Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Witness: Andrew getting mad at someone. Say, have any of teh characters actiually *seen* him on the job before? :D
Clever Des, clever.

Edit/Disclaimer: Andrew isn't being mean, he's just stressed- he as only so much enjoyment to get out o his night all of a sudden...

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm 

Desius wrote:
Clear?
Or are you asking for the sake of the game and I've just completely followed the wrong tangent here?

PS. This is not to say I chose a character from Chic's, I could have picked one of my own, but.. oh hell, it's giving me a headache on being vague. Lets just say it can be anyone. Jeez try to avoid spoilers nd you talk in circles.

Hee! Just asking out of curiosity, just for the sake of figuring out purposes. Man, you're right-that is a lot of characters to choose from! And like you say, if someone actually wanted that character in the wars-spiked candy, cloning, what have you-there's always a way. Are we not Mad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 pm 

"Meanwhile on the ceiling the eldritch horror known only as Sweetums stalked its prey."
Thad, I love this line! Perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Witness: Andrew getting mad at someone.

Witness: Claire upset. I'd just like to say that under any other circumstances, she'd probably start crying at a reprimand like that, but then again, under other circumstances she wouldn't be trying to manage Andrew.

Not, of course, that she'd be upset by, say, the DEAD BODY OUTSIDE, but heaven forbid said dead body make Andrew upset.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:10 pm 

Claire wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
Witness: Andrew getting mad at someone.

Witness: Claire upset. I'd just like to say that under any other circumstances, she'd probably start crying at a reprimand like that, but then again, under other circumstances she wouldn't be trying to manage Andrew.

Not, of course, that she'd be upset by, say, the DEAD BODY OUTSIDE, but heaven forbid said dead body make Andrew upset.

Witness: Why Fredric sticks to his Da. :D
Because he know they're both just freaked out and technically worrying way too much about other people.... although he also seems to realize how much more punchable he is now he's not all little an' fluffy.

I hope that helps- I figurd that Fredric is experienced at soothing ruffled feathers. Mads are, as a group, fairly socially inept... one way of another. And YES, Claire is a freakin' Honorary Mad or something to Fredric.
Edit: ... and I want them to be friends, due to the fact that they could be a transmorgification ray and a costume change away from a really enertaining scooby doo parody. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 am 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
I hope that helps- I figurd that Fredric is experienced at soothing ruffled feathers. Mads are, as a group, fairly socially inept... one way of another. And YES, Claire is a freakin' Honorary Mad or something to Fredric.
Edit: ... and I want them to be friends, due to the fact that they could be a transmorgification ray and a costume change away from a really enertaining scooby doo parody. XD

Ok, I think everything's patched up now. Fredric is pretty good at having everyone get along, which is good, because Claire seems to have the social incompetence of a Mad, even if she isn't one.

And there certainly are a lot of transmogrification rays at the party...

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 pm 

Claire wrote:
Ok, I think everything's patched up now. Fredric is pretty good at having everyone get along, which is good, because Claire seems to have the social incompetence of a Mad, even if she isn't one.

And there certainly are a lot of transmogrification rays at the party...

Fredric is as stubborn as an average donkey and sensible enough to warp back around to Insane. XD

Hmm.... the question is, who makes the better Scooby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:

Want a mint...er, scooby snack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:46 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

Want a mint...er, scooby snack?

Why, i woudl be delighted to- HAY WAIT A MINNIT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

chicgeek wrote:
It's your character-rename her if you wish. Personally-I don't see anything wrong with her being Alice. It's just a coincidence. I kind of like the name, myself.
After all, the little mad from the orphanage that gave David his Polarion Resequencer is named Emily-just like Chic, although very few people call her that. And it's no big thing at all.

Mmm. If Janet gets the chance to rename that identity, she'll go for it. Whether here or in the Practice Wars... Speaking of which... *pokes Timmy* *runs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 am 

Hmm... I wonder where Desius is? I dunno... I was kinda excited to find out more about the whole thing.

*Sighs* Hmm...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:19 am 

Yeah, I think we'll be having the party thread last a bit longer than planned. But a murder mystery is so cool!
And, you know-I expect Andrew or Xerox to start rounding up the people in the photos soon. Wonder what they'll make of Des not being there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 am 
Hyperkeeper

Professor Zobot wrote:
Hmm... I wonder where Desius is?

I'm not exactly sure, but according to the admin panel, he last logged in 5 days ago. Maybe he's on vacation or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:37 pm 

*Sighs*

Well, as regrettable as it is, the Halloween Party thread seems more or less dead'd at the immediate moment. People keep waiting for Desius to post and he seems to have vanished. (I'd suspect Black Ops abduction except the job seems too clean.)

If there isn't any activity in the Party thread from ANYONE by November 2nd, I'd like to ask that it get locked, and we officially kick off the Mad Sci Grand Prix thread to replace it. It kinda makes little sense to have a halloween party thread last into the middle of November, does it?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:03 pm 

*shrugs*

That sounds fine with me, as long as there's a provision that we'll be able to re-open the thread at some point after Desius comes back.

I want to know the solution to the murder!

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 pm 

I have mixed feelings. I know Des would be here if he could, something must have come up. But we can't wait forever. And I don't want to delay the Frankenstein Grand Prix.
But yeah, if we have to close the thread, okay. As long as we can reopen the thread later-even if just briefly. Enough to wrap up the murder mystery.
And Jane and I need to post costume contest winners.
I'll abide by whatever the majority wants to do.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Here's what I'll do: As of today, Desius has been gone for a week. If he's not back by Monday, I'll lock and unstick the party threads, and we can start the Grand Prix. When Desius returns, we can unlock the threads, finish the mystery, post the contest winners, and wrap up the party.

Does that sound OK to everyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:22 pm 

Sounds good.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:22 pm 

Roger doger! That sounds fair to me. It'll be nice to start the Prix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:35 pm 

I'm fine with it.

I want Desius to come back as much as anyone, but at the same time I don't want the Prix to start sometime after Bluelight ends, for reasons.

And I kinda don't want to start the Prix with the party thread still somewhat active if we can avoid it. It wouldn't do to have people's attention split over 3 threads...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:26 pm 

Okies. I'll add another post tomorrow, then. I - er, Janitor refuses to let Thad continue on kilt-less for an undefined amount of time. Although it's been awfully amusing thus far. ;3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 am 
Mysterious Stranger

IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME EITHER WAY. I'LL JUST BE OVER HERE SHARPENING MY SCYTHE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 am 
Hyperkeeper

OK-- thread paused, until further notice. Desius, when you come back, post (or PM me) and I'll unpause it again.

Till then...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9