Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:03 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

As he walked inside, David just missed the ravenges of the spilled drink and it's biological alterations. However, he DID happen to see Andrew leap on the table, demanding an antidote.

He approached carefully, looking at the man respectfully. "Ah..Andrew...what's got you so bent out of shape? Is it because you're female right now?" He was guessing that was it. It wasn't like it was hard to notice the switch. Andrew as a girl looked a lot different than Andrew as a guy. "Admittedly, you're much cuter as a boy, but I don't really see the need to be so put out about it." He smiled and gently tried to tug the man down before he hurt himself. The Earl Grey tea he had sampled earlier was definately exerting an affect of it's own on the lad: he was quite relaxed and calm through the entire thing. In fact, he felt quite at peace with existance and the world around him. It really had been VERY good tea. "Come on. I promise I'll help you find a way to change you back. It's nothing worth rampaging over, see?" He smiled warmly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, she detected the chaos in the air before she detected the people. Chaos commonly drew creatures of myth near, (as did cupcakes for fairies) so Elleb managed to get to the club very quickly, leaving a trail of bright glitter behind her as she went.

She was in costume, of course, but oddly enough, for a fae at least, it was completely mundane: No magic involved. Of course, she was doing that because she wanted to not wear herself out tonight, and magic was hard, but still...

Bright red feathers covered her arms and legs, tied with string to them. She was garbed in a resplendent white dress which seemed to look different to each and every person who glanced at her. And her hair floated and drifted around behind her, always appearing favorable regardless of her situation.

She wasn't merely in costume, she was quite literally the goddess of all sparrows. It was a great idea for a costume, at least she thought so... it had either been that or to go as a Kelda of the Nac Mac Feegle, and she wasn't very fond of the idea of hiding her wings.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Yuki Nagato stood off to one side as the table exploded, pausing only to state "Amusing," in her flat, emotionless voice. Raising a hand, she sent a mental command, and the table began to reform, the mess coalescing to become food and drinks again.

Once more, the buffet table stood intact, treats beckoning invitingly (literally, in a few cases.) With one small difference. This time, the punch bowl was fixed to the table, and JN's remote had an extra button, which could make the bowl spray a jet of its contents at anyone unsuspecting who might stand before it.

Had SiB not been playing a nearly emotionless character, she would have smiled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:34 pm 

His deary? Heh. I think I have a pretty good guess who that is. The Nega-verse isn't that far from us, after all. Pity about Mister Tinker, though.

"Well, aren't you lucky." I smirk. 'My deary would kill anyone' unless they killed him first, of course- I think Mister Nega-Tinker's a bit more fond of his deary than he wants me to think.

He glares at my smirk. "Well, what about you?"

"What?"

"Are you a prude?"

"Well..." I guess I've never really thought about that. "In college I used to go into tests just in my underwear. It helped with the curve. What do you think?" Although I guess I don't date anyone. Guys usually tend to run away screaming fairly quickly.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm 

Andrew blinked, broken out of his furious ranting. He looked down at David, blushing underneath the scarf around his face.
"You... can tell the difference?" he said dumbly, stepping down docilely from the table.
There was a collected sigh of releif from the crowd as Andrew calmed down.

"Well, sure. Why wouldn't I?" said David.

"Most people can't... um, thank you." he said shyly.

Nega Tinker snorted slightly, nudging Claire.
"See what I mean? Any day now I expect to hear about him getting kidnapped by a gorilla wearing a tie."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:03 pm 

I snort too. "Yeah, I know what you mean. But it looks like he's *got* a Hero to rescue him. Innocent guy kidnapped, Heroic rescue, kiss as the castle explodes, everyone's happy. Heck, Mister Toboz is pretty naive too; they'll probably rescue each other." I pause for a moment, thinking. "Want to get my Mister Tinker a pink dress and an umbrella?"

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:40 pm 

Nega Tinker grinned chillingly.
"I like the way you think. I don't suppose you'd be interested in a position of power in an alternate universe's despotic reign of terror?"

"Sorry, I'm working for Jane Narbon right now."

"Damnation. Oh, well. Let's see, I just have to get a permit from the Primes, and the rest's easy. Warp tunnels, some pocket universe space... I haven't designed a decent ice level since the decibel with those damn robots." he said delightedly, already planning and plotting.
Sure, back at home he was a ruthlessly efficient Dictator, but that was what torment his Good self was all about. relaxing with some classic Super Villian nonsense.

"Wait, you have a despotic reign?" asked Clair, cottoning on slightly.

"Uh-huh. Heck, I re-named the Falkland Islands 'Penguin-Land' last week, just to mess with the British."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:07 pm 

Nifty. I like Mister Nega-Tinker. I wonder if Mistress is going to go for a despotic reign of terror any time soon. Back to the plan, though.

"Let's see, there's a pocket universe of about the right side at, umm..." I close my eyes, trying to remember. "Coordinates (7, 12, 8, 6, 51) using this universe as the origin, with the standard right-hand rule for dimensional increase and metric units. It's got a redirect-lock for the dimension with the alligators, but the passcode's 'C31H42N2O6.'" He looks at me skeptically. "Mad who liked to universe-hop. How do you think I recognized you as an alternate? You learn what to look for after a while."

"I... see. How do you know this Mad isn't going to be using the dimension?"

I grin. "Trade secret. I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you. All that nonsense. Anyway, you're a Reality Warper, right? Can you do timeflow? If you set up the ratio right in the dimensional portal, we'll have time to build the entire thing before the end of the party. I'm not sure how long it will take to build something like this, but if we do a couple hundred daypers, we should be able to finish in a few minutes of party time, plus however long it takes to build and calibrate the portal in the first place. I can do the calibration- the same Mad liked to mess with timeflow, and I got a pretty good feel for different rates."

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 am 

Alt-Chic adjusts her white mask. Wonder who that mad was supposed to be she thwapped over the head? All in white-some kind of hero, maybe? Eh, who cares? now for some fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

(a bit earlier)

Janitor shouldn't be amused, but is. Oh he is. Despite the fact that half of the gender-switched guests have focused on him as well as Wally. Guilt by association is apparently punishable by being shot at.

Wally is otherwise occupied, too busy protecting himself against a mirror image of himself, who apparently has dressed to inspire even more confusion than the original.

I guess I'm on my own then. Janitor reaches inside his jacket. He's got a gun now, made primarily out of an annoying kid's Legos. He has no idea what it does. Yet. Janitor can't stop smiling.

"There is a biologist here, more than one. An antidote. NOW."

Eeek. He's not going up against that. The grin fades.

"All right, get outta here," he whispers to the dust mites. "And thank you." They are only too happy to comply, leaving the garbage behind to improve invisibility. A few will probably stick around anyway, because where there's humans, there's dead skin cells. Also, where there's mads, there's irradiated, mutated dead skin cells. He doesn't understand the appeal, but dust mites - especially those in mad households - crave the stuff.

Janitor leaves the gun in his jacket and makes a hasty retreat behind tables. When he thinks he's far enough away, he stands up and acts nonchalant.

Someone mistakes nonchalance for haplessness and hits him over the head.

Janitor wakes up in the restroom, dressed in red-and-black spandex. And there's a a floppy bit on either side of the head. And... it's a bit too revealing for his current gender?

"GAH! My costume!" He shakes his fist. "My gun! - I should probably think up alternatives to leaving my things in my jackets. Disarmed again. Curse you, stealer of costumes!"

Someone giggles. Janitor realizes there's a reason why the restroom didn't set off warning bells - if he were still of the female persuasion he'd be in the right one.

"Uh, hi," he says to the advancing women. "I'll just be going now."

"You know, I'm usually a woman!" he yells as a few death beams chase him out the door.

On the plus side, it should be easy enough to spot his missing costume. But first, it's garbage time. Heheheh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 am 

The man once known as the Zobot Arm chuckled. These days he much preferred to be known as Michael. It was a suitable name, with religious affiliations which much suited his admitted god complex. Walking forward, he entered Club Malevois, and smiled.

Of course he wasn't going to miss one of the hottest events of the year. New body, new identity... not to mention the costume. No one would recognize him under all these layers of disguise, not even Dr. Dana Amino (Who, admittedly, was the only person who had even SEEN his clone body, since she had made it. He really had to get around to killing her so that she couldn't squeal about it, but he was just too busy these days. Too many other projects)

The costume. He ran a comb through long, tangled gray locks of hair and chuckled. Granted, going as Joshua was a bit obscure, but the attitude suited him, as did the age. When he had requested that Dr. Amino use the Genetic structure of a preexisting mad to clone him a "blank" body, he had no way of knowing that she would have used the humanoid form of Frederic Tinker. It had been a happy accident, even if neither of them could have possibly known that Frederic was mad back then. For that matter, he was slightly impressed that she had even GOTTEN some DNA from that wretched lapin without him noticing. Of course... the added Jaeger traits, as well as Frederic's particular brand of "resilience" meant that he wasn't going to complain.

He squared his shoulders and stood up. There was no way anyone was going to notice him in this chaotic crowd. With gray hair and gray eyes, clad in a whitish-gray button-up shirt and blackish-gray pants, he definitely looked to be one of the more mundane figures here. He gave a condescending chuckle as he sampled some of the cake on the table.

Tonight was going to be interesting indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David smiled as he took Andrew's hand and helped him down. "Of course I can tell the difference." He smiled, feeling completely at peace with life, the universe, and everything. It was, after all, a wonderful thing. He closed his eyes, leading Andrew effortlessly through the crowd, bobbing and weaving fluidly so that they never so much as contacted another person. Had he been in a different state of mind, David would have been surprised he could move so effortlessly. But for the moment he felt naught but enlightenment. The tea sloshed through his digestive system as his body metabolized it.

It had really been very good tea. Or at the very least, very POTENT tea.

If he had been in another state of mind, he might have remembered that none of the tigers had had any.

Claire suddenly felt something pounce on her from behind, wrapping strong arms around her. She turned around. It was "Haruki", who happened to be grinning madly. "Mikuru! Come on, we're going to get you changed into one of the other outfits I brought for you! I'm thinking we'll use the Maid one for right now... we're not going to draw out any aliens, time travelers, or espers with you just looking like that!" She smiled as she tugged on Claire's costume, trying to remove it.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:41 am 

"Waaaaaah!" I squeeze my eyes shut as 'Hikuru' yanks on my costume.

"Oh, fine. You can change somewhere less crowded." She starts to drag me away. Mister Nega-Tinker is laughing. Darn it! He was just about to explain the best way to put together fire-spitting lava traps. "You're our Alluring Mascot! We need you to look your best!"

Please, not more of those time travelers. "Waaaaaah!"

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 pm 

Francine giggles, which is a very disconcerting sound in her male form. No one will recognize him now! There's a tap on his shoulder.
"Hey, Me."
"Oh. You would recognize me. And call me Francine. Er, maybe Frank while I'm gender swapped?"
Chic grins. "You don't seem too bent out of shape over it. So, why are you dressed as Pollution?"
"Is that what this is? What movie is that from? And, really, ever since you and I started hanging around with the Narbons....Caine makes a cute girl. When he's not being a cowboy dinosaur viking cannibal at the same time , of course."
Chic raises an eyebrow. "TMI, other me, TMI. And Pollution's not from a movie, it's from a book. Good Omens?"
Francine, er, 'Frank', shrugs. "Never heard of it."
They get to talking. "So, you like movies, and live on electrified tea and take out."
"You're a bookworm, who likes electrified coffee and cooking."
"Both gageteers."
"And we both like a little chaos. Me a bit more, but still..."
"I wish you'd brought your raven."
"Poe? Yeah, he would have fit in nicely, but he didn't go with the costume. Got your sparrows?"
"Nah-same reason. Enough chatting-let's have some fun. I've got booby traps here even Jane doesn't know about."
"Heh. And we'll have to do kareoke together, too. But now, let's have fun."

As David Toboz leads Andrew through the crowd, the punch bowl sprays him.
As Nega Tinker is chuckling evily with Claire, a bucket, hidden by one of the hanging decorations, dumps pink glitter all over him. And it's just sticky enough not to brush off easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 pm 

Freddy was enjoying himself. Chaos, gender bending, breaking stuff, pit traps- it was his idea of a good night. Alt-Auntie Chic knew how to throw a party, that was for sure.
He'd come as his favorite keyboardist, 2-D from the Gorillaz. It wasn't hard- blue hair, black contact lenses, black out his front teeth, and an ironic T-shirt that had the Umbrella Co. logo on it. Of course, just try to explain band history to his Father... oy. Glazed eyes in .2 seconds.

Anyways, looks like Posi-Tinker's getting calmed down by Toboz- go figure he;d be like that *here* too, and- hey! Posi-Prim got a gi- er, bo- er, person! Cool.

He stretched. All was right with the world, and the tunes were roling. Ergo...

he walked up behind a trench-coated figure.
"Howdy, Foo Foo. Wanna wrassle?"

Andrew jumped at the spray of punch, too slow to pull David out of the way.
"Ahh! What the- oh, dear. Did that punch still have the...?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:24 pm 

There wasn't a flinch, or even a reaction as the punch hit David. Truth be told, he didn't even seem entirely aware of it until after it happened. After the event, he looked down at his now moderately large chest and passively muttered "Huh." He was vaguely aware that if he wasn't hopped up on Enlightenment tea at the immediate moment this might have concerned him. He was too busy experiencing the entire universe all at once, with a small sliver of his (admittedly small) mind partitioned off finding a relatively nearby source of gender alteration for Andrew, since he had promised.

He was also vaguely aware that given the current circumstances he should probably be wearing a bra. "Things" were quite prominent on his figure, and the small part of his brain that was trying to still get things done was concerned that it may affect his sense of balance, just before it completed the problem it was working on.

"Alright..." he said, in a subdued tone of voice that was differently pitched than his usual one. "There will be a way to reverse this in the kitchen of this club within the next three minutes... that seems most simple. Let us go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael sighed as he watched the ensuing chaos. People, even Mads, could be such sheep at times. Threw around a few gender-swaps and flicker the lights a bit and they would quickly start losing their heads.

Then again, it was never wise to allow the host/hostess of a party to get too full of themselves... and often entertaining to deflate them. He was supposed to be lying low, but... it was time to have a little FUN. He reached down into his pocket and pulled out a cellphone, flipping the top part open. Then he started walking forward, standing right in front of the punch bowl, and selected the option labeled "Camera" on the phone's menu. He held it up, targeted Chicgeek with the lens... and grinned.

"Smile."

There was a bright flash of light, and after a second's disorientation, Chicgeek blinked her eyes open and got her bearings. She wasn't standing in the place she HAD been standing just a second ago... for that matter, neither were several of the people near her. Looking over in that direction, she saw a teenage boy with whitish gray hair grinning at her, standing exactly where she had been standing...

Just as the punch bowl started spurting out everything it had left all over the immediate crowd, drenching Chicgeek and several others nearby.

"Haruki" lead Claire out of the ladies' restroom, grinning devilishly. Claire's schoolgirl outfit had been replaced by a maid's dress, covered in frills and lace, looking almost regal in a sense. "Haruki" looked up at "Kyon", who had been waiting outside. "Doesn't she look great! Now let's go find Yuki... I brought a witch's outfit for her to wear!" Grabbing both of her accomplices with one hand each, she tugged them off through the crowds.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 pm 

'Hikuru' drags me and 'Kyon' through the crowd, toward 'Yuki.' All these guys won't stop looking at me. Which, I'm sure, is exactly what she wants. Sure, she makes really great costumes, but still-

"Miss, I'm a traveler from the alpha dimension, and I was wondering if-" He starts to follow us through the crowd, babbling some nonsense at me about a fish that eats tachyons. Agh! Not again! Why doesn't everyone else have to put up with this stuff?

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:19 pm 

Nega Tinker stepped in, taking Claire quite easily by the arm. He might enjoy some chaos, but he drew the line at interrupting his own fun. He;d already dialed in the coordinates, and he needed to borrow Claire again.

"Excuse me, but I'm the despotic ruler of a decent third of the Naga Dimension, and I need this girl back." he said as explanation, firghtening the intrusive boy off with a withering glare.

Before the girl with the yellow hair ribbon could say anything, he dragged Clair off, taking out a small black device that summoned a green pipe from the ground.

Andrew blinked, looking at David. he seemed rather.. calm about all this. Well, not that he minded, but it was a little... too calm.
As the bustled into the kitchen, he stopped David with hands on his shoulder.
"David? Have you... ingested anything?" he asked.

"Well, I had some lovely tea from these nice tigers underneath the club..." he said, calmly wondering why Andrew groaned at that.

"Ah, Tea. Never drink the tea. Let's see if we can;t find something to fix that... this club ought to have the standard set of antidote." he said, firmly ignoring what sounded suspiciously like Freddy and Fredric going at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:35 pm 

Chic sighes. He understands why Alt Chic mugged someone for their costume. The form fitting spandex is a little...*too*form fitting now. Oof.
Well, what kind of a hostess would he be without an antidote prepared?
....And if the cure's pulled out now, the surrounding mads will jump him for it.
Oy. Chic shrugs at the smirking teen, with a 'you got me' expression.
Then triggers a pit trap.
Once out of sight, Chic changes back to female. Muuuch better!
Something snarls behind her."Oh, hi, Sebastian," she says casually."You guys need anything down here?"
The massive tiger smiles toothily."A video feed of the festivities would be nice. The glimpses we get whenever the traps open have been quite intreiging...."
"Heh. A bit late to set it up now, but I'm recording everything. I'll be sure you get a copy."
"Splendid."
Whistling cheerfully, Chic strolls out, and rejoins the party.
Dang! Looks like the glitter missed Nega Tinker. But there seems to be a brawl starting....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:22 pm 

David shook his head. "No, no. We fix your problem first... I did promise, after all." Guiding Girly-Andrew into the back room of the club, he encountered a chef speaking with a short purple-haired mad scientist wearing thick glasses. The two were so engaged in their conversation about chemical transformation additives that had been added to the punch, that they didn't notice David grabbing a gun at the purple-haired man's waist.

He looked at it for a moment. "Huh. Definitely not human made, but certainly human modified. Should be simple enough to use." He made the necessary changes to the settings and blasted Tinker with the Male variant version 1, rendering him his ordinary self again. Pointing the gun at himself, he fired and quickly was rendered masculine again. Then, after silently returning the gun, (it was only polite) he yawned. "So what are we doing now again?"

Michael Toboz dusted himself off as he walked out of the cave next to the club. The tigers down there had been nice, but rather reluctant to leave until he did something to entertain them until their live feed was set up. Eventually, he had taught several of the young cubs to sing "Jerusalem" and departed shortly after they had begin yowling it out. While he had been teaching, the father, Sebastian, had just discovered that his eldest child, a male named Khan, was seeing a lioness, which had irked him rather severely. Michael had thought it wise to leave before the tea was brewed.

As he approached the club he paused. He was opening the right hand door... another man, a certain Anti-Zobot, was opening the door on the left, while apparently dressed as Edward Elric's evil twin brother. The two stared at each other for a moment, locking eyes. Both suddenly realized the identity of the other. Conclusions were drawn. Gazes narrowed.

There could be only one outcome. They both shut the doors behind them and began to walk into the club, side by side, neither one letting his attention shift away from the other for a moment. And both reaching for some sort of destructive device they had concealed within their pockets.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:35 pm 

Just as Fredric and Freddy's Brawl reached the tipping point- other Mads were joining in, Fisticuffs were ablaze- the doors sudden burst open- knocking Nega-David and Micheal down.
"What is this? A brawl?"

"Indeed, brother! A wretched hive of scum, and villany!"

"Well, I beleive this calls for the swift interventions of..."
The two posed, fists up and eyes flashing.

"Bill and Barry, The Heterodyne Boys!!" they chorused.
The crowd froze, all eyes on the two figures.
For a moment, it seemed like it was, somehow, really them! Large as life, belts strapped with ray guns and wrenches, goggles gleaming on their foreheads, hair tousled- right out of a Heterodyne Show.
..unless, perhaps, one was sharp enough to notice the occasional flash of what looks like fang in those grins, of perhaps a stray hair still deep scarlet.

Most people did not, and the aura of fighting and sugar highs had transported the already unstable party goers back to about eight years old, and willing to believe their eyes.
o their credit, the 'Heterodyne Boys' only grinned wider at the sudden bristling of guns.
~In the Kitchen~
Andrew blinked, catching the sudden announcement from outside. Was that.... his Uncles? Oh, heavens.
He pulled his face scarf down, smiling slightly.
"Well, we can either go out there, and face the Madness- oh, lord, is that an 'ominous humm'?- or we can hide out back here. I don't think slipping out the back suits either of our temperaments." he said, leaning against a counter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 pm 

Chic grins delightedly.
In another corner of the room, so does Minerva.

Alt-Chic, (still male), nudges her Wally(still female), in the ribs. "That's just the kind of outfits my dad and uncle would do. They're so incredidbly heroic...wait a minute, if these are their opposites...heh."
"Uh...Francine, have you got the antidote?"
"Aw, but this is so chaotic!!" Mock pouts a little. "Oh, very well."

JaniTor is highly uncomfortable in the red and black spandex, but it's that or nothing. Ooh, when she catches whoever stole her costume!
A figure sneaks up behind her. Again. WAM!
Janitor comes to in the restroom. Again. She's still male, but at least she has her clothes back.

Chic takes advantage of the distraction to step between Freddy and Fredric.
"Nephews, stop this right now!", she scolds.
"Aw. but Auntie..."
"Okay, I know-it's fun. But I don't want the place destroyed while there's still a party going on. If you two still have something to settle, may I suggest kareoke? Can you at least put the fight on hold ?"
She gives them both the big brown eyes.
"But..."
The reproachful gaze is hard to resist.
"Sigh."
She switches to the cheerful grin. "Come on, boys, it's a party! Don't look so glum." With that, she goes to greet her papa and uncle. And signals for Desecration to play some dance music.
heterodyne boys. Hee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:36 pm 

As Desecration starts to play, the nearly-identical Tinker sons glance at each other.
"How'd *you* meet Auntie?"

"Last time ah was here, ah Introduced mahself. Ah like her. Well, ah suppose we can't fight... wit' fists."

the glance at each other again, grinning slyly.

"Hey, Bro! Gangway!" they both yelled, jumping on stage and summoning their instruments.

Vladimir hugged his daughter, tossing aside a crumpled blaster someone had had the nerve to put to his temple.
"Daughter! Nice party." he said approvingly, grinning widely.

"Thanks, Poppa. But... why are *you* Barry?" she asked, looking him up and down.

"Heh. Won de coin flip." he said smugly, sticking his tounge out at his disgruntled brother.

"*Won* the coin flip?" she asked, smiling as Fredric and Freddy roared into a new song.

"Sure. Bill vos a great guy und all, but hy vouldn't be caught *dead* so much as pretending to be married to... her." he said, shuddering slightly.

"Lucrezia Mongfish? But... why?"

Rasputin smiled slightly, ruffling her hair.
"Ve tell you this later- know for now, basic Viktor code: Serve de Heterodyne, und attempt to blow up de Mongfish mit fire."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47 pm 

Why does it feel like *I'm* the one getting kidnapped half the time here? Oh, well. Mister Nega-Tinker does design an impressive ice level. I start to set up a few fireball traps. "So how exactly do you want to do this?"

"Hmm?" He's drawing the plans for some sort of complicated jumping puzzle that requires precision timing.

"Well, you're obviously the final boss, but do you want to dress up as someone, or do you just want to be yourself? Can I 'help' Mister Toboz? Who's going to make Mister Tinker wear the pink dress?"

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm 

Janitor runs panting from the women's restroom for the second time in a row. "NoreallyI'mawoman!" he protests. The door slams to the occupants' laughter. Have they even left the restroom since the party started? he wonders, rubbing the back of his head ruefully.

It seems that chaos has only spread further throughout the club in his absence. Janitor takes out his gun. There's a time and place for prudence, but there's also a point when a person gets pretty tired of getting hit over the head.

Hmm. Bit of a brawl over there. Lots of guns over there. People eying each other warily all over. Random screams from people disappearing into the floors... and the ceilings... and the buffet table? ...Oh sweet madness, I'm not getting out of here in the same condition I came in, am I?

Janitor spots something sparkly on the floor. "Oooh!" he exclaims appreciatively. "I wonder what this is?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 pm 

"Okay, if you say so. I like Agatha anyway-she's fun to invent with." Chic says matter of factly. It can wait until they have time to fill her in. Tonight's a party! And she rather doubts any Mongfish's will be showing up tonight.
The Viktors grin, and Vladimer notices a Kistune...
"Hey, Uncle, have you met Farnsworth yet?"

Jess grins at Xerox. "Wretched hive of scum and villiany? So, Joker, you feel right at home?"
She's glad Chic got those two to stop brawling, and switch to their guitars. They'll be no kareoke while that's going on. Heh. Of course, it'll be interesting to see what songs a british ninja pirate cyborg zombie will do. Hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:11 pm 

Nega Tinker writes carefully, a slow delicate scrip creating a 'Mook Generator' to spew out little red-cloaked thingys at a prescribed rate. It taxes his Reality Warping skills- someday, he would find out why his God twins had more control with the damn stuff. Probably had to do with the Law of Villain Success rate...

"Well, I was thinking of switching to a Bowser attire- a nice tan suit, with the green spiky turtle shell back and a quick hair styling, some horns. I mean, everyone will know who I am anyways. You can 'help' him is you want- lord knows the Tutorial Characters are always pretty Evil. And the Pink Dress is what the Costume Ray is for. Not to mention my shielding system." he explained, watching as the little red-cloaked Mooks started wandering around. Heh. Pretty cute- and they delivered a little zolt of you touched them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm 

Wow, he's really good at that. I watch the little mooks wander around, then look at the level. It needs something...

I find an appropriately-sized block and draw a question mark on it. "Can I borrow the portal for a minute?"

"Here."

I plug in the familiar coordinates. A warp pipe comes up, and I jump through.

I'm back a few minutes later, holding a few mushrooms. I drop one in the box, then hang it from the ceiling. "I don't know where to find the 1ups or fireflowers, unfortunately. Can you-"

He sighs, and starts to write something on the paper. A few grinning red flowers appear, as do several green mushrooms. I gather them, and place the boxes.

Oh, I almost forgot! One pipe-trip later I have a few speakers and a computer with the appropriate songs. Now, let's see if I can code this correctly. If I put a tracker on his clothes, different songs will play depending on which area he's in. If(Hero.Getlocation() == dungeon) music.Setmusic(dungeonmusic)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, done! Someone just has to stick him with this tracker. Nega-Tinker's finished up with the rest of the minions. I think we're just about ready for the kidnapping.

"I think I can distract the rest of the Heroes while you do the kidnapping, if that sounds alright with you." Let's see, wide-eyed, innocent, helpless... there were a pretty decent number of Heroes paying attention to me before, and I was barely trying then.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:56 pm 
Heh heh heh.

As JanetTor bent down to pick up the shiny gold coin, arms seized him from both sides. He was hauled upright by Jane and Maria Narbon. Both of them acted as if they hadn't even seen JanetTor (JohnEtor?) walk into the trap they had just set.

"Oh, hello!" said Maria, face set in an expression of surprise. "I didn't see you there."

"Really nice to meet you!" said Jane, from the other side. "What do you think of the party?"

"Well--"

"Great!" said Jane.

"You know..." said MN, "he kinda looks a little lonely."

"What say we give him a tour? Drinks on us," added Jane, showing off her fangs.

"I--"

"Wonderful!" cut in Maria. "We'll show you around."

"There's so much fun stuff to see and do!" said Jane.

"Wait!"

"Let's go!"

The two mads, smiling grins of enjoyment and playful malice, walked off with JohnEtor locked between them, ready to have their way with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 am 

Rasputin Viktor looks the man lounging against the bar over carefully. Looks right, smells right-hell, only a jager could drink what he's cooly socking away.
But between Grandmother Gitka, and his mad biologist father, no one knows jaeger history better.
Something's fishy-and it's not that odd fellow with the water filled diving helmet on at the other end of the bar.
Well, maybe it *is*, a little, but...
"Hokay, you-vat are hyu, und vat's de story? Hy *know* hyu aren't vat hyu seem. Und vat kind uf a neme is 'Farnsworth', hennyvay?"
Farnsworth lifts an eyebrow. He signals the bartender. "Another, and one for him also. And go polish the bartop at the other end, hmm?"
He knew he'd run into a Viktor eventually. Heh-rather suprising it took this long.
"Your next trip to the homeland-check the chronicles. Look for Gaius Scribonius Dentatus."
"Vat?"
"And it was my father who was the jager. Males are fertile enough, as you well know."
"But-hyu should be human, den."
Farnsworth smiles. "Do you think you're the only abberations there have ever been in the jager line? That perhaps the Heterodynes of my time had reasons of their own? " He sets down his drink.
"I was in the Imperial Roman Legion. If you want a fight, pup, by all means I shall do my best to teach you some manners. But perhaps outside? Miss Vicktor would be quite perturbed if we ruined her party.Otherwise-you must simply do your best to contain your curiousity until you get a chance to peruse the chronicles for yourself."
He smiles toothily. Perhaps this young upstart will take him up on it? He hasn't had a real challenge in ages.
And you don't get soft sitting behind a desk working for Minerva.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:12 am 

"It's so lovely that some cockroaches from the negative universe have scurried in." Michael said through gritted teeth as he stood up. Flipping out his cell phone, he used one of the special functions on it to fling a chair into one of the brawling mads nearby before they could get mayhem all over his shirt.

Nega-Zobot rolled over two brawling scientists as they went flying from a catapulted table, and pushed himself up to his feet. Pulling out a shrink-ray, he immediately reduced them to an atomic level. "Sooo... how'd your little takeover go? Did the wittle goodies cause the severed limb a bit of twouble? Aww..."

Michael snarled at him. "I'd welcome you, but your kind have such a BAD habit of showing up where they're not wanted... or needed, for that matter. Is your own universe so boring that you have to crawl into ours?"

Nega-Zobot ignored him and continued. "There was nothing wrong with your scheme, of course, except that you were running it. Didn't even cause that much collateral damage, did you?" he shrugged. "Given those sorts of resources, some of us would have actually succeeded."

Michael smirked, which took Nega-Zobot by surprise. "Mmhmmhmmhmm... oh please. Of course you would have succeeded. In your own world, that is."

Nega-Zobot narrowed his eyes. "Exactly what are you implying?"

Michael chuckled. "Well, exactly how many fugitives from the negative dimension have actually succeeded over here? Nega-Tinker's yet to have a single REAL success beyond giving Andrew gray hairs, and none of the other opposites have really gained much ground. Yet in your own dimension you're apparently winning all the time. Now... I wonder why that is?"

Nega-Zobot's metal arm clenched and he snarled. Michael continued on. "It's probably because of the breeding stock of heroes around there. The total inversion of a competent villain from our world isn't a capable hero over there, it's a woefully inept one. Your 'greatest champions' are praised because they pick berries from brier patches without fear. No wonder your romantic opposite was able to seize control so easily. There's no challenge in opponents like that: it's practically a mercy killing!" With a smirk on his face, he turned his head away from the Negative Zobot. "Oh wait... YOU were a hero once upon a time, weren't you?"

THIS managed to elicit a reaction. Nega-Zobot looked practically ready to explode. "I. Suppose. Someone. Who. Never. Succeeded. Himself. Might. Feel. That. Way."

Michael kept it up. "Oh, anyone could succeed in a world like that. All it takes is a bit of ruthless cunning... or a marginally handsome partner's coattails to ride. Where is Evil Tinker, anyway? It'd be nice to meet a villain who actually earned his way to the top."

Two villains glared at each other, and the air between them threatened to explode. "We settle this outside."

"Fine! I wouldn't have it any other way..."

"Haruhi" was in a bad mood. "Itsuki's been gone for a while, and now all of a sudden Mikuru just gets abducted..." She sighs and clutches her head. "Arrgh... it's all so boring! Everyone here's a total square and leave it to the alluring mascot to have the only bit of fun..."

"Kyon" sighed. "Well, I wouldn't call being dragged off by a man with a oddly oversized pipe fun..."

"At least it's not boring." "Haruhi" led the two of them to where So It Begins, as "Yuki" was sitting, reading something. With her free hand, she grabbed the girl and started pulling her up. "Come on. I brought your outfit from The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina with me, so put it on. At least then we might attract some aliens or something..."

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:23 am 

Freddry and Fredric were taking a break, letting Desicration take a solo.
"Oy, Freddy. Is it just me, or is there a... funny smell." asked Fredric, shrugging off his trenchcoat.

"Ya mean lahk smell lahk onna us, exept missin' the animal smell an' th' distinctive ozone smell associated wi' magic?"

"Yeh. An' wors'n that. New. No skin oils n' pheromone buildup."

They both looked at each other, simultaneously coming to the same conclusion.

"Clone."
Twin mouths of fangs split into what humans mistook for grins- in the animal world, this was not what this meant. More accurately, it was a showing of teeth.
The smell trailed outside, but they had a set to finish. After THAT....
Both were, of course, alignment opposed. But you could only go so far with it- Neutral Good and Neutral Evil were back to back in a very real way.
And they were both, otherwise, very the same. Both had taken a simple family trait- utter and complete loyalty- and applied it to their father in the same way the Jager applied it to the Heterodyne.
That is to say, dangerously, enthusiastically, absolutely, and woe betide the man who massed with his work.

Rasputin grinned widely, sitting down next to the Jager and picking up his drink, sipping casually.
"Temptink, buy Hy don' vant to mess up my liddle niece's party. Anodder time den, Oncle."

Farnsworth raised an eyebrow, looking the younger Jagerkinder up and down.
"Uncle?" he asked simply- they had really done a good job with the costumes. He wondered why the *younger* one was dressed as *Bill* though.

"Hall jagerkinder iz our Oncles, more or less. Papa vas big nevs, hyu know? he teedded on gun hendles und Oncle Undre's knuckles. In trade for de Brau, he part uf de Army from birth- every Viktor und Tinker on dat piece uf paper zumvere." he explained, in his own slow sort of way. He still wasn't used to English.

Farnsworth considered this, and nodded- seemingly satisfied.
"So If the Heterodynes called for it, you would all go?"

"From Alphe to Zeta- ve hall take de oath. Liddle brodders didn' hef to, but dey deed. Undrev took it in de old kountry und everyddink. Maybe ve don; look de part, but ve Jager in our bones." he drained his cup, signaling the bartender for another.

They were silent for a moment, until Farnsworth finally couldn;t resist.

"All right, I'll bite. Why in heavens name are you Bill?"

"Lost de koin flip. Don' hyu Know de Viktor motto? "

"Iuguolo is Per incendia?"

"De Odder vun."

"Nos servo pro nostrum vitium? I always liked that one. I assume there's another."

"Heh. 'Servo heterodyne , Iuguolo Mongfish per incendia.' De Schort version, uf kourse- de original hes dis bit about buildink a time travel machine und goin' back to giff Great Great great Great Grundpa Idiot a kick in de pants."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next