Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Arts
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

I need to draw more.

Anna Umbra, the fighter of her generation of Umbras.

Eliza and Mark tease her about this, since she is better at combat than long-term strategy. I think she fights the Tinker Twins from time to time (and usually loses).

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm 

Ok, I realized I forgot to post these here. I did two drawings of Dr. Beard.

I liked this one more in the sketch, but the final drawing was more mleh. I have no idea.

I suspect I just like this one more because (a) angler fish headband, and (b) those books came out better than I thought. I want one of those headbands.

Also, snail boots. Because.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm 

Also, this.

This is pretty much the best thing ever.

Tinker commissioned Mu to draw a Claire for me and EEEEEEEEEEEEE SHE IS SO CUTE OH MY GOSH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ahem. I just think Mu's art is awesome.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SHE DREW CLAIRE AND CLAIRE LOOKS PERFECT AAAAAAAAAH)

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Wow! That is awesome!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm 

Eeee! That's so cool!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 am 
New Madsci

So, somewhere out there lurks my artistic side. While I usually hide my pictures in a hard-encrypted vault deep in my hard-drive, occasionally something is good enough to display, such as this avatar thingy. It's all silhouetty because I still can't draw faces to save my life.

Attachment:
EccentricOrbit1a.jpg
EccentricOrbit1a.jpg [ 12.23 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

PS - I love the angler-fish headband thingy in Claire's drawing. :lol: I wish I had had one of those back when I was a kid and stayed up too late reading in bed. I made do with a snake-light, but that thing ate C batteries like pez.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:14 pm 

Very nifty.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

That is so cool, EO!

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 pm 
New Madsci

So, I've made a lot more progress than I expected with OpenMPT. I managed to use the basic MIDI library to bash this together after only a day or so relearning some basic music theory, scales, and stuff:

http://www.amssolarempire.com/Music/StuffinCMinor.mp3

Not particularly mad sciencey ... yet. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm 

All the internets, sir.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:05 pm 

EO, you are one talented dude.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 am 
Heh heh heh.

Neato!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 pm 

I sort of managed to draw a Dr. Cutename.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:18 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Oh my. I rather like the way the skirt bells out... it adds something to the piece.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 pm 

Damien and Sparky: POSE AS A TEAM

------

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm 

*squees loudly* I Like!

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm 
Heh heh heh.

I can't believe I forgot to post this... anyways, this is Jane, cosplaying as Trickster Jane (no relation) from Homestuck! I hope you like it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24