Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: State of the Exalted Campaign Address... plus other stuff!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Alright.

For all those people who play in my Exalted Campaign, as well as all the people who just like watching and have been following along:

As you may have already guessed, Story 3 of 4 is drawing to a close. It's been a crazy ride, but it's also been a fun one. There is perhaps one, maybe 2 sessions left after it before we're done.

What happens next?

There's going to be a week break, as I have done at the end of stories past, mostly to allow myself a good 2 weeks to prepare. Story 4 is intended to be a lot shorter, but is still gonna require me to do a ton of work to get done PROPERLY.

This isn't to say that there isn't going to be something Exalted-Related happening on the saturday after Story 3 ends, however. Between Story 3 and Story 4 there is going to be a period of time people can use to spend experience, train, increase their skills, and maybe learn a charm or two along the way. How long a period of time? That depends on a few factors we'll resolve at the end of Story 3.

Moving On...

Another piece of news that people may be excited about. My new schedule at my job, which comes into effect starting May 1st. I will be working 2 to 11 pm Mondays through Fridays, with saturdays and sundays off. This means, assuming everyone is available on those days, that we can start the Exalted campaign earlier on Saturdays, like we did before I started this job schedule. This is probably a good thing.

So what happens after Story 4?

That's a good question. It's effectively the end of the campaign I've had. It's been a wild ride so far, but the story is nearing to a close, as all stories must. I've talked with many people of doing a sequel, "The Devil You Know", but if this sequel happens, it's going to take a while for me to prepare. And by that, I mean "Don't expect me to be prepared to start it until at least June, with my workload and other stuff that's going on." If "The Devil You Know" happens, the campaign will take place about 10 years after the very start of the original campaign (So about 9 years after the Empress disappeared, which is roughly comparable to the typical time setting of Exalted anyway) and will all you to reprise your roles as your old characters at first while at the same time start new characters for you to grow and develop.

Beyond that, I also want to give other people who are interested in running a game a shot at doing it, as I said before. So I'm going to step down for a while and let another campaign, whatever that campaign is, form. I'm not going to have any involvement in this process at all, unless people want me to play; That being said, whoever WANTS to start a campaign, you need to step up and get the ball rolling as soon as possible. I know multiple people (you know who you are) have expressed an interest in taking the reigns of DMing... you should talk with each other and work out who is going to start a game and who isn't. While it's certainly possible for everyone who wants to run a game to run one, due to time and scheduling issues I'm not sure it'd be feasible for more than one MSW game to happen at a time. So I highly advise everyone who is interested in running a campaign after mine ends to post their intentions and a basic summary of how their campaign starts here, and then work out who is running what, so that there's no confusion or misunderstandings. I know there's at least 2 people who want to run games, you two at the very least need to discuss stuff and work out who is going next.

"The Devil You Know" will likely begin after anyone/everyone who has run a game has had their fun and wants to step back down and be a player again. First and foremost I want to give other people a chance to "sit behind the screen", so to speak.

Lastly...

Sometime between "The Devil You Know" starts and these other campaigns end, I'm interested in running a one-off (defined as an individual story/session that will not develop into a larger campaign) set in the Exalted setting. This game, entitled "Buried In Blood", is intended to be a simplified, streamlined introduction to Exalted, as well as a fun, silly story that pokes fun at the inspired source material. I'm mainly interested in doing this only to give whoever DMs after me a break sometime down the road, but also to teach new people who are interested in Exalted more about the game.

"Buried In Blood" will follow a few rules:

-There will only be five Players

-All five of these players will be playing characters who start out mortal, but quickly will Exalt as Dragon Blooded... uh... sorta...

-The game will take place at a Finishing School on the Blessed Isle, for mortals from Dragon Blooded families.

-This game is a parody/tribute to Magical Girl Anime, which while not really my thing, are an amusing enough premise for me to decide to run with. Thus, every protagonist in the game will be female.

-There will be a recruitment session for the game explaining more of the premise sometime soon. Once this Recruitment Session starts, the very first five people who PM me with a character idea describing their character's basic personality, hobbies/interests, and a brief physical description (possibly to be used for art) will be getting into the game. This is a First-Come, First-Served thing, and I am going to be as fair as possible about it.

-Anyone who does not get to be a player in this One-Off may still be able to help with it in other ways... if you apply but do not get in, expect a PM from me.

-Character Creation will occur after recruitment, because all characters playing in this game will have some special rules pertaining to them.

-This One-Off, if you look hard enough, may also have some tie-ins to the original Campaign, and possibly some hints about "The Devil You Know" as well.

-As this game is being made as an introductory thing to Exalted, I highly encourage people who may be interested in playing, such as Sarah, or Dr. Beard, to apply during recruitment! It'd be fun!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: State of the Exalted Campaign Address... plus other stuf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Well, I know I was planning out a story.

It would start with a group of mortals living on the main isle of the realm. A couple belonging to one of the great families, but most belonging to various mortal factions on the island, be it merchants, revolutionaries, hired muscle and the like. Eventually they well all be gathered for a task and what happens from there? Well, that's what you're playing to find out. ^.^

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).