Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:50 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Farnsworth grins at the young upstart. True, they can't disrupt Miss Viktor's party...too much, that is. And a full fledged jaeger brawl might juust be taking things too far.
"What, greeting another jaeger *without* a brawl? Tisk, tisk. How standards have slipped." He grins to take any sting out of his words. "But there are other ways."
He props an elbow on the bar top and flexes his hand. "Ready, pup? Or do you have urgent business elsewhere?"
People are already placing bets on the outcome of the arm wrestling.
Farnsworth is practically beaming. He hasn't had this much fun in ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:03 pm 

Rasputin downs his drink, smirking as he clasps hands with him.
"Try not to hurt youself, old timer." he teased, grinning to show teeth.
Little known fact- he was, in fact, the stronger of the two twins- if not by much.

Or, as Poppa had put it 'Vladimir take after hyu Grandpoppa, but hyu take after Grandmama.'

The wood of the bar cracked as the two Jagerkin started to strain, just testing each other to start with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:27 pm 

Farnsworth grits his teeth, putting forth real effort now. Well, he wanted a challenge....the youngster's strong, give him that.
But he's strong too, and sneaky. And battle trained. Baptised by fire and blood.
Not to mention being an elite legionaire *before* becoming Minerva's assistant librarian.
The pup starts forcing his hand down, he pushes it back with effort. Wood creaks ominously as they struggle, hands barely dipping from one side to the other.
"Not...bad, pup."
"Save hyu breath....old timer...Hyu gonna...need it."
Anyone looking at Farnsworth would see a fit man, seemingly in his fourties.
Old timer? Feh. Insolent upstart! Sweating a bit, Farnsworth gives a mighty effort. Rasputin's hand is being inextorably pushed closer to the bar top.
Lower....
Lower...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

'There's so much fun stuff to see and do!' Janitor shivers. It's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Or worse, Charlie the Unicorn. Derek interrupted me to come watch it. He was a little too excited about it, seemed disappointed when I shrugged and went back to mopping-

Oh motherfudge, is that my life flashing before my eyes?

"Let me go! I never saw Paris!" he yells, wriggling. It doesn't do any good. His male form is a bit too slight, and... The gun! They've got my arms, but maybe I can shoot the floor out! He squeezes the trigger. A half-hearted quack rings out.

"So what do you think? Loud enough?" Maria says.

"Huh?"

"We like the design on yours," Jane says, holding up the gun made out of Legos.

"How-?"

"A bit tacky, though."

"Oh yeah. Come on then."

"Where-?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm 

I slip back into the party. I need a way to distract most of the Heroes until Mister Nega-Tinker's ready. Now, let's see...

Is that Mister Bill Heterodyne? Arm-wresting a jager? He flashes a grin. Pointy teeth. Heh. 'They can't come on time- they hafta crash it.' I look around. Mister Barry Heterodyne is talking to Miss Minerva. Oh, I can't miss this opportunity to 'introduce' myself. I just have to wait until they're done arm-wrestling.

And if I do this right, all the Heroes in the room will be listening to me. I sneak closer to the table- most people are watching the 'fight,' not paying attention to me.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:32 pm 

Two figures stood in a shadowed clearing. "So how do you want to do this, Negativity?"

"Mmm... use only the resources available to us on ourselves and around us. No robotics, since that's what we're both best at." The taller one folded his arms.

"And of course, not to the death. Not that death would slow me down much."

"Of course. Wouldn't want to cause a stir with the authorities because of a murderer."

There was a pause between the two.

"The Toboz family's always had that agressive streak in it, hasn't it? I don't even have the genetics anymore and I still feel it."

"...Uh huh. Even this world's Richard, for all his self control, is like that. Fighting's our first response for everything. Except for David."

The shorter one closed his eyes. "Except for... but also especially. You know the type."

"Almost makes you wonder what would have happened if..."

"Don't mention that. Let's just do this."

The two took a step back and shifted their weight.

And the fight began.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elleb jingled. For all the things going on, she was bored. For a while she had tried sampling the punch, but altering genders really had little effect on a fae spirit that could reshape it's physical body as easily as a human could change their mind. And of course, the pit traps and flailing humans were fairly dull as well.

She had to admit it, humans just didn't know how to party.

With a whisper, she began invoking a few musical charms. With a sudden rush of energy, a female human on the ground flopped on the floor, entirely asleep. Elleb giggled as she descended and began scribbling on the woman's face. In permanent ink.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:36 pm 

Thaddeus is up and stumbling around. How much he stumbles is of course dependent on his current body mass. Oh, hold on-

-Hiccup He turns into a very tall troll.

As I was saying he is quite drunk and it through some lucky coincidences he hasn't managed to bump into anyone angry enough to shoot him.

-Hiccup A particularly strong hiccup burst out of him and sends his lumbering body crashing into a small crowd of people. His body changes in mid-fall and he finds his body in a heap in the middle of the group.

He has become a small black kitten. He looks up from the floor into the flashing eyes of the several lady mads he has stumbled into. The looks in there eyes sober him up, and send him into a fit of fear.

He hoped-No he prayed for a hiccup to change him into something else. Anything else.

He's not changing. One of the women scoops him up as he tries to run away. All of the women are laughing maniacally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:19 pm 

Rasputin grits his teeth, eyes flashing as his hand neared the table. At this point, to him, a little pride was on the line, but if he lost it would be allright. Some laughs, a few rounds of drinks. usual schtuff.
He glanced out at the crowd on a whim, and suddenly he froze. he caught, the corner of his eye- tall, thin, dressed up as what looked like Klaus Wulfenbach?!

Gott en Himmel, Ethan!

Suddenly, his arm halted, as Rasputin's eyes suddenly seemed to burn with sudden motivation. He gritted his teeth, hair bristling as he slowly, slowly forced his elders arm back.
Maybe he wouldn't win, but he;d be damned if he was going to loose *easily* in front of- well. He just wouldn't!
(Which, ironically, was perfectly in character for Bill Heterodyne to act like this, interestingly enough.)

Ethan smirked slightly, swiping at a fringe of white hair that fell into his face- he did a decent impersonation, as it turned out, even if it did make him feel old. Still, he'd been able to use some of his old family regalia just with the Wulfenbach emblem here and there. He already had the nose for it, even...

Someone next to him glanced at him, then at 'Bill'.
"Uh, you doing a group costume?" he asked hesitantly, not wanting to miss the action.

"Oh, well, It was sort of a surprise. Care to make a little wager?"

Fredric and Freddy finished their sets, absent-midedly setting their instruments aside.
Without so much as looking at each other, they walked to the entrance- neither of them were quite aware of it, but they were communicating on a almost telepathic level. Not by any means of being Alternates, but by grace of being Them. Between the two, glowing gossamer wires were threading, threads which, if you could see them, stretched out into the night.
Neither was aware of this. Nor would they be for some time.

For now, they simply assumed it was physical cues, and opened the doors outside simultaniously.

"Ello there, sorry t' barge in."

"Howdy, Davy. We gotta talk with your sparrin' partner..."

"...about professional genetic code ownership."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:38 pm 

Ingrid sighs. "Ma'am? Ma'am!" he calls out. She was fairly certain Amino's transmogrifyer ray had a setting for gender swaps. "Where are you, ma'am!" he yells over the party music, "Ma'am?!"

He pauses, and amends his statement, "...That is, unless you've been exposed to the punch, too, in which case I should be calling you 'sir'! Ma'am or Sir, can you hear me? Of course, technically I don't know what gender you currently are, so I should be using some sort of gender-neutral honorific, somewhat akin to the 'royal you'. But it's hardly specific to be calling you 'You' as there are probably many at this party who would be able to fall under that category. Hmm...this is quite a conundrum. I'm sure Professor Tinker or Dr. Dries would be able to tell me which honorific to use. I'll have to find them and ask before I can talk to Dana. Professor?! Doctor?!" he calls out, as he begins his search.

Meanwhile, Amino follows the bright-green head of her target through a large crowd of people. "You can't escape, Kiwi-Head! I've got you now!" She blasts him quickly with her raygun, and approaches the stunned figure. "Ha ha! Vengeance is mine--wait. You're not Kiwi-Head." Indeed, to her chagrin, Amino finds she has not defeated her nemesis, but merely a random bystander who was unfortunate enough to choose to dress as a human houseplant.

Only a few feet away, cleverly hidden in the shadows, Xerox chuckles madly to himself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:11 pm 

Farnsworth's face is set in grim lines. Damnation! The youngster's good. Just when he had him on the ropes, too. Their arms are back at the midway point, neither giving an inch. Then....BAM! Rasputin's arm slams down onto the bar.
And through it.
The two shake feeling back into their arms, under cover of brushing off shards of wood.
Farnsworth slaps Rasputin on the back. "Not bad, pup. Now, a real fight would be a different story."
"Heh. Not bad hyuself, Oncle." They exchange grins. Farnsworth waves the bartender over. "All right, youngster, what'll you have?"

Minerva whistles softly. "My goodness. I've seen Farnsworth in action, and I must confess I wasn't expecting him to lose. Very impressive."
"Vell, vat else vould you expect from the Heterodyne Boys?" She smiles-mmm, he still has that wolfish grin...
A ninja approaches her. "Hey, kitsune-nice tail." Even without her glasses, her glare is enough to frost the drink he's holding. "Why don't you ditch Mr.Hero, here, and-"
She casually grabs his arm and flings him into a nearby wall, without mussing her kimono.
"Oh-I'd stay away from the punch, liebschen-unless you want to be one of the Heterodyne girls...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm 

I step forward. "Mister Heterodyne?" I ask in a small voice, eyes wide. Hmmm... it looks like 'Wulfenbach' is here as well. Heh.

