Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Sarah: *rifling through* The sniper rifles are *very* interesting...

Lexus: *hiding* It's not paranoia if there really is a government out to get you!

NDamien: Let go of me and stop exaggerating.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Sarcastic: Hah! *Pointing at Jane* See? Time-delayed stuff in the lemonade! "The Nerd Response" holds! Given a simple, fairly mundane task, Mad Scientists will almost always complicate it.

Ryan: Sarcastic, when you asked to borrow my goldfish for a visual aid for this, I didn't expect it to get abducted and genetically modified.

Sarcastic: Er, sorry Ryan. Want me to try and fix it?

Ryan: No, I'm EXCITED. Now I get to try and figure out what she did to it.

Sarcastic: Well... try to avoid losing a finger.

Sarcastic: Anyways, on with the presentation, I suppose. Most Mad Scientists generally don't work alone, and they also tend to imprint on other people around them. This is called "Minionization", which is a silly way of describing the effect where people who exist around a mad scientist will naturally become accustomed to their behavior and, eventually, come to display Mad-like behavior on their own. *Looking at Jennifer* This is what most behavioral psychologists who study Mads would use to describe Claire's behavior, by the way. It's a theory that was first proposed after the Tinasky research on an adult un-active Mad was published, mainly to describe how a largely ordinary man became adapted to living with an evil biologist so quickly

Ryan: Wait, wasn't the ordinary man in question a latent Mad Scientist anyway? That's hardly a valid test subject for "Minionization." It seems to me like what they need is someone who is just innately sane.

Sarcastic: You've got a point. The ideal test subject would be someone who ISN'T genetically Mad, but grows up around Mad Scientists and their inventions all their life. Observing them for Mad-like behavior after so many years alive would be a good way to see if the "Minionization" theory is true or not.

Ryan: So, someone like this "Claire" girl you've mentioned?

Sarcastic: Even if she is a viable test subject, there'd need to be a control. Someone who was genetically Claire but grew up in a fairly "normal" environment comparatively.

Ryan: So basically it'd be a Nature Vs. Nurture test.

Sarcastic: Yes. For science.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:23 pm 

Sarah: *having heard the above conversation* Hey, Damien, get over here!

Damien: Down! Sit! What?

Hsvieubwa: *jumping up and down in an attempt to lick his face and absolutely not sitting*

Sarah: Your test subject, lady and gentleman. No need to thank me.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Ms. Gunsmith: [walking alongside Sarah] Sniper rifles? Hmm. We carry a good number of those. What qualities do you favor most in a rifle? Calibre? Accuracy? Speed of assembly and disassembly?

Maria Narbon: [right behind Lexus, still in scary costume. whispers in his ear] Boo.

Tyler: [@Jess] 'IF' is into creating music? That sounds interesting... what kinds of music does, uh, s/he(?) create?

Jane: Hang on, I'll make muffins to go with the lemonade! [zips off somewhere again] I hope I won't be late for my intern job. [shrugs] Ah well, I can just bring them some muffins if that happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm 

Sarah: Hmmm, I'd say accuracy's the most important. Doesn't matter how good a weapon it if it doesn't hit. After that, ease of assembly.

Lexus: AUGH! *jumpsamile* Oh, hhi!

------

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am 

Jennifer: *sipping her lemonade* The minionization theory is such bunk. Even if it's true, it's based on incredibly flawed leaps from only tangentially-related data, just like that random guy who is apparently hanging out with us now pointed out. And someone who's genetically identical to Claire but grew up in a normal environment? Hmm...

Rose: ...where the $#@&% am I, how the $#@&% did I get here, and how in the $&@% do I %$&# get home.

Jennifer: Nope, can't think of anyone who suits that description.

Laitu: *wearing her NEW OVERALLS* I'm a MINION!

Neal: Why are there negaverse people here. Someone make them go away.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm 

PESTERLOG
ReverberatingRevelations [RR] began pestering GratuitousGadgets [GG]
RR: Gina, did you convert the vacuum cleaner into a black hole generator?
GG: Yep! ^^
RR: Gina, WHY did you convert the vacuum cleaner into a black hole generator?
GG: It's silent now! :D
RR: ...
GG: PrimDad said I could modify the appliances so long as they still kept their original function. It's a vacuum. It vacuums.
RR: Mom and Dad are gonna kill us!
GG: Not if the singularity gets us first.
RR: I'm calling M.
GG: :(
ReverberatingRevelations [RR] ceased pestering GratuitousGadgets [GG]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 am 

Sarcastic: *Looking over at Jennifer* I'm just doing research for my presentation on Mad and Madlike behavior traits for my Behavioral Psychology class. If you have a better theory than Minionization, by all means share with us.

Ryan: Hey, I'm not random!

Sarcastic: Almost no one knows who you are. Trust me, you're almost safer that way.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am 
Hyperkeeper

Mina: [to Laitu] I am a minion, too. Whose minion are you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:39 pm 

Chromia: P33p p33p p33p! *Smiling at Ariel as she tries out her new tail drivers, p33ping to the first sensible entity she's ever met about how confusing it is that she can't seem to load most of the files in her operating system and telling Ariel about how she thinks she's supposed to destroy a teeny catgirl*

Sarcastic: I don't even get into the first post of the new thread! Arrrrgh! What am I even doing?!?

-Xin Yun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49