Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:07 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

"Will ChicGeek please take the stage?"

Chic cooly walks up to the mike. She casually brushes back a lock of hair, and gets blood and brain matter from Undead Eddies's hat on her hand. Shrugging, she deliberately wipes her fingers off on her labcoat, and smiles.
Farnsworth bows respectfully, and turns to the crowd. "Presenting the Golden Gears winner, the Steampunk Menace, and your future overlord-
ChicGeek Viktor!"
Chic smiles chillingly, somehow managing to appear simultaneously cute and deadly.
In a lazy, amused tone-"Oh, my-is this where I say 'Fools! I'll show you all!'? Heh." Her eyes begin to glitter. "I've already sHowN tHem aLl, yEs I hAve!" Both hands clutch the mike.
"ANd i'll KeEp sHowiNg yOu! Oh, yEs!" She breaks into an insane giggle here, a more frightening sound than the traditional cackle.
No tools, but she has a nice set of dainty claws. They work blurringly fast upon the mike, as the crowd focuses on her face.
A feeling of dread washes over the crowd, as subliminal frequencies bombard them.
Chic throws back her head, laughing hysterically, as sparks shoot from the overloaded microphone, outlining her form.
She daintily drops the defunct mike, crushing it underfoot into metallic dust. Then she steps from the stage, the picture of confidence, as her henchman respectfully follows her.
Heh. *That* ought to get her into the next round....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm 

"Primary Xerox, please step away from the speakers.... and take the stage, please."

"I wasn't doin' nothing!"
A moment later Xerox was shoved onstage, Lemon waltzing after him cheerfully. He brushed himself off, gesturing rudely backstage.
"You set up the speakers wrong, you idiot! My Grammy has better surround sound!" he shot at them, stalking up to the mic.
He was dressed in a suit, Black of course- but a lounge cut, and kinda rumpled. Somehow, it made him seem... off balance.

Lemon stepped forward, casing shining faintly in the sun. His hair was long and golden, bouncing in curls like long springs.
When he spoke, his voice was amplified to roll sweetly over the crowd, no distortion or reverb, just clean noise.
"Hello nice people! You already know who this is! He's Primary Xerox, Commander of M!" he said cheerfully, stepping back and clapping excitedly.

Xerox stepped up to the mic, looking up into the sky a little vacantly. This wasn't as natural for him yet...

"This is the crazy bit, right? the mwua ha ha and rue the day... Rue the Day. You know how often I've heard that? And you know what? I don't." his eyes went wild, the intensity of a flamethrower behind his grin. But his voice remained steady, even.

"I regret nothing. Every day, every scar, broken bone and mutation- I! REGRET! NOTHING! I keep you SAFe whether you LIKE IT OR NOT!" he grabbed the mike, had enough to make his knuckles whiten.

"Throw it at me you punks! I'll take it and come back swinging! You can't stop me!! I AM THE LAW!!" on the last word, a shiver passes through the crowd- the electric tingle of being called to the Principals office...

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Janitor slips in with the rest of the audience. She's shaking a little. There was no chance she'd be caught sleeping in a public place, not with so many Mads about. Janitor'd finished her novel at two in the morning. She'd started chugging expressos at about three. At three thirty she'd rebuilt the dumpster she'd blown up. And then she started rebuilding the concession stands...

And now here she was, finally watching her first Prix. There were a surprising number of Just-Audience-No-Really! Mads. No one she knew. No one anybody knew, it looked like, since they were all cowering behind something, hollow-eyed and muttering to themselves about tin foil.

"What are you in for?" a woman whispered from the floor.

"'In for'?" Janitor asks, confused.

"You're not competing. You must've made an enemy of someone." The woman laughs dryly. "Little does she know she's actually more of a target here. She should have stayed home and watched the Prix on television. Heh he-nooo! Get down or you'll make yourself a target, you fool!"

"Don't call me that," Janitor hisses, then visibly works to calm herself. "I think I'll just stand over there now. 'bye."

Janitor watches Chicgeek's speech with amazement and - yes, fear and dread. She remembers the Halloween Party, and shudders. Things could've gone worse. A lot worse. "I'll have to give her a coupon or something," she mutters. "In apology, of course." She enjoys the thought of what garbage might be gleaned from the woman's lair. Her right eye twitches, but she doesn't notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:35 am 

"Jennifer Umbra, please take the stage."

From behind the observing Mads comes music. Alceste plays a strange-looking keyboard as Jennifer walks onto the stage.

"You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. I'm an unknown. A new Mad, perhaps? Or have you been lax in your collection of data?" She smiles. "But I know you. I know all of you. And what I don't know, I can find out, easily. I can rip the information I seek from your brains, tears holes in your minds, crush you mentally into a small pile of facts from which I can pluck those I'm searching for!"

Throughout her speech, her voice rises. Now she speaks softly again, although everyone can still hear. "Or maybe you'll just tell me what I wish to know. When your mind and your mouth are no longer your own, it's rather hard to keep secrets, isn't it?"

She speaks louder now, her voice echoing. "I am Jennifer Umbra, and I will possess all of the data! And once I do you will realize it too late! You will look behind you one day, and realize I have taken control, that I run everything! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

More than half the Mads in the audience glance fearfully behind them, where Alceste sits. He grins wolfishly at them, but does nothing. Which really just makes it worse.

I grin. Not bad, not bad at all. She looks so happy, laughing manically on stage. Eventually, one of the security guards drags her off, but not before she can yell out "I'll be watching!." It's nice having such an adorable baby cousin. I hope she does well.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 pm 

-Sarcastic Female NPC-

She scowled and wandered through the crowd of onlookers, unable to stay in her seat. "Hmmph... stupid contest peoples telling me I'm not 'henchman material'... 'here, go take this ticket to watch the contest and stay out of trouble.' Why sure... it's not as if I'm angry about being kidnapped and then told that they didn't need or want me at all..." She kicked the concrete beneath her in her frusteration, and winced as she stubbed her toe.

Ahead of her, she saw the profile of the back of David's head. "Woah-ho, Boss! I didn't expect to see you outside of the contest grounds!" Her eyes widened as the man turned around. He had the same face as David...but the eyes were different. There was something cold about them, an abstract cruelty derived not from any direct hatred, but merely due to a lack of any understanding of the value of life. With a sneer on his face, the man lifted his robotic arm (which was on the wrong side, now that she thought of it.) and clentched it around her throat.

As she gasped, he spoke. "That's because I'm not your boss, now am I?" He narrowed his eyes and dropped her to the ground, where she coughed. "Now go away. I'm in a bad mood, and have no time to suffer fools."

