Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need help Helen Cosplay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:59 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

Hello!
Before anything I must Introduce myself:
I'm Maki, I'm 21 and I live in Costa Rica. I began reading Narbonic about 6 months ago and I loved it.

Now: I want to cosplay as Helen for an event, I got everything I need, except for Helen's "Evil" Shirt. I'm under the impression that there's some sort of icon or image, I've seen pictures of shirts like that, so question is:
¿Where can I find that image? 'cause googleing it doesn't work.
I'll post photos when I get them.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Need help Helen Cosplay
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:32 am 
Mysterious Stranger

Is there anybody here?
If there is, I wonder, what type of make up would Helen wear (does she wear make up at all?)
I'd imagine something pink, and nail polish, pink nail polish. I wonder what should I use, I have a cute one: light pink, with glitter, would she wear that? What you think?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:36 am 
Hyperkeeper

Hmm. Tricky. To be honest, I don't really know. Why not email Shaenon and ask her? This webpage has her email address.

P.S: I think the 'evil(heart)' shirts were a limited print run, so you might have to get lucky to find one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:31 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

The Evil Shirt is pretty easy to reproduce.
Just buy a plain, cotton white shirt, buy a pack of iron on transfers (probably your local walmart, or order online)
Next, print out the actual Evil image. I made one for ya:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ ... rtevil.jpg

Follow the instructions for the Iron On Transfers and you're all set.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:24 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Thank you, Lord Dave! My little girl's a big Narbonic fan-I just may have to do that for her sometime. Er-only if it's okay with Shaenon.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:18 pm 
Moderationator

I am planning to sell official evil tees again! More info as events develop.

If you need to make a shirt right away, you can use this image for an iron-on: http://www.narbonic.com/eviltee_big.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:22 pm 

I'll wait until you're ready to sell them. Support your favorite artists, and all that. Thanks!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente