Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: The Frankenstein 1000 Grand Prix
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:19 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

I grin. Mistress won! She won! She's so amazing! Of course, now she doesn't get to help destroy the convention... maybe I can help a little bit, though...

Still, there is some other business to attend to, first. Hiding the bunny inside my coat- although it would be funny to see the MSO agents turn into animals when they try to take it, I should probably give it back to Mistress- I walk up to a nearby agent. "Excuse me?" I stare at him innocently. He isn't fooled. Oh, well. "I take care of money matters for Mistress, so I was going to pay the bill now." I hold up Jennifer's wallet. "Is that ok?"

~Jennifer~
Fascinating... she really should come to the Prix more often. And maybe the awards, too. She would have to think about it. And Claire had stolen her wallet to pay the bill. More annoying than anything else, honestly. Still, she would probably have time for one more chat with Claire before they both had to leave. It was nice to see Claire again, after all... she had missed her...

Jennifer sighs. It's been so long...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am 

Fredric felt dizzy, barely on his feet from a combination of exhaustion and shock. Second place? His first year ever, and he'd gotten Second Place. He gazed happily at the Golden Gyroscope, shocked out of his daze by a hand on his shoulder.

"Well done." said Andrew, smiling down at him with pride at his son. Fredric just made a small noise- one that he hadn't made since he was a little bun, too lost in utter lack of mental processing.
"Now... let's get off the stage. We don't want to be here when the Speech starts, and someone wants to see you..." he said, leading him off teh stage.

Waiting for Fredric by the stage was Dr. Viktor and Dr. Io. Io swept his Great Grandson up in a tight hug, squeezing him tightly.
"Fredric! Mo cheol thu!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:46 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

"Fourth place...." the Professor glowered quietly to himself.

Meanwhile Radcliffe had not joined Andronicus on stage. He had instead set up in one of the many convenient snipers perches.

He got the call. ..."Get ready, but let her get halfway through her speech first. We wouldn't want to interrupt it too much."

Radcliffe smiled and prepared his shot carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:47 pm 

Dr. Viktor ruffled Fredric's hair, tapping his forhead.

"Goot job, schmot boy. Second place, first year? Hah! I can;t even tell you how proud we all are." he said, winking at Andrew for good measure. Boy damn well knew how to build a son, that was for sure.

"I'm gla- wait, all?" asked Fredric, rasing an eyebrow.

"All. The Young Masters came to see you boys, all the way from the homeland. They were impressed." he said, handing Fredric a little bottle of something that smoked faintly. Andrew raised his eyebrows ion suprise, whacking his grandfather on the arm.

"Gandpoppa! Fredric can't have that." he said firmly.

"What? Nonsense. Hey! Enough mit de hitting- look, Fredrik is asleep on his feet, und it'll give him a last leetle surge. After all, it'll be Teardown soon."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:02 pm 

-Somewhere-

"What, so you're just going to leave without congratulating him?"

Michael walked down a shadowy corridor of the stadium, followed by... someone. He turned to face the other speaker. "I've already been here long enough to be dangerously exposed... too many eyes were watching this, and I wasn't nearly as nondescript as I'd have liked." He sighed and turned away. "Being the henchman of the Second Place winner of the Prix is going to attract more attention to me than I'd have liked already. Frederic will know how I feel... That I'm...proud... without me being there. And I claimed to be his 'friend.' I never claimed I was good at it." Michael began to walk away.

"You know, sometimes I think you just want to be overly mysterious."

"That...MIGHT... be the case." Michael stopped for a moment. "Of course, everything has another reason to it. I can't claim I went through this tournament JUST to help a friend, you know."

"Oh?"

"Heh." Michael smirked, flipping open his cell phone. "You know, this thing does quite a lot. Including some fairly detailed biological scans."

"So you participated in the Prix... to get biological information?"

Michael chuckled. "On a variety of Mads, henches, and assorted beasties. Whether or not Frederic won, I wanted to have something to walk away with." He grinned. "Now, I wonder what I can do with all this..."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:08 pm 

Chic grins, watching her grandfathers congratulate Fredric, and listening to Andrew's fussing. She'll walk over in a minute-it's Fredric's day in the spotlight! She's so proud of him....not that that will stop her from defeating him next year.
Farnsworth listens in, a look of tolerant amusement on his face. And...what was that? Young masters? He sniffs, trying to pick up any Heterodyne or jaeger scents. Oh, $%@*! Why did he let himself get talked into being a hench for Chic? Oh, yes...imploring big brown eyes, and owing him a favor. He sighes, then shrugs. It's not like they have any claim on him.
And after all, it'd be a piece of cake after dealing with the dean....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane smiled, blowing a kiss at the audience. She knew all eyes were on her, and she soaked it up, enjoying it. She'd planned her appearance carefully for the judging-- Her red labcoat-dress looked like a cross between a femme fatale's dress and a Mad Scientist's labwear.

