Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:20 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

=Kenny Banks=

"I wouldn't call the questions silly myself little one. These are life altering and nation shattering questions. They will change the course of history." He cracked a joking smile and chuckled. "Naw, they are silly questions but I like asking them and people like answering them." He continued walking with no real place in mind. "That was what I had in mind anyways. You want to come with?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:32 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-Fredric-

"Whot they were goone- they were *gonna* check yer bloody identity, ya looneh." he rapped his knuckles against Micheal's shoulder- careful controlling the movement to something that, for him, felt no firmer then a faint breeze. To Micheal, there was probably faint bruising. To Fredric, a lot fo the muscle movement was pretty automatic by now- with a slight psychological side effect of causing him to classify most sentient beings as 'delicate'. Which waspart fo the exitment of theOld Country- here, he could cut loose! Brawl! Roughhouse!

And Mama Gitkas... woohoo!

"Cleese? He;s back a' home. I asked Rutheford t take care a himan BBC so that theh-"

"chu?" Fredric blinked, and looked down into his front pocket.

"...Or I suppose a' *Cleese* is home, an BBC teleported inteh m' shirt pocket a; some point...." he said, gently picking up the little blue creature, who excitedly teleported with a cork popping sound over to hug Micheal's hand- with an excitable cry of 'daaadeee!'.

"Eck if I know how 'e does a'... some kinda soft form magik burst inna concentrated tunneled-sphere a' collapses space. R' summat- aven figured outta right technibabble.. But! Mama Gitkas sounds like a plan. M' always ere to talk." he grinned reassuringly at Micheal, ignoring the ferret business. It wasn't a threat on his friends part, just a sort of warning.

BBC had gotten lonely and missed his Papa, so he;d focused on him- and here he was! And Dadee was here too... and scary shouty sounds but he didn't mind those so much anymore. He was learning how to be braves.

-Rad-
He raised a brow, having been listening quietly (with appropriate eyebrow gestures) to the offer. Drezebel might not have been 'big news' as it was, but she was the kind of Troublemaker that other troublemakers admired. He wasn;t exactly in the same class- Rivals weren;t the same as general Pandemonium causers, but if pressed he would easily admit to being a fan of the 'Fanservice Typhoon's techniques.

"Hey, I;d be in it for the favor alone- but you make a hard bargain to refuse~ Besides, it;s been a while since I had a reason to cause a little mischeif in Mechanicsburg. Just hold on a sec, if you please." He reached into a pocket, and slid out a slim, neat little grey book. It was embossed- discreetly, and elegantly, with a single 'V'.

He flipped through it by memory, stopping on a page of dense, thick looking text.
"Let me see... I assume you've done this before a few times... so that counts as a recurring rivalry scenario... theres a transaction, which legally connotes us as being hired... classification of threat level 'high mischief'..." he rattled off, stopping hsi finger next to a single line of code.

"There we go- 'Temporary teamwork in the context of Mischief (semi-codes Regional, Recurring, General Shennaniganry Codes P-). Sorry about that- just have to check to make sure I'm within League set bounds. Non applicable to the Tesla Chair, and on a level of mischief allowable by the HEH." he said smoothly, replacing the slender volume.

"Which is to say, in summary, I am SO in." he grinned, tilting his head right to catch a flair of sunlight from a canine. Not that he needed to impress hsi current company, but it never hurt.

-Xerox-

He raised an eyebrow, looking down at Ariel. He always felt a little responsible for the girl, even though he suspected that she tended to be up to some shadowy business. But, he reminded himself, he was on vacation. Provided she diddn;t gt up to snuff in front of him...

"Sure. We;re probably headed to Mama Gitkas. Where, I might remind you lot, more then friendly roughousing might be frowned upon." he teased dryly, looking around to get his bearings. He knew the city pretty well, even if it looked different under daylight, minus the mobs.

"Lets see... I think if we go down *this*road, and turn here, we'll be at Mama G's... is there any chance one of you could wave a pitchfork? It;d help me get my bearings..."

-A Mysterious Figure-

Wen her beau was turned the other way, a strange man approached Claire...

"Excuse me, Would you like a Shiny thing?" he asked, holding up a sort of glittery ball- accepted, immediately, with a squeal as the man walked away... nodding quietly to himself. So long as hsi accomplice, Random, had done his bit...

Then all he had to do was be at Mama Gitkas at the right... time.

-David Toboz Versus The World-

Andrew Scowled down at his mother, trying and failing to draw himself up to his full height in a dignified manner. That was the trouble with mothers- it was pretty hard to be all impressive around someone who used to keep you from eating sand.

"Now look here, Mama, I won;t let you-"

"It;s not the norm, sweetie. It;s a Risk Family Tradition~ Andrews daddy had to pass it to date me, too. You must best a number- in this case seven- of Andrews relatives in combat- although sneaky wins are allowed. The idea is to ensure you can handle the... *excitement* of a Risk beau. I already set everything up- you just have to be ready when they come for you." she explained, pushign Andrew neatly to the side as she approached David.

"Now, not- of course- that theres any *pressure*, and you will not be... *stopped* from dating him if you fail... but if you were to fail, then i would have to- by tradition- stop you from ever, say... becoming engaged."

"Mother! If you think for ONE minute that I-" Andrew began, before she rounded on him.

"I don;t think, dear, I know. And I know you. You get into trouble, mister, and far too often have you done it all by yourself, far away, and alone. And don;t YOU think I'll let you think I won;t test your fella to see if he;ll help you when you try that nonsense!" she snapped, easily backing Andrew against a street lamp.

