Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

It should be mentioned that, despite having no real consequences on anything, it;s somewhat impressive that Commander Xerox had kept a hold of his drink- being the only member of the group to have done so. Not that it was going to help him keep track of what was going on, seeing as how it was a lemonade.

He sipped it all the same, leaning against Jess a little.
"This isn't Oz, either. And thank god for that- I still owe the Raggedy Man a fin." he muttered, falling back on quips to cover confusion. He looked around a bit, taking stock. Off hand, he could spot Andro and Secondary, both helping up Laitu... Andrew was busy muttering darkly as he stood up next to a confused David... there was Jennifer, Claire, Fredric- his henchman, wasshisname- Cutename? He wasn't even going to *ask* how that worked... not yet. Chic, looked like Dr. Beard from the train, Eustace- oh, that was going to be trouble- and a few others he hadn;t spotted yet.

And... someone *else*, too. He quietly lit a cigarette, a spiral of raspberry-smoke curling up into the sky. So much for vacations.

Eustace shook his head, a little shocked. "No... the worst the kareoke machine has ever done was allow Oggy to sing 'My Way'. This, this is new." he said, surprisingly calmly for a man dropped out into a strange space in his knickers.

Rando blinked, suddenly finding himself... somewhere *else*. And with a double handful of peepy duress, which seemed more important right about then. He ducked under the tree, as first Teal and then the little blue thing took turns eeping and 'eeeeeeing', trying to soothe them a little.

"There there... come on... it;s alright... shhh...." he whispered, pulling out one of teals little blankets and wrapping it around both of them. It was a bit cold for tiny peeps there.

Andro blinked at his daughter, helping her up. Bright? It was all shadows and vauge skies... perhapse she was seeing something he wasn't.

"Is that so? Here, take my hand..."

The Jager broke off his little song as he was poked, looking up at Claire, and Chic as she approached. He seemed a little young as far as Jagers went, although it was always a little hard to tell, with blue-teal hair that had a single stripe of dark brown near the bangs. It was a little long now, down to his shoulder- between that, and the ragged state of his uniform, it seemed he might have been there for a little while. Two mis-matched horns curled away from his head, one pale and curled like a rams, and the other black and straight like a antelopes. He blinked for a moment in shock, his eyes mis matched blue and brown... familiarity so.

"....C... Claire?" he asked,before leaping to his feet- sweeping her up into a tight hug.

"Mine Claire! Eetz been- few... seven? Somewvere? Almost 8... but vait, has it been time for hyu? Or...." he stopped, and carefuly set her down- the careful manner in which he did so speaking of someone who;s had to get used to treating people crarefully. He leaned forward and sniffed the air around her, brow furrowing.

"Play-dough, explosives, Mama Gitkas, sun... parties? Hyu isn;t mine claire, then. But you *are* claire... und hy hem so happy to see hyu."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm 

-David-

As whatever happened happened, David and Andrew ended up falling over on top of each other.

...which, admittedly, wasn't an unpleasant sensation, but David had been an adventurer long enough to know when it was important not to get distracted.

He stood up and shook his head, remembering his training back from the Adventurer's Correspondence Course, which had got him started... "Let's see... what was rule one again?"

Rule 1: When thrust into an unknown situation that's not IMMEDIATELY hostile to you, the rule of thumb is "Talk to everyone." At the very least you'll find out a clue. It never hurts to be polite, as well.

He looked around. He recognised most of these people from being at the bar, even if he didn't know them outright. Except... he looked over at the figure in a battered Jager Army uniform, sat on the corner of the cobblestones. He approached the man. "Excuse me, sir. Do you know where... here... is? I'm afraid my friends and I have gotten a bit displaced."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael and his Double-

"Lady Luck" blinked. "Err... did we just teleport? Or was this something else..." "She" stood up and looked around. "Pretty dismal place, wherever it is."

The Other Michael stood up. "Trippy, yo." He scowled. "Kinda reminds me a'home, though."

"Lady Luck" frowned. "Huh, really?"

The Other Michael nodded. "Yeah. Mom's sorta whack, yo. Made growin' up pretty freaky, ya know?"

"Lady Luck" looked away. "...actually, I don't."

The Other Michael frowned. "...yeah, sorry."

Something suddenly occurred to Lady Luck. "Change me back before I shoot you, ok? I need to look for my tiny blue blob thingy."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm 

Chic blinks. A Claire, but not his Claire? Have they fallen into the negaverse or something?
"Okay, who are you? Where is this place? Did you transport us here? What's going on?" She rattles off the questions. Who knows, she may even get answers! Although she suspects the answers won't be ones she wants to hear.
Jess nods at the heterodyne. "Feelin' a bit drafty, Eustace?" She reaches in her pocket and pulls out something small and black and about two inches square. "Emergency pants. 'Course, they're my size, but they'll stretch. Some."
She flashes a quick grin. Can't be formal with someone you've just seen sing 'let the Anvils Ring' in his skivvies. Besides, she has a feeling there won't be time for such niceities as formal address.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 pm 

BBC gave his new friend a quick hug as her daddee tried to calm her down, and teleported over to his Daddee- who for some reason was dressed funny now. But he barely noticed- instead choosing to peep, squeak, and 'Eeeeee' panickedly on his shoulder.

Fredric helped William up, his ears twitching. "Woagh... you feel tha?" he asked, his fur fizzing out slightly. It wasn't *exactly* magic... but it was close enough for cricket, and the whole area was thickly saturated in it. It wasn't just coming up from the ground- it rolled through the air like waves in the ocean...

It felt, to be frank, really *weird*.

....Which was a sentiment shared by Eustace, as he quietly folded the tiny square of black fabric. Frankly, it wouldn't be the worst thing he'd ever had to throw on in liu of his own trousers. Possibly the *tightest*, however. Barring an incident that had involved *corsetry*, though that was a different reigon of restri- wait.

"Wait a... Jagersoldat? Gute Dyn, was machst du hier?" he asked, looking concerned as he hopped up on one foot- pulling the black pants on. To his own surprise, they really were stretchy... a pity it was mostly vertically.

The Jager stared, quietly for a moment, at first David, then Chic, and then Eustace. A freckled nose wrinkled in confusion fr a moment, before his eyes opened wide. He looked... close to tears- almost shaking a little, before he quietly, reverently, snapped up into a salute.

"This place, as near as hy ken tell, hes no neme. Which eeze a pity! Vot mit it beink all dramatic und such..." he relaxed, and snapped a branch off of the tree- dipping it out, past the darkness' barriers, and then drawing out a lighter from his pocket...

The makeshift torch flared to life like a small star, suddenly throwing the void of darkness into relief. It was not exactly an ocean. If it were an ocean, it would have to be winding up and through the air in something a little more then three or four dimensions. And it rolled slow and solid, curling in and over it's self in strange dark tangles and swirls... and it extended up and over the little island of light, until the sides touched together to leave a glove of space.

The Jager grinned, sharp teeth glinting a little as he shoved the other end of the branch into the dirt- leaving the makeshift torch to glow in odd purples and blacks that cast clear light into the air. He bowed a little gesturing out to the slowly moving mass of probably not at all waters.

"Personaly, I heff taken to calling *dot* De Oceans Uff Time. Und *dis*, hy heff come to call... de Peir. I hed nothink to do mit hyu beink brought here... although, hy hem glad help hes come, all de same." he straightened back up, picking up his little box- and neatly flipping a tall military hat up onto his head- a black glossy Shako. He seemed to have to think a little, before smiling, slightly sadly.

"Und hy... em Engeneer First Class Ravel, uff de Heterodyne Army, temporarily cosigned under de Baron Wulfenbachs forces." he paused, and shrugged.

"Meistens... wartet."

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 pm 

Rolf was frozen into immobility while Claire bounded forward. It couldn't be...He held still while the jaeger spoke, but when he named himself, he bounded forward.
"RAVEL!!!" Rolf grabs him in a fierce hug. "Heff hyu been here all dis time? Oh, Ravel....."
Looks like him, sounds like him, smells like him-it's Ravel, all right. Rolf murmurs, softly enough only Ravel can here-"Boris is still vaiting for hyu."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:32 pm 

I hug Master again. "Hi, Master! I like the name Ravel!" My ears twitch. I didn't know he was with Mister Boris... and why was Rolf whispering so quietly? Huh. I look at the ocean of time.

...ow. Shiny. I rub my eyes. Ack! Weird colors! Eep!

Laitu held Mommy's hand, still rubbing her eyes. "Whenwhere are we, Mommy? I don't recognize the shiny..." She wished she remembered more. It could be so inconvenient...

Teal peeped. The blue Something was gone... awww... She chewed on a bit of green and white striped fabric she'd gotten. At least Dadee was here. She snuggled his hand, keeping her eyes shut, and gave a little yawn. Lots of Happen...

Jennifer flicked pebbles at Fredric's new hench. She hoped the whatever would be over soon, so she could go home... this was irritating.

~Elsewhere~

"Hello?"

"Hey, I talked to Aunt Eliza, and I think Jennifer just went off on Adventuring with Claire and that other Claire."

"...ughhh... that's a pain. I'll look into it."

"Cool. Thanks."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Demothesis

Demothesis was fighting Jaegers, and then in mid leg sweep he was someplace else. His head whipped around as he took stock of the situation, automatically jumping to the side. He'd rather not be standing in the same spot he arrived if this was an attempt to kill him. His hand went into his jacket and emerged with his hand cannon, a Desert Eagle. It took him a moment to decide there was no immediate threat to his life, as he looked around at the others who had arrived. He couldn't see any correlation between them all so it would seem, for the moment, that this was a random event. He recognized everyone except the strange Jaeger, even Michael as Lady Luck, despite there being no logical way for him to know that. Striding over to his employer and the lookalike he loomed over the other Michael and kept his eyes open and observing everything he could. "Michael, Other Michael." He greeted simply.

William

William felt the "tug" on his boss's aura and his usual carefree smile disappeared for an instant. Nonononono! someone or something yanking his boss out of space and time? Not if he could help it. He snagged the tail end of Fredrick's aura, trying to anchor it in the present, but whatever had pulled on it was tronger than William, and Willian didn't have much to anchor himself with so he ended up going with Fredrick instead. Arriving in the strange place, he reacted in much the same way as Demo had. A quick duck and roll to the side, a scroll appearing in his hand as he let his senses explore the space... well that was what he was going to do, but Fredrick was already there offering a hand, so he took it. "Yeah, that was certainly unique." He held onto the hand a moment longer than necissary before turning his attention back to the strange place. "What a strange place... I can't make sense of anything past the island, even with my other senses." He ignored the pebbles. Jennifer would get bored with it eventually and go bother Michael anyways.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:57 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked around. She was... somewhere else, she realized. Then, she heard the remark about 'The Pier'.

"So...." was all she could say, "this is sort of a ... waypoint, then. Like the fabled End of Time I heard about, though I never did get to the bottom of that story.

...have I got that right?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 pm 

-David-

He tilted his head. "Mr. Ravel? I don't think I've heard of you in the Jaeger army... although I'm not really very up-to-date on who is and isn't in the army." He looked around. "The Pier, huh? Kinda gloomy, but it has a bit of a dramatic sense of style to it. I like it!"

He turned around, looking around the whole place. "You mentioned you were glad help had come... is there some way we can help you? I'd be happy to hear what you need help with, and if I can, I'll help!"

It was a good answer, and one that the Adventurer's Correspondence School courses he took would have encouraged: Positive, friendly, and indicative of a willingness to help, but also noncommittal; Adventurers were often thrust into unknown situations, and it was handy not to promise to do something for someone until you had a good idea of exactly you were agreeing to do.

He was glad that most of his friends were here. It was nice to get to adventure with Andrew for once! Although it felt kinda weird to not have Sarcastic be around... he wondered what she was up to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarcastic-

"You?!?"

She gazed up at the figure on the throne. "But... how.. why?"

Lady Drezebel, dressed in a scanty outfit and smirking, stood up and started walking down a flight of stairs towards her. "You should have figured it out by now. This is the Universe of Bad Fan fiction, a formless, shifting place which takes on a nature based on what would irritate and annoy whatever outsiders end up here. This whole adventure of yours has been basically building off of things that lightly annoy you up to an epic climactic struggle against the aspects of fandom you hate the most at the very end. I'm not the real Lady Drezebel, I'm just your iconic greatest hatred."

Sarcastic blinked. "...so apparently I hate fanshippers?"

The Lady Drezebel entity fidgited. "Er... no. Well, this is kinda unusual, but... well, see, typically we select a form based on a character or entity in some book, movie, or comic that you dislike the most. But you don't really HATE much of anything. Even gothic stuff. As it turns out, apparently the strongest negative feelings we could harness stem from your thoughts that someone like this "Richard Toboz" probably deserves a better spouse than someone you see as relentlessly irresponsible, perverted, and flighty.... who just HAPPENS to be associated with fandom in general, although not with any specific genre of it. It's fairly unprecedented."

