Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm 
Hyperkeeper

SiB:

Mmmmm... good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:56 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

*Sniff*

I knew it was happening and I'm still bummed about it.

Goodbye Michael.

I'll post again sometime later. I don't feel very good right now.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:37 pm 

Goodbye, Michael...
Eeesh. It was such a good death trap, too.
I'm gonna miss the Michael and Fredric show.

The aftermath is going to be interesting....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
The aftermath is going to be interesting....

The aftermath is gong to be *bad*.
Okay, cards on the table time.
Fredric has a *Network*.
.... yes, that 'Network'. It's much, lower intensity, and much smaller, but it's there. he doesn't access it unless he's in The Madness Place, or using his Magic (since that's part of how he sustains it).
Now.
Think.

Micheal, Fredric first real friend- the first person his own age he'd ever been able to talk to, just died.

Goodbye, Micheal. if it's any comfort to him, It is now very, very likely that he'll get his revenge anyways.
Edit: BUT I have promised Jane to not post for Fredric before her next post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:22 pm 

*Sighs*

Darn it. And I was sorta hoping Michael would kinda survive.

At this rate I'll never have a character who achieves Magnificent Bastard status.

EDIT:

Professor_Tinker wrote:
~Xerox~
... and why the hell did the Kid make an EMP field?! Shouldn't she have made a swarm of clockwork electro ducks or something?!" he was twitching now, seeing red.

WHY THE HECK ARE YOU GIVING HER IDEAS?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm 

Clockwork electro ducks? Now, that's just silly.
Clockwork electro mosquitos, on the other hand...
Hmm...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Clockwork electro ducks? Now, that's just silly.

What, are you kidding? Ducks, swan, and geese were the last birds to still have fangs- considered to be potential direct ancestors of the velocoraptors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:56 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Thaddeus cheats, he will refuse the compulsion to think Sarcastic is a different person. I can only believe that Frederic would think the same way.* Saya I'm not sure about.

Also I'll side with chicgeek on this one. She already has clockwork sparrows larger birds are a bit of a step down. She should totally build clockwork mosquitos though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:02 pm 

That Guy wrote:
Thaddeus cheats, he will refuse the compulsion to think Sarcastic is a different person.

You realize, of course, that that only is gonna make her ATTRACTED to him... I mean, I already decided a while ago that henchmen that were still RELATIVELY human were her type, but still... the idea of a guy who can recognize her regardless of what she's wearing and how her appearance changes is a pretty attractive incentive.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:12 pm 

That Guy wrote:
I can only believe that Frederic would think the same way.* Saya I'm not sure about..

Fredric has bad eyesight anyways- he relies on scent, which dosn't change. And he won't be nice about that part. Expect a comment about cheap shampoo. :D
Saya... would not even be sure why she's supposed to look different. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 pm 

Zobot wrote:
That Guy wrote:
Thaddeus cheats, he will refuse the compulsion to think Sarcastic is a different person.

You realize, of course, that that only is gonna make her ATTRACTED to him... I mean, I already decided a while ago that henchmen that were still RELATIVELY human were her type, but still... the idea of a guy who can recognize her regardless of what she's wearing and how her appearance changes is a pretty attractive incentive.

You realize that in his nonexistent emotional state that that is the last thing he needs.

Just so we're clear on this I think it would be hilarious. Especially if she asks him for training like we were planing. Then he'll think it's inappropriate in a teacher student relationship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm 

That Guy wrote:
Zobot wrote:
That Guy wrote:

You realize that in his nonexistent emotional state that that is the last thing he needs.

Just so we're clear on this I think it would be hilarious. Especially if she asks him for training like we were planing. Then he'll think it's inappropriate in a teacher student relationship.

YOU realize that having said this it's gonna pretty much happen now. She might even ask him to train her as a PRETENSE of getting to know him better... granted, she'd still want the training, but of course she'd be asking him personal questions while it was happening.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:27 pm 
Heh heh heh.

1:

Well. In her current state, Jane is ready to take on all of those watching-- and win! I wouldn't be surprised if Chic now wants to fight her, though...

2:

I nominate the Corruption parasite for the award: WORST VILLAIN EVER.

3:

My god... what has Jane become?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:29 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:

Seconded. Although isn't Frederic quasi-invulnerable? Or a Jaeger or something?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jane Narbon wrote:

Seconded. Although isn't Frederic quasi-invulnerable? Or a Jaeger or something?

Yes, yes he is. Unless that knife was made out of depleted uranium, it did NOT kill him, and had an unlikely chance of slicing him deeply.

... and I'm not happy about him being taken off guard, either. Really, really not happy. In the Madness place, as hyper aware as he is?
Please, tell me if I'm just being sensitive here...
Edit: With a small admission towards him being distracted, as I will soon post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:38 pm 
Heh heh heh.

It was poisoned. With something hyper-toxic. He's at least out of it, if not close to death (I'm doing this to show off the Nadir of the Corruption, pick a fight with Chic, and then force everybody away to bring about the endgame.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm 

Yes, but Frederic could theoretically be taken off guard. I can think of three reasons:

1. Jane's martial arts background
2. all of the funky chemicals may mask her scent if he's not looking for it
3. he's being distracted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:44 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
It was poisoned. With something hyper-toxic. He's at least out of it, if not close to death (I'm doing this to show off the Nadir of the Corruption, pick a fight with Chic, and then force everybody away to bring about the endgame.)

Stunned. he is STUNNED, okay? I will ACCEPT him being distracted and geting stabbed. And what the hell, for all I know that WAS depleted uranium.
But he is stunned.
he is A Jager, and he is a Tinker. They are not easy to kill, they are not easy to hurt.
:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:45 pm 

Okay, I posted before I read the lounge.
Mad Chic is unleashed, not cute anymore, not playing. That is what she would do. She's very protective of her family...
I'm sure Jane can figure a way out.

And yeah, worst villain ever!

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:47 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Prof T: Uncle! Uncle! Ya got me! All right, he's stunned. Or out. He's not dead, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:47 pm 

By the way, could everyone please wait a sec while I post? I'll try to make it fast, but I need a second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm 

Sorry Tinker posted in the wars before I read this. David, Sarcastic and Thad showing up shouldn't affect your post to much though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 pm 

Allright, there you go.
Made *me* cry a little to write it, personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 pm 

:cry: :cry:
*Sniff Sniff* I'll be okay in a minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:28 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
That Guy wrote:
I can only believe that Frederic would think the same way.* Saya I'm not sure about..

Fredric has bad eyesight anyways- he relies on scent, which dosn't change. And he won't be nice about that part. Expect a comment about cheap shampoo. :D
Saya... would not even be sure why she's supposed to look different. :shock:

Cripes. Three more people for Janitor to stay away from. Except she's already met Thad... Gale/Alice is going to have a fun time trying to explain herself should Thad ever see her on the street. *sweatdrop* ...And it really does figure that a fair number from Tinker's household could potentially ID her. Yeesh.

Mad Chic versus Corrupted Jane... *shudders*

I... kinda can't believe Michael's gone. I think - I think I was starting to respect him. And the Frederic/Michael relationship... :cry: *hugs Frederic*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:35 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
I... kinda can't believe Michael's gone. I think - I think I was starting to respect him. And the Frederic/Michael relationship... :cry: *hugs Frederic*

Fredric: Yeh, 's pretty rough.. i mean, i woz just- Wait, Fredric 'Slash' Micheal?!

Ignore the bunny- he needs hugs!

That Guy wrote:
:cry: :cry:
*Sniff Sniff* I'll be okay in a minute.

Ah, yeah... that's how I felt.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:40 pm 

It's the most obvious pairing since their apparent ages are the closest. Besides its just fun imagining that Michael would have continued calling Fredric "the Rabbit" through the whole fic.

Anyway. I must sleep. Nyarr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm 

Yeah, I need to crash, too. Work tomorrow, and just fought off god awful cold. Blergh.
I'll be rushing to get online when I get home...

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Fredric: Yeh, 's pretty rough.. i mean, i woz just- Wait, Fredric 'Slash' Micheal?!

Ignore the bunny- he needs hugs!

Agh! I meant friendship, really. Previous fanarts to the contrary, I don't ship much.* Sorry for the misunderstanding, Frederic... Just think of it as me trying to see your names together on the page again... *hugs*

(*Trust me, when I do, you'll know.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Agh! I meant friendship, really. Previous fanarts to the contrary, I don't ship much.* Sorry for the misunderstanding, Frederic... Just think of it as me trying to see your names together on the page again... *hugs*

(*Trust me, when I do, you'll know.)

Fredric: All right, all right... I just get paranoid. *bunny hugs!*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next