Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grand Prix Backstage
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Ooh! Cartoon Individual! Do it!

EDIT-oops, just read your post and your song. And you're right-we need Xerox to sing!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 pm 

But where on earth am I supposed to get another anvil?

Hang on... I'm getting an idea for main game...

When's security going to show up? :twisted:

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm 

Tinker, the sound you hear is me squeeing over here in the corner. I was just thinking wouldn't Secret Agent Man be perfect? And you even worked in a blues brothers reference!
SQUEE!!!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Tinker, the sound you hear is me squeeing over here in the corner. I was just thinking wouldn't Secret Agent Man be perfect? And you even worked in a blues brothers reference!
SQUEE!!!

Ha ha ha! I was trying to think of what he would do, and he;s in the suit and everything... And he happens to have *every* song and dance from the blues brothers movie and SNL performances memorized. He's pretty good, too.

and Claire: Xerox's main goal for a few years there was to basically subvert every attempt made by her family to skip past her childhood.
He once had her stay over, and they ended up watching *every Daffy Duck Cartoon Ever Made* while eating sugar cereal and easter candy with his Dad, who regaled them with tales from his youth as the Leader of the Anarchist Rebel Cabal under the surprisingly long lived (about five years) takeover of Wyoming by Supreme Lord Determine. Which lead nicely into 'So have I told you how I met Prime's Mom yet?'.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 am 

Professor_Tinker wrote:

Ha ha ha! I was trying to think of what he would do, and he;s in the suit and everything... And he happens to have *every* song and dance from the blues brothers movie and SNL performances memorized. He's pretty good, too.

"...My name's Xerox. I carry a harmonica." As long as we're referencing the classics...

Anarchist Rebel Cabal...? Hee. And Wyoming? Now I'm picturing something akin to an old western, complete with Dr.Xerox as the schoolmarm...

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm 

Astrolabe Xerox: Heh. Not exactly... there was more of a 1984 mixed wi' Mystery men kinda vibe. Although I would give a lot to see my dear wife in a schoolmarm outfit...

Allright, post up soon... and then I'll be ready.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:01 pm 

Okay, ready now.
Fredric has gained a class Level!
Fredric is now a Veneficusologist! (The Study of Magic, classified as different than any other field by having no set limitation on the scientific methods used to work with Magic)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Man, it feels good to do that.

I'm ready whenever everybody else is!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
Soon, she would be done. Soon, her master plan-- the plan that had caused her to be absent for nights in a row-- would be complete.

Later we're all going to find out that Jane's master plan was to corner the market on Ice Cream futures or something like that while everyone else was distracted, and I'm going to laugh.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:59 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:

Later we're all going to find out that Jane's master plan was to corner the market on Ice Cream futures or something like that while everyone else was distracted, and I'm going to laugh.

So THAT'S the story behind what happened to David's ice cream shop!

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm 

Ok...so now all I need to know is if SiB's ready.

All things considered, we're almost ready to go!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:24 pm 
Hyperkeeper

I'm ready!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:28 pm 

Ok... a post moving the Grand Prix forward will be up either tonight sometime or tomorrow sometime. I make no promises... I'm kinda having problems focusing for some reason.

It might do with the PS2 I recently rediscovered in my basement... but I deny everything.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Out of curiosity, where is everybody? I've been waiting...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:11 pm 

Yeah, I've been kinda waiting as well... huh.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:22 pm 

I'm working on it, but there *is* a lot of pressure about going first and all. :angry:
That and I'm typically burnt out by the main page... I'll try and get something scraped together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Thad, Prof T, JN: Not to chafe at you or anything, but if any of you are stuck, just PM me and I'll try to give help (at least so we can get this thing moving again.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:19 pm 

I'm working on it. Only I have this thing called a life and Schoolwork that gets in the way! I get home and I go on and I have to write up this huge long post for the Main Wars and then I am *very* drained usually!
*fume*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Err not to chafe at you, but as of yet I'm the only one pushing the Prix forward. Don't mind me though. :)
---
-flamma likes violence!

Andronicus: Hush. And no more of this third person business.

-sorry sir.

Andronicus:And you, you're reading far too much Schlock Mercenary.

Sorry sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Dear Mister Master Chafer: I'm not stuck-- I'm just waiting my turn, that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:23 pm 

There.

EDITED
Ugh. Never mind... that was just whiny. But please do remember the bit about running the Wars plot right now, and usually *always* making things go and...
Nrrr... I'll be in the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm 

Ah.... guys, relax. There's no time limit, and it's just a game. Just chill, ok? I don't want anyone to get angry over the Prix...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 am 
Heh heh heh.

Ooh... what could Jane have created? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 am 
Hyperkeeper

And now we find out SiB's creation... the Monster From The Id! The original spectre from Forbidden Planet, incubated in the nightmare vat that is SiB's subconscious.

Look out, world.

WARNING: This monster is functionally invincible, and will not stop until every living thing in the immediate area has been ripped apart with great violence. It can't be stopped, controlled, or at all affected by any direct or indirect attack, and destroying the machine will not destroy the monster.

...can this creature even be defeated? And if so, how?

Note: Free resurrections will be provided [by Prime] for all who are killed by the monster. They'll need it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:47 am 

Yes, I know it's a monster from the id. But it's tearing everything apart and killing people, and it's *really* good at it. Of course Claire's going to find it adorable.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:51 pm 

Wheeeeeee! Ah, so fun... I *never* get to show Xerox and Andrew in mission mode.
Oh, and if you're wondering... think of a really slowed-down Wolverine. A broken arm only takes a week of so to heal- not as good as an hour, or even a day, but good enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:15 pm 

Does anyone remember Dot's pet from Animaniacs, that would pop out of its little box and terrify whoever she was talking to? I suddenly have this mental image of Claire (or Andrew, Xerox, Jane, whoever) with a box like that, containing some sort of portal to wherever SiB's monster is staying...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:59 pm 

Hey, i remember that box!
"Hello Monster!" heh...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:07 am 
Hyperkeeper

KA-BOOOOM!

OK, next person can go now. Looks like the running gag of Jane killing SiB is back in full force...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Claire wrote:
Does anyone remember Dot's pet from Animaniacs, that would pop out of its little box and terrify whoever she was talking to? I suddenly have this mental image of Claire (or Andrew, Xerox, Jane, whoever) with a box like that, containing some sort of portal to wherever SiB's monster is staying...

Hmmmm.... I think you just gave me an idea! :twisted:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next