"Wait... you're some kind of evil version of my boss?" her eyes widened.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "A dimensional alternate from the Negative universe, to be exact. No, I'm not participating, before you ask. They don't allow it."

"So why are you here, anyway? I didn't think the opposite of my boss would be interested in watching stuff."

"Because I'm in the area and I don't really have anything better to do. Back home some idiotic idealistic prat with unclear goals but a pure heart attacked Andy's place with his friends in some misguided attempt to "save the world." We get a few of them every so often, so it shouldn't have been much trouble, but..." he broke off there.

Sarcastic was aware she was walking a fine line when she spoke again. "B-but what?"

Nega-Zobot scowled. "But at the last minute the idiot realized his true power was in his friends and power of love and friendship'd the roof off of the entire west wing of the building, destroying almost everything. If it weren't for my intra-dimensional emergency jumper, myself and Freddy would have been a lot worse off. And that's saying a lot: Freddy's still in a coma after getting caught off his guard by those prats. But my escape device is really a one-shot thing, so we're stuck here until I can scrounge up some parts and Freddy wakes up. Andy's missing and presumed dead, so it's obvious he's still alive somewhere... just not here. So I'm currently drowning my sorrows by watching this universe's version of me get eaten alive in the Grand Prix, alright? Now leave me alone!"

Something suddenly occurred to Sarcastic. "Wait... if you're here, then that means there may be a..."

"An excellent deduction, insignificant tavern wench!" A deep-throated voice spoke behind her, and then started to hyperventiliate. Sarcastic narrowed her eyes and turned around, being met with a face of brown unwashed curly hair and untreated acne.

She snarled. "I might have suspected... Sincere Male PC, I presume?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 pm 

Jess grins. Both the Geek and Primrose put on a good rant. Oh, yes, this is going to be fun...
She saunters up to Xerox afterwards.
"Nice, babe," she says, pecking him on the check. "Wanna hang around and watch the others? I'll buy the popcorn."
"Heh. Maybe...You never did tell me, punk-why aren't you trying out?"
Jess winks at him. "Ah, this is more fun. That isn't my style...oh, you want the real answer, don't you?"
She looks thoughtful for a moment. "Kinda hard to explain...okay, there's different degrees of sparks. You've got Tinkers on one end of the scale, and the other? I'm mad, but...it's different. The shapeshift is a mutation, and I was triggered by a mad biologist to boot. Ask the kid sometime, she was there. So-I have the shapeshift plus. I can do things other shifters can't. I can fight. I hang around with mads more than normals. I think like a mad. But-I don't really have the whole muahaha and make crazy implements of destruction kind of mad, y'know? Which is okay-I like how I am. But it's why I don't enter these things."
She shrugs, and gives him a wry grin."Even if I *do* have the Order of Frankenstein, punk."

Plus it's an excellent opportunity to gather information on countless mads.
In her line of work, there's no such thing as being too well prepared...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 am 

Xerox nods, crossing his arms.
"Eh, I understand... even like this, I'm really the same way... not much ends up changing. I work, I fight, I scream at R+D, and my @#$! secretary gets on my case. Only now it's harder to not tinker with stuff." he said, taking a deep breath.

Jess looks at him, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh? What sort of tinkering?" she asked, watching his fingers twitch.

"Nnnn. Hardware, Fixing things... not a problem at M, it's pretty useful. But otherwise it's nicotine all over again. Sugar and willpower, sugar and willpower..." he muttered, taking out a hard candy and popping it into his mouth.

Jess smirked at him- he was so terrible. She should have figured that he wouldn't change.... like some unholy mix of every bad 'copper' character come to life. Colombo and all of them...
"So why are *you* here?" she asked.

"What? I already told you... I'm still raw. Figured I;d blow off steam."

"Mmm-hmm. But thats not really it, is it."

"... you know, I blame my father for my stupid attraction to intelligence. Got *him* in trouble too- have you met my Mom? Sharp as a razor. Mathematician. Wonderfull woman, hell to bring a report card home to."

"C'mon, Prim."

He sighed, and shrugged.
"Look... a lot of how I diddn't go Mad wasn't just The Cure. By the time I stopped taking it, it was practically just a placebo, anyways- turns out I got so used to it, even the Sanitizer Virus can't touch me. The two ways you go mad is: something Bad Happens, or you Find Something Out. Usually both. I got both. Bad." he explained, taking off his glasses for a second, wiping them on his shirt.

"So along with taking the Cure, I had to try and not think about What I Found Out. Now I can't. And other people know about it. It hurts. I'll get over it, but it hurts." he pit his sunglasses back on, and shrugged.

"My mental health is important. People depend on me to be able to be a cranky bastard in a black suit. So I'm taking a break."

Jess was quiet. She just hugged him, comfortingly.
...and then started humming 'Poor Little Buttercup'.

"Silence, insolent fool."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:27 am 
Heh heh heh.

"Would Jane Narbon please take the stage?"

Jane stepped forwards, towards the microphone in front of the audience, looking radiant in a shimmery, purple dress. She made a show of looking over the audience, then smiled.

"All of you say you're going to be the new ruler of the world, but you're missing the point. It's not really about ruling the world."

Jane paused to let that sink in.

"It's about power. Right now, you're powerless-- you can rant all you please, but I've already discovered the secret to power. I can reach into any of your lives at any time, without any warning, and utterly destroy you."

Jane paused, her voice sounding more energized at the prospect.

"I know everything about you. Where you live. Who you see. What you do. Who you are. And, I know your weaknesses. Want proof? I've already started. With only a gesture, I can turn your little worlds... upside-down."

Voice sweet as poison, JN snapped her fingers. All of a sudden, a small fraction of the assembled Mads [and the audience] was violently taken ill. Most ran for the restrooms, but a few couldn't make it.

"The best part of it is that you'll never see me coming," said Jane in her smoothest purr. "I could show up in any form. As anyone. With any guise. Don't worry, though-- I'll make sure to come for you... personally."

The audience started to look distinctly uneasy.

"Forget governments. Forget law. I have true power. The power to make you afraid. And you should be very, very afraid," said Jane, her voice starting to become alive with the subovertones of Madness. "So.... I hope you won't decide to do anything I wouldn't like. You wouldn't do a thing like that, would you? After all, I'll be watching. And I'll always be somewhere near you... waiting."

Jane stood silent for a moment, then funneled the torrent of Madness flowing through her into three twisted syllables.

