Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Costume Party of the Mad and sinister...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:51 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Halloween is still months away, but just as a question for everyone...

If all the characters in our game were to get invited to a costume party for the witchiest night of the year, what do you suspect they'd go as?

I could see Lady Drezebel dressing up as Etna. (Link to a Youtube video provided for those that have never played the Disgaea games) I suspect Etna's attitude would appeal to her very well. Plus, she'd happily use the outfit as an attempt to get reactions out of her boyfriend/husband to be. She'd probably try to coerce Richard to dress up as Laharal to keep up with the theme. (Again, link to a youtube video provided for the curious. For some reason I can never resist making obscure video game references...) Yeah, Drezebel isn't exactly big on modesty.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Richard would never go along with it. He's not the type, really. I think he'd rather dress up as James Bond, but really, the outfit's not very different than what he'd usually wear anyway.

As for David, he'd probably dress up like this oddball. (Again, an obscure game reference, because that's pretty much how do things. Sorry.)

So what about the rest of the gang?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:15 pm 

Ooh, I like it...
But honestly? No idea for Chic. I'll have to poner a bit.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 pm 
Hyperkeeper

If it's any help, I can certainly see Chic as Agatha Heterodyne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:32 pm 

You know, I thought about that. Or Victorian lady adventurer. Hmm...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:34 pm 

Hawjeeze- This could take me a while- but I can name a few easy.

Andrew would go as Willy Wonka- Tim Burton version. Velvet coat, pale skin, and a nervous giggle.
Xerox always goes as The Joker- Animated Series style. He's sort of creepily good at it...
Fredric would go as Alex from A Clockwork Orange and speak nadsat all night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm 

Heh. Can you just imagine what happens to anyone daring to knock on a mad scientist's door on halloween?
"trick or treat!"
Radiated goodies, guaranteed to mutate them enough that they no longer need a costume.
Or tricks-strapping them to the lab table for a round of experiments.
And that's just the trick or treaters-heaven help the delinquints out tp'ing and throwing eggs.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:04 pm 

Claire would probably go as a Hippie, albeit a poorly rendered one, (peace, love, and world destruction, man) unless she was lucky enough to be bizarrely mutated, in which case I'm sure she would have a great time going as a rouge experiment.

chicgeek wrote:
Heh. Can you just imagine what happens to anyone daring to knock on a mad scientist's door on halloween?
"trick or treat!"
Radiated goodies, guaranteed to mutate them enough that they no longer need a costume.
Or tricks-strapping them to the lab table for a round of experiments.

Somehow, I think Claire would be disappointed by anything else.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:09 pm 

Now that I think about it, Andrew and his family would have to go as The mad Tea-Party.
Andrew- Mad Hatter
Fredric- March Hare
Sayasuke- the Doormouse

The Mad Court
Katty- Queen of Hearts
Eric- King of Hearts

The Mad Woods
Vladimir - Knave of hearts
Rasputin- Cheshire cat
The Tinker twins- Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Xerox-The caterpillar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Personally, I could see Jane in a devil costume, embodying the 'trick' of 'trick or treat', leaving everywhere she goes just a little more chaotic than when she entered...

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Hey, we should have a Halloween Party mini-arc in a few months!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:19 pm 

Hey! That sounds like fun!
Maybe we could actually do it during October. and hold it in a side thread so that the Main story can continue? Sort of a 'Something Completely Different' bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:18 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
Hey, we should have a Halloween Party mini-arc in a few months!

I like this idea. :-)

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:41 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Done. You have your party.

Oh, and Chic and Jane get to host. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:58 pm 

Evil, SIB, evil. Hmm, I certainly don't want you lot roaming through my lair...
Maybe we'll reserve Club Malevois for a private party that night.
Send in your RSVP's. Lab coats optional.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 pm 
Heh heh heh.

I can think of a few Halloween tricks I might like to try out... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:05 pm 

Cool. I'll have to think up a really awesome costume idea for David... and another for his robotic arm.

Lady D is definitely gonna be Etna, it suits her so well, but Rick'll need a good costume idea as well...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:18 pm 

Hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:02 am 
Hyperkeeper

Claire wrote:
Can I come? I'll help set up. Forget hippie though, I think I'd want to go as Dejah Thoris (with clothes)...

My my.

Ok, I've set up a Halloween Party topic, but it's locked until "that night" rolls closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:39 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Hey, I just had an idea: ChicGeek could go as Harley Quinn, and Jane Narbon would be Poison Ivy. What do you think of that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:47 pm 

"Oh, Mistah J!"
Hee. Jane as Poison Ivy is just too perfect. I'd go as Harley Quinn just for that.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:01 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Well, JN would certainly work well as Poison Ivy... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:01 pm 

*Snerk* I would have to have Xerox go as the Joker just for that, then- without knowing what the girls are wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 am 

Heh...I've been thinking up a few surprises for the party as well, but I won't be telling anyone until we get started.

Just WAIT until you see what costume David's going to be dressed up in.

Heh heh heh.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm 

[quote=

Just WAIT until you see what costume David's going to be dressed up in.

Heh heh heh.[/quote]

A zombie-a reanimated soulless shell?
Just kidding! I'm looking forward to David's eventual return. And as a side note? I think the old personality/memories are in the arm, but the soul/new personality are in the body. No real reason, just a gut feeling.
And speaking of guts..

Anybody remember the old game you'd play as a kid for a haunted house? The stick your hand in a bowl-grapes for eyeball, spagetti for guts, ect.?
With cloning, we can have the real thing!

Hmm, I imagine Club Malevois's going to want a heck of a security deposit.
Do we have any other suggestions for the venue?

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:00 pm 

Oh, David's coming back?

That's still somewhat up in the air, actually. Don't forget that technically, the Arm is Zobot (kinda) and therefore could be referred to by the name "David Toboz" as well.

So expect to see either Professor Zobot or David Toboz showing up at the party...maybe both, depending on how things go.

Heh heh heh.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:05 pm 

My bad-when you said, see what costume david's coming in...oops. Misunderstood! Whoever shows up for halloween will be welcomed with some spiked punch.
And when a mad is the one spiking the punch-Heh, heh, heh.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
My bad-when you said, see what costume david's coming in...oops. Misunderstood! Whoever shows up for halloween will be welcomed with some spiked punch.

Y-yikes! Note to self: never drink any beverage Chicgeek offers you. Ever.

Anyways, as to David coming back: I'm still flip flopping over it. I think of it like the character Chrono from Chrono Trigger: he plays a large role in most of the story, but at one point he dies, and he doesn't HAVE to come back to complete the game. If David returns, there's a lot of interesting stuff that I think will result. If he doesn't, well... I'll just have to play another character as a main character.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:04 pm 
Heh heh heh.

chicgeek wrote:

Since we're both hosting, I guess Chic'll handle the drinks and I'll provide the food.

(innocent grin)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm 

Something tells me Claire is going to have a *very* good time at this party. Of course, this is the girl who bought a package of mints in the store and was incredibly disappointed when nothing happened to her when she ate them.

Somehow I doubt she'll be disappointed by the refreshments at this party.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:29 pm 

Claire wrote:
Something tells me Claire is going to have a *very* good time at this party. Of course, this is the girl who bought a package of mints in the store and was incredibly disappointed when nothing happened to her when she ate them.

Are you kidding? Andrew brews his own apple cider- Genuine Risk Familly Poision Apple Cider. Family recipe, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm 

Claire wrote:

Dang! There's very little can hurt Claire, is there? I'm impressed!

-Xin Yun

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next