Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 101  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

That Guy wrote:
It's the most obvious pairing since their apparent ages are the closest. Besides its just fun imagining that Michael would have continued calling Fredric "the Rabbit" through the whole fic.

Anyway. I must sleep. Nyarr.

Michael: Interesting. And how does the hypothetical shipper explain away the fact that I am, (or, more accurately, was) straight? I wasn't really interested in guys. Not that it matters, really. I'm only seizing this as an opportunity to get to talk one more time.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:38 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Hypothetical: Who says you're straight. You could've been anything. Besides you should quit talking. It just makes me miss you more. *Wah*

Yeah...poor shipper. SiB killed half of her favorite ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:44 pm 

Poor Micheal.... heh. He should host Dixie De'Vils show for a while... new job after the show?
And I consider Micheal like Fredric- young enough that sexuality hasn't come up yet. Although, when Fredric is older, it's likely he'll take after Xerox and have little preference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm 

Michael's kinda like Frederic, but you have to remember he also has most of the memories of several fully-grown adults running around in his head. He's a lot more worldly about matters of the heart and other associated organs than the Bun might be. He's assuming he's straight because the body he's transmitted himself into came off of a person who had a genetic tendency towards heterosexuality, but I could easily see him getting a crush on someone of his own gender if things went one way or another.

Except Frederic. Both because I want to spite the hypothetical shippers, and because at one point he had a body based off of Frederic's. In Michael's mind it'd just be WEIRD.

EDIT: Except I keep forgetting it really doesn't matter anymore... *Sighs* Darn it. I keep feeling guilty about killing off a character.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:06 pm 

Don't worry. Shippers will always have AU's to be able to pair them up on and on for infinity. Mwahahahahahahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:10 pm 

Except Michael doesn't actually exist in the Negative alternate universe (which is the only one we've established currently.)

The circumstances that resulted in his creation never actually occurred over there. There wasn't a Tanglebox, since Nega-Zobot's arm didn't turn out to be plotting against him.

Which means that Freddy doesn't get a friend. Aww...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 pm 

Oh, I was just thinking of the various AU's they can come up with on their own, not ones established in canon. You know, AU where Micheal didn't die, AU where Lagos and Wally are switched, AU where Andrew's a girl, so on and so forth. Yep, there's lots of possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:19 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Except Michael doesn't actually exist in the Negative alternate universe (which is the only one we've established currently.)

The circumstances that resulted in his creation never actually occurred over there. There wasn't a Tanglebox, since Nega-Zobot's arm didn't turn out to be plotting against him.

Which means that Freddy doesn't get a friend. Aww...

AC-tiualy,I figured that one out- Nega *Toboz* decides he needs a backup clone body, which he gets growing in a tank in the Tinker Labs. During the infamous 'Free the Captives' arc over there recently, the tank was broken, releasing the clone before he was fully grown, with Nega Zobots memories rattling around in his head... but only up to the accident, making him a clone of the *good* Nega Zobot before he lost his memory. Because the two universes *have* to work like that.
Wheeeeeeee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 pm 

That's....actually a very good theory. I would be inclined to agree, if only because the idea of an Alternate Michael appeals to me very much. I actually have a few ideas of how he'd work as a character... I'm inclined to think that such a character would give Nega-Tinker and his regime a disturbing number of gray hairs. That is, if Nega-Tinker was even close to near the age he'd need to be to even HAVE gray hairs.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
That is, if Nega-Tinker was even close to near the age he'd need to be to even HAVE gray hairs.
Oh, he has them regardless. Believe me, he has them XD
I can just see nega-Tinker bawling out Freddy for being friends with "That damn idiot Micheal!!". XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:57 pm 

That actually brings up an interesting point... how did Alt-Michael and Freddy meet? I mean, Frederic and Michael met at the Halloween party... which is where Freddy was as well. But it's a safe bet that Alt-Michael wasn't at that party.

So how exactly did they meet, and how did Alt-Michael become friend with someone as violent as Freddy?

In the spirit of imagination, I'm gonna open this up for speculation. The person who suggests the best theory (according to my opinion, anyway) will win a prize.

Best of luck!

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am 
Heh heh heh.

Online dating service, perhaps?

Today's installment: Jane's final rush.

Note: I think SiB's going to post soon, saying what's coming up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 am 
Hyperkeeper

OK! Here we go! As we enter the endgame, here's what's going to happen next:

You won't be able to stop Jane from leaving the building. Once she breaks out, Xerox and company will follow her wherever she goes (in this case, to SoItBegins' house.) Then it starts. I'm not going to spoil it, but I will say that the ending of this chapter is going to turn it up to 11-- Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 am 

Wow. Maybe Fredric should quit lollygagging and wake up? :D
Or I can see Chic running after Jane, Fredric tossed over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
And what about Andrew?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
Online dating service, perhaps?

Huh. Well, that *is* Evil....
Jane Narbon wrote:
Today's installment: Jane's final rush.
OOooh, clever. Most Mads are so distracted by the nifty energy feild and loose-wrap binding fibers that they forget about ze leetle button on the handle...

And I think Fredric will snap out of it. I do have to admit it's fun to remember that he's a little delicate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:38 pm 

Tinker wrote:
Guns were only good for one, basic thing.

Xerox should never express this opinion when Thaddeus is nearby. Thad could show him many, many more things that can be done with a gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm 

I may be out of town this weekend-won't know until tomorrow. If I am, I won't have acesss to a computer.
The horror....

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 pm 

That Guy wrote:
Tinker wrote:
Guns were only good for one, basic thing.

Xerox should never express this opinion when Thaddeus is nearby. Thad could show him many, many more things that can be done with a gun.

Hah! I would expect a spirited debate.... although Xerox isn't *anti* gun, exactly, he considers it a personal choice.

chicgeek wrote:
I may be out of town this weekend-won't know until tomorrow. If I am, I won't have acesss to a computer.
The horror....

Ouch. Want me to cover Chic if the need arises?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
The horror....

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Ouch. Want me to cover Chic if the need arises?

Sure! I'm trying to decide if I want to accompany my geek family to an out of town chess tourney. But yeah, if you don't mind, that would be lovely.
I think I'm going to go crash-early day tomorrow.

And chibi Fredric is so cute-or he would be if he wasn't so pitiful at the moment. Awww....

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 pm 

Poor Fredric. He's so sad. And now he's a chibi, which just makes him all the more adorable.

:( Feel better, Fredric.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 am 

chicgeek wrote:
And chibi Fredric is so cute-or he would be if he wasn't so pitiful at the moment. Awww....

Claire wrote:
Poor Fredric. He's so sad. And now he's a chibi, which just makes him all the more adorable.

:( Feel better, Fredric.

Heh, he is kinda sad, isn't he? Poor Fredric...
He'll get better, but I figure that there's only so much you can take... he may not have been very nice to Jane, but he respected her. And Micheal... yeah.
He's spent a lot of his life looking after his Da, and trying to learn how to take care of people. Helplessness hurts him.

(I've always meant for him to have different 'modes', so this is the first new mode- Chibi/Energy Saver mode. He's no shapeshifter like Jess, though. In the end, he'll have a total of 5 forms. not counting 'in-between' shapes.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:30 am 
Heh heh heh.

Long legs: useful for running as well as seduction! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 am 

Poor Xerox... He's had to learn to be extra fast to make up for being typically shorter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:51 pm 

Oh geeze... it looks like Frederic's gradually worming his way towards figuring out what happened.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 pm 

Heh... looks like it, huh. Now: the question is just how many pieces he can put together... Micheal's intentions are pretty clear, if you have a head for facts...
Hmm. i wonder how Micheal would react if Fredric were to get really, honestly mad at him... hypothetically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:31 pm 

It's all hypothetical, since SiB reverted Michael to nothing more than an expanding cloud of disassociated molecules.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Poor Xerox... He's had to learn to be extra fast to make up for being typically shorter...

So how tall is he, anyway? And how tall are the Viktor twins? No reason, just curious.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:55 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

So how tall is he, anyway? And how tall are the Viktor twins? No reason, just curious.

Xerox is 5'7, and the Viktors are a solid 6'10, I think. I might be wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:11 pm 

So Jess is a little taller than Xerox-she's tallish for a woman, I always figured 5'8", 5'9", something like that.
Man, of all the weekends to be away from the computer-ah, well. Cest la vie.
If BL wraps up, I'll just have fun reading about it sunday night. :D

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:18 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Quick note: You won't be able to get into the Vault in any way, or affect its contents, or even find out what's going on in there. About the only thing you can do now is wait...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 101  Next