Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grand Prix Backstage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:44 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Xerox: Yeesh. Sounds like my mom during grading weeks...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Thaddeus: That is the reason Radcliffe wasn't allowed to ever have calculators as a child. -His mom is very strict. Especially since she's only a mathematician by marriage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:44 am 

Past Prof. Zobot: ...fiiiine. *The highlights in Andrew Tinker's hair vanish* I'll just go back and stop screwing with causality, alright? *grumbles*

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Wheee! And a Superman reference too!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 pm 

.... WHAT?! !@#!! #$@!
Since when ?!? That- no. Just... no.
Look, Claire had a good plan, and was about to use it. I refuse to try and follow THAT much of an overwhelming show of force- what's the point?! Apparently Prime can just turn him to IRON with no effort, and is unconstrained at all by being sent forward in time.

This time I don;t even *care* if I sound whiny. *sits in a corner, fuming*. </unchecked fury>

No trick like that was used against the other contestants, and while sending Prime in time was big, it was done: Via Magic, at cost of 50% of power, and not even very far. It was also going to be the most impressive thing AL could do, and I am mad about it being dismissed so easily.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:04 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Just so you know, you're misunderstanding the nature of Prime. Its core mind is back in SoItBegins' lab, several states away from here. Prime's current body is actually just an extrusion of its consciousness. A tool, if you will.

...but I have unmade my post, just for you. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:46 pm 

Thank you.
AND if Primes 'real' Mind is that far away, then it can't interfere with the Pit from there. The rules are pretty clear that the contests is just between people in there, and so I submit that if Prime can't use his body inside there, then he is *still* taken out of the game for that time.

.... and why am I dressed up as Miles Edgeworth?

Xerox: If the fluffy neck thing fits...

Andrew: Objection!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:02 pm 

...well ok then.

Ok, so Frederic's monster is down.

Expect the final decision on who WINS the Frankenstien Grand Prix to be announced and posted...

tomorrow, sometime.

*Turns and runs* I regret NOOOOOOTHIIIIIING!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm 

Ok... I'm still waiting on SiB for Ariel's point of view before I render my final decision on the Victor. (No, not Viktor. You two guys get down and be quiet.)

God willing, we WILL have a confirmed winner by tonight!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:18 pm 

Rasputin: *holds up a seven* hy dunno, Fredreric wos pretty goot... but not enough explosions.

Vlad: Bah! *holds up a 9* Good personality, good fightink- hy think if not for de constrained space, he vould haff wiped deh floor mit dem. Makes me tink of deh goot old type monsters.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm 

The management of the Grand Prix would like to apologize for any delays in announcing the winner of this round, and the winner of the Grand Prix itself. (Yes, it's possible to get first place in the final round without being the winner of the Prix. The Prix winner will be determined by overall performance in all four contests.) Rest assured that our crack team of judges is quietly debating and discussing the final results and we will have a decision for everyone as soon as we possibly can.

Please refrain from exploding your computers in delay-induced rage.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm 

Ok! The winners have been announced.

Please don't get angry with me if it didn't turn out the way you wanted... it was really really hard judging everything!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:14 am 

All the Young Masters came to the Prix? And all the Tinker-Viktor clan, I assume. Hmm...
Hmm....
I'm picturing a sky full of zeppelins, and an army of travel clanks. And a jaeger honor guard.
Tearing down the Prix is going to be fun-but will the destruction stop with just the Prix? :twisted:

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:31 pm 

Ha ha, no silly. The 'Young Masters' reffers to two sons of teh Heterodyne family, who I refered to in a earlier Grand Prix post.
The Tinker Twins are watching from home with the Baby, due to an unfortunate restraining order after that one time they attacked a participant. To be fair, they *sis* have a warrant of arrest, but it was such an egg on their faces...

The Viktors are their with Ethan, which means they can't really make a big scene yet. Although they'll probably go find Chic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 am 

So, now we're just waiting for Jane to give her victory speech. If she has anything prepared, that is.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:33 am 
Heh heh heh.

I'm writing it... it's actually surprisingly hard to write a good speech.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:48 pm 

Well, take your time, but don't keep us waiting TOO long...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:13 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Grand Prix post is finally up! By the way, it's true: You can write anything with the right music to guide you. I doubt Jane's let out like that in years... phew!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:30 pm 

Okay, yes it's annoying and mysterious, but I promise I'm going to start resolving this stuff soon! During the free chapter, I swear!

Please don't hunt me down...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 pm 

Claire wrote:
Okay, yes it's annoying and mysterious, but I promise I'm going to start resolving this stuff soon! During the free chapter, I swear!

Please don't hunt me down...

Eh, no worries. I was foreshadowing "Tanglebox" for the better part of a year, so I'm used to sitting and waiting for stuff. Now, if you suddenly vanished just before bringing up said foreshadowed stuff, THEN I might be motivated to hunt you down-

*Cutaway to Desius, sitting in a closet tied up*

Desius: Mmmph! Mmmph!

*Back to what we were talking about*

-But that'd just be petty and childish. I like to think I outgrew that... about 2 months ago.

Michael: Hey, *I'd* still like to know!

Quiet you.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm 

And here we see Andrew at his best: Gentlemanly, kind, and yet utterly spiteful. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:49 pm 

Here we see the rare convention of Sarcastic and her Negative Universe Alternate fighting each other, according to the typical Evil Twin Trope. Only Sarcastic Female NPC and Sincere Male PC have a slight spin on the old trope: They'll fight, but only in the most nerdy way possible given their circumstances and time. Right now it was either going to be a DnD duel between their characters or a loud argument over the merits of the New Dr. Who verses the Old series.

I stand by my decision about which of those two choices was more nerdy.

The real question is... is this the end of Shastarra, Sarcastic Female NPC's level 12 Elven Druid?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:03 am 

Well...I believe that concludes the Grand Prix... did everyone have fuuuun?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:04 am 
Heh heh heh.

Ohhh, yes. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am 

You realize, hypothetically, if there ever WAS another Grand Prix, that now Jane would be obligated to participate in it, whether or not she wanted to, right?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 am 
Heh heh heh.

I don't think that would be a problem... :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:14 am 

Wheee! That was fun.
I have to say, in all honestly, I'm pretty goddamn proud that Fredric made it to second Place. Before this, I had never put that much effort into having him do very much 'Mad Science' style stuff. He was still focused on being support, and his projects were mostly off-screen.

Sop now he has his own identity as a Mad Scientist, and some pretty damn good Cred for a seven year old.

Although... the irony here is that Jane could *easily* take credit for his madness.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm 
Hyperkeeper

And so SiB puts his final two cents in. Twisted, huh?

Y'know, you have to wonder if SiB didn't know he was going to die. If he did...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:59 pm 

Michael: *Grumbles, shaking his cell phone* Why does this thing give me an "Insufficient Memory" error every time I try to access the bio-data I got on Jane Narbon? It's got nearly a hundred gigabytes of storage space!

Anyways, with the Prix done, can we get these threads locked?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Locked they shall be. Thank you and good night!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next