Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:10 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Hmm... Michael might be interested in hiring a new Henchman, if you don't mind working for a 16 year old Mad Scientist...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:55 am 
Hyperkeeper

Thought I'd give you a bit of a challenge.

Space Battle I

Enemy Forces:
Scout Ship (1)
Medium Battle Cruiser (54)
Extended-Range Light Class Assault Craft (18)
Heavy Missile Gunship (6)
Mobile Repair Ship (2)
Towed Gravity Gun (1, cloaked)

Tip: You can try cloaking again, if you want...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:00 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Professor Zobot wrote:
Hmm... Michael might be interested in hiring a new Henchman, if you don't mind working for a 16 year old Mad Scientist...

Sure, sounds fine to me, I'll make a post to that effect as soon as I find the begining of this chapter and read through real quick.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:29 am 
Mysterious Stranger

"Zobot", eh?

So this is where you've been poking around for the past few months.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 am 

Za?

Err.... I don't mean to be rude or anything, but do I know you, Raijin? I don't think I remember anyone with that name...

I'm really, REALLY sorry! I hate it when I forget about people!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:45 am 

Chic: EEP! So much for the picnic on the moon. I don't think I made enough deviled eggs for a crowd this size...

Heh. Okay, let's see how well Chic does being the mole in a game of Whack-A-Mole with the Martians.
*rolls up sleeves*

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:36 am 

Raijin wrote:
"Zobot", eh?

So this is where you've been poking around for the past few months.

ZOBOT! THEY'VE TRACKED YOU DOWN! RUN!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:57 pm 

Victorian post up in the Tales of Madness... just my idea of how David and Sarcastic would translate into past events.

I like the idea of a clockwork dragon's claw, although I admit that my premise is hardly original territory for me.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 am 
Hyperkeeper

Oooooh.... what have the Martians got up their sleeves?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:16 am 

SiB, I don't know if you play tabletop rpgs. But I can so see you as the dm that smiles while the players drop their jaws in shock, facepalm in dismay, and otherwise freak out.
In other words, evil.
(you're welcome.)
I don't know what's up your metaphorical sleeve, but this is going to be fun.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm 

...Oh dear. I wish some of my characters were able to react to it, but... yikes.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 am 

Heh, How come I can see Hawk as Han solo and David as Luke from Starwars in this scene?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 am 

Hmm... I would make a joke here about what that makes Andrew, but trying to draw analysis from the Expanded Star Wars universe is too geeky even for me...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 am 

EDIT: Oh, for gods sake... sorry about that, I must have posted here by mistake. It was super late last night... ><
So sorry! Thanks for the save, Demo.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm 

Annnnnd we have a PO'd Fredric... please, please don't shoot people in front of him like that. Especially not people who are just doing their jobs...
Now, the job has also become 'Convince Fredric to not just blow the whole plan open' as well.

Nice shooting though. :lol:

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm 

That's the best Demo can do. Remember he wanted to just kill the ones in the way originally, and It did scare the agent. And IC anger is fine by me.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm 

He makes me think of Neverwhere... anyone read that? By Neil Gaiman. And the Two Guys are discussing having to 'scare' someone and one is talking about how to scare crows... "You just sneak up behind them and twist their little necks, that scares the hell out of them." or somethign to that effect.

Demo makes me think of it a little. Still- he hardly knew that Fredric would be there.
I think Fredric likes making people think he;s a Hench only, even though he technically doesn't work for his Da anymore. More comfortable.

I'll wait for Z to have a chance to reply before posting- Poor Micheal...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:10 pm 

Michael: ... *Facepalm!*

Sarcastic: Uh...

Michael: Grr... *Facepalm x2 Combo!*

Sarcastic: Are you ok-

Michael: *Points at the Writer* You're becoming an insomniac!

The Writer: Buh?

Michael: Everything significant happens when you're not around! I could have DONE something to stop this unpleasantness if you'd been logged on when it happened! *Scowls* STOP SLEEPING DARN IT! *Shakes the writer*

The Writer: Ack!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 pm 

Fredric: *growls* Oh, yes, just bring in a Hench, and don;t explain anything to him! Wonderful! *grumblegrumble* What;s next? Shoot th' hero in th' middle of a speech?

Hahaha... Oh, Fredric...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:31 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
He makes me think of Neverwhere... anyone read that? By Neil Gaiman. And the Two Guys are discussing having to 'scare' someone and one is talking about how to scare crows... "You just sneak up behind them and twist their little necks, that scares the hell out of them." or somethign to that effect.

You're thinking of croup and vandemar, two of my favorite characters of all time. Great book too.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 pm 

That;s the pair! I love that book...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm 

Dunno where to place this but I found out Interpol does more then just bug mads,

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/343.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:51 am 
Heh heh heh.

A small note in the notebook, describing some developments in Mad fabric science.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am 
Hyperkeeper

A few small story posts up! :D

For reference: The gravity gun works by emitting gravity waves that draw in its target. Then, the gun fires miniature black holes at whatever it's drawn in. The Martian Army has a total of four Great Guns: two Gravity Guns, the Time Gun, and the Mind Gun.
What do those last two do? Well, I'm not telling!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:47 pm 

Just a heads up: I won't be on tonight until a little after midnight and I won't be on long. Just enough to check some threads and hopefully get a post up. Work has me working till midnight tonight and then coming in first thing tomorrow morning to open.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm 

Ok ok, gentlemen and ladies... here's how this is going to work.

We can't really choose who wins the contest without judges.

So whoever is NOT involved in the "Scare the CRAP out of Interpol" contest, between myself and Demothesis verses Claire and Tinker, is being deputized as judges. In the next few posts we're going to have to present our best scare tactics, each of us in one post, if that's acceptable to my fellow three contestants. And then, all of YOU get to vote on which you feel did the best job of terrifying people. The winners get their characters to pick an embarassing thing for the losers to do/wear for a day at the longest.

Everyone fine with that?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:32 pm 

Zobot, I'm fine with it.

SiB-a question. What do Martians look like? Obviously humanoid, since Thad and Ri-Xean were an item for a while. And if I remember correctly, Ri-xean was half human. You mentioned the martian elder being purple after long exposure to the sun. But...what do they look like? They were seen on earth during the invasion, during Tinker and SiB and company's trip to Mars, ect. ect., so it seems their appearance is something we might know in game.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 pm 
Hyperkeeper

What do Martians look like? Hmmm... kinda tall, thin and willowy, with a sort of alien elegance. Hazelnut-shaped face, with the point of the 'nut' forming the chin. Martians are covered in extremely short (~1/4 to 1/3 inch) fuzz or hair from the neck down. Over a Martian's lifespan, this hair changes from white (birth) to blue (adolescence to late middle age, depending on shade), until it gradually fades to a faint purple (old age; the equivalent in humans is going gray.) In female Martians, the hair becomes iridescent around the high point of their reproductive cycle; many Martian beauty products have been made to provide extra sparkle for this reason.

More details as I think them up. If you're curious about anything specific, just ask!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 pm 

Ok, Michael and Demothesis and (I'm guessing) Frederic's entries are up, for the "Scare the CRAP out of Interpol" contest. All that's left is for Jennifer to get hers prepared.

Incidentally, I'll post up David's new actions after we hear back from Hawk. I'm not really sure what to do with him right now.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 pm 

Alright, Jennifer's entry in the contest is up. I didn't really let the suspense build or anything, mostly because I just want to get on with it...

But yeah. She's (somewhat) repaired Tanglebox so it can at least twitch and hum. Probably not more, but the Interpol agents don't know that... :twisted:

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next