Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Arts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:58 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Following hot on the heels of Dark Sailor Jane, we have.... Dark Sailor Maria!

Attachment:
Dark Sailor Maria.png
Dark Sailor Maria.png [ 420.17 KiB | Viewed 1887 times ]

Don't get too close.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:00 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Ravel! The future version of Eta, except when he's in the past! ...get Tinker to explain it.

That outfit was SO much fun to draw.

(edited because I forgot his freckles)

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:28 pm 

Group shot of the Black Hat Brigade!

Rolf, Stephan, Boris, Ravel, and Heinrich. In uniform, because why not.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 pm 

EEEEE!!!! I love it-thank you, Claire!

Poor Rolf. A measly 5'4" when Boris and Stephan are 7' tall. Oh, this is a great group shot.
The BHB has been one of the more fun game snowballs I've been a part of. Jane casually mentioned a table of jaeger tourists one day, and I ran with it.With help from all of you. Rolf-short on size,high on common sense, burly, surly Boris, goofy Heinrich, laid back and sardonic Stephan-and we all know this Ravel guy. :)
Yay snowballs. And thanks again, Claire.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Well, as most of you know; Wally's dad suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized, so I decided to put together a simple get well soon card. Here it is.

Attachments:
get well card.jpg
get well card.jpg [ 45.79 KiB | Viewed 1828 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:47 pm 

Alright, I've been bad about posting my stuff lately.

Here's Teal as a distraction.

Playing in the rain! In teeny ducky raingear!

And being all tired from playing in the rain, and ready for bed. I don't know why so much of her clothing has cute little birdies on it. It just does.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:56 pm 

D'awww...so cute!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:35 pm 

a bit of art I finished recently. Future Foigran. Next time: Elizabeth, Cooky, The steve, and fFoigran x The Steve

Attachments:
future foigran.jpg
future foigran.jpg [ 104.5 KiB | Viewed 1798 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:17 pm 

This intrigues me. Future Foigran looks younger. The hair makes a huge difference in that. And all the different expressions-smiling, thoughtful, sad. Biggest change facial wise is old Foigran seems to radiate contempt. New Foigran is also scarred, but it's old Foigran who looks horrific.
Old seems evil, new doesn't.
(I'm assuming that Future Foigran isn't as evil, from the fact that Future Foigran possibly ends up with Future Steve, but who knows?) Old Foigran-well, the bit you wrote about what he did to those people, back during the housewarming party bit in the wars...Brr! Pure nightmare fuel.
And Future Foigran doesn't give off that vibe at all. I don't know if that's what you intended, it's just my impression of your art.
I wonder about the ragged clothes on both Foigrans. The incident that gave him his abilities also messed him up physically, right? Is there something like an aura of decay that permeates anything that he wears to match his morphic resonance? Or does he simply prefer to dress that way?
Anyway, well done, Demo.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 am 

YES! My tablet is working again! (don't ask me why it wasn't working earlier, I have no idea, it just works now)

To get my drawing skills oiled, first did a line of the Bees

Don't bother trying to figure out which is which. Even they don't know at times.

Hmm I should draw them in better clothing coming to think about it, That will be for when I do a color version.

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm 

Ok so I lied when I said I would change their clothes

But dang, I don't think I myself can approach those two now. They seem to radiate trouble to even those who don't know them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:25 pm 

I will continue to practice my rusty drawings for a long time to come. Unlike demo I am gonna post them when I finish them. Otherwise I will take up about 5 pages in one day (big plans)

Pamela.

She can out looking more oriental then I wanted. Sorry Pamela! I didn't mean it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:17 pm 

First up on this art dump is Brynhildr, Natalie's fellow Valkyrie and not friend.

Attachments:
Brynhildr.jpg
Brynhildr.jpg [ 36.19 KiB | Viewed 1752 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:21 pm 

Next up is Natalie, not the traditional view of beauty but I think she looks pretty good actually.

Attachments:
Natalie.jpg
Natalie.jpg [ 28.89 KiB | Viewed 1751 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:23 pm 

Next up is Liam, one of Loki's kids and guy who can 'fix' anything.

Attachments:
Liam.jpg
Liam.jpg [ 25.26 KiB | Viewed 1749 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:27 pm 

Next up is Bernard, Elizabeth's older brother. Football star, mad genius, and don't mention the hello kitty shirt or you'll get a lecture on Gender roles.