'Bill' turns around. Before he can say anything, I start to talk. "Mister Heterodyne, my name is Mikuru, and I need your help. You see, I come from a small country in Europa which was recently taken over by Dr. E..." I start to describe the takeover. It's always been one of my favorite stories. Soon there's a small crowd of Heroes listening. Perfect.

'Barry' is listening in the background, smirking slightly. When I start to describe two handsome, roguishly charming henchmen, he cracks up in silent laughter.

I start to tell the story of how the two henchmen scared off an entire legion of troops just by smiling at them. I think I've got most of the Heroes in the room listening now. I continue to act innocent, timid, and very, very much in need of help.

'Bill' is grinning slightly. Heh. I can keep this up for a long time. I know *lots* of good stories about the invasion.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:49 pm 

"Freddy? What are you-" Nega-Zobot's surprised outcry was cut short as "Joshua" raised a palm and took a step forward.

"Didn't you hear them the first time? They're here for me." He took a step forward, smirking. "I should have expected something like this, given the circumstances. Might as well get it over with before we start hurting each other."

Nega-Zobot frowned. "If you do anything to Freddy, I'll have to-"

"Joshua" crossed his arms and glared. "You're honestly worried about him? I'm the one whose probably in danger."

Nega-Zobot rolled his eyes. "Well, yes, but you're a snotty little brat."

"Fair enough. Stay out of this, will you?"

"Alright."

Michael walked forward and looked at the rabbit and the badger, acting much more calm than anyone in his position probably should be. "So just so that there's no confusion, I'm assuming the following: You two are angry because you think that someone ripped off your daddy's designs and made me, right?"

He allowed for a pause, his body tense just in case they tried to jump him.

"So let me ask a question here, before anyone does anything." He looked up at the two of them. "See, I know you're both smart lads. Smart enough to realize there's more than two dimensions out there. (Incidentally, I mean alternate worlds, not dimensions of space like one might assume.) It's why there's two of you instead of just one. So then... how can you prove that I'm not just another you from another one of them, rather than just a clone? Hypothetically, I could just be another Fred made by another Tinker. And if there is any number of dimensions out there, it's entirely possible that there's one where that version of you turned out entirely different than either of you. With that possibility in mind, isn't it a bit hypocritical to be teaming up against me?"

He shrugged, and put his hands in his pockets. "Of course, I remember someone one saying that it was impossible to change someone else's mind with words. Since that's usually the case, I have to assume that both of you are so entrenched in your opinions that you'll still want to beat me up regardless." His hands whipped out of his pockets, each one holding a small black pellet, which he flung into Freddy and Frederick's faces. Both pellets exploded into clouds of gas, as "Joshua" hopped back and whipped out his cell phone. "I wasn't expecting to use those on you two, but they work. There's not much that can physically hurt any of us easily, but that isn't to say that our senses are impervious. Kind of hard to fight with itchy, swollen eyes and clogged noses, huh? And since that compound worked on me, I know it'll probably work on either of you. It'll last at least a few hours."

He tensed his body, ready for any sort of response.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 pm 

~Inside~
'Bill Suddenly lept to his feet, eyes fiery.
"Brother! Do you hear this?! We can;t stand for such horrors as these Lotharios and their cunning, wicked master to go on! We have to do something!" he declared, somehow managing to affect what could be called a heroic glow.

'Barry' looped Minerva around the waist, bringing her with him as he stepped forward.
"Now? But we're in the middle of a party!" he protested, slyly winking at Minerva to play along.

"Evil waits for no Party, Barry! And we must avenge the suffering of this innocent young girl at the hands of those handsome devils." he said dramatically, hand to his chest.

A hand on his shoulder startled him, making him turn suddenly, eyes wide.
"Klaus! Come on, it's time for another adventure!" he said happily, unaffected by the imposing Barons raised eyebrow.

"It's not as simple as that- the dark ruler of those lands has a claim- his family once ruled there before. Something you would know if you weren't so dead set on rushing about." he said, smiling slightly.

"It'll work out, old friend! We can bring Barrys girlfriend, too!"

"Hey!"

As they chattered happily, a dark figure in the bac lept out of a suspicious green warp pipe, creeping towards the kitchen with an oddly shaped blaster...
~Outside~

Freddy gave out a cry, wiping at his face as his eyes began to burn. He felt blind, left with only his hearing- which wasn't good. Badgers relied on smell, and he was no different there.
He went to his knees, to avoid falling over. Dimly, he could hear Davy running forward.

Fredric was slightly better off- he shifted his ears to Lapin mode, using them to pinpoint his adversary through the fog of pain.
Finally, he lunged, grabbing "Joshua" by the arm.

"You wanna know why we don't think you're 'n alternate? You smell wrong- not enough- gack- oil buildup, 'n you don' have any scents from anyone *else* we know. You'dn have to be the most alternate alternate yet, an' thas just too bloody unlikely. Occams razor- simplest answer is: Clone." he growled, forcing his eyes open.

"An' we're not bloody well here t' kill you, you idiot. Well, maybe Freddy."

"Ah resemble that remahk."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:44 pm 

Miinerva raises a hand to her head in mock horror. "Oh, you poor girl! Barry, we *must* help her. I shudder to think of it! Those handsome fiends will rue the day they crossed our path."

Farnsworth raises an eyebrow at "Bill", who winks at him. "Command me, sir-I am at the service of the Heterodyne Boys. Especially when there is a pretty girl to avenge, and glorious battle in the offing." He bares his fangs in a wicked grin. They'll let him know if they need him. Hmm, just watching this ought to be good.

Minerva somehow manages not to crack up. Whatever this is leading up to, it ought to be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 pm 

Rasputin ('Bill')opened his mouth, about to speak when the door slowly creaked open, twin silhouetted figures leaning against the door frame.

"Ho, looks like ve gots us a challenge,ey Raspotin?" said the first, idly examening a wickedly sharp claw, a fringe of red hair over his eyes.

"Hy tink zo, Viktor." said the other, grinning like a window full of broken glass.
They looked exactly like the Viktors, down to every detail. The coats, billowing slightly in the wind. The hats, set carefully on maroon-red hair.

As they stepped forward to face the 'Heroes', the crowd parted, perplexed. Were they mistaken? Or were these, somehow, alternates, clones?
Which, incidentally, was right. They *were* clones. Mostly.

Rasputin and Viktor glaned at each other, trading quick disbelieving glances.
What do you know. Looks like leetle Gamma und Delta haff it in them after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:18 am 

Chic's eyes widen. Oh, this is just too good. Open a pit trap? Nah, they'll sense it and leap aside. Darn kinetic specialists. She'll just settle back to watch the fun. For now...
Minerva arm tightens briefly around "Barry", then she drops it, stepping slightly to the side. He'll need to be able to manuver. She stands next to the heroic trio, instead of fading into the crowd. The daughter of Dr.Omega doesn't *do* damsel in distress. Her eyes sparkle merrily. Oh, what fun!
Fox red hair gleaming, unconciously placing her hands on her hips, she's the very image of Beautiful Heroine.
Farnsworth is delighted-more worthy opponents! But (sigh), he'll just stand in reserve. Only polite. Wouldn't do at all to interfer with family. First move's theirs. But afterwards? Heh. Perhaps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:51 am 

Oh, this is amazing! A nice showdown with lots of fighting and chaos. If *this* isn't a big enough distraction, nothing is. I attempt to sneak back, but 'Bill' grabs my arm.

"Fear not, maiden! We will save you from these dashing villains!" Heh. I guess I'm committed to staying to watch the fight now. Not that I'm complaining, mind. I always wanted to see these four in action.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:44 am 

The Twins glance at each other, exchanging surprisingly 'Viktor'-like smirks.
'Bill' and Barry ready themselves- they know that look- It was *theirs* first. A flip, a Kinetic Charge, the Basmati Special? Lord, how they loathed the Basmati Special.

'Bill' glances back at Farnsworth.
"<Feel free to join in- These are our little brothers, Private-Medic Gamma and Lt. Delta. They could use a good thumping- but watch out if they start to spin their arms.>" he said quietly- in rather eloquent Old Tongue. Apparently it was only in English that he stumbled.

'Barry' ignores the exchange, glancing at Minerva. Heh. And people thought that Barry was the lesser role- give him his High Priestess any day. Woo!

The 'Viktor' Twins, seeming to have come to a decision make a quic movements and-
Pull out two, large, immensely dangerous looking ray guns from their pockets, pulling levers on the sides that start a distinctly ominous hummm and a play of sparks.

"Vhat, hyu tink we don' know how to vork de gons?" asks Delta, smirking toothily.

One of the bystanders, holding a bag of popcorn leans over to Chic.
"Great party! I diddn't know it was going to have a Heterodyne show- and it even has a Viktor Twin crossover! If only I'd brought my camera..."

While everyone was distracted, a dark figure crept back out of the kitchen, a suspiciously pink-clothed figure under one arm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:44 pm 

Minerva laughs merrily, and stares boldly at the diabolical villains. "Guns? Looks like they're afraid to face us. Ah, well, I suppose they need any edge they can get. Eh, Barry?"
'Barry' grins. Minerva looks like she's enjoying herself. Should have known she wouldn't shrink from a showdown.
The "Viktors" exchange grins of their own-sinister ones.
"Hy think hyu should step beck, pritty lady. Our quarrel is with dese zo called heros."
"Hyu chust vatch-des von't take long."
They smirk-and Minera glares, giving them the scary librarian look full force. Those meeting her gaze feel icy fingers trailing down their spines.
You'd swear the temperature just dropped.
Farnsworth gives a fang filled grin, and lazily cracks his knuckles. Enough with these preliminaries! Someone shoot or throw a punch already, so he can join in!
Chic's glad she's recording this-everyone in the family will get a copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:19 pm 

The two 'Viktors' aimed heir guns at the group, smiling menacingly- even if maybe that glare had sent their knees shaking a little. Right out of their collage days...

Stepping forwards, the guns humming escalated, thin threads of lightning playing across the steely weapons.

"Hy tink maybe ve deal vith dese Heroes de fast vay."

"If hyu like. Vun, Tvo..."

They pulled the trigger, pulling a collective wince from the audience as....
Two flags unfurled from the cannons, emblazoned with large, fanciful 'Zapp!'s on them.

As Rasputin and Vladimir glanced at each other, then their companions in confusion, the Costumed Tinker twins glanced casually at the trick guns.

"Deed hyu grab de gons from de closet, or de vuns on my vorkbench?" asked 'Rasputin', giving his brother a 'look'.

"The vuns on de vorkbench. Vy?" asked 'Viktor'.

"Cause Hy ASKED hyu to gets de vuns in de CLOSET, Dumkoff! These are de TRICK gons."

"Ho, vell, looks like ve do diz de old fashioned vay. The old dance, Hy lead." they tossed the guns aside, and lep at the heroes, fangs barred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:51 pm 

Michael winced. That compound had left him writing on the ground for at least an hour. For Frederic and Freddy to have endured, even in a weakened state... for Frederic to have managed to touch him... "It can't be... what exactly ARE you?" His eyes were wide as he tried to break the grasp. He twisted, trying to focus as much pressure as possible on Frederic's thumb, the weakest part of a human hand.

Unfortunately, while he possessed a similar genetic structure, Frederic had him beat in real life combat experience. He found he couldn't break free. And of course, he hadn't come to the party armed to the teeth. Aside from his cell phone and those compound bombs, he only had one other device, and it wasn't useful for THIS. The cell phone had powers, but most of them weren't really useful unless he wasn't bound by his opponent. He sighed, keeping his body stiff. "Ok, ok. Hypothetically, let's say I was to surrender. Exactly what DO you want, if not to kill me?"

Nega-Zobot rushed over and helped Freddy to his feet, keeping a firm grip on the lad with his mechanical, lifelike arm. "Honestly, the two of you should have come up with a better plan for doing this. If anything serious happened to you Andy'd blame me." He sighed. "And he'd probably be right in doing so." He'd never admit it to anyone, ever, but he had developed a certain fondness for Tinker's firstborn. Granted, he usually expressed it by trying to main the lad, but it was all in good fun, and neither of them ever took it personally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the kitchen, David put a hand on his head. His mind was spinning; he was getting aware of more and more things... so much was happening all at once... so many things occurring all over the world, throughout the entire universe... he was everything and he was nothing...

It really was very potent tea. The tigers had said they didn't eat heroes anymore, but that didn't mean they didn't deal with them, did it? "Oh dear... we, I mean I... I believe that I'm going to rejoin the universal collective consciousness now..." He started to wobble, as he felt trees growing and waves shifting. He could feel the world; even shape the universe... he could feel something distinct... something eternal... he could feel the Story.

And it was killing him. Burning through his mind. It wasn't meant for him.

His head was spinning, and with the bit of his head that hadn't totally resigned itself to death yet was forcing him to take long, deep breaths.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm 

What a brawl! The bar is doing a brisk business in popcorn.The fight isn't spreading-everyone's watching this one eagerly. And placing bets, of course.
Rasputin/Bill and Farnsworth are tag teaming Tinker/Rasputin, who's holding his own suprisingly well. Farnsworth has a black eye. But he's got the youngster's back.
Vladimer/Barry and Tinker/Vladimer are grappling. Minerva stays out of their way-they're fighting too closely for anyone else to interfere, and she doesn't want to distract Vladimer. And it's family-it's not like anyone will get seriously hurt. All she can do at the moment is keep a close eye out.
Good thing too-someone in the crowd has taken advantage of the chaos to pull out a weapon, and is cooly aiming it at the grappling pair. Minerva lobs a bottle at him, jarring his arm and disrupting his aim just enough. The sinister green ray hits the floor with a sizzle, leaving a smoking hole.
Minerva's eyes narrow, as she springs. High pitched screams of pain are soon heard. "You dare *WHAM* (slams him against a tabletop) try to hurt *WHAM*(slams him against it again)...you....you...*WHAM*(slams into table top again) CRUNCH (tabletop shatters)..." Breathing heavily, she pockets the nasty little weapon, and turns away from his unconcious(For quite a while, by the look of him) form, and back towards the Heterodyne Drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm 

~Outside~
Fredric grit his teeth, ignoring the blossoming pain in his hand.
Sparks danced across his face, the Book inside of him starting repairs, slowly- It would still be a while before he had his sight back, let alone smell.

