Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:42 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Sarcastic: That's horrible! I mean, I'm hardly one to talk, given that I stole Xerox's wallet while he's been comatose and no one was looking, but how could you do that to someone from your own family?

David: Sarc... I realize I'm not the best example of a Mad, given my circumstances, but Mad families are sort of...different, ok?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:04 pm 

Jennifer: What do you mean? I just stuffed her into a Pokeball. It's not like I would do anything really mean to her... well, not unless there was a good reason or I felt like it... But it's just uncomfortable, not outright painful or anything...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:20 pm 

Xerox: *takes the pokeball* You aren't fit to be a Poketrainer yet. To train a pokemon, you must have compassion, and understanding. *releases Claire* You have to be able to know what your pokemon is thinking, and learn and train along side them... *stops, looking around* Um, I mean... aw, who am I kidding.
*puts on a red baseball cap, humming the theme song*

Andrew: And besides, if *anyone* is close to being a Saiyan... *coughs slightly*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:52 pm 

Claire: *yawns and stretches* Thanks, Prim. It's not so bad now that it's warm, though- I can nap in there... *blinks sleepily* How'd you get Jennifer to agree to trade me, anyway?

Jennifer: I don't think he views you as a Pokemon- he just took the pokeball and let you out.

Claire: Oh... I didn't know you could do that... but I'm still in the pokedex, right?

Jennifer: Yeah, but we had to list you as electric/fighting because there's no 'explosion' type. And Edgar *was* muttering something about an 'evolved form' but I'm not sure if he ever got anywhere with it.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:19 am 

Xerox: Wait, regardless of who *caugh* her, just who basically *trainer* her, huh? What am I, Nurse Joy here? Wait... dammit, stop infecting me with the crazy!

Fredric: Moi evolution's weird... Oi mean, I started as a Fightin'/Flyin... an now I c'n be Psychic/Flying (Form 2, Humanized), Fighting/Dark(Jager Form), and Normal (Chibi Mode). Sheesh...

Andrew: Hmm... I think I'm straight Psychic/Dark, frankly. But I can learn Fighting type TM's. I wonder- is M sort of like Xerox's Pokemon Storage, then?

Fredric: Yeh... so, loik, Micheal is Mewtwo?

Lemon: I'm a Steel Type now!! Wheeeee!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:20 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Fredric: Yeh... so, loik, Micheal is Mewtwo?

Michael: Oh no. I'm not getting involved in this foolishness. Besides, I'm not psychic until I finish my mail-order course in unlocking the inner powers of one's mind in a few months.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 pm 

Fredric: Nah. I was refferin' to your terrible personality an' general desire f'r your own weird plans.

Andrew: If this is leading up to some sort of David-Meww sort of comparison, I will be very cross with you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:44 pm 

Michael: Flattery will only make you look like a sycophant, Frederic.

Sarcastic: The Boss as Mew? That wouldn't make any sense at all! Khan, use your Tackle Attack on Frederic in retribution!

Khan:
*Looking up at her with a detatched sort of annoyance* DOGS obey commands. *He returns to cleaning his paw*

Sarcastic: Darn it... I knew I should have gotten the Earth Badge from Viridian City!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:29 pm 

Fredric: Yeh... 'es more like Togepi, anyways. Clueless, nice, and every now and then randomly kicks arse. *dodges a thrown can* Alright, alright! I'll stop....

Xerox: Heh. Yeah, you should have, kid. Andrew! Use Confusion!

Andrew Uses Confusion!

Andrew: Khan! WHAT was the purpose in the novel Night Watch of the use of the phrrase 'Ginger Beer Trick', and how does it relate to the differentiation of 'The Beast' and Carcer?

Khan was confused!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:39 pm 

Jennifer: Wait, now that I think about it, am I Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Fighting? Where's my pokedex?

Claire: I think you'd be the same as Mister Tinker...

Jennifer: That's not very original.

Claire: You're just jealous 'cause I'm electric-type. *ZZZt*

Jennifer: I'm also the one with the pokeballs, so behave. *to Xerox* And if you trained her in anything, it was in *not* being a Pokemon...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:47 pm 

Sarcastic: I regret ever starting this Pokemon controversy. We're starting to sound so nerdy even I'M getting sick of it. I'm getting us back on track again. Michael, if I may have your assistance?

Michael:
Certainly. Anything to make the main plot move forward closer to my return. *He turns away and begins tinkering with something, and turns back around, handing Sarcastic what appear to be large question mark symbols.* There. Your own confusion grenades, a la Psychonauts.

Sarcastic:
Much obliged. *She tugs the dot off the end of one and tosses it into Andrew and Xerox, confuzzling them momentarily. Then she and Michael grab both of them and shove them into Mr. Harp's arms.* There. Now YOU plug them back into that machine of yours so we can get back inside their heads and start kicking Manias and taking names.

Khan: *Still confused from the attack* B-but...it's not on the syllabus? I, I thought... but...huh....bwa?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:21 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane: What's the matter, you feeling confused? Here-- I'll come over and kiss it all better.

Khan flees in terror!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 pm 

Andrew flees in Terror!

Harp: Damn. But all teh same, I must remind you both that there's nothing to be done in *here*... although, Miss NPC, I would be *delighted* to study your... condition.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:45 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

((Thaddeus: Hey you! Stay away from my woman scary Doctor Man! Sarcastic: What exactly do you mean 'Your Woman.' *several viewing hours later they ride away on Thad's motorcycle over the sea of Zombies*))

Radcliffe: Hey Cuz. What'cha thinkin' bou. Ya been sittin' there fer like f've minutes cince the las' post.

Thaddeus: Oh...erm...nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 pm 

Harp: *sitting next to a Frued-style couch, with Sarcastic laying on it* Have you considered that your condition is what drives you to both distance yourself from, and yet seek out friends?

Wicket: *sitting next to Thaddeus, playing a DS with 'PokeMads Plutonium Edition* ... just ask her out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 am 

Chibi Thad: You think we haven't tried to get him to. He'll just keep angsting until its too late.
Chibi Thad: Too late for what. For him to give in and-
Chibi Thad: *snaps finger disappearing Evil* As I was saying...
Thaddeus: *getting up and walking away from Chibi and Wicket* Would everyone just stay out.
Chibi Thad: *frowny face* We're on our last wit as it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:11 am 

Sarcastic: *Sitting on the couch* What are you talking about? I have plenty of friends at college. Granted, most of them don't recognize me at first if I change sweaters, but I have plenty of friends. I only really sat down because this couch is remarkably comfy!

Khan:
Oh! Let me feel it! *He leaps at the couch, a large 613 lb. predator landing on top of her and causing the legs of the couch to snap and crash to the ground*

Sarcastic:
*Sounding a bit in pain* GET OFF OF ME YOU SAVAGE! *She shoos Khan off of her* It's just that some of my friends have a tendency to be as strange as I am. And "Clark Kent' Syndrome is actually pretty well-documented. You should be studying my little sister Chaotic Good NPC. She's got what they call "Dee Dee" Syndrome... on second thought, you might not WANT to study her. She's kinda hard on laboratories.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:32 pm 

Harp: Actually, I've found that while Clark Kent syndrome *is* well documented, my focus is on the interesting mental state occasionally brought up- Superman Syndrome, I suppose. But if you want Dee Dee syndrome...

Cutename: Wheee! Lookit that! A button! Hey, I found this! Can I keeep him? *points at Bahamut*

Harp: And here was me thinking you couldn;t *have* DDS and SMRD at once...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm 

Claire: Superman syndrome? Is that where you get sick from the funny green rocks? *holds one up* I have a few... they make good seasoning if you grind them up...

Jennifer: ...are we going to have to add Superman to the list of people your cooking can kill?

Claire: What's wrong with my cooking? I thought you liked it!

Jennifer: Well, it *tastes* good. It just has the unfortunate side effect of being horribly, horribly toxic. And don't get me started on that 'Universal Antidote Antidote' sauce.

Rose: @#$% DDS #*$! lab explosions *!$#@ wall-breaking comments &?^@ interrupting my work %$@# show them all...

Claire: It was just that one time! Well, maybe the other time... and that time... and the one other time... and the time with the goldfish...

Jennifer: You don't even *have* DDS... you just like blowing things up...

nJennifer: Actually, I think Rose was referring to herself- half the time she's the one blowing up her own lab by accident. She just likes to blame Nega-Tinker...

Jennifer: Did either of you ever *watch* that show? She doesn't fit the personality type at all! If anything, she's got some sort of Wile E. Coyote Syndrome...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:51 pm 

The Writer: Holy crap, the Grand Prix is almost over.

David: Yeah, fantastic, isn't it? Soon we'll have successfully completed one side story project!

The Writer: Holy crap, I actually have to decide which person wins!

Sarcastic: *reading a magazine* Yeah, I don't envy you there. I remember seeing you get committed after you had to pick the final four.

The Writer:
HOLY CRAP, after the Grand Prix is over we won't have a side story again! Like before the Halloween party, there'll only be two main threads to post in.

David: Ah... that's not necessarily a bad thing, you know...

The Writer: Nonsense! These side-thingies are fun! What'll we do without them?!?

David:
I dunno...put more effort back into the main game? Or maybe you could finish "Deadly Edly Christmas" or "Mad Sci Wars: In 60 seconds" like you keep telling yourself you should... or get the foreshadowing for the next chapter written like you keep saying you're going to...

The Writer:
Oh pish posh. I'm sure they'll get done eventually. But for now, we should shift our attention to larger and GREATER things!

David:
Unh... but maybe we should finish some of the things we've already started?

The Writer: I say nay! Coming soon: "Mad Sci Wars: The RPG!" Ooo! Or perhaps "Mad Sci Wars: The Video Game!" No, wait! Even better: "Mad Sci Wars: The Musical!" With a special romantic duet between Jane Narbon and the mysteeeeerious holographic image of So It Begins!

Michael: *Walking up from out of the shadows abruptly* I've heard enough to tell when something's a bad idea. Left Arm? Right Arm? Drag him back to the deprogramming vats. *Two robotic arms swoop in, grabbing The Writer and dragging him off into the sky*

The Writer: To quote Tinker: Attica! Attica! *Shakes his fist at the people on the ground.*

Coming soon (Maybe?) The Mad Sci Wars: The RPG?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:08 pm 

Chic-Silly, silly Zobot-we need Mad Science Wars, the movie! And all the theaters will be required to have radiation laded popcorn and radioactive raspberry smoothies at the concession counter! Three dee glasses! And-
Mecha wraps vines around Chic and drags her away-Calm down, let's go home and I'll fix you a nice cup of coffee, okay?
Chic-And...ooh, I know! A mad scientist cookbook! We could-(struggles in vain, as Mecha continues dragging her off screen)
Quoting Tinker and Zobot-Attica! Attica! Hey, it is kind of fun to shout that...At-ti-ca!!!!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 pm 

Jennifer: Cookbook? Get some of Claire's recipes and publish them, will you? We still haven't figured out how she makes the bread...

Claire: I keep telling you, you just need a lot of thermite and the right kind of jam. It's not hard... *thinks for a minute* And what's an arpeejee?

Jennifer: It's like The Sims, except more so.

Claire: Oh... I'm not supposed to play that anymore...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm 

Xerox: Not after your Sims *rebelled* and formed their own digital society, you can;t. Let *alone* the one time you made Dr. Moriarty and let him loose in my damn holo-deck.

Andrew: what about Mad Science Wars the Doujinshi?

Luc: You're basically already *doing* that....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm 

Jennifer: Wait, you *what*?!

Claire: Um... well... you see... um...

Jennifer: Go on. I want to hear the explanation for this.

Claire: Um...I was bored and thought that since Mister Tinker's... you know.. that... *squirms uncomfortably*

Jennifer: *rolls her eyes* Sometimes I can't believe you were ever allowed to leave your house...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm 
Hyperkeeper

I've probably been playing too many video games, but I had an idea for...

MSW Party 64!

Seriously. Think about it. The different characters-- Tinker = Mario, Zobot = Luigi, and so on. Collecting Scrap Parts (in place of Coins), trying to get to SiB to buy Inventions (which take the place of Stars). Just watch out for Bows.. er, I mean Jane Narbon, who just looooves to mess with your head!

And then there's all the minigames... :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 am 

Nega Tinker: Ooh! I get to be Waluigi! Nyeh heh heh heh...

Nega Xerox: Seriously, what is your malfunction? One minute you're, like, possesed by the spirit of Lord Vetinari, he next you're setting up a better foster care system, and then you're doing everything but twirling a mustache and cackling.

Moriarty: I suspect he;s just blowing off steam. After a while, all the masterminding jut wears you down.

Xerox: OUT! Out out out out out!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 am 

The Writer: Mwahahahaha! I have escaped your deprogramming vats! And now I shall begin, on the suggestion of SiB, SUPAH MAD SCIENCIO PRARTY 87-ish!

David: Nooo!

Sarcastic: Quick! Look behind you! A three headed monkey!

The Writer:
*Spins around* Where? Where?

Sarcastic: *As Michael sneaks up behind Writer* Just keep looking... you'll see it if you look hard enough.

The Writer: Ooo! Like one of those Magic Eye images? Cool!

Michael: *Silently raises up a bat with a few nails embedded in it, lifting it over his head*

The Writer: You know, I'm not seeing this mutant monkey.

Michael: *Swiftly starts whacking the Writer in the head until he falls over, unconscious* There. That should prove sufficient. When he wakes up, no one mention a side-story, alright?

Elleb: <Wait, if we only exist in his head, and we gave him a concussion, doesn't that mean we'll cease to exist?>

*All four of David's Primary-ish characters eyes widen as they stare at each other in shock, and then suddenly fade out of existence*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm 

Andrew: Aaaaaand there goes the 5th wall. By the way, I jear these rumors about Jane doing a chapter... and I have to remind everyone that my patience is going to be kind of *thin* towards any sort of 'really clever' plan.

Xerox: Still sore over Fredric gettin' stabbed?

Andrew: A little.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 am 

The Writer: *Sits up* Wait, there's a fifth wall now?

*All David's characters fade back into existence*

David: Oh thank goodness!

The Writer: Oh yeah... the bleeding and unconsciousness. Blah! *Falls back over, unconscious*

David: Noooo! *Everyone fades back out of existence*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:17 pm 

The Writer: *Sits up* Huh... pretty quiet around here all of a sudden.

*All of his characters fade back into existence*

David: YES!

Sarcastic: WE HIT A RESPAWN POINT!

-Xin Yun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next