Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Wanna know more about your favorite characters other people are writing for? Ask your questions for other player's characters here. There's no guarantee that they'll answer, or that they won't lie, or refuse to answer, or something, but hey, you can ask!

For the ease of reference, all the previous question and answer thingies will also be archived here.

Hey Xerox? What's the weirdest conspiracy you've had to be involved in since joining M?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 pm 

Ok, here we go!
Professor Zobot wrote:
chicgeek wrote:
Ooh, question time!

Khan-Are you pretty much an ordinary tiger that has a brain, and can talk?

Khan: Yeah, pretty much. Which of course puts me already like, 3 rungs higher on the evolutionary ladder than yourself, I know. I can also understand other, non-verbose tigers, although they rarely have much of interest to talk about, especially since my species in general isn't very community-oriented. It's mostly territorial rights, mating disputes, and the occasional pose-off.

chicgeek wrote:
Have you ever been to India, or Asia?

Khan: Not really. Should I go? Are they interesting? My family quite literally lives in a hole under a club.

chicgeek wrote:
What are you planning on doing with your degree when you graduate?

Khan: Since the ability to dissect Marlowe (and gazelle) is of relatively little use in your human society, I'm going to become the leader of the feline uprising. At least, that's what I'm PLANNING on doing... also, I hear Project Skin Horse has set up some sort of televised Predator sports league. You humans will watch ANYTHING...

chicgeek wrote:
And is it true Xyon's banned you from the city parks for digging in the flower beds?

Sarcastic: Yes.

Khan: No.

Sahara: All I'll say about this is that my little Shere Khan brought me flowers every day for a whole WEEK after those flower beds and top soil mysteriously disappeared from the parks! *Nibbles on his ear affectionately*

chicgeek wrote:
Sahara-Do you have a job?

Sahara: Not really. But than again, most sapients without opposable thumbs don't have jobs. Creatures like Nick and Sweetheart are the lucky ones... Of course, then again, I don't pay taxes and don't particularly have any motivation to hunt for jobs, either.

chicgeek wrote:
Where do you live?

Sahara: I have a flat where I stay with two female human roommates in downtown Xyon! And they're both biologists, so they don't even mind when I bring home dead deer! It's fun. We have nights when we paint each other's claws and watch bad movies just to heckle them.

chicgeek wrote:
How do you take care of life's necessities if you don't have cash? Or does it all boil down to a steely eyed look that says, "I'm a super powered lioness, and just being a lioness is enough to make me an uber scary killing machine all by itself, so don't &%$# with me, hairless ape. And hurry up with that latte."

Sahara: You'd be surprised how often that works. I'm like the sort of lion tribal Jaegers would fear if they evolved on their own planet as the dominant species rather than just being made by Mad Scientists! And where *IS* that latte? If I have to wait another five seconds... grr!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claire: Hey, Sahara, what are you going to do when I turn Khan into a human again?

Edgar: Specifically, how many pieces am I going to have to sew back together, and will I be able to find at least half of them?

Claire: Shush. And what would you do if I turned you into a human?

Sahara: *Right eye twitches* Listen to me, you little housekitten... Khan is mine. My boyfriend! MINE MINE MINE! And NOboDIe's GOinG To sTEAL hIM aWAY, Or TURN HIM HUNAM, OR groomhisfur, or play WiTH his TaiL, or ANYTHInG, but ME! And if you dare try, I'm going to kill and eat you! GrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRrrrr! *Swipes a nearby tree, which falls over with large clawmarks on it, and crushes a nearby elderberry bush*

Khan: *As an aside* I'm going to confide in you... she thinks you were turning me human because you wanted to date me. Crazy, I know. It's not pretty when human-like jealousy and dominence instincts work together... kinda gets some of us talking animals a bit loopy.

Claire wrote:
Boxxy: *in lion/porcupine form* Do porcupines rate above or below humans?

Khan: Above. But below Anteaters and Echidnas.

Claire wrote:
Claire: And Khan, how did you and Sahara meet? And why aren't you afraid of the really big dogs?

Khan: Well, that's actually a funny story... Sahara's the better at telling it between the two of us, but since she's...*Looks over at Sahara*

Sahara: *Currently mauling Interpol agents trying to calm her down* GRRR! I CRUSH YOU, CLAIRE!

Khan: Yeah... anyways, I'll keep it short and tell the PG version. We met in the Xyon City Zoo special creatures wing, actually. You see, Sahara was visiting the United States for the first time, after figuring out she could talk during a chance encounter with a zoologist, and was looking around the world trying to make up her mind where she lived. The zookeepers there had asked her to give a speech to all the intelligent animals there for some reason, I forget. I had, uh, kinda gotten into a little tiff with my dad, and ran off the night before, only to be caught by some of these crazy "Mad Animal Catchers" guys that catch escaped lab experiments and put them in the zoo. I figured I'd probably stay there for the evening before swallowing my considerable pride and calling my parents with my one phone call for them to bust me out. Anyways, she was nervous before her speech and wandering around the exhibits and met up with me in the tiger pens. I guess I was a bit more charming than usual due to my rebellious streak, and I knew dating outside our felinoid sub-species would REALLY tick Dad off, so when she seemed interested I went for it, and we escaped from the zoo together. And the rest is history! More or less, anyway...

Claire wrote:
Archimedes: Arf arf grwwff bark rrrrr? Woof? <What were you aiming for with that stick, anyway? Did you hit it, or not?

Khan: Err... yes. Yes I did. And it totally saved the president.

Claire wrote:
Claire: AAAH! *flees up a tree*

Edgar: *chuckles* Good dog.

Khan: Is that all of them, then? Good... now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a place that makes catnip lattes before my girlfriend levels another wing of the college... We don't want her losing her engineering major again due to property damage...

(Khan and Sahara will be unable to answer any further questions until someone else gets asked some, due to Sahara raging and Khan trying to placate her)

Professor Zobot wrote:
David: Hi! We've got another question to answer! Now let's see what it is...

Quote:
Would you consider going out on a date with me?

David: *blinks*

Sarcastic: Who wrote that one? And who was it addressed to?

David: They've got to know I'm currently involved with An-

Elleb: <Who says it's for you?>

Michael: Darn fangirls... following me everywhere I go...

Sarcastic: Well, we all know it wasn't for you, brat!

Michael: As if anyone would show attention to you, sidekick. Sheesh, the girl gets ONE henchman to look her way and suddenly she thinks she's an idol...

Sarcastic: I didn't say that! Grr!

Michael: Go back to your dice, nerdgirl!

Sarcastic and Michael together:
I'LL KILL YOU! *Begin fighting, creating a cartoonish dustcloud*

David: Ah... I think that's a no in response to that question, sorry! But keep them coming, if you'd like!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Claire wrote:
Jennifer: Michael, what is your current world domination plan, and what's the easiest way to twist it to my own ends?

Edgar: You don't really think that's going to work, do you?

Jennifer: Eh, I figured it was worth asking.

Michael: There's no way you can possibly benefit from it, so I'll share. My current plan is <Spoilertagged!>

Michael: *Blinks* Wait, what? I'm not even allowed to talk about it?

The Writer: Nope!

Michael:
Bah. Fine, I'll just lie then. Jennifer, my current plan is to create an army of cloned Frederics and Claires and use them to conquer the entire world. There. Go ahead and plan for that, if you can!

Claire wrote:
Claire: Elleb, how does this whole 'magic' thing work, anyway?

Elleb: *Makes a lot of musical noise that no one except Tinker really understands.

The Writer: Huh. I never really thought about it that way. So insightful!

Claire wrote:
Crash: Sarcastic, have you ever tried to start a fashion trend by wearing something really weird and then constantly changing your hair and glasses during the day, to make it seem like fifty people were wearing whatever it was?

Sarcastic: Well, I'm not actually proud of it now, but...umm... that's kinda how Tamagotchis got popular in the first place.

Professor Zobot wrote:
chicgeek wrote:
Richard-you're a cool character. Will we be seeing more of you in the future?

Richard: Thank you, miss. And yes. I'll be appearing in this chapter in a bigger role, actually. And possibly in other chapters as well... it seems like I can't manage to stay out of the affairs of Mads for long.

chicgeek wrote:
When did you meet Lady D.? After you became a surgeon, when you were still a student? It'd be interesting to see your first meeting. Heck, it'd be interesting to see Richard Toboz in a post solo.

Richard: I met her after I became a surgeon. To be honest, I became an accredited doctor very very early for the profession. In any other world I'd be called a prodigy, but in a world with people who can laugh manically while growing replacement hearts on a tomato plant, I'm actually fairly mundane. As for our first meeting, my lady actually kidnapped me.

Lady Drezebel: You'd be surprised how many relationships with Mads start out due to Stockholm's syndrome.

Richard: Although the full tale of our first meeting will be told here eventually, the general gist of why I was kidnapped is because my fiancee was...creating her idea of a perfect boyfriend by painting various different physical aspects of different men. She had picked me for... *cough* well, suffice to say she saw me clothingless far before I saw her. Her attempt didn't go so well, but-

Lady Drezebel: D-do we have to talk about that? *Clings to Richard and holds him, sniffling sadly*

Richard: But I've promised not to talk about it. I'm sorry.

chicgeek wrote:
David, has Kathleen Risk insisted on you and Andrew coming over for dinner yet?

