Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Claire: *watches the slide show happily* Fredric was cute when he was a bun! And I remember those pictures, Prim. They were so neat! You should do that again sometime...

James: Hmmm... makes me wish I'd taken more pictures, but when you can just go back and watch it again...

Eliza: That and you took apart the camera...

James: It was preposterous! What kind of a camera doesn't have a death laser?!

Claire: Shh... I'm trying to listen to Mister Tinker!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:07 pm 

Andrew: Now, There are impressive- see here, I left a grade school math textbook where he would find it. Now, at first he just nibbled the edges a little, but here- look! He's holding a pencil in his widdle paws! me made it all the way though in just a few days, and then he went back and corrected the flawed reasoning!

Xerox: Ehhh... I try not to so much. I mean, all that salted earth must be bad for the ecoystem. But tell you what- next weekend you and me can go hang out in the abandoned warehouse district and tear up the place a little. hell, 5% of my total income pays for the AWD- may as well get my moneys worth.

Andrew: And here's a picture of him and Commander Xerox, after they fell asleep on the couch during a Dr. Who marathon. If you look closely, you might notice his iddy-biddy ears are all tucked in, and that his teeny little legs are all limp while he cuddles the Commaner.

Fredric: *hands Micheal a sword* If you;d be so kind 'as t' be moi second, while oi prepate t' restore moi honor...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 am 

Claire: Yay destroying stuff! Oooh, do you have any pictures of Fredric destroying stuff? *imagines the little baby bunny on a rampage*

Jennifer: You know, if you kill yourself, you'll just get reanimated, and the lost energy will force you into chibi form, and I don't think that will help with the 'cute...'

Arthur: I think he'd have to go back to Mechanicsburg to get reanimated...

Jennifer: So then he'd have a bunch of jaegerkin talking about how cute he was... I don't think that would really help...

Claire: *still enjoying the pictures* So cute...

Jennifer: I don't think you're helping...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 am 

Michael: ... *Holds the sword, looking at the slides* Frederic, I can honestly say that you have my full and undivided pity.

The Zobot Arm: Darn it, you should be turning on him when he needs you most! That's the more evil route! *Gets blasted out of character chat by a Force beam of undetermined origin*

Michael: *While holding a smoking Force Ray for some unexplained reason* Quiet old man, the legitimate villains are talking.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:14 pm 

Fredric: Aww, It'd take much more 'n a sword t' kill me... but yeh they's have to revive me 'a th' Barody, 'r the Castle... or a' Gramma Gitka's. An' Gramma think's oi'm cute no matter what I do...

Andrew: Why, of course! See here is the Situation Room at M, which has a full scale model of Xyclon and the surrounding area! Lookit his widdy biddy fangs as he terrorized the countryside! And Dr. Cutename was even nice enough to set out little candy people, so he wouldn't hurt his tummy with too much artificial material.

Fredric: *quietly clings to Micheal's leg* Look, jes hit me *real* hard....

Andrew: And here we see him splashing around in the bath...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm 

Michael: I'll consider it a mercy hitting. *Lifts up a huge bat labeled "The Gutsy Bat" on it, and swings... sending Frederic for a home run and ensuring that when he lands he'll be unconscious for a week*

Sarcastic: The REAL question is if anyone will remember where that reference is from...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:52 pm 

Xerox: Earthbound, right? I hope so- then we can make a running gag of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Thaddeus: *his hand suddenly disappears, ending in a bandaged stump* What the? What have you been doing in the main game?

Writer:...Um nothing....

Thaddeus: Does this look like nothing to you. *waves his stump in front of the writer*

Writer: Actually yes...

Radcliffe: Look a' it this way cuz'. Now ya can join the ampy'tee club.

Thaddeus: What?

Radcliffe: The ampy'tee club. We have t' have one aroun' here. What wit' all the people who get their limbs cut off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:27 pm 

Andrew: Can I be secretary? I bet Chic would make you a new one if you asked... I mean, a cloned hand takes forever to re train, and a... *borrowed* one would just feel weird.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm 

Claire: Can I join? I had a hand melt off... And two fingers blasted off... I don't know if that counts as amputation, though.

Jennifer: You got the hand back and you're getting the fingers back soon. I don't think you qualify.

Claire: What if I brought cookies to the meetings? Would that help?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Xerox: Earthbound, right? I hope so- then we can make a running gag of it.

Michael: Pretty much. I had to pry it out of the hands of some whiny kid in a baseball cap. Kid never talked but he seemed to have crazy mental powers and stuff. *Slings it over his shoulder* I'm rather fond of it.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:12 pm 

Xerox: ...You're kind of a jerk, you know that right?

Fredric: Eh, don' mind 'im. On 'th bright side, lookit this nifty junk ;e brought me! Oi could make a mean bazooka outta this...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:23 pm 

Michael: ... what part of "I'm evil, don't trust me" Haven't I managed to convey yet, Xerox? *Hands Sayasuke a Sword of Kings* You have no idea how many Starman Supers I had to destory to find that thing, so make good use of it. On the plus side, I'm independently wealthy now.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am 

Sarcastic: *Reading the latest Main Game post about David* Wait... so now my boss has some mark on his hand that lets him create a magic sword, AND he's displaced from his home universe? So what Boss, now you're supposed to be Sora or something?

David: It's not my fault! Blame our writer!

Michael:
The comparison is logically somewhat flawed. For one thing, there aren't any anthropomorphic creatures... *Sees Herr, Claire, and Frederic walk past* Around... hm. Maybe you DO have a valid point...

Sarcastic: And that's not the end of it! The Neverborn totally ripped off Organization 13 with those hooded robes and the mysterious teleporting and stuff!

Michael:
Evil god, she's right! *Shakes his fist at their writer* Sakes, man, show some decency! How dare you rip off the plots of video games!

The Writer: It's not my fault! 358/2 Days​ is coming out soon! And I haven't had an original idea since Day of the Deranged Do-Gooder! *Curls up into a ball on the floor* I'm a good writer, I'm a good writer, I'm a good writer...

David: They're joking, really... we don't steal stuff from other sources... *Watches as Cleese moves past, being carried away by heartless* at least, I hope we don't...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:32 pm 

Luc: ... yes, because in a game with Jane NARBON, Jagermonsters, Wilbur Whately, a shadowy black organization, a Discworld refugee, and Chibis we should be worried about Originality. Seriously, chill.

Dr. Mallory: hey! I'm not a refugee... I'm an immigrant.

Andrew: Does this make me Riku, or...?

Fredric: Er, try not t' worry abou' it, Da.

Andrew: Well, I mean, a darker character nonetheless heroic...

Fredric: let it go, Da.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:20 pm 

Sarcastic: *Smirking* Really Professor... don't over-think it. It's just a flawed metaphor. Oh, and this is unrelated, but... don't let yourself get kidnapped by a group of bad guys.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm 

Andrew: I'd feel better about that if Zanshitai hadn;t picked up that pink scythe.

Zenshitai: I got it at a garage sale! One can find such lovely accessories in this town~

Sayasuke: It dosn;t match your- ah. I see. You want a *new* kimono... *sigh* is there anyone I can bribe to introduce him to western clothing? It would be cheaper....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:05 pm 

Past David: *Looking at Zen, then at the scythe, then back at Zen* I... have this weird, near-uncontrollable urge to fight you to the death for rewriting my memories or kidnapping my girlfriend or something like that?

Sarcastic: You don't have either of those things, Boss.

Past David:
You're right... I have a boyfriend and I don't have memories...

David: Wait... if you're here, and I'm here... isn't this a paradox or something? NO! DON'T TOUCH ME- *The two Davids touch, and the universe breaks*

*One Universe-repairing later*

David: Darn it darn it darn it! I'm getting tired of having to swim through the seas of Un-Time finding reality shards and putting things back together! Plus I'm worried I screwed something up...

Michael: Uncle, we both know you've never done anything outside the space/time continuum. Quit trying to fool all of us, you're not good at it.

David: *pouting* Plus I'm pretty sure Claire wasn't a cat in the last stable build of the universe... but since I had to repair everything all the changes retroactively rewrote my own memories so I can't remember if she was or not...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:15 pm 

Claire: Mew? Ah-CHOO! *turns back into a humaniod* That felt weird...

Clara: Now you know how I feel most of the time...

Claire: No, I meant the memory rewrite/overwrite/!constant/reassert. It's irritating.

Vienna: Well, if you weren't made that way you would've stayed a cat. And no, you shouldn't have to worry about changing back and forth.

Claire: Oh. Thanks, Grandma!

