Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Madde Alchemy Wars: The Cauldron of Elementals
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Claire looked at the writing curiously. She couldn't read it- she couldn't read that well to begin with, actually- but it was interesting. Well, she couldn't swim, but she could run, and she wanted to know why it said 'no running.' Standing up, she dusted herself off, and, ignoring the newcomers, proceeded to sprint partway to the pool, just to see if anything would happen. Why wouldn't she be allowed to run?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:11 am 

The result was immediate- as soon as Clair sprinted, the water suddenly rose up, rearing out of it's pool like a beast raised from his slumber, morphing a thousand screaming mouths of *teeth* out of it's mass. It lunged for her, moving as fast as the river rapids before it-

...Fell back into the pool as soon as Claire stopped. It wasn't entirely innocent, however- the water now lapped against the surrounding rocks in an almost... predatory manner.

Lord Tinker glanced around, coughing slightly.
"Was that just me? Horrifying water monster, anyone?" he asked, picking Franky up from the ground.

"Oi saw it, Da." he confirmed, climbing up onto his shoulder.

"Hmm. I could just be projecting again. Remember that one time during the Harvest Festival? They still can't plant any squashes without them going feral ten days after ripening..."

"Nah. Pro'lly jes one too many potions dumped inna water."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:09 pm 

Claire looked at the pool with interest, careful to stay back. She didn't mind the 'monster' aspect so much... but it was wet and she hated when her fur got all soggy and it was always too cold. But it was still pretty neat, that the pool could tell when she was running...

"Oooh, someone should try swimming or diving or something. But I want to try something else, first."

She backed up further, getting as far away from the pool as possible within the cave, and sprinted slightly to the side, running parallel to the pool, then stopped. The pool probably didn't go nuts every time anyone anywhere ran, so maybe there was a distance component.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked around. They had fallen into a very odd place, indeed.

Turning tentatively towards Jackie, she said, "So... strange place we've fallen into."
She sized Jackie up a little more. Hm... quick on her feet... "I get the feeling you've been in a lot of strange situations yourself. Maybe sometime... we could share stories, perhaps?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:47 am 

Jackie returns Jane's glance, with a slight smile. "Strange situations? Perhaps...Might be interesting at that."
She prods the stubbornly prone Zeroks with her toe.
"Up and at 'em, sunshine. Looks like we have some ruins to-explore." She almost said loot. Could be they'll find a trinket or two before they get out of this place, at that. She's got a good eye for hidden baubles.
Jackie carefully tucks away her new glasses. Doesn't need them in here, even if they do look sharp.
Emily Viktor pulls a lantern out of one of the holding bags. "There's torches, too, " she declares after a quick rummage. "Cousin, I'm going to insist on at least one of us carring a nonmagical light-although I'd rather have my hands free to fight. If magic's erratic in the area, we don't want your willowisp or wahtever it is fading at an inopportune moment. Any volunteers?"
Attrius's companion gets a critical look. She's never seen an instrument like that. So, Mithril Jack, was it?" God, musicians and their stage names! "You're a bard?" Please, don't let him know the 100 bottles song!
Jackie grins. "I think what she's trying to say is, you know how to fight? Got any nifty offensive/defensive abilities besides a song in your heart, MJ?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am 

-Mikael-

"I'll volunteer, if no one else minds." Mikael smiled, stepping forward. "I have so little experience fighting with this mace of mine, it only makes sense that I carry the light source. I'm sure I'd only cause everyone trouble if I tried fighting alongside such capable adventurers as yourselves anyway... i'll just be back here, with our new friend." he took a torch and lit it, standing alongside Mithril Jack. "Well, shall we continue?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Taren and Lady Draza-

Taren panted. "Yaaah!" He brought his shield up just in time to avoid the axe blow from the rampaging Goblinwasp, and lunged forward with his blade, piercing the creature's chest, and slaying it. "Phew! That's it on my end... how are you doing, Lady..." He turned around. "-Draza?"

All the Goblinwasps she had said she could handle were gone. All that was remaining were three axes, and Lady Draza standing there, looking fairly content. And large prints in the ground, similar in shape and size to those of a dragon. Lady Draza licked her lips.