Attachments:
Bernard.jpg
Bernard.jpg [ 27.27 KiB | Viewed 1745 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 pm 

A second possible version of Elizabeth... not sure if I like this one or the first I drew more... maybe both?*shrug*

Attachments:
Elizabeth2.jpg
Elizabeth2.jpg [ 24.49 KiB | Viewed 1745 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm 

And The Steve in glorious ink format. :P

Attachments:
The Stever.jpg
The Stever.jpg [ 28.73 KiB | Viewed 1742 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:40 pm 

and to finish the night off. The Steve and future Foigran

Attachments:
Steve fFoigran.jpg
Steve fFoigran.jpg [ 41.53 KiB | Viewed 1739 times ]

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:53 pm 

Because I can, I felt it necessary to post some of my character's reactions to this awesome art dump.

Sarcastic:
Huh. So THAT'S Brynhildyr? She looks cooler than Natalie's drunken ranting
would imply. Bernard looks hot, though.

Natalie:
...Mister Demothesis' author? Can you please draw a picture of me cracking the knuckles of one fist and getting ready to maul you? I may have to after you referred to me as a Valkyrie... I am NOT a Valkyrie...

David: Seriously, though. Thank you, Mr. Demothesis' writer! All your art is amazing, and I really kinda want to see Roland in the main game sometime!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 pm 

The captain and Fairchild from my short story. Cause I like them.

interesting fact. This is the most skin I have ever had any of my characters show.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:11 am 

Oh man, these are great! I like Bernards resemblance to his dad... and clearly he expects no trouble about the shirt. Not since the last lecture on gender politics.

And the Steve looks great here- you captures the oddness of his face brilliantly. And his general... huge... edity. Someday If I ever make a size chart, the range is going to be boggling. >>

fSteve: Awww, you;re all cute and grumpy~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 pm 

He does look like his dad. And he has a flower belt buckle, to go with his Hello Kitty shirt.
I see The Steve has an American flag tattooed on his arm-nice touch. Nifty art, Demo.
And Hawk, nicely done.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm 

So I did the four voices in Rose's head...

Emotion and Reason!

Claire doesn't really have the distinct personalities Rose does- these are just standard facet things like are in everyone else's heads. This is what happens when I think about these things too much. The backgrounds are like that because they're in Claire's head, and, well, it's Claire's head.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

This is what happens when you do the same thing on The List twice.

Attachments:
Starheart045.jpg
Starheart045.jpg [ 194.93 KiB | Viewed 1557 times ]

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:17 pm 

Once again I strive to infuriate by not sizing my pictures. Now I expand on that by giving them in bits! Anyway here is the draft MSW family tree, made by a bored M intern one day. I'll do a more computerized version later. Maybe. Enjoy!

Attachments:
CCF15032011_00001.jpg
CCF15032011_00001.jpg [ 422.53 KiB | Viewed 1510 times ]
CCF15032011_00000.jpg
CCF15032011_00000.jpg [ 696.14 KiB | Viewed 1510 times ]

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm 

Wow! but a couple of corrections...Dr. Omega (a.k.a. Dr. Wilhelm Dries) and Dr. Penelope Goodbody are Minerva's parents. Never married. Both mad.
Minerva is married to Vladimir Viktor. The triplets are the siblings of Chic, parents Vladimer and Elena Lopez. (She was pregnant with quads, 3 were put in cryo suspension) They are Elena,Wilhem, and Callisto.
Very cool, I like this!

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 pm 

Thanks! Writing down. By the way, a solid line between two people doesn't necessarily mean they're married. Just that they had kids.

------

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm 

Heh, you asked for notes... Sorry there are a bunch. They're really minor.

Alexander, Luke, Logan, James, Eliza, Isaac, and Anson are all Mad. Steven isn't, but he's not married to Anson anymore, so he probably shouldn't be on the tree anyway.

James's mom is named Vienna.

Claire is annoyed that adoptions don't count for the tree, especially because Desius was adopted and HE gets all his parents labeled and she thinks it's mean that she doesn't get to be her Da's, too.

Arthur is annoyed that robots don't count as descendants, but tends to ramble less than Claire.

Crash is annoyed he can't be a boy, just because he's a robot, but he isn't on the tree anyway.

Laitu shares Claire's genetic material, even if she's more like a sister. (Laitu is a modified sClaire) Laitu also has a daughter named Teal, whose Dadee is Rando (full name Random) Veelan.

Rando Veelan's father is Shadow Y. Veelan. Shadowy is currently romantically involved with James and Eliza.

Logan's shape should be a diamond, not a square.

Grace and Luke have another sibling. And their last name isn't Umbra.

Oh, and I can't remember the names of the triplets, but I'm sure someone else can fill them in...

Anyway, this is awesome, Sarah! I'm impressed!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 am 

Hmm, didn't know Shadowy was involved with James and Eliza! Oh, and Andrew Tinker's slimeclone is Andromeda, Andro for short, and of course Primary Xerox's Clone is Secondary.
Jess's parents....I need to look up their names again! Last name Gallagher. He's mad. She isn't.

C Valente

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next