The boots were definitely not labwear. Tall, dark, with a heel tapering down to a deadly spike at the end, they finished the outfit, making Jane appear sexy, evil, and villainous beyond compare.

Jane blew another kiss as she took center stage. She surreptitiously checked the readout of the force field she'd brought-- in past Grand Prixs, she'd enjoyed shooting her little sneaky devices at the winner when he or she came out to speak. Now it was her turn.

...but words didn't come. Her brain remained a complete blank.

Suddenly, Jane began to giggle. Through it all the way, every carefully planned move, and her mind went blank after she had won. It was just so funny!

"...gheeheeheheeehehhehehehahahahahhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

The laughter built. Jane didn't care any more. Now all there was to do was let it out. The words began to flow...

"...ooh and i'll destroy you all and one day i'll rule the world and there will be nothing you can do to stop me!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! you've left it too late by now it's far too late you have no idea of the depth and reach of my plans ooh yes ooh yes and i will rule you all even if you kill me i'll come back if you stop me i'll return and soon i will be INVINNNNNCIBLE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!"

Jane was lost in a sea of Madness, Madness that somehow shoved aside the constraints laid on it by SoItBegins and was rearing its mutated head after far too long. Her voice began building to a climax.

"i've done it i've well and truly done it now all I have to do is sit back relax and wait for your screams for mercy but i won't listen i'll just stay here and laugh because you and the world and everything everything else will all be I'll see them and they'll all be so FUNNY!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

She finished, stepped off the stage. Commenting to Claire, "Wow... I haven't felt like that in months. Refreshing!", both Mad and Henchwoman gathered their prizes and made for the exit, blaster fire hitting the ground behind them.

The Frankenstein Grand Prix was over. Jane had won.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:28 am 

Radcliffe fired.

Boom

The rocket hit Jane. It probably couldn't breach the force field, but it had also probably liquefied the ground underneath her.

Radcliffe picked up his radio and popped the ear bud in again as he started running. "Prof'ssor-Come in."

"Good work Mr. Guy. Now let's start demolishing this place."

"Ya got it boss!" said Radcliffe pressing a small button.

BOOM BOOM

Two of the stadium's outer walls exploded raining fire down on the stands and set off a chain reaction with the smaller bombs Radcliffe had planted. He'd only had time to do two adjacent walls though. There were two walls that still needed to be destroyed.

Professor Andronicus had insisted that he leave something for SoItBegins and Professor Tinker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:11 am 

Chic looks on as Jane and Claire scamper away, laughing with glee-practically skipping inside their force shield.
And she smiles.
"That's it?" Farnsworth asks. "I know she's your...friend, but she just defeated us-er, you! And...I must say, I did not expect you to calmly watch her make her getaway." How refreshing! That's a level of maturity one rarely sees in a mad, and even more rarely in a jaeger.
Chic's smile grows wider, showing a bit of fang. She manages to look both perky and menacing.
"Now, Farnsworth," she giggles. "Where's the fun in that?"
He knew it was too good to be true.
She waves merrily at the departing duo. Then snaps her fingers. A thick, roiling cloud surrounds Jane's force shield. Briefly.
Chic takes advantage of the cloud to shoot at them repeatedly. To no effect.
The force shield passes through it with ease, and shrugs off the blasts. Chic plasters a pout on her face as Jane waves back triumphantly.
Farnsworth raises an eyebrow, as the apparently unscathed duo continues on their way.
She cheerfully elaborates. "It's oxogyn permeable-they have to breathe. Jane, and her hench, are immune to any poisons and/or toxins. The Mistress of the Mists isn't the least bit worried about chemical attacks. And she's feeling especially cocky."
"And?"
Chic looks at her watch. "Oh, it won't harm them," she replies absently. "But it's all over them. Slowly reacting to the atmosphere. And....three...two....one..."
Chic giggles to see the expression now crossing Jane and Claire's faces.
Farnsworth sighes. The duo are apparently unharmed.
"What just happened?"
"Weelll, let's just say that a polecat smells like roses by comparison."
She dusts her hands together in satisfaction. "Now, let's go destroy something."
Radio waves are soon causing as much havoc as lightning, as she pulls down the judge's stand. Doubtless they've all teleported away by this point, but's it's still such an appropriate target. Better than pulling down the goalpost after the big game!
And, as planned, the hellTrain roars and clatters past, reappearing from wherever it vanished to before. Chic leaps aboard, dragging Farnsworth along. She pulls an engineer's cap out of her pocket, and pulls the whistle cord.
"Destruction Express coming through! Wheee!!"
She waves at the others, as she runs roughshod over what's left of the judges booth, on her way to...anything still standing that needs to be turned into rubble.
There's Io, over by Andrew. "Hi, Grandpa! Heyy, Cuz! Anybody wanna ride?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:26 pm 

Wheee! Explosions everywhere! And Mistress won! And- and- Bleh! That smells *awful!* I dig around in my pockets, eventually coming up with something that I dump on my head. The smell fades to a slightly more tolerable level. This would have to happen when I have an enhanced sense of smell...

There's the slight thud of someone's feet hitting the ground after teleporting. A hand grabs my arm. Jennifer looks at Mistress. "Sorry, I need to borrow this. I'll give it back in a minute." The scene shifts, and suddenly we're both on top of a nearby building.

"Jennifer-" I grab her hand on my arm, letting my claws dig into her skin.

"Normally I would say we should get you declawed again, but in this case-" I can tell it hurts her, but she ignores it. "I kept an eye on how you were transformed, and given how much rabbit you are at the moment, it should be wearing off right about now." Ow! My ears shift back to normal as the fur, tail, and claws vanish. My senses of smell and hearing go back to their normal levels. "Now, Claire, give me back my wallet. And tell me which credit card you used so I can cancel it before I get the bill."

"I didn't use a credit card." I look at the ground, wishing she had just left. It's just a wallet, after all.

"Well, I certainly don't keep that much cash on me. A bank card? I'm surprised you didn't get in trouble for unauthorized access."

I hand her back her wallet, then hold up one of her bank cards. It still has the cutesy little ice cream cone I drew on it when she was little. She stares at it, refusing to process the information for once. "You really should change it. Otherwise unauthorized people might steal from you." I shove the card back into her hand, then hit a button on her teleporter. She vanishes. I use my teleporter to reappear next to Mistress. "Sorry about that. I guess I forgot to tie up a few loose ends with her. Are we allowed to help with demolition, even though you won?"

~Far away~

Thud.

"...You alright?"

"She. Did. Not. Just-"

"Look, just give her a few years, ok?"

"Dot's vhat hyu said a few years ago."

"...I'm going to go turn part of Hawaii into lava cake. With strawberry jam. And mozzarella cheese. And A GIANT TERMITE TO EAT THE OCEAN!

"Stupid runt..."

"Michael Toboz, by the way. I'll be back in a week."

"Sounds good to me..."

-Later-

"Hey, Edgar, I've got an idea, but I'll need your help..."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:39 pm 

Andrew looked on as Jane was attacked, feeling a little sting of envy at how happy she looked. For the first time, she really looked a lot like her mother, he mused. And really, she probably deserved this moment.

...but he still kind of hated her, just a little. It was unfair and spiteful and a bad grudge to hold, but there it was. And maybe they could have been friends. Maybe they could still be friends. But things would have to change, first.
And he was cynical enough to doubt they ever would. The best to hope for was a sort of playful rivalry.... which, in the end, wasn't all too bad.

He turned away slightly from his celebrating family, flipping open his Notebookand beginning to Write.

Just inside the blast radius, a elegant black and red rose fell neatly into Jane's hand, with a delicate crimson ribbon ting it to a small box. On the box was written simply 'Congratulations'.
All that was inside it was a rather classy cameo broach with Janes's silhouette on it, ringed with little sparkling rubies. A perfectly gentlemanly gift, really.

A gesture not entirely canceled out by the sudden swarm of day-vision goggled GRUES that suddenly attacked her and Claire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:42 pm 

EEEEEE! Grues! Fun! I start to fight, grinning wildly. There's nothing like a giant battle to blow off steam, and there are so many of them...

"Can I blow them up Mistress? Pleeease?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:46 pm 

-Unkillable Eddie-

As the stadium began to erupt into chaos, Unkillable Eddie took a step forward on the stage and spoke through the microphone over the awful din of the crowd. "Ah yes... and now we enter the last stage of the Prix: The Closing Ceremonies." He grinned. "Traditionally, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners of this competition take this opportunity to destroy the Stadium in an attempt to take revenge on the Grand winner. But in the past few competitions it's usually just devolved into a full blown riot. Not that I really needed to tell you this, but let the massive multi-Mad Scientist rampage commence!" He held up his arms as the chaos around him came to a head, death rays and mutated fish men flying everywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarcastic-

"Ha! A 19! Your pathetic unicorn ally has just been beheaded!"