"...you...you didn't just- did you?" He blinked. "Did you just... turn into a dragon and eat those-"

Lady Draza chuckled. "Oh, young paladin. You're so presumptuous!" She strolled forward, walking past him. "We should really look over the ones you slew, however. They may be carrying some sort of treasure." She bent down, looking through the foe's belongings. "Hmm... interesting... several copper, silver, and gold coins... what is obviously a mystical fire ring, and some sort of vial filled with a pink liquid?" She sloshed the pink liquid around curiously. "Why would they be carrying these?"

"I don't know." Taren bent down to help her. "It'll forever remain a mystery. What do you thing we should do with them?"

Lady Draza grinned. "I've got an idea!"

"No, for the last time, we're not going to amass all our randomly obtained treasure into large piles and sleep on them. I don't even know why you keep asking that!"

"...it makes sense to me..." Lady Draza mumbled. "Well, if we're divvying it up, I want the fire ring. I helped out in this fight, so I deserve it. You can have the pink liquid or whatever."

"Sure. We can get it identified in town later."

Lady Draza helped herself to the ring and paused. "Oh, and incidentally, Taren?"

"Yes?"

She licked her lips. "They were delicious."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm 
Heh heh heh.

While Jackie was waiting for Mithril Jack to answer, Jane wandered over to the edge of the lake. The rocks there were smooth and flat. They looked perfect.

Jane called over to Jackie, "Hey! These stones over here..."
Jackie looked over, inquiringly. "Oh?"

"They're just great for skipping!"

Flicking a stone, Jane let it bounce as it spun, skipping three times before dropping with a splash. "Beat that!"

Jackie begins to grin. "Why you..."

Soon, the two were trying to beat each other's scores.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:24 am 
New Madsci

Jack replied to Jackie, "I'm a lover, not a fighter, though I can be handy with a rapier if

need be. I play a mean guitar, and I can also weave magic with my songs. Please," he smiled

disarmingly, "my friends call me Jack. Won't you be one of them?"

--------------------------------------------

As Jane and Jackie were skipping stones, a cloud of greasy black smoke suddenly appeared,

accompanied by the smell of brimstone. From out of the cloud stepped a man in a gray

pinstripe suit. He wore a black eyepatch and had a dead parrot on one shoulder. "Arrgh

matey," the man bellowed, "prepare to be boarded!"

All hands in the party reached for their weapons until Jack called out, This is no foe,

everyone. It's only my agent, Maury Sline. What do you want Maury, and why are you talking

like that, and what happened to your eye?"

Pulling the eyepatch off his head, Maury said, "I've been celebrating 'Talk Like a Pirate

Day'. Isn't that right Polly?" Looking at the bird on his shoulder, he noticed its deceased

state."Hmmm, must have died from smoke inhalation. Anway, I've got a gig for you. Seems that

on another plane some scientist types are having a party, and you get to provide the

musical entertainment."

"But I can't desert my friends," Jack objected. "Can't you help them?"

"Sorry Kid," Maury replied, "You know I don't do anything without a signed contract, but if

they were to sign one," he leered, "we could do some business."

"No," Jack replied, "I don't think they want to sign one of those contracts."

"Too bad," said Maury, "anyway, you don't exactly have a choice in the matter, or have you

forgotten that you owe me big time? At any rate, I'll have you back almost before you left."

"How will you do that?"

"Kid, I'm from the magical land of Hollywood. We can do anything with CGI." With that he

waved his hand, and he and Jack disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 pm 

The smooth pool of water stirred slightly as the stones skipped across it, and gave a worrying sort of swirl. Zeroks stood up with a scowl, noting the appearance of the demon, and the disappearance of their bard. He shook it off- in his job, he tended to get used to that kind of thing. And bards contracts were hellish things no sane man should contemplate.

"Alright, alright- I just want to make *one* thing clear here. No treasure hunting! If we see a big, glittery damn chest we are leaving it be- you hearing me, Lord Tinker?" he snapped, surprisingly not at Jackie, but at the sorcere, who coughed.

"It was only the *once*." he grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Once was *enough*- theres *still* a damn cursed chicken wandering through the temple, you know."

"I apologized! It was only *one* damn statue..."

Zeroks rolled his eyes and stepped up closer tot he water.

"The only door is through here- but we'll have to wade, if not swim. There might be a hidden door... but I doubt it. Any of you clevernicks know if this water will attack us?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:34 pm 

"Attack us? The water did turn into a bunch of watery teeth when the no running rule was broken...me, I'm not planning on running." Jackie shrugs. "I'm not crazy about the idea of slogging through it, but if we must, we must."
Emily snorts. "Lord Zeroks, with all due respect-what a silly question! The question is, what do we do if it does? This clevernik's rusty on water wrestling techniques."
Jackie looks at her-did m'lady just crack a joke? Heh.
"Okay, we hoist our packs high, have weapons out-for anything that might be in the water-and we get this show on the road already. And remember, if we see any glittering chests, remember what the Runelord said." Jackie's voice is serious-but she's grinning.
"Leave those to the professionals."
Jackie drops Jane a quick wink.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:08 am 

-Mikael-

He smiled. "I'm sure the great warriors we have within our small band would prove more than enough for any watery protrusions that could attack us..." He patted Claire on the back, having somehow managed to get right behind her. "Besides, I believe that should something like that occur, Fredrik may be able to deal with it... I have a theory after examining him that he can eat magic..."

What was really weird was that his eyes had yet to open during the entire time since they had woke up that morning. Or at least no one had seen him open them yet. It was probably more likely that every time someone looked over at him he was just blinking or something.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:01 am 

Claire frowned. She didn't want to go wading... it was wet...

And then the merchant person was right behind her and his hand was on her back and-

With a yipe, she dove behind Prim. "D-don't DO th-that..." She peered over Prim's shoulder at the merchant, her ears and tail feeling awfully visible. And he could apparently sneak up on her and he was one of those people who was always nice so everyone liked them-

*whimper*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm 

His Grace sighed, and patted Calire's shoulder.

"Claire, I know you don;t like getting wet... I can carry you, if you need me to." he offered, glancing back at the merchant. He was a little unsettling... something about him seemed inherently untrustworthy. But for now, wild accusations weren't sensible.

Fredrik raised an ear- currently in his 'small' size, but using his wings to keep up in the air.

"Ya think so? Ai 'm nae so sure... real old magic is in deep." he said, unsheathing the little blade he had been given.

Andrew in the meantime was taking off hia robe, and bundling it carefully- thet way everything in it would be dry...

"I will go first, if no one objects."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:49 pm 

Claire sighed, ears and tail drooping. Wet. Blech. And that merchant person was so scary... she was going to stay close to Prim.

"I'll walk... And Lord Tinker, you can go first. I don't mind." She watched as he started into the water. Wet wet wet... sigh...

At least Lord Tinker said he'd keep an eye on her... and Prim was around... the merchant *probably* wouldn't be able to capture her.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 pm 

Andrew nodded, brightening the will-o-wisp light and carefully- *slowly* wading into the water. The odd enchanted water seemed to stir slightly, but settled down as he moved slowly. He slowly walked into the tunnel, carefully looking ahead.

"It seems clear!" he called out, noting more odd swirling carvings on the wall. Ahead... the tunnel went on for a while, the water going up to the chest at the highest. But the tunnel was wide, and far ahead was a pale green light...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:39 pm 

Lady Emily moves gingerly through the water, wishing she was taller.
Bleh. That green glow looks ominous to her.
Still, if it means they'll be out of this blasted water...she sighes softly, and squelches on.
Jackie keeps her eyes open. And a hand on Jane's belt. She doesn't mass as much as the humans in the party, so it's a little harder to slog through the water. Okay, enough light to make some decent shadows...she can shadowstep ahead if needed. She'd rather not-it's never a good idea to be far out in front of the party. But come to think of it, it may come in handy.
Jackie keeps her eyes peeled for threats, and whispers idly to Jane-"feels like we're a flock of baby ducks following mama. Heh."

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:36 am 

The party moved through the tunnel without incident- although the slow pace was a little aggravating. Finally they made it into the next cavewhich did indeed seem to glow faintly green.

The cause of this was twofold. For one, it was clear that once the long forgotten temple had been lit by a series of delicate orbs, that were charged with magic. The orbs remained, but the magic had long since been worn away to nothing but an ember, that cast a faint, wavering white light. The other was the moss. once it was clear the room had been intricately carved but moss and ferns had sprouted, and covered the room from ground to ceiling.

The result was breathtaking. The room was cool, and the original carvings were still visible through the moss here and there... strange flowers, and a figure trailing swirling mists... as the party walked out of the shallow pool that spilled into this room, the light feebly tried to brighten- each orb held by the hands of statues, long coated in ferns and small little flowers...

There was a set of doors, that were seamlessly shut, an altar in the middle (equally foliage coated- thinner moss, and flowers), with a set of dusty brass scales on it- one end already weighted down with what appeared to be a heart, done in what looked like brass. Presiding over the altar was a statue, of what appeared to be a humanoid figure- also moss-coated.

Lord Tinker looked around, raising an eyebrow.
"How curious. It must be feeding off of the water here... and if those orbs were good enough, they would replicate sunlight. It;s stunning." he said, tracing the moss on the walls- it was soft, and slightly bouncy to the touch. The room was filled with the earthy, growing scent of it.

"Eh- 's better than the tacky 'crammed with traps' decor." His grace said wearily, getting out of the water and tapping a st of command into his gauntlet- displacing the water from his clothing to the mossy floor, which happily absorbed it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm 

Mikael sighed. "Oh dear... we have to wade?" He unslung his pack from his back and held it over his head. "It wouldn't do to get my merchandise wet, you know... these exploding spheres aren't exactly resistant to water."

As they exited the water, he examined the room carefully. "Hm... quite fascinating. These old structures had quite resilient architecture... He bent over to look at the flowers, trying to identify them.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 pm 

"I've got a bad feeling about that scale. I'm not touching it," Jackie declares flatly. "I think I'll have a look at that door."
She examines it carefully, giving it a close look before touching it gently. Listening-does anything appear to be on the other side? Jackie beckons to Fredric, who obidiently flaps over. Quietly-"Your ears are better than mind-can you hear anything on the other side?"
A less soggy Zerocks is not far off. "I'll unlock it if it's locked, and check for booby traps. You never know-if something decides to leap out of the water at us after all, we may want to move in a hurry. But I won't open it until we're ready to move on, and I want some muscle right here when I do. Just in case there's something inhospitable on the other side. And Marius?"
"Hmm?"
"You want to share your water shedding trick with the rest of the class?"
Lady Emily is looking about her with curiosity. She gently pulls away a little moss, to get a better idea of what that statue above the alter looks like. Maybe it's a god one of them will recognize...

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:14 pm 

Wet wet wet wet wet...

Finally the pool ended and she could get out, but her boots and socks and pants and legs and the bottom of her coat were all wet and yuck... Franky was lucky he could fly.

To take her mind off of it, Claire examined the strange scale, poking the plate that wasn't weighed down. Hmm... what happened if she put enough pressure on it to balance it?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 pm 

Lord Tinker tapped the wall, creating a little spark.

"I believe this is stone created with magic- it;s a quartz compound. Gather enough sand from the right place, mix it with the right compounds, and apply magic to turn it into stone. It won;t last forever, but it has amazing structural capacity. The plants probably grew on the first available decay." he craftily removed a little piece of moss, examining the roots.

"With that kind of fortification, this temple probably has the highest level of magical concentration left in the area..." he said, thinking to himself.

The flowers ere small, and grew in little clusters of bell-shapes. They were a little curious- mostly white, but one flower in each cluster was a random pastel color. They smelled faintly sweet, and slightly like cloves.

"Fantastic. So, any traps and spells won;t have worn off." His Grace pointed out, carefully dialing in a set of instructions- and drawing the water from the rest of the parties clothing as well.

The door was not only locked, but there was no easily visible keyhole- and the doors were so tight together not so much as light could get through. It seemed fairly normal, and Jackie couldn;t hear anything from the other side. Fredric pressed hsi ear against the door, listening.

"Ae c'n hear... runnin' water, an' somethin' clickin'. Naethin movin', ae think." he reported.

With a little of the moss moved away, the statue is a little more distinct- but it was unfamiliar to any modern pantheon. It appeared to be... somewhat confused looking man, wearing some kind of terrycloth robe...

A single poke revealed the weight was surprisingly heavy- quite difficult to push down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked carefully at the scales, muttering to herself.

"Hmmm.... mythology... oh, that old joke... couldn't hurt to try."

Reaching into her pack, Jane recovered a large, wispy feather. In response to Jackie's half-spoken question, Jane said, "Oh, there was once a rich old duke who kept a secret hoard of treasure hidden in his bedchamber. Until, that is, he fell in love with an extremely cunning woman who was after a number of magical artifacts... if I told you the full story, it could cause quite a scandal."

Carefully, Jane laid the feather on the other pan of the scale, saying, "For now, let's just abide by the mythological joke that's presented here, shall we?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 am 

The Lady was examining the scales now. Claire politely backed away. It wouldn't do to get in trouble with a Lady...

Perhaps the door... She went over to examine that. If it wasn't opening, there must be a reason.

Maybe the hinges were rusted? Or it was barred from the other side? There must have been some mechanism to open it at some point...

The Lord was very nice to get rid of the water. It made her feel much better, even if that creepy merchant WAS still watching her...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:15 am 

The feather just sort of sat there, not really doing much- how could it? The bronze-looking heart was fairly heavy, and the feather diddn't weigh a thing.

However, at least nothing *bad* happened.

Lord Tinker Sighed.

"Not that easy? Damn. I don;t suppose anyone recognizes the god, yet?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 pm 

"Nope, can't say that I recognize it. It couldn't be the Oh God of hangovers, could it?" Jackie quips. "He looks a comfortable sort of god, I'll give him that."
She gets back to a careful examination of the doors. Hinges-does the door seem as though it'd open in, or out? Any little carving to press or twist? Jackie's good at locks, but this door's tricky.
Lady Em shakes her head, pondering. "A god in a bathrobe, and a heart on a scale...." She gently pries up some more moss-from the alter this time. Maybe there'll be a clue to be found there.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:57 pm 

Lord Andrew examined the statue, tracing it's outline.

"I think this god is... carrying a cloth? How curious- he must have been worshiped here a long time ago. He does look rather likable, doesn't he?" he smiled, bemused by the set up. Honestly, it was easier than trying to navigate his *own* temple. At least this one diddn't have any overtones of seafood...

The alters carvings were still legible, and once again were repeated in several different runes- this time one of them was close enough to a modern language to be made out. What was revealed read: '...the hang of Tuesdays'.

The doors hinges opened outward from the room, judging by the hinges. The doors had, on close inspection, a carving of the weights, with the heart drawn on one end- what was on the other side was obscured by decay, but the scales carved were on an even balance.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:45 pm 

"The hang of tuesdays..." Jackie ponders. "Maybe he's the God of Mondays? Whatever he is, I think I've got the door figured out. We put something heavy on the scale. When the weight and the brass heart balance, I'll bet these doors will open. Notice how the same design is on the doors? We might as well give it a try."

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Suddenly, Jane understood.

"I've got it," she said, to no one in particular. "It wants gold. I thought it was one mythological pun, but it's another... does anyone have any gold?"

Everyone else looked at Jane, puzzled.

"OK. Remember those old legends about some guy... some inter-plane tourist, or hitchhiker? Don't ask me why, but the stories mentioned something about a 'Heart of Gold'... maybe the guy carried it with him. Or maybe it's the treasure of this temple..." She chuckled to herself. "Still, I think that's it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:38 am 

"Jane, I think you've got it. Almost." Jackie rubs her chin.
"Almost?" Jane arches an elegant eyebrow.
Jackie grins at her. "That heart is heavy. Maybe the heart isn't brass, but brass plated gold? I could be wrong, and it's just what it looks like. You could very well be right about what it wants, and we'll try it. But first..." Jackie walks over to Lord Tinker.
"Hey, Andrew-I think what the gent in the bathrobe wants is a perfect cup of tea. Can you pull one out of your magic bag for us?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:01 pm 

Lord Tinker raised an eyebrow, smiling. He reached into his sleeve and rummaged about, removing a little kettle, a pot, and a little bag of tea leaves. Finally he produced a delicate tea cup, and set the array on the altar.

"I may well be able to provide. I must say, if you're correct, then a god who is appeased by a nice spot of tea is a nice change of pace. Reminds me a bit of the Temple of Death- they mostly just take in stray kittens and attend funerals. Dry fellows." he said, summoning a thin strand of water from the pool, filling the kettle. He summoned a blue flame, and held it under the kettle to make it boil.

"Now, let's see... this should only take a moment. By the way- I must remind you all that I *am* a worshiper of he gods of Dark Secrets. So if we run into something like this again and we get stuck, I can pray for the answer... but it will, ah, unbalance me a little to do so..." he informed them, pouring the now steaming water into the teapot over a pinch of the tealeaves, which he left to seep. As an after thought, he produced a whole tea set to go with- no point wasting a lovely pot of tea, right?

In the meantime, Fredrik fluttered up to the scale, and carefully touched the hear- a smudge of dirt and dust came away, revealing it was, indeed, gold. But covered with dust, it had in fat *looked* like bronze.

"Ye was right, Miz Jane." Frederik said, nodding slightly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next