"Heh."
     "hEH."
          "HEH."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 am 

Jess smirks at him. "Yeah, but I'm your insolent fool, copper. Y'know...the Kid kind of has the same problem. She has to be tinkering with something. She was like that pre mad, even. Got us into trouble a lot."
"Oh, yes, like *you* would *never* have gotten into trouble on your own." His lip twitches, enjoying the face she's making.
"Shaddap. *As* I was saying-something that helps her? She plans. Sometimes scribbling on anything handy. And if she can't do that? She'll work out how to build or fix something in her head. Especially complicated stuff. She says the concentration necessary is a good distraction, for when her fingers itch and she can't just start dismantling whatever's around her."
"Hmmm..."
Narbon takes the stage. And Xerox feels Jess shudder just a little when she's done.
"Damn, that woman's freakier than ever. Brrrr!"

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:59 am 

I don't do much obviously- Mistress knows what she's doing. I stay in the background, increasing the tension throughout her speech. Faint, barely-audible discord flits through the air. A cold breeze whips through the audience as she laughs. Little things. I hope it's worth it. I had to hit so many people to get the stuff I needed.

I sit down next to Jennifer to watch the rest of the performances. I wonder what Fredric's will be like. And Mister Tinker hasn't gone yet either. Prim went- he's apparently Mad in the future. I should say hi at some point.

Jennifer grins. "You know, of all the Mads, you ended up working for one-"

"Hush. I'm trying to listen." A Mad is ranting about his fleet of attack penguins and plans to have them eat the moon.

"I think you miiiiiiiiss us. Isn't that sweet? So tell me, do you think I could meet her later?"

I roll my eyes. "Wow, that's a great idea! I can just see me explaining to your brothers. 'Sorry, Jennifer got killed because I was stupid enough to introduce her to my boss at the Prix.' 'At the Prix?' 'Yeah, she asked. I mean, I figured that there was only a 98% chance of her getting killed, so why not?' I haven't even spoken to *Fredric* and I'd think that he would trust me not to kill him."

"Who's Fredric?"

"...long story. New Mad. Anyway, the point is, no, you can't meet Mistress." I turn around and crack a Mad over the head with my wrench- he was trying to set up explosives under our seats. "Hey, shouldn't this be Alceste's job? I don't have time to babysit."

She sticks her tongue out at me. "I can take care of myself."

"Suuuure you can. That's what you said when the radioactive tadpoles attacked, and we both know how that turned out." I spot him sitting sulkily a few rows away. "He isn't being a proper henchman. Do you need me to deal with it?"

"Nah, I got it." She walks over to where he's sitting and speaks quietly to him for a minute, then sits down next to him. He watches her apprehensively. I grin. Mads aren't allowed to bring stuff into the competition, but there are plenty of materials once they get there. I give her five minutes.

After three, she walks back and sits down. Alceste meekly follows her. Impressive. "You've gotten faster with those."

"Short-term; they take less time to build, and all that's required is the right stimulus. After about 10 seconds, he said he'd behave if I just turned it off."

"What-" Suddenly, I'm filled with a strong desire to do anything she asks me to. I just have to follow orders, and everything will be fine. "Nyaa- stop that. It's stronger, too."

"Pity you're still resistant." She shuts it off and puts it in her purse. "So what did you think of *my* speech?"

"You played to your strengths, the music was a nice touch, and getting dragged away was a good ending. Probably should have described your threat in more detail..."

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm 

"Trebaruna Quark, please come to the stage."

With Dr. Gluon trailing behind her, Trebaruna climbs the steps, casting a few sideways glances at the crowd. She's never been that great with words, and the thought of ranting in front of all these people makes her stomach shrivel. It would be another thing altogether if they were all barbarian hordes pining for her blood, which of course they are. But no one's attacking. Few melee weapons are in sight. Whether by instinct or by conspiracy, their weapons are their impassive, sometimes calculating eyes...

Trebaruna sighs and motions to Unkillable Eddie. "I need help," she admits in a low voice.

"Of course, of course." Unkillable Eddie beckons a few MSO representatives over and they hold a brief conversation a bit away from Trebaruna, who can now sense the crowd shifting. Their gazes grow intolerably hot. Dr. Gluon seats himself on the edge of the stage and stares right back, grinning a little and swinging his feet. Like he's just waiting to be loosed on them. She feels a little better.

Finally an older, bespectacled man in a suit approaches her. He consults a notepad, and says, "I'm sorry, Miss Quark. Usually we have enough information to provide a stimulus for contestants should they so desire it, but your files are quite lacking. Would you please tell me how you first went Mad?"

"It has to do with band camp, a ukulele and a game of strip poker. But if you don't know that already, I'm not going to tell you about it," Trebaruna says, crossing her arms.

"Mmmhmm, mmhmm," the MSO guy hums, head bent over his notepad. He makes a few marks in pen. "A lot of mad scientists don't like sharing their pasts, although they are in fact defined by them. But from what we do know of you, you seem fairly open about such things. Is there any particular reason you don't want to share?"

"Look, I just don't know why you're obsessed with me going Mad. There's gotta be plenty of other things on that piece of paper of yours, and if you don't help me, I'll take this crayon and shove it -"

The man fixes her with his increasingly-beady-looking eyes. "Violent reactions," he murmurs, and scribbles furiously on his pad. "Can you tell me why you want to, as you so elegantly put it, 'take this crayon...'?"

"'Cuz you're an idiot," Trebaruna hisses. "All you're doing is writing down what I say! You're not trying to come up with a 'stimulus' at all!"

"And how does this make you feel?" the MSO representative asks, with gentle sincerity.

Trebaruna cackles. "How doesn't it make me feel!" she cries. "Give me a good blade and we'll see how far those pretty words get you!" She turns to the crowd, something within her smoldering and crackling. Dr. Gluon keeps swinging his legs and grinning.

"And that goes for all of you. You with your psychological warfare and your sly grins, you think you can hold me back with words, you think you can get inside my brain and twist me around? You don't know a thing! You need other people, you need your clones and your robot armies and you pretend your power is all you, all your genius and broken homes. But me," she says, "I am my own best weapon. I don't even need a sword - I can break each and every one of you. And I will. And when your bones break you'll try to scream and beg for your miserable lives, and I'll laugh! I'll dance on your graves and I'll bring the world under my heel, I'll make the world bow to my blade, and your words will mean nothing." Trebaruna laughs again, deep and throaty.

"I'll be back for all of you," she promises, and makes her way off the stage, her eyes still fiery. Dr. Gluon makes a half-curtsy, half-bow, nearly trips over himself, and runs to catch up with his 'mistress.'

"Oh," she remarks to the MSO representative, "and I was serious about the crayon.