Sarcastic thought. "I'm not really fond of vampire-y stuff."

The Lady Drezebel entity nodded. "We noted that, but it's not really a STRONG hate. More of a pet peeve than anything. Meanwhile, we saw in your head that when you were younger, you had a bit of a crush on this "Richard Toboz" entity?"

Sarcastic scowled. "Ok, conversation over. Commence beating." And she dived at her adversary...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Speaking of Drezebel...-

The phone in the Toboz Residence rang, causing Richard Toboz to temporally put aside his practice on the art of stopping his heart, in order to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Hiya, hunny!"
"...Drezebel? Where are you?"
"Oh, er, still in Mechanicsburg. About that..."
"What's wrong, my pen?"
"Well, it's not really that big a deal, but yeah: apparently the Heterodyne vanished in the middle of my notorious pants theft, along with a lot of other people that the Jaegers made a big fuss over, and now they think I did it for some odd reason."
"Huh?"
"So yeah... long story short, I'm being held prisoner for a week unless I give them back their Heterodyne, and if I don't at the end of the week they're gonna eat me."
"WHAT?!?"
"Oh, it's not that big a deal, my scalpel! I've got a whole week to think of a way out of this before you'd need to come and rescue me. Besides, all the Jaeger are kinda unsure what to do now, so we've got this pretty mean DDR tournament going on right now! And some really weird (yet fun!) people showed up to compete, too!"
"Dear, am I going to have to fight the entire army of Mechanicsburg to try and rescue you from your own problems?"
"Oh, that's only as a last resort, my scalpel! Anyway, I just called to make sure you and Ann are alright. Are all the flowers watering themselves?"
"Are you sure that's really important right now? Your LIFE is at stake, dear!"

The conversation went on like that for about an hour.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael and Other Michael-

"Lady Luck" looked up at the looming Demo. "Nice fighting, Demo. Incidentally-" "She" waved an arm back at the other Michael. "This is... well, about the closest thing I have to a biological relative. Don't kill him yet, alright? I kinda need him alive right now."

The Other Michael glared at Demo. "Like the foo' 'ave a chance, yo."

"Yeah, we're all impressed by how "Street" you are. Not." "Lady Luck" turned her back to him. "He's not going to try anything right now anyway. We more or less agreed to a temporary truce until we figure out a way to escape... wherever we are. And it's entirely too early for either of us to betray the other." He folded his arms around his current-breasts. "Oh and this is BBC." He pointed at the little blue baby cleese on his shoulder. "BBC is a creation of a creation of mine, and apparently thinks of me as his daddy. He can teleport and right now is a bit freaked out. Please refrain from any unnecessary gunfire right now, because I'm trying to calm him down." "Lady Luck" patted BBC's head and picked him up, putting him in a tiny pocket at his waist. "It's alright, pup. Just stick with me, ok?" He looked back up at Demothesis. "See if you and the Rapping Wonder over here can't piece together some scanning equipiment from the tech he brought along with him and the stuff I had in my pockets. We should take some measurements so we know where and what we're dealing with."

"Lady Luck" groused and walked over to Jennifer. "You'll have to forgive me for a lack of empathy right now, but I'm currently all hopped up on endorphins I don't usually have. Yes, you're stuck on an adventure. With good guys. GET OVER IT. I know it's unpleasent, but you have to realize that it's only gonna get worse and if you fight it, it only gets more sickeningly saccharine. Trust me, at least you aren't going to have to worry about being dragged into "Bonds of friendship" or whatever. Now get up and come over here. The Other Michael, Demo, and I are setting up some long/short range scanning equipment and I could use someone else whose both Mad and actually knows what they're doing right now."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm 

Ravel smiled, and patted Claire on the head. Hopefuly, no one would drad de line.

"Thankshyu, Claire. Is goot to see hyu again." he said, before he was pulled into a Rolf.

Ravel made a very faint choked sort of sound as Rolf hugged him, nodding a little and hugging him back, tightly.

"Hyah. Hy been here... not as long as hy been gone. Time for me... heets only been a few months. A year, at de most." he smiled, despite the fact that he was tearing up. He rubbed at his eyes a little, looking Rolf up and down.

"Hyu look good. You met Claire by now, huh? Goot, goot..." he murmered distractedly, before rolfs hand settled on his shoulder.

"...Do hyu know how long it;s been?" he asked, looking.. concerned. Ravel nodded, quietly.

"Hyah... about 100 years, or so?" he asked, looking up into the strange dark skies.

"...It;s 20XX, Ravel." he said quietly, watching as the blue-haired Jager's expression shifted a little, holding something back a little.

"...dots... about right, hyah? Heh... guess... Guess I missed a lot, huh?" his voice was strained from the effort of holding in his emotions- letting Rolf hug him tightly again.

"Ve get hyu out of here. No more uf dis absent mitout leave nonsense, ya?" he asked, choking up himself.

"...heh. Lotta backed up laundry, hey?"

"Hyu got no idea..."

Fredric nodded, his fur still a little poofed. He looked around as the torch burned lower, leaving most of the odd 'ocean' to dim, slow movement. The rabbit brought out a small square of crystal, which pinged gently and spun a little. He didn't know why so many magical devices went ping... some kind of universal key note.

"I feel it too... it;s not magic, but it;s something powerful." he murmered, taking out a pair of sunglasses- which he passed to Laitu and Claire. "Oy, here girls... thissil- wait. Bright? Loik... shiny?" he asked, curious. He;d heard the phrase used before, in passing, by claire... it seemed oddly specific.

Ravel seemed to have recovered a little, and nodded to Jane.

"De End...? Hy kent say iff dots de case... but hyu got some uff it right. Is a place outside uff, but center uff, time near as hy ken tell." he said, before looking at David.

"...Hyah, hy think so. Hy heff been workink, for time, on a plan... und in all this time, is only vey out hy heff meneged to think of. Would be much easier, mit help."

Meanwhile.... Cutename picked herself up, still a little dizzy. She had tumbled onto the grass, and sat for a moment to go over her bearings- waving happily at Xerox.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 pm 

I put on the sunglasses, and so does Laitu. Laitu tosses a rock into the ocean, out of curiosity. Yay! I can see again! But...

"...what's wrong, Master? 100 years isn't that long... I think..."

!!!

"Does something horrible happen in the future to make you all sad?!" Oh no! I don't even know how to fix that because I never could figure out causality and now Master's gonna be sad and oh no!

