Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Comics by Shaenon II
Mad science has never been so cute!
* Logout [ Demothesis ] * 0 new messages Chat * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:11 pm » anyway, 4ssxp for everyone. +1 for peri for talking the emissary ut of trying to kill you all.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm » (Hey)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm » Sounds good.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm » (nevermind!)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:09 pm » (I want to get an idea if it's worth it for Ti to run ahead)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:09 pm » alright, you all make it back to the boat without incident except one pushy merchant who shut up very quickly after a glare from Peri. and that's where we'll end the solar group for today.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:09 pm » (How far are we from the docks?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 pm » Peri: On the river, then.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 pm » Hue: *looking more and more worried* We need to go.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 pm » Ti: *turns to depart* Ready?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 pm » Attendant:*nods eagerly* y-yes ma'am.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 pm » Ti: May Sol bless and guide you. Pass on our greetings, and our thanks, to your priestess.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:06 pm » Attendant:*motions forwards a smaller child who looks up at the glowing ones of your group in awe* t-there were six of them I t-think ma'am. the small boat was one of the ones fishers use, just really plain... and there w-were 2 of them on the small boat, the rest went on the big one.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:05 pm » Ti: Oh, and any idea how many dragons?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:05 pm » Ti: Thank you. Any description of the small boat, or of the dragons on either boat? If not, we need to depart-we don't have the luxery of taking time for this.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 pm » (It's okay, I'm just going by the choice of words emissary used, as far as Ti is concerened , he/she could have meant either)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 pm » Attendant: *returns with a couple scrolls* these are all we have on the Empty city and Denandsor Shining One. As for the Hunt, one of my brothers was by the docks, and they left on two boats, a big one with the empress's symbol on it and a second one that was very small and unmarked.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:02 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:02 pm » (I- just- it's just my logic....)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm » (Okay, okay)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm » (Right, and Densandor is what the DM brought up when Peri got a high roll to put those two things together. Denandsor is where the Empty City's survivors are. You can get to it BY the Grey river.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 pm » (So, the Emmissary did say, empy city, not Denandsor)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 pm » Attendant: uhm, o-of course ma'am... I'll see to gather any scrolls we have immediately.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 pm » (Emmissary said-They would not be foolish enough to attack you within my city. They will wait for you at the outskirts of Nexus's jurisdixtion. 'AND_They went south by way of the Grey River. There was some mention of the Empty City.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 pm » Peri: Begging forgiveness for *speaking*, of course.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm » Peri: The city of Denandsor, the new city formed by the survivors of the Empty city, not far from the grey river.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm » Peri: Its not the Emty City.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm » *Scrolls8
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm » Ti: And we need any info on the Empty City you have. Scrools are acceptable, we can read them while travelling.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:57 pm » (Heh, normally Ti would ahve wanted them to quickly get supplies, but she knows that a)peri would plotz, and b) she can keep them alive if need be. ^^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:56 pm » Hue: Do you or *anyone* else here know about the Dragons who left town a few hours ago? They had a prisoner. It's urgent, a matter of life or death, and we need to keep moving.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm » Peri: *glowering*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm » Ti: Screw it, we're here now. We'll make it short. *strides in*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm » Let's just say the people at the temple are *very* eager to assist a Shining One, in any way they can.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm » Because I know Hue has a visible caste mark unless we somehow rested between pinning the DB and all of that.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » (heh, and Ti's is temperance)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » oh good point beard.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » *virtues conviction
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » Hmm...Ti is slightly glowy.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » I;m not.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 pm » (His valor's conviction. He's going to be really difficult. )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm » Um... guys? Just a thought, who here is still glowy?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm » Peri would have shrugged. "If you like"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm » (Ahh, I didn't see that.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm » (All right-but she did make the offer to him. Just to be plain, he ignores it?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm » (Peri is staying quiet and following the group.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm » (Does Peri tell Ti to run ahead? Or is she here?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 pm » anyway, the priestess isn't in at the temple at the moment sadly, she's off dealing with some new paperwork that'd been issued recently apparently. Though the local attendants were more than happy to help in any way.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm » (hee!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm » Heh.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm » (nextgroup cameo)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm » Hue: *not slowing down to argue*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm » you all mostly don't see anything of interest except on the same street as the illuminated temple, there's a couple of the city's peace keeping mercinaries dealing with a rather large drunken man who was busting up a shop. The two mercinaries would be described as; one of them look unervingly smooth faced with an unreadable nuetral expression even as he moved to pin the large man, and an energetic man with an odd assortment of clothes and a long thin pipe in his teeth and a large potatoe shaped nose.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm » Ti: I will run ahead to the boat, if you ask, Peri.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm » Ti: There must be a *reason* behind their path. Why the Empty City? Knowing that, or at least knowing more of this 'empty city', may give us the edge we need to save him. And.we.are.hurrying.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:46 pm » Hue: *glances back, worried*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 pm » Peri: *following at pace*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 pm » Peri: *voice still flat* There is no reason they would not have changed their plan since they were in the city. *generaly seems to have shut down- no expression*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 pm » Hue: *walks quickly*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 pm » alright then! rolling for any random encounters on the way
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 pm » Hue: Right, let's go.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 pm » Ti: The docks, and our captain-he may know, or know how to find out. Very likely, I'd say. We're going there anyway. I suggest *one* stop on the way-see if our priest friend is at her temple. If she's not, we don't wait. She did know about the dragons having a prisoner in the first place-obviuously, she has sources. Let's hurry.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm » Peri: *gritting his teeth*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm » Hue: There's the docks, where they were. Anywhere else?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:41 pm » Hue: *concerned* We can't waste time following every possible lead. Where are we most likely to learn as much as we can, as quickly as we can?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm » alright. So where are we going to gather info?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm » Peri: *falls silent*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm » Ti: Agreed.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm » Peri: I can either not be mad and snappish, or I can talk. Pick one.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm » Hue: ...Fine. Fine, we'll talk about this later. Right now we need to hurry.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm » Hue: Peri...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm » Peri: Just go where you want to gather information. I'll follow. Now I;m done talking.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm » Fist:*is the wroooooong person to go to about controlling emotions*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm » Fist: why? Anger good. Anger drives. Gives energy and will to crush foes.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:37 pm » Peri: But don't treat me like a child for not being able to handle this.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:37 pm » Peri: I'll follow. Fine.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:37 pm » Peri: I am trying so damned hard not to feel like Ex- like something stole my *life* away, and I am *distressed* thinking the last tie to it will be cut.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:36 pm » Ti: Fist? Will you give him agood shake?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm » Peri: He's the only part of my family who doesn't now think I;m *monster*, including the girl I raised. *tone is flat*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm » Hue: Peri, if you run after them now, then Sol help us both, I'll follow you. I will.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm » Ti: Peri. Shut. UP. *glares* You KNOW we're sticking with you. Don't snap at the person trying to HELP.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm » Hue: The other option is to find out more about them first! I am not asking you to take an hour in a tea shop, I'm asking you to do reconnaissance!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 pm » Peri: I;m sorry, should I hit the 'emotions off' switch? *snappish* Am I supposed to feel calmer by waiting?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 pm » Peri: I;m unclear what other option we're supposed to have other then going after them. They;ll still have Rassilon with them, and theyll still be who knows where he IS.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 pm » Hue: They want you to be frightened. They want you to be angry. They want you to be rash.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:32 pm » Hue: This entire exercise has been about playing on your emotions.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:32 pm » Hue: Peri. Listen to me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 pm » Peri: I;ll go by my damn self if I have to. But I;m not saying the dragons rites over someone I give a damn about.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 pm » Peri: I;m not happy waiting around until they decide to lay out on the go justice to my COUSIN.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 pm » Fist: pah trap. Walk in, break trap, break who laid trap.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 pm » Ti: Hue, when do you play a crooked wheel? When it's the only game in town.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:28 pm » Hue: Peri, let's not run headlong into another trap!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 pm » Peri: I think thats where they went, and I want to head directly there.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 pm » Is he saying so?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm » Peri wants to go right to the town.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm » So, what's next folks? still heading to the temple or straight for the boat?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:24 pm » To clear things up for the players: Denandsor was the city which became the fear suffused place, later called the Empty City by the locals, the original inhabitants who live in a new town nearby that they call Denandsor. most people just know about the Empty city though, since the new town isn't a big player in events
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:23 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm » Peri: It's not the fear suffuced place.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm » Peri: grey river.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm » Peri: Densandor is the town everyone FROM the abandoned town moved, near the grey city.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm » Peri: No, Densandor is inhabited.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm » Hue: People have written about it, if I'm thinking of the right one... it's supposed to be suffused with fear, as if some unfathomable horror was borne in the very air. A relic of a lost age, made into what it is now by a desperate ruler.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:19 pm » Ti: Hmm...not where I'd plan to take a vacation. Why on earth would the dragons go there? *shakes head*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:19 pm » Peri: I;m voting for Densandor.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:18 pm » and a few newer ones people wrote after spending some time in the city, about how paranoid it made them feel.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm » Hue remembers several old verses about the mad scramble to evacuate the city when everything went wrong, how the army that had surrounded the city had forced the leader of the city to set off whatever it is making the city so... wrong, in an effort to fight them off. how the city folk survived in their panic by overrunning the surrounding army.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm » 6,8,2,10,1, 7,4,5 (4 successes) Oh well, maybe it'll be amusing?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm » Peri: Close to the river, anyhow.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm » (( He's being descriptive.))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm » (sorry, not on the banks, relatively near, but not on the banks)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm » I'll take that. (Watch Hue remember some crazed verse about how terrifying it was, and tht be it.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm » Peri: 8taps his head* I may not have payed much attention to tutors, but it all stuck in here.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm » Peri: It's named for what the Empty City *was*, and it's on the banks of the Grey River.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm » Peri: ... Denandsor.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:12 pm » (Also I may use Third Lore Excellency to reroll regardless...)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:12 pm » hmmm, it can apply beard, but if you use that, all the info will be poetic in nature not necissarilly accurate
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 pm » I rolled, but forgot to ask if Lore: Poetry could possibly apply here. (Never hurts to ask, especially if someone may have written about it.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 pm » Peri knows that and that there's a town nearby called Denandsor, named for what the Empty City was originally called, it's inhabitants having fled there after the city became unlivable. He also knows it's southeast of Nexus, the Grey river coming close to it at one point.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:09 pm » ok Ti and Flim just know the Empty City is an abandoned city in the scavenger lands that no one can enter for long, not even the dragon blooded.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:08 pm » 6,9,7 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:08 pm » 8,9,7,1,10, 1,2 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 pm » 3,3,4,1,9, 7,3 (2 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 pm » Ti will
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:06 pm » ok, anyone wanting to do the same roll int + lore
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm » Peri is going to rack his memory for any refferences to the 'grey river and 'empty city'.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm » Sounds it. Good with everyone else?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 pm » alright, so heading to the Illuminated temple on the way back to the docks?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 pm » Ti: He/she did say that they dragons left town several hours ago.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm » Ti: ...Peri. The Emissary said the Grey River and the Empty City. Whatever that is. We need info on both. And directions. Directions would be nice. *smiles*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm » Fist: no. Most of time in fighting arena. New place, new people to fight.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:02 pm » Peri: *turns to Sensei* Know anyone in the city who'd know where they mighta gone?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:02 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm » Hue: *smiles at Ti*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm » Hue: We stay together, we stay stronger.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm » Hue: Not with impersonators and other such dangers.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm » Ti: I agree with Hue.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:59 pm » Hue: ...I'd rather we didn't.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:59 pm » Peri: We could ask at the gates if they were seen moving through. Split up?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm » Hue: I would suggest we talk to both regardless.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm » Ti: Or, if the temple is on the way, we could do both. Any other ideas?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm » Fist: let idiots try. *cracking knuckles*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm » Peri: I don't think they'll give up the chance to try and ambush us...
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm » Gah! I meant Ti!
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm » Peri: I suggest back to the docks and our friendly captain-to ask about the Grey River and Empty City. If he doesn't know, find our new friend at the temple and talk to her.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 pm » so, where are we all heading now?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 pm » Peri: If we think of a plan that needs that, we will. But they also heard us figuring out they can hear it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 pm » Flim: It might be useful if we wish to give them false information.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:53 pm » Hue's got about the same idea as Peri,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:53 pm » Peri: keep it- it doesn;t work if its muffled, and Rassilon will fuss if its stolen. Now lets move.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 pm » 9,10,4,3,4, 6 (3 successes) I have Third Lore but can't imagine it'd be worth it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 pm » Ti: *will wrap the stone up to muffle it, then tell the others all that* Your call Peri-keepm it or ditch it?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:51 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:49 pm » so far: Peri can think to place the stone in a thick bit of cloth to muffle any noise reaching it, that had happened once before when Rassilon tried using it on one case. Ti: thinks of the cloth idea but also that if you had a spell involving privacy it should cut it off, or anything that turned off sound. she also knows you *could* attune to it, but doing so would be very difficult. You'd need to not only beat the roll for normal attuning, but the opposed roll of the current stone holder, and each failure would *hurt*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:48 pm » *has lore excellency, but not sure spending more motes is a good idea...*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:47 pm » ((I never remember how manses work, but it's not that easy, right?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:46 pm » Flim: Couldn't one of us just attune the stone?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:46 pm » 1,10,6,1,9, 10,5 (5 successe
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm » 8,3,8,5,2, 3,2 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm » Peri will too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm » Peri smiles a little, lets her speak, and then brings it up to his mouth. "I am legally obligated to ask you to surrender yourself to the law." He will then look around for a rain barrel to huck it into. "If anyone has a thought, great. Otherwise, we need to hurry.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm » Ti will roll.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm » you can roll on ways to nuetralize it if you like int + lore or occult
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm » Hue: Is there any way to prevent being heard without discarding it? ...Could one of us attune to it?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm » Ti: Fist, I like how you think.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm » Ti: So, we leave it behind somewhere. If we get the chance to retrive it later, great! If we don't-well, losing the stone is better than letting them eavesdrop on us.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 pm » Fist: hello coawrds. Fist come break faces now. *speaking into the stone*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm » Flim: I think that's more likely
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm » Ti: Allright. We have to assume that one of them is. Great.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm » Ti: That means *Rass* can hear-doesn't mean they can. Unless one of them is attuned to it?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:40 pm » Peri: The attuned can hear anything said near it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:40 pm » Peri: ... oh, thats just sick. if he left this attuned to Rass, then he'd have been hearing his imposter trying to fool me. They know hes down, I;ll reckon. *to Ti* It's a Bug-Stone.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:40 pm » ...Welp.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:39 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:39 pm » it's a hearthstone that lets the person attuned to it hear what's going on near it no matter where the person is. Rassilon often placed it on a person or in a room he wanted to eavsdrop on.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:38 pm » Ti: Peri? Do you know what the heartstone does?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:38 pm » Jewel of whispers, Demo?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:38 pm » Peri: '...mother of dragons bless.' *looks down* That's rass' Hearthstone...
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:37 pm » Ti: *hands them to Peri*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:37 pm » right, there's not much on him, a few official documents for a Magistrate, probably taken from Rassilon, Rassilon's magistrate seal and... something Peri recognizes, Rassilon's jewel of whispers hearthstone.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:37 pm » (Hey, geneve, at least you have sticking keys to blame things on-I just can't type! ^_^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 pm » Peri: ... well. Let me take... just. Hold on a sec. *walks over to him, and folds his hands together, quioetly reciting something*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm » Ti: *nods, recaps flask, searches*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm » ((*MORE I wish my keys wouldn't stick))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:34 pm » Hue: I'm not certain he would want them. And no thank you, Ti. But that's wise. The mor we know... the less likely anyone else need die.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:33 pm » Ti: And, I'm still going to check his pockets before we go. Just...any info helps. Can't hurt to look.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:32 pm » Ti: *holds out a flask to Hue* ONE snort. Don't worry, that's not enough to get even a lightweight like you drunk. Consider it medicinal.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm » Peri: ... want to take a moment? Give him his rites?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm » ok, so where are you all going now?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm » Hue: *shakes head and stands upright* Yes. Right. ...Let's find Rassilon.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 pm » Ti: Come on, Hue. It'll be better out of this alley. *pats his shoulder*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 pm » Peri: ... I;m sorry, Hue.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:28 pm » Hue: *leans against wall* ...R-right. *doesn't look in too much of a hurry to move*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:27 pm » Ti:*deep breath* Let's..go. See if we can find out about this 'Empty City'.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:27 pm » Peri: ... judgments been passed. He died without feeling the pain of it, and thats a blessing enough. *to fist* Yeah, before they decide to make him less talky.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:26 pm » Fist: So snapdragon. We go rescue talky cousin?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:26 pm » Emissary: *walking away making no comment on anyone's words.*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:25 pm » face up? I thought he was face down, oops. (change that to blades appearing on chest ^.^;)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:25 pm » Hue: *very softly* but he was unconscious...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm » Peri: He's face up, sensei.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm » Fist: Bah, stabbing man in back. Cowardly justice.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm » Hue: *eyes widen, stiffens*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm » Peri: And we are witness to the Judgment. *short nod*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » Ti: Our deepest thanks. *bows her head*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » Peri: *startles!* .... *looks from the dragon blooded, to the Emissenary, and looks away, jaw tightening a little*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » Emissary: Judgement has been passed.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » (Well, I have enough compassion that I'm not heartless, and enough valor that I'm not cowardly, but neither is my primary virtue)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » Emissary: *casually whips xer arm up, three small knife blades almost seeming to appear in the dragon blooded's back, each hitting an artery from what Ti can tell* They went south by way of the Grey River. There was some mention of the Empty City.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm » Peri: *also may have been distraced by seeing a tiny kitty lunar- blames purple withdrawal*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:22 pm » (Hate to say it, but it might be for the best Hue didn't notice... D=)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:22 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm » Ti: *watches, closely*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm » Ti:*Thinking-'okay, no one would be foolish enough to impersonate the Emissaty and die painfully, even the dragons. I'd best not interfer, unless I want to fall afoul of xer dogma, too.'*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 pm » ok, Ti is the only one who notices anything. The Emissary seems to be about to throw something from xer stance, and it seems xer aim is the unconcious dragon blooded on the ground
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:17 pm » 2,6,6,5,5, 1,6,10,6,5 (2 successes) None of us are on the ball here.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:15 pm » 3,7,10,4,7, 4,6 (4 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:15 pm » 6,6,2,7 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm » Ti: Honored Emissary...I beg of you, would you tell us which direction they went-and by land or sea?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm » 2,1,6,4,4, 3,1 (botch x 2) Peri is completely wound up in FURY OF JUSTICE
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm » Peri: Jurisdiction follows the crime. *snort*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm » everyone, please roll another perception + awareness. ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:13 pm » Emissary: They would not be foolish enough to attack you within my city. They will wait for you at the outskirts of Nexus's jurisdixtion.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm » Hue: ...Ah. *sighs* Thank you, Emissary, for hearing us. *to Peri*... We'll find him. He'll be fine.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm » Ti:*winks at Fist*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm » Peri: *bows deeply* I respect the Law, and before that law, the justice that protects society, above all else. They have taken my family. I need a permit to cause Disruption of the Public while trying to get out of the city to pursue.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm » Fist: hmmph. *looks down her nose at Ti*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 pm » Emissary: I see. Your actions were acceptable then. I will tell you then, that the one known as Rassilon is no longer in the city. he was taken with the Hunt when they left the city several hours ago. It is obvious they set this situation up to frame you for wanton violence. Which would have meant your deaths at my hands, an attempt to use the authority of Nexus without truely possessing that authority breaks a Dogma.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 pm » Ti:*Will kick Fist's ankle lightly, if it seems she'll disagree*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm » Ti: We do not seek vengeance. We do not seek to battle our enemies. All we seek is the return of our beloved friend, relative, mentor-and none would be more delighted than we if that could be accomplished peacefully, and without bloodshed.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm » Peri will hand the letters over, and explain the code.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:08 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:08 pm » Ti: He even bragged of how we would never be able to leave Nexus without falling into their hands, that his companions would destroy us. That does not bode well for the one kidnapped.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm » Peri: And he would not, ever, in any right mind, consent to allowing anyone to impersonate himself to me.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm » ((Sorry! Pretend I did not sound stupid.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm » Peri: I do. *holds them up* It's a basic, private code he devised, that I have memorized.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm » Ti: The impersonator admitted to us, that he and his compatriots were holding Rassilon.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm » ((AUGH PROOFREADING PLEASE))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:05 pm » Hue: Peri, do you have the letter with you? With the extra page?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:05 pm » Hue: We also feared for our own lives. We have reason to believe that this man and certain companions of his are in this city for the sole purpose of attempting to end our lives. We also believe it is for this reason that the other person was held for this reason.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:04 pm » Emissary: Do you have proof that the one being impersonated is held against their will?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 pm » ((Yeah, misspelled.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 pm » ((I think you mean Ti?))
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 pm » Ti: We fear for the life of the one being impersonated. Honored Emmisary, the imposted was chased by the authority of a family member chasing a kidnapper, when death is the feared outcome. A shopkeeper will chase a thief, to turn him over to the authorities. A man will rush into a burning house not his own-tresspassing technically, to save the life of one within. I plead emergeny circumstances-not to save belonging, not to extract vengance-but to save a life. And indeed, the imposter attacked first.,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 pm » Peri: *Thi, Flim
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 pm » Peri:... Right. Thi? And if you guys could confirm for me if he struck first?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:00 pm » Hue: Peri. I don't think anyone has any doubts about... what we are anymore. I at least have no objections with explaining everything fully.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:59 pm » Emissary: The magistrates of the isle have no authority within Nexus's walls. Explain your stance of self defense.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:58 pm » hello again :)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:58 pm » Peri: We can also claim self defense, unless I was mistaken.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 pm » Peri is going to look at Hue, and Thi. "...I am unsure if I am at the liberty to claim our authority, at least not without the clearance of my friends. I once had the authority of the isles Magistrates, but I do not beleive it applies any longer."
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm » Emissary: On what athority were you apprehending the impersonator?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:54 pm » Peri: *nods* And as for the impersonator, we were apprehending him in a pursuit. He was given all chance to cease, and cooperate.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:54 pm » Emissary: The charge of wanton violence between Fist Which Holds No Mercy and Snap Dragon is dropped then.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:53 pm » Fist: I'd be insulted if he hadn't. *grins predatorily at the masked individual*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:53 pm » Hue: *nooot saying anything yet because Peri is the one who knows the law*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:53 pm » Emissary: *seems to look between peri and Fist* Is this true Fist Which Holds No Mercy?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:52 pm » Peri: ... Greeting ritual between a sensei and a pupil- violence perhaps, but not *wanton*. It's cultural.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 pm » Emissary: I have been informed that there were several instances of wanton violence in this area of the city. Between the ones known as Fist Which Holds No Mercy and Snap Dragon. As well as one act of wanton violence towards the man impersonating one Rassilon.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:50 pm » Ti: *very still, waiting*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:49 pm » Peri: I am of course, willing to cooperate with the law of Nexus, but affairs eventuated with expedience in a manner that overtook us. *bows his head*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 pm » The Emissary is the highest authority in Nexus and has never even been seen to be struck by an enemy, much less hurt. Xe also seems to know everything that occurs in the city no matter how well people hide things. Xe only has the dogma that xe truely enforces, but there are only two punishments for breaking the dogma, banishment and death.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm » Hue: This is good, I think. Now maybe we can handle the issue in a more honest and less ridiculous manner.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm » (What do we know about The Emissary?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm » Peri: *LAW MODE*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 pm » Peri: I sincerely apologize for doing so in a manner of public discord, but we were forced to give chase so as not to lose track of valuble information regarding said kidnapped and impersonated man of the law, who is also my close family member.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 pm » Peri: ...Hello, sir or madame. *salutes* Honor to meet you. Were dealing with a case of extortion, impersonation of an officer of the law, and kidnapping.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm » Ti: Stands up*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm » *jury
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm » Even having never met xer before, you all know this person from descriptions given to you before. It's the Emissary of Nexus. The highest athority. Judge, jusry and executioner often.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm » Hue: Let's not make assumptions. And, let's do as they ask.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm » Ti: *Looks up* Greaat...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm » Hue sees them first, the person is dressed in pure white robes with small gold accents, and a perfectly smooth mask of a pearly white material of some sort. It's a featureless mask, just a half dome over their face.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm » Hue: ...*taps Ti on the shoulder*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 pm » Hue: No, we are not going to... oh.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:40 pm » ok, as Ti starts searching the unconcious impersonator, Hue notices, barely, a person walking up the alley in your direction, they managed to walk so quietly and smoothly that the rest of you didn't even notice their approach, until they speak. Their voice somehow both light and silvery, almost a sung whisper, but able to cut through the air to be perfectly heard."stop."
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:40 pm » Ti: *nods* Or, we could make him puke, too. Nothing says drunk like vomit down your shirt.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:40 pm » Peri: Yeup.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:39 pm » Hue: ...If we are going to do this, at least be sure to get some in his mouth?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 pm » Ti: Better disarm him while he's out.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 pm » Ti will also check up the sleeves and in the boots for weapons, after checking his pockets-and looking for hidden pockets.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:37 pm » 6,5,10,8,7, 7,4 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:36 pm » Ti: *starts searching th downed dragon* Maybe he'll ahve some handy memos in his pockets.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:35 pm » Peri: I never thought I;d say this, but sometimes I miss being in a position of slightly corrupt power. Alright, drunk and disorderly it is.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:34 pm » Ti: That the dragons had aprisioner, and were just waiting on transport?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:33 pm » Ti: Tempting as that is, Peri, it's a tad impractical. Lugging an unconcious guy to the docks-even if no one recognizes him-then finding a bribable captain wh won't either turn us in, or take our bribe, then free him anyway? But, the docks are good. remember the priest we talked to, and the rumor she heard?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:33 pm » Fist:(3 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:33 pm » Peri: Look, in my family, we fixed things with a fast ship. Thats All I;m saying.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm » 4,5,5,5,10, 1,5 (2 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm » Ti: *winks at Hue*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm » 9,6,1,4,3, 2,2 (1 success) Ti: *Oblivious*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm » Hue: ...*facepalm*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:30 pm » Ti: We could strip hime, pour a little booze on him, have him hauled in for a drunk and disorderly. *smiles*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:30 pm » oh, and would everyone roll perception + awareness?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:30 pm » And Peri was voting for bribing a ship captain to carry him towards the water pole.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 pm » you did.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 pm » Yep.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 pm » We knocked him out, right?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:28 pm » ok, I'm ready to begin. last time we left off you all had caught and interogated the dragon blooded who had been impersonating Rassilon.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:23 pm » excellent! one sec while I make sure I have my notes right for this game
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:22 pm » Yep!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:20 pm » righto. what about you beard, battery properly recharged? ^.^
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 pm » Again, probably 10-15 minutes fro MJ to get back, but we can start without him and he can catch up.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:18 pm » Yep yep.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:18 pm » anyway, we all here and ready for exalted fun?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:17 pm » Hah! Lucky. I watered with a swelter on.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:16 pm » eh, we have TREES in our backyard and there was a really nice breeze today, so actually not all that bad a day at all.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:15 pm » Woo, chores in the sun, man.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:15 pm » and back from mowing the lawn. ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:13 pm » Righto.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:12 pm » Well, now Mj's gone to pick mup the kiddo. But we can start without him.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:10 pm » Same here.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 pm » Back!
SoItBegins « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:26 pm » See you later!~
SoItBegins « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:26 pm » I can't log out of this or I'll lose the recorded chat, but I'll log in as ME when it comes time to play.
SoItBegins « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:26 pm » Sorry, not Sib. It's a Jane in sheep's clothing. :mrgreen:
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:26 pm » Er, Jane. ^^
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm » Hi, Sib.
SoItBegins « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm » (Oh, and just to be clear: This is JN, despite what it says re: the account. Stupid auto-login...)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm » Heh, I've been putting off mowing my yard, too.
SoItBegins « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm » (Hi! I've got Chat recording, so I should be able to read through the full sess today. Probably won't be here for a lot though.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 pm » and bbl, hopefully it won't take too long, but it is a big back yard and has been left to grow due to lots of rain for a while ^.^;
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 pm » Actualy, I need togo water, myself. I;ll be back in a bit.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 pm » no problem beard. ^.^ I need to mow the lawn at some point today and it's relatively nice out for once
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » No trouble a'tal.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » Aww, sweetie. It's totally fine.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » I'll get myself properly woken up.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » Sorry for the trouble.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » Sounds great.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » ok, nap time for me :)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:21 pm » Sounds good.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:20 pm » right. in that case I'm glad I planned for a long break between the two groups. :D what we'll do is take an hour before starting. I'll go mow the lawn like I was going to after running the solars, then we start this group. then lunars at 9 like planned ^.^ sound good to everyone?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm » I don't mind waiting.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm » Same.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm » I'm flexible
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm » Doesn't matter to me.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:18 pm » ok, shall we start one person down or does everyone want to wait for the full group?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:18 pm » go ahead
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm » *nods* understandable
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm » If nobody minds?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm » so I may not be 100% here, sorry. ^^;
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm » Would taking a little bit before the game help?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm » making that annoying "put me on the charger already" sound
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm » Hopefully. It's just that my social interaction battery was all charged up and now it's flashing red
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:15 pm » I really hope the rest of your day goes better beard. Will exalted's help? ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:15 pm » "See, you have problems with agoraphobia. Allow me to demonstrate this by shoving you into the mall of america."
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:15 pm » the only point that illustated is how much of a **** the paper pusher was.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:14 pm » the person who did this was lucky they didn't get slapped as a reflex action
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:14 pm » A jerk.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 pm » wow. who would think that was a good idea?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 pm » ....*face in hands* Thats... not appropriate.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 pm » This was in response to having difficulty articulating a thought, and did not improve my ability to articulate that thought.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:11 pm » bwah?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:10 pm » ....because the best way to demonstate you have a fear of spiders is to shove a spider in your face.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:09 pm » It involved having a paper plate unexpectly shoved about an inch in front of my nose to illustrate a point about how I am a type of person who doesn't deal well with unexpected obstacles yet.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:09 pm » *hands Tinker coffee*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm » Uh oh, geneve!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm » I... slept in too late, because I had to take a sleeping pill, so I;ve been up for about an hour.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm » Yepyep.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm » I had a sneak attack social interaction this afternoon.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:07 pm » loverly
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:07 pm » how's everyone doing today?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm » hidy.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm » Heya.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm » Mmm, ice tea. Don't mind if I do.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 pm » heh, heya folks.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:05 pm » *brings bean dip and iced tea*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:04 pm » hello all :)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:03 pm » Drat. *snitches some cheetos instead*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:02 pm » heh, good luck with that. :P
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 pm » *angles a mirror to glimpse behind screen*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 pm » *sets up DM screen*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 am » Jane: [waves goodnight @ Chic]
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 am » zzz...
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 am » You have a good night as well, Chic. :)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:42 am » Goodnight, Geneve.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am » Have a good night's rest, Geneve. :)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am » Goodnight all.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am » I have to stop DOING this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am » Augh, it is nearly 3 am.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:36 am » It's very good. I'm quite fond of some of today's page-league of villains.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:34 am » Yes, I get behind on it, but I read it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:32 am » Oh, by the way, do you read Everyday Heroes?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:29 am » O HAI Chic!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:29 am » Good to hear.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 am » hmm...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 am » *actually
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 am » That ctually is something I was going for. =3
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 am » I dunno...
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 am » Inner strength? The strength to survive an otherwise 'no-one-could-survive-that' thing?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 am » Hmm... 'strength' could mean a lot of things....
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 am » They help each other in ways no one else possibly could, and both get free. Beyond that, not sure. Really I think I need to develop them as people more before settling too surely on the plot points.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:17 am » What sort of thing are you going for re: the escape?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:17 am » Thanks for letting me ramble on about it. ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am » And welcome. ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am » But neither of those feel quite right yet.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am » *escape

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am » ssxp: 4xp for everyone and +1 to Zoe and Kyra
Professor Zobot « Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am » *down with it
Professor Zobot « Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am » I'm down
Demothesis « Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am » alright. and that's it for tonight folks. we'll pick up at the same time next saturday?
Claire « Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:00 am » Zoe: *is tired*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 pm » heh, Sai gets to see the mirror shimmer and show the hallway on the otherside instead of a reflection suddenly, and easily done. leading him to a hallway with intricate designs on all the walls, though with blank spots in the shape as doors spaced at random along the hallway
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 pm » *her
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 pm » Hm. Ok, If Sai can figure out how, he'll follow here
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm » Zoe's going to spend a mote to activate the mirror and step through.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm » Sai: If this book t'was here, it arf no longer.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 pm » the mirror looks like a full body mirror with 5 small circles lightly traced in the glass. Zoe knows it's the mirror that led to the hallway
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 pm » Is this the same mirror as before?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 pm » Sai: ... to here... *He paces over to the mirror, and looks into it* But it ends here... *he puts a paw on the mirror. What does it look like?*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:55 pm » SaiOOC: Huh. The Wyld smells of Stramango.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:55 pm » they're mostly boring stuff about trade agreements and how much of what people are bringing into the city
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 pm » Anything written on the paper or are they blank?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 pm » The drawer has nothing but a few sheets of paper in it, though it definitely has enough left over space to fit a book the right size
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:53 pm » Sai: From here... *opening the drawer to look itno it*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:53 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:53 pm » like someone took every scent Sai could imagine and stirred them up in a pot and added an extra dash of how people smell when they're crazy. How crazy has a scent Sai has no idea, but he knows it smells like this if nothing else.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:53 pm » Sai: I smell... a trail of... something strange...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:52 pm » Seriously though, Sai is going to move to the drawer to examine it first, and then if he can't find anything unusual there, he'll move over to the mirror to look into it
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm » ...what does the Wyld smell like, anyway? I'm hardly complaining, just curious
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm » ok, Sai smells some faint traces of wyld in the room, they originate in a drawer of the desk, and travel to the mirror before dissapearing
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm » 2,10,8,6,10, 7,9,9,1 (8 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm » Ok then
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm » no, the bonus wouldn't increase any
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:48 pm » Hm. If he turns into a full wolf does he get more of a bonus? he just has a +2 from his mutation
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:48 pm » righto. perception + awareness, with the bonus Sai's sense of smell gives
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:47 pm » Ok... Demo, Sai will close his eyes and try to use his oddly high CANINE stat to try and identify any weird scents or sounds in the general area.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:47 pm » Sai: Perhaps.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 pm » Zoe: I mean it has wyld in it, and Kyra was previously able to smell wyld while a canine. Seeing that you are currently a canine, I was hoping that you would be able to detect the book via the wyld in it using the same method.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm » Sai: ...how literally doth thou mean smells?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm » Azumamaro: yes, apparently it smells like the wyld?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 pm » Sai: In any event, you hath a book to find?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 pm » Sai: The paw.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 pm » Zoe: The paw or the chimera?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:43 pm » Sai: I'd sooner be able to tell you why a rooster crows. Mayhaps t'was trying to anger her? If that was it, it didn't work. But Grang believed we could identify it with the right knowledge.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm » Zoe: ...why?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm » Sai: There's a chimera here. Hunting people. Devouring people. And it sent Whisper a severed lunar paw.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm » Azumamaro: I think we may have a couple more guards to spare if thaty'll help any sir.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 pm » Zoe: Ah.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm » Sai, well, sighs. "I'll help you, but we may need your assistance. We've found Lady Whisper... And something's hunting her."
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm » Zoe: Is that a no?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 pm » Sai: ...something that smells of Wyld? Ugh, too much Wyld in this city...
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm » Zoe: ...not with transportation, but yes. We're attempting to find something that smells of Wyld.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm » Grang: *goes back to the door, twiddles thumbs*
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 pm » Sai will step in, in full warform, his anima still fading. "Transportation? I'm good moving things. Lady Zoe, may I assist?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:35 pm » No worries.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:35 pm » I was waiting for Sai to do something.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:35 pm » Sorry, I am here.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:33 pm » she should be here momentarilly
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 pm » Ok, so how are we going to do this? is Claire going to return from AIM? Or what?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 pm » it doesn't take long to find Zoe and the guard captain in the acting matron's office discussing looking for the book, walking in as zoe says... "...I may need assistance with transportation."
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 pm » Grang: *staying in one spot*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 pm » Ok. Sai is going to go find Zoe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 pm » but we've got too many people going solo right now. Too divided. Time to get people back together and compare notes, or so Sai feels
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 pm » right, then back in the townhall, well, when he arrives the guards are happy enough to point him in the direction of Zoe and apparently the Guard Captain
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm » Kyra is going to be a harder one to find because Sai has no CLUE where she went
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm » She was staying behind to figure out what was going on with the matron while Sai and Grang went hunting
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm » Just before we went looking for the Chimera, as I recall
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 pm » right. where did he see her last?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm » it wouldn't be easy, but he's rather worried.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm » Ok, Sai is going to look around for Zoe and Kyra. Specifically, he's going to where he saw Zoe last and trying to extrapolate her position from there via scent, if that's possible
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 pm » Sai: My thanks.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 pm » Grang: *shrugs* If you wish to try and find them, I'd be happy to keep watch.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 pm » Sai: I would like to check up on Lady Zoe and Lady Kyra. One of us should watch Whisper, howlever.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm » Sai: ...well, seems a bit morbid, but if you desire it, I've no reason to hound you about it.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm » Grang: From what little I know of the beasts, insane is apt. And I'd actually like to hang on to it at the moment... though I'm not an expert, it's possible that what we see of these tattoos can at least help us identify whose it was.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm » (Maybe it wanted to give you a hand with your investigation?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm » Sai: Best we burn it. Tis no purpose to leaving it here.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 pm » Sai: or both.\
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 pm » Sai: Hm... either this creature is insane, or there's a point here we arf not aware of.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm » Grang: Thing's practically mummified...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm » Grang: Anyways, it seems like this is either a more obtuse clue than we thought, or the chimera thinks we won't know the difference between an anchient hand and a new one.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm » Retract that statement
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm » Sorry, sorry. My bad. Typed before I thought
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm » Wait, Sai doesn't knwo that
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm » Sai: The empty city.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:16 pm » the medical check reveals that this hand is very old, mumified honestly, though the cut is recent.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm » Grang: *shrugs* It was a package for her, and I had to check that it didn't have a special meaning.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 pm » oh, ok. righto ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm » Sai: *Looking at Grang* Next time, we wake her for naught less than a burning inn.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm » Well, I was going to ask what Grang found out with his med check
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm » so, what will you do with the hand?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm » Whisper: *flops back down on the couch and starts snoring almost immediately.*
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 pm » Ok
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm » OK.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm » ok, too much in one thread. so Grang and Sai will be here. Zoe and Kyra will be in their respective AIMs ^.^
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm » (Kyra is talking to the three guards who are coming with her, right? Or are they guarding the tunnel?)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm » Grang: *seven successes on med check*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm » Wait, which room? Where am I? Are we back at the office?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » If it's that old, than the chance is probably pretty horrible. Nevermind
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » (sorry, who's Kyra talking to?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » Azumamaro: So miss Zoe, shall we search this room now?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » Kyra: Okay... come on. [following the footprints]
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » yes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » I was just checking. If it's a severed hand, there's a chance Sai could track the scent. But it'd be a worse chance the older it is, and much easier wtih a fresh scent of blood
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » Int+med?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm » The footprints go down the nearest tunnels Kyra.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:08 pm » as for the hand, it doesn't seem to be fredh, though exact age would require a medical roll
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:08 pm » Whisper: nah, it's just a chimera that thinks it's being clever in it's sadism. killed some lunar and now it's shoving that in my face. I'm not impressed
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm » Demo, does the severed hand seem... fresh? Juicy, maybe?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm » Sai: It's telling us to go somewhere.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 pm » Whisper: *examines the hand and snorts* well, it's a horrible failure of bait at that. I'm goin' back to sleep.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 pm » Ah. Which way goeth the footprints?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 pm » Grang: I know, right? And it's not bait if it doesn't tell you to go anywhere. It's taunting. I don't suppose you feel up to looking at a lunar hand?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 pm » As for the cave: there are a few tunnels leading off the huge cavern, maybe four of them.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm » Sai: ...It's bait. Something's trying to draw you out.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm » Whisper: *looks slowly at Sai and gives him a flat look* Sai, you are a horrible liar.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm » Grang: Sai... that's not what you need to tell her. She'd rather find out about it now than later.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 pm » Sai: We heard a noise but it wasn't anything
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 pm » (Exalted heal crippling injuries automatically, including regrowing the affected limbs IIRC. Question is— was this from a live Lunar, or a dead Lunar?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 pm » Sai: ...*ears droop* Nothing. Go back to sleep. Sorry.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 pm » inside the package is a severed hand, with what Grang can identify as lunar tattoos on it. Whisper leans up a bit, blinking. "What now...?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 pm » Sai: Whisper... wake up for a moment...\
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm » How many exits are there? Besides the one Kyra and co. just came out of?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm » Grang: *after telling Sai to wake up Whisper*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm » Kyra: All right... [looks around]
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm » Grang: *eventually opens package*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm » alright, a few minutes later Kyra has a trio of guardsmen to escort her in the caves and Azumamaro and Zoe are back in the hallway.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm » The package gives no response to being poked Grang. though there's definitely something in there.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm » Zoe: *nods*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 pm » Azumamaro: Thank you miss. *motions to Zoe* Shall we return ma'am?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 pm » Kyra: [nods] I'll wait here.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm » Grang: *cautiously poking package*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm » Azumamaro: Right. Will you wait long enough for me to gather a few guards miss Kyra?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm » Yeah. I forgot about the stuff from the Solar side of things
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm » you forgot the dragon blooded heading this way Zo~
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm » Zoe: Yes, that seems wise. While I am not likely to be beneficial in combat here, reinforcements for Kyra may also be wise.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 pm » Zombies and Chimera and Raksha oh my
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm » Azumamaro: Hmmm, we should probably post guards at the entrance to the hallway we came here from, just in case.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm » Kyra: You may go back, if you want. I suspect there's something of a problem ahead. That... zombie knew where it was going.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm » Azumamaro:*doesn't need it, he's a local and isn't affected at this distance from the center*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm » Kyra: Great. Here again.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm » Kyra's Dodge MDV = 7
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm » Zoe: Lovely. At least we know that the citizendry are likely safe from this particular being. I believe we should leave quickly? *(MDV 4)*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm » 3 successes for the city's miasma roll. mdvs?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 pm » A moment later you all feel that odd sensation of wrongness that comes from the Empty city.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 pm » Hee
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 pm » Azumamaro follows, and you all end up falling on your sides once through as gravity switches to what was your side before, in the middle of a large dusty room with a single door ripped from the hinges relatively recently, showing a darkened cave, lit by little essence lanterns spread through it, revealing it to be enormous.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm » Zoe: *steps through*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:47 pm » Azumamaro: *nods* let's
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm » Zoe: Shall we proceed?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm » Kyra: I think the... er, mirror... must have been tilted on the other side.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 pm » There are indeed footprints in the dust, and they seem to line up with the floor on the room despite it looking to be tilted to the side.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 pm » Zoe: *checks dust for footprints*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm » the blank spot on the wall shimmers for a moment then shows a room at an odd angle, like the room looks to be sideways from the door's perspective, and everything in the room seems to be in dissarray, and had been for some time, since dust covers everything.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm » Kyra: This was DEFINITELY made for Exalted.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm » Zoe: *glowing*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm » Zoe: *puts a mote of essence in*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm » it does require essence to open, yes
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm » Is it an essence door?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:38 pm » Kyra: The zombie went through this door, here. [points @ the end of the passageway]
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm » Kyra: .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm » and elsewhere! Azumamaro, Zoe and Kyra are in a strange hallway!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm » Attendant: of course sir. have a good night.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 pm » Grang: *shrugs* It's not your fault. Still, thanks for delievering.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai smells nothing out of the ordinary, probably distracted by someone next door using a ton of shampoo and perfume.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm » Man, I roll more botches than anyone in this game
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm » Botch! Gah. Oh well
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm » Attendant: sorry sir...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm » *Jaw drop* 6,3,5,5,4, 3,6,1 (botch x 1)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 pm » Grang: *sighs* ...That's greatly reassuring.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm » roll perception + awareness Zo
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm » Attendant: They didn't leave a name and well, they were in a heavy traveling cloak.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm » Grang: Or did they leave a name?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm » Ok. Sai's in warform so his nose is much more enhanced. Is he smelling anything weird?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 pm » Grang: *takes the package gingerly* ...And did you see who delivered it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm » Attendant: Not sure sir. *hands over a small messily wrapped package.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm » Sai: *ears perk*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm » yes he does
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm » Grang nods. "Yes, she is. What's the message?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm » Does Sai hear this?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 pm » Right Grang will see one of the inn's attendants approaching down the hall. "Ah sir, the front desk was given a message to deliver to a miss Whisper of the Passing Adder.. is she with you?"
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 pm » Hm
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:28 pm » Literally in the doorway, door open. It's the only way he can keep an eye on all the entrances at once...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 pm » Sai: No one in the city is while that thing is howling and pawing at the doors.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:26 pm » is Grang in the inn room's doorway? or jsut standing inside the room with the door closed?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:26 pm » Grang: *nod* Unfortunately, I don't know who's free to tell her...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:25 pm » DesusOOC: *Is probably harder to report as a public nuisance because he can burrow to hide and escape
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm » Zoe: *has previously tried to report children as public nuisances, and it did not work*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm » Ok. 8m. Nice. Ok. Sai is going to look over at Grang. "Someone ought to tell Lady Zoe and Lady Kyra woof we found and what we've discovered:
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm » Zoe is annoyed by all things I think
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm » Zoe: *can still be annoyed by things*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm » Gah, ment public nusiance
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm » (Desus in his second form is a living incarnation of the Cleeseocratic Theory... a theory stating that anything sufficiently adorable can go anywhere without being obstructed because people will in general consider it not a threat or a danger regardless of if it is or not)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm » I'm back!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 pm » when we last left off with Sai and Grang they were staying at the Inn room, relaxing somewhat. it's been a couple hours and so both have recovered 8m total in that time.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 pm » Zoe: *wishes children could be classified as public menaces*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 pm » and yeah
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 pm » Shun:*shrugs* at least you didn't accidentally something dangerous.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 pm » Ok, so are we ready to start?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:20 pm » Desus: ...sorry daddy... *offers him the cheese in recompence*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:20 pm » Desus: Uh... but... *looks dissapointed as the circle starts to glow, and in a puff of smoke! There's cheese in the center of it! Desus has learned "Summon: Gouda!" The most frivilous first circle spell ever!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:19 pm » Shun: Desus. What did we say about carving occult things you find in books in the ground at random?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 pm » Desus: *Looking in the other book* Ooooooo... *Scampers off, leaving behind the other book on a page that looks like a sorcerer's circle of some sort, and is scraping what he saw in the book on the ground out of curiousity*
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm » Ti: *wondering where her herb book got to*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 pm » Desus: *Really just snagged books at random, is pretty curious for a little guy*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 pm » Grang: *settles down next to Desus, and helpshim sound things out*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm » Shun: you're my son, you'll learn fast.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm » Zoe: While I approve of the use of phoetics over memorization, I do not find your volume appropriate.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm » Desus: Reading is HARD.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 pm » Desus: *Sounding words out* A-pro-pri-ate for c-c-con-cern, ni-night-sha-de is ver-ry dead-ly to- *reading a book about herbs*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm » Zoe: *is really more concerned because he seems very young*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm » Pfff.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm » Desus: *Operates under the same bizarre rules that would allow a pony to use a pencil by holding it in it's mouth. Through essence or something*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm » Zoe: It is still cause for concern.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm » Shun: I don't think it counts as biting if it doesn't leave a mark
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm » Desus: *Gently nipping a page and turning it without leaving bitemarks*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm » Desus: *Is lucky he's made of Jade and doesn't drool*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm » Zoe: ...he just BIT one fo the pages.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm » Shun: She's one of Echo's students, so she's sort of an auntie. And he does that sometimes. Don't worry, he takes good care of them and returns them when you ask
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm » Desus: *Turning a page with his mouth*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm » Zoe: He is taking my books.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm » Desus: *Looks at Zoe, then back at Shun* ...auntie?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm » Shun:Desus are you bothering your grumpy auntie?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:06 pm » Desus: Kweee! *Has two books! Is still learning how to read, though*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 pm » Grang: *picks up one off the pile and tosses it to Desus* Here, you just have to give it back if she needs to read it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 pm » Desus: *Sits on his tail and sneaks a book out of Zoe's backpack while she's not looking and scampers off with it in his maw*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm » Zoe: You may not read one of my books. I need them. *ignoring Grang*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm » Grang: He looks adorable doing it
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm » Desus: Can I read a book, then?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm » Grang: Aww, give the kid a break.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm » Zoe: It is much less likely to result in panic or physical violence.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 pm » Desus: I... *honestly never considered that option*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm » Zoe: Might I suggest asking what things are and are not made of jade in the future, rather than simply nudging them while making incomprehensible noises.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:58 pm » Desus: I wouldn't bite you! You're not jade! Bluh!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm » Such as my campaign
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm » Heh. Sai wouldn't mind more either, but it gives me time to work on other projects.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm » Zoe: If you bite me I will stab you.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm » Grang can always use more spotlight
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm » Pshaw
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:53 pm » Desus: *Nudging Zoe to see if she's made of jade* Kwar?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 pm » Dude, Wally and I sorta dominated last time. I can wait
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm » kk
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm » Grang: *is watchful!*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm » Alright ^_^
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm » ok, well then we'll take a short break while I fetch food for myself as well. sorry we haven't done much with you Wally and Zo, things went different directions than I thought ^.^; I should have something for you when I'm back with foods
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm » (Wut-oh. I have to go to dinner.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm » Kyra: The zombie tore that wall down.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm » Azumamaro: ... Well *looks back at the end of the hall, where it breaks into the crypts* That's definitely the crypts there.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 pm » Zoe: *glances at Azumamaro* Are you able to determine anything about these locations?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm » Kyra: The zombie went this way... [walks to the blank spot at the end of the passage]
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm » Kyra: They're all activated the same way.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm » Kyra: Those blank spots are the doors.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 pm » Sai: Woof.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 pm » Hmm
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 pm » the hallway is long and narrow, made of some strange metal, the walls are covered with strange interlocking intricate designs with blank spots along the wall at random intervals.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm » GC: My name is Azumamaro.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm » Kyra: [musing, in the passage] I doubt this passage was constructed recently. My guess would be the first age, actually... I wonder what it was used for, and how many people knew about it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm » Um, describe it for everyone else, Demo?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm » the hallway is just as Kyra left it, though the markings by the door they entered from are glowing a bit.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm » Zoe: *to Guard Captain* What is your name?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm » GC: follows, hand on sword handle
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm » Kyra: [walks through the mirror]
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm » Zoe: *will follow Kyra*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:36 pm » Guard Captain: I'm coming with. We'll have a few guards watch the room to make sure it remains untouched while we work. lead on ma'am. *motions to the mirror*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 pm » Zoe: *to the Guard Captain* Are you going to come with us, so that we have access to someone with extensive knowledge of the layout of the city, or shall you stay here and search for the book? *touches circles, her anima flaring as she sends the mote of essence*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:33 pm » Kyra: Yes. I attacked them, tore flesh, cracked bone, got wounded in the process, that sort of thing. Anyway, we're kind of short on time here! Could you activate the passage? I'm running low on motes. [points out the mirror, with five circles barely visible in the glass] You touch those circles and send a mote of Essence down them.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm » Zoe: Were these, then, not the recently-killed raiders that we had been examining?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » Kyra: Flesh was regrowing on them.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » Zoe: Thank you.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » Kyra: They were partially skeletal.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » (Hi!)
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » Zoe: I feel this is a nontrivial point.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm » Zoe: Crack propagation is generally a property of stone, not interconnected tissue. I would like to know if you are misusing the terminology, punch much harder than even 'drastic physical force' suggests, or the physical characteristics of the beings in question had been altered.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 pm » so, what will you two be doing?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm » Guard Captain:*getting a few guards to infomr the city watch that the zombie may be out in the city while Zoe and Kyra talk*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm » I would have paid to have watched what happened with Kyra
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm » (Kyra has Claws of the Silver moon active, so... yeah.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:26 pm » Kyra: They shattered because of repeated drastic physical force, i.e. me punching them.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:26 pm » Zoe: I am not familiar with the physical property of corpses that enables them to shatter.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:26 pm » Kyra: If you want to be REALLY sure, you can use countermagic on corpses.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm » Kyra: I attacked them until they shattered.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm » Zoe: Kyra, how did you determine that the re-animated corpses are permanantly 'dead' this time?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm » Zoe: A message not to bring further corpses into the city should probably be relayed to someone, however.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm » Zoe: This does seem more urgent than the location of the book in question, unless you believe the town's defences are currently in great danger.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm » (By the way— Kyra's REALLY glowing brilliant silver. All her tattoos are blazing.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 pm » Kyra: Come on. [gestures at the mirror]
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 pm » Kyra: The zombie went through the hallway on the other side to its end, walked through the wall there— I don't know how it got through, as I don't think it could have spent motes— and it's probably over there now.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:22 pm » Kyra: I don't know where it is. I know which way it went. To access the passages— you have to touch the five circles on this mirror, toss a mote in... and then walk through the mirror.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: Useful information. And you are unable to determine the location of the last one?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 pm » Guard captain: could it be in the city somewhere?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 pm » Kyra: One's... it came down these passages.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm » Kyra: Four of them are now re-dead.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm » Kyra: "Zombie": Dead raider, reanimated by those sphere things.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm » Zoe: A definition of your use of the word 'zombie' would be appreciated.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm » Guard Captain: ah, alright... she looks... unique.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm » Kyra: I was following one last zombie— it went down a different passageway. I have NO idea who paid its mote fee.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm » Zoe: *to Guard Captain* Kyra was sent with me by the elder Echo.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm » Kyra: There's a network of secret passages leading from the crypt to here, as well as about a dozen other places. They require essence to open the entrances/exits.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm » Kyra: Name's Kyra. Zoe will vouch for me.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm » Zoe: Is your existance in this location a sign that we need not worry about the possession of townsfolk with magitech artifacts, or the exact opposite?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:18 pm » Guard captain:*hand on sword handle* and you are?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:18 pm » Kyra: Hiya.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 pm » the person in question looks to be Kyra, sort of only with the addition of bird parts and an extra foot or two of height.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 pm » Someone we recognize?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 pm » Zoe: While I am not aware of the current status of the town's defenses- ...?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 pm » and as he opens the door the two of you see someone standing in front of a mirror against the wall.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 pm » Guard Captain: True. Then should we hand it over when we find it? *unlocking the office room*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm » Sai: *Regaining essence*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 pm » Zoe: At the very least, a book capable of altering the minds of those who read it and driving them into a coma should likely be found and contained, if nothing else.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 pm » Zoe: While the identity of the person who would want it is a mystery, I would suspect that the being responsible for the escaped bit of wyld would desire its return, although again that requires a lot of supposition.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 pm » Guard Captain: ah, interesting. Who would want a piece of the wyld though? *thinking as they walk*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 pm » Zoe: I believe the book may be imbued with some essence of wyld, resulting in the Matron's behavior, and the scent of wyld in the main tent of the raider's camp may be related. The question of why they would not specify the item the desired could be posed regardless of the item in question, but if they are uncertain of which item contained the wyld they sought, that is one potential reason.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm » Guard Captain: Sadly, there's just me. So, moving on, and hoping for the best. So you believe this book is what the artifact raiders are after? Why wouldn't they just say they want "mysteries of the Mind, the book" back?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 pm » Zoe: Searching her office would likely be worthwhile, however.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 pm » Zoe: *nods* If you employ or know of someone with excessive prior experience searching locations for hidden items, that person could be valuable in going over previous locations for things we may have missed.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:02 pm » Guard Captain: perhaps her office?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm » *uses much more Buffy Speak than Zoe does*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm » A mind controlly book...
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 pm » Zoe: This is not an ideal result. She was very clearly lying when she said that she did not know where the book is, and it is rather important that it be found, but I am unsure of the best place to look.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 pm » not with this search no. there are a few notes about it's affect on the matron, but the book itself isn't there
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 pm » No sign of the mind-controll-y book?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 pm » and 3 for the guard captain. Eventually you both find the Matron's communication book, and a lot of notes by the acting Matron that were scribbled very fast about the artifact people outside the walls
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 pm » 3 successes
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 pm » search roll! perception + investigation ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 pm » Guard captain: very well.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:54 pm » Zoe: Then I believe it would be most efficient for us to search the room together.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:53 pm » Guard Captain: Fortuitus that I do. one moment ma'am. *searches the room* no traps it seems ma'am.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:51 pm » *Zoe: I do not believe I possess the required skills for that task.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm » Zoe
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm » Zoe: It may be wise to determine if any part of the room is trapped.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm » the guard leads down to the acting matron's room which he opens with a key on a large keyring. "would you rather I check first or...?"
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:49 pm » Zoe: *nods*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:48 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:47 pm » Guard Captain: yes. She'll get a couple guards and since she's apparently capable of sorcery she'll be bound.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 pm » Zoe: I will help assist in searching her rooms. I trust you will be able to apply a safe degree of guards on her?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:45 pm » Guard Captain: Whatever assistance you can offer would indeed be appreciated.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:44 pm » Zoe: Would you like assistance? I feel somewhat invested in the resumption of peace and order to this location.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 pm » Guard Captain:*holds up book and looks it over* That's one of Echo's alright... ok, you go free for now. *motions for a pair of guards down the hall who approach and retrieve the matron* Next order of business would be searching her offices and room.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm » Zoe: *holds up her artifact book* I've been communicating with him via this. Your artifact book is likely also missing because of her, but you could ask him to confirm who I am and that I was sent here to determine the cause of the lack of correspondence and the dissapearance of the lunar Whisper. The book also states that I am one of his representatives.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm » Heh. Fair enough, Wally.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm » Well, actually, Grang's literally standing in the doorway. But yes.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm » and yes, the book you have states your a representative of Echo
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm » It's worthwhile to note, though, that we don't have any way of communicating with Jane or Claire's characters. Next time I make a character I should have a way around that
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:40 pm » righto. that works. we should get to you two in a moment then ^.^
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:40 pm » (do I have anything from Echo saying that?)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:40 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:40 pm » Basically Demo, Sai is going to be guarding Whisper. If she's been working to styme that thing, it might come after her when her guard's down or something. No sense taking risks and he can regain essence while awake anyway. With Grang watching the outside and Sai on the inside, we'll be good and slathered in safety
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm » Guard Captain: interesting... *rubs chin* the matron in there grew up in this village. I'm not sure how she could have been a solar for a long time and avoided notice... As for who to lock up, do you have proof that you work for elder echo?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm » Zoe just out-awesomed us. Nice.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm » (pffffffffheeheehee)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm » [I'm here]
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm » ... *Jaw drop*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 pm » Zoe: Do you have any further questions?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 pm » Zoe: Oh, and she can cast magic, so if you decide to lock her up instead of or in addition to me, that's probably worth being aware of.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 pm » Zoe: I've also reported this to the lunar Elder Echo, on the offchance that you decide to return her to power and she starts attacking nearby locations.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm » (not quite sure what the title of the book was, but I think that's close)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm » (fair enough zo)
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm » Zoe: They want the original copy of the Mysteries of the Mind book. It's got some Wyld in it somehow, and caused the original matron to obsess over it before falling into her current coma, so I believe that returning it should aid in her recovery.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm » (I'll think of something)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm » (No, I'm not confused. I'm just... not entirely sure what to do with Sai right now)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 pm » Grang: *chuckles* That bad, huh?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 pm » Zoe: Ah. Well, then could you, eventually, report to whoever that *is* in charge now that the acting matron was a solar in disguise, likely from quite a while ago as she mentioned having slept for a long time, and was planning on using the tech inside the raiders to control them instead of giving them the thing they wanted, which she had hidden?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 pm » (is this confusing for anyone? because I can move Zoe's bit to AIM for the moment if it is)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 pm » Whisper: Tell me about it. *flops down on a couch and stuffs face with food*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 pm » Guard captain: No ma'am. I'm in charge of making sure things are safe for whoever is in charge at the time, and seeing as there was just a fight where the acting matron was hurt, that safety is in question until I can assess the situation. *looks into the room carefully* huh... gold marking... that's new for her.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:32 pm » Hmm... In that case, Grang will just keep watch from the doorway. He'll also keep an eye on the window as well.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:31 pm » Sai: Ugh. *Resting, not even having enough essence to change out of warform. He LITERALLY blew through all of it*
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:31 pm » Zoe: Are you in charge when the acting matron is out of commission?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 pm » and the inn is about 4 floors tall, so about 40 feet tall
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 pm » as for Zoe, it doesn't take too long for a servant or two to arrive, and upon seeing the state of the acting matron, going to get some guards to sort things out. Eventually a guard approaches, dressed in the same armor as the rest of the town hall guards, only with a feather at the crest of his helmet denoting him as the captain of the guards. He looks surprisingly relaxed in his aproach, but his hand rests easily on the handle of his sword, and his steps are carefully balanced to avoid any moment that he could be caught off guard.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 pm » Zoe: I probably should have specified that the acting matron's successor shouldn't also be a megalomaniac, I suppose.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:29 pm » Good point
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:28 pm » ZoeOOC: He would disapprove more of me killing someone unconcious.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:28 pm » How tall is tall?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:28 pm » Tis how it goes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:27 pm » I think Peri would disapprove of Zoe getting arrested.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:27 pm » ...huh.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm » Alright. Zoe's going to open the door, still keeping an eye on the acting matron. "Hey! Whoever was in charge after the acting matron should get over here, as well as some guard's, because I'm sure someone is going to want to arrest ONE of us, and I'd appreciate some sort of witness for right now as well!"
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm » well, it's one of the taller buildings in the area, letting you see around it easily, but there are no entrances on the roof, you'd have to climb up from one of the windows
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm » Or another nearby roof.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm » Yeah. Sai is going to rest, although not sleep if he can avoid it, and allow Whisper to sleep. We'll need to be at our best, given everything we've learned. If Kara or Zoe returns, he'll share what he knows with them
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm » Yeah.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 pm » the rooftop of the inn?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 pm » sure claire, Zoe could yell and someone would likely arrive soon.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 pm » Does it have good sightlines to the entrances?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm » Hmm... How's the rooftop?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm » Is there any way to call for a guard of some sort?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm » Grang: *goes about getting a gallon of sake and a full meal*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm » and she'll follow of course. so is Grang patrolling in any particular manner?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm » Whisper: That works. *stretches, setting bow on back*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm » Ok. Sai is going to lead Whisper back to the Inn room.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm » minimum of a half hour
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm » Can I get a minimum on that, or not?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm » Sai: I'll handle the supplies. Whisper, follow me to our inn.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm » ok, Zoe knows the caste mark won't likely last more than an hour.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm » Whisper: *points to Grang* I could kiss you, get to work star boy, I'm going to need a gallon of sake, a full meal, and a bed, not picky about the order.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:19 pm » 6 successes
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 pm » you can claire
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 pm » Grang: I am actually rather well rested. If you two wish, I can keep watch.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 pm » (Actually, you know? It kinda works. I may have Warform'd Sai's thing be dog puns)
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 pm » Can I roll to figure out how long it'll stay up?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 pm » Sai: You... haven't rested?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 pm » Whisper: Well, then go get some rest I'll keep a patrol here until you're done. Then I'll, finally, get some decent rest.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:16 pm » yes, for the moment.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:16 pm » Does the acting matron still have her caste mark glowing?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:15 pm » (holy cow I swear I meant to say "art" there)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:15 pm » Sai: *panting* I arf unharmed, but drained. We need to rest if we're going to fight more of those.
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:15 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 pm » well, while we wait for Jane to show up we'll pick up where we left off! Zoe had just finished fighting the acting head matron who was acting a bit... weird. And Sai and Grang had jsut finished defeating their second chimera of the night, and met with Whisper. What will people do?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:12 pm » k
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm » brb
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:06 pm » Desus: *In Noncanon, chilling with friends* Kwar.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:02 pm » ready jane?
Claire « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:02 pm » *poking onions*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm » Yo
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm » *bounces in front of DM screen*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 pm » DM: *sets up DM screen*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:47 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:26 pm » sure.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 pm » Ok guys. I'ma gonna go for a bit. Demo, PM me when the game starts, ok?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 pm » Saffron: Just something I heard. No worries.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:24 pm » Wei: What about it?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:23 pm » Saffron: Hm. Interesting, that.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:19 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 pm » Wei: *shrugs* Only if they mess with people. So no, not really.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:17 pm » Saffron: I'll thank you not to tease me again, eternal rival whom I have yet to stab! Also, have you been hunting down Raksha lately?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 pm » Wei: I'm suuuuure.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 pm » Saffron: Admittedly, they did a good job trying. After all the mortals they sent at me, I felt letting them take an arm was only a LITTLE bit sporting. *Badly lying*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:14 pm » Wei: *chuckles* Ahh... Well, I'm glad you're having fun, then?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:13 pm » Saffron: Well, it's just not something I want to do yet.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:13 pm » Saffron: Oh, I lost an arm. It would be no trouble to re-grow it, but...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:13 pm » Shun: how'd that work out for you?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:12 pm » Wei: ...Somehow, I am unsurprised. And true, there has been a lack of stabbing.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:11 pm » Saffron: Let me tell you, the Blessed Isle is NOT the tourist hotspot I believed it would be! They got so bent out of shape from me challenging one of their house's leaders!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:11 pm » Saffron: Cut but not stab. There is a difference. I've been doing alright. Dealing with future troubles, unfortunately.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 pm » Wei: I think you did manage to cut me once... and pretty good. How've you been?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 pm » Saffron: Oh! Wei! Ha ha ha! Wei!* Letting his legs go and falling to the ground in a heap* How have you been, eternal rival whom I have yet to stab?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:07 pm » Wei: *waves to Saffron*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:07 pm » Shun:*rolls eyes* Raksha
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm » Saffron: *Dangling from the side of a building* Aaaa..... *Relaxed*

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 pm » Adachi: if we go at a decent speed and don't push the engines, it should take us about 2 weeks, if we push the engines, maybe a week, but that risks a breakdown.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 pm » (Okay, now I have this mental image of Ti running across the water, towing Peri on waterskis behind her)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:01 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:58 pm » Hue: *examines scrolls*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm » Ti: Yup. No way to know. Adachi, are we talking days, hours, weeks? How far away is this place?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm » Fist: Just sail up to boat. board, beat the dragon idiots and if talky cousin there, take back. *strategizing!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm » ((Sorry folks, I faded a bit. ^^;))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:56 pm » Adachi: ah... good point.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:56 pm » Peri: And the tail boat won;t have Rass in it, you think?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm » adachi:*shrugs* if the tail boat is a fisher's boat like you said then I say we just ram it and keep going at full speed. This thing can go pretty fast when it needs to
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:54 pm » Ti: I *could* , possibly, run to the boat. But unless it's the middle of a moonless night,they'll see me, if I quit running, I sink, and you know they'll have a look out.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 pm » Peri: Damn... what we need is to punch by the tail boat and let you guys fall behind so the ship doesn't take damage.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm » Adachi: ah, a lead boat and a tail boat. If they know where we are and that we're following the tail boat will try to slow us down.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm » Ti: Hue? Will you take a look at these scrolls, see if tehre's anything we don't know already? Anything revalent?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm » Peri nods, pacing back and forth. "Alright."
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:49 pm » After you all are onboard Adachi gets the ship moving and pulls out the map he has of the waterways. "Let's see, Denandsor.... Well, luckily you're asking me, because no other boat could get you there. We'll have to change rivers a couple times."
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:49 pm » Ti: A big obvious boat, and a little sneaky odinary boat. About...a fou hour head start? *looks at Peri*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:48 pm » Ti: And, the dragons have taken two boats. (gives description). Right, Peri.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:48 pm » Peri: *to Ti* Right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:46 pm » Peri: Towards Densandor.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:45 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:45 pm » alright last post was: Adachi: Ah, that explains how ou handled the Waker's deathknight. Well, all aboard we've got fast boating to do. Any direction?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:44 pm » Eesh. Best of luck.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm » anyway, where were we... I'll let you all know if I have to actually rush off.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm » it is indeed jerkface brother, and we're not getting the friend now... but we may be later...? basically I'm now expected to wait for a moment's notice to go do this. bluh.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm » That is neat.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm » I hope it's not jerkface brother.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm » I like how Peri makes more sense in the company of Fist.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm » Hee. I like the poem.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm » Good luck!
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm » no problem Demo
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm » hopefully we'll just be picking them up but who knows
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm » S'okay, Demo.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm » and sorry folks, but I've been shanghaied into driving my brother to go pick up a friend who's car broke down. be back in a bit. :/
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm » (Yeah.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm » Denandsor yes
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm » *what*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 pm » hat was the city name? DEnsador?)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:35 pm » (Geneve, this is for you. http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-octopus/ )
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:34 pm » Adachi: Ah, that explains how ou handled the Waker's deathknight. Well, all aboard we've got fast boating to do. Any direction?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:33 pm » ((Water skaters work on a different principle. Has to do with being light enough, with enough area, to not break surface tension as opposed to being fast enough that your momentum prevents you from sinking.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:33 pm » Peri: Been trainingme since I was knee high. *smiles*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm » Adachi: ... like the name. Gives you plenty of warning.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm » Peri: *switches gears to Fondness*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm » Ti: She's more of a force of nature. *grins*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm » Peri: *grins* Thats my Sensei, Fist That Shows No Mercy.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm » Adachi:...friend of yours?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm » Fist: *snorts and picks up a couple of crates out of the hands of the crew and brings them on board herself*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm » Peri: Good.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm » Ti> *slowly* Actually...Peri, that might be possible.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm » (Why not? Look at water skaters. Hi Beard)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm » Peri: *has a bandaged bleeding nose, which has bruised his eyes up, and looks... tense*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm » Adachi: How convenient that I happen to have a fast ship then. Give us a couple minutes to finish loading this all up.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm » (if it says any surface then I'll say yes, you can run on water. but you better keep moving ^.^ )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm » (Hey. I'm here. A bit fuzzy though, fair warning.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm » (Hey, Demo-can you run on water with spiderfoot? It just says 'any surface'. p.225)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm » Peri: We've got a target. We need a fast ship.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:26 pm » (*snrk*)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:25 pm » FlimOOC: Doggie treat Peri? Good boy! :)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:25 pm » It doesn't take too long before you're back at the boat with Adachi supervising his crew as they load up some supplies. He looks over at you all as you approach with a slightly concerned smile, noting how glowy a couple of you are. "Hey, how'd the search go?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:25 pm » Peri: Theres got to be a way to run on water, and I;m finding it when this is over. *grumble* ... or go invisible.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:24 pm » Ti: Now's when I miss the lunars. Shame we can't have one of them swim or fly out to check out both the dragoin's boats. *wryly*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm » And Peri is ascting like a hound straining on the leash, but has at leasted calmed down a little.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm » *nodnod*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm » (She;ll be along soon.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 pm » alright, when we left off last you all were heading to Adachi's ship to head for Denandsor and the Empty City, with a few scrolls on the area in hand.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:20 pm » Sure.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:20 pm » agreed. in the meantime... shall we start? we're only running a short session today as it is
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm » Hopefully she;ll be on later. :)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:18 pm » She's been feeling exausted and needing to sleep during the day.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm » *nods*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm » oh, sorry to hear that.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm » Oh, she's been having a little health problems lately...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm » I sent her an invite to the game, but no response so far.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:15 pm » and I think so? she was on earlier
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 pm » heh, righto
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 pm » Is Geneve joining us tonight?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:12 pm » And make him a politician~
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:10 pm » Exactly. I figure I;ll just try to then balance in some kind of 'heroic' trait, too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:10 pm » Peri: *wearing a battered watchmans hat*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:10 pm » Well heck, if it lets you have evil lattes, I'd say go for it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:10 pm » And it les you take pleasure from people being mad... but I dunno if thats right...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm » I mean, I know on one hand, he's really not, but having the trait means sometimes 'evil' gets appended onto like, random things. Like they make an EVIL latte and take an EVIL shower.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm » hmm...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm » Hey, Chic, help me out here- I wanna re-create vetenari in the Sims, but I can;t decide if he has the Evil trait or not.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm » Hidy, Tinker.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm » heya tinker
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm » heh, pass on the coffee ^.^ not my sort of thing, and I'll be fine. it's part of why we're doing short sessions.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm » Howdy, howdy~
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm » *hands the gm coffee*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm » Sure you're up to it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm » I barely slept last night so we're keeping it a bit relaxed ^.^;
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm » okay.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:04 pm » nah, we're starting now, and having a short session for both groups.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 pm » heh, and here I thought I was late. ^^
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 pm » Yeah. Don't want her mad at me!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 pm » oh, figure I should share this pic, so you all have an idea of what Fist looks like: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m63bl ... 1_1280.jpg
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:58 pm » heyas
Mithril Jack « Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:52 pm » hi
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 am » I'll try. :) Seeya!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 am » See you soon, Sarah.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 am » Oooh. Enjoy!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 am » MIB 3
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 am » OK, Sarah. What movie?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 am » Sorry, I've gotta go to a movie now...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 am » Heh heh heh
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 am » http://notalwaysright.com/no-not-that-k ... pass/13030 < Jane: No, it doesn't always work, folks.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 am » Also:
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 am » Boooooooo.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 am » I admit, I've done that. But with books in the library, so that someone else wouldn't borrow them.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:48 am » Heh heh.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 am » http://notalwaysright.com/its-curtains-for-you/12276 < Nor this one.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 am » Not going to have much of a future career in crime, methinks.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 am » *snerk*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 am » http://notalwaysright.com/not-so-smooth ... ting/12381 < Whoops
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 am » Heh. :D
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:40 am » My personal opinion is that she's unduly restricting herself, but to each their own.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:40 am » Hey, you notice that's the only type Chic's characters target.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 am » There probably is a great amount of poetic satisfaction in getting one over a bigot. ^^
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 am » Jane: Those are for extreme cases. It's more fun to aggregate by controlling the situation~
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 am » Possibly someone got hit with a delayed slap patch.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 am » We can only speculate what went down.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:59 pm » Heh. Man, next time I'll get to do something more amazing to earn taht extra plus 1. How did Grang and Kyra do?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm » 4xp for everyone as usual, and +1 for Grang and Kyra.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm » sorry kate. anyway ssxp time
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm » hee
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm » GRAR I say.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm » GRAR.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 pm » :D
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 pm » and that's it for tonight folks!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 pm » ok Zoe misses this, but Sai notices something... or more accurately a lack of something. The red light which had been behind you is gone, only the small orbs of light lining the walls of this room are providing light. When he looks for the source of the red light, he sees the hallway behind him and Zoe is pitch black, even with her glowing banner.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:56 pm » Dude, if Sai can't come up with anything, then he can't come up with anything.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 pm » 2 successes.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 pm » 3,2,10,3,7, 10,1,6,1 (5 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 pm » could both of you roll perception + awareness? Zoe at -1
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 pm » ...I'm having trouble coming up with legitimate reasons for Sai to not let her read that book
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 pm » Zoe: Me reading it will not delay anything.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 pm » Zoe: *rolls eyes* I can also RUN and read at the same time, and it has been *quite* a while since I read a book. Additionally, I would like to see if wyld trapped in a book at all changes the text or nuances.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm » Sai: Zoe, we can'st walk. We move quickly, and that's that. No reading.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 pm » Sai: ...*narrowing his eyes*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 pm » Zoe: I can walk and read at the same time. You have seen me doing it before.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 pm » (hee hee hee)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:49 pm » Sai: Didst thou not say that we had to return this so the Matron could go back to normal?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:49 pm » hee, fair enough
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 pm » Zoe: *does not recognize it as a mental compulsion, seeing as it is not distinct from how she feels about most books she hasn't read*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 pm » Zoe: Can I see it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 pm » it's a mental compulsion as it was for Sai
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 pm » ok, as she looks at the cover Zoe finds herself very curious as to what the book contains, she reallly wants to read it. now. (6 successes by the book)
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm » 4
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm » right. in that case Zoe's MDV?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 pm » Whether or not she can actually see it sufficiently is dependent on a number of factors, but those are the ones I know.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm » And she will look at the book.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm » I mean, she's going to be standing right next to Sai.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm » ...as long as Sai hasn't put it in his pocket or is covering it up or something like that?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm » I think I get it.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 pm » she could see the book... but see it clearly, like being able to see the title. *is being all sorts of incoherent tonight it seems*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:40 pm » Can't she see the book now? It's not like it was hidden or anything.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:40 pm » sorry for not being clear ^.^;
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm » Sai will be walking back, when he gets back will she be standing near enough to Sai to see the book?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm » I don't know the layout of the room. She's standing at whatever location they entered the room. She's going to stay there while Sai walks back, so that they can leave the room?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 pm » ...I don't understand the question?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 pm » right, but when Sai walks it back, where will she be standing? ^.^;
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 pm » Sai: Necessary, nay. Satisfying, yes
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 pm » She's still at wherever they entered the room.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 pm » how close is Zoe to the book?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:35 pm » Zoe: Once it is returned it will no longer be as dangerous. Fire is not necessary.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:35 pm » Sai: *Holding it with just two fingers at the center of it's spine, distastefully
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 pm » Sai: Hopefully returning this t'will cause it to burst into flame
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 pm » Zoe: Hopefully returning that will allow the matron to wake up.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:32 pm » yep, they're all empty
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 pm » Ok. And the rest of the bookshelves are just empty? Sai will run a hand along one of them to see if theres' anything there
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm » ok, the strange fascinationg fades, leaving Sai standing with the book in front of the bookcase
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm » Wow.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm » Woah, you have 4 limit already?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 pm » You're right. Ok... Well, I don't like going down to 3 willpower, but I also don't like books taht make you read them ever since Harry Potter 2. I'll spend my 3rd willpower point fo the session, leaving me with 3 and gaiing one limit, putting me up to 4
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 pm » *first time in a scene i believe
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 pm » you also take a point of limit the first time though
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 pm » you can
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 pm » Wait, can I resist mental influence with willpower, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 pm » I guess Sai's going to open it, probably look into it.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 pm » Well shoot
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 pm » as Sai glances more closely at the cover... he finds he's becoming very interested in finding out what this "Mysteries of the Mind" book is all about. The book is exerting an unnatural mental compulsion for him to read it.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm » *it's a four
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm » Nnnnot high? 4
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm » ?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm » The book is easily picked up. what's Sai's MDV
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 pm » Sai... *will reach out and try to take a book from the empty shelves*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 pm » heh, ok. Sai walks over to the book and nothing seems to happen, though while walking over to the book he notices that the smell of books is still strong for such an empty room, and that the bookselves are less dusty than the floors.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm » Zoe: *fiiiine, he can get it*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm » Zoe's 5 dex 3 dodge.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm » *figuring Zoe and Sai have at least some sense of each other's reflexes by now*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm » In which Sai has 6 Dex and 3 dodge in Warform.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 pm » in the case of avoiding sudden death usually Dex + dodge
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 pm » ...what stats determine reflexes?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm » Zoe: That statement is only practical if you have higher reflexes than I do.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm » RelentlessOOC: hey! I resent that remark!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm » Sai: It means I go first and get it for you. Peri wouldst not like a corpse for a friend.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:12 pm » Zoe: However, I still fail to see how that differs our course of action.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:12 pm » Zoe: Need for immediate access coupled with an incredibly low chance of anyone tracing it, but point taken.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 pm » Sai: No, I mean if it was THAT book, why leave it alone and unguarded
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 pm » Zoe: One rat, or several?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 pm » Sai: ...I smell a rat.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 pm » she is, but it doesn't seem to affect the darkness outside the hole. the footprints continue until they reach a large doorway, showing a large circular room, walls lined with bookshelves and a single gigantic table at the center, but not a single book in... actually there's one book at the far end of the room.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 pm » That's good. Light tos ee by
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm » I think Zoe's still glowing.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm » Zoe: *keeeeeeps going*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm » Ok... I guess we go forward.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 pm » hee, the footprints lead down the hall and around a corner where you can see a hole melted in the wall and ceiling, the unknown metal had seemed quite durable at first glance, bit smething was energetic enough to melt and warp it here, exposing what's outside the hallway, or it would if the light in the hallway traveled outside the hole, it seems to be a pitch black pit outside the hallway, but the footprints continue on, obviously never breaking stride.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:03 pm » Zoe: *proceeding!*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm » Sai: *ears droop* Fiiiine. *Will go with Zoe instead*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm » Zoe: Sai, did we not JUST AGREE to proceed?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm » Sai's going to search the room for the book or anything else unusual
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm » Sai: Hm. We go forward.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm » Ok then.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm » *sai
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm » Zo's not smelling anything new.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:59 pm » Zoe: Essence overflow is written down. And that phrase tends to indicate things being unstable.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:59 pm » Sai will take another sniff, but he's a bit uncomfortable about this. "Essence flow? highly unstable?"
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:59 pm » Zoe: I would prefer that we find the book first.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:58 pm » Zoe: It may also be highly unstable.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:58 pm » Zoe: I... "sense" a bunch of signs warning about essence overflow and wyld leaking in. Granted, they are all old, so if you do not smell anything, it might be safe.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:54 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:54 pm » Sai: What do you scent? (note: He's saying "sense" there, but it's with a quirk)
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm » Zoe: *thinking*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm » Zoe: Sai, don't go in yet.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm » Sai will search around a bit
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm » I guess.. look around the room and see what's in it? Maybe some of the weapons are useful
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 pm » Sai: T'was just an expletive. *Ears droop* This is... what are we even looking at here?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 pm » there is no book in that room, and the scent leads right past the room
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 pm » Zoe: ...how did you come to that conclusion?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:45 pm » Is there a book here? Or the scent?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:45 pm » Sai: ...dragons...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm » ok, stepping past the room nothing happens of note, however Zoe can see into the room where a lone odd table sits at the center, it's top slopes upwards to a point at the center from all sides and a glowing image is diplayed from this point. It's a red, slowly strobing image, showing a map of some kind with all sorts of warning symbols of some sort on display, lighting up a ring of bodies sitting at chairs around it, they're all old, very old, looking to be mummified corpses, a couple hunched over the table, one falling out of it';s chair and a pair almost seeming to hug. The rest of the room seems empty except a pile of weapons stowed hastily in one corner.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm » Sai: *Looking around cautiously*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:40 pm » Zoe will look in the door as they walk past.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm » I guess we go on
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm » yes they do
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 pm » The footprints go past the door, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:37 pm » Sai: ...point. Fine. We proceed
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 pm » Zoe: From where should we gather this additional fighting power?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai: Gathering more fighting power? This smells funny
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 pm » Zoe: In what manner should we behave that would be more cautious?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai: ...Zoe? Maybe we shouldst consider being more... cautious?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 pm » alright, as you all walk down the hall you can feel the hallway... shift under you, like you're affecting how it's sitting by walking, you approach the room with the red glow on your right
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 pm » Sai: Er... tis somewhat ominious... *walking down*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:31 pm » Zoe: *still going to follow Sai*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm » There also seems to be a light... thrumming in the walls, like they're vibrating at a very low frequency
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 pm » *zo
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 pm » yes it is Zoe
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 pm » is the wyld scent still around?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm » Zoe: Ah, good.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm » Sai: and... a sandvich? Ham?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm » Sai: it smells like that matron...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm » the wyld scent is also here, just to be clear
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm » right, that scent is distinct from the smell of the wyld, in fact it smells like the acting matron you all met earlier, and Zoe had to fight.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 pm » 6,1,6,8,8, 10,8,6 (5 successes) plus one.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm » Ok... hm...
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm » roll perception + awareness please ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 pm » Sai: *Will bend over to sniff at them*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: Sai, do these footprints smell distinct from the scent you are following?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 pm » Alright, the hall itself seems to be at a bit of an angle, tilted downward and slightly to the left. The red glow seems to be coming from a doorway along the hallway, it's door broken off it's hinges and laying in the middle of the hall, covered in dust, it's been there a while. A set of footprints are easily seen in the dust on the floor, leading past the red glow and further down the hallway.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:18 pm » Zoe: *explanations? what are those for?*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:18 pm » Zoe: *steps through, looking around*
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm » The blank spot grows transparent, showing another hallway, dark and dusty, with an oddly rust red hue seeming to permeate it's length.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 pm » Activate what now?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 pm » Sai: ..what?
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 pm » Zoe: *activates the blank spot Sai walked to*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:13 pm » Sai: Er... I'm not quite sure which path to foloow...
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 pm » Zoe will activate this one if Sai pauses.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:11 pm » right, you can follow the scent down the hall to another blank spot on the wall, this isn't the one that Kyra went through before or where you came from, it's new.
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 pm » 7,4,4,6,6, 9,6,9 (3 successes) plus one constant success from the mutations
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm » Right. Perception
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 pm » Ok. One second
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm » It's OK. Have a nice rest, Geneve.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm » Sorry. I wated to stay up for the Lunar gam but I don't think I ca. =/
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm » sleep well beard.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm » there we go. into the long hallway with the blank spots on the walls. Sai will need to make a new perception roll to keep with the scent in the suden change of environment
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 pm » Aw, ngiht
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 pm » Goodnight all.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm » Which now smells like Strongberry
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm » Sai and Zoe had just crossed the mirror, following that scent of the Wyld
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm » we'll start with Sai and Zoe, who are currently... derp where exactly did we leave them last...
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm » Yep!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm » [starts building a DM screen of dice]
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm » ok, when we last left off the lunar group was fairly split up. Kyra is off in some mysterious cave under the Empty City, Zoe and Sai are trying to find the mysterious book and Grang is guarding a sleeping Whisper.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:01 pm » *Starts building a DM's screen of legos*
Claire « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:52 pm » Thanks
Demothesis « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:52 pm » *starts setting up GM screen*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:47 pm » I know.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:47 pm » I hope.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:43 pm » Things'll change.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 pm » *nods*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:39 pm » Not much going on at work, not much going on in my social life, A+ taking up most of my time, MSW's in a slow period...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm » I dunno. I guess it just feels so slow in my life lately.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm » Hee
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm » Who left this damn guilt spread out all over the floor? No wonder people are tripping ove rit!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm » Thanks, guys
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm » Aww.... *hugs*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 pm » Eh, it's nothing big. Just me guilt tripping
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:33 pm » Aww...anything we can do?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 pm » Worse ways to spend a saturday night.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 pm » That is probably more fun than this. It's just a fancy way of saying I'm bored and a bit depressed
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:31 pm » Idk, sounds like fun to me
chicgeek « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:31 pm » That trumps my night. I'm reading an AI mystery novel and contemplating making salmon cream cheese dip.
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:30 pm » Ahh... always fun?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:29 pm » Dwelling on the ever changing state of the cosmos and its relative impact on me
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:27 pm » And you?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:27 pm » Not much... hanging out on the internet, watching my family frantically pack
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm » I guess. I dunno. What's new with you, Wally?
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm » Yeah, that'll happen
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:25 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:25 pm » Wow it's quiet
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm » [hugs]

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:02 pm » sure, the solar group's session is over for tonight as it is, I can do that. and nope, you never caught up. anyway, we're now in denandsor... so any of the solar group that wants to play during the lunar group's time with them feel free to come back at 10pm. aslo: ssxp 4 for everyone +1 to ti fo figuring out peri's muffled bit, +1 to hue for noticing GB';s story not quite adding up, and +1 for a 3 die stunt to peri
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm » Hue: *is pretty sure they &#@!$ up by bringing GB aboard*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm » And we never catch up with the dragon blooded's ships? They had a four hpour head start, and we're fast. Hmm, I suppose they were, too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm » *nodnod*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm » Hmm. At some point when it wouldn't slow everyone down, I'd like for Hue to talk to Adachi about it. Maybe via IM.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm » it's likely
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:58 pm » Peri at some point may have held GB over the water.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:58 pm » it takes several more days, all of which involve watching GB and adachi to make sure they don't go after each other, but you all arrive at a little dip in the rivers a few miles from Denandsor.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 pm » Peri: *rolls his eyes, and keeps an eye on him.*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm » GB: Wha a surprise. i's almost like killin' people annoys other people or somethin'
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm » Hue: *little bow to Adachi* I'm sorry. We should have explained before pulling him aboard. It is your ship after all.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm » thought so, just making sure ^.^ ))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 pm » Sorry, my mind was wandering.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 pm » Oh! No, to GB
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 pm » to adachi?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 pm » Adachi: *sheathes sword* Right, let's get some speed then. Get him off as soon as possible.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 pm » Peri: Deal. *to adachi* Hey, gues what, you;ve met someone to whom you are as the dragon blooded are to you.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 pm » Hue: Understood.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:47 pm » Adachi:... *takes a deep breath, tapping the sword blade on the deck of the ship irratably* Right. But when we arrive he gets off, and I never see him near my ship again. understand?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm » Peri: *puts a hand up* And he'll be OFF the ship ASAP. I forced him into an oath He can't harm people,and if I ever find out he HAS been abusing the clause that lets him save his own life, I'll personally drag him into the rencarnation wheel myself.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm » Hue: *puts himself between Adachi and GB* Please, don't give him an excuse.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm » (( Ahh, alright. ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm » Hue: *alarmed* Adachi, but the sword back. So long as you don't harm him, he can't harm you.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm » sorry tinker, the whatever line was getting back to the game after Peri called GB an ass. should have made a clear disitinction that we're back IC))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 pm » (( The wedding question, and back and forth, was OOC. So 'whatever' there seems in response to the wedding back and forth, but that doesn't work...?))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 pm » ((Hold on, I;m confused.))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 pm » *Adachi
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:41 pm » AD: *blinks* deathknight? *sword suddenly out of it's sheathe* I thought you were just a bit pale... but a deathknight on my ship?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:41 pm » HueOOC: Keep on this route and we'll have a fireworks display worthy of an Imperial New Year in a moment.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 pm » GB: whatever, we done playin' interrogate the deathknight now?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm » PeriOOC: Reds traditional for marrying into the Empress' family. *dry*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm » 8snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm » ((Damn, broke the dm. Again. :d ))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm » GB: What? I do. Whit eis fer purity, tha's jus' wrong.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:37 pm » GMOOC:*laughing too hard to move the plot forwards, please leave a message after the explosive laughter* pfhahahahahaha
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36 pm » PeriOOC: ... *white*? *Really*?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36 pm » GBOOC: hell no. I look like shite in white.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36 pm » PeriOOC: Only if he wears the dress.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 pm » HueOOC: So should I be on the lookout for wedding hanboks or... ?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 pm » Peri: Ass.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 pm » GB: ... ok, I see the relation now.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:32 pm » Peri: *smiles* And i will sleep like a gaia blesses baby knowing some poor underfunded gong based band has jade in their pockets. Thats what I like to hear, you foul mouthed reprobate. Hope ou enjoy watchin' some preists get their asses kicked.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:31 pm » GB: *leans forward, jaw thrust out* I. would. never. let. those. &#@!$. use. me. get me sun boy? I got on the boat. found yer &#@!$' annoyin' cousin, we talked a bit, an then I got tired of listenin' to him talk, got the info I needed, so I shoved that &#@!$' gag back in his mouth. Also: I'm writin' down tha gong idea.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:26 pm » 1,4,8,10,2, 7,2,3,3,7 (5 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm » *nods* righto. go for it
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm » Peri is trying to appeal to his worse/better nature, and if he's lying, tell the truth and tell him whats been going on. I was thinking charisma+presence?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm » ((OTK 4ever))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm » ok, that's a good 3 die stunt. what are we using it for?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm » (*bows* Thaaaank you. And that is how you hate-propose to someone.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:23 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:23 pm » (Nice! But I think you just agve him an idea with the gong. ^^)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 pm » ((Oh hell yes. *claps*))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:21 pm » Peri straightens up, and throws his sodden overrobe aside, left standing in a plain, rough pair of pants and his armors top, as he approaches him. Peri is more then *tall*- in the time since GB last saw him, he's become a powerhouse. He lookes down, dead in the eyes. "You dont want to be playing me on this. You say you hate me, more then 'the dragons'? I am a dragon. And those faux pious sons of bitches? They have my cousin. He's my *family*. You say you hate me? Fine. HATE me. Hate what I did, hate what I am, I;m not here to win any popularity contests. But you had better not be trying to strike at my family. You had better not be trying to stab me where it's soft by letting those bastards use you. Those slimy, lying, povery causing innocent killing sons of tolls of the system, who have a *stellar* track record with people they use to help them. They won't hesitate to make someone their canary, and stab them in the back when they're done. You wanna hate me? Fine. Hate me for the rest of my, and your life, harry my steps, make my life miserable, pay a band to hit a gong outside my window. But don't be letting those scum use you. You deserve a better class of enemy."
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:14 pm » Ti: *alert for treachery, keeping close eye on GB)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm » Oooo, this should be good.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm » and nothing for Ti either
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm » kk
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm » Typing up a Stunt.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm » Then peri is going to switch tactics; he's not Rass. But he is *experienced* in one specific thing- interrogation.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:12 pm » 7 dice, and this is what I get.9,1,3,2,4, 1,4 (1 success)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:12 pm » or at least he's not trying some deception
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:12 pm » *facepalm*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm » anyway, as far as Peri and Hue can tell he's telling the truth.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm » 6,10,3,5,6, 5,2 (2 successes) *sads*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm » gonna go with performance just for fun though.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm » kk
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm » (Okay, Ti would like to roll, also)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm » Ti: Doesn't make it any less true.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm » GB: did ya really jus' say tha' miss? cause tha' was weak.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm » Either's the same to me, seeing as he isn't talking in rhyme, but really there are so many holes in this...
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:08 pm » Ti: Something's fishy, and it's not today's catch.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:08 pm » 6,3,2,7,5, 8,2 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:08 pm » Percep-aware...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 pm » Peri: And if you really did hate, say, me, more then the dragons, it would be tempting, wouldn't it. It would be revenge. Who cares if its helping them, the thought might go.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 pm » you can. roll perception + awareness or... perception + performance(for telling it's faked or not)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 pm » Ti: He didn't know who you were, or that we'd ever met you, or that you would run into us.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 pm » Peri is going to do the same.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 pm » GB: I may have tied it tight'r too. way it was, 'e woulda worked it off in a couple minutes anyway.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 pm » Can I roll to tell if he's lying or not?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 pm » GB: magic. *deadpan, looks round* fine. I took the gag out fer a second, guy started talkin, got a bit of it then shoved it back in cause he was annoyin.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 pm » (Go Hue!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 pm » Peri: *eyeroll* All laws and rules have a spirit. Some are more like husked corpses idiots still tend to. *pauses* ... *looks at Hue* ... *looks at GB* *sighs* Yeah, this really was too easy, wasn't it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 pm » Hue: Wait. If'n ya- IF YOU couldn't speak to him, how did ya- you even know who 'e was or how we knew him?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm » GB: the oath innit a spirit, i's a set of words.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm » ((it is not a plothole and you can bring it up))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm » PeriL not according to the spirit of the law.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm » ((I mean is that a plothole or can I bring it up?))
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm » (Hands Geneve an internet brownie)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:00 pm » ((Right?))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:00 pm » ((Wait, Rass left the party before we met Gentle Breeze, and he couldn't communicate...))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:59 pm » GB: I have a feelin' I'd be allowed t' stab tha one as self defense.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:58 pm » Peri: You should see *his* dad, the family 'social orginizer'. *fond*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:58 pm » GB: eh, he struck me as th' annoyin' type. din't want t' put up with an annoyin' idiot.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 pm » Peri: Eh, if it was a trap, there'd be a 'trrmmmphh.'
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 pm » (Noms cookie, has milk)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:55 pm » Ti: Because, oh, he was a prisoner of the dragons? And anything that helped him out could hurt them?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:55 pm » *claps*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm » (chic gets an internet cookie)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm » GB: why would I 've done tha'? iffin they din' wanna listen t'him talk, why would I?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm » Ti: 'tmph pmmr hrmmy mmph.' Tell Peri hurry up?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm » Hue: *facepalm* An ya didn' take it off.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm » Peri: *smiles, a little fondly* Yeah, that was Rass, then. he tap anything out to you?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm » GB: I dun think th' dragon lot liked listenin' t'him talkin'
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:51 pm » GB: he had a gag on ya see
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:51 pm » GB: rass's exact words were.... *thinks* tmph pmmr hrmmy mmph
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm » Hue: Good point.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm » Ti: Could be a clue there.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm » Ti: Such as, Rass's exact words?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:49 pm » Hue: ...*enunciates carefully, as if back in speech lessons* Are there any other details of which we should be aware?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 pm » Peri: ... *winks, and blows GB a kiss* Missed you too, reprobate.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 pm » GB: somethin' like that.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 pm » Ti: Looked like him but younger?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 pm » GB: hah! *looms over Peri* sun boy, I hate them more'n I hate you. An tha's sayin' somethin'
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 pm » GB: some books too
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 pm » Peri: And weknow you not bin fed this because you don't *like* dragon hides, right? Just a professional courtesy to check.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm » GB: as in looked loik kin. as fer carog, buncha food, tents, excavation gear.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm » Hue: Looked like as in coulda been or looked loik as in kin?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 pm » Ti: That's...interesting.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 pm » Hue: ...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:44 pm » GB: no, why would I? i's like a hunred miles to th' east of the main river. somethin' goin on there? oh, an details details... onna them dragons looked a lo' like th' old soldier you lot had with ya last time.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:44 pm » Ti: And, did you see what kind of cargo? Just boxes and bags. or weapons, rugs, booze, whatever?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:43 pm » Ti: Did you stop at Densedor?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:43 pm » (oh coolies)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm » (Oh, Demo? Ti has weather sense, and internal compass-so she can let Adani know if bad weather is coming, and help with direction, if we're in a pea soup fog. )
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm » Peri: *figures he'd sooner slit his own throat then work for the DB*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm » GB: came up from Varsi, some big conflict down there, empire stickin' their nose in it an' killin' folks left an right.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm » Hue: Ennyt'in else you noticed? Even a small detail could be helpful.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm » GB: in th' hold, wit the cargo. not exactly th' most comfortable place fer a namby pamby like 'im eh?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm » Ti: Was he down in the hold, or on deck? And, where were you coming from?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm » GB: nah, I dun have an eye fer tha' sorta thing. an the small boat was empty. ya bet ya owe me one sun boy.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:38 pm » Peri: ... Owe you one, then.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:38 pm » Ti: Did you get to see what's on the small boat?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm » Hue: Mebbe if'n- Maybe if we did the same, we could avoid unecessary bloodshed.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm » Ti: *Impressed* That was risky. Think you could give Hue the layout? Hue, you write better than any of us-if we manage to in tercept them, that would be veeery handy.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:36 pm » GB: did I stuttah?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:36 pm » Hue: Snuck aboard?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm » GB: *lists off again* he was on th' big one, yes, though more like chained up, no I snuck on board and saw him, etc etc etc
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm » Peri: Good eye.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm » Ti:*snorts* Okay, you've had your fun. Which boat was he on, was he tied up, did he just call out to you from the boat, ect ect ect. C'mon, Gentle Breeze, you're going with us to an interesting fight and probably some blood. Theirs. *wolfish grin*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm » GB: *thinks for a moment, counting off on one hand* razor claws, knives, lance, few bows, daiklaive, an a spear
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm » Hue: *is almost relieved, but then considers possibility that GB can talk to ghosts*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:29 pm » Peri: Any weapons? *not rising to the bait*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 pm » GB: lessee... a leas' eleven of 'em were dragon blooded, most of 'em looked like the fancy ones what're useless in a fight, but a couple of 'em were heavy hitters. Oh, an yer cousin Ras ssays hi. *grins*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 pm » Peri: *looking upriver*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 pm » (( Pffff.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm » ((Fun fact: Hue mostly dislikes GB for entirely legitimate reasons, but partly dislikes him because whenever he's around Hue's old accent starts to kick in just a bit.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:25 pm » Hue: Yep. ...I mean yes.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:25 pm » Ti: Breeze, anything you can remember about that boat and anyone you may have seen on it would be a biig help. We plan on causing them some trouble.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:24 pm » GB: I'm bettin you mean th' one with the buncha dragon jackenapes?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:24 pm » GB: yeah, thing was movin pretty fast too, towin th' small boat.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:23 pm » (Third base!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:23 pm » ('Whos on first'? :d )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:23 pm » Hue: Did you see a large ship pass by, accompanied by a smaller boat?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm » (and yes beard)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm » (clarification: GB was heading downstream, towards Nexus, you all are heading upstream towards denendsor)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm » Wait, doesn't that mean he was coming from the opposite way?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm » (Oh, so he was heading towards Nexus! Okay!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm » Well now I'm all mixed up.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm » (Okay, he was heading the same way as us, Got it.)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm » (heading upstream would be towards denandsor, downstream would be towards nexus)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm » *downstream(spelling is a tallent I do not have)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm » (silly question-is upstream the way towards our destination?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm » *downstresm
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm » GB: I wa' headin upstream. why?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm » Ti: Breeze, which direction were you travelling from?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm » well, his boat was just camped out on the bank, no one's asked where he came from/where he was heading yet))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm » (Ask.)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm » (But did we meet him coming or going? If he was coming back down the river towards us, he may have seen those boats)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm » GB: I couln't be cute if I tried.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:17 pm » (he's on your boat now, peri offered to let him see a magistrate being held by the monks. and that should be a fun writing subject for him)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:17 pm » Peri: Don't get cute.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 pm » Hue: *trying not to think about GB purposely inciting people to try to murder him*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 pm » (is GB heading the same direction we are on the river, or heading back the way we came?)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 pm » GB: yeh well yer buddy already took m' hobby from me. So I hadta find a new one.
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm » Ti. Heh. I supose everyone needs a hobby.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm » GB: nobody likes their dirty laundry airin' out. ya get attention fast tha' way.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:13 pm » GB: what d'ya mean eventually? *grins*
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:13 pm » Ti: *grins* Hey, writing like that you know someone will pull a knife on you eventually. Cheer up, you may have some fights coming your way yet. (to Gentle Breeze)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 pm » you can't be sure, you all haven't seen either on the trip yet
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm » (how close are we to the two boats the dragon bloodeds have?)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm » *snerk*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm » sure, boat headed down the river and they ran accross a boat, that apparently had Gentle Breeze Steals Life in it, he's been spending his time writing about atrocities the empire commits ))
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm » (Okay, MJ is bowing out for tonight, not feeling great. Any chance of a quick recap of what's happening?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm » Peri: *wringing hsi robes out*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 pm » GB: dun worry, can' kill ya, tha'd be breaking the oath... unless ya try 'n kill me first... *grins*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 pm » Hue: ...He's... mostly harmless.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 pm » Peri: *grumbles and clambers back into the ship* Yeah, we know him. He's no pleasant, but hes not bad, exactl.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 pm » Hue: Unfortunately.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm » (coolies)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm » Adachi: ... you know him I take it? *hand nervously on sword*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm » (kk~)
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm » (Be there in a few minutes! Just got home)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm » GB: Eh, should make fer good writtin'. *casually hops the full distance between boats and lands easily on the railing.*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm » Peri: Its cute how you think thats new. Come on.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm » Hue: He's bait, mostly. We're the game here. *frowns*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 pm » GB: oh, those lot startin' in on each other now too? Jus' not happy unless someone's gettin' buggered.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 pm » Peri: Want a lift? You can get a first person view of the Monks trying to unjustry prision a magisrate.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm » GB: oi dun you take tha tone with me pretty boy, no' like I told ya lot to bother me. *rude gesture at Hue* an ah'm doin' fine. Wanderin' the land writin' about the empire's mistreatment of th' people. Figure iff'n I can' kill 'em, thanks t'you, I can at leas' make their misdeeds public knowledge.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:54 pm » Peri: ... You know. Kidnapped cousin. River chase. Usual stuff. You? *deadpan*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:54 pm » Hue: ...Oh. You.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:54 pm » ...Pff.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 pm » it's a small single person canoe style boat
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 pm » Adachi nods and sets the boat closer to the abandoned boat, edging in within a few feet before the hand moves and the sheet seems to sit up and fall off someone, who looks around in surprise before looking up at the boat. "oh fer... wha the shite are ya lot doin here?" the man looking up at you all with a glare is none other than Gentle Breeze Steals Life. He seems to have seen better days, dressed in a tattered cloak and tunic, though he seems to have a large sack mostly full of books and ink wells.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 pm » What kind of boat is it?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:52 pm » it's only a few feet from the bank, it seems to be tied loosely to a treebranch
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:52 pm » (I am assuming that even people in the Exaltedverse do not sleep well in armor)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:51 pm » How far from the bak is it?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:50 pm » Hue doesn't voice any opposition, though he does prepare for a fight, just in case.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm » Peri will, upon notecing it, suggest that they take a look.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm » *worries*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:48 pm » ...
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:47 pm » alright, anyway, a couple days after setting out, you all come accross a boat floating by the bank, seemingly abandoned, with a sheet covering it, and... a hand sticking out from under the sheet
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm » ((Aww, we'll miss you))
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm » ok, he has his willpower back for sure then ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm » 10,7,9,10 (6 successes) and then 6,8,7,4 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm » Hah! I could see that.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm » (^^ Leaving for about a week soon)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm » heya sarah))
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm » (Hi!)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm » right, then we'll go with the two rolls. if it was from before/during the fight with fist I'd say it was back due to accomplishing a major goal: aka actually landing a signifigant blow on his sensei
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 pm » I can;t recall, its just noted as being used on his sheet.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm » ?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm » oh wait, was it used before/during fighting fist
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm » righto, well that's two days to roll conviction to see if you get it back
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:41 pm » Just the one.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:41 pm » Nope.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:41 pm » anyone use any willpower? *housecleaning before events occur*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm » 4m an hour resting, 8m an hour completely relaxed(sleeping/napping/listening to music, that sort of thing)
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 pm » it should be, resting essence goes at... I think 4m an hour
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:38 pm » Peris pretty much back up to stuff.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm » That enough time to restore essence?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm » Right.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:35 pm » anyway, the length of time before the random encounter will be two days, so add up any healing that may have given you
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:35 pm » I think Fist landed a few hits on peri and Hue used up a good bit of essence during his chasing down the impersonator
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm » oh, any dmg.essence use during that last bit?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm » Peri: ... anyone have a short stick? Can;t really do the warriors lotus here without something to brace the 18th set of weavings on.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm » Hue: *still a bit shaken from before, and really, really hoping they don't have to kill anyone*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm » Peri will take the time to wind his hair up into a complicated looking bun, partialy as a way to occupy himself.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:28 pm » righto! with that Adachi sets the ship in motion, heading down the grey river and towards DESTINY or a boring trip. let's find out. *rolling encounter*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:26 pm » Right.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:26 pm » right, so basically an attempt to board the smaller boat if it's encountered?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:25 pm » Yep yep. I dont know if we made a firm descision, but we were advized to smash past the first ship, but we countered with not knowing which ship had Rass. Peri suggested that they get close enough for them to try and get into the smaller boat.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:24 pm » I believe there as some discussion of strategy as well, did you all come to a decision on any of that?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 pm » Correct.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:21 pm » ok, well Chic will be a little longer in arriving since she got off at 5, but it shouldn't be too long and we should be able to start without. and MJ seems to be absent at the moment, but I don't think that'll hold things up. so when we last left off: you all were on a boat, about to chase after the dragon blooded correct?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm » Heyo.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:17 pm » heya beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:17 pm » Allo allo.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm » Howdy.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm » heyas tinker
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:08 pm » *settles in*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm » *sets up dm screen*
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 am » Night!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 am » Night, Jane! ^^
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 am » Anyway. If I stay up past here, I will deeply regret it. Good night.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 am » Phew.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:12 am » That said, they don't usually get annoyed unless you overdo it on the Sidereal astrology. Everything else will gain chitters of irritation, but that's it.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 am » Talk about a Sword of Damocles.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 am » *whistle* Wow.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 am » It should be noted that the mortal-death venom is the only one of the 10 pattern-spider venom variants that can be resisted.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 am » Oh, yeah, and if you piss off Asna Firstborn, grandmother of all other pattern spiders, her bite will completely sever you from the Loom entirely.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 am » These remind me a little of Resonance...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 am » Blimey! They don't muck around.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 am » (worst possible, if a 10 is rolled on the Bite roll) A mortal aquaintance of the target who the target has formed an Intimacy to dies on the spot! If the target has no such mortal, the venom will wait around until s/he does.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am » "Target's appearance drops to 0 for a month."
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am » "Target loses all Willpower."
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am » The effects of pattern spider venom can really vary, but here's a few gems:
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am » Yup. Personal and laser focused.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 am » [2] You will receive the effects of pattern spider venom delivered DIRECTLY into your fate thread (Pattern Bite) if you really overdo it on the destiny creation.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 am » [1] You will receive significant sanctions up to and/or including a lethal level (Celestial audit),
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 am » If you fail as a Sidereal, one of the following things may happen:
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 am » Well, yeah. If you fail as a DB, you might be reassigned to some post in the far reaches of the Threshold.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 am » (It's just that with Sidereals, it seems more personal and laser-focused, if that makes any sense... I might be wrong.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 am » ??
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 am » I have an impression and a key that fits into it. ;)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:56 am » I have an impression and no idea why. Help.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:55 am » Argharg right. I can't explain it.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 pm » ...is it blocking our way BACK?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 pm » I was waiting until I knew what Sai was doing before saying anything there. ^.^
Claire « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 pm » Did anything happen with it when Zoe stepped into the hallway?
chicgeek « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 pm » ..
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm » it seems to have moved yes. there was just the bit outside the hole in the wall, now it seems to be the entire hallway behind them. which before still had that reddish light
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm » Wait... it's MOVING?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 pm » hmmm, there is the detail that the library room still smells freshly of books and the bookshelves are less dusty than the rest of the room. also: the unpenetrable darkness from that broken bit of wall seems to have spread down the hall to just outside the library room
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 pm » Ok then. Anything else I should know in particular before I decide what my character is going to do?
Claire « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 pm » I could get into a debate about whether or not he'd realize it was a supernatural compulsion or not, but it's more simple to just say he probably doesn't. Sai has one dot in integrity and one dot in lore. He's got a bit of booksmarts now but he's still not trained at resisting mental influence or recognising it.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 pm » yes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm » Noted. Eventually, they found the book, in a room filled with empty bookshelves, sitting all by its lonesome. Zoe commented that once they got this job done the Matron would HOPEFULLY go back to normal. (Also, Kyra has been awesome, as has Grang and Zoe.) Sai thought it was a trap and walked in to get the book. When he touched it, he felt an odd curious sensation of wanting to read it. Correct?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm » [wave]
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm » good so far. though it was Kyra that noted the tent smelling of the wyld, not whisper. whisper's been busy with the chimera
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm » Sai followed the scent. They saw some freaky stuff. Including what Zoe described as "The Wyld leaking through, potential energy failure" or something along those lines.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 pm » They followed it... through a mirror, into the darkness and into catacombs and tunnels.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 pm » When Sai went to check up on Zoe, she was looking for this book. She said it smelled of the Wyld, and had Sai track it
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 pm » Whisper mentioned to Sai that the people outside the city reeked of the Wyld.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 pm » Noted. Ok, so Sai knows she's in a coma. This is part of why I wanted to doublecheck this. Metagaming is more often than not a player acting on information their character couldn't possibly have. But the inverse is also true. It's also metagaming if a player acts because of knowledge his character SHOULD have but he himself has forgotten or didn't fully pay attention to
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 pm » the matron has not vanished: she's in a coma
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 pm » Meanwhile, the Matron of the city vanished. Zoe was looking through her books and studies in order to find out why while Sai and Grang looked for what was hunting people in the city.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm » With the same rallying cry to return what was stolen.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm » These same people later circled the entire city, led by people in a tent we haven't seen.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm » For starters, when we first came to this city, there were people outside... somewhat mentally "off" people, demanding that something be returned to them but not saying what it was.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 pm » So if I say anything he wouldn't have any reason to know, feel free to stop me and correct me.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 pm » ok, sure
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 pm » Feel free to tell me if something is inaccurate as I go over what Sai knows. This is a decision with potential weight that would be impacted by what Sai knows and what he suspects, and I want to make sure I'm properly in his head and not metagaming.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm » Hm. Ok. Demo, run with me here for a moment. I need to review what Sai knows and doesn't know.
Claire « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 pm » Zoe: *steps back into the hall while continuing her argument with Sai* So why should I NOT read the book?
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:15 pm » anyway, when we last left Zoe and Sai, they had recovered the freaky book, zoe wanted to read it, and the shadows in the hall behind them had moved and even Zoe's anima banner was not enough to penetrate the darkness.
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 pm » (that's ok wally we're starting with Zoe and Sai)
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 pm » But I'll be here
Wallycaine « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 pm » Vaugely. I may be slightly distracted by Avatar
Professor Zobot « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 pm » (This is why I'm against high heels. In theory, anyway.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 pm » (Yow. Hope she gets better...!!)
Claire « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 pm » *ready*
Demothesis « Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 pm » alright, everyone else ready to go?
























(10:40:28 PM) ladymadsci entered the room.
(10:40:28 PM) linda thomas entered the room.
(10:40:28 PM) starwar009 entered the room.
(10:40:28 PM) Prof Zobot entered the room.
(10:40:28 PM) Prof Zobot entered the room.
(10:40:34 PM) Dr. Beard entered the room.
(10:40:50 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Yo.
(10:40:51 PM) madgirlkate entered the room.
(10:41:10 PM) ladymadsci: Note: I am unable to invite T to this room unless whatever is making me unable to contact him is removed.
(10:41:13 PM) wallycaine entered the room.
(10:41:19 PM) madgirlkate: So I don't think we know if the darkness is blocking our way or not?
(10:41:29 PM) starwar009: alrigh, one sec jane
(10:41:36 PM) Prof Zobot: Already did
(10:41:39 PM) Lucretius Williams entered the room.
(10:41:50 PM) madgirlkate: Unless you mean like 'in our path' instead of 'physical obstruction'.
(10:42:10 PM) ladymadsci: (Hi, T)
(10:42:52 PM) Prof Zobot: I'll repeat my last question. Is it coming down the path we entered from?
(10:43:11 PM) ladymadsci: Note: I have to go to dinner...
(10:43:16 PM) starwar009: ok, the darkness in the hallway is filling the whole hallway from the direction you came from, as for it being a physical obstruction, well Zoe may find that out shortly
(10:43:51 PM) Prof Zobot: Are there any other ways out we saw?
(10:44:14 PM) starwar009: yes. The library has three other doors set in it's walls
(10:45:51 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: ...A moment, Lady Zoe. Though I do doubt not you can read whilst walking, I DO doubt you can read whilst fleeing for your life most effectively.
(10:46:38 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: You do not have a lot of faith in my abilities.
(10:46:40 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: If we survive to see the rising sun again, THEN we can discuss this.
(10:47:02 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: So you will allow me to read the book... once it is no longer in our possession.
(10:47:35 PM) starwar009: is zoe still walking forwards?
(10:47:39 PM) madgirlkate: Yes.
(10:47:59 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Growling* I said no such thing! *Grabbing her* Other way!
(10:48:15 PM) Prof Zobot: Demo. About how fast is the shadows moving?
(10:48:46 PM) starwar009: ok, just before Sai grabs Zoe she puts a foot in the darkness. What's Zoe's soak?
(10:48:46 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Ow! You said tomorrow, and we probably will have given the book back by then! And what are you doing?!
(10:48:59 PM) madgirlkate: Which soak?
(10:49:04 PM) starwar009: and it doesn't seem to be moving at all now. lethal.
(10:49:11 PM) starwar009: *and Lethal soak
(10:49:20 PM) madgirlkate: Shoot, lemmie find my other char sheet. Sorry.
(10:49:24 PM) starwar009: np
(10:49:49 PM) madgirlkate: 8
(10:50:42 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: ... *pretty much fed up with this* We. Will. Discuss. Reading. The. Book. When. We. Get. TOPSIDE. Not a moment before!
(10:51:07 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Zoe still wants to read the book, right? Then it's reasonable that if she wants to read it, she'll have to follow Sai if he has it.
(10:51:39 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: So I am supposed to IGNORE the fact that shortly after you pick up a book known for altering minds, you being to act short-tempered and irrational?!
(10:52:05 PM) Prof Zobot: Drawing from that line of logic, and the fact that Sai is in warform and has the mutation that allows him to move faster while in warform, he's going to make for one of the three doors in the library. Better a mundane risk than a supernatural one
(10:52:19 PM) starwar009: drat, forgot, how much of that is armor? it's piercing dmg here
(10:52:41 PM) madgirlkate: She's Sta 3 and wearing lamellar armor.
(10:53:09 PM) madgirlkate: (Z, can you pause? I think this was supposed to have resolved already, continuity-wise)
(10:53:18 PM) Prof Zobot: (Er, sure. I'll pause)
(10:53:36 PM) starwar009: yeah, we're a bit ahead of things ^.^; sorry, trying to get this bit right. don't want to do too much dmg
(10:54:47 PM) starwar009: ok, now, lamellar armor gives 8L soak... which means she should have 9L soak with her stamina I believe, but anyway, the armor bit is halved, so her soak is 5 for these purposes. which means one die to roll
(10:56:03 PM) starwar009: Zoe takes 1L dmg. so when she steps into the shadow, just before Sai pulls her back, she feels a sharp grinding pain, like someone rubbed sandpaper into her foot hard enough to draw blood.
(10:56:51 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Sai! TELLING me that things are a cause for danger is more effective than indicating vaugely that SOMETHING nearby may be dangerous and shoving me around! *irritated*
(10:57:49 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Pointing at the shadow* THAT, Lady Zoe, is why I am being short-tempered and irrational. That reeks of wyld and so does this book. So PLEASE follow the aspiring knight and he'll try to keep you safe in order to let you read your precious book when we're no longer in a dangerous zone!
(10:58:26 PM) Prof Zobot: Imaginary Inner Peri: (OOC) Sitting on Sai's shoulder, with a wrench, glaring at him sternly
(10:59:50 PM) You have been disconnected from chat room !aol://2719:10-4-msw.
(11:00:42 PM) ladymadsci entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) linda thomas entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) starwar009 entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) Prof Zobot entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) Dr. Beard entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) madgirlkate entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) wallycaine entered the room.
(11:00:42 PM) Lucretius Williams entered the room.
(11:00:51 PM) starwar009: back, sorry, internet wee))
(11:00:57 PM) wallycaine: Figured
(11:01:20 PM) starwar009: anyway, last I got was: (10:58:26 PM) Prof Zobot: Imaginary Inner Peri: (OOC) Sitting on Sai's shoulder, with a wrench, glaring at him sternly
(11:01:32 PM) madgirlkate: All you missed was (8:00:20 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Given your immediate history of taking LONGER to provide LESS information pertaining to any source of danger, I fail to see why your keeping me safe is optimal, as opposed to the inverse. *snappish, but has stepped back from the shadows and walks to the other door, trying not to limp*
(11:01:39 PM) linda thomas: (Aspiring knight? I can see that, Zobot-it fits Sai.)
(11:02:15 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok... so anyways, Sai is going to move towards the same door Zoe is going towards. Since the immediate threat is behind them, he'll be behind her just in case the shadows for some reason attack..
(11:02:33 PM) starwar009: As Zoe and Sai move away the blood from Zoe in the shadow swirls lazily slowly pulled into the depths, before it feels like the entire structure shudders
(11:02:34 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *does not appreciate the 'I need to protect you' stuff, especially since her stepping into the darkness, getting injured, and figuring out that it was dangerous would not have happened ANY DIFFERENTLY had he not been there at all*
(11:02:53 PM) Prof Zobot: (It was a core concept of Sai's character. In another universe where he hadn't been disgraced, he would have tried to become a patrician and served in the military)
(11:02:55 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *tries the door*
(11:03:22 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Remains adamant that if he hadn't have grabbed her it would have been way worse. Also, he protects everyone*
(11:03:31 PM) starwar009: alright, let me lay out the scene a bit. the library, when you face it, has a hallway behind you, a door to the right, to the left and straight ahead. which do you try?
(11:03:42 PM) madgirlkate: One on the left.
(11:03:57 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai's following Zoe, so he's going towards the same door
(11:04:50 PM) starwar009: ok, that door opens to reveal another hallway, this one still lit by dim emergency lights, a door on the right and the hallway curves away to the right further down
(11:05:06 PM) madgirlkate: How fast is the darkness moving?
(11:06:19 PM) starwar009: it's starting to move into the library now, it seems to be more... creeping than anything else. but as he watches, a drop of Zoe's blood is absorbed from the floor and dissapears into the shadow, sending another shudder through the entire structure and the shadow seems a little faster
(11:06:50 PM) madgirlkate: How long do we have before the closest door in the library gets nommed?
(11:06:56 PM) madgirlkate: If it continues at its current speed.
(11:07:12 PM) Prof Zobot: ...wait, what if it's following the book?
(11:07:14 PM) starwar009: a minute maybe.
(11:07:27 PM) Prof Zobot: Hm. Even if it is, our directoin and plan still wouldn't change
(11:07:37 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe is going to hurry over and open the other two doors to see where they lead.
(11:07:52 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai will remain in one place The shadow doesn't move any further forward, does it?
(11:09:33 PM) starwar009: the one to the north(to simplify things: south is the direction you entered from.) has a hallway leading forwards, with a door on the left and branches in three other directions further ahead. the shadow is moving still, very slowly, to fill the room
(11:09:59 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: Hm...
(11:11:03 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Keeping track, Sai's only regained 6 motes of essence after his last fight by my motes. Whatever this is, I don't think fighting is a smart idea.
(11:11:22 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Given your current reticence, I would propose the northward exit, seeing as we do not know about the shadow's ability to move through walls. Given that information, you may now use whatever facts you are keeping to yourself to yell, shove, or otherwise generally snap at me about the direction you would like to go.
(11:11:35 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: And I would like to add that I *can* flee and read at the same time.
(11:12:36 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Also that if they wyld in the book is connected to that in the shadows, reading it may be beneficial. Additionally the binary nature of your current arguement seems to imply that I cannot *stop* reading the book, should additional problems arise.
(11:12:55 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: And what if you can't?
(11:15:12 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Are you asserting that I have misinterpreted your willingness to grab a book out of my hands if you believe that it is in my best interests, even ignoring relevent evidence?
(11:15:32 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *heading out the north door*
(11:15:39 PM) starwar009: the shadow continues to fill the room, part of it approaching another drop of Zoe's blood on the floor. it's maybe five feet in
(11:18:36 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *His voice quiet, oddly sober for being in warform* I owe Master Peri and Master Rassilon a lot for what they did for me. *Following her* And Master Peri... he's given up a lot. He can't be there with his family anymore. You're the only family he still has left. That is why I'm protective of you. If you wanted to read the book, and we were safe, I would let you read it, but for one thing. If Master Peri loses you, he's lost the last person from his past that he hasn't lost because of becoming what some call Anathema. I will not risk your life because if something happens to you and he wasn't there to prevent it, it may break him. And I'd have to be the one to tell him
(11:19:05 PM) Prof Zobot: (And yes, I am aware of the irony in what Sai just said)
(11:19:26 PM) Prof Zobot: Anyways, Sai is following Zoe.
(11:19:44 PM) starwar009: alright as you both walk along the hallway you pass the door on the left, it's got a sign on it in first age script
(11:20:18 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Sai, we are likely *underground*. If this is the case, we will need to use *stairs* to get out. *will read the sign*
(11:20:23 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *or try to*
(11:21:16 PM) starwar009: does she have old realm/first age script as a language she reads?
(11:21:59 PM) madgirlkate: Old realm.
(11:23:32 PM) starwar009: ok, then she can read it just fine, the room on the left is a simple storage closet.
(11:24:13 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Storage closet. *continues*
(11:24:34 PM) madgirlkate: She'll reach back and see if it's unlocked, though.
(11:24:37 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Following Zoe, keeping an eye on the shadows in the background*
(11:25:27 PM) starwar009: a short time later you both reach the split in hallways, continuing north is a wall and the hallway goes East and West, East of your current position is another hallway with a door on each side of the hallway and branches to the northeast and to the south from there, to the west is a hallway with a door along the south of the corridor and continues west after a branch that goes south.
(11:25:51 PM) starwar009: the shadows behind you have just reached the door from the library to the hall you're in, and it seems to be moving faster still
(11:25:55 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: ...my point is that 'risking my life' covers a very broad catagory of things, a lot of which are necessary.
(11:26:35 PM) starwar009: also, you all can hear a grinding sound somewhere to the northeast, the structure still rumbling and shaking occasionally.
(11:27:20 PM) madgirlkate: Grinding like machinery, or grinding like 'the building is in the process of collapsing'?
(11:27:41 PM) starwar009: grinding like something rough rubbing against metal.
(11:28:10 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *heads East, and will go along the northeast branch*
(11:29:24 PM) starwar009: ok, as you pass the doors, the one on the north reads "records" and the one to the south reads "data tabulation"
(11:29:31 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: And thy point, while valid, also doth not diminish my point.
(11:31:17 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok, I'll bite. Sai will spend a mote to trigger his anima banner's lantern effect.
(11:31:18 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: No, but it DOES mean that my point pertaining to getting information on this darkness is more valid than your point that I should not be doing anything dangerous.
(11:31:31 PM) starwar009: as you head up the northeast branch the grinding is increasing in frequency, getting more high pitched and you can see a point further along the hallway starting to glow with heat, the rest of the hallway heating up slowly.
(11:33:43 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: So are you going to continue to endanger both of us with false rationalization? Should I be aware of this for future decisions?
(11:34:09 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Looking around and thinking* ...fine, but with conditions.
(11:34:29 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: I will allow you to read the book on three conditions.
(11:38:25 PM) starwar009: the hallway continues to heat up as the grinding gets louder and more high pitched, the spot on the ceiling of the tunnel further ahead gowing from a dull red glow to a more orangish brighter glow
(11:38:36 PM) starwar009: the spot beginning to buckle and warp
(11:38:40 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: The first, if we art thrusted into immediate danger, or I feel the book is posing a risk to your mind or your life, I will take it back from you and you WILL. NOT. CHALLENGE. IT. The second, you agree to answer any questions I ask with what useful information you have on the subject, even if you don't wish to. Third, we both vow never to mention to Peri about how I flagrantly put thy life into risk merely at the hint of gaining assistance with our current threat.
(11:39:40 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Fine, fine, but I'm buying you a dictionary so you can learn what 'flagrantly' means. *holds out her hand, looking up at the spot*
(11:42:00 PM) madgirlkate: ...I imagine that in the wyld, Zoe would actually have snark begin to crystalize around her.
(11:42:08 PM) starwar009: the spot is still growing brighter, bits of molten metal starting to drip down from it to the floor, the hallway like a sauna for the heat, and another sound of grinding starting up a little ways behind you both back the way you came.
(11:42:32 PM) madgirlkate: Is there anything past the spot?
(11:43:12 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Sai will... GINGERLY... hand the book to Zoe. I still think it's bad news, and it's against his better judgement, but... she makes a convincing, if poorly spoken, argument.
(11:43:14 PM) starwar009: there is a split in the hallway, one going south and the other north.
(11:43:51 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok.... so the light from the molten metal and Sai's anima banner isn't affecting the shadow at all?
(11:44:32 PM) starwar009: the shadow isn't in sight from here, you all took the east branch and it still hasn't caught up to the split in the paths yet.
(11:44:39 PM) madgirlkate: Wait, is the split before or after the melting ceiling?
(11:44:43 PM) madgirlkate: ('poorly spoken'?)
(11:45:09 PM) starwar009: the split that is ahead of you, is after the melting ceiling.
(11:45:13 PM) Prof Zobot: (Abrasive)
(11:45:41 PM) madgirlkate: (aaah, poorly spoken for an argument. gotcha)
(11:46:44 PM) Prof Zobot: (I mean, it's in character, but Zoe isn't gonna win any charm contests anytime soon. No offense)
(11:47:18 PM) starwar009: and the grinding a little behind you is slowly picking up speed , the cieling of the hallway behind you starting to gain a somber dim glow of red too
(11:47:39 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok... so it's getting hotter. Crap.
(11:48:20 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: NOW, Sai. *grabs his arm and tugs, starting to run under the ceiling, avoiding the part that is dripping if possible*
(11:48:34 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: Aye! *he's going to charge forward with Zoe*
(11:48:45 PM) madgirlkate: (Zoe's temper is at odds with her knowledge of how people refuse to internalize data if they feel attacked)
(11:49:40 PM) Prof Zobot: We aren't ignoring Wally and Jane, are we? Just making sure we're not giving all our screen time to Zoe and Sai
(11:49:57 PM) ladymadsci: I'm conversing w/ Demo in another tab.
(11:50:06 PM) wallycaine: Eh, don't worry about it. Grang's doing his bodyguard thing
(11:50:22 PM) starwar009: and wally... sorry man, you'll get stuff when the solars arrive. ^.^;;;
(11:50:32 PM) wallycaine: It's okay ^_^
(11:50:57 PM) starwar009: ok, after the spot you can see the hallway to the north heads back to the west a little while ahead and the one to the south keeps going for quite some time before heading west as well
(11:51:32 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Sai will sniff at the two passages. Which passage has air that smells... fresher? Less stale? Whatever
(11:51:32 PM) starwar009: Zoe does see a sign that reads "overseer office" pointing to the south though
(11:51:47 PM) starwar009: the passage to the south smells less stale
(11:51:54 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: South says overseer office. *heads in that direction, opening the book and starting to read*
(11:52:56 PM) Prof Zobot: Sai: South passage smells better. The air smells better. Good choice.
(11:53:51 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *walking quickly as she reads*
(11:54:57 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Sai is going to keep an eye on Zoe. If anything seems weird about her, Demo, he'll try to notice it
(11:56:13 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *is reading. She now appears much more normal than she did 10 seconds ago, because she has a book now*
(11:56:59 PM) starwar009: kk
(11:57:07 PM) Prof Zobot: What do we see?
(11:57:10 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *flips to chapter 6*
(11:57:38 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *it would probably be better to get the proper introduction and stuff, but there is SOME urgency here*
(11:58:15 PM) Prof Zobot: SaiOOC: If that book is anything like the broken winged crane I just screwed everyone of us here.
(11:58:29 PM) starwar009: as you all walk down the hall, you see two doors on your right, the first labled "armory" and the second labled overseer's office. a little further down the hallway turns to the right... but you all can see the darkness creeping around the corner from there
(11:59:00 PM) Prof Zobot: Wait. Armory?
(11:59:21 PM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *glances up from the book, then goes into the overseer's office*
(11:59:45 PM) starwar009: yes armory
(11:59:46 PM) Prof Zobot: Ok, Sai is going to look into the Armory
(7/1/2012 12:00:10 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *flips to the index*
(12:01:34 AM) starwar009: inside the armory are piles of weapons and armor of various designs. most of the armor seems extremely bulky, it has to be power armor or no one who wasn't an exalt could even move in the things. The weapons all seem to be long reach pike like weapons.
(12:02:19 AM) Prof Zobot: ....Oh Demo, you are so nice to me
(12:02:52 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *also glances around the office to see if there is anything useful/informational/labeled 'break glass in case of wyld attacking'.
(12:02:56 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok, Sai is looking for a spear or some sort of polearm. Ideally made of moonsilver, but he's not picky. I imagine time is of the essence.
(12:03:06 AM) starwar009: and inside the overseer's office is a desk and filing cabinet, the room seems to have been ransacked, paperwork flung everywhere, books pulled from the bookshelves and a single body curled up in the corner, frozen in the fetal position, covering head with dessicated hands, the body seemingly mummified
(12:03:55 AM) starwar009: perception + investigation for both sai and Zoe
(12:04:37 AM) Prof Zobot: 2,2,2,4,2, 8 (1 success)
(12:04:47 AM) madgirlkate: 4 successes
(12:06:53 AM) starwar009: ok, Sai is able to find a polearm or... twenty easily, but in the dim light he can't tell what any of them are easily.
(12:07:19 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok. Armor?
(12:07:44 AM) starwar009: and Zoe finds nothing of importance looking through the paperwork, however, she does find a mirror like the one in the acting matron's room, with the five little circles etched into the glass.
(12:07:47 AM) Prof Zobot: He'll look for armor too..
(12:08:07 AM) starwar009: ok, either a new roll, which will take up more time, or do you want to use the last one?
(12:08:59 AM) Prof Zobot: A new roll, I guess. He's looking for something he can wear or run on low power.
(12:09:19 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *loudly* Sai, there is a possibility that this is an exit, and I would like to make sure you are here before I test it. *reading*
(12:09:29 AM) Prof Zobot: ...nevermind. Fine.
(12:09:42 AM) starwar009: heh, righto
(12:09:53 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai will grab both fists full of polearms and move with them to where Zoe is
(12:10:40 AM) Lucretius Williams left the room.
(12:11:29 AM) starwar009: ok, he can see the shadow approaching from the south and another shadow from the north. all heading your way
(12:11:54 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: Zoe? If thy hath a way out we need to use it now.
(12:12:10 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe will shove a mote of essence into the mirror, still looking at the book.
(12:14:05 AM) starwar009: the mirror shimmers and reveals another room, with a normal door in sight, and no darkness
(12:14:27 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *steps through the mirror*
(12:15:47 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Following!*
(12:16:52 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *flips back to the intro*
(12:18:35 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: What is in that book, anyway?
(12:19:17 AM) starwar009: on the other side of the mirror is a room, it's like a waiting room, a couple chairs line the wall, a door is in front of you with a sign marked "overseer", to the right is one of the flat empty pieces of wall that were the doors in the hallway from before, and to the left is a large full wall window... looking out into a huge brightly lit dome built out of oricalcum and quicksilver, jade, starmetal and even some soulsteel, there is a small metal complex of buildings built into the side of the dome opposite the window here, the buildings are held up by buckling struts of metal and a strange... cloud of darkness surrounds parts of it. at the center of the dome is what looks like the debris of a single large factory.
(12:20:24 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: It is mostly a lot of information on the mind, but the middle of it switches to a different language, which, even with the wyld corruption in mind, is not something I approve of in a book.
(12:20:25 AM) Prof Zobot: This feels kind of... desolate.
(12:21:02 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *glances out the window* ...knowledge of our current location seems desireable.
(12:22:15 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: Oh, aye.
(12:22:49 AM) madgirlkate: Can we still hear the grinding noise?
(12:23:19 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: That cloud of darkness. mayhap that t'was what we were facing before?
(12:23:38 AM) starwar009: not from here no.
(12:25:06 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *reading* Do you know if solar-centrism is a thing? *checks the first few pages for copyright information*
(12:25:21 AM) ladymadsci: *snicker*
(12:25:54 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: ...solar WHAT now?
(12:26:59 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok, Sai is looking around. Is there any ways out of here? Ideally, can we see daylight or light anywhere?
(12:27:12 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: This would seem to indicate that a combat-oriented solar would be more mentally equipped in general than a research-oriented lunar.
(12:28:14 AM) starwar009: no, you don't see daylight anywhere, but one of those teleport-y doors is to your right. like the ones in the hallway you got to the shadow infested building from.
(12:28:28 AM) madgirlkate: Can we search the room?
(12:28:43 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: ....I would give a great deal to know the history of this place.
(12:29:15 AM) starwar009: you may... though you may be better served by searching the overseer office who's door is in front of you?
(12:29:28 AM) starwar009: the room you're in is pretty much empty
(12:29:35 AM) madgirlkate: I thought we came from the overseer's office.
(12:29:57 AM) madgirlkate: There was a door labeled overseer's office, so we went through that one. Zoe searched whatever room that was, found the mirror, and came to this room.
(12:30:31 AM) starwar009: yes, which has another door labled overseer office
(12:30:42 AM) Prof Zobot: Sounds like we should look into the office of the Overseer
(12:31:02 AM) madgirlkate: ...huh. Alright. Zoe will go through that door and search that room.
(12:31:24 AM) starwar009: alright, perception + investigation like last time
(12:31:45 AM) Prof Zobot: Sure!
(12:31:46 AM) madgirlkate: 3 successes
(12:32:04 AM) Prof Zobot: 5,8,9,3,3, 6 (2 successes)
(12:37:23 AM) Prof Zobot: kwar?
(12:37:42 AM) starwar009: alright, this room is much more... impressive than the last one. heavy stone and oak desk with gold filligre taking up almost half the room, a large bookcase full of leather backed books, and several scroll racks full of scrolls. the scrolls are a bit delicate but remarkably well preserved for their age. You manage to find in your searches that this was a major project of the solar empire, trying to use the essence of the wyld to create limitless energy, forcing it to produce from it's endless nature an endless stream of essence to be able to power new even greater creations. The experiment logs start off very promising, but as they go along there are instances of reports of workers seeing things, odd ephermal visions, that got more common as the project was pushed along. the rports stop a bruptly after about 5 years of logs. you also find what looks like a crystal set in the center of the desk, lined with little wires of oricalcum
(12:38:58 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Eyes wide* ...well.
(12:39:11 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Somehow I am unsuprised. *back to reading the intro of the book again* I would posit that the author of this book was probably related to this project.
(12:40:51 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Can you carry the experiment logs? The leaders of Nexus should probably know about this as well as the essence-powered tunnels.
(12:41:23 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Looking at the scrolls, and looking back at his spears. And looking back at the scrolls. And then he whines*
(12:41:33 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: What?
(12:41:52 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: ....nothing of any consequence.
(12:41:57 AM) starwar009: *snrk* poor sai.
(12:42:05 AM) madgirlkate: ...how many scrolls are there and how big are they?
(12:42:10 AM) madgirlkate: And is no one carrying a backpack?
(12:42:33 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok, Sai is going to put some of the spears DOWN. Since he doesn't have a backpack and it IS his motivation to learn the true history of the world, he'll just take the scrolls with him and take the Jade Spear and any of the other spears he can
(12:44:23 AM) starwar009: there are a lot of scrolls, but the records of the experiment's timeline is only 5 scrolls and they're not too big
(12:44:38 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai doesn't have a backpack with him. He's currently a hulking wolfmonster
(12:44:45 AM) madgirlkate: Does Zoe have a backpack?
(12:45:21 AM) Prof Zobot: Technically, most of his clothing would have ripped apart, but modesty gives him his pants
(12:45:27 AM) starwar009: probablt not.
(12:45:34 AM) madgirlkate: ...I don't think that's how warform works.
(12:45:41 AM) Prof Zobot: It grows your size.
(12:45:52 AM) starwar009: and it doesn;t warform sends all your stuff to elsewhere
(12:45:57 AM) madgirlkate: *nods*
(12:46:25 AM) wallycaine: (Any personal objects such as nomagical armor and backpacks and stuff are subsumed in the shapeshifting... sent to elsewhere, like they said)
(12:46:35 AM) Prof Zobot: Phew. That makes me feel better
(12:46:49 AM) madgirlkate: *nods*
(12:46:55 AM) Prof Zobot: Regardless, Sai's low on essence and spending motes to change back.
(12:47:14 AM) Prof Zobot: *not spending motes to change back
(12:48:27 AM) starwar009: righto.
(12:48:47 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *flips through the book again*
(12:48:47 AM) starwar009: so he can probably carry the scrolls and 5 spears comfortably.
(12:49:15 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: Couldn't you close that book and carry some of these as well?
(12:51:16 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: I could, or I could carry some in one arm, and hold the book in my other hand.
(12:52:41 AM) madgirlkate: ...how many spears is he carrying?
(12:52:42 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: That was what I meant, mostly. Carry the book under your shoulder and carry scrolls with both hands
(12:53:56 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *In defense of his spears* These art First Age Relics. And Grang cracked the handle of mine.
(12:54:24 AM) starwar009: he broght a good 20 or so
(12:55:24 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: ...so you need 20 to replace it.
(12:55:36 AM) madgirlkate: How big are the scrolls?
(12:56:16 AM) Prof Zobot: Sai: *Shifts uncomfortably* They're merely well crafted. And they could use every good weapon they've got at the city.
(12:58:04 AM) starwar009: they're each about a foot wide and about 3 inches thick
(12:58:30 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: Ah, yes. The 'if I don't use words, then there are a LOT more combinations of letters available' approach. *sarcastic at the book* I can carry scrolls under one arm, Sai.
(12:59:22 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok. regardless! We need to get moving. Sai is going to take all the scrolls he can and from what I see Zoe's doing the same. They'll keep going
(12:59:59 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe's going to take the experiment log scrolls, and keep reading, and then she'll activate the blank spot so they can go through.
(1:03:55 AM) Prof Zobot: Ok. SO we're going through
(1:04:33 AM) starwar009: alright, stepping through, you all find yourselves in the original hallway that has the opening into the crypt.
(1:04:47 AM) starwar009: and we'll wrap it up here for the night! good game everyone
(1:04:59 AM) madgirlkate: Wooooo!
(1:05:06 AM) wallycaine: \o\
(1:05:19 AM) wallycaine: Grang: *has gotten good at not doing much*
(1:05:20 AM) wallycaine: :P
(1:05:21 AM) Prof Zobot: Hopefully next time Wally and Jane get stuff too... sorry.
(1:05:25 AM) ***Prof Zobot feels bad.
(1:05:26 AM) starwar009: ssxp: 4xp for everyone and +1 to zoe and Sai for their adventures in discovering interesting things in hidden tunnels
(1:05:32 AM) ladymadsci: Yay!
(1:05:33 AM) wallycaine: It's fine zobot
(1:05:38 AM) wallycaine: We go where the story takes us
(1:05:51 AM) wallycaine: It makes up for all the times the story followed Wei around for hours
(1:06:15 AM) Prof Zobot: I know. I just feel like I'm hogging the limelight.
(1:06:16 AM) madgirlkate: Zoe: *research!*
(1:07:55 AM) Prof Zobot: Heh... Good night everyone!
(1:08:03 AM) wallycaine: night
(1:08:19 AM) linda thomas: G'night.
(1:08:40 AM) ladymadsci: Night!
(1:09:04 AM) madgirlkate: G'night!
(1:09:47 AM) starwar009: ok, posting logs then shower, then back to just hang out with anyone who wants to hang out

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:43 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » *cousin
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » 4 xp for everyone, +1 for peri. and now I'll brb. neeeeeed fooooooooood.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » Woo!
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » Peri: *slides to a stop* ... I think my weapon outweighs my sousin.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » Ti: *grins* Grang!
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » and that's it for tonight!
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 am » alright, you all manage to make it through the gate, which luckily opened withut much fuss for you all. and surprisingly you all see a familiar face on the other side. Grang.
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » Nice
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » ...*would have been amused if Hue had rescued GB, but was unaware he needed rescuing*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » Yay Grang!
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » Okay, if Rass and Flim are taken care of, like I said, Ti will grab GB.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » Grang: *calmly standing above the gate, shooting the raiders to buy the solars enough time*
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am » Rassilon: in which case you've got a lot of catching up to do cousin~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am » GB has two. He needs help?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am » Rassilon: That works~
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am » Peri: It's a tradeoff, I wasn;t doing much for about three years.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am » Okay, I guess Ti dosn't after all, then. If that just leaves GB, Ti will grab him.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am » Rassilon: I'm feeling rather usless these past few weeks~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am » Hue's got Flim.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:27 am » Peri will pick Rass up.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 am » alright: anyone with less than 2 successes isn't fast enough, and needs help. if you have more than 2 successes you can help someone, but only one person. ^.^
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 am » more agile :P but he's jsut got horrible rolls tonight
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 am » Ti: *picks up Rass like a sack of potatos again*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am » ...man, how is Fist more stealthy then the abyssal?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am » fist: 4 breeze:2 adachi: 3 Rass: 0
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:24 am » 10,7,2,10,7 (6 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:24 am » ...Watch this entire campaign be rescue missions.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 am » GrangOOC: *is blamed*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 am » 9,9,1,3,5, 5,7 (3 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 am » 7,4,3,5 (1 success)
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 am » Sidereals, maybe.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am » I don't think you can blame Vriska if she doesn't exist. Like fairies.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am » I blame Sods Law
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am » alright. you all manage to make it most of the way to the town before one of the sodiers noticed you, which... oddly seemed to mean the entire camp noticed you, an chorused yell rose from all around as the soldiers nearby all surge towards you all. everyone gets to make dex + athletics checks to see if you all make it.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:19 am » ...or two left feet?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:19 am » Can we blame Sidereals? Or Vriska?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am » And even with a pet abyssal.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am » We are the least sneaky sneaks in the history of stealth.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 am » 1,2,3 (botch x 1) (whoops)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am » 5,7,7,4 (2 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am » I'll try
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am » you can all assist if you like
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 am » Or all we all asisting?
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 am » 4,4,5,6,9, 4 (1 success)
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 am » heh, I need to bump up those stats-combined they're a four. Well, Peri assisted. Only one assist, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 am » yepyep
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 am » dex plus stealth?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 am » 3,5,7,9,6, 8 (3 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 am » Pfff..
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 am » he managed to only get 2 successes... XD
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 am » so assisting rolls?
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am » Breeze: *thinks* guess we'll see eh?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am » *bank
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am » Peri: I;m willing to bak on you wanting to spite the dragon bloodedmore, honestly.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 am » *chances
Claire « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 am » Hue: If you raised the alarm in the middle of that crowd, I wouldn't think much of your chaces either.
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:09 am » Breeze: So... yas do realize this would be a good chance t' get you yas killed right?
Professor Zobot « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:09 am » ooo
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am » righto. let me roll GB since he seems to have the highest stealth.
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am » okay b y me.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am » Big.
Jane Narbon « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am » righto. so are we doing this in small groups or one big group?
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 am » Assists it is.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am » *though
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am » Tough I could try to disguise my way in
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 am » Stealth 2, Dex 4.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 am » neither is Flim
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am » Fist is not stealthy...
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am » GB:*stealth check of 10 total*
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am » What about Hue? Or Fist?
chicgeek « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:02 am » heh, my stealth is two.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:02 am » I vote for stealthies leading with assists. My steal is 6.
Wallycaine « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am » alright, so stealth check for the group. we'll make a couple checks from the stealth oriented people to lead the group through, or smaller groups through, larger group is harder.
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:00 am » .
Mithril Jack « Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:00 am » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:59 pm » Peri: Sneak through, Sensei. By the time we destroy the army, they;ll be too far ahead of us.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 pm » Fist: ok... what we do then? smash through anyway?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 pm » Peri: Hm! Thats a thought..
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 pm » ((Bluh overuse of concepts in a dumb fashion))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 pm » Hue: A sketch without the details.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm » Hue: Reminds me of old stories about the Wyld invasions. *shudder* Like someone had a rough idea of what an army should look and act like, but didn't bother with the details... odd behavior, "chaos on a thousand legs"...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm » it's disorganized, but usually disorganized armies are also very loud and boisterous. this is pretty much dead silent
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm » ALMOST a regular army, but acting in a manner that normaly signals an army is dying.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm » They're hitting the Army Uncanny Valley.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm » What makes the army so creepy?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm » Densandor is solar friendly, even.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm » surrounds denandsdor, that is
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm » Then let's sneakity sneak in to Denandsor.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm » so we need to scout out the creepy army that surrounds it
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 pm » Maps being very good ideas when going into the city of terror.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 pm » right.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 pm » Okay. Then we're doing that.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 pm » ok, I want to make everything clear here since there's been some confusion so far: the empty city is abandoned, only the dragon bloods were hanging out nearby. Denandsor is a smaller more recent town, that is currently surounded by a creepy army. you all are heading towards Denandsor to get a map of the Empty City.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 pm » Right, the only stories that occur to Hue for armies seeming to have formations and rest in ways that make no sense, would be the Raksha armies from the invasion.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 pm » Peri: That group is ahead of us, in the Empty City. We're in a race to find it with them. But Rass is banged up...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm » Ah well.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm » ...I... guess 50/50 is okay?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm » The town with people still in it? I'd say either direction makes sense.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm » 3,4,9,7,10, 6,1,3 (4 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:46 pm » 0,2,6,1,6, 3,9,3 (3 successes) That is sad, so will use Third
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:45 pm » sure, I can always go in disguised
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:45 pm » Well....probably? Everybody, are we going to Desdanor?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm » *nods* yep beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm » Intelligence + Lore + Specialty and Third Excellency lets you reroll?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm » are you all trying to sneak in?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm » So...do we make it to town all right?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 pm » Peri: *never did read those scrolls*\
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:40 pm » Oh, forgot that doesn't wokr
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:40 pm » /me smiles
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 pm » there is a chance yes beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 pm » There a chance of something like this showing up in old tales?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 pm » Ti: Nope. Maybe they'll know in town?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:37 pm » Peri: ... Hue? Ti? Flim? Any idea what the cause could be?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:37 pm » Heh
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:36 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:36 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 pm » Rassilon: *nods frowning* it's like an army but all wrong... like someone tried to make an army from clay dolls but had no patience for organization...
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 pm » Peri: *points* See? Look at the main tent, and the watch fires.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 pm » Peri: yeah, theres something wrong with it, too.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:32 pm » Breeze: *confused by the weird islanders*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 pm » Rassilon: We need to get a map of the city so we can find the old immaculate temple~ and...*trails off* oh, so that's the army they were talking about~ *looking at the army around Denandsr*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 pm » Peri: *jogging slightly ahead now*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 pm » Heeheehee
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 pm » Rassilon, shipper of Peri <3< Breeze
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 pm » Ti: What? It'll be good for him, Hue-I'm helping him develop humility. *grins at Hue* Next time you can add a dirty limerick, too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm » Peri: HE IS NOT ohmygaiaishutupshutup what was that about the city Hey , we need to get moving gogogogog.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm » Breeze: Wha' th' malfease are yas even talkin' abut?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 pm » Rassilon: Hey I know a better subject~ when did you get a foil~?! *pointing at Gentle breeze*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 pm » Peri: Rass,I put my shoes on backwards a few days ago. Still have trouble thinking on the draw?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm » Hue: ...Ti. Next time you ask me for a pen and ink, I expect you to have a better reason. *is not laughing. Noooope.*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm » Rass:*testing would have included things like hding peri's writing supplies, books, etc*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm » Rass: Sure~ Assuming I'm still the more observant of us two~ You did leave in a hurry so I never got to test it~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm » D'awwwwwww.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm » Ti: *rolls her eyes*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm » Sai will be thrilled.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm » Peri: Fishing for blackmail/The Truth? Been w while. Well... I;m in. If you still need... uh. A partner.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:25 pm » Rass: if we can get a decent map of it I can point out the location and we can go find out some interesting stuff no one's seen in a looooooong long long loooooong time~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:25 pm » A big curly snydly whiplash mustache.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm » ...Okay, what did Ti draw?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm » Rass: Right, the Empty City, the big, shockingly, empty one over there~ has a few secrets stashed away in it~ Including an immaculate temple from before it was the big deal it is today~ and I found indications that there are scrolls in there pertaining to the formation of the immaculate faith~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm » (at least I gotto draw on his face in ink, he didn;t get off scott free.^^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:23 pm » (Peri? Hell no. Thats his countryman. He doesn't want him paralyzed.)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm » Fist doesn't care, it means she might be able to break it again later and Rass is a pacifist, fixing people is perfectly cool, killing them not so much.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm » (I'm surprised neither Peri nor Fist nor Rass objected to Ti's fixing the guy's spine)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm » Peri: You mean the empty one? *to Rass* Tell us while we walk.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm » Hue: First lets just move *away* from here.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 pm » Ti: Maybe then we go to Densandor? (yes I know I've misspelled it)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 pm » Rassilon: oh and someone ask me what it is I'm talking about, I'm getting tired of stringing you along being mysterious~ *amused grin*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm » Rassilon: Right now~? Somepleace with a map of the empty city~ Those idiots are trying to find it by just looking around, but I can point it out on a map~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm » Ti: Rassilon? back to the boat and away, or towards the city? If the dragons wanted something here that badly, I'm not so sure we should let them have it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:18 pm » Peri: *Rolls his eyes and yanks Rass' robe down one shoulder* Birthmark shaped like a turtle. It's him. So where we headed?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:17 pm » Rassilon: I don't know how~ He couldn't possibly have been as good looking or clever as me~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:17 pm » Good question. We n eed to find out what Rass found that made them bring him here.
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm » alright, where are you all heading?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm » Ti: So, we really for sure this is the real deal here? *grins* The other guy fooled us at first, y'know.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm » Rassilon: nope~ I was listening in on them~ and you~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm » ...That means he heard when Fist yelled into it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 pm » Peri: What, and here we thought they were lsistening in... damn.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 pm » Peri: Nah, I got it. *holds it up*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 pm » *snrk*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:14 pm » Yaaaaaaaaaaay keeping it was the right decision!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:13 pm » Rassilon: That is an excellent point miss Ti~ I know~ I was listening in~ can you believe they believed my listening hearthstone was an identifying mark and nothing more~? *laughing as he walks* please tell me you all didn't toss it out~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:13 pm » Ti: *quickly scribbles a curly mustache on the knocked out Dragon* Okay, I'm ready now.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:13 pm » Hue: *nods and offers one, with ink*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 pm » Ti: Hue? Can I borrow a pen?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 pm » Peri: Aw, but all our best family reunions happen near armies. *to Rass* Lets move- shes right, and were kinda by a body. And I TRIED, but they were ahead of us. Never even bothered learning your army code, even.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 pm » Ti: Not to be a downer, but...perhaps we should continue this away from the army?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 pm » Rassilon: Now that the sappy stuff is out of the way; what took you so long cousin~? I was hoping you'd catch up in Nexus~
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:10 pm » (I don't mind.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 pm » Heh
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 pm » Peri: ... *smiles, tearing up* She exalted? And a water, too. Like grandma! *scrubs his eyes* Aw, lilypads. Wish I could have been there for the ceremony.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 pm » Ti: *Ties up the DB, goes to stand by Hue, stays out of thePeri/Rass reunion*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:08 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:08 pm » Rassilon: good~ Lil' Lilly told me to say hi from her if I saw you again~ oh and she exalted, water aspect and she's been quite dilligent in her studies. Says she's going to be an officer of the law when she's done~
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:07 pm » (sOK.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 pm » 7,8,9,2,3, 7,10 (6 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 pm » she does need to roll yes. int + medicine to treat it
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 pm » (Does Ti need to roll for wound mending technique, or assume he's treated?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 pm » (Sorry Lunars!)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm » (Yeah, I kinda figured when the tracks didn't lead straight to the city)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm » Peri: *sniff* No. Not at all. I was fine.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 pm » Ti: *shrugs* If I'd had to kill him in a fight, that'd be different. But walking away from a crushed spine-could if I had to, would rather not. Let's hope it's not a mistake.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 pm » Rass:*hugs* that bad huh~?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm » and the DB is out cold for now.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm » (sounds fair.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm » Peri: *steps away, and walks up to Rass, hugging him tightly*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm » (sincerest apologies to the lunar group, my planning was more than a bit off, so the solar group will probably only just barely arrive in the city tonight's game. next week we'll start with the lunars. and give them the spotlight to start.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 pm » Ti: *smiles* I'll grant you the right to be cranky. Say goodnight, Dragon. *Ti will want to knock him out, and then mend his spine, possibly tying him up, too. *
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 pm » Hue: None of us are enemies of- ...*looks at GB* Okay, ONE of us is an enemy of the state.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 pm » Flim: What, enemies of the state can't show mercy?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 pm » *Gah, whatever, can't spell or type tonight*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 pm » DB: I maintain that I have a right to be somewhat irate when my back is broken and enemies of the state are offering to help.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 pm » ,
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:56 pm » *Exhaltation!*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:56 pm » Rassilon: *trying not to look too awkward* Sooooo... how've things been going for you cousin~?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm » Ti: You're being an ass, oh mighty dragon. But you don't get the death penalty for that. I didn't choose to be blessed by the Unconquored Sun, any more than you choose your Exhalation. Guess we were both lucky. *Kneels down to examine him*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm » Peri: *trying to blow his nose without anyone notecing*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm » Adachi: Thanks sir Hue.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:54 pm » Hue: *pats Adachi on the back* Hey, that could have gone very badly, and then who would save us silly creatures from the dragons?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:53 pm » Peri: *wipes accross his face* Shut up, Breeze.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:53 pm » Ti: Do you *want* to be left with a broken spine in the middle of a battle field? *shakes head* And, maybe, Hue.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:53 pm » {I'm back.}
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm » Breeze: keep telling yourself that kiddo.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm » Adachi: ...*feeling rather useless after that fight* Well... at least I still have my ship.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm » Hue: *ignores defiance*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm » Hue: Do we have a way to knock him out without causing a more greivous injury?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm » DB: I will heal fine on my own. *defiant*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 pm » Hue: *relieved smile* ...We should probably move. Angry anathema-hunting army and all that...
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 pm » Ti: *looks at the DB* I can heal him-but I'd rather not have a revitalized Dragon trying to kill me for it. Perhaps if he's knocked out for a while?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 pm » DB: ...
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm » Peri is, with his foot on the back of a downed foe, trying not to cry and kind of only half sucseeding.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 pm » Rassilon: Heyas Peri~ It's been a while~ And well, I figured out where something was that they wanted to get ahold of~
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 pm » ah, righto ^.^
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm » ok, scratch that, i thought he was still resisting
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm » And then he's gonna stand back up, keeping his foot there. "...hi, cousin.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 pm » Flim: *yelling to the DB* I'll save you my lord! Activates Sledgehammer Fist Punch, which I believe drops my disguise, and strikes. Hopefully I get a bonus for surprise?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 pm » Peri: You do credit to be so loyal. But I think you need to consider what the hell you are being loyal to.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 pm » Peri: *leans down* I love my empire. I love creation. I love my family. I am Precarious Balance of Justice, and no one has the right to strike me down but my family, and no one has the right to strip me of my humanity, charge me when I have done no CRIMES, and no one, NO ONE, above or below creation, may turn their back on ME in a fray, to attack my family.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 pm » Ti: Rass, why did they bring you here?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 pm » Rassilon: mostly sore... and sleep deprived~
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 pm » Fist: What that? Fist not hear dragon child over Fist imagining sound of your breaking spine
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 pm » Peri: She's my teacher. She's known me since I was TEN, and sees no difference in me.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 pm » Ti: All right. *sets him on his feet* Are you injured at all, Rassilon?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 pm » DB: ... You keep fitting company anathma.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm » Rassilon: Fair enough~ I can stand now if that's alright~
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm » Sounds about right.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » doing the math: -1 for health, -1 for prone, -2 for broken spine, -2 for his last action=-6... he has no DV
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » Hue is headed in Peri's direction too, in case help is needed.
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » 5,1,10,6,8, 6,7,2 (4 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » as poorly as he's going to be able to
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » Right.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm » Peri's gonna put his foot on the DBs back- no pressure, just... there.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm » right, roll dex + martial arts to grapple him. he's down, but he can still resist.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm » Ti: Hey, Peri-got you a present.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm » Okay, if the fight is over, Ti will approach with rass, but still not getting too close to the downed DB.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 pm » Ti: Oh, hell...I could heal him up, but not while they're still trying to kill us. We're keeping out of range a bit longer, Rassilon.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm » 2 successes... I'm going to say seeing a dragon blooded not only get knocked down, but having his spine smashed is a 3 difficulty at least, so they're getting out of there.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm » Peri is going to catch up, and try to crab the Dragon blooded by the back of his armor- just find a place to grip with his hand.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 pm » oh, and the guards. let me roll their valor real quick....
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 pm » ok, the Dragon Blooded, while apparently crippled doesn't seem interested in giving up, he still seems to be trying to get up. Peri, Flim and Hue's turns!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm » Rassilon: That woman is not right in the head. *muttered*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm » Peri: *cracks a small smile*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 pm » Oh fist
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 pm » Fist:*slowly straightens smiling in a far too pleased manner, at the guards who are staring quite shocked at what just happened* No one run from Fist until Fist done.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm » Ouch.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm » Poor guy. Ugh
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 pm » eh, they're exalted. probably not quite as fatal. and yeah, the exalted book says that when he heals the dmg, his spine will be fine, but for now any action involving the spine... aka everything except laying down, will suffer a -2 penalty.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 pm » Peri: *trying to run after her* ...oh, hell.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm » That said, Exalted are pretty hardy
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm » Or causes parapalegics, depending on the nature/location of the crushing
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm » Usually
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm » That's... kinda fatal
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm » Eek.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:31 pm » 3 successes... which means her blow is used to crush his spine. let me see what that means in crippled terms for exalted
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm » Oof.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm » Ouuuuch
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm » Dang.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm » and wow, he got unlucky. didn't manage to avoid the knockdown. despite 7 dice and only needing 2 successes. which means Fist in a flash brings her foot up and slams it down in a brutal arc due to her charm. rolling that now ^.^;
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:28 pm » Kwar
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 pm » Woo!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 pm » Wooo!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 pm » 7 raw dmg vs 11B soak= min dmg roll for Fist, but also knockdown. which the DB will have to roll to resist.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm » Peri: *seeing red*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm » 5 successes, the guy usually has a DV of 6, but with his dash action it's 4, so one over.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:22 pm » TiOOC: Remember that nerve cluster on the leg I showed you, Fist!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:22 pm » Go Fist!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm » Fist: FIST NOT SAY YOU COULD LEAVE FIGHT! *using introduction to the stone prince charm 5m and attacking with her 12 dice due to flurrying*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:19 pm » /
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm » righto. Fist will be taking her blow. one sec ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm » Rassilon: I like your plan miss ti~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm » Hmm...following our path back towards the ship. Running into the army or the Empty City sounds bad, and I don't think there's many more options.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 pm » Peri: ... CUR OF THE CORPSE OF LAW, DONT YOU DARE!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 pm » where will Ti be running btw?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 pm » and since it's the DB's turn he's going to charge back at Ti and Rassilon. 11 yards, next up is Ti and Fist. Fist of course, following.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm » Peri: You took my family from me. *quietly* Beleive me a demon, but you have taken a Magistrate, for the crime of investigating. Take me down for the law, but no law supported taking him. He was chosen by the Empress. Who are you, or the monks, to have decided against her, without her judgment.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 pm » Ti: *gets Rass out of the range of the fight, carrying him slung over her shoulder* I'll fix you a restorative later, for now I plan to beat feet and keep away from the fight.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm » Yay! Freedom for Rassilon!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm » The dragon blooded sees Ti come out of the tent and looks back to Peri. "I see. a distraction. Nothing more. "
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm » Ti: And if you're another Rassilon impersinator, I'll take you out myself.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm » Rassilon: ack~ watch it watch it, I've been tied up for weeks, everything's a bit achy!dragged along*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm » 8,6,4,6,4, 4,8,10,2,4 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm » Damn!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm » Ti: *swoops Rassilon up* Hello yourself, let's' go. the ambiance leaves something to be desired. *no pause, hefts him up, runs out*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm » three motes to dd three dice, and thats the last of my personal.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:09 pm » (I will be back after dinner.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm » roll charisma + presence again tinker ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm » and ti's up again, dashing into the tent, where she finds Rassilon... already pulling free of his ropes, tugging at his gag "Can you believe they gagged me~? Rude~ Hello miss Ti~"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:07 pm » Peri: ... if you fight me now, you stand against justice. I am The Empress' Loyal Blade, now as when Iw as born. *bows his head* ... and the Loyal Blade Cuts Both Ways.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 pm » for peri: the DB's MDV was 5. He stops for a moment, though his face is hidden behind his helmet he hesitakes for a moment. "Abathma will lie with honey coated words." He quotes from the immaculate texts as if to reassure himself before setting his stance as it was before. "Your words are without substance."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 pm » (Hey, I like Disney sidekick shenanigans.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:04 pm » (Pfffff. Hue can to the talk down next time. Meanwhile Peris failing all the take-downs.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:04 pm » Yay Hue!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 pm » *imagining Hue's trip as Disney sidekick shenanigans going on in the background while Heroic Peri takes the dramatic lead*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 pm » Sweet!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 pm » yeah, the guard was running and not looking back for hue. he didn't have much of a dodge dv at that point
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm » 2,9,4,5,4, 10,3,10,1,9, 5,9,1,2 (7 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm » Really?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm » Awesome! Best of luck!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm » ok, Hue manages to trip the guard. sending him sprawling
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm » Yesssssss this is gonna be excellent.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:00 pm » (Seven personal.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:00 pm » I;m going to spend seven motes on Essence Overwhelming, to double my roll up to 14.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 pm » Hold on a sec, I have something for this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 pm » 8,3,2,3,9 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 pm » Ooh!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 pm » hmmm, roll charisma + presence tinker
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 pm » *claps*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 pm » (good line)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 pm » Ooo
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:57 pm » Peri: You are no judge of me. You allow hearsay to control your hand. You serve not the spirit of law, Justice, but it's corpse, dogma. But I forgive you for it, brother.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 pm » This is gonna be sad...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 pm » alright, roll dex + martial arts Hue
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm » DB: I am Hand of Punishment of the house Mnemon. And I take nothing from you, I will give you respite from your corruption.*spoken without any particular emtion*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm » (Tis excellent)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm » Hmm... Okay, just wanna trip him up for safety's sake. Do NOT want to kill.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm » (aaaand badass boast for the evening.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:53 pm » Peri: I am The Percarious Balance of Justice, of the House Bundok, Son of son of daughter of daughter of daughter of daughter of daughter to the empress, holder of the laws... *shifts his stance* Patrician. Who are you to take that from me.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 pm » Well there's a guard doubling back after her, however much slower he is than her
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 pm » Okay, does Ti seem to have things under control on her end? Anyone going after her? Hue's going to try to stop anyone who might slow her down.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm » DB: ....You're the anathma that was once Rassilon's brother correct?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm » Damn.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm » Hue's up
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm » no hit again, his DV is 5 after his last attack.
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 pm » 3,8,5,4,3, 10,8,3,5,5, 4,3 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm » no negative for the roll since he's not aiming
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm » He has a negative for the roll, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm » JanOOC: Shh, littlin. They have a fight to do.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm » Peris going to take another step forward and just swing hard, forgoing the aiming, and trying to knock him back or down still.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm » SargeOOC: *Tugging on Jan's sleeve* Bwi, bwi! *Pointing his talons at the people figthing and asking if Daddy Jan can ask them to be quiet so he can sleep*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm » (*snrk*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm » Peri first, I believe?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 pm » Thanks. (having popcorn for the Peri/Fist/Dragon fight)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 pm » next up is hue and peri
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 pm » SargeOOC: *Sleeping on top of a tent* Bwiiiiii. *Wakes up from the fighting* Bwi! *Wishes you young'ins in the second campaign would keep it down*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » Best combo.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » Yeah, she figures there's enough of us, our 7 to their 4, that she will ignore the guards and trust the others to handle them.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » completely ignoring their drunk compatriot
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » Considering a tick is a second or so.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » righto. Ti easily outpaces the guards, it'll take her two ticks to arrive in the tent, after that, we'll continue her bit. the guards are moving for peri and Fist for their turn.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm » Impressive.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm » Yep
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm » I think so?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm » so... 11 yards a tick?
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm » Ooo...that's pretty sweet
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 pm » page 224, increases the distance I can run by my athletics score in yards. My dex is 2, my athletics is 3.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 pm » (Dex+6 Yards per tick)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm » If she has to, she can run up the side of a tent, across a tiny branch, whereever-since somethinga s wide as a hair is wide enough. And, lemme check.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm » Go Ti!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm » right, how fast can you run?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm » Ti spends 10 motes to activate her movement combo-Graceful Crane, Spiderfoot, and lightning speed. She plans to *run* in to the tent, grab Rass without stopping(I have the Strong Back Merit for carrying) and then run out.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm » yep. not her luckiest roll
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm » Ouch, 2 out of 15?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:32 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 pm » Ti's up
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:30 pm » and... 2 successes XD, that's another miss, whiffing over the dragon blooded's head.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm » and fist's attack 15 dice
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm » (PDV 6 for the record.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:28 pm » Peri: *snort*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:28 pm » righto. the tiny blade glances off the tetsubo
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm » Nope.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm » 3?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm » Right.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 pm » (Also his speed is reduced, but yeah)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 pm » 3 successes
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:25 pm » and the dragon blooded is taking a swing at peri: 9 dice to roll
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:25 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm » right, that means his doge is at -6(parry and attack not affected, but he's not going to be doing much dodging)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm » it's ok. next up is Fist and the dragon blooded.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm » Oh, and peris at mobility -6, if that makes a difference.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm » Sorry.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm » Five!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:21 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm » speed on that attack?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm » his dodge is 6, so the heavy blow ripps through the grass where he was standing a second before.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm » Damn.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm » 3,4,4,2,9, 7,10,2,4,1, 1 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 pm » Right.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 pm » righto, that's an aimed blow, so -1 die from your roll for increased likelyhood on a knockdown effect
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm » Hi Sarah :)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm » (Hi.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 pm » Peris going to dart forward into striking disdance, and take a swing at the gaurds legs to try and bowl him over.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 pm » Right.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm » alright, first up is peri then
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm » it's ok ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:12 pm » Sorry, first I couldn't remember the roll and then the chat board stuck for me.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:12 pm » 4,2,8,2,7, 4,3 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm » beard?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm » guards= 3 successes
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm » 3,1,3,10,7 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:06 pm » DB= 4 successes
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:06 pm » Fist=4 successes
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm » 7,6,6,5,10, 10,7,9 (7 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm » 2,1,10,3,5, 9 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm » (oooo!)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm » Flim: Looksh like yer guys come from a long line o' boot polishers ta me, or is that boot lickers?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm » everyone roll join battle. ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm » ok, and at this point there's a rustling in the grass as the guard in the grass stands ssuddenly, facing towards peri and Fist, making just enough noise to draw the guards' attention.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm » Ti: Me too, Hue. me, too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm » Hue: I just hope everyone knows what they're doing. Including us.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 pm » Ti:*to Hue* Okay, when the time is right, you and I run to the tent and get Rass. Looks like Flim's distracting the guards, and Peri and Fist are going to get the one in the grass. We just need to wait for things to start hitting the fan...
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 pm » Flim: Yer gotshta catch me firsht (backs faster)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm » Large guard: *laughs deeply* you're an idiot, yanno that? You're going to get a thrashing either way, better now while you're still drunk then tomorrow morning with a hangover.
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:59 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:58 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 pm » Flim: Yer, yer, yer'd be afraid to try that if yer din't have yer buddies ther ter back ya up (spits on the next guard)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 pm » Large guard: *rolling up sleeves and walking forwards* disciplining a soldier that dun understand when not to drink.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm » Peri: ... *overhearing* .. *seriously? Sloppy army*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm » Flim: Hey waitaminnit, whadaya think yer doin'? (begins backing up drunkenly)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:50 pm » Ti: *waiting with Hue, ready to rush in*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:50 pm » ZobotOOC: Oh the secrets Flim's bartender must know
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm » FlimOOC: only my bartender knows for sure :)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm » The large guard looks down at Flim disgusted and shoves him away hard. "Sarge, think I oughta teach 'im discipline?" The commanding office rolls his eyes and nods. "bit of pain can do wonders to sober a man up."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm » Peri: ... *starts sneaking towards the grass*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm » HueOOC: Flim. Are you, in fact, actually drunk.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 pm » Flim: Yer not th' bosh o me! I'll go where I wanna go!
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm » *completely missed the actually going bit somehow one mo*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm » (Heehee)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 pm » Peri: ... *wondering where this is going*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:43 pm » Flim: (is ready to run likew heck)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:42 pm » ok, the guards by the tent put themselves in his way, one of them looking exasperated. "Really soldier? Drunk? We don't have time for this nonesense, and this isn't the latrine. " He motions out towards the surrounding feilds "You see all that, that's your latrine right now. get it out of your system, then get yourself back here. We're going to have a talk to your CO about getting drunk on duty, cause you sure as malfaes arn't onna mine."
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:42 pm » *snerk*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm » This is gonna be good. *munches popcorn*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm » Peri: *teeeeense*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm » Flim: (stands next to the biggest, meanest looking guard, and begins urinating, "accidentally" missing and splashing him)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm » Flim: (acting drunk, staggering toward the tent) *sings* How dry I am, how dry I am, ..scushe me fellas. need to use the latrine
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm » PeriOOC: Ineed to punch someone. Lemme alone.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm » *snrk*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 pm » alright, go on then Flim, put your plan into action. ^.^
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 pm » 1,10,4,10,10, 9,7,7,1,5, 6 (9 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm » (If the guy in the grass turns out to be Grang I will laugh and laugh and laugh.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:35 pm » righto. go ahead and roll then MJ
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm » page 227
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm » GrangOOC: Jump the guy in the grass, eh?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm » Fist:*grins and thumps Peri's back* is good idea. Will let you get first crack.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 pm » just a moment
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 pm » Peri: ... That works. I still want to jump on the guy in the grass with Sensei. it;s been kind of a tense few weeks.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 pm » clever. page number by any chance MJ?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 pm » Hue: Everyone, I think Flim DOES have a better idea.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm » Flim: (uses Flawlessly impervious Disguise charm to masquerade as one of the guards)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm » Peri: ...me and Sensei coulg go after the guy in the grass. Gurd'sll come to investigate that. Someone can check to see how Rass is.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 pm » Hue: Oh?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 pm » Breeze: yes because no one's thought of that trick before.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 pm » Flim: I have a better idea
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 pm » Ti: Wanna try the old thrown a stone in a different direction to get their attention focused away from us trick?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 pm » Peri: The one in the grass first. Thats probably an exalt.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm » Fist: yes. We could. and pah. if trick then break trick.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm » Ti: Then let's sneakity sneak closer and try. If they see us, we'll have a fight, but the odds still look good.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm » Hue: Assuming this isn't another trick.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 pm » Peri: ... We could probably just knock them out.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 pm » (Ok, back)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 pm » Ti: Seven of us, three guards and a soldier.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:23 pm » Fist: So, we fight now or wait for soldier notice us too?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:23 pm » from where you are, you can see three
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 pm » Peri: *Points* Probably on scouting.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 pm » (How many guards?)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 pm » (Drat, no sneak around the back and slit the canvas. Oh, well.)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm » Ti: Oh? Point him out?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm » all around the tent.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm » Are the guards all around the tent, or just at the entrance to the tent?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm » Peri: *narrows his eyes* Gaurds, what might be rass, and a countryman in the grass.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:20 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:19 pm » Ti: Rass may be in that tent. Notice how the guard's watching the inside, not outside? *points*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:18 pm » alright, Flim doesn't really see anything of note near the camp. Ti notes that there are guards near one of the tents, not so much guarding against people going in as watching who or whatever is inside. Hue doesn't really notice anything besides the normal guards. And peri sees the guards by the one tent, a faint shadow outline from a fire that could be Rassilon, and one dragon blooded crouched in the grass just outside the light of the watch fires, facing towards the army surounding Denandsor.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:16 pm » (Peris ... actualy managing to investigate for once!)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 pm » (Hi, Zobot! We just landed, Breeze determined Rass was not on the dragonblooded's ship, and now we're following their trail)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 pm » shouldn.t have rolled :)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 pm » 6,5,3,1 (botch x 1)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 pm » is Flim rolling as well MJ?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » 4,10,1,3,6, 10,2 (4 successes)
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » /
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » Peri examines the scene at hand, foucus sharpening.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » Guess I'll roll, too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » *claps!*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » 9,1,10,10,8, 10,8 (9 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » Woah.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 pm » 3,10,5,6,1, 3,3 (2 successes) welp.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm » yep
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm » perception + awareness?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm » There are a couple guards, but for the number of tents and how empty the ship was, there's barely anyone there
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm » suspicioooooooouuuuuuuuuuuus.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 pm » a few minutes later you all can see a few tents in the distance and a few watch fires, these ones much more professionally spaced. However the camp seems mostly empty.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 pm » (Hey , what did I miss?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 pm » he's really not sure, but this doesn't seem like a trap.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm » *your
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm » Peri: .... you're guess is as good as mine.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm » 3,5,9,4,2, 2 (1 success)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:05 pm » you can tinker, int + investigation
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 pm » Ti: I mean, I think someone from that army is sneaking behind our dragons, but again, just a guess.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 pm » Can I make a roll for Peri to put together an idea of what the Monks are doing, based on the evidence?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:03 pm » Peri: That;d make sense. Something they're being shown, then?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:02 pm » Ti: I Think they're following, but that's just a guess.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:02 pm » Peri: *on alert*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01 pm » (sounds to me like they didn't meet, they followed.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:00 pm » hmmmm, not really, their trail is more fresh and you can see where it follows the main trail, but you can't tell them apart from the prints of the main trail
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 pm » Hue: It's small. Maybe just a handful of people?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 pm » Peri: So they were coming in and met someone from the army- they're going towards the Empty City... planned meeting.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:58 pm » (can Ti tell if it's someone from the army following the dragon's trail, or if they're joining them?)
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:58 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:58 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:58 pm » Ti: Hmm...that's interesting. There's anotehr trail joining this one, see? And it leads back to the army.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:57 pm » the second one
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:57 pm » yes... ^.^;
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:56 pm » ...Did you mean for one of those hues to be Ti?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:56 pm » anyway, peri sees nothing attention grabbing, but both hue and ti notice a second less obvious trail joining the big one. Hue just can see that the trail seems to be small, hue can tell it was probably only one person at most, and the trail leads back towards the seiging army
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:55 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:54 pm » *snrk* assuming he could get ahold of some))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:53 pm » (trail of puzzle peices.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:53 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 pm » (Knowing him?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 pm » 10,9,7,2,5, 1,8 (5 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 pm » (maybe Rass left a trail of breadcrumbs^^)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:50 pm » 7,9,8,7,5, 1,9,4 (5 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:49 pm » 6,2,7,6,2, 4,7 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:49 pm » *makin the roll*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:49 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm » ,
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm » Ti will.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm » Forward towards the Empty City.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm » (I had thought refering to the old one as the Empty City would work, but oh well ^.^ ) alright, anyway, following the tracks proves easy enough, though anyone that wants to can roll perception + awareness or survival to see about any extra tracks
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 pm » But on to check the tracks!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm » Ooooh, yeah. Thats confusing.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm » next time I need to name the new version of the old city something different. </note to self>
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm » Hue: *nods* Let's go then.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:45 pm » Peri: Thats what it looked like, anyhow. *buckles* We'll find out.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 pm » Peri: We're all going to denandor. Thats where the tracks lead. Around the army, towards Denandor.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:43 pm » Ti: I know you didn't. I was just replying to the suggestion that someone go to Denandor, was all.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 pm » Peri: But the city is abandoned, and horrific, ergo jokes about endless beings of terror and horror. I never said we'd check the army first. Were followin' the tracks.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 pm » Fist: *grins* oh yes. Big fight? Fist not forgive self if not there. *cracks neck*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 pm » (Nope. Just armed and ready, and if the trail grows less tha obvious, I use survival to track)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm » Peri: ... I know. I said we;d do it later. *pulling on his armor top*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm » Ti: We're here to rescue Rass, right? The army is curious, true-but if the dragons went around it, can we really spare the time to satisfy our curiosity about it? When it may take all of us to pull his butt of out the fire? We get Rass, tehn see what happens next, I think. Fist? You coming with us?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm » Fair enough. anything else before you all set out?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 pm » More noticable even with his traveling coat thrown over it, but... well. Scared army.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 pm » Peris going to change into his heavier armor before we go.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm » Peri: historicaly? Only really big ones.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm » Adachi: Deal. Doubt endless nightmares of slumber much care one way or another about swords anyway.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm » Peri: You're a grown man, so sure. But if anything awakens from an endless nightmare of slumber, you head back to the ship.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm » *I'll wait till
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm » Breeze: haha! Dun worry, I'll till after th' islanders are dealt wit.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:37 pm » Adachi: someone has to make sure that one *jerks head at Breeze* doesn't put a knife in everyone's back at least.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:37 pm » Adachi: I'm coming if you'll have me along. *pats the hilt of his sword*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm » Ti: Let's just go.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm » Peri: Do as y; like, then. *stretches* I presume no one is staying behind for their safety?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 pm » Breeze: I dunno iffin it is or not, but the bunch yas all are goin' after is definitely dragon blooded. So gonna stick with tha' one.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 pm » Hue: But getting close to that army isn't exactly an appealing thought.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm » Hue: ...Loath as I am to agree with Gentle Breeze, someone in Denandsor proper might have some idea why the dragons seem to be setting their trap in or near a dead, cursed First Age city.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm » Peri: Is the army *not* dragonblooded? Huh.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 pm » Breeze: again, yas want me t' not go deal with dragon blooded. it's almost like yas dun want me near th' islanders.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 pm » Peri: Hey, if you feel like sneaking around, find out what the empress' slip that tent is fulla.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm » Breeze: Me? volunteer t' go the opposite direction of th' dragon blooded jackenapes? *flat look*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 pm » Peri: ... yeah, good point, Hue. *to Breeze* You're not voulunteering, are you? Because no one likes it when I go off on my own.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:29 pm » Hue: We can always investigate it later. Perhaps with Rassilon's help. *smiles*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm » Breeze: *counts* yas know there's like four a yas right? yas could send someone inta th' city?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm » Peri: ... around it is.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm » Hue: *tiny snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:27 pm » Peri: ... *looks away* ...I... kinda... wish I knew what was going on there.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:27 pm » hee, I like that reference)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm » Ti: Well, just in case the trail gets difficult. Okay, Dragons and Rass first, and maybe we can avoid the weird army all together.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm » Peri: It's gone the poetry of Ach-Pio Crafter of Love over there.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm » Peri: and something is WRONG with that army. I mean, the main tent? They're all avoiding it. This stinks.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm » Peri: Basically, the path leads around the absolutely psychotic army, towards the city. They wrren't hiding it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:23 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm » Ti: That's...strange. All right, looks like we're all going. Peri, I can try to track them.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm » not really, the abandoned city is a place with crazy miasma that makes people paranoid and desire to leave. leaving it full of old first age artifacts that no one can get at, save the residents of Denandsor, making them a strong city for trading first age artifacts.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:21 pm » When we stopped playing last week, we didn't get a chance to look ove rthe scrolls from the temple-did they say anything we don't already know?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm » Hue: None of this feels right. We found an army, but it's an entirely different one, and our dragons seem to have headed for the abandoned city rather than the living one.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm » Peri: *face in hands* Yeeaaaah, I know where they went.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:19 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:19 pm » (pause for a question?)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:19 pm » Ti: Looks like we go to town. What did you two see? You weren't gone very long.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:18 pm » Breeze: nope. Heck, th thing's pre'y much abandoned. Skeleton crew would be stretchin' it. An tha things a pre'y fancy ship too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm » Peri: After that, I can go in and contact the... *rubs his forhead* Belay that. *looks at breeze* Was he on the boat still?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm » alright, on arriving back at the ship, you can see Breeze sitting on a log by the shore, since Adachi won't let him back on the boat. "Back already?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm » Peri: Yeah, everyones staying away from it. *nervous* If Rass isn't on the boat... why would they go to the empty city? Some kind of emergency? *thinks* lets go back and tell the others about it.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm » Hue: Stranger and stranger... Hey Peri. Did you notice the tent in the middle there?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:12 pm » Peri looks towards the tent, shading his hand. "...SOMETHINGS gone messed up here. No ones using the main tent, and the group fromt he ship is headed towards the empty City. This stinks to high heaven like something going terribly wrong.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:10 pm » alright, few large groups can pass through an area without leaving obvious signs of passage, and judging by the way the grass is beaten down from the ship leading away, the majority of the passengers on the ship went around the army, stearing wide of it before continuing towards the Empty City. One other thing catches Peri and Hue's eye, the main tent at the center of the seiging army looks, off somehow, and none of the soldiers are going anywhere near it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:10 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 pm » ,
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 pm » Hee.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 pm » Peri: *while being... the least subtle thing*
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:06 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:04 pm » Peri: *peering around*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:03 pm » 4,7,2,2,10, 9,9 (5 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:03 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm » and sure
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm » Go for it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 pm » Allo Jack.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm » May I assist or do my own roll?
Mithril Jack « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm » hello all :)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm » 3,7,6,1,10, 7,9 (5 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 pm » ah, right. hmmm, roll perception + awareness
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 pm » Looking around to see if the monks disembarked, I beleive.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 pm » {Hi!}
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm » alright, so what will you be doing?
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm » Peri: After we get Rass, we should look into it. Its never good to see an army that scared.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 pm » Peri: ... thats not a regular army. Too quiet. Sloppy orginization. People leaving posts, campires aren't placed right... ithey're scared, and quiet. No seige looks like that.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:51 pm » Though it's dark, Peri has seen armies before, when he visited his mother, so he can say this is a very undisciplined army at best. The watch fires are set too far apart, the various soldiers seem to be incapable of staying at their post more than a few minutes before wandering off, however there is a somewhat unsettling silence about the camp. Usually undisciplined soldiers do a lot of drinking and partying, card games, scuffles, singing... none of it seems to exist in the camp, just a strange silence.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:50 pm » Hue: A siege?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:49 pm » Peri takes a look at the armies in the distance, curious.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm » GrangOOC: And this is why you shoudl bring the bigger club.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm » Hue: That looks like a fair number more peole than our boat could hold.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 pm » Hue: Well... that's... wonderful.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 pm » Peri: ... ominous.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 pm » alright, we'll leave Ti and Flim on the boat as Peri and Hue head for the city. As they mount a nearby hill they can see Denandsor and the empty city in the distance, the smaller, walled, town in the foreground and... surrounded by an army it looks like, watch fires set up around the city and the sounds of an army at rest echoing through the night air.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:45 pm » Adachi: That too.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:45 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:44 pm » Peri: It also weighs the same about as three gaurds.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:43 pm » Adachi: ... yes, an oricalcum tetsubo of that size weighs as much as a well fed familly and several cousins... a bit threatening. but a regular tetsubo's not much more subtle
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:43 pm » Peri: *leans it over hsi shoulder* Sold.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:42 pm » Ti: Peri,you could, no, probably will, run in to some of the dragonbloods. maybe the big stick isn't a bad idea?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:42 pm » Peri: ...*hefts it up* I dunno, is this threatening? *holding a tetsubo the size of a teenager*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm » (( Heehee.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm » Adachi: you do realise this is a solar friendly town right? They won't mind oricalcum... thugh you may want to watch out for merchants wanting to buy it... oh wait, you mean how threatening it looks?
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm » ((Although "speak softly and carry a big stick" is a tried and true method of diplomacy. =p))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:40 pm » Peri: *holds up his regular tetsubo* Lets patrol.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:40 pm » Hue: Ohhh. Fair enough.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:40 pm » Peri: No, I mean the BIG one. It's kind of insubtle. I;m takin' the small hitty stick.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:39 pm » Hue: And perhaps a simple show of strength, without overt hostility, will discourage fighting.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:39 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:38 pm » Hue: Agreed. I'm bringing my "hitty stick", anyway.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm » Ti:Why? Strange place, a traveller, could be robbers or something-makes sense you'd be cautious.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm » Peri: *settling for his somewhat... regular sized hitty stick*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm » Peri: ... I have to leave the hitty stick behind, right?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm » Ti: Careful as I can be. You two be careful, too. *looks at Peri* Well, try, anyway.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm » makes sense. ))
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm » (MJ should be home pretty soon, we can say Flim stays behind with Ti)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm » Hue: As good a plan as any. Ti, you'll be careful?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:35 pm » Peri: Sounds fair. Hue?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 pm » ((Sorry, dog knocked cup of milk over))
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 pm » Ti: You, me, and Hue....well, I vote for Hue going to town. He's good at talking to people, better than the Tea Whisperer. Maybe you and he go together, and I wait here?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:31 pm » Ti: *looks at where Breeze dissapeared* Makes me wish Saiw as here-can you just hear him and Breeze? And sure.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:31 pm » Peri: Doit. *to Ti* Probably good to check in town. Split up?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 pm » Ti: So...wait here an hour, or go into town, or split up and do both?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 pm » Breeze: nah, I'm 'avin' too much fun. Gonna mess wit some islanders an screw up somma th' empires plannins. It'sa good day. *hops overboard and seems to vanish into the shadows a second later*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:27 pm » Peri: Yes, thats what she meant. And you don;t have to do this if you don't want to, so quit whining.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:26 pm » Breeze: give me? whatcha talkin' bout? I go in, I find out iffin 'e's there then I come back, or I get caught an prolly get killed. prolly take me an hour t'get in an out iffin tha's what yas mean.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:26 pm » Peri: ...and as for Sais brother... we'll deal with it when we deal with it.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:24 pm » Peri: I wasn't expecting you to rescue him, Gentles. I just know how weird my cousin is.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:24 pm » Ti: How long do we give you, Breeze?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:23 pm » Breeze:*accepts the paper* ooookay? who said I'd get him out? I'm jus checkin' iffin 'e's there, nuthin' more. Not gonna break sommin out when I cannae kill noone t'make it easier.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:23 pm » Ti: *nods, pulls Peri aside* Keep in mind, if that one dragon *was* Sai's brother, he could recognize us.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm » Peri: If he's there, we can go after him.. might be a good idea to have people check in town, too.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 pm » Peri: Yep. Hold on a sec. *rummages through his stuff* I think having him check is probably a good idea. *scribbling something onto paper, and holds it out* This should keep him from just bailing on you.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 pm » Hue: *to Peri* I think you should decide what we do next regardless.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm » Ti: Sound slike a plan. Peri?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm » Breeze: I snuck on board when there was a bunch of dragon blooded, if they're less well staffed I'm sure I can get around them again. see if your cousin's on board, though I make no promises on removing his gag this time.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm » Ti: *quick grin* Your cousin, your call. I'll go along.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm » Peri: ...You know, it's not exactly hidden which option you want to take, Ti. *to Breeze* Probably, yeah. Whaddya got.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm » Hue: Go ashore first, I think, but I'm not the expert here.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm » Breeze: easy way to find out. *points to self* course I maaaaaay lie this time. *sarcastic*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm » Ti: Soo...we can try to search the ships, hiding from and fighting what crew is left, and probably running in to booby traps. Or, we can head into town, and try to pick up their trail-they came here for a reason. Ideas?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm » Peri: Looks pretttttty bad, yeah. *considers* ... like one of Rass's dads family reunions, actualy.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 pm » Hue: Think they took Rassilon to shore with them?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:13 pm » Hue: ...I don't like the look of this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm » Hue: Looks like.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm » you can see the outline of the bigger ship, but it's too dark to be sure if the smaller ship is there or not
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm » Peri: Think they've disembarked?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:11 pm » Both ships?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm » yes, you all can see the lights from their ship from here. judging by the number of lights, and how dim they are, the ship's down to a skeleton crew.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm » *Lets Peri off his leash*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm » Hue: *worried about more people dying*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm » Peri is mostlyacting like a bulldog on the end of his rope.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm » Any sign of either of the dragon's ships?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 pm » anyway! exalted time! ^.^ last time we left off, Adachi had pulled his ship up on the shore a few miles away from Denendsor.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 pm » :P
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 pm » Okay, okay, i believe you.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm » Not like Florida you don't. Trust me.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm » Yep, honestly the dry heat where I am currently i a nice change of pace even at a hundred degrees.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm » Heh, we've got it too.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm » hee, yu'll have to deal with our humidity then. good luck with that. :P
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm » Hot. Tempted to go down to Florida for some cooler weather. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm » Pretty good.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm » how's everyone doing today?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm » Hidy.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm » Halloooo~
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:04 pm » heyas all
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:03 pm » *peeks*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:03 pm » Alloo.
Claire « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm » *pokes head in*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 pm » *setting up dm screen*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:54 pm » ,
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:44 am » Aw... missed again
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 am » How is it going, Sarah?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 am » Hi!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:05 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:36 am » Back!
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:20 am » But you have a good evening, CHic.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am » And well-written.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am » But first, check out the comic I just linked to... it's REALLY well-drawn.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 am » G'night, Zobot. I should sleep eventually, too...
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 am » Night, Z.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am » Blargh, I gotta go to sleep. Good night
chicgeek « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am » Night, EO.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am » http://www.theherobiz.com/
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am » Oh! I found a new webcomic! It's really good so far:
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am » Night, EO.
EccentricOrbit « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am » Have fun
EccentricOrbit « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am » It's getting late. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 am » (You should read it too, Chic)
chicgeek « Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:59 pm » .
EccentricOrbit « Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 pm » Interesting
Professor Zobot « Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:55 pm » Wow. Thank you!
Jane Narbon « Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:55 pm » Heck, I read only the first CHAPTER, and I was sold.
Jane Narbon « Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 pm » http://boingboing.net/2011/03/28/deathl ... alent.html < I read the excerpt, and I was sold

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:56 pm » righto. and we'll end it here tonight. not fond of wrapping in the middle of a battle, but I'm not anywhere near 100% at this point ^.^; so ssxp time
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:55 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 pm » 4,2,6,10,6, 8,1,7,5 (3 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 pm » Ah, so 9
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm » 6L soak
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:52 pm » What's his soak?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:52 pm » I'll assume I use the lower damage, so it's 8 plus the 2l for white jade, plus 5 for my strength
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm » Oh wait, I forgot the accuracy bonus of my spear. Ah well, too late now
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm » or the lower?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm » So 4 spillover, plus, do I use the higher damage of the spear?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm » Ok, so I was charging, so...
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm » Phew.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm » Ok, does that hit?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm » it's DV is 2 though so still 4 over
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm » Ugh, below average
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm » 9,2,4,1,4, 5,6,1,2,10, 10,4,4,8 (6 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 pm » righto
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm » So that's 14 dice.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm » So that's 6 for my dexterity, 3 for polearms, four for melee, 1 for the stunt.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:44 pm » Ok... cool
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm » (Heh, no issue.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm » also: blurg, Peri's earlier attack should have been a stunt too. sorry tinker ^.^; ))
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 pm » righto. 1 die stunt.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 pm » (Sic 'm, Sai!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 pm » Wooo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 pm » Charging forward with the white jade spear Icepick in hand, lunging forth into a single charging attack, fangs bared as he strikes at his foe with feral fury!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 pm » Sai's making a beeline for the artifact guard
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 pm » Alright
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm » That's fine
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm » ok
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:38 pm » and sai's up
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm » and one matron down, and the other three seem... not so well off
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm » it's ok Zo. it happens
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm » 3 bashing damage to her
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm » ...eight successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm » Sorry. I had to talk to my landlady. Couldn't be avoided. I"m back
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:35 pm » Alright, thanks
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » for wound penalties
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » and the last one has a -2 DV
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » Ok...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » kk
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » Four successes, so 4 bashing damage to her
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm » Righteo, so 11 damage dice
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm » -1 to their dv
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm » and there is a wund penalty
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 pm » righto
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 pm » The one I dealt two to, as opposed to the one I dealt 5 to
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 pm » Three successes, so one over, so 10 damage total (Assuming no wound penalties?)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 pm » which one? you damged two of themlast time
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm » Now the one I dealt two damage to last time
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm » Six Bashing damage
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 pm » yep
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 pm » Same DV and Soak?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 pm » Seven successes
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 pm » righto
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 pm » Starting with the one I missed last time.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm » Grang: *fires off another set of fowling arrows*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm » yep
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm » Matrons are still building, right?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm » yes
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:28 pm » Grang's going this tick also, correct?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:28 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm » and next up is Sai
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm » Peri: Shit. Man down.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm » 5!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm » speed on Peri's tetsubo?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm » yep, there's a bit of blood on the tetsubo, as well as trickling from the crumpled form's nose and head
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm » Peri looks shocked, and checks his stick for blood.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm » ok, that's enough to crush the artifact guard into a crumpled heap
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm » (Because Peri gets the BIG stick)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm » Peri skids to a stop, flaring gold with light, swinging his tesubo up into the mechanical gaurd- digging his heel in for leverage.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm » 8,2,5,7,7, 9,7,7,4,3, 2,8 (7 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:19 pm » So thats 12.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:19 pm » Wait, forgot extra sucsesses.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm » Okay, so Str+Weapon is 20, rolling nine.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm » and it's soak is 11B
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm » Woo!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:16 pm » ok, that's 3 over it's DV
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm » Wierd. Same number of sucsesses.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm » 8,7,5,8,1, 4,1,4,7 (4 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm » (Oh, alright. Lemme reroll.)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm » (minus three... it's the second action, so it'd be at a -3)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm » Rolling ten- minus two from flurry.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 pm » Thats +3 strength from the charm.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 pm » ok
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 pm » Peris going to flurry to use Increasing Strength Exercise, and bring hsi tesubo down in an arc to hit him.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » But I can wait for Peri. Go ahead
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » Ok. Artifact guard it is
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » we'll get Sai and so on's attacks after peri's
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » righto then luc.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm » Peris going after the arifact gard who just downed the gaurd.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm » any one of the artifact guards seem to be a good target, the nearest one being further from the rest of the group
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm » Ok, catch me up on one thing. Who is the biggest, toughest guy nearby me that's a foe?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm » righto, that'd be the guard that just got downed by an artifact guard.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm » Peri is going to try and move to intercept for whatever human combatant looks to be closest to going down.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm » next up is: Sai, Peri, the guards and Grang again(becvuse I did bad math the first time I calculated the ticks.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:06 pm » Ok
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:06 pm » and the artifact guards manage to kill one of the guards.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:06 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 pm » righto, so that's a miss. :) and the attack on fist is a miss too.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm » Blah.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm » There.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm » So it is 3.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm » 4+1+3=8 8/2 =4
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm » it happens. take your time beard. ^.^ I'll take care of the atack on fist while you get it sorted out :)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm » Argle didn't updatethispart of the sheet after spending XP
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm » No wait.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm » Okay the it's 2.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm » each attack would lower the DV by 1, a flurry of three attacks lowers by 3, an attack of one lowers by 1
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm » Shouldn't be? Unless attacking in and of itself lowers DV? I didn't flurry or anything...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm » anyway, the artifact guard attacking hue got 3 successes. so that's a failure, unless hue's DV is down due to attacking?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm » SaiOOC: *Sleeping and waiting for his turn*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm » 2L dmg on Ti
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm » right that's 9L-5L=4L to roll on the attack on ti
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm » I hear you.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:57 pm » hue's base is 3 or after his attack it's 3?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:57 pm » 4l for breastplate, plus 1 is 5L total.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:57 pm » Okay, Hue's is 3and I'm rereading all the rules when this is over.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm » Lethal
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm » bashing or lethal?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm » so 9L raw dmg on the attack on Ti, what's her soak?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm » so that's 1 over her DV with it's roll of 1
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm » Okay.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm » if Ti's base DV is 3 then after the flurry it's 0 since she made 3 attacks.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm » Dodge Defense Value (DV): (Dexterity + Dodge + Specialty + Essence)/2. Parry Defense Value (DV): (Dexterity + Combat Ability + Specialty + Weapon Defense)/2. and it's whichever is higher
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm » http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/Ex ... sheet.html going to post this again for everyone's convenience. ^.^ hope it helps?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm » my base dv is 3
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm » In which case 5. If not, 3.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm » sorry!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm » 3, and I add the weapon's PDV?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm » 1 success for the reroll on Ti
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 pm » oh, and need to reroll the attack on ti, forgot wound penalties
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 pm » 3 successes, hue's DV?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm » well, while we're waiting on chic. one of the other artifact guards will attack Hue.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:49 pm » Kwar
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:49 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:47 pm » (don't forget to subtract action penalties for your attacks in the flurry)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 pm » Oh dear
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 pm » 6 successes. what's her DV?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 pm » artguard1 attacking Ti
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm » Ooo
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm » ok, 2B there too. now for the artifact guards
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm » to roll
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm » haha, 3 successes(she apparently has an undeclared back luck flaw), so one over DV, +6str=7B-11B soak=essence(3) dmg
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm » (Go Fist!)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm » PUNCHY PUNCHY
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm » Fist doesn't fight fancy.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm » righto, next up is fist. who will simply punch one of the artifact guards.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm » Hehee.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm » Ti: *grrs in frustration*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » 2,4,7 (1 success)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » Heh... eh, it's been a while
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » Heehee
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » Headdesk, again. :)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » TiOOC: Dammit Jim,I'm an herbalist, not a warior!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm » er, not quite chic. roll one more die ^.^; remember, it's the higher of your essence or post soak dmg to roll
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm » (Minimum of your essence, so you should roll three)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm » 5,6 (failure)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm » 13, m inus 11 soak, rolling 2 dice.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:33 pm » that's 3 over then
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm » 9,5,6,4,4, 10 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm » good point wally, thanks ^.^ ))
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm » (one success, because damage roll, but yes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm » Rolling for the third time.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm » kk
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm » 10,3,4 (2 successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm » Sai: Ggggggggrrrrr.....
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm » it's ok ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » 11B soak. so that's equal her raw dmg, so she rolls essence instead
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » *headdesks*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » Oops.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » that's raw dmg. needs to subtract soak first
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » no, not rolling yet
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm » Oooo
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm » str 3 7 bashing 1 extra success, rolling
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm » Ah. Okay!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm » each attack lowers their DV by one
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm » it's a flurry on one target.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm » Wait, 2 missed last time but hit this time? I'm confused.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm » Hm....
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm » that one hits with one over.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm » 7,6,9,4,4, 4,3 (2 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm » fair enough. nvm then ^.^ continue the flurry
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm » Temperance, but I could see no logical way to apply that to this combat.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 pm » that is a miss. and which virtue was Tizzy associated with?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm » first attack-6,1,2,8,5, 2,1,7 (2 successes) I assume that's a miss?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm » That adds 2 dice. 11-3=8 dice, rolling.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm » yes.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm » Okay. Can I spend a wp and channel valor?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm » right, three attack flurry would be: -3, then -4, then -5 ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm » (So you'd only get three attacks)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm » (*nod* You can only use it once per turn, however, but it does apply to all your attacks)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm » right, if the flurry is 4 attacks, the fist attack's penalty is -4, the second -5, third -6, and fourth -7
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm » (Jane, my condolances on your computer)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm » (Eesh, good luck Jane.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm » Woo! Ti is awesome!'
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm » Guard. so, dex 2 melee 3 weapon acc 3(with the charm), minus penalty for flurry?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm » you'll need to his a guard, or flurry even more to use an action trying to get around them
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 pm » Okay, Ti is using her staff, rate of two, so flurrying. Plus, using the charm one weapon, two blows on page 191 to add +1 to both rate an accuracy...Z said I can cast that for each attack, so looks like four baps of the staff if I'm understanding correctly, and with flurry penalties. Ti will charge up and bash a matron building stuff, if she can. If the augmented guards are in the way, she'll bap a guard instead.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 pm » (Man, it is just the season for computer trouble.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 pm » (Oh shoot! Sorry to hear, Jane. )
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 pm » kk no rush. ^.^ ))
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 pm » (I'm... working on it.)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 pm » Ah, it's ok jane, are you on aim? )
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm » (Hi again. Further warning: My computer has all but crapped out and I'm on my parents'. No character sheet here. Sorry!)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm » Thanks.^_^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm » alright, good blow. next up is Ti Fist and the artifact people. Ti can go first ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm » I never keep the math right.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm » Heck, I can barely remember the rules without my reference guide
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm » Really, it's cool
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 pm » 8,1,7 (2 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 pm » Geneve, I always ask for help, and I've been playing it that long, too. ^^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm » heh, don't worry I'm dming and I still mix things up occasionally
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm » A year? Year and a half?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm » How long have I been playing this game again?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm » ,
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm » *facepalm* Thinking it subtracted from te number of successes for some reason.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm » which is 11B here, so 3B to roll ^.^
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 pm » Don't forget to subtract the soak
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 pm » It is.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 pm » Wooow, 14 dice. That feels like a lot of dice for some reason.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm » and that'll go against a soak of 11B
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm » Wooo!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm » raw dmg is str + extra successes + weapon dmg rating
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm » ok, that's 4 over.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm » Woo! Go Hue!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 pm » 8,9,10,7,2, 6,2,8,3 (6 successes)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:04 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:04 pm » (So roll your attack... if it's a lethal weapon normally, then it's -1 to do bashing)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:04 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm » (Heehee)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm » (lemme alone I'm sleepy. =d)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm » Oooo
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm » (*snrk*)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm » (I almost typed "using False Swipe". O_o)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:57 pm » Aiming for the nearest artifact-covered guard, doing subdual damage
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm » ok, next up is hue
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm » Six, so I'll go again with Sai
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm » ok, and speed on that attack?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm » Two successes, so juuuust misses
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 pm » And third matron!
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 pm » Two bashing for her
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 pm » So two over, so... actually, I messed up the first time, this time it's 13B raw. Anyways, rolling damage
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm » yes
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm » Four successes... assume her DV and bashing soak is the same?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm » ok, that staggered that matron.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm » Onto the next matron...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm » Five bashing damage!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm » 4
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm » So 13B raw damage... what's her bashing soak?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm » right, that's 3 over her DV
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:46 pm » Five successes against the first matron
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 pm » Grang: *fires a Fowling arrow at each of them*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 pm » Grang: *stringing three arrows* What luck. OI, BUILDY GIRLS! PAY ATTENTION, WHY DON'T YOU!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm » three
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:43 pm » How many matrons are there?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:43 pm » (Peri wrote a sten note to his mom, and left it in his armor.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:42 pm » (Hey, Ti drew on his face in ink!)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm » yep.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm » (( *amused by the group just... sitting around the spine dude.))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm » (*snrk*)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:40 pm » Alright... so general situation is guards fighting techguys, and more tech matrons on top of something building a thing, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:40 pm » SaiOOC: *Shaking Peri* YOU PROMISED A SPARRING SESSION WITH ME TO HER?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:39 pm » anyway, Grang's up first
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 pm » (Thanks)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 pm » it has been Chic. the charm needs to be used in the presence of the person so you all had to hang out for an hour with the spine guy ))
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm » (I just want to know if it's been an hour so she can use charms again. ^^)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm » Last possble was six
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm » oh... well then everyone but Ti had an hour to rest and recover essence/dmg
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm » ok, Grang got the best roll with 7, then hue with 4, then Ti, Fist, and the artifact people with 3, then peri and the guards with 2, then Sai with 0 which means Grang goes on 0, Hue on tick 3, Ti/Fist/artifact people on tick 4, peri/guards on tick 5 and sai on tick... 7? or was the last tick possible 6?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 pm » how long has it been?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm » SaiOOC: *To Peri* You promised I'd fight someone?"
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm » P.219, wound mending technique, I used that to heal the broken spine. Says requires one hour spent without a charm or stunt-so,
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:33 pm » Sai: *Very slow!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm » 9,8,1,8,2, 8,1 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm » 4,1,8,1,6, 5,7,4 (2 successes)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm » Seven successes...
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm » 4,4,4,2,2 (failure)
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm » Ti:1,8,6,7,2, 8 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 pm » (Well, between the speed combo nad healing a broken spine...nice glowy target.^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:28 pm » Ok, rolling!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 pm » (Peris not glowin' yet, )
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:26 pm » (Ti is glowy, then. ^^)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:26 pm » nope, you have not Chic. ))
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 pm » Sai: *Dropping his excess weapons and scrolls somewhere safe and then going off to fight* Come, Icepick! Let us defeat these foes!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 pm » (Oh, have we had a chance to regain essense from when we rescued Rass?)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 pm » yep. one moment while I roll those involved.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:24 pm » (Roll join battle? ^_^)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm » Grang: Haffun with that, Sai. *pulling out the fowling arrows*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm » Sai: ...also, I hath valuable do-wait spar what?'
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 pm » Peri: GOOD TO SEE YOU SAI MIGHTA PROMISD SENSEI A SPAR SORRY. *going to dive after the fight where anyone regularily human shaped seems about to lose*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 pm » Grang: Also, they need a map of the empty city.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm » Sai: No time, then. The short verison: The city has an mass-producing abomination in it, foes seeking what is probably a book Lady Zoe hath, enemies in the catacombs under the city, and some sort of outbreak of the wyld nearby
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm » Peri: Right. I think we're looking for the ones with metal stickin' out of em. Thank you,s ensei. We;ll spar as an apology. Hey, Sai might even spar.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm » Ti: *Grabs her staff*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 pm » Fist:*grins down at Peri widely* Am tempted to test that student. but too much fighting to be had to seek that just yet. Disarmed, unconcious, no breaking. unless they try breaking me.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 pm » Hue: Right, let's disarm, disable, and figure it out from there.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 pm » Grang: At a guess, the ones with tech on them are the enemies.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm » Peri: Sensei, disarm, dont break people, or I bring in the tesubo.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm » A loud, audible growl is suddenly heard
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm » Ok. So Sai sees the fighting, right?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm » Fist: So, who do we fight? Or we fight everyone and sort out later? *grins*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm » Sai is currently laiden with a variety of spears and scrolls, along with one glorious white jade spear clenched in one fist. His anima banner is flaring because he needed it to see in the catacombs (Declared it last session) and he's currently a bit grungy and dirty, given where he's been
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm » (Back)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm » Grang: ...Welp.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm » Sai: *Currently a giant angry wolfperson, eyes wide* Lord Peri? Lady Ti? Master Hue? Master Flim? Howl did thy- whence did thy-
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm » Eeep.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm » O.o
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm » *()
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm » It's the borg!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm » Peri: SAI! Whats going on!
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 pm » alright, as you all burst into the main hall you can see the guards seemingly fighting amongst themselves, with most of the matrons on one side and a few more on top of a dias in the back corner of the room. However the guards, and matrons on the dias look odd, seeming to be sprouting pieces of tech from their bodies and arms. There are fewer of them, but they seem easily a match for the normal guards as the matrons on the dias, all also sprouting strange looking artifacts, are building something. They also see Sai as he rushes into the room, carrying a large number of books, scrolls and spears.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:10 pm » (Hi, Sarah)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm » (Hey, sarah.)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 pm » (Hi!)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 pm » (brb)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:02 pm » Ti: *runs along*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:02 pm » Peri: *Tesubo!* Sensei, I know you'd run if it involved more fighting.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm » Fist:*grins* excellent. This sound like promising change from usual politics.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm » Hue: *stick!* *dash!*
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm » Peri ... welp. *speeds up*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm » yep. as you all head for the town hall, you notice that the guards that would normally be at the outer gates and entryway, are missing and that shouting and the occasional clash of steel on steel can be heard from inside the hall.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm » (Yep yep.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:59 pm » (So, dropping Rass off, then continuing on to the office for the map?)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm » Peri: Sadistic, not foolish.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm » Hue: You are rarely in actual danger, I think, Madam Fist.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm » (brb, really sorry, phone call)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm » Fist:*snorts* Fist not foolish.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm » ((*best The Spine impression* Was that a pun?))
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm » Grang: I can go with you to the main office, at least. Gotta take care of a tunnel down there.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm » Hue: Bold action in danger without terrified thought is more accurately referred to as "foolishness", not "bravery".
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm » Peri: Moooost of the time. I know for a fact the General Grasp Firmly Horns of Conflict feels like that a lot.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm » (( The hearts of three continents, my friend. Three continents.))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm » Hue: Actually I believe the two occur together quite frequently.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 pm » Adachi: I'm not sure brave usually comes with repeating thoughts of "we're all going to die"
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 pm » Ti: Can you come with us, Grang, or do you need to stay here?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 pm » ((Amazing how everyone forgets that Watson was like the polite, well-manered Jack Harkness of the Sherlock Holmes stories. =p ))
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 pm » Peri: Thank you, Adachi. You are a brave gent.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm » Hue: Dead or never alive. Unnerving either way. *holds his shoulder* Thank you for risking so much to aid us.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm » (( Veteran and doctor of all four directions ladies, yes.))
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm » (And Shu Locke's assitant, Wat Sun?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm » ((*claps))
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm » Adachi: lucky to have made it through that dash for the city? *a bit pale and smiling shakily* was it just me or did a lot of those people look dead?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm » ((Since I'm assuming earlier post with Rass and Adachi was retconned away))
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm » Peri: You are not better then detective Shu Locke Ho-re-me, for the last time. Someone point me to the hotel.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 pm » Rassilon: 'm better than him~ obviously
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 pm » Hue: Adachi, how are you feeling?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:49 pm » Peri: Right, gotta drop off the cousin. C'mon, Detective Ho Re Me.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 pm » Wall Captain: yessir.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:47 pm » Rass: hotel.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 pm » Peri: Last chance, Rass. Hotel?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 pm » Grang: Ahh... and the Division for Excavations is in the Main office, right?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 pm » (Rass never answered him)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm » (Is Peri carrying Rass to the inn? I thought he and Adachi were going there, while we and Grang talked to the commader)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm » Wall captain: *looks over everyone* ... well every hand that can help I suppose. As for maps... well you could ask one of the scavengers, or the city Division for Excavations.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm » Peri: *carrying Rass*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 pm » (back)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 pm » Rass: *accepts the brew* righto~ Thank you miss Ti~
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » Ti: *follows others, after pressing a small bag into Rass's hands*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » Grang: Actually, new help... that may be dealing with a new threat, but that's besides the point. Anyways, do you know where we could get a map to the Empty City quickly?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » Peri: *waves up at the gaurd* No threat.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » Ti: hang on a sec, Rass. *digs through her many pockets* Here. Brew a cup of this. Won't keep you awake or put you to sleep, it's just a tonic. A general restorative.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » (Thanks Wally)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm » (Yeah. There's little stamps too that you can put on something to make it attunable to anyone too)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm » (If it's of your element or made to be able to be attuned by anyone, then no roll, otherwise, (Wits+Lore) difficulty 3)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm » and up on the wall the cmmander looks over to grang. "What now? do we have some new threat to my city?"
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm » Rass is ging to the inn, sort of looking a bit unsteady on his feet and adachi will be going with him.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm » Peri: Well Rass? Nigh-nigh times, or come along.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 pm » (What's the roll to attune to Something again?)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 pm » (is Rass going to the inn, or staying with us?)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm » Ti: ...Really? *big grin*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm » Grang: Oh, yeah, they're here too. No idea where, though... Anyways, the commander's up top. Follow me! *starts climbing a ladder to go talk to the wall commander.*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm » SaiOOC: *Sneezes because someone's talking about him*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm » Peri: ... *perk!* Zoe? Sai?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm » Rassilon: That sounds fine to me~ let's see... top floor~?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm » Peri: Like you ever sleep, cousin.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm » Ti: ...Whisper? Heh, all we need now are Zoe and Sai.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm » the wall commander is currently up on the wall, coordinating the defenses, so you'd have to head up there to find him.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 pm » Grang: *waves to Rass* If you want, there's a room at the inn... you'd have to share with Whisper, though...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 pm » Rassilon: but there's new stuff for me to look at. I can't sleep when I could be looking at interesting things~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:36 pm » (brb)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:36 pm » Peri: Well don't mind me. I;ll just wake you up if we need you to check something. *to Rass*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:35 pm » Grang: *looks around for the wall commander*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:35 pm » Grang: Ooh... not sure. I'm kinda booked with making sure the guys outside don't sneak in through a tunnel... Maybe the guy in charge of the wall could help you?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm » Rassilon: I need a nap.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm » Peri: We found Rass, by the way. *pats Rass, who is still over his shoulder*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm » (I am dense and silly.)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm » Hue: Any chance you could oblige?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm » (You guys just went through the gate, and Grang was at the gate, helping make sure you all got away from the army)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:33 pm » Ti: Speaking of missions....we're trying to beat a bunch of dragonblooded to something important before they destroy it. We need a map.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm » (back)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm » Grang: *smiles* Oh, you know. Short, entertaining, and interrupted by some sorta important mission.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 pm » (...Did I miss something? Were my Grang-type suspicions confirmed?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 pm » Peri: *snorts* You know. Usual. Travel time. Picking up old..... enemies, I guess. How ws training?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:30 pm » Ti: Good to see you too, Grang. *grins*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm » Yep.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm » awesome. everyone else ready for solar funtimes?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm » Grang: So... what took you guys so long?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm » Howdy.^^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 pm » Present!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » yep. one moment ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » Someone should probably get Tinker
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » Brb anyway
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » It's cool
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » *having Relentless flashbacks*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm » he won't, so Sai can head upstairs. and Zoe and Blade will go through the doorway. And for the moment we'll move the main focus to the Solars and Grang! I'll try and keep Zoe and Sai moving in IMs though ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:25 pm » He's gathering up the scrolls and books and will use his nose to lead him out
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm » Ok, Sai will attempt to leave the group, assuming Blade won't stop him
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm » Gracefull blade: An acceptable intent Sir Hunts. *binding Zoe's hands while one of the artifact Soldiers holds the book for Zoe to read from*
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm » Zoe: Ah. Apologies, then.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm » Sai: That was my intent.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm » Zoe: That seems reasonable. Sai, perhaps you could share the scrolls with the current head of the city, whoever that may be.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 pm » Gracefull Blade: I wouldst not do so. Mine purpose is the safety of mine lord. I wilst not allow that to be threatened. If Lady Prickles words art true, then we shalt return shortly and I wilst escort thine personages to mine lord to speak thine piece.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 pm » Sai: I couldst probably manage
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:18 pm » Zoe: Could you write him a note?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:18 pm » Gracefull Blade: Twould be ill advised m'lady, the soldiers twould not allow Sir Hunts to pass without mine presence to assure mine lord's safety.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:17 pm » Zoe: You could go talk to the leader involved here and explain the discrepency between asking for something and threats contingent on mind reading.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 pm » Sai: ...well, if I am no longer needed...
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 pm » Zoe: Acceptable.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:15 pm » Gracefull Blade: ...I couldst have one of mine attendants hold thine book for thou?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:13 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:13 pm » Zoe: *starts removing her gloves* Does this mean I would not be able to read? *reading as she removes her gloves*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:12 pm » Sai: *Cautious because he'd rather just fight these guys*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:12 pm » Gracefull Blade: Tis simple enough m'lady. If thou disarms and allows me to bind thine arms twould be assurance enough that should thou attempt to go back upon thine word, I twould have ample time to cut thou down.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:10 pm » Zoe: Sai, I promise I am not going to do anything needlessly dangerous. Now, do you have a way for me to be a hostage that is more practical than holding a weapon to my neck at all times?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 pm » (Hi, I'm here. WARNING: My computer is on the fritz and may shut down without warning. I'll be back as soon as I can.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 pm » Sai: Lady Zoe, I fear you grossly underestimate the power of people's paranoia. But I will defer to your wishes as long as you agree to my term.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 pm » Gracefull Blade: I cannot say m'lady for I doth not know for certain what mine lord wilst decide to do. But mine lord tis not unreasonable, tis likely they wilst agree that no further need for conflict is called for.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:07 pm » (how am I doing for logic here? it makes sense to me...)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:07 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 pm » Zoe: I feel that, should you adequately describe the situation, denezins of the city would be perfectly willing to let you remove a dangerous quantity without the need for combat.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:05 pm » Zoe: Sai, you are assuming I think the same way you do. Graceful Blade, if the cloud is what you seek, will your master then come get it, or proceed to invade the city first? And if it is not what you seek, may I assist you in searching for it instead of you invading the city?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:04 pm » Sai: I'm letting you go BECAUSE I believe in your abilities. If I didn't I'd be slinging you over my shoulder and carrying you out of here, a trail of bodies in our wake.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:04 pm » Masked Soldier: I can only garuntee that I shalt investigate thine claim that what I seek layeth beyond aforementioned door, I cannot take it with mineself, that twould fall to mine lord, as assuring safety for mine lord falls to myself. I shall promise that no harm shalt come to thou afore it doth come to me as long as thou art mine hostage. *bows deeply and removes mask, revealing a very inhumanly perfect face, it lacks any way to determine gender, though most would describe it as masculine in the way that seems to embody the very concept of a soldier*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:03 pm » Sai: Do whatever it takes to keep thyself safe, even if you don't feel there's danger, err on the side of caution, rather than valor.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:03 pm » Zoe: I feel that that request implies a complete lack of confidence in my abilities, as well as an insinuation that you desire for me reunite with Peri more than I do.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm » Sai: Any other alternatives in this situation will be declined, and I will press the matter to force if necessary.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm » Sai: Specifically, that you, Zoe, promise me specifically that you willst keep thyself alive long enough to meet Rassilon and Peri again. *Just assuming that this is going to be harder than the universe is actually going to make it* Understood?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm » Sai: ...fine. Thou art intelligent and capable. I don't like letting you do this, but if he agrees to your bargain, I will as well. Conditionally.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 pm » Zoe: Sai, I would offer you as a hostage instead of myself, but I suspect you would be bad at it to the point of detriment to the overall concept.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:59 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:59 pm » Did Zoe just hurt Sai's brain with logic?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 pm » Sai: ...
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:57 pm » Zoe: Specificially, I would appreciate your realization that the thing you are seeking is dangerous to me, if not to you, and I have no interest in being injured or killed by it.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:57 pm » Zoe: You are assuming that there will be fighting later. And I am offering myself up conditionally, with respect to your claim that you are looking for a large dangerous cloud of chaos, and will leave when finding it, taking it with you, without attacking the city. Further conditions include the obvious of not placing me in needless danger and convincing the rather stubborn person standing next to me.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 pm » Masked Soldier: Sir Hunts, I hath been nothing but polite and reasonable. But if thou insists upon calling mine personage a churl again, I will take offense.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 pm » (This is entertaining)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm » Sai: T'will mean less foes to fight later, and Lord Peri would probably disapprove of my allowing you to be placed in this churl's clutches. With a wrench
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm » Masked Soldier: Art thou offering thineself up for this assurance against a trap m'lady?
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm » Zoe: I fail to see why that is superior to my plan by any conceivable metric.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 pm » Sai: ...Zoe, mayhap we shouldst just battle our way through
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 pm » Zoe: Incidentally, I believe that the proper protocol for dealing with a trap is the taking of a hostage. I don't suppose you can provide assurances that this would be a practical course of action?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm » ((glad you approve. I feel a bit awkward since I'm preeeeetty sure I'm butchering the proper use of olde english ^.^ ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 pm » ((Best dialogue))
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm » Masked soldier:*may have just insuted Sai there*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm » Masked Soldier: What I doth seek tis not dangerous to me and mine. A trap twould be much more dangerous then. If thou relies upon cues to act then I twould not begrudge you that Sir Hunts, though mine own sensibilities would require that if thou dost impede mine way, I must cut thou down.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm » Zoe: In any case, we would likely be able to provide an accurate description of what we found, or other pertinent details, which could possibly outweigh the fact that my ability to turn into a hedgehog somehow makes me more likely to be lying.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:46 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:46 pm » Zoe: I feel it would be more practical to persuade them to find the thing they are looking for. Because then they will not attack the city AND get what they are looking for.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm » Sai: I believest this is mine cue to say "not if I have anything to say about it!" or somesuch.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm » Zoe: Although if it would add credence to my story, the rampaging chaos also damaged my foot. In any case, I fail to see how a trap could be more dangerous than the thing you are looking for.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:44 pm » Masked Soldier: if what waits on the other side of thine suggested doorway is a trap, then yes, tis much more effective to subdue the city.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:43 pm » Zoe: I suspect efficiency is not a primary goal here.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:42 pm » Zoe: ...so, because you think I MAY be lying, you think it would be faster to first conqure an entire city, THEN walk through a doorway to see what is there?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 pm » Masked Soldier: No, mineself and these that doth serve me hath only just arrived here. While I twould like to believe thou and venture forth to the region thou didst recommend, I cannot. We know well the cleverness of the Moon, and wouldst not wish to rely on words of possible distraction or deceit. We shall first subdue the above city then, once this task is completed we shall examine the possibility thou hath presented.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 pm » Zoe: Their associates would be capable of holding a piece of paper with a description on it.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm » Sai: I must suspect their associates are not capable of description, Zoe.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:35 pm » Zoe: Have you tried the door we just came through? If it is not the book itself, I suspect it is through there, although it is currently trying to destroy a large portion of the area. And describing things is a common option where the name is unknown or unavailable..
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:33 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:33 pm » Masked Soldier: I art unsure m'lady. It doth bear a similarity to that which we doth seek, but tis much smaller in nature than what we seek. Twas not my decision to communicate so vaguely m'lady and I doth apologize for the inconvenience, but mine lord has certain demands. One of which was that what we doth seek not be directly named. For it cannot be named. Though thou may know of it by it's effect upon the land tou calls home.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm » Sai: Lady Zoe doth bring up a good point. If t'was my intent to obtain something stolen, I wouldn't refuse the expedience offered by naming the object in question. Unless I t'was only using the object in question as an excuse
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 pm » Zoe: I don't know if you were in charge of that policy or not, but perhaps you could alert the being who was.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:29 pm » Zoe: I'd like to make a note for future reference that when asking for something at the threat of attacking or invasion, the other party is much more likely to cooperate if you specify the item desired, instead of forcing them to guess.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:28 pm » ,
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm » Sai: *Hackles raising*
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm » Zoe: *also reading*
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm » Zoe: In that case, perhaps you could determine how accurate I was about this. Is that goal the book I am currently holding?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:25 pm » Masked soldier: Tis a pleasure making your aquaintence m'lady Prickles of the Hedghog's Quills, Sir Hunter who Stalks the Prey Known as History. We art indeed attacking the city. These tunnels doth provide a most fortuitus and lightly guarded route to the city whose walls doth stand against our goals. Thou art most perceptive m'lady, the city is naught but the obstical to mine and mine lord's goal.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 pm » Sai: *Is clearly making this up. It's not inaccurate, though*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 pm » Sai: ...Hunter who Stalks the Prey Known as History.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm » Zoe: And I am Prickles of the Hedgehog's Quills.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm » ,
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm » Zoe: Ah, alright. The followup question would be one of whether or not you are attacking the city, and if you are if that is a primary or secondary objective.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 pm » Masked Soldier: Mine name is Gracefull Blade Dances in Moonlight. *bows lightly* Might I have the pleasure of thine name as well? *looks to Zoe* I doth assume you mean the lady who is both lady and hawk? We came the same way she did leave by. I doth not think she was in condition to oppose our passage when she did take leave of the battle, though she did fight most bravely and cleverly before fleeing.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:17 pm » (well that was fast.)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:16 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm » Zoe: Did Kyra miss a lot of spheres, or did you all get in another way?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm » Sai: Hmmrm. *Will be dropping most of the weapons and scrolls and just holding the White Jade Spear, looking straight at the unique figure* And who art THOU?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:14 pm » Then they step through and the hallway is crowded at one end with artifact raiders and the tall lithe individual standing behind them all. They don't move once in the hallway, simply looking at Zoe and Sai to see how they react it seems.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:13 pm » anyway, as Zoe and Sai step into the hallway the door at the end of the hallway grows transparent, revealing several figures. There's at least ten of the artifact raiders and one figure that stands out from the rest. He is dressed in not quite shiny armor, but obviously very well maintained armor, like it's been taken care of with great care, but no overdone polishing, it's a functional chainshirt and pants, a helmet covers the individual's head, with an ornate, but worn mask covering the face. the mask is not of a face but simply intertwined swirls.
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:12 pm » So can we get out without going through one of those panel things?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:12 pm » We've got two exalts who can generate enough light to see by if we spend the essence for it, and Sai's got his nose and tracking abilities. If we keep wandering we should ideally find a scent we can follow to get out.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:11 pm » Not a major problem. The catacombs were where we were when this mess started, when we were looking for Zoe's book
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:11 pm » Ok. So we're in a hallway, in the catacombs. And Sai's still wolf'd out.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:09 pm » Sai: *Still carrying a bunch of spears and scrolls*
Claire « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm » Zoe: *reading*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm » ok, exalted time folks! *sweeps ut all the non exalted characters* last time we left Zoe and Sai they had just finished narrowly escaping whatever the heck that living shadow thing was in the underground fascility of unknown location, and made it back to the hallway leading to the catacombs.

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm » Yay! Ti is the Solar Whisperer!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm » Ti: Sai? Are you going with Grang, Hue, and Fist for Zoe, or Peri, I, and maybe Rass for the original Immaculate scrolls?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm » Yay!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 pm » Peri: *knows every type of Relm, because he is a caricature*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 pm » ok, wrapping up for tonight personally: ssxp is: 4xp for everyone who played tonight, +1 to Ti for being the one who got ED to calm down.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 pm » Peri: ... what language is it.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 pm » Ti: *Hands it back* Should've known. I need to learn more languages.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 pm » nope, they're all oldrealm
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm » (Wait. Ti just has Riverspeak and Low Realm, these scrolls won't mean anything to her, I'm sure)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm » Hue: I'll help retrieve Zoe,whatever my help is worth.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm » Peri: Someone poke about then.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm » Ti: Peri, we never got the map of the city Rass wanted.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm » *one*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm » Ti:Let me see! *takes on to look at*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 pm » Peri: Zoe needs folks going after her, too.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm » *snrk*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm » Sai: There's scrolls down there too! I hath some of them! *Holds up scrolls*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 pm » Ti: *torn* ...We can't let them destroy those scrolls. I'll go with you, Peri. Sai? What about you?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 pm » Peri: ...No. But listen. Think of Zoe. Picture me telling her 'I might have let priceless historical scrolls be burnt'. Pictue her *beating me about the ears with the feircity of the goddess Luna hisself.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 pm » Grang: I'll go after Zoe also.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:20 pm » Fist: *grins* I'll make it ten.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:20 pm » Sai: ...art thou sure?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm » Hue: *trying to decide whether Sparkle-Sages is better than Glitter-Tin*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm » Peri: Sensei? Find them elves and beat nine kind of glitter out of them for me.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm » Peri: ... I'll go after the scrolls. Fists going after Zoe. She, of anyone, would understand.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 pm » Peri: They;re a bit more then papers. They;re the proof nessisary to charge a continental wide religion with the manipualtion of an entier country, and Sparkle-Sages here could even get legal comuppance for being ousted.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 pm » Ti: *sighs* Zoe's more important than papers...even those. But I honestly don't know if we should split into two groups, or all go for Zoe. Advice, anyone?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 pm » Hue: *pat pat* Of course, Peri. Would you like me to go get Rassilon now?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm » gotcha.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm » ED is preeeeety involved in his work at this point
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm » Peri: Oogling, I tell you.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 pm » (Does ED have any reaction to the n ews of the original immaculate texts and the race for them?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 pm » Sai: Zoe, after reading the book, said it wasn't the source. It wasn't what the Raksha were looking for. Just... a byproduct of it.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 pm » Hue: *snerk*
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 pm » Ti: *rolls her eyes*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm » Peri: veryone knows Raksha like to oogle comely dragon maidens.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm » Ti: So...did you and Zoe give the raksha the book? Shouldn't they be leaving, if that's what they wanted? Why are they keeping her?*puzzled*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 pm » Sai: But she's in danger. You don't leave one of your people behind on a battlefield. 's not good form.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 pm » Peri: *eye roll* Shes also a smart *woman*. Who'd have told us where she was, then?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 pm » Sai: ...I... I should have stayed
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm » Peri: ....*smiles* Shes a good girl.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm » Sai: *Ears droop* I... I shouldn't hath let her leave, but... the Raksha promised he wouldn't harm her, and she insisted I go to muster support above...
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm » Sai: Lady Zoe thought it... prudent... to agree to cooperate with them to evade a fight. I disagreed, but she pointed out there was violence above.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:06 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:05 pm » Sai: And we found it, but... things got bad... we had to escape from a dangerous beast comprised of shadows... and as we were escaping, we were surrounded by a Raksha and his men
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm » Sai: The book has something of the Wyld in it...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm » Peri: *REALLY REALLY wants to go and beat up Immaculates and hel his cousin and help His People, but.... Zoe....*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm » Sai: She had me lead her to it, following a scent of the Wyld. The raksha are here looking for that book, they want it back so they will leave.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm » Hue: I'll ask. And keep track of him if he stays, though I don't know if I can keep him in hand so well as you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:02 pm » Sai: It began to lead to a strange book that the matron had been reading. A book Zoe wanted to find because she believed it would be the key to waking her up.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm » Peri: ... *sigh* Some things you have to put over personal vendettas.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm » (Fair enough. She needs to recover and recharge anyways :) )
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm » (Oh, and how does ED react to the news of those texts and the race to beat them there?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm » Peri: Someone promise to look after Rass, or give me a chance to see if he wants to come, and I'll go look for Zoe.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm » (your choices include those, yes.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » Sai: Lady Zoe was looking into why the Matron of the city fell ill.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » (Our choices being rescuing Zoe or beating the immaculates to the texts?)
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » (it's cool)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » also: sorry jane, kyra's been on the backburner for a bit now. but she's sleeping while things are happening ^.^; ))
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:00 pm » blurgity blurg, sorry kate, we won't get to Zoe's bit tonight. we'll be wrapping up when it's decided who's going where )))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:59 pm » Hue: *smiles*
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:59 pm » Sai: Allow me to explain...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm » Peri: ...Oh. This is regular old 'protect the public from boneheadied idiot genius' duity. That I can do.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm » brvb
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 pm » DM:*snrk*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 pm » (Hee!)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 pm » Hue: It isn't Rassilon I'm worried about.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:56 pm » Peri: ....Good point. But Rass is his own man. We're equals in the second breath, I;m not his keeper. But I can be careful.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 pm » (at the skritchie, or the news?^^)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 pm » Sai: ...well.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 pm » Sai: *Blinks*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm » Ti: Sorry, but you need to know.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm » Hue: *walks to Peri, takes aside a moment* Peri, be careful introducing those two. I wouldn't leave them alone together, even for a moment.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm » Fist: Alright, army and raksha to fight. I pick that. *grins and walks over to Sai* who else coming along?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm » Ti: Oh! Sai! Breeze told us...the immaculates and dragons we're chasing, the ones that had Rass captive? Your brother is with them....
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 pm » Peri: ... Ah, wait. Damn and hell. *smacks his forhead* My cousin is on a search for the original scrolls of the immaculates. Hes been working, and I;m sworn to help, on uncovering their lies and deeds. Persn'al suspicions aside, I;m not *happy* my kith and kins been lied to for so long. He's going to want to talk to you. Sir. *nods to Sai* And I;ll need to help him. THose with less..... of a damn hell to give about justice are to theirheels already.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm » Ti:*probably has to stand on tipetoe to do that*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm » (It's okay, Geneve. Hope you feel better!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm » (( Aww, its not to be your fault. You hve the vapors, hon. <3 )
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm » Ti: *walks over to Sai* Sai, want to fill us in while we walk? Oh, and-*gives his ears a very fast skrritch* I've missed you lot.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm » ED: If your estimation of the raksha is correct?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 pm » Sai: *Ears perking up* We can get there and back in an hour...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 pm » ED: This will take some time *pulls an arrow out of a bit of machinery and frown* probably an hour at least.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 pm » ((I am so sorry folks I'm glad I'm not needed here but I still feel awful for flaking out on you all))
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 pm » Grang: Just a suggestion... keep the army outside the town walls. What you can wrest away from someone else, someone else can wrest away from you.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 pm » Peri: ..... *frowns* Acceptable. I'd like to see a permit for a army of mechanical men, once my friend is back and safe.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 pm » Sai: They... don't seem... very... intelligent...
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 pm » ED: The artifact infested are not capable of indipendant thought as it is, in short, there is no mind to control, only a body.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:46 pm » Peri: ... That doesn't mean mind control, does it? Is that machine going to involve MINDS being CONTROLLED? Because I;ve heard storys, gold-king.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm » Hm.... I don't like him completing that device...
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm » ED: I shall finish my device, turn their stolen army upon them. *strides for the unfinished device*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm » Ti: *Briefly inclines her head to Endless* Elder, as much as I would love to talk with you, this takes precedence. It seems we need to rescue a dear friend, and rout some Raksha. Can we ally in this, and save other plans for after?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm » ED: The Raksha are abhorrent, that much all can agree on.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 pm » Peri: Right, Immaculates are dicks, Metal men attacking humans are suspicious and I dont trust this guy. Not as important. My grandfsther lost an *arm* to the Fae. They turned it to stone.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm » Sai: Not by choice.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm » ED: *looks sharply at Ti then takes a long breath and crosses his arms* I was never a tyrant. No matter what those horrid texts those "immaculates" have fooled everyone into believing. Very well. *motions the artifact guards back* We shall...
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm » Grang: ...Oh Sai.'
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm » Peri: ....... *freezes* ...... why, I must be hearing wrong. It SOUNDS like one of my very dearest little friends has been allowed to be taken by the CHAOS DEMONS.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:40 pm » Sai: Everyone! There are worse woes here than this Sun King... as much as I dislike his tone... Precarious, Lady Zoe's in the hands of the Raksha.!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:39 pm » Ti: Endless, it wasn't that long ago that Sol appeared to me, that my world was changed forever. I was told that my gifts were needed, that the people would be in need of them. I have striven ever since, to expand my learning, and to share it with the mortals I lived along. Has it been so long for you, truly? Do you remember when your world changed, when Sol touched you? Are we not sent to aid the world, not rule in tyranny over it?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 pm » Peri: *steps forward* Sir. it doesn;t WORK like that. I doubt it ever has. If you want to help US, then lighten your tone and speak with respect to fellow solars. If you want to be very angry at people who wont follow you, then kep as you have been. If you start using force to convince people, we will have to have a talk, lawgiver to lawgiver.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 pm » Hue recalls one old old poem, one that was banned by the immaculate faith, but still made it's rounds occasionally, describing old masters of creation, cruel beyond imagining, thrown down and defeated by "Heroes of Gold and Sun, and Silver, and Moon, and Stars, and Earth"
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:37 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm » 1,1,7,10,8, 2,1,5 (4 successes) lore roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm » .Peri: None taken. Plum wine, uncle- one on Moms side.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm » Ti: You talk exactly like an arrogant DragonBlooded. *turns to Peri* No offence.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm » Solar: I was saving this city and they refused the simple right of my leadership. If *you* wish to question my leadership then do so, you may have the intellect to actually contribute something.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm » Ti: Endless Depths of Knowledge, I an Ti-Zhan. I have no idea what you're talking about, what with empires and betrayals and all. But why should we unquestionly believe you? And, even so-being old and powerful doesn't make you right. If you wish our aid, enlighten us.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:30 pm » Peri: *narrows his eyes* You weren't HELPING these people. *voice is chilly* You drip with arrogance, and you explain nothing. Would youa ccept unquestion leadership? I have been called upon to unquestioningly follow men before, not one wasn't corrupt or a fool.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm » Grang: ...Yeah, that's not suspicious or anything.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm » Solar: You may help me if you like, but I will use my greater wisdom to lead to a more appropriate path
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm » Sai: *Looking at Peri* There was a Raksha who was making them. *As if that explains anything*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm » Solar: I do not "remember" a past exaltation, I am the same as I was since the beginning, I stood against the primordials during the great war, I helped build a new prosperous empire, and then we were betrayed. I am not here to "help" I am here to lead. I am your elder and I possess more knowledge and wisdom than you will hope to possess in a thousand years.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm » Peri: More importantly WHY THE FLIPPING HELLFIRE EMPRESS' SCRED KNICKERS ARE THERE MECHANICAL MEN.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 pm » Ti: I think there was a 'great war'of some kind, thousands of years ago...I thought it was before their were Sun Kings, though.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 pm » Ti: I didn't know people *could* remember their past Exaltations. Huh.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 pm » he hasn't. it's a very rare subject to run accross these days
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 pm » Peri: *to Hue* He actualy sounds a lot like one of my uncles, after a hot plum wine.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm » Damn. 6,3,4,5,4, 3,4 (failure) But he should still remember if hes heard of it.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm » kk
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm » Hey, Demo! I got perfect memory here. I'm rollin'
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 pm » Sai: Hmmph. Well... if you art here to help, then you art welcome... we hath too many other woes.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm » Hue: But I have spent a great deal of time in the company of arrogant and callous Dragons. I cannot help thinking that you sound much like them right now.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm » Ti's got nothing more than a vague recolection of a mention of a war between great powers thousands of years past, long before the sun kings ruled.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm » Peri: ... But this is not the time. *inhales* I'm Precarious Balance of Justice of House Bundok. I am willing to cede little information, but this is not a time or place easy to trust anyone. Can you explain these *mechanichal* people?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 pm » 8,6,3,5,7, 8,1 (3 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 pm » Hue: ...Sir. I realize that I know very little about you. I respect that you are attempting to beat back the raksha.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:21 pm » Peri: I'm just saying, kings dont get stories about streets soaked in blood without some truth to them.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:21 pm » (anyone who wants to know what war he's talking about roll int + lore)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm » Ti: The....Great War? (does Ti know what he's refering to?)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm » Grang: He's probably talking about prior exaltations. But lets not worry about distinctions at this point.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm » Solar: Do you think I had not considered this already? What do you think the device behind me is for?! It will wrench control of the army from the raksha, putting it where it belongs.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 pm » Ti: And you do this while an army is besieging the twon, too? A Solar should be HELPING these townsfolk, not being an arrogant bully. Plus, your timing kind of sucks. And...wait, how old *are* you, anyway?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 pm » Grang: *sighs* Look, sir, we're dealing with a rather large issue, so perhaps we can delay the petty squabbling over who's going to lead the city until after we make sure there's a city to lead, eh?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 pm » Peri: Hey, hey, hey! Mouth off my great great... *counts* Great granny. Lies and trechery *happened*, yes, but keep civil
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 pm » Sai: ... A sun king?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 pm » Solar: And I earned mine! *stands tall and proud, arrogantly even* It was I who trapped Endless Riddle inside a riddle of my own making, saving thousands of mortals and terrestrials during the Great War! It was I who harnessed the heatsprings of the local lands to power the entire city! Yet, this is all forgotten because of the betrayers and their lies.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 pm » Hue: *does not like the look of this*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 pm » Ti: So, let me see if I understand. You just walked in to take over, the sole reason being that you are a Solar?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 pm » Sai: ...*narrows his eyes*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 pm » Peri: You EARN positions of power. You dont just GET one. And I am aware of the irony of me sayin' so.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 pm » Solar: *glares at Sai in disgust* me? Work with raksha? *practically spits the word raksha* never.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 pm » Peri: ...Natural... ORDER? *grits his teeth* You can shove any NATURAL ORDER up your philosophy!
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 pm » Sai: Lord Peri... Tis a similar sort to the creatures Lady Zoe and I saw before... tis possible this wretch works with Raksha.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 pm » Solar: I am Endless Depths of Knowledge, and I am surprised to see solars defying the return of the natural order. *looks around, looking mildly embarassed* admittidly, it has been a less smooth transition than I had hoped. These people refused to recognize my position as a solar and a fight broke out between my retinue and the local government while I worked on a method of defeating the invading army.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 pm » Ti: *has a shimmery gold and blue mandala anima* *raises an eyebrow, cooly keeps aiming*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 pm » Peri: *is surrounding by a winking series of little gold circles, which look like scales* *SUSPICIOUS* Are you responsible for this, sir? Or if not, is there a reason you weren't helpin'?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:10 pm » Sai: *Looking over this newcomer* And thou arf? (Returning to Sai's warform dog-joke thing)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:10 pm » Grang shrugs. "I think he means Kin in the more general sense. So, what brings you there?"
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm » Peri glances over. "Brother, I aint kin to no man I dont know."
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm » alright, as Sai issues his challenge a person bathed in golden light emerges from a doorway along the side of the hall behind the line of artifact guards. He's followed by another cadre of artifact guards and matrons and looks at Sai disdainfully. "Such a brash young lunar. Do not invite ruin upon your heads." The golden light seems to flow up over the man like a waterfall in reverse, splashing in the air a few feet above him on a design much like a large unblinking eye, which examines the roombriefly. "So, I see some of my kin survived the great betrayal."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:05 pm » And that's Grang's turn
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » Two bashing, then
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » yep
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » 11, right?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » Woah....
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » Soak?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » Alright, 19 raw bashing
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm » ok, 8 over then
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 pm » Good!
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 pm » Nine successes against a guard
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 pm » alright, the last of the matron's crumples in a heap, leaving jsut the few remaining artifact guards
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm » Three bashing damage on her
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm » Awesome!
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm » Alright, assuming same soak.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm » yep, and the first matron goes down
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 pm » Seven successes on Matron two... same DV?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm » Four bashing damage, then
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 pm » 7B
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 pm » 18 raw bashing... how much soak?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 pm » DV of 0 so 7 over
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 pm » Seven successes on matron one
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm » Ti: *grins*
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 pm » righto, plenty of wounded guards
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 pm » Sai is bellowing out at the crowd. "Doth anyone else wish t'face us?!?"
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:53 pm » Hmm... One fowling arrow at each, then. And one at a Guard, preferably one that looks wounded.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm » woops, two
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm » one
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm » Alright... remind me, how many of the matrons are still standing?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm » righto, next up is Grang
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm » 6,4,7,6,2, 6,9,5 (2 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 pm » Then rolling 8.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 pm » Woo!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 pm » 7B in this case. usually 11B, but since a tetsubo is mostly a grand gourmaul it's piercing dmg.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm » Nice!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm » Raw damage is 12+3 then, so 15 raw minus...?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:46 pm » Right.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:46 pm » righto, DV of 1 here
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm » 1,8,3,9,3, 9,1,6,7,4 (4 successes)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm » ROlling ten.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm » Right.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm » oooo
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 pm » Righto, that's a two action flurry, if you're attacking too
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:42 pm » RIght! Peris going to rush the next metal gaurd about to down a human.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm » Oh my.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm » Go Peri!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm » next up is peri
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:40 pm » alright, that pretty much tore the artifact raider apart with it's force, revealing the extent to which it's body seems to be full of metal compared to the usual organic bits.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm » Attack 2 Damage: 4,2,10,4,3, 3,7,5,10,2, 3,8,5,2 (6 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm » Attack 1 damage: 4,9,5,10,6, 9,3,9,10,3 (5 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm » Ok...
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:37 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 pm » a soak of 6L for both attacks
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 pm » Ok, so Sai adds his strenght of 5 in warform, plus his 8L damage, for a maximum damage, pre soak, of 16L for the first attack and 20L for the second
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 pm » at this point, yes
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm » Ok then
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm » Huh. Only one dodge?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm » ok, first attack is 3 over, second will be 7 over
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm » Do either of them hit?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm » The second attack was a bit better, anyway
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm » 9,4,1,8,7, 6,3,9,10,9, 5,3 (7 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm » For the second attack.... 12 dice..
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm » 10,10,6,1,2, 3,3,1,4,4, 3,6,1 (4 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:31 pm » Ok, 13 dice
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:31 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm » All personal essence. Pity that's most of what I've got left.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm » righto
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm » Two attacks, flurrying, spending 3 motes on each attack for 1st Dexterity Excellency
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm » so, two attack flurry?
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm » Sai will lunge forward, swinging his new Jade Spear Icepick around in an arc to drub the foe upside the forehead with the tip, while plunging the spear's tip down towards it's leg to impale it, a feral growl echoing out of his muzzle as he growls.'
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm » Go 'head, Sai.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 pm » yep
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 pm » Sai was standing next to a guy since he attacked and missed last time, as I recall
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm » so next up is peri or sai. whichever ^.^
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm » Ok then...
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm » If she's aiming, that is her turn
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 pm » I'll shut up until Chic finishes, sorry.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm » Aaah, and Sai's all hopped up on warform
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm » (She'll aim at one of the artifact builders)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm » (Yeah, her attacks aren't that great against these guys, might as well up the odds a bit)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:21 pm » she can
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:21 pm » Can Ti hang back a bit and aim?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:21 pm » Heya z.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm » yep, perfect timing
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm » Hiya Zobot.
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm » Looks like I'm here just on time
Professor Zobot « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm » Hey. Sorry, am I late?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:19 pm » ok, good solid hit. next up is Ti, Sai, and peri.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm » But yes, it can be confusing
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm » Pshaw, there's only ten steps :P
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm » 10,5,1,7,4, 4 (3 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:17 pm » it's fine. exalted's combat is confusing
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:17 pm » I mean I always flail over combat but this is ridiculous
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm » 17B dmg -11B soak =6B dmg to roll
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm » I'm sorry
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm » raw dmg doesn't get rolled, first we have to take out the soak of the opponent(yay exalted's 23435456456 simple steps of combat. :P )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:14 pm » 10,6,3,4,1, 8,4,10,3,6, 5,9,5,4,10, 6,6 (8 successes)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:12 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:10 pm » against a DV of 2, so that's 7 over + your str + the weapon's dmg rating= raw dmg
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 pm » 7,1,10,2,10, 10,7,8,4 (9 successes)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 pm » Oh nice.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm » it's ok. dex + combat skill(martial arts or melee here) + weapon accuracy ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm » ....a little help? *always forgets too*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 pm » *fails at Exalted*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm » ...I have no idea what this roll is
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:01 pm » All hail the sticks of hits.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 pm » HITTY STICK
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 pm » hitty stick is a good fallback in a fight ^^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 pm » Bluh, still fuzzy and don't remember what my charms do. Hitty stick it is.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:54 pm » you never know with solars
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:54 pm » it might be, it night not be.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:53 pm » I don't suppose now is a good time for reasoning with the guard?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:53 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm » Right.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:51 pm » Okay, so.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:50 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm » it's ok beard ^.^ wb and heyas sarah ))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm » Ooo, neat.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm » Back.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » Okay, sorry folks.
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » By the way, have any of you heard about CryptoCat? It's an encrypted, browser-based chat client.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » (Hi, Sarah!)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » (Hi!)
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 pm » Phew.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 pm » when beard is back Hue's action will be up
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 pm » 2B dmg.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 pm » 9 successes vs DV of 1=8 over + 6str +0B for punching=14B -11B soak=3B to roll.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 pm » Artifact gaurd, meet exiting new life as a paper weight.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:35 pm » Go Fist!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:35 pm » Fist will be trying to punch out one of the artifact guards
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:34 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:33 pm » No worries.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:31 pm » Frig I can' find my pencil agh
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:31 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:31 pm » now, go get a snack ^.^ tick ten will be Fist first, then Hue's next action
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:29 pm » 2L dmg to Hue
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm » righto, that's 8L to roll
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm » 6?
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:26 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 pm » ok. 6 over + 8L str/dmg= 14L raw dmg vs a soak of?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm » Okay, I like the term wallypedia.^^ And yes, maybe a sammich and milk?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm » Dammit I ate a real dinner this shouldn't be happening
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm » Lemme just get through this action
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm » wouldn't qute call that a meal. if you need a bit of time to make a more substantial snack, do that. the game won't go dissapear on you ^.^
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:23 pm » Spoonful of peanut butter.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:23 pm » did you take tinker's advice and eat?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm » and if you attacked last turn, it's -1 for an action penalty. (it's ok, none f us are perfect ^.^) so DV of 3 right now, meaning the artifact guard got 6 over
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm » I swear I know this stuff, I just feel a little dizzy and cloudy and weird
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm » sorry
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 pm » So for example, that would be a DV of 4
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm » (You don't roll it, just add it up and divide by two, round up)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm » 8,5,8,6,4, 10,6,2 (4 successes)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm » ah, righto. when in doubt, reference the wallypedia ^.^ ))
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm » (they can be either or. If you're got a martial arts score, you can use it for that.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm » They are? I thought they were MA...
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm » except staffs which are apparently melee in the book
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm » (Technically, Martial Arts applies to all barehanded combat, not just kicking.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 pm » If you're flattening enemies with a staff or high kicks— basically anything Jackie Chan would do— then you use Martial Arts instead.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 pm » That's one of them, yes. If you're using a melee weapon, then that's the one you'd use.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 pm » *melee
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 pm » mele = combat ability?
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 pm » Right. Yes. I knew that.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm » not soak at this step. DV, either dodge or parry. http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/Ex ... sheet.html excellent resource
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm » First it would be DV, either Parry or Dodge
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm » Okay, soak is what again?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm » Possibly.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm » tapioca pudding?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm » Bluh, I'm so sorry. I feel like moths ate my brain and filled the holes in with cold pudding.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 pm » .
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:10 pm » when you've got food: Hue was being attacked by guard 4, who got 9 successes on their attack
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:09 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:09 pm » Will do.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 pm » Eat something, sweetie.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 pm » oh, righto. it happens beard.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 pm » ...By which I mean I fell asleep by accident, not that I went temporarily comatose or something.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 pm » It's fine beard
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 pm » I'm really sorry everyone! I passed out!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:04 pm » ,
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:02 pm » Peri used it for his sStrength Buff.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:01 pm » Yeah, Grang hasn't spent any peripheral
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:00 pm » righto ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm » Wait, 8-10 spent? Yeah, Peris is up.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:58 pm » (peripheral spent,1-3 caste mark, 4-7 bright, 8-10 anima banner, it's scribbled on my character sheet.^_^)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:56 pm » righto, that's what I meant. any bright caste marks/glowiness? sorry for not being clear last time
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:56 pm » (Remember, Ti was healing the guy's broken spine while you all were recovering before. As well as scribbbling a mustache on his face with Hue's ink.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:56 pm » Close, though. Peris on Bonfire.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 pm » Not yet.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm » Not I
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm » is anyone else's banner going right now?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm » Oooh.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:52 pm » ohhh, righto. go ahead and take off that dmg then
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm » (Demo, since I have spent 11 peripheal, my anima effect comes into play, page 95, and automatically subtracts 1 health level of damage. I didn't understand it comepletely, and have been talking to wally)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm » Peri can manuver the heck out of that giant gold hitty stick.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm » righto, then that attack fails.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm » I think single.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm » right, single attack or flurry?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm » PDV is 6- but he just attacked.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 pm » 4 successes
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 pm » well, while we wait for Hue, the last guard will attack peri
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:42 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:40 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm » Hiding from you
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 pm » and got lucky. 9 successes. (where's this luck when I'm playing Shun?)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm » Heh.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm » guard 4 is attacking Hue
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm » guard 3 is currently unconcious on the ground at Peri's feet, so it's not doing anything
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:36 pm » 4 successes against her 4dodge DV so that's a failure
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 pm » Guard 2 will be attacking Fist
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 pm » Ti: *hisses in pain*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 pm » 2L dmg
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 pm » righto. so 5L to roll here
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 pm » okay, my lethal soak is 5-1 natural, and 4 from breastplate.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 pm » so 10L raw, what's her Lethal soak?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm » *hardness
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm » and durability of oak won't work here since it sets harness at 8L
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm » ...eep.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm » which means the attack is 2 over. +8L dmg/str=10L raw.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 pm » Ooh.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 pm » ah, yeah, just looked it up. so her DV is 0 right now
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 pm » (I flurried, tried to bap a guard with my staff)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:29 pm » *couldn't remember if it'd been a flurry*
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:28 pm » (Base dodge of three... do you remember what her last turn's actions were?)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:28 pm » right, so DV of 2 since she acted last turn, and the reroll attack was 2 successes, so a failure on that attack
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:28 pm » base dodge dv is a 3, and she has some armor.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 pm » righto. what's her DV? durability of oak doesn't come in until soak iirc
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 pm » ...I misspelled oak.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:26 pm » I meant, durability of oka. They're written next to each other on my sheet. ^^
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:26 pm » it's ok ^.^ long day for me too. hence the wound penalty slip
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:26 pm » sorry, long day. I knew that. *headdesk*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm » 2 successes on the reroll. and ox body isn't something that gets invoked, it jsut adds to your health levels
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm » invoke ox body?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm » wait,oops. forgot the wound penalty
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm » 7 successes
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm » great,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm » guard 1 attacks Ti
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm » Sounds good to me
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm » Wheee!
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm » the last person to attack was Zo, after tinker and wally, so next up is tick 9, which is the artifact infected people, so bear with me while they make their attacks. ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm » (We're a lovely state. No one knows how to make sweet tea, but we have all the supplys~)
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm » (I want to move there, too-one long ago visit to San Fran/Berkely hooked me.^^)
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm » (it's ok jane, we're starting with the fight in the townhall anyway ^.^)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm » (Or oregon! Oregon is like california, wih cheaper *rent*.)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm » (Move here for the healthcare for poor people, and vaugly liberal stance towards diferin' folks. Vi la california.)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm » (Also, being on the West Coast is great!)
Jane Narbon « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm » (Hi. I'll be available soon, though I will be cooking dinner and somewhat slow to respond.)
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm » :(
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm » Righto. :P when we last left off, there was a fight in the town hall, artifact raiders had, somehow, found a way to infect several of the matrons and guards and the artifact matrons were building something in the middle of the fight. (heh, I want to move to the west coast so my late night ways make sense for the time of day. :P)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm » Being on a three hour time delay means I miss all my favorite peoples days.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » I knuuu. I don't stay up nearly as late in this time zone.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » It;s been fun being in the same time zone.
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » Nifty.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » For about another month.
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » Yup!
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm » Hiya, Claire-still in California?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:14 pm » No good trying to sally forth with a murky DM.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:14 pm » Slow is fine. ^^ And a shorter session, if you are tired, is more then fine.
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm » woo misunderstanding train. :P
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm » No, no, misunderstanding on my part.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm » *re reads* Oooh, you just meant thats when Z will be here.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm » oh, I was talking about taking it slow until then, but starting then probably makes more sense. just not sure how late I'll last tonight ^.^;
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 pm » I was just reacting to what you said- we'll probably start at 9EST, which is in about two hours.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 pm » "Soooo in two-ish hours? Thats perfect for me. I can get my own dinner in."
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 pm » Meant by what?
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:11 pm » ,
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:11 pm » wait, was that what you meant tinker?
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:11 pm » that sounds fine to me, I can deal with that. give me time to nap a bit ^.^ any objections?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm » XD
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm » The nice dental assistant reffered to the choice of lower-teeth wiring as 'ambitious.'
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm » Cool.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm » Braces adjusted on THursday, see.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm » Soooo in two-ish hours? Thats perfect for me. I can get my own dinner in.
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm » heyas tinker
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm » Righto.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:08 pm » Allo allo. ^^
Wallycaine « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:07 pm » Alright, sounds good to me
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:01 pm » *nods*
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:00 pm » now, the official time of gathering is 7pm, but I've yet to have dinner(it's cooking right now) so we'll be taking it slow until I no longer have a hunger headache, and Zo will be a bit later. 8pm CST whhiiiich translates to 9pm EST
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm » heya chic
chicgeek « Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm » Hiya, Demo.^^
Claire « Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 pm » *setting up dm screen*

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: exalted quest 2 logs IV
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm 
Offline
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Two steps ahead of you
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 pm » 4 ssxp for everyone +1 to Sai for his speach, and +1 to Zoe for her bits.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 pm » Zoe: Yes, I can see how that would be very helpful in communicating with people aboveground.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 pm » Heh... fair enough
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 pm » Grang: I actually have a solution for that. If we find out that the piece of Wyld is the cause of the encasement, I will fire off one of these. *holds up an arrow with a hole specially carved in it* Two if it's the scrolls, and three if it's something completely different.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 pm » if she wants to, but it'll be during the semi canon aftergame. :P
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm » Aw, Zoe doesn't get to argue about the parties?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm » ssxp time ^.^
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm » and with that we'll end tonight's game
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:35 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:35 pm » Sai: *Setting Zoe and Depths down* I agree with that, but we need a way of getting any information you find to the others quickly to prevent any escalations.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 pm » Grang: Well, except for the part where you're alone. I will accompany you, as I may be of some small use, and if Depths would be willing, he may provide us with starting points from his memories.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 pm » Zoe: Now, are we going to commence with your plan where I go off on my own and research the solar's notes for information about the primordial, Flim attempts to seek out the solar group, and you pursue the Raksha to determine his goal, or do you have further chastizing that needs to be gotten out of the way?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 pm » (Hiya Geneve)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 pm » She's gotten 24 motes back, but that's it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm » So... no.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm » (Hey Dr. Beard!)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm » she was asleep for 3 hours at the beginning of the last section we ran
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm » (Because each level of -1L damage takes 2 days to heal...)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 pm » .
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 pm » (How long has Kyra been sleeping? Is she fully healed? Or not?)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm » ((...Holy frig. Looks like I've missed some major goings on.))
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm » Grang: *shrugs* I'd rather have them prepared for it, and not need it, than for us to end up unleashing death on this place and the rest of creation because we weren't prepared for the fact that these Raksha might be deliberately intending on releasing the Primordial.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:28 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:28 pm » Zoe: I still maintain that Kyra would be advised to talk to Shining Mind. And that sending someone on the precaution of combat is ill-advised.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm » Sai: See also: My comment about how you go off on your own I made prior.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm » Grang: Zoe, I understand what you were attempting to do, but Sai is correct. We have larger concerns at the moment.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm » Sai: It does. Very much. If you have something to add, please by all means speak up. Because normally you tell me nothing.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm » Endless depths: *sighs* loath as I am to admit it. Your point is an excellent one. We will deal with the primordial first and discuss the device later.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 pm » (Nooooo you deserve bonuSSE)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 pm » (Sorry for kind of stealing the show there.)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 pm » Zoe: I highly doubt that what I say matters to you.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 pm » Sai: *Growling at both of them* What Say You?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm » Sai: Either by having to face him in combat to stop him from harming you, or by the fact that he will refuse to aid us if we treat him harshly
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm » Sai: Tis neither. It is a request for you to temporarily table these actions in deference to the fact that we need every set of hands we can and if you continue, we will likely lose both of Endless's.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:21 pm » Zoe: Are you venting, or is this a request for an explanation of my actions?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm » Lady Zoe. I hath had to eat a great deal of crow in admitting that you need not protection. You are every bit as capable and intelligent and cunning as this man, and you are a mighty force to behold in work. But you cannot go off and work alone and on your own whim every time you feel tis necessary. Despite our efforts, our attempts to reduce the number of dangers to this city and even the world have not yet borne fruit. And this? This is not helping. You art not a soldier under my command and I hath no right to order you. But Master Echo sent us out together to aid this place, and I ask you now to please cease provoking this man and focus on the greater dangers at work. We need you now, not to dismantle this machine and unravel its secrets, but to unravel and command the secrets of a primordial and it's bindings, and I know of no one else who might be able to meet that challenge.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:19 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm » hee. good point. ))
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm » (to be fair, I think she's empathetic enough that she would merely be dismissive, given that he's upset)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:17 pm » (One more moment. I gotta get this exactly right or Zoe will eat Sai alive)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 pm » Zoe: *is holding the component of the machine she removed*
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:13 pm » Sai: *turning to Zoe*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:13 pm » 4,2,3,2,7, 7,4,6,8,4 (3 successes) and then, if you allow it, Demo, 2,8,10 (3 successes) for the channel, putting my final total to 8 successes
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:13 pm » ok, go for it
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 pm » 3rd and final conviction channel fo the session
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 pm » Er, I'm also going to spend 1 willpower to channel my conviction, if I may
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 pm » Also, I gain a 3 dice stunt bonus! Woo!
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 pm » Ok... well, I have to correct myself. I spend 4 motes of peripheral for 2 successes. So at least I've got 2 successes so far. And another 10 dice coming, with the stunt dice factored in
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 pm » oh yes. I'll say a 3 die one here
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm » Do I get a stunt bonus?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm » yeah, definitely a charisma + presence check
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm » Also, emphasizing his frusteration with this scene, he's probably baring his fangs, hackles up. Angry wolf is angry.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm » Er, after we resolve that
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm » I'll have Sai address Zoe after I mention that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm » And just to punctuate his message to Endless Depths of Knowledge, Sai is spending a full 8 motes of Peripheral essence to buy 4 instant successes on a Charisma Plus Presence check. That is, if you agree with me that that is the check I'd be making, Demo
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:06 pm » Sai, holding both Zoe and Depths in his burly wolfen hands, Full Moon Caste Mark first turns to Depths. "You. Endless Depths of Knowledge, since I hath met you have done nothing but fuss and fume and lament about how no one wishes to flock to your banner and basically fall on their knees seeking thy wisdom. Thou clearly hath a great deal of intellect, for creating that device and controlling that army. Yet leadership and command are not granted by merit, but by deeds. The world hath forgotten you, and what great works have you done to make it love you once more? You yourself said we must stop this primordial-thing above all else, and yet you waste your mighty intellect squabbling with a potential ally? Fighting like a child whose favorite toy his sister hath doth NOT reflect well upon you. Your star shines brighter than that. Stand up and face this ancient foe, like you and yours did for your empire long ago. Prove your worthiness to rule! Save those that you would lead! This idle conflict wastes time and diminishes both you AND Lady Zoe. he then turns to Zoe. And thou.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:06 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm » Also more than Zoe's DV.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm » ok, that's more than the solar's DV
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm » (trying to catch up now)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm » (...You may want to catch up back thread. Or I can try and explain what's going on in IM)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm » (back)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm » (bear with me)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 pm » (One moment. Drama is coming)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm » 10,9,8,2,8, 4,9,2,7,5, 6,4 (7 successes)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm » (ok, I'll try it after Zobot does his thing)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm » so 6 dex dice plus 4 bonus dice plus 2 for martial arts.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm » Fine. And just to establish how serious I am about this, I'm going to be spending 4 motes on Dexterity Excellency 1 to gain some extra dice for it.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:57 pm » (Since the only big events going on at the moment are the scroll, and the raksha removing a piece of the Wyld, either of which could be what's binding it in place)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:57 pm » roll dex + martial arts, basically a grapple roll
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm » (We just found out that there may or may not be a primordial attempting to break free, so the idea was that he would attempt to warn the "scroll" group, so they don't accidentally free it while retriving the scrolls and all that)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm » Because He's got a bit of a speech coming on...
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm » What roll do I need to do to do that BEFORE he begins addressing them?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm » Ok. Demo? Sai is going to intercede between Depths and Zoe, picking both of them up in either hand if he can and deliberately setting them both aside.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm » Zoe: *pulls the piece out* The complexity of the object is irrelevant to whether or not I should be attempting to take it apart. *still ignoring Grang and Sai*
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm » Grang: I would only suggest swapping myself and thyself, Sai. You said yourself you would be better suited to finding the Raksha.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm » Sai: *Turning back to Warform and growling* That. Is. IT.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm » (BTW, I just got back from picking up my daughter. Why do I need a quick horse?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm » Sai: With that in mind, I wouldst like to suggest a plan of attack. Kyra and Grang: Go to the Raksha if thou can. Grang, you saw which direction they were going last, and the two of you if you hurry can make it, I think. Zoe and I can check to confirm if their actions art a risk. And then- *He stops and sighs*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 pm » Solar: *looks insulted at Grang* pile of junk?! This sir is a highly complex artifact of great power and she's trying to take it apart!
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 pm » Grang: *enunciating carefully* We Need To Stop A Primordial, And Then You Can Worry About Who Controls What Army.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » (I'm pretty sure there's one or two :D )
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » Zoe: You would only replace it once it has been REMOVED, obviously. Otherwise you are not REplacing anything. *grabs it with her other hand* Although if you yank me away while I am holding this, you may break something.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » Grang: Zoe. Depths. I would look kindly if you would please stop it at this moment? We have larger concerns than that large pile of junk, whether it controls a small army or not.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » Flim: Ah I see, I cqn do that.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » it's not already? ))
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm » ...that ought to be a sidereal charm: Just finding whatever resource you need fortituiously along your way.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 pm » Solar: Why would I replace it when it's right here! *grabs at Zoe to pull her away*
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 pm » Grang: *nods* I understand Flim, but I find that your particular brand might be very useful in, say, finding a quick horse.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm » Zoe: If anything, I am disassembling.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm » Zoe: I fail to see how that breaks anything. *continues unscrewing* While removing functionality, replacing it will completely restore it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm » Flim: I', not sneaky as in stealthy, but I'll be happy to try.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm » Grang: *sighs*
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm » Solar: Yes you will, you're unscrewing the tuner for the essence dispersal feild! *walking over with a glare*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm » Sai: Tough luck, Master Knowledge. Zoe is not easily convinced once she's made up her mind
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm » Grang: And that sounds sound, Sai. We may need to move quickly, after all.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm » Grang: Master Flim? You're perhaps the sneakiest one of us all... do you think you'd be able to catch up with those of us who went after the Scrolls?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm » Zoe: *unscrewing* I will not.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm » Sai: I can move the quickest and track by scent... if we can confirm that the Raksha art harmless then getting to whoever goes to the Raksha wouldst be easiest for me
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm » Solar: *turns sharply and points at zoe* you! stop fiddling with my work! you'll break something!
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:47 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:45 pm » (Yeah, but I'd assume we'd wait to do that section until she gets back. She's just at dinner, after all.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:45 pm » (Jane's AFK, remember?)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm » Grang: *nods to Kyra* Not that I doubt your own abilities, but it's always better to be even than outnumbered.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm » Sai: Hm.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm » Grang: *shrugs* I'd recommend someone goes with her then, in case force is needed for persuasion.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:43 pm » Zoe: Based on prior occurances, I am skeptical about the ability of you and Sai to convince the Raksha of anything. I would recommend Kyra for that task.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 pm » Grang: While Zoe and perhaps someone else goes to investigate the records, and see if they can find anything about where this Primordial would be sealed?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm » Grang: *nods* I understand. At the moment, the best I can guess would be that one or two of us go to talk with the Raksha, and see if we can delay their removal of the Wyld peacefully.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:40 pm » Sai: But if you're confident you could read the other records, it might be worth it to find out confirmation
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:39 pm » Sai: Hm... that's a good thing, then. The only reason I am worried about time is that we don't know the timetable of this Primordial-thing
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:39 pm » Zoe: Granted, there are large error bars, but I already read a portion of the records, and I do not feel that it would necessarily be so difficult to access the rest.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:39 pm » Grang: Oh?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm » Zoe: Sai, I am not certain of the accuracy of your time estimate.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm » it could be, assuming you can find the right records
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm » they detailed logs of them trying to use the wyld shard to create an unlimited energy source, there where weird reports of ghostly images and then it all apparently went wrong
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm » Tim permitting, obviously.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm » Ok, so it would be fairly straightforward to go back and read the rest, right?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm » Grang certainly hasn't
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm » you did, or at least part of them
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm » ...didn't we already read the records of what the solars were doing?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 pm » Sai: ...there might be one way... if we could access the old Solar's old records, we mgiht be able to see what they were doing with it. But t'would be a lot of time and effort for what mayst be a wyld goose chase.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 pm » Grang: *walks over and leans against the entrance they came in* And if it's not that... we'll have to trust our comrades. I don't suppose any of you know how to get a message to them quickly?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm » Grang: *sighs* Is there any way we could tell if the removal of the Wyld would release anything of that magnitude? Or do we have to work entirely off of guesswork and suspicion?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm » Solar: The wyld is chaos. everything and nothing by the same instants. madness and potential.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:31 pm » Sai: And the Wyld is... well, if the old Immaculate Tales art true, it's, um... lots of stuff? Arrgh, all I ever really payed attention to in those stories were the fights against the dread behemoths...
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:31 pm » Grang: *shrug* Perhaps. Still, it could be unconnected...
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 pm » Solar: the raksha would gain plenty from the chaos of a newly freed primordial. Creation would tear itself apart fighting it, leaving it weak and ripe for the picking of the raksha hordes
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 pm » Sai: We know they were experimenting with the Wyld here. But what they were doing we know not.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:29 pm » Grang: True, true... It's possible.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 pm » Sai:*switching back to human form* What if the ancient Solars here did something that used the Wyld to put this primordial-thing to sleep or something?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm » (oops! too slow, sorry)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm » Sai: Unless they don't know.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm » Zoe: The event with the Raksha counts to that effect.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm » Grang: Perhaps he's linked to the bit of wyld that the Raksha are retriving? But that seems unlikely, given the Raksha would benefit no more from releasing one of his ilk than anyone else.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:26 pm » Grang: Unless the rest of you know of any other significant events likely to happen soon?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:25 pm » Grang: *nods* Which means there's two likely methods for his rise that I can think of... either he's somehow linked to the scrolls that the rest are pursuing, or the power of the Chimera rising will somehow unleash him
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 pm » Sai: Hm... but Denandsor isn't quite easy to explore.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 pm » (right, oops.)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 pm » (Jane's out atm, Demo)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 pm » Grang: Regardless... the part I'm unsure of is how he will rise. It's unlikely he'll stick around and happen to show up in dreams again, so we need to be proactive...
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:22 pm » Solar:*looks around at you all* true. None of you are strong enough, even together to slay a primordial. Describe where you encountered the primordial lunar woman.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm » (that's what I thought, thanks)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm » the rest of you have already left the hall, you're elsewhere by now
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 pm » kyra has no idea really what a primordial is. Zoe however... she knows a good bit from her time in echo's library. primordials are the original creators of creation, increadibly powerfull, and abusive on a species wide scale. The exalted slew or captured them all in the great war.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 pm » (We just had to get a map first and go-what does Demo say? Have the rest of us boogied onward? )
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm » (Haffun, Jane)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm » (Well, that's why we split up-unless you got back really fast and we dawdled?)\
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm » Grang: We don't have much chance of killing it. We're better off making sure it doesn't rise in the first place.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm » (Gotta go dinner. It's BLTs)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » Zoe: *examining the machine*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » (Are you guys doing the scroll-hunting thing now?)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » 10 successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » Sai: ...why would we be killing a... primordial?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » 2,1,2,7,6, 2,5,6 (1 success)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » http://umbralechoes.com/ExaltedRoller.php
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm » (Shame the rest of us have gone scroll huntin'-we're missing a fascinating conversation. ^_^)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm » (can someone link me to the roll site?)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm » Six successes
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm » Kyra: It was in a dream. What do you mean, where?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm » Grang: If it came in a dream, it's likely not manifest at the moment.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm » anyone wanting to recognize the word roll int + lore
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm » Solar: Where is it? *striding towards Kyra, looking almost afraid, device forgotten behind him* We must strike it down as quickly as possible.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm » Grang: *points to Solar* Judging by his reaction, a Big Nasty.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm » Sai: *Has like, ONE dot in history. The odds he'd know what a primordial is are pretty unlikely, and it's not in his background, so I wouldn't really even want to bother rolling*
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm » Kyra: 'Primordial'. It was big and scary...
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » Sai: ...a what?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » Grang: Huh. That sounds unfortunate.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » Zoe: *walking forward and examining the machine*
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » *Then
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » Kyra: The I asked it, if it was involved in all the chaos around Denandsor. It said yes... and that it would soon be free.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm » Solar: *stands suddenly, dropping his tools* primordial?!
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm » Kyra: It said it was.... a 'Primordial'.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm » Sai: ...who?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 pm » Kyra: I had a... strange dream, as I healed. I... met someone.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 pm » Kyra: BUT.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 pm » Kyra: Oh. Okay. So, um, now that you've got control, and you're moving them out of the walls... honestly, I think we're doing well.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 pm » Solar: no, you cast it upon them while the raksha controlled them.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 pm » Heck if I know Zobot. I'm figuring it out as we go ^_^
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 pm » Grang: Like I said, lots of stuff and things have happened, Kyra. They weren't at the time.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Solar: I have many many accomplishments from my first reign, but the scarlet empire and time has seen to the forgetting of these accomplishments.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Grang: *sighs* Zoe, now may not be the time to be pendantic?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Kyra: Control... so wait, it was YOUR raiders I cast Countermagic on?!
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Ok.... I need to call a time out for a moment. What exactly are we hoping to accomplish here?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Zoe: Or you would be able to come up with a more creative solution to accomplish the same goal.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 pm » Zoe: If your name were accurate, you would likely have more facts at your disposal to persuade others of the validity of your leadership.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm » Solar: long term? I intend to use this army to teach the scarlet empire a lesson about hunting Solars.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm » Grang: Ahh. Well, I mostly wished to check on the long term goals, but it seems you've got a good start.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 pm » Solar: *gives zoe a single cold hard look before going back to his work*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 pm » *theirs
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 pm » Sai: An ancient Sun King has returned, mayhap more than one. Also, a great and dire creature that was once Lunar lurks nearby, and the Raksha are leaving with what is theres.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm » Solar: once I gain control of the army? I have already done so. I am simply fine tuning the control now. I have already set them to the task of gathering their camp and moving it from the city walls.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm » Grang: *is helpful*
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm » Grang: Stuff and things.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm » Kyra: [confused] Wait, exactly what happened while I was out?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07 pm » Zoe: Have you tried changing to a person that people wish to have lead them? That seems faster and more effective.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 pm » Grang: And, perhaps more importantly, I do wish to ask about your intentions once you gain control of the army.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 pm » Solar: I would be in charge, but it seems no one wishes for me to lead, so I will stick to my work until wisdom is seen and I am placed in charge.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 pm » Sai: Eh? *ear perk*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 pm » Zoe: If you are currently in charge, I would like to lodge a complaint about the effectiveness of the current jailing methods.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:04 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:03 pm » (back)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:03 pm » Kyra: Nice to meet you, Endless. I am Kyra.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:03 pm » Solar: I am Endless Depths of Knowledge.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 pm » Kyra: [to the Solar] Who are you?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 pm » (Well, you wouldn't know his name... plus, I forgot it)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 pm » (So who is the solar? Do I just refer to him as 'solar'?)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 pm » (oops)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm » (Graceful blade isn't here)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm » Grang: Zoe, if you don't mind, we could at least try diplomancy first...
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm » Kyra: Who are you? [looks at Graceful Blade]
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm » Sai: Things hath grown sightly less chaotic thanks to lady Zoe.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm » Solar:*looks up* oh. you again.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm » Zoe: *walking toward the solar*
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm » Kyra: How are things?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm » Sai: Lady Kyra!
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm » Grang: *waves to Kyra* Hello again.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm » alright, you all head back up through the catacombs, leaving the raksha to go the way of the complex and the large cavern holding the shadow. You all eventually emerge back in the town hall main hall, where the solar seems engrossed in his work on the device at the center of the hall, and one of your other companions has just arrives, namely Kyra.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:55 pm » Zoe: *disappointed*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:54 pm » Ok, I don't think I've got anything else to ask these guys...
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 pm » Sai: ...thank you.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 pm » Grang: Yes, I guessed that. But thank you for the information.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:52 pm » Gracefull Blade: Yes, the chimera oft lend their strength to the wyld and to us of the wyld, but this one doth go it's own way and serve it's own purposes it wouldst seem. As for where it doth make bed, it doth seem to favor the woods near the southwest of the Empty City. I wouldst be carefull, it tis an old one and strong. e
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 pm » Zoe: *rolls eyes* Given that you will likely not be dealing with that, either, I do not suppose you have aid to offer in the form of information that can be quickly transferred?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:50 pm » Grang: Regardless, do you know where it might be now? Or at least the location of its hideout?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:50 pm » Grang: ...Is it really that surprising?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 pm » Sai: Wait... hyu BROGHT it?
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 pm » At that both raksha look slightly embarassed, the soldier noding gravely. "We didst bring the chimera here to give us aid in combat. It didst seem loayal to our cause at first, but upon arrival here it didst... prove most willfull."
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:47 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 pm » Sai: ...yes, that thing.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm » Grang: The same. She got away, and we've dealt with some parts of it, but... by no means the main mass.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm » Grang: *asking the Raksha*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm » Zoe: The chimera that kidnapped Wisper, or a different one?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 pm » Grang: In fact... while I'm thinking about it, have either of you heard about a Chimera around these parts?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 pm » Sai: that was where I found you?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 pm » Sai: ...We were there before, we we not?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 pm » Zoe would to try to go to the room where she was helping the acting Matron before, but I'm not sure where that was.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm » Zoe: I would ideally like to attempt to deal with the artifact raiders.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm » Flim: I agree
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm » Grang: Otherwise, we should go meet with the rest. I know Peri's been worried.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm » Shining mind: no. inspired by wyld yes. but not wyld. belongs to creation. keep it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm » Flim: (to the Raksha) It was a pleasure meeting you.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm » Grang: Unless you know of anything in particular that needs to be dealt with in that direction, Zoe.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm » Zoe: *holds up the book* You do not need this?
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm » Sounds good.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm » Zoe: *nods to Shining Mind*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm » I see no reason why not
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm » Alright, so heading back to the town hall?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm » Shining Mind: agreed. it was pleasant talking. clever and not wanting my head on a pike. a happy combination.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm » Sai: Thou handled this far better than I couldst have dared hoped t'would be possible. I apologize for believing you needed to be protected. You are far more capable than I and I art honored to call you friend.\
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:38 pm » Zoe: A pity. You are pleasant company, although possibly only for one such as myself. I will enjoy researching your artifacts.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:38 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm » Sai: And... ah, Zoe... *pauses*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm » Sai: *Nods* Aye, Flim hath the right of it.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm » Flim: Why don't we return and see if our other companions need our help?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm » Graceful Blade: An agreeable truce sir Sai. *bows lightly*
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm » Shining Mind(the artificer raksha): *blinks in surprise* a lunar. offering to work with raksha. That is unusual. But no. My work lies most in my home. the wyld. would do you ill. to spend overmuch time there.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 pm » Sai: But seriously. *He bows* My apologies for any arrogance, good sir. We art grateful that you are removing this portion of the Wyld from Creation, and will not obstruct you in any way so long as you doth not obstruct us.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 pm » FlimOOC: I smell testosterone in the air :)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 pm » Zoe: *to the Raksha* ...I don't suppose you are in need of a part-time assistant, or that any nonbinary assistantship for a Raksha is possible?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 pm » Grang: *chuckles* I doubt I could ever quite do that.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 pm » Sai: I'm a soldier. Diplomacy was for the Dragon Blooded leading us, Lady Zoe.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm » Zoe: Grang, Sai, you are making me look diplomatic by comparison.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm » Grang: *rolls his eyes* Tis better to graciously recieve permission you don't need than refuse that which you do.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm » so, now that Zoe's back in your presence, what will you all be doing?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 pm » Sai: No one. And No one here wants it regardless.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm » Artificer:*snorts* who asked your permission?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:28 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 pm » Sai: And thou canst have it.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:26 pm » Artificer Raksha: If you must name it. it would be a piece of the wyld. taken and used. solars of old apparently thought they could control it. foolish. we shall gather it. take it home.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:26 pm » Zoe: *sigh* I suppose you have no interest in any sort of research related to the army, seeing as you already comprehend the mechanics entirely.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm » Grang: Out of curiousity, what didst thou come for?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm » Grang: Of course, there's always other options. Mutiple body conciousness's, some sort of replication device... we may not find out right away.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm » Graceful Blade: So, I taketh it that our business is done sirs and missus? We salt go to the cavern of gold and silver and many colors to retrieve what we didst come for and thou shalt go back to dealing with the army?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm » Sai: Alright. Well... mayhaps... we came here to get you and bring you there, t'would you be willing to assist.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 pm » (Ok, I may just retire the Sai dog-joke quirk. I'm not doing a good job of it)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 pm » Zoe: Likely, Sai. More time to converse with the designer of such systems would be helpful in that regard, but that may not be practical.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » Grang: *chuckles*
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » Flim: I can? (feigns an innocent look)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » Zoe: When you mentioned a mind to rival your own in the city, did you mean 'at least one' or 'exactly one'?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » Sai: *Looking at Zoe* La-er, Zoe *Still trying to get over using the pleasentries* If we couldst get hyu to the means they arf using to try and take control of their army, couldst thou try and figure out how to disable it?
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm » Grang: *shrugs* Tis posible. After all, tis not only Master flim that can appear as another person.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 pm » (the solar you all met in the town hall was most definitely male, and the solar Zoe met was most definitely female)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 pm » The smaller raksha lifts their head and tilts it. "Did they try to take the army? then the same solar. same style."
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm » Wait, I thought the solar we met WAS male.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm » Grang: Huh. Might have been a different one, then.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm » Zoe: ...I distinctly recall the solar being female.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm » Gracefull Blade: *nods to Flim* A clever strategy sirs. Tis not wise to face a potential foe with all strength unsheathed for them to thus observe
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm » Sai: See, I had hopes we couldst request thy help with that, Zoe. Also, the fact that there's a horrible shapeshifting monster in the city somewhere and, um, my brother and several other Dragon Blooded here...
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:18 pm » Grang: Ah, yes, we met him. Seemed a tiny bit arrogant, but tis how it goes.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 pm » Flim: (stepping out, dropping charm) Hello, well met
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 pm » Gracefull Blade: I doth not speak for mine lord. But the terms hath been met. Lady Zoe is free to eave when she doth please.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 pm » Zoe: Well, there likely will be, but it will be more related to the solar in the city taking control of the artifact army.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm » Grang: And whomever you may be.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm » Grang: *chuckles* Hello again Zoe.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm » Sai: He's one of my compatriots. So everything hath been resolved? Tis no need fur bloodshed?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:15 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm » Pfffff.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm » righto. Soon someone steps through the archway, hand placed lightly on the hilt of their sword in it's sheath. It's Gracefull Blade from before, dressed in his worn but well maintained armor. Behind him came an androgynous individual who is short and wire thin, with long delicate fingers, eyes large and darting as he walks half turned, taking to the last person in the line, Zoe. Gracefull blade immediately stops walking upon seeing Sai and Grang. "Ah, salutations sir Sai. It art my pleasure to inform you that we hath found the object of our seeking with lady Zoe's assistance. Who art your friend who wouldst hide in the cabinet?" (he got 6 successes on his perception roll)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm » Thank you :)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm » No, it's smart.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm » FlimOOC: FWIW, my idea was that if I did get found I coluld pretend that I was Zoe and had escaped, hopefully they would take me to where Zoe was and the rest could follow
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:10 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm » I don't think hiding is important after Grang pointed it out. But in the off-chance he's wrong, having someone hidden in reserve is probably a good idea. So Flim hide, we won't. Just in case
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm » Grang won't.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm » Flim is
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm » *Sai
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm » ok, are we hiding or not?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm » Grang: Well, her and one other person. So probably who you left her with, Zoe.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm » GrangOOC: No, no, I understand.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm » He'll just wait
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm » 2,2,9,3,3 (1 success) Although if it's just Zoe and Grang's sure, Sai won't bother hidng
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm » FlimOOC: You didn't originally saaid it was Zoe, and I'd had an inspiration. No big deal
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm » Heehee...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm » Grang: ...Well, I'm more referring to the fact that I heard her, but okay.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm » Flim(whispers to Grang) I have an idea in case it's not.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 pm » MJ rolled this (no stealth)6,10,3 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:02 pm » Grang: ...You know, that's probably not necessary. I mean, it is Zoe coming back...
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm » And also-MJ is putting up the perfect disguise charm he has, to look like Zoe.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm » ...Nice typo
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm » *dex
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm » everyone hiding please roll sex + stealth
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:00 pm » Mj says Flim will hide in the cabinet, keeping the door cracked open.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 pm » Sai: *Whispering* Hide!*
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm » There are a few places in the room that could be used for hiding. a cabinet on one wall, and a heavy L shaped desk against another.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 pm » (MJ needs to reboot the computer, back soon)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 pm » Grang: ...Huh.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 pm » Ok. new question. Is there anywhere in here we can HIDE?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm » ok, Sai and Flim can only make out the occasional word amongst the echoes in the cave. Nothing to get a sense for what's being discussed, though they do catch the word "invasion" at one point.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:53 pm » Flim: 9,9,4,6 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:53 pm » Four successes
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:53 pm » Sai's check: 6,8,5,3,3, 6,2,1,9 (2 successes)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm » perception + awareness check for any trying to make it out
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 pm » Dang it. Ok... can we hear what they're talking about?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:50 pm » well, there's only one other way out of the room besides the etched door, the archway into the caves, and the scent leads that way, as well as the sound's origin.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:50 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm » He's kinda single-minded right now.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm » Well, regardless, he's still ignoring the footsteps if they're far off. Unless the scent leads that way
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm » The footsteps continue to grow closer, and at least one person seems to be talking.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm » Grang: Huh... keep an eye out for the source of the footprints, then.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm » Oh! My bad. Sai wouldn't say that, then
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm » sorry for not making sure that was clear before.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 pm » er, zo, you're not in the complex with the shadow creature, that was a different door. there are many along the hall. this one leads to the caves under the empty city, the other one to a complex of some sort
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm » Ok... Sai will at the moment disregard the footsteps, mainly because he believes time is of the essence and if we move it's unlikely that this thing will follow us anyway. He's looking to follow Zoe's scent again
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 pm » Sai: Be warned... ahead there are many dangerous things... including mayhap a shadow creature that stalked Zoe and I before..
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 pm » As you all step out into the room, you can hear footsteps echoing in the great cave outside the dusty room's archway, heading your way, though they still seem far off.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 pm » the door shimmers after grang's mote, revealing the slightly tilted, dusty room that leads out into the caves under the Empty City.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 pm » ok, thanks
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm » for MJ: the doors are artifacts of sorts, you use a mote of essence and the door shimmers, revealing another locale, you step through and are transported to the new location. They al seem set in destination.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm » Grang: *adds a mote to the door
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm » Four sucesses for Grang, with more normal tracking methods
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm » Sai: My power hath waned, but b'twixt us all we arf likely to hath the power to dig through these doors...
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 pm » Sai: *Explaining what the doors do and how they work*
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm » alright, it's easy enough for Sai to track their scent, to the etched door at the end of the hallway, someone will need to pay one mote to grant access to the other side of the door.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm » (throws Sai a scooby snack)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:37 pm » 7,7,7,4,9, 2,2,8,2 (5 successes) for tracking!
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:37 pm » Sai's still in warform, so his total tracking skill is 9 because of his mutations
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:37 pm » Flim: 8,1,9,1 (2 successes)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm » Ok then.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm » Grang: Well, we'll just have to deal with that when it happens.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:35 pm » righto, so back down into the cold empty catacombs you all go. It doesn't take much time to arrive back in the hallway with the etched doors, where Sai and Zoe ran into the rkaha soldier and his small contingent of artifact raiders. roll perception + survival or awareness to search for their scents to track them.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » ...someday, somewhere, I will play a Raksha based on David Bowie
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » Sai: Tis risky, though. The catacombs have... many unusual things down there.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » (*snrk*)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » GrangOOC: Well, you never know.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm » (Raksha smell like Ziggy Stardust?)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm » Flim: We don't want to sneak thru an army, do we? Catacombs are better
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm » Hm... seems reasonable to me.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm » SaiOOC: Well, assuming Raksha haven't learned to stop smelling like Special Stardust, and Zoe hasn't learned to stop smelling of hedgehog.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm » (Best of luck!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:32 pm » If we go back to the catacombs Sai can track her by scent.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:32 pm » alrighty! when we left off the group was splitting up, one group going towards the city to try and find the scrolls and the other to rescue zoe. The group going to rescue zoe: how are you going after her? back down into the catacombs or through the army to the raksha's command tent?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm » SaiOOC: Well, it was until Thorns.
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm » SaiOOC: Keeping everyone I care about together is much easier in the infantry...
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm » (there's dragon blooded in the city, he may even get a chance to kill one or two. oh yeah, he's going into the city.)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm » (I'm surprized gentle Breeze isn't going with Sai, to tick him off. ^^)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm » (ahhh, ditto for Peri and his hair temper disadvantage.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm » (He's just eager to make sure everyone he cares about is safe)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm » (For what it's worth, Sai approves of saving the scrolls. his new big thing, even if I haven't had time to show it, is finding out the true history of the world. So... yeah.)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm » (Man, I need to do something with Ti's split personality one of these days...I forget I have that disadvantage)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm » righto, and Fist will go where Peri goes, got to keep an eye on her student, Gentle Breeze will likely go that way too, and Adachi will go after Zoe because he's not interested in going into that city.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm » (She may thump peri, yes.)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm » (So you get Grang instead. Proven to annoy her into anything within seconds)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm » (Thats the one. These scrolls are a huge key to his heritage. He loves zoe like a sister. But he cant risk these being destroyed.)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm » Ok then.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm » (that's what I remember)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm » (If I recall correctly, the exact wording was "Zoe would kill me if she heard I let books get hurt")
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm » No.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:25 pm » I thought Peri was on team Zoe, since he's historically proven the best at communicating with Zoe.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:25 pm » That works
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:25 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » Seems to balance them out, anyways
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » ...I think Grang ended up on Team Zoe, then
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » (Sai and Flim, Team Zoe)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » (Yeah. )
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm » (Ti, Peri, and Hue, Team Scroll)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:23 pm » (Heck if I know, I don't know who's on team scroll >_>)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:23 pm » (...only fighter? What am I, chopped liver? Or did you mean Zoe? )
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:22 pm » I think Grang's on team Scroll... but I'm not sure. I think he's the only fighter on there
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 pm » (What about Grang?)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 pm » SargeOOC: *Is on Team Jan. Specifically, sleeping on top of Jan*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 pm » (Woo, team kibstz!)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 pm » Oh Desus
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:20 pm » (I'm on Team Kibitz. Hee, it is nice to see everyone!)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:20 pm » Desus: *Is on Team Non-Canon*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm » MJ is on Team Rescue Zoe (he's fetching us lemonade)
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm » I'm in team Rescue Zoe, appaerntly
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 pm » Okay, Hue is on Team Scroll by default, since Geneve can't be here tonight, and Ti's Team Scroll.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 pm » (Or we could just sound off now. I know I'm not.)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 pm » heya zo. alright. everyone who's character was part of team rescue zoe please say so now
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 pm » (you guys could re-have the conversation and determine it again...)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 pm » (...Heck if I remember!)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm » (Hi Zo!)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm » Okay, who's part of Team Rescue Zoe?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm » (Wonderful to see everyone!)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm » Hi Z!
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm » Hiya, Z!
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:15 pm » (I'm here!)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:15 pm » Heehee.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm » Grang: Yeah... plus all the alternate geneologies really make it fascinating
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm » Peri: Grammy says Grandpa was dashing, anyhow.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm » Zoe: The geneology was always rather interesting.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:11 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:08 pm » Rassilon: hey, it keeps... kept me in business~
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:08 pm » Peri: Its not THAT bad. I only have five grandparents. Theres some with worse.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 pm » Ti: Dragons. *shakes head* It's like a soap opera.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm » Zoe: Ah.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm » Peri: *jerks a thumb at Rassilon* And his Ma is why him and Gramma were moved out from engagement to wedding pretty fast.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 pm » Grang: *chuckles* It happens pretty often...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:03 pm » Peri: You know.... a... blessing. A found egg. a line-hop.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:03 pm » Zoe: ?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:01 pm » Peri: It happens.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:01 pm » Peri: Well, Dad *was* kind of a ... *cough* Suprise... ah. Family line tie...
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:01 pm » Rassilon: I wonder if any eyed grampappy~ *amused*
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 pm » ,
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm » Grang: So much context.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm » Peri: ... Well, thats what grandpa always said. Then again, he said that about Lunars, too. *thinks* I wonder if I;m missing context about his sories.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm » Zoe: Peri, I am uncertain of the accuracy of that stereotype.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm » Hi Jane :)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm » (Hi!)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm » It's okay, me too
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm » Ti: *snorts*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm » So, MJ, are you Team Rescue Notes, or Team Rescue Zoe? And, I've forgotten who's on which team by now.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 pm » Peri: And they eye comely dragon blooded youth.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 pm » Ok thanks
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 pm » Sounds unpleasant then :)
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 pm » well, in places of the wyld they can do about anything, even more than the exalted in some cases. but in creation they're pretty much limited to swords like everyone else, though they're often extremely skilled at what they do and some carry things from the wyld with them, mostly animals and a few artifacts. they feed on human dreams until the people they feed on are just husks without imagination or thought in their heads.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm » (hi, sarah)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm » Hi Sarah!
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm » .
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm » (Hi!)
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 pm » ok, so we only know that they're creatures of madness? Not anything more specific about what they can actually do?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 pm » in general most of you know raksha are beings of madness from the wyld, almost overran creation before they could be turned back. of the two, you only know what Sai knows, and that there's more than one and at least one of them is a soldier.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 pm » both
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:46 pm » in general or the two holding zoe?
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » excuse me, raksha
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » yep
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » it's probably part of the reason no one's retrieved them yet. that and no one knew exactly where they were until Rassilon came along
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » And it's the Zoe Rescue Brigade tonight?
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm » What do we know so far about Rakshasha?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm » Ahh, for the screaming.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm » Great. ^^
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm » yep.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:43 pm » *there*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:43 pm » Okay, question-the scrolls. Are they in the old city? The part where you eventually run out screaming unless you grew up their?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm » Ahh, right.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm » ok, thanks
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm » no, it's not been detailed what they contain, since no one knows. just that it's about the immaculate faith and from what rassilon had researched, it wasn't something that would help their image any to say the least
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm » And we're trying to beat the Dragonbloods/Immaculates to the scrolls.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm » ok
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:39 pm » I think more about how the Immaculate order was partily formed to keep the populace in line.
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:38 pm » ah yes, I think I remember that, about how the Solars were framed, right?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 pm » the ones about the origin and early years of the immaculate faith
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 pm » ok, what ancient scrolls?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm » .
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm » the solar group's in Denandsor, having snuck past the army, they found the city to be on guard for the seiging army, but there was also a fight in the townhall as a newly awakened solar had been making a bid for power. They managed to talk him out of it and to help with the artifact raiders surrounding the city, and found out zoe had been taken hostage by a pair of raksha. currently they're splitting up, one group to go after the raksha and the other to go after the ancient scrolls
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm » .
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm » we rescued Rassilon
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 pm » Well, what's the last bit you remember, MJ?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 pm » sure, let's see...
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:32 pm » Demo, since I haven't been around for a while, may I have a recap of your exalted game? Hi Luc :)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:31 pm » Glad t' see ya, MJ. :3
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 pm » Yeah, I did kind of take over your computer...maybe. A bit.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 pm » Boxxy: *is essentially a holodeck*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm » Oh, fun!
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm » Claire: Ooooh! Wow! Thanks, Boxxy!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm » Heee~
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm » You mean I could've SHARED it *eyes wyde* lol
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm » Boxxy: ...you have a good home computer. *changes the room to castle-like, costumes for people who don't have them, and Claire gets a solid-light mallet so that he can make it squooshy*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm » Mj finally doesn't have to share a computer with me anymore. ^^
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm » *long time
Mithril Jack « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm » Hello all! Lomg timr no see. :)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm » Xerox: Try this. *routing Boxxy the runtime*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:27 pm » Boxxy: Ooooh. Ok. *thinks he can help with the 'weapon' thing*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm » Chic: So, what's your role?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm » .
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm » Wally: Of course. Some go Nertz, some laugh manically, some pretend to be normal even though they're totally henchmen...
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm » Xerox: *takes out a PDA* Lemme route you some of my personal home computer runtime instead, Boxxy....
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:25 pm » Andrew: Evil Dukes can say whatever they like.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:25 pm » Chic: Oh?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm » Wally: Well, you know, there's alway different types of villainy...
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm » Boxxy: Uncle Primary? Can I use the M network for extra computing? Pleeeeaaase?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm » .
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:23 pm » Chic: Nertz? That doesn't sound very villainous.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm » Andrew: Nertz. *swings to hide behind the chair*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm » (Oh, cool)]\
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm » Boxxy: *turns Andrew's chair into a gothic throne like he has in his classroom*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm » Chic: *points a wand at Andrew* ZAP! ZAP ZAP! Take that, Evil Duke!
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:20 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 pm » Boxxy: *can only do one room at a time, though*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:17 pm » Pffheeheehee.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:17 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm » *referee
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm » Xerox: *has given up and gotten a referr outfit*
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm » Boxxy: Can I play? I did larping research.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm » Sarcastic: ...shaddup and let me enjoy myself
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm » Natalie: ...I thought you didn't like using your that trait of yours for fun.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm » Claire: *found an eggbeater* ...? *having some trouble with hammerspace* ...can I use my wrench?
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm » Sarcastic: *Definately DOESN'T larp, nooooo...but Rhia Valdevez, master thief who no one knows except by her character at the larping sessions, whose appearance always looks EXACTLY the same in every larp, does!*
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm » Claire: *trying to hunt through hammerspace for a foam mallet*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 pm » Chic: *rummaging through the closet* Costumes...let's see....huh, when did I get a cape? *shrugs, keeps digging*
Professor Zobot « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm » (only sorta here for now, but hey. I will be free in about an hour)
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm » Claire: *looking at her mallet* ...where do I get a foam mallet?
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm » Wally: This should be... interesting.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm » Wally
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm » (brb)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm » Jess: *grins* Is it nerd time already? Deal me in.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 pm » Xerox: BOFFER mallets. Made of foam.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 pm » Andrew: ....sure~
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:01 pm » Claire: Can I use my mallet?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:01 pm » Andrew: Prefferably no major injuries. Bleeding or not.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:00 pm » Chic: Okay, okay. But non blood inducing is fine?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 pm » Andrew: ... no, Chic. Blood ruins costimes.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 pm » Chic: What if it just lights up or makes a zaap sound or shoots confetti or ducks or something?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:58 pm » Chic: *blinks* No real weapons?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:58 pm » Andrew: *holds up a boffer dagger* I dont see why not, Claire.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:57 pm » Wally: ...You just have to promise not to use actual wapons... too much anyways.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:57 pm » Claire: Are there catpeople in the larp?
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:56 pm » Andrew: You have to ask~?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:56 pm » Chic: *nudges Andrew* How's your villainous laughter?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:54 pm » Chic: Ooohh, that sounds like fun!
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » Wally would totally larp too
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » I can totally see Andrew larping.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » Claire: *imagining it like a play*
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » He'd be an evil duke.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » Aaaahaha, I could see Andrew larping...
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm » Claire: I don't think I'm very good at acting.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm » Rolf: Is like, a role playing game? But huy pretend to be de character und act out de story mit hyu group.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm » Ohh goodness
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm » Claire: What's a larp?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 pm » You know what would be frightening? Our mads getting into larping. Soo much destruction left in their aftermath.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm » Awwww.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm » brb
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 pm » And I just found out one of my coworkers is a gamer geek. That was fun.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 pm » Oooh, cool!
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:43 pm » My kiddo's running around being all Team Rocket today at an animae con. ^^
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 pm » Of course!
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 pm » Pack your cat ears.^^
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 pm » .
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:41 pm » I'm considering walk/bus...
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 pm » ohhhhh, righto
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 pm » The airport in San Diego.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm » there's a bus that runs from the near where we're staying directly to the airport.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm » I'm nervous. I still have to determine how I'm getting to the airport. XP
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 pm » Heh, I'm jealous.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm » so far it's been aright. only a little of it left, but gencon, so that's good ^.^
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm » It's been relaxing!
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm » Thats fine.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:33 pm » Everybody having a good summer?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:32 pm » It's fine.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 pm » heya claire. ok, finally got in touch with zo and he'll be here in an hour and a half or so. sorry we'll be starting a bit late tonight. I don;t have the scroll group's next bit planned far enough ahead to go for them first or we'd do that to take up the time
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm » Hiya, Claire.
Claire « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm » (hihi)
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:29 pm » Who's in the rescue Zoe brigade?
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:29 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm » *nods* I think so...? I was pretty tired when we decided~
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:26 pm » I think Ti's in the scroll group.
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm » .
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 pm » No worries! We can have him come to rescue the scrolls, which we pobably wont get to tonight~
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:19 pm » It's okay Geneve
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:19 pm » Sorry you can't make it, Geneve.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm » Have fun.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm » I am sorry.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm » I will not be playing tonight.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm » Gotcha.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 pm » heya wally, luc. we're waiting on zo right now, and not sure how long he'll be.
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 pm » (I'll be lurking about while I work on something~)
Professor_Tinker « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 pm » (heyhey~)
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 pm » *has a nize hat*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm » *gives you a hat*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm » Hidy.
Wallycaine « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm » *pokes head in*
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 pm » Hi, Geneve.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:07 pm » that's ok. it happens
Dr. Geneve Beard « Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:06 pm » Sorry again. Luc had a backup sheet, but it's from before the three years in the city.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm » ^.^
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:49 pm » That was it. Rebookmarked.
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm » http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/Ex ... sheet.html
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm » sure
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm » righto ^.^
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm » Demo? I lost a lot of bookmarks when I changed computers. Do you have the Exalted cheat sheet link?
chicgeek « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 pm » Heh, I've had my dinner, time to dig out my exalted stuff.^^
Demothesis « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 pm » *setting up dm screen*
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 am » Well... we can figure it out tomorrow. G'night!
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 am » Oh. You are there
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 am » [/noonethere] .... [shrug] G'night, Sarah.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 am » Gah I completely foprgot.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 am » How's the game tomorrow going to work?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 am » See you tomorrow— oh, wait!
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 am » Yep, that was fun.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 am » Night, Jane!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 am » Anyway, guess I've got to say g'night.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 am » Yeah.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am » True. Otherwise people go "who?" and "huh, that's cool, I guess" and close the tab.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:36 am » Ooh yes. You have to have the popularity to pull it off, though.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:34 am » Kickstarter is a great idea
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:33 am » I love it.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:32 am » Yep
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:27 am » Ah. So now it's more of a case of "Shut up and take my money" at work. :)
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 am » They had enough at $10000!!
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:25 am » And that'll be enough to get started?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 am » My guess is they'll make 3.
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 am » 6.
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 am » How many such goals does it have?
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:22 am » (BTW, the Silver Tree thing has only $326 to go for the second stretch goal)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:22 am » Hee. Of course it cannot win. You cannot out-cute Cleese. He is simply the best there is.'
Jane Narbon « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 am » Maybe :)
Sarah McLaren « Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:20 am » :D Competing with the Cleese in the cuteness stakes?

_________________
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk" -Tuco, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums