Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Arts
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:13 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Well, my mom was nice enough to buy me some stuff from the dollar store and a few spray-paint cans, and my little sister let me borrow her paint set... I'm still not so good at painting, but I think these came out ok for first attempts.

It's not the best lighting, but just to give you a sense of scale-

Yes, they're pretty tiny. I have some bigger ones that I'll hopefully paint at some point.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 pm 

Nifty! Painting squirt guns is loads of fun. I have some awaiting my attention, too. Eventually!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:46 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

WHAT

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Attachments:
Vulpix David.png
Vulpix David.png [ 408.62 KiB | Viewed 1890 times ]

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:10 pm 

Change blindness is an inability to notice changes that occur during a period of inattention. It is caused by a shortcut the brain takes in order to process visual information without driving you insane.

Attachments:
Chicachu.png
Chicachu.png [ 130.62 KiB | Viewed 1830 times ]

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

Last edited by Sarah McLaren on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The Mad Poke Wars
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm 

It's another one.

Attachments:
Absol Andrew.png
Absol Andrew.png [ 691.1 KiB | Viewed 1852 times ]

------

Post subject: More
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 pm 

Damien and Beth both like cookies.

Attachments:
Damien and Beth.png
Damien and Beth.png [ 78.76 KiB | Viewed 1840 times ]

------

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm 

Here's my raygun that started as a broken piece of rusty pipe. I wanted something that look old, dug up and put in a museum or someone's private collection. From New Victoria, Mars, Circa 1887. The gallery owner says of I can come up with a series of artifacts, she'll give me a wall!

Attachments:
ray gun 1.jpg
ray gun 1.jpg [ 36.94 KiB | Viewed 1810 times ]
ray gun 2.jpg
ray gun 2.jpg [ 31.43 KiB | Viewed 1810 times ]

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm 

Happy Halloween, MSW!

Attachments:
MSW Halloween 2011.JPG
MSW Halloween 2011.JPG [ 46.85 KiB | Viewed 1788 times ]

------

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 pm 

Nice! I recognize Kylin and Kunda, Axel, Buggy, and Sarah-does that mean the guy on the end is Damien? If it is, what happened to him? If it's not, who is it? I'm curious.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:22 pm 

Yes, it is Damien, in second-teir form. Basically going as himself.

------

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm 

Man, it's been a long time since I did one of these.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:26 pm 

This is silly and will make no sense to anyone who hasn't seen Phineas and Ferb.

Primary and Secondary singing 'Busted.'

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:35 pm 

Jess: *wolf whistle* Nice look, Buttercup.
Chic: Which outfit?
Jess: Both.

Okay, I've seen the clip 'Busted' on line, so I kind of get it. And I can totally see him singing that! But...Primary *and* Xerox? I'm confused.....

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Jess: *wolf whistle* Nice look, Buttercup.
Chic: Which outfit?
Jess: Both.

Okay, I've seen the clip 'Busted' on line, so I kind of get it. And I can totally see him singing that! But...Primary *and* Xerox? I'm confused.....

...Primary and Secondary. I just need to actually read the words I'm typing.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:58 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

So, after tomorrow I'll be done with my finals and I'm in the mood to do a bit of drawing. Specifically pictures of the "let's get dangerous" tone. so, anyone who's got a character who would fit that trope, or if you just want a pic of a character showing off their combat skills, PM me with who, what they look like, what kinds of weapons/fighting styles/etc they use, and who they'd be fighting. I'll start work on the ones that sound fun tomorrow night most likely.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Post subject: Birds of a feather
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 pm 

So, it went a little like this. I was talking with Jane about micronations, and how Xyon could totally be a city-state if it wanted to and then Axis Powers Hetalia and then this.

:)

EDIT: Now with Himaruya style notes!
FURTHER EDIT: Actual pic!

City-State of Xyon
Xyon:
Should I declare independence? Ehhhhh, it’s too much trouble.

Xyon is friendly and laid-back, and spends most of his days shuffling around in slippers and drinking coffee. When pushed, though, he can show a bad ass side! He’s never fazed by anything, and somewhat ditzy.

He is, of course, a Spark.

He teasingly calls Mechanicsburg “Big Sis”, even though they aren’t technically related. While he’s not exactly naïve, he’s too young to remember the days when settlements headed by Sparks fought tooth and nail. He also loves her coffee.

Did we mention the coffee?

City-State of Mechanicsburg
Mechanicsburg:
Oh, this little thing?~ (when asked about her sword)

While she may look small and unassuming, Mechanicsburg can kick your ass six ways to Sunday and then beat you at a drinking contest. She’s rough and ready and up for anything! She has a lot of traits left over from her days as a bandit town.

She adores the Heterodynes, and has pictures of all of them in her house.

She’s less Sparky than Xyon, given that her population is more henches, minions, monsters and experiments, with Sparks in less proportion, but she still knows her way around a toolbox.

------

Last edited by Sarah McLaren on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:00 am 

I like this. A lot. And yes, the personification of Xyon really needs to be running around the city. Dooo iit!!
Post this pic to the mad arts page? *puppy eyes*

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:27 pm 

I drew Shadowy Villain (Rando's dad) doing plottings.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 am 

Hee, the mug is a nice touch. Nifty!

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm 

More Vulpix!David! This was part of an experiment to see if I could draw action-y scenes.

BONUS: Guess who this is!

------

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:38 pm 

Allrighty! Since I cannot draw, have a nerdy shadowbox wall art thingy.

C Valente

Post subject: Kids
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm 

Here is Cam and Estrella!

------

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 pm 

I like!

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 pm 

I STILL cannot get Chic's wings right. I kind of like how the harness came out, though. I'm claiming the way it cuts off her lower pockets is a design flaw that has since been fixed.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Eee! She's lightning-flossing! Like it, Claire!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 pm 

Eeee!!!! I love it!

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

So do I! *hitches ride on bandwagon*

------

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 am 
Hyperkeeper

A short note: if you're going to post an image link, [img] tags are the perfect thing! To use [img] tags, enclose the link to the image file in the tags, like so:

[img]somesite.com/image.png[/img]

Selecting the link and pressing the "Img" button in the post window will do this automatically.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 am 

Andrew again! Now with purple-tinged hair, because 5 am is not a time for making sense.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 pm 

oooooOOOOooo

That is awesome, Claire. :D

Speaking of which!

------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next