Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:26 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Sarcastic: That still doesn't explain the dark tongue of... I mean, it's supposed to drive whoever knows too much about that stuff absolutely insan- *She pauses, looks over at Xerox, and walks away* Nevermind...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm 

Xerox: *snerk* What, it took you that long? Besides, it's not that bad... the Dimensional Specialty Crew has this kid from Dunwitch who's fluent. Nice kid, so long as you don;t mind his... condition.

Andrew: Tentacles?

Xerox: Albinism.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm 

Claire: *whimpers* I want Radiant to go away...

Jennifer: *hugs Claire* Shh... it'll be ok... heck, Primary will probably take care of it for you- he can actually go through the official channels and stuff...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:05 am 

Xerox: You know, he;s not *really* that bad. Kinda a Zen idiot, and a little over-zealous... but usually, he's an upstanding man. I just happen to personally hate his guts.

Andrew: ... ... ... ...

Xerox: Look, if one jerk dosn't stand up for his own kind, then who will? Besides, some people think of *me* teh same way Claire thinks of Radiant.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:34 am 

Claire: ...people think of *you* as someone who would have no problem killing all of their friends and family while they're powerless to stop you?

Jennifer: Tch. You wouldn't be powerless to stop him. *frowns at Claire* Look, you don't have to worry about it *now.* We're out of continuity.

Claire: Going out of continuity is hard.

Jennifer: Oh, for- *drags Claire over to Radiant* Radiant, Claire. Claire, Radiant. Now, he's not going to attack anyone while we're here, ok? Sheesh.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 am 

Radiant: *Giving Claire a look that says he'd LIKE to destroy her, but is currently holding back his actions* Don't think that I will not be coming for your Mistress, little one.

Flux: *Teleporting to balance on top of Radiant's head, while juggling 3 banannas for some reason* Get. Some. Rest. You're no fun when you're this rigid.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 am 

Claire: *whimpers, looking like she's about to cry*

Jennifer: What did I just say about continuity? Will you relax? *looks at Claire and sighs* ...cookie?

Claire: Oh! Thanks! *somewhat distracted by the cookie*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:22 am 

Jess-Okay, since this is just character chat and non canon-
grabs Radiant's tightie whiteies and gives him the mother of all wedgies.
Radiant-ARRGH! DIE!
Jess-smirks, and pulls a humorously large hat down over his head.
What? It's character chat! And he's so pompous, he makes an irrisistible target.
Upon seeing the death in his eyes-Er...all in good fun, right? You're not mad, are you? I...eep! Badebadebadee, that's all, folks!
Attempts to scurry frantically away.
She's lifted by her collar, while her feet humorously continue running.
Jess-Aw, CRAP!

Chic-Hey, lookit all these lovely scraps of titanium yarn! Cool!
(gathers them up in a convienient basket over her arm) A tiskit, a tasket...hey, what is a tasket anyway? Or a tiskit, for that matter?
Jess-(from over her shoulder, as she's being hauled off by Radiant) Isn't that a kind of cracker?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 am 

Claire: *munching on cookie* I guess he can't kill anyone here... That was entertaining...

Jennifer: Now I'm thinking... wasn't there a costume ray at the Halloween party? Am I the only one who wants to see Radiant in a magic girl costume?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:42 am 

Radiant: Hmmph. *Uses his power to turn invisible, while dislodging his underwears. Of course you know, this means war. Be vewwy quiet, I'm hunting Jesses...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 am 

Jess-My god-a funny? From Radiant? It's a sign of the forthcoming apocolypse! And a costume ray, hmm? That do have mind boggling possibilities, don't it? Yo, Prim! Can you whip up a costume ray for me and Claire?
Xerox-That's Claire and I.
Jess-What, you want in on this too? Cool!
Xerox-Arrgh!
Jess-Wait-you're a computer geek/AI creator. I need a different kind of geek! Hey, Chic! Nerd girl!
Chic-*annoyed* That was old in middle school, let alone now. What do you want, already?
Jess-Oh, just a little costume change ray.
Chic-Just? Do you think I can just whip up anything you ask for, on demand?
Jess-Yep. Claire and I want to have fun with Radiant, and-
Chic-Why didn't you say so in the first place? (Busily rummages through her pockets) Now let's see, I take this immersion blender, use some of this nifty titanium wire....where's my pocketknife? Add a wigit here...and...voila! (tosses something that's a cross between a small kitchen appliance and a zap gun to Jess)
Just set it on frappe, and push this button here.
Jess-This button? Oops.
Chic-*glares at Jess, while divesting herself of a mouse costume* Watch where you point that thing! *sniffs* And look out behind you.
Jess-Your keen jaeger senses have detected a foe, eh?
Chic-Hey, anybody with a nose could detect that aftershave! Now, go share the zappy with Claire! I've got work to do!
Chic settles back with a tub of popcorn to watch the fun.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:36 am 

Claire: Oooh, zappy! Make sure that whatever you give him has lots of lace!

Jennifer: What happened to freaking out?

Claire: He's unconscious right now. I don't have to worry about him for *at least* fifteen minutes. And I got a cookie. Lace! And high heels!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

flamma: *walks over to chicgeek looking chibified* um miss chicgeek...may i have some popcorn.

Thaddeus: *looks at the tiny puppy dogish thing walking on its hind legs* Errr. Wha-

Radcliffe: The Prof cain't finish 'is big form yet so 'e gave him this.

Thaddeus: ???

Radcliffe: Yeah, ah' know. -By th' way, how did'ja jus manage to say question mark-question mark-question mark?

Thaddeus: *shrugs* Let's settle down to watch the fight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 pm 

Xerox; Don't you drag me into this!! And actiually, some people think I'm the governments dog who drags innocent Mad Scientists off to go rot in a cage somewhere. That or they expect some freaking James Bond Honorable Knight type guy. Should a seen Dr. Killabooms face the first time I picked the locks on his cuffs. heh.

Andrew: you know, I wondered about that. I mean, doesn't Dr. Killaboom always strip his captives?

Xerox: He left me my sunglasses.

Andrew: You keep lock picks there?

Xerox: If it'll help you sleep at night, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 pm 

Radiant: Now that I've been nearly entirely written out of the rest of the chapter in order to eliminate a long drawn out subplot that doesn't directly correlate with the main plot in any way, I can begin redeeming my character in the eyes of the fans. But first I have to lay unconscious for what amounts to several weeks of time in the real world while my body deals with a large amount of poison. But I wonder... will I ever be anything more than a B-list antagonist in this series?

Lady Drezebel: I doubt it. I've been around longer than you and I haven't even gotten my own side-story yet.

Richard:
I'm not even a C-list character. Wait your turn, Radiant.

Radiant: Nnng...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 pm 

Xerox: We'll see about that. Don;t forget, *some* writers around here have a tendency to want to re-visit characters he's become fond of... remember? I was a one-shot clerk for crying out loud!

Luc: Hush, you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm 

Radcliffe: Hah! We're gettin' a vignette soon aren' we Profes'er?

Professor Andronicus: If the Writer ever get's around to it. And don't boast Mr. Guy, it makes us seem petty.

Radcliffe: mmmff. 'm not petty. we're just awesome.

Professor Andronicus: But it'd be better not to brag about it or they'll want to fight us. Oh-wait.

Radcliffe: Well, why din't ya say so! *eyes glint manically* Yer all just a bunch of bit par's an' we're bad@#% recurring characters.

flamma: we haven't even recurred once yet.

Radcliffe: Expletive!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:44 pm 

Fredric: Please. Moi own negative counterparts gotten more character develkopment, ya pansy Guy. *raspberries*.

Freddy: Cute. Very 'Third Grade', Ai'm sure. Hey, who's the hottie?

Fredric: Shaddup!! Aint'chu mooning after that dumb goody-two shoes 'a yours?

Freddy: Say that again, you two bit mama's-boy cotton tail!

Fredric: You, meaning 'you, th' dumb spoilt kid'. Av' been moonin', meanin' your a gutless coward. Over a dumb goody Two Shoes, meanin'-

Freddy: DIIIE!!!!

*Cue Twin-Fight! Shirts are ripped, fur is ruffled, hair is pulled!*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:56 pm 

Nega-Michael: Umm, actually, I'm not really doing good things anymore... I guess. I feel pretty horrible... *Sniffles*

Michael: *Throws his arms up* Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD! Do the "Greater Good" Mantra 50 times and remind yourself how pissed off you'll make your Tinker when he finds out what you're up to and the feelings of guilt will go away. I promise.

Radiant: Wait, why are you here?

Michael: I'm here to tell you to get off my lawn! I'm the overly arrogant, ostensibly formal one around here! You're stealing my shtick! And more importantly, my screen time! *Turns and walks away, grumbling about how they'd hear from his lawyers, then abruptly turns back* And you're SUPPOSED to be asleep!

Radiant:
Bleck! *Falls back over, unconscious*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 pm 

Nega-Tinker: Actually, I'm just going to be very disappointed in you. It was so refreshing to have a truly honorable opponent, and I do consider you familly.

Andrew: And...?

Nega-Tinker: ...and I'll probably hate you for being the cause of my Son's melancholy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:12 pm 

Claire: *watching Fredric and Freddy* Why don't I ever get to brawl with my mirror like that?

Rose: *pointing a gun at Claire's head* Because it's easier if I just shoot you.

*Crack*
*CLANG*

*Rose falls to the floor, unconscious*

Claire: *examining a bullet hole in near the bottom of her coat* See? This is ridiculous.

Jennifer: And the fact that we've had to rescue you from her at least 8 times so far?

nJennifer: You're lucky. We're at at least 15.

Claire: Shut up! I beat Rose all the time!

Jennifer: Wait, how many times have we rescued Rose from Claire?

nJennifer: We're at 18, so you're probably at around 6. They're pretty even.

Claire: ... *grumbles* No-good dimensional alternates who can't brawl... I never get to have any fun...

nJennifer: You know, you could just attack-

Jennifer: Do I mess with your family?

nJennifer: Yes. *smirks* What, don't you approve of Claire and-

Jennifer: SPEAKING of your family, are you guys ever going to do anything?

nJennifer: *smirking more broadly* Eh. We can't set nMichael on fire, which limits our options to... well, to everything that isn't setting him on fire. Maybe we'll just kidnap him at some point. *to nMichael* Are you good at scrabble? *back to Jennifer* And who are you guys to talk? You've been plotting for months.

Jennifer: Hey, we're at least trying to work in with the story. You guys are just lazy.

Claire: Wait, what was nJennifer talking-

Jennifer: *quickly distracts Claire with another cookie* Pity this won't work in the main game...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:18 pm 

Nega-Michael: Gaah! Disappointment! My one weakness!

Michael: Oh great. Now I'm going to have to deal with him for another month or so just to get him to stop feeling horrible. Thanks a LOT. And for you, nJennifer: I'm fairly good at Scrabble, so it stands to reason he'd be too.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:53 am 

Radcliffe: *trying his best to ignore the twin-fight* Unless Scr'bble apt'tude is one of the f'ctors that are negative. Oh I'll settle th's-Nega-Radcliffe! Nega-Radcliffe.

Roger: It's Roger thank you.

Radcliffe: Okay then Roger, 're ya good at Scr'bble.

Roger: Yes.

Radcliffe: Ah-ha then it i'-

Roger: But that is because the Guy family doesn't exist in the my universe...

Thaddeus: Nega-Ichor wasn't mutated and so there was never any reason for the Guy family then, was there?

The Writer: You've got it. Thanks for doing exposition.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:27 am 

nJennifer: Hmm... I guess we'll just have to kidnap him and find out. I'm still a bit thrown by the part where we don't set him on fire, but I guess we can work around that.

Claire: *looks at Radcliffe, then Roger, then back at Radcliffe* Now I have to kill two of you?

Jennifer: *sneaks up on Claire and clips the bracelet to her wrist. Claire falls asleep* Not appropriate.

nJennifer: You know she's practically an adult right now, right? It was in the main game.

Jennifer: Yeah, but there's still the whole thing with Fredric, and- and- You know what? This is getting too much like a soap opera. Hand me that flamethrower.

nJennifer: *shoves the unconscious Claire and Rose into a corner, then hands Jennifer a flamethrower* I stole Claire's cotton-candy gun. Just don't mix the two- I don't like the way burned sugar smells.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:04 pm 

*Freddy and Frecric crawl out of the pit their fighting made, dusty and bruised.*
Fredddy: .... truce?

Fredric: yeah, alright. Oi really liked that shirt, yanno.

Freddy: pfft. Ya knocked mah hairband off! And don't smirk at me- ai just liak mah hair long!

Fredric: Sure, sure. Huh. ...Roger?

Freddy: Ch. Big jerkface.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:56 pm 

Roger: No-no. Don't pay attention to me. I'm only here to prove a point. I don't even want into this insane continuity.

Radcliffe: I 'gree wit 'im. He's not the right sort fer this game.

Roger: Right. Once you take out the family background our characters become marginal.

Anthony: Except me.

Radcliffe: So shoul' I lay down cover fire so ya can escape the plot unsc'thed.

Roger: It would be best. *leaves*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:58 pm 

Claire wrote:
Jennifer: Yeah, but there's still the whole thing with Fredric, and- and- You know what? This is getting too much like a soap opera. Hand me that flamethrower.

David: If it makes you feel any better, I have a bit of foresight at what's going to happen in the interlude chapter between "Dangerous Minds" And "Energy And Potential" and I can at least guarentee that whatever happens to me isn't going to be soap operaish at all. You're welcome to join if you like! It involves building a mechanical cooking device and a group of angry Daves.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:42 pm 

Jennifer: *roasting a bright green marshmallow over one of many, many things on fire* Bah. I don't think I'm going to show up for a while now unless something happens to get our whole family together. *thinking* Well, unless David actually ends up on trial in France, but I think we all know by now that that's not happening.

nJennifer: *roasting a hot dog* Psh. Count yourself lucky. I don't think I'm ever going to show up.

Jennifer: To be fair, you don't have that much of a personality. *eating the marshmallow* I blame the writer for deciding to make about three times as many characters as necessary.

nJennifer: First, we're both 'unnecessary' characters. Second, I do to have a personality. And it's a nicer one than yours. Oh, hang on. *flings a dagger handle-first at Rose, who is starting to stir. It knocks her out again* This is nice. Why don't we keep those two unconscious all the time? *starts to eat her hot dog*

Jennifer: Some of us get bored. *starts roasting an orange marshmallow* Hmmm... maybe I can- no, I'm busy at the moment.

nJennifer: Plotting?

Jennifer: And executing said plots. Some of us actually do work instead of goofing off all the time.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm 

Jingleheimer-Schmitz wrote:
"Most of the salvage," he sits up, "winds up in old boxes with odd labels." The box labelled "Not A Robot Maid (Really!)" wheels back to the other boxes under the table. And its really not a robot maid. *HE* is a janitor.

Janitor: Hmph. Robot janitors deserve to be junked. Humans may be inefficient, but there's a charm present in their tidying capabilities!

Dr. Gluon: Yeah! And there's the added bonus of being able to experiment on the ones you can lure in!

Janitor: ...We don't talk about that.

Dr. Gluon: Oh, come on. You said it yourself! Humans are inefficient, and hiring one costs money. And then you've got robots, which can be reassembled, and reprogrammed, and you can make them sound like anyone you want. Frak, the only reason you would ever need a human cleaning lady around would be for experimentation... amputation... you know, the good stuff.

Janitor: Well, I hope you're first against the wall when the robot revolution comes. *sulks off*

(Dr. Gluon: Hey, did you just make a Hitchhiker's Guide reference?! That's my shtick, I'll have you know!)

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:53 pm 

Xerox: *holding a list* Hmm... the originator of Goatse... Micro-Drone... The Guy Who destroyed Sega... Sorry Dr. Gluon, but if you *are* on the list of People Up Against The Wall When The Robot Revolution Comes, you diddn't even make page five.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next