Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:29 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Wally's rant is up. I had no idea where I was going with this, so it may be incoherent, but isn't that the point? Really, it was a lot of fun to write, and I hope you enjoy a little peek inside Wally in the madness place, and why he doesn't visit it too often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:55 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Hmmm... is it just me, or do fredric and wally seem to go to a similar Mad place? Only Wally as 'Creator' and fredric as 'Creation'.
Interesting... interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:33 pm 

In my 1/5th estimate, I'm assuming Claire's caused a lot more explosions off-screen. And probably caused an angry mob or two.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 pm 

Hmm... you know, i can really see just how much trouble she and Xerox once caused.
Maybe now he's mad they will again... that's terrifying. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm 

:D
Chaos! Destruction! Mads quietly weeping as they're forced to fill out paperwork!

I'm looking forward to it.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:12 pm 

The trick is, this veeeeerrrrryyyy official piece of paper. When people complain, you hand them the paper. What does the paper say? Well, near the bottom...
"M Accepts no responsibility for the actions of this Agent. And by so much as looking at this paper, you waive all right to press charges.."

In the government, Xerox is known as the Demon of Small Print...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 pm 

Oooo, useful. Of course, Claire has a more straightforward approach. Would you want to complain about her to her boss?

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am 

Claire wrote:
Oooo, useful. Of course, Claire has a more straightforward approach. Would you want to complain about her to her boss?

... hmm, clever, that...
I suppose that's what Xerox's employees say, too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:47 pm 

Chic *likes* Wally in the madness place. Remember, as much as she protests that she's still the same Chic, she's a jaeger. And they tend to have that attraction to danger.
She'll be challenging him before the Grand Prix is over. And Wally may very well kick her butt. Or not. It'll be interesting, anyway.

Can't wait for round two.

So, Xerox is a tinkerer similar to Chic? Interesting, again.
And a Claire/Mad Xerox teamup? Whee!!!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:58 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Aaand Jane vanishes again. Well, you can certainly tell that she's up to no good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:25 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
Aaand Jane vanishes again. Well, you can certainly tell that she's up to no good...

It's corrupted Jane. And she's still existing. It's pretty much granted that she's up to no good.

chicgeek wrote:
Chic *likes* Wally in the madness place. Remember, as much as she protests that she's still the same Chic, she's a jaeger. And they tend to have that attraction to danger.
She'll be challenging him before the Grand Prix is over. And Wally may very well kick her butt. Or not. It'll be interesting, anyway.

Yeah, it should be interesting. I have no idea how he'll handle it, but as long as it's part of the contest, he shouldn't have too much problem with fighting her. As for who will win, we'll just have to see, won't we?

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Hmmm... is it just me, or do fredric and wally seem to go to a similar Mad place? Only Wally as 'Creator' and fredric as 'Creation'.
Interesting... interesting...

Well... I'll freely admit that reading Fredric's rant influenced me. And they do seem to have similar attitudes towards the rest of the world, at least when mad. As for the creator aspect, well, back when you were going around talking about how M classifies people, it got me thinking about about where Wally fits in, and when I couldn't come up with anything major, I thought about his big achievements. So far, they're Lagos, War, and his own enhancements. That's two and a half being creations in the Frankenstein sense, so I figured that he'd probably be filed under creator, and might want to act like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 pm 

Hah! Creator, yeah... that works. Andrew probably is one too, so it makes sense for his pupil to be one.

And Chic: Xerox is totally a tinkerer. Just with computers....
Hmm. Chic and Xeroxon a project... they;re going to do terrible things with CPU's and motors...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm 

It never really occured to me before-but you're absolutley right. Wally is a Frankenstein type. (doctor, not monster :D ). He just might have an edge in this competition.
Hmm....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:53 pm 

Xerox and Chic on a project together?
Rubs hands with glee!
Y'know, almost any team up among us has....interesting....possibilities.
Heh.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Y'know, almost any team up among us has....interesting....possibilities.

Hence the Armor of Righteousness David keeps mentioning. Future-Chic and Future-Wally working together could make the sky tremble. I like the idea of it: an ultimate world-destroying weapon made utterly useless by the fact that in order to actually destroy the planet it would probably require energies greater than the entire planet itself.

You know someone actually wrote a college thesis on actual, factual ways one would go about destroying the world? I mean literal "make the earth go explodie" ways, not wimpy "kill all life on the planet" stuff. if I can remember where I saw it, I'll post a link. I remember it made for pretty interesting reading.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:16 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
chicgeek wrote:
I like the idea of it: an ultimate world-destroying weapon made utterly useless by the fact that in order to actually destroy the planet it would probably require energies greater than the entire planet itself.

Horribly, i actually though of how to power it.... indefinitely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:21 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
You know someone actually wrote a college thesis on actual, factual ways one would go about destroying the world? I mean literal "make the earth go explodie" ways, not wimpy "kill all life on the planet" stuff. if I can remember where I saw it, I'll post a link. I remember it made for pretty interesting reading.

I'm not sure if you mean this, but they do mention how they aren't merely trying to wipe out all of humankind.

And apparently, the earth has been destroyed one time so far.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:28 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Professor Zobot wrote:
I like the idea of it: an ultimate world-destroying weapon made utterly useless by the fact that in order to actually destroy the planet it would probably require energies greater than the entire planet itself.

Horribly, i actually though of how to power it.... indefinitely.

Intriguing. I'd always intended for the Armor to be used sometime later in the game (although I've never been sure when would be appropriate) but I couldn't really think of any way around that myself.

The Arm mentioned David using it once during a battle with Nega-Tinker way back when, but since that future never happened I suppose we'll never know exactly how they managed to circumvent the energy drain issue.

To be sure, it's a device that can be classified as "probably shouldn't be placed into the hands of anyone who would want to use it." You know, like the One ring.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: Grand Prix Backstage
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 pm 
Hyperkeeper

So, when cometh the next judge'seth reporteth?

Or, to put it another way, "Bring on the meat!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 pm 

Yarrrr!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:54 pm 

Yarrr? Tinker, now you have me thinking of pirate mads...

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:18 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Yarrr? Tinker, now you have me thinking of pirate mads...

...oh dear lord. What hath I wrought?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:41 pm 
Hyperkeeper

While we're on the subject, I have figured out the solution to one of mankind's greatest dilemmas.

To those who take one side, or the other, in the dramatic cacophony of arguments that is Pirates vs. Ninjas, I have an answer. Presenting...

NINJA PIRATES!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:58 pm 

Pirate Ninja.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:05 am 
Hyperkeeper

Call them Ninja Pirates, or Pirate Ninja, they are still the same thing. Nice try.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:28 am 

... Swashbuckling Shinobi?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:33 am 
Hyperkeeper

That'll work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:58 am 

SoItBegins wrote:
So, when cometh the next judge'seth reporteth?

Or, to put it another way, "Bring on the meat!"

I'll have it up as soon as I get off this stealth plank...

In other words, tonight or tomorrow. My apologies, but I'm having a bit of trouble. Apparently my family members want to initiate something called "Bonding" which is clearly some kind of alien mind control ritual with me during Thanksgiving break.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:51 am 
Heh heh heh.

Bonding? Ooh, I know how to do that! First, you need a slap patch and some super glue... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:49 pm 

No, no no... I believe its an alien ritual that involves eating at a table in a group, yet there is no DnD or card game at the same time. Instead there is conversation about RL, and ritualized discussion of physical sports.
Personally, I just went to mys sisters for enchiladas and katamari.
Take your time! Hows about those popular athletics maneuvers?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next