Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Fredric: Fer starters, I think oi c'n hit Joe Quesadas house from here. I promised t' get my boss a birthday gift.

Xerox: Aww, you shouldn't have.

Fredric: Huh. Twofer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm 

Claire: Fun! *loads the trebuchet* And afterward, maybe you could use it to take someone's castle? It's a lot easier to do experiments if you have your lab in a nice castle on a cliff... preferably with lots of lightning rods...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm 

Fredric: We could visit Gramma. Or there's Great Grandpas vacation Castle- Igor looks after the place, and he;d like the company.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm 

Claire: But you have a trebuchet and 'splody stuff! You should conquer your own castle. Although now I want to see Dr. Viktor's castle...

Jennifer: You know if you run into Dr. Viktor and he recognizes you, you'll be in trouble, right?

Claire: But I didn't do anything! I just met him the one time... with... oops.

Jennifer: This is ridiculous. I thought the writer was trying to cut down on the foreshadowing.

Claire: It's not *that* bad... I was planning on telling Fredric about it after we wake everyone up...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:18 pm 

Dr. Viktor: What was that?

Fredric: Yew 'eard nothin'.

Xerox: *raises up the newspaper* Jennifer...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Xerox: ...does that make Fredric Nico or Molly? Guy can go toe to to with a grizzly, but he picked up magic nowadays.

Fredric: I am *not* having this debate again, dammit. Oi 'ad to break up a brawl in th' game store...*cranks up the Pen Trebuchet*. Claire! Got it up!

Sayasuke: I remember that... I beleive they upgraded your job title to 'Nerd Herder'.

Michael:
While Frederic would make for a passable Molly, (A Nico would have to be a bit more filled with Teen Angst than Frederic is) The fact that he's working for you automatically pushes him into the ranks of Excelsior. He gets to be Lightspeed. *Smug smirk*

Sarcastic: Ouch... that's pretty harsh. And a bit innaccurate, given his powers.

Michael:
I might have considered him for the role of Darkhawk, but again, he's really not angsty enough to qualify for it. Sorry, Frederic, but you just don't complain about things nearly enough.

David: I still have no idea what you guys are talking about!

Sarcastic: Shush, Boss. Anyways, who WOULD be Nico, then?

Michael: Based on our motley crew of regulars? I'd say that the closest we have for that role would be Jane Narbon, for the reason that SiB would have been a perfect Alex Wilder. He fits all the criteria: He's a genius, he distanced himself emotionally from the rest of the group, he had a huge and elaborate evil plan, and fancied a girl who later helped kill him, and he's currently dead. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any magical powers to speak of, so she's out. Claire would make an excellent Molly if we de-aged her a few years, and Radcliffe's almost perfect for the role of Chase. I'm actually a pretty poor fit for Gert, (Although Desius might fit a bit better with his snarky personality) so I'd recast myself as Victor because we both had robots for "fathers" and we both have awesome abilities to control electricity, as well as having memories of events that didn't actually happen to us.

David: You don't have the ability to contro-

Michael: *Lifts an arm at David, zapping him with a low-amp bolt of lightning* Mad Science means almost never having to say "I can't actually do that." ANYWAYS... I'm thinking that Thaddeus would made a passable Xavin as well. Think about it: he's a shapeshifter, he's been in space before, and he's spent periods of time as a woman. It's not a perfect fit but it works.

Sarcastic: Wait. That makes me Karolina. I'm not comfortable with that.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm 

Jennifer: *cowers* I'll behave! I'll be quiet! I'll just sit over here and build a giant death ray without bothering anyone... I can create an army of mind-controlled zombies, but someone smacks me with a newspaper and I'm a little kid again...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 pm 

Xerox: Blame pavilov, kiddo. I know you mean well, but... your familly is crazy, and you seem to confuse passive-aggressive-aggressive smothering for affection.

Fredric: ... wotever, You c'n 'ave your damn Runaways. * stalks up to Micheal* But I'm Already resisting th' urge to smack you around f'r toyin' with my freindship, so stop bullyin' David!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm 

Michael: *Holds his hands up defensively* Kidding, kidding. It's not canon, I just did it to be funny. And I don't really think of you as Julia Powers, ok? Calm down.

David: *Sitting up* Eh, it didn't actually hurt that much, don't worry about it. Besides, I'll have the last laugh... Michael's not scheduled to reappear in the main game for at least another chapter!

Michael:
Grr... you win this round, Uncle... but only this round...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm 

Fredric: eh, to be honest I just want an excuse to attack you a little. Thereaputical brawlin' yanno?

Andrew: I don;t know where he learned it.

Xerox: *whistles innocently*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Michael wrote:
...for the reason that SiB would have been a perfect Alex Wilder. He fits all the criteria: He's a genius, he distanced himself emotionally from the rest of the group, he had a huge and elaborate evil plan, and fancied a girl who later helped kill him, and he's currently dead.

Ah, but unlike poor Alex, maybe, just maybe, SoItBegins could somehow get a second chance...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:52 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Fredric: eh, to be honest I just want an excuse to attack you a little. Thereaputical brawlin' yanno?

Andrew: I don;t know where he learned it.

Xerox: *whistles innocently*

Michael:
*With a sinister grin on his face* Oh I'll give you a reason for theraputic roughhousing... *Holding out his hand, he lightly shocked Frederic, just enough to make all his hair stand stiff and rigid, and static charging him rather badly*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Writer: Does anyone else find it interesting that whenever Zobot does his series parallel thing Thad always is a girl.

Thaddeus: I've only spent about a year as a girl. Come on.

Future Adelaide: Don't worry that number'll get a bit bigger and it won't be as reaching.

Thaddeus: What? My female alter ego is Adelle.

Future Adelaide: Oh really. That's what you think.

Writer: You be quiet he hasn't even done the evil bit yet.

flamma: ha! now I can come right?

Writer: *sigh* Yes. And suddenly my character roster is getting a little full.

flamma: woo hoo! just you wait until summer vacation. we get to come and visit. i destroy the town while radcliffe destroys the hopes of many a shipper. it's going to be awesome :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 am 

That Guy wrote:
Writer: Does anyone else find it interesting that whenever Zobot does his series parallel thing Thad always is a girl.

The Writer: Really? I thought it was just this one... Huh... well, I have bad short term memory, so I suppose I could be forgetting something. Anyways, I really only picked Thaddeus for the role of Xavin because he's the closest thing we have to a superpowerful shapeshifter in the game.

Michael: Aside from Jess, of course, but if Jess was Xavin, then that'd pretty much imply that Chic was Karolina, and that wouldn't work out well because Chic's affiliated with M, and one of the things about the Runaways is that they don't trust government organizations that would like to see them wind up in Child Services. Even if M didn't do that, they're still too much like "The Man" for most of the group to stomach.

That Guy wrote:
flamma: woo hoo! just you wait until summer vacation. we get to come and visit. i destroy the town while radcliffe destroys the hopes of many a shipper. it's going to be awesome :D

Lady Drezebel: *Crosses her arms, in a bit of a huff* If I am going to have to redraw any of my fanart to be more appropriate to continuity, I am going to be MOST upset.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 pm 

Claire: Wait, how come flamma gets to destroy the town?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:26 pm 

flamma: *looks at Claire and cocks his head* you seem to be sufficiently destructive. you may help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:56 pm 

Janitor: Start-! Posting-! Again-! You-! Twit-! *stops hitting Writer over the head with a broom* Huh. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of useful information. ...Ah well, can't be that important.

Writer: *blearily* My name is Walks-Between-Vertices, I killed your Vader, prepare to fry...

Dr. Gluon: Look, Janitor! Cookies!

Janitor: Oooh! I don't think I've eaten for months! *starts stuffing her face with Jane and Maria's cookies*

Dr. Gluon: Heh. Too easy. *helps up Writer* You will thank me by making me your main character in this little enterprise.

Writer: My thoughts! They're orangey salad!

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm 

Michael: *Looks up at the Main Game thread* So that's your reaction to the big Hero's Quest secret, huh?

David: ...Yeah.

Michael: You know, I was really expecting more tears... or disillusionment. Or SOME sort of melodramatic overreaction or something.

David: ...Just let it drop, ok? I kinda wanna be alone right now.

Michael:
Ah, I see... internalizing it. *Smirks* REAL healthy of you.

David:
No. I'm not. I just don't see the point in getting hurt about something that happened before we even got close!

Michael: Uh huh... and denial is a riv-

*A few seconds later, there's a bright flash of light as Michael is pushed out of the room by a large wave of force projected by David's new Wallycaine-model robotic arm*

David:
I said I wanted to be alone for a bit.

Michael:
*Outside, he stands up and brushes his hair out of his eyes* Huh. I didn't even know he could do that.

Sarcastic: *Walking up to David* Oh geeze Boss... I'm sorry... I didn't know that... WAAAAAA!

*Michael has just gotten his hair back the way he likes it when a flying Sarcastic, pushed by another wave of force, sends her flying out of the room crashing into Michael*

Elleb:
<Aww...poor human... let me hug you and make it-Eeeeee!

*Elleb goes flying out of the room in a similar fashion, streaking over the heads of Sarcastic and Michael, brushing up against one of Frederic's ear, and eventually landing in someone's cup of tea.*

Michael: All things considered I suppose he's taking it rather well...

The Writer:
Just a note... this isn't an indication of how David's reacting in the main game... I have no intention of making the current storyline dead with drama and romantic angst. I just thought this would be funny to wri- AAAAAUGH!

*The Writer is flung out of the room by a 4th wave of force, crashing onto Sarcastic and Michael as they had just managed to stand back up again*

David: ALONE!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Ariel: (in a different room from David) Ahh... soon indeed I'll be rebodied. Now I just need somewhere to stay...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:23 pm 

Andrew: *in a different room, curled up in a corner* I'm... I'm just going to be... here... for a while... until the earth swallows me up....

Luc: .... sadly, this *is* how he would react. But luckily he's in (another) coma right now, so he can't. It's like his version of a Blue Screen Error.

Sayasuke: I wasn;t joking, you know. *holds up a 2x4*

Luc: ... woah. Aren't you Andrews, you know... loyal servant?

Sayasuke: *Demon* servant. You get what you pay for.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 pm 

Claire: EEEEE! Zappy! *pokes Jennifer*

*ZZZZt*

Jennifer: Ow! Stop it!

*ZZZZt*
*ZZZZt*
*ZZZZt*

Jennifer: And you wondered why I always told on you when you zapped yourself...

*ZZZZt*

Jennifer: Ow! As soon as I figure out how, I'm insulating you from everything else...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:51 pm 

Fredric: ... *twitch* Woooooooh... that.... that was a *rush*.

Xerox: Ladies and gentlemen, you now know *almost* everything you need to know about Claire. Hey, sweetie- remind me and I'll take you to get your ears pierced, okay? We should spend a day together soon, anyways.

Calypso: I'll alert de firemen now, why don't I?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 pm 

Luc: By the way, is it just me or do harp and Wickett seem kinda like they escaped from some anime? I mean, I know the whole cast can get that vibe... but the 'tacturn engineer' and the 'creepy cheerfull/scary doctor' characters seem especially so...

Harp: I'm not that scary... well, maybe it depends on who I'm talking to.

Agent Ichor: Ahhhh! scary scalpel man! *hides*

Harp:... it was only *once*.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 pm 

Jennifer: *reads the main game, and whistles* This is going to be interesting... *pokes Claire* Look at that. What do you think of that?

Claire: I've already said. It's a completely different. Wait, how did you-

Jennifer: *grins and pulls out a sheaf of paper* We're out of continuity. I have access to your backstory. *flips through it* I can't believe you had a boyfriend. That's ridiculous.

Claire: Jennnifeeeer!

Jennifer: Oh, like you were going to be able to keep it a secret. No, I mean it's funny that he thinks that. Don't you think so?

Claire: ...I'm going back to launching explosives.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:37 pm 

Michael: You know, Jennifer's right. *He grins evilly* We ARE out of continuity, aren't we? For that matter, you and I have a score to settle, little miss Jennifer. *He withdrew a raygun from his pocket and zapped Jennifer with it.* There... that's payback for that bubble thing of yours... for your next five posts you'll have to speak and move in slow motion!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:25 pm 

Jennifer: *blinks, slowly* Thisssss issss juuuussst irrritating... alllll I did waaaas traaaap yooouuu innnn aaa bubbllllle foorrr a fewww minnnutesss...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:06 pm 

Xerox: Eh, if he;s really anything like Zobot was, he holds a grudge. Besides, if you hadn't messed with him, I wouldn't have payed any attention to him.

Fredric: speaking of.... *launches at Micheal* Yeahh! attack!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:19 pm 

Michael: *Eyes wide* Aw, crap... looks like it's time to fake my death again... *Frederic crashes into Michael and a cartoonish dust cloud forms as they fight*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:28 pm 

Jennifer: *slowly munches on popcorn* Juuuuusssst lllliiiiike hoooome....

Claire: *steals some popcorn* What, did Edgar give someone rabbit ears?

Jennifer: Nnnnooot yyyyet... I mmmmeannnt thaaaat it's haaaaard to ffffiiiiinnnd a goooood fiiiight to waaaatch mmmooost placesss...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm 

Fredric: *with Micheal in a headlock* See, now we're bonding!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next