Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Ok... so if everyone's ready, we vote for who had the scariest act!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 pm 

This is tough...but Demo as mad ax murderer, with song and style, yet, is just too hard to top.
Fredric as Dr. Viktor is cool, and Jennifer making them think the Tanglebox is awake is awesome...this was tough!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm 

Ok, so that's Chic's vote... what say the rest of ye?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Sorry, I was thinking about Bugs bunny when I was writing my post. And if you don't like it then, you can just get yourself a gun and declare rabbit season or something! :D

EDIT: And I have to go with demo, the song was a really nice touch.

EDIT ROUND TWO: Don't get me wrong Fredric was scary but Demo in my opinion was demented. I just enjoy anything that messes with people's head.

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:44 am 
Hyperkeeper

Good news: I finished all my college work the week before Finals Week.

Bad news: I caught a nasty cold on Finals Week.

>>Story posts may be a bit late!<<

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm 

Well, I made my choice based on what Fredric could do, and on the assumption of what an Interpol agent would find scary more then I did general scariness. Votes up to you guys.
*sits aside and tries to be a good sport.*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 pm 

SiB, it's ok. I was expecting these next two weeks to be rather busy for everyone. It's not like IRL stuff isn't at the forefront of everyone's minds right now.

Good luck with college finals, and the work involved with them, college-type persons!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:55 pm 

Gah, story...reference...
Stones...reference... AHHHHHHHHHH! WHY?!?!?
I have to with Demo and Michael, just because of the musical bit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:16 pm 

Alright... so three people for Michael and Demothesis (mostly Demothesis, though. Michael did almost nothing, to be fair)

Michael: HEY!

Anyways... I think the only people left to vote are SiB and Jane... unless I'm forgetting someone...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 pm 
Hyperkeeper

More developments in the marinated marathon against the marauding Martians!

Also: I vote Jennifer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:12 pm 
Mysterious Stranger

Having just finished reading the entire archived game, I have to say something:

Dana Amino is Deadpool. I'm convinced.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:00 pm 

Raijin wrote:

Yup. Agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm 

It should be noted that Michael is taking this martian invasion as seriously as he can. But when a priority like driving Primary Xerox crazy with annoyance comes up, it kinda distracts him from everything else apart from survival.

Michael: Mwahahaha.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:37 pm 

Raijin wrote:

...yeah. Basically, yes. And, to be honest, I think Deadpool himself would approve...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 pm 

Claire's thought process on catnip is really similar to her normal thought process... I was trying to make her a bit more silly and impulsive than usual, but I don't know if it came across at all...

Jennifer: And now Maxwell and Fredric are going to murder me. Lovely. ... *pokes Fredric's ear to make it stand up again*

Oh, and I'm assuming it was either a gradual scent change and Eta wasn't really paying attention, or Eta doesn't know what catnip smells like. Sorry if I'm wrong on both points.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm 

There's a bit of a problem on my end, so I won't be on much tonight. I apologize for that. I'll be back on tomorrow.

I know that finals are next week for some peoples, so I'm getting pretty sure that the game is gonna slow down for the next week, prolly. New peoples: Don't worry! Everyone will return. Even King Arthur. Although we don't quite know when...

I'm basically gonna make one post tonight and that's more or less it. I have obligations to worry about.

Also, as long as I'm here I may as well mention a webcomic people should read: Terinu. One of the better webcomics to come out of Australia since the medium of webcomicery began, Terinu is a science fiction story best classified as a Space Opera, and follows the exploits of a young alien boy as he falls out of one bad situation and into another. The comic boasts an interesting cast and a story that is well fitting the "Space Opera" genre. It's one of the more enjoyable pieces of new science fiction I've read in the past year, with cool artwork, and I'd love to plug it to people.

The only thing I can complain about is this: the comic's creator, Cheypeta, seems to have vanished, and the comic hasn't been updated in a while. While her blog listed her as being involved in National Novel Writer's Month this november, that's long over and the fact that she hasn't updated the site (or even fixed the hacked entries on her news column) mean she might be gone for good. So read Terinu while you can, and hopefully, if the internet is lucky, she'll be back.

One other warning: There is furry content (Aliens in science fiction always seem to either look bizarre or look fuzzy) so people who aren't interested in that stuff shouldn't check it out. There's also a bit of blood in places, although no sexual content, so people should be fine there.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:47 pm 

While I don;t have finals, the pressure is on for my portfolio. I need to get to a scanner, but the new car isn't coming until monday, and the deadline is january Fith and I have to write an essay and... and...

*sigh* I'll try to post by tomorrow, but stress isn't helping me think at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 pm 

Tinker, don't worry about the game! You've got important real life stuff to worry about. I'll just be glad to see you when you're back.
And best of good luck on the portfolio! I'm carless myself, so I sympathise.
Crossing fingers!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:33 pm 

Thanks, Chic.
By the way, if anyone wants to see what I've finished lately... I'm fond of this one.

Edit- Also, I *had* to post Eta meeting Micheal, for pure potential awesome.

Edit-Edit: I'll try and post for the fantasy game later tonight. Right now I wanna chill for a while.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:01 pm 

Eta + Michael = awesome, Tinker.

And yes, the Umbras have matching spacesuits. And yes, they made one for Michael. This is one of the random things I've had planned out for ages, but it's never come up before. I don't know why, I just find it entertaining. And it does seem like something a family of Mads would do.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm 

Item Info: Claire's Magic Feather

Essentially, this item is set to allow Claire to channel the magic stored in it, and if need be direct from Fredric, with her mind.
In specific Fredric has told her it;s a device that will project a force field that she can control, that will provide air and protection- under the assumption that she will trust him, and so it will do just that.

However
it an technically do whatever she wants it to do... if she thinks it can. If, for instance, she assumes anything made by a Mad Scientist comes with rayguns, it will. Conversely, if she assumes it will malfunction...

Fredric himself wishes he had more time to put in fail safes- but he wanted to be sure Claire would be safe. As far as a Device goes, this is the equivalent of hotwiring a car by hitting it with a hammer. It works, but there's a lack of finesse.

Edit: I wanna wait for Z to have Micheal respond to Maxwell before I post again. Also, I wonder hwo many people will note the three disconcerting things about the above info...

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:23 pm 

There'll be a post up soon. I promise you that.

But there are a few things I do need to get done first. My laptop computer is also dead'd on me, due to an incident involving dropped eggs, someone tripping over a little dog, and my poor laptop.

The upside is I finally got smart and kept backups of most of my important story data, as well as other stuff on there that I considered essential. Also, I HAVE the money to get a newer, cooler, better laptop, but it'll break my bank.

The downside is if it IS scrap now I just lost pretty much all the MSW art we've ever put up, which I had saved to my computer. #$%&...

I wish I could say I was more angry about this. I am, in a way. But to be honest, this computer was dying in some ways anyway... it kept overheating on me at inconvenient times, and some of the keys on the keyboard were broken.

So yeah... there will be a post up soon.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
However it an technically do whatever she wants it to do... if she thinks it can. If, for instance, she assumes anything made by a Mad Scientist comes with rayguns, it will.

... :twisted:

This is going to be fun.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:43 pm 

Claire wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
However it an technically do whatever she wants it to do... if she thinks it can. If, for instance, she assumes anything made by a Mad Scientist comes with rayguns, it will.

... :twisted:

This is going to be fun.

Yep. Anything she *assumes* or beleives it can do. :lol:
This may be Fredrics Maddest moment... unleashing Claire.. with Magic.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 pm 

Michael: *Grabs Frederic and starts shaking him* WHAT IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE WERE YOU THINKING?!?

Robin Toboz: *Drumming her fingers together* Exxxcellent...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Computer power cord failure. Getting a new cord. Martians return Monday. See you soon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:22 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
The downside is if it IS scrap now I just lost pretty much all the MSW art we've ever put up, which I had saved to my computer. #$%&...

Well, depending on the computer, and how totaled it is, you may be able to get at the memory even with it ruined.I'd have to google exactly how, but I'm fairly sure it'd still be salvageable.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:26 am 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Michael: *Grabs Frederic and starts shaking him* WHAT IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE WERE YOU THINKING?!?

Fredric: Oi dunno! Oi was worried! And- and- it made sense at the time!

The Steve: *points at Robin* No ideas, you hear?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:39 am 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Professor Zobot wrote:

Fredric: Oi dunno! Oi was worried! And- and- it made sense at the time!

The Steve: *points at Robin* No ideas, you hear?

Claire: I think it's nice that Fredric's protecting me and I don't see anything wrong with it... and Mister Steve, what's wrong with Miss Toboz having ideas? She's nice.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 pm 

Robin Toboz: *Showing Carcer-ish displays of hurt feelings* But... but... Mango Chutney!

Incidentally, I won't be able to post tonight until after 10 PM, central standard time. BUT...

Tomorrow...

Prepare yourself for...

"Robin Toboz Takes on The Holiday Season"

A holiday special GUARANTEED to break your brain...

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next