Vienna: *to David* Don't worry too much about getting Claire right- the whole series is self-modifying/repairing- even outside the timestream- and generally resistant to retroactive changes. She wouldn't even be here if she weren't made like that.

Claire: Paradoxes are hard to keep straight... it's not my fault...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm 

Andrew: I wouldn't really worry about it- our Reality is pretty nebulous. Comes of already being created via the imprints of *several* universes overlaying.

The Steve: Eh, he does a good job. Lucky thing, too- The Steve is not very good at the delicate work. Last time *I* tried, the Ba- ah, wait, that;d be telling.

Zenshitai: I look bad in black- I look like a corpse as is... do spooky secret organization robes come in pink? Or a flower print? Hmm...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm 

Past David: *Looking at the David at the Halloween party* Wow... so you're me two years in the future, huh? That's amazing!

David: Um, er, thank you?

Past David: I'm glad to know I eventually find my way back, even if it does take me so long, and even if I only get to know out of continuity...

David: I wish I could tell you it's gonna be easy... but...

Past David: *Grabbing his arm* You gotta tell me stuff! Do I find any really cool new technology in other universes? Do you have any neat new gadgets and stuff now?

David: Well, um, kinda, but that's sorta supposed to be a secret... so...

Past David: Do we learn martial arts in some universe somewhere? Imagine me with really neat kung-fu moves! That would be so cool!

David: You're, um, a lot more excited about this than I ever remember being...

Past David: What are some of the alternates of us like? Or the rest of the cast?

David: Well, you can see a pretty good example in the pirate thread... wait, why are you so interested anyway? I thought you were in tears wanting to go home?

Past David: Well, I do miss everyone. A lot. Especially Andrew. But I'm feeling a bit better now. Besides, this is an honest-to-goodness-bonafide journey! My first real one ever!

Sarcastic: ...you fight crime, like, EVERY DAY.

Past David: Doesn't really count. I don't usually even leave Xyon City limits.

Sarcastic:
What about that whole "World Tour" thingy?

Past David:
I was a fugitive from justice for most of that. I didn't really get much of a chance to do much except fight.

David:
Ooo... I better not tell you, then...

Past David: Tell me what?

David: Um, nevermind. Nothing. *Looks nervous*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm 

MSH David: *Reading Jane and Tinker's most recent posts in the MSH-i-Verse* Wow...

The Writer: *Folding his arms* Well, there is a REASON I asked Xerox to handle the judging. And Maria Narbon is always impressive... sometimes I get the feeling she's under a lot of pressure to do so...

MSH Richard: ...wow, what a woman.

MSH Lady Drezebel: Hey! We haven't even MET YET, but HEY!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 pm 

Andy: ...Aren't you that girl who used to run the art club?

Chibi Eart!

Chibi Zobot: mwa-ha-ha-huh? *anvil lands on him*

Chibi Andrew: Mmr? *puts on a nurses cap, and drags Chibi David out*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm 

MSH Drezebel: Probably not. I'm from out-of-town. But there's probably a resemblance...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 pm 

Andy: I'm probably just getting a similarity here from your manic gleam...

-Chibi Earth!-
(Chibi Jane is bopping Chbi Sib with a hammer, which causes a little heart to float up)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:37 pm 

David: *Looking at Chibi earth* That's kinda strange...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 pm 

Andrew: You;re telling me. The Redneck Wars arc was represented with rather more Benny Hill music than I was expecting...

Chibi David: *looks up slowly, and spots David. After a beat pause it 'eeps', and hides under a blanket*

Chibi Andrew: Mun? *waves*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:43 am 

David: Aww... the little me has a teeny-tiny Zobot Arm! Hey little me! Watch out, it's gonna betray you!

Chibi-Zobot Arm: Bzzt bzzt! *Pies Chibi David in the face with a sleeping pie, and drags him into a closet before starting teeny-tiny Tanglebox*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:14 pm 

Andrew: ... is that teeny-tiny circus music? My word, I must say Chibi sucks some of the dignity out of it.

Most of the Chibi Cast: *rubs about hitting each other with rubber mallets*

Chibi Mister: *holds up a picture of Andrew with demon horns*

Chibi Andrew: *bursts into tears*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am 

Sarcastic: *Watching the events of Chibi-Dangerous Minds* You know, this is kinda boring from this end... since we can't see inside people's skulls from out here. Too bad we can't see inside Chibi-Frederic's mind as they go rescue him...

-Xin Yun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next