Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Character Chat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Andrew Tinker: Greetings! I am here by the behest of my creator, Luc! He's noticed a tendancy to chatter 'In Character' out of continuity in the Lounge, Notebook, and.. well, kind of everywhere. And he has become rather fond of it.

Luc: Damn skippy. Now get to the point.

Andrew: I won't be rushed, you know.

Luc: Less lip, sock puppet.

Xerox: I'm gonna cut both you prima donnas off here. This thread is for these types of discussions- by the characters, about the characters, too the character. it's all out of common continuity, of course, but it's a nice way to play with the characters and discuss things from *our* point. As well as a return to this crazy snowballs humble origins- bickering in the footnotes. Now, to start the proceedings.... hey, Fredric! You gonna man up or what?

Fredric: Shuddup! Dunno what you're talking about! *glowers*

Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Janitor: Hmmm? What's going on? *begins sweeping innocently, casting a few curious glances towards Frederic* I think I might have some punch left if you prefer to woman up...

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 pm 

Fredric: ... no. Just, no. I dun do well wi' estrogen. An' I don't think that would really *help* my situation.

Xerox: *looks up from cup* What was that about punch?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:15 am 

Prof. Andronicus: I agree with you there he doesn't seem to have a preference.

Radcliffe: What's goin' on. I jus' got here.

Thaddeus: We were just talking about your sexual preference.

Radcliffe: Well oka-ey' wai' a minit. *Click Vrrrrrrrrm*

Prof. Andronicus: End of Post! End of Post!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 am 

Sarcastic: You know, sometimes I wonder why we're all here. What's the big point?

Khan: Well, I don't know about you apes, but I know why we cats exist.

Sarcastic: *Tilts her head and looks at him* Oh?

Khan: Yup. We're here to lord over the world, living in the utmost lap of luxury while you humans muddle around dealing with all the world's problems.

Sarcastic: Err...aren't a large number of the feline species endangered or in serious danger of habitat depletion due to human encroachment?

Khan: *Grins fiendishly* That's just what we WANT you to think...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 am 

Claire: Not paying attention... none of my business... Oh! Cookies! *starts climbing the shelves to reach the cookies, which are all the way at the top*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:11 pm 

Wally: *reaches out and bops Claire on the nose* Bad Claire! No cookie until you resolve internal conflicts.

Lagos: Hey, who are you to talk? Pot, meet kettle?

Wally: No, that's not an internal conflict. That's a legitimate secret. There's a difference.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 pm 

Claire: *falls off the shelves, startled* No cookie? But... but... now I'm never gonna get any cookies....

Jennifer: You are aware that you can resolve internal conflicts, right?

Claire: *stares blankly for a minute* Now you're just being ridiculous. There's candy... I suppose I could eat candy instead...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane and Maria Narbon enter. They're both wearing the same outfit, but Jane's dress is white and Maria's is black.

Jane: We're heeeere!

Maria: And we brought snacks, too! (holds up a tray full of cookies and other goodies)

Jane: (with a wicked grin) We even decided not to mess with most of them.

(JN and MN produce a folding table out of nowhere and set the tray on it.)

Both: Bon appetit!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:47 pm 

Claire: *looks at the tray for a minute, apparently debating something* ...brownies don't count as cookies, right?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 pm 

Fredric: Oh, for gods sake have a cookie! If she can;t have one, 'en no one can.

Xerox: Well, maybe Saya could...
Saya: No. Unresolved greif and loss issues.
Xerox: Ooh, yeah I know that one.

Fredric: We're outta continuity 'ere... lemme speak honestly, Claire. At this point, neither of us is gonna do anythin', an 'es too goddamn... whatever 'e is t' approach jes one of us. So I personally submitt wot we 'ave entered a Grade A 'Triangle Limbo'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 pm 

Radcliffe: Ey' it ain't mah fault. Mamma always sayd tha' she thought I'd have trouble wit' problims' I could'en solve wit' math. Unless. *grabs large blackboard from nowhere and begins writing complex equations rapidly*

Thaddeus: We could be here for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 pm 

Claire: Yay, cookie! Thanks Fredric. Yeah, you've got a point. And I don't know about you, but I was always told that if I had a problem with something, I should just blow stuff up until the problem went away. It *usually* works...

Jennifer: Blame her parents- the 'cause explosions' stress reliever was just supposed to be until she could actually fix stuff ...and she never really learned how to do that...

Claire: *munches on cookie* But I *like* explosions... and going out of continuity to be honest about this sort of thing is hard.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:58 pm 

Fredric: ... I need to work this out. *grabs notebook*

Xerox: Don't be stupid. You can't possibly analyze emotions like tha-

Dr: Harp: Yes you can. Look, I have the formula!

Andrew: For the record, I think he's just doing a standard logic sequence. It's a, um, well, it;s a Tinker thing. And personally logic isn't all it's hyped up to be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 am 

Thaddeus: Carry the seven.

Radcliffe: *stops for a second* Righ'. Thanks cuz. So how 're things wit you.

Thaddeus: Oh you know-fighting monsters, getting blown up, not listening to the voices in my head...

Radcliffe: That's nize...'ey wait. What wus tha' last one?

Thaddeus: Um...getting blown up.

Radcliffe: Oh. Righ' *goes back to his equations*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 am 

Jennifer: *scribbles on a piece of paper for a minute, then hands it to Claire* Done. That was easy.

Claire: Jennifeeeeeer... you can't cancel stuff out like that. I'm not even in this equation.

Jennifer: Exactly. You come home, Fredric winds up with Radcliffe, and the rest of us aren't constantly worried that you'll do something stupid like getting killed by Radient.

Claire: *starts writing on her own piece of paper* You're no help at all...

Jennifer: You might as well just see what they get- I don't see how you plan on figuring it out if a Madboy and a Guy can't, even if you are good at math. Although really, I'm guessing you all still have enough secrets at this point that everyone's missing at least half the variables...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:36 pm 

Xerox: *rolls up a newspaper and smacks Jennifer* Shut *up*, you arrogant brat. I chased you off when you were a kid and I'll do it again now. *stands between Claire and Jennifer* You do your math, okay smart-girl?

Fredric: ... *looks at paper* Yanno, oi *hate* logic. This is *not* a solution!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm 

Claire: I'm working on it... *switches to a different color crayon* integrate here, subtract this, assume these constants are irrelevant... *absentmindedly* Fredric, logic doesn't work so well when you're Mad... and trying to apply logic to me doesn't usually work so well either... switch to base 3, draw a detailed diagram, complete the square from this equation... *switches crayon color again*

Jennifer: Stupid newspapers... and you use logic all the time. You're just insane enough not to care that it makes no sense, so it all ends up cancelling out, and you get an answer anyway most of the time. *rubs head* I'm going to go sit over here now...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:07 pm 

David: Umm... why haven't I been getting any screen time lately! It's unfair, I'm supposed to be a main character! *crosses his arms and pouts* But lately it's been all "Sarcastic this" and "Ten Gentlemen that" and don't even TRY telling me that adding all these unnecessary superhero characters isn't unnecessarily complicating the plot!

The Writer: Chill off, kid. Wait until the Tinker mindjump. *Grins* You'll get a chance to shine then. Sheesh... make a guy your main and he starts to get all prima donna on you.

David: You'll hear from my agent about this!

Michael: I feel your pain, "uncle." Maybe we should start a class action suit? *Grins evilly*

The Writer: I'd feel more concerned if *I* wasn't both your agent and your go-to guy for attorneys in this game. Now quit with your whining.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 am 

Fredric: Actually, our brand 'a logic is geared for *our* world, not the one... yanno... past that wall over there. Th' fourth one. Otherwise it'd be a waste 'a time. *crumples up paper* Who am oi kidding? I'd rather be friends with Claire, an' I don' even know Radcliffe that well yet. Instead, lessee if I can make this pen into a trebuchet.

Xerox: ah... catapult technology. The cause of, and the solution to all of lifes problems. That was one hell of a class field trip...

Andrew: How do you think I feel? smacked out like a naughty puppy for most of the last plot, and now I'm in a coma! *sniffle* at... at this rate... I'll never come back into focus!

Luc: Prima donna. Aieee! *is attacked*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:03 am 

Radcliffe: Ya give up to easly. I 'ave it! *he points proudly at the blackboard*

Writer: Give me that. *poofs board out of existence*

flamma: hey! i'm here. does that mean i'm going to survive?

Writer: *poofs flamma as well* You stay out until you die. Then I'll bring you back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:51 am 

Sarcastic: I wonder how I can get Thaddeus to notice me? Guh, I'm no good at romancey stuff. Maybe I should just ask Mark Variance of that elite EROS organization to give me romantic tips. (Editor's note: EROS stands for Ensuring Romance Occurs.)

Mark: Hey, back off Miss. I'm just a spurious cameo from another creative work of the writer that absolutely no one here would be familiar with. I don't owe you nuthin'. I'm just here to ensure that the triangle between Claire, Frederic, and Radcliffe doesn't end up destroying the world through collateral damage. And to swap conspiracy stories with Xerox.

Sarcastic: Hmmph. Well someone's cranky.

Mark:
Bah, I didn't help found a super-secret quasi-government agency devoted to ensuring that people keep falling head over heels for each other in order to help people get dates. Ok, actually I did, but we don't usually let our clients PICK who they fall in love with. Otherwise we'd have to start mass-cloning Orlando Bloom... Now where's that Dana Amino lady? I've got a pheremone-tipped dart I need to "accidentally" hit her with while she's conveniently nearby someone we've profiled as her ideal romantic opposite...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm 

#13: ... I *will* kill myself. I swear, I'll do it! I mean it this time!

Xerox: Hey Mark. Thanks for the help with Fredric- you know how it is with Tinkers. I mean, his Grand-Dad's Marriage had a blast radius of 14 miles for crying out loud.

Andrew: *hands Sarcastic a cup of tea* Some people need time to come to terms with who they are before they can come to terms with other people. and *some* people need to be hit with a cartoon mallet, given their own damn lab, and dragged kicking and screaming into some semblance of healthy social interaction like it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:06 pm 

Claire: *finishes scribbling, surrounded by paper* Um... I don't think we'll destroy the world. Maybe two or three continents, at most. It's fairly difficult to destroy a giant lump of rock collaterally... usually... *picks up a different piece of paper* And I keep getting divide-by-zero errors when trying to pinpoint the exact number of explosions... *shrugs, and starts wiring a few compounds together* Hey Fredric, let me know when you're finished that trebuchet, and then help me pick a target, ok?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:37 pm 

Amino: I don't even want to know who you think is my 'ideal romantic opposite', Mark. All I can say is that if you value your bipedal movement you won't even try to use that phermone dart on me. Besides, I have a specific no-romance clause in my contract.

The Writer: *whispers* No, she doesn't.

Amino: What?

The Writer: *innocently* Nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm 

Writer: I feel sorry for you Sarcastic. Really I do. Thad is just far to withdrawn though. Not that you should stop trying. Just that all the reactions are going to be in () until well...I can't just give that away now can I.

Radcliffe: 'Ey you. Gimm'e that board back.

Writer: NEVER!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 pm 

Fredric: Aw, jes help me figure out wot t' use for the trebuchet, willya? 's almost done...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 am 

Michael: Oh dear... more undue interest from Xerox. *Sighs* I knew coming to the Prix would be trouble. Fortunately, this Runaway is quite good at ducking Excelsior, even if he's not the cool one with the genetically engineered deinonychus from the 87th century.

Sarcastic:
Are you talking about Gurt or Chase?

Michael: The one whose NOT a lanky, undereducated gorilla, of course. Chase gets points for those gauntlets of his, but he also loses points for trusting them to someone else and getting them destroyed because of it.

David: Unh.... what exactly are you guys talking about?

*Both Sarcastic and Michael turn silently to look at David, and then turn away, laughing.*

David: Aww....

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:16 pm 

Xerox: ...does that make Fredric Nico or Molly? Guy can go toe to to with a grizzly, but he picked up magic nowadays.

Fredric: I am *not* having this debate again, dammit. Oi 'ad to break up a brawl in th' game store...*cranks up the Pen Trebuchet*. Claire! Got it up!

Sayasuke: I remember that... I beleive they upgraded your job title to 'Nerd Herder'.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm 

Claire: *gestures to a small pile of assorted explosives* Here's some ammo that should fit. You have a target in mind?

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next