Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:29 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Chic: Sports? Well, after I started college I got interested in the Calvinball league. I still keep up with it occasionaly.
Go Redding Tigers! Rah Rah!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:08 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Frederic and/or Cleese: How do you think Cleese would respond if he/she/it encountered a DnD-esque Black Pudding?

Eta: Is there anything you find scary? You haven't had any trouble with the monster under your bed, have you?

Cleese: Nom nom nom?

Fredric: Oi think somehow it;d end u wi a lot a noise an cleese sittin' onna dam patch on th' dungeon floor...

Eta: I'm not scawed of anything! Exept.... weww... I'm scawed of fawies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:44 pm 

To anyone in the cast who feels like answering:

A) Hypothetical question: You've just accidentally come into contact with the evil Automatic Toppings Machine, and it's teleported you away to the future of an alternate universe that would be personally horrifying to you. What is this universe like?

B) Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream more?

C) What is your favorite movie?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

A) Hypothetical question: You've just accidentally come into contact with the evil Automatic Toppings Machine, and it's teleported you away to the future of an alternate universe that would be personally horrifying to you. What is this universe like?

Miss Clay: *shudders* All I am willing to say is that it is no place for me

Hawk: I dunno, maybe where there is no personality or science. Somewhere along those lines.

Miss Clay: Chocolate of course

Hawk: Vanilla

Miss Clay: I have many, one is the notebook

Hawk: I rather enjoy the last Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:20 pm 

Demo: A world where all human life has been wiped out.

Kinestro: A world where my kinetic devices don't work. *shudder*

Foigran: ... A place where people don't feel fear or despair.

Demo:Vanilla. It's easier to detect toxins that have been placed in vanilla.

Kinestro: Mint. It's far superior to all ice creams

Foigran: Ice cream? What's that?

Demo: I don't watch movies. They aren't accurate to real life at all.

Kinestro:The Gurren Lagann Movie!

Foigran: The cube.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: It's sugary and syrupy and everyone's always happy and nothing ever goes wrong and waaah! *cries*

Crash: *gives Claire her teddy bear* Somewhere really low tech, with no internet and no Tufties. ... *sniffles and hugs a Tufty*

Jennifer: I'd have to say something like Claire's... anywhere with- *shudders* Care Bears, really. *hugs her rubber ducky*

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: Yay ice cream!

Crash: Vanilla, 'cause then you can put all sorts of good caramel and fruit toppings and stuff on it. And Claire, you need to actually answer the question.

Claire: Oh... um... ice cream is my favorite?

Crash: You have to pick chocolate or vanilla.

Claire: ...vanilla, because you can add cocoa powder and make it chocolate, but you can't make chocolate ice cream vanilla.

Crash: I don't think that's how you're supposed to answer it...

Claire: I picked one, didn't I?

Jennifer: *watches to see if Claire and Crash are done yet* Ok, I prefer chocolate.

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: Anything with lots of splosions and fighting and splosions!

Crash: The Matrix! *demented grin*

Jennifer: Umm... I actually really liked the Sherlock Holmes movie a lot...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:32 pm 

Alright, for the entire cast-

Do you have a catchphrase/slogan/motto? What is it? (if you don't have one, feel free to pick one you'd like to have :D )

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 am 

Claire wrote:

Do you have a catchphrase/slogan/motto? What is it? (if you don't have one, feel free to pick one you'd like to have :D )

Hawk: My slogan would be "Business is business and action is action." I don't think I need a catchphrase.

Miss Clay: Humph catchphrases are silly

Hawk: I think yours should be "It's whacking time!"

Miss Clay: *whacks Hawk*

Hawk: Ow! How about "Whack till you drop"

Miss Clay: *whacks hawk again*

Hawk: Ow! Ok ok. How about "Head-whacked"

Miss Clay: *whacks hawk in the head*

Hawk: Ow! There is no pleasing you is there?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 am 

Claire wrote:

Demo: Why would I bother with something ridiculous like that?

Kinestro: Everyone knows my catchphrase. 'DOOOOOOM!!!' and my slogan, 'I AM DR. KINESTRO!(tm)!!!'

Foigran: My motto; 'If it aint broke, I'll break it.'

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:
Jane: Hypothetical question. If you needed, for whatever reason, to get David Toboz to sign a contract without reading it, WITHOUT using mind control, how do you think you'd pull it off?

Jane: Oh, there's lots of ways... the Autograph-Seeker Ploy always works particularly well... or there's the Subtle Contract Switch.... ooh, or the Carbon Copy Check! All that would be hard is deciding what method to use...

Quote:

Jane: A Universe where the Narbons are a line of bona fide, Lawful Good heroes (virtual Girl Scouts) without a sneaky bone in their bodies. And I get to meet the current scion of the line. Eeeurgh.

