Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Welcome to Comics by Shaenon II!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 am 
Hyperkeeper

The title says it all - Welcome to Comics by Shaenon II! This board was created because I got tired of waiting for the original Comics by Shaenon board to accept my registration.

So: Come one, come all! Why not take a look at our ongoing chronicle about several Mad Scientists and their plots and schemes, The Mad Scientist Wars? Or, you can discuss the most recent strips of Skin Horse and Narbonic: Director's Cut! The board is open, the choice is yours...

~Current Announcements:~

• It has come to my attention that some ads may appear various places in the forum. If you do see any, I suggest using a Firefox extension such as NoScript or AdBlock Plus to help them vanish. Alternately, the "skymiles" theme is ad-free.

• You may not use images in your signature.

• The admin [me] can be contacted by first creating an account, then hitting the 'email' button on the bottom of any of my posts. This helps keep spammers from emailing me with offers for stuff that I really don't need.

• All others: Play safe, have fun! Please note that spammers will be destroyed without mercy.

Post subject: Forum Upgrade Complete!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 am 
Hyperkeeper

Well, we're back! Comics by Shaenon II has officially been converted to phpBB version 3!

• There's tons of neat new features-- one of the most useful is the draft system, where you can save your post-in-progress to your account, and work on it later. Just click on 'Save' instead of 'Submit', and the draft'll get saved to your account. Then, you can load it later with the 'Load' button (same place).

• You may wish to re-upload your avatar, as the upgrade did weird things to some of them. When asked to enter the size of the avatar, leave both boxes blank or the avatar will be scaled down to the size in the boxes (you probably don't want that.)

• If you are unable to log in with your old password, simply request a new one-- it'll say on the password prompt what you need to do.

• Moderators [Channing & Shaenon]: The new Moderator Control Panel link is above and to the right of the forum topic list.

• As a byproduct of upgrading the forum, everyone's time zone has been set to PST, and everyone's language to American English. If you don't live on the US West Coast, or you prefer British English, you should go to Board Preferences, in your Control Panel, and change it.

• Also in Board Preferences is the Board Style menu-- with this, you can change the entire look of the board. There's 3 different themes to choose from, so have fun...

• Finally, in the event that you run into any trouble using the upgraded forum, or there's something you don't understand, just PM me or send me an email. Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]