"Come on, Derek. Don't worry, we'll be seeing him later..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:01 am 

-MSO Agents-

Several MSO operatives watch as Mads react poorly to Jane Narbon's speech. "Oh geeze... I knew letting a Narbon into the event would be trouble."

Another one sighed. "You think she'll go after the judges?"

The leader of Team Periwinkle stepped forward. "Nah... with all the security we've placed around it, no one Mad could get into the Judge's booth. Besides, it's what her grandmother did."

"How do you think she pulled it off?" Another operative was cleaning his sidearm. "You think we're to blame? Our group's the only group capable of meeting so many people."

The Team Periwinkle lead nodded. "It's possible... although none of us have seen her since that incident." He paused and thought for a moment. "We'd better pop an Immune Refresh just to be sure. Spread the word to the other teams." Almost as one, the members of the team reach down and remove a pill from belts at their waist. They swallow them, starting to tremble as their bodies began to purge any foreign substances from their bodies, the temporary nanomachines in the pills quickly spreading out and replacing each and every individual cell in their bodies. After a few moments, The process was done. "Move out and assist the Mads infected... as well as disqualifying them from the contest. Any Mads caught in Miss Narbon's effects obviously aren't being careful enough."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael-

He and Frederic were standing out watching the rantings. As Jane Narbon began to walk down from the stage, Michael spun around and threw a book through the air. Three knives that had been flying through the air towards Frederic's backside embedded into the spine of the book. Michael stepped forward and picked it up, looking at the glinting golden handles. He held it up so that Frederic could see.

"See this? Five would get you 10 that these knives are Holy. Probably blessed by some ancient Pope on his dying day or something. You started out as a vorpal rabbit, didn't you?" he watched Frederic's ears twitch. "Really, Frederic. You must be a bit more careful at events like these. To borrow an expression, 'the game is more fun when everyone cheats.' There's probably someone slinking off through the crowd with a silenced knife-flinging gun right now, confident in the sense that he killed you dead." Michael shrugged and started yanking the embedded knives out of the book's spine, pocketing them for later use.

"W-where'd ya get the book?"

Michael raised an eyebrow. "What are you babbling about? Books just happen. Everyone knows that."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 pm 

Fredric rolled his eyes, snatching one of the knives.

"Alrigh', time for some explanations. You cloned me once... an' so y' saw m' gene plans, righ? But not Da's Notes." he said, balancing the knife by it's tip on his finger.

Micheal blinked, keeping an eye on the knife.
"His Notes..? No." he admitted, irked by the gap in his knowledge.

"Right. Note ONE: 'Vorpal' don' mean 'unholy'. It pertain's t' the poem. Note Two: Oim resistant t' impact, so a blade *wos* smart, but th' healin' factor covers it." he said, turning the knife slightly.

"This is all common knowledge to me..." said Micheal, getting further irritated by his manner.

"Aw, unknit yer britches. Put th' damn info *together*, ya prat. I'm a *Tinker*- we're *constructs* designed f'r heroism. Zeta Model is f'r Brawlin- wot I'm sayin it, an attack loike this..." he threw the knife suddenly, making it whiz into the crowd.
It struck the man who'd thrown it squarely in the back of the head- pommel first.

"Is just bloody useless." he said, smirking.

Micheal blinked.
"Zeta Model...?" the way he talked about his familly... as if they were a production line.

"Sure. Ya diddn't think we were just bein' clever usin' those names, didja? After a couple more generations, th' genetics'll be tracked wi' 'em... It'll take a while tho', dependin' on wether 'r not Da ever gets bloody well on wi' it."

They were both quiet a moment, Fredric listening to the current rant, and Micheal trying very very hard to not think about just what Fredric was implying with a phrase like 'getting on with it'.

"So, Zeta is 'Brawler Class', like an Adventure Hero?" he asked, checking the list- Fredric was due onstage soon.

"Uh-huh- s' right. A li'l Anti-Hero, too."

"So then 'Omega' Class is... a Mystery/Secret Agent type?"

"More 'r less, yeh. Ya gotta unnerstand, we aren't doin' it on purpose... The Tinker Genes do it on their own."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:50 pm 

Dr. Andronicus walked to the center of the arena smiling. He calmly stepped over to the center of the stage. He spun on one foot and faced the crowd...

His grin suddenly appeared broken distorted. It slowly spread to his eyes, filling them with a malevolent force that made them appear to boil.

"I Doctor Gregor Andronicus am tired of you insolent fools. You with your mindless limits and restrictions. You would seek to stop me. But you shant. I am your MASTER. Don't you see..."

The crowd melted under his gaze. Radcliffe stalked around grinning like a maniac with his claws flicking in and out. He snapped at people like a wild animal, but one with a startling intelligence peering through its eyes.

"...I am your better. I will rule you all. Your whims shall be nothing to mine. You will slave at my feet. You will grovel, but I will not be swayed."

He broke off into a whisper, but the crowd could still hear him. "I will bend you to my will, and there will be nothing that you can do to stop me."

"Heh. Heh. Heh."

His face snapped back into its cheery expression, but the people in the crowd looked at his eyes and they seemed to notice a small sliver of the boiling madness underneath.

Radcliffe joined him at their seats. "That was even better than last year sir."

"Wasn't it though?" said Prof. Andronicus with an insane glee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:11 pm 

-Grades from the Judges-

Chicgeek:

One of the gerbils was gnawing on a wooden block as the group of them watched Chic dismount from the stage. "Ooo... fun! I like a Mad who knows how to put on a show! Intimidation: 9, and Originality: 9.5."

"Isn't she a jaeger? It's rare to see one that's Mad as well..."

"Eh, I'm not impressed. It was all flash and no real substance. Much too short. Intimidation: 4.5. Originality: ...I'd say about 6. That mike thing was decent."

"...Originality: 7. Intimidation: 7."

"Hmm... you know, I'm inclined to agree on intimidation. It was decent, but nothing more than we've seen from other mads over the years. Intim: 7. Originality: 6.5."

"The trick with the Mike was new. I'd say originality: 6, and intimidation: 5.5. About average."

"The girl's rant shows that she has potential. Unrealized potential, but potential none the less. I'll give her an originality score of 8. Her intimidation score is about 8.5."

"Dang it, you're not supposed to score them on potential! Just actual ability. Intimidation: 4, originality: 9. I'll admit that the mike trick was clever."

"Alright... so that's an average score of 7.6 out of 10 for intimidation, and 7.4 for originality. Should be good enough to get her to the second round. Good job, Miss."

Xerox:

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-"

"Ok... the background squealing is getting pretty annoying. Can we get this over with? Originality: 8.5, Intimidation: 4. Very new, but not really that scary."

