interesting except a plaque with a beastiary on it, listing the variety of animals that were once kept here... including things that are clearly extinct now, such as "Displacer Beasts" and "Target-Bellied Biologist Taunters"
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 am » Heh, I cannot roll tonight.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 am » Yeah, I have a 1st excell. in investigation, but as you've said, I've spent a wee bit of essence already.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:36 am » 1.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am » Make an investigation + Perceptoin check
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am » The worker demon looks up at Dusk, skittering on six legs. "Yosh, ya weggin' piker." And then it moves off to feed something that looks like a panther with tentacles sprouting out of tis' back some chow.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am » Dusk: *poking around to see if there's anything interesting here before skedadling*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am » Dusk looks around the room before she leaves. She walks up to a worker demon. "So, is it the Manse itself that you work for?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:33 am » What does Dusk do>?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 am » There's a door to the northwest, which the other ghost fleed from, and there's a lot of stuff in here... there's also another door to the immediate north, reading "This way to Medical."
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 am » *is a larger one, with a number of cages for habitats with animals in them. Mundane worker demons, all wearing these odd green-metal collers trudge around, carrying food, bowls of water, etc
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 am » Dusk: *collects her weapons, quickly*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 am » The room you're in is a large
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 am » Yeah, itjust got knocked out of one, and I lobbed the second, so moving on to my 3 +1 daggers now until I can grab a boomerang back.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 am » The ghost minion's dead.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 am » If it hit, it's 2L.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:27 am » Wait, I only had two boomrangs, but I do have a fine quality dagger with the same +1 bonus, so roll's unchanged.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:26 am » ok.. normally this would be a miss? But in the interest in time and since you've wasted a LOT of essence, I'm going to say the ghost is unexpected since it's still stunned. Taking aggrivated damage from holy attacks cancels a possession, whcih stuns a ghost, so this is unexpected anyway
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:25 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:25 am » 1 success.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:24 am » Ok.. good luck!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 am » Dusk: *Same thing-boomerang and enemy castigating*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 am » Go again!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 am » Ok... it's not hard to hit a boomerang. You strike it, and the clash of metal against metal resounds throughout the room. The ghost shakes and shouts and sputters as it's forced out of your boomerang. This incidentally takes it's action away.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 am » thrown 3 dex 3 acc.1 Four Successes.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 am » Ok... make your roll
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 am » Dusk will caste the enemy castigating solar judgement for 2 motes-page 192, ghosts count-and try to hit it with the other boomerang.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 am » Dusk:*Yelps!*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 am » Back.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 am » 1 Success, Dusk takes 1 lethal
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 am » Ah... so that plus it's strength of 3... 7 plus the raw of 2 is 9... reduced by your soak to 3 dice.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 am » I need to move this to another room so I can concentrate, just one moinute.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 am » 4L
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 am » Ok. So it hits with 2 successes. What's the things' damage?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:10 am » 3
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:10 am » What's your dodge?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 am » okay my soak, lethal or bashing is six.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 am » ...five successes
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 am » Ok... so it has 6 dice
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 am » +1
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 am » Not great odds...what's it's accuracy?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 am » Ok... it's counted as a normal attack, so I use it's thrown + the weapons accuracy bonus plus it's dexterity...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 am » eep! Dusk ducks.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 am » Ok... then it can possess it for a number of turns as long as it keeps spending essence. The boomerang is going to fly at Dusks' head
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 am » Wei made them...yeah, looks normal.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 am » The war boomerang is just a normal steel one, right?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 am » The one ghost, empowered by blood, is going to possess the war boomerang you hold and start chasing Dusk with it. The other one is absconding
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 am » Are the ghosts going to flee, or attack me? That may color her actions.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 am » If he was still alive, I'd try to fight the ghost, but...*shrug*
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:59 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:59 am » The poor guy's already dead, and I don't know if I can hurt a ghost. And, 2 valor. Abscond.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 am » Ok. It's your go. Attack or abscond?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 am » It's confusing, I read the line saying 'when the character's limit reaches, 10, he suffers what is known as a Limit Break.' I'll study this later when we aren't in the m iddle of a game, if ypou say it's fine, it's fine. Dusk will take action!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 am » You dind't gain any limit
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 am » Provided someone else whose helpless and/or innocent doesn't get hurt, you're fine
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:55 am » Okay, I thought once I took all my limit...I see, I misunderstood this. Hasn't come up in game for me before. Sorry.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:55 am » yes. That means you're still normal
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:54 am » er Dusk. you didn't limit break...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 am » Okay, I'm reading the page now, to see what I CAN do.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 am » Dusk: *sobbing uncontrollably*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 am » Ok. The one ghost that's not fleeing is feasting on the mortal guy's blood. What is Dusk doing?
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 am » ShunOOC:*phew*
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 am » So, luckily for Dusk, you don't get limit-broke!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » Ooh....
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » Counterintuitive, I know
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » Every time you roll a SUCCESS you gain limit
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » *limit
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » Um... that's... that's actually good. It means you don't gain any willpower.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am » Okay, I have Heart of Tears.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 am » Failue.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 am » Heh, it had to happen sometime.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am » Well, roll Essence. You might luck out and not gain any
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am » ...oh shoot. Um, I wish I could say I evilly planned this
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am » Nope. That will do it, I only had 1 left, for the longest time.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am » Er... Chic, I hate to say it, but that's a limit check for you, isn't it? Fortunately, you have a lot of time left before your limit break comes into play, right?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am » It got one success... the mortal, who was an extra, is dead.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am » (I have to confess, I'm curious who Henshin will run in to)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 am » No. The ghosts were factored into the combat, just they were holding any actions becuase they weren't ordered to take any combat actions. They were following their last orders, so they were largely irrevalent.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 am » Poor blood donor dude.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 am » His soak is a 2 verses lethal, so...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 am » *nods* After that, do we need to roll initiative again?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 am » 3 successes. It hits.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 am » Er... unfotunately, it attacks first.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 am » Dusk: Crap! *She'll go for the one attacking the dude, of course*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 am » Ok, she's asleep... and the hungry ghosts, without a master, are going to act on instinct. The first one is going to bite at the man's neck, trying to get blood to convert into essence. The second one is going to stop hunting for keys and start hissing while trying to escape from you.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 am » Dusk jumps at the boom, then shakes her head and walks over to her. She swiftly collects her dagger and boomerang first.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:41 am » Ok... you don't notice anything. If it's any consolation, neither did she.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 am » rolled 8, got 1 success.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 am » Ok... she failed. She falls asleep, just as the building shakes and there's a loud boom
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 am » Make a wits + perceptoin check, by the way
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 am » Well, she rolled 3 successes, but she can channel her temperance on this... she's going to have to, even though it only gives her one die.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 am » I mean, dusk isn't sighing with relief yet if she's not asleep, was premature.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am » ess,ence in damage 2
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am » Ok... why?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am » Wait on that!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am » Dusk: *sags with relief, then goes over to Diva*
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am » Ok... her soak is established already, so roll your base essence in damage while I set up her roll to see if she resists the sleep
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am » So you just BARELY hit with the dagger! Congrats!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am » internet is being a bit slow...but at least it's till here.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 am » 1.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 am » , no, sorry,
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 am » Anyway... so did you roll?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 am » Ah. I see.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 am » Nah, just 'do you want chips, mom? We're making a snack run' and stuff like that.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 am » Har de har har.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 am » I don't wanna get in the way of your personal life.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 am » Ah... I hope we're not interrupting anything private, Chic.... ><
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am » I can't see it being anything else under the circumstances. Mark a channel off your sheet and burn 1 willpower.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am » Sorry, someone was distracting me, despite repeated 'shush, not nows!' They have been mildly chastised.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am » Channel valor, then
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am » yes.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:30 am » Ok... so just barely a miss... would you like to channel your willpower?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:30 am » (Suggested music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5aZ0Pdr ... D0033C601C)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:29 am » 9.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 am » 6 extra dice, 3 dex, 3 thrown, 1 for weapon bonus.13 dice. I will be more careful, Zobot.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 am » ShunOOC: bah.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 am » If you succeed, the explosion won't prevent her from falling asleep, though
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 am » okay, a moment to recheck the numbers.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 am » At this point. Immediately after Dusk's action. there's a large booming sound from elsehwhere in the Manse, oddly very near where you are. Shun slept through it, the loon.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 am » Be more careful on your math, Chic. While I'm letting you reroll this time, from now on, I'm going to insist that any dice rolls stick
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 am » okay.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 am » I messed up, Z-should have added 6, not 10 dice. reroll or not?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 am » She's a Diva. A performer. But I WILL demand that you re-roll that.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am » (Sorry, had a spill I had to clean up)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am » So I should have rolled 15. Well, up to Z, I'll abide by his decision.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am » or at the very least, less essence used.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am » yeah. well... maybe that'll equal a reroll? ^.^;
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:23 am » You're right, I just reread it.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:23 am » you have a dex of 3 and thrown of 3, I think the max that can be added is 6 dice. let me check. brb
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 am » Well, I could be wrong. I couldn't see where it said how many I could use.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 am » just a quick question though: adding 10 dice with the first excellency? I'm not sure you could add that many....
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 am » Yeah, I know.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 am » it happens Chic. unfortunately enough.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 am » 19 dice, and a measly 5.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 am » Sigh. 5 successes.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am » dodge of 10? O.O
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am » Brb! Go ahead and roll
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am » *nods* Okay to roll now? (Dusk is really hoping to put her to sleep and end this quickly)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 am » Flitting Shadow Form for 1, to ignore the dodge penalty her attack gave her. So she's at her full dodge of 10.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 am » Okay.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 am » She's using a charm in defense. She doesn't have a perfect defense, but...
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 am » Yes. One sec on rolling, though.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am » dex 3 thrown 3 acc.bonus 1 , and 10 dice for 1st excell. for 19 dice-does that sound right?
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am » ShunOOC:*fingers crossed for Dusk*
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 am » .
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am » Well, if she doesn't take her out right away, she's toast.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am » ...That's an impressive attack
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am » If so, I use a combo. Enemy castigating, 1st excell. in thrown, and durability of oak. Cost 6 motes and 1 wp for combo, plus -hmm, 1 die per mote spent? I'll spend an additional 10 .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:12 am » And it'd take forever to heal
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:12 am » Which means sh'ed have only half soak against it.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:10 am » Yes, it makes any damage you deal aggrivated against her
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 am » 205
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:08 am » what page is it on?
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:07 am » ShunOOC: Fair rnough *hugs*
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:07 am » No, Dusk will pull her Gossamer dagger out, and -question-will enemmy castigating solar judgementy do anything to an abyssal?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am » DuskOOC: Hush, Shun-I don't have levels in snark.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am » Are you just gonna mock her? That would be a performance + manipulation if you wanted to do it in battle. or are you just pulling a shun
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am » ShunOOC:...must. not. snark. my. wife. for. bad. snark.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am » And with that, Dusk will cast something. just sec.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 am » Dusk: Yeah, real tough chick. You always need to have someone hold down your foes for you? *she clucks like a chicken) B'Kwah!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 am » Ok... The ghosts, hvaing not been ordered to do anything, are remaining docile. Dusk's turn
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 am » "Um... I'm not, like, even sure how cutting a Z on his shirt is possible when I was trying to stab his stomach!"
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am » ...and while she DID stab him, she rolled 0 successes. So miraculously, she stabbed at his shirt and left a Z torn inot it. It would be impressive if she had done it on purpose, but doing it on accident just makes her look bad.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am » So she has 1 raw damage, and her dagger adds 4... minus his unarmored soak of 2... so she's got 3 dice
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am » Oy, vey...
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am » ...and hits with 4 successes, as his DV was a three.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 am » Ok... she growls. "Ugh, gag me. You think you're some kind of hero? You think you're saving anyone? I can still drink his blood if he's dead." She takes one of her knives and stabs at him, as the ghost holds him.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 am » 4. This may have been a mistake..ah, well!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 am » She got 6 successes
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am » Ok... roll for Join Battel!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 am » Ok. She takes one lethal damage and narrows her eyes as a slice appears along her face.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 am » 1.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am » Eep. Okay.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am » So reroll
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am » Er... that's not actually necessary, chic. Her soak is greater than your weapon damage, so you just roll Dusk's essence in dice.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 am » Her soak, which is currently 12L
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:55 am » Botch!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:54 am » Yup. your str + weapon damage + raw successes verses her soak.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:54 am » Dusk: Unless he's really kinky and into that kind of thing, you're out of line. No draining the mortals.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 am » Dusk: Back off, Fang face
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:52 am » + 4 lethal weapon bonus. let's see, my str + weapon damage now, right?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:51 am » Diva-Abyssal: What the-ow, hey!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:51 am » Wow.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:51 am » Shockingly enough, since her DV is 0 for unexpected attacks, you hit anyway, with one success
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am » That roll sucked.Rolling again for the boomerang return. (If I m iss, another des + thrown, 3 or more, lands in my hand, less, it curves back within 3 yards of me)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 am » (She did. The other ghost is moving off. But it's still in the room)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 am » (Okay, I want to stay in character here. I've only got 2 valor, but I'm thinking with her 3 compassion, she can't just watch her kill that dude-and she doesn't know if she's killing him or not, but that bite...)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 am » Dusk grits her teeth. Wei would charge right in with his big sword and lop her in half. Shun would announce himself with a snark, and proceed to wipe the floor with her. IBut if she can get off a hit sneakily, she'll take it. (Didn't she tell one ghost to leave and search for a key?)
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 am » .
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 am » Its' considered an unexpected attack, so make a roll. She has a 0 DV for this. But she's got two war ghosts with her...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:43 am » Dusk has her boomerang in hand, so she's throwing it.dex 3 thrown 4 +1 accuracy. Anything for catching her by surprise/
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 am » Ok... Dusk sees a ghost pushing a rather meek looking mortal towards what looks to be a younger girl with black hair, pulled out into pigtails. She has two knives, both soulsteel, strapped to her back, and she's wearing formfitting Soulsteel Lamellar armor as well. There's an anima banner glowing around her, of deep purple and black light... flickering like a candle, as she opens her mouth to bare fangs... and bites.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:33 am » ,
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 am » She got two. So you beat her. Give me a sec
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 am » Lets see.. verses her perception plus awareness check...
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:28 am » 3 succeses.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am » Ok. Make a stealth + Dexterity check
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:25 am » Dusk: *tiptoes closer, being as quiet as possible.* She thinks, "I really wish Wei was here. Or Shun. Or...but no use wishing. Some poor soul may need help.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 am » "Gah. Why can't people all just live in shadowlands so I don't have to waste so much energy?"
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 am » "Grr... sheesh, that's all four Robo-Ocelots, at least. What kind of lunatic grafts iron legs to ocelots, anyway? At least while they're alive. Dead ocelots would be more interesting. Honestly, keeping monsters from killing people is harder work than those Sunny-headed lawgivers make it look! Ok, I need some essence. One of you bring the guy over here, I gotta make a withdrawal. Other ghost whose name I can't be bothered to remember, look for the Sun Key. It should be somewhere around here and Child said we needed it to descend anyway." is what Dusk hears from up ahead
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:20 am » Heck, 2-3 years ago, we got hurricane force winds-this far inland!-and lost power for a week, so many lines were down. But that was exceptional.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 am » We get pretty severe thunderstorms, next step below a tornado.
Demothesis « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 am » you get sirens for thunderstorms? dang, we don't even get sirens for tornados. you just have to pay attention to weather radios.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 am » We just tend to lose power at leats temporarily during these things, but maybe we'll be lucky this time.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 am » Just severe thunderstorms, no tornado alerts. This time. We'll see. Onward!
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 am » Oh no!
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 am » Hey, bad weather sirens are going off. If I disappear, I've lost power.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 am » Got you. In anyway event... that's enough to hear what's going on. Give me a sec to type it out.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am » So 3.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am » Okay, after the first roll, it popped up with a 'could not insert roll' message, that's why I rerolled. then both rolls showed up.
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 am » (Heh, I bet Castle Heterodyne's is!)
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 am » Ok... as you walk down towards Medical, you begin to pass by large blue pipes going down into the floor benath you, reading "Repulsion Gel" in blue lettering. They appear to be piping some sort of liquid around them, and one of them is leaking a blue ooze on the floor nearby. As you get near the entrance to Medical/Biological, make a perception + awareness check
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:09 am » (I promise it's not like that.)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 am » (Although the disposal makes me think of that scene from Star Wars)
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 am » Dusk: Ew. Neither sounds promising...guess I'll go right, towards medical.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 am » Hey, which way?
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 am » Ok. The sign reads "<====== Vats/Disposal | Medical/Biological ======>"
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am » Yes.
Professor Zobot « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am » The door opens into a large hallway that carries Dusk down to a branch in the road. There's two paths, one going left and one going right. There's also a sign, etched in ancient runes, that elaborates more on each directoin. Does Dusk read old Realm?
chicgeek « Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am » .
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm » Cool. Ok... back to the session!
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm » Got it. I did mark the motes off on my sheet from that session, just didn't have the stats.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 pm » it's a natural sleep that can be woken back up from, but the effect is supernatural and cannot be defeated unless the victim spends 2 points of willpower.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 pm » Attunement cost is 3 motes, and may be attuned to by anyone at all. For the purpose of stats with the dagger, it's considered a knife in the Exalted book (The nonmagical version) But with an added feature: Anyone stabbed or cut by it must make an Integrity + Stamina check with a success threshold of 4 or falll asleep instantly.
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm » Ok... the door opens up into a long hallway which- Oh? The dagger is... well, let me give you the rules for it
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm » (hey, Z, I know I have a Gossamer Dagger, and that it's used to put folks to sleep, but that's all I know about it)
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 pm » (hee, I likes it)
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 pm » Dusk: Yep. Sounds like Mei's precursor, all right. All righty then. Onward.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 pm » (If Ini-Shade gives off nostalgia for the Castle Heterodyne crossed with Xykon from The Order of the Stick, then I'm doing a good job. :-) )
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 pm » The door is locked, but slides open. As you pass through, Ini-cthon shade speaks up again. "Warning. You are entering a region of the Manse where I do not have any capacity to monitor or analyze you. Please be advised that absolutely no actions may be taken by this individual in your defense or to you detriment beyond this point, even if it would be really REALLY funny."
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 pm » Is the door locked or open?
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 pm » Dusk will keep her eyes and ears peeled, and walk forward. One of her war boomerangs is at her side, so if she needs to lob it quickly, it's ready.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 pm » Ok.. we join Dusk as she stands outside a door, the only way out of her current position, separated from her friends and with uncertainty her only companion
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 pm » Yep!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm » Awesome. Ok... ready?
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm » Would it be easier for you do the solo's one at a time instead of simultaneously? Doesn't matter to me.
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm » Got it.
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm » Okay, now to find the link to the new dice roller...
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 pm » back.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 pm » Take your time. Ill be juggling you and Wei at the same time anyway, since today's the most convenient day for both of ya
chicgeek « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 pm » Just a minute and I will be.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:17 pm » So ready to do Dusks' thing?

_________________
We've learned a lot, but this still isn't going to be easy. But I don't think the elder star's confidence in us was misplaced. I know we can do this! We'll set things right! ...somehow.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums