Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Good point. We must always pick on Thad. We'll only get to do it for so long.

When he goes crazy (not Mad) the fun will be all over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

It's just as well... when Thad goes mad we've got bigger things to worry about than just using a beating stick.[/b]

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:27 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
It's just as well... when Thad goes mad we've got bigger things to worry about than just using a beating stick.[/b]

I keep hoping maybe him and Xerox'll go Mad at the same time- THEN we'll see some fireworks. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:27 pm 

<splitting hairs>
Quote:
(not Mad)

I believe I have said this before.</splitting hairs>

Quote:
I keep hoping maybe him and Xerox'll go Mad at the same time- THEN we'll see some fireworks. Twisted Evil

No sorry. See I have this list of things that must happen before Thad goes crazy (not Mad). Among them are his dad coming back and an event so big that it will happen

Last edited by That Guy on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:29 pm 

Fine- goes *insane*, happy? Technically Xerox is Mad- just constantly looping between stages one and Two... which means he;s been 'revving' for the big breakthrough for, what, eight years?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:33 pm 

Thad is nearly the same as Xerox except that he has a mental block instead of a biochemical one. Basically he already is mad-mutating cats, fixing the machine that supercharges your spirit and kills you, working on the time machine, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:36 pm 

Shiesta... I'ma gonna need to introduce some new sane characters just to balance out the madkids we already have/are gonna get, aren't I?

Well, I mean I was planning on doing it anyway... but still...

Coming soon: Could David be getting a sidekick? Not if he can help it!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:38 pm 

The worst thing? if Xerox goes off the Cure, he won't necessarily go Mad yet... maybe not for weeks. Going off the cure would just mean he's prime to go off. He'd still need a trigger.
Worst thing? The Trigger? One word almost anyone could say to him, by accident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 pm 

Is that word "paperwork"?

I could see it.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Is that word "paperwork"?

I could see it.

Nope, nope- here's a clue: Whatever he found out when he was eighteen, drove him insane. he was given a small dose of the cure, just before he hit phase three.
I have a story behind that, but I can't post it yet... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:10 pm 

And let's all welcome the most recently arrived guest to the party: The third and youngest, as well as the most deceased, sibling of the Toboz family: Sarah Brandy Toboz, dressed up as Angel Trainee Flonne, from the Disgaea series of games.

Incidentally, for the many that don't know about these games, Flonne is actually NOT a magical girl, although she admittedly has a lot of traits of one. What she IS is trouble, however.

Let's all let the littlest Toboz feel welcome, shall we?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 pm 

Gee! Cute. And of course, poor Delta is in the middle of it...
I'm starting to think Desius gets his bad luck from him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:04 am 

Perhaps. Heh.

Actually, originally Sarah was going to fake-threaten That Guy, but he ended up retreating to the Kitchen and she couldn't have made her entrance there.

You would not BELIEVE the trouble she had sneaking out of the upper realms to get to this party. The new Deva they have watching the front door is a lot more capable than the cherub they used to rely on.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 pm 

Oh yeah...did I forget to mention? Our little SOS brigade came with a 6th member. Introducing the mystery cast member as Ryoko!

Try and guess who it is!

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:31 pm 

Thanks for overturning the punch bowl, Toboz! There won't be any left by the time Janitor goes for karaoke... Just the stuff in the sprinkler systems. Heh heh. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 pm 

Y'know, Jane could make a fortune selling mints tonight....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 pm 

Well, he needed to overturn SOMETHING.

We can't have the only normal guy in the whole place get away from the knife-wielding crazy person so easily, can we?

Poor Richard ('s Almanac!). One of these days I'm gonna sit down and write out the story of how he and Lady Drezebel got together. He actually needs to have a good moment or two to balance out the rough times he has mostly in this game.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 pm 

Luckily, he's mean enough it's hard to feel bad. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 pm 

I actually think of him kinda like Miles Edgeworth, except a doctor.

He's not very social, but he's formal. He likes being a gentleman. And for the most part, in the game he's not at his best. He's got a Mad Scientist-shaped chip in his shoulder, which may/may not ever get explained.

What's really odd is that he's dating a Mad, so he's in an awkward position. I think if we ever saw him on other circumstances, he'd be a bit more likable. But we don't, so he isn't.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:26 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
I actually think of him kinda like Miles Edgeworth, except a doctor.

Glee! Miles! *floaty hearts*
Uh- what? Sorry, drifted off there...

Huh. The funny thing is, if he had met Andrew in any other circumstance, they would probably get along very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:31 am 

Bah! Edgeworth.

You know...now THERE'S an idea. I could have done a theme costume around those games. I could see it: David as Phoenix, Richard as Miles, Lady D as Mia, and possibly Sarah as either Maya (she's actually a bit too young) or Pearl (She's actually a bit too old).

It's not a perfect fit, but it would work. Heh... I could even have had Lady D nagging Nega-Tinker to go as Manfred Von Karma!

Although if I was gonna do that, I would have also needed someone to go as Emma Skye. If only so I could have them talk about Mad Scientific Investigation to other people. And possibly spray them with her luminol testing fluid.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:50 am 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Although if I was gonna do that, I would have also needed someone to go as Emma Skye. If only so I could have them talk about Mad Scientific Investigation to other people. And possibly spray them with her luminol testing fluid.

Andrew. Just.... Andrew. XD
But if that failed, you could have him go as Apollo Justice. Desius would make a good Dick Gumshoe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Professor Zobot wrote:

Andrew. Just.... Andrew. XD

*Grins* So you're saying that Andrew would have been willing to dress up as a girl?

Professor_Tinker wrote:
But if that failed, you could have him go as Apollo Justice. Desius would make a good Dick Gumshoe...

Apollo would have been an interesting character, but if I had an Apollo I'd have wanted to have a Trucy as well, and that means I would have had to bring someone else into the role. Chicgeek would have been the obvious choice, given her brand of mad science (I'm predicting she could have put together an amazing Mr. Hat) But she was one of the hostesses, and that means we couldn't have showboated very much.

Ah well. What might have been.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:15 pm 

Remember what your momma said about switching genders? That one day it would stick?

Myth confirmed. :twisted:

Edit: Totally worth it. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Remember what your momma said about switching genders? That one day it would stick?

MY momma said no such thing! Just something about Rocky Horror Picture show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
JanetTor wrote:

Did it stick?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:51 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
JanetTor wrote:

Did it stick?

I've got a twitch response involving throwing hot dogs. You tell me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 pm 
Hyperkeeper

In case it's not obvious: The force field is opaque on the inside (so Richard thinks he, 'Yuki', and 1 knife-wielding psycho are alone), but clear on the outside (so everyone else can watch the performance.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm 

Ah... see, I thought they were totally dark. Oh well... my mistake.

*goes off to write the next Richard post*

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:10 pm 

Re-Des's post in the party thread-
AAAUUUGGH!!!
You're scaring me again.... :shock:

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next