Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Maidenterviews: Mikan's turn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Zobot: Ok. Mikan wakes up surrounded by darkness. In front of her stand five Maidens, each of them Resplendent in their own way. The Yellow Maiden smiles at him. "Welcome to the void of your dreams! This is the starting point for a great journey!"
Kemmetmau: (It's a her. ^^; )
Zobot: (Gah! Curse you, copy and paste!*
Kemmetmau: (Hehe. It's fine.)
Mikan: *blink blink* Uh... hello. *admires resplendence* Wow, that's beautiful.
Zobot: The Blue Maiden blushes. "Heehee! Thank you, Miss!"
Kemmetmau: Mikan: What's this about a journey then? *smiles expectantly, deciding it's not worth freaking out over till somebody starts glowing in earnest or draws a weapon*
Zobot: The Yellow maiden smiles. "You're about to become part of something much greater. Something with many possible outcomes. You are special, and drawn to other Special people, and we would like to know more of you."
Kemmetmau: Mikan: ...Okay... *slightly doubtful*
Mikan: What is it you want to know?
Zobot: The Red Maiden: "We just have a few questions... One moment."
Each of the maidens draw near each other, and Mikan sees them each draw a CARD.
Kemmetmau: Mikan: *keeps eyes on the cards in case they turn out to be deadly throwing cards or something*
Zobot: The Yellow maiden approaches Mikan, holding her CARD>
THE STRENGTH.
"You chose at a young age to fight. What led you to choose the path of the warrior?"
Kemmetmau: ((aaaaa I don't know enough about her backstory to give good answers for any of these questions sorry!))
Zobot: (It's ok. We can do this later if you want)
Kemmetmau: ((I'm not going to hold everyone up.))
Mikan: *shrug* I played to my strengths, I guess. Most people do, I think.
Zobot: (It really wouldn't hold anyone up. I'd give you your CARDS and we'd fill in the blanks later)
Kemmetmau: (No, it's okay really. Maybe just... if I had the option to revise later, that would be good.)
Zobot: (Sure! No pressure)
Kemmetmau: (...Is that good enough?)
Zobot: My apologies. My computer crashed.
And yes, it's good enough
Kemmetmau: (Meeps)
Zobot: The Yellow Maiden nods. "I like that. Alright!"
She taps her card against Mikan's forehead and turns to walk off. The Blue maiden approaches, holding a CARD
THE FOOL
The Blue Maiden grins. "This is my favorite card! Ok. If you had to choose another thing to do with your life, what would it be?"
Kemmetmau: Mikan takes a while to consider the answer. "Not sure," she says at last. "Not that I haven't thought about doing something else. There aren't too many other things that fit me, though. Out of place, high or low."
Zobot: The Blue Maiden nods as she takes a turn and saunters off. The Red Maiden approaches, holding a card.
Kemmetmau: Mikan is confused, but going along with things.
Zobot: THE EMPRESS
The Red Maiden looks at Mikan, carefully. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"
Kemmetmau: Mikan: A few. ...Is that the whole question?
Zobot: The Red Maiden nods. "It is."
The Red Maiden turns and walks off.
The Green Maiden approaches, holding a CARD
THE STAR
She asks her question. "Can you tell me what you hope to find in your future?"
Just so you know, there are no wrong answers.
And I like what I'm seeing
Kemmetmau: Mikan grins. "Good fight, better pay, a couple drinks, and a shade of eyeshadow that looks good against blood and bruises. Lipstick to match. Maybe some decorated armor that isn't just for show."
Zobot: The Green maiden stops and thinks about this. "I... I think that's honestly the best answer I've heard anyone say in response to that card."
Kemmetmau: Mikan's grin widens. "Thanks for the compliment."
Zobot: The Green Maiden taps her card and turns as the final Maiden approaches Mikan, holding her CARD
JUSTICE
She thinks for a moment.
"What do you feel is the greatest wrong of the Age you live in?"
Kemmetmau: Mikan scoffs. "You want me to pick just one?"
Zobot: She nods.
Kemmetmau: Mikan thinks carefully, scowling a bit. "...Alright then. The greatest wrong of this Age is that there's too many folks trying to pretend there's nothing wrong with this Age. How's that?" She looks dissatisfied with her own answer.
Zobot: The Purple Maiden stops. She thinks.'
And then she starts laughing.
It's at once both very terrifying and very... vivacious.
"You, little one, I like."
Kemmetmau: It takes a moment for Mikan to recognize the unusual sensation she is experiencing, which turns out to be intimidation.
But she takes the compliment to heart anyway.
Zobot: The Maidens start to circle Mikan. "Your way is clear.
"Your destiny set".
"The Future you will make is uncertain yet."
"But now to rise"
"A life capsized..."
"As you wake upon the suns' shining beach."
And then, Mikan wakes up.
Kemmetmau: (Dramatic!)
Zobot: Mikan wakes up, holding six CARDS

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun