Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Exalted log 4-20
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » I had loads!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » It's ok, Wally. Life happens, and we started with the other half anyway.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Slays:*this istuation is not ideal*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Yes
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » yep ^.^
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Yeah, definitely. Sorry for being late.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » kk
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am » Did people have fun?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am » I'm sort of worn out, I have prep work to do for next time, and it's late for everyone
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am » And with this, with Oddmund in mortal peril, Zixin confused and concerned, Slays racing to his aid, and Misa, Mikan, and Rain reading to go meet someone new, we're going to stop for the evening
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » Misa: Does he now? Huh... guess I should talk to him more...
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am » Mikan: Oh, like Odd's folks! I'm sure he'd like a chance to talk to you. Misses the theater, you know?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am » Tali: That makes sense. She stands up, wobbling a bit, still a bit woozy. "Ah... dizzy." She looks at Mikan. "Yes... my family are entertainers."
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am » Mikan: You wear costumes a lot?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Misa: Trust me, I'd rather do some extra work, and find out it's not necessary, than have it turn out to be a problem when I could have fixed it
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Tali: This is better than some of the costumes I've worn before. You have quite a talent.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Mikan: We do a good job, huh? *proud*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am » Misa: That's kinda the point, after all.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » Tali: This seems... very elaborte. I don't even recognise myself in my reflection in the water!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » MikanOOC: Her eyes change color too often as it is. I wanna SEE when they go all green-y and creepy.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am » The average onlooker, or even the discerning scrutinizer, wouldn't see anything more than another guard. Wearing baggy clothing and having fallen in the mud a few times.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am » It'd be better if you could change her eye color, but that would take some sort of tiny lenses... perhaps the sort that would be flexible, and have ot be kept in fluid to stay moist. But that's just the glubbing of insanity.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 am » Alright. Between Misa and Mikan, you manage to make over Tali to look nearly entirely different from who she is. With flat, straw hair, a spare guard's uniform that is baggy and puffed out, and even makeup to make her face look darkened and muddy, you manage to nearly entirely conceal every trait about her save her eye color.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 am » 7,4,10,5,7, 4,1,3 (4 successes)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » ,
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » (Yeah, I think that's what we figured out)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » (I think)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 am » No wait. It has to be water because it's a two dot specialty.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am » (It'd be craft Water.... I mean, taht's what most chemical-stuff is)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am » (Dangit, I have three dots in Craft Water and one in Craft Air and I can't remember which is relevant. I think Air?)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 am » (Darn tupos)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *would also have been less than pleased if renamed Amy*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *would have been very sad if unable to use specialty*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » *typo dangit!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » Yaaaaaaaaaay!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » I didn't just try to rename you amy. That was just a typ
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am » You may
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » You amy
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » Yes.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » I have a specialty in Craft: Makeup Artistry. Can I substitute Craft for Larceny?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » Misa already made one, so between the two of you we'll determine how successful this is
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 am » Alright. Mikan, you need to make a Larceny + Wits check plus any relevant specialties to contribute to disguising Tali
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am » Misa: Good, that makes things easier.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am » Rain: *watches, with interest*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:13 am » Tali: *As people disguise her* Not that I know of...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:13 am » (Back. Sorry)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 am » ((*have))
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 am » Mikan: You hve any allergies you know of, miss?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Mikan: *pshnerk* Bold claims is right.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » (kay)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Dog wants out
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » Misa: Between the Sun and Moon? Huh... that's an interesting claim.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am » brb
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » Tali: *Nervous gasp* A-ah... Well, anyways... Master Sprout used to tell us stories about the great Sun Kings he claimed he met, and making bold claims. He was always a bit over the top, really. But talented in fighting. Able to fight even without hurting his foes. He even claimed once to have dueled a Sun King who stood between the Sun and Moon!
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » Misa: *chuckles* Yeah, just Tali. I mean, that girl we saw with the attackers... she definitely claimed to be guild. So if the Guild is involved, and just had someone at the door... I don't want them seeing Tali outside.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 am » (nifty^^)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am » ((Mikan has an actual specialty in Craft: Makeup Artistry I am genuinely excited about this))
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am » Rain: *grins* Just Tali? I'm not easy to disguise.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » Misa: Yes Tali, disguises. I'm pretty decent at them, though having a proper makeup kit helps. Used to be, I mostly worked in boils for the beggers... obviously I'm moving up in the world
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am » Mikan: *makeup kit!*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 am » Misa: Sure thing Mikan. Here... put some here... and there.... open your mouth...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am » Tali: D-disguises?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am » Mikan: ...Is it time for disguises? Because I could help with that~
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am » Misa: Naw, I get the feeling this group doesn't like to be thwarted. So, we'll take her with us... just give me ten minutes.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Tali: I... I guess.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Rain: Well, hang tight here for a little? Or just one of us go to see the Sprout?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am » Tali: *Nods* Yes. I think Master Sprout is the only person in the city who can stand up to Mal and my friends without having to hurt anyone.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » Misa: That's not a terrible idea... At the same time, given Sleazy just left, I feel like we probably shouldn't bring Tali out into the open...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am » Tali: *Sitting up and shaking her head* Thank you.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am » Misa: *shrugs* It's possible. Odd may have not known what he was getting into, or just thought it was the best thing to do. Regardless, if Odd wants to tell him things, Odd can tell him things. I'm not being the go between.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am » Rain: No way to know until we talk to Odd. *shrugs* Soo...Tali, you want to see your martial artist friend?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:56 am » Mikan: You think he really made some deal with Odd? *pulls covers back on Tali after door closes*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » So now the four of you are alone.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am » Misa: *pulls back into the guardhouse* ...Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not telling anything to him ever again.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am » He walks out of sight, heading towards the direction of the setting sun.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am » Misa: *waves* Seya.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » And he starts to wander off
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 am » Guild Agent: Suuure. Alright. I guess I'll just come back later when your superior is around. See y'later, Merc.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 am » Misa: *isn't terribly good at lying* (No sucesses)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 am » Make a Performance + Manipulation check for that, Misa. It's a bit of a lie.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 am » Misa: *shrugs* Honestly, between stopping a disturbance on the docks that I'm sure you know nothing about, and dealing with our normal guard buisness... we haven't had a ton of time
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:42 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:40 am » Guild Agent: Well, yer boss promised you'd all help us find out more about what the Corpsetaker was looking for. Before he died. I'd like to ask if you could share what you know.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am » Misa: *raises an eyebrow* ...And why should you be allowed into a secure guardhouse, especially since you've already completed your buisness? I hope you're not expecting tea and crumpets.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 am » Guild Agent:Hey, no need to be so unneighborly. We're in this together. Ain't I allowed t'come in?
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:36 am » Misa: *still pointedly standing in the doorway*
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:35 am » Misa: Well, thanks for your help. I'll be sure to let them know.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 am » Mikanooc: You don't like cookies?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Taliooc: It smells like cookies for some reason! ><
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Mikan and Rain are making noise to keep Tali from being noticed, and Tali is underneath some covers on a guard's bed.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » Just a recap, Misa has been talking with an envoy of the Guild collection of concerned merchants at the front door, who has just told her that there's a third suspect. the Abyssal diplomatic envoy from Thorns at the diplomatic conference, who brought an oni mask WITH them. He's trying to be let in.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:33 am » So, just to review our position... there was the guy from the guilds at the front door? Or was he about to wander off?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 am » *snk*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » *vwooop*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » And no, this is certainly not a stalling tactic since I didn't have time to prepare pogs for this creature. How silly of you to even ask!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » Well, gives me time to find the fate cards.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » Hah.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am » You are now Misa, Rain, and Mikan. In the Guardhouse, with the girl Tali in tow.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » The creature attacks- And then suddenly you stop being the Theatre Group, because you are too busy being the other group, slightly in the past.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » .
Jane Narbon « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » Hi!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » *searching through files for my fate cards...*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am » Damn, no.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:29 am » Usually you only can if the charm states you can
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » Let me see...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » You're considered unaware since you didn't get a high enough perception. Can you still do that?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am » Oddmund uses Spirit Shift!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 am » As one of the singers on stage chimes "An' she shot Fraya's ear off, jess ta' prove 'o was tha' best! Slays begins climbing up towards the catwalks. It is then that Oddmund smells something. Right behind him. A scent of burnt metal and spilled blood. As a creature, all greenish tinted iron with muscles grafted to it, eyes with a deep violent glow, materializes behind him. It raises a claw and lunges forward...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 am » Zixin: ...yes, Slays. *scared. gonna keep working.*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 am » Oddmunds ears are beginning to twitch from the pain, and he quietly draws his sword, leaning n the 'sheath' to try and stay upright as he walks further to the stage.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:25 am » Slays: *grimaces and shakes his head, setting his jaw in determination* Stay here Zixin. *dashes over to the ladder to the catwalks and climbs them rapidly and silently*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:25 am » *amused by Luna prayers*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » Ok. Oddmund, you don't see anything, or hear anything. The sound seems to be echoing up in the catwalks, coming from every directoin.
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am » Pfff.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Gosh ding dang gosh heck feck hazza! 6,7,6,2,5, 5,3 (1 success)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Luna considers people pulling pranks on other people to be a form of worship. Everything about Luna is weird
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » LunaOOC: My favorite~
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Woo!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » Luna prayers are wierd.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am » ...he's also going to say a quick one to Luna, which sort of translates to 'If its funny, make him trip'.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 am » Alright. Make a Perception + Awareness check. You can add one dot due to your supernatural sense.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » While still praying the holy mantra to Sol.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » Oddmund is going to *as quietly as possible* walk back and forth on the catwalk, and try to see if he can sense where it is.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » Ok. How is Oddmund going to go about trying to find what's up here?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » Oddmund is going to whisper a fervent and *complex* Ancient Prayer to The Unconqured Sun to find victory and for his Suns light to shine on this monster.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 am » Eeee...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 am » It is said to be a twisted creature of greenish iron forged by greater servants of the dark forces of Malfeas, lured to places where great tragedy have occured. Anyone of the Monks of the Wyld Hunt who have faced one and lived have told traveling storytellers and such of the strange noises these creatures make when they move, and how they can whisper dark thoughts into the minds of the bloodthirsty
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 am » Zixin: *has shakey hands as he's working, now*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 am » Traveling actors and storytellers tell tales of horrible battles where both sides continue the slaughter long after memory of the purpose behind their conflict is forgotten. In the face of such senseless slaughter, a particular sort of malfean-entity known as a Nephilim may be able to find its way into Creation, drawn by the din of the fighting.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 am » Slays: *is edging slightly towards the back of the backstage, hesitatingly*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » The noise itself Oddmund has never heard of, but he knows of it.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » Zixin: *nervoouuus*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 am » Oddmund is in pain from the sound, but he's still going to grit his teeth and try to pin-point *as close as possible* the sounds source.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » 5,10,8,6 (3 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » I do!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 am » Yessir, lesee....
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 am » Zixin: ...meep.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 am » Slays:*grimacing* Something very dangerous in here with us....
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » (meep)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » Zixin: ...Slays? *fix fix*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:11 am » Odd, the sound is almost cacophanous here. If you have Occult, please make an int + occult check. If you don't have it, there's no roll necessary. Now that you're up here, with the noise around you but no noticable source, what do you do?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » Odd, you nimbly bounce up into the catwalks, surrounded by darkness. They sway back and forth lightly as you land, hearing the performers singing about Fraya Ferras, the woman who grew up the best little markswoman the south had ever seen. As the chorus continues to go into how Fraya Ferras started working as a lawwoman for a settlement in the south, and then got into an archery duel with Kitha Kill'em, a roguish lass who was also skilled with a bow, you see, down below, Slays grimmacing and clutching his head.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » Slays:*holding the side of his head and wincing suddenly*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am » .
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 am » Oddmund grabs hold od hsi staf, and wordlesly activates it, holding carefully to it as it grows, launching him straight up, attempting to land with care on h catwalk, retracting the staff as he hits the middle of his leap.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am » 6,10,2,10,6, 1,1,1 (4 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 am » Woo!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:04 am » Hah! Ok, yeah, that's a good point. I'll allow you to make a stealth + dexterity check with a 1 die stunt bonus to do it unobserved
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am » Actualy, it wouldnt. You just said that the play has started, right? So the house lights are out, but the stage lights are on brightly, and all audience attention is fixated on the stage. Oddmunds staff makes no noise on its own, and Oddmund is pretty graceful- the worst he can do is thunk when he hits the catwalk. He's in the audience, but to the side, in the aisles. With all that in mind, I don't see why he couldnt do it quietly.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am » Fujio: Ah, r-right.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am » That would make a bit of a scene, is Oddmund going to do it with that in mind?
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » Oddmund is going to grasp the Princess' shoulder, *firmly*, and sort of push her back aainst the wall. "Y'all stay *here* unless I call, yes? YOU need to watch after the *crowd*. Thems yer people. Time tuh prove yer *their* gal." he gently kisses her forhead, gives her a stiff but sincere smile, and grabs his cane. He's going to activate it's ability to stretch to launch himself into the catwalk as gracefully as he can try to.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 am » Fujio: Um... Sarge? You aren't doing that because the performance is cheesy, are you?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » Zixin: *FIXING things!*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » There soon forms a line
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am » That being said, once Zixin fixes that prop, other backstage workers soon find other things for him to fix
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Sorr Z, I didnt see the extra descriptions, the page had moved up.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Zixin: *continuing to poke at props*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Sorry 'bout that.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » You notice nothing as you help back stage.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 am » Ah. Ok, sorry. I didn't realize
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » I have -3 dice.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Sorry.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Um, I can't.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am » Kate, did you make your roll?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 am » I mentioned it sounds like it's coming from above, up in the general direction of the catwalks
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:56 am » Can he tell what direction its coming from?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » It's difficult to pick out over the din of all the people around you, but it's there. And since it's so unusual, it's easy to listen for it once you know it's there.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am » Except that it doesn't sound like clawing or scraping. Those are just words used conventiently to describe what it would sound like if a mortal coudl hear it
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » (XD)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » It's a bit hard to put specifically into words what you hear. It's not on a frequency most mortals, unlike yourself, can distinguish. There's a sort of... *clawing* sound. An odd metallic scraping noise from up in the darkened catwalks above the stage.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » He put his arm around the princess from the front, pressing her back into the wall, and strains to identify the noise, and where its coming from.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am » Oddmunds esrs both go up- *straight* up in the air, making him look like a pissed off donkey with ginger hair.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:51 am » Alright. Oddmund? As you are here, you... hear something. Something odd. Something supernatural.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » 3 sucsesses.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » Just did. *points down*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 am » Alright. So make your check, Oddmund! Also, Zixin, make an investigate + wits check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 am » (heya)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:46 am » (Hi Wally!)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » (Hey all)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » (Hey Wally!)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am » 4,2,3,10,1, 9 (3 successes)
Wallycaine « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » *pokes head in, apologizes for lateness*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » Oddmund 'wavers' for a second, and it could be said he stops 'glittering', and instead sort of... 'gleams' instead, Notably, his shoulders, tail, and ears drop into slouches. To anyone who knows him, lik the Princess, it just means hes 'concentrating'.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 am » Zixin: *wants to look at the other props*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » oooo.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » Righto.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » Alright. Yes, you can certainly do that
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » just keeping an eye out for out of the ordinary, the usual for slays
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am » It spends two motes, and switches Oddmunds Intelligence and Charisma stats, and lasts either one hour in game, or or comitts one mote to last longer, one mote to end it earlier.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » What does that do again? I recall you suggesting it
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » Ah, may I do something first? I meant to have Oddmund utilize his special charm, Queens View to Backstage
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 am » Soon as the performance starts, Zixin and Slays find themselves backstage with little to do. Are you guys doing anything here?
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 am » Ooh!
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Oddmund! Please make a perception + awareness check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Aka: The Pallywides. No one knows why they're called that.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » If theres no chore that looks like it can easily be fixed, Oddmund is going to find a empty place to stand in the audience, in one of the aiseles to the far right or left.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Meanwhile, Fujio and Oddmund are led to watch from "th' pallywides". As they see a man holding a banjo on stage as the lights dim. "The ballad of Fraya Farras..."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 am » Zixin: *projeeeect*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:37 am » Despite that, it's not that hard to fix. There's a part that's bent too far out of shape, and needs to be replaced. However, Zixin is able to improvise.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » Zixin: *distracted by nerves*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » 2 successes for craft(wood) + dex
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am » (I'd say wood is easier than magitech)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » (Hmm, i bet a prop wuld fire a little firework, but in a gun casing.)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » (wood versus magitech? does it matter?)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 am » (Fletching specialty wouldn't apply here)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 am » (any preference between wood and magitech? and I'm asking 'cause I do have a fletching speciality but I don't know if it applies or not)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 am » (They're a bit more complicated than bows. I'd say it'd be a craft Wood or a Craft Magitech roll, plus dexterity. Since ti's only a prop.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 am » Oddmund gives her a loving, gentle cuff around the ear. "More like yer chaperone, girrly. Y' aint mah type~"
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 am » (also what's the roll to fix the flamewand, and do flamewands fall under 'fletching' because the rulebook sort of counts them like bows but that might just be for the purpose of combat rules)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 am » Fujio: *Grins* So are you my date tonight, uh, "Sarge"?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » Oddmund tips his hat, and grabs the princess' arm. "I kin help with quick-changin costumes, but if theres not much else to do, we'l go and watch from th' pallywides."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » (...I'm not sure.)
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » (4 successes on a perception +awareness)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 am » ((...Zix does know it's just supposed to be a prop, right?))
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » Slays: *Works to get the props on stage as he was asked, keeping a look out for anything out of the ordinary*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » Zixin: *DISTRACTION* *close examining*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 am » "The play's a bit'a an old mellydrama, fer some'a the foreigners in the city lately." She grins as she points out some of the actors, and then quickly assigns Slays a job of pushing out set props onto stage while the curtains are closed. To Zixin she asks him to help fix a fake Flamewand that has broken and won't function properly on stage
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:26 am » Oddmund: *doesnt seem to notice the staring, or possibly is riding high on it*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Zixin: *meep*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » There's a lot of staring, and a few actors whisper amongst themselves. There may be a bit of giggling and a few smirks.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Slays: ... ah. *slightly embarassed apologetic look*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Oddmund gives people bright smiles and little waves, effortlessly stepping around people, neatly.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am » Alright. As you guys are led in by the young lady, she closes the door behind you and leads you into the brightly colored theater dressing room. Then, after a few moments of thought, she slides a chair in front of the door's path of opening. She leads you past several other actors, some in traditional Delzahn garb, and others dressed like lavish merchants.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 am » Oddmund gently elbows Slays. "You sure ferget yer handsome a lot, fellah."
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » (Ouch...)
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » Slays: *looks confused at Odd*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am » (Dang it, the window closed and I lost my post and the chat session)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 am » Oddmund grins, and pats Ziixin. "I reckin it'd be good for im. Slays here could probably haul sumthin heavy, but he might distract th' chorus gals an boys. Thanks so much fer yer help, ma'am!'
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 am » Zixin: Y-yes'm.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 am » The young lady giggles a bit. " Aww... ain't he a quiet little sweetie! 'ello Zix! Ah don' think we could say no t'another set of hands backstage. Come on, Ah'll see if we could give ya somethin' t'do!""
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 am » Oddmund pats Zixins head. "Theres a fellah."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 am » Zixin: *squeak* H-hi? I'm s-sorry I didn't knock!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 am » Oddmund hums, and crosses his arms. "Weyull, thats verreh good of yah. Gossipins a terrible sin~" he winks at her a little. "Weyull, Ah wouldnt mind iffin we could stand at the back of the theater. Wouldnt dream ah takin no seats. Kin say were here tuh keep the enthralled crowd frum riotin. Y'all sure ya dont need a spare stagehand?" he slaps Zixin on the back, dragging him out. "Zixin heres deft as anyone. Say 'Hello' to th' nice lady, Zix."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am » She frowns. " Aw, I ain't really comfertable swappin' stuff behind other's backs! Now, if yah wanna talk to Roke, ah could let you watch the show an' you could ask him after...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am » Oddmund nods firmly. "Aye, but just cause its happened before aint no reason not t' worry. How come she aint been given the boot fer vanishin? Skilled gal?"
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am » She tilts her head. "Ah, no need fer concern! Tha lil' miss is always ah bit moody. Ah think she's just got butterflies in her stomach. This ain't thah first time she's flown tha coop.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:11 am » Oddmund frowns. "Lookin' fer an actress? Someones missin'?" he asks, with concern.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 am » She shakes her head. "Now ah'd love t', but Roke's on stage raiht now, gettin' ready tah set tha stage fer the crowd. We're ah bit behind t'night... a lotta the stagehands ah' out lookin' for one of our actresses!"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 am » Oddmund makes a note of the location. "Beeyutiful! Mikan'll like that. Diya think y'all could be so kind as tuh let us through, or ask Roke tuh come back in' talk to us? Its terribl' important, but ah dont want tuh waste yer time, miss....?"
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 am » She tilts her head. " Shucks, Ah'd be happy t'tell ya! There's this nahce place down'a street run by ah rahel sweetie of an alchemist. He made it all up jess fer me!" She folds her arms. " Props? Thah'd be Roke. 'es thah stage managah.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 am » Zixin: *hidiiiiing*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 am » Oddmund gestures to the others. "Mah menfolk hurr dont know the theater, ma'am, but if I know Zixin he'll never' open a door without knockin' fer th' rest uh his life. Delicate flower, I'll loan ya'll him tuh fix yet stage lights sometime."
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am » Zixin: *staying behind Slays*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am » Slays: *reemerges around the corner*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » (Er, sorry. Repost that)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » She tilts her head. "
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am » Oddmund beams, and bows a little- gesting for the others to come back around the corner if they want to. "Weyll once you're *not* buisy gettin' ready for th' ol' evenin' daily grind, I'll have to ask where ya found it. Pity they putcha in the Alley Room, that ain't no place tuh stick a star!" He winks at her, and then looks a little more serious. "Ah dont mean tuh take yer time, we just need tuh speak with whoevers in charguh the props, an' the crowds too thick tuh get through."
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 am » .
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 am » She folds her arms. " Y'all had business with us? This ain't foolin? We have a show in a few, so ah'm a mite busy."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am » The young lady, who has several ribbons tied in her hair, smiles. "Why yes! Ah'm surprised ya noticed!" She grins a bit. " Now, ah ain't mad. Iff'n I had jade fer every time tha's happened, ah'd have a load'a scrip!"
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:58 am » Oddmund looks back, and replaces his helmet, doffing it. "Ayus ma'am, I am being so *verreh* sorry about that. Is that eyeshadow ypu're wearin 'Sunset of the Virtuous Garden #24', by any chance? Ah have a friend whos been lookin' for it'." he gives her a bright smile.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » After a feew moments, the door is re-opened. A young brown-haired lady with blue eyes and an outfit that looks to be made of tanned and stretched leathers, opens the door from the inside. " 'Ello? Mister Police Sah? Are yah still here?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Oddmund is going to wait in the alleyway, shoulders squared, and eyes turned towards the sky, muttering a prayer and circling over his chest with one hand.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Zixin: *hiding sounds like a good idea*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 am » Slays: ... *nods and escorts Zixin and Fujio around the corner*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » (pfff)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » "Accause this is going as is said, durian shaped."
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 am » Zixin: *never opening a door again*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » He then sliiiides the door closed, and turns back to everyone. "...Y'all might want to duck around a corner till this is situ'ated."
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » Oddmund will put his helmet over his face, lean back into the door, and hold out his badge. "Pologies, ma'am. Gonna close th' door now, but let someone know th' police need tuh talk tuh someone."
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:55 am » There's a loud screech. "EEEEEEEEEEEK!"
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Zixin: I'msorry!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » "ZIXIN WE KNOCK IN THE THEATER!" Oddmund shouts, voice re-verbing.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Slays: Apologies.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 am » Zixin: *squeak!* Sorry!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Oddmund makes a "*whoop*" sound, and he suddenlyt ackes everyone else back into the alley.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Her eyes widen as she looks at the group. There's an intake of breath.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » Behind the doorway is a small, lived-in dressing room with costume parts scattered over every available surface. There's many candles lit in here, giving a bright light in the room. There is also, however, a young brown-haired lady in a state of partial undress, donning her costume's top as the group opens the door right in front of her, without the typical tradition of this particular troop to knock three times before using the Actor's Entrence.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 am » *cigarette butts
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 am » Odd: Normaly yuh can tell em by ashes in the alley, and butts.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Zixin: ...ooooh.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Ooh.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Oddmund: *to Zixin* It's a Acters Entrence, sos the crowd wont try tuh sneak in, but actors can get in, and pop out fer a smoke.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » Opening the door takes a bit of effort. It seemingly hasn't been opened in a while, or perhaps it's just designed to be hard to open. As it starts to turn with a loud creak of poorly maintained joints, the group is treated to a surprising sight
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am » Zixin: ...? *has no idea what the doorway was FOR, was just looking around*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am » Oddmund: That wus plan C.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:49 am » Slays: I would have suggested the window. *might be joking a bit, might not be*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Hu! Very nice. Oddmund nods firmly. "Good. Mah backup plan was tuh knock real loud and pretend to be a chorus girl late for the show.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Fujio: That's pretty clever!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » Zixin: *faaaancy* *tries the doorknob*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am » A performer who knew what to look for would be able to see it with some searching, but it's not immediately obvious
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 am » @Zixin: With Oddmund's insight, you do discover there actually IS a door hidden in the alleyway. It's deliberately obscured for some reason, possibly to discourage people from sneaking in to watch the performance from behind. There's a small wooden slipcover that can be pushed up to reveal a hidden indentation with a doorknob on it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » Oddmund: *Overcome by nostalgia.)
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » Zixin: *being distracted by wood carvings*
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am » (6 successes)
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » 2,9,3,1,4, 7 (2 successes)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » Because it's creative, and I like encouraging that
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » It's a streeeeech, but I'll allow it.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 am » Can I add the Preform?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am » I will allow you to aid Zixin, Oddmund. Make your roll as well and it'll impact Zixin's. Zixin: Yes, it would be craft wood and perception
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am » Craft(Wood) would be for woodworking, which this would work.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Oddmund will run a Search, and can I add, say, half of my Preform skill to indicate being familliar with theaters?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Craft wood? Huh, not complaining. Is it perception and craft(wood)?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Well... now that you're in the alleyway... IT woudl be a craft (Wood) or a harder craft (Earth), Zixin
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:43 am » Oooh, clever!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Can I make a craft(earth) check for hidden doors?
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Slays: *nods* that's why I ask.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Oddmund is searching around for any hint of an entrance.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Is there absolutely no back door? Because if a theater member came late, they'd be screwed...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:42 am » Oddmund: Aw, Ah figger I'd like alluyuh to come wit' me, but I can't see no door...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Alright. It's a second floor window, so are you going to try and crawl up to it?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Zixin: *following?* *is somewhat confused* *ooooh theater architecture*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am » Slays: *follows* Want me with you or watching the window?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 am » Hes going to sing vauge snippits of refrains from 'Journey to the West' as he trots.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 am » Okay, Oddmund gestures for everyone to follow him, and walks around to the *other* theater, tipping his helmet at passer byes. hes going to walk into their alleyway, and use the *back* alley to get to the back of the theater they need to go into.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » ,
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Slays:*sees where Odd is looking and nods thoughtfully*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Beautiful!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am » Yes! There is one second floor window above the alleyway, from what you can see.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am » Okay so. Are there any first or second floor windows on the alleyway visible, where say an actor might covertly be taking a smoke brea.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am » I figured.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » @Zixin: No, not that you can see.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » (1 success)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » But they aren't connected physically, the two buildings are not
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am » @Oddmund: There is another building next to it, what looks to be a winery. There's an alleyway between the two, yes.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 am » @Zixin: Make a perception + Awareness check
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » Oh wait! Is there another building by it with an alleyway, and does it look like they're connected around the back.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » Zixin: *looks around for a back entrance? that's not swarmed with people?*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » .
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am » How far does the crowd seem to be into the alleyway?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » The roof? The building is 3 stories tall.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Yes. And it's currently swarmed by people.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » How high up is the roof?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Is there an alleyway around the theater?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am » Hm... thats the theater we need to get to, right?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 am » So what are you guys going to do?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 am » Zixin: *fiddles with an earring he had in his pocket as he looks around*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » Alright. Slays? You don't see anything out of the ordinary, but it's hard to be sure with people coming and going.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » The show in question is billed as "Fraya Farris, Southern Surgeon"
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am » 2 successes
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Meanwhile, there is also a problem... there's quite a large crowd in front of the theater, presently barring entry
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Oddmund: *tail flitting behind him as he finishes singing* H'wyo! Looks lahk someones got a guudin.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » kk
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » Slays, if you are on the alert, you should make a perception + awareness check.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am » There is, however, a long line in front of the theater, with people waiting for tickets.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am » There's a strong breeze in the air, an unexpected surge of wind picking up after the relative lull of the earlier week. The four of you navigate the crowds heading towards a building known as the Castella Theater, where the particular troupe you're looking for is performing. The troupe's name is billed as The Storm's Break Singers, which is a fairly dull and unoriginal name. Their theater building is older and not quite as shiny as some of the other ones you've seen here.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am » .
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 am » Zixin: *admiring the paint jobs on things*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 am » He may, in fact, skip faintly, which is quite a sight on his stilts.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am » Slays:*on the lookout, more people means more hiding places*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am » Oddmund noticably perks up as they approach the area, seeming a little more... at home then usual.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 am » This district, nearby the docks, is a lot smaller and home to entertainers of all sorts. At this time of day there's a lot of activity here as the various theater troupes entertain people within the city.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 am » .
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 am » It is getting later, the sun is starting to set as the four of them enter the theater district. Fujio behind Odd, and Zixin behind Slays.
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 am » Oddmund: *singing to himself as they walk to the theater https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 2109,d.eWU *
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » Zixin: *FOLLOWING SLAYS because things have been scary*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » Fujio, the young princess that I'm not sure if Zixin knows is a princess, is accompanying them
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am » (Oh yeah, I remember now, Luc!)
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 am » SERIOUSLY, though. Oddmund, Zixin, and Slays were going to go investigate the Theater district and the troupe that bought one of the masks that may have been associated with the killing
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am » Desus: Mmmph!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am » Dawn gave Desus a taste of peanut butter, which ended up temporarily sealing his mouth shut
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » Alright. Previously, on Exalted...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » Ahaa, Z posted it up. Its not important. ^^
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » It's a separate chat in the chatlogs. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=646 is a good link
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am » if it was in aim I think I missed it
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » I don't remember...
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » Out of game, in AIM... I guess 'last time', more or less.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am » One moment as I get ready.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » is it the one that occured the last time?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » It's a fun chat.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am » I think so?
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 am » Yay! *still proud of that. *
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 am » I have!
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Has everyone seen Oddmunds Lecture to the Princess, out of curiosity? ^^
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Princess Fujio: *Not looking very princessy, wearing a dented guard's helmet and raggedy clothes*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Righto!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Zixin: *meep princess*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Alright! Ok, since Wally is going to be a bit late today, we're going to start with Oddmund, Zixin, Slays, and Princess Fujio.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Ok, better.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Oooh, that seems to have helped.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » *tries refreshing the page*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 am » Mikan: *holds up scorecard: 7.8*
FriendlyTroll « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am » Odd: *skids into the Chat area at high speed*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am » okay here.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » nope. not here
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » Hm.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » I sorta am too...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » Teal: *helping!* *goes to find more dice*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » ...so is anyone else getting a delay between when they enter text and when it appears? Because I'm having to wait a lot longer than the 5 seconds it's supposed to take to refresh.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am » That's... that's... good. Thank you, Teal.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Teal: *puts a d17 on the table* Peep!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Just, geese.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Geese.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am » Strange person.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am » DM: *Having Teal bring him dice in exchange for shiny coins*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » DM: *Setting up the game table.*
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » not sure about nommed, but he annoyed a goose by getting too close to the hatchlings
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » Anyways...
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am » Sorry. I was helping my dad get home from the hospital
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 am » .
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am » ...did someone get nommed by a goose.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am » one guy got a broken arm for the trouble
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » (sorry, I type stuff and it takes a few seconds for it to appear, so sometimes I get a bit behind in the conversation)
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » ...Ohhhhh dear.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » and some students don't seem to understand you stick clear of the geese and their hatchlings
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Oooo. Hamster might be appropriate.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Maybe like one of thos ridiculous poofy dogs.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » Something hapless.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » the geese gather on our campus for the winter and they've been wandering around with their hatchlings
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 am » I dunno, I'm imagining, like, a hampster or something.
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 am » on that note, some of the students at my college can be a bit dim it seems
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am » Geese can be pretty furious
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am » THat... would be pretty hilarious
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 am » I was thinking more emu or something. Good runner, decent stamina. Then again emus are vicious. Like giant geese.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 am » The Cowardly Lion?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am » Exactly. Noweverybody who knows who Rincewind is, just... picture that for a second.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am » .
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am » Luna: Exalt him, of course~
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am » What would happen if Exaltedverse's Luna got ahold of him?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am » We will begin once Troll is free. Which shoudl be soon
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am » He is pretty good at running away
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am » Hmm, well, Rincewind is known for surviving.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Awww.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Rosalind: *Is reading a book on behaviorial psychology, but is cleverly masking the behavior as sleeping on it when anyone looks*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am » Basically the human embodiment of survival instinct, right?
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 am » Okay, so. Rincewind.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 am » I do.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » I do
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Who here reads discworld books?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Hey Demo
Demothesis « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » heya all
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Okay, can anyone see the eevee getting a crush on Foxvid?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » We will be starting once Troll and Demo show up.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am » Yeah, Z's got it about right.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » It's known for its ability to become many different kinds of evolved pokemon.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » Kind of a cross between a fox and a cat, according to my eyes
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am » Sort of fox-like with a squished face and very long ears.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » This is an eevee: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » It's a pokemon.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » Rosalind: *Reads books whenever she's pretty sure no one's watching.*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » So, what's an Eevee?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 am » Said eevee is named Rosalind.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Jennifer got an Eevee as a gift from Michael, who got it through bizarre circumstnaces
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Hi! And Eevee? Rosalind?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am » Jennifer: I can imagine Rosalind doing that. <3 *feeding her slices of orange*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » ALso, hello Chic!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » Rosalind: *Could totally kidnap David, but is keeping a lower profile*
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » kid! Agh.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » Sarcastic: I think it happened once, but with Sparky. Or maybe it was that weird Eevee that hangs around Jennifer.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » I can see David being kinapped by a puppy.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 am » It totally is.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 am » ...Is it just me, or is that exactly the kind of thing liable to happen to David?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am » I know. It's a pity.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » Awww...
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » Z got kidnapped by a puppy.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am » It's cool, Chic! We haven't started yet.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 am » Ewww. Glad I washed them, then.
chicgeek « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 am » sorry I'm late!
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:43 am » The most important things though. I wouldn't have gotten to the dishes tonight on my own, and the last thing we need is scuzzy dishes sitting in a box overnight.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:42 am » I cleaned a small number of things.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Oooo, puppy.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Kate also cleaned things!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » Brb, gotta take the puppy out
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am » That's awesome
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Snail did an excellent job cleaning today.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Jennifer: *has an orange for Rosalind*
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » I cleaned things today!
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » D'aww.
Snail « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am » Allo!
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 am » Rosalind: *Balancing Rulebooks on her back as she helps set up*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 am » DM: *Setting up Chat for the game*
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 am » Fair enough. We've got the people needed to start with Zixin, Odd, and Slays, who have been waiting for several weeks now
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am » Snail'll be on in a sec.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am » Makes sense.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 am » I'm doing alright. Waiting for people
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 am » So how're you?
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » No worries
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » Yes. Because I was going to type '8:30 EST' and then thought it would make sense if I said what you actually said and then got my wires crossed.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » Sorry.
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » I meant 7:30 CST.
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » And isn't it 8:30 there right now anyway?
Kate « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am » *CST
Zobot257 « Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:27 am » ...I thought I said CST, but yeah.

Demothesis
FriendlyTroll
Jane Narbon
Kate
Snail
Wallycaine
Zobot257
chicgeek
• Updates every 5 Seconds

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums