Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:59 am » Fair enough.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:59 am » next saturday night is indeed solars. 10pm est again. the week after that may be both, depending on availability.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am » Next time is the Solars, right?
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am » Sounds good to me.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am » Yeah. sorry I vanished for so long, next time we play I'll be around.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:57 am » ok, this seems a good place to wrap up for tonight unless there is more conversation to be had ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:57 am » He's going to turn to the people who responded back from the town. "My friends and I seek entry!"
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am » Sai: Merely curiosity, good sir. Regardless, thank you for your answer.
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am » Zoe: They seem irritating, and if the item in question could be located, they might go away.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 am » Flight: *smiles and spreads his hands wide* No'a freakin' clue. Why, ya' looking to find out?
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 am » Hee.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:54 am » ,
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 am » Sai: *Turning to Flight* Do you know what they want, sir?
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am » Zoe: People need to learn the proper purpose of nouns as opposed to pronouns. *irritable*
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am » Sai: ... *once they're out of earshot* Mayhap those men are touched in the head?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am » (Kyra has seen no need for taking a new name. If she ever gets around to being a powerful Lunar and handling Paragon in any significant way, she might then.)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am » [face palm]
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am » Flight: *Sounds strangely cockney, despite the complete lack of cockney in creation*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am » ok the man barely acknowledges Sai having said something, looking at him briefly. "Just tell them that they return ours, theirs shall continue to be stolen." Then the group leaves.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am » Sai MIGHT eventually.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am » I wasn't sure if it was a resplendant destiny or just a differnet name. Many Exalts change their names after their second breath.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am » ...touche.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 am » (If Grang's under a resplendent destiny, then the answer is 'no'. Otherwise, could go either way.)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 am » he does hear flight, but the voice would be different. it is a resplendant destiny after all.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 am » ...does Sai hear Flight? Does he recognise that voice?
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 am » 3,9,10,5,1, 3,2,6,1,4, 8 (4 successes)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am » Flight: *chuckles dryly* M'thinks you'd have more luck talking to the wall. I 'ear walls at least listen to you once in a while...
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am » that's correct
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am » Ok... assuming it is, I've got 11 dice with the enhancement.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am » I'm making a social attack to try and persuade. That is Charisma plus Presence, right? If it's something else let me know
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 am » ok, go for it zo
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 am » Sai: Yes, that is at the core of the matter. (Ok Demo. Sai's going to be using Charisma Excellency 1, adding 4 dice by spending 4 motes of personal) What, and I ask, have they taken from you lads?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 am » Kyra: [attempting a rephrasing] What is yours that they have taken?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 am » The same man turns to Sai and glares at him. "They have teken what is ours and we will demand it's return and take what is theirs until it is returned."
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 am » Zoe: *suspects she will have to be very sarcastic to get through this*
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 am » He's going to approach the men and stand in front of them, trying to get in their field of vision. "Mayhaps I can be of assistance? What have they taken of yours?"
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am » Flight: *is a solitary rider, in some vauge kind of uniform, but mostly just making his way slowly to the city*
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am » Sai: I hath heard that does aid in diplomacy, true.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am » * return to you
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 am » One of the men turns to look at Sai, looking him over once before dismissiing him without a word and turning back to the city wall. "Return it to us!" To which an exasperated responds from the walls. "Maybe you should frakking tell us what we need to "return" you you creepy lot of weirdos, eh?!"
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 am » Er... Sorry, misremembered
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:41 am » Kyra: [silent on the matter]
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:41 am » Zoe: *stays back, watching Sai*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 am » Flight: *stays with his caravan*
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am » Zoe: ...do you suppose they think that will be more effect than the last ten times thay said it?
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am » Ok, Sai is going to approach them. Looking like his normal human self (ok, they can't notice the wolf ears or the tail, hopefully) and just holding his spear and looking unassuming. "Hail, travelers!"
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 am » ... huh.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 am » Anyway, as you all travel you approach Denandsor you all, including Grang from a different angle, see a small group of what looks like raiders from that camp standing outside the city gates. There seems to be about ten of them and they are simply shouting at the city in unision, once every couple minutes. "Return it to us!" and nothing else.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 am » Sai: ...good point, Zoe.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am » Sai: And if there's a chance we can get the answers we seek and find her fate without poking that hornet's nest... well, I've disturbed enough stinging insects in these past months
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am » ,
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am » Zoe: If they have her that may be the problem of someone who is not us.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am » Kyra: [muttering] I should see if I can Hunt a strix...
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am » Sai: Whisper is capable. If they have her there... I'd have to think long and hard about how we could get her out if they can actually HOLD her.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am » Kyra: [nods] Understood. We should be careful, though, and mount a guard when we're asleep.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am » Sai: ... well, regardless, tis naught of our concern. Our goal isn't to find out where the brigands got their goods or who is supporting them. Tis to find out what happened to Whisper and the new town.
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 am » Kyra: [nods] You don't... forget that smell.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:34 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:34 am » Sai: *ears perk up* THAT place?
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 am » Zoe: *makes a note of that in her other book, too*
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 am » Zoe: *notes*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 am » Kyra: ....and the tent smells of the Wyld.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am » Kyra: There's a tent, at the center of the camp. It's well guarded, by about 18 or 20 guards. The men get their orders from there. And...
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am » Sai: ...mayhap-er, maybe they're raiding the ruins of the old city?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am » Kyra: And there's one other thing...
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am » Kyra: The guards are hostile to ANYBODY. I was in dog form and got spears tossed at me.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am » Kyra: The warstrider appears to be in poor repair, but still works.
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am » Zoe: *relaying what Kyra says in the Echo message book*
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am » Kyra: Almost everyone has one or two small artifacts, and the camp otherwise has many.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am » Kyra: There is something strange about the camp. There are about 200. For 'disorganized' bandits, they are surprisingly good at guarding and internal discipline.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am » Sai: Miss Zoe, we may need to take notes on this.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 am » (Sai does tend to copy Cyan from FF6 slightly in speech patterns, mostly because the idea of a lowborn knight amsued me)
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am » Kyra: ....now, you've got me doing it.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am » [beat]
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am » Kyra: I'll tell thou.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 am » Sai: *Watching as she returns* What did thou- YOU... see
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 am » OK. Regrouping time.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 am » righto. you don't notice anyone following you
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 am » 3,1,6,3,10, 3,2 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am » right, roll perception + awareness
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 am » There's cover before the camp, right? She's going to check to make sure no one's following her.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 am » righto. anything else before you all regroup?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am » From here, she's going to run, and head out of camp. No need to stay unseen, she's already going.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am » ok, Kyra is mostly ignored except a few other people try and take shots at her to speed her on her way out
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am » Dodge DV = 6 as a dog. She dodges it.
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am » Heh. Silly puppy. You don't beg from the two-legs.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:21 am » 1 success on his attempted roll, I'm guessing Kyra can dodge that
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:21 am » Kyra: [dodge if possible, then run off, yelping!]
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:21 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 am » right, that's not enough. the guard blinks down at Kyra before lifting his spear and jabbing at her with it
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 am » 10,1,5,3,8 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 am » ok, roll presence + manipulation
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » Kyra: [after thinking it over, decides to trot up to one of the guards and try a social attack. To wit: Looking up at the guard with puppy eyes and whimpering.]
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » (Huh, big tent)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » there's about 5 guards on each side and the three at the entrance
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » Tis a decent sized tent
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am » Yep
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 am » (That means its area is 400 square feet!)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:16 am » about 20feet on each side.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:16 am » Every few feet— wait, HOW big is this tent?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 am » ,
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 am » The tent is guarded by a trio of guards at the entrance and a guard every few feet around the tent's perimeter, and they're just guarding it, looking for anyone that approaches the tent.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am » (the guards, that is)
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am » Just how closely guarded is the tent? What are they looking for?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 am » Anyways...
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 am » (Yes.)
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 am » (internal form mastery is just for dex, isn't it?)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 am » (Regardless, it doesn't greatly affect the situation at present, so we'd generally continue on...)
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 am » Yeah, I'm wrong. I thought you needed Internal Form Mastery, but according to the book, you don't.
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:10 am » Lunar P129, Sidebar.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:10 am » page number?
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:10 am » (Um, Demo, it looks like bonuses apply in all cases:)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 am » Kyra: [thinking] [hoo, boy.]
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 am » oh, in that case 6 successes, and no real change to the results though, just more faint
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am » the smell is strongest near the central tent
Professor Zobot « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am » (Yes, but Lunars only get that bonus if they have a certain knack.)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am » I think +1 success here. anyway, 7 successes= the place smells about how one would expect, lots of sweat, grease, metals, leather. but there's also an odd smell that permeates the whole place, a scent that she's only smelled once before, on her trip into the wyld for her last step of learning sorcery. There is a lingering, if faint smell of the wyld about the place.
Sarah McLaren « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am » (Does a dog get a bonus to smelling things?)
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am » 10,8,8,3,8, 7,3 (6 successes) + form bonus, if you meant to apply any.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am » make a perception + awareness roll for that
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am » Mm. Can Kyra smell anything unusual? She is a dog right now, after all.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am » There doesn't seem to be any specific hierarchy, though there's definitely a tent at the center of the camp that people walk in and out of to carry orders around the camp, but it's well guarded
Claire « Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 pm » Who's in charge?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 pm » SO nothing really special that the camp's organized around.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm » Uh
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm » Everyone seems to have one or two, and there are some in the mess tent for storing food and the like, mostly weapons, armor, or medical tools.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:57 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:57 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm » What sort of artifacts? Where are they kept?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:55 pm » ok, Kyra estimates that there's about 200 people in the camp and despite the initial impression of disorder and chaos the camp gives off there's something odd, for such a dissorganized camp there doesn't seem to be a bit of waste. no one bumps into each other, guards don't leave any major holes in the perimeter, food is doled out in perfect portions, no arguments or scuffles. They seem to be well equiped, even if all their equipment has seen better days, artifacts are everywhere and there's a warmech that looks in poor repair, but seems to be moving perfectly fine. and after a bit Kyra can't chake the feeling she's being watched, even if no one's looking at her
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm » 1,5,9,9,8, 6 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm » right, roll perception + investigation then please
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 pm » That sort of thing.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 pm » Scouting it out. Seeing who's there. How many people. If they have anything unusual in camp. Listening.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm » is she doing something specific in the camp?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm » Good luck!
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm » ok, the guards rolled 2 on their perception roll, so for the time being Kyra goes unnoticed.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm » right, just making sure we were on the same page at the end there.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm » (It's 3. And I rolled Dex+Stealth, which resulted in 2 successes, which you can see below.)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm » jane?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm » 3 is the dex unless Kyra has lower, iirc
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm » 3,9,9 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm » yep
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm » (core book says 3)
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm » (rerolling)
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm » Oh, hang on...
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm » 2,1,8,8,8 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm » there should be in the book yeah.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm » (Yes, but I don't know what it is.)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm » (isn't there a default dex for dog form?)
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm » (ATTENTION: I haven't got Kyra's forms statted yet, so we'll be using her default DEX for the time being. This should be fixed sometime after this session.)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm » righto, roll dex + stealth then please ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm » (heya Sarah)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm » (Hey Sarah)
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm » Yes. Yes she is.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm » (Hi, Sarah)
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm » (Hi.)
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm » ok, is she trying to remain hidden?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm » ...dogform. Very nice. Very nice
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm » Kyra: [shifts into the form of a sleek-looking dog and runs towards the camp]
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm » Zoe: *writing to Echo*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm » Kyra: Hmm... I have a slightly better idea.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm » the camp, which you all can see, is about 10-20 miles away
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm » Kyra: [about to take off, that is]
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm » Kyra: ...archers? How far is this camp?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm » *archers
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm » Sai: ...May I offer some advice, Lady Kyra? Fly high until you've identified which ones are the archerers!
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:37 pm » Kyra: [switches into her bird form, and flies towards the camp]
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:37 pm » Kyra: I'll go.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm » SaiOOC: My wild military years are none of your concern!
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm » GrangOOC: ...You totally tripped on acid, didn't you?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm » Zoe: Would one of you like to scout that camp?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: ... it's possibly Whisper is at that camp Kyra saw.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: REGARDLESS!>
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: Something one of the Dragon's Chosen thought would empower the men. They did minor experiments on these exceedingly healthy rations. It didn't pan out very well. Hallucinations.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm » Kyra: Super-soldier rations?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm » Sai: ...admittedly, it was a weird scouting trip, that time they tried the super-soldier rations.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm » Zoe: *makes a note of that in the Echo book*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm » Zoe: *taking detailed notes* ...did they supplement your rations with purple dust?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm » alright, with the scouting and traveling you all manage to see something interesting as you near Denandsor. There seems to be a warcamp of some sort a few miles from Denandsor, definitely the bandits Whisper saw if their disorganization was any indication, but it was a much larger camp than Whisper had indicated.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm » Sai: But with less tiny feline beastmen stealing our rations.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm » Sai: *Wrangling a snake* Reminds me of my days in the army.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 pm » (but good point)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 pm » (they're also only going to be able to scount like 10-20% of the distance we're going to travel in any given day, is all)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 pm » Ok. That leaves Sai to keep a watch just in case anything tries to jump us.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 pm » Silly magic horses
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 pm » Kyra: [will scout, as a bird]
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm » I don't know if those horses let you fly, but it's still wise to scout when we're not riding
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm » Same speed over all terrain types, but if we have to cross, say, a ravine? Or a giant gulf? Plus, it would help identify bandits.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 pm » Zoe: *not doing scouting*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » (1 sec)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » But scouting for unusual things would be encouraged by Zoe.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » Actually not... the horses are magic, so they travel the same speed over all terrain types.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » Sai's got a decent ride, by the wayw
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm » Well, either Sai or Kyra should use their flying form to scout ahead then. We can make faster progress if we identify good trails and paths for the horses ahead of time than if we just ride using a map
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:26 pm » (the descriptions go in a seperate book from the reports)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 pm » Zoe: *will be sleeping enough to recover essence, as well as writing daily reports to Echo and writing detailed descriptions of the surrounding areas as part of an ongoing research project*
Mithril Jack « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 pm » I believe she is
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 pm » Is jane back yet?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm » I guess Sai is going to be scanning the horizen. Gotta keep watch.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm » nope, that works. anyone have anything to add to the travel plans?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 pm » (did I leave anything out?)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 pm » This gets them there at the start of the 4th day after they leave, with her down 30 m of essence.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm » For food, she'll cast 'food from the aerial table' which makes edible, if bland, stuff, and they can save their rations for later.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm » So every morning she will do that, and they can ride during the day.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm » Ok
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm » Alright, Zoe can summon spell-horses for 10m apeice, and they travel 25 mph until the sun next crosses the hoizon. (the ones she isn't riding will go to the destination she tells them, which will be '299 miles thatway' or something of the sort)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm » righto. So the lunar group will be making their way to Denandsor now that they're ready. Claire can explain the method of travel if she likes ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 pm » I'm fine. I'm calm
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 pm » It's okay Zobot *hugs* Take what time you need
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm » (I woulda spoken up sooner but I needed to calm down)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm » (I'm back. Sorry about that. Very bad news but there's nothing I can do about it)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm » I think Z is still gone?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 pm » right, after the delay Flight is abe to make his way to the city, he'll be approaching it at the same time as the lunar group. who we're switching back to now, assuming everyone's back?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:13 pm » Flight: *is annoyed that he has to go out of his way, but goes with the caravan to Varsi*
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:13 pm » Flight: *sighs*
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm » The man loks over at Flight sideways and laughs. "Come now folks, we're bein' helpfull folks, helpfull is profitable unless you make it unprofitable, then we gotta turn to other ways of making profit." The caravan leader is glaring down at the man, eyes scanning the surrounding forest for ny signs of additional bandits before making a show of sighing and tossing the man a bag of jade. "I don't suppose I could pay you "upstanding citizens" to clear out the bandits could I?" The leader of the group laughs heartily. "Cost more'n you got lord. They're way too dangerous for anyone to try something stupid like that~ nice doin business with you folks." And with that the caravan turns around and heads back towards the nearest city, Varsi
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:10 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 pm » Flight: *Very clearly ready for a fight, but will not start one*
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:04 pm » Flight: *pulls out his own bow, and rests it across his lap*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm » One of the men steps forward, wearing patchwork armor and holding a very definitely artifact daiklaive fairly easily it seems, he's smiling in that unfriendly manner that most bandits do. "Ev'nin' folks. road's closed up ahead, bandits wouldn'tcha know" He winks at you all and his friends laugh knowingly. "You may want t'head back the way you all came and do yer trading at some other city. Soon as you pay us upstandin' citizens fer warning such a rich caravan. only fair innit?"
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm » (Evening, Beard.)
Mithril Jack « Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm » Night Beard
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm » (G'night, Beard)
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm » (G'night, Gneve)
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm » ((Fading out. Have a good game.))
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:58 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:57 pm » Flight: *waits for the leader to step forward*
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:57 pm » Flight: *sits up a little straighter, unlocks bow case*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:56 pm » Right, about a day's travel from Denandsor, the caravan is heading along the road when several men can be seen stepping out onto the road ahead of the caravan. Everyone tenses up a bit, since this rarely happens unless there are bandits about.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:55 pm » Flight: *keeps a careful eye out for bandits*
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 pm » Flight: *works hard without too much complaint*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm » as for Wally: Grang has been disguised in his resplendent destiny and is trying to find his way to Denandsor as per his orders, rolling 2 successes on a roll to find a caravan heading that way. Whic results in him getting a job with some scavenged goods merchants heading near the city, the pay's not the best, and the leader of the caravan is not much interested in silly things like "rest" and "sleep"
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm » No problem
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm » Thanks for the help. ^^
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm » Zoe: *wearing it under the logic that she can take it off later if necessary*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm » Sounds good.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm » And a couple other rolls, like stealth and stuff
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm » From movement, and dodge
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm » Sounds good. What does the mobility penalty do? Do I have to subtract that from movement rolls?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm » you can. just not artifact version
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm » I don't suppose I can get a lamellar armor?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm » right and the lowest fatigue rating is 1 which sorks with breastplates, chain shirts and lamellar armor
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm » Oooooooh.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm » So if you've got low, probably nothing higher than a one, and so on and so forth
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm » That's the number of successes you need on your fatigue roll
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm » So do I have to have strength + resitance greater than the fatigue listed?
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm » Which is determined by Strength + Resistance
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 pm » Fatigue matters, though
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 pm » Huh.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 pm » str minimums are only for weapons Claire
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm » let's see...
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm » Is there anything that can be worn with str 1?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm » and sure. that works. ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:43 pm » anyway, as for armor there's some in the armory, but none of it's artifact claire
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:43 pm » (brb, sorry. If you wanna do grangs bit more here that's fine)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 pm » Ooooh. Fair enough.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 pm » heh, been handling Grang's bit in AIM while running this
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm » But if we need to
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm » Echo: Well they don't know you so they may not implicitly do as you say~ So it's a possibly helpfull bit of info.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm » Wally's doing fine ^_^
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm » (between you and Jane, that seems like a good reason to switch to Wally)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm » (Hmm... gah, maybe we should pause soon and let Wally do some stuff. I'm kinda gotta go grab something too. my mom's calling and it's sort of urgent)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm » Zoe: Is the implication here that, should something be menacing or greatly endangering them, they will still not listen to us when we attempt to aid them until we have done this, or is that simply additional knowledge should it come up?
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm » Echo: Well the townsfolk don't mind exalted in their midsts and Whisper is known to them and The Hunter, a title given to a single champion of the city , so they all know her as such. Also if you want to earn respect from them quickly you need to go into the city for as long as you can stand it~
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 pm » ok
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 pm » Zoe: Is there anything else you feel we should know that would be useful for this?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 pm » (Uh-oh. Gotta go to dinner. I'll work out Kyra's equipment once I get back, Demo)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 pm » Echo: okay~ There should be something down in the armory in the basement~
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm » Sai: I don't need armor for now.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm » Zoe: If there is light armor that would fit me, I would prefer having armor in a situation that may be dangerous enough for you to send a soldier.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm » Kyra: I think the situation could be dangerous... it might be wise.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm » Echo: Do you want armor~?
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm » Zoe: I do not own armor.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm » Echo: if you think you need armor then you should get armor~
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:30 pm » Kyra: Should we try to find armor or other equipment before we leave? [trans: do you think this is going to be dangerous?]
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:30 pm » Sai: ...let me go grab my spear and my scrolls...
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 pm » Echo: oh well~ anyway, anything else before you all go on an adventure~
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 pm » (SaiOOC: That isn't... ok, it is true.)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 pm » Zoe: *rolls eyes* In an attempt to travel quickly, I will not be doing copious amounts of studying. Thus, I am unlikely to have learned new topics since you previously asked.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm » Echo: no promises but I'll try and restrain myself~
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm » (pfff)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm » ((Giving it to Sai would be like giving it to Carrot from Discworld. =p))
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm » Zoe: My side comments will be kept to a minimum provided your irrelevant comments are likewise.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 pm » Echo: if you say so~ As long as she promises to keep her side comments to a minimum~ *hands it to zoe grinning*
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 pm » Sai: ...Zoe should take it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 pm » Kyra: [nods] I see. [makes a mental note that Zoe is also a caster]
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 pm » Zoe: Spell-horses.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 pm » Kyra: [looking at Zoe] What transport method do you intend to use?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 pm » Zoe: *holds out a hand for it*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:21 pm » Echo: ah yes~ *pulls out one of the artifact books* I would prefer to give you each one of your own, but each one takes quite a bit of time and work to prepare~
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm » Zoe: I believe I can get us there in four days.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm » Zoe: It's 1,000 miles.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm » Kyra: How far away is Denandsor?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm » Zoe: Will we have a communication book?
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm » nothing that Whisper reported, no.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 pm » Are there any Wyld Hunts or similar concerns along the way?
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:17 pm » Echo: there should be a few rivers and streams along the way
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:17 pm » Zoe: Are there sources of fresh water along the way to the city?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:16 pm » Kyra: Riding horses? Sadly, no. I can turn into a horse.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm » Sai: ..very well
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm » Echo: don't worry about impressing me sai~ No one else does~ and it's more important that everyone makes it out unharmed than impressing me~
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm » Zoe: Are either of you skilled in riding horses?
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:12 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:12 pm » Sai: I shall work to impress you
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:11 pm » Echo: A library with esoteric knowledge was opened shortly before the silence, so sending some people experienced in esoteric knowledge seemed wise, and Sai of course is skilled in combat so if it is the bandits or a related problem the group of you should be able to handle it, or at least survive to tell me what's happening~
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:08 pm » Sai: ASye, very concerning.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:08 pm » Zoe: Did you have any particularly logic to the selection process for people to investigate?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:08 pm » (Kyra: After whatever is causing the problem is taken care of, that is.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » (Kyra, to herself: A library! Perhaps I could find something on nulling artifacts... or Paragon... or sorcery...)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » (Zoe knows she's already headed over there)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » Echo: I waited almost a month before sending Whisper, it wasn't the first time things had gone quiet, thing happen of course~ And Whisper thought it was urgent considering her mother is the Head Matron and she was worried.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » Kyra: The obivous conclusion would be to draw some sort of cause and effect between the opening of the library and the lack of contact, probably by loosing something dangerous.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » (ooc:)
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm » ())C:What, that makes Sai's ears perk, and not Zoe's? ^_^)
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm » Sai: ...A library! *Ears perk*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm » Kyra: [thinking]
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm » Zoe: Did Whipser think this was urgent, and how long did you wait before sending her?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm » Echo: and nope~ no new reports since then~
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm » Echo: the matron's last communication was about a library they had opened while exploring the city and how it had a wealth of information seemingly.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 pm » (after that, she means)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 pm » Echo: As for why it is empty, well the city has a miasma or curse or simply something is wrong with the dragon lines under it, but those with minds capable of fear when entering the city grow fearfull as time passes and eventually flee, even exalted
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 pm » Kyra: And you received no other reports?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm » Sai: ... So more likely the defenses were a threat to her than the bandits, if her words were true...
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm » Zoe: What was the Matron's last communication?
Mithril Jack « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm » Echo: The city has only some automated defenses left in it's walls, though some can be quite dangerous, as for the bandits Whisper described them as "bunch of disorganized idiots who don't even have the sense to tie their horses to a post, patchwork armor, some falling apart artifact weapons and one warstrider in bad condition"
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm » Zoe: *thinking*
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm » Sai: ...aye, what she said...
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 pm » Kyra: Describe what you know about these bandits.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 pm » Sai: Hm.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:58 pm » Kyra: Scavenger bandits?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 pm » Sai: What... what sort of dangers are within this place?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 pm » Echo: She accounted for her travels, how far she had traveled and anything odd or interesting she encountered, there wasn't much of the second~ her last communication before arriving at the city and going quiet was that there seemed to be a band of scavenger bandits relatively near the city.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 pm » Zoe: What reports did Whisper send before she stopped communicating?
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 pm » Echo: Their Head Matron had one of my artifact books that would allow her to write to the library easily, i lost communications two months ago, I know it was lost because I didn't recieve my weekly report, and whisper had the same communication method, stopped communicated two weeks ago and honestly with Whisper i can't be 100% she's not just feeling like not talking~ but best to check~ She was there to find out why the city was no longer reporting in.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 pm » Sai: What sort of purpose was Whisper within this place for?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 pm » Kyra: [thinking]
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 pm » Sai: ...the Empty City?
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 pm » Zoe: So what kind of communication were you in with them, how long ago did you lose that communication, how did you know it was lost, and all the same questions with Whisp instead of the city.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 pm » Echo: Yep~ it's the "empty city" I've been working on making it so the people living nearby can enter easily~
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm » (JN the player: [had forgotten about it])
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm » (Oh. Denandsor. THAT city.)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm » Kyra just knows it's a city that's out in the scavenger land that trades scavenged artifacts and tends to be ok with exalts.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm » ok, Zoe knows this: Denandsor was a major city during the first age, one of the great cities, a place of great learning and especially of craftsmen, some of the greatest inventions and artifacts originated in Denandsor. After the usurpation it remained the pride of craftsmen even if it was slightly diminished, but during the contagion and raksha invasion something happened, and an artifact was activated. After that moment nothing with a mind can enter Denandsor and remain for long before being forced to leave in terror, even exalts. However there is a city of the decendants of the people who once lived in the city nearby and the people there are able to penetrate into the city for longer and deeper than anyone else in creation. They tend to take a nuetral position in the region's conflicts, choosing to stay out of them all and trade their salvaged artifacts and artifact pieces. They're also very much not immaculates, and welcome exalts to visit... so long as they don't make trouble. She also knows it's one of Echo's projects, trying to slowly work on the people so they can enter the city freely as mortals, since even exalts have trouble in the city. It's been working for the most part with the average person from the city able to stay many times longer than even an exalt and able to walk easily within the outer walls. She also knows Whisper is Echo's main link with the city since she was born there.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm » BCOOC: *frets from all the way in another game*
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm » SaiOOC: *Feels like kind of a dick*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm » *accord
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm » ZoeOOC: It makes it difficult for me to volunteer of my own accod.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm » ZoeOOC: You did mention me in the 'debt of graditude' comment.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm » 8,1,4,1,5, 8,9,5 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 pm » Sai: What is Denandsor? Is this one of the ancient cities, Echo?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 pm » Man, I wish I had managed to afford that specialty in history. Ah well. I'm not going to roll, actually. Sai probably wouldn't know anything about it.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm » 8 successes
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm » roll lore + int for info on denandsor anyone who wnats to know stuff ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm » Echo: of course Zoe. I thought it would be prudent to start with the reason~
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » SaiOOC: I didn't!
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » Kyra: Denandsor... [trying to recall what it is]
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » Sai: Er, yes. more intelligence ought to be good.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » ZoeOOC: Thank you greatly for implicetly volunteering me.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » Zoe: Do we get further details about that?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm » Sai: *Folding his arms* Both Lady Zoe and I owe Whisper a debt of gratitude we may not ever be able to repay. I will go.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 pm » Zoe: *...well that is actually important*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 pm » Echo's face turns slightly more serious. I call you all here because we have lost contact with the city of Denandsor, and when I sent Whisper to investigate she too stopped communicated back with us. So I'd like to send a larger group who will hopefully be able to find out what happened.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm » (KyraOOC: Strange. I had the most unusual urge to say 'DUN DUN DUN', for a moment.)
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 pm » (pff)
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm » SaiOOC: I need to stop using elipses.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm » Sai: ...everything.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 pm » Kyra: [inspecting him, like a bird] Historian? What are you researching?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 pm » Sai: ...just Sai, now. Dabbling historian and... what did they call it? Warrior of the Full Moon caste.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 pm » Kyra: [inclining her head to him] I'm Kyra. [Kyra's clothes are entirely colorless— shades of light and dark, but no color.] And you are?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 pm » (you all are in the scavenger lands, near the sandy river meets the Maruto river)
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 pm » Sai: *Looking over at Kyra, ears perking up* Who is the lady?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 pm » (Demo: May I inquire where in the threshold are we?)
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:35 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm » Sai: The thought hath crossed my mind, lor- elder. *Is still getting over being a soldier in Her Majesty's Army*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm » Zoe: *figures it is probably for an equally frivolous reason as the LAST time Echo wanted to talk to her*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm » Zoe: *reading*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm » ]
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm » Kyra: [looking curiously at Sai and Zoe, who she hasn't met before.
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm » Right, when everyone makes their way finally to the room they'll find echo sitting at the other side of a table in the middle of the dining room. It's a fairly small dining room, sparcely decorated with rugs and othert things that would absorb sound well. Zoe is, of course, the last to arrive. and when she does Echo smiles and claps his hands. "All right, I suppose you all are wondering why I call you here today~"
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 pm » ,
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm » ((BC: *misses the squirrels sometimes*))
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm » Sai will go to the fourth floor, taking his staff with him
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm » Sai: *Has taken to wood carving lately, standing up from a carving on a staff he's been making* Hm.
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:25 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm » Kyra, known as Keen-Eyed because the name was given to her in her trials but she finds it embarassing: [reads the notice. Thinks for a moment, then rises, shifts, and flies up to the fourth floor.]
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm » Zoe: *will get there eventually*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm » Zoe: *tucks the piece of paper in her pocket and resumes research*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm » (Well! Here goes.)
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm » Currently all three of our lunars, Kyra, Zoe and Sai are at Echo's manse, as it's one of the more impressive locals for research in the area. While all three are at whatever tasks they are currently pursuing they receive a message from one of the manse's keepers, slightly larger than average squirels of much higher than average(for squirrels) intellect. All the messages are identical: "Please meet in the fourth floor dining room- Echo"
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 pm » Mint: *Goes back to being noncanon*
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 pm » Zoe: *does not like birds landing on her*
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm » Mint: *Has made Zoe some teeny hedgehog spectacles*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm » KyraOOC: [tries to hang on!]
Mithril Jack « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: *shakes self*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm » KyraOOC: [in bird form, perches on top of ZoeOOC]
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm » .
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm » Zoe: *hedgepiggle glare*
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm » ok, so tonight on exalted the lunar group gets their next adventure! And Grang too.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm » Grang: ...Zoe, you are not allowed to be so adorable
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 pm » Zoe: *reading a book in hedgehog form*
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:17 pm » SaiOOC: *Sits eagerly*
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 pm » I'm just firming up Kyra.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 pm » Ok. Well, I'm ready.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 pm » Jane: [presents present]
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 pm » Okee. *munches popcorn*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:13 pm » Doing all right.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm » Pretty good
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm » how about the rest of you all?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:09 pm » I am tired. long day at work on a sick stomach and working with the laziest of coworkers and craziest of customers. So, it's nice to be here doing something fun
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:09 pm » *gets popcorn*
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:09 pm » Lunar night, whee!!!
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm » Hidy.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm » Jane is present, last I checked
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm » Before we begin, how are you guys?
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm » so is jane around and hiding as usual?
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm » Hey!
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm » hee
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm » ...Demo, dangit!
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm » *Semo
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm » Hey Wally! Hey Deom!
Demothesis « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 pm » heya all.
Wallycaine « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:04 pm » Heya
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:03 pm » Nevermind. Sorry. I kinda got past it. Maybe I'll ask people later.
Claire « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm » Kyra has: Emerald Countermagic (cancel sorcery), Impervious Sphere of Water (barrier of water), and Mists of Eventide (sleep spell).
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm » OK, finally chosen her spells!
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm » Sure, why not.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm » What does it entail?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm » I might.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 pm » Hm... ok, I've got a question for a game I'm playing. Anyone up to help me run a barbarian colony?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm » Hmm.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 pm » Maybe...
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:35 pm » Could you, say, use Stormwind Rider to cross a huge lake?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:35 pm » Hmm.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:32 pm » Like how in DND you can use a tenser's floating disc to move over water because it technically says it hovers over any SURFACE and can be guided by your mind
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm » Remember stunts, with the DM's approval, can change how a charm or spell works as long as it isn't game breaking and makes a semibalance of sense
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm » I think you could stunt for it?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm » Will Stormwind Rider work over water?
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm » I'd say pick stormwind rider, which will let you transport people, as well as Emerald Countermagic or Virtuous Guardian of the Flame
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:29 pm » Or, if you're going purely for utility...
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:29 pm » Mm... I still like making your character a water mage... Mists of Eventide and Unstoppable Fountain of the Depths plus Impervious Sphere of Water gives you a bit of a fun theme to start your character with.
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 pm » Impervious Sphere of Water.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 pm » What's the third reserved for?
Jane Narbon « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm » I do only have three slots. Pick two out of that list.
Professor Zobot « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm » Hm. I see you thought long and hard about this, that certainly is a short list. I thought you only got three?
chicgeek « Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:24 pm » .

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:09 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 1:07 am » I;ve been preoccupied- finals is this week, as it happens. ^^
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 am » By the way— How have you been, T? I haven't seen you around
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 am » Yay!
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 am » Sounds like. :)
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 am » so next saturday should be fun it looks like ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 am » Thanks.
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 am » .
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 am » g'luck Zo
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 am » Best of luck. :
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 am » ! Good luck, Z...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 am » Just do whatever you need to do Zo.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am » Oh, dear...
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am » Depends. I'm gonna possibly need surgery
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am » I don't know for sure. I may have to cancel the trip
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 am » Same here.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 am » : )
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 am » Well, we'll miss you, Zobot, but I hope you have a good visit.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 am » kk
Claire « Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 am » Next Saturday I can do whenever, but the following Saturday I'm probably going to be late. (10ish? I will know more when we get closer, because I have a parent coming who has not planned that far ahead yet)
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am » I'm off saturday. And the following one, available by 5:30.
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am » I'm available the next two Saturdays, probably any time.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am » And pending anything happening, I am available all day any saturday, due to being a layabout/student/on a completely different time.
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am » AFAIK I.ll be available anytime.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » Well, that's important.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » Thats alright. :) I hope its fun!
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » that's fine Zo, we have at least two saturdays to work with ^.^
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » Aww.
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » I'm kind of going to be in chicago visiting family
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » I can't promise that I'll be able to play next saturday... I'm sorry about that.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » Yay!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » *fully
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am » *may finally be fuly conscious for a whole game!*
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » I'd be up for it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » a couple of weeks ago I gave my new availability to work and requested not to work saturday nights or sunday mornings, the next two weeks at the very least it seems that's being respected. so next saturday I'm available as early as the earliest of you all. we may even be able to run two groups the next two weeks. so everyone that can, please tell me your available next saturday and the saturday after that, earlist times and latest. we'll see how it works ut
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » And what, Demo?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » Yessssss.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 am » XD
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am » Would anyone be interested in that? I can come back on tommorow night with, say, five Silly Anime Hairstyles to vote between.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am » Dooo itttt!
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am » And have people vote on which one Peri gets.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am » ...Ilm tempted to collect a bunch of Silly Anime hairstyles...
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am » Whee!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 am » ?
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 am » ok, and that's it for tonight. hope that's enough of a game for tonight. ^.^ we'll pick up next week, which speaking of: guess what!
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 am » Peri: *sometims a little envious of that, but theres time to learn*
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 am » Ti: *totally talked to the gods around her house while she was packing*
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am » Ti: *figures the others should be used to it by now*
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am » Ti: Adachi and you have done pretty good. *smiles* I'm glad to see it.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am » Peri glances at Ti. "Proooobably. "
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 am » (Hehehe)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:47 am » "Pff. You're welcome, for what that's worth, but this? What you have now? Is all your doing." Hue glances from Ti to the ship. "...Is Ti talking to gods again?"
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 am » Goralo looks a bit more... well dressed than he had the last time Ti saw him, looking still like a swashbuckler, looks less unkempt than last time, his coat bearing more golds and white colors
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 am » (And, as the First Age yielded way to the Age of Sorrows, so were the Dragon-Bloods' hairstyles mere shadows of what had been in the First Age.)
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:45 am » Ti: *waves back* Hey, Goralo! Looking good!
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am » Peri: ... *smiles* I know I am proud to see it, so he must be far more then I.
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am » (It was a different time, Sarah. Times when hairstyles included gold and silver bangles, copious amounts of feathers and dyes, and in come cases, tiny artificial waterfalls)
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am » Goralo:*waves at Ti when he notices her looking* 'llo lassie~!
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 am » Adachi looks back at his ship, with a sad smile. "Yeah, dad would be proud of how well I've done. thanks for giving me the opportunity."
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 am » (I'd pay to see that.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 am » Hue nods. "Fair enough. Thank you for this." He looks at the ship again. "...You've done well. Very well. You should be proud."
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 am » Peri: Tch, I think they can handle me snoring.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 am » Ti: Sounds good.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:39 am » Adachi: Right! Well, let's all get going eh? Should be done loading soon. We've only got a couple rooms so you'll all have to bunk together, only so much room and all.
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:39 am » (If only it were the first age, where making increasingly implausible hair styles might have been a competition somewhere...)
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 am » .
Claire « Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 am » Peri: 8sigh* It gos in cycles. Loops, spikes, that reciculous upswing bit... *smiles* I;ll think of something, with a long voyage and all.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:37 am » .
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:36 am » Adachi: implausible hair is always in fashion. *grins*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 am » Hue: Thank goodness.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am » Peri: Luckily, i think large, implausible hair curlicues are out of fashion now.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am » Peri: That, I can do.
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am » (Seeya, Wally!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am » ((Bye Wally!))
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am » Adachi: orrrr you could try looking like an islander. You know the look and no one will ask questions
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » (goodnight, Wally)
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » bye Wally
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » (Cya, Wally)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » Hue: *snerk*
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am » ((Alright, I'm heading out. It's been fun watching, though ^_^ ))
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 am » (Hee)
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 am » Peri: Got it. Put hair in rediculus curlicues and speak in a thick northern accent. *deadpan*
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 am » Adachi: *laughs a bit* Well, the city's a hub for a bunch of folks, easy to blend in among the other oddities. In fact trying to look like a local's going to get you noticed fastest.
Jane Narbon « Sun May 06, 2012 12:29 am » *snerrrk*
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 am » FlimOOC: Well, first you put on this red clown nose and big floppy shoes. They're ALL the rage now. Then you..."
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:25 am » Peri: *points to his hair* This, for instance, does not cry 'stealth'.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:25 am » Peri: Which if you;ve been to lately, we could use some advice on how to blend in a little.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:25 am » Adachi: oh? I can work with that, got to drop off some cargo in great forks on the way, but we should be able to get you there. We do some trading there anyway.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 am » Hue: Nexus.
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 am » .
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 am » Adachi thinks a moment, obviously going over the manifest in his mind. "We should be able to fit you all in easily enough. where you heading?"
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:19 am » Peri: *nods*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 am » Hue looks over the ship, then back to him. "Hoping to book passage actually."
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:17 am » Ti: So, Adachi, do you have room for a few passengers?
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:17 am » Adachi: *looks you all over*So, what're you all doing here?
Wallycaine « Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am » Peri snorts a little as Adachi is teased. "Oh... theres a lot to be said about the crew feeling like they can bother you." he notes, smiling.
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am » .
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 am » .
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am » Flim: *asks Boulder to stay and look after our things.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am » Hue: *nodnod* Leaving someone to mind the fort would be wise.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am » Adachi grins, reddening a bit. "got to look impressive for the crew or they'll mutiny, won't you lot of rogues?!" The crew throws back a few wll meaning insults about Adachi's age and something about beanpoles making horrible masts.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am » ((Peri gained a charisma point ovr... three whole years of working on it. :D )
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am » Peri: Nothing wrong with making sure things are looked after here. *Diplomacy!*
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:12 am » FlimOOC: basically i'm worried that, since he didn't exalt, it may be to dangerous for him
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am » Peri: Just so long as you can see over the edge... *to Film* Up to you and he, I s'pose.
Mithril Jack « Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am » Flim: Should Boulder come with us too?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am » Hue: What? No, no, you're already far too tall. *teasing grin* The top of your head will be brushing up against Yu-Shan at this rate.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am » Ti:*smiles* It's good to see you, too. *looks for the ship spirit, n ods to him if/when she spots him*
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am » Adachi: only a bit, reckon I've still got another couple inches to go before I'm done.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am » Peri: *has also grown, but mostly in his continuing resemblance to a bear*
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am » Peri: *is about to comment on haircut styles, before he's hugged* Hah! Well, look whos grown up... *smiles*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am » Hue: *whole face breaks into huge grin*
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:07 am » Ti:Well, we could always dye it...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:07 am » Hue: Our friends will be looking for clear outsiders. Experienced traders have their own look.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:07 am » and a few hours later you all are at the docks, standing in front of a familiar ship. The crew is working to load up some supplies for trading in the nearby cities. And at one end of the ship overseeing things is a young man, barely into puberty, a scraggly mustache and beard dusting his upper lip and chin, tall and awkward, but the way he orders the crew about it's obvious he knows what he's doing. When he notices you all, a bright smile grows on his face and he makes his way accross the ship with loping strides, jumping off the ship and catching Peri up in a hug. "Peri! How've you been? AndHue, Ti, and Master Flim! It's good to see you all again.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am » Hue: Even so.
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am » Ti: It's a trade city-they nhave folks from all over.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am » Hue: These traders just came back from Nexus. I strongly suggest we ask them how we should change our appearance to better blend in.
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 am » Peri: *will also let a few friends hes made know he'll be gone for a while, and no rematches*
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 am » Peri: As it is, it just looks like I grew my hair out from a dye job... might make an immaculate suspicious, but otherwise okay.
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am » .
chicgeek « Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am » He also stopped in at a couple houses to let folks know he would be away. Just people he talks to frequently. And he left a note on the door.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:02 am » Hue did at some point go to the library, let the librarian know the book was done, and asked that it be put in circulation.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am » Hue: ...Good question. We don't want to stick out, but we don't know what the fashions in Nexus are.
Demothesis « Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am » Alright, Peri ends up putting one of the city guard in charge of the watchouse. A relatively older guard, who usually ends up doing more paperwork than anything, but who's still got quite the keen mind .
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am » Peri: Hue, should I cut my hair? *has a full gradient from dark blue at the bottom, to whiteish at the top*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am » ((Whoops! Thought that was a wild pokemon. *bows and apologizes to Fuzzy*))
Professor_Tinker « Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am » Oterwise, Peri can be ready to go pretty soon.
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am » (Ok, I'll shut up)
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am » (SaffronOOC: *Chuckling*
Professor Zobot « Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am » ((SaffronOOC: Enemy SAFFRON could not be caught because it's trainer FUZZY was standing in the way!))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm » ((*baps Saffron with a Pokeball*))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm » Peri: ... *wonders if he should ger a haircut finally*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm » Peri is going to set up a schedule for the watchouse, and leave someone he trusts in charge- ask someone to look after his garden... pack up, that ind of thing.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm » (SaffronOOC: Saffron! SA-FFRON!)
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm » nope.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » and with that, the elder waves and leaves you all to it. anything else anyone needs to do?
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » Elder: hmmmmm~ the barkeep will lie~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » Hue: *moving the conversation along!*
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » Poor Beard
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm » Peri: *still a bit embarassed at being pegged*
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » ((Alright that last typo was not the keyboard's fault.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » ((HATE))
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm » ((*GIVE I have this keyboard))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm » Hue: Is there any other advice you could gie us, sir?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm » Peri: *reddens a little* I'll... try to keep a eye on that.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm » The elder laughs lightly. "Ah, that's what worries me young one~ The nce sidekicks are usually the ones who try to do so much more~ Living up to an idealized version of those they looked up to~ but best of luck~ "
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm » (No, but you cant use the wireless anymore.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:53 pm » ((So when you capture a Fair Folk, can it corrupt your save file?))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:52 pm » Peri: I;m used to that... thank you, though. *nods* I used to be a sidekick. *is blunt about his origins*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:52 pm » Flim: *bows head. Wise advice Elder. Thank you.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 pm » (So do you want your starter to be solar, lunar, or sidereal?)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » *too
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » ((Darnit, I always hit Relentless to hard and he faints.))
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » I enjoy it
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » Oh, I know ^_^
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » (C'mom Wally, w ehave to be silly. It's in the rules)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » (I actually had an idea for a campaign based on that... 'twas pretty twisted.)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm » Elder: Adventures tend to... snowball a bit~ be carefull to know when you're soing more than you can~
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm » (Heehehee.)
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm » ...You people
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm » Hue: *smiles and inclines head slightly*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm » TiOOCC: Chejak, I choose you!
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 pm » ((Demooooo, you're going to make me wake my housemate! Uncontrollable laughter at 1 am is not acceptable roomie behavior.))
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 pm » ElderOOC: and if you wait until they're nearly unconcious you can capture the abyssal with a pokeball, after that they'll loyally serve you.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 pm » Peri: *bows a little* I;m sure we;d be honored.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 pm » Ti: Please.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 pm » Ooooo
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:45 pm » Elder: ah, a fine adventure~ Saving a life~ We all must start somewhere and that as a fine start~ if I may offer the advice of one experienced in adventures~?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:45 pm » (Now he teaches us how to use a pokeball!)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » Peri nods at the Elder. "A rescue."
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » (All right, Ti corrals anyone she's taught to take care of things for her, and packs medicines, restoratives, teas, poisons, among other useful things, before rejoining the others, if there's time)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » Elder:*has a talent of just showing up whenever something important has just happened/is about to happen*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » ((*Pokemon flashbacks*))
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm » ((Pfffff-))
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 pm » anyway, once your all done there and on your way to the port you run accross the elder of the city who's never identified as having a name beyond Elder. He sits in a chair on the patio of a house along the path to the port. "Hello young ones, You have the look of an adventure about you~"
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 pm » Peri: *noting down a patrol schedule*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm » Peri: Always good advice.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm » (Back)
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 pm » Flim: An admirable goal, to be sure
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 pm » (sorry, brb again)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 pm » Thane: don't die is my default final bit of advice.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 pm » Hue: Noted. Any other last minute words of advice sir?
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 pm » Thane: as for transportation, I suggest heading to the port and taking the boat up near Nexus. It should still be there, we just got our deliveries today after all.
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm » Flim: *shakes hands too
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm » Thane: Oh? Well, I'll be sure to get a copy for some reading in my off time master hue.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 pm » Hue: *shakes his hand as well* Hopefully we'll be back soon. Oh, the book's done if you want to see it.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 pm » Ti: *shakes his hand* I'll be back running the guard ragged before you know it. Just...you all be careful, too.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 pm » Ti: Heh. Allright, you know my apprentices, or you will, they'll be in charge of the apothecary, and the notebooks I'm leaving are very clear.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 pm » Peri: *shakes his hand* Thank you, sir.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm » Thane nods "Alright, well I wish you all the best of luck." He holds out his hand to shake everyones' hands.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm » (sorry! I had to AFK.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm » Hue: Peri is silly like that.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:27 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:27 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:27 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:26 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm » Peri: 8deadpan* I did tell them they dont have to come.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm » Thane: anyway, you all have my permission to go, just be carefull, and yes I'm aware you could leave all on your own, but I think we all prefer to have it be a mutually agreed upon thing. Just be carefull, you all are walking into a dangerous situation. *waves at Hue* Not really, I suppose you're going to insist on risking your life as well?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 pm » Hue peeks a head in. "Am I interrupting?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:22 pm » (Woo!)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:21 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 pm » (Confused. Didn't intentionally give that expectation. Come on up!)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 pm » (indeed. feel free to join in ^.^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm » (( 'He wonders whats going on up there, and heads up to join them' ? Seems reasonable.))
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm » (Wait, I didn't expect you to stay down?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm » ((reason))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm » ((Would there be any reaso for Hue not to come in and join you? Stayed down because Ti seemed to expect it, not because I had any real plan, and there's not much for me to do...))
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 pm » Thane: Yes, them. The city is perfect for them. no direct confrontations, just dancing within a law system easily corrupted. They're more dangerous in that city than anywhere else. but hopefully you won't have to deal much with them.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 pm » Peri's face goes... a little *grim*. "....ah. The guild."
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 pm » Ti: *nods*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 pm » (Aaaaah, the guild)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:15 pm » Thane nods. "one other warning, it's where the Guild is based, and they'll do anything for money, as will most of the people in the city, so be carefull who you trust."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm » Peri: Well, it means WE have to ply by those rules, too...
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm » Flim: If we have to commit violence to free the Magistrate...
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm » Ti: *wry smile* When it's the only game in town.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm » Ti: Doesn't sound like the kind of place the wyld hunt would be holding anyone captive....Well, when do you play a crooked wheel?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:11 pm » Peri: Hm... *thinks* Interesting. Sounds like the place has a beurocractic system.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:11 pm » (Intriguing)
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm » *if not the Emissary
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 pm » Thane rifles through his papers until he finds a scroll and rolls it open. "ok, nexus, it's a bit of an odd place. they nly have one set of unbreakable laws, the "Dogma" No taxes except from the council, none shall obsturct trade, none shall bring an army into nexus, no one shall commit wanton violence, hence me saying the hunt couldn't just attack you, none may falsely lay claim the the council's name or sanction, none shall harbor a fugitive from the council's wrath. Those are the only rules set in stone, the rest are decrees from the council that can be countermanded by any other councilor's decree, and often change, so it's nearly impossible to keep up unless you're there. break the decrees and you'll get trouble from the various mercenary lawkeepers, break the dogma and those lawkeepers will kill or banish you, is not the Emissary itself. Some person in a cloak and mask that seems to be quite powerfull, killed a bunch of dragon blooded officers that tried to occupy the city a couple hundred years ago." "
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:08 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm » *Watches*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:05 pm » Peri nods. "I'd appreciate that. Thank you."
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 11:05 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:03 pm » Thane nods. "Right, just giving you some insight as to what you're getting into. Let me get my files on nexus so you're not heading in blind."
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 11:03 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:03 pm » *and, not as*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 pm » Peri: ... I think. 8rechecks it* Well, either way, it's probably been trapped. But. Family.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 pm » Ti: Anyway....We need to go, trap or no trap. As asap, no telling how long that letter was in transist.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 pm » ((No, the last line mentions Nexus.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 pm » Peri shrugs. "Well, the *fake* letter doesn;t *mention* Nexus, and the coded 'I assume they couldn't read it' letter is what mentions it."
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 pm » (oops, point in case on the no one being perfect *points at self*)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 pm » Thane looks over at Peri, rubbing his chin. "Nexus? Strange, the wyld hunt has no authority there, and solars and their supporters are even allowed to hold office. Though the city is practically the personification of mercenary. The wyld Hunt wouldn't be able to attack you there in the open without the council an the Emissary coming down on their heads like a ton of bricks... Guess they're trying to be clever."
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 11:00 pm » (It's ALWAYS my plan in Minecraft)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:00 pm » ((Hey, it works in Minecraft.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 11:00 pm » ((Because I forgot to tag an OOC line with OOC))
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 11:00 pm » (Awww... the tunnel plan isn't on the table?)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 pm » (( That was Geneve going 'agh sorry' ))
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm » (it's fine tinker, no one's perfect ^.^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm » Peri: He;s in jail, or was, in nexus when he wrote the letter. Theres very few ways to have faked the letters codes they;re private between us.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm » ((AGH SORRY))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm » *OOC
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm » (( Thats right. ))
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm » (Didnt it mention N exus?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm » Hue Thi: Alright, so what we do is run a tunnel from a random poit in the Scavenger Lands alllllll the way to Nexus...
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm » (Nexus)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm » ((Shoot, wheres the letter say he is. ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:54 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 10:54 pm » Hm
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 10:52 pm » Mmmhm
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:51 pm » Ti: *looks at Peri*
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm » Thane nods, pacing the room with slow measured steps, though there is an obvious tension under the calm walk, like a tiger pacing behind a wall waiting for someone stupid enough to come over to it's side. "I see. Yes, they will be waiting, with overwhelming force, that's how the wyld hunt works." there's a bitterness in his voice hinting at personal experience with this. "Where are you going to meet them?"
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm » Ti: Hue's coming with us. And Flim.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm » Peri: I don't doubt they will be waiting for me all the same, but... it;s Family. *says this word as if ti was engraved in steel*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm » Ti: Soo...maybe you can be extra paranoid while we're gone?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm » Peri: But seriously, he sent a coded leter, under the guise of a false letter the immaculates forced him to send to waylay my suspicions.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm » Peri: He sent a letter. 8deadpan*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm » Ti: And we're off to do a Dashing Rescue. But I'm still nervous about that letter even finding it's way here.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm » Thane blinks at that, surprise obvious even hidden behind his beard. "That is... surprising. How did you come to know of this?"
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:44 pm » Peri holds up the letter. "My cousin, Rassilon, has been arrested for discovering something to do with the Immaculates origin."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 pm » Hue laughs along with them, but mostly listens. He's gotten very good at listening lately.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 pm » Thane frowns a bit, barely visible through the beard as he motions for the division leaders to head out, before closing the door. "Alright, what has you two's attention?"
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm » Downstairs a few of the guards are talking with Hue about the stories in the book, ribbing each other about their individual stories, many a claim of exageration and several offers to "correct" their friends' mistakes are made
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm » By the way, Peri hasn;t gotten a haircut yet, so his hair is down to about his legs.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm » Peri: ... what Ti said. *is slightly noticably... concerned*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm » Ti: Perhaps we could discuss this privately?
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm » Thane quirks an eyebrow at Peri, all the more obvious for how large the eyebrow is. "Going somwhere master Peri?"
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm » Ti: We need a moment of your time.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm » Ti: *grins* Ward? That makes you the Warden, I suppose?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm » ((Hue's been collecting anecdotes from everyone in the town, so I guess he'll just chat about how the book's finished if anyone in the guard wants to see their/each other's stories in it. Quite the crop of heroic exploits!))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm » Peri bows a little. "Not this time. but someone will need to watch over the Watchouse for me."
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm » "Ah, my most troublesome ward. And what troublesome place do you plan on dragging my men to this week?" He asks, somewhere between frankly asking and jovial ribbing her.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 pm » upstairs you fine Thane in his office talking to several of the division leaders of the Far guard, going over the month's patrol patterns and reports. He's a short man, built a lot like a barrel with arms and legs, all muscle. His face obscured by a thick beard and eyebrows, long shaggy hair tied roughly into a knot behind his head. He looks over at Ti when she and the rest enter.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 pm » Peri will follow, since it's his cousin. And he's... jittery.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 pm » Hue sits and waits.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 pm » Ti: Shall we? *heads up to the office*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:37 pm » ((....I just made up a name! Could be a nickname, if you like.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:37 pm » Per nods to the guard. "Chrysanthemum."
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:35 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm » Ti: *To guard* Thanks.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm » Ti: We'll be back, Hue.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm » the guard, a young lady wearing a chain hauburk and working on sharpening some throwing axes, points upstairs at Ti's question. "He's up in his office bossypants-ing"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm » Hue: *has been making copies of all the books*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm » Ti: *wouldn't have as many, or as good, copies of her studies without Hue's help*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm » Peri: *actually will miss his garden and things*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 pm » Hue: *has been talking to pretty much everyone*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 pm » Hue: I suppose I only need to leave my book in the library... but I'll miss visiting.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 pm » Ti: *grins at a member of the Far Guard she's friendly with* Hey, is Sir Bossypants in?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 pm » (SargeOOC: Bwi! *Watering the Opium. In the same way a sprinkler waters a lawn of grass. Is a useful dragon*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:30 pm » Ti: Yeah, I'll have to leave my apprentices in charge of the stillroom and garden. And they'll have to draft help, too. *shrugs* That's why I make detailed books. They'll be fine.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:30 pm » Thane's home eventually looms overhead, one of the large plots of land on the outer ring of the city. His house a three story building that looks one part mansion and three parts hunting lodge, with the Far Guard members who are on break lounging inside and enjoying each other's company or taking care of their weapons and armor, or sparring in the courtyard.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 pm » Hue takes the sight in, committing it to memory... just in case.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm » Peri smiles as he looks around, glad to have contributed in some small way.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm » Peri: ... damn, maybe I can get someone to water my opium...
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm » As you all head through the city to Thane's offices/home, you can see how it's changed in just two years, it's already grown a bit, more houses, more people and a couple new solars, there's even been a lunar who came to the city instead of going to the lunars, though you all know that's caused some tensions with the lunar elders in the area. But for the most part the city is more alive, bigger than when they first arrived. Though the large peek at the center of the city looks virtually untouched, having only a fortress at the very top.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm » Peri: And I;ll pack my relaxants.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm » Ti: *pats Peri on the shoulder* I'll pack medicines and restoratives. And some good tea.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm » Ti: He'll just be extra vigilant for a while, and run the forest patrol ragged. *smiles* Can't hurt.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm » (Peri gained: +1 open emotional state!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm » PeriL ...*smiles about the boy* Hm? Oh, right. Telling... people. *pauses* I am sorry, I;m not thinking clearly. I;m really worried abot Rass.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm » Hue: *nodnod*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 pm » Ti: But I do thing we need to share this info with Thane Griese, bossypants that he is, as we leave. I'd feel better if he knew, even if we've just been assured that the letter got here without them knowing where.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 pm » Hue: *smiles and nods* Glad to hear the boy's taken his inheritance.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm » Peri: Well, we know they haven;t tracked us... ah, damn. I JUST got the watch set up...
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm » Heh
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm » Ti: What? No. I'm just rememebring the boat we got her on? The one who's owners died?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm » Hue: ...Ti, are you considering doing something incredibly foolish or dangerous? I need to be certain.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:20 pm » Hue: *doesn't really look less worried*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm » Ti: Artifact boat. Hmm.. *exchanges glances with Hue*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm » ((Hee.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm » Peri nods, looking at the letter. "I just wanted to be sure. Better to insult then to be unsure." he bows, respectfully. "Thanks for putting us at ease."
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm » (heh, sounds like a detective Tao book too)
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm » (OOC:Sounds like a band. Tao and the Travelling Soothsayers)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm » The messenger's grin fades to a bit of a frown. "Only iffin they manage to track down th' soothsayers or supply transports. Hard t' do th' last one fer sure. We got a real impressive transporter coupla years ago. Guy's got this artifact boat, old first age thin' 'bout impossible to track r keep up wit'"
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 10:15 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:15 pm » Peri: Huh. And that doesn;t... say lead the Immagulates here, if they;re the ones who sent the letter...?
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:15 pm » The messenger smiles the sort of smile Peri has probably seen before on Rassilon's face, the one that's giddy at the excuse to explain something particularly clever. "Oh that's easy. We gots folks all over creation what work to help th' shinin' ones like yerself. Drop off a letter with 'em and they hand whotever they get t' the travelin' soothsayers, who event'lly drop 'em off with th' supplies headin' our way. Whot little we need. We get a shipment once a month 'r so."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:15 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 pm » /
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:13 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:13 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:11 pm » he hands him a few coins, and nods. "Any chance you tell me where the hell this came from, and how it managed to find me? I;m a little confused how anyone knows Im here... glad as I was to find it."
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:11 pm » The messenger bows, taking the tip and slipping it into his robes. "Thankya sir. Appreciate the patronage."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:10 pm » Peri will actualy give him tip.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm » you all have seen him delivering letters mbefore in all likelyhood
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm » yes, he's an inhabitant of the city
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm » (I'd imagine that strangers would stand out)
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm » The messenger beams up at Peri. "Came all this way t'give me a tip? Why thank ya sir."
Claire « Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm » (Hi, sorry I'm late)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm » Peri sets a hand on his shoulder. "Forgot to give you a tip."
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm » Do we recognize him as an inhabitant of the city, or is he a stranger?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:06 pm » Ti: Plus, I think that Rassilon might be the perfect bait to catch some solars with.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:06 pm » It won't take long to find the messenger, the city has it's own post office, to pass letters and packages among the city. It's a small office since the city is sparcly populated at this point. And inside one of the messengers sitting in the lobby is the one that delivered Peri's letter.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm » Hue: Peri. Suppose for a moment that the Wyld hunt had directions to this city. That would be bad, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 pm » Hai.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 pm » Peri: Lets go that. *turns to find him*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 pm » Yes.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 pm » si
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 pm » Yes.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 pm » excellent idea, do you all want to do that? ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 pm » Ti: The Immaculates who know you're his cousin. Who you're on the run from because you're a Solar. In a hidden town. *sighs* Maybe we should talk to the messenger.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 pm » Peri: They probably forced him to write it. *shrug* I don't know how they *specifically* got it to me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm » Peri: So I wouldn't worry enough to check on him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm » Peri: They sent it to me.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm » Hue: What Ti said.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm » Hue: Yes, but how did it get *here*?
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm » Ti: Peri. The location of the town is hidden. Because it supports solars. It's not the note itself, but how it got here without tipping off his jailors as to it's destination.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm » Peri: They bought it, and didn't check it for impressions. So they sent both along. But Rassilon wouldn;t consider good news worth telling me alone.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm » Peri: He tricked them into thinking the blank paper- *holds that up* was his signal that its really him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm » Peri: The first letter- *holds it up* is just meaningless 'everything is fine here~' nonsense.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm » Peri: The immaculates let him send it so I would think he;s fine.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm » Peri: *points to the paper* It says so right here.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm » Hue: Yes, that is worrying...
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm » Ti: *now asks question from earlier*Soo...how did he manage to get a note sent to you, without the Immaculates who are holding him prisoner finding out the destination of the note? Don't get me wrong, we need to rescue him, but has the town been comprimised?
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm » heh))
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm » Ti: Of course it'll be dangerous. That's why we're coming along.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 pm » Hue: *now looks affronted* And what, exactly, are we?
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 pm » Ti: *rolls eyes*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 pm » Peri: ... you don;t have to come. It will be dangerous, and this is my family.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 pm » Peri: As for if hes in danger... he says that he found something about the origins of the Immagultes. and he asked me to rescue him.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 pm » Hue: *looks surprised at Ti* ...Well of course he's not going by himself. Was there any question of that?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm » Hue: ...Point. What I mean is, how long do we reasonably have to rescue him?
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm » Ti: Can't let you rush off by yourself.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm » Ti: No, *we're* going to Nexus.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm » Peri: This is Rassilon. If he held over a pit of lava, he would say hes a LITTLE hot.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm » (np)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » ((Sorry, Peri was just calling her by name, and then by Teacher. Didn;t mean to confuse.))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » (Yes, but you said you weren't sure if Fist was in Nexus, but you guessed that Sensei will be, so that sounds like two different people)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » Peri: He's in *jail*.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » Peri: So, Im going to Nexus.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm » Hue: Do we have any reason to believe he's in genuine danger? He certainly doesn't sound very... urgent, here.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm » (( And I cant type. ))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm » (( It just means teacher.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm » (( *sensei))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm » ((Senei.))
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 pm » (Okay, I thought Fist was Peri's teacher-there's a Sensai, too? Remind me, please?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 pm » Peri: The Empress has gone missing. And no one knows what to do.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 pm » Peri: *sighs* it;s a consession on their part of what we already... have been worried about.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 pm » Ti: And the Immaculates dared arrest a magistrate...*low whistle*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 pm » Peri: I;m not sure if Fist is in Nexus too or not, but my guess is Sensei will be. *looks more nervous about this then you;d think*
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 pm » Ti: *looks at note*
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » *mistaking it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » Peri: *hands the sheet out, so everyone can look at it* He's using a sign to me that its definitly him, in code. Theres no real mistaking.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » (Retract that then for the moment)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » Peri: It's from rassilon. He's in jail. *deadpan* And apparently doing great. In Nexus.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm » (Sorry!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm » (Chic, he hasn;t relayed the info yet.)
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm » Ti: Soo...how did he manage to get a note sent to you, without the Immaculates who are holding him prisoner finding out the destination of the note? Don't get me wrong, we need to rescue him, but has the town been comprimised?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 9:45 pm » (A draft? Heh)
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm » Ti: *listens*
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm » (Peri has a tower? Heh.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm » Peri: Soooo I got a note from home....
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm » Hue: Comes as quickly as possible, with wet ink still on his fingers*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm » Someday I wanna play a character like Rassilon
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm » ...that was awesome
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm » Peri waves them down.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm » Peri sighs, and notes, quietly, how he fails to note hes in PRISION for quite a while there.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm » Right, that's easy enough, soon enough Hue, Ti, and Flim are all at Peri's tower, from whatever they were up to that particular day
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm » Heh.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm » *facepalm*
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm » *snerk*
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm » Yessir. He;ll also try to flag down the other groups, if he can.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm » the second sheet of paper, once the charcoal has been used to show the words reads: "Hey Peri and company. Did you know the wyld hunt is surprisingly easy to fool? They bought that a blank sheet of paper was my 'this is really me' signal. Course they thought they'd picked the blank page for me, but well, I know a bit of slight of hand. So, I found out something about the immaculates' origins, or at least a reference to a place that may hold some information about it. Sadly, as we all knew, it was only a matter of time before I got the attention of those hiding things. Well they noticed me digging where they didn't want me to, and hunted me down. So they'll probably be waiting in Nexus when you arrive. Watch out for them. Oh and before you expect me to say "Don't worry about me", I'd rather appreciate a rescue, no way for me to send the information with 100% safety so I'll have to tell you in person, all in my head after all. Haven't seen Fist since our first day in Nexus, sooooo watch out for her too? I have no idea about you, but she had this thing about randomly ambushing me. your cousin Rassilon ps the food fed to prisoners is crap. pps the bed is rather itchy too ppps and there's a draft"
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm » *nods* I don't think that one needs a roll ^.^ one sec
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm » Yep- very carefully, so as not to wreck the impressions.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm » heh, excellent, going to use that to get an impression correct?
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:38 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 9:37 pm » (Ah, that's a neat trick.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:37 pm » Peri hums, and hunts around for another peice f paper, and some charcoal.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 pm » ((This should be good. ^^))
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 pm » right, as Peri examines it he notices something. He can feel the surface of the paper and it feels like it's been written on, but without any ink, like there's little indentations from where words would be usually. he can confirm this when he holds it up carefully to the light, seeing the little shadows that form on the surface.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 pm » 10,7,4,10,6, 5,9,2 (6 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 pm » Whee~
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 pm » as for the blank sheet of paper, roll perception + awareness or investigation to examine it ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 pm » Peri nods, looking over the code- and memorizing the phrases.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm » right, there's indeed a code in the writing. Two things in fact, a safe phrase used to indicate it being really from Rassilon, as well as a second safe phrase "For later"
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm » He peers closer at the text, searching his memory.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:26 pm » 1,6,10,4,2, 10,2 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 pm » Yesser.
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 pm » ok, hmmmmm, roll int + linguistics please ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 pm » Befoe using a charm.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 pm » He's going to first thing and check to see if this is some code he already knows, that Rassilon has taught him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:22 pm » Peri glances at it, and here I;ll be using a charm- one moment.
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 pm » Inside is a letter to Peri from Rassilon, talking about how Rassilon's been getting on, telling Peri Fist has ended up working as his body guard, which Rassilon laments means to Fist that she's been trying to teach Rassilon how to fight. He goes on to say Peri's sister is doing well and most of it is inane meandering talk about some cases he wanted to brag about solving. Then at the very end the last sentence is a very simple. "Meet me in Nexus. Found something reguarding that project of mine." then a blank sheet of paper.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm » (He thinks to himself)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm » It;s JUST his seal.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm » It might not BE Rassilon, after all.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm » Peri glances up. "...It's from someone I know." he says, trying not to tear the envlope as he goes to read it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 pm » He openns it, carefully.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 pm » The messenger hands the letter over. "Greetin's mistah Peri, this arrived fer you today. Weird seal eh?" He seems to be vaguely interested in a friendly manner, trying not to pry but start conversation, obviously wanting to know what it's about.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:14 pm » Peri stares, and only barely manages to avoid snatching it out of his hand.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm » *Rassilon's
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm » It's Peri's Magistrate seal.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm » rigt. So, on this particular day while Peri is standing at his watchtower he would be surprised to find that a messenger has arrived, holding a letter for him. The seal for it is one he is immensly familiar with.
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm » Hue: *writing an epilogue/editor's note to his collected tales of the city*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm » chic is trying to find something, but she's ready
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:11 pm » Peri: *standing in front of the finished, furnished watchouse*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:09 pm » Yep yep.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 pm » and everyone has arrived. ^.^ so, we all ready to begin?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm » hi
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm » Hi T!
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm » Hi tinker
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm » Hey Tinker.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm » heya tinker! so we're just missing MJ now ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm » Allos.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 pm » kk, we'll make do ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 pm » Fair enough
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:03 pm » I should say something... uh, I'm probably not going to be around next weekend
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 9:03 pm » I'm doing alright
chicgeek « Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm » hey
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm » How're you?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm » And Wally! ^^
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 pm » Hi Geneve!
Wallycaine « Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 pm » Hallo
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 pm » heyas ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 05, 2012 9:00 pm » Allo.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm » good to hear
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 pm » I'm... doing better.
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 8:57 pm » how're you all doing?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm » Hi Demo!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm » *Demo
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm » Hey Deom
Demothesis « Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm » heya all
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm » Heh. Thanks, Sarah.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:48 pm » Axel: Awwwww... *was hoping to explode some buildings with those lotion bottles*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:45 pm » *Sleeping on top of someone's demolotions controller*
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 pm » Glad to hear it
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:30 pm » Drawing. ^^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 pm » Thanks
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 pm » Not much. Waiting. Writing.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm » What's up?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm » Heya guys
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 pm » *Z!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:23 pm » Hi, Z@
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm » Hi Zo!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm » zzz
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 pm » Not a clue.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm » Say, where is everybody?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 pm » Heh heh.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 pm » :D I love Link.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:13 pm » Seen: L.Z. (the Legend of Zelda) Noire.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 8:12 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 4:58 am » (You make the best DM, I swear...)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 05, 2012 4:58 am » Yep. G'night, and let's pick this up then!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 05, 2012 4:58 am » Guess it's goodnight, then, Jane!

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm » Hue Thi: *only faintly glowy, but no sense taking chances*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm » Ti: *is also glowy*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: Below deck for me, then. *is blazing*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm » Hue: *nods, but doesn't laugh or say anything*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm » (He'll probably talk to her a little later, when he- and possibly she- aren't quite so shaken.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm » Peri: *hucking the armor in the river too* Right. May he rest in peace and have better luck with rides.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm » Ti: *shows them the papers* Let's get on board. And, belowdecks until we stop shining.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm » (And it may very well bother her. Hmm.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm » (hey, I do have a 2 compassion-I'm not completely heartless. Just practical.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » ok, she finds some papers for getting into Great Forks as well as instructions on "spreading the Walker's Word" to the city. but that seems to be it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » Not saying anything because he also partly suspects she's fine, or at least would be insulted.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » He's not going to say anything, but even if Ti can do this stuff, he worries about how she's being affected by this.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm » Peri: *handles tying rocks to the hammer, and sinking it somewhere deep*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm » Hue thinks that's fair enough. Info is info. We can assume this happens before burning.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:46 pm » Ti: *grimly goes through his pockets. She's gone this far.*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » Ti: I suppose searching him should be done...*makes a moue of distaste* But I don't want his belongings. Just..seeing if he has notes or letters or such.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » *huck
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » I don't
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » (Anyone else object to 'hughit in a river/ buyy em?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:43 pm » Peri: *nods* It'ds what I;d hope enough for. But its good to think about it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:43 pm » Hue Thi is not taking anything, but if others want to he won't stop them.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » (ood question... Peri'd vote for 'huck it in the river')
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » Hue Thi: ...People will be safer now. I can't think of any nobler use for a weapon.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » so, you all leaving the body with his armor and such or taking that?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:41 pm » Peri'll wait with hue, watching him- still cleaning his weapon off.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 pm » Ti collects her weapons, and goes back on the ship, giving Hue some space.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 pm » Peri: *had it carved special*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm » (Ah.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm » (He's reffering to his weapon.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm » (The Liniage?)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm » heh, I did just out of curiosity. that's a nice charm.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:37 pm » Peri: Thanks. *gently wiping off his weapon* Well... t' least the Liniage's first man downeed was a noble enough fight.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 pm » no, there won't be anything else before Nexus, so plenty of time.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 pm » Hue: *seems less bothered now*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 pm » p.218, do I need to roll?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 pm » Hue: *sets the body on fire*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:35 pm » Ti: *uses wound mending technique, which is enough to make her glowy*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:35 pm » doesn't look like it's required actually Beard
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 pm » Ti: ...I can fix that.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 pm » Peri: I could use a little bandaging. I think I broke a rib in there somewhere.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 pm » and I believe so, let me check
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 pm » anyway, that's about it, except any bits of dialogue you want for the Solar group tonight. 4xp for everyone, +1 to Peri for downing the abyssal and +1 for Ti for character stuff ^.^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm » Do I need an active anima banner to use the effect that lets me burn the body?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm » Ti: *is quiet*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:32 pm » (makes sense to me)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:32 pm » (At least you'll be able to tell something is wrong if he limit breaks?)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 pm » (Yes, this may cause a rift between Hue and Ti...well, character development.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 pm » Peri: Well, lets do that, then. Poor bastard.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 pm » Hue Thi: Yes.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 pm » Hue Thi: *is fully aware that he needs to develop a stronger stomach*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 pm » Peri: ... Hue? Want to do a funeral rite?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm » Ti: *doesn't enjoy this, but is practical*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm » Hue Thi: *looks away*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm » Ti: *slits his throat before someone comes up with a good arguement not to* We drop him in the river, yes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm » Peri: ....well, the rivers right there. *being humorous... in a black way*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm » ((GRAH space bar malfunction.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm » Hue Thi: ...You're right. It's too great a risk to him, and other travelers in the area. Though a dead servant attractsattentionas well.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:28 pm » Ti: *nods* And again, him crawling back to his master with descriptions of four soalrs, too. *kneels down by his head*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:28 pm » Peri: We could just take his hammer and armor, but the issue is adachis ship.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:27 pm » Peri: He was willing to, lets not kid, kill someone for backtalk after he demands entry to a boat. Sounds right.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:27 pm » Hue Thi: *trying to think of a solid argument against Ti*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:26 pm » Ti: *draws a dagger* I *was* thinking about slitting his throat. Agree, or not?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:26 pm » (could I have misspelled any more words in that sentance?)\
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm » ((Because whenever you get the chance to poke something with a stick, you should take it.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm » Peri just kind of leans on his tesubo, wincing- he's... well. been hit with a hammer.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm » Ti: Best make sure he satys down for good. Or he'll tell his masters all about the Solars he found. And adachi's life life won't be worth a plugged nickle. either.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm » Hue Thi likewise nudges him with the staff.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm » Adachi: ... *silently packing away the implosion bow, shaking head with a smile*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm » Ti leaps gracefully off the boat, and walks over to the downed foe, prodding him with a toe.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm » Peri: *pant pant pant* ...
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm » (It's not a subtle style. One of its major techniques is leaping on someones shoulders and punching them in the head.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm » The blow easily lifts the heavily armored man off his feet, his warhammer slipping from limp hands as he rises in a momentarily gentle arch before falling into a crumpled heap on the riverbank. He doesn't move, though he seems to be breathing still.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:23 pm » (Pfff XD )
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:22 pm » Ti: *mutters to Adachi* And subtle. Don't forget the subtle.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:21 pm » Peri: You asked who i was before? I'm student of the Yellow Dragon of the Isle.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:21 pm » *whistles*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm » And again- I know this has no state on stats, but *right8 in the solar plexus.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm » 9,10,1,2,7, 3,7,6,5,9, 5,6,7,9,10, 8,3,4,5,10, 2,6,10,1,3, 10,4,2,9,7 (14 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm » (Page 223, athletics charm)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 pm » ok, so 30 then
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 pm » O.o
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 pm » Heh. Very nice.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:18 pm » THunderboldt Attack pranna doubles post-soak damag of rthe attack.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:18 pm » Ahaha see heres were it gets kind of insane...
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:18 pm » Nice.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:18 pm » and a soak of 15B so 15B to roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 pm » Before soak.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 pm » So thats 30.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 pm » Sooo raw then iiisss.... 10 bonus +8 str +12b. (11+gauranteed extra sucsess)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:16 pm » Yellow dragon style!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:16 pm » ok vs a DV of 2
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:15 pm » O.o
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:15 pm » 10,7,3,5,7, 9,9,7,2,4, 10,10,5 (11 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:15 pm » Rolling 13!
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:14 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:14 pm » Peri shoves himself up off the ground, with a roar. "YELLOW DRAGON YOU FALL DOWN NOW!" he grabs his club in both hand, and turns half way around to slam it upwards into his opponents solar plexus.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm » Well, his weapons speed is 5. ^^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm » a bit at least. quarterstaff is speed six, his club is speed 5.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm » Go Peri!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm » Okay, sorry. I guess Peri is just a lot faster than me?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm » Ahh, alright.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:11 pm » it's tick 11
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:11 pm » I don't think so... according to my notes he goes next tick. he went on tick 6, used the staff and that has a speed of 6
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm » Oh! Did Hue get skipped?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm » Peri is going to use the exellency again, AND thunderboldt attack Pranna, this time with his *other* special move: Battle End You Fall Down Now. A sweep of a weapon or fist *upwards, under the bulk of most armors, swuare into the solar plexus with as much of your leverage and force as possible.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm » ...Did I get skipped over?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:09 pm » and success, that's the last of the poison, which I think did 3B total. now peri's up
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:09 pm » ^^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:08 pm » oh wait, first, poison resistance roll
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:08 pm » and it's peri's turn again!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:08 pm » Adachi: *nervous=jokes*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm » Adachi: Of course! Very well forged and everything. can hardly tell it's fake!
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm » Ti: Heh. Nice party trick.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm » Hue: *blink blink* Peri, I don't think now is the time.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 pm » Peri: I PRESUME YOU HAVE A LISCENCE FOR THAT, OF COURSE.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:06 pm » Adachi:...Right. splash damage.*looking very teenage mortified/embarassed*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:06 pm » Peri: *has to use a hand to hold his robes down, clmly puffing on his pipe*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm » which hits at least. XD
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm » Sadly Adachi doesn't get the solar essence minimum dmg, so with the enmy having a soak of 15B he can only roll 1B
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm » soonly the abyssal, the rest of you get a nice bit of a breeze though
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm » just match. defender wins ties
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm » Agl. 3. Do I need to match or beat?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:02 pm » TiOOC: (dammit, peri, are you going to hold that over me forever? It was dark!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » *PeriOOC
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » ("Honest Jane's Used Boat Emporium, how may I help you?")
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » Peri: S'alright, not the first time I been fired on by a friend...
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » 5 is more than enough MJ, Adachi only got 3 successes
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » Er, 5 I guess.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » AdachiOOC: Sorry! sorry! I forgot about the splash damage!
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » 5, but don't forget my seven shadow evasion
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » Peris DV is 6~
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 pm » Hah!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:00 pm » ((Oh, I haven't recalculated yet.))
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:00 pm » TiOOC: *Dopeslaps Adachi*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:00 pm » *whistles innocently* not alllll the time )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 pm » ((Yes, but even when you forget things they kill us.))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 pm » See? even us DMs forget things :P ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 pm » Meep.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:58 pm » oh oops, I, and I'm going to say adachi >.> forgot the bow attacks anyone within 10feet of the intended target. so what's Peri, Hue and Flim's DVs?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:58 pm » Peri grins, glancing back at the ship. "Oh, now, thats a suspicious boat modification if a lawman ever saw one~
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm » No, it's appropriate, Geneve. I would've used caps. ^^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm » 3 successes, which puts the attack one over the abyssal's parry.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm » ...Oops, sorry for the language.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm » Oh hell yes.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm » (rolling adachi's attack)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm » and it's at this time you all notice a buzzing whine from the ship, an instant before a bolt of energy shot accross the distance from the boat towards the abyssal. Adachi standing behind what had been a hidden implosion bow mounted to the ship's deck.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:54 pm » Peri slides his club under the hammer, deflecting it with a grunt- using strength that even exalts would find hard to work to.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:54 pm » righto. nothing there then.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:53 pm » PDV is 6.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:51 pm » 4 successes
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm » ok and it's the abyssal's turn again. He's attacking Peri, but seems to be holding off on any charm use. just straight attacking him.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm » Knife amusingly clatters to the dock, yep.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:49 pm » heh, oh well. it's a miss, deflecting off the armor harmlessly
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:49 pm » 4,2,7 (1 success) See what happens when I don't aim? ^^
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:48 pm » okay, Ti lobs her knife, with bonus ECSJ!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:48 pm » right, that means Ti is up next.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 5:48 pm » kk, 5,3,5 (failure)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:47 pm » and right, still not enough to beat his soak, so essence minimum ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:46 pm » (I think she was annoyed at the way his boss is called the walker, associating something like that with travel)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 5:46 pm » I'm sorry, it should be 10B
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm » ((Hee.))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm » ok, that's not enough to beat his soak, so roll minimum dmg, aka your essence in dmg
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 5:44 pm » 8B
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:43 pm » (Hah! Thats right... they always sank, or worse~)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:43 pm » (hee, probably. he's been cursed by the maiden of journies herself)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm » (ba luck on boats? Sounds like Groo.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm » so now we calculate raw dmg which is: extra successes(2) + str + weapon dmg. jsut give me the number and what kind of damage it is and I'll give the soak for this guy
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm » (This guy has the worst luck on boats. Ibet the last time he hailed a cab it was full of Immaculates.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » and that's 2 over flim
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » nvm. ^^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » heh, apparently.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » ,7,1,10,8, 1,4 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » Ti will throw another knife, casting ECSJ again. No poison this time. Flim, you want to go first, or shall I?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm » (Hi again!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:38 pm » ok, the poison does some more dmg before Ti and Flim are up again.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:37 pm » righto. and now two ticks with nothing happening except poison. so one moment
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:37 pm » Peris Tesubo slams into him, tearing the cloth off of it- revealing a engraved, but surprisingly... *practical* orachulum Tesubo under the plain cloth.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:36 pm » 10,3,1,8,5, 4 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:35 pm » ok, and 15B soak so 6B dmg to roll
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:35 pm » (Go Peri!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 pm » Lesse. 8+12+1= 21 Raw.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 pm » *pat pat?*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 pm » All the same. Sheesh.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm » well, luckily that's one over since he's in the -1 by now. so -2 to his dv of 5=3DV
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm » (Sorry, Tinker, I couldn't resist. *sets self in corner*)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm » 4,4,2,1,2, 3,7,3,8,5, 5,3,10,4 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm » HOW EVEN
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 pm » HOW
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 pm » (Yes, yes, and now I;m amusingly embarassed, aren't I just. :d )
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 pm » did you take off the dmg penalty?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 pm » (Lunches? You're spreading out a picnic? ^^ Sorry, it's just nice to see someone else make a typo for a change. :) )
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 pm » Which is also enough to flare hs caste mark into visibility.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm » For a total of 14 to roll.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm » right.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm » Right. Peri hauls himself onto his feet and lunches, using an excellency. Specificaly Essence Overwhelming Melee, adding three dice to his roll.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm » TiOOC: or we could catapult him and pretend he's part of the fireworks?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:30 pm » (HueOOC: Yeah, throw a red sheet over you and we'll be ready for a festival.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm » TiOOC: We'll just put you on top of nthe mast and disguise you as our lantern, Peri.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm » peri's up
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm » ok, so the first resistance roll he succeeded on, so no damage for the first bit of poison.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm » Peri: *internally calculating if he can hide in the boat after this to keep from being seen all glitter-like*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm » (Herbalist for the win. ^^)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm » (one sec while I deal with the poison ^.^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:25 pm » Peri: *smiles a little*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:25 pm » The abyssal takes a step back as the knife slams into his shoulder, yelling in surprise , the dagger protruding from the smoking wound.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 pm » It really is.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm » Ti: *grins*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm » ok, so 1 Aggrivated
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm » Geneve, the E.C.S.J. charm is great, isn't it?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:21 pm » 4,2,7 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:21 pm » Okay!
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:21 pm » See, there's areason I joined Geneve in the shell, I never remember. Now what?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:21 pm » you'll need to roll minimum dmg(essence) because his L soak is 10
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm » nope. that's the raw dmg
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm » So...roll 6?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm » so it's 3 +2 +1=6L
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:19 pm » the poison will take effect after dealing dmg.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:19 pm » Okay...str3, 2lethal, and the 1 success? (Poison 1B)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm » Hue: For one, he can't count. *watches Ti's knife arc*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm » ok, so 1 over again
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm » Hue: Mind, I think wit may be wasted on this one. Maybe he keeps his brains in the hammer?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm » 4,9,10,6,7, 2,9,4 (5 successes
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:15 pm » Ti thows her knife-the poison coated one. 2dex,2thrown, +1 acc., + for 3aiming, and casts E.C.S.J., for 8 dice. Rolling.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:14 pm » (yes)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:14 pm » Ti narrows her eyes, pulls back her arm, and throws her knife. The special one, that's coated with her small supply of poison. It glitters as she casts E.C.S.J., hoping it'll be enough. (Okay, I've aimed two turns...but you said keep it at +3?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:13 pm » Hue: Not fair, I'm supposed to be the witty one! *laughs*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm » Go for it, Chic. Peri is moving a little slower, by my recoking.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm » Luc? Do you want to go first? Doesn't matter to me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm » Peri: Who said anything about being a solar? I;ll have you know I;m a very cocky fighter with a can of gold paint and a lot of weight training.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm » *nods* well you can do that this tick. Peri can go first if he wants though. up to you two
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 pm » Because, unless it's my turn again, that is what I'd like Ti to do.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 pm » (and you can, though I'm keeping it at +3 chic. as far as I'm concerned you're just keeping the aiming up)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 pm » The abysal jerked back at the strike, a sharp yelp of pain as the gold corona around the staff burned through the armor for a moment smoke coming off the wound. The abyssal took a step back, looking between peri and Hue now, his stance growing more cautious. "Two solars?"
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 pm » Demo, I notice that I can abort the aiming to attack, keeping 1 die for every tick I was aiming, instead of waiting until my next turn rolls around again. If I'm reading page 142 right.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 pm » Peri: ...Quite fine. *smiling*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 pm » *THWACK*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 pm » (nice!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 pm » Hue: Sorry to steal your spotlight Peri! I do hope you don't mind! *sounds half-kidding, half-sincere*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm » (And you used E.C.S.J, too!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm » nice. 3 aggrivated damage
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm » *glee*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm » 7,6,10 (3 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm » (yep, Ti is taking notes^^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm » *fingers crossed*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm » ....Peri is going to be teased forever about Hue landing an attack before he did.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:06 pm » righto. roll three then ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm » threeeeeee~
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm » ok, his soak is 15B, so your raw dmg isn't enough. however as an exalt you use your essence rating as minimum dmg rolls. so essence 2 or 3? ^.^ roll whichever for dmg
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm » Kee. *scoots to make room in the shell*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm » I'll join you.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm » it's ok beard, we all forget steps occasionally. ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm » Well, raw damage is 11.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm » kee.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm » I'm going to crawl in a little shell and pretend I know how to play a game I've been playing for over a year.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm » it's hard to keep track of all the steps in exalted combat to be honest
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm » you just say how much you have andit's compared to the soak of the enemy. it's ok ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm » Wooo!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm » Okay I'm an idiot
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 5:02 pm » er, beard. raw dmg isn't rolled.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » (We have an attack poet! And a pugilistic eclipse caste! And a con artist! I like this bunch of Solars.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » WTF?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » 11 dice! 3 successes!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » 6,8,5,9,4, 6,6,7,5,2, 3 (3 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » AUGH
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 pm » Nice!
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 pm » (Go Hue!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:57 pm » that's a hit, his DV is 4 right now
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm » =/
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm » 4,7,4,5,9, 2,3,10,7 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:55 pm » (heh, I have a feeling Ti had better quit aiming, too, and just go for it.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:54 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:53 pm » hee, go for it
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:52 pm » Okay, watch me waste two motes!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:51 pm » and yes he does
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:51 pm » kk, go for it
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:51 pm » ...Wait, does he count as a creature of darkness?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:50 pm » ...For now I guess I'm gonna do that, for all the good it'll do. I want to use Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment (pg 205).
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:49 pm » (Woo!)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:48 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:48 pm » (Go Hue! Rahrahrah!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 pm » yes you are beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm » To hit with the staff?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm » Shoot am I in range?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm » PeriOOC: Note to self, come up with new ways to fight dirty for these situations.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:45 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm » (brb)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:42 pm » kk
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:42 pm » Lemme look something up really quick.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:42 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:40 pm » Meep.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:40 pm » You go ;head, Beard, I need to thinl.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:40 pm » Theres a reason peri doesn;t have a ton of super useful charms, and its called ox body.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 pm » ok, next up is peri and Hue. whoever wants to go first
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 pm » wow, impressive. I almost thought that'd lay him out.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:38 pm » Still standing, but definitly bleeding.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:38 pm » Okay, well, peri is in te -2 area now, and only that because of an ox body charm he took.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 pm » kk
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 pm » One sec.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 pm » ....well.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:35 pm » Holy frig.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm » 6 successes that time.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm » anyway, 33-19=14B to roll
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm » *nods* it's usefull for someone like him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:33 pm » Ah, well. So it goes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm » ....that only cost him ONE MOTE.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm » Well thats... minus 19 again...
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm » (double eep)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm » if I'm reading this correct, yes
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:31 pm » ....jesus, it gets doubled *before* soak?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:30 pm » so 6extra x2=12 + 5str + 16B= 33B
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:30 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 pm » Right.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 pm » -5, peri attacked last turn and that's a-1 to DV
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm » Well, thats -6 PDV as Peri slams his club up against his hammer.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm » Damn.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm » (eep)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:27 pm » 11 successes.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:27 pm » righto, the abyssal is attacking Peri again and using the charm Savage Shade style for 1m. meaning that if he hits, all the extra successes double for raw dmg.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:25 pm » hee! that's a great one )
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:25 pm » Ti will continue to aim.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm » (Personally I think Batman is the lunar mate to Superman. It is the only explanation for their teamups.)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm » (I AM THE NIGHT CASTE)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm » alright, next up is Ti and the abyssal, want to go chic?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:22 pm » (Haha~)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:21 pm » (hee, batman as a soalr. there's a terror)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:21 pm » Peri raises an eyebrow. "I?" he asks, cracking his neck. "Who are you to wield any weapon at all, is the question."
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:19 pm » ("I'm BATMAN.")
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 pm » ok, nothing there. the abyssal easily turns the blow aside snorting dismissively at Flim, eyes focused on Peri. "That club is made of oricalcum. Who are you to weild such a weapon."
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm » Flim: (ok when attacked I default to that) 3,2,3,3,2, 9,3 (1 success) (OOC feh)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm » ((*appropriate writing style fail*))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm » also: looked up seven shadow evasion MJ, that's not a charm you could use then. only when you've been attacked.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm » Hue nods. "But we're different, aren't we?" *hops over*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm » that means Flim is up next, having gotten close by now
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:12 pm » hee, righto
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 4:12 pm » Okay, I guess I'm moving toward the fight. Don't wanna risk flurrying when Peri's handling himself okay and i am only a slightly stronger twig.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:12 pm » Ti watches the combt closely, knife held ready to throw if it goes badly for Peri. "....it's the festival of the New Moon all over again," she mutters. *Will keep aiming-she knows this guy will be hard to hit*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm » right
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm » I can spend up to three ticks aiming.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm » ok, next up is Hue
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm » yeah, it is. looked it up
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm » right, which is three ticks right?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm » Ti will spend this turn aiming.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm » nertz, I forgot to activate the guy's counter charm. XD heh, oops. alright, next up is Ti.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 pm » He yanks the Tseubo out of the ground, lifting it like it weights nothing.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 pm » Peri snorts, inhaling tightly enough to make the embers glow. "I wont miss twice."
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 pm » it's a nope try again thing
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 pm » Hehe.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm » the armored man moves quickly barely able to deflect the tetsubo from crushing his shoulder, side stepping and looking at the dent the club made in the ground, body language conveying what his hiddenface probably held, complete surprise.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm » Is this one of those 'minimum roll' things, or a 'Nope, try again' one?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm » Damn!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:05 pm » ok, sadly the guy got 7 successes.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:05 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm » 9,4,1,6,8, 1,9,8,10,4, 3 (6 successes)+1= 7 sucsesses.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm » Peri: *isn;t trying NOT to hit him, is trying to destroy an arm*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm » (and then we house rule out stuff that makes no sense. :P )
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm » 11 +1 sucsess, no flurry.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm » Okay, scratch that, Demos allowing a house-rule.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm » ((I love exalted, but for a battle system meant to take place in seconds, the rules for it take a while to work ot.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm » (+1 sucsess)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm » Rolling 9+1 for first attack, then.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 4:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:59 pm » sure
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:59 pm » *Flurry, to attack then then try to disarm.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:59 pm » ...can I flurry one attack, and then disarm on the second?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 pm » I;ll just... take the attack.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 pm » hmmm, looking it up. apparently dissarming does no damage, just makes the opponent roll wits + weapon ability to try and keep hold of their weapon.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 pm » If I fail to disarm do I still do the damage?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm » there are special rules, but nothing on your end. jsut a heightened difficulty of the roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm » With one bonus sucsess from the charm used.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm » Otherwise I;m rolling 11.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 pm » Attempting to cause damage that'd make you drop your weapon, yeah- are there special rules for that?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm » right, using it to just strike him or to attempt to dissarm him too?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm » Peri uses the Coppers One-Two, a brutal whipping arc that slams a weapon (or elbow) against the opponents shoulder, used to disarm violent opponents. He cries out, the arc of his weapon leaving a sizzle of heat in the air from the essence used in the Thunderboldt Attack Pranna.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm » righto, then go ahead tinker
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:49 pm » no, it's purely to avoid getting hit
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 pm » ok, does that do anything special for his moving MJ?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm » Flim: (activates Seven Shadow Evasion and moves towards the ugly)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm » He can go first, since Peri has to swing his weapon down out of the lock.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm » Oh! Sorry MJ.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm » heh, righto
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm » So, who wants to go first? Flim can only really move towards them, unless he wants to flurry
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm » Peri whisks his Tesubo out from under the hammer, and expends 3 essence and 1 WP to use Thunderboldt Attack Pranna- Special Move Coppers 1-2.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm » Abyssal: The next one will crush your head.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm » *claps*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:43 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:43 pm » Peri: *tisk* What, a love tap? And here I dont even know your name.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:42 pm » next up is peri and Flim.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:42 pm » 2B damage, the warhammer deflects off Peri's tetsubo and armor, only clipping his shoulder
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:41 pm » wow, punctuation fail there
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:41 pm » hee, right. then. 4B to roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm » Math next simester is going to be fun!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm » ....*facepalm* 19.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm » Then thats 17 soak.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm » Ahhhh.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm » heh, it's fine. it's stamina + armor's B soak for Bashing damage
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 pm » Soak is 14b from armor. *always forgets how to calculate these things, which is great for a party tank*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:36 pm » so 23B raw damage. and soak?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:36 pm » more than fair enough ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:36 pm » Peri backs up and swings his tesubo up to catch the hammer, grinting with the impact.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:35 pm » It;s the same- 6- but it's just a stylistic choice.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:34 pm » if you want to.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:34 pm » Can I use PDV this time instead?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:33 pm » awesome. so, abyssal takes a swing at Peri and gets an 8 on the roll. what's peri's dodge/parry currently?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:32 pm » yes
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:32 pm » Yep!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm » ((I do.))
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm » anyway, we have our armor and weapons picked out? ))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm » ok back. ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm » ((Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o ))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:30 pm » ((I still say some firesticks would be cool eventualy.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:30 pm » (Unless I can have a hammer AND a staff, but that seems a bit much.)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:30 pm » ,
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 pm » ((The hammer does not seem to be a dramatic improvement overall over the staff. Maybe I should stick to looking at new armor and wait on a hammer-type thing or possibly incendiary devices?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm » (If Peri gets throughthis without calling someone a fool or smacking someone for badmouthing his mama, I will be dissapoint.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm » (I don't know, Luc-do you keep waking up with a headache in a forgien country?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm » ((XD))
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm » (I love it when a plan comes together)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm » (I feel like we're the solar version of the A-team.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm » ((Yessssssssssssss.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm » (Guys? Just a breif question- are we playing the Exalted A-Team?)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm » brb))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:24 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:24 pm » (pff, just get some glass globes, and give Hue a belt of molotove cocktails)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:24 pm » Regular hammer? It's more accurate, too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:23 pm » Well I'm not strong enough for a sledge...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:22 pm » (I'm given to understand that Sidereals got a martial art that is all tentacle-ribbony.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:22 pm » (There should be a sidreal version that fires tiny, angry fate spiders.))
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:20 pm » (In one of the 'Glories' supplements, they introduced a gun that fires actual orichalcum bullets. In place of rifling and the usual real-worldly accoutrements, the bullet is steadied and propelled by tiny shrines inside the barrel. Extra-effective against creatures of darkness.)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:20 pm » Maybe she can work on that during next downtime.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm » ...someone poke Zoe to do a 'make a flamethrower' research project. And get some dots in craft (fire) so she can do it.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm » Hue would be pretty coo with a belt of firewands too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm » YESSSSS at some point Hue needs an effective method of setting things on fire.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm » Pfffheeehee.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm » Heeheheee.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:17 pm » Also can I say it makes me proud to know I have created a character who, in spite of being a cultured and default soft-spoken poet, makes people think "Yes, this is someone who would whack his enemies with a large hunk of steel on a stick".
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:17 pm » ...I'm rather dissappointed that a 'firewand' seems to be just a regular gun, because otherwise I could totally see someone having gotten Hue a flamethrower.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:17 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm » *sword
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm » If you hit a sowrd hard enough, theres a mark in the shape~
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm » hee
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm » Oooooooh.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm » ...Yes, this is a possibility.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:14 pm » I could see that too. With a pen engraved on the buisness end.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:13 pm » I can see him with a hammer.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:13 pm » You could give Hue a hammer.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:13 pm » Peri: *holding a Tseubo that is mysteriously wrapped in plain cloth, and has a ornate dragon wound around the pommel*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:12 pm » Well, there is a hitty stick that isn't a plain staff, but the stats aren't a huge improvement and I'm pretty sure it's as likely to kill me as my opponent.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 pm » that's fine. easily done MJ
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 pm » FlimOOC: plus fighting gauntlets
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:10 pm » *got it*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 pm » in the 360's, Geneve.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm » Like, chain swatching and a buff jacket/renforced buff jacket.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm » (page 366 and the next few pages)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm » *doesn't like PDFs!*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 3:05 pm » I think for peri, Chain Swathing. Maybe also something lighter for when hes not expecting to be in combat.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 3:05 pm » *flail* Where is the gear again?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 pm » makes sense
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 pm » I'm thinking breastplate for Ti, too. I want something I can wear under a jacket, and that doesn't affect mobility too adversely.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 pm » both. time out and discussing it individually in IMs ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 3:01 pm » Are we in time out to do this, or im'ing Demo?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 3:01 pm » FlimOOC: Breastplate for me
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 3:01 pm » (awww, it looks like a staff is the best smacking stick available in the main book)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:59 pm » *signals a time out with hands so filks can do this stuff to/get more tea so on)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:59 pm » it's fine. if you want, we can discuss it in iM ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:57 pm » Again, more important for tank though. *quiets and waits for Peri*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:57 pm » Weapons too. Is Hue still hitting things with that same regular staff? Not that the idea of him going throughout the campaign armed with a stick isn't amusing.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:56 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm » One moment then.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm » heh, I never though of it either.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm » More important for Peri though.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:54 pm » well, we can discuss it now. there is armor available, pretty much any, just not artifact armor.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:54 pm » Shoot, I didn't think of that either.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 pm » No kiddin'? Well, he definitly would have replaced his armor with something better in the meantime, deending on what was available to buy or have made.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 pm » ah right. so 23B raw, and I'm perfectly fine discussing that issue now if you like tinker.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:52 pm » Sorry.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:52 pm » Also claire just reminded me Exalts round up, so that ws a 6DV.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:52 pm » 4L/2B. *wishes, quietly, I had had thought of the fact that he might get new armor in the 3 years since hi slast adventure*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:50 pm » ok, so dodging. 8-5 =3 +5str + 16B from the warhammer= 24B raw, what's Peri's armor rating?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:50 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:49 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 pm » He leaps back, bringing his own Tsukkoboko up, snorting out a plume of smoke.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 pm » Peri is going to use his dodge, which is 11, so thats a 5.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm » Ouch.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm » 8 successes
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm » Hehehe.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm » ok, first up is the abyssal, who takes a swing at Peri, apparently very confident it'd be all that was needed.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:44 pm » 10,3,5,3,5, 2,1 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:44 pm » (It's okay, I;m blanking on what you roll for attack.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:44 pm » ((Jeez I'm dumb))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm » wits + awareness ^.^ it's fine ))
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm » (wits + awareness)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm » ((*fail*))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm » ((Sorry I'm blanking aaaaaaaaaaaaaa is it Dex + Ath?))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm » Flim: Bring it on.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 pm » (Wow, everybody starts early. Hi all. I was just getting breakfast~)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:41 pm » 10,4,10,5 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:41 pm » (Hi, Jane)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:40 pm » beard, MJ? rolling to join battle or sitting this out?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:40 pm » (heya jane. just the solar group. we'll go for another couple hours then a break then the lunars @ 8pm EST)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 2:39 pm » (Wow, the game's already on? Hi.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:38 pm » Spirit: Aaaaarreee you ready tooo ruuummmbbbbllleeeee!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:37 pm » 9,4,6,1,6, 2,9,7,8 (4 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:37 pm » also: pff ))
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:37 pm » 5 successes for the abyssal
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:36 pm » MEanwhile, a nearbye riverspirit does an impersination of a WWE announcer, and rings a bell.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:36 pm » 10,5,7,5,4, 4 (3 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 pm » roll join battle ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 pm » right, the man unstraps something from his shoulder, pulling a large jet black warhammer over his shoulder and widening his stance slowly. "And a pup's barking is nothing to worry about." He retorts slowly before walking forwards and hefting the warhammer, ready to strike.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 pm » He inhales, and snorts out smoke, insulting his opponent by not even bothering to take his pipe out.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 pm » Peri points a finger at him, slowly turns his hand, and sharply jabs his thumb at the ground* Big men who bellow like a injured bull are more aire then muscle.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 pm » Ti: *stays on board for now, but will spend her ticks aiming, when sticks start*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 pm » righto tinker
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 pm » The armored man looks slowly at Hue next "It would seem you are giving up a few passengers. How generous." He looks back at Peri as he leaps, snorting in disdain. For his part adachi shakes his head. "No, it'd take to long to pull anchor."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 pm » 'Increasing Strength Exercise', 9 motes to add 3 points of strength, giving him 8 total. Using personal, so no light shows.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 pm » Hue: Yes. This is a plan.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 pm » Ti: Or better yet, Hue tells it.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:30 pm » Ti: Okay, but if you get nhurt, i reserve the right to make an embarassing story out of it and tell rass.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:30 pm » Peri will leap off the railing, leaving a trail of smoke after him as he turns over once in the air, and lands on the river-bank, casting a charm o himself in mid-air.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:30 pm » Hue: ...Alright.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:29 pm » Peri waves a hand faintly, and lowers his voice. "Shhh. Right now he thinks I;m a single, overconfident idiot. Follow me if you like of course, my friends, but I haven;t gotten to smack an idiot around in ages."
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 pm » (Peri can pay for his insolence by smacking the guy with his club. Newtons are a monetary unit, right?)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 pm » Ti: We sail past, or we all fight. No showing off!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 pm » Hue: Peri what are you doing. You are NOT going down there alone.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 pm » Ti: Peri!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 pm » (brb again)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 pm » Peri steps up onto the railing. "I'll catch up." he takes a moment to light his pipe, biting onto the stem with a grin.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » *grins*\
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » Ti: Adachi, what if you just keep sailing? What's he going to do, dogpaddle behind spewing insults? *grims at Hue*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » Peri: *laughs* Oh, for my insolence? Better then you have made me pay for my insolence, and she was more of a man, too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » ((I can type!))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » *off the ship*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm » Hue Thi: *says this loud enough to hear*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm » Ti: *snorts*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm » The man looks at Peri and slowly points at him. "It would seem the decision has been made for you. He shall come to the shore and pay for his insolence and then we shall leave."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm » Hue Thi: I'd be concerned about him using his ego as a flotation device.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm » Peri: *idly swings his Tsukkeboko down over the railing* Tempting, but this kind of ass doesn;t care if you do him a favor or not. What you do has no effect on if they will kill you or not. *blunt*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:24 pm » Ti: Flim, I like how you think.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:24 pm » Ti: I can sleep on the deck, if it's safer to grit our teeh and put up with him. And Peri...we won't be on board next time. *looks at Adachi* Heh, if you're sure, then Aye, Aye, captain. *Starts aiming*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:24 pm » Flim: How tough would it be to push him overboard when we're in a deep spot? With all that armor....
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:23 pm » Adachi looks at Ti and shrugs. "Maybe, but there's always someone mad at what you do. may as well be one of these assholes."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:23 pm » Peri: *to ti* If he does take him, they'll expect it every time.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:23 pm » Hue: *snerk* Nicely done.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm » Hue puts his papers and such safely out of the way, ties back loose clothing, and balances his staff back and forth in his hand.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm » Peri leans over the edge. "I like your armor. Does the pretty glinting silver help your fists believe in themselves?"
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm » Ti: Wait...if you don't take him, will this mean trouble for you in the future...when you don't have friends aboard?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:21 pm » The figure is tall with broad shoulders, built a lot like a barrel honestly, stout and wide for his height.. He's wearing elaborate armor colored black and with silver inlays depecting many different ways to die at the hands of a club.His face is unseen behind a thick cloak's hood, the rest trailing bahind him on the shore. He calls back bluntly. "Then one of your passengers will give up their spot. You have five minutes to decide who."
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:21 pm » Ti: *fingers a knife* Hmm...
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:20 pm » Peri ducks back down to grab his club, and to tug his belt a little tghter. "Prob'ly wise."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm » Hue: ...I need to get my stick, I suppose.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm » Hue peers over the side at the menacing figure.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm » Adachi nods, looking at Peri and the others. "Yes. The Walker in Darkness. One of the big deathknights or deathlords, whatever they call themselves. He's got a fort or something in there." He points at the large expanse of dead looking forest. "and his people demand passage to various locations occasionally. They don't react well to being told no." He smiles a bit at Peri, a smile trying to be cocky and self assured, but with plenty of a twinge of uncertainty. "And on that note..." He looks back over the railing of the ship and yells at the figure on the shore. "We've already got all the passengers we can carry, bother some other boat!"
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm » (It's okay, Demo.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 pm » (one downside to saturday day sessions: parents ask for help with random things out of the blue)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 pm » Peri, who has bee, wrapping his ponytail up, gets out on deck so fast he skids faintly, and looks up over the edge. "Walker?"
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 pm » (brb)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 pm » alright, anyway, black armored man approaches the riverswide and bellows to the ship. "I am traveling to Great Forks. You will take me." Adachi looks up and seeing the armor pales visibly before he stands, teeth gritted and tugging on the top piece of his armor and strapping his sword to his waist. "Great one of the Walker's hitchikers."
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:12 pm » Peris haircut is now fully appropriate for dramatic bouts of wind in a showdown.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:11 pm » Thank you all for voting. :D
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:11 pm » Looks like 1 it is- as a nod to the other votes, with the blue left in and not cut away entirely.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:10 pm » 5
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm » Got it. Okay, as amusing as five is, I think I'll go with one, also.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm » MJ? Any vote?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:08 pm » Torn between 1 and 4.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » *nod* What Geneve said.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » (number 1 is how I imagine Peri's hair, somehow)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » *paste
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » I'm voting 1 as well
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » copy-aste the whole thing.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » That being said, between 2 through 5, I vote for 5.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm » (I vote for #1!)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:06 pm » the first image is just the 404 not found...
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm » Vote away!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm » #5: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/29 ... _large.jpg
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm » #4 http://bzzz.3dsbuzz.com/wp-content/uplo ... y-Hair.jpg
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm » #3 http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/u ... 06/CTS.jpg
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm » #2 http://media.photobucket.com/image/Pucc ... gua-to.jpg
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm » #1: http://www.animea.net/images/db/426/ah!_my_goddess!_(tv)_204_1024.jpg
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm » Vote for the number you like.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm » Okay, this'll only take a minute, folks.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm » Oh. Joy.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm » (sure, go for it tinker ^.^)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:03 pm » Alright, one of the nights, while you all are stopped near the shore, anchor holding the boat in place and enjoying the company of Adachi in the captain's cabin and eating dinner someone walks out of the nearby woods and towards the boat. You all are near the shadow land called Ebon Spires of Pyrron, so it's little surprise the man is dressed in black armor adorned with grotesque depictions of death.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 pm » If I may take a second to put it to a vote, Demo?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 pm » ehehehe.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 pm » TiOOC: *playing cards with Goralo*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 1:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 1:59 pm » In the meantime, I;ll get some pictures for the Peri Hair Vote.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:58 pm » Alright, you all set down the river in the boat, making occasional stops at ports along the river to drop off and pick up supplies. But even with the stops it's faster than almost any other transportation possible.It'll only take you all about two weeks to arrive. First though, let's see if anything interesting happens along the way
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 1:56 pm » S' right.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:54 pm » Yep!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:54 pm » last time we left off Adachi was about to take you all to Nexus, correct? ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:53 pm » alright. everyone's here now. ^.^
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 1:52 pm » hello
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:50 pm » Geneve, i just sent you a pm.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 pm » MJ's almost here!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 pm » so, we ready to begin?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:47 pm » alright then. everyone's here! ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 1:47 pm » Alrighty.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:45 pm » indeedy. ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 pm » Sounds like aplan.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:37 pm » when tinker gets here we should be about ready to start ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:37 pm » heya beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 1:36 pm » Allo.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:23 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:01 pm » hee
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm » This amuses me.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm » kk ^.^ shouldn't be too long ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm » http://www.happyplace.com/3645/the-best ... ook/page/1
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 12:57 pm » hey, Demo. I'll get MJ when everybody's shown up to play.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 12:56 pm » heya chic
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am » oh well. G'night!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am » .....
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am » • (highlight with your mouse to read) >[color="#FFFFFF"]Stark naked.[/color]<
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 am » • What do you call Iron Man when he takes off his clothes and suit?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 am » Before I go to bed, a few amusing bits.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 am » ^^ Goodnight, Demo.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 am » ok, I need to get to bed. g'night
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 am » wouldn't be surprised ^.^
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 3:08 am » I think I read a Cracked article on something like that.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 am » heh, it's hard to adjust true, but you can do that. the hard part is sleeping during the day. no one cares that you worked at night, you're lazy for sleeping the day away, or lawns need to be mowed next door.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 am » :(
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 am » nooooot really. only did it for a couple weeks and it suuuuuucked
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 am » Though I suppose you get used to it?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 am » Geh.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 am » well, I've worked overnights at the store too, now that's crazy. midnight to 8am at work
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:56 am » Heh I'm just amazed.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 am » yeppers ^.^ not a frequent occurance of course, but time to time.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:50 am » Well I suppose you wouldn't do it if it wasn't XD
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 am » heh, it can be fun
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:47 am » Wow.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 am » yep, occasionally.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:39 am » Have you ever chatted to the point where the sun is coming up?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:38 am » Heh heh.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 am » juuuuust a bit. :P 3:30am
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 am » It must be late for you.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm » Cool. Thanks for the fun
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm » That was fun@
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm » All right.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm » Woooo!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm » ok, 4xp for everyone and +1 to zoe for being entertaining through most everything. :P
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm » Fair enough
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm » Awww. Alright.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 pm » (does conviction 4 give me the +2 to MDV until I get the books?)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 pm » ok, sadly we're going to call the game here tonight. I didn't quite pace myself well enough on the solar group and finished theirs a couple minutes before starting this one. So I'm loosing focus pretty badly. ^.^;;; so that's all the exalted for tonight.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm » (Also, pg 172 mentions the modifiers for social attacks/mental influence based on intimacies and motivations, Demo said they can apply here)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm » *mind
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm » Ah, neverind then
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm » (thanks)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm » It's willpower that there's no limit on for supernatural inflence
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm » Pg 181
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm » "Characters gain at most one Limit per scene from resisting mental influence." Copied from the book, in the section on unnatural mental influence
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm » Ths is supernatural in nature so we would gain limit from this beyond the first.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm » (...since there are multiple discussions on this, can someone verify that with a page number?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 pm » Regular mental influence, Wally. But supermatural mental influence always adds limit
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 pm » Zoe: *will go back later and sit in the city until she runs out of willpower if it is necessary to make people listen to her*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » ok, kyra can make another search roll then
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » Zoe: *still leaving, because she has books, and because Kyra can search adequately*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » ah, right wally. true enough
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » (Per scene, but we haven't changed scene)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » Kyra: [shrugs] [searching]
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm » (You also only gain one limit at most from resisting mental influence)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm » Zoe: Kyra does not have to spend long searching. *walking out*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm » you can wally?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm » (I believe, anyways)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm » Sai can't gain three limit from this, sorry
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm » Kyra: All right...
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm » (?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm » Sai: Er, mayhaps we should all leave... Look for that scent, and so forth....
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm » (Also remember that you can apply modifiers if staying/leaving would go against a motivation/intimacy/virtue rated at 3 or greater)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm » Zoe: Alright, I'm leaving. Kyra, stay and look for any additional research notes. *sick of this*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm » (Kyra: [still not bothered])
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm » * ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm » 6 successes. you know the drill yadda yadda ^,?6
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm » after the search: rolling again, because the miasma is persistant according to the book
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm » Zoe: *will leave one copy and take the rest*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm » Describe the books.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm » yes.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm » (Oh, and I spent the wp and gained the limit
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 pm » Do all the copies look the same?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 pm » Grang: *not helpful at all* *botch*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 pm » ok, while Sai is busy finding books on the other side of the library, Krya and Zoe manage to track down the area of the library where the bok should be, and eventually the book itself, which surprisingly has several copies on the shelf.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 pm » And back...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm » SaiOoc: ...apparently you can make spicy cheese by mixing a red mould with a fresh cheese in an alchemy pot!
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm » (Maybe he finds the only extant copy of An Encyclopedia of Cheese.)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 pm » ...botch... *Sai finds the nearby dust motes fascinating!*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 pm » 8,10,4,1,7, 2,1 (4 successes)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm » 1 sucess, +3 for 4.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm » http://umbralechoes.com/ExaltedRoller.php
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm » Er, I am on my ipad. Can zi get a link to the site?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm » Zoe: *6 m personal to help with her int check*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm » Sai: *will help search as well. *
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm » ok, roll perception or Int + investigation
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm » ^.^ I try Zo ))
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm » Zoe: *searching library, starting with the indicated section*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm » Demo, you're evil, you know that?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm » Zoe: *stubbornly grits her teeth*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm » kk
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm » then you cansearch the library
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm » 7 successes that time. another wp and limit if you have less than 7 mdv
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 pm » heh, and rolling for the miasma again, a bit stronger than before since you're in the city now
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm » Zoe: *is both unsurprised and somewhat irritated by this*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm » Hm.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm » anyway, you all continue on your way, soon arriving at the library which the guard leads you to. for his part the guard seems perfectly fine while int he city.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:58 pm » righto, i was just confused ^.^;
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:57 pm » ...sorry. Just spending one willpower to resist and gain the limit
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:57 pm » Whee for high MDV.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:57 pm » Kyra's MDV = 7, so no effect.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:56 pm » (Back's!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm » channel conviction?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm » I don't think you can channel conviction for your MDV...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm » Sai will spend a willpower to channel conviction. Thats the only way he can succeed at all.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:54 pm » Zoe: *because irritation*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:54 pm » Zoe: *spending the willpower*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » Grang: *keeps going*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » I have to step out for about a half hour. Sorry guys.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » Zoe: You can see if you can smell anything from the hotel room when we return.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » 6 successes from the miasma, anyone with an MDV lower than 6 either spends a willpower(and takes a point of limit) or must flee.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » (TiOOC, is suddenly thinking of tossing sticks)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm » Sai: or, er.... The other me. But that might scare small children.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai: My senses as, uh, this me, aren't that percise. You'd need the wolf.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm » Zoe: And why not?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai: ....nay, but I wouldn't.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai: *Frowns* ...ugh, good point, Grang... What IS that feeling? Gah....
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm » Zoe: Sai, *have* you smelled whatever is taking people yet?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm » Zoe: *is going to be irritable if she has to make Kyra go get the book*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm » Grang: Also, the bandits seem to be in league with whatever is stealing people... Given that the one mentioned people vanishing by night before attacking.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:50 pm » The guard leads you all out of the town until you can see the clearly abandonded Empty City. Once you all begin approaching the city you can start to feel it, a strange prickling sense of foreboding, of something being fundamentally... wrong. (rolling the first of many Miasma attacks on MDV)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:50 pm » Sai: Something hath been stealing people. And those Bandits don't seem quite stable, what if whatever is taking people is... Making them like those bandits?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:50 pm » Grang: That, nonetheless, are probably connected.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm » Sai: Regardless, now we hath, er, have two things to investigate.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm » Grang: No problem.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:48 pm » Sai: Thank you both. All I knew of such things was one creature I fought once with the Hunt back in the old days.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:48 pm » hee, only when Echo lets her get near them :P
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 pm » I feel like Zoe's mere existance is not helpful for Lunar/Sidreal relations.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 pm » Grang: *follows*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 pm » Grang: *shrugs* I was simply explaining what "outside of fate" meant to Sai. I did not mean to contradict you.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm » Zoe: Don't worry, Grang is dealing with it. *will follow the guard*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm » Guard: er... sure. *so much stuff over his head!*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm » (that was my first guess)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm » Whatever is doing this can twist man's minds p.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm » Zoe: Yes, I suppose the scent of Wyld in the largest tent in the bandit camp could have been a coincidence. These things are fairly common, after all. *to the guard* May we head to the city now?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm » Sai: I don't know much about fate but those Bandits don't seem quite right in the head... Like puppets
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 pm » Grang: Indeed. Possibly something having to deal with the Wyld, or one of a number of other things.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm » *fate
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm » Zoe: ...Sai, Wyld tends to be outside of faate.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm » Zoe: *being short with Grang because she is trying to get something done*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm » Sai: ...something outside of fate?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm » Zoe: Kyra checked.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm » Grang: Yeah? How'd you find that out? *curious*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm » Zoe: We are also aware of that.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm » Grang: Oh, and if these bandits are the ones I'm here about, which seems likely... it's something outside fate that's behind it.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:41 pm » Zoe: I am aware. I have already discussed that with Kyra.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm » Sai: Zoe, do you think there's a chance what they want might have something to do with all this? All these stange things, at once. Tis hard to call it coincidence that bandits with....bizarre artifact technology would protest just as the Matron vanished and Whisper.... Hm.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm » nope, just some injuries.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm » Zoe: *would be less flippant if someone had died*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm » (I think? Wait, were there guards that straight up died instead of being wounded?)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm » Grang: Hmm... interesting.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm » Zoe: None of the guards are dead. Can we go now?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm » Watch Captain: Not that i know of. Just asked them what it was they wanted like usual. then they attacked.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm » Grang: Hmm... and you didn't do or say anything to incite this change of behavior?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 pm » Guard: *nods to Zoe a bit pale* That was... certainly eventfull huh?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm » Watch captain: at least twice a day.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai: I hath...er, have, never seen such a thing before. What person would willingly accept that....
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm » Watch captain: Yes, they've been asking for a month but refusing to say what it is we have of theirs.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm » Grang: The asking, not the scaling.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm » Sai: ...bolted...
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm » Zoe: *will search for guard who was going to take them to the city*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm » Grang: So they do this often?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm » Zoe manages to help prevent any deathsw of the wounded guards.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 pm » as for the bodies they all seem to be covered in patchwork armor, only... a lot of it is bolted directly into their bodies, and it's like they've got artifacts grafted into them.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 pm » Watch captain:*looks at Sai* Those nutjobs showed up at the gate like they always do, yammering about giving something back. When nothing came of it they said something different for once. "Yours shall die in the day and vanish with the night" then attacked, heck we had no idea they could scale a wall so well.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm » Ok, Sai will search the bodies then
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm » 8 successes
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm » roll away, see how well you help ^.^
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm » (should I roll, or just say she helps?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm » Sai: What was that about?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm » Zoe: *will help with healing stuff*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm » Drat
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm » and it's easy enough for Zoe to get permission to help
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm » The opposing force seems to be dead, not a survivor in the lot of them
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm » Sai: *Looking around to find any survivors in the opposing force*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm » Zoe: *going to go bug the healers into letting her help*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm » Zoe: The right side one. I suppose this means you can leave. *being sarcastic*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 pm » Grang: Hmm... At least the city was able to repel them this time...
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 pm » a couple of the guards yes
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 pm » (Back after dinner!)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 pm » Is anyone critically injured?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 pm » alright, as you all approach the wall, you only see the end of the fight, watching as the last of the small group of raiders is killed. The watch captain is alread snapping orders to get the bodies off the wall and the injured guardsmen to the local healers.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 pm » Sai: ....darn. I forgot I rushed off without Kyra and the others...
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 pm » Zoe: Well, fascinating as it would be to see what it was they thought had been stolen, that likely would not end well for the majority of the city. *will walk briskly toward the wall to help*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 pm » Sai: Kyra, remember those bandits from before?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 pm » Sai: ...! The bandits, mayhaps, er.... Its probably the bandits! * still learning to respeak plain*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 pm » Guard: no! We occasionally get raiders coming through, but they know better than to start a fight, it never ends well for them.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:23 pm » Zoe: *sigh* Does this happen often?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:23 pm » you all can see the front gate of the town seems to be under attack. The guards along the wall are firing arrows at somethign or someone on the other side of the wall, though a few have dropped their bows in favor of short swords as some of the scavenged armor raiders apparently have scaled the walls. The guard points. "that warrents an alarm bell I'd say."
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm » (if he's not already running for the gate, that is)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm » Kyra: [hanging back]
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: *to the guard* What warrents a ringing of the alarm bell?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: *also irritated by interruptions*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Grang: *runs to the fight*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: *is not a combat specialist*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Guard: that's the front gate's bell! *running too*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Sai: Allow me. *moving to see whats the matter, aT a dead run*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm » Grang: Regardless, we should probably see to it.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 pm » Zoe: It seems annoying.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 pm » Grang: ...That seems fortuitous.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 pm » And with a sense of strange timing, to the cast at least, for us it makes perfect sense, an alarm bell can be heard from the town entrance
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 pm » Zoe: Wondeful. If you figure out which side is right, we can try not to interfere with that goal. *to the guard* I believe we can go now.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 pm » Sai: between who?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 pm » Sai: ....a conflict?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 pm » Grang: Glad to meet you. Anyways, the reason I'm here is pretty vauge... Just that there's a conflict coming, and I need to make sure the right side wins.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:17 pm » Zoe: I would like to, yes. We seem to have been interrupted by something of as-yet-undetermined importance.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:17 pm » Guard: are... we going to the city or...?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:14 pm » Kyra: [nods] I'm Kyra.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:14 pm » Grang: Grang Nodrey. And you?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm » Zoe: *is busy*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm » Guard: *has no idea at all what's going on here*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm » Zoe: Yes, but it is unimportant. Grang, if whatever reason you have to come here is related to one of the things we have found, we can tell you about it, provided you give us information on that mission. Otherwise, we are busy.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm » Kyra: [clears her throat] Who are you?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 pm » Sai: ....regardless, what brings you here, Grang?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 pm » Grang: Unless of course I'm being manipulated by the higherups...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 pm » Kyra: Um... is there something I'm missing here?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 pm » Grang: *chuckling* Actually, as far as I know, this time is just cooincidence.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 pm » Zoe: Unmentioned surveillence is not appreciated.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 pm » *some.... Means of some sort
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm » Sai: the same way lady Silk knew to watch us before the second breath, Lady Zoe. Their ilk have some..l.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm » (Ooooh, did we leave the room? That would make more sense)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm » (As far as I knew, you were still in the lobby, or heading out the door)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:09 pm » Zoe: Why are you in our hotel room.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:09 pm » Sai: ....!
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:09 pm » Grang: *walking in the doorway, stops at the sight of Sai and the rest.* Huh? Fancy seeing two here...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm » Kyra: I'm coming too.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm » Sai: very well then, I shall accompany you.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 pm » (...I have way too much fun writing Zoe)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 pm » Zoe: We know the section in the library. I am hopeful that either the book will be left out, or the library will have an existant organization scheme which can be determined in sufficient time such that I will not be required to send a proxy to search.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 pm » yes, the notes had slowly grown more specific as she focused on one section of the library, the area dealing with the nature of Creation
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm » (do we know anything beyond 'the library'?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm » Sai: the book.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm » Kyra: Yes.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm » Flight: *heads out the door and down an alley*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm » Zoe: The book, the library, or the creature taking people?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm » Sai: *ears perk up* doth thou know where it is?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm » Zoe: This will allow for further study.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm » Zoe: Also, the head matron is ill, her artifact book is missing, and I believe that a book from the library is the source of her illness, so we are going to obtain it and bring it back.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm » Kyra: The Matron seems to have become obsessed with a book called 'Secrets of the Mind'.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm » Zoe: That is unnecessary by my definition, not yours.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm » Zoe: There's something taking people, which Whisper smelled and went off to find before promptly disappear. Should you smell something similar, please refrain from unnecessary heroics.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm » Flight: Well, oi'll be on moi way. Let ya know ifn' oi see anything.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 9:00 pm » Sai: *Reading an ancient scroll of lunar hunting poetry* ...what did each of thou discover?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 9:00 pm » Zoe: *still ignoring Flight*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:59 pm » right. Well, the guard nods."Yes ma'am" He leads you all back to the hotel you all have a room at on the way out the city, where Sai can rejoin.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 pm » (Assume whatever has been going on Sai was somewhere else, I guess. I'll join in when Demo can work me in)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 pm » Flight: ...Oi suppose ya ain't planning on showing me your 'otel soon?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:56 pm » (Yay!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 pm » yay! ^.^ ))
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 pm » (Hi, Z)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 pm » (ok, I am here)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 pm » Zoe: I would only show it to them if the city were amiable to giving it to them. But finding the book is the first goal. And yes, I am sure.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm » Kyra: You'd want a backup plan, in case they try to make off with it.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm » The guard looks a bit surprised. "are you sure ma'am, most outsiders are ... uncomfortable in the city"
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm » Zoe: It may also be worth showing it to the people who insist that something has been taken without specifying the object, as checking to see if the two mind-altering events at the same time are related may be worthwhile.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm » Kyra: No objection here.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm » (Claire, I can so see you writing a TOM of Zoe's matter of fact writings in the book to Echo)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm » Zoe: I believe we should go obtain this book for further study, seeing as it is likely related to the Matron's obsession and illness.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 pm » It is not in the room and the notes indicate that the books are indeed still in the library, they were being catalogued before being brought into the city to be added to their library or sold if they were something the city had lots of copies of already
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:50 pm » Is 'Secrets of the Mind' in the room? Or do the notes indicate that all the books are in the library?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:49 pm » SaiOOC: of course not
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:48 pm » ZoeOOC: Copying out a book is not 'notes'.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:48 pm » hee, of course.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:47 pm » Zoe: *will add that these are atrocious research notes*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:46 pm » Zoe: *going to take a minute or two to relay information to Echo via her book*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:46 pm » but anyway, you all now have her notes, though you couldn't find the artifact anywhere
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:46 pm » ZoeOOC: You aren't helping.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:46 pm » *either
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:45 pm » ok, neither of you are affected, but neither notices anything wither
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:45 pm » GrangOOC: ...I work with such observant people.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 pm » *snrk*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 pm » Kyra: [OOH SHINY!]
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 pm » 1,3,3,1,2, 4,1 (botch x 3)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 pm » Zoe: *distracted*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 pm » Botch.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 pm » ok, a quick perception + awareness roll as well if you did read them: Zoe and Kyra I believe ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 pm » fair enough ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 pm » MDV 6 though
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 pm » Flight: *was just planning on finding them, not reading*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 pm » MDV 7.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 pm » MDV 4
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 pm » ok, you all manage to find her notes and put them back in order as they seemed to have been spread out all over the place. They start off simple enough, short summaries of what books seem to be in the new library, but they slowly become more focused on one subject of books, specifically the mind itself, then she appears to pick one book called "Secrets of the Mind" to focus on entirely, talking about how interesting it is and how it's got such fascinating ideas. Eventually though she seems to just be copying that book verbatum from the beginning. everyone, who reads the notes, please note down your MDV
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:40 pm » (It's fine with us)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:40 pm » go right ahead Zo ^.^
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:40 pm » (OK!)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm » (ok, if I am still here in ten more minutes do you guys mind if I join in? I just don't want to join for ten minutes and then leave....)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm » Flight: *Surprisingly helpful* Four successes
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm » Kyra: [not doing too bad]
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm » 4,10,8,6,4, 4 (3 successes)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:36 pm » Zoe: *highly familiar with research organization methods*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:36 pm » ... 9,5,10,10,8, 10 (8 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 pm » ok, everyone searching for notes and such, roll perception + investigation
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 pm » Zoe: *talking to Kyra and Sai, and ignoring Flight*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm » Zoe: Noted. If either of you are able to find either the communications book or, preferably, her most recent research notes, that would be helpful. *will start searching the room*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm » Kyra: [definitely going to Examine the office. If Zoe's examining, can they combine successes?]
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 pm » Flight: *still hanging out in the background*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 pm » Guard: Sure ma'am. *motions to one of the doors of the room and opening it to reveal a small office full of books* She spent most of her time in the library itself towards the... end?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 pm » Zoe: Can we see her research area?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 pm » Hmm...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm » Oh, never mind.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm » Can I help on the check?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm » ok, Zoe can tell that whatever's affecting her is not the result of any known poison or disease and judging by the symptoms not all matching up, it's probably some sort of essence driven affect on her mind more than anything else.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 pm » 8 successes, + 3 for 11 total.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm » (Not sure if I am here for the rest of the night, but its awesome to see everyone in chat and I hope what I missed ihas been fun)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm » kk
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm » (personal)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm » Using 2nd int excellence with 6 m.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm » you may
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:26 pm » Can I do a med check?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 pm » The guard leads you all through the hall again, you all get a tense feeling from the people around, as they quietly move from task to task. Eventually you come to a large room furnished relatively well, but not luxuriously. A large bed at one end of the room sits with it's curtains drawn closed, a small table pulled up next to it with soup and seveal containers of medicines, in the bed a form can be seen laying restlessly, occasional frightened whimpers coming from the form. like a child having a nightmare.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 pm » (Hi, Zobot!)
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 pm » (Hi Z)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 pm » (Hi, Z!)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:24 pm » heya Zo! ))
Professor Zobot « Sat May 12, 2012 8:24 pm » (Hi.)
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:23 pm » Zoe: *will follow the guard*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:23 pm » Zoe: *nods*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:22 pm » Matron: if you wish. *motions to the guard* take them to the matron's quarters I have work to do.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:21 pm » Zoe: May I examine the head Matron?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:21 pm » Zoe: *nods*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:20 pm » Matron: no, just that it was alive, she said she could smell it.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:20 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:20 pm » Zoe: And did she say what that was?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 pm » Matron: the library is in the Empty City, in the first ring. As for Whisper, she was going after whatever was causing the people to dissapear at night.
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:18 pm » Zoe: Did Whisper specificy what she went after, where she was going, or why she wanted it?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:17 pm » Kyra: Where is this library?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 8:16 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:15 pm » Matron: Very well, I am Matron Zavide, I am currently working to fill in for the head Matron until she recovers. We opened a library about two months ago. At first everything was fine, just new books to look through, a task the head matron loved indulging in personally. But after about a week she was spending more time in the library reading than she was sleeping or eating, until she collapsed. she's been in a fevered state since then, barely able to keep food and water down. We couldn't find the artifact she used to communicate with the town's patron, echo as you call him. Shortly after some scavengers or raiders or something set up camp a few miles away and started demanding we return something of theirs, never specifying what, saying we'd lose ours if we did not. Then people started dissapearing every night. When Whisper arrived she immediately went after something and we've yet to see her since.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:14 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 8:14 pm » ((There's two of them. o.o))
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 8:13 pm » Kyra: [watching]
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 pm » Zoe: More information about the situation would be appreciated.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:09 pm » The woman shrugs casually. "Stay or go, I don't care. Now, I suppose taking time out of my busy schedule will be worth it if you all can help."
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm » Flight: *shrugs* Oi was just following them cause they wanted moi 'elp for a job. Iff'n you want, I'll hang outside the door...
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm » Zoe: That is correct.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm » The woman raised an eyebrow at Zoe's explanation. "I'm guessing you in particular at least are here for information regarding whisper and the correspondence?"
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm » Zoe: Some of us are here to determine the location fo Whisper and the cause for the cease in correspondence. One of us has for some reason joined the group hdespite being unaffiliated with this goal.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:04 pm » The guard looks a bit embarassed "I know ma'am bu-" she cuts him off still working on her paperwork. "So it's agreed I said no disturbances. And yet here you are." The guard responds in a flustered rush. "Except you said if Whisper or someone else arrived to talk to you!" At which she looks up for the first time, examining all of you one at a time. "And who are you all?"
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 8:04 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm » Zoe: *waiting for the guard's response*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 8:01 pm » Zoe: *likes this person already*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 pm » You all are led into the expansive town hall and through the hallways until you reach a small office where an older woman is sitting behind a desk, looking over paperwork. "I thought I said I was not t be disturbed." She states without looking up as the door opened
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm » Flight: *confused, but following*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm » Zoe: *is supposed to be here, clearly*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm » Zoe: *following*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 pm » GrangOOC: Everything went better than expected.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 pm » Kyra: [following!]
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:55 pm » The guard looks surprised and looks at the gathering of people. "Ah, apologies. Whisper never said any others were coming. This way ma'am." He motions for the group to follow him to the building.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm » Flight: *resists the urge to facepalm, as it would be out of character*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm » ((Pff))
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:53 pm » Zoe: Correspondance with Echo of the Jackle's Laughter. He was concerned.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 7:53 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:52 pm » The guard blinks and stares at Zoe for a moment. "...Who? and correspondence with who?"
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 pm » Zoe: I'm Prickles of the Hedgehogs Quills. I'm here to complain about the lack of prompt correspondance.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 pm » One of the guards steps in Zoe's way. "Hey, hey woah. can't just walk into the townhall. who're you miss?" The guards to the side are talking quietly about the head matron and how she seems to be sick
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm » Kyra: [attempting to listen to the guards, hear what the trouble is]
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm » Zoe: *will try to enter*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm » alright, you all approach the large building at the center of the town and you can see that there's some tension among the guards at the gate to the town hall.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:43 pm » Flight: *is going with the group, unless sai split off*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:43 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:42 pm » Kyra: [sure, she'll follow]
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:41 pm » Zoe: *is also ignoring Flight*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:41 pm » Zoe is. If Kyra doesn't follow her, she'll want to at least know why not.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:40 pm » anyway, you all heading for the council of Matrons?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:39 pm » *jane
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:37 pm » pretty much hane, it's mostly a scavenging town, mostly off the tech in the Empty City a few miles away, since the people that llive there are the only ones that can really enter it
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:36 pm » *scavengers
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:36 pm » Zoe: *then will ask about the location of the person that was supposed to be writing reports to Echo whose name I can't remember*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm » Zoe: *writing*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm » Flight: *follows Sai towards the inn, once they start moving that way*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm » Nothing unusual for scavenging, then.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm » Ah, OK.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm » Most of the stalls are selling pieces of artifacts, gearboxes, parts of a construct's processor, that sort of thing. there were a couple of complete artifacts, though msot of them loked well used and nothing major, all sold for pretty high prices as befitting artfacts.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 pm » *thing
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 pm » That sort of thign.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 pm » Kyra's going to wander over to examine the artifacts. What sorts of things are people selling? Complete? Broken bits? High-power? Mid? Low? For how much?
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm » Flight: *looks around with interest*
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm » Zoe is going to walk in, and if the guards done paying attention to her, look for a place to sit down so she can make a note to Echo about the people demanding their stolen property back.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:27 pm » the guard nods "good, well then welcome to the city folks." The doors slowly swing out, showing the main street of the town, almost a small city in it's own right. There was a large market near the front gates, full of stalls with bits of old artifact technology and food as well as other items, but it was the artifacts that were the star attraction of the market. there were more complete looking artifacts and more parts in these stalls than most of the group had probably ever seen before. Except Flight, who being actually Grang, had seen more in Yu-shan. Around the market were large buildings, obviously warehouses where thing were made, and the bigger pieces of artifact technology was kept, past all that were rows of houses heading up a small hill towards a large building at the center of town.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:24 pm » Kyra: [watching]
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:24 pm » Zoe: Are we allowed in?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm » Zoe: Based on the success of other people who try that same approach and common logic, no.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:21 pm » Flight: Oi ain't planning on it, no.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:20 pm » As you all stand there watching the scavenger looking raiders walking away the gate guard shouts down at you. "I hope you're not here to randomly accuse us of stealing things are you?"
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm » Indeed
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm » ok, last time we left off, you all had arrived at the small city of Deandsor, near the Empty City, witnessing a strange exchange between several scavengers and the wall guards.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm » heya Jane
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:12 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:12 pm » [here]
Jane Narbon « Sat May 12, 2012 7:12 pm » Honest Jane: Oh, sorry. I was just closing up the used boat dealership.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:10 pm » I don't think he's going to make it and if he does it'll be later.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm » Did Z say if he was going to be here or not?
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 pm » *pokes Jane*
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:04 pm » heh, it's fine. so jane here still?
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 pm » Sorry. I was napping. ^^
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 7:02 pm » So very
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:02 pm » apparently. :P so very late
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm » Hi. So I was a minute off your mark?
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm » heyas!
Claire « Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm » I'm here.
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm » *waves*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm » *gets popcorn* Hi, Wally!
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm » *pokes head in*
Wallycaine « Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:57 pm » Righto. I'll probably peek in and out.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm » well, whenever Kate arrives anyway ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm » Wheee!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm » and that's it for the solar group! ^.^ next up, in 4 minutes or so is the lunar/sidereal group!
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm » Adachi: *smiles* sounds like a plan.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:55 pm » Peri: And I;m double checking that heavy weaponry liscence. If you;re going to have a forgery, it;ll be a *good* one.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm » Hue Thi: *only faintly glowy, but no sense taking chances*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm » Ti: *is also glowy*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: Below deck for me, then. *is blazing*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm » Hue: *nods, but doesn't laugh or say anything*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm » (He'll probably talk to her a little later, when he- and possibly she- aren't quite so shaken.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm » Peri: *hucking the armor in the river too* Right. May he rest in peace and have better luck with rides.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm » Ti: *shows them the papers* Let's get on board. And, belowdecks until we stop shining.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm » (And it may very well bother her. Hmm.)
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm » (hey, I do have a 2 compassion-I'm not completely heartless. Just practical.)
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » ok, she finds some papers for getting into Great Forks as well as instructions on "spreading the Walker's Word" to the city. but that seems to be it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » Not saying anything because he also partly suspects she's fine, or at least would be insulted.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm » He's not going to say anything, but even if Ti can do this stuff, he worries about how she's being affected by this.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm » Peri: *handles tying rocks to the hammer, and sinking it somewhere deep*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm » Hue thinks that's fair enough. Info is info. We can assume this happens before burning.
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:46 pm » Ti: *grimly goes through his pockets. She's gone this far.*
chicgeek « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » Ti: I suppose searching him should be done...*makes a moue of distaste* But I don't want his belongings. Just..seeing if he has notes or letters or such.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » *huck
Mithril Jack « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » I don't
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm » (Anyone else object to 'hughit in a river/ buyy em?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:43 pm » Peri: *nods* It'ds what I;d hope enough for. But its good to think about it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:43 pm » Hue Thi is not taking anything, but if others want to he won't stop them.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » (ood question... Peri'd vote for 'huck it in the river')
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » Hue Thi: ...People will be safer now. I can't think of any nobler use for a weapon.
Demothesis « Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm » so, you all leaving the body with his armor and such or taking that?

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:44 pm » ok, saving logs...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm » No worries here.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm » yep, they will, don't worry ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm » Quick question. The "teams" will change at some point, right? Not that I'm not having fun, but I'd sorta like it if some of the group saw other of the groups again.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm » as for xp, 4xp for everyone and +1 to peri for outing the fake Rassilon
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » ah, righto MJ.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » (I hate to wait too, Geneve!)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » I.m actually going to a friend's "going away" party next Saturday. I may not be available.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:38 pm » yes., next saturday
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » We are just talking saturday, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » *available ehenever*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » Same here.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » I'll be home by 5:30.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » Any time, the earlier the better.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » (Wehhhhhhhh I don't wanna wait till next weeeeeeeeeek... *sadface*)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » sweet. ok, so before we leave off the solar group, what's everyone's availability next week?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » (Yaay~)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 pm » (Hopped up on painkillers most likely, but free)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 pm » (Yeah! And I'll be free the whole day! Sort of!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 pm » (Agreed.)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 pm » which means Ti goes on tick 0, nRass on tick 1, Hue on tick 2, Flim on tick 3, peri on tick 4, and Fist on tick 6(wally corrected my mistake ^.^)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 pm » (next week will be interesting!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 pm » ...so bad news is Peri is gonna get his butt handed to him before we catch on completely, good news is we got the tank.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 pm » Dang. Dude was ready to go.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 pm » 4 successes for not!Rassilon
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 pm » Pffff.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:32 pm » XD
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:31 pm » haahahaa. she botched it. so tick 8 for her.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:31 pm » Eeep....
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:31 pm » Aw, nertz. 2,5,2,8,1, 2,4 (1 success)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm » 8,9,3,2,1 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm » and fist is using stubborn monkey hesitation to add her essence to her join battle roll
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm » 5,10,9,5,7, 7 (5 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm » 8,1,5,1,1, 10,2 (3 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 pm » Hee hee hee hee.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 pm » Peri: *if it IS sensei, he;ll be picking himself out of a wall ad getting help with not-Rass, sooooo*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 pm » in which case, it's time for everyone to roll join battle before we wrap up the solar group tonight
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm » and since it's in plain sight her 5 successes +2 automatic. so not a surprise attack.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm » Yikes
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm » 4,9,5,4,8, 7 (3 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm » (He's going to be very embarassed if thats actuly fist.)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm » ok, so unexpected attack on Fist. roll dex +stealth tinker
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 pm » Hue: *would high-five Ti but is a little preoccupied*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm » Ti: *will also try to tackle Rass* Knew it!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm » Hue: *attempts to grab Rassilon*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm » ((He's thinking a little fast.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 pm » (( Well... yeah. He can;t keep Rassilon from running away if he;s trying to fight fist.))
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm » right, one sec
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm » ((He smacked Fist but said to grab Rassilon? *confused*))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm » Yeah.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm » ok, was peri trying to make that an unexpected attack?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm » Peri: Grab 'im!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm » Peri stands sudenly and whips his arm out, attempting to smack his oen senei in the side of the head.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm » Peri: ... *smiles* Well. Everythings fine h-
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 pm » Hue Thi: *uneasy*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 pm » Rassilon:*taps back*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 pm » ((could be feeding our paranoia))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 pm » Flim: You'll always be magistrate to me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm » Peri: *reaches out to tap the table, in a code Rass taught him* <You realize this looks suspicious as hell right.>
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm » ((Dun dun dunnnnn!))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm » ((We are so dead.))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm » Rassilon: I don't think I get to call myself magistrate at this point~ pretty sure they've revoked that license.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:18 pm » ok, no one notices anything out of the ordinary.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm » 2,5,6,8,9, 1,9,7,6,2 (4 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm » 8,6,10,10 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm » 4,2,3,8,8, 5,9 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm » (Wooo! The return of Rassilon!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:16 pm » 1,3,8,7,2, 8,7 (4 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:15 pm » Flim: (bows his head) Hello, Magistrate.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:15 pm » Rassilon: Same as always~ My nose goes where it goes and sometimes goes where others don't like~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:15 pm » WELP.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:15 pm » ok, everyone make a perception + awareness roll
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:14 pm » Hue: *stays back again while Peri and Rassilon reunite*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:14 pm » Ti: Makes two of us, Hue. *pulls up a chair*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm » Hue: ...*brightens* But perhaps I'm only a little paranoid.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm » Peri: *smiles* Rassilon. *gently taps hsi forhead8 Whaddya doing getting in trouble, huh?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm » Peri: They have a lot in common.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm » Rassilon:*looks up to see fist with a long suffering sigh, before noticing everyone else* Peri~! What took you so long~?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 pm » ((*something))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 pm » Hue: *shakes head* I don't doubt your strength, but somethig about this... It feels too easy.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 pm » Ti: *stays alert* Heh, Rassilon looks like Zoe right now...
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:11 pm » Fist: idiot monk thought dragon's make him strong. Miss point. only you make you strong.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:11 pm » Peri: *smiles* It's *sensei*. Mama hired her officialy after she beat nine hells out of an Immaculate.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:10 pm » Fist: You survive because learn fast, and listen when I say duck. Easy,idiots grab talky cousin, I follow. They post guards, I beat guards. They lock up in cage, I break cage.*eventually back to one of the hotels with an outdoor eating area where Rassilon can be seen hunched over a book, fork hovering over a plate of food, most of it having fallen back onto the plate by now as he is obviously too caught up in reading.*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:10 pm » Hue: *looks to Ti and nods- something's not right*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm » (Jinx!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm » Hue: The rescue, I mean.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm » Ti: *hand resting on knife hilt* Fist, how did you rescue him from dragonbloodeds?
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm » Hue: So, how did you manage it?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm » Peri: *is in TRUST MODE*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm » Hue: *keeps tight hold on stick*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm » Hue: *feels a bit nervous as well*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm » Ti: *keeping her eyes open along the way. Somehow, this seems too easy to her...*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm » Peri: So bad missing reason why I survive? *trots after, grinning back at friends*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm » Fist: You too happy to see me again. Will fix that soon with morning training again. *glaring a bit at Peri before jerking her head back in the direction of the docks and leading the way*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm » ((Fist is fantastic.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 pm » Peri: Yes, sensei. Sorry to bother you with him, Sensei. *beams, and touches his fists together*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 pm » ((I love Fist. Just so everyone knows.))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:02 pm » Fist: Don't know. Don't care. we go find talky cousin and you take back so Fist get sleep again snapdragon?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 8:02 pm » ,
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm » Ti:(smiles)We justheard that there were three dragons, with a prisoner, just waiting ontransport. Old news, or someone else, I wonder?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm » Fist: You say good news, I was enjoying ear attached to head from not being talked off.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm » (pfff)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm » Hue Thi: You have? That's wonderful news!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:00 pm » Hue: *laughs* My name is Hue Thi.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:00 pm » Peri: Thank you sensei. Sorry for being slow, sensei.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:59 pm » Fist:*knows Peri is exalted by now, does. not. care. still the teacher.* Exactly. Also, you slow. I already rescue talky idiot cousin.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:58 pm » Peri: Ow! *grinning* Yes, sensei. Puppy no fight, hound no bounce.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:58 pm » Fist: *waps peri* snapdragon, what we say about acting like puppy? *to Ti* if magnet shoot toward trouble like idiot, yes.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm » Ti: *grins* Hello, Fist. I am Ti-Zahn, but they all call me Ti. Tell me, has Snaps always been a trouble magnet?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm » Peri: *almost bouncing*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm » Hue: *tries not to laugh at Peri*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm » Hue: Honored to meet you, ma'am. *very conscientiously does NOT bow*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm » Flim: I know a little, though nothing like you. My name is Harold Hill.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm » Peri: *smiles a little* My friends, this is my teacher, Fist That Grips No Mercy. *beaming with joy at seeing this terrifying person again*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:53 pm » Fist: *walks beside Peri, a towering woman built like a linebacker and with a very distinctive set of yellow jade armor on.* Hello snap dragon's friends. *looking them over appraisingly and pokes Flim* you look like you know fighting.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:53 pm » Hue: *attention aaaaaa*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm » ((Hm. Interestng))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm » Peri: Not like you do it, Sensei. You'll like my friends. *walks with her out of the arena to introduce her to Ti and Hue*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm » Fist: yes, is good standby for boring fight. *shrugs* sure, fight can wait for idiots to clean arena. You think they never see blood before.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm » Hue ThiOOC: Meep.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:49 pm » Peri: *glances* Ouch. Up He Fly Boring Fight Throw? *smiles* Have time to meet my friends?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:48 pm » Fist: *laughs* Yes, walls like bowing ninnies. Have been teaching. *nods head towards a wall of the arena with a recent crack in it*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:48 pm » Hue Thi: ...Mind, he's just announced his presence to the entire district, if not the whole city...
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:46 pm » Peri: I;d have bowed, but thats a good way to get punched into a wall, sensei. *grins*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm » Fist: *turns to look, grin growing on her face* Snapdragon! Was just wishing for challenge!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm » Peri: *looks up, so she can see its him*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 pm » Peri: *takes off his coat, hands it to Ti with a nod of thanks, and takes off at a run- leaping into the arena to land in a crouch*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 pm » Ti: Applauds Fist*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 pm » Hue: Of course. *steps back*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 pm » Ti: Go. We'll wait.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm » Peri: ... Um. Guys? Do you mind if I.. this is a little emotional. Can I take a moment, to say hi?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm » Peri: Possibly. We could always ask him nect time we- wup, there she is.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm » It only takes you all a short time to find the Cinnabar district, and the fighting arena. When you arrive it's no surprise to Peri to see Fist in the middle of the arena, with four unconcious men laying in crumpled heaps at her feet.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm » Ti: Peri? If the dragons are awaiting proper transport, do you think that's something Adachi might hear about, while he's at the docks himself?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm » ( *nodnod*)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm » (Kyra: [far away, is tying a random string up in a bow])
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm » (so...leaving the tea house?)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 pm » Ti: *joins in the bowing*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 pm » (I can't type tonight)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 pm » Enlightened: and the same for you.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:38 pm » *bowd
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:38 pm » Peri: *bows*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:38 pm » Flim: *boes back*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:37 pm » Hue Thi: *bows* Thank you again for your time. I wish you good fortune in your endeavors.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm » Enlightened: of course. Good luck to you all. *bows to each of you*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm » Peri: Worth a shot.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:35 pm » Enlightened: hardly the most random thing I've been asked and no, fighting is not something I pay much heed to.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:34 pm » Peri: Thank you. *bows* ...this... might sound random... since you're a releigious person and all... but have you heard of a fighter named the Yellow Dragon moving through town?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm » Hue Thi: ...I see. Thank you. Thank you very much. *quick but troubled glance at Peri*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:32 pm » Peri: Ahhhh.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 7:32 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm » (ah)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm » Enlightened: hmmm, yes, there was a trio of dragon blooded that came to the city recently. They said they were escorting a prisoner back to their lands and are waiting n proper transport.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 pm » (she's called yellow dragon because of the yellow jade buff jacket she wears. yellow jade is very rare and the only magical material mortals can attune to fully. That and she's sort of, unoffcially, considered the mortal version of an immaculate dragon of martial arts.)
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 7:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 pm » (( She does good infamy~))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 pm » (I think it's because she scares everyone ELSE.)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm » (Is that because she scares easily? <eg>)
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm » (Hi all, hope you guys are having fun ^_^)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm » (Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yellow Dragon would be a good way to make infamy)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm » (Sorry- thats one of Fists names, one of her fighting stage names.)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:23 pm » (What's the Yellow Dragon?)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:23 pm » (brb)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 pm » Peri: ... *wonders if she might have heard of the Yellow Dragon*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 pm » Hue Thi: Recently?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 pm » (Hey Wally)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm » (Hi, Wally)
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm » (Pokes head in, watches)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm » Hue Thi: What have you heard of the dragons in Nexus? Anything... unusual?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm » Enlightened: yes?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm » Hue Thi: ...I do have one more question, if you don't mind.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:19 pm » Ti:*looks at the others* But perhaps we should be on our way? *returns the nod* And with you.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:19 pm » Hue Thi: And with you.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 pm » Enlightened: indeed. light go with you. *nods*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 pm » Ti: Priestess, thank you for sharing your words with us. I hope that we do meet again, before we leave the city.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm » Peri: *smiles a little*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm » (It's in the hymnal)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm » (( Hehee.))
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm » ((It seems fitting))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:15 pm » Enlightened: it is not an experience to be put to words. I was learning the word of Vax, the founder of our religion, and was visited along with several others by a shining one. It had been a long day, tiring, but after a moment of speaking with him I felt invigored for days after.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:15 pm » ((I have the perfect theme song in mind for the Illuminated. "Shining, Happy People" By R.E.M. :) ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 pm » Hue Thi: Ah, now that's a tale I'd like to hear!
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 pm » Enlightened: *nods* I see. I hope your kin remains well and your rescue goes well. As for that... *smiles, obviously remembering a fond memory* once, yes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 pm » Peri: *glances at Hue, and sips his tea, which he added a lot of sugar to* Mn.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 pm » Ti: I would like to ask you something...andI understand if you would rather not answer...but have you ever met a 'shining one'? *curious and friendlytone*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm » Hue Thi: *worried look*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 pm » Hue Thi: We are...concerned that servants of the Empire may have done some harm to kin of his. *nods to Peri* I hope you do not mind my sharing, Peri. It isn't certain, at any rate.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 pm » Enlightened: You would know it by the depictions of the sun in a positive light.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 pm » Enlightened: a small one yes, in the Firewander District.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:08 pm » Ti: Do you have a temple, ma'am?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:08 pm » Enlightened: Well, I walk the streets every day speaking of the coming day, it is easy enough to find me if one has want to. *smiles*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 pm » Peri: I'm afraid I have some duity to my family I must attend to, before comitting myself to anything. But I suspect my cousin would be interested to speak to you.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm » Ti: I see...thank you. *glances at Peri*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:05 pm » Enlightened: Yes, this city does not persecute the shining ones as many do. Though it is not out of kindness, it is out of greed. They may bring in more money, or serve the council's uses, and that is all the reason they have. But we hope one day they may be persuaded to more righteously support the shining ones.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm » Hue Thi: *stops speaking for now, and looks to Ti, directing attention towards her*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm » Hue Thi: Possibly, but it is unwise to commit to a cause without fully understanding it.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:03 pm » Tiu: I have heard that the..sun's avatars? for lack of a better word, are tolerated in this city. But one hears so many things...Tell me, is this so?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 7:03 pm » Enlightened: Thank you sir, I am glad that you find our name so fitting. *nods pleasantly* So, are you three interested in the chance to assist the coming cycle of day in it's approach? Doing what we can to help the shining ones?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:02 pm » Peri: ...*gives huge and Ti both a quiet glance*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm » Peri: Hmn. Interesting.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm » Hue: Cult of the Illuminated... an appropriate title for people who speak so reverently of light and sun.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 7:00 pm » ,
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 pm » (Though, according to the Immaculate order, the Cult of the Illuminated is a crazy cult of personality. But that's a matter of opinion.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 pm » ((Which is what cult used to mean anyway.))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm » Enlightened: Rain weather is when a dragon is cooking with onions. *smiles at Peri and claps at Hue's words* My, you have even greater a talent for words than I. I was found by another such as myself whose words I followed. Eventually I was taught and shown the sun's light in person and trained to preach. It is the way of the Cult of the Illuminated(just an FYI cult in exalted does not mean crazy cult of personality like it does irl, just a small religion essencially.)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm » (oops)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:57 pm » Flim: .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 6:57 pm » ((Seriously, I second Chic's statement about this session. This is art)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm » Peri: *smiles*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 pm » *is very impressed*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 pm » Hue: *pleasant grin*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:54 pm » Ti: *raises eyebrows appreciatively at Hue*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:54 pm » ((I was adlibbing ignore my fail please))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:54 pm » ((*proof, that second truth should be proof))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:53 pm » Hue Thi: ...Your words are fair, and in them Truth/ I hear, despair's end in the truth/may yet be found, and yet I wonder/in this world where people blunder/through lives surrounded by words of hate/ how you came to have the fate/ of first learning what you preach/ Who was there to find and teach?
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:53 pm » Ti: *sips tea, Thinking*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: Dare I ask what rain weather is?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm » Enlightened: which is a fancy way to say. These are dark days, and the coming cycle of the sun promises that things will be better. And it is through our actions that it shall come about.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:50 pm » Hue Thi: ...*debates*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 6:49 pm » ((Which is to say, they're awesome))
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 6:49 pm » ((I approve of these rhymes))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:49 pm » Peri: ... *eyebrow raise*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:48 pm » Enlightened:*after a sip of her tea* Light, and shadow, light,and shadow. Of these two do all else follow. The night and day, suffering and joy, the paths of fate to whom we are toys. The cycle of desteny is day and night, times of peace and times of the fight. As we are now, it has not always been. What we are in now is the result of the failures of men.We are not told all that is, we cannot see all with our eyes, we pray one day, the sun may rise. Our efforts will reward us in this life, we will not be subject to the dragons strife.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:48 pm » (This is one session that need sto be saved. ^_^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » Peri: *sits* I;m a fine influence.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » ((Nono, that is a valuable service.))
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » (Heeheehee))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » (Sorry!))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » ((Ahhh.))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » Enlightened: *leads to a teahouse and takes a seat* (he's writing up more rhyming bits for Enlightened. seeing as I'm rather horrible at it ^.^)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 pm » Ti: *rolls her eyes at that, then looks at Peri* You're a bad influence. *teasing*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm » ((...did Luc go somewhere?))
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:45 pm » Flim: I prefer something a bit stronger, but tea will do.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm » Ti: *nods, looks at Flim*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm » Hue: *smiles* Wonderful. *to Ti and Peri* Does that suit you?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm » Enlightened: *nods* That I do. The long cycle of night is coming to an end and with the cycle of day approaching the sun's light shall bath all the world in it's glory. And but of course. there is a teahouse nearby where we may speak more.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm » (Yep, Ti can only speak in awhisper, I took the lower point mute disadvantage)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:42 pm » ((*possibly making assumptions here*))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:41 pm » Hue: Is there someplace quieter where we might talk? I apologize for the trouble, but my friend cannot raise her voice.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:41 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:40 pm » Ti: You spoke of 'the light'...the sun's light?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:39 pm » Peri: *nods a little, watching with interest*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:38 pm » Enlightened: But of course. The light of the day always has a bit more to give, and so must I. *laughs lightly before retrieving a small bottle of water and taking a light sip* What would you have me speak to you of?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:38 pm » HueOOC: I have never in my life met a preacher who was not eager to preach given ANY opportunity.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:38 pm » Ti: But perhaps over a cup of something? After that debate, refreshment is called for.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:37 pm » Hue: Might you have a few words left to spare for my friends and I? We would be interested in hearing more.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm » Hue: You have a talent for the spoken word. Such a talent should be appreciated. *bows back*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm » (Hi, Zobot!)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm » (Hey)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 pm » Enlightened: Thank you sir. It is good to be appreciated. *bows lightly*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 pm » Ti: *nods at the woman and smiles*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 pm » Hue: Very well spoken.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 pm » Ti: *elbows Hue*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 pm » It takes a while, both seeming to be perfectly willing to shout themselves hoarse to make their point. At one point attacking each other's beliefes and the next extoling the virtues of their cause and imploring the good nature of the pedestrians, obviously trying to win over followers. The cynical residents of Nexus though, seem little interested in either of the priests' words, simply rushing to wherever they were heading. Eventually the two seem to come to a truce of sorts and both make to leave at about the same time, the woman in the robe walking past your group after a moment
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm » Ti: *gives Peri's arm a reassuring squeeze*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm » Peri: *nods* I agree with that. *is antsy, but she is right.*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:32 pm » Ti*Whispered especially quietly to Peri and Hue*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:32 pm » Ti: Well, if he's...a member of the club, so to speak? Could be a possible ally...worth finding out who he is and where he can be found, perhaps?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » Hue Thi: I'd like to listen further as well~
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » Peri: Hmmn. Alright.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » (heya MJ ^.^ )
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » Ti: Y'know. I'd like to make that guy's aqquantaince. *nods at the Enlightened* Let's stick around and watch.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » Peri: *listening* Huh. New fusion style.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » The two keep their debate relegated to words, but you can see the burning anger in both their eyes as they stare each other down from opposite sides of the same street. obviously trying to win over passerbys
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm » (( *bows*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:29 pm » Hue Thi: *listens appreciatively*
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 6:29 pm » Hey guys!
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm » (I Like!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm » ((Oh yes!))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm » (thanks to tinker for writing up this debate/rap battle the other day ^.^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm » ((Wait.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm » ((Oh no.))
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm » Enlightened: Inferior? All they had to do was be born. Are the labors of m own hands worth that little scorn? Given a choice, of the earth that is killing me Worshiping the life giving light cant be such a blasphemy.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm » Immaculate: You cant even see the damage that is done You have had a sickness installed in you my son. How can you let the demons have their claws in our lands When already once we suffered so at their hands You may claim what you like, but you do owe your life To the protection and saviors of our superiors Who made our laws and save you from the strife Only a foolish man does not understand he is inferior.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm » Enlightened: o! But the monk is striking on the broad Hammering the values they have been taught You can try to shame me, But don’t you dare blame me, For if the sins of the golden ones are mine Does that make the sins of the empire thine? If its point by point of suffering upon our people Then the empire and its exalts are not exactly noble Infidel you call me, and like a mother scold me But you cannot deny I am in the service of those who are also holy. Righteous is the value of those who are right Its not just a trophy for those with the might.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm » Peri: ? Oh, a debate.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm » Immaculate: Repent! You realize you are an infidel Worshipping demons as they clamber from hell Wearing the skins of the empires children As long as you support those beasts, you might as well have killed them. The role of a moral is to do god deeds To live in humility where their lords see Repent your sin For the righteous always win.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm » Peri: All we need now is to have to fast-talk a gaurd.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm » as you all are walking down the crowded streets towards the Cinnabar district you can hear a pair of loud angry voices yelling at each other, eventually coming into sight of a man dressed in an immaculate monk's robes and a woman dressed in loose robes bleached white with gold colored accents. They seem to be debating in the manner most priests do, with rhythmic rhyming words.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm » Hue Thi: Hee. We even have our own mystery to solve.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm » Ti: Heh, the three of us starting an adventure in a dangerous city...I feel like we're in an Inspector Tao story.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:23 pm » rolled random encounter for your travel to the arenas aaaaaand:
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Ti: *nods to Goraldo*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Adachi:*nods with a smile and goes back to organizing his crew*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Hue: *tiny salute*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Ti: Thanks, Captain.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Peri: Right. Arenas first. If shes here, people will know. *smiles*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm » Ti: *shakes hand also*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:21 pm » Hue: Yes, thank you for everything. And good luck to you!
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:21 pm » Ti: Keep in mind...if we ask around at the hotels for them, their 'hosts' may be keeping an ear open for just that. But *shrugs* looks like that is the logical starting point. So, hotel first, get rooms, them checking out the fighting area?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:21 pm » Peri: Thank you, Adachi. *smiles, and takes his hand firmly*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm » Adachi: Right, well g'luck you all. *holds out hand to shake* We'll be here for a couple more days to get supplies and the like.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:19 pm » Peri: Well, I think starting there is good. Well need a place to stay ourselves.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:19 pm » Hue: *le obvious tourist*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 6:19 pm » Hue: *looking around*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm » Peri: *looks concerned* Well, she;s good at... not.. Im sure shes still here.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm » Adachi: wanton violence that's not sport anyway
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm » Adachi: There are a few fighting arenas in the Cinnabar district *points to the east* That's a good place to find fighters. As for barfights, well, Nexus rarely has those. Too much wanton violence and you can be banished.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm » Peri: Legal buisness, probably... but Sensei would have moved someplace. *thinks* ... is there anywhere that professional fighters stay, who aren;t with the Immaculates?
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm » Ti: It's as good a starting place as any...but if I know your teacher, won't she be in a bar brawl while she's in town? *with a smile, trying to lighten the mood*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm » Adachi: Well, most travelers have to stay in certain hotels, depending on what they're here for. If they were supposed to just be waiting for you all, then they'd be at one of the hotels near here marked with a red flag, those are for folks "just passing through" Any idea what else they might have been here for?
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm » (Okay, seems to be okay now)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm » right, I'm seeing her messages. if that helps))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm » (Chic says shes having trouble with chat.))
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm » *Testing, again*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:11 pm » ..
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm » *Testing*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm » Peri pushes his hair back. "Rassilon said that Sensei came here with him. If she's here, she;ll know where my cousin is." he suggests.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:08 pm » Adachi and his crew navigate the traffic expertly, finding a free dock and pulling the boat up to it, lashing it to the dock as the busy dockhands run to and fro between destinations.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:08 pm » Ti: So, Snaps-any idea where to start?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm » A week or so later the city of nexus can be seen around the river bend. It sits low on a protruding piece of land at the fork of the Yellow and Grey rivers. The docks threading out into the water like fingers grasping for purchase in the water, adding to how the city presses towards the riverbanks, everything trying to be as close the water, and the trade as possible. boats travel in and out of the harbor, some small fishing vessels and some huge cargo ships, all busilly moving in and out of the harbor.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 6:05 pm » S' right.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm » Yup!
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm » so, last time we left off, the group had just finished fighting and beating a rather rude deathknight hitchiker, before dumping him in the river and continuing on their way.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm » kk, works for me ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm » So-MJ said to go ahead and start without him.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 6:01 pm » *beats RL with a wiffle bat*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm » Hee, it does indeed.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm » it's ok chic. rl happens ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm » More then fine.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm » Bleagh.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm » h. Got home from work a bit mlate, put away groceries, got food, sat down...then looked at the clock and went. 'oh, crap!" I lost track of time. MJ will be along later-he has to chauffeur the kiddo. maybe 15 minutes for him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm » Hey, Chic.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm » Hee.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:56 pm » heya chic ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 pm » Sorry!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:54 pm » Heehehe.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:51 pm » heh, good analogy tinker. she should provide some entertainment
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:50 pm » heyas jane
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm » Heya, J.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm » Honey badger in the foxhouse, where PCs are concerned.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm » Hi, T, Geneve, Demo!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm » Hello?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm » honey badger in henhouse? :P
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 pm » ...maybe Wolverene in a henhouse.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 pm » I;m fond of Fist, and looking forward to her being involved, shes very... fox... henhouse....
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:46 pm » Peri: Yes, Sensei.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 pm » Fist: oh? good for twig man. Stick hittings is old noble art. I make everyone nervous snapdragon. is what I do.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:44 pm » Hue: I'm not... okay, maybe I am fragile. But I'm pretty good at hitting things with my stick.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:43 pm » Peri: Because you like to make fragile men with potential nervous, not actualy pursue them.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:43 pm » Hue: Sounds like a plan. *smile*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 pm » Fist: Then I drink for both of us! *grins* Why I flirt with twig man snapdragon?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 pm » Peri: Be gentle, Sensei...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 pm » Hue: Or flirt... unless I'm commissioned to...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 pm » Hue: I-I don't really drink...
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:37 pm » Peri: If she flirts, just relax so you wont get bruised!
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:36 pm » Fist: ah, is tradition of awkward familly reunion to introduce friends of family. *grabs Hue by the shoulders and directs him towards a bar* Want drink?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm » Peri: This is them getting along. Sensi! You have to meet Hue. He's amazing.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm » Rassilon: it's not my fault the truth of her was insulting.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:34 pm » Hue: I feel like I've been invited to someone else's awkward family reunion.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm » Peri: You insulted his mother, Rassilon.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 pm » *snrk*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 pm » it's funny how between the three of them peri is the one who's tactfull
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:31 pm » Rassilon: She certainly complains less about the times I piss off people with swords than you did~
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm » Peri: See? He's a sparrer.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:27 pm » Fist: Hmmph. Well, I keep watching to see then. Though he provide many oportunities for battle with his talk. Is great fun sometimes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 pm » Peri: Oh, and that one guy blacked out.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:25 pm » Peri I;ve seen him hurt someone that way....
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 pm » Fist: But no one is hurt. how that fighting?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm » Peri: its a kind of fighting, Sensei.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm » Rassilon: Thanks cousin. for that vote of confidence.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm » *even if his answer to many violent problems is "fire"*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:22 pm » Fist: He not fight. Just talk lots when in trouble.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:22 pm » (Hehee0
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 5:21 pm » Hue: ...*guessing Fist will not approve of him*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:20 pm » Peri: Maybe a bit of an idiot.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:20 pm » Peri: He's not a *coward*, anyhow.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:20 pm » Fist: I not see difference.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 pm » Rassilon: I am not weak or a coward! I just don't like inflicting violence if I can help it.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 pm » Fist: good! *pats back hard* Your cousin. he is weakling and coward. never practice much.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:18 pm » Peri: Yes I practice.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm » Fist: yes you practice or yes skull beating?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm » *sensei
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm » Peri: .. *cough* Yes, sensi.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm » Peri: YESMAM. *startled*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:14 pm » Fist: *pokes peri roughly* snapdragon. you practice since last meeting or I have to beat into your skull all over again?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:11 pm » Hey, Demo.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 5:10 pm » heyas tinker
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 5:10 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:57 am » Night, Jane!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:56 am » Anyways. G'night, Sarah :)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:56 am » They do get along well...
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:55 am » (Neat.)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am » (Yeah.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am » Axel: :)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am » (Anodised metal?)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am » Jane: [gives Axel a kiss]
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am » Axel: WooooOOOOoooow...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 am » Jane: [produces a sculpture! It's of flowers in a vase... made in all different shades of unpainted metal.]
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 am » (Oh, whoops. Take that back)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 am » Axel: :D! Ta!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:51 am » Jane: Hang on... [eye falls on box of scrap below table] This... is for you. [ka-crafting!]
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:51 am » Jane: Neat!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:50 am » Axel: ^^ sound and audio and electromagnetic fields. And it can do simple data analysis.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:50 am » Jane: Oh.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am » Jane: What's it capture?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am » Dodecahedron: *unfolds into little metal winged insect*
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am » Axel: It's a bug!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am » Jane: What is it? [holding it]
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:48 am » Axel: *Hands her a little metal dodecahedron.*
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 4:48 am » Axel: Uuuuuummm... *stretches this out, enjoying watching her panic* m..... how about this?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:46 am » She's kinda panicking.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:46 am » Jane: [to Axel, at home] Give me something tricky... quick!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 4:46 am » Yeaaah...

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:18 am » Zoe doesn't comply anyway.
Demothesis « Sun May 20, 2012 12:18 am » ok, blurgl, my focus is shot at this point, so we'll pick up again next week.
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:18 am » Ok. Provided everyone complies, Sai will direct the group somewhere private. Like an inn room
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 am » Sai: Alright
Wallycaine « Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 am » Grang: Can we go somewhere else to discuss?
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:14 am » Sai: ...wait, what?
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 am » Grang: *rolls his eyes* You remind me a lot of Zoe. Regardless, I'm working on it...
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:11 am » Sai: And I need to find if our hunter found any trace of Whisper...
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:11 am » Sai: ...we need to plan what we can do next. And leave the Matron to her work.
Demothesis « Sun May 20, 2012 12:11 am » Matron: apologies aren't removing the distraction.
Wallycaine « Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am » Grang: *sigh* Zoe, try being slightly less grumpy? Sai, try not to let it get to you. My apologies, Matron.
Demothesis « Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am » Matron: and your conversation is distracting.
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:09 am » Zoe: Your unjustified condescention is not appreciated.
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am » Sai: ...you'd be surprised, little one. I can lead.
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am » ZoeOOC: No.
Demothesis « Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am » RassilonOOC: oh yeah, missing me now huh~?
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am » Zoe: Not unless you have managed to duplicate Rassilon's skillset in the time since we last spoke. *sarcasm*
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:06 am » Sai: Ah. is there anything else?
Wallycaine « Sun May 20, 2012 12:06 am » .
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am » Sorry.
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am » *acting Matron
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am » Sai: ... the Seige that happened AFTER she vanished?
Sarah McLaren « Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 am » .
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 am » Zoe: The matron is working on a way to make the seige no longer existant.
Demothesis « Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 am » (hee, love Zoe)
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 am » Sai: ...what did you learn?
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 am » Zoe: That seems dependent on a number of factors I lack sufficient information for.
Wallycaine « Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 am » Sai: May I ask if there was anything we should know?
Claire « Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 am » Zoe: Yes.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:59 pm » Sai: Did you learn anything?
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 11:58 pm » Zoe: Yes?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:58 pm » Sai: Lady Zoe?
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 11:57 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:56 pm » ok, a few minutes later you all catch up with Zoe, who is watching the acting matron work at dissecting one of the dead raiders from the attack earlier
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm » Grang: ...I will be greatly amused if a sandgrouse just happens to land on his head one day.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm » *hee hee hee*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm » Sai: I shalt keep that in mind, Kyra.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm » *Sai's ABILITY TO BE PATIENT HAS DECREASED BY 12 KILOWAITS!*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:53 pm » Kyra: By the way— regarding signaling. If a sandgrouse lands on your head next time, how about we agree that's the signal that I'm in that form?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:53 pm » Grang: It's always easier to know which one to shoot from afar that way
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm » Grang: That said, it would be nice to know the face of the foe... *sigh*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm » Sai: True. At least we know what we must do when the time comes. If it comes to blows
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm » Sai: Heh.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 pm » Grang: *chuckles* You mean that ninety percent of life isn't like this?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 pm » Sai: Mayhap Lady Zoe will have more answers after her studying, though
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 pm » Sai: Hmm. I dislike this, Grang. This tension before the storm. Not knowing what's going on is unnerving
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 pm » Sai: Whomever they are, they are driving this. I would know whom I am crossing swords with. But you're right.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 pm » Grang: Not to mention risky.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 pm » Grang: That seems... a bit forward
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:48 pm » Sai: Hm. I think it's about time I met the people in that tent
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 pm » Kyra: And then they fell silent.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 pm » "Other voice: I see. Thou must still calm thyself. We must see this through."
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 pm » "First voice: nay, tis a lucky creature. it doth avoid mine blade ."
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » "Other voice: didst not your outburst satisfy thine need for exercise? surely whatever poor creature didst stray too close is regretting such."
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » "First voice: if thou dost insist, then tis not mine place to argue. Mine is to fight when the time cometh. I only hope it doth cometh soon."
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » "Other voice: Yea, for success lays with a well told tale, just as in our lands. They dost require different methods of telling oft times, but tis still a truth that remaineth truth."
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » "Rougher Voice: Mine sibling, dost this plan of thine truely require such theatrics?"
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » Kyra: I didn't see... him?... at all.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm » Sai: Did you get a good look at your assailant?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm » Kyra: The rougher voice had the rapier. This is what they said:
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm » Kyra: Anyway, there were two voices. They spoke Old Realm, and one was a human. The other was... just a bit rougher.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm » Sai: ...The commander of those brigands?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:44 pm » Kyra: It was strange... the rapier was made of some odd metal, like ultra-polished steel.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:44 pm » Kyra: Then, on my way home, I heard a conversation from the commander's tent. After someone attacked me with a rapier, that is. They thought I was an ordinary bird.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:44 pm » Grang: I think she's referring to losing track of signs of the thief... yeah
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm » Kyra: No. I saw the footprints of the thief. Thief and item were long gone.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm » Sai: Hm.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm » Sai: But if you saw the thief, the times don't match up
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm » Sai: ... those bandits outside keep insisting something was stolen from them. Mayhaps a connection?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm » Kyra: Because its case was smashed, and it wasn't there.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm » Sai: How do you know it was stolen?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm » Sai: ... a pendant?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm » Sai: Kyra, what?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm » Kyra: The item was triangular in shape.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm » Kyra: I've been all over. In the library, I couldn't find much. There was, however, a room where some sort of pendant had been stolen. Whoever did it made out the front door, then I lost track of them.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm » (Night, Geneve!)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm » (Night, Geneve!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm » ((gnight all))
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 pm » Kyra: Hello.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 pm » Grang: Hello again.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 pm » Kyra: [gets off Sai's shoulder and shifts back when she's not seen]
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:37 pm » Sai: ... Ah. I see. *Moves into an alleyway where they won't be seen*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 pm » Kyra: *tweet tweet a tweet tweet — tweeeet tweeeet!*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 pm » Kyra: dislodges from his head and perches on his shoulder. Tweets the rhythm of 'shave and a haircut'.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: *Reaching up to try and brush the sandgrouse off his head, not really aware it's Kyra*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: ...what the devil?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 pm » Kyra, who is presently in the form of a sandgrouse, will fly down and perch on Sai's head.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 pm » heading towards the town hall and Zoe
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 pm » Where are Sai and Grang now?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 pm » Just chiling
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 pm » No worries
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm » sorry, taking longer than I thought it would ^.^;;;
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm » (Hi!)
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm » ,
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm » ???
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 pm » ??
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:21 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:21 pm » k
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 pm » Ok. Fair enough
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm » ^.^;
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm » one moment, taking care of Zoe's moment of alone time before Sai and Grang arrive
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm » Sai: Grang? Zoe? Where art thou?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 pm » Kyra is doing stuff.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:04 pm » she's... a bit busy
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:04 pm » ...where's our fourth person, anyway?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:02 pm » Alright. After that, Sai will return to check out what Zoe and Grang are doing if he can find them
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 11:01 pm » Ok
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 11:01 pm » right, that should help the guards' chances later down the road
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 pm » 3,6,8,8,1, 7 (3 successes) Ok, I think that's a decent roll
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 pm » Ok, no stunting. Yet
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 pm » I'm just braindead tonight. But hm....
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm » int + war and you don't *need* to stunt for it, after all, we're not tactical geniuses here.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm » War plus Int? I feel like I should stunt for it, though
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm » (War + I dunno, maybe?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:55 pm » Ok. Sai is going to offer tactical strategies to the guard captain. What sort of roll would that be?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:55 pm » Guard Captain: sure, I can always ignore anything stupid you say.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:54 pm » Sai: Agreed. Captain, I'd like to stay and offer my insight if you'd be willing to allow me the honor. Mayhap I can be of some service.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:54 pm » Guard Captain: We have at least 150 guards and many more to be pulled from the populace in case of a breach
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm » Grang: That said, I have the feeling all our problems are related. If you'll excuse me, I'll go see how Miss Zoe is coming along with her research into the causes...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm » Sai: How many men strong are the guards?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm » Grang: That would not be a terrible idea. You'd have to do it carefully, though.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:50 pm » Sai: Someone needs to gather some decent intel.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 pm » Sai: Hm...
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 pm » Guard Captain: No idea, no leader has emerged, though they have a command tent. Just no one's come or gone from it that we've seen.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 pm » Sai: Who leads them?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 pm » Guard Captain: No, they keep demanding we return something, but never specify what. as for in a siege situation, we should be fine for a couple weeks before we'll start wanting for supplies.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:40 pm » Grang: Ahh... how well do we stand in a siege situation?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 pm » Sai: Why are they here? Does anyone know what they want?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm » Guard Captain: Right... you two are odd. Well the situation's simple, the city's surrounded by those weirdos. There's enough of them to make just charging out there at thim a bad idea, but not enough for them to really pose a large threat to the city on that side of the wall
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm » Sai: *Ignoring that* So what do we know about these raiders, sir?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm » Grang: Politics. Dislike them personally, but if I'm going to do my job, I have to deal with some of them...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai: ...REGARDLESS... I would like to ask if I may assist you, Commander....
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm » Grang: Yes, here to help. Not always the best at tactics, so I figured I'd at least see what the situation was before acting...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai: ...Grang, what are you speaking of?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai: ...gold... faction?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:33 pm » Grang: *thinks for a moment* Well, techically, it'd be more correct to say I'm here on behalf of the Gold faction, but then, they consider themselves Fate, so it's still correct, just misleading... Anyways!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:32 pm » Sai: Dishonorably discharged but stuck here just like you. I'd rather like to live, t'wouldn't thou?
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:32 pm » Zoe: *leaves*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 pm » Guard captain: An old soldier from the isle? If this is the empress trying to get us to accept empire rule again... You do that miss. And the Fate part, I don't give a good godamn about stuff like that, so long as we win. you're here to help? good.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm » Grang: I'm here on behalf of Fate, to help ensure you win the coming conflict. I'm not sure which part was confusing you... *questioning look*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm » SaiOOC: I am sure thou art.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm » (I had my wires crossed. My apologies.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm » GrangOOC: Gladly. Right now though, I'm just as much it's puppet as you.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm » Zoe: I am going to go back to the temporary Marton, seeing as that is likely highest priority.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:28 pm » (Er, change "Maiden's Forces" to "In the Blessed Isle's armies")
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm » ("Expect us.")
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm » ("We are Sidereals. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.")
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm » Sai: I'm.. an old soldier. I figured a former captain of the Maiden's forces might be able ot offer my assistance. And these two are my compatriots.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm » (The Sidereal Battle Cry:)
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm » Guard Captain: ...in that order: yes. Don't have the slightest what you're talking about and dont't care, annnnnd what?
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 pm » ZoeOOC: Will you alert me as to when I should start blaming you for Fate?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 pm » GrangOOC: Scariest words I will ever utter
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 pm » Grang: I'm Grang Nodrey, here on behalf of Fate, and I'm here to help.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 pm » Zoe: Here to complain about the lack of correspondence, and the derailing of said complaining.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:24 pm » Sai: *Following him* Art thou the captain of the Guard?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:24 pm » guard captain: *looks up from the map briefly before looking back down at it* and you lot are...?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:23 pm » Grang: *bows to the large man*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:22 pm » Wall guard: ah, yessir. *leads you all to a gatehouse near the main gate where a large man in solidly made armor is sitting at a table and examining a map.*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:20 pm » Zoe: *turns back into a human, still grumpy*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm » Sai: ...*when no one's looking, sets a teeny hedgehog down on the ground*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm » Sai: Alright. Noble guardsman, if you could please take me to your leader...
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm » Zoe: *is still a hedgehog for the moment, because why not*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm » Right, so after climbing the rope you all are back inside the city, just as the sun is starting to set.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 pm » Without having a big ugly row.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 pm » Ok. So Sai got up with Zoe in Tow.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:17 pm » So adorable
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 pm » (pf)
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 10:15 pm » (I want to see a drawing of teeny hedgehog zoe, reading a book as big as she is. It'd be adorable*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:14 pm » Zoe: *is pondering the current circumstances, because she's already grumpy anyway*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:14 pm » Sai's Bag: *And a teeny light*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 pm » Sai's Bag: *Has books brought along for Zoe*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 pm » Zoe: *in Sai's bag*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 pm » Silly details
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » Fair enough. In any event, it's a moot point
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » The rope must have had a location.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » He was carrying a rope.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » That's a plan for next time. Ah well, no harm in playing it safe
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » Doesn't Sai have pockets/a bag of some sort?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » She can't really ride on his back easily, although I guess a backpack would have been a good idea
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm » I know, but carrying her might have proven difficult given how you need all four limbs to easily climb rope
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:11 pm » ok, that gets Sai up the rope. and Zoe's weight like that was negligible. ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:11 pm » 2,10,3,4,7, 5,6 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm » Here's my roll.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm » That ought to circumvent any penalty for carrying Zoe.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm » Sai will be spending 2 motes of personal to give himself one success thanks to Strength Excellency 2.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm » Alright, the guard makes it up the rope just fine. Sai, make a str + athletics roll
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm » Kate: *wishing she could find Zoe's character sheet to mark off the essence*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 pm » Zoe: *also wishing that people would understand the concept of 'the person climbing first should carry the negligable weight that is another person'*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 pm » Zoe: *wishing that other people were able to understand the concept of 'maybe we should hurry'*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm » right, the guard checks over the wall, seeing the other guard who quietly calls up a passphrase. You're in the clear for the moment. let's see... rolling the city guard's climb
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm » Sai: ... What I wouldst' give for Peri's wisdom, headstrong girl! *Reaching down and picking up the hedgehog, following the guard up with Zoe in hand*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm » Grang: *totally not a threat* Five successes
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm » Zoe: *hedgehogs cannot talk*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm » Sai: *ears droop* What are you doing, Zoe.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » *city guard, not wall guard*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » roll charisma + presence please grang
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » Zoe: *going to try to grab the guard's foot*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » Grang: *being very soothing and non-threatening*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » Grang: If you want, take a quick look over the wall... there's one of your guards down there...
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm » Zoe: That is incorrect. *shoves the wall guard at the rope, turning into a hedgehog*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 pm » Grang: *raises arms* I'm here as a friend. We got caught out of the city by the siege, and need to get back in.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 pm » Sai: I'll be the last one up. Zoe, you next.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 pm » Alright. Sai is keeping watch at the base.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 pm » Wall guard: ?! *pulling sword loose from sheath and raising a whistle to his mouth*
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm » Grang: Alright. Give me the rope, then. *walks up to the wall, and then uses Forgotten Earth to jump up it in a single bound*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm » Sai: Right! *Moves forward with the rope*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 10:01 pm » Zoe: Now would be a good time.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 10:01 pm » ok, Wally doesn't spot any guards nearby and Zoe's pretty sure they should be safe for about 5 minutes at least.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 pm » Zoe: *thinks about where the patrols are* *5 successes*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:57 pm » Wally rolled for spotting people, not int+war.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm » Er, nevermind. Wally got it
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm » Also, activating the charm "Prior Warning"
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm » Ok, Sai's got the int + war.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm » On spotting people
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm » Three successes
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:55 pm » Determining if the spot's good for a hole in the patrols would be an int + war, just looking around for enemies would be a perception + awareness roll
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:55 pm » Zoe: At least until the rope is in place.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:53 pm » Zoe: Is this spot sufficiently out of the way, and can we post watches for patrols?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm » Grang: Or shoot them. But yes.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai: Alright. So climbing might be the best plan we've got. If we encounter anyone, I can just chase them off.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:51 pm » heh, yeah, he's got plenty of rope
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:51 pm » PRobably in the camping supplies
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:51 pm » Or that works. :3
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:51 pm » Fair enough ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm » ...well, Sai likely has rope.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm » 10,9,1 (3 successes)
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm » ...sure. *curious to try*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm » Ok. I'lll take a luck roll
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm » back. as for resources, well I can allow a basic luck roll to see if anyone has it on them. irolling using essence as the stat ))
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm » ...*has a weird thought of the two lunars with flying forms carrying a grumpy Hedgehog up the wall by gripping it with their talons*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm » So Sai is equipment less except the camping gear we had before and his clothing and weapon, I guess
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm » Grang: So I figured rope would make it easier
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm » Hm. I never picked any of Sai's equipment except his weapon and his resources score. That'll teach me to be unprepared.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm » Grang: I mean, I can just jump the wall, but I'm not sure about doing it with anybody on my back...
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm » Zoe: Can we refer to the earlier question about the existance of rope?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm » Alright. Good point.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm » No, I mean I think you are overestimating the danger. I am talking OOC because I do not know how many raiders are at each door, but we saw a bunch of mortal guards were able to hold off a chunk of these guys, so even with artifact weapons I think that saying 'well if there are more than 2 we're screwed' is needlessly limiting our options.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:44 pm » Grang: They'll be concentrated at the entrances, not patrolling for people climbing walls... After all, they're not trying to prevent people from getting in, persay, so much as large shipments of food and water
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:44 pm » Good. Be skeptical. It's better to be skeptical and living than die.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » I am skeptical, Z.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » Sai: Hm. Good insight.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » (also, depending on time of day and distance between doors, they might not see us climbing)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » ...that's... not a bad point.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » With Artifact weapons, Claire, anything more than 2 is "a few too many". They're an unknown.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm » Grang: Not if we don't do it at the gate. They've only got a small group at each gate, so they're not going to have men every five feet around the entire city wall
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:42 pm » ...wait, how many raiders is 'a few'?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:42 pm » Sai: And it's of the utmost importance that we get in there. Both of our missions are dire. And on a lesser note, there is a man in my employ in there and I would rather hear what he has to say, and rather he not be caught in a warzone if we could dissuade it.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:42 pm » Zoe: If we are going to be straightforward, we could simply attack one of the smaller groups of raiders guarding one of the lesser enterences while Sai flies over the wall and gives the passcode, enabling the door to be opened for us.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 pm » Sai: ...Grang, they would see us climbing.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 pm » Grang: Well, that's one idea. *eyeballs the wall* Or, we could not let them know we're entering... anybody got any rope?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 pm » Sai: Creating an opening. The three of you can enter through that opening as long as the guard lives, if he is correct. I can fly. I can catch up later.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:40 pm » Sai: Listen, both of ye. I have a... trick, I've learned. To instill terror into the hearts of people around me. When we last met these raiders, they didn't quite seem very... staunch. I think if something sufficiently terrifying were to charge into them, t'would be enough to get them to temporarily scatter.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:40 pm » Zoe: *is extra-grumpy today*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm » brb))
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm » Zoe: *does not appreciate huddles*
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm » (have Sai tell it IC)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm » Sai is going to pull Grang and Zoe away for a quick huddle.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm » Ok. I have a plan, but I'd like to hear other people's ideas. Here's mine
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:38 pm » Zoe: Is this a plan you heard about in a fictionalized war account?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:37 pm » about 20feet
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:37 pm » Sai: No, actually. They will part and allow entry.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm » Zoe: Does it involve opening the city gates to the seige force?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm » How tall are the walls?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm » Sai: ... then I have a plan.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm » Guard: Yeah, probably. Just give them the pass phrase. (takes you all about an hour to circle the whole town)
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 pm » How long does it take to walk in a circle around the city?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai: Noble Guard. If we could get you to the city gates, would you be able to get them open to let us in?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm » Sai: ...Hm.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:33 pm » Grang: Oh, of course. But it makes sense to question at least the one we can. No offense, sir.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:33 pm » sadly, all the entrances have at least a small force of raiders nearby.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm » Zoe: A secondary point is that not every city guard would be guaranteed to know about a secret enterence, and a combination of knowledge of the geographic layout of the city and basic architecture may provide preliminary insight, should there be one. But the first point still stands.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm » alright, so circling the city looking for an opening...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm » Ok. I think Sai would follow Zoe. Seeing if there's still an open way, or at least which entrance has less people at it, would probably be best
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm » Grang: ...We can do both you know. And thanks. Well, I suppose we should see if the other directions are open...
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm » City Guard: Ah, no sir. Just the gates at the cardinal directions.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm » Zoe: Can I recommend that we determine whether there is a nonsecret way into the city that is still open prior to spending time discussing secret enterences? *walking quickly toward the city, with the intent to circle it*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Sai: ...Good thought, Grang
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Thank you, Demo
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Thanks, Demo. :3
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Gotcha.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Ok.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » Grang: *while walking, turns to the city guard* I don't suppose you know of a secret way into the city or anything like that?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » You all have returned from the mpty city, heading back towards the town of Denandsor. In front of the city's main gates is the enemy force, and they seem to be in the process of surrounding and laying seige to the city. nothing overtly attacking yet, just surrounding the city. You have one guard from the town who'd escorted you to the empty city and back.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm » *had kiiiind of a long day, and thus is working on thinking*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:28 pm » *Is Thinking*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » sorry claire, let me try again ^.^;;; )
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » I logged it))
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » *still trying to determine exactly what is going on*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » you'd have to check around the city as far as determining the seige completeness
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » ...hm. Ok. New plan.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » It's not really the most effective solution.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » ((Hey, did anybody log the Solar session?))
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm » That would leave 75% of the current party behind.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm » Does she?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm » ...wait, Zoe doesn't have a flying form
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm » Hm... well, we COULD try flying. Some of us. But that would mean leaving Grang behind, and I'm not sure how vital it is we get into the city.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm » True, but if it is, we'll need to hurry
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 pm » I thought 'around' might be a viable solution. I'm not sure how complete the seige is, yet.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm » he was just there to escort you all to the empty city
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm » there is a city guard with you, he's not the one in charge though ^.^;
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm » We can't get back to town
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm » Unless we can figure a way past the siege, yes
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm » Is that what is going on?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm » ....there's a city guard right next to us, isn't there? He just spoke to us?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm » Grang: *loosening his bow* Well... I don't suppose asking nicely will work...
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm » Wait, so can we not get back into town?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm » It's okay
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm » sorry about not being clear ^.^; ))
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm » Zoe: *hmph*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm » kind of hard for him to do that. I guess I needed to be more clear. the army is between you and the town of Denandsor. you all jsut came from the empty city, which is a few miles away
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm » Grang: *chuckles* <Darn Fate.>
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:22 pm » Hm... ok, Sai is going to ask the city guard who is in charge of managing the City's Security.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:22 pm » Zoe: <I do not believe I can yet blame you for Fate, so no.>
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm » Grang: <Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything in particular.>
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm » City Guard: Well, we'll have to fight them off I guess.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 pm » Sai: ...we need to find out what is in that book. And we need to find out what those raiders are after.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm » Zoe: <Circumstances are more annoying than usual.>
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm » Grang: It would seem so.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm » Grang: <...You seem more annoyed than usual.>
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm » Zoe: I had noticed.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm » Sai: ... They wilst not leave this place be, will they?
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm » City Guard:*the one that went with you all* oh... they move fast.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:16 pm » Zoe: Good luck with that.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 pm » Grang: *sighs* Well, at least I know who I'm supposed to be fighting against
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:14 pm » Zoe: *arg*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:14 pm » ok, on your way back towards the town you all see the artifact raiders moving their camp closer to the town, setting up along the main road to the town, obviously setting up for a seige.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm » Grang'll go back with them
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm » (Kyra's staying behind to search for additional research notes, which works out well here)
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm » Zoe: *is also ignoring Grang*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm » alright, when we left off with the lunar group they had finished gathering several copies of the book the matron had been reading before going into a coma and were heading back towards town
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 pm » Grang: *waves*
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 pm » ah, righto
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 9:08 pm » Sorry— I'm about to have dinner. I'll be back shortly.
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm » Zoe: *is present*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm » SaiWolfOOC: Rrrfff.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm » (Have fun, guys!*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm » To be fair, I figure she would know Peri has a godo reason to do something that insane, and would just headlock him.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm » back. and we'll see next week folks :D next up is the lunar group.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 pm » Ti: I don't have to read the leaves to see me doing a lot of bandaging in the future.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 pm » Mostly because a very confused and angry Fist will have hammered us all into paste.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm » I;m betting that Peri winds up being whipped into a wall.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm » Yeah...that's what I'm thinking. It'll be interesting! Should've saved the WWE announcer for this battle. ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm » I'm betting it is Fist and isn't Rassilon, that Fist was tricked but not mind controlled, but by the time we all sort out who is on what side we're going to be in a huge mess.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm » Hee he hee.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:03 pm » A mind controlled Fist is not a happy thought
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 pm » I don't want to think about it, though
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 pm » It's possible
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 pm » So, who wants to bet that *is* fist, under mind control and Peris gonna get whooped.
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm » Hee hee hee hee.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 9:00 pm » Tinker, I can't believe you didn't use the 'on a mission from Sol' line during the yu shan godlings stuff. ^^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 pm » Speaking of interesting stuff, if people haven't checked it out yet, there's a new game on the iphone. Final Fantasy Tactics. I highly recommend it
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 pm » Interesting.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:58 pm » Me and Demo did have an idea like that... It involved Sidreals doing Musical style dance battle charms.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:58 pm » Hee hee heee.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm » Dang it, I want this to happen.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm » Music with Rocks In?
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm » Zoe: *a band sounds like shenanigans*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm » Put the "Super" back in "Supergroup"
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm » Seriously, I could see a group of Solars all with Artifact Instruments
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 pm » Wei: *would be the best singer*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm » *snrk*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm » Hee!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm » Er, the band part
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm » That would have been a fun idea.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm » Yep. Wei was going to wear a banana hammock.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm » Hey, weren't we planning on being a band once, to sneak into the palace at Thorns?
Wallycaine « Sat May 19, 2012 8:52 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:51 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:51 pm » Zoe: *reading and hoping she will be able to avoid shenanigans*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm » Peri: Yeaaahhhh, heads up, if someone sucsessfully impersonates my mom, we're all sunk.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm » *<3
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm » WolfSai: *Chewing on the stick* Grrrruf. <#
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm » Heehee.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm » Sai: I'll get you ye- STICK! *Changes to wolf and pounces at it*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm » ..Yes.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm » They could be a band as a front for their more supernatural activities.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm » ....on a sidenote, a Solar Exalted group who were all Musicians would be an interesting cover.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm » No, wait-she'll throw a stick to distract sai!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm » *snrk*
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm » Heh. Ti will snark from the sidelines, with popcorn.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm » After that "mission from Sol" comment
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm » anyway, taking a quick break until 10pm before the lunar group atarts. aka 13 minutes ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm » ...now I want fanart of Peri, Grang, Flim, and Hue wearing Blues Brothers Dudes while being chased by Sai, who is for some reason an ornery policeman
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm » FistOOC:*grinning* this be fun!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm » Peri: Alright, alright, so I have a weak spot here.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm » Woo Peri!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm » You save the logs and I'll chop the logs.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm » It is fun, but I'm also looking forward to getting the band back together-we are on a mission from Sol, after all.heh, thanks for a fun game, DEmo.
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:44 pm » ok, saving logs...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm » No worries here.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm » yep, they will, don't worry ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm » Quick question. The "teams" will change at some point, right? Not that I'm not having fun, but I'd sorta like it if some of the group saw other of the groups again.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm » as for xp, 4xp for everyone and +1 to peri for outing the fake Rassilon
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » ah, righto MJ.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » (I hate to wait too, Geneve!)
Mithril Jack « Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 pm » I.m actually going to a friend's "going away" party next Saturday. I may not be available.
Demothesis « Sat May 19, 2012 8:38 pm » yes., next saturday
Claire « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » We are just talking saturday, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » *available ehenever*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm » Same here.
chicgeek « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » I'll be home by 5:30.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » Any time, the earlier the better.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm » (Wehhhhhhhh I don't wanna wait till next weeeeeeeeeek... *sadface*)

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 pm » Ti: I'll dose him with a narcotic to keep him out of it un til he's a good distance from shore.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm » Hue: Ti, Fist, Peri, thank you all for not turning the Dragon Blooded into bonemeal. I appreciate it.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm » Mmm... I need to grab some headphones. One second
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm » Ti: You did? Sounds like you have a good teacher. *grins*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm » Fist: good job snapdragon. We fight for real when done beating up dragon blooded.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: *will get a burlap sack and a bribable ship captain*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm » Heeheehee. Congrats.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm » Pff.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: I DID TWO WHOLE DAMAGE! *way too proud*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm » Ti: *brofist with Hue*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm » Wooo!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm » I don't even feel silly for not knowing that about combos. I'm just happy to know it now. ^^
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm » And Wally is my hero, bringer of wisdom that he is.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm » you BOTH were awesome and Peri rocked as well
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm » I'll settle this
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm » let's see, 4xp for everyone, +1 to Ti for being badass, +1 to hue for using his words very effectively, and +1 to peri for finally landing a signifigant blow on his teacher
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm » Hue was, too!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm » /o/
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm » Chic you were AWESOME.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm » Yay!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm » Demo, this was fun.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:49 pm » ok! and that's the solar group for today. thank you all for bearing with the rocky start today.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:49 pm » Hue: ...More than is reasonable.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:49 pm » Hue: *sigh* Fine, so long as we're not putting him in harm's way.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:48 pm » Fist: Good! *punch to shut up arrogant dragon child punch!(because peri naming attacks had to come from somewhere)*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:48 pm » ((Heeheehee))
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:48 pm » PeriL No, sensei.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:47 pm » Peri: The knoking out and the long ocean trip.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:47 pm » Fist: *winds up fist* objections~?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:47 pm » Hue: Yes.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm » Ti: *gags him again* The knocking out? Yes?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm » ((Poor phrasing but oh well))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm » Hue: *eyeroll* Alright, you can put them back in. But let's not do anything too drastic here, alright? A devoted enemy he might be, but he does seem to have good intentions. In general, I mean. Creation needs as many protectors as it can find.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:44 pm » Fake!Rassilon: All you need to know is there are enough to deal with you.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:43 pm » (Back)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:43 pm » Ti: Like he'll give an honest answer? Oh, very well. *remove sgag*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:43 pm » Hue: Just a minute! Ti, please take the socks out. How many hunters are there IN Nexus, guarding or near Rassilon?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:42 pm » Fake!Rassilon: This city has eyes everywhere, if you know who to ask. You cannot leave without being seen, and wh-mph?!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:42 pm » Ti: As you wish. *gags him with his own dirty socks* NOW can we knock him out?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:41 pm » Hue: ...Riiiiight. Because it is so very difficult to get out of Nexus.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:41 pm » Peri: ... Can we gag him? His 'THIS WAS TOTALY THE PLAN' thing is bothering me.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:40 pm » Fake!Rassilon: It lasted long enough. You are here in the city, and everyone knows it now. We may not be able to hunt you within the walls of Nexus, but the moment you leave, we shall be upon you.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 pm » Peri: Somewhere far out towards th; water pole.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm » Peri: I vote we tight him up and put him on a ship headed a few oceans away.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm » Hue: I do have a few more questions. What were you planning to do, exactly? You can't have believed this ruse would last for long.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm » Ti: *lifts an eyebrow* Now, knocking you out, so you can't immediately give the alarm, that is the practical thing to do.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:36 pm » Hue: We are not disposing of anyone.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:36 pm » Ti: Well...do younahve anything else to ask him?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:36 pm » Fake!Rassilon: Truth is not "belief" it simply is. *glaring around* so what now anathma? I have given you the information you requested. I suppose now you will "dispose" of me.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:35 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm » Peri: Of course he does. *shrugs* Its what he was taught. I was raised by a politiian and a warrior, and even I had trouble.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:33 pm » Hue: *looks tired and resigned, but more than a little sad*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:32 pm » Hue: *sigh* You honestly believe you're doing the right thing, don't you?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm » Fake!Rassilon: Little wonder a demon found it's way to your heart. The hunters are there, as well as Rassilon, he is the only captive at the moment. (magical disguise, no makeup, but he seems to look perfectly like Rassilon, and sound exactly like him too)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm » (is he disguised as Rass, like makeup? Or, charm/magical disguised?)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm » Ti: And, how many captives?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm » Ti: That's where the hunters are. And their captives?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm » Peri: It also says the judging of anathemia falls to no one man, but I found the scripture pretty pendantic even when I was a kid.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm » Hue: *wince*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm » (Thanks! But we did it together!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm » (But man, Ti really carried the scene here!)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm » Fake!Rassilon: Yes, well if you must debate the scripture, it also says all tools must be brought to bear in the hunting of anathma. Do not pretend to care about the words of scripture when you have strayed so far anathma. My fellow hunters are in the dock area the Five Dragon's hotel, where all immaculates stay.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:25 pm » (Fist is the best, yes.)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:25 pm » (Ti is having entirely too much fun playing bad cop, which is slightly worrying. ^^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:24 pm » Peri: (sigh* Just remember that its on the mercy of him that theres no wrath of heaven going on here.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:24 pm » (Fist is awesome. And this is a fun group.)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm » (I love this group XD Fist is such a bad influence)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm » Hue: NO.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm » Ti: If he doesn't hurry up, can Fist and I discuss anatomy some more? (hopeful)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:22 pm » Peri: *smiles dreamily* I remember how the monks used to say... that people who attack the family call the wrath od the heavens against them....*glances down* Dont remind her you've been annoying her with a shitty rassilon impersonation.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:22 pm » Hue: And where's that?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm » Fake!Rassilon: ow! sunnova... *grumbles* The real Rassilon's with the others from the wyld hunt last time I saw, which was right before Fist "rescued" me a week ago.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 6:20 pm » (Jane: [knows where all of your nerve points are. And can use them against you. While cuddling, if need be. :twisted:])
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:20 pm » (snerk)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm » Peri: May I have a turn? *leaning over the impostor* Because I dont LIKE people who try to use my devotion to my family AGAINST me. It' a dragon blooded virtue.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm » Fist: ... Fist likes this doctor. *grins and kicks again*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm » TiOOC: That explains so much...
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm » (she subsribes to the Jane version of interrogation. "I wanted an ear")
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm » Ti: Fist, aim a couple incjhes lower and to the left-you'll hit a nice nerve cluster then.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm » *snerk* Fist is best at negotiation
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm » Fist: pah, you no fun. *pouts at the fake!Rassilon and kicks a leg lightly*
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm » Peri: I learned everything I know about Diplomacy from Sensei.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm » Hue: There, see, reasonable.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm » Ti: *grins* Good. Where's the Real Rassilon?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm » (Peri is not glowwy)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm » Fake!Rassilon:*is a bit pale.* ok, look, you promise me not to let the crazy lady have my legs and we can talk reasonably.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm » Hue: I would REALLY rather you didn't.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm » Fist:*waves hand dismissively* is fighting technique. and can avoid major organs, just want to teach lesson, discuss fooling others. *kneeling by fake!Rassilon, examining him closely with her manic grin* could just break arms and legs. *pokes one softly*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm » (is Peri Glowy at all? Caste mark?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm » Peri: *to Hue* No, no, that good. Sensei think easy scared peope haven;t lived enough.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm » Ti: Does not let go of Hotfoot, doesn'nt want him escaping now*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm » Hue: Nothing surprises me anymore, sorry. I am curious though.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm » Ti: I see you've been eating your vegetables.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm » Peri: *catching up behind her, nose streaming with blood, looking more muscular then usual* Good new is: It sensei. Bad news: Sensei doesnt like being fooled.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm » Hue: *looks up* Alright... again I'm going to ask that we avoid doing serious harm to the prone prisoner.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm » Ti: *looks up* We need him really able to 'talk', Fist. And, Welcome back? What happened , you get a late growth spurt?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm » Fist:*is scary giant deathmachine mortal*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm » *note: fist was already about 7-8 feet tall*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:11 pm » Fist: next? Next fist "talk" with fake~ *currently towering an extra foot taller than before, fists dripping blood and grinning like a maniac*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:11 pm » at about that moment, a pair of figures arrive.(and you could improvise if you like)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 pm » (Um..I've never said that she does, so probab ly n ot. But if he's knocked out we could use his socks or belt or something?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 pm » TiOOC: Rope? We don't need no stinking rope.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:09 pm » Hue: Ti, do you have any rope?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:08 pm » fake!Rassilon: hrmph, so, if we do wrap this up what happens next?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm » ok, he has a mdv of 5 usually, but he's at -1 from all the "ack slam into the ground" so mdv of 4 here/
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm » Eep
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm » HueOOC: *facepalm*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm » TiOOC: Does this mean we have to turn in our cop badges?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm » back, internet hiccup) anyway, 5 successes total, let's see...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:04 pm » Reeeeaaaally not Hue's day.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm » Doesn't hurt to ask.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm » Fair enough.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm » Ah well. =(
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm » (also, I think you can't have those two in a combo...)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:02 pm » (You'd need to have a combo already used if you used first excellency
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 6:02 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:02 pm » 4,6,3,5,7, 1,4,9,3,3, 2,7 (3 successes) Well that's... sad. Do I need a combo already declared to use Third Presence? Is that something I can do or no?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 6:01 pm » Go Hue!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 pm » Using First Presence, 5 motes.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 pm » niiicw
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm » Heeheehee.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm » Hue: We don't want to hurt you, or anyone else. We just want our friend out of harm's way, that's all.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm » yeppers ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm » Yeah. One sec.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm » 5,6,8,7,4 (2 successes) I assume we're both rolling? Coordinating?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm » Hue: Thank you. So, yes, not an ideal situation for any of us, but you're the one who is outnumbered two to one and pinned to the ground in a back alley, so I personally prefer our position.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:57 pm » Good cop, bad cop!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:57 pm » Ti: *is ready to put a chokehold on him if needed*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:57 pm » so, are you all trying to convince him to give up? if so roll charisma + presence
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:56 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 pm » Ti: Bah! As if he has anything to say. *grudgingly* Oh very well.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 pm » Hue: Well, it's not an ideal situation for either of- Ti. Ti, please don't choke him. I am trying to talk to the man.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 pm » Ti: *glowers at him* Fancy talk from someone pinned to the ground.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:53 pm » fake!Rassilon: Yes you are. and the moment you try anything more I'll get loose, if not before then. So, we're at something of an impasse are we not?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:50 pm » Hue: Or are you just replying to me out of courtesy?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:50 pm » Hue: Hmm. And yet we are managing, aren't we?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:49 pm » brb, one sec ^.^ ))
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:49 pm » Ti: Grr...
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 pm » (Yeah, Ti's mark is glowing too.)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 pm » fake!Rassilon: oh? is she really? because that's not what I was getting. You two are barely able to hold me here.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 pm » (..Damn. I didn't resist. Oh, well.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 pm » (Note: Hue's caste mark is shiny and unmissable but he's not full-body glowing)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm » (and Demo? Thank you for resisting the urge to have him say, 'Flame on!')
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm » Hue: ...Well, she's dangerous anyway. But I help.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm » Hue: You are currently being pinned by two very angry, very dangerous people.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm » Ti: *glares at HotFoot*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm » Hue: Listen. Whoever you are.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm » Ti: *nods to Hue*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm » coolies. and wally is indeed correct
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm » But yes, talking could work too
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » You have control of the grapple, so you can try and choke him out type thing...
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » Yup.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » Seems like now might be a good time to talk.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » Okay...*thinking*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » Ooo, point.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm » *maintaining the grapple
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm » he could, but then he can't assist the grapple
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm » That works.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm » Hue could smack him with the stick if we're still trying to knock him out.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:43 pm » ok, so 4 successes against his 3, you've got him for the moment. now what?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 pm » 7 (1 success)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:41 pm » ok, according to the book, it'd just be you adding a singe die to Chic's roll. so chic, feel free to roll an extra die ^.^
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:39 pm » let me check
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm » Or is that successes after rolling?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm » Half rounded up?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:36 pm » he may
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 pm » Can Hue assist?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 pm » 10,9,1 (3 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 pm » rolling str. 'Stay DOWN, curse you!'
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm » so roll dex/str + martial arts to keep him down
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm » And he'll see my caste mark shining-not that there was any doubt what I was.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:33 pm » yeah, not enough sadly. he's flurrying again, to break loose and get to his feet.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm » 9,1,6,4,5 (1 success) Hee. Oh, well!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm » (brb relocating)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm » Dex + medicine, coming up.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm » Whee!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm » (Glee!)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm » ok, that's good enough to apply medicine instead of martial arts
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 pm » (Okay, not much of a stunt-one dice?)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm » Ti grits her teeth in frustration-he's slippier than an eel! 'Enough of this!' , is heard in a harsh whisper. rememebrin g her lessons, she aims for the frontal lobe, hearing the voice of her mentor as she strikes. 'Only idiots hit a man on the back of the head, little one. If you need to knock someone out and actually care abnout if you're inflicting brain damage, strike here.' Her pent up frustration fuels her blow. Now, maybe now, this can end!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 5:26 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:26 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:25 pm » Since you are being so generous, I shall. one momemt.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:25 pm » Doooo iiiiiiit!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:25 pm » Oooh....
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:24 pm » well, if you want to stunt it...
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:24 pm » Now, with my medical skills, I should know where to hit? Heh, okay. No martial arts, rolling dex.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:23 pm » DuskOOC: *offers Ti a skillet*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:23 pm » ok, roll dex + martial arts to see if you can hit him accurately to one hit ko him
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm » HueOOC: Clearly while I was working on another book, you were taking dots in badass.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm » Ti: 'Enough of this!" She attempts to wham the back of his head and kock him out.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm » nice!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm » Hue: Well. Nicely done.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:21 pm » Hue: *blink blink* *had been in the middle of trying to scrabble up again*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:21 pm » TiOOC* cue Mexican hat dance*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 pm » ok, so 4 successes, and he got 2 successes, so Ti hits. sending the two of them flying off the roof and landing on top of the dragon blooded. They land a few feet away from Hue, the dragon slamming into the ground with a sharp curse.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 pm » *fingers crossed*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 pm » Hee! It was still worth it, to learn that. Wally, I owe you cookies.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm » 5,1,7,6,9, 9,5,2,8,4 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm » adding 5 for ist exceleency. which means I've spent all of my personal, and 2 of my periph. essence., so shiny.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:17 pm » Thank you, rerolling.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 5:17 pm » *nod*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:17 pm » Hot Damn.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm » So, you can cast a combo, and in subsequent rounds, you can cast other charms, too? Even with the combo still in effect?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm » Yay!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm » he's right. feel free to add it now if you like since you didn't know
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm » I never knew that.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm » ...really?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm » (You're still under their effects, but since you're not reusing them every round, you're free to use other charms)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:14 pm » 1,10,2,4,8 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:14 pm » (Actually, your combo was only during the turn you used all those charms)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:13 pm » Pity I can't use my athletics excellency, since I'm using my combo right now. ^^ Rolling. Hee, I should have declared a stunt.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:13 pm » ok, roll dex + athletics to see how well you aim. ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm » YES.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm » Heh, only if it works, Zobot.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm » ... Chic, that is an awesome idea
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm » I will jump, and aim to land right on the little pest .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:11 pm » so, jumping or running chic? and if jumping, where are you aiming the jump?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:08 pm » Aww, thanks
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:08 pm » He is.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm » (Wally is awesome)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm » (I feel like yakkiity sax should be playi9ng)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 pm » (It's awesome to have Wally with his knowledge of the rules to keep things straight)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 pm » ok, well you can jump if you like then ^.^ if you aim right Hue may see something different. :P
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 pm » (Okay, Wally just let me know that I have to be in contact with a surface if upside down or sideways, to keep from losing Spiderfoot-so it looks likeI can jump from roof to roof without losing my combo)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 pm » (Aww)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 pm » (hey, if it's embarassing, maybe he'll stop to gloat! Siler lining and all)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 pm » ok, Hue, sadly falls before he reaches the roof, seeing the dragon blooded hop down from the building behind him and start running again, trailing little flames and Ti close behind.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:02 pm » *hopes this is just embarrassing as opposed to fatal*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:01 pm » This is not his day.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 5:01 pm » 1,6,2,3,3 (botch x 1)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:59 pm » dex + athletics beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:59 pm » What would be the roll for it?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 pm » Hmm...I think I have to keep in contact wiyth na surface, so Ti will run down and up.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm » No, nothing to run accross, you'd have to jump or run back down and up, though jumping is faster. and hue can try.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:56 pm » Can Hue try to climb up to the other side of the roof and head him off?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:56 pm » Can Ti run to his roof? Anything I can run across? Otherwise, I'll run down one wall and up another to get to him.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 4:55 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm » Hue: *stares up* Well, !@#$.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm » and yes, this does slow things enough for Hue, though he's on the ground and you two are on the roof's
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm » right, well he's on a building accross the street. jumping the gap?\
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm » (Does all this slow him down enough for Hue to catch up?)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm » Ti: *keeps chasing*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm » 2 successes, that's enough for a messy jump to the next roof. and he's using effortlessly rising star manuever again to get back to his feet after the jump.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm » since it's a flurry, he's rolling 4 dice to trying to get a good push off the wall to land on an adjacent building's roof.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm » Does he fall?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm » yep. he manages to get loose, now, to see if he manages to do anything with it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm » =(
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm » I do belive he gets away. 6,4,7 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:47 pm » Rolling str. (The one dot extra for strong back is only applied to how much I can lift and carry, so doesn't apply here)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:45 pm » Smart move. Who knows where he was leading you...
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:44 pm » heh, alright, roll dex/str + martial arts to see if you can hold onto him. he's trying to flurry getting loose and jumping off the wall under Ti's feet
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:44 pm » Ti will attempt to head back the way she came.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm » Ooo, burn.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm » Ti: Heh, look at you. Do you do birthday parties, too? That's a great trick for toasting marshmallows.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm » right, that's enough to grab him since he's not exactly in control of the return to his feet, so you've managed to grab him and are dragging him up a wall. though he seems barely phased by the height and is trying to get loose
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm » In the meantime, Hue is in the middle of the street, helping nobody, with a big shiny gold circle on his forehead.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm » (Meanwhile Peri is... being... diplomatic.)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 pm » (Ti will keep in motion, she doesn't want to give up the advantage her charms give her if she can help it)
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 pm » Heeheehee.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:38 pm » Dang, you'd think Tizzy was in control, as reckless as she's being. 8,4,1,8,6 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:38 pm » it's the same scene. for a while yet ^.^ jsut to be clear ))
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 4:38 pm » (Typically, if the DM doesn't say you're changing scenes, or a large period of time has passed, it's the same scene)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 pm » Okay!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:36 pm » right, and he's using the charm: effortlessly rising flame to return to his feet the instant he comes to a rest. So, make a dex + athletics roll to see if you can grab him as he is propelled to his feet by a short burst of flame
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm » (Hmm, well, Lightning sped at least says one scene, so it depends if this is still counting as the same scene, wally?)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm » Ti will try to grab him, while still running, and run up a wall/somewhere he'd be frightened to struggle and risk falling, if possible. I do have the merit Strong Back, for carrying things.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:32 pm » Go Ti!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:31 pm » and the fake!Rassilon botched his roll there so Ti got a short glimpse of his face as he was spun around, meaning she got to see the surprise as his legs went right out from under him, sending him tumbling down the alley way.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:30 pm » oh, nvm, yeah, she keeps her balance automatically
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm » (It depends on the duration of the charms in your combo)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm » But here's the roll. 10,1,8,8,4 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:28 pm » If it is, Graceful Crane lets me automatically succeed on an athletics roll to keep my balance. Or, does this constitute the two of use stopping and new actions?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm » Is my combo still up?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 pm » ok, roll dex + athletics to see if you can keep on your feet while trying to spin a person around while running.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:23 pm » (Okay, it just occured to me secretly following him would have been smarter-but I've said it, and I'll stick to Ti's rash action)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:21 pm » Ti will grab his shoulder, spin him around to face her, and grin. 'Is your mother calling?'
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:21 pm » so, what shall you do Ti?
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:21 pm » Go Ti!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:18 pm » When we last left off, Ti was doing better than our running friend at keeping her pace up, not to mention she can run up walls. So, while Hue steadily falls behind, Ti catches up as she and the solar make their way through the backstreets of Nexus, until Ti catches up to the dragon blooded.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 4:16 pm » (BRB. Let me know whenever it's the lunar's turn)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:15 pm » (Hi wally)\
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:15 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:14 pm » Mmmnnhm.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 pm » (is terribly sorry)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 pm » fair enough. anyway exalted
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:12 pm » It's the closest equivalent for whatever-the-hell bomango speaks...
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:11 pm » oh? old realm? that'd be odd for sure.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:11 pm » Also, Fist must have an original language for her speech to be broken... I'm going to say she was raised speacking ancient glyphs.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:10 pm » Heheheeh.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm » I noticed. And in the first one, the model for a particular sidereal if I remember correctly.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:07 pm » I am showing them the model for Fist.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 4:07 pm » ok. back.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 4:04 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:04 pm » Oh, wait. This ones better. http://VanHeist.deviantart.com/art/nati ... 49863&qo=4
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 4:03 pm » If you can, you should!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 4:02 pm » I have never read these books. =o
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:02 pm » Most recent drawing of said character here. http://VanHeist.deviantart.com/art/You- ... -301965699
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 4:00 pm » What, then, Fists original language might have been, we may never know.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 3:59 pm » Its worth noting that his sensei is specificaly modeled after a character Demo and I are super fond of, who speaks in a broken english.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 3:58 pm » Heya.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:57 pm » Hi, Tinker. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 3:57 pm » He has context-sensitive dialect.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 3:57 pm » Peri swearing depends on the situation.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 3:57 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm » Now you've got me getting it out of the library... again.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm » It was, it was. I loove that series. If I was rich I'd by multiple copies of all three for all my friends.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:55 pm » Wasn't quite as awesome as Bridge of Birds, but it was still EXCELLENT.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:55 pm » Oh man, that was a good book!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 pm » Why do I imagine Peri swaering like a sailor?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 pm » ((Secretly Hue is really bad at yo mama insults))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:51 pm » HueOOC: Your mother is a wonderful, intelligent lady and you should take it extremely personally when she's disappointed in you!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 3:49 pm » ooo
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm » ...Sorry, book reference.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm » Peri is fighting Fist, I'm chasing fake-rass, Hue is chasing me-jane, remember the Eight Skilled Gentlemen and the puppet show. hayseed Hong? Where everyone is chasing everyone?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 pm » ...Mind, this is a good way to ensure I get punched in the face later.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 pm » "And I woulda got away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling Solars!"
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 pm » TiOOC: *high fives Hue*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 pm » Yaaaaay Hue's taunting actually works for once!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:44 pm » Hee, we're scoobying. This could end up interesting.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:44 pm » Okay!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm » ok, brb. I've been drafted into getting somethng from the store. luckily it's right around the corner so won't take too long))
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:42 pm » (nice)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:42 pm » (Go Hue!)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:42 pm » ok, that was an impressive jibe apparently. The fake obviously slows in his stride, his body language speaking of wanting to turn back and shut you up.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:40 pm » 6,8,5,7,2 (2 successes) for stamina. =(
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 pm » (I have GOT to put more in Athletics though.)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 pm » (Yay Hue!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm » 9,9,4,2,2, 9,5,9,6,9, 4,7 (6 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm » Ooo. Using 1st Presence then, spending... 5 motes. (Hopefully that is not a dumb thing to do.)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:37 pm » 6,10,5,7,3, 10 (5 successes) stamina athletics-athletics and resistance are both 3, so doesn;t matter.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm » And, Ti can run over obstacles and across, well, anytyhing, to keep in a beeline after him-she's not limited to street/sidewalk like he is, even if she's slower.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm » As the man pulls away at first with an impressive burst of speed you all can see little footprints of flame left in his wake, making tracking him easy, even if keeping up isn't so easy.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:34 pm » ok, so he's got speed on you both. but we'll roll stamina + resistance or athletics to see how long he can keep it up. also: Hue! Roll charisma/manipulation + presence to see if your jibe got him
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:33 pm » Hue: Oh, look how water runs! Is it afraid the sun will dry it up? A great river needn't fear such a fate, but perhaps he is only a little trickle!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:33 pm » bah. Ti will run up a wall, run over the heads of the crowd like stepping stones, zip back up walls or poles to run along rooftops, and possibly across a chlothesline to try and keep him in sight.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:32 pm » My dex is 2+6 yards is 8, plus my athletics in yards makes it 9.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm » ok, so let's compare movement speeds to see how well you keep up: dash is Dex+6 yards per tick. he's currently got a dash of 20yards per tick.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm » (And Ti's athletics score is 3, for the Lightning Speed)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm » Unless taunting him is a valid strategy.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm » (back)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 pm » ...I got nothing.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:27 pm » (Leading to stunts like the ol' running-on-water incident.)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:27 pm » sorry,, brb
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:27 pm » (G.C. can balance on anything as wide as a human hair, automatically succed on ny valid athletics action to keep my balance, can move and dash on any surface, evenvertoical or upside down, as long as I am moving or dashing ecvery tick)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm » 224
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:25 pm » what page is lightning speed on?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:24 pm » p. 244, 222, 225.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:23 pm » Well, I'm using my 'feets, don't fail me now!' combo. Lightning Speed, Graceful Crane Stance, and Spiderfoot.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:22 pm » ok, she can, though he's activating his own charm: bellows-pumping stride.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:21 pm » Can Ti activate a charm? A combo, specifically.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:21 pm » Hue: *runs after!*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:20 pm » Ti: *swearing* Come on, Hue!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:20 pm » sadly not enough. so, he manages to avoid Ti's grasp, seeming to almost flow through her hands before running.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:20 pm » Huzzah!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:19 pm » 7 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm » *blows on dice*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm » you may if you like
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm » may I reroll? Not that it'll matter. ^^
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » * ^.^;
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » I wasn't sure if you didn't have like str 5 or something ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » Ah, I see.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » >< Minus 3 dice.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » remember, he activated a charm: Flowing water defense. a dragon blooded martial arts charm that takes 3 dice from all attacks on him. though he can't reduce it to zero I blieve, so you can still roll a die.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm » Well, you said str or dex, plus martial arts, and I have no martial arts.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:16 pm » er, not quite chic.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:16 pm » I have a three str, so I roll 3 dice. Whee!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:15 pm » oh, it's str or Dex + martial arts, so if you have a higher str, that works
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:15 pm » Melee, yes, martial arts, no. Just roll my 2 dex?
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:15 pm » I have no martial arts. Bah.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm » dex + martial arts.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:13 pm » How do I roll a grapple check?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:13 pm » ok, you've beaten him to the punch, so now the hard part, making him stay in one place. you'll need to roll a grapple check to get ahold of him. and he's activating his charm: Flowing Water defense, which takes 3 dice from any attacks on him for the next 3 actions.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:13 pm » Hue: *tripped over the chair and fell on his face or something*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm » Woo!
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm » Ti: *hanging on like grim death (perhaps?)*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 pm » 9,2,10,3,6, 10,10,6,5,10 (9 successes)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 pm » Spending 5 motes for 5 extra dice
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm » it's attribute + ability motes max ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm » Wait, attribute+ ability max for that, just looked it up.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » Still. ><
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » Whew.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » Oh no wait. No 1.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » botch ><
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » 2,4,3,4,5 (failure)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm » And I have forgotten-how many motes can I spend? Sorry!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:08 pm » kk, go for it
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:08 pm » Ti would like to use her 1st excel. in athletics for this.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm » ok, when Peri yelled to grab the imposter, he immediately tried to make a break for it. I'd like Hue and Ti to make Dex + athletics rolls to see if they managed to get to him before he manged to start his running.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm » Chromia: P33p. *Takes the bag and puts it over hearself... she IS a random number generator*
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:06 pm » Penny: *hands Teal and Chromia the traditional Crown Royal bags for their dice)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm » (Similar issue here Chic- I still don't have my Essence pools updated and I'm trying to scribble them in now. ^^;)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm » (every week I say I'm going to redo my character sheet/notes to make them legible before next game session, and every week I forget. ^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm » Heh
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 pm » it's fine ^.^ one moment while I organize my thoughts/notes
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 pm » Okay, let's do this!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 pm » Sorry.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 pm » Ah. I guess "chasing down" implies more running after someone to me. ^^;
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 pm » Okay, just tell us what to do.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:01 pm » We both lunged at him when Peri said to.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:01 pm » that's what we're doing beard. seeing if you caught/catch him
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 3:01 pm » Wait, we don't get a chance to see if we caught him?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 3:01 pm » ok
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 pm » ok. what we're going to do is as follows: Chic and Beard are going to do their bit chasing down fake!Rassilon now, then Peri and fake?Fist fight or whatever happens there. Then it will likely be 8pm or so and the lunar group will go. and next week we go back to one group at a time, because it's obvious I can't juggle both group's schedules and still give both groups the attention they deserve.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 pm » (My folks know that I have 'my game' in the evenings, so that block of time is reserved.)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:59 pm » ?
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:59 pm » (Sorry, I guess my schedule is more flexible than yours, so I can move stuff around with respect to Exalted time)
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 2:58 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm » (Additionally, sometimes I go somewhere with my family, and I can't beg off of that.)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm » (Claire, it's not when I wake up— it's whether I'm going to the farmer's market or doing stuff that otherwise involves getting some sunlight while there's still sunlight.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm » Allo allo.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm » I think Jane was just pointing out that this is outside her regular sleep schedule
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm » (I woke up 2 hours ago and I was still here on time...)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm » I've got nothing to hide from the rest of the group, so we can do it here
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm » As long as people are here, though, Demo, would you mind if I did stuff that's largely just between Sai and the DM?
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm » (Usually, Z, at this time of day I'd just be waking up an hour or two ago.)
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm » My summer's doing well... ish. I broke my glasses yesterday.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm » Intriguing.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 pm » I see.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 pm » He did. I'm not always on this early. In fact, I'm not OFTEN on this early.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 pm » ...didn't Demo tell you what time we were starting?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm » don't worry jane. we've already moved along too far in moving things around. the lunar group is moved to 8pm
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm » So how is everyone's summer going?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm » Aw...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm » Also: BOO! :twisted:
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm » I can do either way. Probably. I may not be on, these earlier hours.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:51 pm » Oh yeah. Jane. Crap.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm » we can do that, but that's half the group
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm » we'd be starting without wally and Jane both
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:43 pm » Although we could start without Wally?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:42 pm » hee, maybe ^.^
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 2:41 pm » But, no MJ tonight.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm » ...given my basic pattern recognition, I think that might give the DM time to eat dinner for once.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm » It doesn't matter to me when we play, I'm finally home from work and taking over the couch.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm » Kwar
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm » right. well, I'll check with the solar group. if we did switch the earliest the lunar group would start is 8pm
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm » So if lunar group starts at 8, that works for me?
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm » I have said dinner at 7, but that's not a super-long commitment.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm » Uuuh... it might cause some problems with dinner?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:38 pm » Kwar
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm » Hey chic!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm » heya chic
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm » *waves*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm » So no
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm » My schedule today currently consists of "being on a couch trying to ignore the pain from my stomach wound*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm » ok, wally seems to be unresponsive at the moment, so a question to the lunar group: if we flipped the solar and lunar times would that completely ruin whatever schedules you all have?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm » Sarge: Bwi? *Nudging Teal to try and figure out what she is*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm » Desus: Kwar! Rolly ting! *Rolls it*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm » Teal: Peep?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 pm » Desus: Oooooo. *looking at it and showing her a D20*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:22 pm » Teal: Peep! *shows him the d10*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:21 pm » Desus: Kwar! *Waving a talon at Teal, happy tail thrashing when he sees her*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 pm » Teal: *has a d10*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm » yeah, just waiting on wally now
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm » Ok. So yeah. Exalted
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm » Claire: He bought me an ice cream cone, though!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm » Exactly
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:15 pm » Claire: Da says I'm not supposed to be visiting the negaverse right now.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:13 pm » Also, I posted in the igor moot, for people who are interested. It involves Claires.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:13 pm » Chromia: ...p33p. *Making a character sheet for her character, a super fighting robot*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:13 pm » Fun
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:12 pm » Teal: *gets to bap other minatures!*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:12 pm » She doesn't have to stand still.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:11 pm » She likes standing still for that long?
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:10 pm » She gets to be a minature when her Daddy's roommate plays DnD.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:10 pm » Michael: *Making Teal her own little Heroclix figure*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:09 pm » Heeheehee
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:08 pm » Teal: *can bap the minatures that try to fight*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:08 pm » Teal: *is pretending to be a minature*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 pm » heh, I see
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:02 pm » You might want to check under a sleeping blue Slime
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 2:02 pm » *getting DM hat*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm » kwar
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm » *is here*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 1:53 pm » zzz
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am » G'night, Sarah.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am » I will!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am » :D!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am » Jane: Have fun for me~
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am » Enjoy your party!
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am » Bye, Sarah!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 am » Any way, I've got a party to go to! Seeya, Jane!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 am » :/ I have a hunch I'll need it...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 am » Good luck in finding it...
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 am » It's a conundrum and a half. I'd've really liked to have completed it tonight.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:28 am » Hmm.
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am » And yet, she has no idea either.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am » Oh. Oh dear.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am » . . .
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am » But Mum went on a massive tidying spree, so...
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am » Right next to where I'm sitting. :(
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am » Where did you see it last?
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:15 am » Now where is that accursed pencil case...
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am » That's good to hear!
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am » Hehehe I'm pretty proud of it so far.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:13 am » :D
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:11 am » :D
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 am » Ooh! I can't wait~
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:08 am » (Still don't know where the hell my colouring pencil case got to, though...)
Sarah McLaren « Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 am » (Btw, Jane, finsihed the inking!)

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:26 pm » actually... it'd interupt the flow. I'll post it to the logs when we're done there ^.^ feel free to talk a bit
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 pm » Sai: This... should be something Zoe mayhap know about.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm » ok, and that's it for Sai and Grang. we'll move Zoe and Kyra here shortly
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm » Crap
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm » no, he's dead.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm » Grang: ...Huh.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm » Does he still live? I don't think he would, but...
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm » Grang: *shakes his head* Can't say as I have. And I don't know it well enough to know if it hunts in groups, so keep an eye out.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm » Sai: ...!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm » Speaking of which, can we identify it with any sort of lore check? Or have any better insight into it's nature?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm » Aright, the scent is easily memorized, and as for clues or unusual... as the form evaporates, it leaves behind a second body, a young man, looking drained, almost literally. All skin and bones, and more bones than skin. All the wounds Grang and Sai had infliced, obvious on it's body.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm » Sai: Hath thou ever seen such a creature before?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 pm » Grang: Thank you. I did what I could.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm » There's the color I wanted! :-)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm » Sai: My compliments, Master Grang! Your arrows struck true.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm » Sai is immediately bending down to memorize it's scent or try to remember it. As well as examining it to try and find any telltale signs of clues or anything unusual
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm » ok, that did it. the blow slams into the chimera's neck, smashing it to the ground with a fading yelp, it's form going still as it seems to evaporate.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm » Damage: 7,9,1,1,2, 7,3,1,2,5, 5,8,3 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm » so 13.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm » Minus it's 2 soak
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm » so 4L + 5 STR plus 3 for Impressions of Strength plus the spillover 3 (forgot to add my one success from Relentless Lunar fury) 15 dice
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm » Sweet. So I hit on the first one!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm » and it's DV is 5 right now
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm » Attack 2: 2,1,4,2,9, 2,8,3,2,6, 8 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm » no, pretty much everyone's cleared out by now
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm » Attack 1: 10,4,5,8,3, 5,4,1,4,10, 10,2 (7 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm » Wait, 12 and 11, I have a +1 accuracy for the spear
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm » 6 + 3 for specialty + 4 for melee... minus two, so 11 and 10!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 pm » This time since I neglected to realize my dex is a 6, so....
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 pm » Two more attacks.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 pm » Right. First, Sai is looking out at the people nearby. If there is anyone still here. WHY HATH YOU NOT RUN YET? " he bellows as he spins his spear, striking it upside the snout and then plunging it into the creature's foul maw
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 pm » *yep
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 pm » ye
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 pm » My turn?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 pm » Your turn!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 pm » Whoo
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm » We're whittling it down
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm » And woooo! -2 for wounds!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm » Aw. Oh well
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm » and Sai's turn
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » Oooh... still barely miss, though
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » Only three successes, so miss
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » it's at -2 for wounds now btw
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » Alright, and one more attack
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » yep
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm » Four Damage, going off that assumption.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 pm » Nice!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 pm » Alright, so 11 damage dice unless it's Soak changed
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 pm » yes
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 pm » Soo... two over?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm » it took a dv penalty for that and it's at -1 health
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 pm » I believe that hits, unless it doesn't take a DV penalty for the bite action?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 pm » Grang: *Second attack!* *7 Successes*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm » GrangOOC: :(
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm » Grang: *First attack!* *1 success*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm » Sai: Hah! Your fangs shalt not touch us!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm » Grang: Hmm... *fires three shots at the creature*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm » so next is Grang
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm » ok, so that attack is deflected as well
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm » Unless it specifies undodgeable or unblockable, of course
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm » Ok then. Six
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » whichever is higher, sure ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » You automatically use whichever is higher
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » Can I use that instead? Even with penalties it's a six
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » Wait. His parry is a 7
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » So it hits.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai's dodge DV is 4 due to penalties. Tis usually a five.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 pm » Ok.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 pm » 6 successes
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 pm » and now it's the chimera's turn again. it attempts to bite Sai again
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm » *bites
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm » the chimera lets out a screech of pain and rage as the spear bits deeply into it.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 pm » Weapon speed is 5, btw
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm » Sai: Fiend! Begone from this world!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm » 7,6,9,1,4, 5,2,9,5,9, 10,3 (5 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm » Er, 12 dice
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm » So ten dice
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm » 2L
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 pm » What's it's L Soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 pm » So 10 dice plus 4 L
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 pm » Plus the three presoak successes
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm » Ok. So add my strength of 5 in warform
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm » GrangOOC: *shakes fist at Chimera's -0 boxes*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 pm » alright, that second one gets through with two over
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 pm » See? No need to
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 pm » 10,8,2,10,5, 10,3,8,6 (8 successes) for attack 2, so 9 successes
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm » I want to cry, but the tears aren't there
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm » 9,1,6,5,1, 5,3,4,2,4 (1 success)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm » Similar to how pulling out your weapon is a diceless action, but gives penalties
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm » Ok, so 10 and 9
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm » No, it still counts towards the full penalty
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm » ...fine.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm » Right. So initial penalty is at -3, then -4, then minus 5
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm » Only one of those 3 actions doesn't require rolling. So the two that do would be -3, -4, wouldn't they?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » Er, he's jumping, attacking once, and then attacking a second time
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » *-3
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » Since the first action is 03
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » I think it should be -4 -5
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » Ordinarly my warform would make it 12 and 11
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » It's -3 on the first, -4 on the second
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm » Yes. It also includes my warform enhancement
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 pm » jumping down?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm » Does that include jumping down as an action?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm » So 11 dice on the first, 10 on the second, after penalties
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai is flurrying, two attacks with his spear.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm » Yes.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm » On to your actual action
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm » I'll need those fury charms, because I just spent 4 peripheral essence and 1 willpower on that action!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm » righto then.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm » Plus, in War Form my combat actions are all enhanced anyway
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm » I was just about to state that
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm » Eeeyup
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm » So for the next six actions, he gets one extra success to combat actions, and has the DV penalty of attacks reduced by one, and adds three to presoak damage
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » Essence 3.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » And your Essence?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » Which adds 3 to presoak damage
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » Rocks to Pebbles Attitude
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » Which Edge are you using on impressions?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm » Er, Secure Cat stepping
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm » Secure Scat Stepping is on page 150, I believe, and Impressions of Strength is on page 145
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm » It's for Relentless Lunar fury, page 158 in the lunar book
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm » And they last for a duration equal to Relentless Lunar Fury
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm » Relentless Lunar Fury allows me to activate any charm with the "Fury Ok" keyword at once
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:29 pm » is that a combo? or am I missing something?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm » Secure Cat Stepping and Impressions of Strength
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 pm » stacked with...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 pm » Sai is... well, I said he was leaping at it, but I'm going to be using Relentless Lunar fury this turn.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:26 pm » Ok then.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm » ok, sai's up then
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm » Sai dodges that
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm » nope.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm » That one didn't get very lucky...
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm » 3 successes
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 pm » ok, the chimera opens it's huge jaws and tries to bite down on Sai while roaring shrilly as the second arrow finds it's way to striking it's writhing body.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm » Six ticks
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm » Craaap
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm » (oh and speed of Grang's attack?)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 pm » alright, the chimera's turn.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 pm » Sweet!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 pm » GrangOOC: *fills in two of the 34 -0 health boxes this thing has*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm » Two damage
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm » At the moment :D
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm » Of course
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm » 2L, not much in the way of armor. at the moment.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 pm » let's see...
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 pm » Soak?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm » Lethal
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm » 13 raw damage
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm » Heh... excellent
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm » Go Grang!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm » ok, which means 1 over this time ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:12 pm » And don't forget the -1 onslaught penalty
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:12 pm » Attack two: *8 successes*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:12 pm » Grang: *spending 6 personal on extra successes for the second attack*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 pm » Grang: *not entirely surprised*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 9:10 pm » Ooo
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:10 pm » ok, sadly it's dodge is high enough to avoid that first attack
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:10 pm » DV?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 pm » Attack: *8 successes*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 pm » Alright, running to the edge of the roof, grang will draw a pair of arrows and fire them into the chimera. "What... is that thing?"
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 pm » yeah
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 pm » Grang's on the roof, right? Close enough to get a good shot?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm » Alright ^_^
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm » GrangOOC: ...Yes. You should beat him up for it.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm » Grang ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm » I mean, they'll both act, just up to you
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm » (JessOOC: The who? Someone's swiped my schtick?)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm » Chimera first, or Grang?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 pm » ok, that means the chimera and Grang go on tick 0 and Sai on tick 2
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:59 pm » Three successes
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm » 3,6,3,1,7 (1 success) I only got one die for join battle...
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » (it's fine, Z ^^)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » roll join battle ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » Also, sorry that this is taking so long, Claire
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » heh, so not even a moment of hesitation, righto. The instant Sai begins moving the bush explodes with movement. Some... thing, long and lithe but with enourmous bunched shoulders charges right at Sai, huge maw open as it lets out a keening wail of rage.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » ...that was not the color I wanted that to be. 0.o
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » Sai: YOU! RRRRRRAAAAAAARGH!
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm » Grang: *surprised, but will follow his lead*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 pm » (Heeeeere wolfie wolfie wolfie? ^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 pm » Ah hah hah no. Sai is going to leap at the garden bush, spear pointed down with the intent to impale, jumping at it with the intent to catch it off guard.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 pm » ok, Sai notices breathing, coming from the very same garden the couple are relaxing in, and the sound of a heart beat... no, several heartbeats all in one body, a bush looks ever so slightly mishapen and thescent is strongest from that bush. Not to mention he saw the barest flash of light off a luminescant eye in the bush. now, does Sai hide his noticing the location of the entity?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:48 pm » Oh u
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 pm » *Dons his Thief of Luck Hoodie and smirks*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 pm » 6,10,10,6,4, 10,8,6,5,10, 7,8,8,5,8, 5,2,2 (13 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm » right
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm » 18 dice
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm » so 16 dice. Plus 2 for Sai's warform bonus
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm » so Perception + Awareness (7), plus 3 for channeling conviction, plus 2 for the stunt, plus 4....
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm » kk
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm » I've already spent 4 points of personal essence. I'm not fond of dipping further in but I'll add another 4 motes to this excellency
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm » Sweet. I'm going to burn a point of willpower and channel conviction to seal the deal
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm » Always great fun
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm » Oh stunting
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm » right. and that's a good two die stunt as well
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm » And uses the Perception 1 Excellency.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 pm » Sai is closing his eyes. Any good soldier is trained to be able to focus. When you're plunged into the din of battle, with sounds and smells and yells and yelps and the spilling of blood all around you, being able to avoid distractions is as essential to your survival as a swift speararm. He closes his eyes and tries to filter out the sounds of the world around him. Tune out the cry of children at play and the sizzle of meat hitting a hot surface. Sai forces all of this out of his mind and focuses to identify any sound that is out of place. It could be anything. A scratching along cobblestone. A faint, haggard breathing. A fiend licking its lips. But he tunes out the sounds of the houses nearby, the talking of strangers socializing, and opens up his mind.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 pm » oh?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:39 pm » This calls for the big guns
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:38 pm » Ok.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:36 pm » like a wolfhound and a moose and an octopus and a leopard and a human and like the wyld.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm » Grang: *searches the rooftops* You're sure it's in the area?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm » What does the thing smell like?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:33 pm » ok, around you all is a well off neighborhood. Some larger houses with their own gardens, wide streets and narrow alleys for the servants. There is a couple that had been enjoying the night in their garden and you can hear others talking in their homes nearby. The smell of the thing is potent, but you can also smell people's dinner cooking.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm » it's obviously hiding somewhere. We need to know where we can look
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm » What do we see, smell, and hear.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm » Ok. Demo, describe the area around us for me
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm » Grang: *shrug* Perhaps, Perhaps not. I ws just thinking it may not wish to attack at a point of strength.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:28 pm » Sai: I do not believe it thinks we are not here.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:28 pm » Grang: Hiding from it's notice might be the best way to do it.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:26 pm » seeing as they've yet to panic
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:26 pm » Hm... I'm tempted to use Scent of Fear to drive people off and hope that would flush it out, but I'm not sure that would work
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:25 pm » well, there is a couple looking at Sai, a bit confused, and worried. but it seems they've seen lunars in warform before
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm » *people around? Looking at us?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm » Ok. Are there people a?round? Looking at us
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 pm » Hm. We need a way to draw it out...
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:22 pm » nope. nothing. Sai can stil smell the scent very nearby, but he's not hearing anything and it's hard to pinpoint the exact location
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 pm » Grang: I'll do my best.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 pm » Sai: Taketh thou the sky, I shall handle the earth!
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 pm » Ok. Do Sai or Grang notice anything?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm » Sai: *Ear perk*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:18 pm » Grang: *waves*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:18 pm » Sai: *Scanning the rooftops*
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 8:18 pm » Kyra: [with Zoe]
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm » Grang pretty easily notices Sai when they're close, seeing him from the rooftops.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm » Sai: *Is a large white wolf with red fur patterns intermixed with silver tattoos. Is also Bipedal and only has ragtag threadbare pants and a shirt to preserve his modesty. May be attracting SOME attention*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:15 pm » Sai: *Isn't trying to be inconspicuous.*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 pm » Grang: *will probably hook up with Sai if he sees him*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 8:13 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:13 pm » where do you want her to be? Zoe is observing the matron's work dissecting the artifact raiders that died earlier, Sai and Grang are looking for the mysterious something that's been hunting people ))
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 pm » (OK... where's Kyra in all of this?)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm » SaiOOC: ...I need a typing quirk for while I'm in warform
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm » 5,5,1,6,9, 3,10,6,5 (3 successes),
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm » heya jane
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 pm » (I'm here.)
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 pm » Grang: *continuing to look out for the monster/whatever it is*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm » ok, make another perception roll.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm » And if necessary he can get up to the rooftops REAL easy like this
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm » He's +2 on any perception checks involving scent or hearing
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm » Ok. Sai will look around and try to identify it. He's making sure to look UP as well as around.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:05 pm » Sai: I've been waiting to take on this avatar for the longest time...
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:05 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:05 pm » ok, Grang doesn't notice a thing, and Sai knows he's getting close, the scent is getting much stronger, but he doesn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 8:02 pm » ok, one moment...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm » 7,7,4,7,3, 9,5,6,10 (6 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm » And now I roll my 9 perception + awareness
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm » 1 mote to transform, and then an additional 3 motes for his gift charm, Armor Forming Method.
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm » Two successes
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:59 pm » kk
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:59 pm » Right, before I do this, I'm going to have Sai shift to warform. He gets a bonus for that
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:58 pm » Right, Sai and Gran roll perception + awareness.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:57 pm » Sai is following it.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:57 pm » Grang: *is going to go outside, and patrol the rooftops* <Good luck. Here's hoping one of us figures out what's going on.>
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm » Zoe: <I'm going to resume the research, then.>
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm » But if Sai has the scent in mortal form.... ok, he's going to try to track it down
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm » Grang: <Thanks for the info... I'll see what I can do with it.>
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm » Hm.... I'm trying to debate turning into my warform or not. It tracks easier....
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm » the streets are mostly clear, but not entirely. a few people are still outside
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm » Zoe can't figure out how to do what the matron is trying, though she's pretty sure the artifacts all run on ambient essence, not on the essence of the user. and she does see a pattern, of sorts. Whatever is attacking sticks to rooftops, moves in fast, hits a target, and maybe grabs an extra one on the way out
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm » Right. Are the streets clear?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 pm » ok, Sai does notice something. A scent. It smells wrong, like something normal, but fundamentally *wrong* at the same time, and it's moving into town.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 pm » 6 successes on checking for a pattern, though/.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm » Bluh. 3 successes.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm » Alright. Rolling Matron's thing first.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm » Niiiiice! 5,1,8,10,10, 3,6 (5 successes)
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm » yes))
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm » (two seperate rolls, Demo?)
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm » Zoe: *will walk over and look at it*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm » ok, for Zoe, an int + lore roll for the pattern and figuring out what the matron is trying to do. and Sai needs to roll perception + awareness.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm » Grang: <I really just wanna see if I can tell where they'll strike tonight>
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 pm » Grang: <Yeeah... I can't make heads or tails of it. I mean, there could not be a pattern, but it's unlikely.>
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 pm » He's by himself and vulnerable here
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 pm » Ok... does Sai notice anything unusual? Like say, the thing that's luring people away?
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm » Zoe: <Do you need assistance?>
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm » Umm... She's trying to see if she can figure out how to do what the Matron was trying to do.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm » Grang doesn't see any kind of pattern in the map
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm » and Sai identifies a couple spots in the city where the walls are least well guarded or look as though they may give easily.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 pm » Grang: *three successes*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 pm » Grang: <Zoe? Any chance you could help me look for a pattern quickly? I promise, I'll get out of your hair if we find one...>
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 pm » what's zoe examining it for claire?
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm » 1,7,1,6,9, 7 (3 successes)
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm » Zoe: *examining the cadaver on the table, but not touching*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm » anyone looking for a pattern roll Int + lore or war
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm » Grang: *Quickly looks over the map for a pattren, without much hope*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm » right, roll int + war zo
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm » Matron: Not that I can see. *shuffles through a desk and produces a map* all the attacks have been marked.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm » So instead, Sai is going to patrol the city and try to identify strategic weakpoints and look into any ways it could be stormed
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm » Grang: Matron, have there been any particular area's hit hard by the dissappearances? Or a pattren to them?
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:42 pm » the sun was setting on your way back to the city, it's not late late yet, but it's night by now
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm » Ok. Then instead... hm. Most of my plans will work better in the day
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:40 pm » That wouldn't work then at all.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:40 pm » Grang: Really? That's good to know...
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:40 pm » Wait, it's that time of night? Hm.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:40 pm » Ok. Sai is going to look around for a crowded street.
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm » Matron: You all may want to watch the streets, we're getting towards the time of night that whatever it is that's been abducting our citizens starts being active.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm » Grang: And let us know if you find out anything?
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm » Zoe: Uh-huh.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:38 pm » Grang: Well, good luck with... whatever you're doing Zoe. Let me know if I can help...
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:37 pm » Zoe: *is not leaving*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:36 pm » Sai: Sheesh! Sheesh!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:36 pm » Anyway, when we last left off, the head matron was trying to shoo everyone out of her workshop.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:35 pm » Grang: *chuckles* I figured.
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:35 pm » Mint: Don't mind Tamuz. He's an old fuddy-duddy. I'm sure Echo would support him
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » .
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Zoe: *GRUMP*
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Zoe: *has not been able to send Gaze her reports*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Tamuz: no, not even Gaze, I don't care if he somehow already has the tattoos.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Zoe: *irritable*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Echo: not even Gaze~?
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Grang: *pouts*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm » Tamuz: no. Sidereals don't get to be honorary lunars.
Jane Narbon « Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm » Will be here in ~30m.
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm » Zoe: *does not get to be a hedgehog nearly as often as she would like*
Professor Zobot « Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm » Mint: I dunno. With that name? I could imagine him grunting out fierce warrior oaths in broken lunar tribespeak...
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:31 pm » Grang: *sticks his tongue out at Tamuz*
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:31 pm » Tamuz: hahaha. ha. haha. ha. no.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm » Grang: *is an honorary Lunar*
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm » Woo!
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm » Go lunars~
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat May 26, 2012 7:29 pm » ok, so it is now lunar time. :D
Claire « Sat May 26, 2012 7:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat May 26, 2012 7:28 pm » *cough* Caffine, then.
chicgeek « Sat May 26, 2012 7:28 pm » Ti: Eh, Peri has a decent tolerance. I don't worry until he starts seeing polar bear monsters AND tiny catgirls.
Wallycaine « Sat May 26, 2012 7:28 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm » Relatively speaking.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
(9:20:47 PM) ladymadsci entered the room.
(9:20:47 PM) starwar009 entered the room.
(9:20:54 PM) madgirlkate entered the room.
(9:21:00 PM) madgirlkate: ...?
(9:21:02 PM) ladymadsci: Hi.
(9:21:26 PM) starwar009: krya is sticking with Zoe so including her in the last few bits ^.^
(9:21:30 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
(9:21:39 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Hmph.
(9:21:50 PM) starwar009: 9:08:40 PM) starwar009: right, the artifacts seem to be linked directly into the nervous system, run on ambiant essence, and mostly seem to be things like a light grappling hook, or dart flinger, though there is a recuring artifact in all the ones the matron has dissected. A set of small spheres which were hooked into the spine, the number varied as well as size, but they seem to be the central link to the nervous system
(9:21:52 PM) starwar009: (9:15:50 PM) madgirlkate: Is the Matron recording any notes?
(9:16:55 PM) starwar009: (yes, she is)A few minutes later the matron looks up at Zoe. "Did you know, these devices apparently are capable of invading a person's nervous system against their will? These sldiers weren't outmatched idiots, they died on purpose in the hopes we'd bring them into the city. You may want to check the morgue for the other bodies, make sure the devices in them haven't made their move since I wasn't there to dissable them like I was here."
(9:22:02 PM) starwar009: (9:20:15 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Given the importance of that, I am not confident in my ability to complete that task in a timely manner. What prevents you from doing it yourself, given both your prior successes and the temporally-critical nature of the goal?
(9:22:07 PM) starwar009: (and caught up. brb)
(9:22:27 PM) ladymadsci: OK, sorry, I need a greater context before we continue.
(9:22:50 PM) ladymadsci: Who had these artifacts embedded in them?
(9:22:57 PM) madgirlkate: The acting Matron is dissecting the killed raiders.
(9:23:32 PM) ladymadsci: Ah.
(9:27:42 PM) starwar009: is that enough context? ^.^ ))
(9:27:49 PM) ladymadsci: Yep.
(9:30:00 PM) starwar009: Matron: I am working on this at the moment. if I can find a way to dissable the artifacts, then it won't matter if they get loose.
(9:30:37 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra'll try to examine the spheres to see what they do… if anything… besides connecting the artifacts to the nervous system.
(9:30:59 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: So when you stated moments ago that you had disabled the artifacts here, the implication was that you had not found a way to disable them, but had done so anyway?
(9:31:32 PM) starwar009: ok,Kyra roll int + lore
(9:32:07 PM) starwar009: Matron: I had found a way to individually disable them, I am certain I can disable them en mass, just have to work out how.
(9:32:18 PM) ladymadsci: 1,5,2,7,2, 10,6,2   (3 successes)
(9:32:54 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Perhaps Kyra would be more suited to individually disabling them than I.
(9:33:22 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [listening] What would you do, instead?
(9:34:10 PM) madgirlkate: (who was Kyra talking to?)
(9:34:23 PM) ladymadsci: You.
(9:34:48 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Take an unecessarily long time, defeating the initial purpose altogether.
(9:35:10 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: I meant, what would you do here while I was doing that?
(9:35:43 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Continue to observe and learn. There may be a point at which I am able to assist.
(9:38:36 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [to the matron] How did you disable the things in the first place?
(9:40:03 PM) starwar009: Matron: fine, I will deal with it. *snaps her notes shut and sets her pen in it's inkwell* You would simply have to press a sharply against the circle outlined in oricalcum. You may work on these while I deal with the ones downstairs.
(9:41:13 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I find that your assumptions of my abilities are overstated. How many downstairs are there to deal with?
(9:42:25 PM) starwar009: Matron: at least 10 dead raiders, if these three are a proper sample of the population, then there may be as many as 50 spheres.
(9:45:04 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I feel that given the circumstances, the efficiency inherent in multiple people, given the information you previously declined to share, might be beneficial both to the city and your research. *caustic*
(9:49:06 PM) ladymadsci: (If Zoe ever takes an aquatic form, I can think of a few.)
(9:49:14 PM) madgirlkate: ?
(9:49:32 PM) ladymadsci: (Such as, a crab.)
(9:49:45 PM) starwar009: Matron: A limited number of people reduces the likelyhood of an affected individual from escaping notice in this action. Sharing information uneccissrilly would cause a panic, and I only came to the conclusion they may self activate a moment ago.
(9:50:16 PM) starwar009: Matron: are you done critizizing my actions? or shall I wait to act while you continue?
(9:51:19 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I temporarily am done criticizing your actions, although the rationalization for those actions deserves its own critique. Regardless, I find that people are largely able to relocate and discuss simultaneously.
(9:51:26 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: Please excuse my colleague. I can go downstairs and handle the raiders, and I think she'll be predisposed to come with me.
(9:52:07 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I just said that all three of us should simultaneously deal with the spheres.
(9:52:16 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *is apparently not being listened to*
(9:52:48 PM) ladymadsci: (Sorry— I wasn't able to understand that from what you said a minute ago.)
(9:53:29 PM) starwar009: Matron: very well. *leads down the hall at a brisk walk*
(9:53:34 PM) madgirlkate: (That's ok. It was like 40% intentional. ^^)
(9:53:44 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *follows*
(9:54:28 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [ditto]
(9:56:09 PM) starwar009: Matron: *leads down into the hill a ways, where the tempeture is lower and opens a door, revealing a room with several tables, currently occupied by the dead raiders.*
(9:58:03 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *unsheaths a claw*
(9:58:19 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [examines the raiders… but not too close!]
(9:58:37 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *looks for movement*
(9:59:38 PM) starwar009: ok, roll perception + awareness
(10:00:04 PM) ladymadsci: 3,5,6,3,5, 7,3   (1 success)
(10:00:29 PM) madgirlkate: 2 successes
(10:03:46 PM) starwar009: ok, as you're looking around the room, you hear the matron trip over something and curse back towards the door to the room
(10:03:55 PM) starwar009: but other than that, nothing
(10:04:03 PM) ladymadsci: What's going on re: the Matron?
(10:07:56 PM) starwar009: she tripped on something on the floor near the door. She stands looking mildly embarassed and sets her hair back in place, looking down near her feet. "Odd, what'd I trip on..."
(10:08:13 PM) ladymadsci: And what did she trip on?
(10:09:58 PM) starwar009: you don't see any likely candidates
(10:10:26 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: What does it seem *likely* that you tripped over? *sarcastic*
(10:10:33 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *also looking over the floor*
(10:10:47 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [thinking] It doesn't matter. Could you please come over here and show us what to do with one of the raiders?
(10:11:30 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Kyra, it seems *relevant* that the Matron may have tripped over something that is no longer there.
(10:12:02 PM) ladymadsci: Hey, what's the rules for trying to 'say' something with a glance?
(10:12:35 PM) starwar009: Matron: Is condesention your only tone child? *caustic at Zoe* (and it'd be... int + linguistics I guess and another check from the receiving end to get it)
(10:12:55 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: It tends to be the only one that is applicable.
(10:13:02 PM) ladymadsci: 5,2,5,7,4, 8,7   (3 successes)
(10:13:34 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [glancing at Zoe, trying to say: Yes, it is relevant, and that's why I'm keeping her farther in the room than we are.]
(10:13:42 PM) madgirlkate: (do I roll int at linguistics as well?)
(10:13:45 PM) madgirlkate: *int and*
(10:14:28 PM) starwar009: yes, you would kate
(10:14:55 PM) madgirlkate: 4 successes
(10:16:11 PM) ladymadsci: (Aaaand… I have to go to dinner.)
(10:18:34 PM) starwar009: kk
(10:36:58 PM) ladymadsci: (Back!)
(10:37:55 PM) starwar009: wb
(10:41:24 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Kyra, if you wanted to be helpful, you could supervise my ill-advised actions.
(10:41:55 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: [coming over to 'supervise']
(10:42:16 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe's going to kneel down on the floor, and then put her cheek against the floor so she can do that thing where you scan for stuff on the floor. *not sure if I'm describing it properly, but we had to use it in lab when we dropped things on the stupid camoflague floor*
(10:43:23 PM) starwar009: ok, roll perception + awareness you two, zoe gets +1 for the stunting
(10:44:11 PM) madgirlkate: 5 successes.
(10:44:33 PM) ladymadsci: 4,2,6,7,3, 7,7   (3 successes)
(10:47:38 PM) starwar009: ok, Zoe sees one fo the spheres rolling along the floor under it's own power and Kyra sees another one rolling for the door behind the matron. Neither seem to be moving all that fast
(10:48:03 PM) ladymadsci: Uh-huh. Kyra's gonna get over there quick and shut the door.
(10:48:32 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Well, your analysis unfortunately seems to be correct. *can she grab the sphere that's rolling along the floor?*
(10:49:25 PM) madgirlkate: (if so, she will grab it and attempt to deactivate it in the correct spot with her unsheathed claw)
(10:50:08 PM) starwar009: She'd have to move over to where it is, but yes she can grab it. as for deactivating, roll Dex + martial arts to hit the spot with it wriggling in her hand. and with the door shut the sphere begins rlling against it, picking up speed slowly.
(10:50:33 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra will attempt to deactivate the sphere by the door.
(10:50:39 PM) madgirlkate: 7 successes to dex + martial arts
(10:51:51 PM) starwar009: same roll for kyra
(10:52:13 PM) starwar009: Zoe hits the button and the sphere stops moving, letting out a low whine as it ceases movement.
(10:52:18 PM) ladymadsci: 10,3,3,4,10, 8,5,5   (5 successes)
(10:52:57 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: Did these originally come from out of the empty city? I wonder...
(10:52:59 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I suspect having someone search this room once we have finished would be ideal.
(10:53:13 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: I'd be more worried about searching everywhere else.
(10:53:21 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe is going to go back to the first raider and start working.
(10:53:44 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I put it to you that searching 'everywhere else' would be sufficiently time-consuming as to have no tangible benefits.
(10:54:07 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: After we search here, I mean.
(10:54:12 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra'll work on the second raider.
(10:54:34 PM) starwar009: kyra manages to shut off the one in her hand as well. as for the raiders: roll int/perception + medicine
(10:54:47 PM) ladymadsci: She'll also examine the deactivated sphere again, to see if she can get any more clues off it, about its purpose or nature. Or just any other clues.
(10:55:03 PM) madgirlkate: 4 successes
(10:55:10 PM) ladymadsci: 3,6,7,1,9    (2 successes)
(10:58:35 PM) starwar009: ok, Zoe notices at least one wound on the raider where a sphere had gotten out before she starts pulling out the rest. and Kyra doesn't see where any may have gotten out as she works on that one. A few minutes later bother are fully taken care of, as well as the one the matron worked on, which had no exit wounds.
(10:59:41 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *reports the exit wound on this one, and will keep a mental tally, moving onto the next one*
(10:59:54 PM) madgirlkate: (fully taken care of includes deactivating the spheres, right?)
(11:00:03 PM) ladymadsci: OK, on to the next one.
(11:00:18 PM) ladymadsci: 8,4,10,2,10    (5 successes)
(11:00:37 PM) starwar009: yes
(11:01:12 PM) ladymadsci: (By the way, Kyra's second examination of the deactivated sphere yielded: 3,3,7,2,5, 7,6   (2 successes))
(11:01:16 PM) madgirlkate: 5 on the second one Zoe searches.
(11:02:15 PM) starwar009: ok, both Zoe and Kyra notice an exit wound on theirs and the matron reports one as well.
(11:02:58 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: Hmm.
(11:03:20 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *next one*
(11:03:27 PM) madgirlkate: There are 10 raiders here, you said?
(11:04:01 PM) starwar009: yes
(11:04:17 PM) madgirlkate: 5 successes on my third one.
(11:04:49 PM) ladymadsci: 10,8,2,7,2    (4 successes) on Kyra's third
(11:05:53 PM) starwar009: ok, Zoe notices another wound, none for Kyra or the matron
(11:06:23 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *getting the last one*
(11:06:37 PM) madgirlkate: 8 successes
(11:06:55 PM) starwar009: ok, two on that one.
(11:08:11 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: So… we have 7 exit wounds, and only 2 loose spheres recovered.
(11:08:19 PM) madgirlkate: (...I am having trouble counting. I got 7 as well, though)
(11:08:27 PM) ladymadsci: (Hey, it's like an easter egg hunt! If the eggs are trying to kill you.)
(11:09:04 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: There may be more than 7. I do wonder the extent to which their observed function is currently activated, however. *sits in the middle of the floor*
(11:09:29 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: Do you think they're still in the room?
(11:09:55 PM) ladymadsci: (A minimum of 7; a maximum of [assuming 5 per raider] 30.)
(11:10:11 PM) madgirlkate: (nooo, because we deactivated some in each raider we found)
(11:10:23 PM) madgirlkate: (we would've noticed if there were a raider with none)
(11:10:26 PM) ladymadsci: Okay, then a max of 24.
(11:10:51 PM) madgirlkate: Can we have a DM ruling on the number we removed? And where did you get the max of 5 per raider?
(11:11:13 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: If you have a plausible alternate location, it should be searched as well.
(11:11:41 PM) ladymadsci: "Matron: at least 10 dead raiders, if these three are a proper sample of the population, then there may be as many as 50 spheres."
(11:11:50 PM) ladymadsci: What she said.
(11:12:18 PM) madgirlkate: See, but now we have the additional data of (number of spheres + number of exit wounds) per raider.
(11:12:24 PM) madgirlkate: *for another 10 raiders
(11:12:31 PM) ladymadsci: Okay, then how many spheres DID we find on each raider?
(11:13:04 PM) starwar009: there were a total of 31 spheres, including the 7 you all saw exit wounds for
(11:13:34 PM) ladymadsci: Wait, 31 counting the 7 we may or may not have found yet?
(11:14:03 PM) madgirlkate: *more interested in the distribution* What was the max (spheres+exit wounds) for a given raider?
(11:16:20 PM) starwar009: including the 7 you may or may not have found yet. if the 7 exit wounds were from the spheres
(11:16:42 PM) starwar009: the max for any raider was 6 in one case.
(11:17:07 PM) ladymadsci: What was the minimum?
(11:19:02 PM) madgirlkate: Ok, so it's min 7, max 36.
(11:19:18 PM) madgirlkate: Sorry, 'max'.
(11:19:29 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *still sitting in the middle of the floor*
(11:21:14 PM) madgirlkate: *feeling too lazy to do statistical analysis on this*
(11:21:49 PM) ladymadsci: Min 5. We found 2.
(11:22:07 PM) madgirlkate: Right.
(11:22:24 PM) starwar009: ok, as Zoe sits on the floor another sphere rolls out of the shadows towards her slowly.
(11:23:46 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Kyra, would you assist? I am attempting to be a target, which is difficult to do while agressing.
(11:25:12 PM) ladymadsci: Sure.
(11:25:17 PM) ladymadsci: *Kyra: I wll.
(11:25:20 PM) ladymadsci: *will.
(11:26:23 PM) starwar009: kk, roll dex + martial arts.
(11:26:44 PM) ladymadsci: 7,8,4,7,6, 10,3,9   (6 successes)
(11:27:40 PM) starwar009: ok, that's another one down. but that seems to be it. no others are coming
(11:28:47 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *looks at the Matron* At the very least, that will hopefully minimize the interruptions you recieve while looking for a generalized deactivation. Would I be of assistance in your research?
(11:29:40 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: If there's other spheres, I doubt they can climb stairs. What's at the same level or downhill from this room?
(11:29:53 PM) madgirlkate: (oooh! Good thought!)
(11:30:49 PM) starwar009: Matron: there's not much. An artifact room, and the catacombs.
(11:31:05 PM) ladymadsci: Kyra: Then that's where we should search.
(11:33:03 PM) starwar009: Matron: You may do so, but if it's all the same i will return to my work.
(11:33:38 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *will follow the Matron back to her work*

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest #2 logs III
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm » combat tends to take a long while and I'm tired as it is. :P
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm » ?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm » Really...
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm » Oh. Aww.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 pm » heh, ok. and that's where we'll end tonight.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 pm » Off to find the other skeletons.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 pm » Kyra: It is time to kick coccyx and chew tree sap, and I am sadly out of tree sap.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 pm » Kyra does NOT want to cast Countermagic again because she only has enough for one more shot, BUT she will switch into Warform and activate Claws of the Silver Moon.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:40 pm » But at that moment several loud cracking noises can be heard in the catacombs as other bodies begin to move. none in the room she's in now, but they're nearby
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 pm » Huzzah!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 pm » right. The undead body immediately collapses., the sphere rolling out of it's chest whirring and smoking faintly
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 pm » (Fun fact: This is the first time any of my characters has EVER gone full Anima!)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 pm » Which, by the way, takes her from quiescent to full silver anima (not iconic, but close!) in one go.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 pm » OK. Emerald Countermagic uses a Shape Sorcery action that, unlike most castings, is instant. As Kyra's immediate next action, as per the rules, she lets the spell loose @ the sphere.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 pm » (brb)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:35 pm » kk
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:34 pm » (Hang on while I pull up the sorcery rules, 'kay?)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:34 pm » Kyra will cast Emerald Circle Countermagic on the sphere. Hopefully that'll do it?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:34 pm » Countermagic's special.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:34 pm » Oh, wait.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 pm » How much time does Kyra have before it gets at her?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 pm » maybe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 pm » ...necromancy?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 pm » The dead body from inside the casket of course. A moment later the corpse manages to make it's way out of the liittle hollow holding it's coffin, standing unsteadily, a small orb partially visible and buried in it's chest and sinking in slowly.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm » Aaaand WHO is attacking?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm » ok, that's enough to avoid it. A blade made of bone shoves through the coffin lid, missing Kyra by a few inches as she ducks away
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm » 8,8,7,5,2, 6,7,8,4 (5 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm » yes.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm » (Kyra's Dodge DV is a 7. Still want me to roll?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm » g'night beard))
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm » (Evening, Geneve.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 pm » ((*goodnight, rather))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 pm » ((godnight all.))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 pm » it doesn't have a door, and as the coffin lid is moved something smashes through it at Kyra's face. Roll dex + dodge to avoid whatever it is
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:25 pm » If "yes", close the door. Now, GINGERLY open the coffin lid, being extra ready in case something jumps out at Kyra.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm » Uh-huh. Does this room have a door?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm » alright, in that room you can see the walls lined with coffins, and one of them has a spot where something about the size of a fist broke into it, and there's noises coming from inside the coffin
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm » Okeydokey... let's head for the nearest room.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 pm » they went several different directions, splitting up once inside. the tomb is a long hallway with rooms branching off and it seems the trails head for some of the nearby rooms.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm » I see. Which way(s) did they go?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm » roll marks.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 pm » Okay, like drag marks? Roll marks? Footsteps?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 pm » Kyra: [waves at the 4th wall]
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 pm » GrangOOC: Don't ask questions. They don't like it when we poke the fourth wall
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 pm » SaiOOC: ... why is there a small cat lunar draggging a giant daiklave out there in the woods?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 pm » As she steps into the catacombs she can see some marks on the floor, little trails in the dust leading into the expansive tomb
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:11 pm » Sai: *Sits.*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 pm » ok, with Jane back we'll let Grang and Sai sit and go to Kyra and her adventures in the catacombs
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:08 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 pm » (Brb)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 pm » Grang: ...Probably. Too cooincidental to be pure happenstance though, I think.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm » Sai: Hm.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm » (Hi. I'm here.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm » Whisper: Yes stolen! I put it down for five minutes in the town hall and it poofed. probably some overly efficient cleaning staff.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm » Grang: ...I'm surprised Echo didn't start recieving "Dear Diary" messages
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm » Sai: ...stolen?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm » Grang: That could also have hampered things.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm » Whisper: *looking embarassed*My communication book got stolen my first day here.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:00 pm » Grang: Now now... no use getting angry over people forgetting to mention spilled milk
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 pm » Sai: *Somehow managing to shake Whisper despite that not making a ton of sense*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 pm » Sai: ...and Lady Whisper OUGHT to have communicated with Elder Echo!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 pm » Whisper: oh? more people? Excellent. We should do well if we do this right.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:57 pm » Sai: ...yeah, and Lady Zoe and Lady Kyra ought to know.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm » Grang: ...I may have an idea for how to do that... but considering what we know about the chimera, we'll probably have to deal with that first
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:55 pm » Whisper: or get the artifact they're using to control the hollow men.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 pm » Sai: So remove the leaders, the forces will flag
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 pm » Whisper: the other is just annoying
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 pm » Whisper: professional soldier. that one's dangerous.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 pm » Sai: The other?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 pm » Whisper: a bit. There's two of them, and one of them is playing up the "mysterious inscrutable unkowable beyond the void oh lookit me I'm so much smarter than you I can't even communicate properly" archytype.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm » Grang: Well... we can either approach it, and try and trigger the attack, or hope it doesn't come for us, and be prepared if it does...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm » Sai: .Whisper, do you know anything of the, er, Raksha leading this army outside?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 pm » Whisper: I can't say for sure, because it might be a trick, but the majority of the psuedo chimera are near a hill by the empty city. So I think they're there. and they might, but I'm here too, and I've managed to to use all my essence so far, and fought it this whole time by myself. Tonight may be it's best chance, but I doubt it'll go all out.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm » Grang: *smiles* That's what I'm hoping for, personally...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm » Sai: It'll move against us, if they can all communicate. A trap when we least expect it is the smartest tactical move
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 pm » Sai: Lady Whisper, think about it. If it IS a Lunar of sorts, than it was like Zoe and I were, once. And you, before the tattoos. And it likely hath a good idea of how essence works. And knows what happens when we get glowy. And that we've taken two of its footsoldiers before.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 pm » Grang: *nods* Then... well, let's hope they think we're worn down... *starts to head back out, then pauses* Unless you've got a hint about where we can hunt down the main chimera...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 pm » Whisper: Really? And here I thought the people dissapearing, the presence of a chimera making a chimera army, and the two raksha leading an army of hollow men was a day at the beach.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:44 pm » Sai: Then we might be in trouble.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 pm » Whisper: Yes. They're all connected, in a limited manner at least. it's not perfect it seems, but enough for crude coordination at least.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 pm » Sai: If it's a chimera, isn't that... a lunar that didn't... *slowly figuring it out* ...then what part knows, the rest might.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm » Grang: ...Because I didn't need to sleep tonight. But that does make sense... it ran away from Sai when he approached, so maybe they share some... connection?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm » Sai: ...*ear twitch*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:40 pm » Whisper: Yes. and yes. They're all one chimera, but it's splitting off bits of itself, sustained by the bodies, and sent to retrieve more. It's trying to make an army of them I think.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:39 pm » Grang: Parts?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm » Sai: ...wait... chimera?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm » Whisper: Those things are Chimera. Well, parts of one anyway.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm » Sai: What are those things?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm » Sai: ... I'd offer mine help, but defeating two of those things drained us both and almost broke my leg. We'll need to recover before we can assist
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm » Whisper: Not at all, these things need to be stopped, and I can't do it all on my own
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:35 pm » Whisper: With just me it's been a bit of a game of cat and mouse. With me playing the mouse far to often. *grimace*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:35 pm » Grang: Or... no, that's pretty much what I said. I hope you don't mind the reinforcements?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai: ....ah.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 pm » Grang: At a guess, I'd say fighting these things.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 pm » Whisper: I've been busy keeping those things as busy as possible, huntin g them down and killing them, trying to find their exact source, yanno, little things.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 pm » Sai: Where have you been?!?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 pm » Grang: *nods* We managed to fell two of them... though given what we just learned, I'm guessing we just managed to stub this forces toe.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm » Whisper: Yeah, hi you two. I'm guessing you're the reason there are less of those things running around tonight?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm » and she succeeded anyway.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm » ah, fair enough
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm » Basically, unless she's got a terrible wits+intergrity, it's suggested she remember, since I'm pretty sure she qualifies as Important
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 pm » ah there it is.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 pm » what's the roll for remembering a sidereal again? Whisper's going to need one for Grang...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 pm » Grang: Also, hello.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 pm » Grang: *coughs*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 pm » Sai: ...well, I guess I no longer need to retain that mercenary on payroll...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 pm » Sai: *Jumps three feet* WHAT?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 pm » Whisper: Give the man a medal. *standing on the wall next to you two suddenly* Hi.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 pm » Grang: I think the second is more likely. And given how many people have gone missing...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm » Sai: *Turning to Grang* Grang. If the one we saw before was- then that means that... one could make more. Or something is making them
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm » Grang: *arriving on the wall* ...She was? Welllll.... shit
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm » Lee: She was one of the people that went missing!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm » Sai: ...wait, what?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm » Lee:*examines the woman*... that... that's Lady Hejern! She went missing a month ago!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm » Lee: ...THAT is what's been stealing people? How'd it not get seen? *shakes head and walks to a small guardhouse and cmes out with a lantern, flashing it at the next guard house along the way*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm » Sai: *Reclaiming his spear* Doth- er, DO thou recognise this lady?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm » Sai: Lee, you've just witnessed the creature responsible for abducting people in your town. You ought to report back to your commanding officer about what you saw.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 pm » Guard: Lee sir...
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm » Grang: *working his way over to the wall across the rooftops*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 pm » Sai: Guardsman, what is your name?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 pm » so I guess Sai and Grang can investigate a bit if they like? ^.^;
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 pm » *plays jepoardy music*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm » drat, and can't go any further with Zoe until Kyra is done with her catacomb adventure
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm » Back ASAP.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm » oh. righto.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm » Um... I'm about to have dinner. Sorrys!
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm » Grang: Also, it may or may not be formerly people
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm » and with that, we leave the victorious team to their "prize?" and move to a lunar currently in the catacombs of the town of Denandsor, looking for strange spheres/
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm » *claps*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm » Sai: That THING, noble guardsman, was a creature that was feeding on people in your town. As of yet, we've found it was the second we've seen.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 pm » Sai: Nay, twas impressive. That spear's survived since before Thorns and never had a dent on it. You are skilled.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 pm » Guard: What in the malfease was that?!
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 pm » Grang: ...Sorry. Lucky shot, I guess.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 pm » Sai: ...Grang, you cracked the shaft of my spear.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm » (Don't I know it.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm » ok, So the chimera writhes on the wall, form undulating sickly before it melts away to reveal a young woman's body, emaciated like the first body and riddled with the arrows. Leaving the confused and terrified wall guard laying on the wall, looking around at the dead body and the two brightly glowing figures on the rooftops.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm » Plus, not that Wally hasn't made a powerful character, but Sidereals crumple like paper on hits. Their Ox-Body only gives them 0 level health boxes. He needs some good armor to survive if he's hit first
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm » Huzzah!!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 pm » And it was sort of a team effort
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 pm » heh, fair enough.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm » *sheepish face* Well, if it helps, he burned like 15 essence and a willpower on that attack
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm » note to self: use the bloody juggernaut if any chance is to exist of surviving a Grang attack
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 pm » O.o
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 pm » ok, it's deeeeead
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 pm » Six lethal on the third
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 pm » Two lethal on the second
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 pm » Five lethal on the first
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm » Alright, so 12 damage dice three times
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm » ok, that's 3 over
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm » Nine successes on attack one?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm » Nice
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm » "There are some things I will not allow." Glowing bright red, Grang fires one arrow after another, each splitting into three and arcing towards the pinned creature. "You are one of them."
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm » ok
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 pm » Grang's going to use "Block Out the Sun Kata", firing 9 arrows at the chimera in rapid succession. This is going to blow his anima out at full force.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 pm » heh
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm » Yeah, time for pincushioning
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm » ...Very tempted to
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:56 pm » ok, Grang can take one attack action before what happens next ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm » Hmm... probably from around the same distance
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 pm » ok, from the same distance or trying to get closer first?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 pm » ...
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 pm » Well, considering he managed to get the thing pinned... probably try and turn it into a pincushion
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 pm » that he does. and Grang in this situation?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 pm » So he's pulling himself to his paws feet and catching his breath. And then trying to get to the chimera
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 pm » Heh... well, Sai probably has to get back towards the roofs...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 pm » I'm in 15 motes. Just one away from Iconic Aura.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm » Well... Sai's currently hanging from a stormdrain. While I'd love for him to spring forth in heromode and save the guy or capture the monster or whatnot, he's gotta get back on his feet first and he is OUT of essence and his aura can be visable from far away.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm » (That was awesome.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm » (applauds)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm » (I'll recap later)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 pm » (Fuse? Explosives? I think I COMPLETELY missed that one.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 pm » ok, that's enough to cause a good bit of damage, and the spear even slams it into the wall, pinned to it. now, what will sai and Grang do with it pinned to the wall currently
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 pm » Oh wait, that would kill the guy it grabbed. Nevermind
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 pm » Now if only we could get lightning to strike the spear or something
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 pm » :D
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 pm » Above the statistical mean, anyway
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 pm » ...Seven lethal damage
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 pm » Wish me luck
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 pm » Alright
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 pm » It all comes down to this. Wally, this was your shot. You should take the roll
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm » So... ten dice?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm » it's Lethal soak is 2 at present.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm » Ok. So ultimately... 12, minus it's soak
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm » Which isn't too terrible
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm » Grang got 1 over
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm » Just one, apparently
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm » What's Grang's over?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm » Well, Sai's strength is 5, plus the extra 2 successes he bought, plus the spear is 4L....
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm » (I never saw that coming)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm » I think Sai's str + spear's dmg + Grang's extra over.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm » (Seriously, Wally has been on tonight. This was the most brillaint gutsy plan he's come up with... up there with cutting the fuse on the explosives in our original exalted story)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm » less Grang just attacking and more him modifying Sai's attack
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm » Hm. Final call?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm » but... I can see that
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm » I was thinking Grang's str + the spear's dmg
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm » With maybe something added for the force of the arrow? :D
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm » Totally agree.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm » So... I'd guess we'd use Sai's Strength + damage?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm » ^_^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:40 pm » that was awesome.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 pm » and it's going to be high enough to hit the Chimera with 1 over.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm » Ok. Phew.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm » the arrow sticks in the haft, but not enough to break the wood.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm » Grang is using an artifact bow, but the arrows are normal
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm » so soak of 3L= 6L dmg. it's not even really damaged.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 pm » and since Grang's not trying to destroy it either we'll just say the 9 is all that goes against it's soak.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 pm » "Man, we really need to have a game for Sarah to play in sometime...." < My campaign has a place for her. :)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm » I'll say it's about as tough as an oak door for our purposes. considering it has to be able to at least resist a sword blow usually.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm » ((They shall get ALL the extra XP. All of it.))
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm » Is Grang using an artifact bow?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » (Wow. Grang and Sai are crazypants awesome tonight)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » Sai IS using a non-artifact spear
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » let's see how tough it should be... one mo
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » Wait... uh oh
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » Man, we really need to have a game for Sarah to play in sometime....
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm » ok, that's enough to hit the spear, now for an important question. Can the wooden haft of the spear take the arrow's blow without just giving way...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm » *whistle*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm » This is why Exalted attracts spectators.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm » Hell. Yes.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm » (See, Sarah? THIS is Exalted.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm » 0.0
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm » That's... that's bloody brilliant.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm » Nine total successes
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm » kk
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm » For three successes
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm » Actually, on second thought, just going ot use archery excellency
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm » you may
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm » Also, can I channell conviction? Since I'm gonna need all the dice I can scrounge for this...
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm » A stunt! This'll be good...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm » ok, I'm going to give that 3 dice for the stunt. for the wonderfull craziness of the idea and a good description
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm » ...That. That's the crazy thing.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 pm » After another jump, Grang rolls to a stop, landing in a kneeling position with his bow drawn. As he watches, Sai throws his spear and falls out of sight. Even as he watches, however, it becomes obvious the spear won't hit it's mark. Barely thinking, Grang looses an arrow, aiming not for the chimera, but instead the spear itself, knocking it slightly out of alignment. Even as the Chimera turns from the obviously missing spear, it's altered arc brings it closer to it's back...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm » Hm... so what is this crazy thing now?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 pm » Oh dear.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 pm » Sai: *Dangling from a storm drain*
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:16 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:16 pm » Check with the GM first kinda crazy
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 pm » ok, so what kind of crazy?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:13 pm » Anyways, Grang is thinking about doing remarkably crazy things that probably shouldn't work but might based entirely off rule of cool
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:13 pm » anyway, Grang's turn!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm » Sai: *Sigh of relief*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm » ^_^
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm » ah, that is true. Hadn't thought of that Wally
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 pm » Heh... actually, it's remarkably similar to how you keep from hurting yourself when falling normally... the only difference is that you roll when you hit ranther than in the air
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 pm » uh, Zo, there's no way to reduce the damage like that. unless you had wings or something to stunt with, you take the damage. however the wits roll is to catch hold of something to prevent the fall altogether. which in this case I'm saying you did, barely. Catching hold of a gutter and hanging there
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 pm » That wasn't a stunt, btw
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 pm » 8,10,2,2,7 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 pm » Ok... let me try.... Sai is going to start spinning in circles as he falls, attempting to use rotational momentum to disperse some of the falling momentum. And yes, I know it doesn't work exactly like that, but if I WANT it ot be true enough then maybe, just maybe....
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:08 pm » you are about two stories up, that's about 6yards up, so if you hit the ground, that's 3B levels of damage. but a wits + athletics roll might save you.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:08 pm » ...actually, I'm gonna wait my turn
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm » Also, can se say it got close enough that the chimeria noticed the spear?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm » Minor details
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm » crap. That.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm » now for Sai's fall.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm » Also, uh....
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm » sadly that's not enough, the spear hits the wall under the chimera and clatters to the street below.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm » The Toboz "Throw a weapon that isn't supposed to be mechanically thown" legacy ends here... aw.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm » I fail to keep my brother's legacy alive. Aw....
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » nnnope! 3,7,4,4,8, 4,3 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » never know ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » Ah well....
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » Just 7 dice.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » My thrown attack chance is... n'est pas bien.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm » Now for the awkward part.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm » But yeah, a lot closer for the ranged attack
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm » Well, it depends on what we're adding for each success
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm » so a thrown attack then.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:03 pm » 10,9,1,2,5, 4,1,5,1,6, 1,7 (4 successes) A bit short, I'm afraid
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:03 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm » So you only need... 9 added to reach it directly
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm » Ok....
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm » (the str + athletics roll would be added to the total before our double doubling of the ditance)
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:01 pm » ah, righto. so 64 yards, well, feel free to roll the polevault. it's be str + athletics. and from there we can determine if you're flurrying a thrown attack or trying to stab it
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm » Going for the Oricalcum
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm » Obviously
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm » Ah, OK! He's competing in the Chimera Olympics, then?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm » And 64 without the pole vault, Demo.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:00 pm » (Sai and Grang are doing stupid things to try and catch the uncatchable)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » Sai's doing stuff
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » (So what's going on?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » so 32 yards without the polevault. with the polevault he might get close enough to throw the spear
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » So he can jump around 64 yards of the way
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » ... I guess that's still somewhat impressive.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » Plus your anima doubles distance again
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm » Since it's horizontal, it doubles distance
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm » Anyways, total is 16 yards normal jump
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm » It won't quite, but with the polejump, it might
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm » Plus two for wolves pace
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm » ...there's no way this works.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm » Each gives plus two strength for static values though, so that washes out... total of 14
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm » Hm
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm » You can buy... two successes of strength excellency two, since each counts as two dice for the purposes of charms
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 pm » Alright, so five strength (You don't apply the doubling from Full Moon Anima until after you've calculated the total distance), plus athletics of 3 plus two for tail (whether tail counts or not is a dm thing, since it specifies pool)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 pm » Hm....
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 pm » (Hi.)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 pm » Just a second
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm » So technically, he's got 15 + 2 dice for Wolf's Pace, and another 4 successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:53 pm » His base strength is a 4, +1 for warform. So he'd have a 10, plus 4 successes for Strength Excellency 2, and his athletics is a 3, plus 2 for his Tail Pox, and due to Wolf's Pace he's +2 to strength for jumping distance
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 pm » oook, so how far, according to all that, can he jump unassisted?(we'll do the polevault bit in a moment)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 pm » What's his Strength+Athletics total?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 pm » Of course, the landing is going to be a MOTHER.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm » Er, nevermind. Better idea that has a legitimate chance of possibly working! Sai is going to try and leap at it, using his spear to pole vault. Keep in mind that Sai has strength 5 and Dexterity 6. While he's definately going to have distance penalities up the wazoo, if he spends the last 8 of his remaining essence to use Strength Excellency 2, he'd add some successes to his chances. Also, since his Anima banner is at the 11 to 15 point, his effect is triggered. Allowing him to double his strength for purposes of feats of strength.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm » anyway, a spear could be thrown, but I would say it's range is the same as a javelin
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 pm » It's just listed twice... once under melee weapons, with melee stats, and once under thrown weapons
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 pm » oh there we go. right
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:49 pm » Well, javelins have a range of 30 yards
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:49 pm » which is a bit odd considering javelins are supposed to be thrown(I'm pretty sure)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:49 pm » yeah, not even seeing a range on spears/javalins
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 pm » Ok, ordinarily there's no way a spear could be thrown that distance'
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 pm » *Spear
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 pm » ok. This is going to SUCK, but it's the best shot Sai has. He's going to try and throw his speark
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm » Hmm... 100 yards, eh?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm » Hey, it might not even work.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm » heh, it's about 100 yards away from you two
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm » I'll wait for Sai's stupid thing first, though
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm » Yeah, Grang's going ot do something similar
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 pm » But about how far away is it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm » Right. Sai is... um... ok, this is going to probably be very stupid, unless it works.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm » Excellent! Time to try something stupid!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm » yes. it pauses a moment on top of the wall of the city to hiss at you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 pm » Turns to hiss at us?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 pm » ok, sadly neither of you catch up, it manages to outpace both of you and easily climb the wall, plucking one of the guards off the wall as it reaches the top, before turning to hiss at you two again
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 pm » 6,9,2,10,6, 4,2,1,7,3, 5,3 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 pm » Same modifiers, so 12 dice unless I get the 1 die kicker for competative running
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm » yep
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm » Ok, dex and athletics again.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm » Hm... I guess I'll have to try again
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm » Seven successes
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 pm » you can
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm » Can I channel conviction on this one?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36 pm » if you all are after catching up to it, you'll need to roll a dex + athletics to see if you can keep up with it's newly atered form
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 pm » Sai: Grrr! *Hackles up in frusteration*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 pm » Right, so the spear slams into the roof, cracking several tiles and an arrow whistles by, the chimera hissing it's hate at you two and twisting unnaturally to avoid the blows. A moment later a shiver runs down it's form from head to toe, and as it passes down the chimera's body, it grows legs, lots of legs all along the long thin body, all the legs fairly short and skittering along the roof as the chimera seems to flow up and over a nearby wall
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm » Ah well. At least I didn't botch
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm » Doesn't matter in this system
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm » uh, that's not how it works remember? but anyway 4 successes isn't enough to hit it
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm » Er, more 1s than successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm » That's... er, more botches than successes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm » ...shit.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm » 1 (botch x 1)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm » 8,1,1,1,2, 8,9,3,1,8, 2,5 (4 successes) but I forgot his spear adds 1 die for accuracy so I have ot roll 1 more die
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm » I promise this is my last stunt for a bit. Don't wanna abuse this stuff.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm » Ok... then Sai is at -3 for the attack, counteracted a bit by the 2-die stunt, so he's got 12 dice.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm » it was established in game that the up the roof part was it's own thing, and this is a stunt, reality tends to get a bit... wishy washy around stunts. The pattern spiders like style
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm » no, that's fine.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm » ...crap. If this whole action was a flurry, then Sai has to subtract 2 dice from the original jump check. If that means he doesn't make it up, let me know
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm » heh, makes sense
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm » This is Sai running wild. I'd make him more subdued a fighter in his human form, but in his warform he's all hopped up on Adrenaline and fury.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm » oh very nice. That's a two die stunt.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm » Subject to DM's approval.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm » From the ground, he leaps at the wall of one building, using his rear paws to vault off of it, cracking the wall with the force of the jump, and onto the wall of another building nearby, jumping back and forth up the building as he ascends to engage the creature, spear in hand, using the momentum of his jumps to spring up above it, bringing the spear down in a powerful gravity-enhanced plummet as he tries to impale the spear through the creature and into the roof beneath it, effectively pinning it in place if he can as long as it can't dislodge the spear.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm » Three successes on the attack, which even with the -2 from dashing probably isn't enough to hit
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm » So then, Sai is going to keep his ATTACK simple
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm » as does Grang
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm » yes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm » Ok. Given that I'm jumping already, Sai pretty much as to flurry to just get one attack in, right?
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm » He didn't burn much last time
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm » Grang's actually pretty full on essence
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm » ok, Wally, roll your attack as well
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm » Hey... *compares to last Solar session* We match!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm » Sai might assume that there's just more than one of these things, but if this keeps happening... I don't know if Sai will have the essence to get the job done if there's more of them. What's your essence at, Wally?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm » He's gonna fire off a shot, and then keep running towards the fight if he can
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm » Ok, Sai can make it up in time to attack the Chimera, which seems to have no interest in fighting you, so roll his attack.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm » A little concerned though.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 pm » Nice
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 pm » The guys inside the first range increment for Grang
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 pm » You kidding?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 pm » Sorry for ditching you, Wally... ><;
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:18 pm » 8,8,7,9,6, 9,6,7,5,1, 7 (7 successes) with my 11 dice. And remember that while in warform, Sai is considered strength 8 for jumping distances.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm » it's at least 300 yards, maybe a bit further
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm » Ok. Sai is going to make that roll.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm » Grang: *is a long ranged character for a reason ^_^*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:16 pm » About how far away is it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm » ok, well roll Dex + athletics to see if Sai can make his way up the rooftop fast enough to be a threat to it
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm » that's true. Grang will see the Chimera shoot up on the roof and his back down at Sai before running long the rooftops. it's a good distance away, but visible.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » Right. Sai is going to charge and pounce at it
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » recognition?!?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » He's got a point. Wei has the advantage of 3 D vs 2D. He can move in a straight line. I can't.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » ok, Sai leaves Grang behind with an impressive burst of speed. Eventually he rounds a corner and sees the exact same, as far as Sai can tell, Chimera dragging a young woman away along the rooftops. It looks back at Sai, eyes showing recognition before it darts away, dropping the woman as it runs
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » Since Grang is at a good vantage point for seeing things
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » Well, it does depend on how far ahead he is
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm » Sai: *Furious lunar warform running down streets causing havok!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 pm » (Back)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 pm » heh, that's fine. anyway, Sai pulls ahead, leaving Grang in his dust, and so Grang won't get to see what Sai does.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:11 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 pm » And yeah, I just figured I'd mention it ^_^
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 pm » No extra success
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:09 pm » hmmmmm, I suppose it would. A single die stunt, since if changed the nature of the run, but not much in the way of descriptions
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:08 pm » (Frig, I have to reboot my computer. Handle Grang first, brb in 2 minutes)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm » Unless my description counts as a small stunt :P
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm » Two successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm » 10,9,7,10,2, 9,2,1,5,1, 6,7 (8 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm » Smart, Wally
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm » heh, righto. impressive roll anyway
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:06 pm » Grang, on the other hand, is going to vault up onto the nearest roof, and then sprint while jumping from roof to roof
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:06 pm » Ok. So that's my dex of 6 for being in warform, plus 2 to athletics for my Tail mutation, plus my regular athletics of 3, plus 1 for therunning, so 12 dice without spending any more of my precious essence. (Just a status check, I"m currently at 4 personal and 10 peripheral after our last battle, meaning Sai has poured 14 peripheral essence into that fight, and he's now lit up like a candle
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 pm » kk
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:03 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:03 pm » Sai is going to vault over anything that gets in his way or otherwise try to run past it or get over it...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm » Grang and Sai, roll Dex + athletics to see how well you two navigate the streets/rooftops on your way(and the +1 for competative running here)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm » Grang: *also sprints towards scream*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm » He's heading for the scream.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm » Demo, I don't know if this matters a ton, but Sai does have the Wolf's Pace pox in his warform, which he's still in. +2 to dex for Move and Dash, +2 Strenght for jumping distance, and +1 to competative running
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:01 pm » Sai: ...*Taking off at a dead run, falling to all fours to move faster*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 pm » And a moment later Sai and Grang hear, from the other side of the town, a scream.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 pm » nope, Sai knows nothing based on the man's appearance.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 pm » 5,9,6,3,6, 6 (1 success). Ugh, terrible rolls.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:58 pm » Grang: *keeping an eye on the rooftops* Yes, that is a concern.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:58 pm » Ok....
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:58 pm » ok, that'd be a perception + investigation roll zo
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm » Sai: A fair point. *Is going to go look over the body to try and find any trace of the man's identity(?) or any hint as to how he ended up that way. "Hm. But what if there was more than one?)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:56 pm » Grang: You may. Whoever it was was trying to kill you, however.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm » ok, Sai is relatively certain that this is unusual, but not sure in the slightest how.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm » Sai: ....I may have just killed a man
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm » ....botch. Shoot.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm » Grang: ...Huh. I guess it was something from the wyld, but...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm » Sai can indeed make a roll to check what it is
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 pm » *You are now Sai. You have just slain what seems to have been a human, transformed. You're not entirely sure if you understand the significance of this, and are going to ask if you can make a lore + intelligence check to know if you know what it is*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm » heh, righto. That's the first roll on it. and with that we switch to Grang and Sai for the moment
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm » Zoe: *going slowly as she learns how to get the parts*
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm » 1 success
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm » Zoe: Noted.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm » Matron: There should be more than enough parts with these here
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 pm » you can.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm » (can I make the first roll?)
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm » Zoe: If you had mentioned the need for parts from the spheres, we could have increased the supply here while returning.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm » no you didn't.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 pm » Did we bring up the spheres from the other room?
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 pm » Zoe: *going to start scrounging parts from the spheres in the room*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:47 pm » Matron: Excellent. I'll make sure I have the wavelength figured out for the sphere's communication, to fine tune the device in a moment.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm » Zoe: *hopes that is not a theoretical*
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm » Zoe: I can assist with this.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm » Makes sense.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 pm » and building that would take an int + craft roll, a bit difficult since you'll need to scavenge the parts from the speheres themselves.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 pm » hee, right. Zoe gets the basic idea of how the sphere's work in overriding the human nervous system, and that they're all interconnected by a diffused essence system. and a moment later the matron hands Zoe a basic schematic on assembling an essence feedback machine.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm » Zoe: *keeping an eye on the matron, leading to subpar note examining*
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm » 2 successes
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm » Zoe: *examines notes!*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm » (examining the notes is an int + lore roll)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:41 pm » Matron: Alright then, give me a moment to write up the basics of what needs to be done and we can refine it from there. You can examine my notes while I do that.
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:40 pm » (so what should I do to help with that?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm » (Here)
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm » Zoe: That seems beneficial.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 pm » Matron: I suspect you are going to continue to observe and ask that question until I allow you to help. Very well, you can help me assemble the dissabling device.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:37 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 pm » Zoe: Have you determined whether or not you are willing to allow me to assist with your research yet? Shall I continue to merely observe?
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:34 pm » Zoe: Useful knowledge.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:33 pm » The matron heads back up the stairs towards her room, looking over her shoulder at Zoe. "Hmmmm, no. The magical materials aren't naturally occuring, unless they had more waiting in Elsewhere, but I saw no evidence of elsewhere tech in the ones I've dismantled."
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:32 pm » Zoe: Do you believe that once infected, a host would be able to spawn more of the spheres?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm » well, looks like we'll start with Zoe then ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm » I'll be here in 15. Sorry. Almost done with work
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:29 pm » I think Kyra was going to go hunt for more spheres, and Zoe was going to follow the Matron back up anyway... or we could start with Sai and Grang?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm » right, and Sai and Grang finished killing a chimera
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm » Kyra and Zoe and the Matron just finished with the dissecty stuff.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm » ok, so jane seems to be missing at the moment, so we're going to start without her. let's see, where'd we leave off last time...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:21 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:18 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm » Hi Beard!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:14 pm » heya beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm » Allo.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 pm » hopefully jane will materialize soon ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:09 pm » heya sarah
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:09 pm » Oh, looks like I got here just in time!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:08 pm » Hi
Claire « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:08 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:06 pm » that's ok zo, bit late myself. eating a bit still ^.^;
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 pm » (Hey. A bit late, will be here soon)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 pm » Hey
Demothesis « Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 pm » *pokes invisible jane* exalted will start in about 20 minutes or so. just a heads up.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am » (Night, Sarah.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am » Jane: I hope so. :)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am » (Gah, need to say goodnight.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am » Axel: ^^ I think it likes you~
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am » (Like a girl with a new pet...)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am » Jane: Sure! I'll build a li'l niche in my purse where it can be safe.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am » Cube: aaaAAA,,,,,@aa...h
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am » Axel: :D Do you want to keep it?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 am » Jane: I'm getting to like these cubes of yours.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 am » Jane: [stroking the cube]
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 am » Cube: ######hhhhhh....ssss
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:55 am » Cube: *sparks* But slowly uncrumples.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 am » Jane: [takes the cube in both hands and tries to decrumple it]
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 am » Heh.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 am » Cube: *feebly tries to extend a spike*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 am » Jane: [cuddling the cube in her labgloved hands. The gloves are a lovely shade of red that match the trim on the dress.] Whooo'sa li'l cutiecube, then?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 am » Jane: Good~
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 am » Axel: S'okay! Now it knows not to ^^
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 am » Jane: I think I broke it. [blushes a bit] Indirectly.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 am » Axel: *shakes it. It sparks*
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 am » Axel: Welp. *picks it up* Don't go runni- crawl-. Stay put!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 am » Jane: [looks at the crumpled cube]
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 am » Jane: Oh.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 am » A crumpled cube tumbles out.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums