Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Comixology Column Up
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 am 
Moderationator

I really need to make a point of announcing these...my biweekly column, All the Comics in the World, is up at Comixology.com. This week: Action Philosophers! Also, you can see one of my less embarrassing college notebook doodles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:32 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Oh, man. I used to buy these for a philosophy proff buddy, back when my guy still worked at a comic shop. I miss the discount...
Very fun indeed!

Something obscure worth looking for-Will Cuppy-The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody. Paperback, A few fun illustrations, mostly silly, snarky, accurate history commentary.
And I belive this one is sadly out of print-Twisted Tales from Shakespeare, by Richard Armour. Ditto. Learn and laugh your butt off.

Thanks for the link! I'll start checking out your column from now on.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:48 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

I particularly liked, "Sure, it's goofy to depict Manichaeism with pastiches of Jack Kirby's New Gods, but not inaccurate."

---Dave

Edit: Okay, I just went to deepdiscount.com and got the first three volumes for $21.48 all told. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 am 
Moderationator

Aaand another one.

http://www.comixology.com/articles/95/H ... y-We-Swear