Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

I think we can officially refer to this as a sort of Hazing- if she survives the night, she's in. XD
And he hasn'tt even MET Andrew yet... or should I say, *re*-met.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Twin mouths of fangs split into what humans mistook for grins- in the animal world, this was not what this meant. More accurately, it was a showing of teeth.
And they were both, otherwise, very the same. Both had taken a simple family trait- utter and complete loyalty- and applied it to their father in the same way the Jager applied it to the Heterodyne.
That is to say, dangerously, enthusiastically, absolutely, and woe betide the man who massed with his work.

Crap. I'd say that this was bad for Michael, except that he wouldn't have shown up at this event without some sort of plan regarding his potential demise.

Still, I'll admit this is an interesting turn of events.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
Twin mouths of fangs split into what humans mistook for grins- in the animal world, this was not what this meant. More accurately, it was a showing of teeth.
And they were both, otherwise, very the same. Both had taken a simple family trait- utter and complete loyalty- and applied it to their father in the same way the Jager applied it to the Heterodyne.
That is to say, dangerously, enthusiastically, absolutely, and woe betide the man who massed with his work.

Crap. I'd say that this was bad for Michael, except that he wouldn't have shown up at this event without some sort of plan regarding his potential demise.

Still, I'll admit this is an interesting turn of events.

*Grin* Aw, i just couldn't resist with the both of them there. Sotime, i;d like to go into Fredric loyalty- it has to do with his birth, and Andrew before the wars began, and with jager blood.
Besides, they need to fight *someone*. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:53 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Quote:
Sorry, JaneTor-I couldn't resist. I'm sure you'll extract a fiendish revenge.

Chic, it's probably a good thing it didn't happen. Going from a male Harley Quinn to a Red Lantern appeals to my comic book fangirl nature, but it just doesn't work with Janitor's personality, even with fiendish revenge burning in her mind. Those guys be crazy. Erm, okay, worse crazy.

Quote:
I think we can officially refer to this as a sort of Hazing- if she survives the night, she's in. XD

:shock:

That's it, where's Yongkusumo? He needs to join in! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:21 pm 

Yeah...where IS Yong? I figured he'd be pretty excited about getting in on the party.

Oh well. I'm sure he'll pop up eventually. And hopefully Desius will reappear soon enough. I miss seeing him around.

And in regards to Frederic and Freddy: Heh heh heh...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:54 pm 

Yeah, I miss ol' Desius, too. He'll probably pop up when we least expect it.
I'll offer him some punch. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:38 pm 

*grabs ze hazing paddle* wheeeeee!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:41 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Professor_Tinker wrote:

The Management is not responsible for any damage incurred -- to anyone involved -- as a result of this one. We will, however, resurrect anyone who needs it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm 

SoItBegins wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

The Management is not responsible for any damage incurred -- to anyone involved -- as a result of this one. We will, however, resurrect anyone who needs it.

Yeah, but you just KNOW it'll be a "Raise Dead" instead of a "Resurrection" and thus when they come back they'll lose a level.

I'm like, one of the two people in this game that'll get that, aren't I?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 pm 

If you're right, then I'm the other one. Woohoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:00 pm 

He's wrong. I'm a third. :D

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:14 pm 

If you mean D & D, I may be a fourth. :D
It's been a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:32 pm 

Fourth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm 
Heh heh heh.

...sorry? I think that joke flew over my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 pm 

It is indeed from DnD, and I'm surprised that so many people got it.

See, there's magic in those games to bring dead characters back to life. The most powerful of these is a "Resurrection" spell, or a "Miracle" spell, which are horrendously difficult to cast but also bring the character back as they truly are.

A "Raise Dead" Spell is easier to use, but less effective: it brings the character back but only in a weakened state. They can become what they once were again, but only after a lot of work.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm 

You shouldn't be so suprised, Zobot. Say it loud, we're geeks and we're proud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:05 pm 

Just being a geek doesn't mean that you know DnD.

Some of them only ever played Star Wars. Or Vampire. Or something else.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Just being a geek doesn't mean that you know DnD.

Some of them only ever played Star Wars. Or Vampire. Or something else.

I've *only* played DnD. Roll for San!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:45 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Hmmm... I guess this makes me a protogeek, then. I've never played any of those (or any others, except for the odd friendly game of MTG using someone else's deck of cards.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm 

M-my god. I just started reading Girl Genius an hour or two ago.

Plots within plots. Details within details. A truly excellent Mad Science story.

My whole evening is shot. Possibly more than that. This is the stuff that could inspire me for weeks.

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS SOONER?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 pm 

Welcome to the club!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:13 pm 

Ad you WONDER why so much of this stuff crept into my work here?! Lord almighty, it just gets WORSE after you REread it, trust me. Wheeeeeee!!
Plus, the significance of The Viktors (and Tinkers) being related to the Storm King will now be a little clearer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:06 pm 

Still reading... this is quite a prolific archive, if I do say so myself.

On the plus side, it's giving me a lot of ideas for things to do in future storylines of mad sci wars... heh heh heh...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Still reading... this is quite a prolific archive, if I do say so myself.

On the plus side, it's giving me a lot of ideas for things to do in future storylines of mad sci wars... heh heh heh...

Like giving out dynamite at Arkham.
On the plus side, some of Andrew and Fredric;s quirks make a lot of sense, including a 'thing' about mindcontrol...

Edit: Oh, Fredric. You ticking time bomb of temperament and ill-explained motivation- on that note, he in no way represents my view of current events. But, you know... no matter how affable they are, almost every character is, to use the medical term, freaking insane.
And Fredric is newly Mad, so he's on a *ahem* hare trigger.
(looooong buildup, baaaaad joke.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:11 am 

Fair enough. Plus you have to factor in that Michael's being an insufferable snot about things. He's not actually a TERRIBLE person, but he IS the sort that wouldn't even tell his friends about anything he didn't feel they needed to know.

I wanted the character to be a mix of condescension, patronization, courage, and cunning, with a dash of honor mixed in: If he says he'll do something he will, and he doesn't welch on an agreement or break his word. At least, not unless the other person does first.

Keep in mind the way he's acting doesn't mean he dislikes Frederic or Freddy in the slightest... but as has been previously noted, the Toboz family's always had a bit of a violent streak. Plus, he doesn't much like being grabbed and he especially doesn't much like being forced to spill secrets. Frederic caught him in a moment of weakness by being considerably more than he expected to handle, so he's responding by trying to get back to a position of strength.

It's apparently not working.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 am 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Keep in mind the way he's acting doesn't mean he dislikes Frederic or Freddy in the slightest... but as has been previously noted, the Toboz family's always had a bit of a violent streak. Plus, he doesn't much like being grabbed and he especially doesn't much like being forced to spill secrets. Frederic caught him in a moment of weakness by being considerably more than he expected to handle, so he's responding by trying to get back to a position of strength.

It's apparently not working.

Heh. Chalk it up to years of Hench work- it makes the Zeta's more unflappable than most of the cast. Erm, usually.
Plus, they *are* still not really very much human- Fredric's reaction was to grab him, so that he could tell where he was. Between rabbit and Jager, and needing glasses anyways he relies on scent. So if he was *holding* Micheal, he didn't need to worry he was going to sneak up on him.

Logic is nice and all, but it doesn't stand in for real thought. :D
But like Fredric points out, they've allready fought and yelled at each other. Thats usually how friendship starts out for a Tinker. (Jager+Sturmvoraus+Buncha !@$! Heroes= Weird terms for friend ship)

... you know, this brings the old jokes about Armshipping back to mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:08 am 

...no. God no. Just no.

That's a dark, dark place you're mentioning again, Tinker. The Arm shipping is dead! It's gone! And it's never coming back!

*shudders and considers going back into therapy for people whose brains have been broken by inappropriate romantic paring speculation.*

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 am 

Well, that;s true. Micheal isn;t really the arm- more like The Arms son. But we haven't seen enough of him to designate him a Fan-name... ArmSon?
So may I be the first to announce the possibility of- *gets tackled by men in black suits*

Dammit, not again! Lemmego!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 pm 

Fine... if you're going to be like that, then I should mention the disturbing connotations implied by Nega-Tinker dressing up as Bowser and kidnapping Andrew, who happens to be dressed up as Peach... you know, in most of those game's it's implied that Bowser's got a bit of a crush on her...

Good god... Andrew/Andrew shippings? I've spent too much time with the wrong sorts of people IRL. My mind's turning dirty.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:49 pm 

Please, *please* do not start Nega/Posi shipping. Because of course, next will come the cloneshipping, and then the timetravelershipping...

Hang on, I need to scrub out my brain.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next