Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:43 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner with a copy of Who Framed Rodger Rabbit and my gorilla plushy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:38 pm 

...oh dear... Desius, you're certainly making up for lost time.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:44 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

You have no idea,
It's Trick or Treat time.
Am I the Treat?
Or am I the Trick?

A nursery rhyme to sing you to sleep,

One, Two,
I'm coming for you.
Three, Four,
Better run some more.
Five, Six,
Gonna get my fix.
Seven, Eight,
It's much too late.
Nine, Ten,
Never sleep again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:49 pm 

...I'd write a "Song of Madness" about Desius, but in all honesty I'm not even sure where I would even BEGIN if I tried to top that.

...I wonder. Would you consider Mad Des to be part of David's "rogue's gallery" at this point or not? I mean, they've come into conflict once, but even then, Jane Narbon stopped them from trying to hurt each other too badly.

David's seen a lot of Mad Des, but most of it's not entirely canon, so I'm not sure if you could consider them adversaries or not.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 pm 

Well David is definitely on Mad Des's List, if not topping it.
They've seen bits and pieces of each other all throughout the story, and especially after David's warning to him, Mad Des has taken an interest in David.
What he thinks of him however, is his own thoughts.
And remember, though it hasn't come up much, that David remains one of two people immune to his network.
Des, however, enjoys David's company, and gets along well with him. I wonder how David feels considering he knows whats lurking under the skin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Out of curiosity, if David's one, who's the other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 pm 

... That entirely depends. David's nervous around Desius, if only because he knows he's in a weak position with him. He's giving Desius a chance, because that's the sort of guy he is and if there's any hope that good could come out of Des, David wants to give him that chance.

At the same time, he realizes that if Des went mad...it'd be very, VERY bad. I haven't touched on it much, but David's been forgetting more and more about the alternate future he went to, although he'll always probably remember general ideas about it more than actual details. He doesn't remember much about Future Des, except that he did something really really bad with Mad people's minds that backfired on him and that Future David opposed him, and that Future Des, or at least an incarnation of him, asked David for his forgiveness, and at the time David refused.

So David, as naive and innocent as he is, knows that if Desius snaps, he's gotta TRY and take him out if he can. But he also knows that Des is Andrew' and Chic's relative, and anything he does to Des is invariably probably going to hurt Andrew, whom he's just recently revealed he's attracted to and has dated, as well as Chic. So I'd imagine he's in an awkward position on the Desius front. He'd really rather it go away, and he's doing his best to just ignore it and deal with Des as his own person rather than just as a threat, but it's still there, in the back of what can loosely be called his mind.

EDIT: Hmm... the second person in the cast whose immune?

I'd take a stab and say Sayasuke, if only because he's technically not human. I'm not sure if his mind is similar enough to a human mind to be affected.

But that's just a total wild guess.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 pm 

Actually it's come up already. Mad Des tried to use Voice on him, and he shrugged it off like it wasn't there. He also took him down one on one in Mad Des's own turf. He sealed Mad Des, severing his Node Link with Narbon.
Heh, I'm just being mysterious because I can. If you really want me to tell ya, I'll post the answer.

Hint: Page 44 inthe Main Wars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:09 pm 

Indeed! Saysuke is not only not Human, but is Under Order from Andrew- he takes his orders from him and him alone, bypassing most mind control.
There is also *one* other person who is somewhat immune....besides who Desius is alluding to. But it isn't very set, and it's unlikely to come up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 pm 

I'm kind of worried about Claire when it comes to Mad Des. Because she's not going to be at all scared, and she really probably should be. Not that she listens to me about any of that, of course.

Sigh. Maybe Mad Des will decide not to kill her, for whatever reasons of his own.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 pm 

I worry about Andrew, myself... Mad Des dosn't really 'like' anyone, but odds are he *hates* Andrew.
edit: ...and Andrew is an Idiot when it comes to several Things:
1: Cake.
2: David
3: Authur Conan Doyle
4: Desius.

(Yes, David ranks firmly between Cake and Sir ACD on the 'Acting like an Idiot' scale. Discuss.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:01 am 
Heh heh heh.

The cake is a lie. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:55 am 

Ahh, now Des has his costume. heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:48 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
The cake is a lie. ;)

*Exactly* If it had been Andrew in there, he would have been all
"You Mean there's *cake?!* Well, what are we waiting for? Bring on the death mazes!"
...actually, it's never come up but Lemon was traumatized by that game. Spent three hours hiding on the ceiling crying about 'robot hell'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm 

Wow. Des, that is amazing.

*hides*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:50 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
I worry about Andrew, myself... Mad Des dosn't really 'like' anyone, but odds are he *hates* Andrew.

(Yes, David ranks firmly between Cake and Sir ACD on the 'Acting like an Idiot' scale. Discuss.)

You know, normally I would expect #3 and #1 to be flipflopped for some reason...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:12 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

You know, normally I would expect #3 and #1 to be flipflopped for some reason...

Have you ever *had* Red Velvet Cake before?
But he has tried to downplay the influence of Mr. Holmes in his life as of late... you know, that whole 'healthy emotional relationships' thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 pm 

Admittedly, there are very few things I would rate higher on the "Delicious food" scale than Red Velvet cake. How'd you know I like it?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:39 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:

Admittedly, there are very few things I would rate higher on the "Delicious food" scale than Red Velvet cake. How'd you know I like it?

Dude, I diddn't. Red Velvet Cake is *delicious*. *Cake*, is delicious. These are just facts of the universe. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:45 pm 

Yeah... Red Velvet's a good cake. Although if we're going out on a cake tangent, my personal favorite is Angel's Food with lots of whipped cream and various berries topping it.

Of course, my heathen best friend actually prefers coconut cake... the fool.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:52 pm 

Mmm...angel food with lots of strawberries. Oh, yeah. And it may sound odd, but banana cake with homemade caramel icing is yummy.
Oh, god-cream pull candy. (not taffy!) Local thing, pure sugar. Great-now I have to go buy some tomorrow.
Man, the heck with the late night burger runs. We need an all night bakery with a drive through. :D

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:54 pm 

Ah, I have to say the tops for me is white cake with whipped cream and fruit in it... and cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmmmm.
It has been proven that Andrew can be made to do many silly things if Cake is offered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:43 pm 

Okay-the song I had Chic and Wally do? Check out this website! I plugged in "song lyrics-science" just to see what would pop up, and found this! I'll have to do at least one more from there before the party's over.
http://faculty.washington.edu/crowther/ ... rics.shtml

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:49 pm 

Glee! Science songs!
And, Andrew senses Something Wicked... for a moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:11 pm 

I can't wait for Des to get to the party. It's really an excellent costume choice.

I think Claire will be impressed.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:21 pm 

Claire wrote:

...Claire need to hang around someone with more common sense, you know that?
Actually if she ever works for Fredric, *she'd* be kind of the Mad Scientist personality with *him* still acting like a Hench... huh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:44 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Claire wrote:

...Claire need to hang around someone with more common sense, you know that?
Actually if she ever works for Fredric, *she'd* be kind of the Mad Scientist personality with *him* still acting like a Hench... huh.

Heh. Yes, Claire is a bit short on common sense. Especially in the self-preservation area. Although, to be fair, that is somewhat justified.

But she's someone who *voluntarily* left normal college to be a henchwoman for deranged geniuses, frequently being experimented on and thrown into life-or-death battles for the Master. Also, her rule #9: no common sense allowed.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:02 pm 

Interestingly enough, Claire and Sarcastic seem to have very similar backstories, the biggest difference being that Sarcastic isn't as far along in her attempt as Claire is.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:12 pm 

Claire wrote:
Also, her rule #9: no common sense allowed.

I think Fredric's Rule # 9 is 'Avoid anyone who goes by Title and Title alone.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:38 am 

Hmm... I have a question. Where are we. I don't think it's Chic's Lab, and I remember something about a club, but I'm not sure. I need to know if Mecha is going to be there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next