Jane: I'm quite partial to chocolate, preferably with a hint of fruit— that said, you cannot beat vanilla for seduction.

Jane: Movies? I have many favorites, but I particularly enjoy "The Illusionist", "The Accidental Spy", "The Importance of Being Earnest" (the new version), any James Bond movie (he does great comedy!), and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

Quote:

Jane: A catchphrase... hmm. "Heh. Heh. Heh." is good, but I also like the sound of a bright, cheery "Gotcha! :mrgreen:"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm 

Quote:
Professor Zobot wrote:

Chic: Ugh, that happened once. Every friend I had was a dark, twisted version that despised me-and there was no electricity in the whole world! Getting home was....difficult.

Quote:

Chic: Chocolate! Although my very favorite is this chocolate-coffee blend, with almonds. Yum!

Kid Atomic: Vanilla, natch. How else are you going to make a sublime ice cream soda? Although there's not as many soda fountains around as there should be.

Quote:

Chic:Oh, that's tough. There's this old WWII movie called 'Stairway To Heaven, or a Matter of Life and Death', that's so romantic. I love Evil Roy Slade, and the Blues Brothers. I think one of these days when Jane and I go to the mall, we have to replicate that car chase scene.

Quote:
Claire asked-
Do you have a catchphrase/slogan/motto? What is it? (if you don't have one, feel free to pick one you'd like to have )

Chic: This one is from Gumball Rally. The Italian race car driver someone has hired immediately breaks the rear view mirror off the car he's been given, with a shrug and the words-"What's a behind you is not important." Hmm, I suppose that's more of a philosophy than a catchphrase....
There's always the Innocent Expression and Big brown eyes (tm), accompanied by a "Who, me?"
(giggles)

Mecha: "It's clobberin' time!"
Sparky: Oh, you do not say that.
Mecha: Well, maybe I'll start! Those Daves don't try to break in anymore, that's for certain.
Sparky: Yeah, but what if you scare off the pizza delivery next time?
Mecha: It's not very good anyway. I thought that bread dipped in oil sounded tasty, but they totally messed it up! It was some nasty stuff pressed out of olives, not proper engine oil at all!
Sparky: *sighes*

Quote:
SiB asked-
All cast: You're sitting in bar, and you suddenly acquire the irresistible urge to hustle somebody. You have almost any method you can dream up at your disposal. Who do you pick, and how do you do it?

Chic: I'd pick a jerk. Someone who I thinks deserves a little 'special treatment'. And as for how? I use my holoprojector just enough to hide my jaegerness. Bat my eyes, get him in a game against some toughs-let him think it's his idea, and that he's impressing me. Pool, poker, whatever. Fix things so that he's caught cheating. I give him a wounded gaze and leave, despite his protests of innocence. And when he has to pay back the money he owes, he'll discover his wallet is mysteriously missing....

Farnsworth: I usually am more, shall we say, direct? in expressing my displeasure with a miscreant. But I have been know to make exceptions...
I recognized this one fellow, an utter cad, whilst at the Zanzibar. I knew had behaved most boorishly to one of the assistants. He did not know me, but my appearance was enough to cause him hesitation in challenging me to physical contests. But he wasn't expecting to trounce him in the trivia championship. Punk was, what is that phrase? Oh, yes. P'owned. And to top it off, I still had the pleasure of trouncing him, after he took exception to my win! (toothy smile)
Really, I can't think of a contrived set up that would have been more satisfying.

Chic: Now I want some pizza. And ice cream.
Farnsworth: Anchovies on my part, if you please.
Kid Atomic: I'll bring the soda.
Mecha: Make sure they don't mess up my order this time!
Sparky: *sighes*

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:

A-
Andrew: ...a world where no one needs me anymore.
Fredric: A world wi' out justice.
Xerox: 'Father' won.
nTinker: A dead world.
Dr. Viktor: Dey all grow up to hate me for what I keep from them.
Dr. Io: Where I'm alone.
Eta: Whew I cowdn't pwotect anone.

B-
Andrew: Chocolate.
Fredric: V'nilla.
Xerox: Snozzberry.
Eta: Peach!

C-
Andrew: Some Like it Hot, of course!
Fredric: Cloudy Wi' a Cance 'a Meatballs. S' a Sony Animation flik- B-Movie, Mad Science, an' Mr. T!
Xerox: *looks around, coughs, and goes a bit Red* Not that I'll admit it in Game, but... 'The Amazing Tinker Twins (And Little Eric) In: The Deadly Threat of Doctor Mallory'.
Eta: Weawwy? Mine too! Oh, and 'Wabywinth.'

Claire wrote:

Andrew: Hmm... I suppose it would be "Whatever it takes."
Fredric: *goes Pink* Ah, well when Oi'm... yanno... Heroin'... 's 'Justice for All'
Xerox: Awwww.
Fredric: Shaddup.
Xerox: Heh. Anyways, mines 'You're nicked.'

Eta: *clears his throat* 'BOW DOWN BEFOW ME!'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:01 am 

Quote:
"What are you doing here, Alice?"
"I have to show you something. Come with me."
"Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise."
"But why-"
"We don't have any time to waste. We're very late, you know."
"But I-"
"Just follow me!"
"...Alice, what's that noise?"
"What noise?"
"That awful noise. It sounds like a-"

Dana Amino... what was up with your weird dreams? I don't know if we ever got to figure out what was going on with them...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:40 am 

Amino: That is an excellent question, Zobot! And I have absolutely no idea what the answer is! But, never fear, for with the help of the writer and a very large feather, we shall uncover the truth behind this mystery!! *Amino points behind her to reveal Ingrid, holding a very large feather, and the writer, who is tied to a chair*
The Writer: I swear, once we're back in continuity I am so turning your outfit pink.
Amino: SILENCE!! You are here to answer questions of forgotten plot, not to make threats about the pigmentations of my apparel! Ingrid! Use the feather!!
*Ingrid tickles the writer's nose with the feather. The writer wrinkles her nose, then sneezes*
Amino: Aha! Now you see that we mean business! Now, tell me, oh writer, who is that crazy girl and why is she in my dreams?!
The Writer: Look, I want to revisit that subplot later, so I don't think it's a good idea to spoil anything right now.
Amino: LIES!! That crazy Alice girl only appears in my dreams, and seriously, when's the last time I've ever actually slept in continuity?
Ingrid: She has a valid point, you know.
The Writer: *glares at Ingrid* Ingrid, do you ever want that pinstripe suit back? Ever?
Ingrid: *whimpers* But it goes so well with my eyes...
Amino: Don't listen to her lies, Ingrid! Her writing powers are powerless against anything with the word 'quantum' written on it!
The Writer: Dammit, she knows my secret!
Amino: Yes, and now you will reveal the truth! Why is there a crazy girl randomly popping up in my dreams?
The Writer: I don't--*Ingrid begins tickling her nose furiously with the feather, causing the writer to sneeze madly* Achoo! Achoo! All right, I'll tell you! *Ingrid stops tickling* Geez. It's really not all that complicated. You see, it's not uncommon for mads to summon up illusions of their inner psyche. The thing is that Dana's figments are less like cartoony versions of her and have their own sinister agendas. And the fact that Alice keeps trying to lead you somewhere is part of that agenda. I really can't tell you any more than that at the moment, I'm afraid.
Amino: You haven't actually thought of anything else yet, have you?
The Writer: ...No.
*Amino angrily grabs the feather from Ingrid and starts tickling the writer's nose, calling her a lazy porcupine and demanding she think of answers immediately. While she is distracted, her brother Dan creeps in*
Dan: Um, hello there. I'm Dan. Nice to meet you. The writer sent me because she's a little tied up at the moment...dragged me away from my vacation in the Bahamas, too...She just wanted to say she's sorry she doesn't have more answers, and that she will get back to the Alice subplot. Eventually. ... Right, later. I've got an island getaway to get back to. *sneaks out*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:53 am 
Heh heh heh.

A little question for anyone who cares to answer:

If 'post' is spelled P-O-S-T, and 'most' is spelled M-O-S-T, how do you spell what you put in the toaster?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 am 

Miss Clay: Humph, I have heard that a bunch of times

Hawk: Toast?

Miss Clay: obviously some still fall for it.

Hawk: What do you mean by that?

Miss Clay: *whispers into Hawk's ear*

Hawk: Oooooo. I knew that

Miss Clay: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:40 am 

Jane Narbon wrote:
A little question for anyone who cares to answer:

If 'post' is spelled P-O-S-T, and 'most' is spelled M-O-S-T, how do you spell what you put in the toaster?

Claire: ...E-A-R-S? Well, you don't really put them IN the toaster... W-I-R-E-S? S-O-L-D-E-R? S-C-R-E-W-D-R-I-V-E-R? This is hard...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 pm 

Demo: That's an odd question. Bread of course.

AD:*glares at Jane* I'm not falling for that again. Next you'll be asking that 'shop, shop, shop. What do you do at a green light' bit.

Kinestro: DOOM!(tm)?

Laughingman: Toast... no wait... Dangit!

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:19 pm 

Andrew: A Toaster? Don't be silly. Toasters are inefficient- I preffer to use my omni bread particle array.

Xerox: B-A-G-E-L-S. Hah.

Fredric: Alfalfa bread.

Eta: ...Toaster? Whats that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:22 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Eta: ...Toaster? Whats that?

Claire: Oh! I'll show you, Eta! *grabs toaster, wires, batteries, and a screwdriver* There are two fun things you can do with this! I'll show you the one that doesn't destroy the toaster, first. So you take off the back like this, and then you pull out these wires here, and attach a few extra batteries here...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

To any character that wants to answer; How old are you?

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm 

Chic: the writer declared me barely 20 when the wars began. I know we're not following real time here, but the writer has decided I'm now 21.

Jess: And I'm two years older than the kid, so 23.

Minerva: Really! Don't you know better than to ask a lady her age?
(Minerva's aging is similar to the Viktor Twins. Long story. She's probably at least 50, but looks 30-ish.)

Rolf: Was born 1792 or so. So, on the young side for a jaegermonster.

Farnsworth: Looks a fit 40, and with jaeger slowed aging...but considering he was created in a similar fashion to Dr. Viktor, and isn't a typical jaeger (loooong story!). He's at least a hundred. I haven't decided his exact age. From the time of Emporer Vespacian, before being brought forward in time.

Kid Atomic: Hmm...let's say...23. Just because.

I have too many characters...(wondering who I've forgotten).

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane: *smiles enigmatically*

{ Jane is biologically in her mid-20s, but her aging has been slowed ever since the original events of blueLight [flashback from Ch7]. Chronologically, Jane is much older (she's not telling, but apparently the slowdown factor is somewhere between 2:1 and 5:1). As a result, JN has quite a lot of extra experience at life, even though it doesn't look like it... and she just loves using this to her advantage. }

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 am 

Claire: Ummm...

Jennifer: I'm 28, not counting time-travel stuff.

Code: I'm six months old now!

Boxxy: I'm about eight months...

Claire: Uhhhh...

James: *feels old*

Vienna: I dunno. I didn't realize I was supposed to be keeping track.

Claire: So I'm NOT an idiot because I can't remember how old I am?

Jennifer: No, you're an idiot for other reasons. I'll answer for you, though- nearest we can figure, Claire is at LEAST 50, but probably not much older than 150. It's hard to tell and she acts like she's little most of the time anyway, so I don't think it really matters. And she's biologically in her early twenties.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:52 pm 

Herr: I'm twenty-seven. (Actually twenty three, but he's gained a few years through...processes.)
Ummm, ignore the foreshadowing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:32 pm 

Andrew: About 24, if the Author hasn't totally spaced it.

Xerox: 30... depending on if I was ten when I was found... Er, let;s say on the low end I'm 27... high end 31.

Fredric: Seven anna half.

Eta: I am aww of two yeaws owd. *smiles*

Katty Risk: It's hardly polite to ask a lady her age... but I *will* say I'm of age to be puttering about the house and leaving the world destruction to you youngin's~

Gamma: Ah... that is... *ahem*...

Delta: ...we;re in our fourties, and let;s leave it at that.

Dr. Malory: They;re fourty damn five. I'm a year younger.

Viktor Twins: De Beeg Five-Ohh.

Dr. Viktor: *counting quietly on his fingers* Hoo... let's see... mit time travel... chust a leedle over a century now.

Dr. Io: I'm 74.. and florian is a cradle robber.

Dr. Viktor: pfft~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm 

Just to be fair:

Kinestro: DR.KINESTRO!(tm) is 42 years of age! I shall conquer the world before I reach fifty!
(flashback to kinestro at 33): I shall conquer the world before I reach forty!
(flashback to kinestro at 26): I shall conquer the world before I reach thirty!
(flashback to kinestro at 18): I shall conquer the world before I reach twenty!
(flashback to kinestro at 8 ) : I shall conquer the jungle gym before I reach ten!

Laughingman: Well according to the government, which we know is lying, I'm 23.

Ellie: Thah's not a question a lahdy need to answer deah.(76)

Diane: 86! I look rather good for my age eh?

Wolf: 36, always did like dating older women.

Demo: 41.

AD: 41 I think... My memories are still a bit scattered.

10 ghost tackles.

Last edited by Demothesis on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 pm 

Miss Clay: Humph, if you must know, I am 24

Hawk: 28.... or the last time I checked

Miss Clay: You would forget your own head if it was not attached

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm 

Here is a question that is open to everyone. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:20 pm 

Hawkwolf wrote:
Here is a question that is open to everyone. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Sparky: Dog years or people years? Either way, I am the proverbial Faithful Hound.

Chic: Ten...years? That's too far ahead to think about.

Jess: Heh. Primrose and I will probably be parents by them. And I will continue to wow in my chosen profession.

Farnsworth: Hmm? Oh, working. There's enough to do at The Library, goodness knows. And perhaps I shall have even properly trained an assistant at that juncture.

And-Questions!

To any characters-Do you sing? Play an instrument? Which one(s)?

Dr. Beard: Have you ever been to one of your class reunions?

C Valente

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next