Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Frankenstein 1000 Grand Prix
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:14 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Andrew sighed a little, shifting the hand back and clicking a little piece in as Xerox bounced on the pavement behind them. He glanced over to watch Xerox get back up and launched himself back at the machine, cursing loudly in what sounded like Mandarin Chinese.

"I know I could grow it back... but it wouldn't be *my* hand anymore. It took me years to train myself to write as fast as I can. A artificial replacement is easier to calibrate- no recovery time for finesse." he said, ripping the face off of his pocket calculator for the security code input.

"And if someone else had destroyed my hand, I wouldn't mind just replacing it. But that just isn't he case, so I prefer to just work around it." he said simply, a little regrettfull look crossing his face for a moment before he grinned.
"That, and I have an awesome cousin who made me a crazy-cool robot hand that scares the hell out of my students. So score. And I think I have a spare lazr here somewhere- I tend to make them when i'm bored. Like doodling.."
Of course, there was also the matter about only getting 'repaired' by the Heterodynes, but that was a pretty loose rule for them. For him it was more important to accept the consequences of his own behavior...
With all great power....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Radcliffe smiled. He wasn't doing anything useful-just shooting stuff. He came in for another close range shot and ran along the creature's back.

Shink

His glasses slid off of each other along a cutline. "Dammit' would'ja watch'itt d'mon."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:33 pm 

"Well, as long as it's not that unpleasant." We start to bolt the laser on. "After this, I think we'll be about done. How close do you think the teleporter will have to be to work? We could just throw it at the monster, but I was kind of hoping I could keep it- because it's useful to have a spare teleporter around, of course. I can probably run up and tackle the monster- and maybe give it a hug- without being killed. Do you know if this thing is compatable with any sort of wireless portal-generator or something I can stick on the monster while I'm at it?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 pm 

Xerox skidded to a stop next to them, a pile of random machine parts in hand.
"Okay, I have the stuff for a portal, you guys got the generator?" he asked, panting slightly.

Andrew and Claire stared at him for a moment, watching as blood trickled down his face from a wide gash.

"... what?! It'll heal in, like, half an hour! We need the damn portal working now, because If I know how the universe goes, it's gonna be a bitch about this." he snapped, crouching and beginning to assemble th eparts he needed.

"Here's the deal- this is the portal generator, which is separate from the main components." he said, handing Claire a small hoop cobbled from wire and metal bits.

"If this works, you just toss it, and it'll expand around the target. We hit the main device, and it gets teleported. Mind you, a plan that simple is almost guaranteed to failure. So we improvize."

He punched in a number sequence into the machine and wiped his face, standing up shakily.
"So, good luck. You're fast, Claire. So I'll be on distraction on this stupid big ball of Dues Ex Machina incarnate."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 pm 

"'K! Oh, wait, I'd better figure out exactly where it is, first. HEY, ANYONE WHO MIGHT CONCIEVABLY NOT LIKE BEING BLOWN INTO LITTLE PIECES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY MOVE!" With that, I start hurling explosives around the general area, watching where they bounce, where they explode, and which direction the shrapnel tends to fly.

That finished, I sprint toward the monster, leaping onto it and giving it a hug. I can't help it- giant destroying monstrocities are so cuddly. Now I just have to drop the portal, and get off the thing so I don't get transported to the zombie apocolypse universe by accident...

I call to Mister Tinker. "You about ready to turn it on?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm 

Andrew nodded.
"I'm ready! GO!" he yelled, hitting the sequence button.

"It'll teleport in TEN seconds!" he yelled, making sure she could hear him. On the Monster Sayasuke suddenly appeared next to Claire, nodding respectfully.

"Miss Claire, I beleive it is time to go..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:05 pm 

"Ok, hang on..." Dump sticky stuff on the portal generator- just strong enough to overcome gravity, not something I wouldn't be able to get off if someone, say, shoved me into it- drop it on the monster, grab Saya and do a backflip off the monster to get us both out of range...

Maybe two seconds left until the teleporter goes off. Or five. Or 100. Or .2. Keeping track of time in my head is such a pain...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm 

(That girl...)

Radcliffe flips away from the monster, giving it a parting shot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:13 pm 

Michael sighed and looked up. "Everyone here is putting entirely too much effort into defeating something that's essentially just a manifestation of someone's psychological problems." He stretched his arms out with a yawn. "I suppose while they're all off doing the work, I can catch a few moments of shut-eye." He walked over and grabbed a few parts scattered around the wolf pit, and in no time at all had assembled a make-shift hammock, which he lay down in, reclining. "Someone scream in terror when the next monster arrives, will you?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 am 
Hyperkeeper

The teleported triggered, enveloping the beast in a nimbus of light as it roared. The outline flashed for a second, then.... it was gone.

SoItBegins smiled, turning conversationally to Jane Narbon. "You know, it turns out my pure id alone didn't really make for a good enough design."

She raised one eyebrow. "So?"

"So... I improved it a bit."

With a crashing noise, the boundaries of the universe tore in the pit, and a giant form came back through, now glowing with strange matter. It was unstoppable! The thing slewed left and right, slicing into Mads and Henches alike. All fell before it. There was no--

Without warning, the beast paused, standing still. Claire looked up at the creation area and saw SoItBegins standing next to Jane Narbon, her arm around his shoulder and a particularly wicked grin on her face. His face, on the other hand, bore an expression best described as "Here we go again!"
As the others watched, he collapsed.

The thing roared, as somewhere a victory tune began to play. Gathering in energy, it focused, becoming more and more solid, turning white-hot.
Then, it exploded.

KA-BOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The blast created leveled the wolf pit, and reduced the people inside to fine white dust. No other trace remained.

After a short pause, Prime started the process of rebuilding the pit (and resurrecting the people inside) from the data it had saved earlier... then it was done. The next monster was ready to be displayed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm 

Andronicus smiled. Well that was certainly entertaining. He'd have to check Mister Guy for tampering later though.

Radcliffe frowned as his body was having the finishing touches put on it. "Dam'et evrahone always gotta go an' blow me up." He tugged on his arms and legs. Everything seemed to be working.

flamma said, "it is my turn now correct?"

"Yes," said the Professor.

"very well, i shall have my gladiator's death." He marched toward the wolf pit. As the last person was pieced together he smiled, "i think everyone is going to have a lot of fun today."

He leapt into the pit firing lasers as fast as possible. "wheeeeee!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:34 pm 

Andrew whistled, letting the bubble-universe projector he;d pulled out of his pocket collapsed- leaving him and Clare unscathed. Sure, he would have been brought back... but it was always such an *uncomfortable* process. It was easier to just slip into apocket universe for a few seconds.

"Well... not the toughest monster I have yet faced, but still rather impressive." he said calmly, looking around.

Xerox landed on the ground out of mallet-space, wiping himself off. Ugh... Mallet-space always tasted so damn Manky. Like old shag carpet... Lemon fell out after him, giggling happily.
"Boom! Big boom! Weee hee heee heee!"

"Uh-huh. Big bada boom. I know, sweetheart." he said flatly, looking around... Sayasuke would re-form again as soon as he had a few minutes to recover, but he would be pissed his suit had bit it. Maybe the nanos would fix that...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:47 pm 

I laugh, happily. Explosions are so much fun. "Thanks, Mister Tinker!" And now there's someone shooting lasers and we have a *big* pile of explosives to play with. Of course, I still have a large stockpile in my pockets, but I think I was saving them for something...

I run toward the explosives, dodging rapidly. I *finally* remembered to line my coat with lead, so I should be ok for the most part, but being shot would still be annoying. Now, one of these, three of these, this doesn't look that powerful, but if used in combination with this it could probably destory about half the pit... Figures they wouldn't give us anything big- they probably don't want us blowing up the entire area before the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places get a chance to. Ah, well. This is *certainly* enough to have a lot of fun...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:53 pm 

Michael sighed as he emerged from the pile of ash that had been his previous body. Granted, SiB had brought him back, but dying was such a pain... He dusted himself off of himself and looked up. "Hmm... looks to be Andronicus' little toy next. I suppose I should at least make a token attempt at helping people defeat it." He looked around and began grabbing at parts lying around him. Stripping them apart and rewiring them into each other, he quickly had developed an interesting ray. He held it aloft and pointed it towards flamma, firing it.

Suddenly a mirror appeared in front of the creature, reflecting some of the lazers it had fired in that direction. Michael fired again and again, until the creature was trapped in a prism of mirrors on all sides. "Well, what will you do now, creature? You can't attack without hitting yourself!"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:59 pm 

"grr. that one shall receive more pain for this annoyance," he held up the gauntlet to shield him from the force as he fired a rocket at the mirror. Once out he fired several rockets at the annoying one.

Ignoring him for the moment he turned to the others. He sent out quick pulses of his lasers and a great many rockets to keep them moving so they would have trouble forming a plan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 am 

Rockets *and* lasers? This is great! I dodge back and forth, then toss a few explosives back at him.

*Ka-BOOM*
*Ka-BOOM*
*Ka-BOOM*

Hmmm... I wonder if he's more or less sturdy than the walls here... Well, only one way to test it!

*Ka-BOOM*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:41 pm 

Xerox looked up slowly, before sighing a little and grinning/
"ahh... now *this* is more like it. A problem I can solve by smacking it with a big stick." he said dreamily, adding weight to his staff. The cut on his cheek was almost half-healed, scabbing over oddly quickly. His adrenaline was surging... here, he knew what he had to do.

"Uh... boss? I'm seeing nanobots." pointed out Lemon, as Sayasuke slowly grew out of a shadow on the ground.

"Wha? Oh... hey! Saya! Get to work absorbing the electricity in these nanobots, will you? Now don;t bother me- I'm in my happy place." He said, before launching himself in the air, grin almost matching Claires.

"T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't!!!" he screamed, cackling madly as his staff whirrled through teh air.

Up in the audience, Rose sighed a little, clasping her hands together.
"Awww... he's using the old familly battle cry!" she said proudly.

"Indeed... he does good to his heritage." said Dr. Xerox, calmly watching while her husband went to go get drinks. Knowing him, it would be with someone else's wallet... heh.

"Sooo, did you deal with that awful woman?"

"Mm. Yes. I beleive she attempted to make me feel guilty for accosting her, and also therefore force me to emphasize with her and or feel I owed it to her for making her feel bad." she explained, idly tossing a small knife at a man who had been ready to throw something into the pit.

"... wow. She had no idea who she was dealing with, did she." said Rose, blinking in surprise.

"None. Instead I will now hold a grudge for a few decades. And as i understand it, she may have even forced her daughter into a dress. Deplorable."

"... But you wear a-"

"I am aware. But that is different."

Xerox bounced back from the robot as Claire started her assault, panting for breath. Adrenaline was purring in his veins, the sweet pace of battle smoothing the turmoil of his mind into a seamless running machine.
He was made to work better under pressure. That was why he would never leave M- the work was enough to drive a regular man insane, but it kept Xerox running.
But he worked *best* like this.

"Time to try out a new toy..." he said, stepping back and grabbing his badge. Luckily, his Suit had been upgraded by his very own little explosion-obsessed pink Q before he left. He wasn't happy with the theme, but apparently she'd gotten a hold of some cockamamie manga by some damn Omega or whatever... some character named 'Senei X' or something...
But whatever could tun this thing into scrap metal.

"Audio Permission Set: Primary Older-Brother Xerox Acess 01!" he said firmly, badge suddenly glowing brightly. After a second it seemed to ripple out into the air, swirling around in the air.

"Suit Mode: white Wedding" The light enveloped him in a swirling ball of white light before fading away, the glare leaving Xerox as a silhouette standing in the pit for a second before his power-up was visible.

His black suit was gone, replaced by what looked like a shimmering swhite tuxedo, with the sleeves ripped off and white gloves with the fingers cut off. Little traces of sliver glimmered in a pattern of delicate ones and zeoes, making him glint in the light.
He glanced down and twitched, cranking up the staff in his hands.

"This had better damn well be worth it..." he muttered,launching into the air- he was armored now, and had a fw other tricks up his sleeve. Too bad he couldn;t do a goddamn EMP with Lemon in the pit...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 pm 

flamma looked around at the chaos. He was at the center of it and that was nice. Well except for the fact that he was going to lose far too quickly. (i am too simple a construct to do this. i am only a reanimated corpse with nanobot boosts. i cannot last for any period as i am. why would the professor make me this way?)

flamma looked around. A large burst of white light. (and now green-hair has powered up. if enough of them do that my only advantage will be what i learn now. learn...)

flamma fired rockets around him in a quick succession exploding the ground around him to create a shield of Earth. It was temporary but enough.

(the professor expects me to learn and upgrade myself. i can do this.) He slammed his gauntlets into the wall of Earth even as gravity started pulling it back down. They broke apart.

Inside were, not only connections to aid in the production of rockets from material he absorbed, but also small bits of scrap and a few tools. flamma's access to the Professor's memory files made sense now.

The wall fell and he dashed off. He was building on the fly and his mental programs were not up to a Mad's level, but...

He lofted a large machine in his extraordinarily strong hand. It was connected to the arms fabricator. "this ought to fix the odds."

flamma fired. A goo shot out. Green and for lack of a better term, icky, it moved to cover the ground between him and the others. It will melt straight through the ground turning it into more of itself and doing the same to anything else that touched it.

"gray goo? how about green goo?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm 

Green goo... how do I deal with nanobot goo again?

I jump out of the way as it spreads. Right. Don't let it touch me. Now, I can attempt to fry the nanobots with lightning, or just melt them. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, wait. First I have to push the nanobot maker into the nanobots. That's just being polite. Avoid the green goo, get behind him and attempt to tackle him in parallel to the goo, so that I can launch myself away from it and him into it. Then I can zap the goo into oblivion.

Of course, getting around the goo is a bit problematic... I throw some more explosives at him to pass the time as I look for a good way across. How annoying. I can't get across until I zap the goo, and I can't zap the goo until I push its maker in, and I can't push its maker in until I get across.

Silly me. Not all of those are true. I quickly pick up a rock, dip it in the goo, and hurl it at him. I work quickly enough that the bots don't have time to eat through and get to my hands, and if I actually manage to hit him with any of the rocks, the nanobots will eat him. I retreat from the oncoming goo as I throw the rocks, thinking quickly. If another puddle forms, I can zap this one and still push him into a different one...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:27 am 
Hyperkeeper

With a whirring noise, the gray figure that was Prime appeared.

"Von Neumann machines, hm?" it said, almost wistfully. Then, it smiled.

Prime turned to the others, its smile becoming a nasty grin. "OK, this is personal now-- just leave it to me!"

Prime desolidified, forming a gray goo that leaped towards the green goo (and Flamma himself.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:11 am 

The rock hits flamma in the face. "oh no i've been touched by my nanos," he said rather sarcastically. He the green goo rises up to block the grey goo headed toward him.

(now let's see if it can battle both the mechanical and biological systems,) thought flamma as he remodded his other arm to fire lasers again.

Bzzrt

"Dam'ih! Why's he alway s'gotta make em so %#$@in' smart?" yelled Radcliffe as flamma tried to make him dodge into the goo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:30 am 

Eyes wide, Michael gasped and turned to run. "Gaah! Misslesmisslesmisslesmisslesmisslesmisslesmisslesmisslesmisslescrapcrapcrap!" he took off running, trying to avoid the various explody devices of doom. Ok... think, darn it. There's gotta be some way to evade these missiles... hmm... Michael reached down to his wristwatch, and pushed a button. His body was suddenly projected into the air, and as one of the missiles flew past him, he suddenly landed on top of it.

Michael blinked. "This is like... the opposite of better..." He quickly learned that he was able to steer the device by shifting his weight and moving with his arms and legs.

Now if he could only figure out how to crash it into the beast without killing himself in the process. Hmm...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:18 pm 

Andrew sighed, and looked up at teh ensuing chaos. Xerox lightly landed next to him with a growl.

"Not a goddamned word, Tinker."

"What? I think you look nice. Now... can the nanos get past your suit?" asked andrew, calculating quietly to himself.

"Not if I turn on the shield- good for about five minutes." he said calmly, smacking a missile back up into the air to explode harmlessly.

"Good enough!"

A few seconds later, Andrew had Xerox up on his shoulder- Fastball special.

"One for the money! Two for the Show! Three for the mayhem, and go baby go!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:44 pm 

Ok, I hit him with the nanobots. That counts. I pull out my zapgun. Metal nanobots conduct electricity.

*ZZZZZt*

A rather large bolt of lightning strikes the puddle of green goo. Either they're all fried, most of them are fried except for one that will sneak up and destroy us all at the last minute, having gained an invulnerability to high current, or they'll absorb the electricity and use it to consume us all. But I like shooting lightning at stuff, so minor details like 'low probability of success' don't bother me.

Of course, now I have bigger problems. Miss Chicgeek's glaring at me. "Is that my lightning gun, by any chance?" Uh-oh. We both dive out of the way as a rocket streaks past us, and I use the opportunity to put some distance between the two of us. If I can avoid her until this is over, I can probably get away...

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject: Loosening up tied ends.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm 

-Michael-

He soared along the rim of the old Wolf Pit, riding on top of the missile he had accidentally commandeered. "I really hope this doesn't end up getting me blown up..." he tilted the missile 32 degrees starboard, orienting it towards flamma, or what was left of it. As the missile itself began to drift towards it's course, Michael loosened his legs and fell backwards off of it, heading towards the ominious and hungry ground that was so eager to crack his head open like an overripe cantelope. If he had held on any longer it would have blown up with him on top of it.

In his mind he made a mental note to have some means of protecting himself from falling from high distances. He vaguely wondered if anyone would be soppy enough to fall for this sort of guilt trip and catch him.

As long as it wasn't Andrew... or Xerox... or Lemon... and possibly that Gluon girl... he'd be fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Out in the Distance, far away from the Grand Prix-

An articulated metal hand twitched. A vaguely female frame pulled itself out of a pile of wreckage, shooting sparks.

It needed to spend a few days on Auto-repair. And the shock had corrupted some of it's subsystems, such as the <Set Collateral Damage = 0> command, and the entire <Regard for Human Life> string of code.

But it's purpose remained. It knew what it needed to do. And it would continue to upgrade itself until it would fulfill it's primary program.

A few feet behind the robotic mockery of Claire a swirling gray rift popped open...

A few minutes later, they were both gone.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm 

~Jennifer~

She watched Michael fall, and grinned. She had been hoping something like this would come up, and had planned accordingly. Palming a small yellow sphere, she tossed it into the pit. As it fell, it grew, reaching about 6 feet in diameter by the time it reached Micheal. It enveloped him and turned green, signaling that it had completed its purpose. Excellent. Not much would be able to harm him while he was in there- certainly not the nanobots or the fall. If he was lucky, enough rockets might blast him out. Otherwise, he would have some difficulty escaping. Protection-spheres were *very* well constructed. Also fairly cushy on the inside- no reason to make whoever was trapped in one uncomfortable.

Slipping two additional protection-spheres into the pocket of a nearby onlooker, she turned so that the cameras could once again see the popcorn bucket in her hands. That should be sufficient to keep Eddie from getting on her case for interfering. Munching on a handful, she idily wondered what Michael would think of a random audience member simultaneously protecting and trapping him.

And Claire thought she came to the Prix to compete.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:52 pm 

Xerox flew through the air towards his target, launched by the prescision throw of his Jager breed employee. He had to get ready and-
... wait a minute, did he just see... oh, that little #####! he uncurled from his crouch and swung his staff- knocking Micheal straight down towards the pit again. He;d be damned if *his& future forced employee was gonna get caught like that! He;d have to have another of his little *talks* with that little brat...

Unfortunately he;d knocked himself out of trajectory a little, and as he descended he realized he wouldn't be able to land right...

Oh, well.
"Shield on! Super Nice Day White Wedding LITTLE SISTER SLAM!" he roared, activating the power-suits reserve draining power attack as he brought the full force of his momentum, charged with the suit, right on the robot's metal casing in a huge flash of white light.

In the blinding light Sayasuke lept, enveloping out in a black cloud over the robotic foe- slowly draining the power out of his nanobots...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:30 am 

A crash as the green-haired one came down on his nano maker, and flamma was knocked back by the hot shrapnel.

flamma was in pain and blinded. (must not end yet...) He stumbled forward and fell into one of the rivults of nanobots.

Was it his end?

A green mass arose from the pit as a gigantic body slowly formed. Weaker than it could have been due to the barrages of its enemies, but the slowly shifting form was ready to finish this.

The nanobots grated together and made a horrible sound-

Keeeeeeecheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:46 am 

Lagos looked down at the gigantic mass of nanobots, and sighed. "I think that it might be time to do something, Wally."

"What are you talking about? We've been fighting this thing all along. What more do you want us to do?"

"Well, we haven't been doing much more than scratching at it with small arms. It's time to really mess it up. After all, we get to use outside weapons now, don't we? And it just so happens I've got a poison capsule with his name on it."

"Are you sure that'll work? We don't know the system, and it was conceived for a completely different person."

"What did you say? I'm sorry, my link cut out for a second while I fired the mini-cannon."

Wally sighed, then watched as the poison bullet buried itself into the mass, heading towards the barely discerned form of Flamma. Already, some of the nanobots near the bullet hole were turning grey and flaking off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Prime was ready. The green flareup was met with a massive influx of gray from some unseen portal, as the AI's voice boomed out, "Remember, there are always more bots." The bots continued appearing, overflowing, hardening around the green goo, consuming it, overrunning it once and for all. Eventually, a portion of the nanobots began to take form, reassembling into the physical form of Prime. It/he smiled. "There we go."

Famous last words. The green mass broke free, trying to escape in one last deperate push. It surged high in the air, flying up--

--and Prime, lightning playing around its forearms, fired a massive EMP at the glob of goo. All nanobot structures collapsed, Prime's avatar giving a wink and tipping an imaginary hat as it unformed. Then there was only mud, and the pit was empty of monsters.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next