I wibble and hug Master tightly. I don't want him to be sad in the future!

Teal was still rubbing her eyes, and had started fussing a bit.

Jennifer rolled her eyes. "Yeah, no thanks. I'll just stay here and hope someone comes and gets me when they figure it out. Fredric hopefully will. You could stay too, and avoid shenanigans."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 pm 

Wally looked up, as everything faded out. At least this time there was a bit of warning... unless this darkness was the stop. As it didn't fade away, or get replaced by something else, it became pretty obvious that this was at least a layover, if nothing else. Looking around, it became obvious that he hadn't been transported alone. That much, at least, was good... Especially since Chic and Rad were here.

Wally eventually walked over to where Rad was lying, offering him a hand up. "So... time travel, I'd guess?" Shrugging, he looked around. "I mean... It's not different enough to be one of the real outliers, and I'm pretty sure I ended up wandering around most of the near ones, so I'd guess we're still in the right dimension, just... not quite the right place or time?" Having pulled Rad to his feet, Wally put an arm around him, and leaned on him slightly. "Still... I've got a feeling it'll work out. We can do it, really..."

Post subject: Showing this side of Michael is long overdue.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:19 am 

-David-

David was quiet he heard Ravel's thoughts. "A plan to get out? I wouldn't be opposed to helping, as long as it wasn't evil..." He thought about what he was saying, and looked over at Jane. "Well, TOO evil, anyway. With Jane involved I don't really think it can escape at least becoming evil flavored..."

It should be noted that David didn't really HATE Jane Narbon, per say. But he'd had too many experiences with her schemes (the whole Martian invasion thing, not to mention the time he was dressed up as a robot to attack her, and the experience in Hero's Quest, and not to MENTION how she'd joined Katharine Risk in fighting the amazing and totally awesome Tinker Twins, etc;) to really willingly let his guard down around her. David put up with Jane for Andrew's sake, but he'd never really buried the hatchet that in his mind the two of them shared.

He nodded and watched as the tearful encounter with Rolf happened. "Um... I'll just... er... leave you two alone, and when you're done, you can tell us all about this plan you have, ok?"

He meandered off, looking around the other people there. He recognized most of them, at least peripherally. He'd seen Cutename around enough to know who she was, and he knew Eustace by reputation, if not face-to-face. But there was one person he hadn't met... or at least, if he had it had been brief enough that he had forgotten...

He approached Dr. Beard and smiled. "Um, I don't remember if I've met you before or not. My name is David Toboz, and I'm... sorta a hero in training, I guess." He looked at Mimic. "Oh, how cute! Is she a creation of yours?"

-The Shade of Zobot-

The Shade of Zobot fumed.

It fumed because this was shaping up to be yet another of the ridiculous "adventures" it had grown to loath. The boy whom it was unfortunately shackled to insisted on going off these things over and over again, and now he seemed to even be trying to form bonds of friendship with the absurd octopus entity.

The Shade of Zobot had been a creature of Solitude for so long, a warped and twisted soul. An entity rapidly shedding any shards of what could be thought of as "Virtue.". Until the division. When Jane Narbon caused the destruction of Zobot's Lab and the boy David first emerged, he had been steading walking the path of "goodness and justice". His soul, as it happened, reflected his new desires.

The black and twisted Shade of Zobot was steadily being REDEEMED, and it didn't enjoy the process one bit. It had no direct control over the body it was shackled with, beyond minor subconscious nudges that were nearly always ignored. And, where it had once physically been reminiscent of a malevolent silhouette of anger and rage, traces of faded blue and white had formed around the edges of it's being, which entirely ruined it's favorite "dark and ominous" effect.

But someday it's body would die, and it would be free to wreak it's revenge upon those that did this to it...

...even if it HAD finally decided not to make Jane Narbon and what was left of So It Begins suffer when it killed them. But not because it was less evil now! Not at all! It just made more... tactile sense... to kill them quick, before they knew what was happening. Trying to be all evilly theatrical and draw out the kill and gloat was what had got it into this mess in the first place. This time, it'd just do a swift, clean kill from a range where they wouldn't even realize it was coming. No need for an elaborate complicated scheme or any sort of outright trickery... it just was good planning, not any lack of desire to see them suffer!

And it *CERTAINLY* hadn't been entertaining thoughts of just forgive and forgetting! Not after what had happened to it! SOMEONE had to pay! No slight pangs of guilt within it's twisted black heart, not at all!

Yup...

The shade of zobot, within the core of David's being, fumed.

Lady Luck looked over at Other Michael, who along with Demothesis, had finished setting up the scanning equipment. She leaned forward and poked Dopple-Michael. "Change me back now or I'll lobotomize you."

The Other Michael scowled. "'d like ta see yew try, man. But I'll hook ya up fer now. Doesn't matter what body you got on when I kill ya later, yanno?" He made some adjustments to his transmogrifier ray, pointed it at Lady Luck, and fired.

Michael looked around and enjoyed his original form. After Wally made his statement, Michael glowered at him. "Haven't you been listening at all?!? This "The Pier" place isa gateway hub of sorts, possibly a dimensional projection of nth space outside the bounds of conventional "time" as we know it! Er, or so the "great" Jane Narbon thinks..."

One quick shot to the head now, while she wasn't looking... Demothesis must have a sidearm of some sort, Michael could just grab it and point and fire now before she had any chance to realize anything, and then-

Michael shook the thought out of his head. "Not now... science is happening!" He took a look at some of the readings they were getting. And an odd smile crossed his face. "Ooo! It's true! This "Pier" doesn't seem to be registering time as passing! Somehow cause and effect are functioning normally, but any clocks I attempt to start have stopped!" He trembled with excitement. "This entire region must have special properties of some sort! If I can study them enough, certainly it might be possible to create a device that can mimic the effects in a real-world scanario!" He cackled. "Mwa ha ha ha! Time itself will stop before me once I'm done! Quick, Demothesis! Get some samples of local soil and of this "Ocean"'s fluids! I'll conduct some spectroscopy experiments and determine the composition of local matter, and of course we have to test all the current standing laws of physics to see which ones, if any, this place violates, and what if Cause and Effect don't operate properly? There's so much to do!" He laughed evilly and set to work, just after grabbing Jennifer. "Come on. I could use a research assistant to document my findings, and you're almost competent at it."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:15 am 

Demothesis

Demothesis said nothing in response to Other Micheal's boast. Although he was confident that he could easily dispose of the mad, it was never good to underestimate a possible foe; and besides if he wanted to believe he could beat Demothesis in a fight but couldn't, why correct him before it was too late. So instead he set about the task of erecting the sensor equipment with the... "street" Micheal. In his usual stoic way, he ignored Other Micheal's constant attempts to seem tough, and simply worked until the sensor array was done.

He glanced over at his employer as he went on about nth space and gateway hubs, noting the sudden tensing of several muscle groups for a second before relaxing. that was a 2.5% deviation from the norm of what he had observed of his employer's actions in the past. Demothesis shouldn't be able to make those sorts of estimations, anyone paying attention... and relatively sane, would see that, but Demothesis missed it for his own reasons and the present company wasn't even aware he was doing it. So, no reason to render his employer unconscious as per previous instruction, but he'd have to watch him to be safe.

However he nodded at the instructions and retrieved a few small vials from his pockets as well as swabs and began gathering the instructed materials. The sand was easy enough, but Demothesis approached the ocean with much more caution. Senses honed over years of work, focused on the ocean as he tested the swab on it, waiting tensed to avoid any kind of reaction to the intrusion by the ocean. for all he knew just touching it would fling him through time in space, or erase his very existance from time, so he was ready to move and try to avoid any ill reaction. Aaaaand... nothing. The swab came away no worse for wear, but none of the ocean came with it.

William

William thought for a moment. "Maybe it's like an elemental force? Not magic, but a powerful force in it's own right? That seems to fit if it's time, that is one of the most powerful forces in existence." He could "look" at the ocean and see it in detail, but it was like looking at computer bianary. It made absolutely no sense to William.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth sat in the cell she was being kept in and stared at the ceiling. She was bored and locked up by Jaegers because she had been in the middle of the fight when all those people disappeared and apparently she was somewhat suspect, coming from the future and all. But in any case, she was bored, and that was what was important. She was working on something using the springs in her mattress...

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 pm 

"Boris?
. . .
"Boris?"

"Ya?"

"Hyu think dot crazy voman heff somethink to do mit it?" Heinrich's voice is hesitant.
Boris sighs. "No."
"Den vhy-"
"Because they locked up everybody dot vas a suspicious person. Somevun saw somethink, und giff them leedle time in cell, leedle vorried, leedle scared, mebbe they think of it. Und so far, every time dey talk about it, a leedle more detail comes out."
"Ya, but nodding important." Heinrich's voice is thoughtful. "Und, no vun is being scared. Bored, yas. Or playing DDR."
Boris grits his teeth, and forbears from going, 'shuddop, Heinrich!'. Stephan smiles, briefly.
They continue walking with Boris, Heinrich uncharacteristically quiet. Boris's eyebrows are drawn, his facial muscles pulled tight, his glower prompting even those that like jaegers to prudently step out of this one's path.
"Boris?"
Stephan sighs. Knew it couldn't last.
"Vot, Heinrich?" Boris's voice is unnaturally calm.
"Dot letter...from Undrew. Looks like it vas dot mystery man ve ken't find. Und, looks like dey heffing some beeg adventure. .. All de pipples fron Xyon, vell, most of dem, De Heterodyne, Rolf...Hy think, nodding ve ken do, Boris."
"Nodding yet. Hy von't accept dot, Heinrich." He bites off the words.
"Hy know." Heinrich sighs himself, as Boris waves them off, heading onward.
Heinrich pulls off his battered top hat, dusts it, and replaces it. He thinks it gives him a Fred Astaire vibe. Stephan never had the heart to tell him it makes him more reminiscent of Harpo than Astaire.
"Brudder, he's vound tighter dan any clockspring in de city. Is too much like how poor Ravel vanished."
Stephan blinks, surprised at his brother's rare flash of perception. "Hy vouldn't mention Ravel now, if Hy vas hyu."
"Hyu think Hy'm stupid? Hy LIKE breathing." Heinrich is affronted. Stephan should know to give him more credit than that! Ah, well. "Hy think he should go poonch somthink."
"He'll hold it together, don' vorry. De Heterodyne...Hy mean, Horace, he'll keep him busy. Come on, Heinrich. Ve gots vork to to."

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 pm 

Fredric nodded, shivering a little. "Kinda gives meh th' creeps... all that time angin over yer ead, yanno?" he said, glancing over at Micheal and... other... Micheal. Well, he was allowed to have his moments... at least someone was having fun.

Ravel hugged claire, and stepped back- fuzzing her hair. "Eets okay, hyah? Hy tell hyu later." he said quietly, before drawing out some small bits of what looked like sticks from his pockets. He screwed them togeher, slowly forming a long, strange sort of fishing pole.

Rad hung on to wally;s arm as he was helped up, still a little dizzy. But he smiled at him, cracking a grin. "Hey, at least we landed on solid ground..." he said, glancing over at Ravel.

"Carefum mit de pokinks. Goot way to lose a hand." he said calmly, as part of the swap slowly crumbled into dust. He strung a silvery cord onto the pole, and tied a little claw of sorts onto the end.

"Hy heff been here... a vhile. Und looking for way bek. Is lucky, if hyu had to come here, dot it is now- time in hyu time is still movink... and is goink faster then is here. Time is fony schtuff like dot." he swung back, the pole flashing out into the air- the odd little claw jingling faintl as he cast out the lure- the silvery material neatly parting the strange 'waters'.

The Jager waited a moment, before the pole yanked forward- and the jager had to strain back just to resist being thrown forward. "First tink- nnngh! Hy managed... vos de pole. Can reach out... into time... und- GRRAGH!- get... objects!" he growled, slamming hsi arms down and to the side- neatly yanking out something silvery- a screwdriver.

He caught it, panting and dropping the pole. "Lets seee... und... hyas! Finaly, a number two flathead. hyu vouldn;t beleif how hard it is to get de right sizink und everytink..." he picked up the machine he had been working on, adjusting a set of screws on the side- walking up to the odd black tree.

"Mit this device, hy beif hy ken get back out to regular times und spaces... but hy don;t heff de power to push past a certain year... orsustain de travel for more den a few minutes. Den, voosh! It yenks me beck here. But... *but*, hy heff found a vay to pin point de location uff supplies to crate a machine dot *ken* properly punch through time und space... vunce." if he looks a little pained, he hides it well- just slight shift in expression giving it away.

"Enough to get all uff hyu back to de right time. Hy'll teg along- better late den never, right?" he smiled, hanging the machine up on the wall.

"De first stop would be to a big enuffpower source to giff us a leedle more time... dot much, at least, hy ken manage. Hy know it;s not mooch uff a plan... but its vot hy heff. Und, mitout beink alone... ve could pull it off." he turned back to the group, pushing hsi hair back under his hat a little.

"Vhot is thinking?"

"....I think you could probably use this." said Rando, almost invisible under the tree. He was holding up a little device, as he tried to cover teals eyes.

"Does someone have something for Teals eyes? She;s fussing a lot...." he said, sheepishly, as gazes fell on him.

Post subject: How Michael got this is a mystery.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm 

"Mwahahahahaha!" He cackled and grinned. "These energy readings are simply fascinating! It's entirely possible to halt and reverse the flow of causality just by-"

Professor_Tinker wrote:
"Does someone have something for Teals eyes? She;s fussing a lot...." he said, sheepishly, as gazes fell on him.

Michael scowled, reached into his pocket, and tossed a certain pair of shades at Rando. "There. Now be quiet so I can focus on this incoming data, ok? You'll have to find a way to shrink them to fit her eyes yourself."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

David smiled. "Of course we'll help, Mister Ravel! I wouldn't want to be stuck here for all this time either, so I'd be happy to help you get out."

It should be noted David wasn't worried about being trapped there himself. Sooner or later he'd end up getting out, even if he didn't leave with Ravel. Heroes just tended to end up wherever they were needed. It was one of the rules of the universe, and he didn't really fight it. David walked over and stood next to Andrew. "Are you in, Andrew?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 pm 

Jennifer grumbled and stuck a hand in her pocket, zapping herself slightly. "Fine. I'm recording. But if I die during this, I'm going to smack you." She watched what he was doing.

...ok, maybe she was a LITTLE curious.

Teal peeped, fussing a bit less now that she was protected by Dadee's hand. And the nice Someone gave him something! Yay!

...owie eyes. She hid back in Dadee's hand.

Awww... I have no idea what Master just said... I wish I understood stuff. Sigh... I'm sure it'll work out ok... I mean, Master's super smart and all and so's Da and I'm sure they know what to do. But I wish I could help... I don't even know if I have anything he needs or not...

Laitu, meanwhile, was being rescued by Andro from almost falling into the ocean. "Eep!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:59 pm 

Chic voice is thoughtful, as she watches the jaeger. "You're Mad. Mad and jaeger...All right, Engineer first class Ravel, I'll help. And before you go fishing for screwdrivers, ask. You wouldn't believe the stuff I keep in my pockets."
Chic looks curiously at the machine. Fascinating!
Jess turns to Xerox and murmurs, "When do you play a crooked wheel?"
He doesn't miss a beat. "When it's the only game in town."
"Well, you wanted a vacation, Buttercup." She flashes him a quick grin, before getting serious again. Her next remark is directed at Xerox and Eustace. "I wonder how he got here-mad science gone wrong, or a nasty enemy? Eustace, you ever hear of this jaeger before?"

Penny and Sir Honor have had a lovely time. Only to find things in an uproar when they finally return to the hotel. Word has traveled fast.
"The Heterodyne's missing?" Penny's eyes widen.
The frazzled clerk nods. "Right from the middle of Mama Gitka's. And most of the Xyon visitors as well. All but you two, I believe...." His eyes narrow slightly, but then he shakes his head. Coincidence. No way the head of the HEH would be behind this.

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Dr. Beard and David spoke briefly, Dr. Beard being distracted by the sight of the "Ocean of Time". Mimic crawled onto David's shoulder and blended in with his shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 pm 

Rando frowned, and crunched the sunglasses in his hand. When he opened it, the Glasses were tiny, nd he slipped them gently onto Teals face. He also cupped her in his hands, taking out a little bottle of juice to have her sip. He frowned, hoping she was okay...

Andrew traded glances with David, and smiled a little. Well... it s clear that something was going on they weren't being told. But. He couldn't bring himself not to trust him a little... Jagerkinder vos Jagerkinder. Or was it something else...? Bah. The time was... interfering. he wondered if anyone ELSE was seeing the... colors. He suspected not.

"...well, why not? I hate to think of anyone being trapped here, really... it;s quite grim." he said, smiling a little.

Xerox nodded a little, thinking to himself. Why was the Jagerkinder so intent on getting *them* to their right place? If he;d been missing so long, wouldn't he even try to send himself back to his time? And why was a certain year impossible to get to...? Hrm. He knew Jess was probably thinking much the same thing...

"He seems sincere... in places. he;s holding back some amount of emotion, clearly. It makes it hard to guess what he's hiding." he said quietly, careful not to be heard.

Eustace nodded a little, thinking. The machinery was *not* something even a talented engineer Jager was usually capable of. Which was a finer line then you would imagine- most Jagermonsters had been assisting the most powerful, most vicious, *concentrated* Sparks in history for *most of* history. You picked up a few tricks, after all that. But something like this...? He was fairly sure not. A sophisticated time machine made of ramshackle parts?

....only...

"The thing is though, I *have* heard of him. First Class Engineer Ravel, of the Black Hat Brigade- a Jagermonster that had been sent to look for the heterodynes... and literally accidentally crashed back into the Barons Castle. He saved most of the future ruling class of Europa from being killed, most notably Gilgamesh Wulfenbach... I've heard about him most of my life growing up..." he paused, thinking.

"The only problem is that there's no record of where he came from. he had rank, and insignia, and was clearly a Jager. And now we know where he apparently vanished *to*..." he said, frowningly slightly.

"...I still believe I will trust him. Technically I owe him a debt, after all..."

The look on Ravels face, meanwhile, was one of quiet, crystalized panic. He tried, badly to school it down.

"Mad? Spark mad? Don be silly. Hent no Spohky Jagermeninsters. Is chust learnt a lot, hyah?" he managed, trying, quickly, to cover... he;d forgotten, after all this time! And trying to lie to.. these people. Was... hard.

Post subject: Just David being silly
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 pm 

-David-

David smiled. "Oh! Hello there!" He smiled at Mimic. "Is this your first adventure?" He didn't mind Mimic clinging to his shirt, which felt unusual, but not unwelcome. He grinned. "Your mom's pretty nifty... do you think anything lives in the ocean out there..." He reached in his pocket... "I think I might have sometihng you might like." He pulled out a rubik's cube and offered it to Mimic. "See? I got this on a previous adventure... it's a color matching puzzle thingy, although this one's kinda different then how they normally work. See, if you solve it, one of the little sides pops open and there's a little reward inside! I never could figure it out, but maybe you could if you wanted." He looked out at the ocean. "Who knows... maybe there's some sort of timefish or something swimming out there?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 pm 

Chic smiles at the stuttering jaeger, being sure to flash her fangs. "No such thing as sparky jaegers? Oh, reeeally? Listel, Ravel, it's obvious. I bet you were latent when you got the brau, right? Are you freaked out because a Heterodyne is here? Don't. He's an okay guy. You aren't in the bad old days. I've read up on it, and I can understand where you're coming from. Heck, that's one reason I'm not taking any oath. I won't rat you out. And since it seems we're helping each other out of this place...time....not-time...whatever....we'd better trust each other a bit. Keep your secrets, but for pete's sake! It'll make it kind of hard to work on stuff if you're holding back the spark."
Chic blithely turns away from the sputtering jaeger, and faces the Heterodyne.
"Yo, Eustace! Promise Ravel he's not gonna be in trouble because of being mad, okay? It has more weight coming from you." She crosses her arms and gives him a determined look. Eustace gets the idea that there's a silent 'you'd better not get on his case about the spark, or you and I will Have Words' left unsaid.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:06 pm 

I'm so confused... "But Master, you're a sparky Jaeger... and so's Da and Dr. Viktor and all the Dr. Tinkers and Miss Chickeek and A-... um, and people..."

I stand on tiptoe so I can whisper to him. "Besides, if Eustace tries to hurt you, I'll bap him."

But I really did think Eustace new about Master... Confuuuuused...

Teal fussed a bit, but the glasses made her eyes not hurt and Dadee was giving her nyam juice... She sipped it for a bit, yawning occasionally. She never did get her nap, and now she was all sleepy...

Laitu blinked. Random was here! Wiffle bat! No, wait... that would make Teal upset. Umm... she still wasn't really sure how to deal with Random if it didn't involve the wiffle bat...

She settled for poking at the machine Eta had been building, and trying to pretend she wasn't red. The machine looked interesting, after all.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:40 pm 

Rolf becomes very still. Claire is calling Ravel 'Master'?
Quote:
"But Master, you're a sparky Jaeger... and so's Da and Dr. Viktor and all the Dr. Tinkers and Miss Chickeek and A-... um, and people..."

She does time travel a lot, but he would have remembered her showing up during his Wulfenbach days. And the only person he hears her call Master....
"No...." he whispers. Then walks over to Ravel, who's badly trying to hide panic. One blue eye, one brown eye. Just like...
Rolf seizes Ravel by the shoulders, pulling the taller jaeger down eye to eye. He stares at him quietly. Then closes his eyes, and sniffs, concentrating.
"Gott en Himmell. Mein poor boy." Rolf's voice is barely a whisper. "Hy vish Hy'd known, but Hy probably vould heff blamed it on dot bump on hyur head if hyu'd tried." Rolf takes a deep breath, and belatedly realizes he's still gripping Ravel. He releases him, and wipes a shaky hand over his face. "Hyu might es vell come clean. Oh, hyu oncle vill keep it quiet, if hyu insist....but vill be hard to keep it hidden now." With that he glances at Claire, then back at Ravel, the ghost of a smile on his face as their eyes meet in understanding.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm 

Demothesis

Demothesis watched the swab dissolve and nodded to Ravel. He chose not to comment that the jaeger apparently had something that could survive contact with the ocean, though it may not contact it at all. Instead he took notes on the seeming effects on the end of the swab and ran it through the sensor equipment. He mostly ignored the discussion about the mad jaeger. It seemed pretty obvious this Ravel was a mad, though it was equally obvious he didn't want to let anyone know. Well as long as a solution was found he didn't really care whether ravel was straightforward about it or not.

William

William shrugged with his usual easy smile. "Eh, it's always hanging over our heads, just more literally presently." He began rummaging through his pockets, pulling a few items and scrolls out. In a couple of minutes he had a feild magic laboratory arranged in front of him, as well as a table covered in food. "Anyone hungry He asked as he started looking through some of his equipment, making sure it was all working. It was no where near as advanced as what Fredric had, but it was a decent lab for measuring magic forces. He had already forgotten he had gotten the food out, distracted as he was by his interest in the surrounding phenomena.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane was just close enough to catch the drama unfolding. Walking over, she looked at Ravel, scrutinizing him.

"Wait, you're really....? Hmm. Only one way to find out."

Reaching into her purse, she knocked on the huge vial carrying sJane, lightly. A sniffing sound came from inside the purse, then a whisper emerged. Jane bent her head close, and listened..

"Mm-hm!" sJane whispered, too soft for anyone else to hear. "Pure Eta. I don't suppose you could give him that train set...?"

"Now's not the time," Jane whispered back. "Too likely to mess something up, at the very least."

JN resumed examining Ravel, curiously. Finally, she lifted her hand, waved, and said, "Hi."

Last edited by Jane Narbon on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 pm 

Michael gazed over a printout of data. "Hm... fascinating. If these readings are accurate..." He reached into his pocket and tugged out countless parts, which he began to assemble. "I've dabbled in time travel before, but typical methods obviously wouldn't work here. This "Pier" place seems to exhibit odd properties in matter. It might explain how that Ravel guy survived here... either he's been finding ways to get food for quite some time or this place doesn't require one to eat food or drink liquids to survive here." He tilted his head. "But that's not tremendously relevant right now." He smirked. "Because if my theory is right, exposing this atmosphere's innate background energies to certain other effects, and we could..." he pulled a book of matches out of his pocket and struck one, letting it burn down. Then, he set it down on top of a plate in the center of all the machinery he'd been setting up. "Ok, Jennifer, Demothesis, Frederic, Lamer Me, watch this!" He began pressing some buttons, and the machine began to emit an unusual frequency of vibrations that, coincidentally, only catgirls could hear. It felt like a faint buzzing, like a bee in one's ears.

And the burnt out match, the fire extinguished, began to light again, and burnt BACKWARDS, as the charred bits began to unchar. Michael grinned as the match UNLIT itself, and picked it up. "Amazing! Absolutely fascinating! And it's not just repairing damaged matter, either! With this device, with the properties unique to the Pier, I can actually reverse the effects of any time-involved function within a localized region! The energy drain is enormous, but with enough study, perhaps in regular time/space I could replicate the effects and find a way to reduce the power necessary... I need to do some calculations, this could change absolutely everything-" he began to work hurriedly. "This could get me my first mention in the New Journal of Maddology! Mwahahahaha!"

Other Michael nodded grudgingly. "Niiice, yo. Ain't seen something like that before. 'specially from someone in our family..."

Michael looked up at him. "Mmm.... why are you so reluctant to tell me about your background, anyway? Relatively young line?"

"Nah, man." Other Michael scowled. "'s nunna yer business, but we're old. Real old. But-"

Michael looked at him pointedly. "I must admit some confusion. Most old mad lines are very distinguished... if we're anything like the old Wulfenbachs or the Heterodynes..."

Other Michael paused. "...why you so int'rested, anyway?"

Michael sighed and looked away. "...I don't want to talk about it around..." He looked over at Frederic and Jennifer. He'd always been embarassed... admitting that he was curious about what it would have been like to have a childhood. "-it's... well, if the family of the guy I was cloned from isn't any of my business, I fail to see why my motivations would be any of yours!"

Other Michael scowled. "Well fine! Let's just refine tha process, dewd!"

Michael snarled. "Fine then! Not like you can even keep up with my equations!"

"Oh no you did-n't!" Other Michael grabbed a notepad as the two began a mathmatics race in frenzied anger.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:17 pm 

-Meanwhile-

"Had enough?" Sarcastic sat on top of the badly beaten Drezebel-lookalike, glaring at her. "Or do I need to beat you some more?"

The Drezebel-Boss scowled. "Might as well give up, I suppose. Congrats, you've beaten the Universe of Bad Fanfiction." She folded her arms.

"So I get to go home?" Sarcastic smiled.

"Actually... typically, we just reset things and make you think you escaped while never quite being sure if it was real or not until the weirdness outbreaks again." the Drezebel entity looked up at her.

"That... wouldn't really be that different than my actual life." Sarcastic looked blankly at her.

"I know. Plus, we kinda can't do that with you... apparently whatever sent you here changed your "aura" somewhat... basically you were sent here only temporarily, and by fulfilling an "Exit condition" you get slung shot back to your home universe."

Sarcastic blinked. "The toppings machine has some way out like THAT? Why hasn't anyone figured that out before?"

"I dunno... has anyone ever studied it?" The Drezebel-monster shrugged as Sarcastic started to fade away. "It was fun! See you later!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 pm 

Ravel swallowed a little, and glanced at the group. He should... he knew, deep down, he should. It had been such a long time... he *missed* his family. He’d lost time... no. Not los. Not exactly. He couldn't regret what had happened... aside from being stuck on the island of time, anyways.

"Hy kent. Too much to be doink, now- de more time spent here, de more passes in HYU times. Und whoever sent hyu all here either does not care de trubble dis is causink... or was meaning to." he said, quietly- before smiling up at him a little. It was a funny smile; really- mostly because now, Rolf could remember the two places... two faces he had seen it on.

The bright, mature smile of Maxwell Eta Raven Mallory Tinker... and the goofy, childish smile of Ravel, the Engineer schmot boy who had thought he was so clever hiding his tools out in the laundry room. And more importantly, someone Rolf knew had trouble with asking people for help, or letting them know just how much trouble he was in.

He did pause, though, and gently bumped his shoulder with one fist.
"...an heets hokey, huh? Long time between. You wouldn'a known." he said, smiling before he bounded to the machine- using the screwdriver delicately to adjust a little portion... and then, with a whistle, ramming the screwdriver into the side.

"Hokay! Sounds like pipple are in for helping, hyah? Goot! Hy heff it hardwired to go to de biggest, safest energy source hy could get it to lock into... for this first trip, it will just rubber-bend us dere for a few minutes, when get de power source linked in, und it yenks us back." he explained still sort of bubbly nervous... oh, he knew the Baron was far away and aged gone, but you didn't stop certain Pavlovian reactions quite so fast. Which was why his hand went up to the switch...

Fredric grinned at Williams’s pocket space- leaning over his shoulder to see his work as he munched on a bit of carrot- his ear suddenly pricking up. He turned his head a little, as he overheard Rolf... wait, what? Uncle? He... oooh no. But no. That didn't make sense... why had they not all realized, right away? With scent and the eyes and... Alright, so, older, but...

He closed his eyes, licking the back of his hand- bringing up fur to the skin... letting something ethereal crackle over the soft fur. Crude, yes, but effective... his eyes shot wide open, and he looked at William, as the equipment buzzed a little...

"...Will? Oy... summuns workin a magic in here somewhere. An s; not onna us..." Fredric whispered, looking around.

Eustace was taking *care* not to overhear- Jagers had their... private matters. He respected that. You sort of had to, unless you wanted to hear... well, informative, yes, but he couldn't ever quite look Jurgenmensh in the eyes again after that. While he had the chance, he tapped Chic on the shoulder.

"...For the record, I really don't mind. I’m still curious about his origins... but that's a separate issue. More to the point, I think it’s a 8good* thing that you aren't taking an oath. I need that. Someone who, should the situation arise, will not hesitate to... take necessary steps. So i think i should tell you now, judging as we are about to have Adventures, in case it comes up later... about my little Legacy." he said- pointing upwards, at the Wulfenbach Amulet he wore near his throat... close to the skin.

Whatever he said next was completely drowned out- as Ravel hit the button, and suddenly the seas of time around them roared into fast motion- rippling with colors and images, the sound of gears grinding intensely as the machine struggled....

And with a sound like air rushing from one room to another, the world went black... thy were standing on blackness, surrounded by blackness, and standing on a surface that felt like 8dust* had been compressed into a density like hardwood flooring.

Above them, far, far away, were things like stars... or were they moons? But no moon ever had such a strange tangle of colors and light, surely. And a star did not rotate, slowly and elegantly, like dancers. It gave the place they were a sort of light that rippled by in delicate rainbow colors.

And above them was... a huge grey expanse, shifting with silver and what could only be, to those who could see them, madness colors... the colors you saw behind your eyes when the music began, like all the sounds the voices that echoed inside the mass cavern of your mind had become lights and gleams.

The grey mass went 8down further then the eye could see, and upwards to a vague sot of shape, that was placing the colored moons in place, delicately... like a jeweler would craft a treasure for his mother. With care, and slightly worried attention to detail.

It looked *down* at them with something like eyes that must have been the size of the milky way, shining like unicorns made of zinc...

To anyone Mad, it was like seeing a sunrise. Or a creation whirr to life, a hundredfold... or perhaps, were you the creation?

To anyone able to sense Magic, the air was too dense to 8see* through.

To a certain kind of Kitty girl, they were back to a place they had probably wandered through before, at least once, sort of on accident. All the shinnies were here. All of them.

And to anyone not in *any* of those categories... everything was suddenly pretty confusing.

Ravel breathed out, the wiring he needed to attach loose in his hand.

He had not expected this.

Location One: The Wellspring

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next