David: I don't even know if she knows we're dating, actually. Given how she and I first met during the Mad Sci Convention, and how I kiiiiinda interfered with her fight, I sorta expected more death attempts once she DID find out about myself and her son's romantic contact.

chicgeek wrote:
And what's your favorite ice cream flavor?

David: Are we just talking about Ice Cream here? Because my actual favorite frozen treat is rainbow sherbert. Yum! Although I also like Tangarine or Lime or Raspberry flavored Sorbet as well. And Gelato... but if it's just ice cream we're talking about, then my favorite flavor is cookie dough. It's delicious!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 pm 

And the Claire questions are here now too!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Sarcastic: Hey Claire... I have a question for you, and your author doesn't have a "ask the characters questions" thingie, so I figured I'd ask it here. I was reading about cats a bit lately and some of the books I've looked at say they have trouble distinguishing certain colors. So I wanted to ask if you have the same problem, or if your eyes are more like human ones...

Michael: You're wasting your time, you know. Even if she DOES have trouble seeing certain colors, how would she possibly know that she does?

Sarcastic: Quiet, madboy. This is my question and I wanna ask it.

Claire wrote:
Claire: Oh, that's easy! I can see the standard colors just fine, but I have trouble seeing shiny unless it's really obvious. Grandpa can see shiny really well, but I think he can see colors normally, too. Edgar checked my eyes, so I know what I can and can't see- that's also why he won't upgrade my eyes to make it easier to see when stuff is shiny or give me better night-vision. He's worried I won't be able to see colors as well and then I'd be sad. Actually, most of the feline stuff only comes in personality-wise at this point, unless Edgar decides to mutate me some more. But I have a tail now, so he probably won't.

Jennifer: Um... how much of that explanation actually made sense to anyone? And before you ask, 'shiny' in this context has something to do with hyper-dimensional or time-travel. I think.

Writer: You know, maybe I *should* do an 'ask the characters' section... Well, feel free to ask anyone any questions, (here or in ToM) although they of course reserve the right to not answer or just outright lie about it. (although I'll make sure they tell the truth unless there's an actual reason for them to do otherwise- like asking Jennifer anything about 'fixing' her cousins)

chicgeek wrote:
Claire-do your parents or grandparents have any of the feline characteristics, or is it just you? Will we get to see your time travelling grandpa? He sounds pretty cool. And is it true you and Rolf are responsible for the end of the all you can eat sushi bar?
I would ask Arthur about the accent that comes and goes, but I'm pretty sure he'd just say 'what accent?'. So, has Code totally dismantled your lab yet?
I know Claire didn't like college, but how about her cousins? Did they all go, or are any of them self taught?
And since all the cool kids are doing it, and I'm a blatent copycat to boot-ask my characters questions if you want. They may or may not answer...

Claire wrote:
Claire: Dad has claws and a good sense of smell, (which is why I usually remember to account for scent) and Grandpa has that *and* pointy teeth *and* good night vision. Stuff keeps getting sequenced out for some reason. *grumbles*

James: You're enough of a handful without claws.

Claire: I don't know if Grandpa is ever going to show up... he's kind of shy, actually... and I'm not going to call him to rescue me or anything because he'd want me to spend time with him and then I wouldn't get to see anyone for years.

Jennifer: And the sushi bar?

Claire: We were only there for a few hours! You'd think an 'all-you-can-eat' sushi bar would be prepared for people who can eat a lot...

Arthur: Code hasn't gotten to everything yet. The teleporter keeps zapping him whenever he gets too close, and I put a bunch of traps around my computer. He managed to dismantle a few of the more general death-traps, though.

Code: I know how to build 'spiky ceiling of doom' traps now!

Arthur: Although he keeps electrocuting himself. It doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent.

Jennifer: As far as college, well...

Edgar: We generally get taught by our parents up through college level.

Neal: If we want to go further, it's either self-taught or steal someone else's notes.

Isaac: I made it through a few years of grad school...

Jennifer: I got bored around the second class when there weren't any demonstrations or anything.

Anson: We tend not to do well in a classroom environment. I still don't get the point of tests... they just taught me the material; they must know it. So why are they asking me?

Neal: And apparently 'my homework was destroyed when my lab got blown up and everything caught fire' isn't a legitimate excuse, for some reason. And I really don't see the point of doing the homework twice.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 pm 

Excellent!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:53 pm 

Claire: Professor Tinker, how did you get all the way through college? How can you *teach*? Isn't it scary?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Wally: So, Professor Tinker, what is it exactly I do as your assistant? I mean, I remember showing up at your doorstep most days, and I remember leaving, but I'm kinda fuzzy on the in between.