"I won;t have it! Fret and whinge all you like, buster." she stepped back, and seemed to soften a little.

"I;m sure he;ll do fine. You and me share types, kiddo. Sweet as sugar, spacy as a meteorite, and tough as unobtanium alloy. Now, you two go and have a nice time, okay~?" she asked, kissing Andrew on the cheek before facing David.

"And as for *you*... well, we'll be seeing each other~" she chirped, before sauntering off.

"....How does she seem so TALL?"ased Andrew, agape.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm 

Chic grins. "Drezabel, I'm in. Heck, I'd been wanting to meet the Heterodyne anyway. Let's have a wacky adventure"

Farnsworth looks at the building in front of him. There is it, Mama Gitka's. He straightens his shoulders, gives his pince-nez a quick polish, and takes a deep breath. And grins. Whistling a bawdy roman drinking song, the jaegerbrarian confidently strides towards the entrance.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:21 pm 

-Michael-

He blinked. A little blue thing was hugging his hand. "...h-huh." He looked down at it. "So you're Cleese's little... brother? Hm, that's impressive. I'd better keep an eye on you, though. Wouldn't want anything to happen to such a cute little guy." He picked up BBC and put him in his pocket. "Do you have a name?" he patted BBC in his pocket as he walked along with Frederic and Jennifer and William and Demothesis to Mama Gitkas. Thinking for a little bit, he turned to Demothesis. "Incidentally, and you're to use your own discretion about this, if I start acting odd-" He considered what he was saying a bit more. "-well, MORE odd-" he thought better about it, and decided to clairify to avoid any accidents going down the road "-beyond a five percent acceptable deviation from my standard range of behaviors, I want you to knock me out. Alright? No questions asked, no blame will be assigned, but also no stopping to question why it needs to be done. If I start to act uncharacteristic of me, I want you to take me out. Got it?"

He looked over at Frederic and Jennifer. "I suppose I should clarify why I'm here. Just after I broke out of containment, I happened to discover that my Island lab had been destroyed. Not just normal-destroyed either, but literally anything usable there had been trashed beyond repair. I have absolutely no idea why. Also, I just figured out the U.N's put a price on my head for some reason. I'm in the middle of transferring my place of residence over to Xyon City, but there's still the matter of settling up a score of vengence upon whoever trashed my lab in the first place. I've built a computer to help find the culprit, it taps into dark matter and utilizes it for calculation and analysis of unconventional issues. This makes it useful for odd things, but also unnecessarily cryptic and mysterious in it's results. A quick scan of the site of the crime and it told me to head to Mechanicsburg and I'd have all my questions answered there. So I'm here and I haven't learned anything yet." He scowled, then looked up.

They'd arrived at Mama Gitkas. Already. "Huh."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Natalie and Brynhildr-

Brynhildr landed on the ground and blinked. "You. YOU!" She snarled angrily and ran at Liam, finding her armor to present some difficulty in that pursuit. "Grr... when I catch up to you!"

It was at this point that Liam felt Natalie shove away from him, causing her body to fall to the ground. She rolled backwards, lifting up a leg and tripping Brynhildr, who landed past her. Natalie scowled. "You're forgetting that a Valkyrie has enhanced endurance, Bryn." She snarled. "Also, yer'a nottas good on ground, are yah?" She shook her head. The alcohol was still in her system, and her head was spinning.

Brynhildr scowled. "Hel! I thought you were unconscious." She pushed herself up off the concrete.

Natalie glared. "Tha term's "stunned"."

Brynhildr scowled. "What does it TAKE to bring you down, you stubborn giant spawned-"

"A volvo thrown at my head." Natalie wiped some blood from her lip. "Hey. Liam... go get that guy outta here. An' thanks..." She cracked a knuckle and narrowed her eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Drezebel-

"Mwhahahaha!" She grinned and nodded to Rad and Chic. "Excellent! And what say ye, Mr. Caine?"

At some point she'd acquired an eyepatch. No one knew why she was talking like a pirate. Possibly best not to ask.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 pm 

-Sir Honor-

Quail stared for a moment, a little caught off gaurd. For one thing, she made it harder to think... both because she was very pretty and seemed to like *him*, and was in the curious position of being a real... friend. More then a friend (he hoped) but *not* a Coworker, or a Enemy... being genuinely social was sort of new. He liked it.

...That, and it took a moment for the idea to slot right into his head. But once it did...

He looked up, and made a thoughtful noise. Thinking of all the different times he; just sort of hit the ground... or wasn;t fast enough.

"...You know what? I think I'd like that. I mean, it;d be pretty cool... and I have a light frame, so I could probably support myself okay, right? And I mean, Coyote is a shape shifter and all... seems like it;d be in the spirit of things." he was grinning, looking... rather enthusiastic, actually.

"Would it have to be like Condor wings for the build, since they;d be so big? Could you choose how they'd look? It;d be kinda cool to have them be all Quailish..."

-M-

One of the interns flicked their gaze up at the camera screens, and quietly reported their findings to the rest of the Hive. Cutenames.... relative? Future Daughter? Well, she was there... and unidentified suited individuals, likely there as assailants. All in all, not untypical for when Xerox wasn;t there.

Instead, he quietly hit a silent alarm, which wired in directly to a few offices... specific offices.

And as Cutename blinked in mild confusion, inside the main area, an intern stepped forward- idly raising an eyebrow.

"Can we help you, sirs?" he asked.

Cutename leaned forward, and calmly extended a small wand- it took a hair sample, scanned her retinas, and checked body language.

"Oh neat~! Whatcha doin here, then? Boy trouble? World calamity? Time space disruption?" she asked, chirping happily.

-Nemo-

Nemo ambled along, before spotting a familiar figure...

"Oh! Dr. Beard? Is that you? Hullo! It;s me- Nemo. From the collage? We met breifly, I think... I haven;t been here in ages, and I'm a little lost. I don;t suppose you'd like a little company...? I was trying to track down my dear friend, but somehow a Jager in tweed is harder to spot then you;d think."

-Fredric-

He nodded a little, one ear twitching in thought.
"Hmm... well, Oi'll helpya out, a course. Dunno why the UN wantsyer for... maybe I can check M;s records onna sly later. And if ya wanna know *anythin* mama gitkas loikly knows who t; ask." he said, patting him (gently, always gently) on the back.

"Oh, and, while we;re here... there wos an accident wi' a fanservice ray, which is what *this* fella was made from outta Cleese. And *His* Name is..." he grinned, and pointed to the little blue blob.

"beee beee seee!" it peeped, peeking out of it;s spot inna pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:39 pm 

-David-

He blinked. "...huh." He looked at Andrew. "So... I guess I have to fight seven of your evil...ish... relatives?" He smiled at Andrew. "So same stuff, different day, huh?" He hugged Andrew. "Well, I guess we'll just worry about that when it happens. So... wanna head to Mama Gitkas? I haven't been there for a while..."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 am 

Wally blinked, before nodding. "Umm, yeah... I think that sounds like fun. Especially since there's even more reason to stalk us now... Normally I'd want to check if it was within HEH guidelines, but I guess you've answered that, eh Rad?" Smiling, he nodded to Rad before turning back to Drezebel. "But... why are you wearing an eyepatch?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:40 am 

-Andrew-

He looked up at David, feeling a familiar flicker of disbelief transitioning to a sort of warm relief. He didn't know why he was surprised, but every time David took something like this in stride... it just sort of made him melt a little. He hugged David back, the last of his ruffled feathers over his mothers sudden challenge settling.

"I think that sounds lovely. Say, you must have met My Great Grandmother while you were there... nice to have a little of the introductions out of the way, then." he said happily, taking Davids hand as they walked down the street.

He had once believed that David made him feel less insane... and these days he knew that wasn;t true. David made him feel *safe*. Because, he felt, even if he had an insane moment... David would still be by his side.

-Rad-
Rad nodded to Wally, waving his hand. He hadn't even noticed Drezebel was

"I think this falls under acceptable levels of tomfoolery for the HEH regulations. Besides- Ironically? The HEH standards for operation and behavior are actually way more relaxed then the LOV.... funny world, innit?" he shrugged, crossing his arms- the thin book was back in it;s place.

"So, step one is just finding the Heterodyne, right? Shouldn't be too hard... After all, its a party. There's a few places he;s guaranteed to be..."

-Like, for Instance:-

Mama Gitkas! Famous tourist spot, historical site, and still purveyors of the finest honey ales and dark beer this side of Valhalla. Once, it had served as the loophole keeping the injured Jagermonsters safe and healthy (ish) until their creators would return. These days, that function was unneeded- and it served it;s more glorious duty of keeping the generally on standby army entertained, and able to blow off steam.

And,of course, it must be mentioned that it was a boon to the community- it was considered a mark of pride to manage to be hired as a waitress there- and some grandmothers still wore their Jagerfrauline attire with fierce pride to fancy events.

Tonight? The joint was not merely *swinging*, but up to a state of mirth that could be defined quantifiable as, indeed, rocking.

Eustace (the Elder Brother Heterodyne), couldn't have been happier. He had just come back from meeting the babies, and was flush with the promise of new life. And, finally, an excuse to make his miniaturized 'Mobile' defense system! He was thinking a soft set of little instrumental tunes, and some little mirrors... maybe some toys after the Muses, or Jagermonsters... and some kind of clockwork soldier relay...

And it must, here, be said, that the universe clearly had a sense of humor. Otherwise, they might not have had the Heir Heterodyne run smack dab into Farnsworth as they both entered the large doors.

"Oof! Oh, sorry my good siiiiirr...?" Eustace stared up from the spot of floor he had been knocked onto, more then a little confused...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 am 

~Jennifer~

Mama Gitka's... this wouldn't be fun. Stupid jaegerkin...

To distract herself, she attempted to build a forceshield using only things she could steal from Michael's pockets.

~Claire~

By the time I bapped the tiger, the light was gone. Aww...

I follow Fredric and Jennifer and people. Ooooh! Mama Gitka's! YAY! I haven't seen Miss Mama Gitka in forever!

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject: Brynhildr became a more plot-relavant character than I expec
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm 

-Michael-

Hm. Mama Gitka's. This would be fun.

To amuse himself on the way, he attempted to build a device to keep Jennifer from picking his pockets using only things he could steal from her pockets.

----------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

"Your great grandmother?" He thought for a moment. "Oh. Mama Gitka? Yeah... I think I've met her... she was... intense." he blinked. "Did you know she has an Axe she named "Dollink"? Or I thought it was something like that."

He smiled and hugged Andrew back. "Anyways, we should get going, huh? Or we might miss the fun."

-Drezebel-

She cackled. "Mwahaha! Why am I wearing an eyepatch?" She paused and pulled out a wanted poster... of herself. "Because there's no greater physical advertisement of one's roguish attributes, and I'm considered one of Mechanicsburg's greatest outlaws! (Although, given the fact that most of their other outlaws are generally used as guinea pigs, I don't think it's too hard.)"

It would have been more impressive except that the wanted poster she was holding had quite obviously been made just a few minutes ago and had been drawn entirely by her own hand.

Also, the reward for bringing her in was apparently a supporting role in her next manga...

She chuckled. "Regardless, we should head to Mama Gitka's! I'll go over my plan there, and we can make changes as we need to. Plus there's no better place to get concept art for jaegers of all sizes and colors."

-Natalie and Brynhildr-

"Rawr!" Natalie lunged forward, she and Brynhildr exchanging blows.

For a long time the two fought, fists against fists, angry words flying back and forth.

It took them both some time to realize that there were now police cars watching them both. Natalie looked up. "Unnnh..."

"Oh my, look at the time, I simply MUST fly..." Brynhildr began to get up to take off... only to realize she couldn't fly. "Err..."

Natalie looked at Brynhildr. "Well, looks like you're landlocked. So whadda we do now?"

"RUN!"

The two began to scramble.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm 

Farnsworth gives a formal nod, and extends a hand, helping the Heterodyne to his feet. "Think nothing of it. As crowded as this establishment is, such mishaps are inevitable, hmm?" Then Farnsworth blinks, as his most recent research project flashes before his eyes. Language, maps, customs, ruler....
Oy vey.
Taking a deep breath, he draws himself up to his full height, and gives a short bow. "Lord Eustace, I believe? My name is Farnsworth. I'm on a brief leave of absense from The Library of Xyon. I'm here to visit my old friend Minerva Dries, nee Viktor."
Farnsworth waits, feigning calm, to see how the Heterodyne will respond. Here he thought the most he'd have to face tonight would be a wild bar of jaegers, finding out he was unoathed. Which would add a bit of delightful spice to the evening.
This, however, is different-he certainly can't get into a brawl with the Heterodyne!
Well, whatever happens, surely they'll allow him a drink first. He can smell the October ale from the doorway!
And speaking of delightful spice...he glances towards the bar. He met Mama Gitka in Xyon, though very briefly. Just long enough for him to look forward to a second meeting....

Penny smiles at Sir Honor. "I'll make them look however you'd like. But, be very very sure first. You'll be stuck with them-it's an addition, not a shapeshift. They'll be awkward to have a lot of times. They'll only fold up so small, you see....But if you think the benefits outweighs the drawbacks, I'll get to work on them. I guarentee that you will be able to fly. And, um....I really hate the idea of you landing in lava again or anything, it's amazing how you recover no matter how you're damaged and all, but...I just hate to see you get hurt needlessly."
Penny starts blushing as she finishes, and takes a quick sip of her now cold cocoa.
"Quail? If you still have the time....I've heard a lot about this...Mama Gitkas? People were talking about it on the train."

Chic grins. Wacky adventure with Drezabel! And Wally, and Rad! And they're going to Mama Gitkas, glee! Everyone in the family has talked so much about that place. And she'll get to meet the Heterodyne! Pants stealing works for an introduction, right?
"Let's go! This has been the best day ever."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:10 pm 

Wally smiles at Rad and Chic. "It has been a good day, hasn't it? Well, it does sound like fun... To Mama Gitka's it is!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:42 pm 

~Laitu~

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" So many fun things! Ooooh- "DaddyDaddyDaddy! It's Mama Gitka's! Can we go to Mama Gitka's? Pleasepleaseplease?"

~Teal~

She blinked sleepily, wiggling in Daddee's pocket and waking up a bit. Eventually, she managed to stick her head out of the pocket and looked up at Daddee. "Peep... peep meep meep..." She was hungry again... she hadn't eaten since before her nap...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 am 

=Kenny Banks=

"How about this, you come along and you can be my assistant. I know of a killer place that should hold lots of stories." With a grin, he strolled for Mama Gitka's

=Other Hawk and Clay=

*Please stand by as we try to locate them again*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:08 pm 

-Mama Gitkas-

Eustace pushed up his glasses, and smiled a little. That was right- Minerva *had* warned him ahead of time, a little. But it was still a bit of a stunner right off the bat. He had grown up as caretaker, little brother, commander, nursemaid, close companion, babysitttee, Lord, Cheif, and, in the privacy of his own mind, servant of the Jagermeister. He knew all of them. ALL of them- by face, and name, if not necessarily their whole back stories and foibles.

But he recovered well, and held out his hand- smiling. He was a little odd, once you looked at him- he was taller then he seemed at first. Something about him felt reigned in... it was most likely he was purposefully using a stance to trick people a little. Either way, it combined well with a general... affability. If you didn't know better, you;d think he was a handyman- from scruffled brown hair to oil stained hands.

"Its my pleasure! Lord Eustace Florian Wulfenbach Heterodyne, Mister Farnsworth. Minerva has told me a little about you, and let me be honored to be the first to welcome you here." he said cheerfully.

Mama Gitka watched from the counter, cracking a little grin. She caught Farnsworths eye and waved her fingers a little, light catching on her array of little glimmery rings she was decked out for the party today, all in sleek maroons and creme white, with thougl filegreed bits of metal to serve as a very *discrete* armor.

Secondary grinned, and nodded- Picking Laitu up and strolling towards Mama Gitkas. He was sure there;d be something for her to drink there. And Andro could meet up with them there easily.

"Sure, pumpkin." he fuzzed her hair gently, walking to the bar. He waved at Farnsworth as they walked in, at ease in the bustle.

Rando looked down as Teal popped out of his pocket, grinning a little. He has figured she;d be hungry- with the equipment in his hotel room he;d put together a pot of vitamin, amino acid, and protean enriched porridge. He gently put her in h hand, and offered her a soft baby spoon of the warm, sweetened porridge.

"Here... open wide~" he cooed, red eyes gently warm as she nommed a little bite. A quick call to his gramma had informed him a little on how to catch spilled bits of porridge, and with any luck she would like it...

He almost forgot to keep an eye on the time...

Almost.

Just as Micheal, jennfier, and Fredric arrived at Mama Gitkas, Claire bounded inside- the shiny device in her pocket interacting with the device hidden in the Heterodynes pocket...

Silent information passed between them. A relay pinged a radio recever set up by Rando on a rooftop. And a figure far, far, far away smiled faintly.

As luck would happen, a table had opened *just* in time to seat the people filtering into Mama Gitkas...

((Author note- all people on their way to Gitkas can consider themselves arriving now, as they feel like it.))

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:24 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Dr. Beard smiled and nodded.

"Right, you found that one volume of the Journal of Malacology. That was very helpful, thank you." She held the bucket up. "Mimic, say hello to Mr. Nemo."

Mimic extended two arms to spread out the webbing between them, making a large canvas on which she could put the word "Hello!" in large, friendly yellow letters. She used a third arm to wave.

"I'd be happy to accompany you. Not knowing the family well, this whole trip is beginning to feel a little awkward, but a little company would make it much less so.

...A Jaeger in tweed? Really? Hmm... well, maybe the thing to do would be to ask other Jaegers?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm 

Farnsworth returns the handshake firmly, but careful not to use too much strength. "An honor. Gaius Scribonious Dentatus-but please, call me Farnsworth. And...I'm most glad to be here." The normally erudite jaeger's mind has blanked out. He can't think of a thing to say.This has gone far easier than he expected. With another nod, he takes his leave of the Heterodyne, and strides boldly to the bar.
He takes Gitka's hand, and bends over it. "Enchanted. You're looking lovely tonight."

Chic is squeeing as they walk through the large doors. They're finally here! Such a packed bar-how will they ever find the Heterodyne, even if he is here? The group makes their way to a table that's just opened up. Hmm, there's her grandmother, but she seems awfully busy.
And then she sees a familiar face inside the door. The guy from the aerodrome!
"Hey, fancy meeting you here! Thanks for the directions earlier, by the way." Chic beams at him. "I hope you don't mind, but can I ask you another question? I hear the Heterodyne is here...do you know what he looks like?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:29 am 

~Claire~

Mama Gitka's! Eeee! It's just like I remember it! Wheeee! Ooooh... and there's Lord Heterodyne! I wave to a few people I recognize- Oh! There's Taras! And Adlabert! This is so much fun!

~Laitu~

She hugged Daddy. Purrrrr... "Oh! DaddyDaddyDaddy! Look! It's Lord Heterodyne!"

~Teal~

She opened her mouth, happily nyamming on the yummy stuff Daddee gave her, occasionally giving a contented peep. Daddee was the best.

~Jennifer~

Hmmm... there was no way she would be using her own spool of wire for construction unless it had been in Michael's pocket... which meant...

Well, she shouldn't really be surprised. But she could, now, activate the force shield. Or she could just grab his hand out of her pocket. That sounded like more fun, so she did. "What are you building?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:42 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane, Jess, Xerox, and Ariel stood outside Mama Gitka's, one of the foremost drinking establishments of Mechanicsburg. All around, Jaegers (and others, brave people) were enjoying themselves, and stirring, getting ready for the nightly bar fight... among other things.
With a nod, Jane pushed both double doors open wide, preparing a showy gesture.

JN walked into the bar. She was wearing a dress all the shades of autumn, brilliant fallen leaves merging into strangely dark sky. The dress's long sleeves faded into primary colors at the wrists. A shaped V-neck hinted at cleavage; a short skirt provided snatches of pale thigh. The dress rippled as she walked, leaf patterns falling across the fabric.
The dress was set off by a simple black belt, with a preserved scorpion in the clear buckle. A hairpin with a maple leaf adorned her head, and her boots had been swapped out for a longer pair, with higher heels and a slightly darker red.

Spotting Chic in the crowd, she waved, yelling "Hi!". The effect was diminished, but not broken.
After a second, she nodded at Xerox and Jess. "Okay, time for your grand entrances," she said.

Last edited by Jane Narbon on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm 

Demothesis

Demothesis followed the group to Mama Gikta's bar quietly. He kept his eyes and other senses open as he strode at an easy confidant gait. He kept his eyes on both the surrounding streets and the group around his employer. It was unlikely that one would make an attempt on his life, but it was part of the job to prevent the unlikely as well as the likely. As he watched Michael and his companions talk and interact he felt a twinge of some unknown emotion. It was not pleasant, but not painful, something like feeling something from an amputated limb though Demothesis would not normally make the analogy. Ever the professional, Demothesis showed no sign of his sudden discomfort, trying to discern the exact cause for the strange feeling.

He was still sorting through the issue slowly but surely as the group entered the bar, and that small distraction is probably what would set off what came next. A jaeger approached the large man while the group was moving to a table. He was drunk, or pretending to be. Demothesis was not sure they were capable of getting drunk, perhaps they simply acted the part for the sake of the freedom it allowed. But in any case he leaned on Demothesis's arm and started prattling on about some children who had apparently been born recently. Responding with the usual calm curtness he always did Demothesis dismissed the jaeger, however his wording probably suffered for the distraction. "I do not care, please cease wasting my time."

The rebuke caught the Jaeger by surprise, in fact the whole bar quickly dropped into a hushed silence. Demothesis did not need a keen sense of hearing or quick wit to know something about what he had said had upset all within hearing and that it was spreading through the room quickly. It took his wit however to recognize that this was not a situation that could be placated with words.

Have you ever hit on a girl, only to have her gorilla of a boyfriend appear between you? Nothing you say can justify what has occurred or pacify him. There is going to be a fight, plain and simple. He doesn't want to kill you but he intends to make a point that you never horn in on his territory again. The glares focused on Demothesis said that this was a similar situation. The Jaegers didn't plan on killing the hench, but they would make it a close thing if they had their way. And knowing that nothing verbal would satisfy them, Demothesis said nothing, simply staring back, coldly, calculating, almost inhuman for lack of emotion.

For all the lack of fear, Demothesis knew he was outmatched in this instance. He could fight very well, better than most jaeger, but they had much more speed, strength, endurance, experience, and durability than he did. He could keep it even for a time, but eventually he would run out of strength and he'd be beaten anyway. Running wasn't an option, they might take out their anger on the others he had been with, including his employer, which would be unacceptable. So with a twitch of his hand to keep the others back he stepped into the circle of jaegers and slowly dropped into an akido stance.

"Very well then."

Liam

"Right, same time and place tomorrow?" Liam yelled over his shoulder at Natalie, not even sure if she had heard him or responded. He ran until he found a hospital, barely winded from the exertion. He strolled home, mind wandering on the night's events and possibilities.

Loki

"I must say, this is new Brynhildr." The god of mischief hung in the air a foot or so over the Valkyrie's head, upside down of course. A grin played across his face as he hovered and kept pace with the two running women, obviously relishing the view of the Valkyrie running and rubbing it in her face. "I never thought I'd see my son actually do anything worthy of his name."

Dr.Causality

"GGRRRRAAAGH!" The mad scientist chargeed at Issac, carefully kicking a stool to the side. The stool hit a table and kocked it over, setting the coffee mug on it flying, which crashed into one of the light fixtures of the Italian restaurant, which fell right in front of Isaac and blocking his sight and reach for a moment as Dr. Causality fled the scene. He's have to reset the Kinestro persona again, and work in some intentional hatred of this Issac Umbra.

Ellie

One of Ellie's robots watched the sentient library and Dr.Beard talk, transmitting the images back to Ellie. "What is this? Some uncultured hussie is tryin' to court mah man?" The AI's holographic image trembled with rage and worry. What if she succeeded? What if she managed to steal her true love away? This was not good. She'd have to eliminate the strange woman with her octopus/chimera...

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Post subject: The Return of Ryan!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm 

-Natalie and Brynhildr, about 30 minutes later-

"Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into." Brynhildr looked out at Natalie from behind bars.

Natalie, in the cell opposite to hers, scowled. "Brynhildr, I'm starting to sober up already, so let me just say one thing before I go back to ignoring you entirely as some sort of hallucination or something: If you try to break out of here using your monstrous strength or anything, I'll make sure Sváfa or Lenneth know about it. They only hauled us in for a Drunk and Disorderly charge, I've gotten about twenty of these things, the worst we'll have to do is spend a night in jail and pay a fine, just sit back and take it."

Brynhildr shifted uncomfortably. "...you wouldn't. Lenneth would kill us both with lectures. You've met her once before, you KNOW what she's like."

Natalie rubbed her aching head. "Keep Loki off my back for a week and we'll keep this a secret between the two of us, ok?" She growled and clutched her head. Jail again. That meant that it was almost inevitable that-"

"Bail's posted, Ms. Altair. Get up and get out."

Natalie Altair stood up, scowled, and walked out of the cell through the open door. Brynhildr, behind her, stammered and expressed indignation about not being let out as well. Natalie wasn't paying attention. She'd had this happen enough times to know who was waiting for her outside.

Ryan Arlson, the man who studied Mad Tech, stood outside, hands in the pockets of his trenchcoat. "Hey." he said, impassively.

She glared. "Hey." Her voice as impassive as his.

"So... out drinking again?"

"Yeah."

"Need a ride home?"

"I'll walk. It's fine. Did you see Sarcastic?"

"I'm... working on it. I brought your hammer for you."

"I don't even want to know. Just make sure she gets home safely, or I'll hurt you."

"Do you need any help tonight?"

"No. Do you?"

"Certainly not."

Natalie started walking past him. "Ass."

Ryan nodded. "Bitch."

Brynhildr blinked. "Wait, WHAT? Hey! Hey you, mortal man! What just happened here? How do you two know each other?"

Ryan turned to look at her. "Hm? Well, we're the worst of friends... or perhaps the best of enemies. It's hard to tell sometimes."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael-

He watched as his henchman got into a fight and sighed, looking over at Frederic and Jennifer. "I know I should PROBABLY get involved, but... I'll wait a bit. See how Demothesis handles himself first before I assist him. Besides, it's good to see the henchmen applying themselves for once, you know?" He turned to Demothesis. "Just so you know, the Henchman's union dropped their paid Death coverage, so I'm not OBLIGATED to pay for your deceased downtime..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm 

-David-

He strode into Mama Gitka's, looking around. "Ha!" He grinned. "Finally! Someplace I remember! This place is right above the old caverns where Jaeger trained me last time I was here."

David had traded out his usual garb for something a bit different: bright brown pants, with a white long sleeve shirt and a blue vest underneath it. Above all of that he had a leather vest outfitted with three pockets on either side, six in total. He looked around. “Wow... this place is so crowded! I guess it's always popular, but tonight it's really full.” He looked around. “We should grab our seats, Andrew... maybe we can meet the Heterodyne tonight!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarcastic-

She'd lost all of her paradox clones. The battle was going south.

She had to keep going. There was an angry Guild of Calamitous Intent behind her, and she was so close to the end.

Sarcastic ran through some closing blast doors.

"Ack... wait... YOU?!?"

-Michael-

"Ooo... interesting." He watched as Demothesis fought. "I didn't know he knew akido... impressive." He took a sip of a mug of tea he'd acquired from somewhere as he stood next to Jennifer.

Or at least, he THOUGHT it was tea. He blinked. "...does anyone else feel really energetic right now?" his leg twitched.

Little did he know that he was being watched...

On the other side of the room, another person watched him... someone... suspiciously familiar.

"So THAT'S him... intriguing. It's time to get started. Soon my plan will be complete. Soon I shall defeat Michael Toboz once and for all!"

-Drezebel and Associates-

"Yaaaar!" She cackled and grinned. "Mama Gitkas! There's no greater hive of scum and villany East of England!" She was feeling awfully piratey.

And then she saw HIM. The Heterodyne. Across the room. She blinked. "What. What. What. Wait, what?" She blinked. "But... I hadn't even... MADE... a plan..." She blinked.

Lady Drezebel's insane mind pierced through a myrid of schemes!

"Guys! Follow my lead..." She grabbed Chic's shoulder. "Quick. You're celebrating the birth of your little siblings, right? The stage is open, see if you can convince Jane to help you get the Heterodyne on stage to sing an impromptu musical number. The jaegers wouldn't be crazy enough to say no to the three of you!" She whirled around to Rad and Wally. "The two of you! I'm going to get into position to pants the Heterodyne while he's distracted with singing and take off running to an escape vehicle I'm going to arrange for. Both of you get ready to run interference and keep the jaegers from pursuit! Everyone! Go go go!" She began to scurry off.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm 

Andrew

He chuckled, raising an eyebrow a little. "You trained in the cavern? Someday I need to hear more about your time here... but I know what you mean. I spent a lot of time in here for a while, when I was younger... Mechanicsburg is where i would go to feel alright again." he explained, leading him to an empty, cosy little table- waving to Adlabert and making a complicated hand signal to order drinks.

"I think we shall... keep your eyes pierced. His Lordship likes to try and blend into crowds- sort of a specialized evolution for royalty, I think. Like Grandfather, only in reverse." he explained, looking around. Something seemed to be... gathering.

"Hmmm.... feels like the air is shifting. something is... close." he murmered, sounding... suspiciously dramatic.

"...dammit. The plot is catching up. Someone find an exploding penguin minion or something."

Fredric
He raised an eyebrow, and dipped a finger into Micheal's mug- sucking the tea off to figure out if he'd been spiked. In retrospect, considering the liquid in question, and the chimeric Lagomrphs over-hyper metabolism... this was a mistake. Immediately, his flipped ear stood upright, and he twitched slightly.

"Yeh, I'm feeling a little gnrph wurble woo..."

Eustace

He smiled a little, adjusting his glasses as Drezebel began to yell- facing Chic in the crowd. "Hmm, the Heterodyne? Seems you could have used a guide book." he beamed, producing one from his sleeve- handing it to her as Drezebel explained her plan, unnoticed by Chics three companions. That was his talent- something hard worked for and cultivated. A way of standing, of moving... something sort of hard to ntice, if you were unused to it.

"As for the man himself... hhmmm, bit of a smaller build. Brown hair, tendency to make little devices. Very pale- all that time spent down in the castle fixing the thing... good sort, I think. Maybe I;m a bit prejudiced... good luck, ey? I think Ill have a drink." he smiled, and vanished into the crowd- heading for the bar.

Rad

Blinked a little, having turned just in time to see Eustace vanish.

"Was that...? Well, never mind. Alright! Positions!"

The Jagers

Demo was not the favorite man in the room, currently- the brawl formed a tight knot as they launched at him, the push of bodies ensuring no escape. Like one paternal-figure hive mind, the more violently inclined had easily gathered.

Demo held his own easily... but even for him, it was a hard brawl. The rage went from chaotic lashings to disciplined melee- and while weapons had not yet been drawn, they might soon. For this was why the Jagers had been feared, let alone their masters... it was madness or bravery or foolishness to fight one, or a small group.

But to take on a squadrons worth? A seemingly endless press of claws... in the wrong hands, or the right hands, these were the waves of fury that could strip kingdoms whole.

It was likely he would have, regardless, made it out more or less intact one way or another. Not *well*, and likely needing hospital time. Demo was a henchmen among hechmen, but still more or less human.

But it just so happened that someone who's life depended on this had figured she would hedge her bets.

"WHEEEEeeEEEEEEEHEEHEEE!"

Cutename launched into the fray like a pink sparkly comet, trailing the impression of golden and pink hair behind her- one of the taverns stout, solid chairs swept up into a tight arc as she layed about her- pressing back to back with Demo just as he was getting overwhelmed.

"Hiya! Mind if I share the brawl~?"

Xerox

He paused, and stared at Jane.

"...When did you have time to even change?" he asked, incredulous at the shift.

"Seriously. You, Dr. Viktor, and Wicket! I turn my back for a moment and you have a new ensemble... is it a trade secret, or what?"

Rando

He finished feeding Teal, and picked her up- contemplating their next move as he gently cleaned her face, took her to a improvised bathroom, and brushed her tiny teeth.

"Hmm... you;re still a little overstimulatable... but maybe the bar still? Dadee needs to do something there..." his red irises thickened as he thought, the movement of his pupil obscured- the 'whites' were black, but the pupils were actually darkest navy blue... a minor quibble, but a creepy effect.

It should, then, be mentioned that there are two navy patches on the back of his coat... which might explain how the hem was able to curl around the handle of one of his bags, and lift it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm 

~Claire~

!!! That's Lord Heterodyne! Eeee! I run over to him!

~Laitu~

She had gotten away from Daddy, and run over to Lord Heterodyne just as he went over to the bar.

~The Kittygirls~

"Lord Heterodyne!"

"Lord Heterodyne! Is there anything we can do for you?"

"Do you need anything?"

"We're here to serve you, Lord Heterodyne!"

~Jennifer~

Hmmm... Lord Heterodyne and Claire and Laitu... perhaps just a slight tweak... it would be good to have the Heterodyne owe her a favor...

She blinked, looking at Michael and Fredric, then sniffled Michael's drink. "...oh, good. Do you two need a padded room or something, or can you handle being thrown out of the bar for tearing half of it apart?" She took a tiny sip of the drink, then put it back on the table. It would be good to build and supervise at the same time.

~Teal~

"Ah! Ah!" Teal waved her little arms after Daddee finished the gentle scrubbings on her fangs. She wanted to stay up! And stay with Daddee! If Daddee was going to a bar, she would go to a bar, too! "Peep!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:50 pm 

Chic nods, as Drezabel is yammering. She's flipping through the guidebook. "Um hm...get Jane, get Heterodyne...umm hmm....and...." She comes to a certain page. And blinks. Then grins.
"Why that sneaky little-"
The brochure has a picture of the Heterodyne. Guess who?
Hmm, and at the moment Claire and Laitu are fawning over him. There's her great grandmother and...is that Farnsworth? Chic blinks again.

Chic goes to the table with Xerox and the others, and grabs Jane. "Hey, all. Don't mind me, just need to steal Jane a mo."
Chic pulls her aside, and whispers Drezabel's plan. "She just wants us to get him on stage-wanna help? I'm going to go ask. You come with me, and bat your eyes or something? Or do you want to just stay back and watch?"

This is going to be sweet.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:22 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked at Chic. "Let's do it!" she whispered back, smirking. "We can always say that it was an eeeeeevil plan, for later."

Arm in arm, she and Chic came at the Heterodyne from both sides, sweeping him up and moving him towards the stage...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm 

~Claire~

! "Miss Narbon! Don't do that!" What's she doing to Lord Heterodyne!? I can't let her hurt him!

I hope she's not super mad at me about defying her... I mean, I don't work for her anymore, but... defiance...

~Laitu~

"Aunt Chic! Please stop!" Her fur poofed out as she wibbled at her aunt. She didn't want to spoil her aunt's fun... but- Lord Heterodyne...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 pm 

Chic stops, and motions for Jane to do the same. "It's all right, Laitu." Her voice is soothing. She smiles at Eustace.
"Lord Heterodyne, I see you've met my niece, Laitu. Laitu, Lord Heterodyne and I met earlier today. He was most helpful."
She turns back to Eustace. "I just thought....well, it'd be fun to get on stage. You know, I've never been here before? I can't believe all the celebration for my baby sisters and brother! Say you'll join us?" She looks up and gives him the Big Brown Eyes (tm). Then leans in closer, and murmurs for his ears only-"besides, you owe me, you turkey." And follows it with a grin at him. She likes this Heterodyne!

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane smiled at Laitu. "Sorry. I got a bit... carried away." Anyways, it wasn't as if she was being deceitful per se, just not mentioning a few catches. Now, she needed something to sing...

Then, the idea hit her. It would be perfect! And kinda fun, too.

"Hey Chic," Jane said. "How about Caramelldansen?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 am 

Demothesis

To anyone marginally knowledgeable in martial arts, Demothesis would look quite impressive in the swirling center of the angry Jaegers. He flowed from stance to stance gracefully for someone of his size, all the hulking muscle making him look ponderous until he actually moved. Each move was carefully paced, taking each opponent at their most vulnerable and flinging them to the side or redirecting attacks into the mass's own ranks, each economical in it's use of strength. To a master though, someone who had spent years and years perfecting martial arts, such as Richard, Demothesis's movements would lack the smooth flow of a true master. In a way they would look like someone who knew intrinsically every aspect of martial arts, but never practiced much.

But on the whole it wasn't important to this crowd, what did was that he was loosing ground, so to speak. Just as he was about to loose what little he had left Cutename had jumped in. Demothesis hardly missed a beat physically, keeping his rhythm and using the brief respite to clear a bit more room around himself and Cutename. However he was trying to work out why Miss Cutename had shown up here, she had been left at M as far as Demothesis knew, and there was no reason he could think of for her to travel all the way to Mechnicsburg. However he couldn't complain any, and he was quite glad for the help, especially considering the source. Cutename knew how to fight, so she was a good tactical ally, but there was something more, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was.

Somewhere in the recesses of Demothesis's mind AD face palmed.

Elizabeth Cutename

A few seconds after Cutename jumped into the fray another pink clad form dropped from the ceiling. With a battle cry of, "No one ever looks up!" She slammed into the upper back of a Jaeger and rode him to the ground, jumping to her feet and looking around with a broad grin. She was dressed in a pink labcoat, woven from ballistic proof fibers, and was wearing a pink biker's helmet and pads, at her mother's request. Shortly she had joined the brawl in full, displaying some talent for martial arts herself as she held her own.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Last edited by Demothesis on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next