Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

JanetTor wrote:
Yep, Wally got it. Revelations. Chapter Six. Verses two to eight. ...As reported by Saints Gaiman and Pratchett in Good Omens. ^^ Pollution took over for Famine as one of the Horsepersons of the Apocalypse.

I thought it was Pestilence. Yeah, the old guy retired in 1936, muttering something about Penicillin. Famine just moved on to diet books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Anyway, yeah.

Still (likely) to come on my list of characters:

1) Elleb
2) Sarah Toboz (What's Halloween without a ghost?)
3) The Arm, in it's new human form. (So that no one recognizes it and it can't result in any drama)

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:58 pm 

Three guesses as to what Nega Wally's coming as, and the first two don't count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:06 pm 

Wallycaine wrote:

Ok...

1) Batman
2) Godzilla
3) (This space left blank until Nega-Wally's introduced, and then I'll revise it and claim that I had suspected it all along and condescendingly dismiss any naysayers in a manner which makes them look silly)

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:12 pm 

Wallycaine wrote:

A Cowboy Viking Dinosaur Cannibal, perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm 

How many xenomorphs will change their face,
And then hunt us down for a thrill?
Give me a villain with style and grace,
And a little bit of fencing skill.
They used to be angular, sneering and bald,
If someone got killed even they were appalled,
They tried to marry the heroine, no thought of rape,
And they sure as hell knew how to wear a cape.
They never tortured, they never lied,
They'd honor a promise if it meant they died.
Let's find a villain with professional pride,
Come on with me, baby, on a rocket ride.
Come on with me, baby, on a rocket ride.

I'd quote the whole Rocket Ride song, by Tom Smith, if it wasn't so long-just because I love it. This bit is just for Zobot-I think he nailed the nerdy mad scientists and their reactions just right. Bye, Zorg!
Oh course, when the alien armanda comes to destroy us, we all know who we have to blame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 am 
Heh heh heh.

chicgeek wrote:
Oh course, when the alien armanda comes to destroy us, we all know who we have to blame...

The alien, of course! He was asking for it. :D

Also: It seems being generally the same person can overcome all inhibitions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:02 am 

chicgeek wrote:
This bit is just for Zobot-I think he nailed the nerdy mad scientists and their reactions just right. Bye, Zorg!

Heh... thanks Chicgeek. That was pretty awesome.

That being said, the Alien Armanda can get in line: It's not like this is the FIRST time a Toboz or someone tied to the family has irked the forces of the universe. Remember how the whole Martian invasion started?

Not to mention that TECHNICALLY Nyarlathotep, "The Crawling Chaos" from the Cthulhu mythos hates and wants to kill the entire family because of something the Toboz mother did, back in the day. If Madness didn't seem to be a trait inherent in the family and the company they kept, I'd be pretty worried about getting close to them... those Cthulian entities can be pretty nasty.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:52 pm 

Quote:
I thought it was Pestilence. Yeah, the old guy retired in 1936, muttering something about Penicillin. Famine just moved on to diet books.

>.< Whoops. Once again I bow to your knowledge, good sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:06 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Quote:

>.< Whoops. Once again I bow to your knowledge, good sir.

Diet books, and the fast food/diet industry. Geh. Give me Death any day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm 

Quote:
Geh. Give me Death any day.

I can do that too!

*Janet lunges for a convenient phone booth, and emerges as Death! anthropomorphic cheerful goth girl personification of permanent body halt-age!*

Nah. *changes back*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:17 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Give me Death any day.

[eldritchcaps]ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?[/eldritchcaps]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:58 pm 

Well, good evening sir! Big fan of your work. Fancy a game of chess? Monopoly? Risk? XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:53 pm 

JaneTor, great minds think alike. I was just typing a post where alt-chic was going to gender switch some unsuspecting mads! But I like how you and Wally did it better.
Heh, and people though all they had to do was avoid the tray of mints to be safe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:56 pm 

The funny part? We didn't plan this. I just looked at her post, and asked myself what's the worst/funniest thing Wally could do right now. I'm glad it worked for you. Now I just have to find out how angry the Professor is, and who else was on the other side of that table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:10 pm 

Sometimes unplanned chaos is best. ^^

...Y'know, this might just be Emasculate David Toboz Day. Whoopsy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 pm 

Not to mention PO Andrew day. Yeesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 pm 

Actually, if I can recall, David was gone during the emasculation action. He literally missed most of it. At least, at the PARTY anyway...

In the main game, he's totally embarrassed. ESPECIALLY to be seen by Andrew like that. If he could have escaped without being seen, he would have.

...stupid project blue light and it's stupid embarrassments...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 pm 

Hah! Imagine if the roles had been reversed!! Andrew would have spontaneously transformed into a Dark Magical Girl, and figured out a way to summon an elderitch horror from the beyond with his staff. Then he would have STILL been angry enough to transform in front of David, who probably would have fainted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:13 am 

Rejected ideas for the Theme Costume:

-A "The World Ends With You" Theme: Considered mostly because I'm such a fanboy. With Nega-Tinker as Joshua (He could easily pull it off) David as Neku (He'd have a lot harder time pulling it off) Lady Drezebel as Shiki (The attitudes all wrong, but she could have gotten the look down) And Richard and Sarah as Beat and Rhyme (Richard couldn't pull Beat off, but Sarah'd easily be a great Rhyme) it would look pretty impressive. Plus, if I had managed to convince other people to go in costume as some of the villains, it would have been pretty awesome.

Rejected Because:
It's really obscure and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people involved in this game that's played it, so I don't know if it would have been totally awesome. Plus, if Lady D had been Shiki, she would have had to try and recruit Lagos or Frederic to be Mr. Mew, and there's no way that would have ended in anything OTHER than tears.

-Elfquest Theme: I hadn't really worked out who I would have wanted to be what characters, but it was at one point a decent possibility.

Rejected Because: Tempting, but I know myself well enough to know that it'd just be a bad idea. When I can't think of any obvious connections between characters from the theme and characters in the game, it's a good bet that I need to pick something different.

-The Melancholy Theme: I ended up with this one, but originally it was gonna be a bit different... in the sense that Andrew Tinker was going to be slated to play Haruhi (Somewhat unwillingly) and Desius was going to be in a similar situation as Mikuru, with David as Kyon and Lady D as Itsuki. I hadn't worked out a good idea for who would have played Yuki yet, but it probably would have been SiB still.

Rejected Because: Because at this point Andrew Tinker and Desius would have had to be REEEEAAAALLY stupid to accept a mint when one was offered. Plus, David as Kyon doesn't really work as well, and Lady D playing a male role (Not that she would be gender changed, she'd just have literally been a girl playing a guy part) doesn't quite jive with me.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 pm 

Yeah., Elfquest would have been trouble... but fun. I considered getting up a Mad tea Party Theme, but decided it was too much trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:12 pm 

You know, if Nega Tinker isn't fast enough to duck the glitter...I'm hearing bugs bunny."You realize of course this means war!"

Oh, and i've been updating the costume list on page two of this thread. If I miss anyone, or make a mistake, let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 pm 

I think you missed Elleb's costume.

Just to clairify, Michael used a device similar to a transporter: A translocater. It essentially functions as a short range teleporter that swaps the position of the target (Anything caught in the flash) with the person operating the cell phone.

It also takes a picture, meaning that he's got a picture of Chicgeek looking surprised on his phone.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
You know, if Nega Tinker isn't fast enough to duck the glitter...I'm hearing bugs bunny."You realize of course this means war!"

Oh, and i've been updating the costume list on page two of this thread. If I miss anyone, or make a mistake, let me know!

Wait, that hit Nega Tinker? Sorry, I missed that. Meh. I think he woulda ducked... besides, he has a Mario rampage to work on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:16 pm 

*glomps short purple-haired mad, starts counting cameos/references*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:02 pm 

Awww, I was hoping to revamp the Harley Quinn outfit before Janitor got out of it. But clothes are good. Second bump on the head and eternal humiliation? Not so much. (Alternate answer: Priceless.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 pm 

Sorry, JaneTor-I couldn't resist. I'm sure you'll extract a fiendish revenge. And think of all the debris you can scavenge. Pink glitter, Vladimer just tossed a crumpled up blaster, heck-I bet there's all kind of goodies to play with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:28 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Sorry, JaneTor-I couldn't resist. I'm sure you'll extract a fiendish revenge. And think of all the debris you can scavenge. Pink glitter, Vladimer just tossed a crumpled up blaster, heck-I bet there's all kind of goodies to play with.

Ho, yeah. More crumpled blasters than that- It;s implied they had som fistiecuffs.
And that really is the Viktor Code.
"Servo Heterodyne , Pulsus sursum Mongfish per incendia , nunquam sevre ceterus iterum."
Often shortened to 'Pulsus sursum per Incendia' for casual use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:02 am 
Heh heh heh.

Poor JanetTor. I have a feeling that Jane and Maria's 'tour' will stop by a goodly number of those little surprises that Chic and Jane wired up earlier in the evening...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:29 am 

Poor JaneTor indeed.

Lord knows what form he/she'll be in by the time the tour is over...

-Xin Yun

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next