Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Basement Dwellers print and post game!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:09 am 
Moderationator

This here is a test thread to investigate if something is up with the thread creation system. If this works, feel free to discuss "Basement Dwellers" here!

Post subject: Re: Basement Dwellers print and post game!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:18 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

Hum. Does Basement Dwellers have a boardgamegeek.com entry?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm 
Moderationator

The game's creator has asked me to link to the revised game set since newer accounts have stricter URL control for spam filter purposes.

http://tinyurl.com/lrmoqlr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

Chappy wrote:
Hum. Does Basement Dwellers have a boardgamegeek.com entry?

Doh!

Knew I was forgetting something.

After all you Garrity minions look over the new rules and make comments I'll put it up on boardgamegeek.com, so have at thee!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

I STILL haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping to give it a whirl tomorrow, maybe. Question, though.

1.What order do attacking coins resolve in? Say the Crystals throw down a Centipede to preemptively defend themselves(Probably they bought it using a 3-1 trade), and ON THE SAME TURN, an opponent throws down a attacking Silverfish.
Who dies? The Crystals? The Silverfish? Both?

2.What happens if the Crystal player plays a Crystal token and Centipede token simultaneously on a spot that has a Silverfish? Does the Crystal get destroyed, or would the Centipede protect him?

3. Incidentally(Thinking about question #2), if there was only one empty spot and a player plays two coins, does the player get to choose which piece gets put back in the bag, or is he forced to randomly flip them?)

4. If a player trades coins with the bag, does he need to reveal what coins were traded, or does he get to keep that a secret?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:06 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

When you play keep in mind that you don't need to glue the coins together, just toss the top sides in the random box/bag and exchange them for the attack side when needed.

Chappy, all attacks in a location happen simultaneously. Somehow that dropped out of the rules when I was rewriting them. You put all the attack coins on the location (if their's room for them all) and remove all the coins that need to be removed, even if they're attacking other coins.

Chappy wrote:
2.What happens if the Crystal player plays a Crystal token and Centipede token simultaneously on a spot that has a Silverfish? Does the Crystal get destroyed, or would the Centipede protect him?

In this case both the Crystal and Silverfish go into the draw bag/box.
Chappy wrote:
3. Incidentally(Thinking about question #2), if there was only one empty spot and a player plays two coins, does the player get to choose which piece gets put back in the bag, or is he forced to randomly flip them?)

Randomly flip them. This is to represent the unorganized mess that is the basement.
Chappy wrote:
4. If a player trades coins with the bag, does he need to reveal what coins were traded, or does he get to keep that a secret?

Players need to trade coins in the open to prevent cheating, because as every faction knows, every other factions are dirty cheating liars.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am 
Mysterious Stranger

Nothing new on the game front? Okay then, I'll set it up on gameboardgeek.com soon... -ish...