Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:15 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-The Real World-
"I beleive that his change in personality and rationality is a simple case of mental exhaustion; no human, no matter how skilled, can remain conscious for more than a set amount of time before dementia sets in... and I have reasons to beleive Mister Radiant is especially so."
A patch of shadows moved, and Wicket stepped out of the space he had been leaning on for the last hour or so. His 'Big Stick' was being casually used as a cane.

"But I presume. Please, follow me Don Radiant, Don Flux. I will lead you back to the infirmary." he said calmly, turning to do just that.

-The Mindscape-
Ricerca frowned, staying on top of Jess' head as he examined teh scene.

"I have to agree with David- I'm scanning the area and I beleive that the ensuing destruction has halted since we arrived, because the focus of the 'attack' has had to switch to *us*." he said, focusing to keep everyone's powers functioning.

As almost half of the remaining vines fell free, Andrew slumped forward from his confinement onto Chic's shoulder. The Mind-Murderer narrowed his eyes, and a forest of spines and Gaping Maws sprang from the ooze, poised to bury the group.

Which was, of course, when Andrew slowly opened his eyes.
"Emily? I thought I heard David... " he said softly, rubbing one eye.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 pm 

"You did hear David. He just shouted to the heavens that you were precious to him." Chic replies matter of factly. She holds Andrew against her shoulder with one arm, while the other continues to tear barbed tendrils away from him.
Jess and Xerox make damn sure the nasty mess can't reattach itself to Andrew all over again, destroying it with a vengance.

Farnsworth, oblivious to the drama taking place inside the M infirmary, is standing politely at the reception desk.
"I couldn't help but notice the giant, er, stone mountain hovering overhead? The ruins on it look vaguely Aztec."
"Really? Are you sure?" The hive mind intern on desk duty keeps a polite tone, while inwardly askance at the elegantly suited man wearing bits of ancient armor before her. They get more crackpots...
Farnsworth smiles, showing his sharp fangs. Suddenly the intern notices the pointed ears...jaeger?
"No, I'm not 100% certain, but I have looted, er, explored my share of ruined civilizations with Dr. Dries, and the ruins currently above us bear a certain resemblance...And I have been spending quite a bit of time recently cataloging the mayan section. I do have some small degree of fluency in the language, if that would be of any assistance in the matter?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 am 

I've managed to fight my way over to Mister Tinker and Miss Chicgeek. The goo isn't really that dangerous, it seems. At least, it hasn't tried to eat me yet, as far as I can tell. "Hey, you're waking up! That's great! Sorry, there are a bunch of us in your brain 'cause of some bad sound that's trying to take over your mind but if you can wake up properly you probably fight it off. Mister Toboz is *really* worried about you, by the way. Oh, and Fredric's worried *and* bored 'cause you won't let him in your head. So the faster you wake up the better." I smash a particularly nasty-looking tendril. "You want a mallet? You can probably get whatever you want in your own head, but I have extra mallets..."

It's too bad he missed Mister Toboz being all awesome and heroic, though... But at least he's waking up. Did Miss Jess say she was going to kill Dr. Diamante when this was over, or did she just that it should be done? Although she did make the 'mad dog' analogy... I *hate* that one. I would just kill him for messing with my friends, but Prim might not approve. Although I think Dr. Harp already stabbed him a bunch...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:32 am 

David closed his eyes, focusing as a dome of fire began to encircle Andrew and Chic, to make absolutely sure that nothing would threaten him further. He winced as he felt the electric feedback kick in as he used his powers. He was in trouble now. As long as he was maintaining the flames to protect Andrew and Chic, he couldn't do anything else with them. The lightning hurt...

The lightning.

Maybe he could use it. He'd been trying to suppress it, but he was having trouble doing that the more he used his powers. But if he channeled it... maybe he could use it!

He was worried. He was pretty sure he was only getting shocked because his diving device was malfunctioning. He wasn't just getting shocked in this mindscape, but in the real world as well. He was worried that meant it might be able to hurt Andrew somehow. It was why he had been trying to contain it. "Bzzzt-B-but... I'll p-p-protect him... no matter what..." he murmured, barely able to hear his own voice. His head spun. Vaguely he wondered why all his hero-ing jobs seemed to involve him getting the snot beaten out of him. David looked up at their foe.

Professor_Tinker wrote:
As almost half of the remaining vines fell free, Andrew slumped forward from his confinement onto Chic's shoulder. The Mind-Murderer narrowed his eyes, and a forest of spines and Gaping Maws sprang from the ooze, poised to bury the group.

David rushed forward, gritting his teeth. He was NOT going to enjoy this...

Spines and Maws darted at him, and he let them strike into him without slowing his feet down. He plunged his left arm, as it crackled with restrained electrical current, straight into the largest clump of ooze he had seen, right below the image of The Mind-Murderer. And he stopped trying to fight the amperes, and conducted.

"Bzzzzzzzzzz-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

His hair stood on end, his body crackled and sizzled, and his clothing brimmed with static, as the electrical current that had been running through the Mind-Diving device ran through David's body and into the ooze, and everything emerging out if it, electrocuting them all... as well as David.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:11 pm 

The electricity tore through the ring of approaching monsters, sending cracked pieces raining onto the library floor. So much had been destroyed that the library was almost back to how it should be- colorful and light, with sunshine streaming down through the glass dome.

The light seemed to revive Andrew a little, as he rubbed his eyes and processed chic's words... and his eyes shot open when he realized what had just happened.
"David!" he yelped, stepping back shakily and looking around. He had to put his hand on his forehead for a moment, still very clearly weakened, before shaking his head firmly and managing to clear himself up a little. He ran over to David and grabbed him, cutting off the electricity for a moment.

"David, are you okay? I'm so sorry- I tried to hold on as long as I could, to give enough time for everyone else to be rescues... but I couldn't hold it." he said.

The Mind-Killer still remained, having retreated to the last blob of ooze as it lay writhing on the ground. His calm expression was slowly dissolving into rage, and the b\lob slowly came up to fill his hazy outline.

"Impossible. Impossible! No matter, no matter... i *will* succeed. There is no way... the Omega is *flawed*, weak, psychologically off balance. It will be easy, yes, easy... as soon as I take care of this interference." The ghostly form and the remaining Ooze *fused*, retaining teh same form and growing spikes and blades, launching at David and Andrew.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:25 pm 

Chic swoops in front of Andrew and David, between them and the mind killer. Her clockwork dopplegangers respond with her thought, and join her, the four of them using their wings as their shield power up.
"I. Don't. Think. So." Chic hisses at him. No way is that getting through to Andrew and David!
Jess launches herself right at the creature, pouring everything she has into assault, not defense. She doesn't bother with banter, or threats-it's a monster, not a person.
Blades tear into her, even as she burns/rips it apart/poisens it. It's hurt, she can't tell just how bad. And if she takes any more damage herself, she'll be out of the mindscape.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:15 pm 

The shocking to start again, but David didn't even seem to notice. He looked down weakly at Andrew, his body pressing against Tinker's. "'s risked everything I had ta sssave you." His eyes fluttered open and closed slowly several times, as he kept seeing the real world instead of Andrew's head. "Mebee... more'n I needed ta?" He gasped. "Andrew... rrrrrruun... keep sssafe..." His virtual body was beginning to turn gray, as in the real world his heart began to tire.

"Only a few moments left. I can even feel my ties to this world severing as we speak." The Shade of Zobot took a few steps out of the virtual body and looked around at the situation, smiling smugly. He was almost exactly a twin for the man that had just slumped over into Andrew's arms, save for two perfectly formed human arms instead of the mismatched single fleshy arm and single robotic one that David possessed. He looked down at his counterpart. "Poor kid. You came so close to actually being a hero for once. I was even starting to respect you. But you know, once you're dead, it's all over." He looked up at the group around him. "Oh, don't mind me. I'm just an old ghost eager to finally cross over to the other side." He raised his arms and closed his eyes. "And now is definitely the perfect time. The reality-warper is too drained to do anything, the people on the outside can't pull the plug without risking killing him ANYWAY, and the only person employed at M with the balls to actually make that call is stuck in here to begin with. There's absolutely no Deus Ex Machina left that could possibly save him. No annoying Hero's Quest nanites to repair his body. No extra lives, like in that inane halloween party Mario dimension. No shot at redemption. No more having to be ignored by a #$%@-in brain damaged physical body with a niceness streak. Just death, and the judgement that comes with it."

He looked over at Jane, smirking, his body flickering as he waited for the reaper. "You look lovely, as usual, my dear. Do try to stay that way... I'm guessing it'll take at least ten to twenty years before I can claw my way out of the afterlife to take my revenge on you and whatever's left of SiB, and I'd really rather kill you while you still look attractive. You know, if you had just friggin' killed SiB and left it at that, even if he DID come back to life later, I would have dropped the whole blackmail thing. I'm hardly dishonorable. And it'll all work out decently in the en- wait, what?"" Suddenly, both the Shade of Zobot and David vanished, the former with a look of total confusion on his face. No elaborate death sequence, no black particles like Sarcastic had had. Just... vanished.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Real World, a few moments earlier...-

Radiant stared at David's electrocuted body, watching it spasm uncontrollably. For a brief moment he looked over at Sarcastic, who was trapped in a large hologram crystal, pounding on the walls. "You should not have tried to attack me. I didn't even get a chance to explain myself. I am not going to harm you. After all, I swore to protect those like you: The helpless. Whoever trained you was competent. But you yourself are not. Your reaction time is much too slow, and your muscles are not developed enough for you to use what you have learned. You are not capable of fighting at my level. And you might not ever be. But that is to be expected... you are, after all, only human."

He turned back to David. "This would have been a fitting judgement for you. I would have had no blood on my hands. And the investigation M would have conducted would have become irrelevant." He let his arms hang at his sides, turning away.

"However..."

"I gave a promise to Flux that my quarry would not die today." He spun around, a blade of light appearing in his hands. Before anyone could react, he thrust it straight into the main power conduit for David's mind-diving device, severing it from any source of power. The electrocution stopped, and David blinked and shook his head, his vision clearing as he looked up at the impassive face of someone who wanted him dead. Very much.

"Umm... did I just fall out of the frying pan into the fire, or did I just get pulled out of the fire back into the frying pan."

Flux was flabbergasted. "R-rads... do you know what you just did? You just directly and knowingly damaged M's property while on a mission. You damaged a government agency's property without any provocation. And it's X-rox's. Not only is this possible grounds for expulsion from the 10 Gentlemen, but you're going to be in deep crap with the U.S. government as well."

"I am aware, Flux." He watched as the blade of light vanished. "And I am unrepentant. I gave you my word he wouldn't die, didn't I?"

Flux threw his hands up in the air in exhasperation. "Well YEAH, but when I made you make that promise I was expecting that the only thing that would be trying to kill him was you!"

David, still extremely weak from his electrocution, but recovering, looked around, completely lost.

Radiant turned around. "Flux, calm yourself. I believe that any moment now a large group of heavily armed M interns will be coming to take me to a nice dark cell until Primary Xerox can arrange a formal trial to send me away for a long, long time. Please try to compose yourself." he smiled, faintly. Despite everything that had happened, he was feeling better now than he had in weeks. Much less angry, and much more serene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile, in the darkest aspects of David's subconscious...-

A significantly less serene figure was cursing. "RADIANT! <Censored for content!> Radiant kept him from dying! The one mother-<Censored for content!> that wanted me dead almost as much as me, and he <Censored for content!> saved my friggin' life! <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!> on a piece of garlic bread while <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!> and James Woods <Censored for content!> in the GLASS! <Censored for content!>! <Censored for content!>! <Censored for content!> <Censored for content!>!" He sighed and folded his arms. "And now I'm back to being an entirely powerless evil soul in a good body while he gradually recovers and goes on to redeem me more and more." He rolled his eyes. "<Censored for content!>! It was SO close!"

David's melodramatically good side walked into view and smiled at him. "Looks like we shall remain companions for a while longer, eh?"

The Shade of Zobot scowled. "Ah yes. Back to the waiting. The waiting is all. I shall return. Someday. Some day..."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 pm 

-The Real World-
Wicket glanced at Harp, both of them still poised to panic- neither of them could have shut off the flow to him without damaging the machine, which would have jeopardized the mission to awaken Andrew. A choice that was impossible to make... so they were quite glad to not have to make it.

"<I told you he was a steady lad- he just needed to sleep.>" said Wicket, sighing and leaning back as he spoke in soft Italian.

"<Hmm! Well, i suppose I owe you a coke, then. All teh same, I see no reason not to have a little fun...> That was very noble of you, mister Radiant. Which is good... because It *almost* makes up for your earlier transgressions. Almost. Wicket?"

"Hm... attacking Commander, meaning to take away Toboz, potentially jepordizing Andrew and upsetting Frederic... versus saving Toboz life. Not bad."

"Yes, well, I still say we hang him over teh Jello Reserve Vats for half an hour."

Fredric had finally crashed, cuddled on his Dad's lap... all the better, likely.

-Mindscape-
Andrew stood still, stunned as David first became *Zobot* for a moment, who started... and then... David... Vanished.
Frankly, at the moment he couldn't think straight. he was never at his best just when he woke up, let alone after the mental exhaustion that he had already gone through.
So as far as Andrew Tinker could tell, David might have just died. and his cousin was being attacked.

"No. I don;t think so." he said firmly, reaching out and grabbing Chic. He puller her back just before she would have been hit again. he stepped up, grabbed the mind-murder by teh throat, and pulle dhim face to face.

"Allright, that;s a fair cop. I am, indeed, flawed. Big whoop. But frail?! My dad died when I was 14. I had to get over that. And I went MAD, and had to teach myself how to function again!! And not just function, THRIVE! I'm frail like a god-damned tank!" he snapped, keeping hold of the twining, twisting spiky mass.
And with that, he slammed the thing into the ground, shattering it.

Ricerca chuckled, leaning over a little.
"hah! Well put... and just in time. I've been overheating for some time now... and I beleive I may be about to crash. So we-" suddenly his mental image turned to dust, sparkling away into Andrew's library... which was slowly fading.

The Real world winked back into existence as Andrew slowly sat up from the bed, rubbing at his eyes and looking vaugely panicked.
"Gah! David! And Emily! And the little pixy and... wow, I haven't felt my head was boiled like this since grad school."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:39 pm 

Jess stretches, and casually pushes her sunglasses up a bit. Hot damn, her form's settled down! "Yo, Flux. Hey, Rad. Have a nice nap?" Ignoring them, she moseys over to Harp and Wickett.
"Gents, may I have a word?"
"Of course, Signora." Wickett nods.
"Why, yes, Mr/Miss Jess!" Harp chirps cheerfully.
The others are clustered around Andy, or goggling at Radiant, insuring a brief moment of privacy.
Jess lowers her voice. "In their heads-it was a copy of Diamante's mind. Trying to kill the host, and have a new body.And he came too damn close for comfort." She casually pops a claw, examines it, and retracts it. "Gosh, someone who has to go by the book will have some tough decisions to make. Or might be forced to do something he finds abhorent, to spare others. Diamante's such a danger to others...and the longer he's locked up, the more likely it is some idiot's bound to try and spring him." Sighes. "I suppose it'd be too much to hope for that, oh, he has a bad reaction to something, some fatal mysterious allergy or other. I admit I'd like to see him, but he might make the mistake of thinking I'm harmless, and I'd have to defend myself." Voice still casual, but with the faintest bit of a quiver, she continues. "My, Radiant looks nice and refreshed after his...enforced nap, doesn't he?" Taking a deep breath, she forces calm, stills the imperceptible tremor in her hand.
Doesn't matter that she's not that cold blooded. It has to be done. It'd rip Xerox up to do it. Or the stress on him, as he's forced to wait, do it by due process, all the while the danger increases...But she can't just waltz into his cell. Harp and Wickett would have to help. And if they won't, or can't? At least they know now exactly how dangerous Diamante is.
Too many people, no more privacy.
"So, will Ric be okay? We're gonna get one of these mads to make him a body, as soon as he decides what he wants."
She loops an arm around Xerox's waist, and leans her head briefly on his shoulder, not noticing she's adjusted her height.
"Hey, you had a rough day at the office. You need to unwind with some electronics or something?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm 

There was something I was gonna do after everyone woke up... Oh! I told Prim's Madness I'd bug Prim until he made Sugar Smokes! But Prim looks busy right now. I leave the room where everyone is- they should be fine now that they're awake, although Mister Tinker might want a toaster or something- and start to put up a bunch of sticky notes in Prim's office with the words 'Sugar Smokes' on them. I'll start poking him if he hasn't made them in a few days.

And then maybe I'll go play with the Xbox. I just have to remember that I promised I wouldn't give it fangs...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 pm 

David, every hair on his head sticking up, occasionally cracking with electricity, his body twitching and his eyes cloudy, looked at Andrew from where he was sitting, still wearing the remains of the mind-diving equipment on his head. "Hey... why do you look so surprised? You weren't worried about me, were you?" he chuckled, which turned into a hoarse cough. "Why would you have done that? You were the one in danger, Andrew!" He started to stand up, and then fell flat on the floor, exhausted. "Yup... I was fine the entire time. I hope my letters didn't scare you that much."

"<Aww... my poor human!>" Elleb flittered down and sat on his back, her hands glimmering with magic. "<Here! Let me heal what little I can, ok?>" She began to sprinkle some odd sort of shiny dust over various parts of him, slowly yet steadily healing him a little bit. He smiled and thanked her, and stood up, wobbling a bit.

"Anyways..." He looked Andrew squarely in the eyes. "Look, I was angry at you... but running around someone's head does wonders for that. Just... just... don't try to be perfect around me, ok? I don't want you to always have to be the perfect person. I just want you." Suddenly he blinked and blushed, turning away. "Ah, I mean... look, when you feel like you have to hide something about yourself from someone, don't you start feeling lonely? I don't want you to ever have to feel like that around me, er, um... I mean... uh..." He just stopped, aware that he was babbling.

Radiant allowed himself to be escorted off by Mr. Harp and Mr. Wicket, pausing only for a moment to exchange a withering glare with Xerox. Flux quickly followed after them, looking abnormally distraught.

Sarcastic was also abnormally distraught, although she was doing a good job of hiding it. She sniffled, avoiding crying, drifting off to a corner of the room to be alone. "Only human." The words stuck in her head. They were bothering her. It kept reminding her of the little voice in the back of her head that kept telling her she didn't really belong here. "H-hey boss..." She stepped forward and dragged his attention away from awkward romance. "Umm... I kinda would like some time off, ok? It's not that I'm not enjoying being your sidekick, but... this whole thing was pretty intense. I'd kinda like to have some time as just a regular college student for a bit, ok?" She winced, not mentioning that she also wanted some time to think about the way her life was going.

"Well, I suppose that I could give you two weeks off. I kinda need to get settled back in anyway." David folded his arms and nodded. "But don't quit on me, ok? I kinda like having a partner." he smiled, then blinked. "Oh crap... Umm..." He turned to Xerox, looking a bit nervous. "Umm... I don't suppose I could borrow a small aircraft and a megaphone, could I? I kinda, uh, err... left an ancient Aztec warship doubleparked over the city and I really need to move it away."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:29 pm 

Wicket and Harp glanced at each other, exchanging a silent agreement. Harp smiled brightly, waving one hand and walking off with radiant.

"You stay here and talk to the girl, alright? I'll go and have a little... legal discussion.

Wicket sighed and turned back to Jess, shrugging a little.
"Carmine is not so good at the cold blooded stuff, and since he's the first person they ask, he can say he doesn't know anything. That, and he does so enjoy teh Jell-O pits." he explained, sighing and leaning back against a wall.

"We have, at times, had to preform such a service before... some men are simply too dangerous to let alive for long. But this is trouble- the Mind-Murderer killed so many people that he has made it into even the mundane news. What is happen will be tracked... but you never know. Sometimes a man might just be so far into that corner that he commits suicide." he said idly, wiping his hands off with a rag out of his pocket.

"Oh, really?" asked Jane, managing an innocent look.

"Oh, sure. It happens, sometimes..." he said vaugely, pushing her back towards the group.

"For now, don't worry about it. I promise you this: it *will* be taken care of... oh, and congratulations, by the way." he said, whirling on Andrew as he tried to stand up.

Andrew scowled at him, turning aside slightly.
"I know, I know. I need to rest. But that will come *later*." he said firmly, walking over to David and handing a sleeping Fredric to Chic.

"David, I... I can show you were the small aircraft is. And an the way, we can talk and... and I wasn't afraid. The whole time, I wasn't scared because I knew you would save me. It was teh first time I had ever been in that much trouble that I diddn't give up hope." he reached out to brush a little speck off of David's shoulder, blushing a little and pretending that no one else could hear him lest his embarrassment reach critical mass.

Which was ruined by Xerox snorting slightly.
"Okay, you two go take care of *that*. I need to get something from my office."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:33 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Ariel went over to Professor Tinker.

"A pleasure to meet you, Professor Andrew Tinker. I am Ariel."
She extended her hand to shake his. While he exchanged pleasantries, her mind was working at top speed.

So far, she had been able to gain a general portrait of everyone's personality. It was a useful assessment. Furthermore, when David's device had malfunctioned, Ariel had been able to attempt link reversal, and had gotten a glimpse into David's mind.

And she would forget neither Dr. Diamante, nor the shade of Evil bound within David's psyche. In her judgment, neither needed any action taken against them... immediately. One or both might qualify for deletion in the future.

As of now, it would probably be best to conceal her capabilities from the others, and use <?concept:>emotional manipulation to convince all that she was in a state of early growth. Then, she could start her business. With her outwardly harmless appearance and deep network abilities, it was likely she would be uniquely suited for it.

She just hoped that <?concepts:>theft / disruption of operations / industrial espionage / protection of entities or objects / tracking and recovery / other would be profitable.

~

Out in the real world, Ariel continued talking with Professor Tinker. "Oh, and check out what I learned how to do," she said, inwardly tensing. After a few seconds, she extended her hands at Professor Tinker, holoprojectors showing her wearing her magical girl outfit, yelling "Boo!"

His reaction pleased her very, very much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:06 pm 

Andrew twitched slightly, natural instincts towards magical girls clashing nicely with his still barely-awakened anti-social state.

"That's... terrifying. I'm *so* sorry miss Ariel, and I would love to chat later, but right now I *really* need to... help calm down the situation. With David. Right now." he said, grabbing David;s arm and dragging him out of the Infirmary.

Unseen by anyone else, there was a spare person in the room. Eric Tinker was sitting on an empty chair, cloaked in invisibility. He had breathed a sigh of relief as everyone awoke, and now he was watching with happy amusement as teh group stirred back into life.

"Alright! Your son is *alive*, everyone's safe... can we go now? Maybe He gave *you* teh next 80-years freelancing, but I have a job to do here."

"Oh, another minute won't hurt. Ineffable plans and all, right?" he said idly, letting a stray wing trail across the floor and Fredric woke up in Chic's arms, rubbing his eyes all cute-like.

"You can visit on your own, later."

"Oh, fine... fine."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:53 pm 

And one here and one here and three more on the computer and another one here... I can use the different colored notes to make a pattern!

"What are you doing to my office?"

I turn. Prim's standing in the doorway. I put a sticky note on his forehead. "I promised your Madness I'd get you to make the Sugar Smokes, of course. It's really neat- they're like cigarettes, but they smell like sugar!" I continue to wall-paper his office with the sticky notes. "So I figured I'd leave you some reminders, and see if that worked."

~far away~

"Oooh... shiny... but I *will* find a way around you! Maybe a sneakier virus? Or perhaps something off-site... hehehehehe..."

"Hyu're talkink to hyuself again."

"Oh! Sorry, Dad. But there's this new antivirus stuff out and it's really well-made and I'm gonna crack it! Plus, I think it's up to something sneaky."

"Hy'm sure it is. Have hyu been lettink your sister mess around in hyur head?"

"Hey! I'm not that dumb! It's just that I think there's something weird going on, and I want to know what it is! Now, who made it... Hmmm..."

"Just ask hyu sister. And vhy do hyu alvays haff to bother me?"

"Oh! Oh! I know! Can I go visit Lemon? I can bother him, and Primary's Mad now, so I can ask him about the software!"

"Sure, vhatever. Chust try not to get arrested, hokay?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:16 pm 

David blinked. "I... must be hallucinating... I think I'm seeing a magical girl. Err...huh?" David felt Andrew dragging him off.

Elleb flitted up to Ariel, ringing excitedly. "<Oh hey! Another one! Can I be your cute mascot character?>"

As David was dragged into the hallway, he looked up at Andrew. "This has been a pretty weird day, even by our standards." He looked down and smiled at Andrew. "...I'm just glad that you're ok, alright?" The severely electrocuted man smiled weakly. "Try to take better care of yourself, ok?" He kept walking. "But seriously... it... MIGHT... not be the wisest idea for you to come along with me on this. The thing is, Quetzalcoatl (That's the ship's name, by the way) is... well, he/she/it's kinda weird. It kinda... well, I mean, I kinda saved it from going permanently offline, and well... it proclaimed me the true Emperor of the modern Aztec empire."

Andrew blinked. "But there is no modern Aztec empire-"

David interrupted. "Yeah, don't mention that around him/her/it. NOT a safe subject of conversation. Also, it kinda doesn't speak English... only this really old long-dead language that the people who built it speak. I learned a bit just by being around it, but I have no idea how it'd react to anyone else..." He stopped talking and just hugged Andrew. It seemed to be a good moment for it, and in all honesty he had missed him.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:58 pm 

I grin at the sleepy bunny boy Andrew's dumped in my arms. I don't care how much he tries to be tough-Fredric's just adorable!
"Hey, sleepyhead-time to go home." I set him on his feet, and he stretches.
"But Da-"
"Has just zoomed out of here with David. The adrenalin'll wear off soon enough, and he'll have to crash. So let the two of them have a little time together, 'kay? You come home with me."
"Aw..." He's scuffing his foot. Cute!
"Come on, you can snooze or watch Dr. Who, or cartoons, have snacks, mess around in my lab-whatever. You know Sparky wants arms? Wants to be able to pick things up without puncturing them and getting drool on them. Be able to turn pages...Anyway, we can call your house before we leave, so the grues and everyone can quit worrying about cuz. What do you say?"

Jess sighes, and leans against the wall. She offered, was politely shooed off. And is secretly relieved...
Fun watching the others. That Ariel's got a sense of humor. Wonder if she's met Lemon yet?
And Primary's getting something from his office. Yeah. That.
She smiles. All this time, never arrested. Not once. Never leaving a trace...and the spook still manages to catch her.
Heh. Hmm, now about Dr. Metallo's Fortress of Doom...wonder if Ric'd like to go along? Get out of M for a bit, broaden his horizens. After the resident geeks make him a body, that is. If that's not his style, then, hell! Just take him out and about. Do him good.
She idlely shifts her hand-claw, fur, talon-can she do translucent, like a cave fish? Maybe she'll ask Em for her grandpop's phone number. Might be worth talking to a mad biologist. Eventually. One of these days.

C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:41 pm 

Andrew sighed and hugged David back, relaxing slightly.
"First of all, your a fine one to talk- you just got electrocuted, for one thing." he pointed out, a little muffled from leaning against David's chest. He'd pushed aside being tired before, and honestly this was more important than most other times he had done so.

"And it will be fine- it should be clear that I'm an ally. And I'm good with languages so I'll catch on." he added, stepping back to look up at him with a small little smile.

"I really missed you, too. And I never got any letters, so I ended up worrying a lot. And I'm sorry I lied to you, even if it *was* by exception. And not always being completely myself... but if it's any consolation it's a thing I do a lot. I doubt it is, though." he leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, before stepping back and taking him by the hand.

"I'll do my best to be honest with you from now on. Which means I guess i should tell you that when i first pulled you out of the rubble I was mostly planning on taking some samples... that and you have a cute butt.

-Fredric-
he sighed, maintaining chibi mode.
"Alright... I'll go with you. Da's been mopin' over David f'r months while he was gone, anyways." he said, clambering up onto his aunts shoulder. It was hard to walk with little tiny legs.

He reached out and tugged on Sarcastic's sleeve, which had the effect of waking up the Memory Bunny that had been sleeping in her pocket. It popped out with a little squeak, lookign around.

"You wanna come maybe, Sarcastic?" Fredric asked, sensing her mood... he knew that feeling.

-Xerox-
Xerox snorted, peeling the sticky note off of his forehead and flicking it onto his desk.
"What, like candy cigs that actiually worked like cigarettes? Not a bad idea..." he mused, taking out a key and unlocking one of his desk drawers. Inside was a little black velvet ring case, which he took out and pocketed.

"Um, Claire? I'm going to ask Jess to marry me. I dunno what we're going to do about a wedding, but I figured maybe you;d like to be the flower girl? You get to toss bits of flora around." he said, walking back into the infirmary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:52 pm 

"That's great! Sure, I'd like to be the flower girl. It sounds like fun!" I wonder if I can remember how Dr. Smith made those exploding ferns... "Good luck with the whole proposal thing!" He's walking back toward Miss Jess. Prim's getting married! Neat!

Ok, hopefully that's enough sticky notes. Break room. Xbox! So I shouldn't play Portal, but there are lots of other games. Now, let me see. Turn it on, press start button. Oh, I bet the start button is the one that says 'start' on this remote. So now there's a picture on the screen, and if I remember correctly, it does stuff depending on which buttons I push. Kind of an odd system, but I guess I'll give it a try...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:49 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

(-follow-) Thad thought as he padded after chicgeek, Wally, Frederic, and Sarcastic.

(-wally have clothes fit- -then maybe talk sarcastic-)

(-no maybe- -will- -need talk-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 am 

I'm a little suprised Fredric's asked Sarcastic along. Hmm, maybe she's at loose ends, what with her boss and cuz disappearing. I bet they're in a clinch by now. Hee! I hope so, anyway.
She does look a little down. I guess today was kind of stressful, and Fredric's so empathetic. And now Thad's padding along behond? Oh, why not? I wonder what Sparky will make of him in his wolf form.
Go with it. "Okay, anybody else wanna hang out at the base? We can squeeze a couple more in the Zephyr. Jess? You coming, punk?"
She shakes her head at me.
"Nah. I'm gonna hang out here for a bit. I'll catch ya later." And there's her slightly-bored-I'm-so-cool-leaning-against-a-wall pose. Probably waiting for Xerox.
I grin at her. The new shapeshift's pretty cool. And Grandpa was itching for a sample before...

Farnsworth sighes at the intern manning the reception desk. Why on earth is she giving him that strange look? Hasn't she ever met a jaeger before?
He doesn't take into consideration that he's a jaeger wearing a suit and bits of srmor, who claims a fluency in ancient aztec...
"Very well, I shall be off, if my assistance is unnecessary. It was just a thought."
Although the flying structure is most intriguing...perhaps he'll check it out on his own, later, if M has the matter well in hand. He waits a moment for the intern to answer him.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm 

I scowl at the contents of the open Xbox. What were they thinking? I know they're using sane science, but this is pathetic! *I* could make a better game system than this. And no, I'm not bitter at all about the fact that the game confused me so much I ended up gnawing on the remote in frustration. That has nothing to do with it. Stupid Xbox. I want to actually fight things, not push buttons!

Fortunately, this is M's break room. Which means that all I have to do is hook up these holoprojectors I found, and maybe upgrade the CPU a little bit, and then I can *actually* play with the Xbox. Oooh, a laser no one's using... And here are the sensors I need, and maybe a copy of this flexibility program so it can adapt the games... making things compatible isn't too hard... and it'll need some batteries so it can move around without its cord...

Hmm... the wire I need is on the top shelf. Jump, double ju-

*CRASH*

Owww... the double-jump isn't working, apparently... maybe I'll get the wire later... Dr. Ricerca didn't look so good- that's probably why the double-jump isn't working. I hope he's ok. I'll ask Mister Harp or Mister Wicket about it the next time I see one of them.

Connect this here, this goes here... I don't know how I'm going to get that wire down, though. Maybe I can take some of the wires from this other stuff that no one's using. M's break room is full of useful stuff. Oooh, and cookies.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 pm 

David smirked back. "You can take as many samples as you want, as long as I don't loose too much of my body and as long as you don't end up cloning up an evil David to try and kill me." He clutched at Andrew's hand tightly, liking the feeling. "Ah... as long as we're being honest... I was the guy who kept giving you those gifts "from a secret admirer."" He shifted his body nervously. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be creepy or anything."

They found the small flying craft and began to lift off of M's flight pad, soaring off into the sky.

-A few minutes later, aboard the Quetzacoatl...-

David chirped happily in Nahautl, the language of the Aztecs. "<It's good to see you're all right, Q! I was worried about leaving you alone.>"

The entire ship itself rumbled, the vibrations producing word-like sounds that managed to sound somewhat gruff. "<A few flies attempted to bother this unit, but I swatted them effortlessly. Speaking of flies...>" The walls nearby Andrew began to shudder. "<That servant's body language around you indicates that he has yet to be taught proper respect for his ruler. He has been onboard my shell with you for nearly 15 minutes without sacrificing an animal to your glory. I shall eradicate him for you so that he will be more servile in his next existence!>"

David held up a hand, his face alarmed. "<No! No! You misunderstand, Quetzalcoatl! That is no servant! That's... uh...a god! Yeah... a god! This is...>" His mind raced. He wasn't very good at lying. "<Tin....Tin-Karrius... the, uh, god of inscribed images and secrets best left unwritten that got written down anyway! So you see, he's actually higher in standing than I am, so there's no need to crush him at all.>"

The walls of the Quetzalcoatl stopped shaking. "<Very well, Emperor.>" It sounded somewhat disappointed, despite not having any expression to convey such emotion.

David folded his arms. "<Actually, while we're on the subject, up here in the north I actually am friends with quite a lot of gods... so it would probably be best if from now on you asked me before you used your walls and floors and ceilings to crush anyone who enters your frame, understand? That way, you'll avoid angering any vengeful dieties...>"

Quetzalcoatl grumbled "<He doesn't look like a god to me... doesn't even have a proper bird's head or anything... very well then, Emperor. I hear and obey.>"

David heaved a sigh of relief and turned. "Don't worry Andrew... I made sure he knew not to try and do anything silly." He switched languages. "<Heed my new command! Soar to the outskirts of the city and land somewhere where you're not going to flatten anything beneath you and remain there until I give you new commands, understand? This is my will as Emperor!>" He smirked. He'd had to get very good at sounding assertive when he had been dealing with Quetzalcoatl. It had ideas for how everything was supposed to work, and it got angry when someone challeneged them. A good Emperor in it's mind was haughty, aggressive, and used to being obeyed. So he had quickly learned the part before he had gotten squashed. The ship lurched and drifted to the outskirts of Xyon City, lowering itself out of the stratosphere and embedding itself into the earth, an enormous Aztec structure laying right next to a highway outside the city. Coincidentally, it was also right outside David's shop. He led Andrew outside. "It's good to be home!" Then he saw the sign outside his shop. "W-wait...what's foreclosed mean? Why's that for sale sign outside my home? And what's that note on the front door?" He ran forward and looked at it. "Let's see... 'dear man in green, we have taken all your stuff, except for that creepy toppings machine and the armor that's too heavy to lift. Also, some crazy people said you hadn't been paying off your morgage in months so they're reclaiming your land. Have fun! Death and destruction, Dana Amino.'"

His eye twitched. He fell to two knees, shaking his non-robotic fist at the sky. "AMMMMMIIIIIINNNNNNOOOOOO!"

-Inside M-

Sarcastic sniffed, scooping up Elleb, who had been standing on the ground stapling an Intern's pants to the floor. "No... I should probably get home. I actually have an essay to get done for Mr. Tinker's class tomorrow, and you would know what he gets like with late assignments, Frederic." She smiled weakly down at him, and then turned and started walking away. Yes, she DID have an essay to do... but more than that she wanted some time to herself to work out how she felt. She had stopped crying when she was 8. It just wasn't something she did anymore. But there were still times when she felt like moping.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:17 pm 

-Inside M-
Fredric wrinkled his nose, nodding slightly.
"Okay- oi think 'e might give ya an extension seein' as how you helped to save his life an' all, tho. An' oim a' work tomorrow, so iffin' ya wanna talk..." he said, leaving it at that. He was still pretty tired, and he wouldn't press it... besides, he had some inkling of the problems involved.

Xerox, in the meanwhile, spotted Farnsworth as he headed back to the infirmary.
"Oh, hey Farnsworth. Hey, listen I just woke up and everything helters around here, but apparently David Toboz brought in a freaking Aztec Supertech machine or something. So Do you think you could do me a favor and put together some kind of Aztec-english phrasebook? I'll compensate for your time... I'm sure there's some confiscated one of a kind book that we can miss." he rattled off, still focused on getting back to the Infirmary. He couldn't remember the last time he had been so nervous.

"Tell you what we can talk later just think about it I gotta go bye!" he said, darting back off again with one hand in his pocket.

He screeched to a halt in the Infirmary door, panting slightly- most of his cool-ness had vanished under the stress of his ordeal that day, and his own growing feeling of nervousness. Which was dumb, because *she* had already asked *him*, so It was already a done deal...

He straightened up a little, and palmed box out of his pocket. He had been thinking the last few days about how to do this, and he wasn't going to let details get in the way of his marriage proposal. He reached out and grabbed Jess' wrist in his, suddenly looking rather grim.

"You're nicked, convict." he said, revealing the open ring box with a flourish.

"You stole my heart... And I sentence you for life." he said, eyes twinkling behind his shades. Almost as much as the ring did. It was a delicate platinum band, set with a brilliant purple diamond nestled in a cluster of smaller, green-tinted diamonds.

-Andrew and David-
Andrew had been about to exclaim at the discovery that he was his 'secret admirer', but David's sudden authoritative tone stunned him into a embarrassed sort of silence. He couldn't quite understand him, but the force of personality certainly came through...

Now that he was recovered and on land again he chuckled, examining the note.
"Oh, now really. You just have to buy the place back... and maybe visit Amino for your things back." he said, patting his back consolingly.

"Until then... well, I always have a spare room ready these days. Oh, and while I think of it..." he leaned forward and grabbed David's collar, kissing him firmly. He held it for a minute before letting go of his collar and standing up again, smirking in a way that could only be deemed... *wicked*.

"Thank you *very* much for the gifts."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:35 pm 

"You know, ma'am," Ingrid remarks as she and Amino fly in the hovercar back to Amino's lair. "That was really fun and all, but you owe me a lot of overtime for this."

"Okay, but unless you rob another bank soon the money'll have to come out of the coffee budget."

Ingrid gulps. "I'll get some gold bars first thing in the morning, ma'am."

Amino stares over the side of the hovercar, pondering. (I wonder what happens now. What do you think, President Grant?)

(Most likely you'll just go back to some random subplot with wacky hijinks for a while. It's just as well. Serious plots are hardly your forte.)

(And what is that supposed to mean, President Grant? You don't think I can be serious?)

(Honestly, no.)

(What?!?! Why, I never--I'll show you! I'll start a serious plot right now and show you how serious I can be!)

(I doubt that's very wise, Dana-)

Amino clears her throat and says, quite loudly and clearly, enunciating every word, "Gee, it is a good thing that all of this excitement is over. Now we can relax, safe in the knowledge that nothing else will happen. Surely no serious, plot-like event will spontaneously happen and interrupt our peaceful relaxation."

Ingrid looks at her quizzically as she lands the hovercar. "Ma'am, why are you tempting fate?"

"Because I'm bored. I want to be a part of another plot right now."

"But, ma'am, I really doubt you'll like it if something does happen."

"Oh, pshaw, Ingrid, you worry too much." Amino walks up to her lair's front door. "Now I'm going to go get some radioactive popcorn while I wait for the plot to find us, so you can just-" She then opens the door upon an immaculately pristine, perfectly clean, conspiciously empty lair.

Ingrid examines the newly-robbed lair. "Well, ma'am, I hate to say 'I told you so', but..."

"God dammit!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:12 pm 

Jess's lip twitches.
She tries to think of something clever to say. Something along the lines of the extremes he had to go to to catch her...but clever words won't come.
"Yes." Reaches out her right hand, gently lifts his chin.
"Spook. Narc....Beloved." She whispers.
"It's a beautiful ring." No wisecracks about how that ice won't be fenced.
Lean forward and kiss.
"Come on, baby, let's blow this popsicle stand."
"But Jess, I-"
Lays a finger across his lips, ignores the sounds of other people in the background.
"Shh."
Kiss.

Farnsworth lifts as eyebrow as Xerox rattles off his request, and dashes off. He supposes there's always some crisis or another at a place like this. Turning back to the intern, he clears his throat slightly. "If you would be so kind as to lead me to an empty office? I'll go ahead and set up a basic phrasebook before I go."
He ends up at M for hours, putting together something detailed with the help of the Library's AI. Hard to stop once you get your fangs in a project.
Eventually, his clawed fingers stop their dance over the keyboard, as he gratefully picks up a cup of tea. Mmm, Earl Grey.
He takes an appreciative sip, and stretches out the kink in his shoulders.
"All right, I suppose that will get you started. I'll add to it, of course. I do have a rather full schedule, but don't hesitate to call if there's an immediate need for a translator, hmm? And...I would like a closer look at the...machine? if an opportunity arises."
If Minerva was here... She'd have bypassed M, and already have ransacked the thing for ancient writing, or have it spilling it's story to her.
Heh. Just as well she's in Severtia.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:17 pm 

Click

Ok, time to turn it on and see what happens. I push the button, and the disk starts to whir. So far so good.

A six-legged, eight-foot tall yellow bear with horns appears. Neat! I grab an ax that's materialized next to me, grinning broadly. This is gonna be fun.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am 

-David-

David blushed and kissed him back, feeling noticibly less distraught and much more thoughtful. As the kiss broke off, he looked at Andrew, an idea popping into his head. "I'd like that." He blushed. "Staying at your place for a few days, I mean. I'll need a place to stay for a bit until I can get my stuff back and set up in my new place."

Andrew looked confused. "New place?"

David grinned. "Uh huh... I don't have any money left from the Hero's Quest thing to get my home back. I spent the last of it on that trip around the world. And I don't hero-for-dollars, so without my ice cream shop or a long list of job qualifications I can't make any more."

"Xerox would hire you if you wanted to work for M..."

David nodded. "I'm not opposed to helping out now and then, but I dunno if I could do it constantly. I liked things the way they were... I liked having an ice cream shop." he folded his arms. "But now I have a new place to set up shop." His gaze turned to the Quetzalcoatl and he smiled. "It just needs a bit of work before I can open it up to other people." He was already turning the idea over in his head. An Aztec Ruins-themed ice cream shop, located right outside of town. It could be huge. Of course, there was a lot he'd have to do first: he'd have to have the Quetzalcoatl wired for electricity, and have a generator set up. He'd need to find a way to get indoor plumbing and refridgeration set up, not to mention talk Q into not crushing people without resonable provocation. And of course, since the Quetzalcoatl was huge, he'd have to find a way of closing most of it off to the general public. But it could work, and with some time and effort, it would work.

He vaguely wondered if he could talk Brenda into being rehired. She had seemed pretty capable. And how he would be able to move the Armor of Rightousness out of the old building when it weight more than 8 of him. And how he'd manage to move that darned toppings machine. He didn't like it and didn't ever go near it, for fear of being zapped into another world's future again, but it wouldn't be right to just leave it around for other people to fall prey to and it had seemed stubbornly resistant to being destoryed every way he'd tried. Even explosions didn't seem to phase it. It was really kind of creepy, when he thought about it.

A strange sort of excitement had overtaken him, as he kissed Andrew again. He was glad to be back, and there was so much work to do! He still had to get all his stuff back from Amino, and... and... he yawned. "But first... first I really do need to get some sleep." Jet lag, combined with narrowly surivivng electrocution, combined with hunger and the fact that he hadn't properly been clean in a month all had ganged up and over took him. And just like that, David Toboz fell asleep, slumping over onto Andrew.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile, in the local abandoned house at the top of the hill that seems to be perpetually under a lightning storm...-

The Dave threw his hands up in frusteration. "Crimmey! Where the heck are Amino and that David guy? You think they'd at least care enough that we stole all their stuff to walk right into our trap..."

One of his minions looked over at him. "Sir, maybe we should have actually left them a hint as to where we're hiding."

Dave sighed and rolled his eyes. "Very well then... we shall give them a cryptic clue... TOMORROW! For now, I can't be bothered. TV Poker is coming on in 15 minutes!"

And thus everyone (And by that I mean all of my characters) waited.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm 

Andrew chuckled, blushing a little.
"Well, If you'd like I could give you a loan. Call it a business inves-" he broke off as David slumped over him, surprised into another chuckle.

"...of course. Speaking of long-term investments... let alone Deja-vu." he said to himself, hositing him over his shoulder and starting he walk back home. Luckily it wasn't far, and David wasn't that heavy, and it was a trip he'd made before.

"Let's go home, Mister Hero."

-At M-
Lemon sighed happily as he headed back to the break room to check on Claire, glad everything was settled. He *hated* being in charge... he had to pull his programming together and it was never any fun. And now he could play with Claire! Maybe she could try out Psychonauts...

He opened the door and blinked, slowly realizing what he was seeing.

"...Claire? Did you make my X-box a simulated reality game?" he asked, as Claire whirled and looked at him.

"Um, well, yeah, but-"

"COOL! I wanna turn!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:12 pm 

"Ok!" I'm glad he's not annoyed with me. I wasn't really thinking about how it's his Xbox... but he seems ok with it. "Boxxy, this is Lemon- you know him, right?" Boxxy beeps. "I was doing combat sims, but he should be able to do most games." I don't mention that he'll probably attack anyone who tries to put 'Portal' in. He is Lemon's Xbox, after all. "Um... don't let him on Xbox Live for a year or two? I don't want to traumatize him." Boxxy beeps indignantly. I turn back to him- he's being a giant lion covered in hedgehog spines at the moment. "Because those people are scary, that's why."

"Wait, has my Xbox achieved sentience?"

"I didn't really mean too... All I did was upgrade the CPU a whole bunch to handle all of the holgrams and then I had to upload a bunch of AI programs so he could figure out what to do about the games and it just kind of happened... but it's not a lot" This seems like one of the things I should have figured out... "Boxxy, it's Lemon's turn now. Which game did you want to play, anyway?" I sit near the edge of the projection field- Boxxy can only do a few meters without draining the batteries a lot. I'm glad Lemon's awake again. I'm glad we woke everyone up. And now we have Boxxy to play with, which is so much easier than those stupid remotes...

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 101  Next