"No! Not Charlie... he was so young!" Sarcastic scowled.

Sincere Male PC grinned. "And my bleed effect's still active on your character, so you're still losing 2 HP each round. You're out of high level spells and your little summons can't buy you any more time, girly!"

Sarcastic sniffed. "I'll beat you yet! Roleplaying will never lose to munchkinly min/maxing!" She folded her arms. "Besides, you're not doing any better, you know. Your Barbarian is down to less than 20 hit points, isn't he?"

Sincere Male PC sighed, taking a sip from his inhaler. "True, but your little druidess isn't fairing much better. You're down to less than 15 hit points and there isn't much space between us. One or two more rounds will end this." He grinned.

"Yeah, but I still have one arrow left! And the way I've been rolling, I'm due for a critical hit!" Sarcastic picked up a twenty sided die and rolled it along the floor. Her eyes widened. "Oh no! A one!"

"Ah hah hah hah!" Sincere Male PC cackled. "I'll destroy you! I don't even have to try very hard! Instead of moving up and attacking, my Barbarian is going to throw his axe..."

Sarcastic sniffled. Was this the end of her elven druidess?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 am 

A hand reached out and grabbed PC's shoulder. "Come on. Our ride's here, and he's pissed about having to miss the Prix." Nega-Zobot tugged his lackluster henchman to his feet. "You can play your little games later."

Another hand grabbed Sarcastic's shoulder, pulling her to her feet. "Come on, Sarc. We're getting out of here. Before it all goes crazy."

"But-But-But-but!" Two voices spoke in unison.

"But I was just about to defeat her for good!"
"But he's the single greatest evil on the face of the campaign setting ever!"

Zobot and David also spoke in unison. "I don't care. Now let's get going."

And thus the great battle between evil and good ended in both a bang and a whimper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-About an hour later-

The stadium was in ruins. Anyone remaining was buried underneath a pile of rubble. Unkillable Eddie's hand burst up out of the wreckage and he pulled himself to his feet, withdrawing a loudspeaker and smirking. "And that concludes this year's Frankenstien Grand Prix! Any Mads, henchmen, or audience members still remaining are asked kindly to vacate the premises or we will sic the dogs upon you!" He fell back onto the pile of rubble, exhausted yet content.

"Thank you and good night!"

The End...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Afterwards

SoItBegins returned to his lair in as a cloud, mulling over the events of the past few days. It had been fun participating in the Prix... to be surrounded by all those Mads, who, if not exactly friendly, wouldn't try to destroy you immediately... how nice it would be to not have to need to plan, to keep the world safe against everything.... aaaagh! No more of this, or he'd get a headache again. It was enough to keep slogging day after day, working towards a goal. And soon his plans would come together, at least in regards to Jane. A pity... calculations were starting to indicate that he might not like the outcome.

In the meantime, though, he could keep her safe... someone with a very smart cell phone had had one record subtly tampered with. Others who had tried to interfere had simply--failed. He would protect Jane.

Even if he had to destroy her himself.

The cloud slowly hitched air currents back to SoItBegins' lair.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 am 
Heh heh heh.

And Finally...

As the MIBs cleared away the rubble and began their final pack-up job, one of the higher-ranking MSO operatives touched Timmy on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry you had to go through what you did, but think of it as a good experience."

Timmy relaxed, though he did whimper a bit.

"Also, this came for you."

It was a heart-shaped box, of the kind used to hold candy. The box was tied with an ornate gold ribbon, with a small tag on the side. Timmy didn't know how his body knew, but he got a chill down his spine just looking at it. Sure enough, the tag read,

"An apology ♥
Jane Narbon"

Inside the box was exactly one chocolate.

"Take this, run it through the analyzer," said Timmy to another MIB who was watching him curiously. He handed the chocolate over, then turned back to his work. What would it contain? A control drug, perhaps? Or-- *SPLORT*

Jane's creation, targeted to his cellular profile and coated on the outside of the box, took hold, rapid-changing his body in accordance with the formula created by Artie and discovered by Helen Beta Narbon. His hair lightened to auburn. His bodily proportions changed. Then, somewhere deep within his body, the drug locked Timmy(?)'s new gender in place. S/he wouldn't be changing back.

And, miles and miles away, in response to a scream that reached two continents, Jane Narbon threw her head back and laughed without end.

~FINIS~

P.S: In case you're wondering, the chocolate hadn't been messed with, and actually tasted quite good.

Posted for Jane Narbon by SoItBegins

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16