Incidentally, feel free to ask any of my characters questions. It'll help, cause I'll be forced to come up with the answers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:40 pm 

Ok... Lagos, what exactly is your favorite weapon in your arsenal?

Wallace, how exactly do you prevent fights from breaking out when War and Lagos get angry at each other? Or is that more of a "try and find someplace to hide and wait it out" sort of situation

Beeblebrox, what do you do when you're not in a scene, performing?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Heh heh heh.

This will be interesting. Go ahead-- Jane's ready to answer questions. In an evil way, of course.
(Heh heh heh.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:15 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Hey Xerox? What's the weirdest conspiracy you've had to be involved in since joining M?

Xerox: As a colleague once said 'A conspiracy is just what happens when one person screws up, and 15 people have to try and fix it'. But... honestly? Hands down the pie-fight that broke out at UN. The event may not sound that weird, but the cover up was- 15 different countries variations of M having to work together? Lord... weird dosn't begin to over it.

Claire wrote:
Claire: Professor Tinker, how did you get all the way through college? How can you *teach*? Isn't it scary?

Andrew: Hee! Not really- After my... incident, I just wanted to get as far away as I could from everyone who knew me, who knew about what happened... and Father. I wasn't in a good place. So as it turned out, collage was my sanctuary- I found peace in the cold arms of academia. And I adore Teaching because it makes me feel... close to normal. I don't... desire normalcy like I used to. I've realized it wouldn't solve anything for me. But I still like the feeling of just being someones eccentric teacher for a while.

Wallycaine wrote:
Wally: So, Professor Tinker, what is it exactly I do as your assistant? I mean, I remember showing up at your doorstep most days, and I remember leaving, but I'm kinda fuzzy on the in between.

Andrew: Hmm? Oh, it's pretty average stuff. Some paper grading, some filing... a little help with my lesson plan, or some help repairing a book. Unorthodox experiments beyond the ken of man as pertaining to the effect of beliefs on the fabric of reality, genetic sampling used to diversify the genetic diversity of the Grue.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 pm 

Lagos: Hmm... that's a difficult one to answer. I mean, there's a lot of options, you know? I probably use the missiles the most often, but I'd have to say that my favorites are the 'low grade' fusion bombs. Well, for certain values of 'low grade,' anyways.

Wally: What? I never equipped you with anything like that!

Lagos: You can't just go equipping a girl with triply redundant power plants without expecting her to do something with it. Geez, you'd almost think you put them in there as backups or something.

Wally: ....Anyways, I generally stay out of the way and just try to keep them talking. Though, honestly, it doesn't come up too often though. War figured out fairly quickly what would set Lagos off, and just stays away from the subject. Actually, it's sometimes a little eerie how well the two of them get along.

Beetlebrox: >Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Mostly, I just keep track of information and smack the writer when he's about to create a plothole. It doesn't always work, especially since I don't actually have arms to hit him with, but we're working on it<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 pm 

Jane Narbon... Hm. Here's a few brief questions for you:

1) What is your favorite food, and what sort of beverage would you prefer with it?

2) What do you like to do when you're not planning acts of sinister evil?

3) Having won several awards during the Mad Sci Awards, and having won the Grand Prix, what do you consider to be your next major goal?

4) Which would be your general preference? Destroying the world or conquering it?

5) True to the lyrics of the song, have you ever actually "Blinded someone with science"?

And, last but not least:

6) What would you say was the most interesting confrontation with a "good guy" that you've ever had? What about with another bad guy?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 am 
Hyperkeeper

The Perfects confidently stroll in.

Helen Gamma: I think we'd love to participate.
(to the group) Wouldn't we?

(V mutters something to herself.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 am 

Ask any of my characters what you will-as Wally said, it'll force me to think of stuff!

Xerox, Zeroks, Xxxy, whoever- would you ever arrest Jess, Jackie, nJess, whoever, if you caught her red handed? Do all variants of Xerox have a weakness for sugar? And what's your favorite dessert, each of you?

SoItBegins-what are you up to in Hell? Do you have weekly power lunches with Lady Morningstar?

Radcliffe, what are you up to during the summer? Still working for your Mad professor? Will we see you in Xyon any time soon?

Franky, why do you speak with a Scottish accent?

Wally. is any one else in your family Mad? Are you an only child? Did you go to school after you went mad at six, or were you home schooled?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 am 

Helen Gamma- Did you learn your particular... skills from a parent, or were they self-taught? Did you teach the other members of the group, or did some of them come with prior knowledge? Are you all trained for physical combat as well as mental?

Jess- What was the shiniest thing you ever stole?

Khan- How did you chose your major? What kind of a job do you want after you graduate? Do you usually eat in a dining hall, or do you prepare your own food?

Farnsworth and Minerva- What book (or scroll, fragment, you get the idea) are you each most proud of obtaining for the library?

Beeblebrox- How rigid is your programming? Can you alter it yourself, or do you have to get Wally to do that? Or do you never need to?

Lagos, Fredric, and Freddie: Have any of you seen Night of the Lepus?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 am 

Radcliffe: Weee'll ya see Miss Chicgeek I-

Dr. Andronicus: *clobbers Radcliffe with hammer* Don't bother with my henchman dear. He's working for me and I don't share every fraction of my plans with him. We are coming to Xyon.

College Administrator: Professor you have a summer class to teach.

Dr. Andronicus: I am going to Xyon.

Radcliffe: *picking himself off the ground* I'd run iffin I was you lady.

College Administrator: G-G-G-Good Idea. *flees*

I'd ask a question myself, but I can't think of one. Everyone feel free to ask me though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am 

Claire wrote:
Khan- How did you chose your major? What kind of a job do you want after you graduate? Do you usually eat in a dining hall, or do you prepare your own food?

Khan: You know? Back in the pit below Club Malevois, there's really not much to do in-between eating the odd person who falls down there, or force-feeding them Enlightenment tea, or whatever mother and father feel like doing to them next. And the thing about Mad Scientists is? Well, they have a tendency to carry a lot of books on them, for some reason. So I grew up reading a lot. But back when I was just a kitten, before my little sisters were born, some guy fell in the club's tiger pit and barely escaped. Mother and father did make him drop a bag of books, though... and one of them was a Sherlock Holmes novel. I was just learning how to read, and it was one of the few books of fiction I had found thus far. I didn't even know humans could think about stuff like mysteries! No offense, but back then I thought all you guys did all day was grunt, throw pointed sticks at each other, and draw up complicated scientific diagrams in leatherbacked tomes.

Khan: *Folding his paws* So yeah... after reading that book, I wanted to read more fiction. So I just kept reading and never really stopped. Going to college for literature studies just sorta made sense, I guess. I don't know what job I'm gonna get when I graduate. I'll probably go back to the tiger pits, I guess... I'm thinking of trying to negotiate with the club's owners to start paying us a wage, or at least a commission on every person we eat. Oh, and sooner or later I'll organize the feline revolution and overthrow you apes, but that's more of a long-term goal. As for your dining hall question? It really depends on my mood and who I'm eating with. Humans have a tendency to find killing and eating things in the woods a bit macabre, so when I'm hanging out with Sarcastic or any of my other human friends, I usually just eat at a dining hall. I also do that when I'm lazy. But when I'm feeling particularly feral, or ill-tempered, or if I'm trying to impress Sahara, or if I'm just in the mood to hunt, I usually prepare some traditional tiger cuisine the way grandmother probably would have prepared it.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:22 am 
Hyperkeeper

chicgeek wrote:
SoItBegins-what are you up to in Hell? Do you have weekly power lunches with Lady Morningstar?

SiB: (laughs) No, although it does sound like a good idea. I usually have a weekly power struggle with her instead.

Claire wrote:
Helen Gamma- Did you learn your particular... skills from a parent, or were they self-taught? Did you teach the other members of the group, or did some of them come with prior knowledge? Are you all trained for physical combat as well as mental?

HGN: Well, here goes.
Mom taught me everything she knew, then we sat down together and tried to make it even better. It's fun.
The other group members... some of them had their own skills-- Vanessa was skilled at romantic manipulation, and at hiding her intelligence when I met her. I did train them all, though.
I've taught the others basic unarmed combat-- self-defense, and enough offense as they might need for anything we're likely to encounter. That said, V was already pretty good when I stumbled onto her, and she hasn't needed much encouragement to keep learning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:39 am 

Claire wrote:

Fredric: Night of th' wot?

Freddy: Haw! Yep, both versions, ma'm. Th' posi versions a righ' terrble flick, but in our 'verse it's a respected horror series.

chicgeek wrote:
Xerox, Zeroks, Xxxy, whoever- would you ever arrest Jess, Jackie, nJess, whoever, if you caught her red handed? Do all variants of Xerox have a weakness for sugar? And what's your favorite dessert, each of you?

Luc: It's a multi-universal constant- they need sugar for their hyper metabolism- the same metabolism that means their all lightweights.

Xerox: If I caught her red handed, and it was my jurisdiction? In a heartbeat. Mind you, once we're married it'll be a whole legal finagle, but... let's just say I assume she;s still too good to get caught that easily.

Xxxy: Can, have, and will again! My adorable little soldier of justice and I... It's a game we play together. Mein Fuher issued her a 'white stamp'- means she gets arrested, but there's no repercussions. It's good for social moral.

Zeroks: ... I'm not sure. I'd like to say that I could, but I just can't say with confidence I could go through with it.

Xerox: Desserts? A good slice of Tiramisu... but I would say my first dessert is still my favorite. It was shaved ice with lime syrup- Dad made it for me a few days afetr they brought me hone. It was the first sweet thing I ever had.

Xxy: Cherry liqueur candies, crushed and served over vanilla ice-cream. With the really good ice cream that's all fluffy and sweet? Nothing better.

Zeroks: The bakery near m does this really nice fruit tart- fresh fruit, loads of sugar, the works.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 am 

chicgeek wrote:
Wally. is any one else in your family Mad? Are you an only child? Did you go to school after you went mad at six, or were you home schooled?

Wally: Hmm... yes, that's a tou-Hey look, a demonic duck! Anybody? Alright, I suppose I've got to answer now. No, as far as I know, no one else in the family has any Madness, though there are rumors about my dad's Great Uncle. Still, they're just rumors, and he's been gone a while, so no way to ask. I'm technically an only child, though my older half brother grew up with me. I think he's working as a negotiator for Mads now a days. I think all those days of fighting over Teddy actually did him some good. At first, I was home schooled, since that was easier back when the rampages outnumbered the naps. Back then, mom and dad got a lot of help from M, since raising a Mad kid had a lot in common with wrangling Mads in general. Then, around when I was twelve, we moved out of town to a private school that specialized in Madness, both young creations and children. So, really, a bit of everything. I didn't do too badly at school, either. Well, at least until the community college incident. We don't like to talk about that.

Claire wrote:
Beeblebrox- How rigid is your programming? Can you alter it yourself, or do you have to get Wally to do that? Or do you never need to?

Beetlebrox: >Well, my programming isn't really that rigid. In fact, though I can't actually access it to directly alter it, I can mess with it through repeated exercise of my discretion in a particular direction. Basically, I can build habits how ever I like, just as long as I work at it<

Lagos: Hmm... No, I don't think I have. *Mentally accesses imdb* Huh. You know, I bet I could make something like that, except it would be-

Wally: *Interrupting him* No.

Lagos: But-

Wally: No. We aren't having any gigantic rabbits, or rabbit robots, or anything like that hopping around.

Lagos: Aww...

Anyways, on to asking questions.

Chic, how long are you planning on letting Wally stay at the lab?

Andrew, what books are you going through in your introduction to Lit class?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Franky, why do you speak with a Scottish accent?

Franky: When ah was a wee kit, ah waetched a lot 'a plays when Dad waes werkin'. Apparn'tlaey ah picked oop th accent.

[quote=Wallycaine]
Andrew, what books are you going through in your introduction to Lit class?[/quote]

Andrew: The complete works of Neil Gaiman, A selection of Issac Asimov, as well as H. P. Lovecraft. And a thorough look at the concept of the ontological mystery, as expressed through the mediums of severe emotional reaction. For this reason I have taken the liberty of procuring a copy of the entire Silent Hill, Paper Mario, Bioshock, and Fatal Frame video game series for the entire class, as well as the correct hardware. Then, if their grades slip, I'll threaten to take them back.

Xerox: ... you;re an evil man, Tinker.

Andrew: Oh, I am aware.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:43 pm 

Hee! I volunteer Janitor, Derek, and Trebaruna. Especially since Janitor keeps pushing me onto a writer's block.
Janitor: It's not my fault you keep standing next to it!

Xerox, how do you find interns? Is there an interview process? Qualifications you look for? What happens if they decide to leave the Hive Mind? (Can they?)

Claire, do you have a favorite trap to get past? Or one that's really easy for you?

David, what makes you laugh?

Derek: Professor Tinker! Do you teach the story of Aladdin, and if so did you ever teach a girl named -
Janitor: *pushes Derek onto the writer's block* Heh heh. I wonder how that affects someone who doesn't write...?
Derek: Ajfuwb jsiai wbd!
Janitor: Interesting.

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:16 pm 

Xerox: The application paperwork is either delivered to you with the basic government interning package, or you can request it. I interview you like every other applicant, and then you get a tour around and a briefing from an Intern, and if *we* decide to hire you, and you decide to join, that's that. As far as I understand, it takes varying lengths to Hive Mind in, and some people end up in different levels of connection. After they leave?

Xerox: ... as I understand, you *can* disconnect, but since it's not too invasive most people don't. A few ex Interns go on to other things, but a lot of them remain 'on reserve'.

Andrew: Hmm? Oh, yes I did, as a matter of fact. Why?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:38 pm 

Claire: Favorite death trap to get past? Hmmm... tough... I tend to enjoy the ones that combine several, honestly- knives and pit or lasers and crushing walls. Hey, can I count Castle Heterodyne as one trap? That place is so much fun to play in! Although I'm still not sure if it hates me and wants to kill me or thinks I'm really fun to repeatedly try to kill or both... Easiest to get past is probably most of the 'toxic gas' ones, because almost all of them don't affect me so I can just walk right through. Death traps are fun! I also have a really soft spot for 'attach the Hero to an explosive' and 'strap the Hero down and fire up a slow-moving laser.' The really long exact timing ones are fun to set up, too. Dad taught me about those- I think it was Dr. Goldberg who did most of them?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
David, what makes you laugh?

David: Hm? Lots of things, I guess... *Scratches his head* I mean, I'm pretty ticklish if you know where, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about. I guess you'd have to be more specific? I dunno how to answer this one...

Trebaruna... how exactly do you pronounce your name? And how may different inaccurate pronunciations have you had to deal with?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:10 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jane Narbon... Hm. Here's a few brief questions for you:

1) What is your favorite food, and what sort of beverage would you prefer with it?

Jane: Linguine, with Parmesan cheese-- and a nice fruit juice blend (or one of those glowing blue cocktails that you can sip coolly.)

Professor Zobot wrote:
2) What do you like to do when you're not planning acts of sinister evil?

Jane: I relax... I invent... sometimes, I go out and mess with people... I'm also working on a romance novel. A love triangle, between three villains.

Professor Zobot wrote:
3) Having won several awards during the Mad Sci Awards, and having won the Grand Prix, what do you consider to be your next major goal?

Jane: I'm not sure yet. Maybe perfecting the ******* **** prototypes in the corner of my lab.

Professor Zobot wrote:
4) Which would be your general preference? Destroying the world or conquering it?

Jane: Conquering. More fun to do, though it would be a lot of work once my Empire was complete.

Professor Zobot wrote:
5) True to the lyrics of the song, have you ever actually "Blinded someone with science"?

Jane: Ooooh... many times. :twisted: My favorite moments involved a chemical I came up with that would delay the target's senses a tiny bit, no more than a second or two. Obviously, it didn't actually blind them, but it was incredibly funny to watch.
(Her eyes start to go nostalgic.)
I remember now... I'd made it as a spray... packaged into a tiny spray can... you could hide that thing so many places-- you wouldn't even believe some of them (until it was too late, of course). Oh, me and Chic had so much fun tricking people into sprays of that stuff... no one ever expected it...

The Writer: Now see what you did? (gets Jane back onto an even keel)

Professor Zobot wrote:
And, last but not least:

6) What would you say was the most interesting confrontation with a "good guy" that you've ever had? What about with another bad guy?

Jane: The most interesting confrontation with a 'good guy'? Probably my recent talk with Andrew.
I don't know for fellow bad guys. It's always more interesting to try and subtly mess with them... and if you know how, it's amazing what you can get away with (without looking like you did it.)
...heh. Heh. Heh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 pm 

Answers! But first a follow up question. I asked-Xerox, Zeroks, Xxxy, whoever- would you ever arrest Jess, Jackie, nJess, whoever, if you caught her red handed?

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Xerox: If I caught her red handed, and it was my jurisdiction? In a heartbeat. Mind you, once we're married it'll be a whole legal finagle, but... let's just say I assume she;s still too good to get caught that easily.

Writer-You'd really send her to jail? Wow...Well, she knew what you were like when you met.

Xxxy: Can, have, and will again! My adorable little soldier of justice and I... It's a game we play together. Mein Fuher issued her a 'white stamp'- means she gets arrested, but there's no repercussions. It's good for social moral.

My adorable little soldier of justice? Sounds like a magical girl-which I know no version of Jess could ever be! Anyway, Xxxy, are you and nJess hitched, or planning on it?

Claire wrote:
Jess- What was the shiniest thing you ever stole?

Jess-Hmm, so many choices. I'd have to say the Iron Sheik's Aria Diamond-made the Hope Diamond look like something you'd find in your crackerjacks.
Claire wrote:
Farnsworth and Minerva- What book (or scroll, fragment, you get the idea) are you each most proud of obtaining for the library?

Farnsworth- I'd have to say those books from NegaTinker's personal library, although I didn't retrieve them by myself, of course. And they were given to Minerva for her personal collection. What else? Let me ponder the matter...

Minerva-And that was so sweet of Farnsworth, Andrew, and Thaddeus to do for me! I'd have to say retriving the lost library of Alexandria. I seldom use time travel, and this wasn't just one book to retrieve, but an entire library-and without disrupting history. I'm very careful about such things.
Wallycaine wrote:
I'm technically an only child, though my older half brother grew up with me. I think he's working as a negotiator for Mads now a days.

A follow up-does your older brother work with M?

Chic, how long are you planning on letting Wally stay at the lab?

Chic-I don't plan on kicking Wally out-it's nice having him around. Especially since the factory has oodles of space for two labs. So I've never broached the subject with him. Of course, with myself, Wally, Lagos, and War all under one roof, the odds go up that this space will get blown up, too...

And now I'm wanting to see a Xxxy and nJess Tale of Madness...

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:30 pm 

Xxxy: *flushes red* I-I'm working on it. Just very time I try to say 'I love you, please make me the happiest bastard in the world' I open my muth and something insulting comes out.

nTinker: It's true- I've seen it. It may be cruel of me, but it actually pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:38 pm 

Mecha: Do you ever need to sleep? It's an interesting question, in my opinion...

As a purely random question: Lord Tinker, Nega-Tinker, and Andrew Tinker: If the three of you were to get into a Scrabble game of champions, which of the three of you do you believe would win?

Eric Tinker: If you and Katty Risk had indeed managed to have a second child, what do you think they would have been named?

Would anyone be interested in another "Frankenstein Grand Prix"-ish sort of event, except with different events at a later point in time?

Wally: Have you ever had a creation turn on you and try and destroy you? I mean, seriously destroy you?

Jennifer Umbra: Out of everyone in your family, who do you think is the hardest to mess with?

Jess: What's your most embarrassing story about Emily?

Jane Narbon: Have you ever had a part-time job in Sales? For some reason I get the feeling you'd be good at it.

So It Begins: How did you go Mad?

Ariel: What's the deal with you not needing a body?

Thaddeus: If you could have a super power, any super power, which one would you pick?

And lastly: Andrew Tinker: Why doesn't your Menagerie have a Dotted Lion in it?

Elleb: <Ooo! I think I know the answer to that last one! It's because he bought Pokemads: Plutonium rather than Pokemads: Uranium, and he hasn't found anyone to trade with yet! Right? Right?>

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Mecha: Do you ever need to sleep? It's an interesting question, in my opinion...

Mecha- Good question! And...not exactly. I'm made of nonorganic material, but I am a plant. Plants don't sleep, but they do have periods of slowed growth or dormancy. And no, I have no idea what would send me into a dormant state-the change of seasons doesn't affect me. No, I don't set seed, and no, you can't take a cutting. I'm unique! I bloom stuff like led lights and machine buttons, and bear things like gears and circuit boards-but planting any of that won't do any good. It's just how I was designed, as attack grove and parts supplier. But my creator never expected me to gain sentience, hee hee!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Would anyone be interested in another "Frankenstein Grand Prix"-ish sort of event, except with different events at a later point in time?

Sure! I enjoyed the Prix. I think another round of Mad Sci Awards sometime in the future would be fun, too.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jess: What's your most embarrassing story about Emily?

Jess- Heh. I'll get back to you on that one.

Chic- No she won't! *glares*

Jess- Ah, come on-how about that time with-

Chic- You realize, I could come back with one just as embarassing about you, don't you?

Jess- On due consideration, I find I cannot fink on a childhood friend. Shame on you for asking!

Writer- Most embarassing moment-I may have to do a tales of madness sometime...thanks, Zobot!

Jess and Chic exchange a look. in sync- Get her.

Writer- AIYEE!! *runs*

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:50 pm 

Quote:
As a purely random question: Lord Tinker, Nega-Tinker, and Andrew Tinker: If the three of you were to get into a Scrabble game of champions, which of the three of you do you believe would win?

Lord Tinker: Only one way to find out... Gentlemen?

Andrew: Of course. Regular, or three dimensional?

nTinker: Give me a moment- I find it fastest to draw up a non aggression pact before these sorts of things, personally...

Andrew: Of course, obviously the victor will be decided purely by teh luck of our tile draws and the pattern of play, due to the three of us being equally matched, but it;s more fun like this.

Quote:
Eric Tinker: If you and Katty Risk had indeed managed to have a second child, what do you think they would have been named?

Eric: Probably either Max or Aurthur. For a girl, we were thinking Liona... Katty wanted her to be called 'Licorice'. We... we talked about it a lot.

Quote:

Luc: YES.

Quote:
And lastly: Andrew Tinker: Why doesn't your Menagerie have a Dotted Lion in it?

Andrew: Because they;re not a video game refference or an element from a peice of beloved fiction. I have a theme to uphold, you know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next