Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:52 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

"Aw, but your hair's so touselable like this!" But Chic relents, and lets the tiny tot henchman be for the moment. She looks around with interest. Her pockets are among the few that aren't noticeably lighter.
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" She grins at Eustace, then slips an arm through one of Wally's. Her other hand pulls out a lightning gun and holds it casually.

Jess looks at one of the stone slabs-just a quick glance to see if there's a date. "Hey, Ravel. This insulating stuff-can you detect it, or will you just know it when you see it?" She still has her shades, and as far as she's concerned, that's enough.

Rolf swiftly makes his way to Claire, who's already trying a door. "Vait up, Liebschen! Dis time travel sctuff-perheps ve need to stay together, ya?" Rolf stifles a sigh. The Heterodyne is here. But someone needs to keep an eye on Claire. Even if she is stronger than he is...and smart....and she's time traveled more than he has...Okay, maybe she doesn't need an eye kept on her. But he's going to anyway. Besides, Ravel and Andrew at the very least will keep an eye on Eustace.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:19 pm 

~Claire~

?

"But Rolf... if we run out of time, the machine-thingy will snap us all back to the same place anyway. Besides, we're all shiny." Doooor... at least it's got latches I can actually open instead of those stupid round things that don't make any sense.

~Isaac~

Oh! That was lucky. He popped a mint in his mouth. "Hi, Ashely! I'd ask you on a date, but I don't feel like asking." He grabbed Ashley's arm. Let's see... a nice small island would be good for somewhere where he couldn't run away if he changed again.

In a few moments, Isaac and Ashley were standing in front of Joe's restaurant. "They have quite excellent food here."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:46 am 

Josephine glances up in time to see a minted Isaac and Dr. Kinestro walk in. She rolls her eyes and mutters. "Greeeat. Right when Pop's on vacation, too."
Gladys beeps sympathetically, and Josephine gives her food synthesizer an affectionate pat.
Jo's always run the late shift, but with Joe off to Mechanicsburg, she's been on duty 24/7. Oh, there's been a little muttering from the regulars, but not too loudly-no one wants to be banned. Besides, Gladys and Jo have pulled their weight. The food remains delectable. Without Joe's special touch, true, but only the most dedicated gourmet can tell. And even they don't have cause to complain.
Josephine is at once proud, tired, and secretly hoping her pop comes back earlier than planned. Gladys has been on duty longer than she ever has before, and Josephine is a little bit worried. She accidentally made a customer a strawberry souffle instead of a strawberry milkshake. She passed it off as a chef's special, and the customer was delighted. But next time might not be so easy....
Jo gives her creation another affectionate pat, and gets back to work.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked through her purse, taking a more complete inventory than her quick autopatdown.

"There... gone... gone... there.... there.... ooh, there's still my grandma's air horn!" she said, pulling the aforementioned device out of her purse.

Michael stopped fighting long enough to ask, "Why do you even have an air horn in your purse?" before getting pulled back in. Jane smiled.
"Because any time is air horn time," she said. "Want me to blow it? Someone is sure to come running."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm 

-David-

"OW MY FRIGGING ARM!" He grumbled... "Stupid adhesive..." He sighed and looked over at Jane. "Sure, why not? We don't really know what we're doing here yet anyway, so I don't see why blowing an air horn could be a bad thing."

Michael scowled at him. "Are you seri- wait, are we even keeping a low profile? I don't know-oh screw it, I'm too annoyed to really care." And at that moment he grabbed a rock and started up his melee with Johnny Noir again.

David sighed and looked over at Ravel. "Ok... so what are we looking for here, anyway?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile, watching them from afar in a shadowy corner...-

"Oh, hey... I remember this."

"Is that? Oh no. Oh no no no no no!" There was a low whining sound. "This isn't good at all. What are all of those individuals doing here, Mister Toboz?"

"Heh. It's sort of a long story, cat." There was the sound of something venting steam.

"...sir, everytime you say that, my tail gets all floofy."

"Really, it's not a big deal. The story just would take too long for us to really get into. Even with a time machine at our disposal." Future David grinned. "Besides, We'll be seeing a lot of them..."

"Err...why is that, sir?"

"Because you're going with them."

"Wait, what?!?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sváfa-

Sváfa blinked. "Err... so you're here to lead me to the son of Loki, then?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Liam

Liam took a moment to look at the Valkyrie in the eye, trying to decide if she was joking or not. "No, I am Loki's son." He looked as though he didn't exactly enjoy saying that. "Now, I presume this is about my little run in with Brynhildr the other night?" His first instinct had been, as usual, to lie, mislead, and otherwise be oblique, but he had knocked that instinct down. He had practice ignoring that instinct, and was good at directing himself towards more direct discussions.

DR.KINESTRO!(TM)

Kinestro blinked when Isaac showed up again... again? Did he know Issac? Should he even recognize the face as belonging to that name? He couldn't tell... It was confusing when you didn't know whether you knew someone or not...

"Buh?"

And suddenly he was at Joes... and Isaac was a woman now. This was so confusing...

"Uhm... I think I'm banned..." He started uncertainly, unsure of why he felt so nervous around the tall woman that was Isaac currently.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:36 pm 

Wally winced as he was transported back in time, or forwards, or whatever relative direction was involved with this whole mess with the Pier. It was rather remarkable he'd never run into anything like it while dimension hopping, but he had to suppose that had something to do with the fact that he'd managed to stay mostly away from actual time travel, besides the problems that came up with the different rates for the flow of time in different dimensions.

Rubbing his head, he pulled up a quick diagnostic... and realized what the trouble was as soon as the screen came up in his view. It was his backup view format, not the standard projection. And it showed him that all of his wireless connections were down... and more importantly, the devices involved weren't, in fact, attached to him at all. Looping his arm in Chic's, he was just glad that he had left the wired connections in place. He didn't particularly fancy having to deal with whatever troubles they were heading for with just one arm... Maybe he could improvise something for David. "Umm... David? Sorry about that adhesive, but maybe we can get something together quickly. Or would you prefer to wait and just reattach it when we get back?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 pm 

-David-

He looked over at Wally. "No, no... thank you for the offer, but this sort of thing is nothing new for an experienced adventurer!" He grinned. "Although admittedly this is about the time I find something that lets me change seasons or turn into a wolf or manipulate the wind or something..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile...-

"No, boss, that's Link from Legend of Zelda." Sarcastic blinked. "Wait, what did I just say?" She sighed and squirmed in the chair she was tied to. "Clearly I've gone insane from being TRAPPED here for so long."

Khan, still dangling in a net from the ceiling, glared at her. "You've been here an hour."

Sarcastic looked back at him. "Hey, insane is insane. What's your point?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

He looked around and shrugged. "Man, not even a bomb-bag? Aw, this adventure is really slow." He looked over at Wally. "Well, if you've got any spare parts, maybe we could improvise something... do you have anything on you we can work with? Otherwise we'll have to find some parts, because I don't have anything. Hey, we should go explore!" He looked around. "This is something like Italy, right? It seems a bit like when I visited it in the future on that old world tour, except less on fire." He grabbed Andrew's sleeve. "Come on! I'll show you around! I know a lot of cool sights around here!" He tugged Andrew's sleeve and smiled. "We can look for parts for Wally and help Ravel along the way, can't we?"

-Sarcastic, Ryan, Khan, Der Säbelzahntiger-

"-So even the bullets?" Sarcastic raised an eyebrow. "I mean, I could see the costumes, you've definitely got a theme going on, but what, how are BULLETS related to tigers?"

Der Säbelzahntiger rolled his eyes. "All the bullets in each weapon are painted with orange and black stripes. Duh. Now the U.N hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I think we're gonna make an example of one of you hostages now. So which one-"

Ryan rolled his eyes. "It doesn't really matter. You're not going to get your money."

Der Säbelzahntiger spun around to glare at him. "WHAT? What impertinence is this?!?"

Ryan looked at him. "The sort that sees through all this BS. Let's be realistic here for a moment. You're trying to hold the world hostage for money with a device that creates black HOLES. What exactly happens if you don't get your money once all the hostages are gone? Are you going to live up to your threats?"

Der Säbelzahntiger grinned. "But of course!"

Ryan glared at him. "So you're going to kill yourself."

"Of course not! I'll-" Der Säbelzahntiger paused and thought. "-Er, let me think for a moment..."

Ryan didn't relent. "This is why violence never solves anything. Your plan is mutually destructive if you go through with it and there's no way to guarantee your safety. The U.N. is unlikely to pay you for this plan because it's unlikely that you'll destroy yourself in order to go through with it. And all you're doing is guaranteeing that you and the men under you are going to be thrown in jail." He looked up, making eye contact with Der Säbelzahntiger. "But you can stop this. Right now. If you let us go, I promise I won't press any charges. All you've done right now is wave guns around and look tough. The police can't really do much to you for that unless we press the issue. And none of us will. I'll ensure that." He sat up in his seat, suddenly seeming a bit taller than he normally did. "Do the right thing, for yourself and your men. Let this scheme drop, it's pointless and stupid anyway. Just go. There'll be other evil plots, I'm sure."

Der Säbelzahntiger paused. "Er... I don't know... it seems kinda... anti-climactic to end it like that..."

Ryan looked at him seriously. "This doesn't have to escalate, sir. For the love of GOD. Just. Walk. Away."

Der Säbelzahntiger sighed. ".......fiiiiine. Let no one say I can't be reasoned with. You make a good point, kid. Minions! Let's all pack it in and-"

And then a sledgehammer went flying across the room and slammed into a tiger-costumed henchman's head, sneding him to the ground. Standing in a doorway, Natalie snarled. "LET THEM ALL GO, LOSER!"

There was a feral glint in Der Säbelzahntiger. "MINIONS! BEAT ON HER OVERLY LARGE <Censored for Content!>"

Ryan watched as a group of armed men with guns pointed at Natalie and opened fire, as she scrambled for cover, while throwing a chair at them.

And sighed.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm 

-Something like 50-70+ years away...-

The little green blob went wide eyed in it's jar, light shining in the pupils. It hopped down in the jar, and up close to watch the sudden flurry of violence, tiny nubbin-hands against the glass. The little blob had certain knowledge ingrained- it did not squeak or chu, it growled! It would know its creators, and it knew its kin. And this... if THIS was not kin, nothing was. he bounced and cheered in the glass, beaming out through the glass.

The little pink one had, at some point, transformed it;s jar into sparkles, and found it;s way up to the top of Sarcastics head. It looked down at her, and pointed with enthusiasm at Khan.

"Kiddy!" it peeped, rather excitedly.

-Back sometime in the 70's, Italy-

Xerox cursed under his breath, patting himself down. He;d already been walking light, seeing as he had been on vacation (But not too light. He was, after all, not a fool), but now he was about 10 *pounds* lighter. Well, he;d worked light before, and a coil of hidden razorwire in a cuff was forever. He glanced around, dazedly taking stock....

"...Andrew, is there a reason you;re holding your jaw?"

"...I believe I have lost a tooth." Andrew managed, quietly curled forward a little. He would need to have a TALK with mother and her little cunning tracking methods, and choice of dentistry. And did it have to be a FRONT tooth? He was going to be smiling with a gap all day.

Ravel was holding up a small little compass of sort, and wincing.

"Sorry about dot- vossn;t sure if it would heppen or not... Vhen hy lended bek in time, hy vos pritty sure hy chust lost everything in de fall. Time sort uff... automticaly filters out text dot hez *no* ability to be dere. Luckily, mit Mad Science, dis is pritty fluid..." he explained, helping Andrew up as the Professor stuffed some gauze in his mouth in the right place.

Meanwhile, the door Claire was pushing into swung open, into a dim new room.

Inside, the lights were dim- you could just make out the huge, echoing sense of space. Somewhere, water dripped from a long way above, with the crystalline sound of falling into gathered pools. There were dim shapes in the darkness, something like tables or statues, and somewhere, there was soft, rapid, conversational Italian- two voices, modulating with the universal echoes of an argument.

All of this was, however, somewhat secondary to the BIG shape, that the strange, handmade compass was pointing too as being their goal. The shape that was making Andrew, quietly, choke.

It was a huge, metal and glass orb- flanked by strange pipes and mechanisms on all side, like an enormous, oversize pearl sittin gin the remains of a steam and electric clams shell.

And more to the point, just inside through the glass, strange malevolent shapes were visible- leering through a thick sort of crystallizing liquid...

Eustace stared up- eyes very wide. Suddenly, the small room seemed... positively clausterphobic.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:10 pm 

~Claire~

...buh? That feels anticlimactic, somehow... I wonder what this thing is. I poke it a bit, to see if it does something.

~Jennifer~

!!!

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't believe it! I wonder if it still works!" She rushed over to the machine, smacking away one of Claire's hands. "Stop that, Claire."

She started examining it, trying to see if she could find the controls or any way it could be operated or activated. Eeeeeeeee! She'd always wondered how they worked, and there was one right HERE!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm 

Rolf RUNS. He intersperses himself between the hive engine and Claire and Jennifer. Baring his fangs at Jennifer, he snarls. "DON'T TOUCH IT! EUSTACE, RAVEL-GET OVER HYER!"
He then turns to Claire, and speaks calmly. "Claire, dis is....bad. Very bad. Get de Heterodyne, please."

Chic blinks. Whatever that thing is, it's making people freak out. She nudges Eustace. "What is that, besides obviously bad juju, considering the reactions? What's a...hive engine? And what can I do?"

Jess looks towards where the conversation in italian is coming from. Let the mads freak about about the whatchamacallit. She'd better make sure to watch their backs.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm 

~Claire~

Owie... I rub my hand... and now Rolf's yelling? But... I didn't...

*wibble*

I go tug on Lord Heterodyne's sleeve, ears drooping. Sniffle...

~Jennifer~

"Hey! Stoppit! Let me look at the engine- I know what it is and what I'm doing!" She glared at Rolf. "Or did YOU spend a decade and a half studying everything you could find about mindcontrol devices, too?"

Sure, he'd probably SEEN a hive engine before... but if he knew how it worked, he probably wouldn't be panicking like that... Grumble...

At least the new sparky was making it even easier to think and understand... it was FUN! But first Rolf needed to get out of the way!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 pm 

Demothesis

Demothesis didn't even know when his knife had gotten in his hand, but he noticed it trembling in the small hands he had currently. He hadn't felt fear... ever... and wouldn't if he wasn't a kid currently. A kid who hadn't had fear burnt out of his brain. Currently he was just a kid, with perfect knowledge of just what lay in front of them all, and aware of just how helpless him and his little knife would be if wasps started pouring out. "m-Miss Lopez, wouwd you happen to have a weapon I couwd bowwow?" He manages not to sound too much like a scared child as his eyes professionally roam the surroundings for threats.

William

William, on the verge of a joke, cuts off with a small strangled sound. This... was not what he was expecting. A hand shot into the pocket of his hoodie, grabbing a scroll in his pocket. It was a simple scroll, the simplest he had. All it did was store energy, a lot of energy, and if prompted, explode. Violently. Though that would be an understatement. A more accurate depiction would be several nukes going off at once with all the energy that had been stored up inside it. He didn't activate it, but he made sure it was... primed. "Is that... What I think it is?" He asked, taking a glance around. There was some comfort in the company he was keeping here. Two Tinkers, a Heterodyne, and a Jaeger. The Other had been beaten back with less. He took a second to force his skyrocketing heartbeat down and put himself back in his relaxed but ready state.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:15 pm 

Rolf doesn't budge. "No, Hy heff not. But Hy heff seen these before, and what they do..." His voice is grim. "If de Heterodyne says hyu can look at it, Hy'll move. But until he does, hyu are not touching it."
His acute hearing hears Claire sniffle, and he winces. She thinks he was yelling at her...well, it's a good thing at that, that Jennifer drove Claire away from the device, or he would've had to. He'll try to make it up to her later. But better she have her feelings hurt, than what might happen if she messes around with this.
A Hive engine. He thought the last of them destroyed centuries ago. Filled with slaver wasps.
Rolf sincerely hopes that Eustace knows what to do. The boy's never seen one, but he'll know all about it.
And Ravel's device sent them here? Hmm...

Jess sighs. Okay, they didn't exactly sneak in, true. But with all the yelling, there's no way they haven't drawn attention to themselves. She heightens her senses, and adds subtle armor and weaponry. She won't give away what she is until she has to. "Prim? You speak italian? I don't know more than tourist book stuff."

Chic absently hands a lightning gun to lil' Demo. "Sure, take this." All the while keeping an eye on Eustace. She has no idea what everyone's so freaked about, but it must be bad. And there simply hasn't been an opportunity for her and the Heterodyne to continue their earlier conversation. Looks like it'll have to keep waiting...

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:19 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked up at the engine. "Ho-ly sh. . . . ." was her first reaction, as she realized what it was. She moved beside Chic.

"That's a Hive Engine, full of slaver wasps. I honestly thought they were a myth, or were destroyed hundreds of years ago... anyway, what they are, is... well, think of mind control multiplied by nightmares, and you get these. Anyone controlled is automatically under service to the Other [Lucrezia Mongfish]; at least, that was the idea at the time of their generation.

The good news is, anyone with strong enough Madness shouldn't be able to be enslaved (though I did see a strange passage in a text once... never mind), and the bodies of Mads that fit the bill will automatically kick the wasps out. I know mine will.

Still, we have a big problem, namely THIS THING IS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. Ideas?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 am 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Dr. Beard turned the pearly object over and over in her hand. Her other hand rested on one of Mimic's tentacles, the little cephalopod curled around her shoulder after the events of the place they had been in before.
Most of her equipment was gone. A rather old-fashioned sling psychrometer, a refractometer, five small glass bottles containing some of her serums and two empty glass bottles, and a "fun-sized serving" of freeze-dried shrimp remained.

She really wasn't focusing on the hive engine. She was thinking about time travel, endocrine glands, and ammonites.

She held Mimic's arm a little tighter. Not that she could stop Mimic from slipping away...

Mimic, meanwhile, was looking at the hive engine with confused curiosity. It looked like a puzzle. A very complex puzzle, with rather tasty looking shelled creatures inside- like lobsters and shrimp, except the kind that lived on land. Bugs, they were called. So why was everyone else so scared of it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 pm 

Eustace cleared his throat, trying, quietly, to force his head back into order. This was difficult- a great deal of it was trying to impress onto the *rest* of him how, with a little effort, it would not be hard to melt the lot of it into slag. That was important. You couldn't let something like this stay out anywhere where anyone could find them it's all going to happen again oh god he can;t handle th-

Stop that.

Eustace's beathing slowed, and his shoulders went up, squared firmly. He seemed... faintly distant for a moment.

Use the resources at hand. See what must be done. If there is opportunity to destroy the cursed thing, then do so- more importantly, however, is the fact that this is either very, *very* old... or something has gone very, very wrong. Information first. Deep breaths.
Think of this as a test.

"Miss... Jennifer, was it? You have permission to approach. I do not want the machine punctured, opened, or in any *way* activated, however. What I need to know is how long it;s been here. Ravel? That device... please tell me it's pointing at something *behind* this contraption...?" he paused, looking down at the tug on his sleeve.

...Cat ears? Oh heavens, that's right.

Some things, you just had to take care of first. He gently hugged Claire, patting her hair a little. "It's okay, sweetie. No ones mad at you. It;s just that this is a... scary big thing, and Rolf got scared you might be hurt." he explained, blinking- oooh dear. someone said The Name.

As soon as Jane said the name 'Lucrezia', Andrew, Fredric, and Ravel all quietly *tensed*. Andrew grit his teeth, and quietly shuddered. Fredric reached out, and took Williams arm- shaking very faintly. It was a... family reaction.

"It;s been here as long as... oh... 10 or 13 years, anyways. Mind, I;d be pretty interested in knowing the *exact* date, as would my associate... oh, and hands up, if you please." said a calm, cool voice- dry as parchment.

Xerox froze up, following the sudden glint of light to a tall, pale figure.

"....Wicket?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:26 pm 

~Jennifer~

She smirked at Rolf, and started examining the device. Let's see... age- look at what could degrade, what might alter... she'd read everything she could find about them about them, so perhaps she could figure out the model...

"I can tell you how old it is soon, Bianco." Sure, he was probably trying to kill them or something, but if she was figuring out how old it was anyway...

~Claire~

Hugs! I'm glad Rolf isn't mad at me... even if Jennifer did hit and she's mean... But now Da and Fredric are freaking out about something... awww... And why do I have to put my hands in the air?

"Hi, Mister Bianco!"

...I keep forgetting to ask Prim why he calls Mister Bianco and Mister Moretti those odd names. Maybe later, though. I think we're busy.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:47 pm 

Wally looked over at Wicket, and then lifted his hands into the air. "Hello again... for the first time."

Pausing for a moment, he looked up in contemplation. "You know, it's interesting being here when I don't even exist yet." Thinking back over what he'd just said, he performed a rare three times facepalm combo. "Owwww... I should remember not to facepalm with metal hands. And yes, I just realized I probably shouldn't have said that." Sighing, he put his hands back up. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to overlook that, while we concentrate on the bigger deal in front of us?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:01 pm 

Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm »   You are in a huge underground stone vault, sometime in the 1970s. You are in search of an INSULATIONARY MATERIAL for the time machine. To the side, a thin, tall, red-haired, pale figure recodnisable as the future MISTER WICKET ha calmly stepped up to the group. His partner is not visible, presumably out in the darkness. You have unwittingly been lead to the LAIR OF AN INFAMOUS DUO. Also, Eustace seems to be rather having some kind of struggle as he looks up over the HIVER ENGINE

Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm »   William:*"looking" everywhere currently*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm »   Claire: *cheerfully waves to Wicket*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm »   Jennifer: *examining the hive engine*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm »   David: *Tilts his head* So what are you guys doing here? *Is raising his...arm... as told*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm »   William will be able to see the second figure, who is over on the other side of the hiver engine. They are examening it.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm »   Carmine Bianca: ...I do not know you, feline adjusted humanoid. As for the rest... what, exactly, are you doing here?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm »   A knife appears in Carmined hand, being idly tossed up and down. If he is intimidated by the group, it is very well buried.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Dr. Beard: *trying to keep hold of a wiggling Mimic* Err... if my hands are otherwise nonthreateningly occupied, do I still have to raise them?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Claire: Oooh... we haven't met yet? I'm Claire!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Claire: And we're doing timey wimey stuff.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Jane: That's not the question. The question is, what is that doing here?! [points at the hive engine]
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Claire: Well, not really doing it... more messing with it? Or it's messing with us?
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Chic: *looks up at Eustace* You okay?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm »   Claire: Something.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   Carmine flicks his gaze up, at the engine. "...I do not know. Is being there many years. Since we were... children. Is none of your buisness."
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   Jane: [eyebrow]
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   William: The same could be asked of you sir~.*confident grin. hiding fear of hive engine*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   David: *Looks at Carmine* You didn't answer my question, sir.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   Eustace takes a dee breath, and nods- looking... tesen. "Yes. Fine. Thank you..."
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm »   Jane: Hmm. Perhaps we've gotten off on the wrong foot. You may call us... travelers. We're looking for a specific insulationary material...
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 pm »   Claire: Ooooh... are we in a graveyard?
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 pm »   Jess: *hands in her pockets, projects the attitude of leaning against a wall, even though she isn't* Yeah-it's our business. But let's set the testosteone and related substaces aside while we talk, 'kay? We don't need to be having a ruckas around something dangerous like that. Truce, at least for a bit?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 pm »   Dr. Beard: Since the world isn't enslaved by the Other in our time can't we just assume it didn't go off and move on without bothering the nice fellows- Mimic stop wiggling! Those are not snacks!
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm »   lilDemo: Weww, that's at weast twenty yeaws... Stiww not owd enough to be comfowtabwe...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm »   Carmine glances back at claire. "A crypt. In venice. You do not... know? You are either inept, or...." he stops, listenign as he is shouted for. If anyone knows italian, they will be able to undertand what is said- but Carmine suddenly vanishes into the darkness.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm »   Claire: *ears droop* Awww...
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm »   Jennifer: *working* Well, you ARE, Claire.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm »   David: Hm... What did Sarcastic tell me I needed to do in these situations? "Learn to use my head as a weapon?" Something like that...
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   William:*trying to keep track of people even in the dark*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   Dr. Beard: *knows Spanish, some Japanese, and a little Latin, but no Italian*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   Jess: *has heightened her senses8
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   Andrew looks around, and nudges xerox. "...Ravel? What part of the... thing, do we require. We can try to parse it out from there...
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   David looked over at the engine. "Er, I'm not entirely sure what that thing is, some Other or wahtever you're all talking about, but if it's so scary, cna't we just disable it? We've got more Spark here than a Lightning generator."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   In the darkness, there is a wrenching noise- metal falls to the ground.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm »   lilDemo:*knows a lot of languages, italian would be one for it being close to a root language*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   David: It should be pretty easy with all our powers combined to disable- What was that?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   Jennifer: *ignoring everyone and doing research*
rofessor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   Xerox looks up at David. "...Theoreticaly, yes. It;s just that it has a... reputation. And if I had to guess? One of our hots is dismanteling it already.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   William: Please tell me you didn't just open it...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   Carmine appears again, looking annoyed. "...The Master wishes to know if anyone has a left handed Fin-Wrench."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm »   David: Err... did Jennifer just open it? Un oh...
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   Jennifer: *goes around the hive engine to complain at anyone who's messing with it*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   Claire: I have a right handed Fin-Wrench...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   Chic: Eustace! *sets lightning gun on 'glow ominously' and drags him to it.*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   Jane: [looks very carefully at the engine]
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   David: A left-handed Fin-Wrench? I think I've got one... *Reaches into his pockets* If I do, can I meet your master to hand it over? *He's got nothing in his pockets, but is making a show of looking through them*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm »   Jennifer: *has disappeared around to the other side of the hive engine*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   Dr. Beard: *finally has Mimic under control*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   William:*has one of those, but he's not offering it up*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   Jennifer has found a slorter, stockier, dark skinned man- oil seems to be holding his hair back, and he is calmly removing a metal panel. He looks up at hr, sparks travling out along his arms.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   David: *Looks over at Mimic and Dr. Beard* ...How do you keep her from getting out of your grip, anyway?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   Carmine raises a slim eyebrow at David. "...he is around the side."
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm »   Jennifer: Do you have to do that right now?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm »   Dr. Beard: Practice. Help?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm »   The figure- Enrico, Aka Cudgel, someday to be Mister Harp, nods. He sets the panel down, and begins to wrestle another off.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm »   Jess: *calmly, to the man taking the panel off* Stop. NOW.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm »   Andrew rreaches up to Mimic, holding out hsi arms. "Here- let me..."
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm »   Jennifer: And it can't wait, say, half an hour until I'm done?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Jennifer: *HER new toy*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Mimic: *gets that the Hive Engine is not a puzzle with a tasty treat, but still wants to explore~*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Carmine appears next to Jess, holding a knife again. "Miss, he knows what he is doing... we have spent years working with this gods awfuled machine."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   David: Hm. Why are you working on it? Seems like the sort of thing to just let alone, you know?
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Jane: Ah. And what is he doing?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Enrico says something mildly, looking into the mechanisim...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm »   Jess: And do you know what is it? *isn't worried*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   Claire: *has wandered off*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   Mimic climbs halfway onto Andrew to get a new view of things.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   William: Oh? If you know anything about this machine you'd know it should've been dropped in a vocano, not opened~*threateningly nice*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   Michael and Johnny Noir: *In the background, fighting with each other, scuffling, as one of them stumbles to the ground, sending a wrench flying over Jess's head*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   "Dismanetling it. Of course we do. A Hive Engine. Creation of a horrific mind. The understanding of a mind that can create such a weapon has become our lifes work."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   Enrico says something again.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm »   "...He says theres no volcanos around here. And the Other is decades gone, anyhow."
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   Jane: Um... you do know that there's living things in there, right?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   Jennifer: Awesome. So can the person who's made understanding mind control stuff her life's work look at it, or is understanding the mind that created it all you need to do?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   Eustace makes a choked noise. "That... really isn;t the worrying part... all it takes is the right harmonic..."
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   William: I can provide one if you'd like~
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   Enrico says something again, and Carmine smiles.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   "It has gotten too loud for him~ Please be quiet. GO away."
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm »   William: A very, very big volcano~. Easily~
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   lilDemo: No.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   Chic: Eustace, what do you want us to do?

Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   Jennifer: *irritated*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   Claire: *trying the other door, back in the first room*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   lilDemo*sounds a bit like a stubborn child*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   Enrico holds something up to Jennifer- a small, silver orb not unlike the hiver engine. Ravel has vanished.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm »   Dr. Beard: Again, we seem to have made it to our present in spite of whatever they're doing...
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Michael and Johnny's Fighting: *Sounds in the background, as one of them throws a stone at the other, which goes wide and Tnks off the glass of the horrible device*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   David: Er...does anyone know what we were supposed to be getting around here?
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Jess: And maybe that's because we didn't go, 'ho hum, a hive engine', an d did som ething ab out it now?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Jennifer: *takes it and examines it*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Jane: [sees the orb being held to Jennifer, tenses, then runs over and grabs it out of her hands] DON'T TOUCH THAT.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Jane: [scared!!]
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Jennifer: *takes the orb back from Jane* Look, I know more about this than you do. STOP IT.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm »   Dr. Beard: Could we avoid throwing things at the death and enslavement machine?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm »   Jennifer: Also, me being possessed would be a serious waste of a spark hive-engine.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm »   lilDemo: exactwy miss Jess.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm »   Michael and Johnny: RAWR!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm »   David: ...ok, that's it. *Looks for something heavy*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm »   Jennifer: If that's even what this is. *examines!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Enrico chuckles, and pokes the orb- it releases a swarm of luminescant butterflies.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Jane: [glares at Jennifer] At least we both know what it is.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Jane: ?!?!?!?!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Jennifer: Uh-HUH. *rolls her eyes at Jane*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   David: *has found a lead pipe!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Dr. Beard is very tense and nervous, mostly because she knows she can't keep hold of Mimic without special devices currently far away if she really wants to get loose.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Jennifer: *admires the butterflies, and examines how they're made*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   Jane: Oh, for— and I was ready to inhale that? [siiiiiight]
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm »   *siiiiiiigh
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm »   Dr. Beard: Butterflies?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm »   "Iz... mock up. My work. Not style. Mimicing. Carmine<Something italian and rapid, which makes Carmine huff and storm off>
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm »   Enrico has spoken himself, english very rough
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm »   Mimic: *snaps at a passing butterfly*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm »   Jennifer: Ah, that makes sense. It's nice.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   [Not really. She'd pretty much be KOing herself for a goodly amount of time. But she'd live, and the wasp wouldn't....... eventually. ......probably.]
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   Jennifer: *examines* HmMmmM...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   Ravel re-appears around the engine, looking a little pale.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   William:*whispering to Fredric* Boss man, think we should possibly incapacitate now, ask polite questions after
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   David: Ravel? What's up? Do you need me to knock these guys out?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   Fredric tenses a little. "...we need somthin from it t; get back home. Be on standbye, if we need to..."
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm »   Jess: I'm asking politely-quit messing with that dam thing, and let's talk like sentients. *idly buffs her nails*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   "....we nee de crystals inside. De specific crystilization uff de preservink brine... Whoboy."
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   Jess: *is preadying herself to knock him out, discretly*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   Enrico sets down his tool, running a hand back through his hair. "Hokey. Talk.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   *readying*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   William: Righto~*expanding awareness as far into room as possible... avoiding the area too close to the engine. it's not... pleasant*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   Michael: *In the background* I'll science-melt your face!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   Jennifer: *peeks inside the machine while people talk*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm »   Johnny: *In the background* I'll sound-busta cap a'yours, man!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm »   Dr. Beard turns pale.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm »   Meawhile, Claire is having an adventure down a corridor! Theres a lo of neat machines back there!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm »   Claire: Wheeee!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm »   David: Err... Mister whoever your name is and your friend... is there any way we could persuade you guys to let us use this machine so we can get parts out of it? We kinda need them...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm »   But then she starts wondering how the brine is special, and if it would work well preserving deep-sea specimens normally damaged by pressure changes...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm »   "Enrico. Enrico Moretti. And my.... parter, Carmine Bianca. Am actualy in middle of diseembling... If I have help to do so, then... hhmmmm. Only the crystal?"
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm »   Jane: [to herself] *siiiiigh* figures it'd be something complicated.....
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm »   Ravel looks like he could have a heart attack, but nods- theres really no other way.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   David: Well, I'd feel kinda icky leaving the rest of it around for bad people to mess with, but we really do only need the crystal, and we're only here for a limited time anyway...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   Xerox glances at Enrico. "...Knife and Cudgel." he is ignored.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   Michael and Johnny: *Basically being useless*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   lilDemo:... As wong as the cweatuwe inside dies.*oddly stern for a child*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   Claire: *examining the neat machines!*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   Claire: *not good at staying with the group. Or on topic*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:57 pm »   He looks down at Demo, raising an eyebrow. "Am planning to kill... more use to dissect, then alive. And woul be... troublesome."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm »   Claire hears something moving back in a hallway.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm »   Claire: *ears perk up* ? *goes to look*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm »   lilDemo:*nods* Good.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 pm »   Chic: *To Eustace* We can't just leave, u ntil we're sure it's dead , then. Tell me-what's it vunerable to? Poison? Electricity? Anything in particular?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm »   Dr. Beard: *sets Mimic in bucket* Keep in mind that we need the crystalline solution the way it is. Electrical pulses could alter it, as could some poisonous substances...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm »   Eustace looks a little far off. "...Electricity works well. Certain poisions. Technichaly, it needs to be activated before they wrest."
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm »   lilDemo: Ewectwicity shouwd kiww it, but I doubt ouw hosts wouwd appweciate that. Tends to ruin dewicate pawts
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm »   Jennifer: *looking around the inside of the machine still*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 pm »   In a hllway, Carmine calmly slips an arm around Claires neck, eyes narrowed.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm »   Claire: Buh?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm »   Jennifer sees something stirr.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm »   Claire: *confused* Mister Bianco?
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm »   (too bad Demsdale isn't here. )
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm »   Jennifer: ? *tries to get a closer look*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm »   "...What are you all doing here. Enric is a trusting fool in his sparking place." carmine hisses, eyes glinting.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm »   One of the creatures inside is moving, faintly.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm »   Claire: We're looking for something because the time machine is kinda broken but not all the way.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm »   JenniferOOC: What's the roll for shutting down a hive engine?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Jennifer: *watches it* Hey, you guys might wanna back up.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   David: ...that thing is just creepy
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Carmine blinks. "...Time machine? Who is you."
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Claire: I'm Claire.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Jane: [BACKS UP]
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Mimic: *slips back all the way into bucket*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   Jennifer: *keeps watching*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm »   David: Err... we're, uh... the Prism Rangers?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   Eustace slooooowly looks up. "Oh... oh dear. You fool! The temprature regulations have been damaged! The chills of the stone were all keeping it stable before now... everyone back up. NOW!"
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   David: *Takes a step back*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   Dr. Beard: *shields bucket just in case*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   -David, Carmine is only speaking to Claire, whos a hallway aaway.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   Chic: *draws a few weapons, but is cooly aiming at the...creatures, as she backs up*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   Jane: [backs up some more]
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm »   William: ...*don'tpanicdon'tpanicfearisthelittledeath. backing up, scrolls in hand*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   David: Uh oh...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   Andrew steps back, as does Xerox. Enrico looks up, seeming mild... picking up a small tuning fork. he hits it on the ground, and it prodice a long, strange, layered chime- prodicing keys of the Heterodyne Hum, which suddenly stills the hive.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   (Ok, David won't have backed up then)
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   lilDemo:*backs up, setting lightning gun to deepfry*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   Jennifer: *still watching* Oh. Useful.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   David: Guys! Get back! I think I might be able to... um... *isn't sure what he can do, but feels like he's got to do SOMETHING*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   Jane: Oh. ........phew.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   Claire: What's wrong with Mister Moretti being sparky?
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm »   lilDemo: I see...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm »   Rolf attempts to both shield Eustace, and not get in his way.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm »   Enrico sets the tuning fork down. "...is why dismanteling. Must be done NOW. Would preffer leave intact... such a funny mind."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm »   Carmine, a hallway away, rolls his eyes. "Just say who is."
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm »   Jennifer: Ahhh... well, I should be able to help.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm »   Claire: ...who is what?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 pm »   David: Can't we just break it?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 pm »   Jennifer: That's what we're doing, David.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 pm »   Carmine: Who is you!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Claire: ...I'm Claire?
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Chic: *keeps aiming* Best not to....it's too deadly. David, why don't you get the bobbsey twins to quit their fighting, before they get in the way at the wrong moment?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Eustace has a hand against his head. "...Chic? Hit me, please. Rolf, don;t you stop her." he goes down on one knee, giving her the ability to.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   lilDemo: A few thousand ampews showd do the twick.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Chic: *swiftly knocks Eustace out, before anyone can stopm her*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Mimic: *slips away from Dr. Beard and up to Eustace, writes in glowy pigment on arm* I can fit in small spaces and I'm strong. Can I help?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Claire: *trying to figure out what's wrong with that answer*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm »   Claire: ...am I not Claire?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm »   Crmine coofs, and lets claire go- setting some patch on the back of her head, reading off a screen attached to it.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm »   Chic: *grabs Eusatce and keeps him from hitting the floor*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm »   Claire: Buh?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm »   David: Miss Mimic... do you think you can get inside there? If you cna slip inside and get back out, we might be able to sneak some sort of bomb or something in there...
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm »   David: Er, but that... crap. That might damage the crystals...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Jess: No, Mimic.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Jennifer: Can't we just dismantle it like the guy who's been studying it for 10 years suggested?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   David: Do we have TIME, Jennifer? I didn't think we did...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Jess: Mimic, thank you. B ut let's let the sparks who know about it tell us what to do, okay?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Enric has begun to pull of another panel.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Dr. Beard: We are NOT sending Mimic into a hive engine! Mimic, get back here immediately!
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm »   Enrico looks at Jennifer. "...what you idea?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 pm »   Dr. Beard: Err... thank you, Jennifer and Jess.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 pm »   William:*looks around* Where's Claire?
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 pm »   Jennifer: Well, he thinks we do. And I kinda know how it works, so I should be able to help you dismantle it without activating any of the failsafes or anything.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 pm »   Claire: *being confused by Carmine*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm »   Carmine stars at his machine, pulls it off her neck, and throws it to the ground. "...broken."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm »   David: *Thinks* um... umm.... wait... I think I may have an idea. What does that thing do when it gets open? Didn't someone mention a lot of bugs or osmething?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm »   Fredric blinks, and darts off. "Claire!!"
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm »   Claire: *wibble* Da says I'm not... not that much...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:15 pm »   Ande reaches out, and touches Davids shoulder. "...It releases a Hive. A single producing creature, and a swarm of soldiers. The 'mother; will releas small insecs, yes, known as Hiver Bugs... these create Renevants. Beings under the mental control of the Other, or anyone imprinted to a proper voice frequency. They will do anything the Other, or such a figure, says. Sometimes they ar emindless, slavering monsters. OTHER times... you would never know, until suddenly they kill you."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   Carmine looks at claire, blinking. "Not you. Machine. Supposed to track infomration. Just got explosions and sparkles. Phah."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   David: Um... well, I kinda think I may have an idea, then. To take out the things inside without damaging the crystals.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   Claire: *ears droop, and wibbles*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   Chic: *extends her exoskeletal arm guards, and is aiming two odd ray guns on her right side, while keeping ahold of Eustace with her left arms* Rolf, grab the big goof, so I can have both arms free.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   Enrique sets up hs tool kit, unscrewing a pin. Speak, then."
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm »   Claire: I th-think your machine works f-fine...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm »   Rolf: *grabs Eustace, holding him easily*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm »   David: Um... well, the real problem isn't the machine itself, right? It's all the bad monsters inside....
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm »   "Yes- machine..."
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm »   Chic: *is now aiming four guns at the hive creatures, just in case*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm »   William:*chases after Fredric* wait up bossman!
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   Carmine: ...Nahhhhh. You too smart have smart eyes, Mizz. Go and join the group.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   Fredric is in a frothing panick and tackles claire. "GetawayfrommySISTER!! Ar eyou okay?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   David: So what we could do, if we can find enough wiring, is rig one of Chic's lightning guns to a net of exposed metal wires we weave around the outside of the machine. When it opens, the electrical charge would zap all the bugs real good, and we could fight off any of the stragglers... and it'd have to run out of bugs eventually, right? We could get the crystals when it does.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   Eustace stirrs in rolfs arms a little, opening hsi eyes. "....Rolf?"
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   Dr. Beard: *is really missing her high-velocity gene-destabilizing injector*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm »   David: If we try and dismantle it, we might run out of time. And if we try breaking it, the stuff inside that we need might get smashed too
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   Rolf: Ya? Are hyu okay, herr Eustace?
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   William: Excuse us, bossman gets a bit protective~ His only sister yanno~*grins in a friendly manner but still between Fredric and Carmine*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   David: So... um... *trying to think..it's hard* The best way to deal with it would be to deal with the monsters inside in a way that prevents the machine itself from being damaged as much as possible
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   Dr. Beard: ...I know nets. I can help with nets.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   Jennifer: *points* Well, that's a basic pressure-plate switch... press on it, and current flows, theoretically activating the hive. I know there should be at least three different power sources counterbalanced, so taking two of them out will activate the third one. And if you just go for the middle control unit you'll activate some hairpin trigger (I don't know what) and set the whole thing off.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   Jennifer: To begin with.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm »   Chic: *calmly baps Eustace again*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm »   Claire: *sniffles and wipes her eyes* Mister Bianco didn't hurt me, Fredric...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm »   Eustace ducks, fluidly, out of the way of Chic.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm »   lilDemo: poison?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm »   Fredric picks up Claire, growling at Carmine.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm »   Enrico quietly listens to the debate. "...electricity would kill the mother hive. Would release still many warriors."
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm »   Chic: Dammit, we don't have time for this! *shoots Eustace with one of the guns-the disorientation* Now stay out!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm »   David: That's the point. We don't shock the hive itself. Just the warriors that get out.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm »   David: When it runs out of warriors, we go in and grab the crystals.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm »   Jennifer: *examining the inside of the hive for more traps*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm »   "Cannot. Hivers will release eventualy."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm »   David: ... darn. Hmm...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm »   Mimic would be the one to spot, by the way, that a vent is releasing brine.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm »   Rolf: If he didn't tell me to allow hyu to do dot....*growls*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm »   David: Then maybe our only hope is to let that Jennifer girl and you try and deactivate it.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm »   Eustace: [b]...I see. Sturmovause indeed.[ /b] with that, he crumples again, neatly.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Mimic: ?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Michael: ....*Bruised* ok... I'm ready to admit that maybe we need to stop fighting now...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Enrico becons Jennifer over, discussing with her how to open it.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Chic: Yeah..pick him up agin, will you, Rolf? We'll talk later.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Johnny: *Sprained ankle* Yeah, man...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Mimis looks down into a insect face, which has crawled out of a exaust vent.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm »   Rolf: *seething* Yes. We. Will.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Jennifer: *discussion*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   William: Bossman~ He didn't hurt her. No killing the nice sociopath~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Dr. Beard: *trying to find Mimic without letting frightening people know she's loose around the hive engine*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Claire: *hugging Fredric* Aww... don't kill Mister Bianco! He's awesome!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Claire: *hugging Fredric* Aww... don't kill Mister Bianco! He's awesome!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Mimic: *cuttlefish snatch!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm »   Fredric calms down, slowly- hugging Claire back. "Fine. Fine..."
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:26 pm »   The group at large might notice Mimic monching something from a pipe.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:26 pm »   David: ...Um, Miss Mimic? What are you doing?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm »   Ravel blinks, and stares from Eustace to chic. "...vhot...?"
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm »   lilDemo:... Whatevew we do. I suggest we do it soon...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm »   Mimic: *brings still-struggling but fatally wounded insect back to group, and presents it to the ones around the hive engine*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm »   Chic: LATER, E-Ravel! Rolf heard him ask me to knock him out.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm »   Jennifer: *ignoring Mimic, and trying to determine the fastest way to shut down a hive engine with Enrico*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm »   William: See, all friends here~
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   Rolf: *nods, grimly* Ve'll heff a leedle chat. later. But now, schmot guy, vot ve do about this? *waves hand at engine*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   Claire: *picks up the machine off the floor* It's not broken... well, it might be now... *offers it back*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   Enrico: Hmm... am only seeing ways to shut down the HIVE, the warriors are not shitting down...
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   David: Err...um... guys? This isn't ... uh... I think the device might be... LEAKING...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   Carmine blinks, and takes it... "...Thanking."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm »   Dr. Beard: Mimic put that down! No wait, don't put it down! Give it to me, honey, carefully...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Enrico slowly looks up, as another warriot creature slowly slips out the vent.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   lilDemo: If we pwevent the hive fwom pwoducing swavews we can just kiww the wawwiows.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Jane: Your 'net' idea...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Dr. Beard: Everyone needs to stop what they're doing and look at what Mimic caught!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   David: .... that's it. Miss Mimic? Please get back. Everyone, get ready. Hero rule number #13... "Sometimes the only way out is THROUGH... the hull."
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Chic: *calmly* Then we just set up a force field around it, and buy some time* *shoots the new one*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Jane: [looks at Mimic] What's that...?
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   lilDemo:*waiting with knife. Through the eye of warrior*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm »   Jennifer: Hm. Well, maybe we should just do that?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   Mimic: *crunches bug for good and gets back*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   Jennifer: David, stop that!
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   Enrico quietly looks at Jennifer. "....think we disable now. Fast.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   Jennifer: I mean, given how gunhappy everyone else is, we could probably just make all them kill the warriors. *nods at him*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   Mimic: *offers bug to Mom, who shows it to Jane*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm »   David: Miss Jennifer, bugs are already starting to come out! We're officially running out of time.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Jennifer: *shutting down machine!* Yes, but smacking into the engine is not going to help.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Andrew draws out a rapeir from the inside of his coat, and calmly spears another as it clambers out- a swarm is beginning to crawl out the vents, more brine leaking out over the hive.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Jane: ....oh dear.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Jane: [@Chic] You said something about a force field?
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Chic: David, let Jennifer work! Just kill bugs! *starts zapping*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   lilDemo:*calmly shooting warrior wasps*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   Chic: yep! Got one, jane?
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm »   William:... I hear shooting.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   David: On it! *Readies his arm-*....uh oh....
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   Claire: *ears perk up* Ooooh...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   Dr. Beard: *starts work on somewhat complex variation on a gill net using spare wire*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   As Jennifer and Enrico move, the hive explodes- the vents crawling with climbing, moving, thrashing shapes- angular bugs with rzor sharp 'arms', attempting to attack the group.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   David: I'm armless! Crap... *Looks at a bug and smacks it with a leg* Guess I'll just have to fight with those martial arts move thingies... and this lead pipe! *Swings pipe*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   Dr. Beard: *expands net!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm »   Fredric trots back out to the main room- holding claire wtill.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Jess: *suddenly sprouts dozens of whip thin arms, and starts grabbing bugs*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Jennifer: *climbs partway into the machine, still avoiding the traps she'd seen* Ok, so it's this one over here...
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   William:*chasing Fredric* Wait for me bossman~!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Claire: Ooooooh... neat!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   David: *Turns to Claire* Claire! Make Splodies! Blow up the bugs!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Dr. Beard: Miss Chic, help me electrify this!
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   David: TRY YOUR VERY HARDEST TO MAKE KABOOMS!
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Jane: [tinkering] Got something. If you can help upscale it...
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   lilDemo:*calmly shooting warriors. efficiently*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Mimic: *hunts!*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm »   Chic: On it! *electrifies it for Beard*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   David: *Swinging his lead pipe at a warrior*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Claire: ...bwa? I have explosives... but Da says I'm not supposed to set them off this close to people...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Enrico is working swiftly with jennifer- gritting hsi teeth as the whole device... stirrs. "If this doesn;t work, someone be ready to kill it!"
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Jess: *ripping lots of bugs in half*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Andrew: I think we have an exeption, claire. 8stabbing the beasts lefts and right* Small force blasts, if you can!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Mimic: *is good at hunting! Would make a Jaeger proud!*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   William: Well~ How's about I contain the blasts claire m'girl~?
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Jane: ...GOT IT!
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm »   Rolf: *Drags Eustace back as far away as he can, and stands guard! Kills any bug that gets in range*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   Claire: YAY! *grabs explosives out of her coat and starts hurling them at bugs* Eeeeeeeeee!
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   Jane: [with Chic, a force field of indeterminate size appears.]
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   David: if only that energy sword in my arm worked right! *Grumbling as the sword accidentally pops out and impales a warrior, tand then vanishes again* Stupid energy weapon! *He dives in front of Jennifer and Enrico, keeping the bugs off of them*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   [Unfortunately, everyone is inside it.]
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   Jennifer: *shutdown!*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   William:*focusing blasts away from people and only at wasps*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm »   Dr. Beard's net electrifies any bugs coming in contact with it and moves in response to the air currents generated by buzzing wings. The ones that try to retreat get stuck and cut up in the wire.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   David: Stupid sword that can cut anything... never works when I want it to... or even when it'd be convenient to. *Swings a lead pipe at the bigger bugs, trying to keep the littler ones off of him*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   A bug leaps at Jennifer- claws up.
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   Jane: [withdraws two large, sharp swords from her purse, and wields 'em like she knows what she's doing.]
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   David: *Baps the bug off of Jennifer*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   Chic: *snap! Crackle! Pop!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   Dr. Beard: *controlling net!*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm »   David: Grr... just a lead pipe one-handed isn't very good for this... grr..
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   Jennifer: Thank you, David. *works*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   Mimic: *sneak sneak sneak SQUISH CRUNCH*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   David: Um, Miss Jennifer, keep working! I'll... break this thing... eventually! *Bap! Bap! Bap! Bap!*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   Jane: Wheeeeeeeee! [spinning around like a dervish]
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   lilDemo:*completely efficient, everyshot a kill, but still has child arms, which are getting a bit tired by now*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm »   The mechanisim stirrs again, something rumbling... from the darkness, something leaps- Xerox has taken a running swipe up onto the top of the machine, next to the vent- holding something sparking. "HEADS UP!"
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm »   Jane: [ready for...?]
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm »   David: Xerox! Ack!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm »   Jennifer: Oh, lovely.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm »   Dr. Beard: Aigh! *is being attacked by one that got past the net!*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm »   Jennifer: *juuust about done*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm »   Xerox shoves his arm down the vent- withdrawing it a litle bloody, and flicks his lit cigarette down after it. A burst of green electiricy pulses out of the vent as Xerox leaps back down. "That;ll kill enough to block the vent. Move FAST."
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm »   David: ...! Dr. Beard! *He's too far away to help and Miss Jennifer and Enrico needs protecting!*
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:41 pm »   Chic: *catching a wave of bugs in the beam of the disorientation ray, causing them to crash*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:41 pm »   Fredric leaps- slamming a fist into the bug attacking Dr. Beard. Carapice goes flying.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:41 pm »   Chic: *goes back to zapping bugs!*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   Claire: *not really afraid of the giant attacking snacks*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   William:*tiny scrolls flying around smaking bugs out of the air*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   Jane: [finished her spin, now precision stabbing]
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   David: *Tackled by one of the bigger warriors* Gah! *Arm flails!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   Dr. Beard is a little shaken, but thanks Fredric and goes back to maneuvering her net.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   David: *Hand glows, as that stupid sword manifests, appearing... and slicing straight through it's head* oh, um...yay?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   The battle rages through, as Jennifer and Enrico work- a sickening moment hangs in the air as the brain suddenly releases- flooding the area in a slick, horrible smelling burst.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   Chic: GRRR!!!! *leaps, grab bug that attacke d David*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm »   David: *Watches as the sword vanishes back inot his hand* ...darn it.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   Jennifer: Ewww...
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   David: *Cougs*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   Jane: [ducks as several warriors come at her]
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   William:...*reaching slowly into hoodie, for a certain scroll, should the worst come to pass*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   Jennifer: *has a concave up graph of 'danger vs panic'*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm »   Ravel has been swinging hsi fists together as a cudgel, and cries out- "AHAH!"- snatching somehing up from the flow.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm »   Rolf: *grabs any bug near Eustace, moving lightning fast*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm »   David: Err... if anyone's been holding back their true power, now is the sort of time we need it
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm »   David: I'm a bit short on hero gadgets here and the power of friendship isn't a tangible thing as far as I can tell!
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm »   Fredric steps forward, looking around. "...I can kill it. But it;ll be wrecked!"
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 pm »   Claire: Awww... where's my nuke?
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm »   David: ... Frederic. Keep Jennifer and that weird guy safe. I'm going to do something stupid.
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm »   Chic: I'd rather be trapped in the past than have that nightmare unleashed. Do what you have to, Fredric.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm »   Fredric blinks, and holds up his hands. "his had better not be too stupid... go for it!"
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm »   Claire: *pouting about her lack of nuke*
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm »   Ok, David is going to run towards the hiver engine... using his lead pipe to smack any of the little wasps he can find. He's going to try and snatch a crystal up if he can see one, then leap out if he can... it's a tricky manuver, so I think I'm going to have to stunt for it... er, wait, wrong system.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm »   SarcasticOOC: Boss you idiot! You'd have to roll a nat 20 for that!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm »   FuzzyOOC: What's a natural 20?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm »   Sarcastic, far away, feels the urge to scream aout dice systems.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm »   SarcasticOOC: Before your time, kid. Here. *Hands Fuzzy a twenty sided die*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm »   lilDemo:*manages to loose lighning gun to a warrior and is now using knife to fight off several at once*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm »   Andrew picks up lilDemo, and sets him on his shoulders- stabbing a warrior.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm »   Sarcastic: *On the other side of time and space* ...why did I just shout about natural 20s? I think I'm going insane. *Sees Ruby and smiles a bit* Oh, nice to meet you too!
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm »   David manages to grab a crystal, but sustains a few woulds- fredric grints his teeth and brings up a blue, sparkling sheild. "JENNIFER! Tell me you have a sollution!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm »   Claire: *causes explosions!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm »   Ruby: Kiddy!
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm »   lilDemo:*grumps and stabs a warrior trying to get the drop on Andrew*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm »   Jennifer: Oooooh, there are FOUR power supplies, That makes more sense.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm »   Jennifer: Hey, Enrico, do you think you can disable those two at the same time I disable these two?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   Ravel helps rolf hoist up Eustace, who is still dead asleep.Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   David: *Running running running Mario-leap on top of a warrior's head! Running! Running! Running! Looking for crystals to snatch!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   Enrico: Yes- can Do!
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   Chic and Jess: *killing b ugs*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   Jane: [fighting two warriors... and slips and falls.]
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   David manages to collect several crystals as he runs, finding them clinging to the warriors here and there.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm »   Xerox: Jane! *grasps her arm, and hauls her up*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Jane: [gets up, red-faced and angry] HEROES-DO-NOT-SLIP!!
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Jennifer: Ok, on three... *aims her gun, and sets her elbow against another* One... two...
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Jane: [charges forward, pretty pissed]
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   lilDemo:*to Andrew* This is nevew to be bwought up again. *stabbing the occasional warrior that gets too close*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Claire: ...wait, Miss Narbon isn't a Hero. *confused*
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Jennifer: THREE! *slambang!*
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm »   Andrew: Of course, of course...
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   Enrico slams into the right sports- and the whole machine suddenly rumbles....
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   Claire: *has been grabbed by a bug, and is bapping it*
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   lilDemo: good.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   David: *Coughs* What the heck is that smell...ick...hard to... think... *Looks over at Mimic* Miss *cough* Mimic! Catch the shinies and keep them safe! *Hopes she heard him and throws crystals to her*
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   Jane: You- [grunt] know- [grunt] -what I mean.
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm »   The whome mechanisim suddenly collapses- chalting in it;s unfurling. The warriors continue to crawl out, but are suddenly slower- less organized.
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 pm »   Jennifer: Awesome.
Demothesis « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 pm »   William: Nicely done miss Jennifer~! Enrico~
Jane Narbon « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 pm »   Jane: Wooo! [stops fighting and tries to grab crystals]
Claire « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm »   Claire: So why are we being attacked by bugs, anyway?
Professor_Tinker « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm »   The crystals are tall and strangley shaped, and fredric relaxes slowly- releasing the magical glow. The behemoth lies... defeated.
Professor Zobot « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm »   David: *Gagging and stumbling out* Gah...
chicgeek « Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 pm »   Jess: *tentacle arms end in sharp stabby points, keeps killing bugs, and hunting under and around the wreckage for more*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm 

-David-

He smirked, tearing off bits of his current shirt to make some makeshift bandages out of for the wounds he got fighting those darn bugs. "Whoo!" He smiled, still a big light headed. "We got the crystal and everyone's still alive! Best way that could have turned out!" He grinned. "Now we just need to... er, how do we get out of here, anyway?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarcastic on her still-pretty-bad-day-

Natalie grabbed a nearby henchman's arm and wrenched it. There was a loud popping noise as the poor saps' shoulder popped out of socket. She scowled and tossed him aside. "I'm REALLY not enjoying this any more than all of you are, you know!" As a henchman started rushing up behind her, she raised her sledgehammer up behind her, which resulted in him crashing face-first into it. "I have classes. I have to STUDY tonight!" She scowled. "When you get down to the core of the matter, I just have no time for this bull<censored for content!" She scowled. "But you guys just HAD to go after the guy who I can't let crap happen to!" She frowned. "This is like, the thirteenth time someone's tried to force Ryan do this dumb stuff? It NEVER WORKS." She swung her sledgehammer in an arc, sending minions flying. "Usually I can stay out of it, but no one's jumping in to save him now, which means we get to have this fun the Natalie-way." She grumbled. "And you're holding my friends hostage too! Can't deal with that!" She shouted as she kicked a minion in the head, sending him flying itno some of his compatriots.

Der Somethingorother scowled. "Quit trying to engage her hand-to-hand! Minions! Shoot your tiger-painted bullets that induce DEATH!"

Natalie blinked. "Tiger-painted WHAT? ACK!" She dived behind an overturned labtable as shots rang out. One of the shots collided with a nearby stool, causing it to tip over, falling against a table and knocking over a jar containing a little green thing that was hopping up and down excitedly. It was nearby and she didn't like thinking about what would happen if the jar smashed against the floor, so she darted out with her hand and grabbed it, pulling it up against her chest. "Sheesh... poor guy." She set the jar down on the floor next to her and scowled. "Frig... what I wouldn't give for some kevlar... <or a suit of magic chainmail.>" She mumbled, in an ancient and now forgotten language. "Crap. What do I do now?" She considered her options, clutching her sledgehammer as she heard the footsteps of minions with guns drawing closer...

Sarcastic blinked as she heard the little voice peeping on her head. "...how did you-" She shushed herself and looked over at the jar. Sparkles?!? Wait..if she could turn a jar into that, then maybe... Sarcastic thought. "Yes. It is a kiddy up there. And he's so sad and lonely..." She spoke nicely to the little cleeselet, as she pulled her hands out of the ropes tying them to the chair and began undoing the ropes around her legs.

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Weren't you tied up a few minutes ago?"

Sarcastic rolled her eyes. "Oh Ryan. That was a few minutes ago." She stood up once she was unbound, and got on top of the chair, picking up the little pink cleeselet and holding her up towards Khans' netted body. "So yeah... the Kiddy is really sad and lonely and he needs a hug! But you need to get through those icky nets to hug him... do you think you can do that?" She raised the litle pink cleeslet up just beneath Khan's nose...

Khan blinked. "Wait, what's going on?"

-Meanwhile, back in the 1970's, but in America...-

"Sir! We can't hold out like this!" An agent of Interpol shouted as he ducked under a high flying leg. "These Disco-Ninjas are overkill! Their dance-fighting is too powerful! Their moves... too fresh! Too original!" Suddenly, a ninja in a puffy fro head-butted him while grooving out. The agent crumpled.

"WHa hah hah!" Sargent Bradshaw of Interpol, a fresh 20-something man with bright red hair and a fierce mustache, cackled. "Take heart, men! These blighters are nothing for a well trained regiment of the world's finest!" He detected a presence creeping funkily up behind him. "Just... let me put on my Dancin' shoes!" He laughed as he abruptly reached behind his back and grabbed a jivin' ninja, throwing him into a wall as the Sargent scooted out onto the Dance Floor.

He'd apprehend the notorious Psychadelic Jones, if it was the last thing he did!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 pm 

Loki

"One vaguely worded wish commin' up~!" Loki, standing sideways, dropped a long tunic of chainmail into Natalie's lap. It was obviously Valkyrie in style, not the frilly looking stuff you see in fiction. It was rough, dented and scratched from prior use, had a cape of crows feathers.

And was currently giving off a blinking light, alternating colors and patterns like an old disco floor.

"It'll stop bullets easy~" The god of mishief and trickery said with a smirk. She'd have little choice but to accept and hate Loki for it. An even better bit of fun for Loki was that it would always be nearby now, and blinking like this, getting the attention of anyone who was observant enough. Of course no one here could see Loki, except Sarcastic. She'd been involved in the supernatural, no reason to hide from her, and Loki always did like annoying Shemmyzaya with his presence.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked around at the dead wasp bodies, and at the other group members carrying crystals out of the destroyed hive.

"Well," she said. "Now that that's over, I don't suppose anyone has any objection to me doing this."

And she grabbed and blew the air horn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 pm 

-Back in Present Times...-

The group had been gone for a few hours now, and Mechnicsburg it;s self was still celebrating the triplets birth- well, the Heterodyne had vanished. But, hell, they did that from time to time. If he was gone for more then a few days, they would worry. And the general feeling was that, until they were instructed differently, they weren't helping by being too tense.

However, here and there there were pockets of tenseness. Villagers here and there spoke quietly and tensely, remembering the last time something like this had happened- picking apart history for clues on the outcome. More then a few Jagers were among these numbers, or formed into their own little tight knots of worry.

It was Eustace, he would be alright. But there were those Xyclon folk- you know how much wierdness goes on over there. What if they don;t come back? Wasn't that Rolf with them? But the black hat boys got into these things... heck, Little Andy got in these things all the time. Remember the silver goose? Or the mechanichal clothes eating Phirana? Thats right...

It would be alright, surely. Just an adventure.

It would be alright.

Meanwhile....

The little green one looked up at his rescuer, hopping determinedly- managing to pop the lid off. He hopped out, and made angry grrring sounds at the levitating god- scaring him off with little waves of hi nubby arms. Well, he believed he was doing so. Who wouldn't be cowed by his clear feral power?

"Grr! Gr! Wr! Arrr! RRR!" he peeped, demanding that he go away and stop being so annoying.

The little pink one gasped- oh no! The kiddy! It needed HUGS! She peeped, and waved her little arms- concentrating...

"Uuuuu...kyuuu.... uuuuu... wu... AH!" there was a poof- a miniature mushroom cloud of glitter going up, as Khan was dropped to he ground, a little pink blob clinging happily to his head, eeeeeing.

-Some Time Ago In the Past... but not that long, yet-

Andrew wiped gunk off of his sleeves, making a face. Those long claws had sliced the edges of his coat to ribbons. Well, he;d repaired clothing before, at least. He shuddered a little, looking up at the broken hiver orb. If it had opened... he shuddered to think.

Ravel grinned, and slapped David on the back. "Goot! Dots perfect- ve heff more then enough!" He took off his coat, and helped David stack the crystals into it, o keep the together- he glanced over at Eustace, who was being helped from the floor by Boris... what exactly had happened there?

"...So... I imagine I;m going to need to explain about that." Eustace smiled, looking a little sheepish... the expression wilting a little bit in Boris' sternness.

"Er... I am T'otheron, Dragon King of Mars? Oh, dont look so sour- I always wanted to say that."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm 

Wally sighed, and started wiping various bits of bugs off his arms. He was getting a little tired of having to get into fights where he couldn't do anything but punch things again. Granted, he was pretty good at it, but it would be nice to have been able to use the rail guns, currently lying somewhere in the pier, or his sword, which couldn't very well swing nicely in the slightly cramped quarters here. Still, at least it wasn't like he wasn't there for the fight or anything. Just... helping out on the side.

As Eustace spoke up, Wally chuckled. "I don't know about you, but that seems like a perfectly legitimate reason to me." Smiling, he walked around the various bug corpses to stand by Chic. "I'm willing to assume you've got a good reason, but if you want to explain it now, feel free." Looking over at the destroyed hive, he raised an eyebrow. "I think we might have a bit of time for explanations..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm 

Rolf stands ready to assist Eustace, but he looks steady on his feet. Steady enough to be cracking jokes, so it looks like he's up for questions.
"Sir, hyu let her knock hyu out...und vhen hyu vere comink out of it, she shot hyu. If dot's going to keep heppining, ve need to know vhy. If Ravel und Hy had not heard hyu giff her hyur permission to do that...." Rolf shrugs. He doesn't need to elaborate.

Chic gives Wally's hand a quick squeeze, then nods at Rolf's words. "You told me if....a certain thing happened, it would...would cause something else to happen, and that I should do what I did. I stayed close to you, and kept my eyes open. And find I needed to bop you one without what you warning me about happening. Okay, admittedly, we didn't have time to discuss the matter thoroughly before being swept away, but we'd better make time now. . We have to depend on each other if we're going to get back home, and who knows what we'll run into next? I may not be able to be beside you next time you need a thwap to the head."
Jess adds dryly, "At least tell the ones here who've sworn an oath to you, T'otheron. Andy, Fredric, Ravel, and Rolf will have to keep their traps shut, and sounds like you spilled the beans to the Geek already." Jess grins. "And if you're the Dragon King, then I'm Podkayne of Mars."

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 pm 

~Claire~

"...wait, I thought Saint Podkayne was a martian..." Miss Jess is confusing sometimes. And I dunno what the big deal about Lord Eustace is... I poke him with my wrench. "Why is everyone from Mars all of a sudden? The Martians aren't even here."

~Jennifer~

She rolled her eyes. People, sometimes... "Can't Chic just knock Eustace out whenever he turns into someone else? I don't see why there's a fuss about this."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 pm 

-Checking up on some long-past due characters-

Drezebel scowled. "BORED!" She sat in Mama Gitkas, the prized pair of pants on her head as she nursed a drink at the bar. "Man, Mama Gitka's is way less interesting when antsy jaegers are keeping everyone from coming or going." She scowled. "I didn't even do anything to the Heterodyne, except steal his pants, why are they suspecting me?" She frowned.

There was an irate jingle nearby. Drezebel turned to see Elleb, sitting there with a little iron shackle around her leg, chained to the bar. "Oh. Huh, yeah, I guess you do have it worse, don't you? They're suspicious of me. But YOU'RE Magic and making things disappear is pretty magic-y. You're like, suspect number one or something, aren't you?"

Elleb rang dejectedly.

Drezebel nodded. "Yeah, I don't know where that Eta boy went either. You keeping tabs on him for a reason, or...?"

Elleb nodded and jangled.

Drezebel laughed. "The old fairy godmother bit? Hah! That's fun. You're ok, kid." She smirked. "Hey... you know what? Howsabout we rampage a bit in Mechanicsburg, just to put the townsfolk at ease? I bet they get nervous when things get this... quiet."

Elleb nodded and then frowned, looking at the iron shackle, and chimed sadly.

Drezebel smirked. "THAT? That iron band is like, the size of a paperclip. Let me rustle up two cocktail forks and a horsehair brush and I'll have you out of there in less time than it takes for one of Jane Narbon's slap patches to kick in."

Meanwhile...

Shemyazza swayed her hips and thought. "Let me see... you need Michael "Toboz" to stop fighting anything the Zobot Arm left in his head and become the little engine of armageddon he was intended to be, correct? Well, I can think of two fairly decent ways to do it. A faster one and a safer one. But according to the ancient rituals, you only get the one bit of information out of me. Which is it? The safe route or the fast one?"

"The f-fast one."

Shemyazza smirked. "Are you suuuuure?"

"Yes."

Shemyazza smirked. "Alrighty then! Let's see... Michael's primary anchor, psychologically speaking, is those bonds of love and friendship he's had the misfortune to get tangled up in. Any evil he's got is being choked out by them." A sly smile crossed her face. "But that can in fact also be turned into a weakness. If one of his closest confidents were to be removed by his own hand, Michael's strength of will would collapse like a stack of cards."

"You propose that the Tinker hei-heir be s-slain." The voice sounded skeptical.

Shemyazza laughed. "Hah! That wouldn't work at all! For starters, he's PROBABLY invincible. Even us magic-types aren't sure what we're looking at when we scan Frederic Tinker... even if he COULD be killed, any attempt to do it sneakily would probably fail and trigger a long and drawn out confrontation which would be counterproductive. And if it even HAPPENED, all that would result would be that Michael would be enraged against whoever committed the crime. Try to keep up here. I said you needed MICHAEL to do the deed."

"...explain."

Shemyazza sat down in chair that hadn't been there before. "If Frederic were to... say... "disappear" in an accident involving a device Michael was testing, and then seemingly not return, Michael would likely assume the worst. That he killed his best, closest friend. This would then kick-start a downward spiral of inner angst and self-hate which would twist Michael up inside and gradually cause him to alienate himself from everyone else around him. ESPECIALLY if a certain over-protective father of Frederic's blamed him as well. In this context Michael's new girlfriend might even prove beneficial at first; she'd likely encourage any evil or self-destructive behaviors in him, at least at first." She started to look bored. "All you have to do is arrange for an "accident" that sends Frederic somewhere he can't easily get back from, or send word back from. Such places are not unknown to either of us. Simply trap him in a hallway and hide both exits." She crossed her legs. "It'd only have to last a few weeks at most, so it doesn't even have to be permanent. Naturally, however, any other stabilizing influences on Michael such as his henchman or his girlfriend would eventually have to be removed from the experimental situation in order to achieve the final result, but that's the easiest part."

Images of Demothesis and Jennifer appeared between the two of them, made out of animated smoke. With a single puff of air Shemyazza dispersed them both.

"And what of the... anomolies?"

The smoke shifted, taking on distinct blue and reddish tinges, as two little smokey blobs hopped around in the air.

Shemyazza rolled her eyes. "Oh, THEM? They're of no concern. Look at them! They can't even talk... what could they possibly do?"

"I... agree. Your plan is sound."

Shemyazza stood up. "Just remember, I am utterly unresponsive for the outcome of this stratagem. I am JUST the service provider here. If you go through with this, it's your own head if it fails." She tossed her hair. "Although it's quite contrary to your nature to even consider such tactics, isn't it?"

"Yo-you will stop speaking now."

She cackled. "Tell me. Do you remember your true purpose, Reason? Do you remember who and what made you?"

"I am under no obligation to answer yo-you."

"You aren't, are you? INT-eresting." Shemyazza's smile widened. "Although, as a service provider, I should warn you that this plan can backfire on you rather easily... if Frederic is somehow freed, or Michael at any point realizes-"

"I am departing. Enjoy your failure to tempt the NPC girl, Shemy-ya-shemyazza."

Shemyazza scowled. "Hmmph. How very rude!" She turned back to her viewing mirror. "Now then... Little Sarcastic, let's hear that wish... your situation is only going to get worse, and you won't let one of your friends die just to esca- wait, she
WHAT?
"

-Svafa-

Svafa paused. "YOU... are the son of Loki." She repeated herself, as if twisting the idea around in her head. "...and you have just four limbs." She looked at him skeptically. "And you're sane." She started walking around him, sizing him up, entirely confused. "And your lower half isn't a rotting corpse-thing like Miss Hel..." She tilted her head. "And you're not a horsey..." She paused. "Or a shapeshifter, as near as I can tell... so... he adopted you, or did he actually...?"

She was just SO confused!

-Michael and Johnny-

"Hah... huff... fa..." Michael panted. "Oh... I think I got the murderous rage out of my system for a while. How about you?"

Johnny wheezed, recovering from a stomach blow. "Y-yeah... me too, dawg..."

Michael sat up. "Ok... maybe we should stop being useless."

Johnny shrugged. "Where are we, anyway, yo?"

-Natalie, Khan, Sarcastic, and Ryan-

Natalie scowled at the armor. Then at Loki. Then at the Armor. Her cup of rage had bubbled over. "I... grr..." She prevented herself from swearing around the little green thing. It felt wrong. Instead, she put it on her shoulder and took a deep breath. "Because of course you'd just make the armor hover around me and forget that it takes TIME to put chainmail on." The men with guns started approaching from the right. "Also, shut up, you don't exist." She glared at him, then at the men who had guns pointed at her. "...there's something you should all know." She paused. "...I love to play pool. Rack 'em up!" She grabbed the armor and flung it at Loki. The armor collided with him, sending him flying into the crowd of guards, who didn't have a chance to fire before the surprised god bowled them over. She scowled and watched as the suit of armor bounced off a wall and slammed into some of the guards coming from the other side of the table, tossing her hair and looking down at the astonished green blob. "Multiball." She grinned, as she retrieved her hammer.

"Wait, Sarcastic, what are you doing with that WAAA!" Khan panicked as his bindings suddenly vanished and gravity did it's work. He smacked itno the floor with a loud "THUD!" before starting to recover.

Sarcastic had scrambled out of the way, pulling the little pink blob back otno her shoulder for a moment. She needed something to tell Khan. He was going to recover and be pissed. Probably at her. She needed to redirect that rage. "Hey... Khan. What did these do to you again?"

Khan rose, loudly growling. "They shot me. IN THE FRIGGIN BUTT!" He rawred and pounced at a group of surprised guards. "Do you have any idea how much that HURTS?!?"

Sarcastic paused... and then quickly brought her hand up to cover the scene of applied non-bloody violence from being seen by the little pink blob. "Good girl, by the way." She whispered to it.

Der Säbelzahntiger watched the scene, shocked. "This is certainly not how I intended for my scheme to be foiled. I'm pretty sure this wasn't how ANYONE would expect their scheme to get foiled." He took a step back. "Ever."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

David blinked. "Um, I'm not really following much of this at all. Mr. Eustace, aren't you just Eustace? Or are you talking about some sort of double-life sort of thing or something?" He smiled. "It's not that big a deal, though. I mean, I don't think anyone here would be angry with you for anything. You're a great person."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am 

Loki

"Wheeeeeee~!!!"

The ballistic, literally, god careened around the room, slamming into minions and walls enjoying himself far too much. He was rather fond of Natalie and her friends, always at the heart of some of the best chaos.

Liam

Liam frowned at Svafa, crossing his arms and waiting for her to finish her examination. "Yes, well I am the black sheep of the family." It was obvious it was something of a sore subject with the young man. "Now, what is it that you need?" He looked her directly in the eye, sticking the rag he'd been wiping oil off his hands with in the pocket of the dirty overalls. "I've got work to attend to." No one could be this dim, could they? He had a suspicion he was at the butt of another one of his father's pranks.

Elizabeth Cutename

"Rampage?" Elizabeth was standing on the ceiling, having gotten bored standing on the floor. She looked down at the two with a grin. "I could do with a bit of fun till my dad gets back from whatever nonsense he's doing."

lilDemothesis

Demothesis was working on repairing the lightning gun, but looked up at Eustace carefully. Humor was always a good way to dispel suspicion, so he'd be hardly surprised if the Heterodyne had The Other running around in his head. He continued his work with a shrug. If he was too dangerous Agent Colier would have already taken care of him. He considered the gun and his work, this would be easier if he had his usual body, instead of this tiny body with clumsy hands. He was fairly surprised by the level of frustration he was feeling presently, and only barely prevented himself from verbally venting. He took a long breath and stared at the gun, the breath turning into a yawn.

William

William grinned and laughed a bit to himself. "That always was my favorite Heterodyne story." He stretched idylly and "looked" around. Examining more than the human eye could see, even around a few corners.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm 

Fredric gently punched Micheal in the shoulder, glancing at them. He rolled his eyes a little, gesturing for them to get up. He;d grabbed a handkerchief out to hold it over his nose- the brine and the slaver-soldier bodies was really strong to him.

"You two done 'avin yer famileh reunion? We're in e' seventies, and ya missed 'e big excitement." he gestured to the giant, slightly uncurled Hive Engine, still leaking out the thick, salty slurry.

Xerox gently tapped Jess' wrist, tugging her away from the hubub a little. Yadda yadda, Eustaces' weird brain thing- he was less interested in that. What he *was* interested was why a hive had survived all the way to the god damned 1970's. It wasn't as if they hadn't *checked*. And checked. And checked. It was like receiving a report that a bomb had been spotted. It didn't matter if a 14 year old, a lizardman, or a agoraphobic semi-retied supervillian called it in- you *sent* a squad.

"I think i worked up whats with the marble here..." he tapped a small metal plaque on the wall, covered in dust. He wiped it off, and held up his lighter to it- illuminating the letters.

'Tomba di Mongfish'

"...which, frankly, raises another question..."

Eustace took a deep breath, and smoothed his hand over his face.

"...I don;t suppose, Signors, that I could ask you to move out of earshot?" he asked weakly, glancing up at the pair.

They glanced at each other, Bianco scowling- raising a hand up as he was about to speak... bu Enrico grasped his wrist, and lowered it.

"You probably saved us from the hive... I think that's the least we can do, ey? Come on..."

"But, if he;s di-"

"No! Come on." Enrico grabbed his arm, and dragged him back- scolding him in a quiet staccato burst of Italian as he dragged him down a hallway.

Eustace blinked a little- honestly surprised by the action.

"...Well, it goes without saying that this is a secret- *has* to be a secret. Not exactly because it means people would want to replace me as the heir... but more like people would want to replace me with myself... as it were." he took a deep breath. In a way, it felt appropriate, in this place- even if he wasn't aware it was the tomb of the Mongfish, the shattered beast of Lucrezias devising still gleamed in the dim light, like a ghastly tomb stone to the terror of an era, presiding over a court of fallen spirits.

Eustace pulled back his collar, and revealed a gleaming metal amulet, held in place by a iron collar.

"I... carry within me..." the lights gleamed, revealing the curve of... a winged tower.

"The mind of Baron Wulfenbach."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next