"Wa-hay! I'd say about 6 for intimidation, and 8 for originality."

"-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-"

"...Originality: 7, Intimidation: 5."

"Someone get her to stop it. Seriously. Intimidation: 5, Originality: 8. It's definitely a new twist on the insane rant."

"-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Omigawd! He's so Vimesish! Originality: 10, Intimidation: 10!"

"Are you even trying to judge objectively? Sheesh. Originality: 6, Intimidation: 2."

"Not bad. Intimidation would be variable given the subject, but on average: 5. Originality: 9."

"Alright... so that's an average for Intimidation of 7.7, and an Originality of 8. Pretty impressive for a first timer. I'd say he has until tonight before the rest of the lot tries to kill him."

Jennifer Umbra:

"Originality: 2. Intimidation: 4.5"

"The music was kinda spooky, I guess... Intimidation: 6. But it's still kinda the same as everything else we keep hearing. Originality: 5."

"I liked the music. Originality: 6.5. The Intimidation was where she really shone: 7."

"The lass is spirited! I think it enhances her charm. Intimidation: 7. Originality: 6."

"... Meh, I'm just not feeling it. Intimidation: 4. Originality: 4."

"Huh... well, as far as rants go, it's a good example of a classic. Originality: 7. Intimidation: 7.5"

"I tend to agree. Intimidation: 7. Originality: 6.5. So the average scores are: Originality: 5.3, and Intimidation: 6.1. She'll probably get in, if she's lucky and a lot of Mads get taken out or score poorly. Not bad."

Jane Narbon:

"Eee... She's scary! Can someone hide me? Intimidation: 10, originality: 9. Please don't hurt me!"

"Tribulations! That gel's got a firey spirit that would singe anyone who drew too near! Originality: 3. Intimidation: 10."

"Well... the show of force was interesting at least. And it was longer than anything we've seen thus far. Intimidation: 6. Originality: 3. Hopefully we'll see more people try and put on a show."

"There was an emphasis on 'scary' rather than deranged. It was a little touch, but a nice one. Originality: 7.5. Intimidation: 9.5. That's pretty nasty."

"I dunno. I was just expecting more. She's a Narbon, for crying out loud! What has she done that would set herself apart from her mother, or her grandmother? You guys are letting a few parlor tricks get to you."

"I sort of agree. She put on a good show, but she's got huge shoes to fill and I don't think she's quite there yet. Still, we have to be objective, and compared to what we've seen, it's one of the stronger rants we've had. Intimidation: 8.5. Originality: 9."

"Originality: 6.5. Intimidation: 7.5"

"I'm exercising my right to abstain from this one. So the final scores are: Intimidation: 8.6. Originality: 6.3. Nothing to be ashamed of. She'll definitely get in."

Trebaruna Quark:

"Short and sweet. Not very different from the norm, though. Intimidation: 7. Originality: 5.5."

"Aaaah... she's pretty nasty when she wants to be. Originality: 7. Intimidation: 8.5..."

"Hmm... I could have sworn that I've met that lass before, the way she carries on. Originality: 6.5. Intimidation: 8."

"There really wasn't much distinguishing it from most of the others. But as far as rants go, it wasn't too terrible. Originality: 4.5. Intimidation: 5.5."

"Originality: 4.5. Intimidation: 4.5."

"Hmm... I think I agree. Originality: 3, Intimidation: 5."

"Well, I didn't think it was too bad. Originality: 7, Intimidation: 7. Ok, so the final scores are: Originality: 5.6, and Intimidation: 6.2. Again, if others do fairly poorly, she stands a chance."

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:45 pm 

Jennifer sighs when she hears her scores. I wish she could've done better. Ranting really isn't her strong suit, though. Sneakiness and Mad ranting just don't mesh well. Ok, Mistress pulls it off absolutely amazingly, but Jennifer isn't Mistress.

Well, they did say that bit about a large number of Mads getting taken out... And Mistress probably won't fault me for taking out a large chunk of the competition...

I look through my pockets- I've managed to collect a few useful things since the competition started. Mads can't really help making things, especially when all their weapons are confiscated.

And I can't really help stealing explosives when all of mine are confiscated. I still have fewer than I'd like, but I'll work with what I have.

"Hey Jennifer?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm going to be bored now." She knows what that means. I start throwing what I have in as many directions as possible as she throws herself to the ground. Alceste quickly follows.

I laugh as the explosions surround me, enveloping a large portion of the audience. That took out a pretty decent number of them. I hope it's enough.

And if not, well, I've certainly got the attention of a large number of them. And they'll probably be building all sorts of weapons to try to get me. Wheee!

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:12 am 

Jess grinned and nudged Xerox.
"Heyyy, not bad for the new kid on the block." she said cheerfully.

He smirked, and shrugged.
"Well... I have been going mad for a while now. I wish they had taken into account the intimidation of the Authority Figure... but I'm not complaining." he said grumpily, shrugging slightly.

"Awwww, cheer up. The one that sounds like you seems to be a major fan." she said consolingly.

He smirked.
"Yeah... Discworld fan, I guess. I actually Met Commander Vimes once.... cool guy. And what do you mean, she sounds like me?" Neither of them seemed to notice a wild eyed man sneaking up behind Xerox, twitching slightly.

"Oh, you know she did... maybe a relative?" The wild eyed man drew something from inside his coat, eyes fixed on that stupid green hair...

"Eh...? Hmm. Maybe... I mean, I don't really know my birth familly... well, no. I know my birth mom." he admitted, suddenly reaching into the air in front of him.
With one clean, swift movement he drew out his Staff from no-where, slamming it into the man behind him and sliding it back into 'wherever' neatly- like a man preforming Iado.

"You do? What's she like?" she asked, seemingly unaware of the sudden movement.

"Hmm... blond, like I was. Short, curvy. Pale- kinda looks a little like Chic. Big eyes. Pretty. Sort of a scatterbrain... nice. Really nice. She... she turned out to be glad to meet me."

Jess lashed out with one hand, knocking out a sneaky looking guy that was heading towards Xerox, smiling warmly at Xerox's face... looked like Chic, huh? Maybe that was why he treated her like familly...

Then she stopped, looking into the crowd.
"Xerox... you said short, and curvy, with big eyes and long blond hair, right?"

"Uh-huh. Cute, too. Like a moe-girl." he said, distractedly swatting a bomb back at someone.

"Is that her?" she pointed, and he followed the path of her finger, eyes widening under his sunglasses.

"...yeah. That's her." he said, so distracted that an assailant *almost* managed o grab him before receiving a firm knee to the gut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:52 am 

"Titus, please come to the stage."

A young man with short, black hair, dressed in little other than a thin white shirt and a pair of neat blue jeans climbed up to the stage. He took a sip of a bottle of water he held in his right hand, and then turned to face the microphone.

"Hello. As you have heard Eddie say, my name is Titus. It is unlikely that any of you have heard of me by that name." He took a shallow breath. "It may be that you have heard of the title "The Passionless Mad," although that title is only slightly more known.

He took another sip of his water. "The terms of this contest state that at this moment I am supposed to rant incessantly now." He paused. "However, I have never possessed that talent. I wish to reveal an alternate display, if no one would mind." He turned to Unkillable Eddie. "The MSO maintains covert observation on a number of Mad Scientist's homes and labs, correct?"

Unkillable Eddie blinked. "How did you know about that?"

He turned his head back to the crowd, withdrawing a folded sheet of paper from his back pocket. "Master Eddie, please request that the MSO display a visual feed of the following Mad Scientist's labs, in the order they are listed, for the included sequences of time over the past 5 hours."

"Err... this is highly unorthodox..." Eddie looked down at the list. "Oh dear...so many... well, I guess we should at least see what you have in mind..."

From the back of the stage, a rather large theater screen was raised up from out of the ground. It was typically used for replaying various scenes from the later rounds of the contest for the crowd to see easier, but it served this purpose as well. The footage revealed the labs of a large number of Mad Scientists being destroyed, one after another, in a variety of different ways. Some were burned to the ground, others were shattered by some variety of earthquake, or a large tornado. Dr. Dana Amino's lab, among the ones listed, wasn't actually destroyed, but the footage revealed it literally being lifted out of the ground, hovering 8 feet over the soil and then spinning wilding.

Amidst the cries of dismay and surprise from the crowd, Titus took another sip of water from the bottle in his hand. His voice did not change from a flat, dry monotone even once. "I have reviewed the list of procedures and rules for the provided contest, and there is absolutely nothing stating that one cannot target the homes or locations of the contestants for destruction while they are away from them. In all honesty, I am surprised that no one attempted it before now, but there are no records of it happening before this year." He took another sip, standing there unwavering in front of a large group of people he had just angered. "This is simply a demonstration: I do not wish any malice on any of you, however, if one among you attempts physical harm towards my person, or makes an attempt to interfere with any of my future actions, I will remember. And however long it takes, I can make assurances that I will repay in full any slight made against me. That is all."

Titus turned and began to walk off the stage.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:32 am 

Radcliffe got up from his seat quietly. "I'll jes go and eliminate some competition alrigh."

"Don't be to long," said Prof. Andronicus as he quietly altered someone's robotic arm as it lay across the back of a seat.

He started to sneak quietly off toward one section of the arena, but it started to explode as Claire threw bombs around.

So instead he slipped off to a more crowded part of the stadium. He quietly shot a few people from behind. Radcliffe couldn't understand why anyone would be so stupid as to protect themselves from everything up to mutant boomerangs and forget to shield themselves from bullets.

He caught sight of a green head in the distance. (Didn't he do pretty well. Might as well try.)

It was far less crowded near Xerox so Radcliffe was forced to put his gun away. His claws flicked out.

(He looks like he's distracted by that blonde lady walking toward him. I'll just give him a good slice across the back and- -Look candy!)

He spotted Xerox's sweets sticking out of his pocket.

(Okay calm down. Just do it quick.)

Smack

Radcliffe landed in a heap about seven yards away. He walked slowly back to his seat.

"How'd it go," said Prof. Andronicus intent upon the stranger's arm.

"Got a'couple people. Tried to get that green-haired guy that went on before ya."

"Tried?" asked the Prof.

"Yeah, he smacked me a good one. But it ain't no problem. I got his candy," Radcliffe said putting a green sucker in his mouth. "Mmm limey."

"You know that that could be poisoned."

"It don't taste poisoned, and I woul' know-Ma's scatterbrained and her kitchen's in the lab so..."

"I get it. Remind me to take some antidote if I come for dinner." He calmly pressed a button on a remote. The arm began to beat the man it was attached to.

"Nice," said Radcliffe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:54 pm 

Lots of explosions! Yay! Oooo, someone had a grade 4 doomsday device. I bet this big red button is the 'on' switch...

Someone grabs it out of my hands. I turn around, ready to crack the skull of whoever stole my pretty doomsday device, only to find Jennifer glaring at me. "Claire, you aren't helping."

"But the explosions are so pretty..."

"You know what I mean. I probably lost. I'm ok with that. You don't have to take out half the people here so I can get to the next round."

"But-"

"You can rant better than me. I'm ok with that. I mean, I'm still a lot smarter than you." I stick my tongue out at her. "Did you ever think about how you were going to get away from the large number of angry Mads? Put this on- they've started fighting each other anyway." She hands me a necklace with a heart-shaped locket.

"Do I have to?" She glares at me. I sigh and put it on. It's not like I could take out any Mads anyway. I mean, I'm just a helpless little girl. Heck, I don't even know what I was thinking- I'm just a hench, after all. I can't build anything explosive or even mildly dangerous. How could I expect to take on one Mad, let alone a large group of them? "Ugh- I really hate these. Can't you make it so they don't target the wearer?"

"I'm working on it. Now sit down and listen to the rants. You should be able to take it off in five minutes or so." Alceste fends off explosives and the occasional Mad trying to get too close. He's pretty fast- he could beat me no... Gah! I know I could beat him easily, regardless of what I think at the moment.

"Has it been five minutes yet?"

"It's been ten seconds. Be quite and listen to the rants." Sigh.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm 

"Will Dr. Amino please come to the stage?"

Dr. Amino walks up to the stage. She clears her throat and begins.

"Hello, everyone. I'd like to thank you all for coming here today. My name is Doctor Dana N. Amino. Remember it well, because one day I will rule the world, and all of you will be my slaves. I could destroy any one of you completely, take over the entire world with this!"

With a grand, dramatic gesture, Amino pulls out from inside her lab coat a pie. The audience stares at her.

"Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. You're thinking that there's no way I could possibly take over the world with a single pie. You're thinking that I am quite possibly the most incompetent Mad you have ever faced."

Then she grins--a grin perfected to look positively diabolical, totally sinister, and mind-bogglingly MAD. "And that's the beauty of it. You're so busy worrying about the Narbons and Tinkers and Victors that you'll never realize that I am the one you should fear. You think I'm just a goofy amateur who will never be a threat to any of you. But little do you know how wrong you are. And by the time you notice your error, it will already be too late. My reign of terror has already begun. You just haven't noticed. So enjoy your delusions of power and freedom, before I'm forced to crush them. Bwa ha ha ha ha!" she cackles insanely.

And with that, she hurled the pie into the crowd, "accidentally" hitting Titus right in the face. Several Mads around him giggled at the bright pink juice dripping down his face and clothes.

"Good job, ma'am," Ingrid whispered after Amino returned to the audience. "I don't think Titus will be very happy about you throwing that pie at him."

"I don't see why he would be," Amino replies, an innocent look on her face, "Technically, I wasn't attempting physical harm towards his person or interfering with any of his future actions. He has no reason to be angry whatsoever."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:30 pm 

Xerox's mom walked- no, bounced- over, letting out a squeal of delight and hugging her son.

"Prim-Prim! I thought you weren't here!!" she squealed, nearly knocking him over in a tackle-hug.
She was, indeed, a blond- her hair was the same sort of messy mass as Xerox's, only kept in a french braid down to the ground- not that that was very far away, she seemed to be barely over 5'0.
She was wearing something that looked like a cross between a labcoat and a summer dress- light and airy, but with sensible pockets.... even if they had lace.

"Hi, Mom. I'm skipping work for a while- I go mad in a few months, so..."

She turned to Jess, looking at her blankly for a moment- while Jess tried hard not to laugh. She smelled like cotton candy... she was probably a sugar junkie too.

"Ah! Beijing! She is, isn't she? You're Jess!" she squealed, letting go of Xerox to grab Jess's hands, smiling.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Jess. Nice to meet you..."

"Dr. Rose. Hey, are *you* competing?"

"No, just watching."

"Oh, good! I won't have to injure you!"

"Stop that, Mom. She'd kick your ass, anyways."

"That's good! Can't have my baby dating a weakling."

Jess chuckled- yeah, definitely Xerox's Mom....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 am 

"Will Fredrik Z Q Tinker Viktor come on to the stage?"

Fredric walks on stage casually, stepping up to the mic. Micheal offered to introduce him, but... well, that wouldn't be *his* effort, would it?

He sighed a moment, standing quietly in front of the mic....
He wasn't good at going to the Madness place. Not unless he was working...

"Cue me." he said simply, putting his hands in his pockets.

A young man with a folder scurried up, opening it.

"Hmm... well, this will be tough. Your relatively new.... but we did some research on your father, and figured it might help. That wasn't hard- he's got a long record."

Fredric shifted uneasily, annoyance welling up in him.

"Wot about it?"

"Well, nothing personal, but he's really kind of a monster, isn't he?" Fredric moved in nearly a blur- the aide barely had time to activate his shield before a fist smashed into it... and he was *still* knocked offstage.

Fredric's eyes crackled and he grabbed the mic, teeth bared animalistically.

"Don't say that like it's a bad thing, you @#$!." he shouted, magical aura crackling around him like electticity.

"An' to hell with anyone else who says it! How dare ANY of you hold yourself above my father. You cal 'im a weaklin' because he's kind! You call him a monster because he gets mad! To hell with ALL OF YOU!" he was positively demonic now, blue energy seeming to write over his skin.

"You brag an you boast and you cry your villainy to th' Heavens! The masters of fear an' men! But when the chips come down, you cower for your lives... not us Monsters. It's a human instinct, self preservation... Nothing yew can do c'n scare me."

The mike suddenly... *unwent*, torn apart by the force field around Fredric, uncoiling into threads of metal and wire, whirling around him like a living thing- dragon-like.

But his voice rang out clearly, as sharp as a razor.
"When th' chips are down... an' death comes... I will stand, an' greet death loik a proper monster. Wi' a smile."

~~
Fredric leaned on Micheal as they walked back into the crowd, panting slightly.

"Idiot. You over extended yourself for a light show."

"Shaddup. I got *mad*.... which I wos suppos'd ta so..."
Micheals head snapped around- someone was lunging at the-

*CRaCk-ABoOM!*
The assailant fell backward, jerking slightly- revealing the wire thing.
It sill crackled with blue energy, but had settled a little... it looked rather like a Chinese dragon.

It floated over to Fredric, circling him and making crackling noises.

"... hmm. Well, it isn't outside materials, I suppose. Are you keeping it? Because that *would* make babysitting you easier."

"O' course 'm keeping 'm! 'S name is... is... Kay Nine."

"Bark! Grrrrrrrrr..... zap!"

"Oh, you ARE joking... it;s a dragon!"

"'Ousa good boy 'en, ey?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:31 am 

"All right, you can take it off now. Everyone's focused on Fredric." I unhook the clasp. At least I feel like I can fight people now. Although I'm beginning to regret mentioning Fredric earlier. "Sounds like you fit in perfectly. Although I'm a bit surprised it's with the *Tinkers.* Do they know about how you were modded?"

"No. Shut up."

"You found an entire family of Mads, isn't that funny? *And* they're all genetic jagers-"

"They're real jagers. They've taken the oath and they're in the army. Now shut up unless you want me to break your arm again."

"You're so mean, Claire. What would your parents say?"

"That I should be able to cower you into silence with a mere look, without resorting to words." I stand up. "I'm going to go get a MadDog, want one?"

"Sure. Ketchup and don't go so heavy on the mercury."

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:07 pm 

Jess grins at the petite mad. Yeah, she can so see where Xerox gets it.
"I'm glad to meet you, Dr.Rose."
Jess keeps her voice polite and respectful. My god, does *everyone* know about Beijing?
If she's anything like he is...she briefly debates taking her out so Xerox doesn't have to. Naah. He'd be miffed at missing the challenge, and ticked off at her for butting in. So-leave the good doctor alone. Anybody else, however...
Turning to Xerox, "Flatterer. But you're right-" she pauses to unleash a leg sweep on some schmuck thinking he could sneak up during the reunion-"just 'cause I'm not competing doesn't mean I don't get to kick a little ass."
Xerox smiles, and reaches for a candy cig. The smile turns to a frown as he starts patting his pockets. @#*! Must've dropped them during that last brawl.
Jess rolls her eyes and pulls something out of an inside pocket of her black duster. Stick candy like they sell at the family restaurant. Green, of course.
"Here ya go, Madboy. Sheesh!"

Farnsworth is having the time of his life thumping anyone who attacks Chic. Or sneaks up on Chic. Or who gives her the evil eye. Or who just happens to glance in her general direction-better safe than sorry.
And Chic? So much debris to play with. There's someones dropped talking FrankenBuddy-she runs a claw down it, and extracts the simple electronics. A wristwatch. A scrap of wire.
Soon she has a small device that resembles the joy buzzers you'd find advertised in the back of a comic book. But with much more of a kick...
She strolls about with a bright smile, watching the parade of mads ranting on stage, while her hench/bodyguard protects her.
And there's Kid Atomic. She casually brushes up against her competitor.
BZAAP! He collapses, twitches, hair slightly smoking. Splendid! It works!
Whistling innocently, she moseys on.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:52 pm 

Xerox sighed and took the candy stick, giving it a tentative sniff.
"Damn... it'll have to do." he said morosely, rucking it into his mouth carefully.

"... how exactly is it any different?" she asked, genuinely interested.

" 's not my brand. Thanks though." he said, kissing her on the cheek.

Dr Rose giggled, tilting her head fondly at the two.

"Awww, you two are sweet. I'm glad he found you... he never told me just what happened in Beijing, but you must have caught his eye." she giggled again, taking out some gum and chewing happily.

"I'll talk to you later- I have a score to settle with Dr. Pire- poor girl just happens to be sitting next to an unstable beam! Could happen to anybody!! Bye-byyeee!" she squealed, skipping away.

The pair stood quietly for a moment, watching her suddenly blend into the crowd that only someone tiny in lace can.

"Just what does she do, 'Prim-Prim'?"

"Don't call me that. And... gravity. Mostly of the Anti-variety, but she can reverse it if she has to. Cute, huh? Like being related to a nitroglycerin tamagotchi. You watch, she'll meet up with Lemon and tear a swath through the crowd."

"... you planned this. Planned just in case."

"Shh. Fredric's on. I don't wanna miss his first debut." he was being evasive, but he was telling the truth, too.
He'd grown up with his Mother, and Dad, and they were great. But no cousins, and certainly no siblings.
So Fredric had been the first kid he'd really connected with as a role model. Or at least, that he'd known from adorable tiny thing all the way to smart-ass brat.

After the speech, he nodded appreciatively.
"Not bad. Good reverb, and no cribbing from the old chestnuts everyone uses. Good semi-threat level."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 pm 

"Will Wallace Caine please take the stage?"

Wally walks up on stage, after a short pause to allow the microphone to be replaced. He smiles crookedly before speaking.

"Well, well, well. Isn't that a fun word? I'm well, you're all unwell, so on and so forth. Oh, yes, I said it. You're all strange little people, with your strange little things, all clicking and whirring, but you know what? Whatever you can build, I can take apart! You make your machines, your creatures, and then let them loose without a care! Well, I care, and I'll stop them however I need to, and turn the results three fold on you! And you all may laugh, but these three hands will do whatever it takes to teach you responsibility. I've taught worse than you lot, any day of the week. Insane rabbits, smart mouthing AI's, and creatures from beyond time and space! I'll teach you all, not obedience, but a lesson deep enough you'll stay taught!"

Wally quiets down, then looks out at the audience once more. "'Sure,' you chuckle, 'but those are just things you made yourself. Of course you can teach them. After all, you're their creator, and they must obey you.' Ahh, but if I can make things worse than you all by myself, then what does that say about you? Look at the group of you, all those raw materials going to waste on inferior models. I could rebuild this whole assembly from the ground up, and the only thing people would notice would be that it was better. And you know what? You couldn't stop me! I've faced off against Jane Narbon, and SoItBegins, and I Survived! I could weather whatever storms you have planned, so try your best! And when the last laser is fired, and the last clone swapped, will the one left standing not be the winner and overlord of the world? And I will be still standing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 pm 

Chic stares at Wally as he's ranting. She smiles, a little strangely. And in a calm, appreciative voice-
"Oh. Hot. Damn."
Part of her hopes someone else takes him out of the competition. A small part...and the rest?
Her own madness glitters briefly, in response to his raving. And it's quite looking forward to the inevitable challenge.
"oh, yes, dear...you've faced Narbon, and Sib," she whispers. "but you haven't faced *me*."
They've dated for some time now, without a confrontation-very unusual for a pair of mads.
That situation is due to change.
What fun.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 pm 

I walk through the crowd, collecting explosives and blasters. There's a long line for the MadDogs. So I walk past it and behind the stand, where the guy who sells them is working.

"Hi, boss!" I start serving MadDogs to people.

"Who are you?"

"You hired me this morning because you were getting so much business."

"Wait a minute... you look familiar. Did you blow up my stand?"

"Which time?"

"3rd, 11th, 17th, and probably 23rd."

"Yeah, those were me." As I serve the MadDogs, I subtly load my pockets with chemicals from the stand. One can never go wrong with dangerous chemicals.

"Why are you here?!"

"I'm serving people MadDogs." The line's moving much faster now, thanks to me. If he didn't spend all his time talking to random people who blew up his stand, this wouldn't be a problem. "Oh, and I need two MadDogs." I hand him the money, grabbing some condiments. "And your stand's been blown up 30 times so far, right?" I leap away from the stand and he dives for cover as it explodes for the 31st time. Hee hee!

I walk back to my seat, handing Jennifer her MadDog. "Oh, look what I found!" I brandish a large deathray, shooting it into the air and giggling. "Zappy!"

"Also attention-getting." I sigh, handing it to her, and she throws it into the air. A number of Mads start to fight over who's going to get to take it apart to see how it works. "By the way, I think the MSO operatives want to talk to you."

"Again? But I didn't do anything wrong!"

"You've caused about a fifth of the chaos so far today."

"Aw, that's it? Give me a minute..." I start to mix together some of the stuff I found at the MadDog stand.

"Claire, you're in a contest full of Mads trying to bump each other off." She sounds exasperated. "It shouldn't be *possible* for one person to account for even a fifth of the chaos. On top of that, you're here as someone's hench. You're making them look bad. If you aren't careful, they'll probably throw you in the wolf pits."

"This compound is highly unstable. Who should I throw it at?"

"You aren't listening, are you?"

"I stopped when you said 'possible.' Besides, everyone's allowed to cause chaos, right?" I fling the compound at a particularly irate-looking group of Mads. The ones still standing immediately start screaming at and blasting each other. I take a bite of my MadDog, grinning. This is fun!

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm 
Heh heh heh.

In the security room:

"Wait a second-- where did she go?"

"Who?"

"Narbon! Didn't you have orders to keep a watch on her?"

"Of course. I set this camera to track her wherever.... !!!!!!"

The other MIB lifted a microphone and spoke into it. "Attention, Team Buttercup. Jane Narbon has somehow evaded our security-- again. A watch order has been placed on her, so find her. When you do find her, do not approach-- just track her movements. Over."

Unfortunately, Jane Narbon was once again nowhere to be found.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next