Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: T-Shirts, T-Shirts, T-Shirts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 am 
New Madsci

Based on the third and fourth panels of the March 30, 2011, strip:

The phrase "Any town I'm in is a party town!" would look fantastic on a t-shirt.

So would some variation on the phrase "top-secret federal party facility." Maybe "Notice: My apartment has been designated a top-secret federal party facility" or "Follow me to a top-secret federal party facility!" or "Sorry, can't stick around. I've been summoned to a top-secret federal party facility" or something.

ETA: According to her comment in the daily thread, Rachel "rainpacket" Blackman suggests that Sweetheart's face from the fourth panel of the March 29, 2011, strip "would be an awesome coffee mug."

Yes. Yes, it most certainly would.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm 
New Madsci

Jay Blanc (username jayblanc) commented in the threads that the third panel of the June 7, 2011, strip would make a great t-shirt. So here's a post in the thread about t-shirts to acknowledge the fact.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 pm 
New Madsci

How about Skin Horse greeting cards? They're a great idea, that's how about 'em!

Inspired by the September 28, 2011, strip, some folks have already made suggestions in the comment threads, to wit:

-- CFsoftie and deecee both supported the idea of selling "Sorry you almost nuked us" or "Sorry I almost nuked you" cards.

-- palenoue suggested a Tiger Lily card that says, "Apologies for turning your Wii into a insolent punk instigating revolution with your kitchen appliances," and a Dr. Lee card that says, "Sorry for putting your brain inside a weapon of mass destruction." (I'm wondering if that Tiger Lily one wouldn't work better with Artie on it, myself, but I guess either one kinda fits.)

-- Sparks suggested a Sweetheart card that says, "I'm so, so SO sorry that I spilled the coffee!"

Me, I kind of like the idea of sending someone a CobraGram (tm). That of course is a snake that picks you up when you're feeling blue by giving you a cheerful greeting and a comforting hug. It's not really a greeting card, though. If I have more ideas for those, I'll add 'em here.

ETA: As Shaenon kindly reminded me, there are indeed two cards available now in the Couscous Collective store. They are giant cards, but (as one might expect) pretty darned good. One features Dr. Lee and Unity, and the other features Helen and ... erm, something that emerges from a flask.

Doesn't mean there's no room for more cards, though. Maybe a boxed set, even, if we come up with enough of them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am 
New Madsci

In the comment thread for the 10/25/11 strip, Wayne Zombie pointed out that Dr. Lee's line in the fourth panel, "People keep moving my silliness benchmark," as he put it, "MUST be made into a t-shirt and bumper sticker!"

Duly noted, and I think he's right. Also, maybe a button.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 am 
New Madsci

Yohannon and Wayne Zombie both suggested it in the comment thread for this strip, but it's one of the best t-shirt ideas in the last few months, so here it is for the forum thread of t-shirt ideas that really ought to become t-shirts:

"I'm eventually awesome."

That was Jonah's phrasing in the strip, but on a t-shirt "Eventually, I'm awesome" or even "Eventually awesome" would also work well. Whichever. But it should be a t-shirt so very, very much.