"A: Cut the !#$! and tell us who you are. No Zeta needs to ask what we are. B: Get someone elses body, An C yourself th' hell away from here!" he said, coughing slightly.
Wait, did he just make a pun *that bad*? He was blaming that on the pain.

Freddy leaned against Nega-Zobot (or, as he called him, 'Davy'), scowling. He could hear bones cracking- stupid Fredric, havin' all the fun.

"Ah can take care of mahself, dammit. And Fahther knows that. He just likes yelling at you, thass all." he grumbled, wiping his streaming eyes- he was sparking in a similar manner to his alternate, only in different colors.

"Mmm-Hmm. What's 'Zeta'?" asked Nega-Zobot, taking out a cloth and wiping Freddy's face.

"Us. The one universal constant ya can count on is the middle name- Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Epsilon, Omega, 'N us- Zeta. Always The same family, more or less."

~Inside, the Kitchen~
Andrew grabbed David by the shoulders, shaking him slightly.
"David? David!" he looked him in the eyes, checking his pulse- it was slowing, his eyes seemed unfocused.
His Mind was open, all right. Too open. He was Reading.

Andrew winced, mind racing there had to be something, anything. Universal Antidote diddn't cover Forced Enlightenment.

"Universal Laws of Dramatic Tension, Don;t fail me now." he muttered, setting him carefully against a counter. He stomped on the floor once, twice- *CRASH!*
and broke through, falling gracefully through the floor into the Tiger Pit.
"Alright. You gave my friend some tea, yes? Well, I need to know how to stop it. Now, please. And don;t try attacking- I raise GRUES for a *hobby*.

Post subject: Too many friggin' Zobots...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm 

-Michael and Nega-Zobot-

Michael sighed. "I was planning on getting a new body anyway. This one isn't quite optimized enough for my tastes." He rolled his eyes, trying to seem as sincere as he possibly could. "As for who I am... it's difficult to say. Genetically, I'm a clone of you, except apparently missing a few features." His gaze tilted up to the rather pronounced bunny ears Frederic was sporting. "But I haven't quite decided on what sort of person I should be just yet. Except that I don't quite want to turn out like him." With his free hand he pointed over at Nega-Zobot.

Nega-Zobot promptly scowled at him. "Why don't you just admit it already? It's not like Freddy wouldn't find a way to get it out of me sooner or later."

Michael closed his eyes and sighed. With his free hand he reached back into his pocket and flipped a switch on a certain device. "Fine. I suppose there's no need for subtly. I am Michael... Toboz, I suppose technically. A mental amalgamation of the combined memories and knowledge that the Zobot Arm gathered during it's attempted conquest, with a dominant imprint of it's own consciousness mixed in as well. So essentially, I am the Arm, except with the capacity for emotion."

Frederic felt panic rising in the back of his mind. Something, somewhere, was humming slightly.

"And before anyone asks, I wasn't here to pick up where the Arm left off. I came here to enjoy myself and socialize a bit. I have no further interest in any of you, and I don't feel any need to continue pursuing Zobot's petty grudges, like the Arm did." He grinned slightly as he pulled himself free of Frederic's now trembling hand. "I'm going to be nice and let you both off scot-free for this, since I technically did copy off of your design. BUT... If you get any silly ideas about getting back at me, or interrupting my work, or science-save-us-all trying to 'bring me to justice'... well, in the attempt you will be killing anyone you ever love, destroying everything you build, and souring any food you ever eat. I have no quarrel with any of you... unless YOU start it."

He put his hands in his pockets and walked away. "I'm going to go back inside and mingle now. Try to have a little fun and such. Tomorrow I'll be gone and freshly decanted in a new body, so don't worry there. Incidentally, you might be wondering why your heart is racing right now." With his arms in his pockets, he flipped a switch off. "A while ago David Toboz attempted to modify a Narbon mind-control device to give him the advantage while using a giant robot. He destroyed the thing while using it. The Arm scanned and copied Narbon's design... and improved upon it. It's quite useful for making people around you feel certain emotions... as long as they don't consciously know what's going on." With a sigh, he walked off back towards the club.

Nega-Zobot's eye twitched. "F-fascinating... I expected him to just be another evil opposite..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Tiger Pit-

Sebastian, the dominant male, knew when to challenge uppity humans and when to back down. Keeping his tail low and his ears folded back, so as to not miscommunicate his intent, he padded off into the shadows and returned with a small scone in his muzzle. Using pantomime gestures, he indicated to Andrew Tinker that the baked good needed to be ingested by David for it to work.

-Xin Yun

Post subject: Please Note that Fredric does not speak for the author.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm 

Fredric lept, tackling him around the waist and pinning him, jamming his knee into his back.
"You son of a-NEVER,EVER use mind control on me AGAIN."

he took a deep breath, calming down.
"Okay, FINE. Go and live your life. But you know what? You don;t get to call the terms. I will leave you alone, just like I would have anyways. How dare you suggest I would do anything else? You don;t know me, you don;t know us, and you don;t get to ACT like that. And oath for oath- if you @#$! with us- ANY of us- again, like this, EVER again, and I svear I vill hunt hyu down like a dog." he said icily, before getting back up, pulling him to his feet.
Everyone has their limits, and Fredrics had been crossed. He could stand having someone randomly attack him, or even to get in a misunderstanding and attack someone else. But he wouldn't stand to be manipulated, and treated like a murderous monster.
He hated that. Apparantly you had to be a weak-willed saint OR an unstoppable monster bent on murdering people for sneezing.

"Treat me and my family like we're people, worth a little respect, and I will do the same. Treat us like monsters, and we WILL be. Otherwise, we could even be friends- who knows? By the way, I recommend ducking Nega Da- hes gonna be twitchy about wormface being all blinded and all." he said- not unpleasantly-, before turning to help Freddy.

"What, that's IT?" snapped Freddy.

"It's the difference between me and you- I'm a Mean Hero, and your an Alright villain. Now shut up and stop rubbing- you're just getting more stuff in your eyes, ya ponce."

~Inside~
Andrew climbed back up into the kitchen- funny, the chefs didn't seem to have noticed. Must be used to it.

He broke the scone up, and held a piece of it to David's lips.
"Eat this, okay? It will help. Come on, focus on me..." he said, not really realizing what he was saying.
When 'Reading' focusing meant something very...different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:03 pm 
Heh heh heh.

JanetTor was having one of the worst days of his life. After accepting the 'tour', he had been grabbed unexpectedly, had tricks jump out at him, been sprayed with goodness-knew-what, bitten into what turned out not to be a caramel apple but a caramel onion, had stuff dumped on his head, and he was sure that someone had patted him on the butt when he wasn't looking. He hadn't noticed the blue hair yet.

He'd tried to get out of it. Repeatedly. Unfortunately, the Narbons hung on tight, giggling like schoolgirls whenever JanetTor fell into something particularly nasty. Meeting Xerox was the last straw.

"Enough! I didn't want this 'tour' of yours when it started, and I don't want it now!"

"Oh? Why didn't you say so?" asked Maria, in a disappointed tone.

"All right..." said Jane. "Look, we didn't mean any harm or anything..." said Jane, her eyes threatening to tear up. "It's just..." She stuck out a hand. "Friends?"

After looking very carefully to see that it was empty, JanetTor took the hand, and shook it.

"Thanks!" said JN, as she and Maria stood by while JanetTor walked off in a huff.

Only once he was out of earshot did Maria ask Jane, "What exactly did you give him in that handshake?"

Jane peeled off the slap patch that was stuck to her hand, as she and MN wandered over to the 'Heterodyne fight'.

"Heh. Let's just say... he'll remember it forever."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 am 

Michael gasped, then snarled. "I apologize for taking steps to defend myself with what limited resources I had. If you haven't forgotten, the last time we met it was not on the most diplomatic of terms, Frederic." His tone was icy and emotionless. Having a knee jammed into his back tended to annoy him. "Treat you with respect? I thought you were coming to KILL me!" With an arm, he gestured over at Freddy. "He certainly was considering it."

"And the mind control device?" Nega-Zobot looked fairly skeptical. "You can hardly say you were defending yourself then. Frederic had even said he wasn't intending on hurting you. TOO much, anyway."

Michael looked a bit embarrassed. "I...well, I'm still getting used to dealing with the impulses and urges of a huge sack of flesh again. Apparently I don't much like having someone grab my arm like that." He looked down. "Not to mention the fact that apparently my creator saw fit to use a teenage body. I'm not really used to the hormones."

As Frederic got off him, Michael looked over. One of the benefits of being a robotic arm was that he HADN'T been burdened with emotions. Like, guilt, for starters. He reached into his pocket and removed a small, spherical steel device with a single dial on it. "Here." He tossed it on the ground next to Frederic and Freddy. "Go ahead and take it. That way you can be sure I'm not going to mind control anyone else tonight. I can build more if I need to, and that one's only useful for causing fear in people. Even then, only if they're not aware it's doing it." He dusted himself off. "Sorry, I guess." Turning, he started to walk off back towards the club.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:11 am 

Fredric glanced at him.
"Cool. Apology accepted, mate- an' for th' record, 'Freddy' typically wants to kill almost everybody. 'Es just a jerk like that."

"Pfft. Wuss." snarled Freddy.

"Again: Jerk." satisfied that his alternate was going to recover he picked up the device from the ground and caught up with Micheal, turning it over.

" 'S a good design- sonic, right? Uh, the mind control things is a.... thing with my family... I can explain if ya like, but the short version is confusing, an' the long version is practically a dissertation on Lucrezia Mongfish an' our stupid, stupid ancestors."

Micheal stopped, looking at him with confusion.
"Why are you...?

"Well, we already threatened t' hunt each other down 'n kill each other. Way things work f'r my family, that means we're already practically best friends." he sneezed suddenly, expelling some of the black smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:36 am 

-Michael-

Michael felt remarkably confused. He hadn't expected an outcome like this. Friends? Lucrezia Mongfish? Was this rabbit mad?

Well, of course he was. Michael had forgotten where he was. He closed his eyes and slouched a bit. "Mint leaves."

Before Frederic or anyone else could question what the heck he was talking about, he spoke up again. "The wild mint plant has a unique taste... caused by certain unique chemicals inside the plant itself. These chemicals counteract that powder I threw in your faces..eventually. You'll still be out of it for at least an hour, but then it wouldn't ruin your entire evening."

He started walking back towards the club. "Good luck finding something like that out here this late in the year, though. And Frederic? I'll keep in touch... if you can figure out the 128-bit encryption I use on my e-mails, that is." Michael went back inside, leaving Nega-Zobot to grumble about how they had interrupted his fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

He sat up after swallowing a few pieces of the breadstuff, his head still kinda spinny, but the sensations shrinking every second. "WaIt...I tHoUgHt EvEry thiNg was just lettErs, but that doesn't make... any sense..." He yawned and shook his head. "Ah...thanks for...whatever you did. I don't quite remember what happened after the whole talking tiger bit but I really appreciate whatever it is you just did to stop whatever it was that I was suffering from."

-Elleb-

Bored AGAIN. She had already scribbled on several people's faces, brought some of the food back to life, and even woven several bows and ribbons into Dr. Dana Amino's hair. (As well as a little note asking people who see her from behind not to mention anything to her) And there STILL wasn't anything exciting going on!

She fluttered in the air, dropping a bit as a partially convincing Bill Heterodyne went flying through the air, through the area she WOULD have been if she hadn't dodged. Yup, there was absolutely nothing to so. Then she saw it, and squealed. Looking around, the first person she saw was that man she had helped the nice lightning lady pair up with. She fluttered over to Wallycaine and landed on his shoulder, tugging on a lock of his hair and chiming excitedly. She directed his vision over to a large, steam-powered billiards table someone had set up near the dessert tray, and rang in a manner that sounded remarkably challenging.

She hoped he would play with her. It had been entirely TOO long since she had beaten anyone in such a game.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 pm 

Fredric walked back inside, already setting aside time for decryption later. First, he needed to hit up the kitchens for some mint. Damn, his eyes stung. Beat that stupid cake frosting right out... even the lemon.

Freddy snorted slightly.
"What, did he getcher feathers all ruffled? Lemme guess, referred to your relationship with mah father in a less than kind manner, perhapse hintin' that yew relai on his abilities. An' then, your precious honor hurt, yew did what you always do." he said sarcastically, shaking his head slightly, vision clearing a little.

Nega Zobot shot him a dirty look, helping him inside.
"Maybe." he said, needled by the youngest Tinker.

"Gawd in heaven. Can't yew ever think of anythin' t' do besides fightin'? An' don't look at me like that- Me an' mai idiot 'cousin' 'r different. We just hate each other. You being so goddamn wishy washy about Father- thats someone smart bein' dumb."

~Inside~
Andrew smilled.
"Oh, not much. You just stopped me from scarring a crowd of scientists for life, and were very sweet. And then you almost died from forced realization of the basic truth of our universe. But now I think you're alright." he said cheerfully.

"Oh, he is.. but you're not. That was very sweet, by the way." said Nega-Tinker, stepping inside the kitchen with a curious gun leveled at them.

Before either of them could react, he casually fired at the both of them.
With a 'poof' Andrew was suddenly clothed in a fluffy pink dress, with long white gloves and green earrings. David was in red overalls, with a blue shirt underneath and a 'D' emblazoned on the front of a little hat.

~The Brawl~

The doors from the kitchen slammed open, revealing nega Tinker in a tan suit, his hair dyed red and a green, spiked shell on his back. Over his shoulder was an unconscious Andrew, in his 'Princess Peach outfit.

This was more than sufficient to halt the ensuing brawl.

"I've kidnapped the Princess. Try and stop me. MUA HAHAHAHA HA!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next