Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fuzzy's path...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

As the Heroes are split, so are their stories. What has happened to Fuzzy while the rest of the group is away?

Quote:
Zobot: Ok... so we join Fuzzy standing outside a door, as everyone else has left... Fuzzy's alone outside a door.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *pokes door*
Zobot: The door slowly starts to creak oepn...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Huh. *peeks in to see if there is light*
madgirlkate: (...meep?)
Zobot: Ok... there's lgiht on the other side. A long hallway
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...huh. *starts walking down the hallway, looking at the walls to see if there is anything interesting on them*
Zobot: Ok... The walls themselves are actually rather interesting... they depict what appears to be an ancient war.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooooh... *distraction*
Zobot: Armies of men fight against what look to be landmasses... rivers, mountains, even forests and caves
Zobot: You can make a lore + intelligence check here if you wish
madgirlkate: (can I use invisible castle?)
Zobot: Use this:
Zobot: http://umbralechoes.com/ExaltedRoller.php
madgirlkate: (bleh...)
Zobot: What?
madgirlkate: 4 successes. And I like invisible castle better.
Zobot: Ah
madgirlkate: ...and I can actually explain why, in terms of UI design, at the same time knowing the umbralechoes one is better.
Zobot: Ok... why?
madgirlkate: Err... do you care? It's just a bunch of silly human folly things.
madgirlkate: And I could explain when we aren't in the middle of Exalted...
Zobot: I guess I like it just because it's fairly basic and straightforward and there's no hiding rolls
madgirlkate: *nods* I dislike it because I don't like the color choices, it doesn't feel streamlined (there are a ton of options I will never use) and because that broken image link really bugs me.
madgirlkate: ...anyway. Do my 4 successes get me anything?
Zobot: Ok... Well... Fuzzy has heard a few legends from the Lunar elders about a really really BIG war long ago where all the Exalted fought as one against terrible foes. The Demons of Malfeas, giant monsters who had enslaved the Gods.
Zobot: It seems like this would be depicting that war. Except the Exalted don't look... very heroic.
Zobot: If anything, it looks tragic. Like the big monsters were benig surprised and slaughtered
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooooh... alternate perspective history...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *continues down the hallway!* I wonder how Demons of Malfeas made the walls... it seems like they'd be too big to fit in the hallway...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *looks around for anything else interesting*
Zobot: "You could just ask me, you know." Says the Shade of Ini
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooh. How did they make the walls?
Zobot: (Brb, bio)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And did they really enslave the Gods, or is that just what we remember?
madgirlkate: (ok)
Zobot: "The Demons didn't make them. I made them. Or rather, the Manse did back when Autocthon was here."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooooh. So do you know the demons' side of the story?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And do you know if I'm walking into a trap or something? If so, I could pause so the conversation doesn't get interrupted.
Zobot: "The "Demons" side of the story is a secret. Can you be trusted not to tell anyone? At all?"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...probably not.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Especially if it's important they know.
Zobot: "Would you mind if I made sure you wouldn't? It's very interesting."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Umm... why shouldn't I tell anyone?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And how would you make sure I wouldn't?
Zobot: "You shouldn't tell anyone because a lot of this knowledge is best left forgotten by the world, and I can make sure you don't by invoking a brand of the Primordial of Law upon you."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Does that involve me being struck by lightning and killed if I mention it? I don't want to worry about dying if I talk in my sleep or something.
Zobot: "No. It just provokes you not to speak about it and specifically attempt to change the subject if anyone asks, unless you already know they know"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Can I tell people why I can't tell them?
Zobot: "It is... vague. You can tell them that you can't tell them."
Zobot: (...this is amusing)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ok! I can accept that.
madgirlkate: (I have fun with Fuzzy)
Zobot: "Alright. Commensing the Flayed Mark of Cecelyne." The ceiling above you slides open, as a small glowing stamp held in a spindly robotic hand slides down towards you
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ooooooh... *looks up at it*
Zobot: It lightly Baps Fuzzy on the head. Since she's willing, there's no risk. Fuzzy, for a brief moment, feels as if her entire body is wrapped in chains growing ever and ever tighter... then ti's immediately gone.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: O.o
Zobot: And then the glowing green brand vanishes. Fuzzy feels as if she suddenly will have trouble discussing whatever she's told about next.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *wonders if this means she won't be able to ask questions during the story*
Zobot: "Now dispensing valuable information... you may ask questions freely, little one. The Gods you venerate were created as slaves... made for specific purposes they had to perform and designed by the original creators of the world known as Creation, forged out of the Chaos of the Wyld. Their creators were known as the Primordials, ancient and powerful Wyld Entities who forsake the endless potential of that existance and became REAL. The Gods chafed under their chains and grew jealous of the Primordials, who lived lives of rest and bliss in a world of their own making."
Zobot: "Occasionally a continent was sunk or a mountain exploded, but it was all in good fun."
Zobot: "And I mean, you can just make more mortals, right?"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Wait, who was exploding mountains? Gods or Primordials?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And why did the Primordials create beings that wouldn't want to be slaves as their slaves?
Zobot: "The Primordials created Gods that could not raise their hands against them, but there are things you don't understand about the Primordials, because they are not as you are. The Primordials are beings defined by their natures, whereas you mortals are capable fo changing yours."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: It just seems like they could've made a better design if they wanted slaves... or was part of their nature not writing up design specs?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *trying to make sense of this*
Zobot: "Perhaps this would be more clear with an example. The Primordials didn't ever expect that their creations would even have a DESIRE to betray them. The gods were created before mortals were, and the Primrodials took steps in the design of the Gods to prevent them from even having the capacity to fight them if it came to conflict. The primordials never believed that anything given life and given existance would ever grow resentful of the circumstances around that gift. And in some cases, they were not wrong. But they made mistakes, in ways."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...why would they keep the gods from attacking them if it never occured to them the gods would WANT to attack them? Did they think they had bad aim or something?
madgirlkate: (I am soooooo gald I'm not trying to explain mythology to Fuzzy...)
Zobot: "So... here's that example. The Primordial known as the Shadow of all Things was/is a being defined by being the antagonist of all that he and his kind created. A being of pure evil, defined in story, as all beings of the Wyld are."
Zobot: "He created the god known as the Unconquered Sun, the paragon of all things considered "Good" in your world... specifically so that his own role in Creation as a presence of darkness would have context and relevance."
Zobot: "He created a being that would seek to ultimately bring about his demise"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...so he WAS expecting his creation to rebel against him?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *so confused*
Zobot: "...Ok. The short version: The Primordials created Gods to do their work for them. They made it in the design of the gods that the Gods were incapable of committing violence against them and gave them a drive to do their jobs. Even the Unconqured Sun had no capacity to rebel against the Shadow of All Things in a direct command, though they despised each other. The Primordials didn't believe their creations capable of rebelling agains them evne if they considered doing it, and this believed themselves safe. The first, they didn't think the Gods would, collectively, want them harmed. The second, they didn't believe there wsa any presence in their world that COULD harm them."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ok.
Zobot: "And for the most part, that was true. The Gods had no way of directly acting against the Primordials. Any resistance was futile."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *nods*
Zobot: "Then, one Primordial came to the greatest of the Gods and offered to give them a way to fight."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *thinks Primordials are weird*
Zobot: "That Primordial was known as Autocthon, the Greatest of Craftsmen, the Maker supreme, and the weakest of the Primordials, frail and sickly. He wished his brothers and sisters humiliated."
Zobot: "For the indignities inflicted upon him. For the bullying, the violence, and the constant breaking of everything he made."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *nods* And that was 'if you make mortals the mortals can totally bap everyone else, even if you can't', right?
Zobot: "That is correct. He gave them the secret of Exaltation."
Zobot: "The Primordials didn't konw what was happening. The first attack came so quickly and they never believed that any mortal COULD challenge them. And Autocthon realized his mistake."
Zobot: "The mortals had been the lowest of the low in the Primordials society. They were chattel, puppets, toys. They would never spare the Primordials in battle, never be happy with just driving them off or humiliating them."
Zobot: "Autocthon's vengence was taken too far before his eyes."
Zobot: "The first Primoridals died, and the shock of it created the first Shadowland, and with it, the Underworld, land of the Dead. A mockery and pale imitation of all Autocthon and his brothers and sisters had made. Autocthon began to grow terrified as in the center of the Underworld he saw a gaping Void, obliviating anything that came near it."
Zobot: "The slain Primordials were unable to cease existing, yet everything that apprached them was consigned to oblivion. Unable to stop living, unable to die. Thus this region of the Manse was created... a hall of memory. So Autocthon would never forget his shame. One of his final creations, the weapon Pennance, was meant to be used to lay them to final rest. But it was never completed."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *O.o*
Zobot: Autocthon grew distrustful of the Exalted, and thus he never went through with his plan of asking the Exalted to use Pennance and defeat the slain Primordials.
Zobot: "As for the remaining Primordials... the Exalted did not slay all of them... but the remaining ones were driven away from Creation, and parts of their very identity torn away from them and destroyed. Maddened... crazed... fallen."
Zobot: "No Primordial save Autocthon and Gaia herself escaped unscathed from the wrath of the Exalted. And that is the last of my story, little one."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: So wait, the Demons of Malfeas were the Primordials then, right?
Zobot: "...I didn't mention Malfeas, but... yes. That is correct. That is what they were once, yes."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And what was that about zombie primordials obliterating anyone who got close to them? And was Malfeas the guy who created the Unconquered Sun?
Zobot: "...you're remarkably unplussed by ancient secrets regarding the genesis of your entire world."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: What am I supposed to be plussed about? I can't do anything about it, and I'm not even sure which part I'm supposed to be freaking out about... except maybe a zombie primordial going through creation and destroying everything.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: And I don't think the point of the story was that I'm supposed to find Pennence and all that... so I dunno... I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be alarmed about. It all made sense and stuff... and it's SAD... but I can't do anything about it now.
Zobot: "You aren't heading towards Pennance anyway. You're heading towards Imprintings. Records of everything that this Manse has seen and everytihng it's ever made."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooooh... was there part fo the story I was supposed to freak out about, by the way? And you didn't answer my question about Malfeas...
Zobot: "No. Malfeas did not create the Unconquered Sun."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Are you gonna tell me who Malfeas was?
Zobot: "Malfeas was a blustery blowhard who was the Lord of the Primordials. What do you really want to know?"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I dunno... why you bothered to tell me this? Why you were suprised I mentioned Malfeas, when all the lunars called the Primordials the demons of Malfeas? Why we call them demons, when 'demon' generally connotates something with LESS power than a god?
Zobot: "Demon isn't the proper term for them anyway. Malefeas is a Primordial. Or a Yozi, if you must use a different term."
Zobot: "And the Lunars are prats who made up the term Demon to belittle their former adversaries."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Oooooh, ok...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...do you think I'm a prat?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I try not to be...
Zobot: "You're only a little prat. One who asks too many questions but is otherwise very pleasent to be around."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Aww... I'm sorry. I was curious.
Zobot: "Its ok. Can we go back to leading you inot a trap down memory lane now?"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Uh-huh!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *was gonna ask a question, but refrains!*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *walks down hallway*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *wondering how long this hallway is*
Zobot: (One sec. Posting Wei's story and then we get back to yours)
madgirlkate: (ok!)
Zobot: Sorry about that.
madgirlkate: It's ok. ^^
Zobot: So anyways... Fuzzy continues down the hallways, until she enters a large room covered in a translucent, crystalline structure. The entire room is made of a silvery translucent crystal you've never seen before, with Crystals floating in various alcoves, glowing faintly.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Wooooooow...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *looks around for the trap so she can go poke it*
Zobot: There is another exit down further south, in the same direction you entered in, and in one corner, a teeny catgirl skitters off carrying some of the crystals. Or maybe you're just seeing thigns.
madgirlkate: Hee hee hee...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *pokes a crystal*
Zobot: Sorry I'm being so slow. I'm juggling you and Jane and Tinker...
madgirlkate: Ahhhh. It's fine.
Zobot: So we may do this in two days.
madgirlkate: *nods* That's fine.
Zobot: Sorry.
Zobot: Have fun, at least?
madgirlkate: Yup!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *going to try to be less of a prat!*
Zobot: Hey, it's been established that the Ini-Shade-Manse is a bit of a crazy person
madgirlkate: ...it has?
Zobot: Er...sorry. In other people's logs.
madgirlkate: Aaaaah... I was gonna read them after my thing.
Zobot: You still can. Sorry...
madgirlkate: *nods*

To Be Continued! When I have the rest of the log!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: Fuzzy's path...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 pm 

Continued!

Quote:
madgirlkate: Ok, I'm home. And you're now in the middle of Demo's exalted thing.
madgirlkate: TIMING!
Zobot: Heh. We'll start yours in just 7 minutes...
madgirlkate: Ok!
madgirlkate: ...why am I in a chat room by myself?
madgirlkate: ...huh.
madgirlkate: Err... meef?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *pokes a floaty crystal*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *looks at Ini* ...ok, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. Where's the trap?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *hopes this will fall in the realm of Acceptable Questions*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *looks at it* ?
madgirlkate: Alright.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...buh?
madgirlkate: (eeeee!)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *confused*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *ooooh... useful thingy!*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *aaaand confused again*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *so confused... pokes another crystal to see if that helps*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *gonna keep poking crystals until things make sense, or the Ini spirit gets annoyed*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *O.O* WEI!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *eepeepeepeepeep*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *O.o*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Eepeepeep! Don't LEAVE!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...gah! *pokes another crystal*
madgirlkate: 3 successes
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Yeep!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *settles for attempting to catch*
madgirlkate: (errr... am I forgetting the existance of someone? *confused* )
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...hi? I'm Fuzzy...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...Fuzzy? ... *lightbulb* Are you a trap?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Yeah, but you got kidnapped by not-nice Abyssal-y people. So you could be a wolftrap.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: The same thing you are, except minus the being kidnapped by/cooperating with/being brainwashed by a group of Abyssals. I mean, I am here with an Abyssal, but- err, wait, I shouldn't tell you that.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: So did you notice the people you were travelling with kept having to steal people's blood and stuff?
madgirlkate: ...5
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: I TOLD you you were a trap.
madgirlkate: *amused*
madgirlkate: Awwww...
madgirlkate: Fair enough.
madgirlkate: Ok, I'm gonna go for warform (5 ticks). Umm... gimmie a sec to figure out all my 'gift' thingies.
madgirlkate: 12 motes- 5 for the transform, 3 for claws of the silver moon (best bonuses), 4 for halting the scarlet flow.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hy'm a polar bear, by de vay.
madgirlkate: (that's 12 peripheral, too, because glowy is fun)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...Polar bears un volves are friends sometimes.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyah, but ve're only tryink to stop hyu because hy're vorking for an evil guy.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Nooo, nooo. Dot Mask uff Vinters guy dot totally killed chust about everyvun in Thorns und raised dot huge juggernaut-y ting dot sqvished me.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: He's still evil.
madgirlkate: (...can you give me the stats for Fuzzy's lamellar armor? the ones I have written down don't match the ones in the book)
madgirlkate: Moonsilver lamellar.
madgirlkate: Aaaah. Ok. Thanks!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Couldn't hyu also stop workink for somevun evil? Is dot an option?
madgirlkate: (err... is she gonna attack or something?)
madgirlkate: (...eep)
madgirlkate: *nods* We can postpone,
madgirlkate: (even if it will make me pout :-P )
madgirlkate: Hey, I know you want to get everyone done.
madgirlkate: This is one of those things where I pout at the physical laws of the universe, because things don't work out but it isn't really anyone's fault.
madgirlkate: *hugs* I wanna know what HAPPENS.
madgirlkate: *shakes fist at time* :-P
madgirlkate: kk
madgirlkate: Ee!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Vell, it's not like hyu gave me any impression hyu ver being coerced or vhatnot.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy has a dodge of...6, minus 1 for her action, so 5?
madgirlkate: Wait, she hits?
madgirlkate: I thought the defender wins in a tie...
madgirlkate: Oooooh. That makes sense.
madgirlkate: Page 136.
madgirlkate: Or thereabouts.
madgirlkate: More than that.
madgirlkate: 15L, I think.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ow...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: No, no, hy tink dis is mostly Dusk und Baoshi. Und can't hyu chust take de liberal- ow!- interpretation of serve?
madgirlkate: (my attack?)
madgirlkate: (ok, Fuzzy automatically heals the point of lethal damage...)
madgirlkate: (they're more 'in charge' than Wei is)
madgirlkate: (I mean, sure everyone is interested, but if anyone is putting Fuzzy up to this, it'd more technically be Dusk and Baoshi than Wei)
madgirlkate: Ok, Fuzzy's going to do a 3-flurry punch. -3, -4, -5 gives 12, 11, 10 dice.
madgirlkate: Sounds good?
madgirlkate: 5 dex + 4 martial arts + 5 dex (from claws giving + dex to accuracy) + 1 dex (from it being a punch) = 15?
madgirlkate: Ok, her first attack gives 9 successes...
madgirlkate: ...don't we resolve them one at a time?
madgirlkate: Ok... 2 successes + 5 str + claws give 5 + 2 str = 14 raw damage
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ve match!
madgirlkate: Ok, claws are overwhelming, essence+1 minimum.
madgirlkate: So 5 minimum.
madgirlkate: (failure!)
madgirlkate: 3 successes, so miss...
madgirlkate: And 6 successes, so hit with one leftover...
madgirlkate: Minimum damage again.
madgirlkate: 2 successes
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *wonders if she should mention she got to marry her solar mate, or if that would be mean*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *thinks it would probably be mean*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyur turn.
madgirlkate: (punch is speed 5, by the way)
madgirlkate: (what kind of an attack was she doing?)
madgirlkate: Claw blow?
madgirlkate: *just a bit confused as to what is going on*
madgirlkate: Sure.
madgirlkate: ...can you remember what tick were're on and stuff? *is an airhead and liable to forget if she doesn't write it down*
madgirlkate: Ok, cool.
madgirlkate: Can you explain the claw thing, or are you too distracted? I'm curious.
madgirlkate: ...was there an errata?
madgirlkate: Oh... I just know there's a claws POX, and a talons MUTATION, and they both do the same thing, so I was trying to remember if you said something about the mutation having an errata that made it do extra damage, instead of switching from bashing to lethal for martial arts attacks...
madgirlkate: Ok... umm... I guess just look it up in the book tomorrow when you're home? Or just declare whatsit damage, being the GM.
madgirlkate: You have GM HAT. You have MAGICAL POWERS.
madgirlkate: ...see, this is what happens when I read too many 'rules lawyering' 'scrub' and 'stop having fun guys' entries on tvtropes. Anyway. The book says the claws pox does not do any extra damage, it just allows martial arts to do lethal damage. The GM has final say in everything, though. [/my 2 cents]
madgirlkate: Wait, wait, another 10 cents for how awesome this is.
madgirlkate: *figures that's at least 5x as important*
madgirlkate: ^^
madgirlkate: Ok.
madgirlkate: Is ok. It had no effect overall.
madgirlkate: I just wanted to check, because I wanted to know if I missed an option to munchkin more. :-P
madgirlkate: It's important!
madgirlkate: *has a polar bear character with a glowing rainbow tattoo, but feels the need for increased silly*

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: Fuzzy's path...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 pm 

Ending!

Quote:
Zobot: Ok. So previously, Fuzzy was plotting to destroy the world with a bunch of catgirls and a giant bomb... er... wait, that's not right...
Zobot: Ok. She's using a charm.
Zobot: (I'm back)
madgirlkate: Huzzah!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *waits to see what charm does*
Zobot: (How was the distraction?)
madgirlkate: (It's good. I'm like 1/6 of the way through)
Zobot: Ok, sorry about that. Reading up on the charm again.
Zobot: She's activating Relentless Lunar Fury (Page 158 ) stacked with Burrowing Devil Strike (145), Impressions of Strength: Ogre's Loving Caress (Page 144) and Secure Cat Stepping (Page 150) To make her actions for the next 6 rounds have piercing, count all 10s as double on damage rolls, and lower the DV reduction on her attacks by 1.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ooooooh... nice combo!
madgirlkate: (what does piercing do?)
Zobot: That's for an effective cost of 1m 1wp + 1m + 2m + 2m, equalling 6 motes and 1 WP for the cost.
Zobot: (Piercing cuts soak-from-armor in half when calculating soak)
madgirlkate: (ok!)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *impressed!*
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: Grrr! *Is impressive!*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *is a glowy polar bear, but still impressed* Vei keeps tellink me hy should learn dot...
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: So why haven't you? He's your mate, isn't he?
Zobot: Now, that's a reflexive charm, so she can still attack
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hm? Hyah, but hy alvays vant to learn other tings instead.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ooooh, right. De whole 'servitude' ting. It vas a suggestion, not an order.
Zobot: Ok, she's making an attack, fists, with her claws pox. (I realized why I was so confused before: I confused the Claws Pox with CLaws of the Silver Moon (page 144) which adds damage to your unarmed attacks. It's also a chamr she has that she probably should/will use at some point here.
madgirlkate: Aaaaaaaah. Makes sense.
Zobot: Ok... so accuracy +1 for fists, plus her 4 dexterity and her five martial arts, plus her specialty (fangs and claws) of 2.... so she's got 12 dice.
madgirlkate: (you remember warform adds one dot in all physical aspects, right?)
Zobot: ...only four successes, but I forgot that Warform adds 1 dot, yes. Also, I forgot that Relentless Lunar Fury adds 1 automatic success to all actions. So she'd have five, and one extra die to roll besides.
madgirlkate: Ok. Roll the extra die.
madgirlkate: (does piercing cut hardness in half, too?)
Zobot: ...it was a three. So she had just 5 successes
Zobot: What's fuzzy's dodge?
Zobot: (Lemme check)
madgirlkate: 6 - 1 for action = 5, I believe.
madgirlkate: ...wait, did she lose any health levels yet?
Zobot: Fuzzy lost one, but she regenerated, remember?
madgirlkate: No, Hunter. Because Fuzzy did 2L damage.
Zobot: Ah... no, I don't think we rolled the damage. So go ahead and roll
madgirlkate: ...what? Fuzzy got 2 successes on her damage rolls yesterday.
madgirlkate: That was out of 10 dice.
madgirlkate: 3 flurry punches, the first one hit, 5L for minimum did zero damage, the second one missed, the third one hit, 5L for minimum did 2 damage.
Zobot: Ah, sorry. In my defense, I've been pretty busy with everything.
Zobot: So anyways...
madgirlkate: I know...
Zobot: Ok... yes, she's got wounded.
Zobot: But part of Relentless Lunar fury ignores any wound penalties below the -2 rating
madgirlkate: Oooooh. Ok.
Zobot: So her dice pool isn't affected. But thanks, I forgot that. I'll make a note on her character sheet
madgirlkate: What was the verdict on piercing and hardness?
Zobot: Er, no. It doesn't affect Hardness, although you'd think it would
madgirlkate: Huh.
Zobot: But no, it's JUST soak
madgirlkate: Weird. Ok. So what's her raw damage?
Zobot: Ok, so fists add +0, but she's got 5 strength, plus one for the Warform, so she's got 6.
madgirlkate: Ok. Fuzzy's gonna cast Hide-Toughening Essence (step 7 reflexive) for 4m peripheral to add 8 B/L soak innate for the rest of the scene.
Zobot: WHat page is that on?
madgirlkate: 161
Zobot: Fuzzy's Essence 4? Wow. Ok. so she's armored really well
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Vhee!
Zobot: Ok... so she hits Fuzzy with 6 raw damage, what's Fuzzy's total soak?
madgirlkate: 23L, but 8 of of that is from her actual armor, and 4 of that is from her fur blight... which I'm not sure if it counts as armor or not... so either 19L or 17L after piercing is applied.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...hy probably didn't need to spend 4 m on dot charm, did hy?
madgirlkate: Either way, minimum damage.
madgirlkate: Roll it?
Zobot: ....yeah. I was just checking to see if soak from that charm counts as armor, but it doesn't. Lucky you
Zobot: That was a smart move!
madgirlkate: It says 'innate'...
madgirlkate: Although even if it did it would only bring her down to 13L, min... :-P
Zobot: Ok, just one success.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *wheee armor!*
madgirlkate: Alright, so that regens on Fuzzy's turn again...
Zobot: Where's that Regen coming form again?
madgirlkate: Something that's not mentioned in the book, but I'm pretty sure I've asked you about it at least twice... Halting the Scarlet Flow heals lethal damage, and it LOOKS like it should be an upgrade of Bruise Relief Method, but half the description is missing.
Zobot: Yes. I believe it's corrected in the Errata that we don't currently use
madgirlkate: Wait, we aren't using the errata? I thought I asked you about it, though...
madgirlkate: Can you read the charm, and tell me what I can and cannot do with it?
Zobot: We're only useing the Scroll of Errata in a tentative basis, because it's extremely long and i don't have the time to read it right now and see how it changes stuff. And I just read the charm
Zobot: It's a reflexive charm, so it'd be your 1 charm for the round if you healed with it
madgirlkate: It claims to be gift, though.
madgirlkate: See, this is the confusion over half the description being missing.
Zobot: ...I have GOT to read up on combat mechanics more... ><
madgirlkate: Ok, let me give you the rundown on this charm, as far as I know.
madgirlkate: It LOOKS like it is ment to be an upgrade of bruise relief method, using twice as many motes to heal lethal damage instead of bashing.
madgirlkate: Bruise relief method says you can spend 2m when going to beastman in order to regenerate 1B each turn.
madgirlkate: Since Halting SAYS it is gift, my best guess would be that 4m when going to beastman allows regeneration of 1L each turn.
madgirlkate: I've asked you before if Halting is supposed to be an upgrade of Bruise Relief etc. etc., and you said yes, but I'm not sure if I have asked you about this specifically.
Zobot: Alright. Well, I'll be honest in saying that this is the first time I've paid any scrutiny to it
madgirlkate: Although I think did apply it at one point before, so it seems like I should have... but I'm also a completely idiot from time to time...
Zobot: Well, here's my final ruling.
Zobot: As a Gift charm, you have to spend the cost as committed essence as long as you're in your Deadly Beastman Transformation. Which means while you're in Deadly Beastman Mode you don't regain taht essence.
Zobot: This is keeping in line with the rules as written in the book.
Zobot: ...which techincally gives Lunars the ability to heal rapidly off of any wounds that don't kill them, if they invest like that.
Zobot: That's potentially unbalanced and I'll have to look and see what the Errata says later. For now, rules as written
madgirlkate: Ok. ...errrr, the rules as written say it's a gift charm, and does absolutely nothing as gift.
Zobot: From what I'm reading, as a Gift Charm, you can choose to spend it's cost at the start of Deadly Beastman Transformtion in order to be able to activate those effects automatically once per action in combat.
madgirlkate: Ok... so the way I've been using it?
Zobot: Yes. I'll look it up and have a final answer tonight, but as your tactics have been at least partially based off it how it is, I'm not a big enough jerk to change things midway through a fight
Zobot: Anyways, I believe it was Fuzzy's turn
madgirlkate: Alright... I have asked you about it before, but it's always really hard to get technical questions like this figured out in the middle of main exalted.
Zobot: Yeah... I juggle so many things and I forget about it. Sorry. :-(
Zobot: *Hands Teal five dollars* Here kid. Go find me a copy of the Scroll of Errata, 2010 edition
madgirlkate: Teal: Peep! *toddles off*
Zobot: ...did I just pay Teal for her henching services?
madgirlkate: Apparently...
madgirlkate: (the errata forums say I'm a rules lawyer, but don't seem to give an actual answer)
madgirlkate: Anyway.
Zobot: (With that attention to detail of the rules you could be a good DM)
madgirlkate: (Wally is waaaaaay better than I am... I only know about this because I was confused and poked him and he said it was probably a Bruise upgrade based on the wording)
Zobot: (Wally'd be a good DM too. I'm really only Mediocre myself, but that's because I suck at rules)
madgirlkate: (but you make stories made of AWESOME)
Zobot: (I'm decent at story but I really REALLY need help with rules. Regardless, thanks. :-) )
madgirlkate: Ok, I'mma try the three-punchy thing again. Ummm... 1st dex excellency to give me 3 extra dice on the 3rd punch. So 12, 11, 13 dice.
madgirlkate: (1st one gives 9 successes)
madgirlkate: (so... 2 + 5 strength + 5 damage from claws = 12 raw?)
Zobot: Yup!
Zobot: Her DV isn't reduced for her one attack, so it's 10
madgirlkate: Wait, wait wait. What?
madgirlkate: Her DV was 7 last I saw.
Zobot: >< Ok, I was looking at the wrong character sheet. That's Child
madgirlkate: *had a O.o moment*
Zobot: Yes, her DV's an 8 without the reduction in attack
madgirlkate: ...oh!
madgirlkate: You forgot the extra dex dot last time.
Zobot: yeah. so 9
madgirlkate: ...9?
Zobot: Originally her DV is an 8. She attacked you first and then you attacked second, so she had a -1 to her DV for the first attack she made
Zobot: Because of part of her Relentless Lunar Fury combo, she doens't take that -1 Dv anymore
madgirlkate: Ooooh. Ok. But you also forgot the extra dex, so it's 9 now?
Zobot: Her warform adds 1 dex, which increases her DV by a half. That half rounds up to 9, yes
madgirlkate: Ok. So 10 raw.
madgirlkate: I have no idea what her soak is, but I'm assuming this probably defaults to the minimum 5 damage.
madgirlkate: Yes?
Zobot: Yes, it does. Her soak, with her armor, is 10L/9B
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *trying to get Hunter down to the -2 health levels so penalties start taking effect*
madgirlkate: (one success)
Zobot: Good luck. Ox-bodied up the WAZOO
Zobot: Ok... she's hurt a bit more.
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: Grr... stop healing and take damage, dangit!
madgirlkate: FuzzyOOC: She has to have a finite number of -1 health levels...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hy CHUST TOOK damage. Den hy healed it. ...compromise?
madgirlkate: Ok, second roll, 11 dice.
Zobot: She does, but she's got 4 endurance and 4 ox-bodies. two of them are -1 health levels, so she's got four of those. Then she's got 2 "two extra -2 health level" ones, so she's got 6 -2 health levels
Zobot: You've reduced her to 2 out of 4 -1 health levels
madgirlkate: Ummm... that's wrong.
madgirlkate: I think. One sec.
Zobot: Page 156 of the book
Zobot: A lunar chan choose to take 2 -1 health levels, or 4 -2...ooooooh. I screwed up
madgirlkate: Yeah. You get FOUR extra... yup/
madgirlkate: FuzzyOOC: ...This is going to take FOREVER.
Zobot: so she should have 6 -1 health levels and 10 -2s...
Zobot: Sorry, it's practically an instinct for me now to keep Wei from one-shotting my antagonists. Or Shun from blowing them up
Zobot: Ok. So your second attack?
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: I meant take damage that STICKS, dangit! I don't wanna have to use one of my combos!
madgirlkate: I don't mind THAT... it's more the fact that she suddenly has an extra like 10 health levels.
madgirlkate: Which is totally within the rules, but still. I wanted to have this finished by the time exalted started. :-P
Zobot: Oh, it will be
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyah, sure, miss 'hy can be attacked for four hours straight and not die'.
madgirlkate: Ok, anyway... last punch.
madgirlkate: 9 successes again
madgirlkate: So minimum 5 raw damage.
madgirlkate: 3 successes.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: If hy knock out like 8 of hyu -2 health levels, und hyu haven't gotten me to -2, vill hyu surrender?
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: It won't come to that, but if it does, sure
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Tenk hyu! *feels like this is a reasonable compromise*
madgirlkate: Ok, Hunted's turn.
Zobot: ...how did our characters just come to an agreement without our consent?
madgirlkate: ...how long have you been at MSW?
Zobot: I know, but the Sarcastic Female NPC in me keeps being astonished by this stuff
madgirlkate: (hey, I think I've knocked out almost all of her -1 health levels...)
Zobot: it's like having Claire wander into Exalted just to ask if she can learn how to turn into something with claws or something
madgirlkate: ...what's weird about that?
Zobot: Well, Claire's not supposed to be in Exalted.
madgirlkate: Yeah, but that never stops her..
Zobot: It makes you wonder what she'd do if it ever DID stop her for a bit
madgirlkate: Bap it, probably.
Zobot: Anyways, it's Hunted Hunter's turn. "Grrr! Darn it, I'm not going to give up! I'm gonna do this and make Forsaken proud of me!
Zobot: She's using a combo.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *hopes she runs out of essence at some point* Aww... but den Vei vould be sad.
Zobot: Dexterity Excellency 1 for 4 extra dice, plus Dexterity Excellency 2 for 4 extra successes, plus Twin Fang Technique for two attacks, totally 17 motes of essence
Zobot: She can do that once more full-blow if she needs to
Zobot: So before she rolls she has 5 extra successes.
madgirlkate: (combo question - do the dexterity things count for both attacks, or does it work like a flurry?)
Zobot: Her dexterity + martial arts is 9...
Zobot: (From waht I see, it says on the charm "Use the first attack roll both times)
madgirlkate: Oooh, ok.
Zobot: So the Dexterity things count both times since she's only rolling once
Zobot: So she's got 9 plus 4, and just because she's angry, she's channeling her valor for 3 added dice, plus her 2 die fang and claw specialty.
madgirlkate: Wait, wait...
madgirlkate: Rules lawyer poke again.
madgirlkate: Second dex excellency lets you spend up to (attribute) motes, and you get 1 success per 2 motes.
Zobot: Yes. She spent 8 motes on it
madgirlkate: She doesn't have dex 8.
Zobot: She doesn't need 8 Dex
madgirlkate: Why not? She's only allowed to spend up at attribute motes. Attribute is dex. She's trying to spend 8 motes.
Zobot: Oh wait, you're right
Zobot: Ok, she can only spend 4 motes for 2 successes.
Zobot: so 2 successes, plus the 3rd for Relentless Lunar Fury, plus her 9 dice, plus the 3 for the channnel, plus the 2 for her specialty
madgirlkate: ...plus 4 from 1st excellency, right?
madgirlkate: Or does she want to spend 5 m, because she has 5 dex?
Zobot: so she's got 3 successes innately plus whatever she rolls on the 14 dice, plsu the Five for 1st excellency (Yes, she is gonna do that)
Zobot: Wait, with her 5 dex she makes that 20 dice then... I was adding her dex as a four again before.
madgirlkate: Ooooh. Ok.
madgirlkate: Sounds good.
Zobot: So 5 Dex + 5 Martial Arts + 3 for Channel + 2 for Specailty + 5 for Excellency 1 = 20 dice
Zobot: 9 successes! Plus the 3 extra success, so 12
Zobot: Fuzzy's dodge after the flurry?
madgirlkate: ...5?
madgirlkate: Wait, does the flurry affect Fuzzy's dodge the same way it affects Hunted's dodge?
madgirlkate: *would affect Hunted's dodge, were it not for relenteless lunar fury
madgirlkate: I'm assuming it does, since I think that's the way we've been doing it...
Zobot: Brb, phone
madgirlkate: ...ok, I'm going to need you to ask how you calculated Hunted's DV.
madgirlkate: Also, Child's.
madgirlkate: Because I think my brain might be failing at basic math.
Zobot: Back.
Zobot: Sorry about that. Complications happened
Zobot: They involve a phone call, a pool, and an exploding water gasket
madgirlkate: O.o
madgirlkate: Where did the water gasket explode?
Zobot: While I was managing the pumps system on our pool, one of the gaskets snapped from the pressure
Zobot: Serves us right for using a plastic one instead of the metal ones. I had to shut the pool down and keep the water from leaking out while I replaced it
madgirlkate: Wow.
madgirlkate: That is... impressive. On several levels.
Zobot: Eh, it's just plumbing. And it's not that hard, The pipes are all easily accessible and as long as you have a wrench and a few other tools you can get them apart pretty easily
Zobot: Putting them back together is harder, but I had a good teacher.
Zobot: Shutting the water out of the pumps is the easy part
madgirlkate: See, I usually have trouble fixing stuff to which the 'exploded' adjective can be applied...
Zobot: Our pool used to alwasy be breaking down, until we replaced nearly all the systems on it. So this breaking bit os worrysome
Zobot: Ok... well... maybe "Exploded" isn't the right word.
madgirlkate: Awwww... that's less interesting.
madgirlkate: Did water spray all over the place?
Zobot: The gasket just SNAPPED. I said it exploded because it involved a lot of high-pressure chlorinated water getting all over my face
madgirlkate: ...meep.
madgirlkate: That's still cool that you fixed it.
Zobot: I've been helping my dad wiht this stuff since I was 8. We once made a landscape map out of a cake and a lot of candy.
Zobot: Dad's a genius craftsman.
madgirlkate: Niiiiice!
Zobot: So anyways... back to the game?
madgirlkate: Wait, before we do that.
madgirlkate: Can you explain to me how you got Hunted's DV?
madgirlkate: And Child's, actually.
Zobot: Well, dodge DV is based off of your (Dex + Dodge + Essence + Specialties)/2
madgirlkate: Ok...
Zobot: She has 8 DV innately, because her dex + dodge + essence is (4 + 5 + 3) = 12 / 2 which is 6. Then, she has an Artifact on her that increases it by 2, specifically a hearthstone she has socketed in a Moonsilver Pendant
madgirlkate: Oooooooh. Ok.
Zobot: Her DV becomes 9 in Deadly Beastman Form because it increases all her physical attributes by 1, which means she has (5+5+3)/2, which equals 6.5 roughly, which is rounded up because she's an exalt
madgirlkate: That makes sense. I was trying to figure out how she'd have 8 innately with essence 3... sorry.
Zobot: Exalts always round up, Mortals always round down
madgirlkate: *glad my brain's math is not broken*
Zobot: So anyways...
madgirlkate: Anyway. She had 12 successes - 5 for Fuzzy's DV, which gives 7 + her strength.
madgirlkate: Right?
madgirlkate: (for raw)
Zobot: Tup.
Zobot: *yup
Zobot: Her STR, which is 5 in warform, gives her 12 successes
Zobot: And Fuzzy's insane armor makes that only down to her essence
madgirlkate: *nods* Does the Twin whatsit mean same damage roll, too?
Zobot: Pretty much
madgirlkate: Ok! Roll it!
Zobot: I just did. 3 successes.
madgirlkate: O.o
Zobot: Now we re-factor things in, only Fuzzy's DV is one lower for the second attack
madgirlkate: ...huh?
madgirlkate: Wait, how do you have the same roll, with a different number of dice?
Zobot: "The Target's defense suffers Onslaught peanlty the second time".
Zobot: It's in the charm, page 154
madgirlkate: Oooooooh. Ok.
madgirlkate: So it's DIFFERENT damage rolls.
Zobot: Sorry.
madgirlkate: That makes more sense. But it's still the minimum 3 dice, because now you have 13 raw instead of 12 raw.
Zobot: Fair enough]
madgirlkate: ...roll it?
Zobot: So now I reroll
Zobot: Ok... 2 successes this time
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: Hah! See, I can fight after all!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Owwww...
madgirlkate: ...ok, I would LIKE to use Halting the Scarlet Flow, but honestly I have no flipping wagnel how it works beyond the gift bit.
madgirlkate: (nor do I know what a wagnel is)
Zobot: It works automatically
madgirlkate: I said 'beyond the gift bit'.
Zobot: Because it's a gift. That means if you activated it wiht your Beastman Transformation, it means you literally regenerate
Zobot: As long as you're conscious, you heal 1L. It's insane and that's why I"m going to be looking at the Errata later
madgirlkate: Ok... for the sake of both of our sanities, I'm not going to bother with how the heck it works when cast regular. I'm just going to use my dex excellency again.
Zobot: Ok...
Zobot: You do heal 1L on your actoin, by the way
madgirlkate: Ok, 3 punch flurry, 5m on 1st dex excellency for the last punch, -2 health level means 10, 9, 14 dice.
madgirlkate: Umm... can I channel conviction on the last one, too? Because ow?
Zobot: You certainly can, yes
madgirlkate: Ok, that bumps it up to 17. ...wait, can I spend willpower for successes?
madgirlkate: / do I have to spend said willpower before I roll?
madgirlkate: ...bah. I'll worry about it next turn if I'm still alive.
Zobot: YOu do have to spend the willpower, yes. Also note that she used the same die roll (including the channel) because her charm explicitly states that she uses the same roll twice
Zobot: That's what makes part of the charm amazing...
madgirlkate: Oh! I have to use willpower to use a channel. I forgot! Glad I asked.
madgirlkate: ...well, that did nothing. Hunted's turn.
Zobot: yeah... hm... well, she's almost out of Relentless Lunar Fury... hm.
madgirlkate: What? She's done 2/6 attacks with it, hasn't she?
madgirlkate: *has no idea how these things are counted*
Zobot: She's done 3 of 6 attacks with it and she's burned out more than half her essence in two turns
Zobot: her Full Moon Anima banner is gonna be showing soon, for pete's sake
madgirlkate: Fuzzy's already is.
Zobot: Ok... well... she's kinda short on essence, so she's going to try a different tactic this time.
Zobot: She's trying to attack Fuzzy by pulling her blow to deal bashing damage instead of lethal
Zobot: So she's at 12 dice, minus 1 for the pulling blow... so she's at 11.
madgirlkate: Errr, ok...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *is confused*
Zobot: ...7 successes
madgirlkate: Ok, unless she somehow got more than 30B, she's doing essence damage.
madgirlkate: (Fuzzy's DV is 3)
Zobot: Yow.
Zobot: 1 bashing damage.
Zobot: Hunter Hunted: Just be taken out already!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: But then hy'd kill me, und Vei vould be sad.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Vei ORDERED me not to die.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *logic!*
madgirlkate: (speaking of erratas, the people on the forum seem to be of a concensus that someone named Holden is a hamster, but I'm not sure how helpful that is)
Zobot: (I have no idea)
madgirlkate: *thinks we need more hampster-related erratas*
Zobot: *Hands Claire a hampster*
Zobot: Ok... Fuzzy's turn, she heals 1L
madgirlkate: Laitu: *rescues it before Claire eats it*
madgirlkate: Claire: Awww...
madgirlkate: Mmm... I'mma do the same thing I did last turn, minus the conviction channel.
Zobot: Ok.
madgirlkate: Hunted's turn.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...hyu ever get de feeling hyu could do nothink but flick motes at de manse, und it vould have de same effect?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Vait, hy ectually haff a low DV.
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: ...yeah, this doesn't really seem to be doing much. You're just healing and I'm hard to hit.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyah. At least hy don't know how to heal lots in vun turn, do, so vun uff us chust has to get lucky a couple more times.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Either dot or ve play charades und have de manse judge, but hy don't know vere ve'd get de little strips of paper.
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: This is really kinda complicated. I'm not used to it taking this long.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyu vould get along mit Vei.
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: Grr! Dang it! I would NOT. He's the enemy and not nice at all and helps stop us! *Baps Fuzzy*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hy chust meant because most uff his fights are offer in three turns or less!
Zobot: Ok... shes
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Dis is like de first time hy've gotten to attack more that tvice in a fight.
Zobot: *She's looking around... she's going to move over and grab at one of the floating crystals and grab it. That takes up a tick.
madgirlkate: Ok... she was attacking on the 5k+2 ticks, and Fuzzy was attacking on the 5k ticks. So We're now on a 5k+3 tick, so it's still her turn.
Zobot: Yup. So now she's hobbling over to Fuzzy with the Crystal, which seems to be fighting being carried, and she's going to try and bap Fuzzy upside the head with it.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...buh?
Zobot: She's making an attack roll...
madgirlkate: ...what are the stats for 'crystal that fights being carried?'
madgirlkate: I feel like it would be approximately the same as trying to clock someone with an armadillo... is there an armadillo weapon stat?
Zobot: It's considered an improvised weapon, so she doesn't get her specialty, but she's going to use her Dexterity Excellency 1 to add 2 dice.
Zobot: ...this dice roller really seems to have it out for you. 0.o
Zobot: 7 successes. I almost never roll this high.
madgirlkate: Eh, it only has it in for me if her 3B damage does 2 or more damage.
madgirlkate: (I think you're at 7 damage with 15 damage dice overall right now)
Zobot: As she swings it against Fuzzy's head, the crystal hums and the translucent figures appear in the background again, sputtering and flickering and fizzling. The Ferret-ish woman is standing there, holding her staff and chanting, as the ground develops a strange circle of runes. "A--k--tor Mal--as sep---m" the audio leaves something to be desired as she smacks.
Zobot: So just the three damage.
madgirlkate: *figures it's good to set numbers for when inanimate objects are out to get me*
Zobot: 2 damage...
madgirlkate: Alright, it's out to get me.
Zobot: .....sorry....
Zobot: brb, taking trash out.
madgirlkate: It's ok! It's the roller that's out to get me, not you.
madgirlkate: (wait, actually, the dice roller is, staistically, doing exactly the right amount of damage. I just can't do math)
Zobot: Well... so how is Fuzzy?
madgirlkate: -2 health level. Was that attack 4 or 5 with RLF?
Zobot: Er, 5.
madgirlkate: Can Fuzzy pause a tick, then take 3 ticks to aim?
madgirlkate: Or, wait. Can she just take 4 ticks to aim, so it's like a regular aim action, but takes a bit longer?
madgirlkate: ...wait, hang on. Lemmie count ticks to see if this matters at all.
Zobot: Behind the two of you, the flickering images keep playing, halfheartedly. A woman looks at Fuzzy's past incarnation. "D- you k--w what your --te's n-m- was?"
madgirlkate: Ok, yeah. Basically, I want to spend an action to aim, but make it take long enough that I can attack AFTER her next attack. Can I do that?
Zobot: That works, yes
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *aiming*
Zobot: She's trying to club with the crystal again. The logic here is that if she can't deal lethal damage without you healing, Bashing damage will be easier to take you down with
Zobot: Since the charm never mentions bashing damage
Zobot: But with her claws pox she can't do it normally without pulling a punch, which doesn't quite work well
Zobot: ....four successes
madgirlkate: Fuzzy's DV is 3. You're good.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...how much time did hyu spend mit de lunars?
Zobot: Does Fuzzy have any defense charms?
madgirlkate: She used them already.
Zobot: ...2 successes. ><
madgirlkate: ...I can't tell if you're forgetting something or being in character.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *on her turn, casts bruise-relief method, 5m reflexive... a requirement for Halting the Scarlet Flow*
madgirlkate: She has 5 staminia in warform, so she's spending 5m to heal 5 bashing damage.
Zobot: The Ferret-ish Woman looks over at the image of Sakura. "Of c-u-se! His name w-- ------!"
madgirlkate: (I really like the stuff playing in the background, by the way)
Zobot: (Gotta keep this fight more interesting than just two lunars bapping each other. I should be describing attacks more too)
madgirlkate: (it's a nice touch)
madgirlkate: *now imagining 3 lunars doing a 3 stooges routine)
madgirlkate: Ok, if I do a flurry, do I only get a bonus to aiming on the first punch?
Zobot: Yes, you do
madgirlkate: ...what is that bonus, anyway?
Zobot: You add 1 die to your attack roll for every tick spent aiming on your NEXT attack
madgirlkate: ...so 4 extra dice for the first punch?
Zobot: Yup!
madgirlkate: Ok, let me see... Fuzzy's back to her -1 health level, so it's 11, 10, 9 -> 15, 10, 9 dice
Zobot: Ok
madgirlkate: Her DV is down to 7 to start, because -1 health level and attack...
Zobot: Yeah...
madgirlkate: ...ok, I might be willing to admit that the dice roller is out to get me a little bit.
madgirlkate: Hunted's turn.
Zobot: As much as I like this die roller, I think that for the remainder of this sidequest I'm going to lift the ban on using invisible castle
Zobot: Just to test something and see if there's a sentient bias on this device against you
Zobot: I
madgirlkate: Pfffff...
Zobot: *I'm still gonna use it, but I think the way you're rolling, you should be allowed to "change out your dice" so to speak.
madgirlkate: (I've gotten 26 successes out of the last 64 rolls... that's actually only a tiny bit below average)
madgirlkate: But yes, I think I will change out my dice. :-P
madgirlkate: Still Hunted's turn, though.
Zobot: Ok... Hunted Hunter is going to make a three attack flurry, bringing the crystal with both paws across Fuzzy's face- "Just!" -smacking her to the side, then lifting it and bringing it down towards the top of her head- "Stay!" -and then finally punching it forward into her face. "Down!"
Zobot: First attack had 3 successes
Zobot: Not a hit?
madgirlkate: Not a hit. She's at FOUR DV for once.
Zobot: Ok. Second roll
Zobot: ...two
Zobot: ..another two.
Zobot: I think the last one may have hit
madgirlkate: *nods* Umm... does the -1 apply to raw damage? Fuzzy does have a hardness of 5.
Zobot: No, not to raw damage
madgirlkate: Ok. 3 damage dice, then.
Zobot: ...1 die
Zobot: That was her last turn with Relentless Lunar Fury... as she pants and looks kinda worn out
madgirlkate: Wait, what?
Zobot: That was the 6th action with Lunar Fury on
madgirlkate: 2 turns ago you said she was on attack 5... and then during Fuzzy's attack we treated it as if it had ended.
Zobot: ><
Zobot: Err... I screwed up
madgirlkate: Granted, it didn't make any difference...
Zobot: May I re-roll? She should be a die less on all of those, then
Zobot: so 7 for the first one, then 6, then 5...
Zobot: 1 success, then 2 successes, then 3 successes
madgirlkate: ...have you been forgetting the extra success from relentless lunar fury?
madgirlkate: (so it still hits on the third one)
madgirlkate: *had you
Zobot: No, I haven't.
madgirlkate: *has NO idea how we'd account for that... O.o*
madgirlkate: Ok, so. Re-roll damage dice, or keep the one you rolled?
Zobot: I say keep the 1
madgirlkate: Ok, Fuzzy will spend 1m to heal that, then.
Zobot: (Zobot: Ok, MSW is down, so we'll be using a chatroom tonight when we start.
Zobot: Just letting you know)
madgirlkate: Oooh, good to know.
Zobot: What's Fuzzy's essence at, now?
madgirlkate: Umm... 46/49 peripheral, 14/20 personal
Zobot: Nevermind then. it's loading again
madgirlkate: (switching to invisible castle to see if the other rng is out to get me...)
madgirlkate: Blah blah three-flurry punch, 12 11 10 dice.
Zobot: Meep peep
madgirlkate: 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=10 (6 is a miss)
madgirlkate: 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=4 (6 is a hit!)
madgirlkate: (5 damage dice for minimum)
madgirlkate: 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=2, 1d10=7 (3 lethal damage)
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *BAP!* Huzzah!
madgirlkate: *pausing so you can make sure I haven't screwed up somewhere in that*
Zobot: ...so far so good
madgirlkate: Is she at -2 now?
madgirlkate: 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=8 (2 is miss regardless)
madgirlkate: Hmmm... I don't think the rng is out to get me... at least, not a lot.
Zobot: She's at -2 now,nyes
madgirlkate: Alright. Her turn.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...hy don't suppose hy'll listen better if hy tell hyu to stay down?
madgirlkate: Errr... meep?
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: Grr...fine. Just lemme go. I surrender already!
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...really?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: You sure?
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: It's stupid to fight someone who can just heal it back. Gah.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Vhew... hokay, so how do ve go about dis surrenduring ting, ennyvay? Hy mean, hy tink ve're goink in de same direction, so hy can't really chust 'let hyu go.'
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: You should probably just knock me out. One swift blow to the back of the head.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyah, dot makes sense... can hy convince hyu to turn back to human, und vaste some of hyu essence? Hy'm not sure if ve're goink to run into each other again soon, und hy'd rather hyu didn't, say go attack somevun else...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: If hy knock hyu out, hyu don't get in trouble mit hyu mate, thought, right?
Zobot: Hunted Hunter: I'll just say I was beaten and knocked out. He doesn't need to know about the surrender stuff
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Hyah, dot makes sense. Und hyu should get him to take hyu out on dates sometimes instead of chust being all ordery...
Zobot: Brb. Dinner
madgirlkate: (I guess Fuzzy will just tell Hunted that she should get along with her mate better and take a more figurative interpretation of 'serve', even if it might not work, and then knock her out)
Zobot: Back
madgirlkate: Hi again.
madgirlkate: Any comments on what I just said, or does that look ok?
Zobot: Hunted: Bah. *Is knocked out*
Zobot: No, it looks ok
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *well, she tried*
Zobot: At this point,the crystal that Hunted was using as a wepaon is now cracked and broken.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *still thinks Hunted's mate needs to take her on more dates*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Miss Manse? Should I be doing something?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *is all glowy*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *man, I hope it takes a few hours to walk to whereever I'm supposed to go...*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *looks around for any good directions to walk*
Zobot: Well, you could go through one of the other two doors in the room.
madgirlkate: Is there anything distinguishing the doors?
Zobot: Yes.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *pokes a crytstal while she thinks*
Zobot: Fuzzy sees a scene where the great Prophetess, the Holy One Sakura is busy mending people's wounds in what looks to be a medical facility
Zobot: The two doors are distinguished by symbols etched on them.
Zobot: One of the doors has nine old realm runes on it, for the numbers 1 through 9. They're all glowing, and another rune, a larger version of the number 5, is hovering above them. Beneath them is some script.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *pokes the number 5 on the 1-9 door* Ummm...
Zobot: The number 5 glows, and a smaller rune of five appears between the numbered panel and the larger rune
Zobot: The OTHER Door, by the way,
madgirlkate: ...was that comma indicating more information, or a typo?
Zobot: Er, sorry.
Zobot: The other door appears to have some words in Old Realm written on it. Does Fuzzy read Old Realm?
madgirlkate: No.
Zobot: Then she doesn't get what it means. The numbers on the other door she can just barely make out.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...Miss Manse, I can't read Old Realm. What does that say?
madgirlkate: *figures it's worth a try*
Zobot: "It says-"
Zobot: Then, suddnely, there's a loud booming noise and the entire manse shakes
Zobot: "-Bzzzzzzzzzt!"
Zobot: "It s-s-ays... it says... it says that room is an entrance to the Habitats"
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ...are you ok?
Zobot: "I'm FINE. As fine as someone can be when someone else literally just ripped a hole in what passes for your stomach for the SECOND TIME since you were built"
Zobot: Around you, the shake causes a crystal to spin. "...Kabuto. You just cast a Oricalcum-Circle sorcery of monumental destruction, pointblank in range, with no regard to the fates of your friends, just to crack open something too powerful to be opened by any other means. You are the stupidest smart person I ahve ever met."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: ... *O.o*
Zobot: An illusory version of the Prophetess Sakura pulls herself out of a huge illusory Crater projected out of the room, pulling out a guy that looks like Shun, except covered in ash and grinning like a fool.
Zobot: Nearby, a young ferretish-woman pulls herself out of the illusory wreckage. "Yay splody!" She cheers
Zobot: Then it vanishes
madgirlkate: Pfff...
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Uhh... so which door should I take?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *has minimal information about both doors, and, again, figures she might as well ask*
Zobot: "Unless you like dealing with intruders, heading towards the Vats thorugh the puzzle-coded door is not advisable. Heading towards the Habitats is your best choice.
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Will I still be able to help my friends if I do that?
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Apparently we have to cooperate.
Zobot: "One of your friends is IN the Habitats. The grouchy one."
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: Ooooh. *opens the habitat door*
Zobot: Ok... the trip through the hallway is long. The path is fairly straightforward and somewhat boring... eventually, Fuzzy finds someone, though....
Zobot: One of her friends!
Zobot: Fuzzy's solo-story ends here.
madgirlkate: Ok!
madgirlkate: Did it take any significant amount of time to walk?
Zobot: A couple of hours.
madgirlkate: Oh, wow. (huzzah essence regen!)
Zobot: THe Habitats are like a maze. It's designed for thousands of people to live in
Zobot: Most of them in small rooms. But make a wits + investigation check
madgirlkate: 1d10=10
Zobot: Ok... Fuzzy finds nothing interesting, unfortuantely.
madgirlkate: Heh. Unsuprising.
madgirlkate: So how many hours, and does peripheral or personal essence recover first? *bad at remembering this*
Zobot: Peripheral restores before Personal
madgirlkate: *needs to know how many hours to know how much essence gets restored...*
madgirlkate: Fuzzy: *gets to keep her tattoo glowy, though!*
Zobot: Well, your essence regenerates at the nomral rate. Look it up
Zobot: Also, I kiiinda have a favor to ask.
madgirlkate: Err, yes. At 4 essence per hour. But I don't know how many hours, because you said 'several'.
madgirlkate: What's the favor?
Zobot: I need to post "Fuzzy's story", in the chat section.
Zobot: But I'm on my laptop, and we did the first part on my desktop
Zobot: I odn't have the full story! You have logs, right?
madgirlkate: Yeah... lemmie grab it.
madgirlkate: ...so how many is 'several?'
Zobot: 4, counting the search. The Habitats is easily one of the larger areas of the Manse
madgirlkate: Cool. Thanks.
madgirlkate: ...it's not saving the spaces, somehow. :-\
madgirlkate: *new lines, not spaces
madgirlkate: Like, when I copy it. It's all one line.
Zobot: ><
Zobot: Oi. I'm gonna have to wait until Monday night and get it all pieced together then. AH well
madgirlkate: Ok, now that my computer has tentatively stopped freezing...
madgirlkate: Oh, it froze. It was annoying.
madgirlkate: Gah. Sorry... :-(
madgirlkate: Yeah, it's not cooperating.
Zobot: It's ok. Sorry.
Zobot: I'll do it later. Oh well
madgirlkate: I can't even open a .html file with notepad!
madgirlkate: Anyway... is Exalted soon?
Zobot: Very soon
Zobot: We're waiting on Demo Jane or Chic
madgirlkate: ...soon as in any second now, or soon as in 10 minutes?
madgirlkate: *wants to go take a shower*
Zobot: Go take a shower.
madgirlkate: Alright. Back in a bit.

-Xin Yun