Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:40 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Chic grins at the mad hefting the bottle, and says-"Janitor? The Janitor? hey, you wanna job?"

He blinks, confused. "Uh...really?"

"Sure-someone's gotta clean up Club Malevois after the party."

Wow, he did get a job out of coming here! And who knows what kind of debris a whole crowd of mads will leave behind!

Relaxing, he lowers the bottle. And the villanous looking mad punches him in the midriff. He bends over, clutching himself with an "oof!", as she slings her unconcious double over her shoulder.

"You're hired. And don't point any more guns at me. Even toy ones," Chic calls out over her shoulder.

She takes the stage again. "Hey, I'm beside myself!"
She does just a quick verse of a song.
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to,(Picks up harley's hand, has her rub her eyes)
Cry if I want to,
You would cry too,
If it happened to you!" (Grabs Harley by the back of the head, makes her nod vigerously)
The crowd laughs, and Alt Chic starts to open her eyes, prompting more laughter.
Chic grins. "Hey, you wanted to do a song together...."
Alt Chic grins, and commences to chase Chic off the stage. They zoom into the crowd, to applause.
Leaving a very confused JaniTor in their wake...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:56 pm 

-Richard-

"Now you die!" she said cheerily, then lunged forward...

Richard closed his eyes, his neck craning up. "That hurt, damn it!" He screamed as loud as he could.

...Then realized that he wasn't in any pain at all, and opened his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

David and Andrew escaped out of the pipe, entering the men's bathroom. After taking a few moments to change back into his original costume, David walked forward to open the bathroom door...

And found that behind it was a wall of some indeterminate dark material. He blinked. "Umm...Andrew? I think we missed something. We're kinda trapped in here... I think."

Then he heard the muffled sound of his brother shouting about something, a note of pain and fury in his voice. And David started pounding on the black wall, trying to force his way through in a futile gesture.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:17 pm 

Oh dear. "I-I just needed a distraction. I knew he owned the lands beforehand, but it's harder to justify a revolt against rightful owners than usurpers. Besides, I didn't actually mention Severtial or Dr. Entropy- you guys are probably the only ones who knew I was referring to real events."

"And hyu know all dis how?"

He's not going to let that go, is he? But I *can't* explain... "Um... trade secret? A good hench knows things?" I look up at him imploringly. "No one's planning on attacking Dr. Entropy, but... when someone takes over a country, even if it belongs to them, there are people who... want to know the details." I hope that's enough...

I really didn't plan on my first meeting with the Viktors being like this- I thought they'd like stories about themselves, but apparently I'm not supposed to know about half the details. Sigh.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 pm 

Rasputin thinks a moment, before smiling.

"Hokay, I ken accept dot." he asys pleasantly, shrugging.

"What? Really?" asks Claire, blinking in supprise.

"Sure! Hy undershtand- ve is Henchmen too, hyu know. Hy chust ken't be too careful... part of my job is makink shure dot no-vun iz atteking de country, dots all." he explained, knocking back a gulp of something fizzing and bubbling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 pm 

I smile back at him, relieved. "Oh, that makes sense. Don't worry- no one that I know of is going to attack." I order a Cyclotron from the bar- bubble-gum flavor, of course. He raises an eyebrow.

"I know what you're thinking- it's pink, glows in the dark, and tastes like pure sugar-" I take a big gulp. "-but it's not actually that bad." I hand it to him- I always wondered what a real jager would think of a Cyclotron, although he might prefer the electrified kiwi flavor or something.

He shrugs, and takes a gulp, then looks at me in surprise- sure, the bubble-gum flavored one tastes like pure sugar, but it's still pretty much pure rocket fuel. Except stronger. "What do you think? My uncle came up with it because he was tired of having me and my cousin out-drink him all the time."

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:59 pm 

-Richard vs. Death-

"That hurt, dammit!" Richard's eyes flew open, as he suddenly found himself able to move again. "W-what is this?" He looked up at the situation.

Standing in front of him, a knife impaled through her arm, was "Yuki."

Her face was expressionless, not even showing a hint of pain. Ryoko's eyes widened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

Trapped in the bathroom, David pressed against the black wall obscuring the door. He couldn't even think of a single idea to get through it. His brother was in danger and he couldn't help him.

"Some hero..." He felt himself slump to the ground. "Halloween sucks..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Elleb-

She rang discordantly, drowning her sorrows by soaking in the punchbowl, which had been refilled with margarita mix by the caterers. Little did she know that she was leaving pixie dust in the beverage as she lay there...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:20 pm 

Andrew pushed his glasses up his nose, eyes sparking slightly. He grabbed David by the one arm, hauling him to his feet.
"Oh, for- stand up! What;s the one most important rule of being a Hero?!" he demanded, mouth set in a stubborn line.

".... I don't know." David was still stuck in the feeling of helplessness, and he looked away slightly.

"You never, EVER give up!" said Andrew, turning toward the black wall.
His damn alternate had changed his outfit.... not that he had his Coat on, anyways. No notebook, no gadgets...
His mind raced. No equipment, impossible wall, family member in danger, his friend|loveintrest giving up hope.... he had about 84%Dramatic Tension going.
It would have to be enough.

He reached out, a sort of mild power gathering around him. One small sentence, one small... it was hard without the Notebook, like swinging a Hammer, he had to reach with pure brute force, had to find the... the keyboard
His hand closed around the Notebook.

David stared at Andrew as he opened his Notebook with a small click.
"Where... where did you...?"

"I put my hand out, and it was there." he said simply, sliding the pen out of it's spot on the spine, starting to Write.

"But it wasn't... was it?"

"No, it wasn't."

"For a moment it looked like..." but David never put together what it had looked like (had he heard clicking?) because Andrew opened the wall, forcing a gap to where his brother was.

"Whoo! That was a tough one. Come on David, hurry! I can only hold te suspension of disbe- I mean, the wall for long!"

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:32 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

"Um...ma'am, who is that?" Ingrid points to the ethereal figure of a small girl who had just recently been possessing her body.

"Oh, that's Sarah," Amino tells her, as if that is enough of an explanation. "Sarah, this is Ingrid. Ingrid, Sarah."

"Um, hello, Sarah," Ingrid greets her awkwardly.

"Hi, Ingrid! I'm really sorry I did that. It just all tasted so good..."

Ingrid frowns, confused. "Um...what did you do, exactly?" Ingrid asks, "And why do I have a strange craving for caramel?"

"She possessed you so she could eat some candy," Amino tells her.

"I'm sorry. I just never had candy before." She pouts at Ingrid.

"Um, well, apology accepted, I guess. Just, please don't possess me again It feels weird."

"You know, Ingrid," Amino reprimanded her, "She wouldn't have possessed you if you were wearing your tinfoil hat like I told you to."

Ingrid sighs as Sarah giggles. "Sorry, ma'am."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 pm 

He's still looking at me oddly. "Ohlooksomeone'sattackingMisterToboz'sbrotherI'mgoingtogowatch!" I quickly slip through the crowd. What the heck was I thinking? I guess I just wanted to show that I could do more than 'damsel in distress,' but I'm not going to impress a jager with a strong drink. Sigh. I really did want to get on good terms with the Viktors- super-evil, skillful Mad henchmen. And that evil grin Mister Rasputin has-

Oh- knives! Wow, that looks like it hurt. Yuki is so cool. I wonder why-

Mister Toboz and Mister Tinker? Man, warping reality looks like fun. Of course, I'm not sure how two Heroes are going to react to the large number of sharp objects...

Drat. The refreshment table's out of popcorn.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 pm 

"So, Vhat did hyu tink of her?" asked Vladimir, glancing at his brother.

"Goot, schmot. Goot mind for detail- nize choice in drinks. Hy tink if ve ever need to sub-kontract, ve schould kall her."

"...den vy hyu not drinkink?"

"Hyu remember vat heppened last time i hed sugar? Took us days to get de tower back up, und Hy don' tink dat de Prime Minister ever really accepted de apology."

"Fft. Sissy."

"Hain't!" after a glowering stare, he chucged the drink, knocking it back in one gulp. He smacked his lips slightly, blinking.

"Dat's pretty goot. Too back de blubirt vatsaeed feesh exident big het- Goot day!" *wham!*

Vladimir blinked, glancing at the prone form of his brother.

"Boy can drink alcohol meant for artillery, but he sweets? Gott en himmel..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 am 

Wally sat down next to Elleb, conveniently facing away from the spectacle behind him. "Hey, I warned you that pirates cheat. Besides, I think there's a song you'd like to sing."

"Are you making fun of me? I can't sing your silly tongue, human."

"Yeah, just like that, except a little happier and less like I'm going to kill you. I mean, I know you don't sing English, but I think it'd be fun to sing along for accompaniment. What do you say?"

"I suppose it wouldn't be too bad."

"Great. I've got some songs in mind, but you can pick the first one. Just point it out in the book, okay?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 pm 

Janitor can't breathe. Well, it's not so much that he can't breathe as he's afraid for the state of his bladder. He's already subjected the poor thing to two liters of gender-bending punch, not to mention a more physically-destructive punch from the mysterious hostess... Urg.

He stumbles towards the men's restroom, but he recognizes the signs of Something He Does Not Want to Get Into, and swerves into the ladies' restroom instead. Unsurprisingly, he's greeted by a bristling of guns from the occupants.

He pulls out the duck-call gun again. "The men's restroom's occupied," he explains. It's only kind of a lie. "Just let me use one of the stalls -"

"Or what, you'll quack us to death?" One of the women steps forward, armed with a propulsion cannon. The others laugh appreciatively. "We've seen that gun in action. You've got nothing."

"Fine, fine!" he carefully puts the gun back in his pocket and raises his hands. "But if you saw that, then you also know that I'm really a woman."

"Do we?" the leader asks. Feral grins all around. They let him worry a bit, and then the leader says, "All right. That stall's open." She gestures with the gun. Janitor walks in, and quietly shuts the door behind him. When he reemerges, the women haven't moved.

"Well, it's been fun," he says, scrubbing his hands as fast as he can. "Maybe I'll see you next Halloween!"

"Of course. Dr. Gluon says hello, by the way."

Janitor can't leave quickly enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Richard stood there, not quite believing his eyes, as Yuki stood in front of him, having grabbed the knife in midswing. She spoke, emotionless as ever.

"There are flaws in your program. Your data shutdown and spatial blockades are faulty. It is how I detected you, why I was allowed inside."

Ryoko kept up the cheery tone, almost as if she knew no other feelings. "You'll stop me? But if I kill this human, Haruhi Suzumiya is bound to do something interesting! It's the only way for us to acquire more information!"

Yuki began forcing the knife down. "You are supposed to be my backup unit. You are not permitted to act on your own. You will obey my orders."

"What if I said no?"

"Your data link will be terminated," said Yuki.

Ryoko didn't move. "Would you like to try?" she said. "In here, I have the upper hand. This classroom is a space where I control the data."

Yuki ignored her, shifting her grip on the knife. "Commence request for data link termination."

The knife disintegrated in Ryoko's hand. Shocked, she flipped backwards, landing some distance away.

Richard hadn't moved, though to anyone watching on the party side of the field (which was clear on that side to let people look in) would have been able to practically hear him thinking, What have I got myself into?!

Extending her hand, Ryoko sent forth a massive blast of energy. Yuki simply stood there as the blast, and the ones following it, hit an invisible wall. Grabbing Richard, Yuki said "Stay behind me," and dragged him onto the floor. A second later, the blasts stopped.

Ryoko spoke again. "You cannot defeat me while we're in this space," she said. Yuki responded with a string of high-speed sound, which finished with "24xoixz_Hostile Interface Name: Ryoko Asakura. Terminating data links to organic life form."

Ryoko blurred towards Yuki, still smiling. "I'll stop your functions before that happens!"

Richard began to get up, as if to move forwards, but Yuki floored him again with a massive roundhouse kick. Ryoko smiled. "How long will you last if you're protecting him while fighting me?" she asked, launching five 6-foot metal blades at Richard.

Yuki saw the blades, crossing space in a blur right as--

**SPLCK**

Yuki stood in front of Richard, looking at him, all 5 blades sticking half-in, half-out of her chest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:27 pm 

Richard gasped. "Yuki..."

"Yuki" looked down at him. "There is no need for you to move. I am fine." She reached up and removed one of the metal rods, which shifted and reverted back into a chair.

Richard winced. She didn't look fine at all.

"Rick!" He turned his head for a moment, to see his brother rush into the room from what appeared to be nowhere.

"Ryoko" raised an eyebrow. "No outsiders." A chair flew out of nowhere, smacking into David's head and sending him sprawling backwards, back through the hole in the wall he had came from. The hole shuddered and gradually closed, as "Ryoko" shifted her attention back to "Yuki". "Now that you've suffered so much damage, you won't be able to interfere with other data." She began to raise her arms up over her head. "Well, I'll finish it." Lowering them, they erupted into radiant columns of bright white matter, which bent as they hit the floor.

"Now you die!"

Raising them up, she flung her arms forward, whipping out and solidifying into two large, metal poles which impaled "Yuki" through the chest, her body hanging in the air. With a gasp, Yuki feebly raised up her hand and set them on the poles.

Richard's eyes were wide. It looked like this was the end...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

Just as Andrew lost his hold over the forces keeping a hole open in the barrier, David was sent flying back in, blood leaking from his nose. He collided with one of the bathroom sinks, causing a sickening thumping sound, and slumped to the floor. He struggled to lift his head. "B-brother..."

His eyes closed as he passed out, unconscious but fortunately not badly wounded.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 pm 

Andrew dropped the notebook, the hole in the wall closing with a snap.

Dammit, he had better be *right* about this... it had been *forever* since he read the book... he was pretty sure he remembered how it ended.
For now- David. That, and writing up his @#$!! *word too foul to even be represented by symbols* clothing.

A quick flurry of writing- just pants and a shirt, he;d think of a costume later, and a thermos of Coffee.

In a few minutes, David would be fine... he just hoped the same was true for his brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 pm 

Jess saunters over to the bar, just in time to see Rasputin topple over. She blinks-a Viktor that can't hold their liquor? She nods at Vladimer.
"Yo, Viktor. Will he be out for a while?"
"Ha! Hyu jokink, right?"
"Let me rephrase that-will he be out long enough for us to prank him?"
They exchange evil grins...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 pm 

As Jess and Vladimir get the Prank set up, Vladimir explains.

"Eets not de drink, it vos de sugar."

"What? I don't get it."

"De Sucrose- schort 'm out. Funny Genome, ve tink."

"... misplaced genome."

"Sure. Hyu know, ve vos de 'Beta' schtage uf de Tinker projeck. Zumddink vos bound to go odd. For Rasputin, it vos a fev veird reactions to foodstuff- too much sucrose does dis, Ginsink makes him hyper, ond too much vitamin C makes him hyper."

"No kidding? What about you?"

" Heh! None hyu buisness. Vell... maybe it don' hurt for hyu know- Hy'm a liddle kolor- not blind, but amaybe... see too much? Yah, dots it. Aboff Red ond Purple. No vun else sees it...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm 

Jess and Vladimer work quickly. They've used empty bottles from the bar, shot glasses, beer steins, margarita glasses, tumblers-like building a house of cards. Or playing jenga-but with glass. Whistling cheerfully, Jess carefully balances a particularly dainty one on the top. Vladimir grins, and starts filling them with the pink glitter.
Rasputin's still form has been engulfed by the structure. He'll have to move very carefully indeed when he wakes up, or it will all come crashing down.
"Heh! Even if he's not afraid of broken glass, that glitter's sticky."
"Hyu heff an evil mind, Jess."
"Why, thank you. Oh, you should have seen some of the stuff me and your kid got up to."
"Ah? Sooch as?"
"Oh, there's plenty. We'll embarass her later, okay?"
"Hy'll hold hyu to that. Ah, he's vaking up. Hey, Raspotin! Hyu gonna snooze de party avay?"
Rasputin stirs-and some sixth sense warns him to keep still. He slowly blinks his eyes, and sees...pink?
Cyclotron pink.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 pm 

Aw, Mister Toboz isn't allowed to fight too? I guess that means there's nothing to do but watch Yuki get stabbed a lot. Neh. I wander back to the bar and get another Cyclotron, just in time to hear Mister Vladimir explain Mister Rasputin's inability to tolerate sugar. Oops. That explains a lot.

Pink glitter? This I have to see. I wonder if Miss Chicgeek will let me have a copy of the video for the party?

I sit at the bar, sipping my drink as he starts to wake up...

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 am 

Rasputin blinks once, twice. He can feel weight- delicate, structured weight on his prone form. smells- Glass, something artificial, alcho-
Ah, the party. Sounds- his brother, laughing and.... woman- now man, laughing. Chimera, yes?
Oh, that did *not* bode well. Taste- augh, sugar. Two drinks and he;s seven again- brother dares him, he does it. Again, not good.

"<You realize I'm going to kill you, right?>" English... too hard. Right now, anyways.

Jess blinks, tilting her head.
"Is that German? Because I thought I could understand German."

"Sort uf. Iz de Old Tongue- pipple call it Jaggerspeak sumtimes- Poppa spoke et at home. <Yes, but it sooo worth it. You know you're eye twitches when you're mad?>"

Rasputin glares, well aware of this fact.
"<Right. Killing you. Badly. To death, even.>" slowly, slowly, head tilting- he can see the glitter, now- until miraculously, he is up, in a half-crouch.
And debating whether to just pluck the stuff off of him, or to lean in such a manner that it falls on his treacherous twin.
Decisions, decisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:52 am 
Hyperkeeper

Emotionless as ever, Yuki raised up her hand and set them on the poles. "It's over," she said.

Richard's eyes were wide. It looked like this was the end.

"What's over?" Ryoko wanted to know. "Do you mean your life for the past three years?"

"No," said Yuki. "Commence termination of data link."

Suddenly, the space around them began to disintegrate, giving way to a flat, featureless desert. The poles in Yuki's chest began to vanish, fading into sparkles of light. "It can't be--" said Ryoko.

"You were an advanced interface. That is why it took so long to hack into this time-space program. But it's over now," said Yuki with finality, as the poles disappeared and Ryoko herself began to vanish instead.

"You modified your program with a detonation element, didn't you? I thought you seemed weak, but that explains it. That's the reason you used all of your attack data when we started to fight," said Ryoko. "Oh, this is a shame. I guess I really was just a backup interface."

She paused for a second.

"I thought this was my big chance to get something to finally happen around here. I guess I lost!"

Her form was starting to vanish, beginning from the legs and traveling upwards. She turned her attention to Richard.

"Aren't you happy you get to keep living?" she said, still cheerful. "But please be careful, though-- the Data Integration Thought Entity has more interfaces that are just like me! Someday, you might also meet another interface that also seeks radical change. Or perhaps the one pulling Nagato's strings will change his mind."

Only Ryoko's head was left by now. She kept talking. "Till then, enjoy your life with Miss Suzumiya. Goodbye!" she finished with a giggle, as her head dissolved into myriad points of light.

Nagato fell over onto her side. Richard started."Yuki! Hang on, I'll get some help!"

"No," said Nagato. "My physical injuries are not critical. This space needs to be corrected before I do anything else. The corrupt data must be removed and the club area rebuilt."

Suddenly, with a powerful explosion, the desert vanished, to be replaced by the lost area of the club, as it was before anything had happened. All that was left was Richard, kneeling on the ground, 'Nagato' lying before him.

Immediately, everyone in the club burst out in a loud storm of applause. Then, it happened.

From thin air, points of light re-coalesced, emerged... and formed into SoItBegins. Or alt-SoItBegins. It was impossible to tell. He bowed to the crowd. "Thanks, folks, you've been a wonderful audience."

Richard remained kneeling there, dumbstruck, as 'Yuki' got to her feet and took a bow as well. Finally, he couldn't bear it any more. At the top of his voice, he yelled "Would someone please tell me what in the Hell is going on??!?!!

~~~

Richard had allowed himself to be led off to a corner by alt-SiB. Now he was discovering the truth.

"Staged?! What do you mean, staged?!"

"Like I said. It's based on a fight scene from an anime known as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Your girlfriend, Lady Drezebel, also known as Haruhi Suzumiya for the duration of the party, thought it might be fun to tweak you around a bit, so she suggested this to this world's me (that's her over there, playing the part of Yuki) and myself. I think it went off pretty well."

"But... but... knife... impaled... that was all fake?!"

"Well... no. That was real. I can survive a few measly metal rods being pushed through my body-- it's not like I'd get killed or anything. As for you, you weren't in any danger whatsoever."

"I......."

"If you'll excuse me? I kinda have to get back into character now, so I'll leave you to talk to your girlfriend about it. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to explain."

Then, shuddering, alt-SoItBegins walked away, shuddering as his body was rewritten, first to a 'transition figure' of gray metal, then into the form of the cheerful, blue-haired psycho alien schoolgirl robot who had just scared Richard out of his wits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:39 am 

He's not going to knock it all down by accident? Darn. I wanted to see what he looked like covered in pink glitter.

"Excuse me, miss? I couldn't help but hear about the plight of your country, and I want you to know that I'm here to save you and your people!"

Oh, no. Not more of these idiots. I look at him. He's striking a dramatic pose. There aren't any traps right there. Apparently the whole 'Heterodyne Boys skit' was completely lost on him. Lovely.

He rushes forward and grabs my hand-

And trips, sending him flying straight towards Mister Rasputin and the pyramid of pink glitter. Not my fault. Really.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:18 pm 

Rasputin hears the noise, and reacts. No time todo this subtle-like anymore.
Up, backstep twist und- PUSH.
*WHAM! CRASH! TINKLE-BREAK! SMASH!*

Rasputin dusts his hands off, and cracks his neck, sitting down at the bar.
"Glash uv Vater, please." he asks calmly, tossing a smirk back at his big Brother and Jess.

"Hyu know, dot vas a dirty trick." grumbled Vladimir, brushing at the glitter now coating his chest. At least most of the glass hit dot eediot what tripped at heem.

"Nice twist, though." remarked jess, picking some wire out of his hair.

"Yah, hyu learn dot growing up mit me, hy guess. Vant to help me toss dis joker to de ceiling spiders?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 pm 

Jess grins-"Sure, let me shift a little."
She bulks up a bit, and grabs the poor sap's ankles. She and Vladimir commence to swing him.
"Vun! Two! Und..go!"
"AIIEEE!!"

They gravely shake hands, and Jess returns to her party form(s). Heh. Maybe the Viktor's aren't miffed about Minsk anymore. Nah-why would they be?

Minerva can't hold it in anymore-she's cracking up. And the glower on his face just makes her giggle more.
"I'm not so sure that's your color, dearheart." She wipes a few stray twinkles off his eyebrow. "My, this is sticky glitter, isn't it?"
"Bah."

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm 

-Richard and Lady Drezebel-

"Haruhi" had been bouncing around the crowds, acting irritated at the mundanity around her and occasionally dragging people off to forcefully recruit them for ridiculous ideas or odd projects. At the immediate moment, she had cornered Nega-Tinker (Who had rejoined the party) as well as Anti-Wally, along one side of the room, and was taking pictures of the two of them wearing headbands with bunny ears sprouting out of them. She suddenly became aware of someone breathing just behind her. She turned and smiled. "Oh, hello "Kyon"! Don't our guests here look cool?" She waved out to Nega-Tinker and Anti-Wally, who were both seriously considering why they had went along with this idea in the first place.

Richard's teeth were grit. "I will destroy you." He practically snarled at her.

"...in bed. Heh heh heh." Lady D gave him a grin and looked up. She dropped her act for a moment. "Really, my scalpel, what's the matter?"

"I was just accosted by a homicidal psychopathic knife-wielding mad...man...woman...thing and witnessed someone else get impaled several times, and then I was informed the whole thing had been your idea!"

Lady Drezebel turned. "Oh, did 'Yuki' and 'Ryoko' finish already? Curses... I really wanted to see that."

Richard narrowed his eyes. "And why was I not informed of this little stunt?"

"Well, I-" Lady Drezebel became aware of movement behind her. She turned around to find her two models missing. "Oh shoot! They got away!" She scowled and turned around, crossing her arms. "Well, I was going to tell you...but I just forgot, I guess?" She waved her arm dismissively. "It's not like you were in any danger anyway. The SiB's bodies make them able to narrowly miss a target by a matter of nanometers."

"You STILL should have told me! I didn't need the gray hairs the surprise caused." Richard crossed his arms now.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm Mad, sweetie. It's not like this is the first time I've gotten you into some sort of danger against your will."

"Yes, but it is the first time it's happened without you at least telling me what's coming!"

She blinked. "Really? You've kept TRACK?" She considered for a moment. "I mean, I know I was trying to keep myself under control around you, but... wow. I mean, given my track record, I would have expected it to be a lot worse by now."

Richard let out a long sigh. He was furious with her. But it wasn't the right place, nor the right time to allow himself to get angry. So he just turned away and started to walk off. "You're sleeping on the couch tonight." He announced, without the slightest bit of doubt in his voice.

Lady Drezebel giggled. "My sweet scalpel, the night *I* sleep on the couch is the night hell freezes over as a result of a dramatic increase in the population of flying swine along the river Styx!"

-An hour or two after the party had ended, in the infernal realms...-

Eric Tinker was making the most of existence within the realm of eternal torment, when suddenly he felt a strong chill. Turning around, his eyes widened at the sight: Ice was creeping over the hellfire and brimstone, freezing everything, as pigs with wings flew everywhere in a wild panic.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:55 pm 

Nega Tinker took the opprotunity to duck back into the crowd, ditching the bunny ears.
He wasn't sure just where Zobot had gotten to.. he had a few words to say bout being crammed into a Yoshi Egg and left at the Mercy of Lady Drezebel. Ugh.

Spotting him in the crowd,he stormed up to him, eyes flashing menacingly.
"I *hope* you have some way to make up for that." he hissed.

"The Yoshi egg?" Zobot was hardly shaken- he got the same look in his eyes when someone left a window open, really.

"No!! Drezebel, damn your hide."

"Oh, that... please, I've done worse. If you were going to get really mad at me, it would be over that."

"I'm in a @#$! pin up with m cousin's boyfriend- sabotaging my time machine was nothing compared to this. And don't look so damn smug."

"Why not?"

"I'm sending her pictures of you from my private collection." he snapped, smirking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:01 pm 

Hee hee! That didn't work quite the way I expected, but the look on his face when the spiders attacked him! At least most of them are leaving me alone now- the reasonably intelligent ones seem to have caught on.

And Mister Vladimir is covered in pink glitter. Mister Rasputin certainly moves quickly. I bet he's an amazing fighter, too. The stories I've heard!

Hmm...

I grab my drink and jump down from the bar stool. Scanning the room... there! I wander over to where Fredric's trying to explain to some guy that he's not interested in joining a Superhero League. He looks familiar.

The man looks at me, turns white, and stammers a bit. "W-well why don't you th-think about it and get back to me. I'm going to go over there and NOT rescue anyone for a bit."

Fredric raises an eyebrow. "I don' suppose you know what caused that?"

"I think I dropped him down a pit trap."

"Probably, but still-"

"Six times."

"Ah. Havin' fun?"

"Yeah. Mister Nega-Tinker's really awesome. And I met your uncles. They have good costumes, by the way. But I was wondering- what are they like normally? All the stories I know are about them working." They're pretty much the best henchmen ever. I want to know as much about them as possible.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:32 pm 

Fredric thinks, leaning against a wall and sipping his soda- no booze until he's at least thirteen. His Uncles, huh?

"Well, They;re good guys. Uncle Vladimir is enthusiastic, and a fast talker. 'E likes to 'ave fun, 'n joke around- 'es kinda like Da, like 'es got a soft heart. Uncle Rasputin is quiet, but really smart- 'e can explain most anything so far as I know. 'Es good to talk to. They're both really fond of Da, an' a the rest of the family." he said, shrugging slightly.
He's heard the stories, and everything... but to him they're his goofy uncles, very removed from the sinister henchmen from the stories.

"I mean... they diddn't get ta know their little brothers for a long time, so they try to make up for lost time." he adds, glancing at Nega Tinker dodging through the crowd- chased by Nega David. Sheesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm 

"Wow."

He chuckles. "Impressed, huh? They're really not that bad once ya get ta know 'em. Why ya askin'?"

"Well, it's one thing to know you're related to the Viktors, but it's another thing to see them here. I mean, I've been hearing about since I was little, and now I finally met them! It's exciting! I bet they know everything about being henchmen, *and* they're Mad, *and* they're really amazing Villains!"

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:04 pm 

He paced his room. He moved a though a broken peice of clockwork, all stops and sudden movement, a unnatural disturbing sight.

Samhien. All Hallows Eve. Halloween. The Eve of All Saints.
His night.

Eric thought he was so smart. Finding a way to keep him chained by letting him go free. And yet, in his freedom he was powerless. His Network was closed, his Brilliance fettered, and his Voice blunted.

"But still..," he snarled as he paced, slipping the straightjacket free and tossing it into the corner, "the night is still young."
He smiled, glancing curiously at the locks covering the door. Did he think these could hold him? Him? Who shared the same skills as his erstwhile host?
But before he started his inevitable escape, one sparkling jewel of thought held his interest.
He... 'remembered', such as it was, through the foggy lens of his cage, that the coward had been invited to a party.
Oh, he hoped he hadn't missed it.
He whistled to himself as he planned.
What was that line?
He grinned to himself as he whispered, looking into the mirror. "What a horrible night to have a curse."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next